Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: He.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, yeah, wakey, wakey.
Speaker 1: Hands on Snakey rod Rotting Show.
Speaker 3: Checking in on a very busy, busy wild card Wednesday. Looking for some fresh fish, fresh shot in bed. Head to head challenge will play at six twenty this morning, Cody Jenks playing the Rubbio.
Speaker 1: We got tickets for you in homeroom, will give you those on the fun Fact flashback.
Speaker 3: Back my popular demand. I feel like we just played this game. We're gonna play the five this morning. We'll play the five at seven twenty for bus Fats tickets. Five of you compete to win those tickets, four of you perish and one survives to party.
Speaker 1: With us buzz.
Speaker 3: Us Saturday, May twenty fourth Monster Jam tickets for the Sunday show at eight twenty. We're backing with Alternative Income a chance to one one thousand dollars at nine ten nineteen Nails tickets going on sale today at noon. Chiley backloaded these. They will be on Know the Show, So at nine point fifty we'll have a question for you about something that was said on the show. Now next couple of days going to be very wet out there. Seventy percent chance of morning showers, cloudy highs today of around seventy two.
Speaker 1: My man Alex is right there with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: What you got, Good morning Rod, Good morning, home room. A manhunch is currently underway for an inmate that escaped the Harris County jail yesterday. Law enforcement is searching for a forty seven year old Travis Earl Bryant, who walked out of a processing center yesterday where he was awaiting transferred to another facility. The processing center also held inmates that were set to be released, and it's believed that Bryant blended in with those inmates in order to escape. Deputy Say Bryant was last seen wearing a dark gray mechanics jumper and described him as a black man who is six feet tall and one hundred and seventy five pounds. Anyone with information is urged to call the Harris County Sheriff's Office or crime stoppers. President Donald Trump tried to freeze federal funds yesterday, but was later temporarily blocked by a judge. The Office of Management and Budget issued a memo yesterday, saying that federal funding would be paused at five PM, just minutes before the pause.
Speaker 1: Is set to go into effect.
Speaker 4: US District Judge Lauren Ali Cohn blocked the freeze due to a lawsuit brought by nonprofit groups. Later, in a White House briefing, Press Secretary Caroline Leavitt said the funds that go straight to Americans, like Social Security and Medicare would not be affected by the freeze.
Speaker 1: Some lighter news.
Speaker 4: Valentine's Day can be tough for single people, but a new study shows that going on a bad date may be better than going on no.
Speaker 1: Date at all that day.
Speaker 4: And a survey sixty one percent of single people say that they'd be willing to go out on a first date on Valentine's Day, So maybe, like I don't know the mile of meat, that seems like a good idea.
Speaker 1: I would try that one out.
Speaker 3: Twenty first dates all in one night. We're looking for single dudes to sign up.
Speaker 1: Right now, so they would be people that would say yes.
Speaker 4: That survey, sixty five percent of single men were into it, compared to fifty seven percent of women. And it looks like gen Z was the most adventurous of the Generation's Survey because seventy percent of gen z ors say they're down for a first date on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: I think it helps that it's on Friday this year. I do too. I think that definitely helps.
Speaker 4: And Entertainment news, the new Captain America says that Captain America should not represent America.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Anthony mackiews currently Captain America is getting some heat online after some comments he made about his character in an interview. He said, Captain America represents a lot of different things, and I don't think the term America should be one of those representations. After seeing the backlash he got over his comments, Macci release his statement, saying that he has the utmost respect for those that have served our country and that he just meant that Captain America is someone with characteristics that people all over the world can relate to. You think he's more of a universal due character, just like an American character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's backpedaling. America is the best in the universe. Some soda.
Speaker 4: We talked about Blink whin any two throwing a benefit concert for the California wildfires yesterday. Then after the show, the band announced that former singer Matt Skiba and his band Alkali and Trio will be opening for Blink at that concert. Matt Skiba was part of Blink on a two from twenty fifteen to twenty twenty two during Tom Delong's hiatus. The Benefits Show's going down on February thirteenth at the Hollywood Palladium.
Speaker 1: Tickets are on sale now. Those are Euston's headlines. All right, here we go, Alex. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 4: Rockets continue to dominate last night. They looked a little tired on a back to back, but they still got by the Hawks one hundred to ninety six. Jalen Green had twenty five points to lead all players and scoring on the night.
Speaker 1: Rockets have now won four in a row.
Speaker 4: They're the third best team in basketball record wise, and they're gonna have a day off before playing the Grizzlies on the road tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on sports.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, guys, here we go. I'm gonna be looking for some fresh fish to play the game today, looking for that first phone call this morning, who is up and you talk about what's going on and what's what's it like? Weatherwise where you're at. How bad is the rain? I know there's a little fog to deal with this morning as well. Yeah, every phone line is open right now. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 1: All right, here we.
Speaker 3: Go ninety four five the Buzz Squeezer and say it ain't so good morning, brod Ryan' show. Four Hours of Pain underway. It's Wildcard Wednesday. The game that I heard most from you, that you guys wanted to play today was the five Game. I feel like we played it not that long ago, and several of you sent me email said that that's your favorite game. Your favorite game that we play. We're gonna play at seven to twenty this morning. That's how you're gonna win your busfest tickets. All right, so back up a little bit, let's get let's figure out what we're doing here in homeroom.
Speaker 1: It's six oh six morning.
Speaker 3: Your best chance of showers is coming this morning, Okay, so we're gonna spend the morning together six to ten and uh, you got really good chance. High chances of rain, cloudy skies later on today.
Speaker 1: Highs of around seventy two.
Speaker 3: The rain tapers off this evening to about a twenty percent chance. We're gonna keep those cloudy skies. But yeah, how about we might get up to the seventies today. I'm looking for fresh fish, fresh out of bed. Head to head challenge? Have you been waiting to get in here and play?
Speaker 1: January twenty nine that a lot.
Speaker 3: Of former Hall of famers finally had a Hall of Fame moment yesterday? Why is the carpet wet Todd goes into the Hall of Fame for his seventh time?
Speaker 1: How great is that?
Speaker 3: What about some of you that have never ever, ever, ever ever played the game before? Come on, what did we say this year? You're gonna get involved? Get involved? Let's get some new people in here to play as well. I got Rodeo Houston tickets for you on your fun Fact flashback. And then moving forward, Monster Jam, Big weekend here of Monster Jam Saturday and Sunday. We'll be down on the pits on Saturday with our truck, our brand new looking truck. I can't wait to see it up close in person. I've not even seen like an actual photograph of it yet. I can't wait. I don't know when they're here. But this weekend is going to be really really fun with Monster Jam in town. So Saturday and Sunday we're in the pits on Saturday. We got tickets for the Sunday show at A twenty this morning, Alternative Income is back. And then those nine inch Nails tickets go on sale today Toyota center dot com.
Speaker 1: They go on sale today at noon.
Speaker 3: Chile thought that he would put those tickets on know the show this morning.
Speaker 1: It's not time for their looks like Anthony got through first, Anthony, what's that brother Rockot?
Speaker 6: Morning?
Speaker 1: Brother Anthony?
Speaker 3: Well part of town are you calling from?
Speaker 5: I'm from Pasavana right now.
Speaker 6: I'm driving through the southwest side going to work.
Speaker 1: What's the rain situation, Anthony? It's light, but it's coming down.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, light rain right now. That seems to be for a lot of us. It's gonna get a little heavier as the morning goes on. Hey, what would you like to get started with this morning?
Speaker 1: Anthony? What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 5: First off, I just wanted to give a shout out to all the construction workers today going to work out here in this nasty stuff and this next few days.
Speaker 1: How Matthew is gonna be Yeah, shout out to everybody working outside for sure. What else?
Speaker 4: Second off, I wanted to see how you guys were doing with Testa being gone, how you're adjusted since the first month's almost over with.
Speaker 3: I think I would have to take that question, have to flip it around to you, and I would have to ask you, how do you think we're adjusting with Tessa not being here?
Speaker 1: Which is the three of us.
Speaker 7: If it does to me, I'd say, y'all are doing a wonderful job.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know how to. I mean, I can tell you how I feel in my gut. I can tell you the things that I've listened to. I've gone back, I've listened to a few bits. I've listened to a few segments. I think the twins are doing a great job. It's more what you guys think. You know, this is not a permanent situation. As a matter of fact, I have a follow up interview today with a candidate.
Speaker 1: For a co host today.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, listen, it's kind of like a fake it till you make it situation. If you think we're getting by okay, Anthony, if you think we're getting it done. I kind of feel the same way personally. I wouldn't if I felt like we were limping along. Alex is gonna roll his eyes because I use the same scenario all the time. I talk about the four members of this show. It's a shopping cart going down the aisle of HGB. He's shaking his head. And right now we got a wheel that's missing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you.
Speaker 3: Got that shopping cart and there's three of you, but you can balance it out and you can still push the shopping cart. You can still get your groceries in that cart even without that wheel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't want to put a wonky wheel in there.
Speaker 3: I want to put an awesome wheel in there so that cart because I got three wheels that are rolling freely. I got three wheels that are moving, they are greased up, they are lubed, and they are perfect. I want to put I want to put one more perfect wheel on that shopping cart so that it's easier to push.
Speaker 1: Down the aisle. We've had wonky wheels before on the show.
Speaker 3: We've had a wonky wheel here and there every now and then on the on our shopping cart. And I want to just I want to get the best wheel on that cart, and I want it to be awesome, and I want it to be so easy to push so that I can just ride into the sunset my last contract here and just ride that beautiful cart with those four beautiful rolling wheels. Yeah, Anthony's like, would you tell this guy to shut up? I gotta go work, Anthony, Thanks for getting started today, bro, have.
Speaker 1: A good morning. Book for YouTube man. Thank you, Anthony. Thanks you. Let me take a break.
Speaker 4: Shout out to construction workers again. Anybody that's gotta be outside today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just skanky. Yeah, just it didn't look too bad, but it didn't look fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's skanky outside today for sure. All right, quick break. When we come back, I got a rec check for you.
Speaker 3: We'll find out what's trending, and then I'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 9: Hot Houston's alternative and home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, everybody, wakey, wakey, hands off those Cupcakey's appreciate you being.
Speaker 1: A part of homeroom.
Speaker 3: It's wet outside, we said, wet and skanky outside. Seventy percent chance of these pesky morning showers while we are spending this morning together. Cloudy skies leitera Ron will see high up around seventy two.
Speaker 1: Okay, what'd you see that was trending?
Speaker 4: Wildcard Wednesday is trending sent in to us by a listener Eli.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a mad fruit fragu. I don't know. I'm not going to pronounce your name, but good time. Yeah, wild She's awesome and she's.
Speaker 4: The one famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com blog page.
Speaker 1: Chinese New Year is also trending. I saw that every Chinese New Year it's the year of the Snake. Did you know that I did? I did because I saw like I like you said, it's trending. So yeah, it's all over the place.
Speaker 4: My year finally, but happy Chinese New Year. If you didn't stay true to your New Year's resolutions, you can make a.
Speaker 1: Chinese New Year's resolution today. And then also, the Rockets are training.
Speaker 4: They won their fourth straight yesterday, beating the Hawks on a back to back game, and yeah, they're the third best team in basketball right now.
Speaker 1: That's just trending. On ninety four five, the Buzz Oh my god, this is the best Wildcard Wednesday. Yeah, pretty good. This wild Card Wednesday is really good. Damn. Okay, well, we had some happenings here in home room yesterday. Mine is the car own wet time.
Speaker 6: Good morning, everybody is is Why is the carpet? Todd back in the Hall of Fame for the seventh time, baby guys, and your first member of the Hall of Fame for twenty twenty five. Now I just get to kick back and listen. Good luck to all the fresh fish and.
Speaker 1: Former Hall of famers. I'd like to have a little company in here join me at the end of the year as I take it all.
Speaker 6: Good shout out to my kids, Tylie and Justin.
Speaker 1: Hause. Home home full home.
Speaker 3: Sounds like, uh my guy, Alex is calling for some fresh fish over here. Okay, it's get involved. I've already explained what get involved. That is our mantra this year. Get involved with the show.
Speaker 1: Have you never played? Have you listened to this game for years and thought maybe I could do that someday. No, it's just for people that have already played. No, it's for you seven one, three two If you want to go at it right now.
Speaker 3: It's three days, Grace ninety four, five the Buzz, Yeah ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Appreciate you guys being a part of homeroom. Alex already talks a little bit about Valentine's Day in Houston's headlines. We have locked in Cactus Cove for that Friday night Valentine's Day, February fourteenth. Cactus Cove is where we are going to be at nice with our blind dates meeting each other. But I mean it's good to have that locked in. We still need the dudes to sign up. I need you guys to sign up on the World Famous rod Ryan Show page at the bus dot com. If you are a single dude you want to get involved, get involved in this year's mile of meat one.
Speaker 1: Hundred bottles of love Street Blonde on the wall.
Speaker 3: Should be another ten smiling faces on there. I haven't had a chance to go look, but there should be ten more of you on there, So go check to see if you made the cut. And if you haven't sent us a photograph yet, well all that information is on the World Famous as well. Let's play a game, and now it's time for the Fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 3: Say good morning to Chad. Hello, Chad, good morning, ro good morning Chad. Chili tells me it's been a couple of years since you've played.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, yeah, well, welcome back, dude. Good to have you back on. Did you have any success when you did play in the past? No, sir, No, okay, no, pump chump. All right, well let's try to fix that today. All right, all right, welcome back. Been a couple of years, is that correct?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Okay? What about Ashley with an e y Ashley e y, good morning, good morning? You played last year? Huh? Yes, I did. I was the first lady of last year. You're not she the first lady of this year? No, I don't know. I have to ask other John. All right, well, I have to ask other John. He can text Tessa and then maybe Tessa can email in when she wakes up. Ashley, good to have you back on. Did you win last year? I did?
Speaker 4: I got to day three?
Speaker 3: Okay, three wins under her belt. Chad's never won before Edinburgh. Sounds like he wants it though. All right, So Ashley, Chad, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Two correct answers gets you a Rod Ryan Show t shirt. Chad, good luck, Ashley, e y, good luck.
Speaker 1: Here comes your questions. You're shouting out your name, Chad.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: What food business is recognized by their golden arches?
Speaker 1: Ashley?
Speaker 3: Chad, welcome back McDonald. It's a correct answer. He didn't smoke you, Ashley, but he did get you. Next question, Chad sneaky. It's like real quiet, mellow. It's you're just sitting there all right.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Question number two, Ashley and Chad name the movie that this iconic quote comes from. You're Gonna need a Bigger boat? Ashley, Ashley jos correct answer.
Speaker 1: Chad, I didn't hear you at all on that. Did you not know that movie from the seventies? I remember the movie. I didn't remember the quote You're gonna need a bigger boat?
Speaker 3: Rumor has it Roy Scheider improvised that line? Oh, I don't know that it was written in the script. I want that to be true. Yeah, I want that to be so true.
Speaker 1: For the win. Ashley and Chad. Good game, guys. Here we go. Which Sesame Street character has a toy version that starts with Ashley. Elmo, tickle me, Elmo is the correct. It's a perfect show.
Speaker 3: You did tie that out. You tie that out perfectly. And Chad was right behind you too. Chad, pretty good for not playing for a couple of years. I don't know why you've always lost. You sounded like you really had commanded this game for a minute there.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what happened the last time. All right, Chad, are you gonna play again? Don't wait a couple of years, play again? Okay.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like the involvement. I like people getting involved. Ashley. You want to get involved. You want to play tomorrow? Yes, they're perfect. Ryan Show ninety four five the buzz, Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show The Killers in Mister Bright's Side. Wild Card Wednesday. It's awesome. It is awesome today, Chile, you'd be very happy. I already took a look. Great job.
Speaker 1: Whoever submitted that today. Well, we're hanging out this morning.
Speaker 3: Seventy percent chance of showers clouding high of seventy two.
Speaker 1: Ashley with an Ey is back the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody. Ashley with an ey is back. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion, and like Rod said, I'm calling out all you ladies get involved this year. Let's go join me on Thursday when I make it a win number two. Wait, bitches didn't know she was gonna sneak that in or not she did? Yeah, get involved.
Speaker 3: Fun fact flashback is coming up Cody Jinks playing Rodeo Houston. You can get the full line up at rodeohuston dot com. But I brought in some new fun facts for you.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart funny here, buddies, it's the fun fast.
Speaker 3: To the day.
Speaker 1: Good morning, how the Rod? Did you have a better day yesterday? Yes, a better day on Wall Street yesterday. I can't wait to your segment. I had a better day. Today's gonna be a better day. Okay. I like to hear that all better days.
Speaker 3: I brought us some some fun facts for you guys, and uh, you know, I know you have a hard time telling them apart as well. But the twins Alex and Chili Twins invent their own language for one another.
Speaker 1: Like you ever hear these two guys get after it. Sometimes I don't know what they're saying. I have no idea that's a real thing. Just get out of.
Speaker 3: Their Twins have their own language. So it's a fascinating world with twins. It's crazy being around them every day. Peter Frampton had a.
Speaker 1: Song Ooh Baby, I love you every day right that peaked at number twelve on the Billboard charts.
Speaker 3: Leonard Skinnard's Freebird I'm Gonna spare you you know that one that peaked at number nineteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, you had a song at twelve.
Speaker 3: You had a song that peaked at nineteen. This is as good as those songs did. There was a pop group called Will to Power. They mashed up those songs. It was the baby I Love Your Way Free Bird medley in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: It's number one song.
Speaker 3: That is fun.
Speaker 1: WHOA mashed up two pretty big songs. Good call. Either one could do it on their own. Hell A study they were studying foods.
Speaker 3: In eighteen ninety six percent of all commercial ketchups contained injurious injurious ingredients.
Speaker 1: Injurious ingredients sounds like a Harry Potter spell. Yeah, that could lead to death. The repeat customers of commercial ketchups.
Speaker 3: Ingesting them and them that could lead to death, harmful preservatives. They used cold tar as die poisonous byproducts. So at the time when no one else cared, Henry Heines, a visionary obsessed with making products as pure as possible, he refused to use the brown, opaque.
Speaker 1: Bottles that were common at the time.
Speaker 3: He used the seat through bottles as a design statement, and he said, purity through transparency. We would all be dead if it wasn't for Henry Hines.
Speaker 1: It's that to the day we make you look smart in your body's back, to the day. How could they sell that ketchup before that? Henry Hines?
Speaker 4: Also, you think he came up with the upside down bottle so it comes out easier.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 4: Maybe I had the idea he was like in the future when it's not poisoning people, or do it upside down?
Speaker 7: You've never heard the.
Speaker 1: Song and to a spit or maybe not? Was it anticipation was at Heines?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 1: I think it was all right. I got Rodeo Houston tickets for you. It's your fun fact, right, what's which? One of the great facts from yesterday? Are we going to use so many? Okay?
Speaker 3: This word comes from a Gaelic phrase that translates to water of life seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: It's now time for rockout with your stock, out with captain cash.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, how do you do yesterday? You kind of hinted that it was that things are getting better over there.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, The Dow was up one hundred and thirty six points kickoff this morning at forty four eight hundred and fifty. Nasdaq up three hundred and ninety one to nineteen thousand, seven thirty three benchmark ten. Youre treasuries at a four point five to three percent and oil stands at seventy three dollars twenty cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs and Nvidio, Salesforce and Apple, the big duds Coca Cola, Honeywell, and proc during gamble on the economic calendar this morning, Well it's actually going to happen this afternoon. The Federal Reserve makes its decision on overnight interest rates right now, futures barely on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it I met here.
Speaker 7: This is hallan manage director with Ramon James, reporter for The Rod Roynd Show from Maramy James on Santfli has been augustin deficant toys rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 9: Opinion's expressed are those paland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates Income Ever nyt AS, IBC I, ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sourso is believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAND. This program is or educational and informational purposes. On the the studs and duds are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 3: By Young ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Got Jason on the phone. Jason, good morning, Good morning brother Ron. How are you doing great? Jason. Let's see we can get in and out of this.
Speaker 3: The word for this comes from a Gaelic phrase and translates to water of life.
Speaker 1: What's the word it's whiskey.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let me guess you got some cabinet full of expensive whiskeys over there at the crib.
Speaker 1: Jason, I think all men do a few. Yeah, that's accurate. I'm at the point of my life I feel like I'm the only person not collecting bottles of whiskey, you know.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, I don't have any of the real expensive stuff, but you know, in a pinch, it's nice to have a bottle at the ready.
Speaker 1: Pappy. Is there a pappy that everybody wants to get their hands on? Yeah, if I could find one of those, that's the good stuff. That's crazy that you can't even buy the ones that you want.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is just this is me secondhand, being around, being around these nut jobs that love these things.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I wish I had Pappy van Winkle for you.
Speaker 3: All I have are some Rodeo Houston tickets to go see Cody Jinks March twentieth, Okay Energy Stadium.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love that We're big fans of the Rodeo, so I really appreciate it. All right, Jason, thanks for being a part of homeroom.
Speaker 9: Hang on, hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Getting ninety four point five bus station from iHeartRadio The Ron Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four to five The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. Alex has the story that he's working. I think it's headlining the music blog page blank Uin eighty two is going to do a fire relief show. They're going to do one show. It's their show too. It's not like an all star thing. But Matt Skiva is going to open. Yeah, he was once upon a time in blank Uin eighty two when everything wasn't kosher with the original three.
Speaker 1: Well, Alkaline Trio are going to open up for their benefit concert.
Speaker 3: So you know they got to get up on stage and do a couple of songs together. Yeah, if they have to, there's no way. I mean, you don't be cool. You don't do that without you know, little mix and match on stage.
Speaker 4: And there's no bad bee for anything between them at all. They're both very appreciative of everything.
Speaker 3: Music blog page today on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com, seventy percent chance of these pesky morning showers. We said it was a bit skanky outside today it is cloudy as well.
Speaker 1: Added to skanky highs up around seventy two. As long as nobody gets hurt. You know, I love a good jail break. Yeah, you do, buddy. It's just real life.
Speaker 4: It's like a movie that's happening in our neighborhood. It's like we're a police now. We're kind of on the hunt, even though I'm not at all on the hunt right now. Well, I just wandering around. You might see a fugitive.
Speaker 1: I just went to the coffee break room area. Sand look, I only saw so Fia. I was looking. I'm keeping an eye out. I just don't think he'll be here. Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, manhunt is underway for an inmate that escaped the Harris County jail yesterday. Law Enforschment is searching for forty seven year old Travis Earl Bryant, who walked out of a processing center. Also sounds like a country singer. He was waiting transfer to another facility yesterday. The processing center also held inmates that were set to be released, so it's believed that Bryant blended in with those inmates.
Speaker 1: In order to escape.
Speaker 4: Deputy s Bryant was last seen wearing a dark gray mechanics jumper and described him as a black man who is six feet tall and one hundred and seventy five pounds, and then with information is urged to call the Harris County Sheriff's Office or crime stoppers.
Speaker 1: Let's get this done, like before the show. Yeah, you gotta keep up hiding the break the news. I want to break the news. All right, let's capture this guy.
Speaker 4: About two months ago, people in New Jersey started noticing some mystery drones flying around the sky. Yeah, and the conspiracy theories started flying out there. The videos started coming out, But now no one's been talking about it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The White House has some answers, sort of.
Speaker 4: In her first press briefing yesterday, Press Secretary Caroline Leavitt said, after research and study, the drones that were flying in New Jersey and large numbers were authorized to be flown by the FAA for research and various other reasons. So that was an answer without really answering anything. So no word on what the other reasons were, but it looks like it was the Federal Aviation Administration that's responsible for freaking everybody out.
Speaker 1: I feel like they listen apology. I know every nerd that had a drone in that area. Was also flying their drones, but they're like big drones. I think, well, did you hear that as well?
Speaker 3: They said they were suv size car drones, but I never saw a good picture of them.
Speaker 5: Did I.
Speaker 4: And also, drones are high up in the sky, which is going to make it look small no matter what, I want.
Speaker 1: To see an suv sized drone, picture car. It's flying, but it's a drone. Does Tom DeLong have one of those?
Speaker 4: Probably a picture anybody does, it would be him. Yeah, So the Monday after the Super Bowl be a national holiday. According to a new study, fifty five percent of people think that it should be. People say they're tired and hungover from the festivities surrounding the game, and studies have even shown a lack of productivity the Monday after the super Bowl. Forty one percent of people say that the Monday after the super Bowl is one of the worst days of the year. Yep, and a national holiday would have to be granted by the government and President Trump, which is unlikely to happen at least this year. It seems like something that he might tackle, though he's kind of tackling a lot of other random stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you like.
Speaker 3: You and I differ on this. I wouldn't mind the super Bowl being played on a Saturday. I know you're hardcore against that. Do you like what I guess you would call the Joe Burrow plan of either another game or another bye week, or something something to push the season back so that it falls on President's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: So they're pushing for an eighteen game season.
Speaker 4: They have seventeen now, that would be an even nine home games and away games.
Speaker 1: For night instead of having to alternate each year.
Speaker 4: If they had an eighteen game season, that means they're playing the conference championship game this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yes, that means the Pro Bowl games are next weekend.
Speaker 4: That means the super Bowl is the following weekend President's Day President's Day, So that I think is I don't think it's gonna be a national holiday because of the super Bowl. I think that that would be the most likely scenario where you have Monday off after the super Bowl because it's President's Day and they just lead up to President's Are they close to adding that extra game. I think it'll be a couple of years probably. Okay, I'm not one hundred percent sure on that, but that is my best guess. To the way you would be able to get off on Monday. Also, just suck it up, don't not click. You've never been hung over at work before. Just get stuffed gone. Okay, you and I disagree on this. Be an adult Jake and Logan poltis some kind of big event yesterday and it looked like they were going to fight each other, but sources to say it's just a reality show. Jake Paul tweeted a picture the two brothers squaring up like you'd see in a promo poster for a fight, and captured the photo the moment You've been waiting a decade for March twenty seventh on Max. Obviously, everybody, I just immediately assumed that meant they're fighting, But it looks like it's just a big publicity stunt to promote an upcoming reality show.
Speaker 1: Would you watch them fight?
Speaker 4: If they did fight, Yeah, I wouldn't pay for it, but if it was like free, I would try and watch it like I did the the Tyson fight, and.
Speaker 3: I'd want the I'd want the Sevester Stallone, well, the Rocky Apollo Creed, like the double.
Speaker 1: Knockout punch that would be, and then just have them both go down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, The Dave Matthews Band announced dates for a twenty twenty five bringing Summer to Her but somehow they just forgot about Houston. They are going to start on April twenty seventh at the jazz Fest in New Orleans. It'll stop in twenty different cities along the way. Unfortunately though, Houston will not be one of those. They aren't even coming to Texas at all. I would imagine if you want to go see them that it looks like jazz Fest is your best opportunity, the hugest amount of drive time you'd have to make.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the closest location that they're going to be in, so and you kick this off. Tickets are on sale now for that Yeah Nojazzfest dot com.
Speaker 4: David Matthew's band is also going to be playing fire Aid tomorrow night in LA. It looks like they're going to team up with John Mayer on some performance, So I'm excited to check that out.
Speaker 1: Those were Houston's headlines. It's weird to think that he's not coming to Texas. He always comes to Texas. Maybe he's gonna do something mouse later. He said, these are the only days till the year. Yep.
Speaker 3: So everything that he released, he said, this is where we are going to be in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: Nothing in Texas like when they said to mcgrib's going away though, maybe he's just gonna bring it back and be like, guess what.
Speaker 1: Well you if you need to scratch your Dave Matthews itch, go see him a jazz fest. It's it's a great festival. What's going on in sports? Well, Rockets got another win last night. They beat the Hawks one hundred and ninety six.
Speaker 4: Jalen Green at twenty five points in the night to lead all players in scoring. Rockets have now won four in a row to the third best team in basketball, and they're gonna have a day off before playing the Grizzlies on the road tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 10: The rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 3: The Bus seventy four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Green Day, Welcome to Paradise.
Speaker 1: Are they calling it fire Aid? The concert? It's tomorrow during the week on a Thursday night. A green Day is a part of it.
Speaker 3: You had mentioned we were talking about Dave Matthews band I don't think John Mayer's ever really gemmed with Dave Matthews band, but he said he looks up to him as a huge influence on his career. So that'll be interesting to see what those two guys do together. But I'll be all the biggest names in the business are gonna be performing Green Day, Chili Peppers, some of the ones that we are concerned with a lot of be interesting to see the highlights. And I know that the iHeart stations and you know TV it's gonna be everywhere tomorrow, so we'll talk about it. We got rain everywhere, seventy percent chance of morning showers, cloudy today, we're gonna see highs of around seventy two. I did get to that poll question, and well, okay, I was wrong. I read yesterday that seventy percent of people now use closed captioning or subtitles when watching TV and movies.
Speaker 1: Seventy percent. That seemed like a high number.
Speaker 3: My question is, do you use subtitles in close captions while watching TV shows and movies? Thirty two percent always, thirty seven percent occasionally, thirty percent never.
Speaker 1: Seventy percent of you use it.
Speaker 3: You're like right on with the national survey that I saw yesterday that I didn't believe that many of you have subtitles going on during.
Speaker 1: Your TV shows and movies.
Speaker 4: You miss a little something you can read, Okay, all right, and if you're watching anything, it's like British, it's all like Peaky Blinders.
Speaker 1: It's like a different language base.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, that question lives on the X at Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: I did see you already mentioned trending the lunar New year starts today. It's the year of the Snake. You seem to be excited about that year. It's good you like that whole the snake thing.
Speaker 1: I could have swore to answers snakes, what year is it? You're the snake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a big snake guy. You're you're the reason that we never play that game. Shout it out loud.
Speaker 1: We you just don't use snake. Maybe, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One game that we do play is Read my Lips. We play every Thursday and during this transitional time. If you missed it, I I haven't said.
Speaker 1: A whole lot.
Speaker 3: The first question today, the first phone call of the day was a question, and it was a dude asking how do I think the show is doing with.
Speaker 1: Tessa not being here and just the three of us. I said, that's a question that you have to answer for me.
Speaker 3: How do you think we're doing? He thought we were doing a fine job. I agreed with him.
Speaker 1: If I thought we.
Speaker 3: Were not doing well, or I would be quicker to get somebody in here. But I just want to make sure that we make the right decision. I have a follow up interview today with a candidate to come in here, So sharing.
Speaker 1: Some of that stuff with you guys, I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's some stuff's got to be behind the curtain a little bit, doesn't it a little bit?
Speaker 1: No, Maybe I have a second interview today.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about a candidate enough to have them meet with us for a second time.
Speaker 1: That's it, that's all. That's it. I don't want say because if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: There's no offer or anything on the table, So I mean, what if there's an offer and they tell me to go pound sand I don't want to get into.
Speaker 1: That with you guys. Yeah, So back to where I was going with this.
Speaker 3: The twins are doing a great job with their own stupid language and everything that they have with one another fun fact. Today, we're gonna invite another listener down to play Read my lips and Chili has that on links and guests.
Speaker 1: Today you will be playing Chili, which we've.
Speaker 3: Seen a listener that have never ever ever played the game beat Chili two weeks ago. I'm just saying, he lost easy, He lost Chili. When are you shutting it down?
Speaker 1: I think? I mean tomorrow is when we're gonna play. So are we gonna make an announcement before we get out of here today?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well we'll make that announcement today before we get out.
Speaker 1: The people still, I mean, are a lot of people applying to come down and play.
Speaker 11: There's some people applying, okay, not a lot, not a lot, but they're still sending in okay, And you know, I want a good, tough challenge. I don't want somebody to come in and to where it will be so easy for me to just beat them. Like the last person I played, I.
Speaker 1: Let him win. WHOA. You know I don't believe that to be true. Well that's just you.
Speaker 11: But some people are saying that I could beat him so easily. But you know, I just hate for people to drive here, get whooped, and then have to.
Speaker 1: Go back to work.
Speaker 3: You know, Sad, I feel like Craig Pickett, like beat you pretty well? Really, I mean, I'm right here when you're playing the game. You know, I'm standing like what three feet from you? Tomato, Tomato, you were really trying hard to win? Come on, man, hey, any given.
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: You know, guys, it's like, I guess it's not too late.
Speaker 3: If you want to come down to the station tomorrow and play Chile read my lips, you could sign up on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Coming up, we're gonna play the five game again.
Speaker 1: Listen. I like this game. When I go back.
Speaker 3: I don't go back and listen to the show every day. I can't, Okay, I got stuff to do. I heard it the first time because I said it the first time. The things that I do go back and listen to, I do go back and listen to the five. I think it's entertaining to listen to. I think the music. I think the cutting off of the people and the falling into the well, and the snapping of the drag, the snapping of the the gators and everything. This is the music alone, The music alone gets me excited to play and get five of you on the phone, so we'll be asking you to call in after the break. This is how you're gonna win your Buzzfest tickets today, and you got to say it back. By popular demand, we're gonna play the five coming up, so stay with us.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives and the Rod Ryan Morning Show us.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back. Everybody.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you guys being up dark and early with us and a rain nasty looking Wednesday, wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 1: At that seventy percent chance of morning showers.
Speaker 3: Clouds come along with that, but high temperatures of around seventy two come with that as well.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year, Happy New Year to you as well, or you gotta say Lunar New Year, I'm gonna say Chinese New Year. Happy snake here, snake here, you're excited about that.
Speaker 4: Chinese New Year is trending, okay, because it is the year the snake, So happy New Year to all those celebrate. Captain America is also trending because Anthony Mackie, who plays Captain America, pretty much said I think that Captain America has characteristics that everyone can value, not just Americans. And people are like, you're saying, he's you're you're being an American And he got some heat online.
Speaker 3: It's the way he said it. They're gonna analyze every single word he said.
Speaker 1: He it's a superhero. He don't take it serious. Guys.
Speaker 3: If you see Kid Rock today pull out a gun and start shooting up Captain America Comic books, you know we've got trouble now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well grandpa's mad again. Yeah right.
Speaker 3: I think Anthony Mackie just kind of misspoke. He had to go and kind of clean it up afterwards. And I don't think he did anything wrong. He just didn't phrase it the right way.
Speaker 1: It's a superhero, I don't It's not a big deal, guys. Let's not make a big deal. He okay.
Speaker 4: Also trending today is the doomsday clock. But you know about the doomsday.
Speaker 1: Clock, Well, uh, there is.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 3: It's how many minutes to midnight that catastrophe could happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are now one second closer to midnight. Threat level midnight if I may, Yeah, eighty nine seconds until midnight is what they're saying, which means global catastrophe is coming in eighty nine seconds. I don't think the people that make the doomsday clock know how clock'sworthd out.
Speaker 1: Well, so you're telling me it was at ninety seconds and now it's at eighty nine.
Speaker 4: It's at eighty nine seconds, but it was at ninety seconds. It's definitely been ninety seconds since I found out about this, So it's not like figure out clocksworth boys, but that's what's training at ninety for five the bus.
Speaker 1: Do you want to party with us at Buzzfest?
Speaker 3: I am inviting five of you to come on board with us today and play a game.
Speaker 1: The most requested game.
Speaker 3: When I said, email me and tell me what you would like us to play on the air today, because I don't think we've played a game yesterday. I heard for more of you that said the five than any other game. Alex the number two request the Chris Isaac game. Really yes, Sam, I know you don't believe me. I will show you the emails since.
Speaker 1: They heard the song in the car or something like that.
Speaker 3: Number one requested game, the five, number two, Chris Isaac, number three hit the post, which you'd We've already played two.
Speaker 1: So I'm bringing it back already sipping that suit. Nobody requested. Who's sipping that suit? Requesting?
Speaker 3: You guys, who's chewing those chips? That never gets requested? The five game apparently is popular. Five of you on board right now seven one three two one two five ninety four five you will compete against one another, last man or one man standing. You'll be rocking with us at Buzzfest seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: So rod Ryan Show ninety four.
Speaker 8: Five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Look at part what I've done, should at least getting least getting five of you getting ready to play the game called the five.
Speaker 1: That's all We're gonna give away our Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 3: Seventy percent chance of morning showers cloudy, I have seventy two. Last time I looked at our pole question this morning, it was around seventy percent of you that say that you always or occasionally use subtitles in close captions when watching TV.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's right at twenty nine, It's yeah, it's right.
Speaker 3: At seventy percent of you guys using subtitles in close captions while watching TV shows and movies.
Speaker 1: Alex says he's one of those people that does that. Yeah, dude, Okay, once you start doing it, you won't ever want to go back.
Speaker 3: Do people put it on for one show because they have a hard time peaky blinders maybe, and then they forget to take it off and they just leave it on for everything else.
Speaker 4: You just realize it's kind of convenient. Yeah, like that somebody's running the vacuum in another room. You missed a little part. Oh, I can read what it's says.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have people moving around on the phone here. I'm sorry for people jumping around here. One two, Just making sure I got the right five people here? Got you gotta line them up on these trap doors. Make sure yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't want to pull the wrong trap door. That'd be bad.
Speaker 4: Line line three. Things they're cutting line four. We actually cut line two. That'd be crazy.
Speaker 1: All right, I think I got my people, Chillie, No more moving from people around the game is called the five.
Speaker 3: Five Sweet Sweet listeners coming on the air with us. I'm gonna bring them on in random order. Everybody is sitting online one, two, three, four or five obviously just say hi. First up, it's gonna be Jane, Hello, Jane, Hello Jane. Good morning. It's tell me your name, Janie, Jane. Yes, okay, Jane, you're in. Congratulations, I'm making it through to the five.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bring on four more people. I need you to just sit tight, okay, yes, sir, all right. Let's say hi to April. Good morning, April, good morning, welcome to the five.
Speaker 1: How are you today? I'm Jane, great, thank you, good luck to you, good luck. I just need you to sit tight. Next up, it's Kimberly. Kimberly, good morning, good morning, welcome to the five.
Speaker 3: Got all chick so far chicks, let's see Kimberly, Jane, April, Daniel got through, Daniel, Welcome to the five.
Speaker 1: Yo, going on. Good to have you on. Daniel. You're sitting on one of these phone lines here, one, two, three, four, five. We don't know. I got to bring in one more though. Let's make it a let's make it a cool five. Here. Hey, Justin, good morning, what's up? Man, Welcome to the game. Justin. You are the last member invited to play the five. Oh man. Okay, that music gets me, It does get me. Kimberly, Daniel, April, Janey and Justin. All you gotta do.
Speaker 3: Guys, when called upon, give me a phone line to get rid of. I'm going to start. I'm gonna start with Kimberly this morning for no reason. Kimberly, Hi, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: You are sitting on.
Speaker 3: One of these phone lines because we're talking right now, one, two, three, four or five. I'll get rid of one line right now. I'll get rid of one line right now.
Speaker 1: You tell me what line to get rid of. Five. You don't like five. You don't like five. You didn't even think about it, Alex.
Speaker 3: Said, not at all.
Speaker 1: That could be reckless. You could be sitting on that line crazy, risk it for the biscuit. Let's go oh, I like that. We need to bring that back this year too.
Speaker 8: Sitting on line five, Janie, Sorry, Jennie, you're out bye.
Speaker 1: Just when I was getting her name correct, you know all right? Line five is gone? Everybody, man, where are you going? Janie? Janie's got Janie's gone. Justin. Let's say ho to Justin, good morning?
Speaker 3: How you do it? Justin line one, two, three, or four, and he's gone. Line five is no longer available.
Speaker 1: We're your cut line one. You don't want to be calling out the line that you're sitting on that'd be unfortunate. Yeah, city, are you gonna? Is that your final answer? Is that your final answer? Okay? Yeah, line one that's my read. Yeah, that was good. Uh justin you're online one? Yeah, you told him not to do that. I even gave him a second chance. He had plenty of times. One in five are gone three This game has stressed me out. Beautiful listeners remain only two? Will only one?
Speaker 3: April, you think I'm not gonna call on you. I think You're just gonna sit there and cruise through this thing without doing anything. Doesn't work like that, April, right, it doesn't work like that, April at all.
Speaker 1: What I need from you is line two, three, or four. You're on one of those lines one in five are con Who am I getting rid of? April?
Speaker 7: Where you are going to go with number three?
Speaker 1: We just had a guy call out his own line. That'd suck. If that's what you do, do we go back to back on that? I hope not staying with line three. Yes, sitting on line three, Daniel, You're out of here. Daniel. You may be done. We are done with you in the five. It's now down to the two chick fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Daniel's gone. It's April and Kimberly, Kimberly, I go back to you.
Speaker 1: I go back to you.
Speaker 3: Three is gone, one's gone, five is gone, two and four, two and four remain, Kimberly, give me a line to get rid of, line too or line.
Speaker 1: One line too. Let's do it one line too. I don't know, just felt right, trust in your gut. I gotta ask.
Speaker 3: Is that your final answer? Yes, I'm line to today for the five is April.
Speaker 1: And a here. Wow, Kimberly, Wow, is you're aware? H why? Oh yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Way to smoke him out, Way to smoke him out this morning, Kimberly, you get called upon twice two times.
Speaker 1: She got it right.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, thank you, thank you. Win the five that means we want to party with you. We want to see you at Buzzfest on SATURA. Daughter's going to be so happy.
Speaker 1: My daughter is going to be so happy. Are you giving her the tickets? Are you taking her? I'm giving her the tickets for her birthday. She's been wanting to see Manson for a long time. Wow. Nice mom of the year.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe yes, all right, Kimberly, great job today.
Speaker 1: Thank you to everyone else that played the five today. I do like that one. It is fun.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five of.
Speaker 3: Us five the bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show with sublime love the vibe of that.
Speaker 1: We got rained today.
Speaker 3: Seventy percent chance of those pesky morning showers cloudy skuys highs of around seventy two.
Speaker 1: Great round of the five.
Speaker 3: Thank you to everybody for playing. It's always fun. A little stressful on our end getting all those phone lines going at the same time, but it works though.
Speaker 1: Thank you Chilly.
Speaker 3: Earlier this month, Alex, we were talking about the I think it was the CEO of Walgreens who said that locking up everything has kind of backfired because people are buying less. We're talking about going into a drugstore, CBS, Walgreens, those types of places.
Speaker 1: Almost everything is behind glass now, almost everything.
Speaker 3: You have to ask for some overworked, understaffed person to come and help you, and they stand there and they wait for you to buy, you know, your razors or soap, you know. And the CuO of Walgreen says, we can tell since these went up that we're selling less product. CBS is going to try something now because they're also locking up everything, and it sucks that.
Speaker 1: We have to be there.
Speaker 3: If you just just if you dust this whole conversation by saying, well, people should be better and they shouldn't steal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're not. They are stealing. They're still stealing.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I'm not asking somebody to come and get something unless I absolutely need it.
Speaker 1: This is going to force me. I'll force It'll force me to buy more stuff online. I'll build my own deal, right.
Speaker 3: Uh, CBS is testing out a new system. You will be able to unlock those cabinets on your own through the app.
Speaker 1: Hear me up. It's clunky. You have to have the app on your phone. One, you have to be on the store's Wi Fi.
Speaker 3: Two, you have to have Bluetooth turned on three so it knows what shelf you're trying to access. On the plus side, you don't got to stand around waiting for the employee to walk over and open it up for you, especially if you need multiple shelves on lock.
Speaker 1: That stinks.
Speaker 3: How you got a personal shopper walking around and chances are she needs to work the register, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the one employee is there.
Speaker 3: Now what people are calling CDs out for is forcing more engagement within their app.
Speaker 4: And also, if you're going to steal, you could just open it from your phone and then steal all the stuff.
Speaker 1: There'll be a way, but it'll be connected to your phone. Yeah, but I don't think criminals really care about that stuff. Yeah, unless it's a burner phone maybe, or what if you open it up and then don't shut it properly. If somebody does steal, is it your fault because you didn't close it the right way? I will there's accept any responsibility for that if that is the case.
Speaker 3: But you guys know that every app on your phone is collecting information, right, so you know if you're having to if especially if you need to have the location services turned on. So CBS is kind of backdooring more engagement on their app and collecting information with this. So I don't no, it sucks that all this stuff is really kind of forcing me to buy more. I mean there's comfort in knowing that there's a CBS and there's a Walgreens on the corner.
Speaker 1: I think we need them.
Speaker 3: I think we need them as much stuff as I buy online too, But I don't get absolutely everything online.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but it sucks that people are stealing so much that it's just becomes so inconvenient.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mentioned the Walgreens in the CBS in the French Quarter. That whole thing's behind plastic. You might as well, just you might as well. Just you might as well just walk in, right and then get on a lap, get on a little iPad and just punch in what you need and then have them go get it for you. They shouldn't let you shop at all in those places. Everything's behind glass. So we'll see if this test project it works. It's only being tested in a few places.
Speaker 4: Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The Rod Rast Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rot Ryan's Show. It's like Chili Book the bands for Buzzfest. Yeah it is. I'm not convinced he has Friday. He had to be in the room.
Speaker 3: Okay, Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Chili loves him some Chavelle and Man, he loves him some p o D. He's an Evans Blue fan.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: He loves blocked over Maryland Manson. Chili Book book this thing, here's no doubt.
Speaker 1: Tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster dot com. We gave away a pair of tickets to the winner of the.
Speaker 3: Five I've got Mooster Jam tickets for you. A four pack with pit passes coming your way in around eight twenty. Alternative Income at nine ten nine inch Nails tickets.
Speaker 1: For their show September twelve. We'll give those away on you know the show today.
Speaker 3: Seventy chance of morning showers, cloudy today. We're gonna se hies him around seventy two, Okay. Alex Houston's headlines All.
Speaker 1: Right, well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: A manhunt is underway for an inmate that escaped the Harris County jail Yesterdaylaw enforcement searching for forty seven year old Travis Earl Bryant, who walked out of a processing center yesterday where he was waiting transfer to another facility. The processing center also held inmates that were set to be released, so it's believed that Bryant blended in with those inmates in order to escape. Deputy Say Bryant was the last scene wearing a dark gray mechanics jumper and described him as a black man who is six feet tall and one hundred and seventy five pounds. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to call the Harris County Sheriff's Department or crime stoppers.
Speaker 1: I want every one of these made into a movie.
Speaker 4: It was like, if he just gets out and doesn't do anything, it's like you getta on the run for a while for it to be a movie.
Speaker 1: Right, they'll get They'll get them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they will always will. Maybe by show's end, maybe one of our listeners a spawned to yah approach. Just call the Harris County Sheriff's Office and crime stoppers. President Donald Trump tried to freeze federal funds yesterday, but it was later temporarily blocked by a judge. The Office of Management and Budget issued a memo yesterday saying that federal funding would be paused at five pm, just minutes before the pause was set to go in effect. US District Judge Lauren ali Con blocked the freeze due to a lawsuit brought by nonprofit groups.
Speaker 1: Later, in a White House briefing, Press.
Speaker 4: Secretary Caroline leave It said that funds that go straight to Americans look like or like Social Security and Medicare would not be affected so I kind of tried to look some of this stuff up because I wasn't really sure what I was talking about. The first one, it looks like they were going to offer like a buyout basically to people that are government employees at a certain age where it's like, hey, you can take this amount of money, like I think it's like eight to ten months of pay to retire, okay, And then they like, in their mind they think that that saves money because you're not spending it on government employees. So they would not replace these people. They would just have fewer government employees on payroll. So after you get them to buy out, then you're not paying government employees, which lowers government spend.
Speaker 1: That is what I took away from this. Do not quote me on that.
Speaker 3: That is what I think I read, but politics confuses me. At least they're offering them some sort of a package. In radio, they just say you're done.
Speaker 1: See that's all they do around here, or even Pale who's brutal. In lighter news, Valentine's Day can be a tough day.
Speaker 4: For single people, but a new study shows that going on a bad date Valentine's Day maybe better than not going on a date at all. In a survey of single people say they'd be willing to go on a first date on Valentine's Day. Yeah, I got a good idea for you. Maybe the Mile of Meat. It's a bunch of first dates, Charley says.
Speaker 3: We have a bunch of guys that have signed up in the last couple of days. Be all time, be adventurous. My model this year is get involved, whether you are newly on the market or you are been on the market for a long time and you want to try something fun. I know that the headlines from Mile of Meat is people have gotten married and there's kids and all of that.
Speaker 1: That's putting too much pressure on it.
Speaker 3: It's just been this fun thing that has happened over the years from doing it for so long. If you want to have a fun, fun night fellas and a fun morning with Alex out on the roadside, give me the best fine, apply.
Speaker 1: For Mile of Meat.
Speaker 3: Okay, we need dudes from all walks of life, shapes, sizes, backgrounds, ages. We need you all make today the date that you signed up signed up because we got to start really kind of getting these things ready and figure out who who's going to be on that miracle Mile of Valentine's Day's on a Friday. We need you a Friday morning, and then we need you at Cactus Cove at the Mile of Meat party where you will meet your date.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a fun time. Okay, links and guests please get adress.
Speaker 4: Sixty five percent of these single men said they were into it, compared to fifty seven percent of single women on going on a first date on Valentine's Day. And it looks like gen Z was the most adventurous because seventy percent of them surveyed said they were down for a Valentine's Day first date. Mile of Meat wikamishrod Ryan showpage the buzz dot com to sign up.
Speaker 1: The new Captain.
Speaker 4: America says that Captain America shouldn't represent America. Anthony Mackie, who is the current Captain America, is getting a little heat online after some comments made about his character.
Speaker 1: In an interview, Mackie.
Speaker 4: Said that Captain America represents a lot of different things and quote, I don't think the term America should be one of those repersentations. After seeing the backlash he got over his comments, mack he released a statement saying that he was he has the utmost respect for those that serve our country, and that he meant that. Captain America is someone with characteristics that people all over the world can relate to, and not just Americans. His name is Captain America though, so you can understand why people be upset. Also, it's a superhero. Maybe chill out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, he just got caught.
Speaker 4: Miss Speaker's just riffing, and sometimes you riff and it doesn't go well.
Speaker 1: All right, I know that firsthand.
Speaker 4: In music news, we talked about a Blink on Ay two benefit show for the California wildfires, and then yesterday more news came out. The former singer Matt Skiva and his band Alkaline Trio are going to open for Blink at the concert. Matt Skiba was a part of Blank on two from twenty fifteen to twenty twenty two during Tom Delong's hiatus. The benefit show is going to be on February thirteenth the Hollywood Palladium. Tickets are on sale now, and those are Euston's headlines. All right, let's go over to alex with sports. The Rockets got another win last night. They beat the Hawks one hundred to ninety six. Jalen Green had twenty five points the night to the ead all players and scoring. Rockets have now won four in a row. They're the third best team in basketball record wise, and they're gonna have a day off today before playing the Grizzlies on the road tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Houston's rocking alternatives. The rod Rast The Morning.
Speaker 9: Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz ninety.
Speaker 3: Four five the Buzz top point part of the show.
Speaker 1: Peopa offs, Frank Gotta get away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rod Ryan's Show, eight oh seven Morning showers today, you nasty out there, seventy percent. She has the morning showers. Cloudy highs today of around seventy two. Moving right along today, man, Big Monstergy on weekend. I'm excited. My kid's excited about all the Trump trucks that her dad's face.
Speaker 1: Is not on.
Speaker 3: She can't wait for a grave digger, she can't wait for megaladon school bus one school. Yeah, the classroom Crusher. It's the Houston debut of that. But The Rod Ryan Show. Monster Jam Truck will be performing Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are available through a Ticketmathter locations. I'm gonna have a four pack of Monster Jam tickets with pit passes for Sunday.
Speaker 1: We will not be in the pit. Our truck will be down there.
Speaker 3: We won't be in the pit on Sunday, but we will be Saturday night we will or Saturday during the day we will be in.
Speaker 1: The pits as well as the following Saturday. There's three Monster Jams this year.
Speaker 4: Send us all the pictures and videos of our truck, do you can't. I always love it when people send the pictures and stuff because I don't always get to stay for the actual Monster Jam part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's cool to see, oh, treads on the dack. Yeah, it's backwards. It's a long day Saturday. We're staying. We got some friends coming and we're gonna watch the show. It's just cool.
Speaker 3: I mean, my kid has grown up with it. I don't think it's one of those things. It just she doesn't know how good she has it. Yeah, it's not her fault. It's all she's ever known, you know, going to Monster Jam all the time.
Speaker 4: And stage announcements, buzz Fastest and anniversary parties.
Speaker 3: But it's evident that her favorite truck is not her dad's truck. That's she just doesn't know any better, all right, So Monster Jam think it's coming up.
Speaker 1: I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Chili has been on me to get the word out about Mile of Meat. And then you're kind of doing a story in headlines today where it talks about people are open this year to a first date. I think it's a perfect story. It plays into what we're trying to do here. Sixty percent of people out there say they are open to a first date for Valentine's Day this year. It's like almost they asked our listeners that you know, are familiar with with the mile of Meat. Mile of Meat is on a Friday. I think that plays into it as well. That's going to be really really fun. Chilli, we got some dudes signing up. Are you Are you nervous?
Speaker 1: Are you feeling comfortable with the amount of people that have signed up? Where are you at?
Speaker 11: I'm feeling comfortable now, Okay. I was nervous at the beginning of a week. I started seeing how if you built it, they will come.
Speaker 1: And they're starting to do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So guys, we want to help you get a date on Valentine's day. Now, don't think that the women aren't going to get involved. Women, you gotta go buy it. You gotta go drive by and.
Speaker 1: See the cut.
Speaker 3: It's a meat we're gonna put on the road side on Friday morning. But yeah, we're gonna have the Miracle Miles set up twenty dudes on the road side, and then girls are going to drive by and uh they're going to try to get a date that.
Speaker 1: Night with one of the dudes that are on the road side. Can we talked to Deb about the T shirts yet? Not that shouldn't be done at a meeting. Yeah, that's on my h on my to do list today.
Speaker 3: Deb, we're calling you today over at DMP. Yeah, we got to get the shirts and all that stuff going. And then I just got worried that it's a lock. We've been there for the last couple of years. Gunner, Thank you. Cactus Cove is where we're going to do the meeting of the Mile of Meat. That's where the party is, guys.
Speaker 1: It's on Friday night. Yeah, so awesome. Yeah, dude, this party really gets ramped up. And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: All the real good saucy stories come after nine o'clock and chances.
Speaker 1: To where I was leaving.
Speaker 3: But we're always leaving because we got to be at work the next day. We can actually stay and party and see some of these shenanigans that we hear about every year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because there's a Friday, So chances just went up for the guys to score.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I guess the chances went up for the girls too. Yeah. Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: I love this promotion. I never want to not do it. There was somebody that felt that they laid claim to the term mile of meat. We had to get into some kind of argument with them. We thought that it was going to go away, and we were able to get the okay to keep it going. This has been going on for years. Guys, this has been going on for years. Don't worry about all the stories. I think they're fun. The couples that have gotten married because of the first date that we put them with this person, that stuff's all fun.
Speaker 1: No pressure, man, Just come and have a good time. Guys. I need you to sign up.
Speaker 3: I'm shutting it down this week. I need you to sign up this week because then we got to start getting prepared. Who's going to be in it. There's a lot of prep, prep work that we've got to put in behind the scenes. I want you to sign up this week, Chilli. I'm thinking about closing it out on Friday.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts on that, I'm fine with that, Okay, guys, Now is the time to sign up for the mile of Meat at the Buzz dot com. Rockand Alternative Fever used to the Round Ryan Morning Show six to ten am The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Yes it is Wait, wakey, hands off, snaky seventy percent chance of morning showers. Cloudy today, highs of around seventy two. We're gonna talk a little monster jam coming up. But I gotta go over to Alex and ask him what's trending?
Speaker 1: What do you see out there?
Speaker 4: Wild card Wednesday trending again today. Submitted to us by listener Eli. Go give her a give her a look. He checked her out earlier today.
Speaker 1: He like what you saw. That son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: He kicks ice cubes when he drops them under his freezer, under his.
Speaker 1: Refrigerator and sin just wild times. But he's got a good eye. Yeah, I can't take that from him. I can stand that he kicks those ice cubes, but boy, he's got an eye also trending is F thirty five crash. There's an F thirty five. I think it's a fighter jet.
Speaker 4: Don't quote me on that, but he crashed in Alaska at Elson Air Force Base. The pilot in the crash was okay. He was able to eject himself from the flight before it crashed. But yeah, everybody's talking about this this plane crash in Alaska right now.
Speaker 1: That looks like the top gun plane. Yes, that's what I assumed. It was a fighter jet.
Speaker 4: That was a fighter jet.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's an F thirty five. Lunar New Year twenty twenty five still trending, is it?
Speaker 4: It's Chinese New Year, but it's also Lunar New Year, so we call it whatever you want.
Speaker 1: But it's the year the Snake. So I hope that you're stoked about that.
Speaker 3: We don't have that clip. I'm a fake, I'm a fnanke. I don't know we ever played that on the air. It's one of those really early viral clips. I know we got probably Samuel L. Jackson, who's sick of the Snake's on a plane, But I don't know we ever have that, big Kid.
Speaker 1: We don't have that one. We got this enough is enough. I have had it with these mud up snakes on this mother by Oh yeah, Samuel Jackson.
Speaker 3: I have been doing this long enough that I remember when we found out the movie was coming out, Snake's on a Plane. We were taking bets if he was going to have some sort of explicitive laden tagline for.
Speaker 1: The movie that we were going to use forever. Yeah, we were correct in that that line has been around for all right. Mustard Jam.
Speaker 3: Four pack of tickets with pit passes to go see the world class drivers and their trucks on Sunday. I'll take Caller ten seven one three, two one two, five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show ninety four, five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, brought Ryan Show with he Benjamin.
Speaker 1: Eight twenty six.
Speaker 3: Huge Monster Jam Weekend Here in Houston n ERG Stadium, Best Drivers in the World, Brod Ryan Show, Monster Jam Truck will be performing Grave Digger.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Hello, who's on the phone here? Good morning?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? Who is this this?
Speaker 7: Matt?
Speaker 1: Matt? You want to go to Monster Jam on Sunday? Hell yeah, come on, let's do it. I got a four pack of tickets with pitt passes, make a whole day of it. Okay, yeah, okay, that sounds amazing. You've been to Monster Jam before, right, I haven't been since I was the kid, probably fourteen or fifteen years old, already three now, really.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, bro, Well you need to be back in that number. Dude, You're gonna have a great time. I'll tell you what, you just like be you're transported to back like when you were a kid. You feel like when you see when you hear those when you hear the trucks fire up, that's where it really kind of takes you back.
Speaker 1: I hope you have a great time, dude.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Matt.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Matt, Thank you so much. Hey, Matt, do you ad when you thank you? You too? When you're watching TVs and movies, do you have subtitles on?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you said you're thirty four years old, thirty three thirty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The younger you are, the more prone you are to be using these subtitles in close captions. Thirty three percent of our audience says they always use subtitles, thirty four percent occasionally, thirty two percent never.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks Matt, have a great time. On Sunday, Do Do Do Do do?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: I got your boy. I found him. It's fourteen years ago. Man, it's fourteen years ago.
Speaker 3: This video now has thirty four million views and apparently I'm kind of curious to click on this link.
Speaker 1: He says, he's on cameo the snake kid who is a grown ass man right now.
Speaker 5: Snag. I'm a snag. I'm a snag. I'm a snag. I'm a sweather snake, a snag. I'm snake because I'm a snag.
Speaker 1: Because remember this video, kind of like a chubby kid with what looks like a homemade snake cap on. I gotta click this.
Speaker 3: Interested in your own snake? Oh my god, he's a man. He's a grown ass man on cameo twenty five bucks. You can get your own. Uh, he'll roast you, He'll do a pep talk for you if it's your birthday, holidays, just a random gift. Someone know what cameo is.
Speaker 1: We hadn't talked about it like a celebrity shout out.
Speaker 3: We hadn't talked about it in a long time. As a matter of fact, I bought one of these from my mom. I bought her Wayne Newton. Oh nice, I wish you liked that, Wayne Newton. My mom lost it was the monkey there. Wayne Newton's monkey was not there. But Wayne Newton left by mom a birthday message, and I don't know. I think it was a couple hundred dollars. The snake guy is twenty five bucks, bro, How did you not have him promoting your six hundred Past the Gravy podcast?
Speaker 1: Budge, it's tight. Twenty five dollars for the snake guy. It's all Bobby jokes. He's expensive.
Speaker 3: I gotcha, Okay, all right, Well, the reason why I'm talking about the snake is the year of the snake, right, Happy Lunar New Year or Chinese New Year today. Now, I want to make sure that I don't I don't want to come across as a tone of glorifying this.
Speaker 1: But there's just some things that are you're going to hear where you just got to say, good God. I didn't even know this was possible.
Speaker 3: Crazy criminal blog page that I have seen this A few people have a few people have commented on it already.
Speaker 1: They've looked ahead. I do I never want to do anything that glorifies drunk driving.
Speaker 4: Do not do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, this guy was so hammered on Friday. He maxed out the breathalyzer. Okay, think about that carnival game where you have the hammer and you hit you take the mallet and you hit it as hard as you can and you ring the bell.
Speaker 1: He says, how is that thing will go?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: He maxed out the breathalyzer. Didn't know that was possible. I didn't know. I didn't know it had a limit on. It's what was the max?
Speaker 3: He's fifty two years old. He's a middle school gym teacher in Wisconsin. Cops got a call on Friday. There was a hit and run crash at night, No. Seven point thirty in the morning. Okay, this all happened in the morning. Now, this guy was driving, hit his kid in the car, dropped his kid off at the wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, come on, man.
Speaker 3: Then he drives off, rear ends somebody on his way to work. He leaves the scene, told the person I gotta go. I'm a teacher, I gotta get to school. Well, person gets the shot.
Speaker 1: Of the license plate.
Speaker 3: Cops find his smashed up jeep in the school parking lot. Makes it to his school, but I think he dropped the kid off at the wrong school. They gave him four field sobriety tests. He fails them all. The principal was then asked if they could search his office. They found alcohol in the guy's office. So this guy is obviously he's he's a big, big day drinker.
Speaker 1: Yeakay, seems like it. Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know what kind of time is involved here, because he drops the kid off, gets in an accident, the cops find out that the cops are called. Then they find him field sobriety tests, four of them. Think about all the time that that takes. Then they finally breathalyze him. He blows a point four that's five times the legal limit. It may have been higher than that. That's where the breathalyzer maxed out. Man yep Ding hit the top. In court on Monday, a judge told him that he's lucky to be alive. He couldn't believe that someone could be that drunk, especially before eight o'clock in the morning. So obviously, this guy's facing multiple charges, included one driving drunk with a kid, which is.
Speaker 1: The child ngagement. Horrific.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So he's doing court next Tuesday. I got his photo I got all the ins and outs of this story on the Crazy Criminal.
Speaker 1: Blog page today. Guys, I mean this is in the morning, right to max out a breathalyzer you've.
Speaker 4: Been drinking all day, all night probably Or do you just you get you just get up and you start hitting it?
Speaker 1: What do you pound a handle a vodka? Imagine that had to be got Lee and then.
Speaker 3: Got behind the wheel a Crazy Criminal blog page today, links and guests show.
Speaker 1: I pooped, but all.
Speaker 7: Right here we go.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: The buzz loved our discussion yesterday about concert t shirts and people sharing their concert t shirts and how many they have or band t shirts, and it all came from a story that Alex was doing about Nirvana. Do you have like an in Utero you have any Nirvana concert T shirt? They're worth some money. They're worth some money. And that was one of the most coveted ones, the long sleeve Nirvana shirt from the in Utero tour, which did come here, which did play here, and several of our listeners win, did you.
Speaker 1: Buy the T shirt? Do you still have?
Speaker 3: It could be worth north of of two thousand dollars. That was yesterday's discussion. Today's discussion is Happy Lunar New Year, the Year of the Snake. I asked Alex if we had that kid from that viral video years ago where he was saying that he was a snake.
Speaker 4: A.
Speaker 5: Snag, I'm a snag, I'm a snag, I'm a snag, I'm a fleather snake, a snag.
Speaker 3: Still funny, always funny, still funny because he because he commits to it. So I had to look that up on YouTube. The guy's on cameo. His name is Matt Kek. He's the I'm a Snake guy. He lists himself as a YouTube star. He is thirty four million views on that snake video that I just played for you fourteen years ago.
Speaker 1: It's awesome cameo.
Speaker 3: I think most of you know as a service that celebrities like him or real celebrities, they go on there and you can get a customized message from them, and it's a side hustle for someone that has a name for themselves.
Speaker 1: We talked about this several times.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, we used to play the cameo game, like who costs more Jose can Say or Gary Busey.
Speaker 1: We would put two. We would put two celebrities against one another. I don't know. I don't know offhand.
Speaker 3: I was just throwing those names out there. But there's some big names on there. Yeah that wait, does Terry Bradshaw need the money? Probably not, but I think he's on cameo. I think you could hire Terry Bradshaw to look in his camera and do a custom message for you.
Speaker 4: Now, I think Terry Bradhor didn't do very good like I would. You could see like the previous ones they've done a hah right, it's it's Terry trying to wish you and yours happy birthday. All right, thanks, and you're like, somebody paid four hundred dollars for that.
Speaker 1: The snake guy commits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to hear yes, please the snake guy from fourteen years ago. These are twenty five dollars. Here's an example that you can hear that he's grown up a little bit. Uh huh, he's not really a kid anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you flither, little mag if make have a birthday, I hope it is a mazn oh. I hope you get to get on roadblocks and flither around. Maybe somebody I got you some roebucks for your birthday. I don't know, Kate, and I hope it's wonderful, but make serious.
Speaker 1: Its Cayden's message.
Speaker 3: This guy, I'm telling you, he absolutely commits to these things.
Speaker 1: Nigga Snag and Matt Love that name.
Speaker 2: Your secret Santa is messigeing you again to let you know your presence late, but it's kind of your fault this time.
Speaker 1: Twenty five bucks, Genia, it's the Year of the Snake. Dude, I might get one. I got a Kato Klein. H Yeah, you've you've.
Speaker 3: Actually I told you that I bought one from my mom years ago. Wayne Newton, Uh, it was a couple hundred bucks. You've bought these before too, Yeah, we did one year.
Speaker 4: We had a good year with endorsements on my podcast one year, and so I was like, we should have a budget for cameo presenters at our at our Gravies Awards at the end of the year. So I just had like five cameos that were in like a two hundred dollars budget, and Kato'klen was like forty dollars. And we used Kato Kalin, we used the Senator from the Office, we used Bob Vance from the Office, and we used Rachel doleas all.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can forget her, the chick that said she was black. Yes, you got a cameo from her. She gave out the Woman of the Year award. Terry Bradshaw is on there still. I'm looking at it right now. Terry Bradshaw glad to be a part of the cameo team. So you got someone you'd like to wish happy birthday? I'll get well. Yeah, but I don't see how much it costs Terry. Too much, you gotta asked. I'll never availble for it. It does not list a price. I wonder if he's not active anymore on there. Okay, I found a Cato. Won't give me play it? You have Kato? Oh, I don't know if you can play it from over there? Can you play it from that side?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: You have it in the ladies and germs.
Speaker 11: Kaalen.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much, and welcome to the Southern Star Preene Companies.
Speaker 1: A war show for Past the Gravy. First go to wish here with the gravy. Can't give me your Christmas? What is music? Cato came He's playing songs for us past the Gravy.
Speaker 12: I'm talking to you Davey from the Navy. Paul is a real estate novelist. Wait, that's a different song. Passa Gravy twenty nineteen has been so good early morning grinders.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing glinders. We love past the Gravy. I didn't write any of that. He just looked that on his own.
Speaker 4: We would just be like, can congratulate so and so I'm winning this award and wish everyone to merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: And that's what he did. That's how you stay on there, you go above and beyond. Yeah. Wow, Okay, Cato is such a great guy. All right, what do we have anything else on this show other than carry over the rest of the show. Wow, I got alternative income. We should bring back the cameo game.
Speaker 3: Though I used to like that, I would like that, all right, one thousand dollars alternative income. It's the next big thing, the next milestone on today's show. That's coming away around nine to ten.
Speaker 1: Sit tight for that.
Speaker 3: So much to do on links and guests though, Okay, food blog page today, it's their crazy criminal blog page. We talked about looking at girls some big birthdays today, man, go check it out.
Speaker 1: Rock and Alternative First, the rod.
Speaker 9: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Pete Roach, No apologies, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Wildcard Wednesday are number one. Link, Links and Guests is doing really well today. So thank you guys for that.
Speaker 3: As I'm kind of I'm tracking the weather too, it looks like we might be Yeah, we're gonna slow down considerably on the rain, which is good. But yeah, links and guests, it's a it says a fine day. Eighteen percent more traffic. Wildcard Wednesday number one, Looking at Girls, oh from yesterday's Looking at Girls number one.
Speaker 1: And then you got that drunk driver that I talked about that on the Crazy Criminal blog page.
Speaker 3: Certainly not glorifying what this guy did, but god, Leaf, I mean, how do you just how do you drink that much in the morning? If you missed that story Crazy Criminal blog page, it's our number three blog page this morning. So it looks like, I mean, we're still going to maintain around a twenty percent chance of arrange.
Speaker 1: It looks like the worst of it is behind us.
Speaker 3: Cloudy's guys, we could see highs up around seventy two today.
Speaker 1: This jail break is still an active story like I did.
Speaker 4: I thought there was I've been waiting for an update and I haven't seen a I thought there.
Speaker 3: Was a possibility that this was going to get shut down by the time we were done. But Alex Houston's headlines, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Good morning everyone, and manhunt is underway for an inmate that escaped the Harris County jail yesterday. Law enforcement it's looking for forty seven year old Travis Earl Bryant, who walked out of a processing center yesterday where he was awaiting transfer to another facility. The processing center also held inmates that were set to be released, and it's believed that Bryant blended in with those inmates in.
Speaker 1: Order to escape.
Speaker 4: Deputies say that Bryant was last scene wearing a dark gray mechanics jumper and described him as a black man who is six feet tall and one hundred and seventy five pounds. Anyone with information is urged to call the Harris County Sheriffs Office or crime stoppers.
Speaker 1: And to not approach approach the suspect.
Speaker 4: About two months ago, people in the New Jersey area notice some mystery drones flying around the sky, and now the White House has some answers sort of In her first press briefing yesterday, Press Secretary Carol and leave It said that after research and study, the drones that were flying in the New Jersey area in large numbers were authorized to be flown by the FAA for research and various other reasons. Various other reasons could literally mean anything anything at all. So it's like, we know that FAA is responsible, blame them, but they did it for because they did it, because that's why.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no word on what the other reasons were, but it looks like the Federal Aviation Administration is responsible, and I would like them to apologize to everyone.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna happen, but I would like an apology.
Speaker 4: So the Monday after the super Bowl be a national holiday, Rod, Yes, I wouldn't hate it.
Speaker 1: We thought we were gonna get one, but your damn Bill's couldn't get done. Yeah. Well, we personally would have head off. Yes, we would have. Yes. You know.
Speaker 4: Also you could take a vacation day. That's also that is also a possibility. You could just say, hey, I am going to take that day off.
Speaker 1: This comes up every year around this time, the day after the super Bowl. What do we do with it?
Speaker 3: Do we just Alex, suck it up and do what we've always done. Do we push for some sort of a holiday or do we add another week to the NFL schedule so that the super Bowl falls on President's Day weekend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is one week away.
Speaker 4: So according to the study, fifty five percent of people think that it should be a holiday. People say that they are tired and hungover from the festivities surrounding the game. Studies have even shown a lack of productivity the Monday after the super Bowl. Forty one percent of people say that Monday after the super Bowl is one of the worst days of the year for them, and a national holiday would be would have to be granted by the government and President Trump, which is unlikely to happen at least for this year.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I am in the minority on it, I guess because I think it's like the It's like March Madness. The vibes are high to me afterwards, like, dude, what about that game? And then everybody's just recap in the game. It's one of the few things that everybody watches. It's like with March Madness. You're yeah, I'm at work, but like this is an awesome day for work because I'm not really gonna do any But would you if you have a presentation the day after the super Bowl? Okay, I understand that sucks. But if you're just going in like I'm gonna half ass it all day, this is great. And then you leave it, you'll you peace out a little bit early because you're tired, come up.
Speaker 1: With some excuse to get out of the office. But like, this is a half ass day. I would enjoy it way more if I knew I didn't have to get up in the morning. That's true.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt that my experience personally, this is just you're asking me my experience would be a hundred times better the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I don't let myself go on Sundays. I don't enjoy it. It's just like, I know, I got work in the morning. If I could just.
Speaker 3: Balls out and party and eat and drink and do all that during the super Bowl, it'd be so great.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Two of my best friends are they have a party every every year up in the Woodlands, and I never get to go to it because we worked the next morning.
Speaker 1: But that's just that's that's part of what you get.
Speaker 4: You know, I could go up to it, but I don't want to go too hard and then have to drive back and be hungover. So let's just ad that's vision that I'm Jake and Logan Paul tis some kind of big event. Yesterday, it looked like they were going to fight each other at one point, but sources say that it's just a reality show they were promoting. Jake Paul tweeted a picture of the two brothers squaring up like you would see in a promo poster for a fight. He captured the photo the moment You've been waiting a decade for March twenty seventh on Max. Everyone naturally assumed that it would be the two brothers fighting, but it looks like it was all just a big ruse and a publicity sign to promote an upcoming reality show for them.
Speaker 1: I have no information on the reality show though.
Speaker 3: Nor would I care. Yeah, there would be no follow up for me. If they're not fighting, you'll get no follow up.
Speaker 1: From how do we scam everyone out of watching our fights? They're not fighting? Geez, what are they doing? Hmm? Yeah? Can never be like I don't care where you do.
Speaker 4: Jake Paul's up to the Dave Matthews Band and asked dates for a twenty twenty five spring and summer tour. But it looks like they forgot all about little all Houston. The start of the tour is April twenty seventh. April twenty seventh at jazz Fest in New Orleans. And if you were here in Houston, want to see the Dave Matthews be That's about as close as they'll be that entire tour. They're not even coming to Texas at all on the twenty different cities that they're going to stop along. Yeah, used to not being one of those cities.
Speaker 1: Kind of a bummer.
Speaker 4: I feel like every year they play the Woodlands, those are the barefoot shows that everybody gets excited for.
Speaker 1: We usually get to give away tickets to it. I think people, Yeah, they count on it being a part of their summer. Yeah, so it's truly summer, and he just not this year.
Speaker 3: He released the dates. He said, this is it, this is everything that we're doing. So the closest location, as you said, would be the New Orleans Jazz Festival.
Speaker 1: It's a quick little drive. It's a fifty five minute flight go to jazz Fest. And see Dave.
Speaker 4: Honestly not a great start to the Year of the Snake if you ask me. Tickets for that tour on sale now. Dave Matthews is also going to be playing the Fire Aid benefit concert tomorrow night in LA and he is teased doing something with John Mayer, so that'll be kind of exciting to watch.
Speaker 1: You can listen to that on many iHeartRadio stations like this one. Those are Uston's headlines. All right. I guess the Rockets the hottest team in the NBA, very hot right now.
Speaker 4: They have the best winning percentage against the top eight teams in the league. They got another win last night, being the Hawks one hundred to ninety six on short rest. Jalen Green had twenty five points a night to lead all players in scoring. They've won four in a row, third best team of the NBA record wise right now at thirty two and fourteen. They're gonna have a day off for playing the Grizzlies on the road tomorrow night. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Good of Buzz, Rocky and altern very soon The Rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz Incubis and nice to know you welcome to the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: It's nine oh eight.
Speaker 3: Most of the rain is behind us, still twenty percent chance, cloudy high of seventy two today.
Speaker 1: You guys are doing a great job of hit this up on the website.
Speaker 3: One hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall, talking about the big game coming up?
Speaker 1: Should we have the day after that big game off? We will be here working now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you got he has to win five hundred dollars for the first three quarters and then five hundred dollars on the final score. Did you get your picture into us yet? One hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall. Bottles or cans are acceptable, but it must be Love Street Blonde.
Speaker 1: Okay? Mile of meat links and guests.
Speaker 3: Chili says that by ten o'clock he's going to have somebody that's he's gonna pull a person's name that's gonna come down and play.
Speaker 1: Read my lips tomorrow. Oh is he now? Yeah, you're off the hook. You're just time keeping. It's Chili who's gonna play this mystery person? Yeah? Did he say?
Speaker 3: I feel like he went rogue last year last week and picked it like way before I asked him about it.
Speaker 1: Do you have a set time? Are we doing this on the last segment when.
Speaker 3: We're saying, you know, goodbye and Jeremy's coming up, when are you pulling that name?
Speaker 11: Yeah, we'll pull it at that, like after we get the winner for a NOTO show or before, however you want to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel like you went early last week. Yeah, like nine thirty, we're running wrong with a name. Yeah, whatever happens at nine thirty.
Speaker 11: Well, you know I have to reach out early so I can get confirmation. It just happened that I got confirmation real fast last time.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know so, but somebody at this late time on wild Card Wednesday. You're telling me that somebody could go to Links and guests right now. Oh yeah, do what you ask and they could still be chosen in just a few minutes, you know, twenty thirty minutes from now.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because I'll go back and look and then I'll be like, Okay, this person seems like it can be a challenge for a champion like me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, choosing who he plays. No, it just looks like it's a challenge. Wait a minute, there's no other you can't sugarcoat this any other way.
Speaker 3: You're choosing who you play. You and you alone are choosing the person that comes in here to play you.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's my job. You know, it's my job. Got delivered it. I signed for it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: He's like bailing out a little Q tests for everyone every bit in nineteen fifty five. Oh you just smart from me. Nope, nope, nokay.
Speaker 3: All right, So there's that to sign up for, so lots of things to do. Thank you, guys for signing up for the Mile of Meat. I got chili off my back a little bit. He still wants me to promote it. We're going to take applications all week, but we are going to shut it down on Friday. We're gonna shut down the applications. If you want to become a part of the Mile of Meat, you can get into that. You can get after that on the world famous rod ryanshowpage at the buzz dot com. Can't hit one thousand dollars some alternative income. Anybody interested in.
Speaker 10: This Houston Rock, Houston's alternative all day and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four fives.
Speaker 3: That does, all right, Welcome back everybody on this wild card at Wednesday, we're sitting on those nine inch Nails tickets and gingerly you gotta sit on those.
Speaker 1: Uh, we'll give those away. I know the show. They go on sale today at new Somebody asked me, do I think ninety Nails? Do they sell out today? I don't know the Toylet Center. I don't think so. You don't think so. I don't think they sell out day one cell this week. I don't know anymore. I know it's ninety Nails. You're right, But are we more excited than most people about it? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I can't endorse them enough as far as going to see a band live too. Even if they're not on your bucket list, they should be. They're that good live, they really are.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if they sell out. I don't know anymore. Online Kid's allis online? Ninety four five? What you got today? I agree AOL for you today.
Speaker 4: Sports are pretty cool. They can be, But you know what makes sports cooler?
Speaker 1: Fire? Okay?
Speaker 4: Fire sports is today's AOL, and it's just regular sports that you normally watch. This time, they're playing with a ball or puck on fire.
Speaker 1: We used to do this when we were kids. Oh, we like lighter fluid on it, let it. We would soak a tennis ball overnight. We would do that in gasoline. We would soak a couple of them, and then on fourth or July like kind of in front of our parents, almost like they kind of knew we were doing it and didn't sing anything.
Speaker 3: They would go out on the street and we would play with our hockey sticks and we would pass the ball back and forth on fire.
Speaker 4: We would do it with a tennis racket when I lived in Georgia. We would light put lighter fluid on it and then just bam, hit it as hard as we could at each other with uh local flaming tennis balls.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Tennis is not one of those. You can watch flaming soccer though. Flaming hockey, yeah, it's called mayan fire hockey. That might be my new favorite sport. A fire basketball, dunk, fire baseball. Saw all the sports, but add fire to it and it makes it cooler. As u aol today at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buz dot com.
Speaker 6: You got it.
Speaker 1: Hadn't thought about playing that fight hockey in forever. That's so much fun.
Speaker 3: Show Experience, Adventure, James, The Cosmics ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show, Shine Down, and Dead Don't Die.
Speaker 1: It's Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 3: We're just sitting here talking about nine inch nails and just realized that Trent Reznor is what now, just shy a tony.
Speaker 4: He's a tony from being an egot because he had one was a Golden Globes, which is I don't remember what that's called, but he's won Emmy's.
Speaker 3: The Golden Globes isn't a part of the egot, So the egot is e g O, t Emmy, Grammy, Oscar Tony, which like off the top of my head, Whoopy Goldberg has that?
Speaker 4: Kay?
Speaker 1: She has one of those each.
Speaker 4: James Earl Jones is the only a Got winner because he also want a gravy as well as everything else.
Speaker 1: So he's the only person to ever win all of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, So Trent is just shy a tony. He has won an Emmy, He's won like five Emmys. He's won several Grammys and three Academy Awards.
Speaker 4: Because we were thinking Emmy might be tough because it's going to be TV. But he was in an HBO series that he was music for. So just just put together a Broadway play for him. Come on, let's get him in there. Does that translate to people being introduced to him? Maybe through that way. It's like, you know, he's Academy Award winning. It's not like he's going to be doing music from the Social Network movie. When he played it's nine Inch Nails.
Speaker 1: It's a separate soundtrack, it's a separate entity. But he probably could do that work. It could be like an.
Speaker 4: Orchestra night with Trent Reznor and they just play soundtrack music.
Speaker 3: Well, we're talking about Trent because we're giving away tickets to Nine Inch Nails and it's a Mussy show. It's September twelfth at the Toyota Center. We will have tickets for you on the show today. Pretty disturbing that I read this and keeping it light tight and bright. But this new report that's out most Americans cannot afford a one thousand dollars emergency expense.
Speaker 1: Think about this.
Speaker 3: This goes hand in hand with Okay, obviously this person is living paycheck to paycheck, which is some of you. And I understand that you're like Rod, I don't make enough money to save Alex. I was I was trying to get Alex involved in the four oh one k here for the longest time, which is back by the way. Finally, and you just look at me. You're dude, I don't make enough money. I can't And I'm like, you just got to find a way to save something. You got to find a way because it's going to build a habit that's going to be it's going to work for you down the road. New survey over one thousand adults, fifty nine percent of Americans don't have enough savings to cover an unexpected one thousand dollars expense that would come upon So you go out and something happens, boom, it's one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: You don't have it.
Speaker 3: They don't have it, car wrec fifty nine percent. And this isn't even bagging on young people. Okay, gen Z eighty percent of that group don't know how they would cover a one thousand dollars expense right now. Okay, seventy two percent of Gen X and millennials, fifty eight percent of boomers. So they've got more money, they've done a better job savings. I didn't know that the threshold that this many people would be devastated with a one thousand dollars bill right now.
Speaker 1: I absolutely believe this. I absolutely believe this.
Speaker 4: Just with the cost of everything going up, the cost of like, yeah, of paychecks going down, it feels like rent is higher than it's ever been and.
Speaker 1: It's not going to get any better.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, before I get the rod, you're so out of touch thing. I'll say this, and it's all my mom.
Speaker 1: It is all my mom.
Speaker 3: We just had to save money when we were kids. We were taught that you had to do it. There was something called Christmas Club. We had to pay for the presents that we gave to one another when we were young.
Speaker 1: We had to do that. When I got my paper route, I'm like ten years old, I got to get a bank account.
Speaker 4: There's like a union do basically a Christmas club.
Speaker 1: The Christmas Club thing.
Speaker 3: It was some kind of a thing that you just put away money and then you would get it, and then that's the money that you would use to go spend. I don't know, I can't remember how it worked, to be honest with you, but that was before my bank account. Ten years old, I get a bank account because I get a paper route.
Speaker 1: You think I'm just gonna run around and go buy baseball cards and do everything that I want to do with that money.
Speaker 3: I had to put money away and it was cool. It's like it was all handwritten and everything. And my mom absolutely forced us to save money. We were never gonna get all that money in our hands. I got to put it to my mom that she really did a great job with us when we were young.
Speaker 4: As a kid. You also didn't have bills too, you know what, Like I'm not gonna go buy this baseball card pack, but crap lights light light bills do today?
Speaker 1: I crap.
Speaker 3: I believe there are a ton of people that absolutely can't put any money away. And I understand this, and I believe the numbers are real. But I also believe that there are people that aren't putting anything away. I think that's true too, and I to not have that even.
Speaker 1: Rainy day fund.
Speaker 4: I am so.
Speaker 1: Stone cold scared of retiring and like running out of money. It freaks me out. It freaks me out. And when I see people.
Speaker 3: Freaking everybody out and they talk about like you know, how much how much you have saved up?
Speaker 1: Like you want to retire? What do you got?
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 1: What are you hoping to retire on?
Speaker 3: Some of these numbers are so ridiculously low, Like do you understand how much it costs to get old?
Speaker 4: And like it's a grim part of like getting older where you look at like how long can I realistically live?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like am I gonna be?
Speaker 4: Am?
Speaker 1: I gonna make it to eighty? There making it to eighty? I can't retire emmer.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm just not a guy that sits and blames everything on the system. You gotta take You got to take some accountability here.
Speaker 1: You have to, right. It's just I get it, there's things that are stacked against you.
Speaker 4: But I mean certain people are in situations where it's like you just can't put money away. If you X amount for rent, but then you got an X amount for child of care, and then an X amount for up keep on your car, X amount for this, X amount for that, and like you only have four hundred, five hundred dollars for whatever after that, then you gotta go buy groceries too. Again, Okay, cool, you saved fifty bucks, which is better than nothing, but it's it's slim pickens for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I just think there's got to be some sort of discipline to somehow put something away, to put something away, no matter how little. You can't be crippled by a thousand dollars bill. And you can't be. You can't be.
Speaker 3: You can't be forty years old and something happens that cost one thousand dollars and you've got to find a way to get that money. You gotta find find a way to have that tucked away somewhere right at that age.
Speaker 1: If you've been working, if you've been working, I get it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get blown up on this. Money is a very difficult thing. I don't think you hear somebody ramble on about is wrong. And you're not talking like you're better than anybody. You're just saying like, yeah, if you can save money, save it. It's very important.
Speaker 1: Is that we all need it. I wouldn't. I mean, I lie awake at night now I do too. I think I'm gonna be okay, but it's never enough.
Speaker 4: But like we were in the we were looking at houses last year, we were looking at renting houses right now, and it's just like the amount of okay, well if if if we paid this rent.
Speaker 1: We like it better here.
Speaker 4: But then that means that I'm gonna have to drive this much earlier for work in the morning, and then I'm gonna have to do this, and then I'm only gonna have this much to do this, Like then groceries, We're gonna have to cut this out of what we do.
Speaker 1: Like that's a that's a pain in the ass to do, man, And those kids are little money vacuums.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, and then you have a kid, you're I don't want to tell them no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the other thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: My parents had no problem telling me no. Yeah, I guess we gotta get better. Tell our kids you want it, you buy it?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Look look at all these things that these other kids are getting from the parents. Yeah, well that's them.
Speaker 4: And you could work earlier then too, Like how old were you when you did your paper up ten ten? I was fifteen when I could get my first job, and I think you have to be fourteen fifteen now, So it's still this made.
Speaker 1: The paper route was different. It wasn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't need like in New York, I needed to be fifteen or sixteen to get the dish washing job.
Speaker 1: I needed working papers.
Speaker 3: For some reason, they allowed kids to go out there mase slate labor deliver papers in the snow.
Speaker 1: They allowed it. They allowed it. I don't know. But then I was just thinking this. You know, Other John was telling me that he's a he's a Rocket season ticket holder. I know, I'm going all over the place. So he's Other John's a season ticket holder for everything. But he gets the.
Speaker 3: Toyota Center will send him. Hey, because you're a great loyal customer. Here you go to all this stuff at the Toyota Center. Here's all these pre sales if you want to buy. John buys his tickets. So here's nine inch nails, here's Shining Down, Here's Katy Perry. And you know, one hundred and fifty dollars for a Shine Down. It's three twenty five for Katie Perry. The difference now is, you know, my parents are like, you want to go, you buy that yourself?
Speaker 1: No, kid?
Speaker 3: Like when I was a kid, I could wash dishes on the weekends and save up to buy a concert ticket to go see my favorite band. You know, it was twenty five dollars to go see to go see Iron maiden or sure this priest or whatever.
Speaker 1: A kid, a girl, young girl doesn't have.
Speaker 4: Three hundred and twenty five dollars all summer for a Katie Perry ticket.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 3: Your parents have to take you if you're a young kid, whereas I had to wait to go to concerts until I could buy my own tickets.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: And it's just it's not fair for kids. This is it's just it's outrageous the count. That's just one thing. But the concert ticket industry. I could go and buy a ticket and go see my band.
Speaker 4: I do think that there is a correlation between kids that people that worked as like a kid, you started your job at like like you did a paper route or like you were fifteen sixteen when you started working, you had summer jobs, and then the people that went into college and then had to start working then because then you like when you were in high school and my parents were like, oh, you want to buy goalie pads, olet, but you're gonna have to earn these like and I had to. I had to work for those like you do learn to like kind of the value of saving up. And I think like if you start that earlier it's easy to hold onto those. Yeah, some people didn't art that earlier enough, and they're just not in the practice of it.
Speaker 1: So it's a new habit to get into. As easy as it seems like it wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I take it all the way back to my mom making me get that that checking account or that bank account and just handwriting.
Speaker 1: And then it was cool seeing it grow.
Speaker 3: It was cool, and then you know, I'm like, hey, can I You know, one of the big jokes with the Pollocks where I'm from, the Polish people, you know, you make a joke when somebody's tight. They're like, ah, he still got his communion money under his mattress.
Speaker 1: You know, that's how tight he is.
Speaker 3: Your first your first Communion you're ten right when you when you make that, I still have my first communion money.
Speaker 1: They bought me bonds. I had to pay for communion. No, you get gifts.
Speaker 3: That's the first time you ever get like real gifts, Like you got ten dollars from your aunts and uncle.
Speaker 1: It was the first time that I ever saw graduation gift.
Speaker 3: It was the first time I was ever given a twenty dollars bill by somebody. That's cool, you know, your first communion, you start making some good money.
Speaker 1: I will be going to my first communion this week. Anybody would like to help me sell send Alex you can send it here at the station.
Speaker 3: All right, guys out there, it's third Eyed, blind and seven Charmed Life ninety four five buzz menty four or five buzz third i'd lined and SEVERI Charmed Life. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Thanks so much for being a part of the program today. I'll leave you on a good note here. Post Malone is at it again. He's on the music blog page today. Left another big tip we know famously. He left somebody twenty thousand dollars Christmas Eve here in Houston the rail Yard, Yeah, the railyard, which used to be the role in my favorite bar in the city, my favorite die bar. That Adam Smasher name check Smasher took me there when I first moved here. He's like, I know what you're gonna like.
Speaker 1: He took me to the role in just a dumpy, awesome place. I would listen to that guy all the time. Adam Smasher, Yeah great when he was on a rival station of Life. Great dude, you turned out to be a great friend.
Speaker 3: So post Malone was at the Railyard and Christmas Eve that's when he left that twenty thousand dollars tip. Well not so much, but still you got to mention it. Here a twelve hundred dollars tip at Pizza Hut. He popped into a Pizza Hut Saturday just outside of Salt Lake City, knocked on the door thirty minutes before they opened. So we googled it and said they opened up at ten am on Saturday, so he would have been there at around nine thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: The manager was on duty. It's a twenty year old kid, twenty year old manager. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: He told the reporter that well, it couldn't believe post Malone was knocking on the door. I didn't think it was him at first. I've been a fan since middle school. Posty says, hey, you guys open yet. The twenty year old manager, Colby says, well, we can open for you. So post Malone ordered some pizza wings. Colby's like, hey, it's on the house. So post Malone pulled out all the money he had in his wallet. I don't even think the the registers were on yet. Post Malone had twelve hundred dollars in cash on him and handed it to him. So the kid, the manager kept eight hundred dollars for himself, give the rest to his coworker that was there to help him out make the order. So he lent, so he gave some of the money. But post my Alon's got twelve hundred dollars cash on him.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, it's super cool. So it turns out just to give post wllone free stuff and he gives you, like way more than it was worth. Yeah, as a tip.
Speaker 3: All right, pictures and stuff on the music blog page. All right, we talked a lot about it. Nine inch Nails tickets. We're gonna give you those on Know the Show. We'll have a question for you on.
Speaker 10: The flip of this break Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 3: Show ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: All right, give me that music. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la load for Know the Show.
Speaker 3: We want to get you some nine inch Nails tickets before we get out of here today. Nine inch Nails tickets on sale today at noon, so win them before they go on sale.
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, it is Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year, however you choose to refer to it.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five is the year of the What know that answer? And you're going to see nine inch now good one seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five. The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety four.
Speaker 3: Point five is a bus station from iHeartRadio The.
Speaker 1: Ron Brilliant Show on ninety four five. Wake out the Buzz ninety four five The Buzz Chevelle set in the paint below. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know the whale girl. I know the whale girl. Well, guys, we got through those pesky morning showers.
Speaker 3: The rest of the day, I see about a twenty percent chance on and off Claudi's guys today and highs all the way up to seventy two.
Speaker 1: Let's go give away these tickets. He's now time four. I know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 5: La La la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la. Good morning Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this? This is Pete Rod Peter the best side. All right, Pete, I'm the best side. Good to have you on this morning.
Speaker 3: Let's close out strong here, Alex, what's your question for best side?
Speaker 7: Pete?
Speaker 1: All right, Pete?
Speaker 4: It is Chinese or Lunar New Year, which means twenty twenty five is the year of.
Speaker 3: The what.
Speaker 1: It is the year of the snake? You got it here? You got it all right? All right? Dude, have you ever seen ninety nails? I saw them one hundred years ago. Fun fact, Marilyn Madson was opening up for them.
Speaker 3: That was the Downward Spiral tour. Was Jim Rose Circus side show a part of it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: It was, yep, go look up some old it's pre YouTube, but I imagine somebody must have uploaded some stuff. The stuff that the Jim Rose Circus side show was pulling on stage.
Speaker 1: Man was wild and that it was freaky. It was freaky. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that Enigma guy, the guy that used to pick up the sin block what is junk? He's got the puzzle piece tattoos. I think he moved here for a short period of time. He was on the show.
Speaker 1: He was a part of the Jim Rows Circus side show. But yeah, I was at that tour too, all right, Pete, best side it means you're old too like me. Yes, yes, all right, dude, have a great don't get in that moshpit. Okay, neither one of us nine inch Nails.
Speaker 3: You're in September twelfth, everyone else Toyota Center dot Com. Pete doesn't need to buy his tickets, but you will need to get your tickets. Alex was asking, do I think it's gonna sell out today?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know where everybody's sitting on nine is Nails. I don't think think they're as great as I do.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised if it did. But also if you told me it did not, then I'd go, Okay, all right, that's it, man. We gotta go, we gotta go. We're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 3: Let's get Jeremy Benson in here. A couple of quick reminders, send me your picture one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall.
Speaker 1: I think dark Web is sick.
Speaker 3: I don't know that he updated it today, so there'll be more pictures that are going to be added to the one hundred botles of Love Street Blonde on the Wall. But this is your chance to win the five hundred dollars in the first three quarters and five hundred dollars on the final score of the big game, and then there's another chance on there after you send your picture in, then you go to that other link and you try to win an additional five hundred dollars. Thank you to our friends over at Carbock Mile of Meat. I feel like we're getting a lot of people in this week.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's good. I'm gonna good. I'm gonna close it out on Friday. Though.
Speaker 3: If you you should know, if you want in on this, you want to have a good time, you want to party, you want to maybe meet somebody new.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying. I'm not saying you go into this link and you're gonna meet the love of your life. But you could. It's been there, It's happened.
Speaker 3: Mile of Meat Party. We're at the stage right now where we just need dudes to sign up. I need guys, single guys to sign up for the Mile of Meat Party. You'll be out there on the roadside Friday morning, Valentine's Day, So I need you morning, and then I need you at Cactus Cove.
Speaker 1: In the evening. So it's a big commitment. I understand that, Chilli.
Speaker 3: Did you pick somebody that you're going to play for read my lips against read my lips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her name, her name is Hope. Child's Hope is coming into play. Yeah, she's she's hopeful that she can go and do something. But you had enough of playing dudes. Yeah, she's already talking. She's already talking smack through emails. Wow. Good as she should. I mean as she should. You know, I'm bothered, though, I'm not bothering you know, all right, I might jump on team Hope. I don't know. Well, I'll wait to see ben I Hope not all right? All right, so you're hopeless love straight blonde mile of me.
Speaker 3: We've got our We've got our contestant that's going to come down tomorrow and play. Other than that, just go check out the fun stuff that we put up on links and guests. Listen to Big Jeremy Benson. Pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour, NonStop noonor he's just gonna rock out for an hour. He's got no time for pesky commercials, and then alternative income all throughout the day. At ten after the hour guys have an awesome, awesome day. Everybody, Hey, I'm ab.
Speaker 1: A new stuff. Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 3: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 4: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.