Speaker 1: All right, we continue on Fred Rogan, Rodney peat An Am seventy LA Sports. Okay, one hour down, one hour down. Whoa, I'm exhausted Tree, you know. I'm just sitting here, Rodney, And I was telling Adam in the booth over there during the break, I have no idea. But the more I think about this, the more upset I get. Does that make any sense to you? The more you think about what what makes you upset? What's making the upset is they're not hitting. It's not my business, but that's upsetting me. That to a point now it's like upsetting another thing that's upsetting me as we sit here right now. By the way, everything will be fine if they win tonight. But another thing upsetting me is you are in your most critical game of the entire season, and you have so many pitchers who have needed Tommy John surgery that you don't have one.
Speaker 2: Think about that for Game four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and if you look at the young pitchers they have, they're pretty good, but they've all needed Tommy John. So how can the Los Angeles Dodgers in their most critical game of the season not have a starting pitcher and I don't know why. It's all right, let's just bring Dylan Hernandason.
Speaker 3: Hello, Dylan, Hey Fred, how are you good?
Speaker 1: Am I sitting here just losing my mind?
Speaker 3: No, I mean I kind of I get it, you know. I mean, I think the pitching has been a problem. I mean, frankly though, given the starting pitching that they've been getting so far, you know, if the bullpen game might actually be what they need. I mean, the bullpen is the strength of the team, and if you've looked at the first three games, you know, the portions pitched by the starters are basically a period that they've kind of had to endure, you know, before handing off the ball to the bullpen. So why not kind of cut out the bad part. It's not a sustainable thing, obviously, you know, the bullpend's gonna die if you just keep doing this game after game. But for today, actually, I think, you know, I'd rather I'd much rather have him out there than Gamamoto or Clarity or you know, or Walker Buehler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: I think the bullpen and the way they've been pitching lately is the strength of that staff, and if they can, if they can sustain We've been saying this all series long. All they got to do is keep it close. And we've been saying that about the starting pitching. Keep it close, keep it close, and and not get off to a bad start. I mean that is that is also key.
Speaker 2: Dylan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now last night Mookie hit the home run put them up one nothing, but right after that they go down six to one. I mean, I just feel in this game, in particular in the fourth game and in the elimination game, they cannot get behind early.
Speaker 2: Dylan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and again I think we've talked about striding out for a year is just you know what, but what's suitable, what's acceptable in the regular season, pitching wise, sometimes just doesn't cut it at all in the postseason. And that's what we're seeing here, right. I mean, you know, Yamamoto clarity, these guys are perfectly fine. If you need to go beat the Rockies on a random Wednesday, you know, you play against a team like the Padres, it's a little bit different, you know, And and you know, I do think you know, to friend's point about you know, all the guys getting injured. You know, obviously there is right that the Dodgers do prioritize velocity. You know, higher velocity does lead to injuries, So there is something kind of going on player development wise there. You can say, you know, I guess that, like, let's just say, I mean to kind of take a very callous view of this whole thing, that if starting pitchers are kind of now what running backs are in the NFL, right, and that they're going to have short life spans and whatever, and that this is just kind of a way of life. Okay, that's fine. The thing is where this thing really went wrong though, was you know, when they went out and kind of made their big money acquisitions, and in the pitching it was Tyler Glass. Now they're expecting him to stay healthy for the whole year, even though he's never been helped be in his entire life. And then you know, the big money on Yamamoto where they kind of expected him to kind of make a seamless transition, you know, and and obviously, you know, I was very excited. You guys, remember I came out and said, hey, I think it might be able to win the World Series after watching Yamamoto pitch four innings in that comeback start. Of is because that was kind of the first time where you looked at somebody and we're like, oh, this guy looks like a like a real ace, right, who might be able to carry them in October. But he's kind of you know, regressed to the means, so to speak. It hasn't looked good. And yeah, you know, I just think that again, like those kind of those those big ticket acquisitions that they made on the pitching side. You know, to their credit, they did make the investment, right, it just it just didn't pan out the way they had hoped.
Speaker 1: Okay, so uh that's that. This is this Uh how do you see tonight going?
Speaker 3: I actually think they have a pretty decent chance of winning this thing. You know, I'm not crazy about the you know, from the PAJS vantage point of bringing back Dylan Cease on short rest, right. I mean unless maybe the idea there is to have him go through the you know, the Dodger line up once. I would not watch sees facing Goltani a second time for sure. You know, there's Steels slightly oddly kind of desperate almost on their part, right where it's like, hey, we got you know, we got them down. We need to finish this now. It has that type of feel to it. I don't think that's you know, that's great there from their side, you know, I mean, they're gonna be probably regardless of you know, how CeCe does, is probably gonna be close to a bullpen game there for him. I do think what we've seen so far as that the Dodgers do have a better bullpen than the Padres. You know, when they're throwing out their top guys, you forget about the game too, thing because that thing was out of hand, and you know, the Dodgers just kind of started throwing in their white flag, so to speak. But yeah, and then you know the lineup I assume they're gonna I mean, the fact that they were even in like striking distance last night, I do think speaks to just how explosive is Dodgers' offense is. And I know, you know, the last few innings obviously didn't look great, but it's tough, you know, when when the other teams kind of bringing in relievers and they can kind of pick out their matchups. But I think that they actually have a pretty good chance of sending this back to light for Game five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you on the pitching side of it that I think it's good for the Dodgers with this game, with their their staff and he's still got you know, Evan Phillips and Blake trying and are fresh. Copec probably can go if he has to. I think, uh, you know, Bessie is is fresh again because he had the And then I am I'm with you on on why they would go with cease right now. It does feel like it's it's desperate, like they feel like they got to try to close it out tonight or they're in trouble game five.
Speaker 2: But I'm just I just it's head scratcher. I guess this is to me, Dylan, what do you see?
Speaker 4: And I know there are a lot of factors, there are a lot of you know, storylines with this game coming up tonight.
Speaker 2: But for you, what is the biggest thing that has to happen for the Dodgers to have success? Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, they got to hit, you know. I think, uh, I think it was a good sign yesterday that Mookie bets. You know, I think there was kind of this feeling right even though in game two and I'm not you know, and look I wrote about BOOKI not hitting.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: If I'm gonna be honest, now, like, looking back, I'm not sure it's entirely fair given that you know, he was dropped up a home runner at first at bat right in Game two. But you know, he hit one out yesterday, you know, got another hit later in the game. If he's going, you know, he and Otany are going to have to carry the team. I think I don't think it's just going to be you know, because yesterday, you know, we got one guy going in bets. You know, Otani obviously just hasn't hit it. I think he's like, what like one for his last ten or zero for his last ten or something ticks punch outs, I think in his last ten at bats, you know, So it hasn't been great for him, But he those two guys are gonna have to carry the team like they have for a lot of this season, because yeah, I do think that even though the bullpen might be able to keep it relatively low scoring, at some point they're gonna have to hit. And right now, what we've seen really in the last couple of games the bottom of the lineup, you know, which is such a big factor in Game one and probably led to a tony success in Game one, right because when Altani would come up the day he had guys on base, right, So that really pointed to the production of the bottom of the lineup that hasn't happened in the last couple of games. So well, you know, I think if somebody's going to jump start it, I think it comes down to the stars. I've always been, you know, very adamant that, right. You know, every winter, I've always said the Dodgers need to go out to get stars. And this is why, for this time of the year, those are the two best players on the team. Right now, I think it's up to Twani and Bet to get the job done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jel, I've made the point, and I'm glad you agree with this. Look, guys that are stars or superstars are compensated in that manner. This is when they need to show up. This is when they earn their money. This is why they get paid, this is why they're superstars, because it's at this time where they've got to stand up. Great, you had a nice game against Pittsburgh in August. That's terrific, But now it counts now it matters. I think the problem is you can't just force somebody to do that.
Speaker 2: You know, Dylan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think baseball in that sense, it's a really difficult game, right. It's not you know, uh, in basketball, you can just say like, Okay, you know what, we're gonna give the guy, We're gonna give the Lebron the ball on everything. You know, you can't do that in baseball. You're limited by the number of that bats you have. It's also not the type of sport where you know just because you try harder, you're going to get results. I mean, if anything, a lot of times the opposite, opposite thing happens, right, And we did see it last night. I thought, you know, to me, the most telling at bat last night for Otani was the first one the Laevey struck out on five pitches or six pitches. None of those pitches were in the strike sholl right, so he actually he was chasing stuff out of the zone. That to me tells me that he's kind of getting jumpy, he's getting a little restless and kind of you know, staying right while being focused and having that intensity, kind of staying within yourself. That's a really tough.
Speaker 2: Balance, right.
Speaker 3: And now I do like these two guys in terms of like you know, from like a character standpoint. Obviously, we've seen Atani step up in big moments time after time, and I think we've seen you know, I do like where Mookie Betts is right now. You know, after Game two, Look, he didn't he didn't point to the the you know, the home run where he got robbed and said, hey, I actually did something. He just kind of took it like, look, I'm not getting the job done right. And even the one that Profar stole from him, you know, his thing was, hey, it doesn't matter, it didn't count. As far as I'm concerned, that's an out right. All my bats so far have been bad because they've been out and he responded.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So I do think that these guys are very cognizant of their responsibility. I don't think either guy is running from it. And uh, you know, I think I'm encouraged by what we saw from Beth yesterday, and I'm encouraged by Otani's history of big, big moments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and we'll see. Because I think you're right about baseball. You know, it's different than than basketball, even football. Baseball it becomes contagious, you know when you see that with the teams that are going right now. With the Mets, I mean, Lindor gets it going, and it's contagious, you know, the big polar Bear gets it going. It's contagious for the rest of the team. And and with the Padres, I mean you look up and down that lineup. You know, everybody's now scary. I mean, and not just Tatis, but it's you know, obviously Matado and it's a Rose who has not even really gotten really going yet, you know, Profar all those guys. You look up and and Fred and I talked about it. You look at but that line and we goes, oh no, this guy's up, he's gonna get it hit. Oh no, here, Oh, you got to get this guy out because Merrill's on deck. I mean, they're just it becomes contagious in baseball. And the Dodgers just need that catalyst, which should be Otani because he's leading off and it has been Otani for the better part of the season to light that fires. What is contagious for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, I think with Otani right, and again, I'm not sure how much they talk to him at this point. Obviously he's one to right, he's the best player in the game. He's almost kind of beyond reproach in some ways. But if I'm the Dodgers, I would remind Otani, hey, look, you're you're batting leadoff, you know, And we have to remember, right when when his approach really kind of changed this season when he moved into that leadoff spot. You know, in Japan, you know, they still kind of think of baseball in a lot of like in very traditional terms, and you know, when he moved into that leadoff spot, I think he started thinking, you know what, my job is to just get on base, right, And it really did change the way he hit. And you know, because his power is so great, right, I mean, sometimes you can just half hit a ball. I mean we're seeing him like golf balls off the ground basically, you know, and hit him ten rows up into the pavilion.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I think he needs to kind of get back to that point of like just thinking, Okay, you know what my job right now. It's a kind of set the table for the guys behind me, and I think good things are just going to happen, even from a power standpoint. And then on top of that too, right, I mean, he he did change the way this offense functioned and that in the past we've always talked about the whole feast or famine thing. Right, Either they hit home runs, so they don't score at all. Wol o' taani, you know, because of the he can the way he runs. He you know, he draws a walk all of a sudden. Now he's on second, you know, men in scoring position. Willkie bettep at the plate.
Speaker 2: I kind of like that, Dylan.
Speaker 1: Overall, and it's not over, and the Dodgers can win tonight, and I think they will. But just from your perspective of being in LA's many years as you have, h is this really frustrating?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's frustrating because it's the same thing over and over again, right, And I think, look, their backs are against the wall. Obviously, you know, the odds are that the Padres win this series, but I can also see the Dodgers winning it. But here's the problem to me is that even if they advanced from this series, I just don't think there's any chance that they're going to win a World Series because they don't have the starting pitching and it's been the kind of the same thing over and over and over, right, and you know, probably The last time they did have the starting pitching was in twenty twenty one, and then they decided to get all cute and oh, let's use an opener in front of Julia Arius and have Max sus that close out this thing. And next thing, you know, right, Sureser's out for the NLCS. And to me, it always kind of comes down to this same problem that I feel the organization has, where kind of their desire to kind of be unconventional and wanting to look smart in the end, it leads them into a place where they just don't have the pitching to win, right, whatever the reason, you know. And and yeah, you know, especially the previous two years leading up to this one, this is gonna be three years where basically their starting pitching gave them no chance to win, you know. And again, they might win a series, right, it's a short series. Anything can happen. Shoot, I mean, they might even get to the World Series itself. I just don't think that they have the starting you know, it's tough when you're asking the bullfen to cover five innings like every single night, you know, and then right, and then what's even more frustrating after all this, I think is you know, just kind of looking at it from the outside, is everybody's gonna play Roberts right, because at some point he's gonna have to make my ten pitching changes. One of them goes wrong and then they're like, why did he bring in that guy? Well, it's because the starter wasn't there, right, the starter didn't take down the innings, and so you know, we already know how this is going to play.
Speaker 4: We've seen this before, yeah, and how but how do you put a finger on it when you start the season and you like, okay, we got the great staff. You know, you do everything right. You think you do everything right in the off season, and then and then and again. That's sports because injuries play a role and they're going to happen. But if they are going to play a role like that, there's no crystal ball that you can say, oh god, we're not gonna have this guy. We're not gonna have that guy. We're not gonna have the starting pitcher. You know, Bobby Miller is going to go into tank and Walker Bueler's not going to come back fresh and sharp like he was. I mean, all those things factor in that you can't predict along the way, Dylan, So how you know, what what do you do?
Speaker 2: What do you do for the for that situation?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, you know, and again I think probably the Podjets are a good example of this, right They they took gambles, right, and granted this is probably like the third team that Preler has built, you know, the first couple here, they went all in. They went all in. It didn't work out. They had to kind of rebuild from scratch. Again, I just kind of feel that with the Dodgers, right, they try to spread out the risk, and the problem is that I think that like kind of coming into this season, like, look, I think Tyler Glastow was a question mark from the day that he signed. I mean, the guy had never pitched more than one hundred and twenty innings in an entire season, right, Like this was probably gonna happen. It was just that their calculus was like, well, you know, well we also have Walker Buehler, we have Yamamoto, we have Kershaw.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Now, the problem is that each one of those things was also kind of like a long shot.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They thought that if they bought you know, twenty lottery tickets that you know, three or four of them would kind of cash, you know, and in some ways they're likely like Bueler's even kind of standing at.
Speaker 2: This point, right.
Speaker 3: I Mean again, you look at the number of guys that have come back from a second Tommy John surgery, you know, to kind of regain their previous levels of effectiveness, you know, as a starting pitcher. It's a really short list of guys, right, I mean, I can think of like maybe like two right now. And so that was kind of like a long shot of pat happening, you know, And I just think at some point right now, what they're trying to do is spread the risk as much as possible, but at some point you kind of need to just kind of go all in on something, you know. And now, granted, you know, ol Tani did give them the license to do that this year basically by kind of deferring right most of the seven hundred million, and so they kind of did kind of go all in, like on Yamamoto. You know, it was just unfortunate that it happened this winter, right that they felt, okay, you know what, we you know, we can be a little looser with our money this year. But this is kind of something that's been going on for years right where you know, Garrett Cole was on the market. They didn't go right, they didn't. They only went up to like a certain point with him. I mean, you know, they could have had Blake Snell this past year, you know, and it was just well, we don't want to deal with Scott forres whatever. You know, there are a lot of things that they could have done probably that would have been like safer bets I think than the ones that they took care And that's the decision that they're gonna have to kind of make going forward, right because my guess is that next year they're going to look at Okay, well Tany's coming back again, but it's a second Tommy John, right, But they're they're gonna look at this in the best case scenario possible. And then they're looking probably at that kid in Japan, rookie Sasaki. But the problem with Sasaki, he's also like an injury risk. I mean, the guy missed like two months this year in Japan, you know, and has a history of kind of getting injured every year. So I'm not really sure if they can kind of pivot out of this right now, you know. And and also a lot of those big contracts that have signed over the years to guys, those are starting to kind of pile up, right. I mean, remember also, this this whole thing was based on their player development system in terms of we're going to you know, mostly have homegrown players and kind of like add here and there with free agency. But if you kind of look at like the last like twelve years, it's been Walker Dealer, it's Ben will Smith. Those are the two guys that they've drafted and developed on their own. And you know, because these holes are kind of opening up, they've had to spend a lot of money you go fill these other positions, and now all of a sudden, they're going to find themselves. I think in a bit of a I don't know if it's budget crunch is the right word, because I'm guessing that they're making a ton of money, right, I mean, the state is filled up every year. You know, they're selling a ton of old Taani merchandise, so the money's kind of there, but you know, you started looking at the luxury tax and stuff, I'm not sure how comfortable they're going to be to continue spending at this rate. So it is kind of an interesting thing. That I think that they're going to have to deal with, you know, going into this winter as a kind of plot their their their their path forward.
Speaker 1: All right, Dylan has always loved the inside. Thanks for coming on, No, thank you, all right, Dargo, Dylan Rnanders, our buddy from the La Times, and uh, well, a lot to think. Well, you know, if they win tonight, Rodney, Yeah, we have nothing to think about five, right they went to night.
Speaker 2: You're feeling really good about Game five coming back to Blue Heaven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am. I mean the pitching will be a concern, I really think, and I could be and Dylan agreed, but I maybe he and I are in the minority. I think you agree, so maybe three of us will be in the minority. I think the pitching is going to be fine tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do too. I do too.
Speaker 4: But again, it's the key, is what you said, what I've said, what most people said. It is probably the obvious thing, but they gotta they can't let it get out of hand to start the game. I mean I think that once they get past the second inning, uh, then you can exhale a little bit. But it's getting past the second inning is going to be the key. I think starting tonight because in each one of these games they've gotten behind, and in an elimination game starts to play with you a little bit when you get behind, because you feel you always feel like you're playing catch up, catch up, catch up. So that has to change tonight. And if they do get out of the second inning where the game tied or even in lead, I think it votes really well for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: All right, we uh, we're gonna have to bring on the king of optimism, the King of optimism.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he will join us. Oh yeah, let's bring it down the home stretch.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: He beat Fred Rogan on a hot day, a game day, big game.
Speaker 4: Day, and we need, we indeed a positivity and spirituality. Come on, Freddy, let's go. Somebody wake Fred up. Let's go, fred what you're doing? Come on, Freddie? Does somebody wake him up?
Speaker 2: Wake up for it?
Speaker 1: That is looking stuff up about the game tonight, actually on my phone. All right, all right, let's bring on. Now, let's bring on our good friend vic now with the daily high coupe vicod afternoon.
Speaker 5: He's praying for Coofax to come out of the bullpen. He says, where's the pitching. It's Fred Rogan. Yeah, I don't think the pitching is going to be a key tonight. I think the pitching's going to be fine. Vic Sale in point Fred, he's got supreme confidence in the dodge of bullpen Rod.
Speaker 2: Repeat supreme Yes that dude, BTP, let's go.
Speaker 5: He's in for Kevin figures. He's just happy that his clippers will be bowling in ocean side tonight.
Speaker 1: Double a Adam Auslin be happier.
Speaker 5: Fred would wake the fa.
Speaker 1: I'm a are now just looking at stuff, seeing what people are saying at him. Just wanted to respond to the people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 5: His inspirational musica will take us into hardball paradise. Oh right, is always wide awake, y'all.
Speaker 2: It's King Flavor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bang that gong and Fred's er wake about dodge are fans?
Speaker 2: God, I'm feeling you.
Speaker 5: Dodger's Padres Game three last night, emotional inferno at pet Go, But the Azul fought back. There was glaringly evident. They fell short, but there was fight, and I liked what I saw in the six five loss.
Speaker 1: Well, no, Vic, you couldn't. You couldn't like what you saw. They didn't came after, do you Ernanda's at.
Speaker 2: A home run?
Speaker 5: Well, at that point we're all going crazy, yes, because.
Speaker 2: That's the point.
Speaker 5: It was the shoddy defense, those two plays that created the sixth run inning. That's that got to me.
Speaker 1: Machato made a good play. Machato understood how to play baseball, so that that was just, you know, happenstance. And Rojas would never do that normally. He's great defensively. He just made a mistake.
Speaker 5: You toss it to LuxI. I don't know what Niggey Rowe was thinking. Again, those were two plays that ignited the sixth run second inning, and we're down six to one. But the Dodges did not capitulate, And that's.
Speaker 2: What I liked.
Speaker 1: What do you mean they didn't capitulate? They didn't get another hit after.
Speaker 5: Down six one for they did not, yes, capitulate, they did not give in.
Speaker 1: That's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 5: They created, they created some offense, and of course ti Oscar the way of Taate crushes the Grand Slam at six ' five. Were feeling good. I mean, who knew the only other hit for the rest of the game it's gonna be a Freddie Freeman single in the eighth to Laurel.
Speaker 2: Creek There to Laurel.
Speaker 5: Toro, the ris no tomorrow, listen, I love I love Buellah's attitude again we all do you know, destroying the water cool or whatever he uh, you know whatever he was fierce with in the dug. I dig that about him. You know, Bulah is a competitor. He had a rough ending. It came through. But again, just that Padre bullpenal is also lights out. Let's face it. They pitch their torcuses off. The San Diego bullpen is tough. The dodge of bullpen is tough. This is a this is a very very crazy mirror image series.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 5: Obviously padays, you know, have the edge. Dodgers suffered an inning from hard ball hell.
Speaker 2: But now what.
Speaker 5: To Laurel exactly the brink of extinction, the brink can they win? Est no change to Laurel. See if they yes, they can.
Speaker 2: Play day.
Speaker 3: To law.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. There's no tomorrow. Come on now and Vic will give us the recipe for success for tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, now, come on now, we need it.
Speaker 4: Bring home back Rodney beat Fred Rogan, Bick, the brick Jacobs on this hup date, this hop date, this game date.
Speaker 5: Bick come on, come on, VIC donesus fans, How fair are you listen? It's pretty simple, fred I thought you nailed it. They got a hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Otani son only a single in his last two games. The MVP must step up tonight. The mount Fuji of mas Fete must erupt a positive a vibe as Otani owns Dylan cease starting.
Speaker 2: I don't think any stage is too big for Otani.
Speaker 5: Exactly Game one, it was magnificent. For the next two games, he's been pressing a little bit, chasing. He cannot chase. He's got to just understand, and he knows the strike zone better than anyone. San Diego seems to be pitching to a Tani little tiny rip. Cease early, get a nice bullpen lead and let our incredible bully do its thing. Great to see Muki snap out of the over twenty two punk. That felt great. His slice of serenity in San Diego will continue. Remember the solo shot last night plus a single, So Muki is clear. Muki is cleared the clutter. Mooki is ready the clutter, and here's the upshot. This team has overcome adversity all year, the brutal injuries to the pitching staff. We don't have to get into. We all know it's been freaky. You know how many Tommy John's have been sustained, saw arms, elbows, whatever, David says Andrew Friedman. A staff digging into in the offseason. But right now we're gonna stay in the moment. You have a shot, We're in it. We're in it. We have a great bullpen, we have incredibly accomplished hitters, We have MVPs in the lineup. Si Oscar Hernando's living in the the way of Tay loves these moments. But again, America's catcher must snap out of it. Max Munsey must snap out of it. Luxi's gotta hit everyone up and down the lineup tonight. The Collector has got to come together. But all season long, they've overcome adversity. Mookie's broken hand, Munsey's oblique, Freddie Freeman's beautiful, so Max fighting the rare nerve disease. Oh Tani, his best friend rips him off. Who knows how many millions of dollars They've overcome so much adversity this year that separates this Dodger team from years past where they've blown it in the playoffs. This team is hardened mentally. They're mentally tough. Man, the Dodgers are.
Speaker 4: They're underestimating that They're resilience is exactly Rodney.
Speaker 5: It's a resilient squad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They are blue bamboo. They bend, they will not break. And I have a very long, extended high coup tonight because this is such a magnanimous game.
Speaker 1: You got nothing else before the high coup. Today this is it my high coup.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 5: Gets right to the essence.
Speaker 1: Fred, you don't want to set it up or anything, or I mean, you're just gonna go with it.
Speaker 5: It's written by the ancient ones.
Speaker 1: Oh god, okay, I've also here we go.
Speaker 5: Also imbued it with my own with my own stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you have, vic, but the ancient ones means you've just made it up yourself. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Why do you say that, FREDA?
Speaker 5: And why do you disrespect the ancient ones? Fred?
Speaker 1: Tell me, okay, good now, no, no, I'm glad you brought this up. Let's just take ancient ones. I'm not disrespecting them, but just do all of us a favor, because we're all curious. Who are the ancient ones? Who are they?
Speaker 5: The ancient samurai warriors?
Speaker 1: Fred Okay? But what are their names? Who authored this? Who wrote this?
Speaker 5: They're in the archives?
Speaker 1: Fred okay? So who uttered this from the archives? Who is the ancient samurai warrior that came up with this?
Speaker 2: Warriors? Fred? Plural?
Speaker 1: So what you're saying, Vic is they were sitting around a campfire talking about their samurai stuff and one of them said something, and the other added to it, and the third added to it. Then they got their swords out.
Speaker 2: And that was it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know if they cut somebody's head off. So I'm just trying to figure out who the ancient ones are because to me, it's like you make it up with the ancient ones. Feel like I'm looking at an ancient one. Well, then stop looking at yourself in the America.
Speaker 5: Fred, that's utter disrespect for the wisdom.
Speaker 1: I'm not disrespected.
Speaker 5: It's just every generational that has lasted thousands of years, right, thousands of years, Fred, These maxims, these words of wisdom, whole truth and are unwaverable. This hi kogo something like this, Oh the Dodgers the twenty sixth Summari. Tighten the cords of your helmet even tighter, because in that moment when you think you have found it, you have at that moment lost it. Immerse yourselves in the ways of the warrior bushidol, live through death, show no fear, ultimate self sacrifice. All swords are on deck tonight, the long swords, the short swords. Time has come tonight, see sick, Yes they can, Joe Netsuit pass the in five.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling you.
Speaker 5: There are no home tonight tomorrow shiny love light, tomorrow, shiny light.
Speaker 2: The ancient ones spoke different languages. They spoke a little.
Speaker 1: Spanish exactly, the ancient ones. And VIC nobody wants to be called short sword. I'll tell you that right now. Everybody has their sword on deck, even the short ones.
Speaker 2: VIC.
Speaker 1: Nobody's going to gonna want to admit to that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Sometimes in battlefread and battle, you need all swords depending on the situation. If there's a if there's a lot of guys ganging up on you, you need a short sword for in close fighting. If you're in a battle that's extended, you know, in a circle, you will need your long sword to swing the long sword to create space. So you need the long sword and short sword. I'm just giving you the sword, the sword, the inner workings of the sword. Yeah, Vic, the ancient ones did not come up with that. Let's just be honest. You made that up, not at all, fred I borrowed from the wisdom of the ancient ones.
Speaker 1: Ronnie, do you think VIC made that up?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding? Vic?
Speaker 5: And the ancient ones?
Speaker 1: And no, Adam, do you think VIC made that up?
Speaker 5: I think a haiku is supposed to be like five seven five and that was a damn scroll he just read. I'm pulling out all stops tonight.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think you think VIC made that up? I think it was a hybrid.
Speaker 5: Friend, it was a hybrid, exactly, Rodney, it was a hybrid.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a sativa for being kind.
Speaker 5: Dodgers in five.
Speaker 1: All right, Ronnie, thank you, Adam, appreciate it. Uh Rodney. Hopefully tomorrow when we come on, we'll be talking about a Dodger Win.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, let's go believe it. Put it out there in the universe. Let's go Dodgers