Speaker 1: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini.
Speaker 2: Cast with Megan from News Nation. She puts together the most interesting, useful reports News Nation has. She should be on the air more and they should pay her more. Megan, what are you working on this week?
Speaker 1: I mean say it, louder Walter.
Speaker 2: But they should put her on more. They should put her on more. I'll put reverb on it later. They should put her on more, and they should pay her more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what we're talking about. It's so good to be back with you. You know. We are working on a bunch of things. I just walked in the door from the studio. I did two interviews today. I did part two of our Scientology series. But it's a really interesting one that I'm going to bump up to the next episode to air. Was this crazy story about Jeffrey Epstein, Hugh Heffner, playmates and the sp It's like that's the intersection, like that's the trifactor right there. But apparently Playboy Playing has come forward saying she told Hugh Hefner that Jeffrey Epstein had sexually assaulted her and then trafficked her back in two thousand and four, and then Hugh Hester called the FBI, and she was like, I heard him on the phone with the FBI. He reported it, he did the right thing. They never followed up with me. They never said anything. The case was never opened, nothing ever happened. It went nowhere. So I talked today to a former FBI agent, former CIA agent, and I asked her to her face, Number one, what happened? Why would they not take that seriously someone's high profile as Hugh Hefner saying that. Secondly, why would they take it seriously about Epstein? Because you know at that time they were already building a case against him. You know, they had a file on him. So if somebody at that high profile would complain and make that call, you would think they all up on it. So the big thing I asked her straight to her face, was is the FBI corrupt?
Speaker 2: And she said, well, she.
Speaker 1: Said yes, But why she said yes? It is the interesting part. You know, we got into the different layers of one person could be and and you know, she asked, She's like, well, what do you mean by that? And I'm like, you know what I mean is Jeffrey Epstein. Was Jeffrey Epstein paying someone within the FBI, who was on his payroll? Did he have blackmail on somebody? What are the chances that this did get brought back straight to him and then he somehow made it go away. And we talked about, you know, yes, that's possible, and here's here's why. You know, not only was that his mL blackmail being his his mL, but there's also you know, bad eggs in every organization and that then things can go other ways. And she was like, there's also a level to it of like maybe they didn't report or fall up on it because they felt like Epstein, the FBI being they thought Epstein was more value to them alive or not just alive, but not in jail and not convicted because he had information possibly with you know, international relations aspect of it, like hey, this country that you know, we're not too friendly with, he might find out before us who our next president will be, et cetera, et cetera. So, you know, we talked a lot about the victim, the accusations, the high profile of it, and the in are workings of the FBI and the CIA and where they really dropped the ball.
Speaker 2: Well, the long rumor is that the FBI and the CIA do not coordinate on anything, and that may have been the opportunity. That may have been the opportunity that was lost. The thing that always strikes me about Epstein is this was the busiest man who ever lived. There were there are three million, three million emails, there's all of this coordination. Half a billion dollars was just handed to them by the guy who started the the limited. I'm like, what the hell an extraordinarily busy guy without portfolio. Nobody on Wall Street says he did any transactions with any firm that anybody knows of. So all of this money came from G We're not sure it went to scoreless activities and G We're not sure about that. And anybody who got near him in the public eye has been fired and banished like instantly the minute they were connected. Therefore, there must be a roote assumption that he was doing really bad stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he seems like the fall guy in a lot of sense. I mean, like you said, he was the busiest man ever. Well, there had to be a lot of other people doing the dirty work and just pushing him from ward as the face guy, and all that stuff might just still be going on.
Speaker 2: Seems likely ironically, there's always been a general belief that at root, Hugh Hefner was an honest businessman. You've never heard him about fraud, corruption, You haven't. You may not have liked his business, but he was running a legal business. And the fact that he picked up the phone and called the FBI, well that tells you a lot about Hefner.
Speaker 1: YEP, I totally agree, and we talked a lot about that in the episode today because you know, had started with I'm kind of alongs here about this story of Hugh Heffner, because before his death, I say, straight out he was the man, right like, he did a legitimate business. People wanted to be him. He had the man, he had the girlfriends, he had all this stuff and it was it was legitimate and he was the man. So we all would he died, We're like, oh my god, an icon has passed away. But since his pasting, all these allegations have come out from former girlfriends x ex wives about him not painting him in the best life, you know, saying that the mansion was really an abusive and controlled, the psychological, damaging place to be and you know, the quelus and the filming and all this stuff. Has kind of come out that's kind of pain in him in a bad light. So, you know, we talked about that today about how do you reconcile these two different images of this man that that we're seeing, And you know, in reality, I mean, maybe it was just both. You know, maybe he knew, like, hey, I'm going to protect one of my playmates because she moved into the mansion. The Abstein accused her in this scenario, she did move into the Playboy mansion of course security purposes. So she felt scared obviously, and she had her moved her in to make sure that she was safe. So you know, I think it was probably just both. But yeah, we talked about that a lot because there's a lot of weird parallels there.
Speaker 2: Did you learn anything about part two of Scientology that has caused you to be concerned?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm always concerned. You know I've I've said to you before and I didn't say in the episode today, I can't even believe I'm doing this series because I said that I never wanted to really get that was pientology. But the guests who I talked to, I mean, he those of them every single day. He's got a great sum stack and these written books, and he's covering all the trials and stuff. But you know, we really talked about the inner workings of how Scientology beat the irs and how they caught tax rexemption status after it was revoked from them in the first place. And it really is like government espionage style tactics here that they used to, you know, breach hundreds of US government offices, confiscate thousands of confidential documents to really get their tax exemption status back. So we really talked about the kind of the inner workings of the Scientology playbook of retaliation, and you know, we really give the celebrity aspect of it about, you know, why these celebrities are useful to them, and the Danny Masterson's case, the that Semi show actor who is behind bars for sexual being convicted of sexual assaults of multiple women, and why they were having you know, Lisa Marie Presley talked to the victims about not coming forward, just kind of the weird sense or stuff that goes on behind the scenes that nobody in the media really talks about, because well, one, there you're intimidated by the retaliation effects of efforts by Scientology, or two you just don't really think it's a story because it's past. But that's not true because Scientology is fighting today right now to get that sect of Enter Danny Maxson out of jail, and they're also in court right now is Lea Ramini bashing her and shaming her. So there's a lot going on there that people might not think is timely or something to be talked about right now in the news. But there's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: When is this getting on the air.
Speaker 1: Next week? We'll do so Wednesday, whatever that date is, maybe the twenty sixth, you know, you know, all the calendar goes. Next Wednesday we will do the Playboy Ebscene Accusations episode with Hugh Hefner, and in the following week we will start this series on Scientology.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, good luck with those kids. I appreciate you being on the other side of Midnight