Speaker 1: Welcome to the Snottick. You're about to teach your names glazed by the great Chris Ray, Derek black Man, and Tom Sway. Sit back and prepare for some ship. Sit back and prepare for some glazing. Either you're not, he's not doing the audio. Now, fun out.
Speaker 2: I mean, audio probably isn't really that hard to do anymore. It's it's just simply sinking them.
Speaker 3: It's the act of tea. It's tedious, you know.
Speaker 1: That's why I have Derek do it audio and edit. Audio editing in general sucks. Hmm. I think video editing is. It's actually kind of cool. I think audio sucks. Audio. Audio is easier, I mean it is easier still, more tea. It's not as cool though.
Speaker 3: No, there's less you can do obviously.
Speaker 1: You can just change the pitch or something.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of fun though, because like when I was when I started editing the show, I used to like really fuck with our conversations like a lot. Like if whenever, if there was a point that we were when before we had cameras, if there was a point where we were recording and maybe we talked over one another, I would simply like I would make it so like, Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna have mine go first, then have Kingston's after, and then Derek's last, so that way we're not talking over each other. But it's a complete misrepresentation of what the what the conversation was? Oh really, because that's just not how it happened. You're sequencing it. You're resequencing. Yeah, yeah, so you're not on top of each other exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, which was fun to do, but it was also tedious and no one noticed or cared.
Speaker 1: It's gonna take forever, but you have a clean No one cares about this podcasts it is. They want.
Speaker 2: They want raw footage, and doing all those bells and whistles is just making you age yourself for more shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was complete waste of my time.
Speaker 1: Other people stream now people each mean, like, no, direspect the streamers. I know. It's tough to like get on there and do that every day. It's not Why would you not disrespect streamers? It's crazy. I don't. It takes a certain we disrespect everybody. That's true. I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's not the easiest thing to go on and stream because you have to do it consistently to be able to be a streamer.
Speaker 1: But like you're not doing anything. It's like coal mining. I mean it's anciently watched videos with coal binders them and the caves were falling down on them. It was crazy. Imagine them by two by fours. Would it's.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about? I've never seen cold of course, I haven't seen coal mining.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about. I've never seen so many mining videos exactly. It is just in passing. You never seen coal mining. In gender room, they're on there like their knees getting through small holes. But I used to use kids. Well you're kidding, hyper they used You didn't know they used the children for coal mining.
Speaker 3: I don't understand. I thought kids couldn't work.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of a lot of law.
Speaker 2: I actually think that's true. Actually, you know the child labor laws. I think they got cut like thirteen.
Speaker 3: Actually, not kidding, Well, you know, kids got to keep busy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, especially like with all that TikTok. You know, maybe it's maybe time in the minds wouldn't be so bad.
Speaker 1: They come out and their lungs are black, their lugs are white men. White men come out of coal mines looking like fuckings.
Speaker 4: Start tak podcast. Start tak podcast. It's me Chris, it's him Kingson and Derek's not here. Derek's God, we're doing a special episode. Yeah, he's Derek going to say you're Derek.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I mean I used to uh pop in a hand now and then exactly in your shows in those early days. That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you used to be in a lot of them. Yeah, yeah, we did. I know for a fact you were in. Do you remember when I got that weird snack box from Japan?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know those terrible snacks. Were they bad or good?
Speaker 4: I feel like I remember them being really not good. That was in our Glendale apartment. That was when we all lived together.
Speaker 1: That's exciting, That's that's a good time. Remember when the window got shot out?
Speaker 3: I was gone for both times?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he wasn't there.
Speaker 4: I was just I wasn't there both times, which is mega suspicious. I still don't know if I've been lied to.
Speaker 1: Quite frankly, because it was mega weird that it happened both times. When I just happened to believe those cats were doing what they were doing behind it would it would sound like right outside my window. Sound like the sharks out there. But it was this cats. Fuck it, dude, that's what I thought. They were abusing each other. They were the most strength they were. It was brutal cat fox.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like there was like a cat breeding ground outside of our building, right in the alleyway right. I swear to god, I could have if I fell out of my window, I would have landed on them.
Speaker 1: You guys are making it sound pleasant. It was brutal, No, it was. It was. Cats are very vocal, you know, like they have a lot of range, that Whitney Houston type. It's impressive, dude, at least fucking nine adell type. Shit. It's saying that sounds those poor things make.
Speaker 4: It was such an unreasonable time like that, that apartment was hot.
Speaker 1: How was our window getting shot out considering that that person would have to go through those cats we had.
Speaker 4: What confuses me is that we had a third floor technically fourth floor apartment because it was the lobby I think, which was no apartments. I think it was just like that weird, awkward like hallway, the garage and the mail room place.
Speaker 1: I'm looking. I remember to lay out of that place. It was so peculiar.
Speaker 4: I went back there a couple like a year or two ago to film because I used I used that building for the outside facade for where I live, wherever I live now, because like I don't need I'm not gonna show my current place, you know what I mean. But it's a good looking building for like an establishing shot of like a show. But that first floor is fucking crazy because it's it is just a narrow hallway and then an elevator, mailboxes, and then nothing.
Speaker 1: Well you forgot the vending machine, that's right, there was a Remember we got the soaps and stuff right? Well, no, we got the orange the square in Canada, Colers I remember, like a cactus cooler when you're broke. God, those were times.
Speaker 2: No washing machine. We had to wash that Joe and fucking Whiskey's place.
Speaker 1: Did we do that? Yeah? We did. We had no washing machine. We were wait did we really not have washing main? We were in a bad way. There was no washing machine. How did we do our laundry when we have many clothes? I don't know much clothing I could have sworn. We had like some and we walked to Joe to do our laundry and it was granted it was maybe a two minute walk. I would have that seems too sure. We didn't have like a laundry We didn't go to a laundry mat.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't, right, So no, I think you guys are right.
Speaker 2: God speaking a laundry mat, remember Andrew and then that girl?
Speaker 1: What do you mean I peel on your bad? Oh my god. I wasn't gonna talk about that. I didn't want to go into that memory. That day was so hilarious, so that that was just an insane day. That was the day after she tried to uh force herself on Joe. Yeah, yeah, okay, these are the these are the memories. Is we have this?
Speaker 3: That was only twelve months too? Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: It really was twelve month I don't even think it was twelve I'm being honest. It was a year. I think it was a year. I think it felt like three years. It might have been. I felt like a lot of struggle. We had so many people in our apartment at different times. That house was Yeah, we had a homeless guy living with us for a little bit, right, Yeah, yeah, we justin in there. The Yeah, we did have just we had that justin.
Speaker 3: We had our friend Francis live in there.
Speaker 1: Barb huh, Barb Barbara, Oh yeah, Barb lived there for a while.
Speaker 3: That was a crazy and that was not a big space.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm thinking that had to be years because they like everybody was there for so long.
Speaker 3: They were there for like maybe like a couple of months each.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, maybe a maximum. That house was.
Speaker 2: The beginning of what the absurdity of living out here as an adult would become. Yeah, things have toned down a lot for all of us were kind of in stable places real It's like we're all in a stable place. Yeah, But like it was just such an insane series of situations that living in Glendale was.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean I think all of la in those early times didn't even feel real, Like it was all like very much so a sitcom. Plus we had people in and out like a sitcom. Like there was always something happening. Yeah, I think people were always doing something.
Speaker 4: It didn't feel like a real place at all, and there was always some weird thing going on. Like I remember that mattress that had like remember that mattress that was outside of our building for for like months, that just had bugs written at pen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not even like mark, not even like marker or like paint or anything.
Speaker 4: It was like pen like someone went over it a bunch of times to make sure it was Thinking of insane mattress ourselves too.
Speaker 1: Remember in the middle of how you put out a mattress, It was like at maybe one am. Oh, because remember that.
Speaker 3: We all because we didn't know how to legally get rid of it, right, so we just.
Speaker 1: All went out in the middle of Now you put a mattress on away from our block, not even on our blocker, And then we ran back home in the middle of a drop dead sprint, and we walked it.
Speaker 4: We walked it down the street so that it wouldn't be connected to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you were absolutely just cooligant children living on our own. Yeah. I got all of my furniture from off the street and from other people. I had two couches in my bedroom at one point, and I bet I remember that, And it wasn't a big bedroom at all. It was, in fact, was the small area you had to be on one of those items of furniture in that room. I think I remember that you had to get in on one of those right, You just get in and get on the thing.
Speaker 4: The one thing I remember specifically was that my room was ten degrees hotter than everybody else's room.
Speaker 1: Because the layout of apartment was like the whatever was supposed to be a patio, that gray sludgish area, and then it was the kitchen over here, and the AC was on the window. The ac hit everything. It was just passing your room located.
Speaker 4: The ac hit everything and hit the bathroom, It hit your room, it hit the living room, hit the kitchen, skipped me entirely. Yeah, I went to bed with like an oscillating fan under my under my sheets for like months.
Speaker 1: You made a fort that had an oscillating fan.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't get cold enough.
Speaker 4: And that was back when it was actually hot in l A all the time, all the time.
Speaker 1: It's not like now where weather's changed so much here too. That's crazy to think about. The weather's like the weather's toned down because it gets really hot for like a day or two, but then it calms down. But when you first got here, like summer was like hell. It was, it was actually hell. I was like terrible. It was like one hundred Remember the one hundred and sixteen week as a mailman, and it was just brutal.
Speaker 3: That's right, you're a male man.
Speaker 1: Was tortured because before I moved out here, when you guys skip out here you were a mailman, nobody would call me because you'd be fucking near hysteria. It was honestly like that. That job was driving me crazy. I just got to do this. I'm exhausted and I still was broke, and I was there seven days a week. Due you work, you worked on weekends sometimes. Yeah, that's so razy. Amazon to deliver packages on Sundays, Are you serious? Yeah? Yeah, so that way we could work seven days a week.
Speaker 3: That is next level stuff.
Speaker 1: Man. Fun. Yeah, it's grating for somebody.
Speaker 3: It really is for somebody.
Speaker 1: It's fun for everybody but us everybody else, you know.
Speaker 4: I was looking at that video of when was it Tom Sweeney Hates Hates the Gays? The first one that we and it was like it started with like a tour of the apartment, and I'm glad I have that video still because I would have forgotten a lot of details.
Speaker 3: But we had like we had a pot of water in the fridge. I swear to God, if you like, if you want that video, again.
Speaker 4: It's just there's just a pot of water free standing open.
Speaker 1: There's second not a litter or anything. And I think it's because, like we didn't have a filter on our sink. Oh my, it would boil clean water. I either we did that. That was Are we in fucking Puerto Rico in the mountains? What the fuck is going on? You know? I swear that water was making us sick. Though it was making me sick high time I drank the water, I just I felt gross, right, And that's why we drank red Bull. Remember when we were just drinking red Bull? Yeah, my heart can't take it anymore.
Speaker 3: We were we were addicted to the red Bull for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember. I remember you went to San fran I went to Sacramento with a sacrament for a date because I was dating it farther up, yeah, a little further because I went on a date with a uh a Red Bull ambassador. Oh wow. We had a date in a in a castle and I had sword fish for the first time. It wasn't good, it doesn't sound like it. But I came back with a case of red Bull. Never saw her again, but I got a case of red Bull. Big case, so brought it back. We all had red Bull forever, and uh, if you're thirsty, drink red bull. It was bad. We were drinking red Bull as you were thirsty. It was cheaper than water because we had it for free.
Speaker 4: We could either buy a rena filter and then constantly change it, or get a case of water, which costs some money, or just drink the red Bull that we had, which.
Speaker 1: I didn't have some money to buy us. I was like, well this, I had to filter out the water from the red Bull. If I wanted to straight water, I'd have to simmer it out and put it in a fridge. That water. Absolutely, dude, it's looking that.
Speaker 4: I wish the photo of that fridge or what was inside of that fridge in that video was a box.
Speaker 1: Of baking soda. It was water. Let me look it up that let me find it mony. You really don't want to visit that bridge. It's gonna look like sadness.
Speaker 3: No, man, it looks uh look.
Speaker 2: Back at that because I've lived I've quite a few places now, I've lived like there. The second place there was the one that met Cristo that afterwards, and then after that it was with.
Speaker 1: Me and Joe. Yeah, then me a mean and justin me I mean, and dre and now with Lily. Yeah. So I've lived quite a few places now it's like, fuck, oh my god, that's real. I remember that pot. Oh my god, the fucking mostly empty containered eggs, crazy eggs left.
Speaker 4: It tells to mething it's on this channel. It's like, what is it? A minute and fourteen seconds in? But like, man, that oh there it is. There's the big there's the bigger one.
Speaker 1: Look at that fridge, dude, one beer.
Speaker 3: Just it's so there's one pot with a lid on it.
Speaker 1: No clue what that could be if I if I was Arizona lines.
Speaker 5: Free scurvy away now and then one loose bear, dude, or actually and an empty container of eggs with actually I think no eggs in it.
Speaker 1: Screenshot that because I don't think anybody in my life actually believes that, Like we actually were down bad like that.
Speaker 2: It was always It's really crazy to think about, Like that is my worst fear again, being that poor, Really, Chris, I don't think you remember how poor I was, Chris, because I couldn't pay rent for so long.
Speaker 1: I was so poor. I do remember that I was so poor it was insane. I think about that. I'm like, if I get that poor again, I'm gonna have to die. Quits. Like even if Lily is makes really good money, but if I was that poor again, I'd be like, Lily, I can't be around you like this. I'm no good to you. I gotta die. I write a letter to be like, hey girl, I'm too poor to be alive. I'm sorry. Hopefully i'd see you in the next life, and I would kill myself under the bed. It's got to be on a great callmark card though, like a beautiful part. It's like she thinks I'm just like saying I love you or something, and it's my suicide, not.
Speaker 3: Under the porch or something like a dog ps.
Speaker 1: I stole this card and they know where to find you. So you gotta put this on your credit card because I'm I can't afford it. You stole it with her credit card, her credit card, which I stole from you for I put it back in your bag, though I put I put it back in your bag, back in your bag off. Sorry, It's just an or borrows and thievery. The whole thing is just it's just why poor people stay poor, and it's like, hey man, bye, I love you, I love you. Sorry. The most upsetting part of that to me was like I was still working all the time, and yeah there was like no, I was hitting like thirty eight hours a week and I was just with with the minute because I have I think how many bills I have now, and like, I don't know. If I had the amount of bills I have now making what I was making, then I'd be like, oh, I have to have to be paying my bills. It was like it was it was either survive or pay bills. So it's like I think, I just I'm gonna survive. I paid the bill when they turned my shit off, right exactly, and when when it gets real bad, they'll turn it off and then I I won't have a mill. I won't have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did that just to see what it was like.
Speaker 1: Student loans, come.
Speaker 2: On, I'm so blessed I have no student loans. I really think about how lucky I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all I'm done with. I don't have any paid off all yours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I paid off all mine much so, No, I didn't have like a crazy one for two years, right, Yeah, I only went for two years. It was it was enough to be like that sucks, yeah, but like it wasn't. It was definitely doable.
Speaker 1: You know. It was less than ten right, I'm yessing, I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember how much it was because it's gone now.
Speaker 1: You know how amazing.
Speaker 2: I had literally none. I had no student loans at all. My grandma paid for me beginning my first one, and then by the time I started the second one, I got like I got faster for the help. But the suits started making like not even good money, like just money and all. They're like, we can't have that anymore.
Speaker 1: Were you going to school when you first got out here? Were you just at Starbucks?
Speaker 2: I was at such when I first got out here, and then when we moved the olive like halfway through, I started going to school again.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, because I.
Speaker 2: Was trying to go to school forever, because I remember I didn't have my papers to go to school because you were going to start school again too for a while, and I didn't have some sort of certification. But I was like, I've been living here for like seven months. They're like, I'm sorry, we can't prove you live here. Oh, so I had to wait until I had at least a year of me living here to go to school again. So I went to school then and I finished when like a little bit into living in a place with Joe, I finished my second degree.
Speaker 1: Really good movie.
Speaker 3: Oh oh okay, okay, I remember second degree.
Speaker 1: I have an associates degree in biology, and I have a social degree in it, like I don't know liberal arts. Yeah, so anybody else is trying to get a degree, just just get it. It's clearly very easy. It's really not that hard. It's just a lot of time. That's it. This is unnecessary time.
Speaker 3: It's a time sink.
Speaker 1: It's a receipt.
Speaker 2: Is this a receipt that lets me know that you're willing to suffer and go poor? Yeah, to not really gain knowledge, to look at a book for a while.
Speaker 4: Dude, I remember, I just remember that time being so strange because I just I remember that was the apartment I had alcohol boys in again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, you were so bad, it was crazy. And that was when you I came like an angel descending upon you. A bowl of water. Bowl of water, yeah, because it was the biggest container we had was a bowl that wasn't a pan that was being used, clearly, Yeah, that had fresh water. We gaking you fresh water, and we gave you sink water. Sink quarter mixed with red went in there, and I was like, all right. You were like, he's right, and I closed the door. Man, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't think you were that because you were drinking with us the whole time, and you just said you were drinking that much. But then at a certain point you started just looking like unwell, and I was like, I was like, he's, bro, it's.
Speaker 1: Not a big deal. Was before after I was dating Lily, I think it was before. It was probably a little bit before, yeah, And I was like, he's all right, dude.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I never had an alcoholic problem, but I don't back then, especially like I didn't want to, Like if I was going, I was like, well I might as well continue, you know what I mean, if I was drinking at all, right, I think I viewed it like I'm already poisoning myself. So if I poisoned myself for no gain, what the fuck is the point?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna keep doing it until I'm drunk, because that's the point.
Speaker 1: That's the point, right, I was well patned.
Speaker 2: I would drink when I other fish go, I would just down beers like a fucking animal.
Speaker 1: I would down beers and fail at talking to girls. That was my fucking mo'. Is that what you were? Oh? My fucking guys. Why I left fish Skill? Oh no, I left fish School because I was a jackass. I want independence, and then I came here was just destitute for a while. I had no plan at all for a while. Listen, that's you gotta do anything you get out of Fishkill. Yeah. Yeah, Well, to be fair, I didn't really have much of a plan either. I mean, it just is life.
Speaker 3: Because you came to me what like two weeks before you left, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Three weeks and it was it was amazing because I called them I'll never forget and on the phone, I said, Hey, I'm moving across the tree in like three weeks. I need somebody to drive with me. Are you down? And he was like uh uh okay, he like he took two three seconds and was like, yeah, this is this sounds good. Three weeks, pack up everything we had, get into a way too old car and drive a classic What was what was that car that you drove. It was a two thousand and five Honda Cord Do you.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you something in my memory that is a nineteen eighty nine four Tours.
Speaker 1: Or something like that car was sold? Lad it literally the way, wasn't it like tilted kind of to the side. I wouldn't be surprised because the way it finally started to go was like I'm at a light and I light turns green. I pressed the gas and the uh, front axle snaps, like what let you turn? The wheel just snaps? Right? So uh if that happened on the highway or something when into car that we pushed back home, right, yeah, we pushed. We pushed it into like some somewhere, I don't know where we pushed it and then Jiffy Uber or something like that. And then I used like my last five hundred dollars to buy a moped, and so I had a moped. That's right. Yeah, I totally forgot that this is living at Hilda, right, Yeah, this must have been at Hilda. That is so hilarious. I forgot that you had a moped. I had a moped for that star the scar from the moped. No, maybe, I don't know. My scars are from at this point, just like there are things that happened, and I remember that day like it was yesterday when you crashed it. Yeah, that was I got called an uber. I left the thing there and it's like I'm going home. I remember that Nave called.
Speaker 2: Me and Lily and we were like doing whatever the fuck were doing, Yeah, some stupid ship and then we were like you called. You came back in and we were like what happened to him? And I was like, we crashed.
Speaker 1: You walked into that apartment and I was like scared.
Speaker 4: So I was like, what it looked like the mob had found you or something like you looked like you.
Speaker 1: Were through the ring. You about yourself, Oh my god, I asked you for a jointed smoke, like I just need to relax.
Speaker 2: Did I have any those parties? Remember you got for random parties? Were like in a fucking tube.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. Yeah. I had a lot more weed back then. Yeah, I think yeah, and had that watching Dave Chappelle good laugh, and I's totally forgotten about this. Yeah, But there's a lot of stuff memories that happened in Hilda or around Hilda. It feels like so much more things happened there, Like I feel like.
Speaker 3: More things happened there than we remember.
Speaker 1: For sure. I think Olive felt weird because it felt like it was we were a little bit more together in all of that's slightly more so, like we had a lot of I think Hilda was a ton of fun because we meet up in the intersection of our rooms and lay down on the ground on the cock carpet and just talk about craziness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I mean that's in that video. Basically, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's the start of that. The contention was doing that that video.
Speaker 3: I don't there's like some.
Speaker 4: Video that I posted a long time ago of us just kind of talking in that that's in that space because I think I just had the camera on and I was like, I don't know, I needed a film.
Speaker 3: I needed bullshit to throw in the middle of like.
Speaker 4: Videos that I was making, because that was the only way that I knew how to transition between things was just throw people non sequitives that had nothing to do with.
Speaker 1: Anything perfect and was insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's the I think you had like a that was the bag sword or something invented characters.
Speaker 1: There was somebody with a bag sword. There was a guy back flip out of tanks. He would get really close Peop would take where he's man blow them up. There was a little fire skate the classic one classic guid on the fire skate, the fires.
Speaker 3: That falls off is on video.
Speaker 1: I have that. OK, that's good that that idea is one of the most insane ideas ever. There's a little kid trying to help. Yeah, we had.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like when we moved into the second apartment. Uh, that wasn't under duress, because we moved in that first place kind of underdress, not necessarily to duress, but like we only found it because I was outside screaming.
Speaker 1: You remember that, Yes, I do remember. That was outside, Like we came up to you and said, hey, I have a place. I couldn't help it over here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I couldn't open over here the landlord Everett. Yeah, I had Like I was outside, like on the phone with my parents or like I was on the phone my mom was like, these people out here don't know how to do anything, Like what the fuck is?
Speaker 3: Why is everybody out here so stupid? Because I think we had seen a.
Speaker 1: Place seem like three places. We'd seen so many places. You remember that place that we walked in. There was nobody there. We walked in.
Speaker 4: They were like, you've got first, You've got priority, right, They said, like, you've got priority on this place. And I was like, great, let's sign the fuck. It was like a townhouse. Yeah, it was like it was nice.
Speaker 1: It was so it was so awesome. I would have loved to have lived there, but like we probably would have kept it and had like still great pricing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, like it was a good place.
Speaker 1: And then it costs now, holy c probably a lot. Actually, well, you know what are they charge in for Hilda now garbage?
Speaker 3: They're charging what I'm paying it right now.
Speaker 1: You're lying Now, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not kidding for that fucking terrible apartment they got no air, doesn't cool.
Speaker 1: Down, doesn't cool down, paper walls, paper.
Speaker 3: Do you earn the noise complace that we were, yet we get constantly.
Speaker 1: Get them again.
Speaker 4: I remember there was an old Asian man that that came up. Yeah, it's like can you quiet down? It was I was like I don't.
Speaker 1: That was on the day.
Speaker 3: We weren't even being loud, so like I didn't even understand what was happening.
Speaker 1: I was like buddy, it gets so much worse. It gets so much Just wait, it gets so much worse. They're not even playing video game. Remember the Skyrim days, you'd have a party that is solid sky everybody. You were doing it too, you were playing over our trash home. I remember I brought Lily over for a Skyrim party. She was like, what the fuck is this? Are you guys playing together? I was like, no, in theory, we're around each other. We're all playing.
Speaker 4: The idea that we the idea that we all got together and played Skyrim separately.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. List no regrets. I'll do it again. I'll you can do it today, dude, bring them TV's over to the path. We could do it. You got a spare TV, spare monitors, had spare monitors line, I do have spare TVs. Trying to explain to my girlfriend now that yeah, we need spare TVs like it just doesn't make sense to her, but to me, I'm like, yeah, just in case you know it's over over someone comes over and brings their console with them, why not let's play some fucking skyrom.
Speaker 4: Dude, I have a spare PlayStation now there, I've got my old PS five just sitting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got spare PlayStation, maybe a spare Xbox anywhere I need a TV. I have an Xbox Series at my parents house.
Speaker 2: I have I have like multiple Nintendo switches in my house. That's about it, because Lily has one. I have one, and then I have the one that I was supposed to give the Lily but she ended up getting her own before that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: You know, I just remembered about that apartment that you slept on, that foot on that was broken for months. Oh yeah, you were used to fix it. Yeah, you were just sleeping on the ground with like it works. That thing did not work. It got that was so non functional.
Speaker 1: It was infuriate. It worked in terms of being off the ground. It worked in terms of being something that wasn't the floor, right, It wasn't the floor, but.
Speaker 3: You we might as well just had a man on the floor.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: At a certain point, like I don't even know why we even went with the facade that we even had something akin to a foodtob We were just pretending to have a.
Speaker 1: Foot At a certain point, Yeah, it was like, yeah, we got it together. Look we've got like a living room area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they like didn't function it because so much was taken up by that crazy desk.
Speaker 2: Remember breaking as remember how liberating it was destroying that desk.
Speaker 1: I remember all you.
Speaker 4: Don't remember breaking that desk? O. So we had a you brought it in, right, No.
Speaker 1: It was it was whisky. It was. It was whiskey. Me and and Jay and I brought it in. But it was Kevin's show off. That thing was so heavy, heavy, crazy touch.
Speaker 4: In retrospect, that was probably the most expensive piece of sure that we had ever even remotely come into contact with, because it was such a heavy, like mahogany desk almost.
Speaker 1: That was like one piece of wood, you know, like yeah, like carved, that's like something that's in your like office, in your fucking.
Speaker 4: Home, not even our hole, like it's like our grandfather's home, like like that's where like your grandfather type writes. And we just took like I don't even know how we busted it over. We I know we busted in one of the doors because one of the doors was locked because one of our friends left it with us and then just never had any indication that he was going to take it back.
Speaker 1: There was no essentially well regardless, so regardless of who took who away. Let's not get into specific. Was it like he was just like ah whatever, you know, he had to leave, We had to, right whatever.
Speaker 4: The point is that desk was sitting in our apartment for fucking ever. Yeah, and it was like barely I think we tried to use it kind of we know.
Speaker 1: Somebody behind it. It was like a like a separating room for the other guy we had.
Speaker 4: We had a homeless We had a homeless person living behind like behind the behind the desk. I love that somebody else is here to corroborate that this is real because it sounds so fucking fake.
Speaker 1: But it's three sources. That's insane lifestyle. It's fake. Sounds like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we lived in an apartment with like a homeless guy living behind the desk in our living room.
Speaker 1: He lived behind the deck.
Speaker 3: In fairness, I rarely saw him because he was behind the desk all the time, you know.
Speaker 1: But that was real that that was like a real thing that happened to it.
Speaker 2: It was such an insane period of time. He was because it's one of my coworkers, right, and he just got put on and I was like, man, I'm not doing good.
Speaker 1: But at least I'm not homeless.
Speaker 4: Hey, it is crazy, though, in retrospect, that you and somebody who wasn't paying red.
Speaker 2: Offered a space offer. I asked, I asked. Before I did that, I made sure. I was like, hey, I live with people. I can't just break someone here exactly let me ask.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't mind because it wasn't like I I had things. I didn't feel like I had things that were important, Like I stopped thinking of my car, drove across the country and we slept in a Walmart parking lot with the doors open, with all of our things, everything to our name.
Speaker 2: We didn't care because the other friends that moved the same time got robbed twice.
Speaker 1: We looked like we were homeless, so like we looked dangerous kind of because like our car was beat up, we were sweating, we were Dirtywe we we bathed in the in the bathroom. In the bathroom baths literally were just like we took the sink and splashed ourselves right, literally, we splashed ourselves clear clean. For a minute.
Speaker 3: Was that in Illinois that we did that?
Speaker 1: I think it was annoyed, but we also can't I don't want to talk about that. Don't forget about that one.
Speaker 4: That camping that camping ship really pissed camp. No, we didn't try it. We did we bare We hitched a tent in the dark.
Speaker 1: We got him inside like Abraham Lincoln Forest and uh in Illinois, and we had we pitched his head in the dark out from exhaustion. He stayed away for six hours. We lived so we were like, it's been sounding fake for a while. You know, what do you guys doing?
Speaker 4: Just you guys, Because we couldn't stay in a hotel. I had two hundred dollars to my name. I think that was all I had.
Speaker 1: Was pulled into a parking lot. You guys can't just.
Speaker 3: Parking out where we'd be seeing brilliant people.
Speaker 1: But I think you got any sleeping in the darkness. You know how comfortable tents are that are prepared. And he was on the ground in the woods. We had no sleeping bags, so we literally laid on the ground with a thin layer of tent over it.
Speaker 3: He passed out immediately.
Speaker 1: I was awake the whole time because all I was thinking of, we're gonna get all our stuff stolen, and something's gonna kill it, eat us or I'm gonna be raped and killed or something, some horrible thing. And then in the middle of the night, Will he's passed out. I hear fucking sniffing. I hear animals. You heard sniffing. Oh my, I heard, and I look over at Jay Jalen's pass out like a baby I was doing was sleeping sound He was so fucking he was like a cherub. That was fucking ridiculous. I've never seen somebody sleep so soundly. While I was in we have never been here in the state or in this fort. I never in Illinois. I've never been camping like that, especially with nothing, nothing, and it was dark. When i've it together, it wasn't put together right. There's animals sniffing outside. I'm just like, I'm not. I can't be at peace. Feel like a big animal or they feel like a small animal. Snip irrelevant. That was it was. It was a beast that was curious, which was more than more suspicion that I wanted to arouse that I think it was bigger. Though.
Speaker 3: My my hunch was that because it sounded hefty, you know, and so I was like.
Speaker 1: At best, it's a deer. At worst, it's a bear. We had a series of unfortunate events that entire trip, That whole drive was truly insane. Two and a half days and a half days, literally insane. Two and a half days. We made it from New York to l A, which is almost max speed MAC speed and very limited breaks. And we did stop a couple of times because we did stop at the like a hotel, Like we looked at the hotel once you got sick, that gets sick. What we were do you remember that red hole you were that cold subway sandwich? I was gonna get to that sandwich, I said, what sucks.
Speaker 4: We stopped at a subway in the middle of our drive because it was like the only thing but like that was possible to stop at.
Speaker 1: And we stopped off and I was like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me get a steak and cheese because it's just I needed something hot and like with like I needed meat and just something right. And they were like, hey, so the so the toast is not working. And I was like, so it's a cold steak and cheese sandwich and we were like yeah, And I was like fine.
Speaker 1: We only had some Gatorade energy gummies. We had a like a box of nuts and a box of Little Bites and a few Red Bulls. That's what that was our preparation for meals. We were gonna make a bunch of sandwiches, and then we just didn't. We didn't do it. I don't know what happened. Uh, maybe we didn't have time. We could have just made the time. We just do it. We were just like we think, we were just eager to it out.
Speaker 4: And by the time we had the plan to make sandwiches, it was already like it's tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We could just let's just go. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: But Yeah, there's Gatorade energy gummies, which I'm still stouted or even real.
Speaker 1: I think they stopped selling them. I think I never I haven't seen them in a long maybe ever. I've only ever seen them that one time I bought. I feel like you guys are talking about them. I don't think they're real. You guys are imagining them. Maybe.
Speaker 4: Man, there's a lot of ship that it feels like we imagined, Like that wall of rain, the wall of rain we drove into that attacked us, that trucker that almost killed us.
Speaker 1: Uh, the fog that was the densest fog I've still seen seen dense. Fog is creepy because it was always dense. Okay, do you remember you remember our friend Vanessa? Yes, yes, there was always fog. I remember there was always fog by her house. You don't remember. You don't remember there being fogged by her house. I would have never went back. I would have marked her as a witch and said we're done. I went there. There was one stayed over at her house for some reason. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Maybe I was with Elliott, but I stayed over there, and I remember looking outside her house. I was like, I'm in this place where I know this person, best person. Four times, I'm just at this I'm downstairs, they're upstairs doing whatever the fuck they're doing, and I'm just in this place.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I'm here. I should have just went home. There was a few times like that with Elliott where I was like, why am I here? Right now? Brings me?
Speaker 2: I was in I told his story here. I was in fucking what's the place called Woodstock with Elliott? And it was I was the I why have I gotten taken the Woodstock? With Elliott as well?
Speaker 1: You've been there with him too, Yes, I hang up with it was only saying with some random girl that. I was like, I don't know these who was there with him?
Speaker 2: And it was me and Troy I think Troy Barker or Tony Barker, the back comedian guy, actually famous comedian. Me and him were the only black people there who were smoking a blunt together. And you were like, what the fuck are we doing? He was like, man, I was here for a show. I was like, I was just following my fucking friend. I don't know what This place seems insane?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wood Sock, Yeah, I've been there twice. That place I've never been nothing. It looks like it looks like the how do I describe it best? You know the plaza, the plaza like fucking shopping areas. Yeah. Sure, it looks like a town of that.
Speaker 3: That sounds like that can play strip mall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like a town. Like there's a strip mall, like a big strip mall became a town somehow.
Speaker 3: If you do you remember this like I do? In Kansas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were driving through Kansas and I feel like we passed the same town over and over again.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you remember this? Yes? And we are A comment on that was like, can it's taken forever to get through Kansas, and it really did. And we hit a lot of stuff in Kansas.
Speaker 3: It feels like the majority of Archer was Kansas somehow.
Speaker 1: Right, That's where uh I we stopped because my mom my car was like in rough condition, right, So I was like worried about if we use the AC for too long. I was like, we might need motoil. Pulled over to the gas station. That's why I saw a cowboy and cashier. They really didn't like me, so I had to leave with zero help. After walking in, walked out, where was the rains? You were in the car? I walked in, I asked him for like, hey, where's their motoil? Him and this cowboy. The catcher and the cowboy just looked at me like this is not where you're supposed to be and they said nothing to me, and I was like, all right, So I went to the back look for the motor oil. I think I found it, but I was like, I'm not going to go to the cash register and say anything to these people because I'm getting real bad vibes. Bro I left. We turned around. We just left, and I was like, all right, we're just gonna hopefully the car works. This is the best outcome. Probably I was. Probably I felt like that was that was the dud guy who've never been to Kansas before. Never never. I want to go across country.
Speaker 3: There's nothing to see.
Speaker 1: I want to across contract. Is that where we did the illegal U turn front of all those police U turn because I was driving without knowing where I was going.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, So we got I got into Kansas City and I fell asleep and I'm holding the phone. I guess with the GPS instead of waking me up.
Speaker 1: He's driving bad because he hadn't been sleeping. He drives. He drives in circles in Kansas City for like hours, and then I finally woke up and I was like where are we He was like, oh, Kansas City. And I was like, we're still in Kansas City. The sun's almost down. He was like, yeah, you look like you were like real at peace, you up peace at hours. I guess it was Kansas City. So it wasn't that long after Illinois, but like, fucking man, man, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: I think that was like when I passed out after the camping.
Speaker 1: Because I didn't sleep. So I was like you're yeah, because at all I was like being sniffed on by bears and ship.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that was a drive. And I remember I was so sick when we finally got to l A. There's a picture somewhere of us getting to la the day we got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I looked so ill. That was such a rough.
Speaker 2: That was such a like, dude, I remember you guys being like, yeah, we made it, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we weren't even happy, we were just now.
Speaker 3: I took a cold shower.
Speaker 4: It was the only time in my life that I took a cold shower ever, because I think I had a fever end.
Speaker 1: It was one hundred and six degrees. I never used. Do you remember we were all in that house for a pit of time when we first moved out here.
Speaker 4: We were rooming with Joe and we were like seven of us and it was in a two bedroom, seven of us in a two bedroom, and we would turn the A C on and I remember being at the time. I remember at the time being like I will pay for the I will literally foot your bill for please let me, because they would just let me use it and I would turn it on and then they would Joe would wake up like a zombie in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: I'm not even convincing he was conscious when he did that.
Speaker 1: I've seen him do it. Yeah, Bill turned it out.
Speaker 4: He wait, and he woke up saunter over like a And in my memory, he didn't even walk to it. It was like you know when people walk, there's like kind of like an up and down motion to the It's like it was like he glided like a like a fucking rate over to the a C and shut it off. And I remember always hearing that click being like no, no, dear deer falls down my face such a fu That.
Speaker 1: Carpet was riddled with grief. Just never dude. Remember when they world and it was still terrible. Wait they cleaned that cart, Yes they cleaned it. No way, they didn't clean no no, no, no no, no no no. When like someone came and cleaned it, I forgot we were doing We were like filming a movie for the graduations like that, and at that period of time they had like people come in and cleaned it. He said, we paid to have it gleed, and like I remember Karnam Maliar and it was like, look is a clean car. It looks you see they got what's crazy about that that apartment? I don't think it was the cleaner's fot. I think they could do all they could.
Speaker 4: What's crazy about the apartment that, Joe, because you lived there with Whiskey and Joe for a while. When I when we first got to l A, I stayed in la for like three months and I couldn't find the job, and then so I moved back home. And then when I came back, that was when we lived in that We lived in the same place with seven other people for like a brief period of time. But I remember my first trip there. The first three months, it was like, Oh, this was a nice little place. You had that cut out of fucking the dose equis guy in the corner. Oh, I remember that. It's in the background of some stuff that I was looking at the other day. I was like, Oh, that was a nice little place. And then I went home and like worked for like months, and I was like, hey, I can finally come back out guys.
Speaker 3: And then I remember the day I got to that apartment. I was convinced that. So I got I got off the plane or fucking whatever, and I got I took my lift or my uber to this apartment to meet up with you guys, because we were gonna be crashing there for like as long as it took to find a new place, which thankfully only took three weeks. But I walked up to the apartment and I felt something was wrong as I was approaching. I remember feeling that because I was like, I've never felt that way before, weird. And then I get to the door, period.
Speaker 1: And then I get to the door, the door is open, wide open, and I walk in the sofas in the middle of the the middle of the living round. I remember everything is gone.
Speaker 3: There's stains all over the ground.
Speaker 1: Look it looked like someone had run in there, robbed you and killed everybody involved. It looked like a crack house. It really did.
Speaker 3: It looked like like I was like, what happened while I was gone? And like I walked in, I was like, hello, is anyone here?
Speaker 1: And I was like expecting, like I half expected like a guy in a mask to come out and shoot be dead. But I was like whatever. I got here and no one answered for like twenty minutes, and so I'm sitting there, I'm looking around.
Speaker 3: I'm like is anybody here like Jayleen, like whisk.
Speaker 1: And then twenty minutes later Kevin. Kevin goes, oh, okay, you didn't even actually live there. Yeah, he goes, hey, Chris, I was like, you're here whatever. First of all, what the fuck happened? It?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: I wish I'm so I'm annoyed that I didn't take a picture of it, because no amount of like just description will do it just It really looked like shit was ripped off.
Speaker 3: It really looked like a crackhouse.
Speaker 1: It was bad place. I don't know it was No, that was before I think that was before people even got there. Oh that's what's crazy. We cleaned it up so people could just stays before me and Elliot got it came out the day later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was it. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: There was no worry about getting robbed there because it looked like somebody already ran right. It's like it's like in Last of Us where it's like, oh, there's nothing here. Maybe they'll be like tape or a nail nail and pills of some sort. I could take the slow down the pain. Damn dude.
Speaker 2: I remember we got the apartment and Elliott was like, I'm staying with you guys for the rest of my vacation here, I am not staying there.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, I was. In fairness, we did have a new apartment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in comparison, we had the one mattress that we all laid on. Jalen had the only in his room. So me, you and Elliott just took portions of the mattress. We were off, half on and or half of that was one time. I was twenty fifteen, so that was it was sixteen, was it? Oh yea, that's right, that's.
Speaker 3: Right, that's right. It was twenty sixteen.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, and I remember just yeah, we just we couldn't have any miscommunication about how gay it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we took portions.
Speaker 4: I think I laid on the corner with just my stomach and my arms and legs hanging off.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I was on the edge closest to the door and it was just the top part of my body.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it looked fucking crazy, that is saying. And what I just had a mattress on the floor right from the last place.
Speaker 2: You had your mattress, and then like I didn't have a frame because I was on a bunk bed with Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had a.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah, you just had You just had the mattress on the ground.
Speaker 1: You walk in and you were just laying in the middle of your floor in your room. There was just nothing in the room.
Speaker 3: I had never been yet on the floor.
Speaker 1: I didn't never be bread out to stay cool. That's right. That is such an insane because it's technically, well, it's a little while ago now all Like, I've been on here for almost ten years. Next year will be ten years from Yeah, it'll be It is ten years I think about. Yeah for me, next ye'll be ten years.
Speaker 4: It's about to be ten years for me if you count that three month period that I was out here for like a little bit, which I do kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the first period of time. You came back like a six months later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like six months when I came back a little bit after my birthday because I was like, I can't, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: What else happened at Hilda. There was more crazy stuff that.
Speaker 2: Was one of our friends. One of our friends got really drunk and tried to drive home and I had to wake up sleep and convinced them not to.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, hey, you're about to look up and I was like, are you because right? Because yo, current me right now, I wouldn't do anything. I'd be like I would say something and it didn't listen. I'd be like, look, I can't I can't keep you here right if you don't want to be here, I can't keep you in class, you know, like my teacher, I can't make you stink. I want to say class. But like I was like, hey, don't go. I was like, hey, don't really like no. I got to get home and I was like, I was like, Bud, you're very drunk. You're not standing up straight. Go to sleep, Please go to sleep. That was the best thing you could do. I saved the life. Yeah, that makes up for all the bad ever done because I saved the life. You do you remember? Uh? I'm trying to.
Speaker 4: Figure out how to tell the story about using names, which because I don't I don't necessarily want names.
Speaker 1: But when they made up the fib about someone dying, yeah, wow, yeah that was the thing. So sister called me, Your sister called me. Mom called me, and I was like, let's give.
Speaker 4: Some context, not names, but a friend of ours I think you were. You were hanging out with a friend of ours and some other some girl that were vaguely together sort of.
Speaker 1: Or no, no, no, no, it was just him and a girl hanging out.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, all right, and then and then a friend of ours showed up, right, and they wanted to restart something.
Speaker 2: No, no, it was so this is how it happened. This makes it even, it's it's it's entirely fucked up. This would makes it's it's all.
Speaker 3: Just you tell I barely remember it. I just remember what we the joke.
Speaker 2: So what happened was Jalen was hanging out with one of our friends. Right, they were drinking, is being fucking twenty somethings drinking, hanging not right. All of a sudden, our friend is like, hey, Jayleen, you have to go home, right, Jayalen's clearly drunk.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, wait wait, I didn't prepare to like leave me.
Speaker 2: They were like, we gotta go home, Like hey, you gotta get out of here. X y Z like something's happening. And he was like, okay, I guess.
Speaker 1: So Jalen just waited in the car and all he sees is our other friend pulling up there. Who is that girl's ex boyfriend? Yeah, so she told Jayleen to leave for a booty call. Ye, well he was expecting him to just get home. Fine, I guess I'm gonna chill him in my car.
Speaker 2: And then Jalen comes home like an hour or two later. He's like, yeah, just kicked me out. It's so fucked up, and CS like, you know what be funny? Okay, hold on, wait, you know what'd be a good funny joke?
Speaker 1: This is not how I remember. That is exactly how it happened.
Speaker 4: So I was literally just joking. Okay, that was our sense of humor at the time. Obviously it was still kind of is.
Speaker 1: It was more grim or it was more grim before. So oh then we got another friend that was really down for it. Was ournother friend who really was like do this, do this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I pitched as a joke.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's really fucked up.
Speaker 3: That's not an okay thing to do to somebody. I feel pretty strongly about that. Actually, it really bothered me that that happened, and so I was like, you know you should do is that you should not respond to any messages or phone calls.
Speaker 1: We'll all and if.
Speaker 3: They message us, we'll just say we haven't heard from you or haven't seen you in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and wouldn't that be wild? But that's all I meant. I was just like, wouldn't that be wild? And L O L wouldn't that be funny? And then our other friend was like, yes, oody, like Mormon friendbody, this is what we're doing. Nobody's out, dude, And then I remember just being yeah, whatever, because in my mind at the same time, I.
Speaker 4: Was like, legs, well, I didn't he I didn't think it would last as long as it did, be uh.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I also just didn't care really at the time because I just I really thought like it was just so fucked up to kick somebody out like that when they're drunk and expecting to drive home.
Speaker 3: I think it's like a really fucked up thing.
Speaker 4: So I think part of me was just like whatever do but like but then it got like crazy because then like that it like so many people thought you were dead.
Speaker 1: Your sister called me it was spreading way too far, like that's like Ni called me Giohanny texted me because of what you called it, because of of.
Speaker 2: Jilani's what you called Gianni was like, hey, have you seen John them? And I was like, man, I was like, do I lie? Like, do I lie?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: That's crazy when it becomes family like that's like no.
Speaker 2: That's when things got back because I remember I contacted. I was like, Jellen, your mom just messaged me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because our other friends, because I think my phone was just straight up off. I think I think that was so nobody could get in contact. And I was like, do I lie?
Speaker 2: And I was like, hey, it's not a big deal, don't worry about it, and said it was like, how is this not looking looking? Taking a moment outside of myself and flipping it to the other side.
Speaker 1: Of the That isn't crazy thing to say. It's not a big deal from him, like, it's like whatever, dude, I'm playing fucking overwatchs be alone. And it got so bad. So the thing gets a resolved.
Speaker 4: It left the it left the target demographic. It got way bigger than even the joke and thought it would.
Speaker 2: It's it's like when it's like when a snowball goes down a mountain and it ends up being an avalanche. You're like, yeah, it's like not how it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: But it was also a pretty dense joke because yeah, they when they found out I was alive. I'm pretty sure they started crying. Oh yeah, no of course. And then we had, uh like a game, like a championship game to go play, like right, oh, that's right, you're on. Yeah, you were in college afftball team, and college you didn't attend. Didn't attend you? See why I tell you about life sounds fake? Right, you were? You were the secondary coach or something like that. Yeah, I was coaching. That was as never played softball in his life, and I figured it out pretty quickly. It's a pretty easy thing to figure out pretty quick. Just toss the ball, you know, toss ball, run away, hit ball. That really was crazy, but that's so fun. I didn't even think about remember the A few days later, we played Sellers a Katan.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah we played that day. We played Sellers at our house.
Speaker 1: That's not the day I'm thinking about. That was when you fucking I'm I'm not an asshole for this. So he started making our friend cry right, No, no, she was making fun of being talking to me about like I was being an asshole, Katan, and I was like she has you threw our friend to death? How am I? Everybody was like, oh, that's too far, and I was like, she did. We're from New York, so our thick skin like does not compare to like the thinness different. It was a different I was not.
Speaker 2: I till this day, I think I might have been a little too stunch. I could have backed down a little bit more. I was definitely more. I was definitely more New York, Jamaican King City and than I am now.
Speaker 3: So I was you reignited something that was done.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? It was toad.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that long. It wasn't that.
Speaker 1: It wasn't it was no. It was very quick. I feel like it was like a week. It was not a week. It was like it came over pretty late. But she was like I was. But then one of my other friends jumped in, uh the no no. But then the guy that alongside her did the evil thing kept making fun of her too, and I was like, yeah, I got it. They got quay crazy.
Speaker 4: It's pretty crazy, because you know what I remember most about that is that having that stupid high table that we got from Ikea and one that was like unreasonably tall, yeah, but it felt like you could. That thing was hefty, man like somebodkey furniture. I'm like, this is flimsy as fucking and that thing felt like you could beat a dragon without it.
Speaker 1: And we had the hold on the top. You put the ropes around the back windows and then I was holding on to it on the top as we rove back.
Speaker 2: Seriously, dude, that was Ikea. First of all sucks. Fuck Ikea. Yeah, I hate it, like not for the food. Like if you if you're trying to furnish a home on a bridget budget, bridget on a budget, look do what you gotta do. Like I'm not here to tell people that not furnished their homes, but the way Ikea is designed fucking so.
Speaker 1: You should tell them to not furnish their homes.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I'm not on people want to hear person like I could. I could live in a house with a a bed, maybe a desk, and then like I don't know, stand thirty cats, Dirty.
Speaker 1: Cats, thirty two minutes, dirty cats, filthy cats, street cats. Actually every cat looks actually gray, but most of them are actually white. I love it, like the mind children like children, filthy kid and cats can cough, so they can like cough up some of that mind dust exactly.
Speaker 2: If they cough enough mind us, I can use it to sell as a mine. I start my own mind by cat. We can make this into a business. This this has more legs than it should. Like the cats, all those cats.
Speaker 1: They survived all that mining.
Speaker 3: They really felt like there were hundreds of cats. I started that apartment fucking all the time. Yeah, I really don't understand that.
Speaker 1: Torture that whole place. And that's only the first apartment. That's only fase. That's what's crazy is that that's just the first year that we lived together, because you all looked together to win two thousand. You moved out twenty twenty, twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Was it twenty twenty that you left?
Speaker 1: I thought it was earlier than that. He left. He left right before COVID twenty nineteen. I think it was twenty nineteen. Then he left. He moved out the February before COVID, like right before we got shut down at least. Oh is that true? Because I know I spent COVID by myself in that apartment, and that sucked because it was like, okay, it's locked down and also my first time living on the on myad.
Speaker 3: That must have been weird. So that was so.
Speaker 1: Weird because he moved out to February, because I remember I took the room afterwards, and then we were there till August and then we moved.
Speaker 4: Because you yeah, because you pretty much lived with people the entire time. Yeah, yeah, and that was like your first time and then it was and then it was hot down.
Speaker 1: So it's like, yo, you're really by yourself. I never lived alone, man, I've never ever ever lived alone. It's fucking crazy. Oh shoot, I've never lived alone. I mean this is my first time. Yeah. Essentially, because you went back home, you learn things about yourself. The Crucible couldn't teach you. So tense man.
Speaker 2: I just I think if I lived alone, I would never I think if I lived alone before, like I would never move them with Lily, What do you mean? Because I hate sharing a space with a girl.
Speaker 1: I hate it so much. Wait wait now or before maybe before? But like, can we just live separate places and love each other forever? And asking that is insane to your partner. It's like, hey, give we just like never live together, but I love I'll marry you and everything. I mean, I'd like the idea of two apartments like that. I want two bedrooms. I want two separate bedrooms. I think that is something I actually want. The thing is I just have an office with a place to sleep in the office. It's how I think, but that I would end up I end up sleeping there so much more often. It's like, might as well have two bedrooms?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess maybe I don't know, because have you guys have seen my beds decorated like a girl's bedroom with my computer and stuff in it.
Speaker 1: Okay, not that even that decorated like a girl's bedroom.
Speaker 3: It's decorated like an adult's bedroom.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's a girl's bedroom. My bedroom is a female. But I don't think i've really seen your bedroom. It's a bunch of like girl old jewelry and like flowers and girls styling mirrors, and like, fucking what do you have on the walls? Nothing? In my bedroom, we have like one Star Wars poster. Now, because she loves Star Wars.
Speaker 3: You have a Star Wars poster in your bedroom? In that bedroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so interesting. I was told she loves Star Wars. I really really love that's like her fan we went to We went to the freaking Star Wars celebration. I thought she was just a Disney person. I think she likes Star Wars.
Speaker 2: No, she loves Star Wars. But she loves Star Wars because her dad is a nerd. Like her dad's like a classic like reads comic book nerds. So that's why she loves like nerds it in general. But she got into stars because of her dad.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I could like empty walls bother me, like it makes me feel like I'm in jail or something.
Speaker 1: I was told I was seemed like a serial killer. That nothing. Yeah, I don't. I don't care about having I forget things on my walls. But I didn't. I didn't care for anything.
Speaker 3: I was like it just there's something just depressive about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what, because I don't like fine art like that. I just don't. I think it's.
Speaker 3: Dude, I don't even care. It could just be fucking foam, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't like things on my own.
Speaker 4: Soundproofing foam in here like I could care. I could give a fuck.
Speaker 2: I just now because like I living with a girl. You learn how to become like I wasn't the tidiest. I wasn't that tidy. I was like, it wasn't a really tiny person. But living with girls, you become extremely tidy.
Speaker 1: Because how is how he undersells.
Speaker 2: I wasn't tidy. I wasn't a tidy person at all. But I didn't have a space to be my own.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 4: You did live in our living room for the damn near the entire time that we lived together.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, you already woke up in a puddle when my fucking oh my god, yes that it's a level of anger.
Speaker 2: I sealed away away. I was like, I was like, I'm never gonna get this fucking mad again.
Speaker 1: Dude. I had to work, right, you remember, and then come back. This is the this is the second apartment that we lived in, which might be crazier than he'll do. I'm thinking I think the.
Speaker 4: Second one was, like I think, because we had our our space in the first apartment that we had, even if they were ours, like you had your bedroom, I had my bedroom, kids at the living room, we were both we were all kind of just always in our spaces, but our spaces were pretty close, like the doors faced each other. We we had that little alcove that we it was meet up at. It was there was no privacy in there. No, it was just we are two together in your apartment and in the next apartment. We like, our spaces were bigger and they were more separated, like we had a hallway and each of them was almost like an office.
Speaker 3: And an extra guy. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: We had even you even your like because when you lived in our living room, but our living room in that place with.
Speaker 1: An amazing apartment like layout.
Speaker 4: Wise, I would have I would have stayed in the apartment were it not for like a couple of like there were a couple of things like roaches, roaches, it just kind of kills everything, right, the kids bashing in our window, But that.
Speaker 1: Wasn't That's when I was in Mexico. Are you serious? You in Mexico for that, dude. I was so fucking pitch.
Speaker 2: That's when I left the potatoes by mistake, and the potatoes had the flies come to the house, remember, and you guys found like DIDs the potato.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: I would say, It's like, why are there so many fucking flies in this apartment?
Speaker 1: Makes no sense? We're not this dirty.
Speaker 4: And then like in the back of this cupboard, is this potato that looked like something out of a fucking Cthulhu thing nuts. Yeah I didn't, Yeah, I didn't know they sprouted like that until that moment.
Speaker 1: Gusting. How they fucking I thought, what makes it grossed? Potatoes?
Speaker 2: They do that in like regular places, like most things start growing that when you plant them.
Speaker 1: Potatoes, just do it. Yeah, you're just supposed to eat them, you know, they start doing for they start torturing your world. Man to that place.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this so our other roommate at the time, Joe would just dump his protein powder into the sink, which is basically like putting concrete in the.
Speaker 1: Sink quite literally.
Speaker 2: This is the protein he fucking adjusting at that time because at that time he was like way because seeing Joe Knappez before.
Speaker 1: Joe was huge before compared to what that's a good point. He was a wall before compared to himself.
Speaker 4: Now he was he was bulking up for something and to carry all those boxes of jerky to our apartment.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I love Joe like a brother.
Speaker 2: He is he is someone that like I I will always see him as a close friend of mine.
Speaker 1: He will be at my wedding and hopefully at my funeral. But Joe is such a character that like it's he's so not like anyone else ever met in my life, which also makes him great at the same time. Yeah, but a pool of h I was. I was so mad because we were like, hey, what's going on. Maybe it was because he went down and you were checking it out. It's probably gonna make it worse, but we're like, hey, what's going on. I was like, hey, why is this think making those sounds? Why is the sink under the sink wet? And do you see this? And we were like, hey, I wonder it pops the main blows up and it's just water.
Speaker 2: So at genuinely, at like a not a level maybe twelve am. We had to call the maintenance to come and fix the fucking sink because it was gushing water. We had a pail that was filling up and it was filled in a moment.
Speaker 1: In the moments, I think it was there for you. I think it was over the wintertime. Yeah, I was in New York. Probably had to go when I'm gone. It's some crazy things get the worst when you're gone. As soon as you leave, we try to destroy us. You remember when somebody tried to break into the apartment, So this is everybody's home.
Speaker 2: So this was This was right after Smash Ultimate came out. It was right after we had everybody over and then three hours it was so late, it was so three four hours later, we all sitting there hysterical like usual, talking about something insane. Then all of a sudden, a doorknob starts violently moving. Yeah, and we're just like, oh.
Speaker 1: That's right, you remember, that's right.
Speaker 3: And we were just sitting there and being like everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were looking around like everybody right, one, two, because someone's trying to get in real bad, right, okay, really to get inside there. They were like, what's going on? That was pretty great? You remember what the doorknob broken? We were stuck stuck in the apartment. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have that. I recorded that too.
Speaker 4: There were certain things that I was like, I should I should confirm this because it's so crazy. You remember that one Christmas that we spent when it was just you and me and we hung. I didn't buy any food because we were just like we're stupid.
Speaker 1: Right, we didn't We forgot everything closes, right, so yeah, order food. We couldn't like pick up food. That's when I was in New York.
Speaker 4: Right, everybody was gone and it was just me and him and we were just watching this guy smoke brisket.
Speaker 1: Oh, like, oh my god, I remember doing that watching people He like no cook barbecue.
Speaker 3: It was like, it's like vicariously living throughout viees.
Speaker 1: We don't have a delicious you could taste it, You were like yeah. After that, we just kept watching those. We continued watching people food. It was something we developed over Christmas while starving. So Jesus Christ. It makes you think, like, yo, I think we might have been like down bad for really we didn't need to be. We didn't need it at all.
Speaker 4: But we all had like reasonable incomes. It was from the past and we lived together. We were saving a lot of money. It made no sense that we were living in that.
Speaker 1: We couldn't let it go, like we were too used to be poor.
Speaker 2: So we were like, I feel like I didn't start having a decent income, well relative decent income, until like maybe right before we left. What do you mean, because COVID is when I quit my job at starbucksh.
Speaker 4: So you mean right around the time you did the thing that I kept telling you to do for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that thing, the thing you're telling me. Yeah, you're welcome telling me. Yeah, we started the podcast then.
Speaker 3: I'm still I just can't believe it took you so long.
Speaker 1: It's like, I was like, you should start. I was like, nah, you're fucking gay.
Speaker 4: Every time they're like, no, I've got to go into Starbucks.
Speaker 1: I regret that so much. I regret it so much now looking at it. But like I just insane, Like, did you have like loyalty to Starbucks or something so weird that it was? It was even free coffee. It was, yeah, he doesn't even like that thing that. I don't like that. I don't even like you. I would you do you want this? Oh my god? That was great. It was just the idea of like stuck, the stuck in the hole mentality. I was like, I'm going to school and I work at Starbucks and that is my life right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm just like, dude, that was so fucking dumb. I could have just not lived such a painful existence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, like that. It is what it is.
Speaker 4: You learn, you live and you learn sometimes kids arguing over Fortnite skins, break break your living room with a chair because our apartments shared. Our apartment's windows in that second one shared space with the pool house, so people could like swim and we'd see him, and it was kind of it was kind of weird.
Speaker 1: There was like not a lot of privacy.
Speaker 2: It was worse for Jalen where your room the web became my room because it's right like it's like, oh yeah, that doors.
Speaker 1: It is right there. But he at least has a gate, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like people people could go right up to my window, you know, and just like I think some people knew who I was to which is like kind of annoying. Yeah, because I think they saw like the you know you you could you couldn't help, but see sometimes like oh there's like production equipment in there.
Speaker 1: If you wanted to let in any sun, you were completely visible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was, there was no hiding you guys.
Speaker 1: Remember like Joe bringing a child into that apartment, This is not a place for that set me off crazy.
Speaker 3: I didn't know I could get that angry.
Speaker 2: I I'm not a temperamental person. I'm not temperamental. I am really not, I really try to stay calm. I don't lose my cool because.
Speaker 1: Except for what, people flood your living area.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's not insidious, you know, like this that's is Joe being dumb, right, and like it's whatever, dude, I have another story is insane. But I was like, all right, cool, you're just hanging out. And I was like, who's this white child?
Speaker 1: Who is just what? I walked into the house after work. I stunk of coffee and anger, yeah, and I was like, who's this small white child that's unattended? I was unattended because they weren't. They were they like backing or something like the kid unattended? Nothing but sharp corners, dude. You know, yeah, our apartment was not child proven all because we don't have many probably just left.
Speaker 4: We absolutely did because I hid them fucking everywhere because I was always like, if I get dots or something and people show up.
Speaker 1: You were so panicked about being killed at that period of time are you doing? Who are you making enemies with all sorts of people for no reason? You remember these days, Joe had tons of weapons in his room. You unless nun chucks them all the times had real numb chucks you ever felt though people those were the way of real nun Chucks is crazy.
Speaker 3: I think I tacked you with the months for a video.
Speaker 1: I think I don't remember anything. Probably got you. Probably did a good job. I forgot. Apparently you could like crack a pig skull with a para. I guess the pigs have big skulls. Here's the video, man, it was the video just on Google page in the pigs. Do you remember? Do you remember my final one want to bring up? Do you remember when we were all just in the living room and then Joe mistakenly put this.
Speaker 2: Is not all rags on Joe. We've all done extremely stupid fucking things in that apartment. Right, it's not an all rag on Joe. But Joe's not here to defend himself, so we're doing it, he keeps.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna pick on him. We're gonna have him on eventually too. Probably we're gonna pick on Joe. This moment, there was a moment that Joe had a we had like a glass like like broiling pan, Oh my god, that we just have that we would heat things up with. There was one time, Joe was Joe was heating up something in the front stove and I think Jalen was gonna bake chicken or something like that. So Joe left the stove on and Jalen said, I'm gonna put this here. I'm gona let the stove heat up, and all of a sudden it shattered, and me and Jalen to the floor because we were like, what the fuck is going on? Windows again, like what's going on? Because our windows were facing the inside courtyard and sprang us down them there and then Chris was just standing there like in the fucking hallway area, just waiting for whatever that happened. Happened, and I was just like, exploded, we can try someone tried to kill us. I guess I'm gonna stand still. Yeah, But Joe was like, oh what happened? Oh, the stove was on. I was like, Joe, right, because the fire was running, but there was a glass tray there was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a fire. It was one of the electric ones. It was an electric one, because I think it was fire, you would have seen it. At least our silver at that time was electric. So it just fucking that was about that apartment too.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it. I don't know if I have leg I think.
Speaker 4: The electric stuff that we had there wasn't very good. And then the diswasher that was like just kept pouring roaches. Oh yeah, that wasssher is the same apartment. Yeah, that second apartment where this all happened was the one where Joe came back with that gray chicken.
Speaker 1: Do you remember what he looked like? We convince him not to eat completely rotten chicken. It looked like it was great. It looked like bad sneak. We thought he already cooked it, That's how bad it looked. No, I'm about to, and we said, please, you'll die. I think he said to go to He said something like, yeah, I got it for free or something. We always getting free.
Speaker 2: He did like he did like like catering or something. That's was you guys who did it too, right car, You guys did it for a while.
Speaker 4: So you guys had so many weird jobs, especially are you're a postman, and then you did like a delivery.
Speaker 1: Service, yeah ped ye from that yummy place right ummy? Yeah, delivering groceries too. You remere back in New York attending I was doing the catering back in New York. You sold knives. I sold knives. I worked in a warehouse. I worked at all the fast food places he worked at. You worked at ever? You worked at Spencer's l and Marco. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Literally had jobs in the teens before we were out of our teens.
Speaker 1: I had one job.
Speaker 2: We were still ten years old. Because I met you guys that I was seventeen.
Speaker 1: I think I was.
Speaker 2: No, I was eighteen. I just started eighteen. I was just starting to go to college. And I met you guys, and I was like, how many jobs have you had? And you were like, I worked at McDonald's. I worked at like fucking bread.
Speaker 3: And it was like Panera, ba, that's right.
Speaker 1: I was like, how many places of you work? I was like maybe eleven? And I was like, have you guys work? I worked at a health center. I walked through a swamp with Elliott to go and apply and interview for a job at McDonald's and got it. You walked through a swamp, a swamp why, I was covered in mud for the interview.
Speaker 4: My god, this that reminds me my friend Rob, when we like before like fucking regents exams. We got to school early and then we walked like you do you remember you.
Speaker 1: Do that with Elliott, because Elliott did exactly what you're describing with wet socks. He walked through her muddy swamps. It might have been Elliot.
Speaker 4: I don't remember exactly who it was, but like we walked behind so across the street from our school was just like a little plaza. It had like a place called the Deli Button that was really nice.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 3: It was nice compared I love that place.
Speaker 4: And then behind there there was like a road that took you to like kind of like a creek or something, and you know, you just go over there and like walk around.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: Before we got to school early, we were waiting like thirty minutes an hour before the exam's final exams started, and so we just wandered and he walked.
Speaker 3: Into the creek and fell in and then did the rest of the walked into the exam soaked and dirty.
Speaker 1: It was so bad because he was he sat so close to me because we did the examine the gym because it was everybody from like everywhere, so it was like a big room. I did mydi exams there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think you're probably right, Yeah, exams there because I was I didn't I didn't go to school in the district, was outside because I lived outside district initially.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So I did the Redis.
Speaker 2: Exam and I did my last ones when I was going to graduating high school. Did him there, but I did my first ones and and.
Speaker 1: What was Wappinger's called, I don't remember it was what it was ketchum. Yeah, I went to one of their problems. Yeah, I was just there doing it, and I was that. I hate Fishkill School. I hate that place so much. Not great, but I want to go back. Dude.
Speaker 4: I thought I was safe because like it was alphabetically done right, you would sit alphabetically and his his his last name was A and mine was and I thought we'd be far far enough away from each other.
Speaker 3: But like it it just wrapped around and we were so close and it's.
Speaker 1: Ripping focus about your cold and dirty and you're definitely getting sick. It was aggressively. It was so fucking funny. Man, Oh my gosh. But that's way back, that's like way that's way before anytime we're talking about insane. I feel like our I feel like the last like fourteen years of our lives. It has been a really, really insanely written comedy show. Oh yeah, yeah, that gets so much me in a different way every year.
Speaker 4: The fact that so much of it is missing too, Like there's so much that I also don't.
Speaker 1: Jumped out of a car when we were moving in, like you have to get your order. When we were moving into the Bourbank. When we were moving into shirt.
Speaker 4: It was one hundred and sixteen degrees or something on the day that we were moving I remember, I remember it was October one, twenty seventeen. I remember this like fucking nobody's business. It was one hundred and sixteen degrees. The mountains to where we were moving were on fire. You could see the fire was raining ash and we were moving all of our stuff into this new building, and so we just like we were just trying to survive. I took my shirt off. I think most of us were shirtless. It was just like how we were gonna die otherwise. And I remember because the apartment that we moved into had no internet, Like the fuck we didn't have the internet set up and the signal was bad, and so I was like trying so hard to order food.
Speaker 3: I hadn't eaten all day. I was hungry.
Speaker 4: We were moving all the shit into like in crazy Mars level heat, and it just wasn't going through. So I gave up and we were moving. And then like as we were driving back to the old place to grab the last remaining things, right, we stopped off at a light. I get a notification from Postmates or uber eats or whatever. Your food has arrived. And it arrived to the place that we just left. And I turned to Jane and I was like, I gotta go. And we were like at an intersection, and so I left.
Speaker 1: I just I left the truck at the intersection and ran back to the building. And you just drove it the rest of the way. I like, outside perspective, did a man burst from a UUL truck with no shirt running running away from you? You know what?
Speaker 4: You know what's really sad about it was like by the time I got to the food, there were flies on it and I ate it anyway, I.
Speaker 1: So dire, dude. Remember we moved from that place to the next place, and we spent all day carrying stuff and then one of our friends she brought like her table and it just operated away and it disappeared. I don't remember that on our table, and they were like loading it in a car and she was like, can I load it here? And I was like, Gobby, I don't think that table has much time left. I don't remember little flimsy and it broke and we were like, but we this is gonna break. Like this is like the fact that we did that move in such a short time too. We definitely heard ourselves. We heard ourselves.
Speaker 4: We were like coughing, like because we moved like four people's apartments were the things in like less than twenty four hours. This was after you left already. This was our after we did the COVID move.
Speaker 1: It was all it was.
Speaker 4: And that was when we found out that we were all fucking exposed, right, Yeah, it was our.
Speaker 1: Friend because our friend got our friend's boss got COVID. Then they got COVID. They were like, hey, my boss has COVID. And then Lily was freaked out and left because she was just like, I don't want to kill my family buttent and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, we found that out at the end of the day or like in the middle.
Speaker 1: Of the day where we were moving. That's horrible. Yeah, it's pretty They got the move was only a couple of blocks. Dude. We moved a lot of ship that daycause we were like, we just want to we just want to get out, right, So we just moved everybody's apartment into one apartment. Everything. Oh god, and we were.
Speaker 2: I definitely hurt myself because we were moving like you just didn't stop. There was no like pause. We just kept like all right, cool, that thing's done. Let's go get this that sort of stuff. And it was rough, and I remember I all of it done. We were all so exhausted and then I was like, oh, I forgot my bed stuff. So I walked back up the street at like two am, took a shower in that apartment. I wrapped myself in like four blankets because I didn't bring pants with me to change into.
Speaker 1: You are full homeless, so amazing. I literally had to put the same underwear back on and then wrapped blankets around my legs.
Speaker 3: That's such a defeating moment.
Speaker 1: Walk back down, I looked like a I looked like a fucking scp walking down And I walked apartment and you were like, what are you doing? And I was like, I had the shower. I felt gross and I just walked in my room and close. Right, that's that's the only response to get just say anything. That was such a crazy night because everybody thought the world was ending. Yeah, insane. Yeah. The fact that COVID was five years ago, it doesn't feel like how long it's insane. Yeah, it's gonna be lost so much time that it was a time skip.
Speaker 3: It was two years of just nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two old years old. I was just nothing, the end of our twenties stolen from usel.
Speaker 1: I just started saying freaking and started traveling though I was traveling during COVID, and I was like, traveling makes sense. And it was great because it was incredibly treaated, great parties. People were cool. Yeah, and I didn't get sick. I didn't get sick until I got back to my office and then, like, you know what I'm convinced of.
Speaker 4: I'm convinced that before you even left, we all got COVID.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I'm convinced that December, all of us, because maybe I don't know, we've Gabby got sick first, and then she was staying with us for some reason. I remember why, No, no, she wasn't.
Speaker 4: She stayed with us during COVID because proper she's lived with us for that because she was there when everything happened. She was there when the curfew appen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I remember the curfew. I was the thing I forgot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got that fucking message and we're like, hey, stay, stay where you are, and I was like, Yo, this ship's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 2: We were like, hey, you're not gonna go back to your apartment. You're just gonna stay with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then she was there for months because we were the.
Speaker 1: Fucking the world paused. Yeah, so I remember that happened. But I remember.
Speaker 2: We all got sick. We all got really weirdly sick. It was me, Chris and Gaddy got really weirdly sick. And then we were like all right, I guess. And then we started using these fucking halls, the fucking citrus halls. Yeah, see wildfire.
Speaker 1: And I'm pretty sure we didn't get COVID because our blood was so vitamin sly. If we caught ourself, light would come out. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And my mom sent me like hundreds of them. That's like a care package because she was scared. I was like, just worried about it exactly.
Speaker 1: Because your son was across the country during a plague. Understandable. I remember my little I remember my honest economy like, hey, how's it going over there? I was like, oh, no, world might end. Was it bubonic levels or no? Not quite COVID. Yeah, I think it was level. It was bubonic, just just Europe. I think I just year it was so the I think casually wise, it was way worse than bubonic. Playing think so we love the the genuation of people from COVID.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not the plague was crazy.
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can compare it really.
Speaker 1: I think it was about yellow fever? Was that worse than the plague? I did that happen? Is that yellow fever? Real? Yellow fever was a thing. I think it was. I think yeah it was. I think I think it was. It was all over it was all over yellow. It seems like this, what what do you think? I thought yellow fever was like a racist term for like liking Asians.
Speaker 2: No, no, that is no, that is true. The more famous one is jungle fever. Though yellow fever is real.
Speaker 1: So crazy real. There were signs that were actually harder to tell, yell fever and black people because our skin, our skin because one of the signs was like you would be tinted yellow. Oh that's crazy yellow tin.
Speaker 2: But a lot of may have yellow color to their eyes because of the natures we worked.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: No more?
Speaker 4: Man, like do they will send me these facts about the Sun every now and again, and then I'll just I'll be like, sure, why not?
Speaker 2: You know, how do you want to know about the Sun? I feel like that should. I feel like cosmic stuff is just like I don't care.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, yes, yeah, don't don't care about the cosmic stuff because if it happens, it's like a you know, it's relevant. Yeah, it's just like it happens whatever, you know. But it was so interesting because things were getting crazy for a while and we're still in solar maximum twenty twenty five. The fact that he knows that solar maximum part of the Sun's eleven year solar cycle. So we were getting all the crazy auroras, all the uh crazy, the ll no mass ejections.
Speaker 3: And you kept freaking me out.
Speaker 1: Man, You're saying me scary about going to kill your mom. Dude. I was like corectly your mom's name in it, like like, oh yeah, it is gonna up there. If they were facing Earth in the right way. It was like, hey, we can get that nice shut down we've been waiting for it really slow slow down, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be really scary for like a month of just like in the dark ages, because I don't think we'd survive.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to see if we could get that Cowboy Bebop satellites raining from the sky type of vibe. You know. I feel like I feel like that starlink were coming down like crazy. I feel like that'd be really cool to see, not experience. You know. Well, as long as nobody's to blame for that, nobody's to blame. But that's why it was kind of it was like, you know, just part of life now.
Speaker 4: It was like nice if something went wrong, that was just not the fault of anyone, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't think it matters. It's something that we're all we all have to deal with together. Yeah, but unifying, I don't think devastation. Do you remember how like after World War One, we could have like tied the Treaty of Ra signed. We just didn't know, but that's different we chose to. Like still, just remember how during COVID where it just a thing happened. Instead of everybody being like, let's be respectful to this thing, they were like, this is fake.
Speaker 3: No, no, I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 4: But I think what he's saying is like if it's not even necessarily about whether or not people would treat it as such, it's more about like we would all know intrinsically that, like this is not malice like so much else is.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not like fucking you know, I don't know Israel.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, the sun did a thing that you can't control.
Speaker 4: Like the Sun's not biased, right, It's like we all have to deal with like an earthquakes when happens whenever, whenever that I feel there's actually a volcano out in the ocean that's like the one US underwater and it's it's getting very active.
Speaker 1: If it blows, it could really do a bit of a tsunami. Yeah, well more than a tsunami. You know, the whole west westward would be fucking underwater. Well we would be when we would be fucked over. But like Portland area, like the proper coast is gone, it's just shrinks in. We would just be fucked over because you know, we have a lot of intense flooding and Callie's not built for flooding. It would be much I'm sure I wouldn't be here though. Yeah, like if if that thing blows up, like uh probably, I don't know. My luck would probably have me in like the East Coast.
Speaker 2: I think when that happens, the moment activity happens, you just have to leave because what happens, I've realized is that people traffic no no, no, people don't leave immediately. You know, people don't leave immediately. That's the problem.
Speaker 3: A lot of real dude just be' like we'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happens is when that happens, it's unfortunately your property is gone, you know because it sucks for me, particularly because Lily's family owns that property. Like actually yea, like everybody has apartment. I remember, even an apartment is fine.
Speaker 4: I remember when these fires are going on, the most recent fires because when we were like I looked at my like, was it what's that app.
Speaker 3: That everybody was downloading? Watch something?
Speaker 1: Yeah? To steal your data. Yeah whatever. Yeah, another fucking mapping app, the Pokemon goat there Chinese app crowd mapping for America. It's like, that is so not okay. Honestly, clearly it was. Clearly it was the whole time.
Speaker 4: But I head take it, like, honestly, what the fuck do I you know, it's it's I was never on the under the illusion that there was any kind of privacy ever, you know what I mean. I think I think a lot of people are like, oh, there are privacy's gone, Like, brother, your privacy has been gone for fucking everything.
Speaker 1: The fact that you even have a phone with your right and that was that was never even my gripe. My gripe is we're getting our data taken and it's getting sold for money. It's worth something, and we're not getting paid for that's and that's my whole thing. It's just like, at least my data for free.
Speaker 3: He's give me royal and.
Speaker 1: You're selling it so it's worth something, but I'm not getting any royalties. I don't get a piece of my own pie.
Speaker 2: That's literally money you're working for them to have that. You have no sub right. So it's like if you're going to take my data. At least pay me exactly.
Speaker 1: A lot of people just do it for free though, so yeah, why would you do that? What would the pay you when you don't have to? Wells, because we all don't say anything. At the same time, we're never gonna saying they've they've made a very good job at us being like, hey, this is a problem. You know what's a bigger problem. It's a bigger problem in television shows. And it's like crazy, we're doomed.
Speaker 4: That ship always really did bother me, man, Just like the focusing on such stupid ship when there's so much it's always been I know, but like especially I just I just I had more faith. I guess that like as time would go on, we would be smarter, and that it's not been paid, you know. If anything, I think things are like really stupid now. I actually think like people don't know how to read anymore. Like it's getting scary. Well, that's the thing we're we're in a society. If people don't realize that we're just cleverly barbaric.
Speaker 1: Were we Marbarism has never left. It's never the man at all. Still just as barbarics just a little.
Speaker 3: We just we're just not did we do it with like a GoPro on a drone?
Speaker 1: Now we're not socially barbaric anymore.
Speaker 2: We had a long period of time of being socially barbaric, like in the societal fashion, and now we're just barbaric in the.
Speaker 1: Way we live by ignoring ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's passive barbarous.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like and granted, like you know, you can only affect the world in such a such a finite way. But like we have smartphones. The nature of how smartphones are created is inherently extraordinarily, extraordinarily barbaric.
Speaker 1: It's unfair. The fact the fact that there are Second World countries. He didn't know you know about the children, the mines. You know, it's clarify. I did child I don't you know about Charlie, but not child minery. Of course, it's like it makes sense I would do it. Wait, we're in the minds.
Speaker 2: Would you sold your small childhood of mind? If they were if they were more adept for being because they're young.
Speaker 1: They had a good work effect.
Speaker 2: Their lungs are gonna heal back faster than my lungs would heel back. They're smaller that they'll be capable of adapting. Is much better than me as a thirty one year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like why you send kids to war exactly, Like they're not gonna sho a little. They're not gonna send me a thirty one year old with a minus ten prescription onto the battlefield exactly.
Speaker 3: They're gonna send to eleven year old Tony.
Speaker 1: Well, no, they weren't even yet.
Speaker 3: He's Anthony right now, but like he can't change his name.
Speaker 1: He'll be Tony Tony twenty one. Yeah, there goes infantry Tony. He says, a bunch of guns on him. It's gonna be a dire situation. It's really it's really gross. Everything's gross, everything's insane. I feel like I didn't really think about a lot of this stuff. Found a way to force me into being an infantry person. I would at least ask to be a demolition expert. Oh, like you'd be like a heavy Yeah, yeah, that'd be my class. I'd be recind am the RPG. I'd class shots, I would I would be I would be absolutely medic because I feel like most of the time I don't have to. When it gets there, it's like Look, what do you mean you're gonna be working with the people belonging to bits? I know, but like how he would expect me to fix that? I'm a devil if I'm not going to get it right every time. Bring you know, if you if you bring me a human being as like a lego set, what do you expect me to do? Expect me to do? Use your use your medic class and bring him back. I'll use my band aids to reconnect this guy. I wouldn't call you a medic, I'd call you necromancer. I'd be like, shame him, necromancer. Use use your magic to bring him back? A military negro. Answer is correct? That is it's genius. Yeah, it's what it is.
Speaker 4: At a certain point, it's like he's going to know he's got no limbs left.
Speaker 1: Well bring him back somehow, please. I feel like that that's plausible for future information. Education is so siloed, right, We're only supposed to have expertise and one dude in one area. Yeah, so if my expertise is in demolitions, why would I know anything about medics? You know? Just be like okay, I feel like that's so we're going to be the necromancer put them back together with all our future tech. I feel like that's so insane, but it's it's it's clearly true because like kids don't watch people, people don't people don't watch I imagine it becoming more and more true kids education at least here gets more and more stifled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna be crazy, It really is.
Speaker 4: It is sad to think that, like the education that I got is comparatively like a.
Speaker 1: Lot the education that we got, and we got public school, which is better school.
Speaker 3: We dude, we we I'm pretty sure we just giggled our way through most of the classes that we had together.
Speaker 1: It was ridiculous. Had that final exam and then like we were laughing, and so the teacher just took our exams from us. They're like zeros, both of you. Because we started laughing. We're on the opposite size of the room. They thought we were communicating or something. No, we're just fools. Like he didn't get it. He was just like, well, we just like joke a joke to you.
Speaker 4: Imagine us trying to explain the joke to a teacher, though it would have been possive.
Speaker 1: We're just like I think we're lying. We're like, there's no joke, you.
Speaker 4: Know, mister mister Woods, listen, Uh, I'm looking over at him, and because he looked over at me and we know that we're not allowed to laugh.
Speaker 1: That is really fun, It's really exactly. But everyone understands that didn't matter. I didn't didn't matter. This teacher way too little to have his job of pretty much being a daycare center for all these stupid ass teenagers. Yeah, hey, I didn't choose his life, all right, so he too.
Speaker 4: Is that the tech that we had at that time, or this tech that we were starting to have at that time, like they could not keep up like that. There were definitely teachers who were there that were like so old they couldn't get.
Speaker 1: Like with that old ass tech. Well, dude, which relative you know? You and I?
Speaker 3: Well, we was seven to eleven was our high school.
Speaker 4: So like we went from having no cell phones at all to having like the fucking smartphones, right, yeah, and so like we could just google the answer. I remember googling the answer straight up to like a couple of our tests that we got.
Speaker 2: I didn't have a smartphone until I finished high school. Like I didn't have like a proper I had like a fucking.
Speaker 3: I had a droid.
Speaker 1: I wasn't even clever enough to cheat. Really, I was just like, I'm just gonna whatever comes of this test comes of it. I wasn't a cheater of school enough, but I just.
Speaker 4: I cheated at the subjects that I knew if I failed would effect me over and the ones that I knew that I was just simply not good at. Like I was there's no chance I'm going to get better at this, and like the short amount of time that I have that it wouldn't affect me, so like I got it.
Speaker 1: It's so obviously the truth, especially like academics in like high school, you can learn them during it. It's not I'm not a math Chris, Chris, I'm telling you right now if I learned, dude. My last year of college, I had so my math credit to wore out, so I had to do a composite math class from algebra to COLP two the worst classmates in my life.
Speaker 3: Sounds really horrible.
Speaker 1: It was terrible, But I can do math right now because of how bad I was experiencing it. You don't understand, Lily was like Kingston, why are you doing it? Was college was my last year. He was Kingston, why are you doing this? High school was crazy? And I was just like, I think high school was. I think the way high school's bild is so fucking wrong. Joe almost blew up our high school. I know we're not with the wood stuff, with the wood stuff at the thing. He told me that story. It's insane. What are you saying? So they decided that we were all responsible enough to handle a welding class, including like oxygen and selling tanks and all this good stuff. However, school were teacher who was a really nice guy, mister Jensen, great teacher. Uh he was struck with cancer and.
Speaker 3: So struck is a crazy word.
Speaker 1: That is the best way to say, because no one did it on hot. So his cancer came back, he had to go out and we got a sub for the entire class.
Speaker 3: For that a substitute for a well teacher class. And it's crazy, absolutely, especially when you know.
Speaker 4: Now what's crazy is that, like you, we're all adults, we know or we have been friends or in communication with people who are a substitute teacher.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you know. And our substitute teacher was missing a few fingers. Of course, things didn't go well for him. He wasn't a great one. But so Joe, I spend that class anytime I had class with my friends. It was a blast. It was hilarious.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was a vacation effectively. And Joe would very nice guy, but when he didn't like something, he was like completely up against it. So he butted heads with this teacher and teacher would kick him out all the time. Or I would get Joe into a lot of trouble. And I'd get Joe into a lot of trouble a lot, especially like the teacher would be like yelling, guy like haven't say after class. Yeah, Then I'd stay out in the hallway and I'd be screeping in the hallway and Joe would start laughing while somebody's yelling at it. Get into way more trouble, dude. Joe never learned anything in the class, Like I use the materials properly. So one day we're outside, we're welding, right, and I'm welding paying attention to my thing, so I'm right, and then I hear this thing happened that they warned us about. They're like, hey, you've got to turn on the tanks in a certain in a certain sequence, otherwise the flame will shoot back up into the tank and explode. And like this was something that everybody in the class knew except for Joe. Was like the procedure for how you doing all those things. And then so one day we're all welding and the Joe starts turning the knobs all in the wrong ways and starts squealing, and there's a little bubble traveling in a too in the tube. You can see the bulge of the bulge coming back, and you hear it. It's a loud, high pitch like squealing noise coming from the tank because it's it's going back the wrong way. And I'm screaming at Joe, turn all the knobs to the right. I'm like, turn it to the right, turn into the right. He's doing the opposite of what I'm telling him, and it's getting louder and worse, and I'm like, yo, we're gonna die. I can't even run away fast enough. We got all these tanks here, they're all gonna go off for sure. And Joe's doing it all right. The garage doors open, and one of our friends, who Aaron, was out of class, apparently he just left class. He's roaming the outside of the school, runs into the garage. He should not have been there at all, runs into the garage, stops and starts following my instructions and starts turning it all the right ways, and stops. This explosion from happened happening Joe out of the Aaron shaved everybody. I'm always killed everyone in that building, everybody. It was such a digger situation. And from one of our random friends to happen to skip class that day to just row run in and save us.
Speaker 3: This is why you always skip class kids.
Speaker 1: He saved Lens and skip class.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are the two pieces of it.
Speaker 1: And skip class. I skipped class for Halo. That was good. Did we uh college?
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, yeah, we went home. We all went to college for Halo four too, which is crazy. It wasn't even like the one that I liked, but like we we we got there in the morning, yeah, and they were like, you want to just go home and play it?
Speaker 1: So we drove to school. We drove the school and then like we like fives or six people said y'all, I don't want to do this, and we left and all got on Halo, so irresponsible. Yeah, it makes no sense in college though, like I've, oh my, I've I have skipped college for a chance to talk to a girl and not even speak to me Like, I'm just I fucking it's college. I don't care, Like it doesn't matter if I'm there or not. I'll just go over to lesson. But it's gonna get posted on whatever canvas thing is gonna be on anyway, I'll just look at it there. Oh my gosh. Going to class in college is stupid. Home as it's not stupid if you're like, if you need help with their classes, you shall probably go. But if you're doing fine, fuck it, dude. No, I didn't use a mess I didn't have trouble. I didn't have a good time with my teachers. And then I figured out the trick was to not listening to teachers, and I just read the textbook and it explained everything so much better. The craziest solution I could come up with, but it helped so much.
Speaker 2: Teachers are useful if you don't understand the thing, but if you do understand it, it's fine.
Speaker 1: In whatever. Like mathematics class I was in in college, I just read the textbook and it just it solved all my.
Speaker 3: Every math teacher I ever had was just terrible compared to the textbook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just gave it.
Speaker 4: I was like, why aren't they just explaining it like this for me? I just knew early at that point. I was like, I'm just not gonna be a math person. I guess because I heard of Marco.
Speaker 1: He read the entire history textbook and then he was just like, yeah, they made everything easy for me. And I was like, yeah, just do that. And I was like, all right, I'll read the entire math nextbook, change everything.
Speaker 2: The only time you us necessary for me is when I genuinely don't know what the fuck's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the issue too is that you feel stupid asking questions, especially when the teachers don't have any patience whatsoever. Yeah, I don't pay nothing I have. I don't have that problem. If I'm very confused, I'd be like, hey, guys, I don't know what's going on. Please help me.
Speaker 2: Oh if I'm very con like, if I kind of grasp it, I'll just go to YouTube and someone YouTube will be able to explain it to me.
Speaker 1: You know. But I but if I'm like lost in the water. Like, let's say, right now, I got dropped into a fucking I don't know a blacksmith in class. I'd be like, hey, I don't know where to start. Please put me on the path to start.
Speaker 2: But if I kind of get like you drop me in like a fucking I don't know, like a fucking a fucking physiology class, I'd be like, I understand basic physiologist.
Speaker 1: Read the book. Yeah, fully, I guess I don't know. Well, I'm getting hungry like something fierce. So we're going to feel like, oh god, it's later.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was, yeah, yeah, So we're gonna we're gonna we're gonna bid farewell.
Speaker 3: But uh, thanks for popping by.
Speaker 4: And if you're listening to this when it's public, patroonic concepts of Stark Tank over there, all that stuff, And we're not going to do the credits. I'm not doing I'm not, I really do. It's gonna take a while.
Speaker 1: The boys continue to talk for an additional fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Thanks for doing this. We planned on doing this a long time ago, but like things got busy for everybody.
Speaker 1: Basically this the last three months have been insane. It was our friend group. It's been like, yeah, we had weddings right after one another, and then my birthday. Right, No, we had a wedding, birthday, wedding, birthday again, then my birthday again. Right. It sucks. I hate I hate springtime y so fucking much. I have another wedding next week, next week? Really yeah, damn, Yeah, it's gonna be really nice. Wait where's it gonna be? That's uh. I don't know, but I know exactly what.
Speaker 4: I dude, I never know the day of I like when I learned when I got invited nicki Nick and Jordan's wedding, I was like, okay, cool, didn't look up the place, didn't look up where it was.
Speaker 3: On the day that I woke up to get dressed. I was like, I should look up where this Yeah, I thought it was way closer.
Speaker 1: I just know there's a there's a yacht party the next day for the wedding. Well cht party, So that's cool, all right? Hell yeah? That wedding was a fucking blast. It was so fun. Zicky and Jordan's wedding. Oh yeah, and then Paul's why I didn't think it was gonna be a big So I think it was gonna be a ceremony, because I spoke to him and it was like, we're gonna just say our vows. He was fine, He's like, you don't got to come early, like, just just show up. I appreciate you being there.
Speaker 3: He showed up in a helicopter.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was. And I was like, domingas you told me, it's not gonna be big every I haven't seen your parents in almost twelve years, were gonna be in his wedding. I thought it was you know how we orchestrate things as our friend, it's never anything like it's never an organized event. It's always something smaller. Sure, And I was just like, oh, I thought it was more like a party, like more of a barbecue. That's what I thought it was. It was, it was.
Speaker 4: It was really We had two weddings back to back to compare them, and one was clearly a ceremonial and one was clearly.
Speaker 2: More of a party. And I was like, all right, so I'm gonna get there a little late. You know, it's not a big deal. I'll show up.
Speaker 1: I show up and he's giving his vows in front of like, I'm like, what the fuck is going on? So then you guys made me talk and the music that was playing on made you talk. Yes, Gabby and were like, you're like talk and I was like, I first, I have to talk. I'm here so fucking late. So I gave a fucking stupid ass sappy thing and I tried not to cry. It's almost I had like five times in a matter of ten seconds. Dude. Yeah, I give two speeches, one with Gabby. Yeah you did. Yeah, I didn't want to. Yeah, I walked out. I thought it was over. Yeah I was talking. I was like, all right, I guess it's time.
Speaker 2: I hate giving speeches in general. I'm just not a fucking I'm not good in front of crowds.
Speaker 3: I'm good in front of crowds if I'm not fucking sick.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah you were.
Speaker 3: Remember that live show we did where I was like.
Speaker 1: You were you were laying a live show while passing away a live show, curling over a little bit. I was like, you trying to become sonic.
Speaker 4: I ate something bad or something, because like I had two lives, I had two shows. I did the show with you and then I did the show with the PlayStation show. And this is one of the first live shows that we did, and I was just sick out of my mind and I wanted to go out and like go into the audience and like do some stuff.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I can't, I won't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw do you do you ever? Uh? I don't know tell that story about the Absence to your audience. That I almost forgot about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because there's still a bunch of stories that I know we're there's a bunch of stuff. We'll probably do it again at some point.
Speaker 1: I know there's definitely something weird's gonna happen like this, just like this other the Absence ship. So do you with Danny? What? And we did it freaking in with uh in New York when we ate the worm. No, I wasn't there for that then. I ain't know ebody in New York. I still didn't drink.
Speaker 3: We both didn't drink at all.
Speaker 1: Basically, you guys were straight out I forgot the Druggies were guys were the fucking fucking pothead drunks.
Speaker 4: I would like to say straightedge necessarily because that like comes along with stuff. I just kind of I just kind of didn't want to do it right. It wasn't like a principle or anything. We were in an environment.
Speaker 1: Where like all the girls we hung out with drag, Yeah, all of the guys did not, and they would get slashed and we'd have to deal with the problem that. Yeah, we would always have to do. I remember that ship was really shitty.
Speaker 4: How do you remember at the at the there was like a birthday party that we went to. This was like during high school, and like all the girls were drinking and we just didn't, and so it was just like god, and then one of them went fucking missing in the woods.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 4: And was one of the times when we were like camping out in the Yeah, it was like one of the campouts. Yeah, And then we went out into the woods looking and then we found her sleeping in the back of a car like in the It just in the in the driveway and when it.
Speaker 1: Was acting for this girl that was drunk and we definitely lost her. And I was like, yeah, and it was hours do nothing the whole That was the whole party, basically trying into a certain but that was how it was due I was.
Speaker 2: I would drink a lot when I was younger for probably whatever reason. And by the time I got here, I was kind of already off of drinking and smoking. Yeah, but I remember we'd like we bottom mosky was Moscato, I think, or something like that, and we ate the worm at the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: And I was hallucinating, like I was so I.
Speaker 3: Ate as worms.
Speaker 1: I was so drunk. I was so drunk that smelled like alcohol. It's like bad, Like it was like so bad alcohol poison.
Speaker 3: I don't even think I've experienced. I was drinking water.
Speaker 1: I was drinking water, and when it touched my tongue it turned into like listerine pretty much like I was so beyond drunk your I was sweating and it would smell like alcohol. And I was like, I have to go home, dude.
Speaker 2: If I don't go home right now and I die, my Grandma's gonna fucking kick my ass, right.
Speaker 4: I think I think I might have told the accid story, but I don't. I don't know if I remember it right, you know what I mean, Because like from my perspective, it was like we we went to a party at a at a at this girl friends of ours apartment even Oakwood actually, which is like apparently a very famous fucking Los Angeles apartment.
Speaker 1: A lot of actors like talking about the out of there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that weird building in New York where like Larry David and like fucking Timothy Shallomey live, Larry David.
Speaker 1: Freaking oh, Charlotte Mane, the guy h Coleman Diego, like all of them lived in that place in freaking house kitchen. Yeah, but all of them lived there.
Speaker 4: But that apartment complex is that apartment complex like out here, it's like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I was like, look at it's like that's where fucking our friends live. That's crazy, right, But that's the Absence apartment, which is hilarious to think about, right right.
Speaker 4: But I remember it was like some birthday party or something, and it was our first time out here. Like I remember when I came out here, I just let the fuck loose. I was in media is like I'm drinking all the time, fucking whatever. I'm twenty one. I don't have to think about like how this is going to reflect on my family or whatever. That was my worst nightmare I think was like being drunk and being picked up by my parents. Oh you know what I mean, Like that was like, I just didn't want to. I wanted to avoid that entirely. So when I got out here, it was like, oh, holds barred. Yeah, and I had like I had a bottle of jack next to my bed. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were actually drinking for real.
Speaker 3: We went crazy. We were doing we're playing catch up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got that. First couple of months was crazy. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But we went to this party and it was like I think somebody's twenty first birthday party or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and everybody was very much of alcohol. We were drinking a bunch of it, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: We were drinking a lot of it.
Speaker 4: I remember there was a like a bowl full of gummy worms that was soaked in alcohol. You did have the gummies too, and I ate like a shit ton of That was when I I think I had my first joint there too.
Speaker 1: Oh and I did not know how to smoke, so I coughed and it was fucking horrible. But coughs. I still get them now. I don't smoke anymore. It's hilarious.
Speaker 4: But so what I remember. Tell me how you remember this vibe this? Tell me how you remember this absent being introduced? Okay, because I don't know if I'm remembering this right because it sounds fucking insane.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, you are you gonna say it first?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say it because I've told it before and I don't want to color your memory.
Speaker 1: So I don't really know how it was introduced. I know that somebody because we were already drunk at this point, and then somebody comes with a bottle or something. It's just absent, and it's just like, oh, yeah, we're all drinking it. And it's like, I don't really know what absence is, but I heard it's crazy, it's bad, let's drink it. Yeah, and then yeah, and then we had it, and then I forgot we had it, and then things went so awry after and I didn't think about like, oh, this is happening because like everybody's like really messed up. That was the That was like I didn't know why these events were happening. But it makes sense after knowing that, like, oh yeah, the tipper was like, well we had absent.
Speaker 4: That was I have never been to a place where people were more fucked up yeah than in that apartment that day.
Speaker 1: For that party, Yes, for multiple people to be that fucked up. Was that many people that were like near black culture. It was a lot of people.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many people were blackout drunk, but I know people were fucking fighting. I know there was like people were scratching. I got scratched the fuck up.
Speaker 1: I got knocked out. At one point, somebody picked up.
Speaker 4: Like a statue or something and hit him in the back of the head. It is how I remember this. Yeah, and he collapsed over the ground. I was like, Jalen, and he was like what And I was like, Okay, he's fine, Yeah, but I remember just fight it yeah, in that apartment.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't real.
Speaker 1: It was a joke. It was like a joke. It was like a joke. It was kind of scary, not really. It wasn't. Actually it wasn't. We're too drunk to be properly scared. But it was weird because it was like a laughing fighting thing. I don't know. It was like people was laughing, but it was a joke. But it was also like fighting, like people enough to get knocked over the head with and put out, you know, dude.
Speaker 3: It's like people were play fighting, but like serious.
Speaker 4: It's all I can describe it as because it wasn't serious, but it wasn't I don't know.
Speaker 1: What the fuck meant right, Like it was real strangling happening, but it was also like smiling at the same time, my joker at least some gas in the room.
Speaker 4: But what I remember, what I remember about this is that I blinked, yeah, and we were in home depot.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true. What the fuck was that? How did we get there?
Speaker 3: What was the reason why were we there?
Speaker 1: The next day I had like a vacuum or something. We needed to be in home depot. But all I know is that, like we woke up in paint and was just like mission, like, all right, we gotta go to home depot, and gudgeonly ended up at home Depot. I was not conscious. There was a lot of moments of like blinking, and the next scene was there like after the that is insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember coming to like I blinked and I was looking at piping or something like two by fours.
Speaker 1: I was sitting there and I was like, I think when you pointed it out, I became conscious and I was just like yeah, I was like, we are here. It's like auto pilot until we were there.
Speaker 4: How I remember this was that somebody came in with the like did you ever see Anastasia?
Speaker 1: Sounds familiar that it was like that animated movie where the guy had like the vile of green shit.
Speaker 4: I remember this guy came in with absinthe, and I remember it in a vile. I feel like it wasn't in a bottle. I feel like it wasn't in like a fucking thing or a container. It was in a vile, I swear to God. And we split it because nobody wanted to drink it, because I think everybody was.
Speaker 1: Like, no, the birthday girl drank it. Oh yeah she clearly, Yeah she bust half. Yeah, but that's wild. Yeah, really just drank some green ship from some viles.
Speaker 3: We drank green ship out of a vial from a complete stranger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that like we did not know. I didn't know that guy. My sister's always telling me stop taking drugs and strangers. I guess I just never learned. Well.
Speaker 4: On that note, bye, everybody, thanks for showing up. We'll u I don't know, maybe we'll do this again if we remember more shit, if we ever talk about it like this again and comes up, I'll write it down and then we'll put it on a list of things and we'll get it all. We'll get it all on fucking documentary lit. But yeah, it's way longer I expected to go for like maybe forty minutes, but.
Speaker 1: So much hours. Get home.
Speaker 4: At least it's not traffic at this hour. At least you surprised relative.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's out there. You don't know what's happening up the street. You gotta get you have to get home there again.
Speaker 3: All right, Well bye guys.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm