Speaker 1: All right, everyone, welcome to your sd WAN deep dive. We're diving into some really cool stuff today.
Speaker 2: Definitely exciting stuff.
Speaker 1: You guys give us this Silver Peak training guide and got to say it's a beast advanced deployments, the whole nine yards.
Speaker 2: But that's what we love, right absolutely getting into the nitty gritty.
Speaker 1: We're talking going beyond just the basics of sd WAN. This is like getting under the hood of how big companies, businesses, they're all connecting their networks these days.
Speaker 2: It's a whole different world now, especially with everyone relying on cloud stuff and having teams spread out everywhere.
Speaker 1: No kidding, Like, this isn't your old school office network anymore. Right. It's about making sure video calls are crystal clear, huge files transfer and a snap all while keeping everything locked down tight exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's where stwand comes in. It's like it's the brain that can juggle all of that and keep things running smoothly. The old wages can't handle it, right.
Speaker 1: It's a total change in how companies are thinking about their networks. Out with the old hardware, in with the sore and the cloud.
Speaker 2: Think of it like this, with sd one, you're basically cherry picking the best parts of the Internet and building your own custom network.
Speaker 1: That's got to be huge for companies, especially with everyone working remotely and needing to scale up quickly.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and a guide. It doesn't mess around. It throws you right into the driver's seat. You actually get to set up a simulated network using Silver Peak stuff.
Speaker 1: Wait, so it's like a slight simulator, but for network Peaks exactly.
Speaker 2: You can play around with virtual routers, try out different Internet connections, even mobile data.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's really hands on the best way to learn for sure. One thing that caught my eye in the guide was this Edge eight cha thing.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, Edge eight that's silver Peaks way of making sure your network never goes down. Imagine you're in the middle of a video call, right and your internet just dies.
Speaker 1: Don't even remind me, happens to the best of us.
Speaker 2: Total nightmare. But with Edge ag it's like you've got a backup system ready to go the second your main connection drops boom. It takes over seamlessly.
Speaker 1: So for companies that can't afford any downtime, this is critical.
Speaker 2: Absolutely every second counts, right, It's like insurance for your network.
Speaker 1: Love it, No more Internet heart attacks. Okay, so let's get into how silver Peak actually makes all of this magic happen.
Speaker 2: Let's talk orchestration.
Speaker 1: Orchestrations sounds kind of fancy, right, like we're about to conduct a symphony.
Speaker 2: It's not that far off. Actually, think of silver Piece Orchestrator as the conductor making sure every single part of your SDU one is in sync.
Speaker 1: So it's calling the shots, making sure data flows smoothly between all those virtual routers and connections.
Speaker 2: Exactly. It's the control center for your entire network. From one place. You need to update some security settings across like all your offices at once.
Speaker 1: Which, let's be real, is a nightmare scenario most of the.
Speaker 2: Time, right, But Orchestrator makes it a breeze. A few clicks and you're done. No running around with cables.
Speaker 1: That's wild. It's like having this like god mode view of your entire network, no matter how how big or messy it gets.
Speaker 2: And because it's all software, you could make changes on the fly. No need to wait for someone to ship you a new box or you know whatever they used to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the beauty of it, right. Businesses can adapt instantly, need to set up a new office across the world, no problem, exactly.
Speaker 2: But we can't forget about the unsung heroes here.
Speaker 1: Who are we missing.
Speaker 2: The routing protocols? Yeah, OSPF and BGP.
Speaker 1: Okay, this sound a little intimidating.
Speaker 2: They're like the traffic cops of your network, making sure all the data gets where it needs to go fast.
Speaker 1: So instead of cars, it's data packets zipping around exactly.
Speaker 2: OSPF, that's your local guy managing traffic within your network. Think of it like optimizing roots within a city.
Speaker 1: Got it. So if I'm sending a file to my coworker, OSPF's on.
Speaker 2: It right now. BGP he's handling the bigger picture traffic between your network and the rest of the world. Ah.
Speaker 1: So when I'm browsing a website hosted like who knows.
Speaker 2: Where, BGP figures out the best route through the internet jungle.
Speaker 1: Makes sense.
Speaker 2: And this guide it doesn't just give you the basics on these protocols. It goes deep how to configure them, how to make them sing.
Speaker 1: This is where it gets really juicy, because knowing the theory is one thing, but actually getting your hands dirty that's the key.
Speaker 2: It's like having a master mechanic teaching you how to rebuild an engine.
Speaker 1: Nice okay, so real talk things break. What happens when there's a network hiccup?
Speaker 2: Good point. That's why this guide spends a lot of time on troubleshooting. Remember those routing loops, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The data equivalent of getting stuck in a roundabout forever exactly.
Speaker 2: The guide shows you how to spot those, fix them, and keep things moving. It even gets into optimizing BGP because even the.
Speaker 1: Best traffic cops need a little help sometimes.
Speaker 2: Especially with how much the Internet changes. Right, and you don't want to just guess when it comes to your network.
Speaker 1: Trial and error with your network is not the move.
Speaker 2: Not at all. You need a plan, and this guide gives you that. Then there's the idea of regions.
Speaker 1: Regions like geographical regions, not quite, think.
Speaker 2: Of them as like virtual zones within your network. You can segment things based on what you.
Speaker 1: Need, so instead of everything being lumped together, I can say this is for finance, this is for marketing exactly.
Speaker 2: You create these little pockets within your network.
Speaker 1: That makes way more sense than just having one giant network for everything.
Speaker 2: Right, and the guide tells you how to do it all, how to make sure traffic flows between these regions. How to control what goes where.
Speaker 1: So it's like you're not just securing the perimeter, you're setting up internal checkpoints too.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Wouldn't want sensitive financial data just floating around?
Speaker 1: Nope, not a good time. So how does silver Peak handle that? The whole security thing?
Speaker 2: I mean, they've got something called the zone based firewall zone based huh.
Speaker 1: So it's not like your average firewall, right, It's specific to each of these zones exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like having a security guard at the door of each department. You get to decide who and what can go in and out.
Speaker 1: So, for example, my marketing team can share files with each other, no problem. But if they try to access like super secret financial stuff blocked. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's all about layers of security. So even if someone gets through one door, they're not getting access to everything.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. It makes sense, and this guid it actually shows you how to set it up.
Speaker 2: Step by step. It even covers some really cool advanced stuff like creating your own custom firewall rules. You can get super specific like blocking certain apps or even individual users.
Speaker 1: Wow, talk about granular control. This whole deep dive has really opened my eyes to how much SD one can do. Like, the flexibility is insane.
Speaker 2: It really is a game changer, and we're just scratching the surface. There's this whole other thing SaaS. It's like the next evolution.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you're losing me a little. What's that?
Speaker 2: So imagine taking everything cool about SD one, the flexibility, the security, all of it, and then you apply that to basically your entire online presence, cloud apps, remote users, everything.
Speaker 1: So instead of having like a million different systems, it's all under one.
Speaker 2: Roof exactly simplified, but even better, kind of like upgrading from a beat up old car to like a spaceship.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can get behind that analogy. This deep dive has been awesome. We've learned so much.
Speaker 2: You've been a great student.
Speaker 1: Well, this guide made it easy. Before we wrap up, though, anything else that really stood out to you something our listeners shouldn't miss, you know.
Speaker 2: Besides all the technical stuff, I really liked how much it focused on actually solving problems. It's not just do this, then do that. It's about understanding why.
Speaker 1: So you're not just a technician, you're like the architect of your network exactly.
Speaker 2: You have the knowledge, you have the power and that's huge. That's how you build the future.
Speaker 1: Couldn't agree more. And on that note, we'll wrap up this SD one deep dive. We hope you've enjoyed this journey as much as we have. Until next time, keep exploring, keep learning, and we'll see you in the next deep dive.