Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. President Trump said he's directing the opening of Guantanamo Bay now to hold the.
Speaker 2: Worst of the worst.
Speaker 1: They say they've got thirty thousand beds for criminal illegal immigrants living illegally in the United States. After again, this is some people who came here and are criminal because they came here illegally. It's because they came here illegally and committed heinous crimes. We made this announcement right before he signed that Lake and Riley Act into law.
Speaker 3: Bottom of the hour, we're going to talk a little bit more about the ASAP Rocky trial. Rihanna was a pretty high profile attendee today. We also have what you Watch on Wednesday coming up later on in a few minutes. Actually, Tony Robbins, motivational speaker, philanthropist, author, entrepreneur, he's going to join us. We're going to be talking more about the millions of dollars that he's donated to Dream Center LA for relief efforts after our wildfire.
Speaker 2: What else is going on?
Speaker 4: Time four?
Speaker 5: What's happening What's Happening is sponsored by Abner Gat Water Damage Fire Damage.
Speaker 3: Burglary called Public Adjuster Abner Gat eight one eight nine one seven five to two five. You heard it here a short time ago the Amber alert that has been issued for a couple of little kids out of the San Joaquin Valley after their mother was found dead. Officials believed that dad is responsible for the kidnapping and for killing the mom. This would have happened yesterday afternoon. The sheriffs in Sheriff's Deputies in King's County went to a house in Hanford for a welfare check and they found the woman dead with a gunshot wound. They believe that twenty three year old Jonathan Maldonado Cruz of Hanford left the home earlier that day at about one in the morning with his two kids after allegedly killing their mother. So they're looking for three year old Aria Maldonado and two year old Alena Maldonado. Described both of them small kids, one twenty five pounds the other twenty pounds. I mean, they're beautiful little girls. This guy is apparently driving a gray Hyundai Elantra twenty twenty Hondai Elantra with a license plate that is eight lz D zero eighty four, and they said yes. Even though this happened in Hanford, the assumption is that this guy may be headed to Mexico, which is why it's such a big deal here in southern California.
Speaker 1: Harvey Weinstein is begging a judge in Manhattan today to put him on trial earlier than planned. He says he's not sure he'll live until the spring while incarcerated in the hell hole that is Riker's He said, while sitting in a wheelchair, to the judge, every day I'm at Riker's Island. It's a mystery to me how I'm still walking. I'm asking and begging you, your honor. I can't hold on anymore. I'm holding on because I want justice for myself and I want this to be over with.
Speaker 3: He's got to wait until mid April, the judge said. The murder trial is set in Stone. Yep, you're screw bad person. The suspect in the Gilgo Beach murders is trying to bar DNA evidence and then have seven separate trials for the seven deaths that he is accused of. Rex Huerman's lawyers have argued that DNA analysis relied on by prosecutors is not actually widely accepted in the scientific community and should be excluded from the trial they've been investigating. Police have the deaths of at least ten people, most of them female sex workers, whose remains were discovered along and isolated highway not far from Gilgo Beach.
Speaker 6: There on Long Island's south.
Speaker 1: Shore, a Pakistani YouTube star was gifted a lion cub on his wedding day.
Speaker 2: How has avoided jail.
Speaker 1: He promised to judge to upload animal rights videos for a year.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting sentence, isn't it. This young.
Speaker 1: Lion cub, resembling Simba from The Lion King was it presented to him in a gold chained cage in front of thousands of guests who had partied late into the night.
Speaker 2: On the wedding day.
Speaker 1: A captioned a video of the event, It's raining. Gifts racked up nearly ten million views. But the morning after the wedding, the police raided his home, confiscated Simba and kept the newly wedding custody overnight. They say that the animal was in poor condition. It was very cold, it was just roaming around the garage. That's unfortunate, though you're given the gift. It's not like he acquired the lion. He was just given the gift of the cub.
Speaker 3: New York City guy admitted to stealing more than one hundred thousand dollars dollars worth of sports memorabilia while on the job as a Postal Service sorting clerk. Thirty four year old, a resident of the Bronx, leaded guilty to theft by mail of mail by a postal service employee said that several parcels designed for a consignment auction house that was located in Clifton, New Jersey, went missing, and they said that the company specializes in the sale of trading cards and sports memorabilia that it receives from customers around the world. That they said this guy swiped at least ten parcels that contained valuable trading cards and sports memorabilia, including trading cards of Michael Jordan, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, current NHL star Connor McDavid, jerseys worn by Reggie Miller and other NBA athletes, and autograph pictures of Rafael Nadal and other famous players. He's been ordered to pay one hundred and eight almost one hundred and nine thousand dollars in restitution.
Speaker 1: Your Jeopardy question of the day Your category is inventions for one thousand dollars. Bench a blindness prevention advocate, Doctor Patricia Bath invented a laser device to treat this clouding of the eyes lens?
Speaker 2: What is glaucoma cataracts?
Speaker 1: Sorry, okay, roll, I need to hammer yourself over the head with a negative sounder. Well, as you see with natural disasters, man made disasters, what have you? Usually, the community rises above and makes you feel good no matter where it is. Well when it happens here in LA, you see a lot of big names do good. Tony Robbins is one of those big names. Tony Robbins is actually from Hollywood, born in North Hollywood, went to Glendora High as well, and has gotten very involved via the Dream Center LA to help people and he's going to match is it up to a million dollars?
Speaker 6: Tony? What are you thinking?
Speaker 4: Well? Nice to meet you guys, Listen.
Speaker 5: I was there on Tuesday and Wednesday when the fires broke out to visit some friends I don't live in LA have them for twenty five years, but it's you know, my upbringing, so I wanted to donate a million dollars. Actually what I found was people are been really generous with clothing, but the big problem is, you know obviously how that's the most expensive piece, and then food. So I'm actually donating four and a half million dollars. But the Dream Center I found out about from iHeartRadio and I went and did my homework and they're doing such an amazing job reaching the people that need it most. So if people go to Dreamcenter dot org and want to donate, I'll match your dollars. Then it's all double whatever you put out there during that up to a million dollars of that group. But I've also done it with Airbnb and they're going to donate five thousand rooms I believe to Dream Center as well, and also with Beyonce's group Big Good or Be Good rather should say. And I'm donating thirty five million meals also through farm Length for the next year because when the media goes away, people are still going to be hungry. And then I lost my own home years and years ago, so I know what it feels like, and so I have three tools that I give people to help their kids and themselves get through the emotion of it as well. That we're not charging for anything, obviously, it's all just.
Speaker 3: A gift when people. I mean, there's eleven million people in La County, and several thousands of them have been impacted by these fires. There's still another ten and a half million who are not necessarily impacted but feel the emotional toll of this. Perhaps could you talk about how how important it is for recording and you talk all that, how important is it for you to be involved in the recovery effort?
Speaker 5: Well that's you know a few years ago when I lost my own home, I had three children, and you know, we got out with the clothes on our back, and you know, obviously you feel grief and anger and frustration and all those pieces because everything I had in those days. I'm old enough when your pictures were just your pictures. They weren't on the web or anywhere else. But I you know, I had to discipline my disappointment, right, I had to show my kids that, look, you know, we lost things, we didn't lose each other. Things are replaceable. And so as a result of that, I also worked on different tools and so I built. I'm sure you're familiar to acupuncture of five thousand year old you know, healing process. There's something called energy tapping. Well, you can tap without needles in those same locations. There's three hundred scientific studies and it will wipe out fear or in trauma. And so I built an application, and uh, we've had twenty seven million people use it, and so we know one point two million people, for example, have done this nine minute tapping and reduce their grief by forty two percent, give you an example. So I'm providing a year of that for free as well. And there's a company I don't have a portion of. It's called Newcolm that I use every night that calms your nervous system so you can sleep. I use it just to calm myself down, has something to get you going in the morning. I don't so much need that one so much, but I use it every single night at six hundred dollars a year. And I've convinced them to partner with me and they're going to provide a year access no strings attached as well. And then you know I do a seminars because of COVID, I you know, five years ago I said, people are trapped.
Speaker 4: In their homes. Let me eliminate money, travel time. But so not. I'm sorry, say again, did I lose you?
Speaker 2: No word?
Speaker 6: You're still here?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm saying you know.
Speaker 5: So when COVID happened, I decided and I normally do stadiums and they all were shut down because of COVID. So I wanted to reach people in their home home. So I created this Time to Rise Summit where three days for three hours each day, kind of like going to a movie, but you can do it from your home or your office. You can do it an iPad if you've been displaced, and it's for everybody, and there's no charge for I do it once a year and if anyone wants to come to it, anyone in southern California can do the first two things. It's not for the rest of the United States because I'm paying a good sum for those, but anyone can come to that event. And if they just go to Tony Helps la dot Com, all these things they're there. So if you want to see all the organizations we've donated money to and you want someone who needs housing, you'll see the places you can go. Dream Center be my first choice. Secondly, you'll see what we're doing for food if you need food or if you want to donate food. And thirdly you'll see these tools that we've also provided that are free for anybody. So it's all available at tonyhelps La dot com or coach directly. If you want to do that directly, just to Dreamcenter dot org. We'll double your whatever you put in there for that as well.
Speaker 2: Tony.
Speaker 1: Specifically, people want to know when they, you know, chip in what they can in. Where specifically is the money going.
Speaker 2: Do we know, yes, it's.
Speaker 5: Going to deliver for housing for people. There's a little bit. There's also for some of the kids. I know dream Center is getting some computers and elements for kids who can't get back to school. But three million of it's for housing and it's directly for that. There's no charges in between. A million of it I did for food and a half million I did for the La Fire Department because their dispatch system was damaged and so now they'll have a video dispatch system that'll be able to use when anything like this happens. But also, as you well know, LA's got some big events coming up with a World Cup. You know with the Olympics of the super Bowl, and they really wouldn't be able to handle it without it, so we've donated that as well. So you can donate to any of this, or if you know anybody in need, you can go to those organizations. All the contacts are there for you to make it happen, and then anyone can download. Anyone Southern California can download these free resources. They're pretty amazing and there's something like you can do for your child if they're feeling trauma, or yourself, you're feeling frustration or fear, anger, overwhelmed. It's truly extremely effective. The event's available to anyone. Anyone can do that because I normally do that this time of year once a year anyway, and anyone could go to that if they go to Time to Rise Summit dot com Time to Rise summitt dot com and it starts actually tomorrow. It's Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, three days in a row, about three hours each. We'll have over a million one point two million people now from one hundred and ninety three countries participating in that.
Speaker 3: Number one New York Times bestselling author, life and business strategist Tony Robbins a pleasure to talk to you. Thanks for the work that you're doing, and thanks for encouraging people to get involved.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for what you're doing on Heart radio. You guys are putting the spotlight. I don't know. You're doing a big fundraiser tomorrow. I hope everybody participates.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that'll be fun too, all right.
Speaker 3: Dreamcenter dot org is where you're going to find a bunch of information, and of course Tony's information you can find all over social media.
Speaker 6: A couple of stories we're following.
Speaker 3: President Trump's Budget office has rescinded a memo that freeze is spending on federal grants less than two days after it sparked some pretty wide spread confusion and some legal challenges across the country. The White House has confirmed omb did pull the memo today in a two sentence notice to its agencies and departments, but said that the underlying executive order targeting federal spending in areas like diversity, equity and inclusion, and climate change are still in place.
Speaker 6: The Monday evening.
Speaker 3: Order from the White House Office of Management and Budget did spark some uncertainty over some of the financial lifeline that exists for states and schools and organizations that rely on a lot of money, trillions of dollars of money from Washington. So the White House was kind of scrambling to explain what would and wouldn't be subject to this pause in funding.
Speaker 1: Well, Rihanna has shown up downtown La rare court appearance at the trial of her partner, father of her children, Asap Rocky.
Speaker 2: She appeared this.
Speaker 1: Morning, sat in that criminal courthouse there next to Rocky's mother and sister. He has been standing trial on felony charges that he fired a handgun at a former friend. Rocky's attorneys had said before the trial began last week that Rihanna could appear in the audience to support him, but it was unlikely that he might be too protective of her and their family to want her present. I guess they needed the court needed to know for security purposes of how many bailiffs to have on hand something like that.
Speaker 3: This also became a question for the jurors, which was, first of all, do you know who this is pointing to the defendant Asap Rocky, And do you know who he has had made babies with? Do you know Rihanna and a lot more people knew Rihanna than they did asap Rockett Rockets, but they all said that their opinion of her or their knowledge of her probably wouldn't sway their decision one way or the other.
Speaker 1: Asap Rocky's legal name is Rakim Athelson Mayers. He could get twenty four years in prison if he's convicted of these two felonyc counts of assault with a semi automatic firearm. He kind of snubbed his nose at the plea deal decided to roll the dice in trial. He and Rihanna, they're thirty six years old. They have two sons together, a two year old and a one year old.
Speaker 3: No I was going to say their names, but they're the children, Riza, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna screw it up.
Speaker 3: So that's the two year old and then one year old little girl named riot Rose.
Speaker 6: It's a fun name.
Speaker 2: So yesterday asap Relly.
Speaker 3: Was testifying, they both so the A SAP is the crew that they came out of. They all came from the same high school. Apparently that's why there's an asap Rocky and an acep rally, And I'm sure there's other Asaps, He described, do you want me to call you Asap?
Speaker 6: Gary?
Speaker 3: Oh? He was on the verge of talking about what actually happened. They had been in a close relationship. They had been friends, but that that kind of fell apart when Asap Rocky started getting famous, and he said the relationship was strained for years. It was getting worse in the previous days, but he was still furious when Rocky allegedly pulled a gun on him after a fight that began the moment they met up at the w Hotel in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Aceprelly testified, I told him to use it because mentally I couldn't believe it, he said, as acep Rocky stared at him intently from the defense table. Aceprelly testified, I physically could not believe there was a gun in my face. That was the breaking point for me.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: He had expected to argue, but also to reconcile with Rocky, and the last thing you wanted to do was get into a fight that could ruin this management business that he had built. I'm Aceprelly telling the court he's famous. I'm nobody. This is a strange time for asp Rocky right now. He's up for a Grammy Award.
Speaker 3: Sunday night is when they're going to be handed out at Crypto, just a couple miles away from the courthouse. Also set to headline the roll in Loud Music Festival. He's going to be in a movie with Denzel Washington, directed by Spike Lee.
Speaker 6: Come up.
Speaker 3: He's going to co chair the met Gala in May. Unless that is he is in jail.
Speaker 2: So you can't pull a gun on someone.
Speaker 3: Well, you're not supposed to.
Speaker 1: Today, acep Relly testified about the moment asap Rocky allegedly fired a gun. They had been shouting angrily. He was walking away after an initial confrontation and scuffle when Rocky pulled the gun held it in the air. Aceprelli told the jury today, he turned around and then it was like boom. The whole thing was like a movie. He kind of like pointed down and shot the first shot. He said, I felt my hand hot, I was hit or I was grased. I didn't have a hole or nothing. See, you can pull a gun on someone, but you can't fire it.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 6: In other rap news?
Speaker 2: Can you can you pull a gun on someone?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just asking.
Speaker 3: Well, don't don't do that. Don't I don't have a gun. You've taken all my weapons. It's better that way for protecting you from yourself. Do you know dank demos is asap?
Speaker 2: Dank no?
Speaker 6: Dank demos no.
Speaker 3: A wrapper out of the Detroit area has filed a lawsuit against Lyft after she said that a driver hurt her feelings by denying her a ride to a Detroit Lions watch party.
Speaker 1: Kind of rough to have the last name as dumbass, right, demos whatever. Dajua Blanding is her real name. She recorded the incident.
Speaker 3: She posted it to TikTok and Instagram, and then hired an attorney to sue lift and the driver for discrimination. Do you know what her discriminating thing was?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: The driver said that the low profile tires on his car could not handle a lady of her stature. She comes in at approximately her words five and fifty four pounds.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a lot, and said it's time for some boil chicken.
Speaker 3: The driver said, yo, I don't think I can I don't think my car can handle it, and she said that's going to cost you. So he said, you're going to have to go uber XL at that point, and we haven't done this in a while.
Speaker 6: It's time for what you're watching Wednesday. The following program is brought to you in living color, but you're watching it in there. Americans love television. They win their kids.
Speaker 4: USA television much beta.
Speaker 3: You've been watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 2: So I did mention.
Speaker 1: Last night I started watching that documentary on HBO about this weird thing that goes on on YouTube of families who document their family life constantly, day after day on YouTube, raising babies, toddlers. It was it was almost weird that the husbands were super in on it too, in terms of, oh, this will get us, this is better content, this will get us. They're super into the analytics and the lighting and the this couple's really good because they know they're angles. I mean, it's just you would freak out if you watched. I only watched part one of the documentary, and I was thinking, oh my god, Gary would freak out if they.
Speaker 6: More reasons to pull away from people.
Speaker 3: I need to find some good people in these documentaries, not people that I'm angry with.
Speaker 2: I'm going to start bringing you good.
Speaker 6: People, I hope. So I certainly hope.
Speaker 3: So wife and I watched okay, so two movies over the last weekend. I mean, I had this whole list of shows that we've seen since we last did this, which was pre Christmas.
Speaker 6: I decided to narrow it down. We mentioned earlier.
Speaker 3: That that we watched a complete unknown. This is Timothy Shallomey as Bob Dylan, and it made Bob Dylan look like a giant a hole.
Speaker 1: I've heard good things about the movie, and a couple people said that they had met Bob Dylan and he was lovely.
Speaker 2: Just to pepper that.
Speaker 3: In well, among other things, he kind of took on at least the character in the movie. Again, I don't know how true to life it is, but the character in the movie, I'm the artistic guy.
Speaker 6: I'm only going to play the songs that I want.
Speaker 3: So when he shows up and starts gaining a lot of popularity, shows up to a concert and is like, I'm not gonna play dust in the Wind, I'm not gonna play whatever Bob Dylan song they wanted to stuff exactly and that, I mean, it was kind of a kind of what you would expect from that kind of a show about that kind of a guy, So it wasn't Timothy Shallomy did great. I didn't know he could play guitar, and I didn't know he could sing at least an impression of Bob Dylan. But he also did that on Saturday Night Live this last week.
Speaker 1: I think he was loved and revered for being the anti play the hits guy. You get a lot of goodwill if you're a play the hits person. Band artists, what have you. You go, you play your hits, But there's definitely a fraction of the musical world that refuses to give in to that kind of pop culture desire or request.
Speaker 3: The other thing we watched on Saturday complete change of pace was Juror Number two. This is a legal thriller directed by Clint Eastwood where JK.
Speaker 6: Simmy was in it, Zoey Deutsch's in it.
Speaker 3: Key for Sutherland actually has a part in this whole thing, which crazy thing silly?
Speaker 1: I mean, I live with somebody spoiler alert who works in the legal industry and sometimes when I braktre when sometimes when I bring him things like this, he'll just laugh through them.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I mean again, And it's it. There's nothing that stands out.
Speaker 1: So trite, and it was so set up and it was just so silly.
Speaker 6: It's just for me.
Speaker 3: It was such a palette cleanser after the Bob Dylan movie because I knew what.
Speaker 6: I was going to get through. Okay, I figured it out.
Speaker 1: I would have never picked the Bob Dylan movie for you in a million years, I.
Speaker 2: Was, you know, but I picked Flight Risk for me. So that just goes to.
Speaker 6: Show what I know.
Speaker 3: We finally finished the Agency on Showtime. Paramount Plus I Think is where you find it, and this is a CIA agent falls in love with somebody but can't tell her what he actually does, and when he does tell her what he does, she turns out to have been somebody who is targeted by another agency that now he's in this caught up in this whole international scheme. It was well done. Michael Fassbender plays the main character in it. There's a bunch of other people that you would recognize. But it was a very slow. Compared to other CIA thriller kind of things that are full of action shots. This was very slow, very very slow, but it was good. It was well done. On Tuesday, was It What's Today?
Speaker 6: Wednesday?
Speaker 3: No Monday Night, NBC it's available on Peacock now, but NBC aired Ladies and Gentlemen fifty years of SNL music. All of the history of music on Saturday Night Live, whether it was the musical guests that came to perform, or even the music that's been involved in a lot of their skits. I mean, think of d in a Box, remember when Low the Island guys started doing that with Justin Timberlake and all of the different musicals. It was absolutely well worth it. Stayed up way too late watching the whole thing. It's probably I think it's about two and a half hours, if I'm not mistaken. But it's really well done, and just even if all you did was watch the first eight minutes of it, the montage that they're able to put together of almost every single musical guest on Saturday Night Live over the course of fifty years is incredible. I mean, the idea that you can edit music together and have it make sense the way that they did.
Speaker 6: It's really great.
Speaker 3: Questlove, who does Jimmy Fallon's band on the Tonight Show was the one of the producers on the show.
Speaker 6: Very cool.
Speaker 2: John Cobalt Show is coming up next.
Speaker 6: I can't wait for that. I like listening to that on the way home.
Speaker 2: Do you I do good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah. John Cole listened to it. Well, see tomorrow stayed Rye everybody, blessings, Hey.
Speaker 4: Gary and Kut, Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 6: Keep killing it. Peek out you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.