Speaker 1: Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day, now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: So earlier today we found out that it'll be the Philadelphia Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys that kick off the NFL season. It'll be a Thursday night game, and not really a surprise by any means, but that's when I realized, Oh, we must be we must be getting closer and closer to the NFL schedule becoming available, and it's here. The NFL schedule will be totally released by the time we get to Wednesday evening. I know there'll be some leaks from now until then. But Jimmy Trainer, who does a good job of covering this kind of stuff basically he covers sports media for Sports Illustrated, has for.
Speaker 3: A long time.
Speaker 2: He has a write up highlighting all the different services channels that you will need if you like to watch all of the NFL games in twenty twenty five, and I think seeing the list really does kind of highlight how much the NFL has spread it out. And look, it's a business. You know, if if Peacock or Amazon Prime, if they're bidding on the rights to exclusively be able to carry Thursday Night Football or Monday Night Football or whatever it is, Sunday Night Football. It's because they realize the reach that you know they have with it in the NFL game, there's so many people that watch that they know that not only would it be big for their brand, meaning it would be big to have that many people who watch the NFL then come to your platform, especially if they've never been there before, but you can monetize that and make insane money because the NFL is king. But when I see the list here, I mean, you'd have told me there was six. I would have believed you maybe seven, but there's ten. You need ten different platforms if you want to watch every NFL game. And look, I know some people are thinking, well why would I don't know. There's no way I'm going to watch every single NFL game, which again makes makes total sense that you wouldn't be able to or wouldn't want to. But you know there'll be one off games that you'll want to watch and you'll realize, oh, I don't have I don't have Peacock.
Speaker 4: Or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But CBS, Fox, NBC, ABC, ESPN, YouTube, Peacock, Netflix, Amazon Prime, ESPN Plus will now have a game as well as the NFL network.
Speaker 4: So just be prepared.
Speaker 2: If you want to watch all the NFL games that will take place, you'll need to have every one of those. But again, I'm sure a lot of people aren't even I mean, I know not everybody watches the NFL all day on a Sunday, but there'll be certain games that just happen to happen to, you know, line up to where Okay, this is a really good matchup. I wouldn't have expected it for a random Thursday night game in October, but here we are. And then you realize, well, crap, I don't have Amazon prim I'm gonna need to borrow somebody's log in, or I'm gonna need to sign up for the trial or whatever it may be. So this is from Jimmy Train's Ride Up.
Speaker 4: It says that.
Speaker 2: With all those subscriptions needed, plus an additional four hundred and eighty dollars, if you want the NFL Sunday ticket on YouTube, I mean, like it's it's now gonna cost you a lot of big money. It's gonna cost you money to watch the NFL, more so than it ever has. And I don't know why people are surprised by that. I guess more than anything, it's just frustration due to that you used to just be able to turn on your TV on a Sunday, and you still can do that, by the way, like if you just if you're casual with it, you can, you know, you can just watch whatever game you get on Fox or whatever game you get on CBS, and of course, as we know, each week one of those networks gets two games. So anyways, it's coffee and Company and we are fuel abou Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety appreciate you hanging out with us five o'clock hour. Getting you set for tonight. We've got a big event at the Mcenter, WWE Monday Night Raw, which I mean, I don't know where this will rank as far as the amount of of you know, people that show up. I don't know if it's going to sell out. I know they sell out sometimes, but either way, I mean the production that you're going to see, which, by the way, if you don't watch wrestling, I totally get it. A lot of people don't. It's a very niche thing, but the people who like it really like it, and I think you'll see a live and active crowd tonight at the Um Center, and the production value that you get from Netflix, which again, this is now where you watch Monday Night Raw. For years it was always on USA Network and now it's on Netflix exclusively. So they'll make the Yum Center look really good. And I won't be able to watch it live or and I won't lie to you and act like I would even if I was available. I just don't get into it as much anymore. But like, I'm sure i'll hear about whatever lines they have the.
Speaker 4: The baby faces.
Speaker 2: Maybe they'll they'll be showing some love the Louisville because you know, they're the good guys, right, and then the bad guys, the heels. Maybe they'll make fun of us and call us hillbillies, or you know, they'll find some way to creatively make fun of us, because that's kind of part of it. Although that doesn't happen as much when you're on when you're on on the weekly live TV show that is raw, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, it's more or less on the house show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that makes total sense, But there is some there is some stuff I guess that they can kind of mess around with. I listen if if by some grace of God, Pat Kelsey.
Speaker 3: Is involved or they show him on the Titan Tron or something that.
Speaker 4: That would be insane.
Speaker 5: He seems like the type of energy that you would like to have it like a wrestling show.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not saying this because he's he's not tall, because you know, last I checked, I'm not very tall either, But like his energy and his brand, he would be an absolutely phenomenal manager shoe a star, would he not? Of course in the corner as he can also talk as good as anybody, of course, and that's.
Speaker 4: A big that's a big that's a big deal.
Speaker 2: When it comes to wrestling, right, Like you know, you've you've probably got some guys that have been stars, generational stars that it wasn't necessarily because of any physical ability that they had. I mean, you got to have some, but like they're just they've got I mean, honestly, what kind of range did Stone Cold Steve Austin have. He just talked reckless about beating his boss's ass at work and shot gun and beers, and you know, he's the he's the American man that every American man wanted to be in the nineties in early two thousands, right, like, yeah, I might, you know what, I might show up to work tomorrow and treat my boss like Stone Cold just did Vince McMahon. Yeah, because I've had enough of his stuff. I'm gonna stick it.
Speaker 4: To the man.
Speaker 2: I mean some of the storylines that were included in Monday Night Raw whenever I was a kid in the Attitude era.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, I don't even know what the actual story was.
Speaker 2: I just remember one time Vince McMahon would in a hospital bed and h and Stone Cold showed up and bombarded him and kept hitting him over the head with a bedpan, and Jerry Lawler kept saying, oh be pednic man, been man.
Speaker 4: Not a great Jerry impression, but you know, you get it.
Speaker 3: His a little screen that he always did was always.
Speaker 2: And he always talked about the puppies. But he wasn't talking about dogs, oh right, he was talking about something else that you know, if you know, you know. But yeah, we've got we've got ourselves big event tonight. And man, I don't know if Pat Kelsey's gonna be there, but if so, hell yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm shocked.
Speaker 5: One shocked me as some uh some actual like Louisville basketball players would be there because at the heart of it, there's still kind of kids. Yeah, but we're talking about transfer porter people, so they might be a little bit older. But I remember maybe like a year or two ago, uh, they had like three or four of them behind uh. They have a good spot for him too. They're like right behind the uh the announcer's table. I remember running into JJ trainor there.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of like the a yeah, but I guess, I mean, I wouldn't even the wrestling that maybe some of these U OFL athletes, even if they are twenty three twenty four, because of the pandemic and they've been able to get more eligibility than what we used to have. Like I wouldn't even really know what was going on at that time, but like I mean, I'm sure there's still I don't know, you would know better than I. Like what's the like when it comes to just the overall start to finish, Like when I see the pay per views that include like John Cena and The Rock and then I know Stone Cold came back for WrestleMania because you know it was WrestleMania. Like if you're just tuning into a weekly show that is raw or even SmackDown, Like.
Speaker 4: Are those guys still a part of that or is it just a real rare thing if they're If they're on.
Speaker 5: It, I mean hardly they're wrestling, but they make appearances. They said, those guys.
Speaker 4: For all that's that's really all you need, right mean, you.
Speaker 5: Just want them to show up and promote the next big paper. Well, they're called pl e's now premium live events. They're not called pay per views anymore because obviously can access it on peacock for like chipbook, so it's no longer PPV pay per view buys. But you'll probably see I don't think Sena is advertised for tonight.
Speaker 3: That will be awesome to see him.
Speaker 5: But he did just have a title match a couple of days ago against Randy Orton, and it was pretty cool because they were leading. Those two have had like such a good rivalry and on WWE programming they were showing their stuff from back in ov.
Speaker 2: W Yeah, I was gonna say, like you mentioned Orton and Sena, I mean both of them. I mean this was their home for years. Oh yeah, I mean they lived here and I mean even Cody Rhodes, like he right, you had him on your show, your podcast, and I know he always brought it up, and I thought it was cool that he didn't just I could be wrong, but he didn't just reference OVW at his time. He said Shepherdsville Road, which you know, that's for those who don't know, that's Yeah, that's where it's located. So yeah, I hope they get a good crowd out there tonight. And I know you'll be enjoying yourself in the suite, so sweet sweet life for the travel is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Good stuff, all right.
Speaker 2: So we also so if you've just now joined us, we've talked a little bit about the New Orleans Saints quarterback situation, as Derek Carr announced that he was going to retire and that at the time Saturday morning, that was a surprise to a lot of people. But I guess really just given the situation and if you really kind of look at what the Saints have done and and kind of listen to and maybe I'm reaching a little bit here, but I kind of now am of the belief that when the Saints told, when the Saints told Tyler Shuck they were drafting him, I kind of feel like they all knew that they that Derek Carr wasn't going to be there this year. Now, maybe it was because they did expect him to eventually get that surgery, and the surgery would of course require him to miss, you know, the entire season. So maybe it wasn't as if they just knew they'd never have Derek Carr again. Maybe they just knew, Look, he's not gonna be able to go unless he gets this surgery done because the pain is too much. And that's what it came down to. I mean, he was either going to do rehab and take injections to I guess deal with it as best he could, or he'd have to have the surgery and missed the entire season and the long or he went without having said surgery. I just think, you know, you have to realize that that there's probably a good chance he doesn't want to go through that process of surgery and then rehab, and he's clearly comfortable enough with you know, his life outside of football.
Speaker 4: To where he's gonna start that life.
Speaker 2: And uh, he retired Saturday, So I know you're gonna hear and I know it's been out there already that there's gonna be an open competition. There's gonna be open competition for the job between Jake Hayner, Tyler Shuck, and Spencer Rattler. But I just you don't draft now again, maybe you get maybe you get Tyler Shuck and you end up realizing that you know, he's not as ready as you thought he'd be. So maybe that, maybe that does play out. But I just think all signs point to them realizing they needed to go, They needed to get a new quarterback this year. And maybe they knew that the crop wasn't great here with this class in twenty twenty five, but they liked Shuck enough to use a second round pick on him, and you know he's gonna get an opportunity, which not a lot of guys can can just walk into a situation quite like this. To be clear, I guess he hasn't won the job yet, but I mean, you don't you'd be foolish even if he even if let's just say it's it's it's neck and neck.
Speaker 4: It's close.
Speaker 2: Maybe and maybe Rattler has a couple of days where he's maybe looking like a guy that might give you a better chance to win, but not by much. And I know you got to win games in the NFL. That's how you keep your job. But I don't know why you draft a second round guy who's again, the situation with Tyler is also a big factor here. He's twenty five years old. He'll be twenty six when he's playing in the NFL in his first season. I think that's one of the things they like about him, other than his arm. He can make all the throws, but he's I mean, he's mature, he's experienced and talented. I mean he's talented. He's a guy that that you know, once we got closer to the draft and everybody started referencing his film. In the one year at Louisville where he stayed healthy, I mean, he was phenomenal. I mean, I wouldn't say's best quarterback in the country, and he certainly made mistakes, but like that was one of the that was one of the things that stood out to me during this past level football season was that you'd have moments and really just games overall or I think, like, man, did.
Speaker 4: We waste this?
Speaker 2: We have a really special special quarterback seemingly under center, and Jeff Brohm's making him look great as well. Are we getting we Are we wasting this? And I don't think we did. I don't think the eight and four season can be viewed as all we wasted Tyler Shuck. But I don't know, maybe if he lights it up in the NFL, maybe we will look back and think man if Ron English could have gotten that defense together just a little bit, Like maybe we don't lose to Stanford. Maybe, you know, maybe we don't give up fourteen quick to smu to start the game. So yeah, Tyler Shuck's gonna get his opportunity, and I'm hopeful that he makes the most of it. We haven't talked a whole lot about the NBA playoffs today because it's been mostly just about the big news about Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan returning to the public eye in the basketball world.
Speaker 4: I mean that that's in I mean, I'm.
Speaker 2: Kind of at a loss for words because like it's Michael Jordan, you know, the kid, the kid in me growing up, like knowing that I was witnessing something special. And we played the NBC clip earlier from back in the day when Bob Costas was wash was letting us know that Jordan, you know, he's making his return for the first time, and I think he said twenty one months since he played in the NBA and hearing that NBC theme, hearing Bob Costas's voice, and you know, I mean it's it's nostalgic. The hair on my arms and my neck was standing up. And I don't know if we're going to get that same feeling when when when Jordan is returned. I mean, for those who don't know the news, he's an NBC, he's going to be part of NBC's NBA coverage. Is they now are back in as far as having some you know, they're one of the many TV partners for the NBA, and you know, I just this is something I brought up earlier for those who missed it, when it comes to how competitive it is with these networks now as far as making you know, I would imagine the NBA will try to make it very fair to where each broadcast partner will get, you know, a healthy amount of good games, good matchups, right, Like they're not going to just give all the great games to one network. I mean, they shouldn't do that. So what you want to do if you're ESPN, if you're NBC. If you're Amazon Prime, you want to make sure you've got the best crew possible to where the experience in watching the NBA is better on your network than it is on these other networks. And I think all will do a pretty good job, especially knowing that TNT who's now out, they're going to loan. Basically, ESPN is leasing Charles Barkley and that crew to help cover the NBA, which I think is the right way to do it, because ESPN, believe it or not, they're coverage. To me, I think stinks. So anyways, you know, just imagine how competitive it is. I'm sure if you're ESPN, you're thinking, oh, man, they got Carmelo Anthony as a studio analyst. Ah man, they got Reggie Miller as one of the game analysts. That's a pretty good get. And you know you're just wondering, Okay, how can we compete? How can we compete?
Speaker 4: And then they tell you, oh, yeah, we got Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: He's going to be a contributor to our NBA coverage, And like, you know, not that you throw in the towel and refuse to compete, but like you have to know, oh yeah, we don't. We don't have that, we don't have the ability to do that. And I'm I'm so curious as to what really made Jordan want to do this, because he's been in the background really since he stopped playing. And what I mean by that is, yes, you know who he is. He's Michael Jordan, a right, I mean his I mean, his logo is everywhere within our society seemingly he's Michael Jordan, and he's owned an NBA team, so like people have known that he's dipped his toe in some other things as far as business. He got into NASCAR, but like he's a very I shouldn't say he's very private. Maybe he is, I don't know, but like he doesn't need money, he doesn't need or seek attention, because again we're talking about Michael Jordan, so his interest. I'm just curious if it's just because he really wants to try this because he loved me, I would assume he'll always love basketball. But really, I don't know what to expect as far as like him as an analyst. I mean, I kind of feel like, in a way, the kid in me Jordan could come up there and say next to nothing, and I'd be like, oh my god, Jordan's talking about Oh you hear what he said about Lebron, like you know, and it probably will be nothing, but like it's Jordan, Jordan can can. I mean, he to me is one of one and really in every aspect of any athlete in any sport. But again I say that there's some you know, some bias on my end just because of my era. But yeah, hearing that NBC theme song was really cool and I can't wait to watch the NBA. I mean, I'm probably overdoing it a little bit, but I feel like early on just because of the nostalgia here and then it's been and it's been so long, like when they have their first games, there'll be a nice boost just because people are gonna be intrigued by, Wow, let's pop on NBC and see what this looks like. Man, it's been a long time, and I give NBC credit. It's a no brainer, so I'm sure everybody else would have done it, but like, lean into that, lean into that old logo, lean into the you know, the theme song, because it can it can only help you, all right. We also talked about the NBA Draft lottery, which is tonight we're gonna find out where Cooper Flag's gonna end up. And as we discussed earlier, the team with the I guess the best chance of landing him as of right now and against I don't know why I say as of right now, because it's certainly not going to change from now until whenever they actually have the lottery. But there's three teams with the best chance. That's the Jazz, the Wizards, and the Hornets, and then after that you've got the Pelicans and then the Sixers. I kind of hope of those five, I hope it's the Sixers because I actually do think there's something, you know, I think you know, I don't like the Sixers by any means. I'm not a fan, but I just if this guy's as good as people claim he's going to be in the NBA, I think we saw in college that he was a pretty special player. I mean that's putting it lightly. I think he's he's gifted and still very raw. So I just if he ends up with the Hornets or with the Pelicans or with the Jazz, like I mean, if he averages forty to twenty, you know, it'll get attention and he'll be a superstar, but I just I think it's better for the NBA if he ends up in a bigger market. And you know, you don't have you don't have any control over that because you know, it really just comes down to the ping pong balls, which I referenced the story a little bit earlier, the controversy about the nineteen eighty five NBA Draft lottery. And I'm not big on conspiracies, and look, this took place before I was born. We're talking about, you know, forty years ago. But I mean the more you read about it, I think the more you would be, maybe not convinced, but at least open to believing that it was totally set up for the Knicks to get Patrick Ewing. So Darren Nevelle put this out earlier, and I'll read directly from his tweet. He says, forty years ago today, the alleged frozen envelope gives the New York Knicks the number one pick in Patrick Ewing's rights. Not often mentioned, Jack Wagner, who put the envelope in the drum, was a partner at Ernst and Whitney, Ian w Audited Golf and Western, who owned the Knicks. David Stern at the time said he was aware. So I mean that to me screams yeah they had something. I mean, I guess that's not necessarily proof, but like, this is one of those conspiracy theories that has been out there in sports for so long that I feel like if there was any way to fully prove that that wasn't true, than we'd know by now. But yeah, in nineteen eighty five, there was that frozen envelope and the Knicks of course needed some life, and Ewing gave them that, and then you know Michael Jordan, he turned what he turned into to where the Knicks never got out of the East. But Jack Wagner again who handled the envelopes, says here that he was he basically worked for the Knicks parent company. And it's still to this day one of the I guess, most believable conspiracy theories in sports. I know Dan Patrick recently might have been as early as today. I know I saw write up about it today where he was there at the NBA Draft Lotter. I don't know what he was doing, who was working for at that time or anything. It was a long time ago, but yeah, I mean it it probably happened in my mind, and like I kind of get it now again maybe ewing. There's a lot of people in the East at that time that in the nineties, like maybe their entire legacy is different. If you know, Jordan and the Bulls weren't there, you know, I mean, the best Pacers team that I think I ever watched was the nineteen ninety six, ninety seventeen and Reggie Jalen, I mean, Rick Smith's Dale Davis, Antonio Davis. We were loaded and we were good, but you know, you had to get past Michael Jordan and the Bulls, which had had a weird dynamic with me because like in those games, I rooted for the Pacers. I would cry at times if they'd lose. But also like I don't know any kid growing up that couldn't love Michael Jordan, I mean, and what's crazy is that, like it wasn't like he had some wide range of like entertainment value and like relatability to kids, but like he just became I mean.
Speaker 4: First of all, he was that good.
Speaker 2: He was such a competitor, and yeah, I just I remember rooting against the Bulls, but also like whenever Jordan would do Jordan things, and we would lose. I would think, like, yeah, you know, what are you gonna do? What you're gonna do is Michael Jordan. He's pretty special, all right, quick break what I want to get to On the other side, I talked about this earlier, but I didn't get a chance to get to it just yet. But apparently there are some scientists at UCLA that have legitimately claimed that they have they believe they found the cure for baldness, meaning like they now have something, some type of a substance that like they believe, can be sold to rub on someone's head and your hair will in fact grow back, no questions asked. I don't know if I believe it, but man, that'd be a game changer for all the fellows out there.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Thankfully, I don't have anything to worry about just yet, but I'm sure my hair will be gone at some point. Also, Jackson Dart, he's the guy who I believe will be the no brainer type of bust for in this year's NFL draft class. But he did there's there's a specific test that he did really well on that if you know, if things stay consistent, meaning other quarterbacks that were drafted, they had the same the same type of score. They were really successful. So we can get into that in a lot more. Keep it lock right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's Coffee and Company field by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you guys hanging out with us today. I also appreciate my friends over at the Louisville Men's Clinic. Give him a call five O two four four four four thousand.
Speaker 4: That is the number.
Speaker 2: You can check them out online at Louisvillemen's Clinic dot com. There's a lot of different services that they provide. They can help you be a happier and healthier man, hence the name of Louisville Men's Clinic. And they're really good at what they do. They're well aware that there are certain things you may reach out to them that you need you need some help with and it may not be the most comfortable thing to, you know, discuss, because you know, it's not a comfortable conversation for everybody. If you've got a rectilist function and it's causing issues with your partner intimacy, that kind of stuff. So, uh, just don't worry about that aspect of it. I mean, easier said than done, but like they're aware that, like they're going to guide you through it, and they're going to make it as smooth of a process and as comfortable of a process as it can be.
Speaker 4: And best of all, if it's a rectil eddis.
Speaker 2: Function, they trust what they do so much so that if it doesn't work, you don't pay, You do not perform. If you don't perform after they've worked with you, when it comes to treating your rectialist function, you don't have to pay any money.
Speaker 4: I mean that's I mean.
Speaker 2: There's a reason that not everybody and all these different industries are putting that kind of a guarantee on it because you know, it's tough to know, but that's how much they trust what they can do. And there's a variety of ways they can treat it for you. But it's not just for a rectatas function, also low testosterone. They've got weight loss therapy, Proni's disease. So again, Louisvillman's clinic dot com is the website. Give him a call, FAVO to four four four four thousand. All right, So we talked a little bit earlier about the NBA G League Combine, which took place over the weekend I believe it was. And now you've got the NBA Draft Combine getting underway and Chucky hepburn you know, he had a good heat. I don't know what his stats were throughout, but had a good game, hit a three pointer to hit the buzzer to win one of the games that they had in the in the combine. So not really sure what his draft status is. I mean, I would not expect to hear him drafted. But again, as I talked about earlier, to me, it just comes down to like opportunity, like the right opportunity for for a guy like him, meaning a guard who can play off the ball but obviously comfortable being a point guard. And the last thing I want to do is is, you know, make it seem as if anybody that you know, Chucky Hebburns just grow on trees, because I don't believe that. And honestly, I actually think that you know, Chucky for just being here one year, like he's I don't know where he it'd be impossible to like know where we would fit him in the you know, all Tom greats, because it's just it's it's really foolish to try to compare when he's only when he was only here a year. So anyways, I hope he works out for him. But you know, I think the hardest thing for guys like Chucky, players of that caliber, it's it's just you know, the opportunity, right timing, right situation, and that really you know, you can't really control that at times. So anyways, another uh performer in the G League combine was Kentucky Uh. Well, I guess he's a pit transfer, but he's going to be a Kentucky Wildcat for Mark Pope. Jalen Lowe, who apparently was one of the better performers for at least one of the days there at the G League camp because he had some pretty impressive numbers. I know, some folks covering the event were really raving about him, and you know, he's one of those guys that I you know, I've never once acted like he wasn't talented.
Speaker 4: You know, I watched him play at PITT. I knew he was good. He's got some real ability.
Speaker 2: But the head scratching thing for me was then whenever he was in the portal and he ended up with Kentucky. You know, they got a talented guard, but he just is not at all similar to what Mark Pope wants in a guard, right. I mean he's he's not a shooter, and he's a volume scorer, meaning he's taken a lot of shots in order to you know, to get the sixteen seventeen whatever it was he averaged. But you know he's got a lot of ability. I mean I've seen that in person a couple of times. He's a talented player.
Speaker 4: At six'.
Speaker 2: Three so like maybe it's a situation where you know he he'll be in a much better system because you, Know pitt was lousy And pitt had some decent players outside Of low they just were a mess because you know It's. Pitt it's, capable but you know he was he was somebody that got a lot of, attention and you, know maybe maybe he'll be an example of of players that you really don't know how good they are until they're away from a you, KNOW i can't think of any great, examples but more often than, not guys who transfer that play for bad teams that end up transferring up like they either take a step back or they just really don't have a big role at. All so Maybe Jayleen low will be the example of somebody that you know pleasantly is a pleasant surprise because maybe he's just as productive At kentucky as he Was pitt and it's because he's, playing you, know for a better, coach which you, KNOW i don't think it's a. QUESTION i Think Mark pope's a better coach than Than Jeff. Cable but, anyways let's see the STORY i referenced earlier THAT i, mean it is getting a lot of. ATTENTION i mean it's if you do a Quick google search ABOUT ucla scientists curing. BALDING i, mean you'll see all the stories that are out. There but it almost kind of seems, like you, know why didn't somebody figure this out? Sooner so if you don't know What i'm talking, about there are some scientists AT ucla that have claimed they have figured out a way to secure, baldness or at least they say they're close to, it but they're. Confident so let's see The i'm trying to find the exact and again it's probably a word That i'll, butcher but, yeah this is from stem cell DOT ucla dot. Edu so this actually comes from the OFFICIAL ucla like university.
Speaker 4: Website excuse.
Speaker 2: ME ucla scientists have now identified a small molecule, that when, prompted can waken long slumbering but undamaged. Follicles the researchers have dubbed the transporting MOLECULE pp four oh, five and lab work on the molecule has been going on for almost a. Decade says here that in the first human trials conducted in twenty twenty, three reas searchers found that application OF pp four oh five as a topical medicine onto the scalp at bedtime for a week produced promising. Results so now it sounds as if THEY'RE i guess getting over time even even you, know better, results which you, know having you, know balding or having a bad hairline or a bald. Spot like it's IT'S i, MEAN i don't know the, numbers but like it's really common. NOW i guess you, know you don't want it to happen when you're when you're, younger but it but it. Does LIKE i mean, AGAIN i don't know the percentage of men in their thirties that are dealing with a receding hairline or if they've already you, know had the horseshoe kind of thing going, on so they just go bald LIKE I, i you, KNOW i don't and it's not trust, me it's not a out of sight it's. NOT i, MEAN i can't, relate but it's not because Like i'm you, know trust, Me i'm just trying not to be. OFFENDED i don't want to offend anybody who does have an issue when it comes to losing their. Hair but, this to me seems like if they could find like this would be. Huge NOW i can also see it becoming one of those things that you, know in order to get said treatment with this new this new, FIX i guess that these scientists have put in, place like you're gonna have to pay an in same amount of money or something like. That but like if there was a way to just simply put something on your head to make your hair grow after you've been bald for a, while like it's the game changer for the. Boys so we'll see if that ends up being, like you, know a bigger a bigger thing or. Not but, yeah that would you know that to, me that's if this this is, real WHICH i believe it. Is again it came from the OFFICIAL ucla. Website then IF i was somebody that knew, that, Hey i'm gonna have to look into some plugs or maybe get a rug because my hair's going.
Speaker 4: Fast LIKE i would be keeping up with this uh pretty.
Speaker 2: Frequently just to see if there's gonna be a, different, uh a different fix in.
Speaker 4: Place.
Speaker 2: Now, UH i don't know IF i hear so, MUCH i guess read so much on the, end AND i have no clue what's, true what's, real what's? Not that's really society this day and. Age BUT i feel like the weight loss medicines out, there like the, ozempic what's another one Called austin ozempic and WHAT gov is at? It, yeah, yes like those types of medicines that have you, know been around FOR i don't, know maybe a couple of years, now like they work. Now, AGAIN i know people tell you that there's all these dangerous side. Effects i've actually not And i'm not saying that there's not side. Effects i'm just telling YOU i don't know what those side effects would. Be but like to me that the results that a lot of some PEOPLE i, know and they're seemingly.
Speaker 4: Healthy they don't look.
Speaker 2: ILL i, MEAN i think there's some people that just if they lose a ton of weight and you've only seen them, with you, know for twenty, years with at, least you, know forty to fifty pounds on, them that's now not. There, yeah they're gonna look. Different you, know maybe they look maybe they look ill to you because you just aren't used to seeing them that. Way BUT i kind of feel like those, MEDICINES i, mean they've clearly been effected enough to where a ton of people have used them and a ton of people have gotten.
Speaker 4: RESULTS i, mean do you.
Speaker 2: Know Anybody austin that's used it and had, success BECAUSE i MEAN.
Speaker 5: I know a few people the fiances onything like, that and she's she's taken the smaller, doses BUT i know it seems like it does good. WORK i was just talking to someone about this. Earlier it almost reminds me of like when the vaping fad became a thing years, ago and this is a much healthier alternatives than, cigarettes and then, people, yeah we didn't have the information on it now and now you look at, it they're telling you to stay away from. It So i'm kind of skeptical of what it may. Be i've down the, line So.
Speaker 2: I've looked at. TRYING i Mean i've tried. Again you can find anything you want on the. Internet it's tough this day and, age, though to know what's real and what's. Not but you, know when it comes to the people THAT i know, PERSONALLY i, mean they they seem healthy and they've lost a lot of weight To, LIKE i can't say that that is cured obesity by any, means but, like it's something that for a long.
Speaker 4: TIME i bet those.
Speaker 2: People who had a tough time without a product of medicine like that to help them curb appetite and lose, Weight, like they probably tried all kinds of different things that didn't, work and then this. Did And i'm sure for them it's, like finally there is something that you know doesn't require such a drastic challenge for, me such a drastic lifestyle change that by just simply taking this eject that you, know injecting myself every, Week i've now completely changed my Appetite and now you, KNOW i weigh one hundred pounds less THAN i used. To that's an extreme, Example but, YEAH i mean there's been plenty of folks who've lost that kind of.
Speaker 5: Weight so it also it targets you, know the fat in your, body but you also lose muscle mass. Too oh so if you're not working out on, it you're probably gonna, Call you're probably gonna come across like looking sick to other people because it's actually a lot of people on there they just don't look.
Speaker 2: For actually it actually can take a hit to your testosterone.
Speaker 3: Too that doesn't shock.
Speaker 2: Me so that's another PLUG i can give to my friends at The Little Men's cliner because they offer those types of weight lost treatments that that are. Effective but obviously if you're somebody that's already working with them and you want, to you, know get your testosterone levels where they need to. Be, clearly the doctors at the local men's clinic doctor would himself like he can get your balance to where you're you're benefiting from both, Right like you're obtaining testosterone to have the right you, know the right levels for a lot of things including. Intimacy you're libido and of course you know just if you're working, out but also you know you're not because FROM i. Understand it just simply makes it to where you can't eat as much as you used. To it's not, like you, know it's just it's not just.
Speaker 4: A little bit of.
Speaker 2: It it's not just a medicine that you injected and all this weight starts falling.
Speaker 4: Off but it.
Speaker 2: Does it does make it to where you no longer can can eat as, much which for a lot of, people you, Know i'm not passing any, judgment like that's the biggest battle is, that like they eat because they're, boredya because they're, sad they stress Eat and you, know we are a big, country if you know What i'm, SAYING i don't mean just our, POPULATION i mean we.
Speaker 4: Are we're a lot of us are.
Speaker 2: Fat and you, know if you know you're, happy you're, content and you're doc says you're, okay then. Cool but LIKE i, know a lot of people probably realize that if they don't do something about their weight, management then it could impact life expectancy a little bit later. On and you, know when you see other people that have been able to, effectively you, know make, IMPROVEMENTS i mean you, know but, yeah you're. Right now it's turned into WHERE i can't nobody's told me. Why but it's you, know people are either all on board with it or telling you it's the worst thing you could ever. Do AND i just you, Know i've not followed it close enough to know what's right or. Wrong, again you can find anything you want to believe on the internet if you look hard. Enough all, right quick, Break we'll come back and wrap this thing up on the other side right here On Sports talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety now back to coffee and company fueled By thornton's On Sports talk seven nine.
Speaker 2: Day SO i won't claim to be somebody who is great at EVALUATING nfl quarterback. TALENT i, mean sometimes you just know because guys are just that. Special But Jackson, dart the former Ole miss, quarterback not somebody THAT i felt like just, Screamed, okay this is a can't miss, guy because, honestly you, know his best games came against teams that weren't the good ones on the Ole miss. Schedule AND i just think this class of, QUARTERBACKS i, mean there's a reason WHY i Think shuck came out of nowhere and became the third quarterback.
Speaker 4: Taken but, anyways if in fact you have.
Speaker 2: Any if you're A giants, fan and you are somebody that really like that really trusts THE sps score, index it is The Star predictor, score then you'll be happy With Jackson dark because he achieved a perfect one hundred star predictor in THIS, sps which AGAIN i don't know a whole lot about of, it but it uses seventeen distinct analytical. Factors it's been around since two thousand and, three and other quarterbacks that have have had really good scores include guys that you know have gone on.
Speaker 4: To prove they're they're really really.
Speaker 2: Good in, fact the only quarterback that is in, Fact Jackson dark got a one, hundred the first time that's ever. Happened the other quarter the quarterback who got in, Fact i'm, sorry, no, Yeah lamar was ninety nine point. Two Jackson dart is one hundred point, zero and Then Jalen hurts was ninety nine point, zero And mahomes was ninety six point.
Speaker 3: Two Ben.
Speaker 2: Roethlisberger so of all the quarterbacks on here that THAT i think you could say.
Speaker 4: This that had a great score here and they ended up.
Speaker 2: STINKING i, Mean Josh allen's listed, HERE i, mean and there's only been let's see Five i'm. Sorry, now let's see, one, two, three, four, five, six. Seven there's been nine that have gotten ninety two point nine or. Higher Josh allen LAST i, checked he's pretty. Good Kyler, MURRAY i, MEAN i actually think he's better than people. REALIZE i, just you, Know i'm not sure if he's a guy that's gonna win a Super. Bowl Cam, NEWTON i mean he won AN, mvp made a Super.
Speaker 3: Bowl he was.
Speaker 2: Good cam's probably better than a lot of us really gave him credit. For but you, know he got a ninety four point. Eight watson is the only quarterback on here that THAT i, think you, know and, AGAIN i never thought he was that. Special but before, Injuries Cam newton or not came. In But Shaun watson was a pretty good. Quarterback But Roethlisberger Mahomes Jalen Hurts, LAMAR i, mean that's good company For Jackson. Dart So i'll be, Honest i've never even heard of this thing, before but apparently it's it's been rather accurate when it comes to how it evaluates. Quarterbacks so maybe myself and many others will be, wrong BECAUSE i Know i'm not the only one that Predicted Jackson dart would be the ultimate quarterback bust in this, class but you really never. Know, again there's examples on both sides of guys that you thought would be certainly not able to get it done and they become. Great and then there's guys who you feel, like, man this guy's going to be the next best thing in THE, nfl and you know doesn't work out that, way So i'll save him the best for.
Speaker 4: LAST i had to good, stuff good.
Speaker 2: Stuff all, right we're out of, Here. Austin enjoy, yourself have a fun night tonight And monday night. Roll we'll be back tomorrow and hope you have some good stories for, us my. Man have a good, night, everybody