Speaker 1: And I just turned around and I call ass out of there. I was done. I wasn't deal with them. The hypocrisy of the cult is one of the things that turned me away the quickest. When I turned my head lights on, it turned and looked at us.
Speaker 2: And one of the things I remember the most, where the eyes were going red.
Speaker 1: I see an orb of light.
Speaker 2: It is just circling these steps.
Speaker 3: Like it is waiting for me.
Speaker 1: And he begins to tell them that he saw Ufo. They're basically like, what are you talking about. That's seven foot up on a tree, peeking around it and that's where I saw.
Speaker 2: The top of the muzzle, noose and the eyes.
Speaker 1: As soon as I made eye contact with this thing. It don't like death.
Speaker 2: I like to thick this sign and welcome my guest tonight, Tim, Tim, thanks for coming here talking to me.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, no problem. It's great to have at you know beyond.
Speaker 2: Would you like to let the audience know a little bit about yourself before we dive into it.
Speaker 1: And I'm Tim Vogel. I'm from Western mass Uh work with my brother and we're the Vocal Brothers, and we've been doing research for about twenty years just under twenty years. I have a long history with working with different groups Bfro Squatsachusetts, things like that, and we've since gone off on our own, started the Vocal Brothers and a business called the Cobble Mountain Tritter Project and that's our basically a youth outdoor education program that we provide and we've been researching, like I said, for about twenty years.
Speaker 2: What led you down this path? Like what happened that one you made you go into research and all those.
Speaker 1: It goes back to, well, our actual thing was twenty thirteen we had an encounter. We believe it was an encounter anyway. We were out in New York. We owned a business called Taco Mountain Outdoors Adventure Education Business and we were out canoeing and kayaking and taking groups out for the summer. And this happened to be in September. We were going on vacation. So we went up to this place in the Saint Regis Wilderness Canoe area up in New York, up in the Irondecks, and we decided to grow up in September simply or late September, because school was in it was midweek, college was you know kind of it was just you know, the beginning of college. There's some of the groups that were out there paddling things like that. So everything, you know, the I guess the woods, I guess what I'm saying, was pretty quiet at that time of the year and during the week. And we paddled out to this one place probably a couple of days, and uh it was a a remote pond called Pink Pond and there's one campsite on it. And from there we simply, uh went into this campsite. We paddled up. We found the campsite is a little marker on a tree. It's a small pond. It's a remote out in uh, you know, New York State. And we took a long way to get there. So it was a couple of days of paddle and portage to get to this place. So long story short, we get to our campsite and it's trashed, is you know, which is unusual for most of the campsites up there. This place is trash. There's tree he's broken everywhere. It's just not a very you know, inviting place to go and set up camp. Had a crappy shoreline and you know, getting out of a canoe and eight feet of water right off the edge is pretty tough. So we we get to this place, which we didn't think anything of it. It was just trash. We figure it was windfall damage something, you know, So we just cleaned it up, made made it room for our tents and campfire, and and so we set up a camp and from there went to go fishing for dinner. And when we went fishing, my brother Eric was in the front. He's, you know, got a fly rod, and we had been tying a bunch of wooly buggers and things like that. So we're out there fishing and literally it becomes a fish story after that. You know, every cast as a fish now. But we get up to this small inlet creek coming down into the into ping pond, and we go up this little stream and it becomes braided with a bunch of little, you know, choices of go right left, you know, this way, that way. There was a braided stream for a little bit. We just followed it up until it came back to a small beaver pond, and we literally paddled right up next to a beaver dam. And I'm sitting in the canoe and I'm head level looking at the top of the beaver pond at the beaver dam, so it's four or five feet deep anyway, and and my brother gave me the cat. We got the fly rod, and I started fishing up on top of the beaver dam, over the dam and into the other side where we couldn't access, and I got one cast in there, and we got ahead and pulled that thing out of three pounds small and that thing that jumped out of the water is dancing all over the place making a rocks. And got it into the boat, and then all of a sudden, these trees started shaking, or one tree started shaking. There's just this big, massive tree, and you know, the whole forest is quiet, and this one tree is shaken like hell. And moments later, the second tree right next to it is shaking. So we get these two large trees shaking like they're in a snow globe. Like. It's very surreal to see that kind of shaking going on. And what we were looking at, the entire force is quiet, you know, nothing going on, and these two trees are just going off. And then all of a sudden, this roaring, growling, roaring starts up, and it was just intense. We just never had heard anything like that before. You know, It's like, what the heck is this? So we're kind of, you know, a little freaked out over that and trying to figure out what it was. And as we were sitting there, this thing just kept All we're looking at is like things coming out at the water at us. Nothing came over the beaver pond, you know, over the dam at us, but it did go into the pond. Whether it was sticks, rocks, it was you know, we were about fifty yards away, couldn't really tell some of the objects, but certainly there were sticks and whatnot. And then whether they were being thrown or coming out from the shaking trees, couldn't really tell you. But the roaring, the roaring was incredible. It was, I don't know, just something you've never heard before at all. And it was getting more aggressive. And we're sitting here now going on a good five six minutes and this thing is just rowing and we're waiting for it to come out. We're thinking maybe it might be a bear or something, or mount wiring or maybe a bear in a mountain lion fighting. We had no blue. All we knew was these trees were shaking still and there was this loud, loud roar, and it hasn't stopped now in five going on maybe ten minutes. So this this roaring is so aggressive. Now that we've actually moved back through the braided area of the stream to the to the pond, we're back into the pond almost I don't know, probably going on a quarter of a mile away now maybe, And all of a sudden, you know, we get out in the pond and this thing is still roaring and growling and yelling, and trees are still shaking, and then it stopped, maybe ten fifteen minutes later. This whole thing was going on, and then and then as soon as we got away far enough, the noise stopped, just like that, just as quick as it started, it stopped. And so we're kind of freaked out. We don't know what to do, you know, we're we're in the middle of nowhere. You can't you know, run to your truck and get home, you know, go home or something. You're in a canoe in the middle of the lake and you were just fishing for dinner, and all of a sudden that happened, and this went out for like I said, fifteen minutes. The roaring. Never stopped. It never actually physically stopped. It roared continuously for a minimum of ten, maybe fifteen minutes. That's why I think there was maybe two things there, whether it was a big foot or whatever that was making those noises. At that time, we weren't even thinking a big foot, to be honest, I was thinking of, you know, like I said, a bearing them outline having a fight or something. But so anyway, we're sitting there in the canoe and wondering what the heck we're going to do, and Eric says, you know, he says, yeah, I know, and he said, yeah, we got to get back there, and we're Our campsite was literally only a couple of hundred yards from where this experience happened at this confluence down to where our campsite was, so it was pretty unnerving. We're staying there, have that experience, get back to our campsite, and then prep for a night. And it was, you know, it was a long, quiet night. Didn't really talk about it, kind of freaked out about it, but you know, it didn't nothing happened, So it was a nothing burger. I guess. It's just a pretty weird thing that we couldn't explain, and and uh, we got up that morning and got the heck out of there as simple as that that. That was it. We got out of there, We paddled back out and got to our truck, you know, got our gear back in and came home. That was it. So from there, uh, you know that that was pretty much how how we got into it. We had an experience that we couldn't explain. You know. Meanwhile, we've had a business called to Cole Mountain Outdoors for at this point ten fifteen years that we have been guiding in this area. We're licensed New York guides at this time. We've been guiding this time in this area for years, ten to fifteen years and never had an experience like anything like that, And it just happened to be this one day. So, you know, the we finally find Facebook and all that stuff and there's and so we kind of figured out how to use Facebook and heard some more stories that were similar to ours, and from there literally found similar stories and that's kind of where we went from that, and that's kind of how we got into all this stuff. We started sharing our story with other people, and they started sharing their story with us. Next thing, you know, that was it. You know what we could tell you is, you know, I'm a full time ranger at a camp and that's what I do full time, and I'm a license guide and so is an all. And you know, I could tell you every animal it wasn't, but I'm fairly certain it was a big foot and I'm thinking it was maybe two of them, maybe more, And they were there for the very same reasons we were there fishing. We happened to paddle right up to a beaver pond and it was a small narrow stream that fed that beaver damn, you know, created the pond. And I think if there were two or three in there fishing, you know, pushing fish down the stream into that collect all of this beaver pond. You know, they've created a pool of food, and we just you know, they gave us a free pass all the way up until I caught that fish up in their section, and then I'll help out loose.
Speaker 2: So you evaded their territory, I think.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, that's kind of Monday morning quarterback in this whole you know story. I think I think that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Now, Thus she said, was the first time you've had an experience, Was there any more that you've had since then? Or has this kind of been the only real one that stands out?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, No. And that's funny because you know, most people that have multiple experiences, you know, they oh my god, they're you know, they're either making it up or or lying or this or that or whatever. And I would tend to agree. But having said that, you know, we started back in twenty thirteen and we got involved very quickly with a group called Squatachusetts and ended up out in Ohio at the big Foot Conference. In fact, that's happening this weekend, the Ohio Bigfoot Conference, all those guys out there, and we happened to meet, you know, a whole bunch of folks, had dinner with Bob Gimlin, and so you know, from the very oddset, you know, going into big footing, we we kind of had this really cool experience, and then we started working more with different groups, and then we got involved with the BFRO and started investigating in Massachusetts with those guys, and you know, there was a number of stories there or a number of reports that we had done for the BFRORO. And then we've gotten out of the Bfroro. Since then, we've done the Vogel Brothers and you know, we do our own We do our own kind of promotion to do. We talk at libraries, we'll do conference festivals, things like that. We're also running here locally. We're doing the Cobble Mountain Critter Festival June seventh. So you know, this, this whole the Vogel Brothers things turned into a nonprofit or no nonprofit a well soon to be. The Cobble Mountain Critter Project is basically a youth outdoor education where we talk about our big footing experiences and you know, whatever funds we gather from that goes into you know, we we like arbor date planting trees, giving kids, school kids trees to take home and plant. After the festival, depending on funds what we get, we'll be sending kids to camp, different activities, different outdoor educational things. You know, the more we can, you know, the more we'll make, the more we'll put into outdoor education. That's what the whole festival and the Cobble Mountain Critter Project is about. So that's kind of where this whole thing has taken us. So through that we've had uh multiple experience. It is ex you know, for different people in different groups. We've had we've run a couple of BFRO expeditions right here out of our camp. Each and and the uh you know right here, we've we've done the expeditions and we've had Class A sidings right here in Massachusetts, numerous ones. My brothers had. If he was here, he'd be telling you this is you know, his experience was in two thousand and sixteen and up in Savoy State Forest where he was forty yards away and there was you know, a dozen or so people and that that's you know, one of those things where there was a half a dozen witnesses. There were two people that had seen it, and you know, then we went out into October Mountain and another expedition. October Mountain is kind of where we live. We're out here in western Massachusetts and we've had a number of encounters out there. Twenty sixteen. In twenty eighteen, we had expeditions where we had seen a bigfoot through a flare that was about one hundred yards away. There was a dozen people with us at that point. It was the first time we'd ever seen it, or well seen it with a flare. That was a first, and then it was it was raining, so it was about one hundred yards away and it was very hard to see through the flares, but you could see it pacing back and forth on. This turned out to be a long log and the there was also a smell with it. I wanted the guys in the group chuck. He said that, you know, hey, guys, did you guys happen to smell this over? You know, smell this and then all of a sudden, you know, we started paying attention and you could actually smell what would you know, typically be uh old, I'm not going to say skunk, cabbage, but old socks, old wet bag, you know. Combine all these odors with a wet dog, you know, and a you know, maybe a deer high that's been sitting out, you know, something to that effect. You know, kind of must be Yeah, you know, I didn't smell death or putrid or any of that stuff. It was very earthy. If you've been around wet wild animals, skinning, cleaning, any of that stuff, it's a it's an order you would recognize, and if you didn't see it, you would smell it and you would recognize it as a hunter. If you'd smell these wild animals before, if you've been close enough to it, you'd smell it. And when they say, oh, I was close enough to smell it, well, yeah, you can actually do that. But having said that, this was one hundred yards away and we could potentially smell it. And so anyways, we're sitting there now, well maybe half a dozen of us have fleers, I think at the time. We have the scout it's called a TK scout goes about one hundred yards and we were really taxing it in the rain, and so we're all watching it, you know, and now we can smell it. And this thing is pacing back and forth on a log and it literally goes you know, by ten feet, goes back and it comes out twenty feet, goes back the it's thirty forty to fifty and it's pacing each time it goes and turns out, you know, because we went back the following day. It turns out there was an ash tree that had fallen and it was about ninety foot, you know, trump just as straight as could be. And when it had fallen, it gave this thing a half way to walk, and it looked like it was floating through the tall swamp grass, but it was literally walking on this log, which made it look probably even higher than it was. Uh So we're sitting there and so we've seen it on the floor. Now we're smelling this thing and we're all talking about it. We can't believe it. Finally somebody says, hey, did somebody record it? And it was like here in the headlights, no one's recording it. We're all talking about it, looking at it, and no one's hitting record. Finally, only you know, I probably everybody hit record, but it was way too late. There was there was a couple of seconds that was actually recorded that turned into garbage because it was just two pixelated simple as that. It's too far away the rain, and it was you know, it was great, it's it's it's a great unit, you know, for doing what it was doing. But we were taxing it and taking it to the limit, and it's just one of those things. So we didn't get a good video of it. Although we were watching it through the through the flore so it made it a little better, but it didn't record. So we're sitting there watching this thing pace back and forth, and finally you know, we don't know this at the time. This is one o'clock in the morning at Felton Pond in October Mountain State Forest, and it's kind of rainy, drizzly out and like I said, it's it's early morning. Now to something like that, it's late. And so this thing is pacing. It gets to the end of the pacing and it just looks like it jumps down and walks off and disappears. And that's to the extent that you know, that was it. Well, okay, guys, we're all looking and no one sees anything, so we figured that was it. It just ran off in the woods and took off because we couldn't see anything, no heat, you know, a heat signature on the flare. And so we're kind of, you know, discussing what we had all experienced, and it's kind of wrapping it up, and all of a sudden, before we wrapped it up, literally, you know, at the end of what we what I call the peninsula, and it's really not a peninsula, it's a round pond, but at the angle we were standing at, there's like a small portion that kind of juts out like a peninsula, I guess, and there's a pine tree, a white pine at the very end of this small peninsula, and it h this this thing, whatever happened, was this great big ball, like an orb for lack of better term. And I don't know what an orb looks like, but I guess this is what it is. It's it was a crystal blue in color, and it was it wasn't emitting light, you know, like a flashlight. It was just kind of a ball of light and it didn't it was just kind of weird, like a glowing ball. And it popped on in the middle of the night at about fifty feet on this one hundred and twenty one hundred and foot you know pine tree. So halfway up this pine tree, this blue light pops on. There it is and it's bigger than a you know, a beach ball. It's I don't know, bigger than a beach ball, I can tell you that. And all of a sudden it just starts this is fifty feet up and it starts going up the pine tree, and it goes straight up the trunk and there's all kinds of branches there, but this thing is going straight up right through the branches, right up to the very top of the tree and it's just slow. We're watching, you know, you can count one, two, three, or you know, we're watching this, and this thing goes to the top of the tree and it goes up just a little bit past the trees, and then it starts to traverse to my right, and I guess we could count it maybe four seconds and then it was gone. Just as quick as it popped on it disappeared. So that was you know, that was just weird. That was just weird. And in fact, when Eric had seen his bigfoots out in Savoy during I think it was twenty sixteen, they had experienced an orb in the camp here and it was an orange orb. So there's been two visuals, multiple sightings, multiple people witnessing it, and there's been orbs involved, and it's been raining. So I don't know if those are coincidences. I have no idea, but I can tell you they all happened at the same time, within the same story. The rain, the bigfoot. You know, we actually had the smell this time in October Mountain, multiple witnesses, so you know, it wasn't just you know, you know, he says, you know, kind of a story. There's a whole expedition team went. So we've been very fortunate here in Massachusetts as far as UH finding, were getting results, as far as getting a response or happened to be in the area where the big Foot was. And we do that simply because you know, we we typically work in the fall because it's harvest season. So from June on, you're gonna have harvest season coming up through you know, Connecticut, New England, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, all the way up through, and you know, it's a perfectly isolate. You know, there's little portions that are really busy the cities. Once you're out of the cities and you're out where I am. I've got a thirteen hundred acre here with a lake and a bunch of ponds and streams and stuff like that, and we don't use half of it, and they could easily walk through part of it. You'd never know it. And that's connected to the Cobble Mountain Reservoir, which is connected to the tallonn State Forest and the Granville State Forest and Oda State Forest and this one and that one, and so if you look at it at the ten thousand foot view the green Way out here, you know, is the potential to to host and have something like that in your area and not be seen or seen very little is very I think very uh, you know, possible, you know, and I think it's due to harvest as simple as that. You know, it's got a lot of variety. You know, just think of the wild you know, harvest that takes place in the you know, in the spring, you get all your wild and edibles coming up. Everything's yummy, and then in the summer you're gonna have your oaks dropping, and so that's a midsummer harvest, you know, and yolks will be dropping, so Turkey's deer and everything is going to benefit from that. I would imagine a big foot would benefit. And then you're going into your fall. So you've got your other sections, you got your reds or whites or whatever else is falling. And it sounds, you know, like you should be wearing a hard hat out there sometimes, you know, depending on what's coming on with the harvests. So just the natural harvests alone are beneficial, and they keep ninety percent of the wildlife you know, sustained already, you know what I mean, don't understand, So why not add a big Foot in there, and you know, we were there simply because we're getting reports, you know, and that's what we do. So we're following up mostly now as the Logo Brothers. We're following up in Western mass and New England and kind of focusing around here. We've been out the Bridgewater Triangle. Got some guys out there, the boots on the ground, and they do a lot of investigating out that way. There's a network of people out that way. We're all trying to kind of collaborate, get information together in one place. And there's lots of places that you know, say they do that, and we're kind of working in that in that direction. You know. You know, there's a bunch of researchers throughout New England, throughout the country, and it's a bunch of fragmented information and there's nowhere to put it and nowhere that you know, collectively that will be seen from everybody. And so that's what we would like to do is try to create a central area, and so we're going to focus on New England, create that little area and kind of bring our own towns knowledge up to what's going on. You know. We do you know, we do little town halls here, we have talks at the coffee shop, we have the library. So you know, folks around here know it says the you know, the Vogel Brothers, the Bigfoot guys. You know, we've got in the general stores we've got Bigfoot reporting boxes and stuff just for fun with the kids, and they get stickers and whatnot. So it's you know, it's it's just kind of creating a name and uh. More so so it's comfortable to talk about the topic. You know, we do. We just did a library show talk presentation and Dalton, mass and there were sixty people there for their for their town hall or their you know, their talk presentation. Literally you know, Souffolk, all these local towns in western mass whatever they maxed out, we've maxed them out. We've maxed them out. So the topic is interesting, the interest is there locally, and uh and so we're just bringing it out. People want to talk about it. So we're becoming an avenue and a vehicle through the cobble mountain.
Speaker 3: Critter.
Speaker 2: Now, from everything you've experienced and everything, this not to make it a loaded question, but what what do you think a bigfoot actually is? Because I know there's there's there's different things with people that they believe them to be flesh and blood. There's people that think that there's more to them. Where do you guys kind of line up with that?
Speaker 1: I believe it's more question blood, you know, That's where I'm at with that. I there now having said that, you know, we just had two Class A experiences where they you know, groups have seen them and there were orbs involved. You know, now, we've also got a half a dozen tracks, okay in the twenty almost twenty years that we've been working in this project, and they've you know, an eight hundred pound animal nine foot tall, gave a track and a half. Literally, that's what we got out of this thing, and we can't find another track. The track was seventeen you know, seventeen inches long, about four five inches wide and seven or eight inches wide at the top. And we've got a half a dozen between fifteen and seventeen. Then we've got a couple of what we believe juvenile tracks as well. So there's the evidence here and so that's kind of what we're focusing on it. And so we believe if they're leaving tracks, they got to be something that's making the tracks. So I'm thinking flesh and blood. But they might have the ability to just haul ass and bootscoot and boogie and you know, a couple of tracks and they're gone. You know, I don't know whether they turn into a ball of energy and that's where the orb is and poof, they're gone, you know, they kind of freak out and zap out and they're done, or if they just run. So, you know, I was listening to I think it was Roger Miller down there, squatch holler. He had somebody down there who's talking to And you know, I didn't think about it like that before, but he says, maybe there's been plenty of talk about a bigfoot being able to run really fast. We've taken a number of reports I have myself of bigfoots chasing gear and things like that, you know, and being really fast about it. So, you know, are they moving so fast they're barely leaving a foot template on the ground? You know? Are they just like once they you know, initially get the traction and they're just hoofing it? You know, is there much of a footprint behind? Actually? And I want to say yes, because you're moving, you know, I don't care if it's a bigfoot or elk, it's going to be leaving a track, you know, in my book. So that's where the whole we move thing comes in. Why can't we get a decent trackway? You know, we've been doing it for a long time and we've actually cast it. We got dirt in our cast. These are a real bill, you know, they're real uh, and that's all we got. We should have a trackway somewhere, you know, and it just doesn't show up.
Speaker 2: I've seen photos and even people that I've spoken to in person, like they have tracks and they have photos, and the strange thing that I always thought was a lot of them where the tracks just stop in the middle of nowhere. So then everyone's like, well, clearly they're faking it, because you can't just stop like in the snow, and like you see these tracks going through the snow and they just stop out of nowhere. Well, someone, if they were faked, someone had to make those tracks in the snow and then move away from the area. So they're following these tracks where there's no other footprints, and the footprints just stop. Yeah, So that makes no sense to me. So even if they were faked. How did they get away from that area and still leave those footprints there but not their own footprints of walking away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's where the whole wlu thing comes in, you know, And that's where the potential for that kind of whacks. It has some idols to sit there and say, okay, we've experienced we've actually experienced the orb with Bigfoot in the same story, and that's it. You know, I can't have it any other way. That's what happened. And you know, maybe when we saw we were up in Felton Pond. There were six tracks that day. All of them were in the high grass. Two of them were in kind of a hill going up. It just was a higher incline and the grass was a little less dense and it turned into a pine needle substrate kind of thing within this. So anyways, you know, mind you this thing is running, so it's got us six or seven foot stride. So these six tracks went well over fifty feet or so in through this grass. So we did end up getting two track casts out of that, but only one that was really decent. The others too ambiguous. But there were we could actually see six but we couldn't find any more and it went into a soft pine substrate. After the last cast, we were able to try our cast that was actually another seventeen by five and another seven inch. Is why at the top the toes it shows articulation in the toes by the thing having to balance. So the big toe, second toe, and then the three toes are the baby toe and the little toes are kind of down on an angle where it kind of trying to keep its balance and you can see where it's dug into the ground a little more. So it gives it a three dimensional value to the cast. It's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I've always thought it was interesting when I've looked at casts from people and the size differences are interesting to me. I have a big foot in general, like so I wear size fourteen shoes, so for me, I think my foot is big. And then you see the size of some of these castings, like damn their heads, so it's it's it's crazy to me. But I have like a metal those metal cutouts of base like a bigfoot minds of nine foot or ten foot one and it's out backed by my pole barn. If you actually stare at it and look at the actual size. If you were to think that this thing is actually out there at this size.
Speaker 3: They're massive. I don't think people realize that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my brother, you know, in sixteen, in twenty sixteen, he was with a dozen people or so and they two people witnessed it and at least the rest of them all experienced whistling whoops, and I think it was rock clacking. So it was a very multi uh sensory kind of and a thing where they believe they went in and separated. They walked in between three and one was on the right, ones on the left, and this thing was in the middle, and that's where they walked in on it. And you know what, can I says it was just one of those things.
Speaker 2: If you ever were able to actually see one face to face, how would you react? Like, I know that's that's not really you can't really give a direct answer, but like, is it something that you want to experience and you want to see one that closer? Would you kind of be freaked out by being too close to one?
Speaker 1: I'd be freaked out, but I absolutely want to get a closer experience. I was out on my gator today, Like I said, we got thirteen hundred acres and I was checking a beaver pine. We're pretty remote. My house is a half mile off the road and I'm another mile into the woods on my gator and checking out this beaver pine. So, you know, you go out there and there's nothing out there, and I'm out there by myself often so and I'm always squatching, or I'm looking for mountain lions, or I'm always you know, I'm bait out there. So you have to You can't just say, oh, I'm the cool guy and walk around and be thing and you're safe, because you're not. Simple as that. Something happens you. You fall down and get hurt, your praying just as simple as that. If you think if they think you got to if they think that you were a meal, they're going to do their damn just to put you on the menu. And that's going to be it. And I don't care if it's a fox or a kyo or a bear or whatever. And uh so you can't take stuff like that lightly, you know. And I'm out there all the time by myself, just part of the job. So you have to double think everything you do, you know, even walking foot placement. Where am I going to go where, you know, all that stuff because you you don't want to get into a situation, you know. And so I'm out there in the remote parts of places and in the weirdest you know, swamps and things like that. Going through Mount Laurel, you can't see ten feet in front of you, and uh, and you I'm really thinking, I just don't want to walk up to a moose. But yeah, I'll take everything else. Everything else runs moose. They're inquisitive and Bigfoot might check me out. So yeah, I'd love to see it. And I'm in the place is where the opportunity is there, you know, by myself. It's remote, and but I'd like to think I I'd be able to deal with it after I pissed myself, you know. But yeah, No, I have this guy coming to our festival here in June, Ernie Gavrau. I don't know if you know him and his story he's got.
Speaker 2: I know Ernie, you know, I haven't actually had him on the show, but I know who he is.
Speaker 1: Well, he's a must have. You've got to tack to him. He's his story is incredible. That's That's what I'll say. And he his story, his encounter happened on Drake Mountain, which is just a couple of miles as the crow flash from my house. Okay, we are in the Cobble Mountain Watershed and in the Westville River Watershed, and Cobble Mountain Reservoir happens to be within it. And it's just woods up in the Berkshires, that's where we are. And I'm in a camp all by myself, my wife and I way out here and there's nothing out here. It's just it. You know. My wife's doing bird feeders right now for excitement. That's what the Lewis is in the background. So you know, there's there's plenty of opportunity out here for this thing. And we've seen it multiple times, uh, in various places. You know. Once we were in Connecticut with our business and to cohib mount and Outdoors and we're doing a ropes course program down at a private school in northwest Connecticut and we're working with a Catholic group preacher and we start talking and of course you know we're we were talking about bigfoot and he's a bigfoot, makefoot, you know, and that's crazy talk, you know, that's just nuts. Okay, So we do our ropes. Course, you know, they're in harnesses and they're walking up our wires and the ropes, and they're on ballet and all that good stuff, and they do zip lines. And at the end of the day it's a team building event. They're gonna go down and have a hike and they're going to go to the top of this mountain and there's a Bible worship and then they come down and have dinner and Eric and I while they're doing Bible worship or study, the Eric and I are doing dinner and we're doing if we're doing I think we're doing burgers and things like that. So it takes about an hour hour and a half for these guys to do this thing. And they come down and Eric and I have dinner ready. It's on grills, and we're talking and we're just finishing up passing out all the burgers and whatnot, and we're the adults were having coffee, and all of a sudden, at the very top of this mountain where these people had just walked from not a half hour before, this siren sound, this loud siren. It sounded like a police car at the top of this promote mountain and at the very highest loudest point you could you know who it was. But it was a whistle and it was just insanely loud from start to finish. It just started at high pitch and ended it a high pitch and it went for I don't know, four or five seconds. It was just a very surreal, what the heck just happened kind of noise, you know. And so the preacher Bill he looks at Eric and he says, yep, bigfoot, or he looks at me and I says, yep, bigfoot. We had never heard this before, mind you. We've been doing program in this area. This is our ropes course. We've been running this ropes course high Ropes in the woods for about thirteen fourteen years, and we do it every summer. God I will probably fifty nights a year down there, and never had an experience like this. And so it was this loud, weird whistle. So we kind of had fun with it. Excuse me and Eric and I still weren't sure. We thought it was bigfoot, but it was sounded like a police car. And there's no way it was a police car up there, but that's what it sounded like. It was very high pitched and anyway, So it's getting dark out and all of a sudden, the owls are going off. There's probably three or four owls that are, you know, and they're hooting and hollering, and there's I don't know, four or five, maybe a half a dozen birds and at this point it's March is probably breeding season for them things. So they were going off. They were they were not they were very vocal, and not every thing was audible as an owl. It was more screaming, and I don't know what the heck it was. It was. It was owls yelling at each other, I think, is what it comes down to. And with the basic tone of the you know, who cooks for you kind of thing, and probably an hour steady of not it just NonStop owl talk, these coyotes start going off, yipping and yapping, and god, they went on for a good fifteen twenty minutes, NonStop, and you could hear them. They're running down the mountain, coming towards our campsite, and Eric and I are camped away from this group just you know, enough to where they can have their privacy and talk and do their thing, and Eric and I can have a you know, spend the night without having a bunch of kids talking intents and stuff. We don't hear it. So it's we're offering a little portion of the camp and these things come running down and everybody's listening to this. You know, there's thirty five kids in the woods. They've all heard the scream, they've heard the owls, they've heard the whistles, things like that over the night. Now the coyotes are coming through, and you know, bigfoots in their mind and that's what they've been told, so you know, they're all kind of freaked out. And so these coyotes come running through camp and one of them literally goes under my brothers. He's a hammock hanger and he swears he felt the you know, the dog go right under his hamming and they went right through our camp. So it was very possible. And so you know, once they went through camp, it was you know, they kind of quieted down a little bit and that was that was kind of uneventful at the rest of the night, but it was pretty late. Got up the next day, finished our program and Eric and I were breaking down camp and there was a tree that had fallen. It was a big oak tree and it had fallen down in July or June, No, it wasn't it was was it probably April? I guess it was April, March or April, and it was starting to get buds on the trees, and so it was starting to leaf out, and a big storm came and knocked it down. Wasn't totally leafed out, but it was getting there. Just big oak trees, you know, got a sixty foot canopy wide, and you could barely hardly see through the canopy. But something was walking on the back side of that and and that's what Eric and I had recognized. Something was walking behind it, and we thought it was a deer. Wasn't thinking the bigfoot, even though that night we had, you know, all this craziness going on, and still thinking it was, you know, a deer. And then it stopped, and a few I don't know moments later, you could hear rock coming through those branches and it landed fifteen feet from Eric, fifteen twenty feet from Eric, and it was a good, I don't know, candlepin softball ish size, good, good sized rock and it came all the way through the canopy. So I was going to throw that rock that far, no way, but you know, I'm sure a bigfoot could. And it tossed it through the trees. You could hear it breaking the branches going and moving the branches as it came through, and then it could thredd and you know, landed and rolled right next to Eric within twenty feet or so. That was the cue. Yeah, we didn't, you know, we just said, okay, we're out, see you later and grab my tent. Didn't roll. I just grabbed it through it in the back of my jeep, see it, and we got the hell out of there.
Speaker 2: Now, me personally, I'm I think I would actually be the idiot that would probably if I heard a noise and whatever, I try to go find the noise. I don't I say that. But if I'm mountain by myself, I'm not going to I can already tell you that I'm not going to go out in the dark out here by myself through the woods.
Speaker 1: But if I was, I'm sorry, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say it.
Speaker 2: I was like, Now, if I had a group of people with me, then it might be a little bit different. But I just know going out on my own, I'm not going down the woods at night time by myself.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we had the experience that night, so we all experienced it. And then that morning it was a rock that came through, and we had never experienced rock throwing like that. I mean, that was rock throwing at you. So that was a clear and deliberate, say hey, get the hell out of here thing to me. And I wasn't going to challenge it. It just it just you know, it came with a tone maybe you know, or maybe this infra speaker in for it, you know, that kind of weird stuff that they talk about mind speak, And I just knew we were going through that tree looking for it. I just knew that that rock.
Speaker 2: I think if I ever got something thrown at me, I'd probably leave it alone.
Speaker 3: Clearly, it doesn't want me to mess.
Speaker 1: With That was my thoughts. That was my thought. Yeah, we could have easily tried to check it out, but maybe it would be a different story. I don't know. But it was clearly something that said, you know it, I'm not you know, one of those guys. When when we were in New York, we had experienced that well before this, and we had the tree shaking and the roaring and stuff. Like that. And we had the roaring up in Savoy State Forest and you know, so we had experienced a number of things and so this wasn't really that much, but we had never experienced the rock. And that whistle was incredible. It was incredibly loud. Like I said, it was like the high pitch of a siren police car. But it wasn't there's no road out there, and there wasn't no kid up there with a you know, a box that made a noise. This was a very spontaneous, kind of maxed out yell. It was a very kind of weird, weird, weird thing. But when the rock came through the trees and and that was clear it you know, we're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I don't know, like I said, if I ever got something thrown at me, it's probably game over.
Speaker 3: I'm like, nope, I'm done.
Speaker 1: And as you said, if there was more people, you know, there's probably a little more bravery with more people, you know, which comes with numbers. But but there wasn't. And you know, the rock came through the trees and that was enough for me. You know, I knew I didn't have to go back there to see what was throwing it. I could have, but it may not have ended.
Speaker 3: Well. Did you happen to see the size of the rock it was?
Speaker 1: It's it was at least the size of a good size candlepin bowling ball, you know, good, Yeah, like a yeah, good, like a candlepin bowling ball, maybe a little bigger something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've had someone tell me before that they were hearing all these noises and they've had a huge rock just come flying, which they said maybe could have rolled down a hill. And I've had other people say they've had big like logs getting tossed statum. So I don't know, like I can make, like me trying to rationalize things. I could see maybe a branch breaking off, or if you're on a hill, maybe some something happens on a rock slides down. But like something heavy that big just flying through the air is not natural, like something's literally throwing it or something's doing something to make it fly through the air.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it's accelerated, that's moving stuff. That's that that was hurled through and it went through at least sixty feet a canopy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wasn't messing with that then. That was my thoughts, That says Eric this is whatever, it is, just through shit at you. We've got to go. Yeah, yep, let's go. So then we did, you know, it wasn't going to go back there. You know, we went back and took the casts when we were up in Savoy and our buddy had come in and met us at the trail head and we got back in his truck and right as we were driving in, he was listening to the game the Red Sox were on. And Eric, he was on the passenger side, and I was on the passenger side, back seat, and this four for four seater pickup truck, and you know, I'm Eric, can you hear that? And it was just like the screaming we heard up in New York, and it was at the top of this mountain in Savoy, up in the state forest, so you know, the noise was very similar. It was something that was recognizable. We knew we had recognized the noise. I didn't know what we were in for. We all we did was spot the track and we were going back to casting. And then when John pulls up with his truck, all of a sudden, this thing start drawing again, and Eric and I knew exactly what that roar was or what potentially made it, and we still drove pasted to the spot it had hiked up through the woods, even though it just roared at us and cast that stupid track and got the heck out of there and not even gave the roar a second glance. It's like, you know, why, why you know? So? Why would you do that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was going to say something, but again, you could take it either way. It's as I say, you don't know if anyone that's ever been attacked by a bigfoot. But I guess if you'd been attacked by bigfoot, no one would know anyways, because there wouldn't be much left of you.
Speaker 1: So yeah, right, So one of the guys I had been talking to just told us a recent story. He was talking about rock throwing, and he said a rock that came past him and landed in the water, and it was it was probably all of two feet like an oblong shaped flat rock that was probably six or eight inches in thickness, and it kind of flopped past him and it went into the pond. This is a massive rock that went hurling past this guy after a tree push, after a tree push.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like I said earlier I'd be done, but that's just me. But we've been going on for about an hour, so I figured we can wrap this one up here soon. But I was going to ask, is there anything else you would like to discuss or if not, where can people find you at for anyone that's interested?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll do a plug for the festival, all right, So it's the Vogel Brothers. You can find us on Facebook at the Volgel Brothers. Like I said, we've been doing this for a long time, so you can go on that page. We also have the Cobble Mountain Critter page, which is our youth outdoor education. That's way for us to do our public speaking when we go out and do libraries, conferences, festivals, things like that. That's going out through the Cobble Mountain Critter. And then we have the Cobble Mountain Festival, which is our fundraiser for youth out there education. That's going to be held right here in Western mass It's in Russell, Massachusetts, June seventh, and we've got a dozen New England speakers from all the way through New England, every every state New England covered and it's Cryptid's Mountain Lions, Puck Wodge's Bridgewater Triangles podcasters. We've got a lot of good people coming up. Jane Cooks Ferry out of Maine, Dave McCall out of Boston. We've got the Richie brought and Steve Wojoe Butcher his name, well, we got Wojo he's coming. Uh there. We've got Geez Mike Trainor of the Rhode Island coming in. We've got the New Hampshire Boys, the Bigfoot New Hampshire Society. Uh, they're talking about New Hampshire. Got Ernie Gavau coming talk about Massachusetts and his experience. Mike Young out of Connecticut. He's got Connecticut covered. So we've got a bunch of speakers that are coming that are active boots on the ground. They are doing research as we're talking, you know, that's what they're doing. And they're local. And that's the cool thing about it. We were looking on a map about you know, festivals and things like that, and we're in this like little zone that no one comes to. You know, we all go out to Boston and Hartford and Albany in this place in the Ohio, and so we wanted to do something here local, so lot people here in New England could have a little place local here and come to so we're trying it out. So that's the Cobble Mountain Critter Festival June seventh. You can check that out.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Well, Tim, it's been a pleasure talking to you. I have enjoyed it. I hope you've enjoyed talking here too. And for anyone listening, make sure to look up the Vogel Brothers on Facebook and but no, I'm gonna definitely check out some more of your stuff on there. And again, it's been a pleasure talking with you.
Speaker 1: Same here I had to be on and you know, it's a fun topic. I find it's uh, you know a lot of people opening up and more shows like this. The people here, they're easier it is for people to open up and talk about this.
Speaker 3: Yep, definitely, which.
Speaker 1: Is good for us because that's the research and that's what we're putting down. That's what we're doing for.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to be a guest on Tenfoil Tels, remember to send an email to Tenfoil Tales Podcast at gmail dot com or go to Tenfoiltales dot com and go to the contact section, Make sure to follow me around on all the social media's and just remember truth comes at a cost. Are you willing to pay the price?
Speaker 1: I've heard a story be laid last night about something alert along the wood line, prints strange lots in the sky. They claim it's nothing, but I know they lie. It sees your laugh to laugh in my face.
Speaker 3: But something about this.
Speaker 1: Makes me say, what if it's real?
Speaker 3: What if they knew?
Speaker 2: What if the answers are coming from you, spending story.
Speaker 1: Wasting mind time?
Speaker 2: Hearing Boy says, is it all in their minds? They can call me crazy, but I just want some throom.
Speaker 1: What if it's true? What if it's real? What if it's true? What if the worlds not what we knew?
Speaker 2: Tim for tells, blend me.
Speaker 1: A story that starts where the lodge is gets. What if it's real?
Speaker 2: What if it's true? The answers are waiting, They're waiting for you. They see it the dog man walking, or maybe a'm offman fights. I love the very giants hidden beneath the lies.
Speaker 1: They say, it's just stories. It's all may.
Speaker 2: Believe, the fairy tale sport of things we can't perceive that want to keep us blindly.
Speaker 3: They want to break our wheel.
Speaker 1: But I'm not buying it.
Speaker 2: I'm not slowing another pill, forest fed poison.
Speaker 1: The lies were made to What if the truth could set us free? The alien signals traveling through time secret space protograms are racing their minds. They call them crazy, but I just need some fruit.
Speaker 3: What if it's true?
Speaker 1: What if it's real? What if it's true? What if the worlds not what we do? Filmfoil tell bullieve me in a story that starts where the logic is, what if it's read? What if it's true?
Speaker 2: The answers are waiting, They're weighed in for you.
Speaker 1: They they lie. We all been dining.
Speaker 3: The signs are there if you open your eyes.
Speaker 1: The aliens cricked its demon's ghost.
Speaker 3: The getul them two.
Speaker 1: What if it's me?
Speaker 2: Or what if it's What if it's raal?
Speaker 1: What if it's true? What if the worlds not what we do? Ten Foil tells fullyeve me a story that starts where the lodge is. What if it's rain? What if it's true? The answers are waiting, They're weighed in for you.
Speaker 2: It's all in our heads, it's all in our binders.
Speaker 3: These voices can be silenced. The truth must rise.
Speaker 1: Tim Bull tell it's pulling me through. What if it's a read?
Speaker 3: What What if it's true