Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. Would let your taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But your freaking idiots all right, just a quicker mind you. Here a couple of things coming up. The final two days for Rock the Bank cash giveaways. First keyword for today will happen right after you say it.
Speaker 1: We play it.
Speaker 2: On that note, voting remains open a little more than fifteen minutes. This morning's featured band is Volbeat Jr. Facebook page. If you want to throw a vote in, everybody who votes eligible to win my Chemical Romance tickets.
Speaker 1: Big Olds sold out Jr. Our show. I'm still shocked how quickly that show sold out the whole tour did I know. It's just crazy to me, but we have tickets for it today and tomorrow. Just get your vote in. You say, we play it. Got about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three Volebeat tunes. The one with the most votes, we obviously will play back as decided by you at nine o'clock. Let's start in Speedway, Indiana, which is where the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is. Just outside of Indianapolis. Appropriate say hello to a gentleman named William Demurs. William led the Indianapolis police on an eighteen minute high speed chase, and the speeds got into the triple digits. They ended up on Raceway Road, right near the speedway. William eventually pulled over, stopped, and then told the police that he was giving up because the officers chasing him were really good and he wanted to put an end to it before anybody got hurt. As the conversation continued, he volunteered the info that he was an habitual traffic violator that always ran from the police because wealth he's really good at it.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: His record is now six and three versus the police.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: He did note and congratulate to Indianapolis officers on being the first from that city to actually get him to stop, because up until then he was always able to get away from Indianapolis officers.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's a question. How old did you say? This guy?
Speaker 2: They don't list his age, don't sound like what is it?
Speaker 1: What would you guess? I'm guessing he sounds like somebody in his twenties, like twenties or thirties.
Speaker 2: Probably, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Use your brain, Just shut your mouth. Six and three. First of you, guys say that the old Tommy Boy line it was running from bees.
Speaker 2: Got to give him credit though for realizing, look, I'm going over one hundred miles per hour here they're chasing me. This isn't going to end well for someone if this doesn't stop, and recognizing that you have to give him credit on that front.
Speaker 1: I do, but why why are you doing it anyway? Don't give him credit there?
Speaker 2: I do have to ask how the judge is going to receive the information about being six and three and running every time there's a traffic offense just because you suck at driving.
Speaker 1: Is the judge gonna find this out? Well, I'm sure, I'm sure I would hope, but you never know that. Everybody's so like busy, and you know this is all from the police report, so obviously going straight to the man, the man in the robe. Why did they put judges in robes so you don't have to wear anything underneath? It's all about comfortability in taco. No, let's be let's be straight here. Why what did they just have them up there in a three piece seat or something? Is it?
Speaker 2: Does that date back to the ages of Yes, it's it's a traditional garb. How about in England where they wear there's white wigs.
Speaker 1: That's just stupid. Still today, there's certain things you need to retire.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: It's a good luck and your driving endeavor, sir.
Speaker 2: So speaking of driving, what's old is about to be new again. I'm not sure anyone asked for this.
Speaker 1: Pazuki Samurai is coming back. You're on the right track, Taco. Not the Suzuki Samurai, which was one of the all time most infamous vehicles. It would flip over. I had two friends that flipped them, boyfriend and girlfriend. As a matter of fact, the you Go is making a comeback. If you're younger, you don't even probably know what the Yugo is. It was a budget Ugo Slavia and produced vehicle.
Speaker 2: There are several different models, and hey, Yugo Slavia isn't even Yugoslavia anymore, Bosnian, Herzegovina, Croatian, several other countries.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, there's one number of listeners Terry up on TV runs breakers. Sorry squirrel, it's a diehard listener anyway. So they're putting of Ugo. I think the reason when they they got rid of him because they were pos's everybody made fun of them. I'm betting I know why they're putting them out, because they're small and efficient.
Speaker 2: Professor Alexander Belgik, an engineer, economist and professor with decades of experience in the car industry, is behind this project. He has already secured the funding required in buying the rights to the Yugo name, filed the required trademark applications all over the world, and commissioned a Serbian designer named Darko Marchetta to come up with a handful of early styling proposals.
Speaker 1: That sounds like an assassinist. His name Darko Machetta. Yeah, he's disappeared some people, there's no doubt. Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bosni and Serbia. Yeah, that's that's an area of the world you just don't go dick around in. Although I'm sure other areas will go. Parts of this lovely country, you just don't go there and dick around. Detroit, Oakland, Chicago, come to mind, you go Florida. I just okay.
Speaker 1: Somebody googled why the judges wear robes to symbolize authority, impartiality, and the rule of law. Tradition yep it oor originated back in England. Let's see again, it's just like the wigs, come on, just retire. Somebody else texted in one simple phrase, s box Yeah, oh hugos. God, if you drove a Yugo or anybody younger that again like Pats that doesn't know what we're talking about, you were made fun of.
Speaker 2: Yes. And here's the other part. In that time frame, there were plenty of vehicles under fifteen thousand dollars. I mean, it was common to be able to go buy a brand new vehicle for well under fifteen thousand dollars. Now it's like, you know, that's out of the question when you're talking new, that's a used one. So was there really even a need for a sub budget budget car even then?
Speaker 1: Pat's weren't they weren't they like six seven thousand dollars. I think we're cheaper than that. I I mean, because like you said, cars were about thirteen to fifteen thousand dollars, did they? I think they were. Yeah. So anybody that had a Yugo, we're not going to make fun of you because hey, wheels or wheels in my eyes and Pat, we're not car dudes.
Speaker 2: But you know, the driver of the green streak for crying out loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I drove a nineteen seventy seven Plymouth Valaris station wagon for crying out loud. No, somebody text in he had the right to remain silent, and he didn't tad hit it on the head. No clothes under the robe, so it's easy access. When they go to f you, it's a judge's fault. They were in front of them, not.
Speaker 2: Ours, right, right right. And finally, there's just a thirty eight year old woman from Georgia named Christina Murray is suing a fertility clinic and Georgia after they implanted the wrong embryo and she ends up giving birth to someone else's baby.
Speaker 1: How did she know? She used. I'm going to get to that.
Speaker 2: She used a donor to get pregnant in twenty twenty three, gave birth that December, but she immediately knew something was wrong because she's white and the kid is black.
Speaker 1: I was waiting.
Speaker 2: She selected a donor with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, so imagine her surprise when her little bundle of joy arrived. She then bought an at home DNA test and got the results a month later. The test confirmed she and the boy were not related in any way, shape or form, she told the clinic. They figured out the embryo belonged to another couple who were also clients, so that couple had to sue Christina for custody, and she gave the kid up voluntarily. He was about five months old by that point.
Speaker 1: Here's the Georgia lady. I don't care. I don't want your black baby anyway you take it. So they had to sue her for customs as illegal. Yeah, okay, at least they're getting a baby. And then sorry, Christina, try again.
Speaker 2: Well she I mean she had bonded with the kids. She breastfed him and took him to all of his doctor's appointments for the first five months.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought she couldn't stand him. She has no no, no, no, no, no, she just realized it. Not clear how much she's suing for.
Speaker 2: Lawsuit says it is an excess of seventy five thousand dollars. Jury could obviously deserve her decide she deserves a lot more.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Everybody's texting in pat Yeah, she's gonna get a buttload of money. But everybody's texted in yep, four door, you go we Go. You know, remember the Ugo we Go you go nowhere. PT cruisers were hilarious. My boss bought one when I was a teenager, made fun of it under pat under six k.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah it was. You said it was a budget, budget car when cars are actually kind of affordable.
Speaker 1: Somebody just texted in you guys were thirty nine to ninety five. Think of that right now. Like you said, you look at a full size pickup, they're a hundred k.
Speaker 2: Just some of these.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, sick thing.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: And only I know we sounded like I can't get off my yard. The only reason is because all those electric gadgets did end up breaking quicker anyway.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 1: I'm crying, laughing my ass off. Poor ladies because Pat going through that whole process. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh here here's sir. Maybe because it sets it on mother's.
Speaker 1: Chest range well yeah, maybe the maybe the mom's embry of am using a mixed.
Speaker 2: Parent did hair and blue ice, No
Speaker 1: Not Cuzy in his busy