Speaker 1: Here we are, ladies and John. Yes, it's a beautiful Friday morning, sunshining. Good people hot out there, big long weekend ahead of us. It's time for another round of the Initials Tournaments again.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Tatu'm down to it. We got that? Is it? Good paintball time?
Speaker 3: It is time?
Speaker 4: All right, let's do it before the tension in this room gets overwhelming. Good time for the twenty twenty four Initials Invitational presented by Saint Paul Federal Freddy Union.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. Again.
Speaker 4: We'll get to the jackpot in a second. It's up to seventy two to five. That's awesome. The four packets are currently in the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials vault.
Speaker 2: He's the lowest seat here, is it, Tatum?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, be Tatum. Okay, so then you're going to get to pick in a second. I forgot what the seats in a second, but hold that thought.
Speaker 4: Let's go around the room first, Tatum, you had an awesome round one. Roarer bore Allis is one of the best guests we've seen a lot of time, and do everybody's mind.
Speaker 2: Uh, you walked it off at the end.
Speaker 4: You got Parish in round one, and Paris thought he got to avoid doing a day.
Speaker 2: Look at where Parish better? You won the game like you deserve better? What happened if Tatum finds the winner circle today?
Speaker 6: Tatum is sponsored today by our great friends at Great Clips and if she wins today, you can tweet at Marni Kelner and tag at Great Clips today through the end of Sunday, and one lucky winter is gonna win one year of free haircuts at Great Clips.
Speaker 4: Mark Parrish, you were the only person in round one to get four and lose, so you secured a wild card, but then just got completely hosed on the wild card wheel spin and ended up in this bracket. But what happens if you find a way to win today?
Speaker 7: Well, I am sponsored today by my great friends at ABC American Building Contractors, and if I win today, tweet at me at Mark d.
Speaker 2: Parish and tag at ABC will help through the.
Speaker 7: End of and one lucky winner will win a one hundred dollars Visa gift card.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Thank you, ABC, good guys, good people team.
Speaker 4: In round one, do Young Park tied the all time record with nine held by AJ and sauce and now do Young Park and he broke a record by getting the last eight consecutive items. Eight in a row is the all time record. There were people asking if Doll gets the first one at eight, does that record continue? I would guess why not. That's nine straight either way, dominant performance in round one. What happens if Doe Young Park does it today?
Speaker 6: Do Young sponsor today by the good friends at radcoenradco dot com. If Do Young wins, your received tem percent off your entire order now through Monday in store or online at radco dot com when you use the promo code initials. Discount doesn't apply to topers, but it does everything else. Thank you Radcods.
Speaker 2: Let's go Raco.
Speaker 4: The number one overall seed is a month stories the all time go at the initials. He won the title in year one, got to the finals in year two. You are one win away of getting back to the finals again. Let's go AJ Chris. What happens if AJA.
Speaker 6: Sponsored today by our friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza, head on over to your local Jerry's Foods are county markets in Hudson and North Branch. You take advantage of the seven to ninety nine sale going on on all Seventh Avenue Pizza and if a j wins today, tweet at meets us one and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday one. Look you wonder's gonna get a hundred dollars to put towards restocking their freezer with Seventh Avenue Pizza before we move on. Thank you, Seventh Avenue Pizza H one eight hundred three two zero five three two six.
Speaker 3: Get yourselves ready? Why is that Corey?
Speaker 4: The jackpots coming up in a second. After I do a couple of shameless plugs. You can go to Initials game dot com if you want to buy the home version of this Versions four and five available at Initials game dot Com. But Tatum and Doe, I know you've both been to the live events, right look at you.
Speaker 2: You even had a carter day.
Speaker 8: Went yesterday to practice for the shots Elite went are you one? No?
Speaker 2: He went shouts to shouts to Brandon, Rachel, Jake, and Hunter. So you went, yes, falling nine yesterday? How'd you do that? Yesterday? We won the overall? Sorry everybody, but wait, were you a team or you playing individual?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See that's nice.
Speaker 9: I tried individually there and I gottle frustrated.
Speaker 2: There's so many teams supporting your extracurricular activity. I love it. Man.
Speaker 4: There's an initiative game live dot com for all the locations. We're up toll like eighteen right now. By the end of the year, there'll be eighteen spots and it's always growing. So uh yeah, go go do one of those live events. If those at your event, I would just leave. But if you don't see him, stick around and have fun. Initials game live dot Com for locations all right now, it's time seventy two thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Somebody might win at Christopher that's right.
Speaker 5: Fine for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials jackpots seventy hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: You're looking to buy your car, save money in your Kurk carloan, do it with Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now offering Carlon rates as low as six point two nine percent. Apply Today's Saint Paul f CU dot org slash kampean federally insured.
Speaker 3: By the NCEUA. Thank you Sat Paul Federal Crediting.
Speaker 4: Obviously by a mile now this is the record. Thirty one thousand, five hundred was the previous record for the jackpot. It's going off twice, but now we're at seventy two five. It goes up five hundred dollars every week. If the caller gets one letter in the right spot, they win two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Just still pretty sweet.
Speaker 4: But if they just say both life changing amount of money, seventy two to five, pretty cool, Tatum. We're gonna get the caller here in a second, but I have four packets that I just took out of the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials vault. As the lowest seed, you get to decide your fate and the caller's fates.
Speaker 2: Which one out of one through four do you want to play today?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 9: I pulled my friends who have texted me, just my husband, and he says three, So I'm gonna go with three.
Speaker 2: Lucky, he's going three, so I'm gonna go three.
Speaker 4: Okay, wouldn't that be cool? If you won somebody seventy two thousand, five hundreds.
Speaker 2: I might not be able to play. I might just walk out building.
Speaker 4: It would be a little distracting. And yeah, hey, champions find a way to win though.
Speaker 2: Good morning. What is your name? Where are you from?
Speaker 8: This?
Speaker 2: Travis from Kimball? Travis, what's up? Man? Nice? How are you feeling well? I don't know. We'll see how it's going into central when you guess the letters and maybe win.
Speaker 4: Seventeen thousand and five Okay, seventy two fives on the line, Travis, what letters do you believe are worth that much money?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 7: We'll C S C S.
Speaker 8: C is in.
Speaker 2: California, yep, S is in sam in school. Okay, c S. Let's got Travis? Alright, Travis is going C S.
Speaker 4: For a shot at seventy two thousand, five hundred dollars. Does Travis have at least one right for two fifty?
Speaker 2: Be alive? Come for the jackpot? No? Sorry, Travis?
Speaker 4: Alright, He did have a letter right, but in the wrong spots, almost one, he said, C S. The C is right, but it's the second letter. We're going B C, the letter B and then the letter C. No more wild cards, It's just win and advance. The winner will be in a three person final in about three weeks, next two Fridays or the other two semi finals Winter Advances. Here we go, Doe, Young, Park, Tatum, Everett, A J montsour Mark Parrish, b C number one Clue number one, the first word is often skipped. Clue number two. One of the words indicates a common range of time that this is normally used. Clue number three is consumed AJ breakfast cereal.
Speaker 2: That's right, J on the board is ex.
Speaker 4: That's why you can often skip the first word because it's kind of redundant.
Speaker 2: Because I know kids have serial all the time. To breakfast is a foreign concept to me. Amen, do a J.
Speaker 4: On the board with breakfast cereal takes a one nothing lead.
Speaker 2: Here's number two of BC.
Speaker 4: Clue number one involves an interval of time. Clue number two this is recurring. Clue number three features charges and fees O. Clue number four involves statements. Clue number five features invoices donal clue Clue number six, typically lasting one month. This is the period in which a company or business posts a sum.
Speaker 2: Ode five or three two one.
Speaker 8: Billing something that is a billiing billing cycle.
Speaker 2: Adance billing. I couldn't for the life of me can you get.
Speaker 4: Out billing period. This happens almost every year. Whoever is at the state fair, whether it's noorda or whatever. Please don't move the mouse. I need it to play this game. This happens every year. Please don't touch that.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: Here is number three of BC AJ has one. Everybody else yet to score number three of BC clue number one. One of the words comes from Spanish for colored red. Clue number two is connected to a major university, Boulder, Colorado. Boulder Colorado is correct. Don'nos is Spanish. I guess Boulder Colorado gets dough young park on the board.
Speaker 2: Well, Colorado is the red mark on mark. Yeah, yeah, you know. I'm tired. Here we go, Tatum, we got this agent. Let them get out to the stark. Coming back to the end. Dough has one.
Speaker 4: Here's number four of BC. Clue Number one is rectangular.
Speaker 2: Mark. Oh okay, basketball court, that's right, right, basket court? All right, take guess swing because those were really good. The hockey players weren't supposed to know what that is. Yea, this is shocker. I didn't I didn't think you had it. You rang in. I guarantee you. I was a little nervous.
Speaker 4: I believe your mind went to basketball. Basketball court is the right answer in parish.
Speaker 2: Oh good, guys.
Speaker 4: Mark with one, a J with one, do with one. Here's number five of BC. Clue number one has a connection to seals. Clue number two has a connection to a wolf pack. Clue number three was a maestro. Clue number four has had a famous bachelor party.
Speaker 5: A J yep, Bradley Cooper, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Is that who you're picturing? I was picturing No One. You're still think good basketball court?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we go, Tatum, not even halfway.
Speaker 7: Plenty of time, plenty of time, Tatum, plenty of time.
Speaker 2: No worries.
Speaker 4: Long way to goo, A J S two parish in dough each have one. Here's number six of BC. Clue number one, there's a connection to certain amenities. Clue number two comes with an additional cost.
Speaker 2: Mark yep, bonus coverage.
Speaker 4: Parish out for the rest of number six, down to Tatum, A J and dough. Clue number three often connected to an amount of comfort and luxury.
Speaker 2: Tatum business class.
Speaker 4: Everybody on the board with business class.
Speaker 2: There we go, There we go. I'm awake, Here we go now.
Speaker 4: Aja, you have two, everybody else has one, and we are through six. We're halfway through. Here's number seven of BC. Clue number one can be deadly. Clue number two restrict movement. Tatum go for it constrictor.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with that, guess, but that is incorrect, except that's wrong, except that it's wrong.
Speaker 4: Otherwise they both tatum out for the rest of number seven. Clue number three.
Speaker 2: These form okay.
Speaker 4: Clue number four are a mass. Clue number five.
Speaker 2: Are found inside the body and.
Speaker 4: The surface mark yep, blood clots.
Speaker 2: Let's not over yet.
Speaker 4: Parish, Parish and a J each have two do young park and each have one with five items to go.
Speaker 2: Everybody's still in this big time. Here's number eight of b C.
Speaker 4: Clue number one.
Speaker 2: This is a person.
Speaker 4: Clue number two.
Speaker 2: One of the words is a food.
Speaker 4: Clue number three can be.
Speaker 2: Found in the business or financial world.
Speaker 4: Clue number four. They are often associated with cost cutting or efficiency. Clue number five.
Speaker 2: Most commonly connected to accounting. A J bean counter that's why. Oh my lord, Wow, that's a counter.
Speaker 7: Wow, All right, all right, let's Goodwe AJ takes a lot with three Let's go.
Speaker 4: He has two do tatum with one each four to go. Everybody in mathemat Here's number nine of BC. Clue number one, most commonly but not exclusively connected to men. Clue number two, it's considered extremely low maintenance. Clue number three.
Speaker 2: Often considered clean, sharp, and minimalistic.
Speaker 4: Clue number four buzz cut.
Speaker 2: That's the hell did you figure that out? A little stupid after the last there? Tatum? All right, you didn't feel good?
Speaker 4: Three people, good guys. The good news is no one's blown out of this. Everybody is still in this with three to go. Aj has three, Doey Young, Park and Mark Parrish one back with two apiece Hatum, you have one still in this three to go. Everybody mathematically absolutely alive. Here's number ten of BC. Clue number one.
Speaker 2: Consistently performs at a high level.
Speaker 4: Clue number two leads the way. Clue number three is the one that sets the standard. Clue number four.
Speaker 2: One of the words is an animal.
Speaker 4: Clue number five. The first word was placed around the neck to create a sound used for locating the animal.
Speaker 2: Final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 4: This is the dominant or prized figure within an organization.
Speaker 2: Group or herd.
Speaker 4: Five or three two Tatum, big cat, everybody else five or three two one four So.
Speaker 2: Far bell cow bell cow. This is a to what in the heck is this is not hitting me, it's the lead cow.
Speaker 4: Or if you have a product that just is killing it for your business, then you know you might have fifteen products, but your bell cow is like the main prized one that kicks ass.
Speaker 2: Never heard that term in my life. I've heard. Well, maybe you weren't the bell cow, Parish. Obviously not all right. The good news is Tatum, though you are still mathematically in this. Oh good, here we go, Here we go, let's go, good guys to people. Let's go Tatum.
Speaker 4: A jing or two to go though, and you have a one point lead. So AJ's in the spot where if you get either of the remaining two you are the winner. Parish. Your one back Dough is one back Tatum. You need both of these. But you're not done yet, AJ going for the win.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Here's number eleven of BC. Clue number one the two words rhyme. Clue number two often connected to corporate gathering. Clue number three can include a band, DJ, maybe games, contests or more. Clue number four these feature a captain. Clue number five can involve lakes, rivers or oceans. A J four the win booze cruise right in your Wheelhouse. The goat got it done.
Speaker 2: I got basketball and miss Booze. No one before this game would have put money on that booze.
Speaker 4: J well done. All right, Just for fun, here's number twelve. It's hammer this went out and see if anybody can just rack up some stats. Here's number twelve of BC. Number one often connected to the past. Clue number two involves records. Clue number three.
Speaker 2: These are performed.
Speaker 4: Clue number four. This is an investigation of sorts. Ye background check.
Speaker 2: That's right. Oh, don't get three.
Speaker 4: But AJ with four advances to his third consecutive final, thank you one title one finals appearance and now his third consecutive trip to the finals, AJ is the winner.
Speaker 2: Chris, what happens now that A J. Montsur has won today?
Speaker 6: AJ was sponsored by our friends at Seventh Aveny pizzas a head on over taking the take to you, I should say to your local Jerry's Foods or Caddy Markets and Hudson and North Branch take advantage of the seven ninety nine, So going on in all seventh of new Pizza.
Speaker 2: If A J.
Speaker 6: Winn and he just did tweet, AD meets us one tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday and one lucky won. Who's going to win one hundred dollars to put towards restocking their freezer Seventh Avenue pizza freezer.
Speaker 2: For sure. That's it, right, sir, that's it.
Speaker 3: One hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: So there you go. Well done, age, Thank you God.
Speaker 5: I feel good. I was a little nervous. You know, this is a tough, tough crew. It worked out well. I forgot to do this the first time around, but I wanted to the first. After the first match it was a little more tinily, but it's still timely continued run the last win, this win the next game. I just want to dedicate this to a friend and a fan of The Power Trip, Jason Wood, who was lost way too soon earlier in July, and a lot of people still feeling that one. So this goes out to his family, to him in the memory that he and the legacy that he left behind. So don't mean to bring it down because it was it's a good legacy. But at the same time, I forgot to do it last time and I wanted to make sure to do the same.
Speaker 2: So well done, very well done, Well done. Another one wow Wow, don't yeh TV last night like crazy too with the football game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're a handful that I thought we're going to come up at Boston College, Columbia Business Card.
Speaker 5: That's the point where we're at that point in the game where Corey mentioned off everything we were talking. He's got like ninety five for each of these these letter combinations, and we've done enough that it probably was last time.
Speaker 2: Boston College, Boston Cream.
Speaker 4: Boston Commons. Let's go around the room. Though quickly Paris, you admitted you have never heard the phrase bell cow. No, you're checking yourselves a little bit because that's the one I.
Speaker 8: Was stuck on batting champion for that one, like consistent leading the way, Okay, I was going to be like one.
Speaker 9: I was like, whatever was wrong, don't swing instructor.
Speaker 2: Look, I was a yeah, that was a really good guess. Chris, you would have kicked some masks in this list.
Speaker 3: I had four at one point. Yeah, I was. But there's no pressure when you're not playing, so there was no pressure on.
Speaker 2: Definitely facts. Wow, I'm just happy to be here a.
Speaker 4: J into the finals, either Justin Guard, Tom Pelo, Sero, Tyler, George or Zach Halberson will be in the finals. That's two weeks from today. Somebody has to win next week. By definition, one of them has to win. Uh, that's gonna be what Matt Minster, Tommy Yolsen, Mike Grim and did I say, Laura Lambert, Mike Grim, Tommy, I.
Speaker 3: Really don't know?
Speaker 7: And aj the you know it happened again where instantly in my head as soon as you rang and I went, oh, damn it, it's breakfast cereal and he's going to get it right, and you did. I love cereal every time I get it right after your Sorry, well not all of them.
Speaker 2: So what I did.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to when you picked pack at three? Is this lost now on your husband because he told you to pick up someone else to blame.
Speaker 2: It's his fault. No, he's the reason that jackpot didn't go off.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he should feel he should feel bad right now. No, I know, those were really good clues. I was actually surprised we went that long and some of the clues and still didn't get things like there were a lot of clues named and we were all stumped.
Speaker 2: So those were really really well done.
Speaker 7: Spinning as soon as he says corporate I'm waiting.
Speaker 2: Till like fifthlue. Regardless, I still don't know how you got basketball court. I mean, it's amazingly rectangular, but that'sh and your only thing that popped into my head that was.
Speaker 5: Rectang you're confident enough to go was that after clue one.
Speaker 7: You know, you know, after you get away with like white rice and a couple of comments like that, you know it's swinging for the fences that feel so bad.
Speaker 4: No, aj, you got you got the winner on Booze Cruise, which is infamous around here because obviously iHeart has like giant yacht parties and we just, yeah, we go crazy internationally pretty much whenever we.
Speaker 2: Want, right, the biggest names in the world will.
Speaker 4: Perform on the yacht and then we sent like a thousand listeners a day to go to it.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool, a little vantage. I've been on one or two in my life.
Speaker 3: I've actually been on Mintkah.
Speaker 2: Kings Involve even realized what she just your way after that here, that's just.
Speaker 8: Cool.
Speaker 2: Cool what you think about that?
Speaker 4: That really ruined it for other Vikings teams to have Booze cruises because now they just can't do it because you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't go down that path, but they're fun.
Speaker 5: Can't.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: The twins could use a booze cruise right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their own heads.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: That used to be the trick in the.
Speaker 3: Mark I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Tatum forgot about the bigs, both the love Burn and Mark forgot about a surprise.
Speaker 2: Whoops. So you said Buckston is close to coming back. I feel like he's getting close.
Speaker 4: Who else is like not even remotely close? Like Joe Ryan's done, done's.
Speaker 2: Done done, Proxy, It's done done. Christatics not back regular season.
Speaker 4: Okay, so so the cavalry is not coming necessarily at some point soonersh.
Speaker 8: I mean there's cavalry coming, but like there's also been cavalry lost along the way.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Joe Ryan was a big one.
Speaker 4: Bailey Over has been a gigantic surprise this year though, right.
Speaker 2: Outside of a couple of bad starts, he's been awesome.
Speaker 8: The consistency not a surprise, but the like higher upper level, like true ace level outings.
Speaker 2: That's been a very pleasant surprise. I think for them. Let's go what's the kid's name?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: Is that be something or other? Mathew? Is he legit or not? Down the road, I mean already.
Speaker 8: The thing is they used to when they got to this point an injuries, they used to be calling up just kind of like journeyman guys. But they've the the just kind of the back the back filling, the restocking of the farm system. The player dev has gotten to a point where everybody they're calling up now as a dude at least like they're all like young guys who are good and will be good in the future. So at least you're actually calling up guys who are going to be good in the future, as opposed to just kind of you need.
Speaker 2: A body to fill, which is what they've been both paste.
Speaker 6: This is an odd question, probably, but just because we know him a little bit, we love the saint so much. Is Guardy's young son? Is he somebody on the fast track to the majors at some point as far as you know, have you heard about that?
Speaker 8: It's kind of tricky because the major league managerial pipeline, or just like what constitutes a major league manager and how you get there has changed so much over the years. Where it used to be like you get a managerial job somewhere else, you work your way up, But now like the hires are kind of all like the Rocko types, where they like are young like like recently former players Steven Vote in Cleveland is another one of them, who can relate to players, who can process the analytics, who can talk to both front office and just manage the personalities in the clubhouse. That's really where it feels like a lot of these hires are drifting. Yeah, thanks tough for all of those kind of managerial guys in other spaces.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is Parish missed his window to coach at the NHL level as well, because.
Speaker 2: Now he's too old long time ago. What are you forty seven?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're over, way too over. Yeah, I'm almost dead. Any more of those wild card spots for me?
Speaker 4: Maybe next year though all of you, of course have qualified for next year.
Speaker 2: Congratulations sta.
Speaker 7: Aja, great job. The goat continues that a boy goat to be a man.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Yeah, yeah, great job.
Speaker 4: Thanks to Marty Gellner, Thanks to is Zach Elverson, Mark Parrish, A J. Monster, Doe Young, Park, Tatum, Everett. We will see you Tuesday, right with some changes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some changes being made, guys.
Speaker 2: Changes on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Is that like ominous enough or not to just say changes Tuesday sounded pretty ominous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I wonder where that is gonna be, Uh, Tuesday, See you Tuesday. I am waiting for.
Speaker 3: Days you too, have a love here. Have a great weekend, everybody,