Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Night Live. I am your host, Jacob Mook the Cajun Night. We're gonna be talking about some news stories right now. We're gonna start off in America. Then we're gonna go into some kind of America kind of foreign policy things. Then we're gonna bring up a couple of foreign nations with some things going on. A lot of stuff, a lot of stuff going on. Uh yeah, I see it's Onny. You're traveling right now and didn't have anything prepped. Dope. That's fine, dude. I'm just glad that you're with us this evening again. If you anybody here has anything they would like to add into the conversation, please send it into the chat. Our homegirl, Claire, has already sent one article in that I am going to pull up here in a bit. But uh, all right, let's just go in and get right into it. Let's start off. So starting off here, the Senate has rejected funding for a bill with no end insight of government shutdown. This is from CNBC. Listen, I understand that some of the new sources that I pull up are very liberally based or very conservatively based. It doesn't matter. The reason why I pull these up and why I give the distinction of where this source is coming from is that everybody understands what kind of bias we're going into before we start reading. And I think it's worth noting that, yes, we must look at what CNN is saying about things, as well as what Fox is saying about things, as well as what Al Jazeera is saying, as well as what the BBC is saying it. We have to take in all of these things to try to attribute it all to get a better picture of the whole schematic here. Okay, so let's get into it here. Senate rejects funding bill with no end insight of government shutdown. This was actually published today. The government shutdown entered its third week with no viable deal to resolve it. The Senate for the ninth time rejected duel stop and go funding stop gap rather stop gap funding bills, as Republicans and Democrats continue to argue for dueling measures. Democrats insist that funding deal in include extending in it's Affordable care AC subsidies, which are set to expire at the end of twenty twenty five, So all right. A lot of people know that the government is shut down right now. Not many people know the nuances as to why it is shut down right now. And I've said this joke before, but I do actually stand on this. At this point, we might as well just make it a federal holiday. Y up, here comes the yearly shutdown. Yeah, and it doesn't matter who's in office. This is a thing that has gone on multiple administrations. You know. Yes, right now it's being blamed on Trump because it's Trump, and before that it was being blamed on Biden because it's Biden, and like the president has a hand in it. Don't get me wrong, But this really and truly is a Senate thing. It's not an executive branch thing. But let's get into the article. Let's talk more about the votes and what is going on here as to the whys for the government shut down, and possibly can we get it over with? Can we move forward here? Yeah, let's just read in here. The government shut down stretch into its third week on Wednesday, as Republican and Democrat senators continued to dig in their heels on dueling stop gap funding proposals. The Senate on Wednesday for the ninth time rejected a gop led short term funding resolution in a fifty one to forty four vote. The Senate once again did not approve a stop gap bill, in which Republicans insist on a clean continuing resolution that would provide funding to reopen the government until at least November twenty first. Democrats want any funding bill to extend and Enhanced Affordable Care Act subsidies that are set to run out at the end of this year. That and other provisions in the Democratic bill would cost an estimated one trillion dollars. Wednesday's vote occurred days after the Trump administration said in a court filing that more than four thousand federal employees received notifications that they were being laid off. Again, that's four thousand federal employees. And they don't really give a lot of distinctions as to, you know, the type of federal employees this is. But even still, four thousand jobs is not that massive of a hit. I don't know. I don't know if he's cutting off entire, you know, branches of the government here. Is he shutting down entire agencies with this or was it kind of trimming the fat on a couple of different places. I don't know. I don't know. But continuing on here, it says the White House Budget Director Russell Vaux said Wednesday that he could be more than ten thousand or there could be more than ten thousand job cuts. But shortly after Voue made that remark, a federal judge in San Francisco temporarily blocked the Trump administration from firing federal workers amid the shutdown. Okay, firing and being laid off for two different things. In essence, they have the same results, Like, yes, the person who has the job no longer can punch the clock anymore. However, a firing means that they're getting rid of this person and the position is now open and they're going to hire somebody else. Laid off means that they are shutting down the need for that position and they're not going to be hiring anybody new. Anybody's clear here. Firing and laying off, although they do have the same effect for the individual employee, there is different ramifications to that on the back end, So anyway, these are layoffs, not firings. Anyway, continuing, Trump administration officials blame the so called reductions in force on Senate Democrat's refusal to vote for the Republican funding proposal. And here we go with the finger pointing, in the name calling, and the these said that, she said that, he said all the stuff Democrats are dug in. Fifteen days into a government shutdown, Democrats show no sign that they're ready for it to end. Senate Majority Leader John Thune, a Republican from South Dakota, said earlier on Wednesday on the chamber floor, not even the prospect of military families going without paychecks was enough for Democrats to reopen the government. Now, I should make a mention of this. It has been understood and declared that the military are not going to miss any paychecks. They're gonna get paid. They found things in the budget to make sure that they're gonna get paid. I remember seeing these news clips of these military members in line for like food stamps and WICK. I'm sorry, just everybody's clear. When I was in the military, I was on WICK like that. That's the military doesn't like make money. You make way way less than minimum wage. And yeah, they make up for it, quote unquote because you have your housing paid for and your health and dental paid for, and oh you have a clothing allowance. It's like five hundred dollars a year. That's not even gonna replace them uniform items that you you tore up over the past year. Yeah, it's it's not. Nobody joins the military to get rich. I'm sorry. And if you if you think that that's like your plan, then I hate to break it to you. That's not how this is gonna go. This being said, Yeah, when me and my first wife were together and we had a baby, yeah, we had to apply for WICK because we were that broke. And it's not because we had horrible spending habits. Although calling us paid us paid on myself, it could have been better. I could have been a little wiser with my and wiser with my investments. Very true, but it's also very difficult to support a family when you're getting two checks a month equaling to a grand total of like seven to fifty for the month, and that's your entire income you get paid on the first and the fifteenth, That seven fifty is split over two checks. Like, I'm sorry, that's just the way it is. And if you're trying to support a family, you're taking whatever help you can get. So when I saw the news clip of the family members and these these military members online to get food stamps and wick. I got to tell you, I wasn't really shaken by this. Our military should never have to live like this. First of all, I agree. Second off, this is not nuanced. This is not because of the government shutdown. This is the way it's been four years from this was twenty eleven when I was getting my wick shit. So it whatever. Anyway, continuing on send it. Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, everybody knows him, the Democrat from New York, counter thuns argument, saying that the government has been shut since October first because Republicans quote refused to work with Democrats in a serious way to fix the health care crisis looming over the American people. As we speak, families are receiving letters for their new health insurance rates and more states more states are opening their window shopping period for what health insurance will look like next year. Direct quote from Schumer. With open enrollment around the corner, Republicans cannot continue to kick this can down the road. It's happening now. The healthcare crisis is now, he continued. Thune and other Republicans have said that they are willing to discuss the questioning are the question of extending ACA enhanced tax credits after a short term funding is approved. We need five more Democrats to say enough is enough to put the American people ahead of the far left and support this clean, non partisan continuing resolution sitting right there at the Senate desk, ready to be picked up and passed today. That was Thune that said this. On Wednesday, President Trump issued a presidential memorandum directing Defense Secretary Pete Hexeth to use remaining congressional funds to keep paying active duty military personnel. Once again, they had the funding, They have the money. It's not an issue. And if I'm not mistaken, even when I was in there was government shutdowns and I was stationed in Washington, DC, we still got paid. There was never a risk of us not getting paid. Although we we found some obscure thing within our contracts to where if we were to go I think it was like more than thirty one days without receiving any compensation for our time. There was some way that you could file some paperwork and your contract could be null and void. That being said, it wouldn't have really worked out that way anyway. But we were a bunch of dumb nineteen year olds, and we thought we knew how the system worked, you know, you know the type that being said. Yes, the military is still getting paid, the government shutdown is still on, and uh yeah, there's no end in sight on this. We're gonna listen in now. This was dropped four hours ago, and this is a Mike Johnson speaking on the press briefing on day fifteen of the government shut down. This is a couple of days ago, but it just dropped a few hours ago, and let's just hear what he's got to say on it.
Speaker 2: Thanks a speaker.
Speaker 3: OMB put out memos saying that they're going to batten down the hatches.
Speaker 1: And ride out the shutdown.
Speaker 3: But as you pointed out, they're gonna pay the troops as well as they.
Speaker 1: Said pay law enforcement.
Speaker 3: Should law enforcement include Capitol police who protect you your family, you know, mister Scalise, the whip as well as the Capitol building in gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've always stood with Capitol police and law enforcement, and we've shown that in word and deeds. And I can tell you that I was with the President for a couple of hours in the Oval Office last night. I spoke with the thrust vote in the Rose Garden before they Charlie hurt service.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 4: What's the right word for la Warren about this, that no one on the Republican side is taking any pleasure in this scenario. Yes, we're always for reducing the size and spoke of the government and all of that, but this is not the way to go about it. We don't shut the gard now, turn out the funding streams and then require all these.
Speaker 1: Cuts like this.
Speaker 4: So what they're doing is they're having a triosh federal spending. As you know, is because anybody, as we've said, any person who's in the White House with regardless of party and their director of O and B is given this unfortunate reluctant task they have to figure out in trioge what are the most essential services, personnel policies and what or not. They're going to look at that through a partisan lens. But when they look through it through that lens, I mean we're looking at it right now as conservative Republicans that the White House. That's who serves in the White House right now. If Joe Biden or Kamala Harris are a Democrat with air, they would look at it with a totally different set of lenses. But I can tell you that when we look at that, we prioritize troops and law enforcement absolutely.
Speaker 2: So if there is.
Speaker 4: A mechanism to do that, they will find it and they will fund it. The reason the way they were able to get the troops paid for this paycheck, and as I said, this is not an enduring solution because we will run out of the funds, but there were some unspent funds and effectively R and D accounts defense they move that over to prioritize the payment of those who are putting their lives on the line today, and that families in serious situations, That money will be replaced, as it's been explained by the White House, after the funding gets going again. If we can find a similar mechanism to take care of Capital police, of course they'll do that, but that's in a separate branch.
Speaker 1: So Capital City police are going to also be getting their paychecks. I guarantee they're going to find a fund for it. That's how this goes. And I mean they're taking it from the R and D Department, from the Defense spending or I should say the second the Department of War spending. Okay, cool, I don't see an issue. It sounds like they resolved at least that one portion of this issue. But again, the government shutdown is still happening, which you're gonna hear a lot about this episode, because every single news clip must bring up the fact that it is still going on. It is what it is. But as we were talking about this, we're going to take a quick little detour because as we're talking about the government shutdown and the troops not getting paid, and now they're talking about they will get paid and so will police officers. I feel like it's a really good time to bring up this guy. So local twelve father accused of killing daughter's alleged rapist is now running for sheriff. Yeah, yeah, So this guy basically took justice into his own hands. Rightfully so rightfully so and I stand on that. But anyway, and now on the other side of it all, he's decided he's gonna run for local sheriff. This is Lenoke County, Arkansas. A father accused of killing his fourteen year old daughter's alleged rapist announce he is running for sheriff because the system failed. Agreed one hundred percent Aaron Spencer, thirty seven years old, announced his campaign for Lenote County Sheriff on a Facebook post last Friday, almost a year after the alleged murder of his daughter's rapist. Let's listen to his campaign video. I feel like he's just gonna be a banger. Let's check it out.
Speaker 5: Hello, Loano, my name is Spencer. Many of you know my story. I'm the father who acted to protect his daughter when the system failed. I'm also a husband, a combat veteran of the eighty second Airborne Division, a contractor, and a farmer. And through my own fight for justice, I have seen first hand the failures in law enforcement and in our circuit court, and I refuse to stand by while others face these same failures. That's why I'm announcing my candioncy to run for Lonoke County Sheriff. This campaign isn't about me. It's about every parent, every neighbor, every family who deserves to feel safe in their homes and safe in their community. It's about restoring trust where neighbors know law enforcement is on their side, and families know that they will not be left alone in a moment of need. Together, we can build a safer, stronger Loanoa County for every family. I'm Aaron Spencer and I'm running for sheriff of Lonoke County.
Speaker 1: Get this man elected. Let's go, dude, I love that, all right, Let's go. That just kind of goes over some of what he said and his thing. Let's go here. Spencer was arrested in October of last year, twenty twenty four, after he allegedly killed Michael Fossler, sixty seven, in Loanoke County. The day of the incident, Spencer reported to the police that his daughter was missing. As police were on their way to Spencer's home, Spencer found his daughter in a vehicle with Fossler. Falsler had a no contact order because he had stalked and raped the fourteen year old, so it was already understood. Spencer then allegedly allegedly shot and killed Fosler after a confrontation between the two men. A rows the child's mother had thought that Fosler might be trying to kill her daughter because he was wanted for possibly or if possible, six to nine felonies, and her daughter was the only witness. Wow Sheriff John Stally noted that Spencer's case would be up to the Loanoke, Lona, whatever County Prosecuting Attorney's office to decide whether or not to actually file charges against Spencer. Spencer is out on bond and his case remains ongoing. Yet he is finding the time and the motivation to run for county sheriff. I support this man. We need to get him in office, like now, get him there faster, Arkansas. Let's go man. Okay, So at least there's a little bit of good news in the articles in the goings and comings of the day. Now swapping over, let's talk more federal things again from NBC News. US will neither be commanded nor controlled by China, the sense said as trade standof deepens. So for anybody who has been paying attention, the tariff war has not exactly gone away. It subsided for a bit. People found a common ground for a little minute, and everybody seemed like they were gonna work together all Kumbai a style kind of Well. Well, then apparently China decided that they wanted to start some things again. Trump decided that he was about that smoke, and now we are back at it. Trump just they currently have a I want to say, a thirty percent tariff on China as of this moment, and basically Beijing is trying to flex and saying we're not going to let any precious minerals leave our nation anymore. And you know they run the reins as far as that goes, right, the h what was the world? I'm looking for the things for semiconductors and things like this, and uh Trump said, fine, if you don't, then we'll put one hundred percent tariff on top of what's already been enacted. So Beijing is already on this thing. And of course the TikTok sale gets brought into it as well, which people think has already been bought and paid for it. It's not exactly true. It's not exactly true. Let's read in here. Beijing has yet to approve the sale of TikTok us, increased soybean purchased, or ease export controls despite several rounds of US trade talks. Let's get into it here. US trade representative Genie Amison Jamieson, Well, all right, Jamieson Greer said on Wednesday that China's recent restrictions on rare earth mineral exports are a global supply chain power grab, and it absolutely is China was very strategic in that as far as trying to make sure that you had to go through them to get this kind of stuff. But moving on, Greer and Treasury Secretary Scott Perscent spoke to reporters at the Treasury Department in Washington, where Pacent said Beijing's actions amounted to a provocation. The remarks were the latest sign that the US China trade relationship continues to deteriorate after Beijing's surprise announcement Thursday of new limits on rare earth minerals and reg related technologies. In response, President Trump threatened to impose all hundred percent tariffs on China, as well as export controls on any and all critical software. This is a picture as a matter of fact of Scott Descent and Chinese Vice Premier he Lafang Lifing. I don't know. Before the meeting of the first Meeting in China US Economic Trade Consultation Mechanism in London on June ninth, the only way China can avoid these new tariffs, Greer told the NBC News is to drop the proposed export controls. But since in Grear were cautiously optimistic, that Beijing would back down and return to the negotiating table direct quote here from Greer. Our expectation is that they won't implement the controls and that we'll be able to back We will be able to be back where we were a week ago, where we had their tariff levels we've agreed to, and we have the flow of rare earth magnets we agreed to in the meantime. But since that Washington is conferring with its allied trade partners about a Jesus, I can't speak with their trade partners about a unified response to the restrictions. This is China versus the world, he said, We and our allies will neither be commanded nor controlled. Rare earth minerals are critical to manufacturing a wide variety of products such as bad electric vehicles, household goods, TVs, and smartphones, solar panels. After three rounds of what the officials called successful trade talks, China also has yet to officially approve the sale of TikTok us and has not bought any soybeans from American farmers since May. Nonetheless, Graham Bricint said the current ninety day pause on tariffs with China renewed at least three times so far, could be re upped again for a longer interval if China lifts the rare earth restrictions. So let's get into this now, talking about the soybean growth and all these things. The farmers are the ones that are actually getting the brunt of that trade dilemma. We're gonna listen in for WKYC Channel three. Government shut down latest and the farmers express frustrations, and of course the healthcare debate continues. Let's listen in. Well.
Speaker 6: Today marks day fifteen of the government shut down, as the Senate again failed to pass a short term spending bill to end the ongoing closure for the ninth time.
Speaker 2: Now, oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: And this is all coming, of course, as trade talks are heating up between the US and China and v SES Julie's certain reports from Washington.
Speaker 8: The already tense trade relationship between the US and China appears to be getting worse.
Speaker 1: Made no mistake.
Speaker 2: This is China versus the world.
Speaker 8: Those words from Treasury Secretary Scott Bessend come after China's surprise announcement that it's putting export limits on rare earth minerals. Those materials produced largely by China are used in everything from electronics to cars and even military equipment. Trade Representative Jamison Greer taking a tough stance.
Speaker 9: China's announcement is nothing more than a global supply chain power grab. It is an exercise and economic coersion on every country in the world.
Speaker 8: In response to China's move, President Trump threatened massive tariffs on Chinese imports unless that country changes course. But it's not just rare earths that has the two nations at odds. It's also soybeans. China buys more soybeans than any other country in the world from the United States not anymore, Trump calling that a quote economically hostile act and threatening to end cooking oil exports to China. American farmers are caught in the middle.
Speaker 1: We gotta feel like we're a scapegoat here. We're you know, we are hanging absolutely.
Speaker 8: This trade tug of war coming at a difficult time for the US, the government heading into week three of a shutdown with no end in sight, both sides pointing fingers at each other, and.
Speaker 10: All those Americans living in uncertainty, Well, there's going to have to wait until Democrats far left base is satisfied.
Speaker 11: With open enrollment around the corner, Republicans cannot continue to kick this can down the road. It's happening now. The healthcare crisis is now in Washington.
Speaker 8: Julie Serkin, NBC News.
Speaker 1: All right, so that was kind of a good recap on all the things we've discussed thus far. Now let's move into another thing that Trump is getting involved with. Venezuela. Yeah, we're going there. Venezuela allegedly broke up an extremist false flag attempt that was about to go down on the US embassy there. Now, everybody knows that I am a conspiracy theorist. I love a good conspiracy. There have been tons of false flag attacks that have happened in our lifetime. It's not hard to find them. This being said, I don't know if this is an actual false flag that they foiled and they're just bringing it up now to try to save face, or if this is completely fabricated. I don't know, But let's read into it now because this ties into Trump getting ready. He just gave the CIA authorization to send agents into Venezuela. Let's get into it, shall we. Let's start off here. Venezuela denounces alleged extremists plan to attack shuttered US embassy complex. The embassy, which is closed, maintains a staff responsible for security and maintenance, despite the rupture of diplomatic relations with Venezuelan President Nicholas Maduro's government in twenty nineteen. Let's get into it here. This is from Caracas, Venezuela. Venezuela warned Monday of an alleged plan by extremists to attack the shuttered US embassy complex in Caracas with explosives, coming as bilateral tension simmer over Washington's military deployment in the Caribbean. Jorge Rodriguez Yeah, I said that right. Jorge Rodriguez, head of the National Assembly and of Venezuela's delegation for dialogue with the US SEDNA, statement that though through three different channels, the United States has been warned of a serious threat from far right wing groups posing as followers of Maduro through a false flag operation prepared Yeah, through a false flag operation prepared by extremist sectors of the local rights. There are attempts to plant lethal explosives at the US embassy in Caracas. The US State Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Shocker, I know the embassy, which is currently closed, maintains a staff responsible for security and maintenance of the premises. Despite the rupture of diplomatic relations in twenty nineteen, At the same time, we have reinforced security measures at that diplomatic site, which our government respects and protects, said Rodriguez, a close ally of Maduro who serves as President of the National Assembly. He said that a European embassy had been informed in order to act as a liaison to communicate the situation. The large embassy compound has been guarded since its closure by patrols conducted by Venezuelan police in the surrounding area. During the first term, President Trump broke ties with Maduro and recognize an opposition leader as Venezuela's a legitimate ruler in a failed attempt to oust the leftist leader. As part of the diplomatic break, the State Department suspended operations in its Caracas embassy this is in March of twenty nineteen, and evacuated all diplomats, fearing a takeover of the Hilltop complex in the southeast of the capitol. The alert came as Venezuela had repeatedly denounced what it calls a US threat over the deployment of warships in the Caribbean, which Washington says is aimed at combating Latin American drug cartels. Trump accused of Maduro of being one of the world's most major drug traffickers, and announced in early August that the reward for his capture would be doubled to fifty million dollars US. Maduro in turn accused of the United States of fabricating that narrative to try to force him from office. On Friday, US State Secretary, I'm sorry, US Defense Secretary. They keep calling him that it's the US War secretary. People. The Secretary of War Pete Hegseth announced what would be the fourth strike on a small vessel in the Caribbean since the arrival of the US ships. The United States claimed the vessels traffic drugs and that their crews are Narco terrorists, as was the case with the four people killed Friday. According to heg Seth, Maduro has described the US naval deployment as a threat to the sovereignty of the South American country. The US government has given no indication that it plans to ground incursions with the more than four thousand troops stationed in the area. All right, so that was from the Associated Press, And yes, of course they're going to have a narrative spin it one way or another. But apparently they're saying that there was a false flag thing. We got to talk about this. Cool, cool, cool. Now, in response to all of this, Trump is authorizing the CIA to go into Venezuela. Let's listen in straight from the.
Speaker 12: Horse's mouth, but we do begin with the Trump administration's move to give the CIA authority to conduct operations in Venezuela. For more on, let's let's bring in CBS News White House reporter Olivia Ronaldi. Olivia, thanks for joining us. During today's press conference, President Trump was asked about why he authorized the CIA to go into Venezuela. What did he say in response to that?
Speaker 13: Well, Nancy, he was asked that by our own ed Keith, this was breaking news heading into the Oival office, that Ed was able to ask the President why he gave that authorization to have the CIA go into Venezuela. Take a listen to what the President said here, Why did.
Speaker 7: You authorize the CIA to go into Venezuela, and is there more information you can share about these strikes on the alleged well, I can't.
Speaker 14: I authorized speak for two reasons really. Number one, they have emptied their prisons into the United States of America. They came in through the well, they came in through the border. They came in because we had an open border policy. The other thing of drugs, We have a lot of drugs coming in from Venezuela, and a lot of the Venezuelan drugs come in through the sea, so you get to see that, but we're going to stop them by land.
Speaker 13: Also, now, Nancy, this is in addition to those strikes that you mentioned earlier that the US is conducting off of the coast of Venezuela targeting five votes that they say are carrying drugs into the US and have killed about twenty seven people through those strikes. The President also said he's looking to do strikes on Venezuela's territory. Now that would be a significant, significant escalation.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, Olivia and ed our colleague. They're also asked to us about some concerns among Republican and Democratic lawmakers on information they've received about those strikes. What did they say and what was the president's response there?
Speaker 13: Well, they say they're not getting enough justification for why these strikes are necessary and who they are targeting. Last month, the Trump administration sent a letter to Congress saying they're an armed conflict with combatants armed combatants, which is the same justification they used for attacking al Qaeda in the early two thousands. Now they're saying that's the justification they're using for these strikes in Venezuela. But we've heard from lawmakers who say there's just not enough information that they're being given as to these strikes, who's being targeted, if they're successful at all, and why this needs further escalation, if there are plans to have a covert CIA operation in Venezuelan territory and strikes on their.
Speaker 12: Land, Olivia Ronaldi joining us there from.
Speaker 1: D okay, So the CIA will now be having a little bit of presidence in Venezuela, which, to the shock of no one, is not the first time that the CIA has been operating inside of Venezuela. But you know, hey, here we are. Now, let's talk about this authorization a little bit further. Trump's this is from the Guardian. Trump says he authorized covert CIA operations in Venezuela. Move marks escalation in maduro pressure campaign. As president says us mulling strikes on Venezuelan territory, and I would agree with that. Striking a boat and open water, there is a little bit of lit bill leeway given right to say, well, if this boat is confirmed to be trafficking drugs, and the president of Venezuela saying that they are not trafficking drugs from Venezuela, there is a little bit of some some leniency as far as the whole benefit of the doubt goes here. Even though it's understood that these boats are leaving Venezuela and satellites are tracking them in the whole nine Maduro can at least claim a little bit of an immininity on that. Right now, we were to start striking the Venezuelan land itself, we now enter into a whole different kind of conversation. But let's dive in here. Donald Trump said on Wednesday that he had authorized the CIA to carry out covert operations in Venezuela, marking a sharp escalation in his administration's pressure campaign against Maduro's regime. Trump further suggested that he was considering strikes on Venezuelan territory, a dramatic step that could go beyond a series of recent lethal attacks on boats in the Caribbean, which Democrats and United Nations experts have FORCI forcibly condemned as unlawful. The president remarks about the CIA confirmed an earlier story from The New York Times, which they reported on a classified directive about a secretive operation in Venezuela. Trump said his administration was looking at land as it considers striking continued strikes on the region, but declined to answer when pressed on whether the CIA had authority to execute Maduro. Again, I'm just gonna I'm gonna throw this out. I don't know this for a fact. I've got no source to back the claim that I'm about to make. But I just I have a weird, sneaking suspicion. Call it a conspiratorial hunch if you will, that Maduro will be found dead sometime in the next six months to a year. I don't know that for a fact. But if we know for sure that the CIA is gonna start sending operatives to Venezuela proper and there is already a fifty million dollar bounty on this dude's head. I'm just I'm not saying, but I'm just saying, Okay, to quote Canas Owens, there you go. I think the Venezuelan is the Venezuelans is feeling the heat, the president added. Trump justified the CIA's intervention by repeating his claims that Venezuela had been releasing prisoners into the United States. We just heard all of that, echoing baseless assertions that became one of his common refrains on the Capitol trail last year or the campaign trail last year. Rather, he also claimed that Venezuela was bringing large volumes of drugs into the US by sea. Again, that's not even a source to debate about. That's kind of understood fact at this time. But I'm not saying before I even say that the drug cartels that are operating and flooding America with drugs are not all Venezuelan based at all. There are some trend De Raua, for instance, is a Venezuelan based drug cartel. That is a fact, and from the prisoners that they have taken from trende Arawa. They all say that they they are answering to Maduro. Whenever they ask who's their leader, who's the head of this cartel, all of them say that it is Maduro. Now, could that be just your you know, your local street punk drug pusher that's just throwing out a name. Is there anything to back that claim? I get it, I understand this. That being said, no one from the Mexican drug cartels are claiming that the Mexican president is the leader of their organization. That's actually kind of like a crazy thing. Most cartel leaders would say they'll either play silence, or they'll give some name of one of their higher ups that's already a known about figure that's already on the CIA watch list. Kind of thing. For them to name the president of the country that they came from as the head of their drug operation is pretty wild. I'm not saying that should be a justification for an all out war against Venezuela. I'm just throwing it out as a weird thing. But moving on here. Experts have repeatedly cast doubts on some of the President's claims about the threats Venezuelan's pose in the US. Earlier this month, the Trump administration declared drug cartels to be an unlawful or unlawful combatants, saying the US is now an armed conflict with them, justifying the military action as a necessary escalation to stem the flow of drugs. The move has spurred anger in Congress from members of both major political parties that Trump was effectively committing an active war without seeking congressional authorization. I mean, okay, yeah, he declared war on the drug cartels. You don't how are you gonna go through the Congress to get approval to declare war on this. It's very similar to declaring war on the Taliban. We can't do that. So we didn't declare war. We had operations, right, That's how they didn't have to go through Congress to have military operations. He's not gonna have to go through Congress to have some sort of a military operation and to send in the Marines, which is the whole point of them. So yeah, there you go. On Wednesday, Gene Shaheen, the ranking Democratic senator on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said while she supports cracking down on trafficking, the administration has gone too far in what way? In what way, is this too far? I don't see it, but okay. The Trump administration's authorization of covert CIA action, conducting lethal strikes on boats and hinting at land operations in Venezuela slides the United States closer to outright conflict with no transparency, oversight, or apparent guardrails. The American people deserve to know if the administration is leading the US into another conflict, putting service members at risk, or pursuing a regime change operation. Again, they nobody joins the military to not get put in risk anyway, kep Moving on, Maduro decried Trump's comments in what he called coup de tah orchestrated by the CIA. Shortly after, Trump also said that he was considering strikes against the Venezuelan carts on land. No to war in the Caribbean. No to regime change, No to coudata orchestrated by the CIA. That was from Maduro direct quote. The leftist leaders said in an address to a committee set up after Washington deployed warships in the Caribbean for what it said was an anti drug operation. At least twenty seven people have been killed in the US Caribbean attacks so far. After another boat was struck, Maduro on Wednesday ordered military exercises in the country's biggest shanty towns and said he was mobilizing the military, police and a civilian militia to defend Venezuela's mountains, coasts, schools, hospitals, factories, and markets. Trump has claimed they are Narco terrorists with providing evidence, without providing evidence. Rather, he has also said the strikes were targeting members of the Trende Raval gang, claims that the White House has not supported with concrete proof. You and experts said in September that the strikes on vessels violated international law, and a Democratic congressman said over the weekend that the attacks were illegal killings and wouldn't stand up in a single court of law. Again, I'm I'm if this boat that was struck was moving drugs and had members on it that were members of the Trende ar Raval cartel, how I must be missing the gap here. He just declared war on cartels. If this boat was cartel affiliated, that's that's kind of how wars go down. I don't know. Moving on the Trump administration, earlier this year cited unsubstantiated claims of affiliation with the Trende, a rival gang to fast track deportations of Venezuela's of Venezuelans to a notorious El Salvador prison. Trump is also pushed to in the temporary legal status of hundreds of thousands of Venezuelans. Trump is accused Madurea of heading the drug cartel, charges he denied. In August, Washington doubled a bounty on his head for fifty million dollars. The Venezuelan leader is widely accused of having stolen elections last year, which again that's to the shock of absolutely no one, that's how politics go in this region of the world. But anyway, so that's the latest. Be on the lookout for CIA operatives to be operating inside of Venezuela. And yeah, that's gonna be a thing that we have to talk about here soon. I'm sure that Maduro is either going to be arrested and or found dead. I could be wrong, but if you look at the track record of coups that have taken place in South America over the last fifty years, you know what, there's a YouTube video. I got a quick video pulled up as a matter of fact, for anybody who's curious about how many coups have taken place in South America in the last fifty sixty, maybe seventy, give or take years, then we look at what's about to go down to Venezuela with CIA operatives being there boots on the ground. You make your own assertions about what you think is about to happen. But you know what, let's just play this quick little clip and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.
Speaker 15: He here's every South American country which has had its government overthrown by the CIA since nineteen forty seven. Costa Rica in nineteen forty eight, Guatemala nineteen fifty four, Al Salvador nineteen seventy nine, Nicaragua nineteen eighty one, Panama nineteen eighty nine, Paraguay nineteen fifty four, Brazil nineteen sixty four, Peru nineteen sixty eight, Chile nineteen seventy three, Uruguay nineteen seventy three, Argentina nineteen seventy six, and Venezuela in two thousand and two. Many of these were perceived as ideologically opposed to the United States, were leftist dictatorships or were some combination of the two.
Speaker 1: So again I don't know this for a fact. This is completely speculative and all that. But man, whenever you see that and you look at how the CIA is moving into Venezuela right now, it just it seems like the chips are falling into place. But again, I will keep my finger on the pulse of this situation so that we can can talk about it more in the coming weeks. On the Cage to Night Live. Now let's go on further. John Thune asks if he've used Trump's twenty million dollar bailout for Argentina as an American first policy. Yes, Trump is trying to give the Argentinian president a twenty million dollar bailout, and of course he is getting flag for that. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 16: The President has discussed a life fund of twenty million dollars Argentine. Do you think that's responsible, especially when giving that your government shutdown and do that as an America First falls.
Speaker 10: You know, I think that something along the lines of what he's doing has been done in the past, I mean previous administrations. If they think there are reasons in the interest of economic stability in areas of the world, that are important to us economically those there are previous administrations that have made similar decisions. In this case, my understanding is it's a currency swap, and so it's a it's a structured in a way that hopefully will support and give some stability to their economy. And I think the US has some strategic interest in that region of the world. So you know, again, I think it's a decision the administration is making based on precedent that past administrations have used, and I hope that the Argentine economy responds in a way that keeps them a stable economy working in a part of the world where American needs allies.
Speaker 1: Okay, very very very political answer, very talking around the question rather than just answering the question if this is an America first policy. But let's get into it here. This is from USA today. Why is Trump bailing out Argentina? What we know after White House visits with l Loco, which is the nickname for the Argentinian president. Let's actually know what they got a quick clip here. We can listen in together and learn about this as a group. Let's go.
Speaker 14: This man because his philosophy is correct.
Speaker 17: US President Donald Trump expressed his support for Argentina's President Javier Malay during their meeting at the White House Tuesday. The visit comes days after the US agreed to provide a major financial lifeline to the South American nation. The meeting also occurred ahead of Argentina's midterm legislative elections.
Speaker 14: We are going to work very much with the president. We think he's going to win, he should win, and if he does win, we're going to be very helpful. And if he doesn't win, we're not going to waste that time.
Speaker 17: Trump's remarks rattled Argentine markets that had previously been buoyed by the support package recently announced by US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessant, the centerpiece of which is a twenty billion dollar currency swap with Argentina's central bank, exchanging stable US dollar for volatilpesos. Bessen said in the meeting that the support package depended on the continuance of economic policies favored by the Trump administration.
Speaker 15: We're confident that the President's party will and the coalition.
Speaker 2: Will do well in the election, and this aid is.
Speaker 3: Predicated on robust policies and going back to the failed Perona's policies would cause a US rethink.
Speaker 17: The economic lifeline for Argentina marks an unusual move for the US, particularly under an administration that has largely stayed away from major foreign interventions. The White House has framed the deal as a strategic effort to stabilize a key regional ally, but it has drawn criticism at home, including from Democratic lawmakers who have accused Trump of prioritizing foreign bailouts and investor protections while the US government remains shut down.
Speaker 1: And the US government has only been shut down for fifteen days. But that's a talking point that they will continue going on about. But let's continue here the key points here. President Trump hosted the Argentine President, Javier Malay at the White House after announcing a twenty billion dollar bailout for Argentina. Now you also heard that it was a currency swamp on the screen just a moment ago. They showed that it's like a dollar forty US equals like two hundred and fifty of the Argentinian I don't remember if it's at Paso or what the currency was there, but whatever their local currency is, and I don't it basically is a bailout. Yeah, it's gonna be a currency exchange, and they're going to say it's not like that, it's we're getting equal back and this. Yeah, but the Argentinian dollar is dropping and they're not going to get better anytime soon. So let's just call it for what it is. It's a twenty billion dollar gift essentially, and especially interesting after Trump just did all the things with those to cut wasteful spending and stop sending money to so many other foreign countries for useless and frivolous expenditures. That was their whole big push. Now, why is it so critical to him to send twenty billion US to Argentina? Who if we're gonna say a strategic ally, that's another interesting talking point Argentina. Yeah, I'm not saying that they're not important by any means. I'm not gonna try to sound like I'm an asshole in that way. But what I am gonna say is that Argentina really doesn't hold much strategic importance to anything in that area, unless a potential military push into one of their kind of neighboring ish countries, Venezuela. Possibly possibly, I don't know, but I'm just throwing it out as perhaps that might be the long con or the long game that he's trying to play here. Let's see. Malay has often compared is often compared to Trump. He has pursued an aggressive cost cutting a and his party faces a midterm election this month. The financial assistance has drawn criticism from some American farmers and Democratic lawmakers. Interesting that American farmers would have something to say about this. Let's get into it. We talked about him hosting Malay. Trump has described Malay as his favorite president, and the eclectic leader has drawn comparisons to Trump. Malay has repeatedly wielded a chainsaw on stage to promote slashing spending, but his agenda, which also includes deregulation and free market reform, has led to a volatile peso currency. It is the Argentinian peso and seen investors aggressively dump Argentine stocks and bonds. Voters will deliver their verdict on Malay's party since he took office in December of twenty twenty three. At the Argentine midterm elections for legislators later this month, Trump said support for the country relies on his success. It says directly quotes we heard Trump say a moment ago. We think he's gonna win. He should win, and if he does win, we're going to be very helpful. And if he doesn't win, can to waste our time. The comment rattled Argentina's markets, according to Reuters. So why is Trump bailing out Argentina? Argentina is in a deepening economic crisis with a volatile currency. According to a blog published by the Council on Formulations, the ins and outs of the crisis are complicated, but undergirding it all is the fact that the country is running out of hard currency. Trump denied that money was politically motivated when a reporter asked on October fourteenth, instead saying, it's really meant to help a good financial philosophy and we can help our neighbors. The Trump administration has also argued the financial crisis in the region could affect other countries in the region. So is that what he's after? He's trying to stabilize the entire region by stabilizing this one country that happens to have his homie as the president. Yeah, out loud, that sounds a little suss I'll be honest with you. The US Treasury Secretary Scott Pssent said that the United States economic lifeline from Malay's country will take the form of a currency swap with Argentina's central bank. That's a move that amounts to effectively exchanging stable US dollars for the volatile peso, he said on to Fox News. The ingram angle last week denied that it was a bailout according to Reuter's. However, the CFR article said it needs the standard qualifications to be considered a bailout, Reuters reported. He said the assistance was a strategic move for the United States for its openness to allow US companies to develop rare earths and uranium resources, and Malay's promise to keep to get China out of Argentina. Ah, there it is. There's the kicker. So let's talk about reactions to the Argentina bailout. The decision to give Argentina a bailout has angered some American farmers, who have expressed concerns that Trump's tariff on China may have caused the Beijing markets to shift purchases of soybean's two countries such as Argentina. Why would USA help bail out Argentino while they take American soybean producer's biggest market, the Republican Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa, a key soybean producer, wrote on social media last month. Democratic lawmakers have also criticized Trump for the move, accusing him of prioritizing foreign bailouts and protecting investors as the country has eclipsed two weeks in a government shut down. According to Reuters, so they go into who is the Argentinian president. We already know about him. He's seen as El loco. He's crazy, he brings a chainsaw to talk about government slashes. But let's talk about this here. On October six, Malay took to the stage in Buenos Aires for an event that appeared to be part of a book launch, part rock concert, and part political rally. Malay's book, The Construction of the Miracle compiles his speeches and social media posts going back several years. It's five hundred and seventy three pages. On stage in front of an estimated fifteen thousand people, the former frontman in a Rolling Stones tribute band saying a nine set of mostly nineteen eighties rock anthems. I'm human, he told the pack stadium. At one point, it might not seem like it, but I am wow. So Trump is trying to bail out his homie, and again they keep saying it's for strategic purposes. Could that be something tied to Venezuela? Could that be something tied to China? And to be honest with you, if you look at the China Venezuela connections, I think that this might be a multi pronged situation. I don't know. I'm not smart enough with economics to know if a twenty billion dollar bailout is going to be enough to really do much in this regard that being said, I don't think that this is really putting it as as the media says, an American first policy. But I guess we'll have to see how it shakes out. Tony. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to say, when Malay took power a little over a year ago or close to two years ago now, whenever that was, I remember Argentina was on a path to join Brick that time, and he reversed that right away. So I think what's going on right now is kind of like his reward for doing that, And there must have been some understanding that if you get ever get into trouble, the US will help you, and the US is trying to well, Trump is trying to live it up to that side of the bargain.
Speaker 1: I think you could be onto something with this, honestly. Yeah, I mean I'm trying to remember. I don't remember who the administration was before Malay, but it was very liberal and they were wanting to be a part of bricks. I remember that Venezuela. They are a part of bricks, correct.
Speaker 2: I think maybe I don't remember, but.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: And they do have a very good relationship with China, and Argentina did have a better relationship with China, but not anymore. Argentina's had something like four currency defaults since the year two thousand and the main presidents I'm aware of since the Parons are the Kirchners.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know who was in right before Malay though, but whoever that.
Speaker 1: Was, and I'm not sure if I could even pronounce the name right Kirkner or or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a German name. There's lots of Germans and Italians and are interesting. In fact, it's kind of funny. It's wider than Europe, very interesting.
Speaker 1: The German and Italian influences in Argentina. You know, funny how those things happen right after nineteen forty five. But yeah, neither here.
Speaker 2: Nor there though.
Speaker 1: Probably honestly, but yeah, especially with the colonial Liberdad. I think it's called the uh, the basically Nazi colony that is operating in Argentina right now. It's it's pretty wild to look at. But uh. Anyway, so I don't know what's gonna come of this. It's very possible that Trump does this bailout thing and saves the Argentinian presidency and he's able to kind of like you said, he he got Argentina off of the bricks conversation, so now you know, you scratched our back, will scratch eres kind of thing. I don't think that's going to do well in the public image for Trump, but I also don't think he really cares about the public image of him is, which is there's pros and cons to that. I be honest, I see both. But yeah, so we will see what happens with the Argentina conversation and the Venezuela conversation. I think there is more of a connection here than what initially meets the eye. I think China is absolutely at play with all of this, especially like we just talked about, now that they're not buying American soy they are now buying Argentinian soy And I'm wondering if this twenty billion dollar bailout might be another way to tell Argentina, hey, you're not selling soy beans to China anymore. And I bet Malay would capitulate and be down with that as long as the money came flowing in. I don't know, I'm just speculating from my dvantage point. Now let's get into this kind of going off topic, but still staying on topic as far as the legal system in America goes. Supreme Court rejects Alex Jones's appeal in the Sandy hook defamation case on I mean, if you have heard about this, but so long story short, Sandy Hooks shooting took place. Okay, Alex Jones one of the all time greatest conspiracy heads in the game currently. Okay, agree with things he says, disagree with things he says, It doesn't matter. You can't deny that the man is at least a cultural icon in the realm of conspiratorial conversations. That being said, he made a lot of claims about Sandy Hook, about how it was all fake and these parents of these these murdered children were all crisis actors. And he not only doubled but tripled down on this and then got brought before the Supreme Court and they said, no, you are gonna have to make massive payouts to the family families, I should say. And now he just tried to have this repealed, and the Supreme Court basically said, nah, homie, that's not happening. But you know what, let's hear about it? Is it from CBS News New York.
Speaker 7: The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from conspiracy theorist Alex Jones over the one point four billion dollar judgment against him for calling the twenty twelve Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a hoax staged by crisis actors. The Info Wars host had argued that a judge was wrong to find him liable for defamation and infliction of emotional distress without holding a trial on the merits. Jones is separately appealing a forty nine million dollar judgment and a similar defamation lawsuit in Texas after he failed to turn over documents sought by the parents of another Sandy Hook victim. The justices did not comment on their decision.
Speaker 1: So essentially he's still going to have to pay. But the one point four billion dollars in all these things. His company has grown substantially since that judgment has been passed. And I'm not saying it's because of the judgment or even in spite of the judgment, but Alice Jones and Info Wars as a whole is doing better now than they have ever done. A lot of people will say there's no way he's ever going to be able to make that kind of a payout one point four billion dollars. I have a weird suspicion that he'll be able to give him another ten years and he'll probably be able to make the payments, but of course he's going to try to fight it tooth and nail as much as he can. Look, one point four billion dollars is not a small amount of money to pay out. That's pretty large, but so are some of the claims that he was making. So anyway, not trying to detract from the conversation of geopolitics, but I thought that that was interesting to bring up as well, because now we go into talking about courts and legal things. This is from SCOTUSblog dot com. The Supreme Court appears ready to curtail major provisions in a voting rights act. Now, this one kind of hits near and dear to myself because Louisiana is currently getting ready to draw a new map. California drew a new map and people got pissed about it. Texas drew a new map in response to California drawing that map. Now Louisiana is about to draw another map to talk about which dish get how many votes? As far as these things go, and the Supreme Court is now weighing in on it, and they're saying that it's all racially motivated. I shit you not. They are literally saying that the redistrict thing of the map is specifically and inherently a racially motivated decision. Never mind the fact of the race has nothing to do with this. In my personal opinion, I know tons of Republicans of all different races and backgrounds. I know tons of Democrats from all races and backgrounds. As far as that's concerned, Louisiana has a population it's like a third of the population of Louisiana is of the African American persuasion. Not all of those are Democrats. And I would also like to mention that black conservatives in this state are not some sort of a weird monolith by any means, especially now after the last couple of elections. But sure, we got to make it a race issue, let's get into it. The Supreme Court on Wednesday appeared ready to strike down a twenty twenty four congressional map that the group of voters has challenged as the product of unconstitutional racial jerrymandering. That is, according to them, it sorts voters based on race in violation of the Fourteenth Amendment's equal protection clause. During nearly two and a half years of oral arguments, the Court's conservative justices signaled that they are likely to undermine a key provision of the Voting Rights Act, even if they may not ultimately strike it down altogether. Wednesday's oral argument was the latest chapter in a dispute that dates back to twenty twenty two, when Louisiana adopted a new congressional map in the wake of the twenty twenty census. Roughly one third of the state's population is black, but the twenty twenty two map had only one majority black district out of the six districts allotted to the state. That prompted a group of black voters to go to federal court, where they argued that the twenty twenty two map violated Section two of the Federal Voting Rights Act, which barres discrimination in voting practices. The US District Judge Shelley dick Wow agreed that the twenty twenty two map likely violated Section two. She prohibited the state from using the map in future elections and ordered the state to draw a new map with two majority black districts. The US Court of Appeals in the Fifth Circuit upheld that ruling. He gave the state until January fifteenth, twenty twenty four, to enact a new map or face the prospect that the lower court would adopt a plan. For the twenty twenty four elections, Louisiana drew a new map that created a second majority black district. The twenty twenty four map drew a challenge from a group of voters who described themselves as non African American. A three judge federal District court agreed with them that the twenty twenty four map violated the Constitution's equal Protection clause by sorting voters based on race, and it barred the state from using the map in the future elections, so getting into it here. In May twenty twenty four, the Supreme Court put three judge district courts ruling on hold, which allowed the state to move forward with the using the new map in twenty twenty four elections. Voters in the sixth district, the new majority black district, elected Cleo Fields, a former member of Congress who had represented another majority black district during the nineteen nineties, to represent them. Louisiana and the black voters appealed to the Supreme Court, which heard oral arguments for the first time in the spring of this year. Louisiana contended that once the law made the excuse me. Once the lower courts had concluded that the twenty twenty two map likely violated the VREA and directed it to draw map with a second majority black district. Its primary goal was to protect the state's powerful Republican incumbents in Congress, such as Speaker of the House Mike Johnson and Representative Julia Letlow, who sits on the House Appropriations Committee. The non African American voters countered that it was utterly implausible that both race and politics were equally responsible for the twenty twenty four map. The state first decided to draw the second majority black district, and then considered how to draw the map in a way that would protect Republicans, they contended. On June twenty seventh, the last day before the justices summer recess, the Court issued a brief order setting the case for another argument in the twenty twenty five twenty sixth term. On August first, Justices issued an order in which they directed the litigations to file briefs addressing a new question whether the state's intentional creation of a second majority minority district violates either the fourteenth or fifteenth Amendment, which bars the government from denying or restricting voting rights based on race. At Wednesday's oral argument, lawyer Jannai Nelson, representing the black voters, defended the twenty twenty four map. She told the Justices that a mere two years ago, in Allen versus Milligan, a case nearly identical to this one, the Supreme Court noted that, under certain circumstances, it has authorized race based redistricting to remedy state restriction maps that violate Section two, Louisiana Solicitor General Benjamin Auguena Auguinaga, I don't speak the language. I'm sorry. By contrast, urged the Court to reevaluate its voting precedents, although the state had defined the twenty twenty four map when the case was before the Supreme Court in March. The General told the justices on Wednesday that those precedents had place states in impossible situations where they only where the only sure demand is more racial discrimination for more decades. Therefore, he said, we have taken the position that Section two, insofar as it requires race based redistricting, is unconstitutional. Chief Justice John Roberts, the author of the court's opinion in Milligan, appeared to suggest that the Milligan case should not necessarily dictate the outcome of the Louisiana case. That case, he said, took the exist misting precedents as a given, and he continued that it was a case in which we were considering Alabama's particular challenge based on what turned out to be an improper evidentiary showing. Justice Elena Kagan countered that Alabama had made several arguments that we specifically rejected in Milligan, and that the answers that you just gave, and in the answer that you just gave to me, it seems to me that you repeated each and every one of those arguments that we rejected. It's a fair point. Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who joined the majority in Milligan, raised a point that he had made in concurring opinions in a concurring opinion in that case. This Court's case is a variety of Contexts have said that race based remedies are permissible for a period of time, sometimes for a long period of time decades in some cases, but they should not be an indefinite and should not have or or should have an endpoint. Nelson resisted any tension that Section two or race based redistricting should have a similar endpoint. She noted, among other things, that Congress decidedly did not include a time limit in Section two, even though it had done so elsewhere in the Vra. Justice Kintaji Brown Jackson emphasized that Section two is not a remedy in and of itself, but is instead the mechanism by which the law determines whether a remedy is necessary, which she said may or may not involve the consideration of race, and so that's why it doesn't need a time limit, she reasoned, because it's not doing any work for any work other than just pointing us to the direction of where we might need to do something, as they had in or argent argument. In March, some justices questioned whether the District's court decisions findings in the twenty twenty two map likely violated Section two justified the creation of the twenty twenty four map with its second majority Black District Justice Clarence Thomas president prest Nelson, asking whether the lower court had ordered this particular map. Nelson responded that had not. The court gave the State of Louisiana an opportunity, as this Court has suggested to it do. It gave it broad discretion, gave it wide latitude to create a map that felt that it felt was satisfactory. But the General told Thomas that the District Court's decision of the twenty twenty two map is the only reason that the twenty twenty four map exists. Louisiana, he said, drew the twenty twenty four map under protest because the threat was that the federal courts were going to do it if we didn't. Just as Amy Cony Barrett echo Thomas's concerns about the weight that the district court decision should carry, she noted that the court had assumed, without deciding, that complying with the Section two is a compelling interest for purposes of the Fourteenth Amendment, as part of the test that comes into play when race occupies a predominant role in redistricting. But in the case like this, like the one involving the twenty twenty two map, when this doesn't really think that the map violates Section two and it hasn't been finally adjudicated, it seems to suggest that there is really a compelling interest. Or she's asking, does it seem that it does? It seem to suggest that there really is a compelling interest. Kavanaugh also appeared somewhat receptive to the Trump administration this argument made by Principal Deputy Solicitor General Hashim Moupon all Right, that the constitutional problem before the court is not the mere consideration of the race in districting. The problem is when race subordinates traditional neutral principles and is factor that cannot be compromised. The Trump administration, while not jettisoning Section two would make it more difficult to bring a Section two claim. In its view, a violation of Section two cannot rest on a lack of equal opportunity for minority plaintiffs to participate in the political process when politics, rather than race, is the likely reason for the state's refusal to create a majority minority district. Anyway, you know, I only got a little bit left to gover Nelson cautioned that adopting her opponent's position would create a staggering reversal of precedent that would throw maps across the country into chaos. But if the court believes that the twenty twenty four map is unconstitutional, she continued, it should send the case back to the lower court for it to use one of the many alterations that are available to meet Section two and also comply with the Constitution. But it should lead the lower Court's findings that the twenty twenty two map violated Section two undisturbed, she said, and it must be remedied. Moupon countered that there are roughly sixty black representatives in Congress right now and only fifteen majority black districts. None of these positions advanced by the Trump administration or the other litigations opposing the twenty twenty four map, he said, is going to lead to there being no black representation in Congress or anything remotely approaching that. Okay, long article, but long story short, we're wanting to redistrict the map based off of a census that was took and them redistricting this map precedent to this, or you know, a couple of years ago they redistricted to where there was two majority black districts. They're saying that they need to redistrict this again because that's race based and not census based. Take that for what you want. Honestly, I don't know. I don't have any real fear of Louisiana becoming a blue state. As far as federal elections go. State elections kind of swing one way or another. We have Democrat governors sometimes and Republican governors others. That kind of goes up in the air depending on who the candidates are. To be honest with you, but yeah, apparently Louisiana is possibly also having some jerrymandering issues, and uh, the Supreme Court is weighing in on this. Say, I'm see your hand raised, brother, what you got.
Speaker 6: My question is while we did, people are trying to bring back segregation when that we all evil.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not necessarily segregation in that way. So jerry mandering, I'm trying to find a way to describe this without pictures. Essentially, it is redrawing the lines to where you get more votes that look like they're swaying one direction rather than another. A vote is a vote is a vote, and it counts this way. But they are saying that the black vote is going to be made lesser by redrawing the maps to where instead of having two majority black districts who are voting on behalf of all of the African American population in Louisiana according to these people, which is incorrect, but whatever, they're saying that the black vote will not be counted as much. And I understand what they're saying. Jerry Mandering has been done very very bad, bad, bad, bad things in the past. I'm not taking away from that. But again, more and more black voters in this state are swapping sides, So having two majority black districts, I don't think it's going to help the cause. From the left versus right, conversation like they think it will. But you know, I'm I'm all for rezoning when it's needed, especially in this state. There is so much movement that has happened in the last twenty years. Certain cities, Okay, New Orleans and Baton Rouge and Shreveport are always going to be majority black cities. I get that. But if you look parish to perish, what other states have, like county to county, it's not so segregated like it once was. I mean, hell, Livingston Parish, it's not too far from me. At one point was very, very heavily white based, and it was very racial. As a matter of fact, it was very racist. It was seen as like the last stronghold for the Klan in this state. Right that is no longer the case, and there are more and more black people that are moving out that way, and they're not doing it because of you know, gentrification or whatever else. The opportunities in Louisiana are more equal now than they've ever been, and you have people, regardless of whatever race, they are making equal money to white people, so they're able to move into the same areas that white people are living. We have a real melting pot that is going on in this day right now, which I am all for for the record. So for them to redraw these maps to make more black districts, they're using race as their motivating factor, and I think that's just wrong. But I know that I'm looking at it from my own vantage point here. But Tony, go ahead, brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pall politics is friend enemy and just the basic definition of jerrymandering is that depending on how you draw the boundaries, you could take a fifty to fifty Republican versus Democrat state and you could get like ninety percent of the House representatives to be Republican just by drawing the boundaries a certain way, or ninety percent Democrat just by drawing the boundaries a certain way. And since there's an obvious beneficiary to any kind of drawing in the boundaries, the other party is always going to see it is unfair. As for segregation and everything, yeah, I'm glad that we don't have mandatory segregation. But here's the big butt. You know, some people do really well in a non segregated, integrated environment, other people not so much. Some people do want some segregation, not just white people either. So there's been some black movement to you know, creating their own spaces for example, black only dormitories or the Black National Anthem being serving sporting events. And I don't know if I'm in favor of that, but it just goes to show that it's not one size fits all. I think like eighty percent of people can get by really well in an integrated culture, but there's always like twenty percent that won't. And if having some Blacks only spaces or some whites only spaces even today in modern day America, would help them, maybe it's okay.
Speaker 1: To do that. I get what you're saying. And there are certain cultures that do well in de facto segregation, not d joro right, Dajora being the one where there's legal there's laws in place saying that you can only live here, you can only work these jobs based off of your race. De facto segregation is more just like this culture and society in this one city is inherently very Latin based, and that's just how it goes because that just happens to be where all the Latin people move to or all the black people live in this city, and that just makes it what it is. Fine. I don't have a problem with that. But what I'm saying is redrawing the lines based off of race alone. That leads down this road where they think that the majority black districts are only going to vote Democrat, and that is simply not the case. That may be the case in some places, that may be the case in a lot of places. I can speak pretty intelligently on this one in Louisiana, even though, Yeah, if you were to look at the census and see how many Black Louisianians are registered Democrat, but then you also compare that to how they voted in the last two elections for state and for federal, it's not gonna work out the way that they hope it will. But you know, it's an attempt. I see what you're saying. Some cultures benefit from segregation in some way, shape or form, some benefit from integration. I am personally of the belief, and I could be wrong here. I don't know. I'm not an expert in all things. I am of the opinion that America has done our best when the integration came into play. I don't know. Maybe I'm just completely off my rocker on that one. But ever since the Civil Rights Acts, and ever since the schools were integrated in all these things, I feel like we as a soil and culture have done better in certain regards and worse in certain regards. I'm aware of this, But overall, I would say that we have advanced ourselves far and beyond our for lack of better words, competition nation, competition than any other. And I'm not saying it's because of our what's the way that they were saying it's our differences that make us stronger. I think there's something to be said for that. But I also think that trying to blend everybody together to get a unified American culture is the way that we should move forward. I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: Who is assimilable today, Like even Muslims can be assimilated and people from I don't know, it's China and India that those I think India and Islam are the biggest, you know, hardest to assimilate that most people on the right consider today.
Speaker 1: So they can assimilate, but they have to leave their cultures behind. When you get to America, you take on your American identity, You become a member of this nation. You don't try to make America like the country you just left. That's the only way that this culture can thrive and move forward. I'm not saying you need to leave your religious practice behind, or leave your language at home, or any of those types of things. That's fine. Be proud of who you are and what it took to get you here. But once you get here, work towards making your home country, which would be America at that point, a better country. Don't go out of your way to make America more like Mexico, or more like India, or more like wherever you That goes against the entire premise of coming here. That's my opinion. Anyway, I got a quick little video that's gonna break down jerrymandering a little bit better because I feel like I did a bad job explaining. Let's listen in, and this is essentially what they are trying to do in Louisiana right now.
Speaker 18: So you want to know what gerrymandering is. First, Let's start with government.
Speaker 1: One oh one.
Speaker 18: In the United States, each state elects a certain number of representatives based on the state's population. The larger population, the more representatives you have. Each representative represents a district or a geographical area, including its voters. Ideally, we want to have a range of representatives who reflect the political views of the population across the state. But how do we decide who gets to vote for each representative. Let's look at an example. Suppose we have a very tiny state of fifty people. Thirty of them belong to the Blue Party and twenty belong to the Red Party, and just our luck, they all live in a nice even grid, with Blues on one side of the state and Reds on the other. Now, let's say we need to divide the state into five districts. Each district will send one representative to the House to represent the people. Fortunately, because our citizens live in a neatly ordered grid, it's easy to draw five lengthy districts, two for the Reds and three for the Blues. Voila perfectly proportional representation, just as the founders intended.
Speaker 1: Now, let's say instead that.
Speaker 18: The Blue Party controls the state government and they get to decide how the lines are drawn. Rather than draw districts of horizontals, they draw them vertically, so that in each district there are six Blues and four Reds, with a comfortable blue majority in the state. Each district elects a Blue candidate to the House, the Blues win five seats and the Reds don't get a single one. Oh well, finally, what if the Red party controls the state government. The Reds know they're at a numerical disadvantage, but with some creative boundary drawing, they can slice the Blue population up such that they only get a majority in two districts. So despite making up forty percent of the population, the Reds win sixty percent of the seats.
Speaker 1: Not that This.
Speaker 18: Process of redrawing district lines to give an advantage to one party over another is called jerrymandering, and it's nothing new. The term jerrymander is named after early nineteenth century Massachusetts governor Elbridge Jerry, who redrew the map of the Senate's districts in eighteen ten in order to weaken the opposing Federalist Party. Our example is, of course a huge simplification. In the real world, people don't live in neatly ordered grids sorded by plays party. But for politicians looking to give themselves an advantage at redistricting time, the process is exactly the same and the consequences are very real. Jerrymandering is at least partly to blame for lopsided representation in the House seen in recent elections, and it's been argued by the President for political polarization since representatives don't have to compromise hardline views in order to win seats.
Speaker 1: And there we have it. So I think you did a way better job of explaining it than I did. But so again, Jerry mannering is nothing new. Redrawing the maps are nothing new. But yeah, this is apparently what they're trying to go through in Louisiana, and the Supreme Court has to weigh in on it. And also for the record, Tony, with the example that we gave earlier, as far as like foreign assimilation, I feel the same way as far as like California transplants moving to Texas and trying to make Texas more like California. Like this is right. I know. Wait, you're a California transplant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I grew up in California until I was thirty one to move to Texas.
Speaker 1: But do you vote like Californians or do you vote to keep Texas like Texas?
Speaker 2: No, I've always voted to libertarian and Republican.
Speaker 1: That's my point. You didn't come to California, or you didn't come to Texas trying to make it more like La. You came knowing that Texas is Texas, and if you want to keep it that way, you have to vote a certain way.
Speaker 2: So okay, well I got one other thought here. You know, California was more Republican when I was born than Texas is now. So Texas, unfortunately, as much as I love it and it's like the best state in so many ways, it's going to go the way California eventually. I hate to say it, but the whole US is a little screwed in that regard. Everything goes to the left with time. And I hate to be, you know, so doom pilled on this, but I just that's the way I see things going eventually, and I hate it.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, and I don't like it either. And to your point, for the record, California is majority red, like hands down. But if you look at population density and the big cities and how those dishes have been jerrymandered, this that makes the state inherently blue. The vast majority of people that live in California are hard line Republicans. It's the big cities and the surrounding areas that make it the blue state that it is, and Texas is going through their own version of that right now. And to that point, California and Texas just went through their own map redrawings last or this year, as a matter of fact, so it's it's just a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Territorially, California is definitely very red. When you look at the map, I'd say the population is more like sixty percent Democrats, so it is a pretty large majority Democrat. And yet that forty percent of Republicans is still so big. There's more Republicans in California than there are in Texas, because California's population is about forty million, Texas is about twenty five. Yeah, in Texas, unfortunately it's gone a little purple recently. But yeah, in California there's still a surprising number of Republicans that most people aren't aware of.
Speaker 1: That's very true. It's very true. And again I'm hoping and praying to the Good Lord that Texas stays red. I agree with your statement, by the way, I don't want to be doom pilled. I want to get high on hopium over here. But at the same time, the facts of the facts, and if the trajectory that they have been on for the last few years continues down that way, it's only a matter of time. Texas was way more purple in the last elections than I think we've ever seen in our lifetime. Given another twenty years, thirty maybe and Texas might very well become a blue state and it will be a sad day. But anyway, all right, moving on from the conversation about politics, kind of but still in line with administrational changes and things. I don't know who's heard about this, but apparently there is about to be a Katari Air Force base built in Idaho. Now let's break this down because we're hearing a lot of conflicting reports here. There are some that are saying that it is going to be an American Air Force base that is used primarily to cross train kataripilots or cutter. I keep hearing that use that way whatever Katari pilots on the I think it's the F fifteen platform, which is what they primarily use over there, which is fine, is a great training jet. And so this base is going to be kind of seen as a joint force base for our international allies. But it's going to be a US Air Force base. Then there are others that are saying Katar is going to own the land itself, that this is on and they're going to have Katari troops stationed there year round. And we now have a foreign government with a military base on US soil, which is mind blowing that. Let's get into the article here. This is from Air Force Times dot com. Let's hear what the Secretary of War has to say on this. The War secretary that keep saying to Secretary, I swear to God. It's like these people can't read. The War Secretary's announcement that the United States would allow Qatar to build an air Force facility in Idaho was in the works for years, and mirrors accommodations made for a handful of other allies in the country. A US Air Force spokesperson told The Military Times on Tuesday, again, not Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth. War Secretary Pete Hegseth said Friday during a meeting that the Pentagon, or at the Pentagon with his Katari counterpart, sowed then obdural Abdul Rahman Althani good Lord, that Mountain Home Air Force Base will host a contingent of Katari F fifteens and pilots to enhance our combined training and increase lethality interoperationally. After criticism from prominent figures in the GOP's magabase, including right wing personality Laura Lumer, which I'm sorry, I am not a fan of Laura Lumer even a little bit. God, I'm gonna go on a quick side tangent about this human being. She is essentially a conservative. I'm gonna call her a content creator, and I mean that in a very demeaning way. And she is also one of these people that has Trump derangement syndrome on the other side of it, to think that everything that Trump says is as if it's the word of God himself. Okay, that being said, there's a Medal of Honor recipient that is a Democrat, and that's fine. Uh, she basically went on this whole spree of shitting on this guy and calling his service essentially bullshit. Keep in mind, he is awarded the Medal of Honor for some gangster shit that he did overseas for our country. But because he's listed as a Democrat, she decided to go ahead and try to take shots at this guy so on behalf of anybody that actually gives a fuck. Fuck Laura Lumer. Just so we're all clear, moving on, including right wing personality Laura Lumer. Qatar's media attache in the United States later clarified that a standalone Katari air base will not exist, reiterating that Qatar will have a facility at an existing US base. US Air Force spokesperson and Stephanick hope I pronounced that one right said that the service notified Congress about its intent to make a foreign military sale to Qatar in twenty seventeen, during President Trump's first term. An environmental assessment was made in twenty twenty two at Mountain Home Air Force Base, where Singapore already has an F fifteen training facility that was established in two thousand and nine. Stephanick added Mountain Home is not only is not the only air Force base in America or on American soil with facilities owned and operated by foreign allies. The EUNATO Joint Jet Pilot Pro Training Program in Shepherd Air Force Base in Texas hosts allies including Germany, Italy, Norway, and the Netherlands. Singapore is another facility on Luke Air Force base in Arizona that will soon move to Ebbing Air National Guard Base in Arkansas. According to the US Air Force, they paid for it, and we build it and secure it. Stepanek said. Military leaders hailed a ribbon cutting for the new facility at Ebbing in September of twenty twenty four. The Air National Form military sale of F thirty five pilot training center is being funded and occupied by allies including Poland, Finland, Singapore, and Germany, with Poland graduating its first pilots from the training center in May of this year. City and local military officials in Mountain Home, Idaho holiday news conference Tuesday to address questions about last week's announcement of a new katar Amiri Air Force training facility at the nearby base. Direct quote here, I think the keyword here is hosting. We are excited to host the Katari's and partner with the Mountain Home Air Force Base. Colonel Michael A. Perez, commander of the three hundred and sixty six Maintenance Group at the base, tot reporters. This is nothing new. This has been in the works as far back as twenty seventeen. City representatives and US military officials visit Qatar on in May Rather in twenty twenty three to discuss the Katari Air Force's needs and expectations. Mountain Home Mayor Rich Sykes said, so, to put it to rest here, Qatar is not going to own a base in the United States. They are going to own a building at a United States Air Force owned facility. And again this is not like it's crazy. We have had multiple countries do very similar things. And you know, Qatar is an ally of ours. I mean, yes, I understand that people are gonna throw shades their way because they're a Muslim country. I get it. Okay, fine, fine, have your opinions on this, But Qatar is a homie. I mean, they already have Patriot missile systems there. That was a whole thing we talked about whenever the Iran strikes happened on their nuclear facilities. Iran started firing at Katar. It's not this is an ally of ours. So I see the need for some cross training, especially when it comes to some of our more high tech platforms, like the F thirty fives that is going out like hotcakes right now. America just gave the designation to Lockheed Martin to build two hundred and ninety six more f thirty fives. So with that being said, some cross training with our allies I think is not necessarily a negative thing. However, I completely understand people having a little bit of hesitancy towards the conversation. But let's get into it here. It's this is from KGW News as headlines swirl. Qatar won't have separate military bases in Idaho. Let's listen in that a.
Speaker 19: Foreign country could soon have a military base right here in the northwest in Idaho, about fifty miles southeast of Boise. Secretary Pete Hegseth made the announcement Friday alongside leadership of the Middle Eastern country we're talking about here, Qatar.
Speaker 20: Today, we're announcing or signing a letter of acceptance to build a Katari Emi Air Force facility at the Mountain Home.
Speaker 1: Air Base in Idaho. Location will be host.
Speaker 20: To contingent of Katari F fifteen's and pilots to enhance our combined training, increase lethality, interoperability. Is just another example of our partnership.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 19: Of course, in the wake of that announcement, social media was ablaze with reaction from both sides of the aisle, and while the announcement appears to mark the first time a foreign country will have its own base on US soil, there's a lot of context missing if you only hear that part and not the rest of the story. So let's dive in. Qatar will not have its own separate base. It will be a group of buildings to handle training and maintenance for Katari troops at the US Air Force Mountain home Base. A US Air Force spokesperson says security at the base itself will continue to be handled by US forces, requiring proper credentials to enter and things like that. In fact, that same base in Idaho has hosted a squadron of fighter jets from Singapore since two thousand and eight. Secretary Hegseth even posted on social media Friday night, writing, in part, to be clear, Qatar will not have their own base in the United States, nor anything like a base. We control the existing base like we do with all partners. It's also worth noting this agreement with Qatar has been in the works for several years. The country decided to buy the fighter jets from a US government program called Foreign Military Sales back in twenty seventeen. The US Air Force says discussions to train Katari troops on those jets began shortly thereafter, around twenty twenty, work began on an environmental assessment to look it impacts to the area for Qatari facilities, and that assessment was completed in twenty twenty two. That's what you're looking at here. And on the flip side, Katar hosts a US air base in the Middle East with roughly ten thousand American troops. So that's more of the background leading up to Friday's announcement. But there's been movement recently between the countries as well. Two weeks ago, President Trump signed an executive order guaranteeing the security security of Qatar, which is not a member of NATO. Shortly after that, the Israeli government and Hamas agreed to a peace deal, which Qatar was involved with. But why allow Qatar to have a military presence in the US. It's a thorny issue, no doubt. Qatar has been accused of financing terrorist organizations and has played both sides of the fence when it comes to Israel and Jamas. But as many of you remember, the news of these Katari facilities in the US is not the first flight related news involving the country and the current administration. In the White House, Cutter asked for anything in exchange for that four hundred million dollar luxury jumbo jet, and how can the American people be so sure that they will.
Speaker 1: Not in the future.
Speaker 14: Well, I think what happens with the plane is that, you know, we're very disappointed that it's taken Boeing so long to build a new air Force one. You know, we have an air Force one that's forty years old.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of.
Speaker 14: Respect for the leadership and for the leader guitar, and I think they very nice. They knew about it because they buy Boeings. They buy a lot of Boeings, and they knew about it, and they said, we would like to do something, and if we can get a seven forty seven as a contribution to our defense department to use during a couple of years while they're building the other ones. I think that was a very nice gesture. Now, I could be a stupid person to say, oh, no, we don't want a free plane. We give free things that we'll take one too. And I think this was just a gesture of good faith.
Speaker 19: Back in May the Defense Department announced it as officially accepted that luxury jet from Qatar to use as the new Air Force One. The gift drew concerns from lawmakers in both parties, but that did nothing to stop the plane's delivery. Also worth noting, a Trump branded golf course is being developed in Qatar, so that can't really be ignored here either, as the Trump Organization's business deals with foreign governments with President Trump still in office have generated questions as well. But back to the original headline here, a foreign country building a military base on US soil. Qatar will not have its own base, but it will have its own facilities as part of a US Air Force base.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there we go a little bit more in depth on this. And yes, it is worth noting that Qatar just donated the new Air Force one to Trump. It's a very lavish, expensive gift. Perhaps that was something to be said. As far as greasing the wheels goes with this new military joint venture, I don't know that for a fact, but it makes sense on paper. But again, this is not unprecedented. There are multiple countries that are allies of ours that have done very similar things. Now, Qatar is an interesting case because they have been seen as riding the fence when it comes to for instance, Gaza, and there is a couple of claims that have been made about them funding and supporting terrorist organizations. Then also they have a lot of a military personnel from the United States station there. We have a base in Qatar, so kind of interesting. I understand people's hesitation, I really do, and I'm not saying it's not you know, it's not unfounded. But I also am of the belief that when you look at the amount of Katari money that is being spent on US politicians right now, not just the air Force one gift, I mean legislators, congressmen, senators, all of these people, representatives, A lot of people want to draw comparisons about or or at least draw attention to Ape and sure we should do that. Qatar is out spending Israel right now by leaps and bounds. As far as buying American politicians, I feel like that also might have something to do with the greasing of the wheels to get this pushed through. Anyway, moving on, while we're still talking about aircraft and bases and things, and we're not gonna spend too much time on this. But did anybody hear about the mysterious aircraft crash near Area fifty one in October of this year? Now, well, let's learn about it together. Mysterious aircraft crash near Area fifty one just got weirder. The incident in the Nevada Desert prompted flight restrictions over the crash site, and now a joint investigation with the FBI. This article was published October sixth of twenty twenty five. Let's get into it here. Details are man scant about an unspecified US Air Force aircraft widely believed to be a drone of some kind, which came down in southern Nevada not far from Area fifty one nearly two weeks ago. Whether the aircraft was ever actually inside Area fifty one's highly restricted airspace, also known as the Box, is unknown. The mishap prompted authorities to temporarily close the airspace above the crash site with some exemptions, while the wreckage was cleared. In a bizarre twist of events, the US Air Force has publicly disclosed that it and the FBI are now investigating apparent strange tamperings at the crash site afterwards. This crash happened on September twenty third. Let's get into it. On September twenty third, twenty twenty five, an aircraft assigned to the four hundred and thirty second Air Wing was involved in an incident with no fatalities or injuries, the wings public affairs officers released in the statement regarding the incident on October fourth. The site was secured and guarded until recovery and clean up operations were completed on September twenty second. Excuse me, twenty seventh. The four hundred and thirty second Wing is headquartered at Creech Air Force Base. The flying squadron assigned to the four to thirty second are primarily equipped with MQ nine Reaper drones, but this is not the only type of aircraft the wing operates, as we will come to learn later on. This is a picture of the MQ nine Reaper, by the way. During a follow on site survey on October third, investigators discovered signs of tampering at the mishap location, including the presence of an inert training bomb body and an aircraft panel of unknown origin that were placed on the site post incident. The release put out this past weekend. At it the matter is under investigation by the Air Force and special investigations in the FBI. No further details are available at this time. So again they go more in depth with it all, and I feel like we might even make a cult conspiracy episode talking about this event. But I just wanted to make a mention of this. No, I'm not saying this was alien craft. I'm also not not saying it, but it's interesting that there is yet another random, crazy, questionable crack near Area fifty one in Nevada. So I just thought it would be fun to bring that up to kind of break up the the more negative conversations that we are having. Now, there is a video that has been making its way around the interwebs. Hamas gunman are carrying out public executions right now. This ties into Hamas carrying out public executions of one hundreds of victims last week. But let's talk about it a little more in depth, because out loud that sounds wild. Let's learn about this. We're gonna listen to Sky News Australia just for a few minutes of this, and then we're gonna get into some articles breaking down what this is and why these executions are taking place. Let's learn together.
Speaker 21: A graphic video has shown Hamas fighters conducting a public execution of alleged Israeli collaborators. The footage here shows Hamas gunman lining up seven men in a public square and shooting them from behind. Hamas confirmed the authenticity of the video.
Speaker 1: The group told Reuters they.
Speaker 21: Will not be tolerated any violations of ordering. Gaza Palestinian security sources say dozens of people have been killed and clashes between Hamas fighters and rival tribal groups in recent days.
Speaker 22: It depends on what level you want to go down to. But you know you've got Hamas and allied groups who are, if you like, of an Islamist stamp. You've also got non Islamist, hardline Palestinians who reject any accommodation with Israel. And then you've got some groups who are not allied with Hamas. And then you've got clans and families. In many cases those people are against Hamas as well.
Speaker 21: So what you got there is a power vacuum. We've seen this before. Joining us live on our Wednesday morning is our panel with two men with experience in intelligence communities in ca Labor MP Julian here, Liberal MP Philip Thompson. Good morning to you both. So, Julian, I'll start with you here. How concerned are you about a war if you like within.
Speaker 23: A war, war, a war within a war, pain, a.
Speaker 21: War within a war. You've got a war within a war if you want me to spell it out. You've got a small kind of civil war between these rival groups in Gaza, now that small picture, while you've got the bigger war which Donald Trump now has conceded.
Speaker 23: Is over happy to comment on that. I thought you're talking about the Coalition and the Liberal Party and their civil war. Look, that video is disgusting and it reinforces the position the government's taken to listen to MASS as a terrorist group and make clear that they can have no role in the future governance of a Palestinian state.
Speaker 21: Philip, as someone who knows a bit about warfare, what do you make of this power vacuum?
Speaker 24: Well, it's quite concerning. And hearing from President Trump earlier saying that if a mass doesn't disarm, he'll disarm them, it is very concerning to see that there is conflict that is bubbled up over again and execution's happening. We should be keeping a close eye on it because if it isn't controlled, it will explode into militia style conflict throughout the regions and something that we don't want to see, especially in times of peace.
Speaker 21: Talking yeah, I mean this is what we'd be phasing if we went in with peacekeeping troops. John o'duanneam supported that yesterday. If we were asked big caveat there, would you support that? Phillip peacekeeping troops to Gaza.
Speaker 1: I think it's a.
Speaker 24: Bit early right now to be talking about setting Australians as peacekeepers, especially since we're only now seeing the release of hostages. Not all of the bodies of the hostages have been released. It's still in turmoil and conflict and things like that. It will put people in danger. And if you're going over to be a peacekeeper, it's not supposed to be in a kinetic role. You're not supposed to be gunfighting. You're supposed to be there to make sure that the peace is stable and happening. With linking backs to the NAT, the UN, the US, I don't think we're there yet because of these public executions. If Australians were there now, it would be a kinetic fight and it would draw in every other nation. So I think we've got to watch this from a distance, but also make sure that we're standing closely with our allies in the US and the UK and offer support where they think it's needed. But right now we'd been in a gunfight.
Speaker 9: How would you feel about peacekeepers, Julian, I mean the government would consider any requests for contributions to international efforts in the normal way. I'll make one point I've said for years, I think on your show, Pete, in forums and elsewhere, that my view about this decade's old conflict is that it will only end when the world sets limits to the conflict and intervenes collectively to guarantee the security of the State of Israel and the Palestinian state.
Speaker 1: So, yes, there was public executions. Hamas was doing it to Palestinian people. They were saying that these were Israeli sympathizers for lack of better words. They had their own claims as far as what these people were, and look, this is a group that is carrying out their own justice on their land. And I get that. But also for everybody that thinks that you know, these poor gosins were not being repressed or you know, in any way by Hamas. It's not a good look. And Hamas even came out later and said, no, that was absolutely us. We were absolutely doing public executions in the street. Again, not a good look. And there is currently a power vacuum in Gaza because Hamas was the ruling faction. Yes, they had elected leaders, but they were put there by Hamas. Okay, now Hamas has lost power quote unquote, and I am hoping that they will stay without power in this area. We shall see how this plays out. But let's get into the BBC article here. Footage shows public executions in Gaza city streets. Footage has emerged showing the public executions of three men accused of being Israeli collaborators in Gaza City. This was published, I should mention on October twenty second. This is before the six men that we just saw being publicly executed as well, So there is a mass of public executions that are going on here. BBC Verify has verified wow that the location of the executions was on a street outside of Shifa Hospital in the center of the city, which is the focus of a major Israeli ground offensive. Video circulating on Sunday evening showed at least five armed, armed and masked men, three blind, blindfolded Palestinian men kneeling on the ground, and a large crowd. One of the armed men is heard saying the death sentence has been decided for all collaborators. There are cheers before the three men are pushed to the ground and shot several times in the back of the head. The crowd then praises Hamas armed wing the Casam brigades. The Palaestinian security official from the Hamas run Gaza government told Reuters that the execution were carried out by the Joint Operations Room of Palestinian Resistance. This is a rare instance in which a public execution in Gaza has been captured on video. There have been previous reports of Hamas using violence on those who dissent. In May, Hamas led groups are poorly executed four Palestinians for looting aid trucks Okay. In Sunday's footage, one armed man singles out Yasir Abu Shabab as a major collaborator who they seek to kill. Abu Shabab is a major figurehead of a clan which has reportedly been armed by the Israeli government. It has been operating in Rafa, in an area under Israeli military control. The group has presented itself as an opposition forced to Hamas. So again, depending on what narrative you'll get, Gaza is only just anti Israel, and there's nobody in Gaza that does not like Hamas. That is certifiably not true. I mean, that's it's the wherever you go, there's gonna be leading faction, there's gonna be people that do not like that leading faction. So the media has skewed and spun a lot of this narrative as far as Gaza is concerned, some of it some of it very purposely done to make Hamas look like victims and all this, and it's crazy to me. The victims of this entire conflict have been the civilian population in the Gaza strip. Hamas have been the bad guys. The IDF have been the bad guys. The civilian population who wanted none of this smoke are the only ones that have really suffered. I'm gonna just call it now, but anyway, in July, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu confirmed that Israel was arming clans in Gaza that he said were opposed to Hamas. However, Yaser Abu Shabab posted online to categorically reject that Israel had supplied his group's weapons. Okay, so Hamas just doesn't like this guy and his claiming that he is Israeli aligned whenever he himself said that's not true. That same month, a senior officer in Hamas's security forces told the bb SEE that the Palestinian Armed Group had lost much of its control over the Gaza Strip and that armed clans were filling the void. Aboushabab's armed group has been advertising for recruits on social media, was reported. The news agency quoted residents and sources close to Hamas As saying that other groups opposed to Hamas had also emerged in parts of northern Gaza and near Khan Yunis in southern Gaza. Israeli troops, meanwhile, have continued to operate in Gaza City. The Israeli military said troops had dismantled military infrastructure used by Hamas and killed a Hamas cell that had attacked Israeli soldiers, wounding an officer. It is said that its objectives are to free the hostages still held by Hamas and defeat up to three thousand fighters in what it has described as the group's main stronghold. However, the offensive in Gaza's biggest urban area, where one million people were living and a famine was confirmed last month, has drawn widespread international condemnation. Last week, a spokesperson for the UN's Humanitarian Office said she had seen a constant stream of Palestinians heading south during a recent visit to the city, but that hundreds of thousands remained in the city. She described the situation as cataclysmic. The Israeli military launched a campaign in Gaza to response to the Israelis attack on southern Israel on October seventh, twenty twenty three, in which about twelve hundred people were killed and two hundred and fifty one were taken hostage. At least sixty five thousand, three hundred and forty four people have been killed in Israeli attacks and Gaza since then, according to the territories Hamas run health Ministry. Now, all of that being said, as of this moment, HAMAS says that it has returned all Israeli hostages that it can recover, living and dead. This was posted five hours ago. Let's listen in This is from CBS News.
Speaker 12: And Hamas says it has returned all of the Israeli hostages that it is able to recover, living and dead. That would mean the remains of nearly two dozen people kidnapped on October seventh, twenty twenty three, they never come home. Barbara Plutt, Usher with our partners at BBC News, has.
Speaker 25: More a dispute over the remains of the dead hostages is shaking up the ceasefire here. Israel had said that Hamas wasn't handing over enough bodies fast enough, and it threatened to restrict the flow of aid into Gaza. Hamas responded by handing over a few more, including two of them on Wednesday night. But now it's saying that's all it can do for now. It says it's committed to the ceasefire deal, but locating and recovering the rest of the bodies is going to be a major effort and will require special equipment. Now, it was understood that finding some of the bodies would be quite difficult because of the ruins and rubble of Gaza. But Hamas has only handed over nine. There are still nineteen left and in Gaza, Palestinians are worried that any further delays will cut off the flow of aid. They have been stockpiling what food there is and the prices have really been rising. Under the deal, Israel is also supposed to hand back the bodies of Palestinian prisoners. So far it has returned ninety, but the hospital is struggling to identify some of them because they came with numbers, not names, and the doctor in charge says that some of them are unrecognizable.
Speaker 12: Back to you, Barbara Flett Usher, thank you.
Speaker 1: So we shall see what happens with this. Is this going to be the thing that makes the conflict kick back off because they're not returning all the bodies? Are they going to find some other thing to keep the flames of this conflict alive? And well? Are they going to let cooler heads prevail finally and let the ceasefire continue? I don't know. I don't know, Tony. You have a couple of different opinions on this. I'm sure what is your take on this?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was still stuck back in the Gaza situation. I saw a lot of people actually saying, oh yeah, Hamas was totally right to execute those people, and I didn't look into it a huge amount. They blamed them for price gouging, which is something that I don't believe is wrong in the first place, and collaborating with Israel, which may be true but also may not be true. There's an enormous amount of pressure on the people who lived there. And also I think they're very PTSD. There's a lot of PTSD in Gaza, so they are going to be less inhibited in killing each other now than they would have been otherwise because they've seen so much death and this is just kind of something they're inured to now, if that's the right word. They're kind of numb to it. But you're asking about the Taliban and Pakistan.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I was asking about Gaza. I was asking you what your take was on Gaza. But we're going to get to Afghanistan and Pakistan here in a moment. But before we get there, I did want to check out the chat and I did want to hear in from any of you that have any opinions on what we have covered thus far. And I know that you Tony or somebody that keeps your finger on the pulse for geopolitical things. So I was wondering what your take was on the Hamas. I don't want to use the term death squad because I feel like that's not exactly accurate, but them seeking their own specific brand of justice for Israeli collaborators, and I also could get that point right, So like, if these people are aligning themselves with Hamasa's enemy, executions are to be expected. But I'm also wondering if that is going to be used as more provocation to keep the conflict going even further aligned. Aside from the bodies not being recovered and returned to Israel and all that, the public executions are not a good look as far as showing that they nobody wants Amasa to continue to be the reigning power in Gaza. But this shows that they still have power in Gaza. So do you think that that might also play into Israel showing even more of a military presence in this area going forward.
Speaker 2: Well, I bet I bet that half the population of Gaza still will want Hamas in power. It's gonna be hard to tell. But like the North Korea, I believe that Kim Jong un is legitimately popular there. And even if you didn't put a gun to people's heads, they would still say, oh, yeah, he's our guy. He's the only guy they can imagine as his leader. And it's probably similar with Hamas. Another thought that pops into my mind is there are a lot of executions at the end of World War Two by the Allied side and the Axis side when they could do it too, right before they lost power. It's kind of sad that that's just how people, the behavior people drift into when there's a lot of death around, they must feel like it's going to solve problems. And I think it's kind of ironic that the Europeans, at least my whole life, have been very anti death penalty and they really look down on Americans for it. But just in living memory, it's fading now, But at the end of the World War Two they were still executing people with guillotines.
Speaker 1: The French last guillotine death happened in like the seventies.
Speaker 2: Death penalty until nineteen seventy.
Speaker 1: Seven, yeah, seventy seven.
Speaker 2: In fact, Japan still exercises the death penalty. Yeah, I mean they haven't. I think Japan had a moratorium on it in like twenty eighteen way more recently than you would have expected, and it's still on the books over there. But and China still does it. But yeah, yeah, Gaza having the death penalty, maybe it shocks Western Europeans, but it really shouldn't shock most people.
Speaker 1: In Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: Doesn't Reel have the death penalty.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they do. I believe they do, but I think it has to be. It can't just be for like, you know, a string of bank robberies or anything like that. It has to be basically an attack on Israel itself. Yeah, they I could. I don't. I can't even imagine them not having the death pane, to be completely honest with you. With net and Yahoo in charge, there's no way. There's no way. But I don't know. But yeah, so I'm with you. I'm not against people getting their justice by any means. Of course, I'm not pro Hamas here, and I don't think that Hamas is like the good guys in executing these people. But I understand that I also have my own biases as far as that's concerned. It's not the executions that have a problem with Yeah, I think I am against the death penalty, just in principle, I could go either ray on it.
Speaker 2: I'm not super strongly opinionated on it. The people who say that, well, you're not pro life unless you're also against the death penalty, I think that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's way more important issues out there than the death penalty ward peace and abortion, and there's a whole host of other issues. How many people die of the death penalty every year worldwide? Maybe a few dozen or hundred, right, and they mostly deserve it, right, you know, I'm not going to cry too hard about them.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you one hundred percent. But I am curious how that's gonna shake out. As far as the Israel Gaza conflict is concerned, I don't know for a fact that Israel is going to use that as justification to continue pushing further in with a military presence. I don't know if they're gonna use the issue with the recovering of bodies of captives as provocation either. I'm hoping that cooler heads can prevail and that this whole situation can be put to rest in whatever the hell that looks like moving forward. But I also don't believe that net Yahoo is satisfied. So I wouldn't be surprised if he looks for any and all reasons as provocation to continue to push. But we shall see, we shall see how things shake out. And to all the people listening to the Cajun Night, I know there's thousands of you listening. As a matter of fact, I look at the analytics. I know what's happening. You would need to be a part of this conversation. Go to link in the description below and join us at Cajun Night on Patreon to join us every Wednesday night to let us hear what you think about the conversation. But moving forward, let's talk about Afghanistan and Pakistan. All right. So both the articles I have pulled up from this are from Al Jazeera. Yes, I understand they have their biases as far as things are concerned, But that being said, I think it's worth listening. So real quick, we got a four minute video that we're going to play here. This article doesn't do a really great job all the way down, is more like a blog post. I do have an article that we're going to talk about here in a moment, but right now, let's hear from this video here. It's a four minute long video describing what is going down right now.
Speaker 26: Taliban and Pakistani forces have traded five across the Afghan border, with Taliban officials saying their forces captured three Pakistani military outposts. Taliban said the attack represents a retaliation for what it calls a violation of its sovereignty on Thursday with air strikes on the capital Kabul. Pakistan has long accused of Askanisan of harboring armed groups that carry out attacks inside its territory. Islamabad also said its forces destroyed Taliban outposts. Afghanistan's foreign ministers said on Friday relations with his country must go through proper diplomatic channels.
Speaker 27: Afghanistani, could you be no foreign military has ever been accepted by the people of Afghanistan and they still don't accept it. This is our decision that Afghanistan is a free and independent country and after this it will remain free and independent. If countries want to have relations with us, they can come to the diplomatic mission, but we don't accept them in military uniform.
Speaker 26: Kamal Haida joins US live now from Islamabid with the latest on this developing story. Come on what is actually going on here?
Speaker 28: Well, First of all, It's important to note that there's a little bit of a background here, and that is the fact that Pakistan had repeatedly, as you mentioned, told the Afghan side that they must restrain and prevent the grot bordered attacks because under the Dohai Agreement, the Afgran Taliban had assured that their soil would not be used in attacks on any country. So importantly, the Pakistanis told the Avrans that they must do something on several occasions. However, they did not get a firm reply, and in the past week, Pakistan lost almost two dozen of its security forces personnel, including officers, in attacks carried out near the Afgran border. Pakistan had said that it would retaliate and take massage into its own hand after those reports of air incursions into Afghan airspace. The Taliban said that they were launching a reprisal attack, after which the Pakistanis retaliated with heavy artillery fire as well. They're claiming that they have taken over nineteen posts from the Avrans on that border area. And also the fact that this comes at a time when the Afghan foreign Minister Mutaki is in Delhi, which Pakistan viewed with suspicion because of its deteriorating relationship with India. Pakistan continues to maintain that these ttp fighters are directly getting support from the Indian intelligence.
Speaker 26: Come on, the Taliban and Pakistan have had quite close ties though in the past.
Speaker 28: Indeed, it is alarming because over the past, after this new government took over, and we're talking about Taliban one point oh and this is Taliban two point oh, it has changed a lot. There are restrictions inside Afghanistan on women's education, women's rights, and of course the fact that Afghanistan, according to Pakistan, has not been able to live up to its promises of preventing their territory being you their sanctuaries for carrying out the attacks against Pakistan, so that relationship has now starved. Pakistan says that it does not take kindly to this new growing nexus between New Delhi and Kabbal and of course, Pakistan said that it will retaliate in kind whenever provoked. This is of course a dangerous crisis because both countries have economic issues, both countries have a history of friendship and brotherhood, and of course friendly countries are now asking Pakistan and Afghanistan. Saudi Arabia Cutter even the Iranian foreign minister saying that both sides must exercise maximum restraint and try to solve this diplomatically.
Speaker 1: Come on, thank you very much. Come on, hid there in all right? So let's read in a little bit here updates. Afghanistan's Taliban and Pakistan say border clashes killed dozens. Some of the keynotes that we need to talk about what happened today as we closed the live page soon. Pakistan's military says it has killed more than two hundred Taliban and other fighters in an overnight border clash, adding that twenty three of its soldiers were killed and twenty were injured. It added that its forces carried out infrastructure damages to Taliban posts, camps, headquarters and support networks. Afghanistan claims it killed fifty eight Pakistani soldiers in the fighting. Afghani Foreign Minister Amir Khan Matiki says Kabul achieved our military objectives last night and that its military has paused the fighting from our side for the time being. Katar and Saudi Arabia have expressed deep concern over the recent escalation and tensions along the border, calling for restraint and the need to be to de escalate Iran said it was ready to assist in easing tensions between the two countries. Of course, Iran is there to hease the tension because they don't have any anything they need to be more pressed with anyway. So real quick, here is a map of the situation along the Afghani and Pakistani borders showing some of the conflicts that have taken place. And again, we're not gonna spend too much time into this article because it seems like it's more of a blog post than an article, but we do have another Al Jazer article pulled up talking about it. So it says that it claimed dozens of casualties in the border clashes. Let's get into it here. Pakistan's military says it killed more than two hundred Afghan Afghan fighters, while Afghanistan claimed it killed fifty eight Pakistani soldiers in cross border clashes along their frontier. A spokesperson for Afghanistan's Taliban government on Sunday said thirty other Pakistani soldiers were wounded and a significant amount of Pakistani weapons fell into Afghan hands. Now, the Taliban blames Pakistan after an explosion or explosions in Kabul amid outreach to India. Pakistani raids near Afghan border killed at least nineteen soldiers and thirty five fighters. Now, how Pakistan misread the Taliban and lost peace on the frontier, We're going to talk about that, and India to reopen its embassy in Kabul after four year hiatus amid new Taliban ties. Now, I find that also very interesting that Pakistan twice this year has been involved in border clashes with its neighbors. Just a few months ago, we were talking about the Pakistan India conflict that was going on. They basically lobbed some rockets at each other, They killed a couple of people on each side, and they decided that they were gonna cal them down with it. Now Pakistan and Afghanistan are getting after it literally just to the other side of their country. Pakistan is just becoming a whole warring nation over there, isn't it? Now? Is it their fault? Are they just responding to things that are happening to them, you'd be the judge. But also in the back burner of this, I find it interesting because China has influence in this area. They have a massive influence in India, they have a massive influence in Pakistan and a massive influence in Afghanistan because of their Belt and Road initiative. So with all this going on, just being a little bit of a conspiracy theorist here, I'm wondering if this is being orchestrated. I don't know that for a fact, but we'll see how it all shakes out anyway. Mujahid challenged the Pakistani reports, adding that nine Taliban soldiers were killed in overnight operations and nearly a dozen others were injured. Pakistan's military, on the other hand, said twenty three of its brave sons quote unquote were killed in the clashes, and officials said they closed their borders with Afghanistan. Border hostilities erupted after Thursday's explosions in Afghanistan, which the Taliban blamed on Pakistan, representing the sharpest escalation in months of strained relations over Islamabad's allegations that Afghanistan is harboring armed groups behind attacks inside Pakistan. Earlier on Sunday, Taliban said it captured three Pakistani border posts during its retaliatory attacks at several points along the border in Kunar and Hellman provinces. Oh wow, Yeah, I'm not going to try to pronounce that name. The spokesperson for the Afghan Ministry Defense said late on Saturday that the Taliban forces that carried out successful retaliatory attacks against Pakistani soldiers in response to the neighboring country's repeated violations of and airstrikes on Afghan territory. The Pakistani state media on Sunday said its forces seized nineteen Afghan border posts, citing security sources who said Afghan Taliban fighters at the post were either killed or fled. A video broadcasted by Pakistani television showed Afghan posts in flames Taliban soldiers allegedly surim during in Kuram. Radio Pakistan, citing security sources, said Pakistani forces completely destroyed the Taliban's Monajba Camp, Battalion headquarters, Jendusar Post, Turkmenzai Camp and kur Kharchar Fort. I am sorry for the mispronunciation. I speak the American English. The state broadcaster said Pakistan was targeting the hideouts of armed groups near the border with great precision. The fighting has prompted calls for restraint from Iran, Katar and Saudi Arabia. Long term consequences of this are worrying. The overnight fights marks a sharp excalation between the South Asian neighbors, coming days after an explosion in Kabul and Paktia Paktika that the Taliban government blamed on Pakistan. Islamabad did not claim responsibility for the blasts, but Defense Minister of Pakistan told parliament that enough is enough, warning Kabul of consequences for continued assaults on Pakistani forces, an unarmed Pakistani source told or excuse me. An unnamed Pakistani source told Reuters that the strike targeted the leader of the t Reek e Taliban Pakistan the TTP in Kabul. Once warm, relations between Pakistan and Afghanistan have deteriorated as islam Mama Bad has accused Coable of harboring members of the TTP and other armed groups which carry out attacks against it. The TTP or Pakistani Taliban, were formed in two thousand and seven in response to Pakistan's military operations in its tribal border regions supporting the US invasion of Afghanistan. It has since waged a deadly insurgency. Since the TTP issue has become a major sticking point in the relations between the two countries. This is an Islamabad based expert on Pakistani and Afghan armed groups told Al Jazeera the long term consequences are worrying as they will only deepen existing animosities. He said Pakistan has faced an intensified offensive from the TTP in recent months, and with Islamabad based Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies reporting the August marked the deadliest month for militant violence in more than a decade. The institute said that one hundred and ninety four people were killed and more than two hundred injured in one hundred and forty three attacks across the country. Pakistan now ranks second in the Global Terrorism Index, which evaluates countries based on the impact and consequences of attacked by or attacks by armed groups within their borders. Tens of thousands have been displaced due to the military's operations against the TCP and other armed groups. The flare up in fighting coincided with Afghan foreign minister's visit to India, signaling a potential shift in bilateral relations and provoking Pakistan, which regards New Delhi as a regional rival. Pakistan's military said in a statement that it was concerned about the timing of the fighting and said India was the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the region. Again not surprising that Pakistan would take that stance, especially seeing as how just a few months ago they were having armed conflict with India, so moving on. New Delhi denies the charge, while the Taliban says it does not allow its territory to be used against other countries. Meanwhile, the Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs called on his country's two neighbors to exercise restraint. Our position is that both sides much exercise restraint, he said, according to the report by the AFP News agency, adding that stability between the countries contributes to regional stability. Saudi Arabia two express concern. The Kingdom calls for restraint, avoiding escalation and embracing dialogue and wisdom to contribute to reducing tensions and maintaining security instability in the region. That's the Saudi Foreign Minister said that the Kingdom affirms its support for all regional and international efforts aimed at promoting peace and stability, and its continued commitment to ensure security which will achieve stability and prosperity for the brotherhood or the brotherly Pakistani and Afghan peoples. It added, so they basically had some explosions that took place. This sparked the conflict. One side blames the other, the other side blames this side. It's how this goes. So we shall see. It is not a good look. I will admit that the Taliban leader is currently in India in a little bit of a speaking engagement, while Pakistan just finished up a conflict with India and is now in a conflict with Taliban in Afghanistan. It's it's it's not a good look and of course is going to lead to them having a little bit of skepticism. As far as the Taliban's words. I don't know. I don't know how this is going to shake out. Tony. I don't know if you have an opinion on this matter, but if you do, I would love to hear it.
Speaker 2: Well, Lady Snooze, I just found on Twitter from two sources say that a forty eight hour ceasefire has just gone into effect. I guess that's good news for everyone who would have been fighting and dying in that time. And this is just a bit of a tangent. But did you hear Trump say yesterday that that Mody told him he was going to stop buying Russian oil. And I haven't heard anything to back that up that that's actually true, But I can totally understand that Mody would say something like that if it's just cheap words, and you know, maybe he'll stop like one percent of it. But that's kind of what I'm assuming it's gonna be. The end result, like, not much change on that front. I know it's kind of diverting to another topic. No, No, you're India. Kind of made me think of that.
Speaker 1: No, We're It's definitely a tangent, but not completely off based from what we're talking about. So I am mad at it. Okay, Trump saying that Mody claimed that he's gonna stop buying Russian oil. I believe that's probably more cheap words than anything else. We're talking about a bricks nation not doing trade with another bricks nation. I find that highly unlikely. Now that being said, could that also be in response to Trump putting on higher tariffs on China and India, who just got done with the whole tariff debacle with America doesn't want to continue that conversation. So did he say some cheap words to kind of bypass and subdue Trump for a bit. Did he mean these things? Was it actually ever said or is this Trump talking shit? I could say it is going a couple of different ways on that, for sure. I don't personally as of this moment, very subject to change. I do not think that India is about to stop buying Russian oil when they have had all the opportunity to stop doing this in the entire conflict between Ukraine and Russia. The world told them to stop and they basically were like, yeah, but he's selling it to us for cheap, so like, we're just going to keep doing it. I don't think Mody is going to do that because in turn, that would affect his people. And I will say this for Mody, like him or hate him. He is an Indian first dude, which he should be being the leader of India. So if it's going to be bad for his people, he's not going to do it. At least that's my hot take on him.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, I agree, all right.
Speaker 1: So in what you were saying, though, Yes, Pakistan and Afghanistan have agreed to a forty eight hour ceasefire. This was actually posted nine hours ago as a time of recording. This is from the BBC let's listen in.
Speaker 29: Pakistan and Afghanistan have agreed to a forty eight hour ceasfire following days of crosswater fighting. Later's development comes shortly after Pakistan said it carried out what it called precision strikes on carbar. Both sides say several people have been killed and injured and skirmishers on the border. Pakistan's Foreign Ministry is saying both Pakistan and Afghanistan will make some efforts through dialogue to find a positive solution to what was described as a complex yet resolvable issue. Pakistan corresponding Caroline Davies explained to me what's been happening on the border.
Speaker 30: We've been hearing about these clashes happening over the course of the last few days. As you say, firstly, we started hearing about them over the weekend, and then last night again we heard firstly hum on social media talking about this. Then we started hearing confirmation from the Taliban authorities and then confirmation as well from the Pakistan side too. Now what was also apparent is that as well as having these attacks on the border, both sides are trying to get the upper hand on social media and the impression that this is giving to other countries as well. Both sides are talking about are blaming the other side for starting any of these skirmishes overnight. We've seen that from the various comments that they have released, and they're also talking about who is getting the upper hand in terms of who is inflicting the most damage on the other side too. It's very difficult to be able to verify the numbers that are coming out from both sides that we have heard accusations from them, and social media is also full of videos that are alleging to show images of people who have been killed in these attacks. There's also images that are apporting to be of checkpoints that are being blown up. So really a battle of information as well as these border clashes too.
Speaker 1: So again we will see if the ceasefire actually holds and cooler heads will prevail. I hope it does. I mean, you know, I'm all for war if it's justified, but yeah, and honestly, regardless of how that shakes out, I just hope that America doesn't try to get involved and stick its hand somewhere. We just got out of Afghanistan. We don't need reason to go back over there, realistically, and I know that Pakistan and America are allies. I know this, but I am also of the belief, just knowing what I know about Pakistan, they are more than capable of handling the Taliban. I'm just throwing this out. They are not. They may not be a military powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, when they were taking off and they were fighting against India, that wouldn't work well because India would have absolutely dominated Pakistan. When it's Pakistan versus the Taliban, Yeah, that's not a very fair comparison, even with the Taliban having all of the weapons that we left there because of Biden's hasty evacuation for lack of better words, of Kabul. Even with that, yeah, I don't believe that it's going to be much of a fight in the grand scheme of things. I could be wrong. I could be wrong. But again, there's a forty eight hour ceasefire that is currently under review for lack of better words, and we shall see if that does continue. Sticking on with the BBC, let's talk about France real quick. The French Prime Minister backs freezing mcrone's pension reform to save the government. Yeah, the French government is also in a shutdown right now, and they are also having a whole prime minister dispute. We're not gonna spend too much time on this, but I figured we could lead this on at least somewhat of a semioka note with the world and the things. French Prime Minister Sebastian Lecornu has told Parliament that he backs suspending controversial twenty twenty three pension reforms in the face of crucial votes of no confidence later this week. The charges, which raised the retirement ah from sixty two to sixty four, were seen as a signature reforms in e Manuel mccrone's presidency. He is a direct quote from him from Lacornu this autumn, I will propose to Parliament that we suspend the twenty twenty three pension reform until the twenty twenty seven presidential election, corn who said to applause from the left wing parties. Lecornu was reappointed prime minister last week, only four days after he resigned. He resigned and then was reappointed. But yeah, that's that's France for you, and needs the support of the socialist MP's in Parliament if his government is to survive. Opposition parties on the far right and far left have called confidence votes known as censure votes on the Cornu's government for Thursday morning and are demanding parliamentary elections. The Socialists said that they would be they would be prepared to support the new government, but only if it promises to completely suspend the macrone's pension changes. If he does not explicitly say the words immediate and complete suspension of the pension reform, it will be censure. Socialist MP Laurent Baummel said earlier on French TV. He is holding his destiny in his own hands. He knows what he has to do if he doesn't want to be the prime minister who resigns every week. Ee, that's a that's a statement. But yeah, apparently your boy can't decide if he wants to be prime minister or not. But all right, And I could be wrong in this, like his sixth or seventh time trying to resign and keeps getting put back in the position. I could be wrong. The reforms were finally pushed through Parliament in March twenty twenty three, less than a year after McCrone was voted in for a second presidential term. There have been months of political debate, strikes and street protests, and in the end the bill had to go through without a vote in Parliament using a constitutional mechanism known as forty nine to three. Last week, la Cornew said it was something many French people remembered as a wound on democracy. On Tuesday, he made a plan to the MPs that suggested or that suspending the pension reform would cost four hundred million euros, which is equivalent to three hundred and fifty pounds million pounds in twenty twenty six and a further one point eight billion euro in twenty twenty seven. This will have the compensated or I'm sorry, this will have to be compensated by other savings. Locorn who said Locorn who is France's third prime minister in the past year. But even if he does survive, he needs to get a budget through Parliament that brings down a budget deficit headed for five point four percent of the economic output this year. Cool so their GDP is going into a deficit of five point four percent. That's wild. France's public debt earlier this year stood at three point four trillion euro which is all or almost one hundred and fourteen percent of the GDP, the third highest in the Eurozone after Greece and Italy. Wow Lecorn who has been one of mccrone's most loyal allies, so his decision to row back on such a contested reform shows how keen the president is to avoid further turmoil. Felipe Agyon a gion I don't know, who was jointly awarded the twenty twenty five Nobel Economics Prize on Monday, said earlier that he also backed a suspension of the pinch reform because it would still come at a smaller cost than the insustainable or instability that would follow another government collapse. Another government collapse. They show a quick little image here of the French National Assembly breakdown of seats. Long story short. The France unbowed holds seventy one seats, the Communists holds seventeen seats, Ecologists hold thirty eight, the Socialists hold sixty nine, The Assembly Alliance or Ensemble Alliance holds one hundred and sixty one, the Republicans hold fifty, the National Rally holds one hundred and thirty eight, and the others hold thirty one. So anyway, they're basically trying to avoid another French government collapsed to happen right now. And yeah, they are having a real issue holding on to prime ministers whatever. Anyway, Anyway, I think on that note, we are going to wrap up this episode of The Cajun Night Live. I want to thank everybody for joining me this evening. As we took a wild trip around the world. We talked about America, we talked about some states jerrymandering, we talked about some Trump bailout money to Argentina, we talked about the Middle East, we talked about Gaza. I think we did a pretty fair job of covering a little bit everywhere today. Once again, thank you everybody for joining me this evening and for everybody listening to The Cajun Night. If you would like to join in this conversation next week and support the Cajun Night Live, then go to the link in the description to patreon dot com slash Cajunnight. There's only one tier for entry. We are trying to build this to be a information sharing community that gather once a week to just discuss the goings and comings of the day to day for the world. Again, thank everybody, I am the Cajun Knight and as always God bless St