Speaker 1: We also have to fear not getting delicious local barbecue. And we have an awesome, awesome barbecue joint that sponsors this segment. It's called her Tito Barbecue. Locations in Hurst, Mansfield, Fort Worth.
Speaker 2: To look, is that right? Is it?
Speaker 1: It's Mansfield fort Where it's Arlington Arlington.
Speaker 2: I just put one in Hurst. Sorry about that. I just put one in Hurst.
Speaker 1: There's one in Dallas though, now, yes, at the Farmers Market.
Speaker 2: Two at Globe bally Field.
Speaker 1: And I'm a little rattled because we love talking about Brandon Hurtado and her Tato's amazing barbecue. It's a big, big deal to us. You know, They've got a ton of media publicity with their you know, two locations at Globe black Field, and Brandon's become a good friend of ours.
Speaker 2: And I'm nervous because he's joining us now. Brandon Hurtado is on the benin schedule. Brandon, did I just freak you out? Think you needed to hurry up and get a Hurst location going?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: You know, I started having PTSD for a minute there. I was like, oh, I'm not listening because.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, So so let's get it straight from you.
Speaker 1: Where are all of the Hurtado Barbecue locations in town.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the original location is in downtown Arlington. That is our staple. It's been open since twenty twenty. We also have a location in Fort Worth over off Rosedale and Eighth Street. We have a location in Mansfield now over off of Broad and Walnut Creek. And then our newest location, which I'm super excited about. It's literally the size of our other three locations combined, is at nine hundred South Hardwood in the middle of downtown Dallas, right outside the Farmers Market. It is gorgeous.
Speaker 1: This is I think I know exactly the spot that I think I know the restaurant that it used to be before you guys took it over. So you guys are just basically right across that little street from the farmers Market.
Speaker 2: Correct, yes, sir, okay, And.
Speaker 1: It's right there on the corner. And you're right. That is a big, bad Mammagama. And so you guys are officially opening February twenty second with your big opening, but you're open now for lunch and weekends, right.
Speaker 2: People could come by right now.
Speaker 4: Right, So our grand opening, where we're going to have set hours, will be open daily from eleven to nine pm. We're going to do that in late February. However, we are open right now seven days a week. We're greasing the wheels, trying to get all of our staff trained.
Speaker 2: Ups.
Speaker 4: You can come right now from eleven to five pm, seven days a week and get her todd to barbecue in downtime Dallas and Brandon.
Speaker 1: How would you describe her, toado? Like, how do you describe the type of barbecue you have? If somebody's like, kind of interesting, I've never heard of this place? What are you guys?
Speaker 4: So we call it Mexecue. It's basically Central Texas barbecue with a text Mex twist. We use post oak wood, we use old fashioned smokers like they do in Austin and Lockhart, and a lot of elbow grease, a lot of hard work, and we combine that with some flavors that I grew up with being from a Hispanic household. We do have some really cool things in Dallas. We've got a couple sides that are not on the menu at other locations, and then we also have some features on the weekend where we're doing like these bougie barbecue composed dishes like quill and grits, and we've got steak features that you can get. It really really is a special place.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to ask you. I was gonna ask you something else, but then you just piau my interest there? What can you give us a hint on what these special sides are at the Farmer's Market location.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so. At ore the locations, we have tater talk Castrole. That's kind of our potato cheesy dish. At the Farmer's Market, we have a cheesy Jlopino potatoes. It's kind of like potatoes are grotten, but it's got roasted halopinos in it. It's got housemade potato chips on top for a little bit of crunch.
Speaker 2: That is awesome.
Speaker 4: We also have a couple other staples. We have our Hatch chili mac and cheese. We have our brisket of Lote. We've also got Coleslaw creamy red Coleslaw. There you can't go wrong with just some really really awesome stuff going on in downtown Dallas.
Speaker 1: We're talking to the great Brandon Hurtato, he owns Hertato Barbecue. We just talked about all the locations. There is another fun fact about you guys like I love the show Yellowstone. Obviously I learned about four Six's Ranch through that show. What can you tell us about your special ties to that show?
Speaker 4: So we are the biggest consumer of four to six's beef that I know of in the world. All of our beef comes from the legendary four Six's Ranch in Guthrie, Texas. Last year we went through about eight hundred thousand pounds of brisket alone. There location a lot of beef, a lot of beef. So we have this awesome relationship with Taylor Sheridan, who most people know from Yellowstones Sons of Anarchy, And we also run his kitchen at his ranch out in Weatherford when they do horse cutting events. I'll actually be there next week and we sell her Toddle Barbecue out of a satellite location there to all the cowboys that are there competing in his horse cutting shows.
Speaker 1: Wow, can you get kat On land Man or one of those other shows?
Speaker 4: We could probably do an extra I think we could probably figure something out.
Speaker 2: He actually wants a speaking role. Is that gonna be harder to get? I'll put in a good word.
Speaker 1: Wow, Uh, Brandon, we love you because you're one of us. And uh, you're way more talented than us, have more skills than us. But you're one of us, and you chase a dream and you're making it happen, and the whole Metroplex Dallas Fort Worth is behind you one hundred percent. Congratulations on all the success of hur Tato Barbecue. Congrats on the new location, and and man, we look forward to getting some of that barbecue soon.
Speaker 4: Hi, thank you, guys. I appreciate it. If you all come out there and visit us in Dallas, you probably send me washing dishes or wiping down tables. So come visit us soon.
Speaker 1: I might see you Saturday, dude, I might get my ass down to the farmers market.
Speaker 4: Let's go go, all right, guys, I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: Thanks Brandon tick care all right bye. Here he goes the great Brandon Hurtado of hur Tito Barbecue. Man, go get you some of that. But right now it's time for some of this.
Speaker 2: Listeners. Here comes Kat fun Tweets. We're the round.
Speaker 1: Now, let's go around the sports.
Speaker 2: K Tuck Tweets has all the sports.
Speaker 5: I had a speaking role on Land Man. I would call Billy Bob Billy Bob rather than Tommy. His character name on the show.
Speaker 2: Call him Tommy Bob. Tommy Bob. That's a good one. Great Tommy Bob.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, y'all see Tommy Bob and hey, my name is Tommy Bob Landman. You know I bought Male Camino from Tommy Bob and them. Tommy Bob land Man.
Speaker 5: You can see a lot of Deans these days either, but one Dean is Dean Blandino, the former NFL head of officiating, I believe are you asking?
Speaker 2: I think VP or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know he was in the mix now if you don't know who he is, he's the guy who ruled by looking at the rule book that Dez did not catch it in the twenty fourteen NFL Divisional playoff game, and so he has to make the rule and then everyone in Dallas hates him. Ben writes a song about him, then bumps into him at the Bowl two weeks later. Weird because Ben had to see the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: That was that was crazy when Ben was a big gay pop star at that time. Yeah, and he wrote that beautiful song with his soaring voice. It was the gayest I'd ever been at that moment. The song is a heater though it is a hitter.
Speaker 5: So people saw it, and fans of our show were sending this to Dean, So Dean saw it.
Speaker 2: We meet Dean. He's the nicest guy in the world. Incredible. It sucks. This guy is too nice, sugar, and he's funny. So, you know, I hadn't talked to Dean in a while.
Speaker 5: I figure, you know, he probably jumps on our ear waves once a year or so, it seems like. Uh, and then I see a headline with him involved in it last night and I couldn't help but click it. So you got these couple.
Speaker 2: Uh New York guys interviewing him.
Speaker 5: But uh, it's about the Chiefs. There's a big controversy about the Chiefs getting a lot of calls and you know what they are, like, the stats show that they are. You had a first down the other day that should have been called a first down but wasn't. But we haven't micro chipped the balls yet. But you got a real go out on a limb. If you think that the league is rigged, and I'll tell you why, it's because the Dallas Cowboys would be in the playoffs every single year if the league was rigged. Okay, because that's what's best for ratings. The Cowboys and the Giants both sucked this year. Had the highest rated regular season game of the year, Thanksgiving. Like, if you think it's rigged, you're an idiot, because the Cowboys would be in the playoffs. Yeah, Christina, So Dane tells these radio guys this. I know it's crazy, but what do you say to that when everyone goes, well, how come they get all the calls?
Speaker 2: The Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs have gotten the benefit of calls, right, But good teams make their own breaks, right. You think about the Patriots. My brother who is convinced that the league is rigged, that is convinced that I signed an NDA. I signed an NDA when I left the league office. That I cannot tell anybody that it's rigged because I was head of officiating. We grew up in the same household. By the way, Wow, I said, listen, there's no conspiracy the officials. There's too many variables. There's too much going on. They're a good team and they make their own breaks. Yes, have they gotten the benefit of calls? Sure? I just think right now, the narrative is so is so out there that anytime any close call goes for the Chiefs, it's it's all here we go again, Here we go again. And I'm sure Super Bowl Sunday, you know we're gonna hear it for the next two weeks.
Speaker 2: This is blowing my mind.
Speaker 1: I would think if you have somebody in your family that you've seen work as an official, and that'd be the furthest person that would assume the game is rigged.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't know my brother. I mean this who we're dealing with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the league is rigged.
Speaker 3: The league is rigged, and that I can't say anything about it. And my brothers like they want Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl. I'm like, one hundred and fifty million people are gonna watch the Super Bowl regardless of Taylor Swift being there. Like enough stop.
Speaker 5: So I texted Dan this morning and I was like, does your brother Vick conspiracy gat He's like yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, next of you in Dallas, bring him to the JFK Mews in Well get.
Speaker 1: Dean sounds like I never thought this until now, but he sounds like a slightly more evened out Bill Burr.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, he looks like and I realized that he looks like Joel McHale a little bit crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I don't think there's a conspiracy. I can't tell you why they're continuing to get calls. I do think there is energy that happens in these situations. Like I think, here's what I mean. I think when Cuban was down on the baseline yelling at officials, I think that created negative energy for the Mavericks. I don't think the league was twisting their mustache saying all right, how can we make him pay and let's have a meeting and now we're going to stick it to Cuban. But that energy exists, and if it's a fifty to fifty thing, maybe the human nature was to make it go against Cuban.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's why they say teams.
Speaker 1: Have home field advantage or homeboard advantage, because on a fifty to fifty call, the energy that's of the crowd might push them the other way.
Speaker 2: There's things like that as well.
Speaker 1: So with regard to Dwayne Wade in the two thousand and six NBA Finals, I don't think there was a conspira, but it sure did seem like they were trying really hard to get him to the free throw line, and he was the future star of the league. That's the one I'm not just not positive about. NBA is a little different, right, NBA is a little different. Not obviously, donnahe made it even worse. But I will say that, you know the reason rookie don't Rookies don't get calls because the referees are unfamiliar with their game. And so you don't think these referees that are out there on the field know how great Pat Mahomes is or know how great Saquon Barkley is or Tom you know what I'm saying. Great players get calls because they've quote, you know, the idea of you earn it. Well, it's supposed to be completely, uh, you know, fair and unbiased. Nobody lives an unbiased life. And what I mean by that is like referees are not impervious to someone else's excellence to where they can just wash.
Speaker 2: It out of their brain.
Speaker 1: They're gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the person that's done at a bunch and is great. And so I think, to Ben's point, a lot of things kind of just start happing happening based on history, and they kind of Snowball. I don't think the rest are going well, we've got to give Pat Mahomes team every call.
Speaker 2: They're just like, man, Pat Mahomes, what a beast? Right?
Speaker 1: And I also think if there was a conspiracy relative to that game, it would be to to probably get somebody else in the super Bowl, right, because because it's the same thing every year with these guys, and.
Speaker 2: We're starting to see a little Chiefs fatigue. Now there's fatigue, but is it? Is it because Taylor Swift is It's all part of it. It's all of it.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, like, is that would that be the reason they would if there was a conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's get Swifties to the super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Could be or if you really want to get in on conspiracy world, they put Kelsey and Taylor together because they knew the Chiefs were going to be so great and it.
Speaker 2: Just added to it. Oh my god, that you like that.
Speaker 1: I was having Kelsey fatigue before Taylor Swift entered the future. Yeah you were, and so like, I get it, but man, there is I go to these things where like when teams get older and players get older and.
Speaker 2: They still get it done.
Speaker 1: It amazes me like I appreciated Michael Jordan way more after his prime.
Speaker 2: I'm pulling hard for the Chiefs, Yeah, are you? Oh yeah? I hate Philly.
Speaker 1: I hate Philly. All right, There you have it that is around the sports