Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, come on many good for it, dude.
Speaker 1: It's Friday.
Speaker 3: Day, it is, and so that means it's hanging out with us as we get you ready for the weekend preview. I've got to figure out a way, and I don't know how to do it yet. Still learning how to get all of the stuff squared away when it comes to all of the fancy levels and audio and things like that. I've got to figure out a way other than boosting the everleven blank out of a drop, how I can still have my headphones on, boost the level up to about one hundred and ninety percent, still play everything and not blow my ears up. Work in progress, Hi, it's a freestyle Friday, John hear you Their stack show and first half hour will kind of take you through what happened late last night. We'll get you through the morning promos as well. Nine thirty, Michael Parkers is going to join us from our friends at Beyond Goals. Menering I and Greg Garz have been very, very busy. They've been in demand for obvious reasons. So we'll have Barkey joining us. At nine point thirty. Bradley Wright Phillips from Apple TV is going to be joining us at ten o'clock. And here's everything that BWP does these days. An list on MLS count down in MLS three sixty and MLS wrap up on MLS Season Pass, so literally analyst on gazillion different programs. So bwp's going to join us at ten o'clock. We'll break down the quarter pole here in Major League Soccer. Obviously, we'll talk about what he thinks about at Lanty United so far, we'll go through the good, the bad, and the ugly. I imagine that he will be mentioning a program up the road in Charlotte is a part of his old GBU. And then after BWP exits at ten twenty, then we'll get you into the weekend whip around patent pending trademark comming Center hopefully rather than later, and we'll get you in for the rest of the matchups this weekend. So that's the show. Get you through last night, kind of get you set up for the morning. Michael Parkers at nine thirty, BWP at ten weekend preview with it Lanty United, the Purple Team and everybody else coming up after that for the remainder of that for this show at noon, Soccer's in Session presented by our friends at Kaiser Permanente. It is day five, Day four, Day five, Day four of Round one of the GHSA Playoffs. We're gonna be joined by Mike Pettitt, the boys and girls coach at Callaway, and we're also going to be joined by Chris Romano in a taped piece as they get ready for their matchup tonight as well. Then we'll get you through your brackets, get you through your stuff. We'll walk you through everything and set up the matchups for today in addition to kind of looking at it next week and where we might be for Round two starting on Tuesday. And so that's where we are today, no different than any other Friday where we're flying around and just you know, raising all kinds of you know what. All right, So last night, how many of you show a hands stay up plate? I tried, I admit it. Last night. It was a matchup on the girls side, Team fifteen and Team eighteen and TRIPAA that we had on the network over on the Mixler app on our Mixler channel, Johnson Gainesville and a Cony County at Coney County. With a four hiel win, you can go back and listen to that match, and any of the matches that we've done this season, you can go back and listen to it the archive. And it was a match that started about an hour and a half late because of mother nature. And so the last time I was at Warriors Stadium for a championship game in high school football for a Coney County and they ended up getting to win. And the running back at the time for a Cony County that was raising all kinds of you know what was Tyson Browning. Larry Munson Jeff Nnoe called that match and I guess this is opening Kickoff brought to his buyer friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Cooffeeco dot com. So you So last night, for the first time in a very very long time, I was at Warriors Stadium. Monson a van note called the game first on Georgia Public Broadcasting back in nineteen ninety nine, and then Larry Munson got to talk about that little Browning kid for an extra couple of years as he would go up up out Georgia fifty three into Athens and he would go play. But the last time I think I was in that building was for that championship game, and it was fun to be back there last night once again, thanks to everybody out of Coney County and with Johnson Gainesville for all the info in the intel to have us do the job that we could with the broadcast. And like I said, we kind of know where we're going early part of next week, and when we really really know, we'll let you know where we're really really going. But it was fun to be up there last night. Games started late, so naturally in the coming down of the emotions, I watched a little bit of what happened late last night at BC placed in front of a crowd of north of fifty thousand, and I don't think that it went the way that TAMESSI and friends thought it was going to go at all. It was a rough night. It was a chippy night. It was a physical night. We'll go over the stats coming up in just a bit. Morning, David, Morning, Sharif. So here's what happened, and it was all Vancouver. How many of you in your hands had Vancouver sitting there going yeah, I think they'll take care of business at home. I know I didn't. So once again, let's roll through your highlights early on. It was a goal for Vancouver and Mama, here goes that man again Brian White, courtesy of our friends at Conkor Calf and FS one kens the middle, it comes touched to the edge of the area. Been good womans vancouverer. I don't know, like Caps two little chances and decent.
Speaker 4: Ones, but they play the little ones who hit and he gets off the back.
Speaker 5: Then all mex fall con You're what?
Speaker 3: And so that made it one meal and like I said, we'll get into the stats coming up in just a little bit. Second half got even more shippy amplified if that's a hyphenated word that we just created. I mean, you had folks that were getting cards, and you had folks that you thought might have been sent off or should have been sent off. But it was a moment for Sebastian Burholter, who ended up as man of the match according to Conky Calf their own selves. And this was a chance late coming in transition once again, as Messi and friends are chasing after the equalizer and try to get that road goal before they go back home to the Erector set next week, Vancouver in transition gets goal number two once again. Courtesy of our friends of concacaff and FS one.
Speaker 4: One touch of the outside. It's Nelson into the metal. It's behind White and arriving at roughing it under the net. Taycar, It's Purr Walter. It's two the Caps in command.
Speaker 3: I'm into Miami in big, big trouble.
Speaker 5: Pull one back.
Speaker 3: He's a good run as well on that right hand side. Initially it was sabby.
Speaker 4: Then you can see that Jada Nelson gets into visors and ball to this mate.
Speaker 3: The runs from midfield, and you can see.
Speaker 2: Bron White nearly on his knees celebrating that he was at the Nippos. Couldn't get it a.
Speaker 3: Fall post not be your final two nail for the late game, And like I said, it got really chippy and you were wondering what was going to be let go when it came to whistles and such, and you were wondering what was going to We'll see, So wouldn't you know? Inner Miami's the second most searched team on SOFA score. Who knew? All right? So let's take a peek of the numbers, and for statistical comparison and analysis, we'll go through all of the all the stats here once again, Messi and Friends had sixty nine percent of possession. Nice didn't matter. You know, when you gotta lead, you're gonna sit and you're gonna just kind of launch it, and it's right, it's on you. Two big chances, No big chances registered for Messi and Friends late last night. Total shots nine apiece taka Oka with two saves on the night, no big chances two saves for taca Oka. Oscar Story had three nine corners for Messi and Friends last night, compared to three for Vancouver. Eighteen fouls called, eleven of them on Vancouver, seven fouls considering the chippy nature of the match. Seven fouls called on inner Miami passes more than double to one another, but no real surprise, seven fouls, twenty tackles, sixteen tackles for Vancouver, two yellow cards for two yellow cards from Messi and Friends in three for Vancouver, and I think one of them was for a dust up. So eleven fouls, three yellows, seven cards, two yellows. Total shots once again nine to nine shots on target five to two for Vancouver and four off target, two off target four of the home side. Two blocks for two block shots for Vancouver three for inner Miami shots inside the box. Six of the ten went to Vancouver, which meant that it was obviously five and three on the flip. Big Chances scored once again to Neil touch inside the eighteen twenty four to thirteen in favor of Miami, fouled in the final third four times. Messi and friends, nothing of it. One off side on the night, one off side on the night. That's just wild.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: You look at all of those numbers, then your lineups and keep an eye on this once again. Set your fantasy sets, your fantasy sets, your fantasy. It was taka Oka in net, Ocampo, Blackman, Vesselinovitch and Johnson, midfield of Berhalter, Kubas and Vite. You heard Nico Moreno talk about Pedro Vita yesterday. Rios, Daniel Rios, sighting, Brian White and Aliakhmed going up against the four four two on paper Ustarian, net Jordi, Albanoa, Allen, Maxi, Falcone and Cello Wagan midfield of Allende, Rodondo, Busquetz and Segovia. And your two in the midfield, Messi, You're two up top, Messi and Suarez so Cello Wagan registered a seven point five. That was the highest ranking of any player they are in in Vancouver for the visitors, Falcone and Allen at seven threes, Messias seven to three, Segovias seven to one, Suarez Busquets seven to zero. Everybody else below a seven on the night substitutions for Jabyirmasharana only two. Janick Bright came in to give Redondo a bit of a break for twenty minutes, and Benja Benamin Kramowski came in for sixteen to take over for Segovias, so to nil. Right now, that's how it is. Brian White in the twenty fourth, Burhalter in the eighty fifth, and it's going to be a tall order heading back to the Erector set. But we know about heading back to that particular building and what it means and make you've got to make sure that the building doesn't tilt. And I think that Vancouver, if there's anybody that's the run that Vancouver has been on in both hemispheric competition and in Major League Soccer this year, they don't. They're not going to get intimidated by the actions of more than twenty thousand at the Erector set next time out. So two nail lead both goals at home and they're gonna take They got to shut out at home, and they get to go back to Fort Lauderdale and register and see if they can get into the finals against the winner of the Lega MX semi and the winner of the Major League Soccer Semi. So we'll see what happens in CONCACAF Champions League. Brought to us by all of our friends at CONCA CAF. So that's that's the rundown from late last night, and that's opening Kickoff brought to us buyer friends at Kickoff Coffee. Did not have that on the Bingo card. There's your QR code for those of you who are watching. However, you are watching us this morning, and when you get that QR code, you go to Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. You start your day there, and when you check out after you bought the store, don't forget to use the code soccer down here fifteen. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested in the youth games youth initiatives. Brought to his buyer friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot all right, get you through the promos here. Once again, Marshall Island Soccer Federation trying to get the Outrigger Cup squared away, and they're getting closer, getting closer and getting closer. Twenty two days to go, just over three weeks. Sorry about that. Now they're north to nineteen thousand dollars, so seven thousand left and I think the percentage is they're seventy two percent in on their number, and so you're looking at nineteen thousand of twenty six five, twenty two days to go for the Marshall Island Soccer Federation to get the funds needed so they can have the Outrigger Challenge Cup at John Brown University in Northwest Arkansas in mid August. Once again, if this is something that you are so inclined to help out in in the Kickstarter campaign, it'll be good to see if this is going to come to fruition. Once again, this is all or nothing. So if they don't make the twenty six five seventy three, which is a rounded number, I think it's thirty thousand pounds, if they don't get it, then it's not going to happen. So all the money gets refunded if the kickstarted doesn't go, but we don't want that to happen. Twenty two days to go. Seventy three backers so far nineteen thousand and four dollars on a run of twenty six five seventy three is what they're looking for, So twenty eight percent left in twenty two days, so we'll see what happens there. But if you're gonna buy the gear for the our friends at the Marshall Island Soccer Federation, everything comes from England, including the jerseys from our friends at Player Layer, and they've got the three new jerseys for the local teams in the Marshall Islands chain that you can pick up as well. Man, they're gonna put me in the poorhouse. But if you order the scarf that you see Maddy Cruz modeling on their website, you get that from the other side of this door. The other side of this door gets the scarf. Everything else comes from England when it comes to the Marshall Islands. Go to Olivi and York and get the first ever jersey that we have modeled by our friend Greg Garza and also by Sophia Coupertino and by Maddy Cruse. You get to see the modeling pictures, you know, Blue Steel from Greg Garza where he's off to the side, but Olivi and York and you can check with Alex and Abbey as to the personalization if you want brought to his buy our friends at Kaiser Permanente Beyond Goals Ventering on one sleeve, Soccer for Good on the other sleeve. You can do it in either white letters and numerals or the Carolina blue, Columbia blue, light blue, whatever you want, a sky blue, whatever you want to call it. Choices yours. Consult with them when it comes to sizing, and consult with them when it comes to personalization and what shades you want, and take their advice wholeheartedly. Like I said, I'm not a big personalization guy. I just like the jersey as it is, and so check with them about sizing and personalization. But it helps out our Soccer for Good campaign in twenty twenty five. Also helping out our Soccer for Good campaign in twenty twenty five is our friends the Grady Baby and Grady Baby co. You can get the Soccer's just Soccer is Better in Atlanta sweatshirt and t shirt. You can get it in red or black. The Boss cannot wear anything red in this house, so she has commandeered the black sweatshirt golden Boss lettering on the front. You have the SDH logo on one cuff the Grady Baby logo on the other cuff. Really comfortable sweatshirt. You know me, I'm a big sweatshirt guy. I need more soccer sweatshirts just in general. And it is interesting to see just you know, the artistry of folks these days. But it's very very cool from our friends at Gradybaby. And when you invest there, you help out middle school soccer programs attached to the Atlanta Public school system. So Grady Baby, Cot, Gratty Baby, Grady Baby Coat middle school soccer programs aps here in twenty twenty five, Olivi and York Soccer for Good Beyond Goals Entering Kaiser Permanente and once again that's our Soccer for Good campaigns in twenty five. You can also join our Fanati COO's membership program and what you can do there is for ten bucks a year, you go to group dot chant dot fan group let me see if I can do it, Group dot chant dot Fan slash soccer down here slash joint. Did I do it? I might have, but it might be a things separate noe, but it's not two ends. Good Lord John can't type, of course, I can't really see the whole thing when I'm sitting or typing a message anyway. Group dot chant dot fan slash soccer down here, slash join group dot chant dot fan slash soccer down here, slash join. Ten dollars a year, What do you do for ten bucks? Rhetorical question? But you can help out our Soccer for Good campaign here in twenty twenty five, and you can do some really cool work and you get some great discounts at a lot of breweries, couple of restaurants, the Moxie Hotel. If you're a finati Co you get a discount O'Sullivan's in Decatur on gear and on food and on drinks. And also if you want to go to Chateau or an All in Costa Rica and hang out there, you get a discount if you with a code. If you are part of the Finati COO's program once again, a part of our Soccer for Good campaign, and you can help out there as well. When it comes to all that we're trying to do to help grow the game here in twenty twenty five. So group dot chant dot fan typed incorrectly slash soccer down here, slash join by yours truly, and you can be a finati co here in twenty twenty five with everything that we're doing here at SDH. And so that's the the quick rundown of everything that you can do. Ricky Smith, no doubt, shout out to the white Caps indeed, and Morning Bart and so Alex Yes, Mary had a boy soccer team. They were a four seed, I believe, and they in upper upper upper upper upper no. I thought they were upper no. So the upper right knocking off Lounds are the number ten team in the number ten team and the scoreboard rankings, and they are taking on a four seed. That's where it is. Region five. Team two mary Hatta beat Lounds seven to one in day one of the six to eight playoffs. Upper right hand corner. They get to host Discovery five days from now. So on Wednesday, Marietta hosts Discovery because Discovery knocked off Carrollton the five, the fifth ranked team in the rankings. Because you know, if you were a team that was ranked in rankings that would make sense. So number five Carlton, Discovery knocks them out. Discovery now goes to Marietta and on Wednesday, unless schedules permit and you can rearrange your scheduling, Marietta is gonna host Discovery. So number ten has a chance to make it to the quarterfinals. Upper part of the bracket was Lambert and North Gwinette. Lambert I believe got the win there last night. So Lambert at number four takes on Campbell. They are hosting Campbell, and so Marietta is hosting Discovery. Uppright as you follow in your brackets. In sixth A on the boy's side in soccer, Alex says he's going to be there to watch, whether permitting, and is I imagine I assume it's I assume it's at the cut or are they playing on the new campus for the high school. I imagine it's at North cut And by the way, if you haven't been to Northcutt Stadium, the home from Arietta football, it is there. You'll see a stone wall that is around Northcutt Stadium that was a WPA project back in nineteen twenty nine. They were trying to figure out a way to have a barrier set up at Northcutt Stadium, and so what they asked was all of the local farmers who had extra stone to bring it over to the school and then that was how they constructed the wall, the stone wall that you see that is there around the football stadium. So it's at Northcutt Stadium in downtown mary And just off of downtown the Square in downtown Marrietta. A really cool joint to go and watch anything inside that building just because of the history that's attached to it with Friday Richards and the Stone project from the WPA, all those kinds of things, So very very cool stuff there. Michael Parker is joining us in a handful of minutes and so once again, yeah, I imagine he and Greg have been pretty busy this week, a bunch of different things. We'll catch up with Michael about Rhode Island FC and about Open Cup and about mentoring and yes, about it Lanty nighted So that's coming up once again. Bradley right, Phillips joining us at the top of the hour and we're gonna catch up with him about Major League Soccer at the quarter Pole and what it's like having what you learn from Kevin Egan. What are you learning from Kevin Egan, Bradley, right, Phillips. That's what we're gonna that's what we're gonna find out about Analyst, MLS count Down, MLS three six, the MLS wrap up on MLS Season Pass brought to you by MLS and once again shout out to our friend Kirk Kirk Reynolds at the MLS's officeas to have us have all of these here guests that we get to have and get to share with you on a weekly basis. All right, Uh, I'm gonna kind of flip things around a little bit. What to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it. We'll start with today, try and get you through the weekend. So today being being an Espanol simulcasting, Lega Hunt two forty five PSG and nich you can get finants, which means you can get all to be in Newster tel A CEO for the fans are budding, Nino Toaurres and Gold, TV, Tigo Sports, Taysea, Lega one, Lega one Max Pro. You can get it at Finanates, FNTZ, dot Co, slash Soccer down here, I wasn't done with my promos and so U you can continue to add to your degenerate nature when it comes to everything in and around the sports world and watch it through finazs FS two has Canadian Premier League Valor and Halifax Wanderers at eight being an Espanol simulcasting league on Gold TV. I believe Nino is calling this one. Famali, Coo and Braga at three thirty. Be in Sports connect as your cap Champions League at noon in two and the turkeysh Super League bishicktas in Hutai Sport one. ESPN plus has the air to Tovizie at three. Jegermeister Cup starts in the USL ranks tonight seven o'clock North Carolina FC. How about North Carolina FC and Charlotte Independence. Fox Soccer Plus has Siri B as they get closer to the promotion questions being answered. Who gets to come into Syria on next year? Red Jihnasitadela is going on now to Zayna and sus Swollos at two thirty, Mlsnextpro dot Com Toronto FC two, Chicago Fire two that's at seven o'clock. Paramount Plus AFC Champions League Leade at twelve thirty, Syria at two forty five, Atalanta and Leche, Partick Thistle and fal Kirk in the Scottish Championship at two forty five, Stoke in Sheffield United at three o'clock. Vicks has a UEFA Youth League SEMIS one match is in the second half. Salzburg and Traps on spor Oz at alcorn, Barcelona's at noon, Women's May Women's Action Amazon Prime Video WNWS lid eight o'clock, Orlando Angels City the Zone, USA fraund bundesligat twelve thirty, Saudi Women's Premier League at one thirty, Spanish Premiere Feminina Real Madrid and Athleti at won thirty. In WSL Plus as Houston and Utad at eight. So that gets you through today. Tomorrow being has lega English Championship on CBS Sports Network Orlando and the Atlanta The Purple Team in Atlanta seven to twenty five kick It's on Big Fox, Arsenal and born With at twelve thirty on NBC. USA has two matches Chelsea to Newcastle and nip switched seven thirty and ten. Being an Espanol Triple Header League on ESPN Deportus Bundesliga and the Copa del Ray Final Barcelona Real Madrid Fox Deportis simulcasting MLS and has Honduras League Nacional Motagua and Raalisponia at nine thirty Goal TV two matches in the Portuguese Premier Universo simul casting What's going on on USA season Passing Apple TV will go through the ref announcements and everything an hour number two, MLS Next Pro Revs Two, NYC two at three, Core and Crown Legacy seven to thirty on the plus FA Cup Semi Crystal Palace Aston Villa at eleven forty five, Bundesliga six matches, Bundesliga B one match at two to thirty, Copa del Rey Final at three, Lalliga two ten and twelve twenty jeger Cup going on all day three, six, nine, twelve, fourteen matchups in the USLS Fox Soccer Plus double header, Canadian Premier League Glosso Network, AFC Champions League, English Championship Mlsnexspro dot Com a late night matchup out there. NBC Sports dot Com simulcasting Premier League Paramount Plus, AFC Champions of League, English Championship League one League, Twocottish Premiership Peacock simulcasting everything the women CBS Big CBSNWSL Ion has a double header at seven thirty and ten two to any league in MX FEM and EEL does z owne USA Frown Bundesliga at ESPN plus Northern Super League in WSL, Paramount Plus has NWSL Peacock simulcasting, and for matches in the USL Super League. Good lord, that's a lot for a Saturday anyway. Time to catch my breath, time to catch up with our or with our golfing buddy, Michael Parkers. What's going on, brother John?
Speaker 7: Get some water, take a shower. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was trying to run down that what's gonna be on for folks to watch on TV on Friday and Saturday, And I didn't realize this was gonna be so long. And I'm like, oh crap, there's park you better wrap it up.
Speaker 7: There's just a little bit of soccer on this weekend that people can watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you've been a busy man recently, Rhode Island FC. Uh, you now know what's going on? You got a name for the ah. He's sporting a jersey on the front. You're the man. You are the man. See and once again I told everybody about that. I said that, you know, beyond goals entering on one sleeve, soccer for good on the other, kaiser on the front, SDH on the crest right see Lee right there, man.
Speaker 7: It's beautiful, it is. I just did a social post. Well, I created a video for social breaking down, a breaking down a goal that will be posted on social with this jersey on.
Speaker 3: You are the man and a half. You are absolutely awesome. So let's see your stadium for your team has a sponsor. It is now apparently going to be hosting the Major League Rugby Championship game, is like one of the first big things in the venue. So you got things moving up there at Rhode Island FC and Open Cup man, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Moving and grooving. We I'm headed up there next weekend for the big opener against San Antonio next Saturday, and then yeah, midweek the next week we play the Revs, which is amazing. What an opportunity.
Speaker 3: So all right, how how chaotic is this for you? Because of your history with both of these teams in the past tense and the present tense clashing like this?
Speaker 7: Yeah not not too much, honestly. I mean, I really enjoyed my time with the Revs, but I don't have a great connection with the club anymore. So I'm a much closer with Columbus and Atlanta obviously, but you know I don't. I still follow them obviously like every other club in the league. But there's uh, there's no hiding who I'll be rooting for when we play.
Speaker 3: Absolutely true. How much R I f C gear do you actually have?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 3: Not a ton?
Speaker 7: Because well I don't know why that is, John, but it will change when I go up there next week and I ravage whatever they have.
Speaker 3: It's like mine mine, mine mind was like mister Parker.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, put it on the company card.
Speaker 3: On the Underhills tab. Yes, absolutely, that's where the AMEX card. You want, the Underhill's AMEX card. I can give that to you. When you have all of these cool things going on. I know that your time has been divided with what's been going on up there with the good, with beyond goals entering and the good, and then with what's currently going on with Atlanta United. And I would I would ask it this way, if when was the last time that you were in a a situation where a team stumbled out of the gate with a whole lot of promise and was able to turn it around. Were you ever in a situation like that in your playing career?
Speaker 7: I honestly, I can't remember a time where towards the bottom, you know, a quarter of the way into the season. But I mean last year, and this is obviously a different level, but Rhode Island FC we were second to bottom midway through the year and we went on a fantastic run and turned things around. So it's very doable, and I'm still bullish on the rest of the season. I still think the talent's there. I'd be shocked if they don't add another piece in the summertime. It's just a question of getting things together, getting the confidence as a group up, figuring out who plays where and what formation and all that. So I still think that this group is more than capable of winning games. It's just not doing it right now, which obviously is not great.
Speaker 3: But I mean, and when you see a group up on a rake, you know, or you know, tie their shoelaces together and they don't, and it doesn't go the way that you anticipate. I know, Obviously for you as a professional athlete, it's frustrating, but for as someone who has his heart on his sleeve for this franchise, considering everything that you've been invested, it's that it almost it doubles and triples when it comes to how how much you want it to turn over quickly, how much you want it to succeed, because you know what's there. You know some of those folks, you've seen them work, and it's just it's like you're waiting for that one moment I think, to trigger that run that you're talking about, like you had with ri Ifc last.
Speaker 7: Year, for sure, for sure. And honestly, it's I think it's more of a group mentality and confidence thing than anything else, because, like I said, the talent is there, and obviously it comes down to the manager to motivate and get everybody on the same page and you know, maybe change the style a little bit to try and get a few points. Right so that on a podcast the other day. Right now, you're in a situation where you do anything possible or needed to get three points, and then once you have a couple of games where you get three points, then then the confidence is back and then you can, you know, go out there, do your thing and play the exciting, beautiful brand of soccer. But right now, I think, you know, this weekend, you'd rather win one zero on an own goal than play beautiful and lose for three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and especially in a rivalry game against the purple team in Middle Florida where you have all of these things combining, where it's the slow start. It wasn't anticipated that it was going to be this way. You're trying to do whatever it takes for a win, just to kind of reverse your fortunes a little bit because of all of the posts that you've hit in the crossbars and the calls and just not getting the results. And you're now ample applying that with a matchup against the team that you know that you drive each other crazy when it comes to Major League soccer, so that that amplification is it's almost you know, X number of times more than it would have been under a normal circumstance. In air quotes.
Speaker 7: Totally, And you're right to have been a little unlucky. You know, I think that the New England game they should have won. You know, of course you get unlucky here and there, and so it happens, and of course it's easy on the sidelines to say, well you should have scored four, you know, but you know, I've never seen a call like that, and I still don't agree with it. I still think that's a good goal for Miguel. I thought the penalty was really soft. It's like, you know, it's just sometimes things are going against you and you need to, you know, make your own luck. And so hopefully they're able to do that, because again I think it's there. I think they're close, but I know nobody wants to hear that. They just want to see results.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I mean at the same time, I think that if but being reminded of what you're capable of, I think that's just as important. And I think that, you know, when you and Greg have those opportunities with the nine gazillion mentees that you have and that you have the influence of, I think just being reminded. And we see this from Ronnie a lot in postmatch pressers and during the week, he's constantly speaking the positive. It's he's there. There isn't any there isn't any issue going on about well, you know, no, they just need to get their head screwed on straight or whatever. There's always that positive reinforcement that's there. I know that you and Greig do that as well when it comes to your mentoring. But to have a manager that is just as impactful in a professional situation with all those positives, I think that's just as key. And saying it publicly, I think is just as important.
Speaker 7: Totally, totally, because the easiest thing is to say, oh, we need to work harder, we need to focus more. It's not a lack of effort when you watch the game. I watched the games and I don't see a lack of effort.
Speaker 6: It's not that.
Speaker 7: And so it's just little little things here and there that need to come together, and I think they will. But yeah, and I agree with the manager. I see what he's saying, and it's it's not obviously what all the fans want to hear. They want to hear exactly why is it that we're losing or we're not playing well and fix it. But as we know, it's not that easy all the time to pinpoint things and get everybody on the same page and get the confidence of the group and confidence of the individuals, and you know, limit the little small mistakes individually. Right, It's it's a big picture thing for sure.
Speaker 3: How much positive reinforcement do you and Greg do with your mentees?
Speaker 7: A lot? And I think it's important because we don't know how much they're getting of that outside of our conversations, right from mom and dad, from coach, from whoever, right teacher in school. And I think everybody can always use some positive reinforcements some Hey, let's what have you done well? That's one one of the things I love to ask kids is, Hey, give me give me a win that you've had in the past couple of weeks. And I don't necessarily mean the biggest win on the field, right, something you overcame. Right, Was it a test you studied hard for and it went well, or I don't know, you mastered a juggling trick or whatever it is. Right, give me a win. I focus on some positives and say, hey, good job, man, Like, congrats, that's great, you know, keep winning, uh, And I think we can all use more of that.
Speaker 3: When was what was the last win that you had, the.
Speaker 7: Last win that I had. That's a great question, John.
Speaker 3: If you look at yourself in the mirror and go so so Michael, what was the last win that you had? What would what would you answer to your So.
Speaker 7: The last win that I had was I'll say yesterday. I had a very very productive day just in general, very focused as far as getting ish done that I needed to get done, that maybe I've put on the back burner or just you know, sometimes things come up and I go, oh, I could do this or that, and very productive day, and I take that as a win.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, but you know, there's a reason we call it ish because it's like we don't want to touch it, we don't want to have anything to do with it. But I think that to your point, and I go back to one of the best movies of all time, The Replacements, where Jimmy McGuinty, who is anything but a traditional coach, Pat Gene Hackman, in one of his roles as the Krusty NFL, is kind of a coach. He has a meeting, he has a team meeting with all of his all of the players, and these are the guys that are assembled together. You know, they're brought together and Keanu Reeves is their quarterback and they have that one game where things are going wrong, and so it's like, all right, I want to take this energy, and I want to talk about quicksand, and everybody's like quicksand, And it's the idea of one thing going wrong, then then another and another, and you just get stuck in quicksand and there's no way to try to get out of it. When you have when you have these discussions, whether it was as a professional athlete or as a mentor these days, do you have you been in that situation where you're trying to get out of the quicksand and trying to talk to folks about getting out of it, whether you're the one who's pulling the rope or whether you're the one that might be a part of being in the quicksand? Have you ever had any of those kind of moments.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely for sure. I mean I think back to I came. I think it must have been twenty seventeen. We went like, I don't know, eight games without a win something. It was right in the middle of the season, and it was not going well. We weren't losing all those games, but we weren't winning. And that's tough on a locker room. So I understand, you know, how the group's feeling over there in Atlanta, it's it's difficult, right, And you see it at the end of the game where there's no accountability from players to stay and talk to media, right. I think I saw something where it was the two young guys Noah and Jay, Yeah and Jay that talked to the media. And that's just a small example. But yeah, for sure with within our menties, we talk about it too, and that's why we try and say, hey, it's really important to try and snap back really quickly. And the big reason is we don't want to snowball. And we know that once a snowball starts going, it becomes tougher and tougher to stop it and reverse it. And so the easiest time and the quickest time to do it is right away. And so can you can you bounce back quickly? And so that's what we're trying give the kids the tools to do, is to refocus and adjust quickly before that snowball gets too big.
Speaker 3: Are adults better at addressing the snowball or are youth better at addressing the snowball and turning things around? These days?
Speaker 7: Uh, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I think that well, And I mean it might just be case by case and having to break it down individually. But I mean because because of the reason I ask is because you know, when when you were young, I'm sure that you know, addressing the snowball was different than when you were a professional athlete. And when I was a kid back in the seventeen eighties when James Oglethorpe colonized this state that we're based in, you know, I'm sure it was like, you know, rub some dirt on it, that kind of thing, just you know, dust yourself off and get your you know, get your you know what back out there. So I don't know if it's a generational thing where younger players are easier at addressing it versus adults. And that's why I wanted to know when it came to your ideas, who was easier.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think that the smaller the snowball, the kids are bouncing back quickly, and I think that we as adults tend to just brush it off, like you said, and like we know, Okay, if the snowball gets really big, we can address it and figure it out. But until then I'll just ignore it, you know, or forget about it or whatever. But I think the younger generation ear last we're trying to help them, is hey, no, just adjust it now, fix it now, get over it now that way because they're not usually equipped to get over the bigger snowballs, and those can be much tougher for younger players and people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mentioned Noah and Jay and specifically they have come up through the system. Know they were academy. Noah was a fifteen year old going up against dudes that were twice his age in USL Championship and he wasn't flinching. And Jay hasn't done the any that either when it comes to going up against folks that might be ten twelve years older than he is. And you can sense in them, and not just after the loss last week, but you can sense in them the pride that's attached with working through the system, coming through the academy, and you know, you know, you sit there and you grab the crest and you sit there and you grab it and you kiss it, and they know what that means when it comes to their day to day. When you see your mentees have that kind of pride as well, what's it like for you to sit there and say, oh, okay, they get it, they understand what it means to have that logo on the shirt and what they've got to do one hundred and twenty percent of the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's a great feeling. I think that it's it's fantastic when a player has that pride within their team because you know that they're willing to go the extra mile to really stand up for their teammates, to really commit everything, which is what you hope every athlete finds the place to do. But I also think that it speaks to those two guys' mentality of maturation, and that's the reason why they have and one of the reasons a big reason why they have progressed all the way through because I'm sure there's been more talented players probably than both of them in the academy at one point or another. But as we know, it's not just talent that gets you there, right, these guys understand the process and they understand what it takes mentally and physically to continue to get to the next level and keep pushing it. And so yeah, they're not going to be in awe of many situations because they've got a good head on their shoulders and they've prepared for these moments and so, yeah, that's a big part of it.
Speaker 3: What about for those adults or those other talented folks that come into that situation and may not understand and what it means. They did in their previous locations and they understood what it meant then, but how you know when it comes to you're with it Landy United as an example, So you have a player who comes in who doesn't understand what it means to be a part of it Landy United. What are the conversations like early on with those new additions to a roster to sit there and say, no, it's a big deal here. What kind of conversations. How do you impress upon those new folks coming into a situation what it means and what it should mean.
Speaker 7: Well, I think you know, it's easy to lecture, but that's it's tough for the other person to sometimes take it in right. It depends on the individual. And so our biggest piece of advice is find someone that's been there for a while and make sure you're sitting at their lunch table and listening to what they're talking about and what they say. And find a good pro that's been a pro for a really long time or been at this club for a long long time, and watch what they do over a week and not just on the field, right, What time do they get to the train grounds, what do they do before training, what do they do after training? How are they taking care of their body? All those things like watch learn right that way, I don't have to tell you right, just use your eyes and you know you'll see it. So you know, that's definitely our biggest piece of advice. That way. We try and keep the lecturing down as much as possible.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean when you at well and right in these days as a as a mentor, what you want to do is you want to have conversations with you don't want to lecture for sure, because especially with the younger athlete today, they they don't like get I don't think that they really take a whole lot to being lectured too. I think that they if if if your conversation and correct me if I'm wrong, if the conversation is honest and there's give and take, where they can sit there and feel like they can speak freely with you, even you, even if you are you know Michael Parkhurst and bold font and you know capital letters and everything. I think that if there's an honest give and take the instructive criticism, they can take it and they take it well. Whereas if you come out of the blocks and you're just straight, you know, fingerpointing and lecturing, it's just going to be like, all right, I'm changing the channel. I'm out the door totally.
Speaker 7: And that's what That's what good leadership is, right, it's not just leading, it's asking, it's it's questioning, it's listening. And so yeah, in our sessions, of course, we try and ask questions, and we try and have the mentee speak, you know, forty fifty percent of the time, right, what do you think? What do you see? How did you feel? What do you think you could have done differently? Right in all these different situations that we talk about, and then we can say, hey, yeah, have you thought about this or what about that? Or you know, this is how I dealt with this, you know when I had a similar situation type thing. But yeah, it's yeah, it's a delicate balance.
Speaker 3: So if you were in the Atlanta United locker room and you were to have those kinds of conversations, how would you want a conversation like that to go? You're asked to speak to the current roster.
Speaker 7: You go in the current situation.
Speaker 3: In the current situation, So if you in the current situation, you are asked to go in and have a conversation behind closed doors, I mean, I'm asking you to have a closed door conversation and let me know what you would say in a closed door conversation. Basically, Uh, I don't think you're gonna come at it with the hair dryer. There might be moments where you would, but what are the main talking points that you would have to the folks in the room.
Speaker 7: Without going into individuals, I would try and keep it more of Every team goes through points like this in a season, every team, no matter what, and the ones that come out of it together and figure things out are the strongest teams at the end of the season. Right they they have figured it out and they've gone they've been battle tested, and they've regrouped and they've figured it out. And when they figure it out, they're going to go through another period throughout the season. Right, or maybe in a game, and you have to be able to look at each other and bounce back quickly. Right in a playoff game, you don't have time, right, you have to bounce back quickly. You know there's going to be different moments, and you know this is a moment for them and they have to pull together. And the other thing I would say is like, guys, you're Atlanta freaking United. You need to like have a chip on your shoulder to say we are ballers and we are the better team. Whether you believe it or not, or whether it's two or not, that's the belief you need to have. And so hey, we're going to go out there and we're going to show that we deserve or we think that we deserve right to be the ballers of this game. And does that mean we need to dictate the game the whole time. No, But that means we even if we're defending for sixty minutes, we can still put fear in the other team by counter attacking.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: It's there's different ways to put fear into the other team. And you know, I think that they're still capable of doing that, but it definitely starts with some belief and some knowledge that hey, we have each other's back and we're going to get out of this. And you know, maybe start with just getting a point this weekend.
Speaker 3: When was the last time you stood up in a room and had to give a speech like that, it's been a while, how'd that feel.
Speaker 7: I don't really like love giving speeches. I did it as infrequently as I could when I was playing, But I think that also helps it go over stronger. The message comes out stronger, because you know, if you're yapping all the time, you get tuned out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if someone like you that is the quiet, confident leader, you know, that's like you want your actions to do it most of the time, because when you do stand up, everybody's like, oh you know what, oh ish. Look if Parky's standing up and he's talking and he's addressing the room, then he's really got something on his mind that he wants all of us to hear.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean, who were those who were those quiet leaders when you were playing outside of when you were the leader, Who were the leaders that you learned from when you were playing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jeff was for sure a quiet leader within the team, right. He just took no ish on or off the field. But also he was like, you know, a guy you could talk to off the field and everybody respected, and he went about his business right. Jeff, for the every single year felt like he had something to prove that somebody doesn't respect me, somebody doesn't think that I'm good enough. And every year it was I need to I need to show it. I need to prove why that's not the case. And so you know, that's that's an incredible mentality to have and it's why he played for so long and had so much success. But he was definitely a quiet leader. I had a really good captain and Norschalin who was respected a lot, and he was the same way. He was loud when he needed to be, but just you know, really had the respect of a lot of the guys, everybody actually, And I think that for me, it's about showing up every day and doing the little things. It's are you out there grinding every day with everybody else and doing it? And that's why Darlington is a leader as well. Right, the guy doesn't take days off. It's incredible. And yeah, he's not loud and he's not the raw raw and he's not gonna you know, really talk in a huddle and things like that, but everybody respects him and that's because he does everything the right way.
Speaker 3: All right, So what's with the BWP coming up in a handful of minutes. We got the Purple team come up this weekend. What's your favorite Purple Team memory?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Gosh, so many, I was gonna say, other than beating them every every single match when it mattered.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: Joseph scoring bothering it? Yeah face?
Speaker 6: What was that?
Speaker 7: The what goal was that? That was the all time record a season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the Bendick face where he's hopping up and he looks and bendis just like, you know, the base goal. But yeah, we got BWP coming up in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 7: That's the favorite memory for sure.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, So what's going on beyond goals these days?
Speaker 6: What is going on?
Speaker 7: We finished up high School Talks, still onboarding our newest member. I'm setting up high school Talks up here in Ohio for the first time.
Speaker 3: So there you go, doing that as.
Speaker 7: Well, expanding and trying to put together a camp for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: So there you go. So, is there going to be like Traducan for the Camp MVP. You're gonna have stuff like that reducing Yeah, you know, like you know when you get the Maden the you get the Madden MVP. It was always like the tur Ducan and you get the leg of the tur Ducan if you're a team MVP on things.
Speaker 7: Okay, I like that, tbd OKBD.
Speaker 3: So you know when you look at all of these all this stuff with beyond goals, I mean, we've got playoffs going on down here. What's it like to expand into Ohio?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a different season, right, So up here we play high school soccer in the fall, so you know, having these conversations in the late summer is what we're setting up for. But yeah, I'm excited. I'm excited because you know, it's just broadening our horizons and getting to speak with more athletes and that's always a good thing.
Speaker 3: How many mentees do you guys have right now? Eleven gazillion?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know. Hundreds.
Speaker 3: What's that? I mean, what's it like to have hundreds of folks knocking on your door and asking you and Greg for mentoring advice.
Speaker 7: It's awesome.
Speaker 6: We love it.
Speaker 7: That's how we do it. It's phenomenal. It's really cool to think that we're helping people out and they're appreciative and that's why they keep coming back, honestly.
Speaker 3: So all right, so next week, when are you leaving to go to Rhode Island?
Speaker 7: Thursday?
Speaker 3: Okay, so uh Friday morning next a week from today. If you if you are at Centerville Bank, can you crash the party in like nine thirty and come in with your phone and just kind of give us a tour about the stadium.
Speaker 7: If you're there, you text me and remind me.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh that'd be sweet, see because you give the walking tour, you won't you wear the hard hat and everything and gosha.
Speaker 7: If we need hard hats on the day before the opener of the you know we're in.
Speaker 3: Trouble, that's true. So then we're in your Rhode Island FC gear. How about that?
Speaker 6: There we go?
Speaker 3: All right? So where's Deacon and her.
Speaker 7: Spot John as always, you know, just living the tough life.
Speaker 3: Yes, with our strawberry. Yes, all right. So I'm gonna do a I'm gonna do a crossover here because we have cleared and our number two and coming in early believing in the Tom Coughlins.
Speaker 7: Of course he is. He's a true pro.
Speaker 3: True pro. So we're gonna do a crossover here starting our number two. We welcome b w P to the proceedings. In b w P, Michael parkerst is with you as he's on his way out the door. And here here's analyst MLS countdown, MLS three sixty and MLS wrap up on MLS Season Pass. It's MLSBWP here with Michael Parkers big time.
Speaker 6: Can you guys hear me? Good?
Speaker 3: You're good man, Pauky.
Speaker 6: I can't believe you're leave him, bro, it'd be nice to chat.
Speaker 7: To Nobody told me that you were going to be on BRON you know, get the heads up.
Speaker 6: I didn't know you're gonna come on the show. Actually you have to come on the show. You let me know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Michael, before you go, and I know that the fourth has held up the banner here, what question do you have for BWP.
Speaker 5: I don't think toughest.
Speaker 7: Toughest thing about the new gig.
Speaker 6: I think in the beginning, I think great question. By the way, the hardest part for me was trying to be myself, like just how I jump onto this podcast, just like right this second, I'm trying to get that more, you know, be myself, analyze the game, say what I think, but sounding like Bradley when I first got on, I was trying to sound, and I felt like I sounded like other people. Now, I don't care if the you know, the word I use is a little bit different. I want you to know who I am while I'm talking about this game. That was the hardest part.
Speaker 3: All right, So bw PTE question for Michael Parkers, that's.
Speaker 6: A tough one. No, okay, okay, you weren't the biggest center back, but I found you one of the most difficult to play against. How did you gain your advantages.
Speaker 7: Using using my brain? I didn't want. I had to avoid physical confrontation, right because every every striker, even yourself, was stronger and faster than me. So anytime I was in a fifty to fifty was no boyl for me. So it was I had to be there before them. So I had to know where the ball was going, give myself the extra moment, and always have my brain on.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 7: Couldn't relax because just didn't have the physical tools to just be lazy and make up.
Speaker 6: It felt like playing against you felt sometimes I'll do like a double movement or try and to spin someone them. I would look at him when you're there, I'm like, why are you here? Even you know I'm meant to have left you on the first one. Well, yeah, credit to you. It was tough to think playing against Mike.
Speaker 3: All right, So, Mike, are you looking at bwp's hips in a situation like that? Are you looking at the running back and sitting there going Okay, the hips are going this way and I'm just going to follow him there? What's what? What are you looking at?
Speaker 7: No, there's not time for that. It's more what I see and what I would do, what I think strikers will do, like, oh, where's the space? Where should he run?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: And then going to that as those areas and obviously you see it time and time again, and and she Brad and I played against each other a lot, and so after the first few times, you get a sense of like, Okay, he likes to make these movements, he likes to do certain things. And then you're just trying to guess a little bit here and there. Right, Sometimes you just especially on crosses and stuff, it's like I got to just put myself in the best position that I think it's going to go to, and then you know, a little bit of luck helps out. But yeah, just I'm not looking at the body position so much as where I think he should go. But Brad was one of the great ones along with Wando. It was like what he's talking about double movements, right, A lot of strikers don't make double movements. It's easier, right, but the double movements really throw the center backs off. But him and Wando and Land and the smarter guys always so much more difficult.
Speaker 3: Time. App as always, thanks for dropping by when you can't. I will text you about your time at Rhode Island FC next week and we can get to tour the new stadium. Thanks as always for dropping and we'll catch up with you soon, my friend. All right, all right, so now it is time for BWP to drop by. And thanks, first off for coming in on a Friday. I know that you're getting prepped for everything. What I wanted to do here on SDHA, other than welcome you properly and give your Golden ticket status blocks, so to come in on any Friday from ten until whenever, because this is traditionally the hour of chaos, where folks can come in and crash and say their piece two minutes string minutes and they can go.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 3: So Parky kind of took one of my questions, okay about you know, no, but no, it's all good. That's what we're here for. So what's it like for you sitting at the table and doing the gig that you've got now where you get to put up with our buddy Kevin Egan on.
Speaker 6: First of all, Kevin, what a guy, man. I'll show three sixty. You need to have energy, you need a good host, and keV is, you know, perfect. He's the perfect person for it because he doesn't take a moment off, does his research, does his homework. He's enthusiastic. I sit right next to him, so that energy just just fools onto me. You know, sometimes I'm tired of moody. I want to be a bit, you know, just relaxing. Kes just like punching me. You know, he's amazing. What a guy. Yeah, but it's very different obviously being an analyst now and being in the studio because I was the guy on the pitch, you know, trying to ignore these headlines, trying to ignore the media and what they thought, you know, trying to get my head down this. The transition was tough. I found it hard talking about players I knew you don't, you know, you have to you have to get over that because you don't want to offend anyone. But I got some advice from my dad and it was just, you know, anything you would say to someone's face, then you can you can say it on TV, you know. And that stuck with me, and now I find it easier to talk. I find it easier being myself. And that's that's facts obviously to the staff and then the crew.
Speaker 3: I have with me two big topics that I do want to borrow you on here this morning, over the next fifteen minutes, basically the good, the bad, and the ugly here at the quarter pole. And I do want to ask specifically about what you think about it, Landy, and iighted, what direction do you want to go? First?
Speaker 6: Good, the bad and the ugly?
Speaker 3: All right, so good, the bad, and the ugly at the quarter pole? Who's the good?
Speaker 6: The good? Vancouver obviously mm hmm, yeah, Vancouver has been brilliant. Sorrowson's done a great job. Even if you watched them last night in the CONKAKAFT Champions Cup. This is not luck. This is a well coached team with very good players that you know us in this league because they're not superstars and you know, they weren't playing at big clubs abroad. We almost don't want to give these Brian White's and Ryan Golds and these players. Takahoka the keeper, Vesselinovich blackman, these guys are stars right now. This season they are stars, and depending how this season goes, they they should be recognized as that.
Speaker 3: All right. So that's good in the Western Conference, good in the Eastern Conference. Outside of Messi and friends.
Speaker 6: I have to say I'm torn between three teams. Obviously, the three teams, but because I think Columbus, you know, this is a team I love dearly. I only spent a year in Columbus, but the way they treat me there, the football they played, it's just a great place to play football. And Wilfrid Nanty's gone in there after Caleb and done a great job. I just think I thought at the beginning of the season they would struggle a bit, no Kucha. You know, they lose Ramirez, that was a player that could come off the bench or start and get you goals. And I thought maybe this, you know, maybe that last little bit that extract is going to be tough. But they're still up there, you know, they're still up there. They're still coach world. Wilfrid Nunt. He's a very good coach, so I have to put him in. I think that's a very good season start to this season for him. Then Cincinnati, you know, looking at them, they haven't blown me away with performances. But again, it's a team that's built on some real like defensive foundations. They work for each other, real team, real team like efic around that squad. They're getting players back now evanders Is, he's a very very top player, top top player. Yeah, they're getting him going and with players to come back, I just think they just get stronger and stronger. And then Charlotte, because Charlotte, if you ask me, I'm not you know this early in the season. I know it's what ten games coming up now, I'm not putting them. You know, where are they in the league now? Second?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they're they're right there, right, they're part of that gaggle.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah. So credit to Dean Smith and his boys. They still got to get Wilfrid Darhago. Imagine when he starts playing really well again, you're looking at a strong team. So I'd say that's the good Dar.
Speaker 3: All right, so bad East or West, take your pick.
Speaker 6: I'll go I'll go West first. Okay, I have to throw the Galaxy in there, because they are the Galaxy probably the biggest team, you know, the most famous team in the MLS and when you see them in the deposition, they are It's got to be tough for Great Valley. Obviously they've had their issues, but yeah, I gotta throw that in bad the West as well. I'll just leave it with that. Actually bad in the East, and this ain't the worst. And I'm with you guys now, this is more because you know the frustration when I want to say Atlanta, because yeah, when you spend the money you did, especially on the attack. Me as an avid football fan, I was excited to watch Atlanta United. How'marron coming back? I've played against this team. I've played against Atlanta when they are the top team at the bench. It is a horrible place to play, daunted. Honestly, if you don't get a good start, forget about it. You're going to like you're getting run over for a day and a half. Is a very tough place to play. It is, so I thought those days were coming back, you know, with this new front line and I've been a little bit disappointed because I know the talent that's there. I know it can be put together. Just they just look a bit indecisive. The balance is off and I'm not sure what they're trying to do. So for me, that's bad, and it it's because what I expected. I wanted to see more from that side.
Speaker 3: All right, So Bookmarke Atlanta and push them to the back. Ugly in the East and the West.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, sorry, ugly in the East and the West.
Speaker 3: What's ugly Montreal?
Speaker 6: It's tough to say Montreal's ugly because the fixtures, you know, the schedule wasn't kind to the beginning season. They have to play seven or eight what is it? Seven games away from home? Yeah, I don't know if I'm in that locker room, if you know what I mean, if I enjoy that, I don't know how you know, you get through a stretch like that. So it's tough to say.
Speaker 3: You put the roof back on the Big O and turn that into a functioning place.
Speaker 6: Probably, it's true. It's tough for me. Have you got any suggestions to me?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I was thinking, you know, for me specifically, man allergies are killing.
Speaker 6: They've been kicking my eye this morning.
Speaker 3: So I mean I would have said obviously Montreal with their rough start, you know, and you look at the bottom. I would have initially said somebody like New England, but then Caleb Porter found something. See I don't know how. I don't know how folks made it off the tarmac in San Jose after what happened. For the ride home, I.
Speaker 6: Really d C is a good shout because while they do have a great goalscorer DC is, they've been tough to watch early in this season. You know, they've been really tough to watch. Troyla saying that I know spent a little bit at Troy with when I was at Red Bull, and he understands the game. I know what he's trying to do. That he wants to play a decent side of football. Also with that counterpress thrown in there, and it's you know, it hasn't looked pretty, but they did get a good result at Red Bull, which is not an easy place to go to. So I didn't put them in ugly because I'm a fan of seeing teams turning around, turning that corner. As soon as I see a little den of hope. I look out for that, you know, so I don't really have Ugly right now.
Speaker 3: And then Ugly in the West since you had lag as a bad yeah, Ugly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean on Kansas City. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Kansas City. Again similar to the Galaxy. It's a team that we expect, you know, like to be playing a good stile of football, a team that we always expect to be competing in the playoffs. And when you see them as low as they are not stringing together some good results, you know more often than not, yeah, you may have to put them in that bad.
Speaker 3: Category, all right. So Ugly now, yeah, that's all good. The man who has three business cards with or actually four if you just want to separate them all out. Analyst MLS Countdown, Analyst MLS three sixty, Analyst MLS wrap up, MLS Season Pass, Bradley Right, Phillips. We are now at halftime, turning into the second half, and I want to break things down with you. You mentioned it Landy United in the bad, So I asked Parky, I said, if you were in that locker room, because he now does he and Greg Garza do a lot of work with their mentoring aspect. Now they've got I think two hundred and fifty the student athletes that they mentor with beyond goals mentoring. And I said, okay, with your history with this franchise, and you're now mentoring currency that you have. If you were to wander into that locker room and talk to these guys, even though you weren't necessarily a talker all the time, but you had to stand up and say the stuff. What would you say? And so you know, it's like, look, it's going to turn around and the you know, the conversation is going to be there, but you know, just keep pushing and pushing in the moments will come and then it will snowball and the positive from there, unlike the snowballing that's been going on far when you see Atlanta. You mentioned obviously putting them in the bad because of the expectations, But what else have you noticed about it Landy United this year in twenty twenty five I.
Speaker 6: Mentioned a little bit earlier. It's just that I don't know if they It's like the defense is trying to play one way and the attack is is doing another thing. I don't know what they're trying to do. I can only imagine that if I was, you know, coaching that side, and by no means a great coach. It just looks at me like it's a team that you know, they should have played like Columbus or San Diego. A team that looks like they're suited more in transition moments. When I think of Saba on the right, he's great running into space, He's great getting on the end of the passes Latin that has paced to spare. I would like to see him more, you know, out on the run, getting getting onto through balls and being set free running in behind Almron When he plays on the right, I don't think it's been as affective because I think he's lost a couple of yards, But I do think he can still do that central ten role ways, dropping into pockets, turning and creating from there and driving breaking lines. Yeah, I just don't see a real way of them playing. I don't see you know, the things that make them dangerous, the things that I just said, I don't see them doing that enough. So I I think if I walked into that locker room while I'll be trying to, you know, get the boys all playing one way, you know, if I'm like a lot. I'll be talking to the center back, to all the midfielders. You know, when you see me in this place, just run, Just play me in behind, you know, play me behind. Even if I don't get it. We're up the field and we're attacking in their half. I think they're in a place now where it can't just be relied. You can't just rely on dialogue or obviously is his responsibility, but the senior players in that locker room have to. They have to come together. I remember whenever we were going through hard times, especially at Red Bull, we start from the beginning again, we start from the begin the basics. First fifteen minutes, maybe we're playing their half, don't concede. Then we get to that fifty Past that fifteen minutes, it's a different task and before you know it's halftime. The results better than it was last weekend, and there's something to build off. I think they have to go back to basics and forget talent for a minute. Is get together, be hard to beat, and then take steps from there.
Speaker 3: What about somebody like an Alexi Midanchuk who we know his artistry, yeah, and we know what he is capable of, almost like that point guard that you see in basketball. Yes, who knows where folks need the ball, but it's like we talk about positional gravity, and it's something that you know a lot about considering that when you had the ball, you had like nine dudes just come and collapse upon you. But that also means that eight other guys are open at that particular moment. When you see someone like Midanchuk with his artistry and he played a little deeper against NYC at times because they were trying to come back, and you saw what he's capable of. What about somebody like Midnchuk and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you hit a nail on the head. When I look at Morantu, like there's been a couple of times he's had to go in that sixth row and build the game for Atlanta if they are going to build, if they do want to play that way, he has to be in that six role because he's really good on the half turn, and I think him playing in the six takes a lot of responsibility. I don't want to put you know, I don't want to say that he's a man that is not built for that moment. But I think when you play him in a ten, we will look at him and be like, Okay, make something happen. We look at him in that Evander rope, you know, in what Almaron is coming here to do, and I think it's a little bit unfair on. So if you play him in the six I think he's really good, like I said, at getting on the half tend then he can find those players when you put him into ten, I don't think he's a man for the big moments. You know, in every game. I think you see more of his qualities playing deeper on the field, deeper down the field, and I think that will help at landa a little bit more.
Speaker 3: And you know, in this system that Ronnie currently has formationally it's a four two three one, you're dealing with two sixes. You have guys like Bart Slash, who he's got a bit of a mean streak to him, but you're also seeing younger players like Jay Fortune step up. You see him atteas Click, who was brought in from d C for a pack of Pall Mall's, some Hostess twinkies and a box of matches. And you know, when he gets healthy, I know what he can bring to the table as well. When you look at the rest of this roster outside of that attacking for what else do you see?
Speaker 6: I see good players, especially if he getting the right ones on the field. I see good players. I see a team that can play both ways. I see a team that could play in transition, and I see a team that could build if the right players in the right spot. This is why I put them in the bad because I don't get I am not seeing it. There's no excuse it's a good roster. I'm seeing teams with If you take Austin for example, I don't that Ross is not bad than Atlanta's, but they've got some kind of together and it's they're hard to beat and they're somehow right now up the table.
Speaker 3: Well, but they can't score. It's like you bringing all this hot you bring in all this heavyweight talent, and what Basquez has two? Uh what it's uh yeah, it.
Speaker 6: Hasn't been good enough. You're right, That's what I'm saying. For them in attacking, it hasn't been good enough. But they can still be at the top of the table. So for me, why is Atlanta not doing something similar. I'm not saying play that style of football. I'm saying, you know, at least putting these performances where Okay, the attack's not going well, but you don't just come to the Bens and beat us. You know this is a difficult team, This should be a difficult team to play against.
Speaker 3: Then you dropped a whole lot of am to bring in Robert Taylor away from Messi and friends to help out with your offense. Three minute warning. I know I'm keeping you to a clock, all right. So this weekend it is Atlanta and the Purple Team in Central Florida. See. Yeah, The thing is the only way that we can mention the O word here is if we if we sing it like Book of Mormon, literally, we have to say Orlando. We're going to say that. Otherwise they're just the Purple team.
Speaker 6: Just good. I used to do that when I played for the Rebel. I would call it the New York City the Blue Team. So I get it. I get it.
Speaker 3: So Atlanta United in the Purple team coming up this weekend. When you see this kind of a rivalry match like you did with Red and Blue, what sticks to mind in this matchup for you?
Speaker 6: So you talking about gameplay first of all? Yeah, I'll talk about gameplay first and one and I'll talk about how I would go into those games. So I think gameplay, the game's there for the take you for both teams. Both teams not in a great place. So if I'm in each locker room, I'll go into that game thinking we can win this if we just do ABC, we can win this game. For Orlando at the moment that that front four that started off so well and not firing on all cylinders, uglying that plays into your hands. I think if you can make the game difficult in the first half, first half of the half, first half, sorry, then you're looking at maybe getting a good result. Yeah, but I expect to see fireworks. These are the kind of games that can that can turn your season. These kind of games for Atlanta. Now, if you get a big win here and build a meta from this place, you can look back come you know, October and whatever and say, you know what, when we played that game, when we beat one of our rivals. I think that's the way you can put, you know, a stamp where the season started to change for them.
Speaker 3: All right, last question for you, the time to cut the promo because you are on MLS countdown, MLS three sixty and MLS wrap up on MLS season pass as MLS Bradley Right, Phillips, I feel like now MLS needs to be in front of every single aspect of your name, with everything that you're doing up there with Apple these days. What's going on this weekend? When do you go into production meetings? When do you get to see Kevin Egan? What cut the promo for me? What book should expect this weekend?
Speaker 6: Okay, so I'll head up to Connecticut on Saturday morning. I'll get to this sh studio maybe two thirty, sit down, gathering my thoughts, and that's when you start seeing the boys come in. First of all, Yeah, production meeting, Yeah, and then we'll go we'll go on air for the first tundown, maybe six thirty. You know, after all the prep's done for those few hours six point thirty, do an hour just building up the games, building some excitement, letting you know our opinions. And then straight after that won't even move from the studio three sixty and that's when it gets hectic. And that's where your boy keV comes in and just gets that energy going. We've just got a bunch of games going on, a bunch of goals, bunch of key plays just a lot of fun. It's a long time, but that's like the most fun you can have in five to six hours. Honestly, it's brilliant.
Speaker 3: And after that, I was gonna say, what's it like flying without a net for six hours?
Speaker 6: It's crazy because you're watching so the mone it will be to our right somewhere. So I want to focus on the show, but I also want to see what's happening in the game. So when we do go to that key play, I have some good feedback for you. I have some good analysis. There's been times where you get pull, you might miss a goal. It comes up as a key play. We get to watch it obviously, but I haven't seen the build up, so I don't even know how this all's come about, you know what I mean. So it's hard really focusing on the game that's on the screen, what you guys might be seeing them, focusing on getting little nuggets for you guys. So when you see that key play giving you the information, it's crazy, it's carnage.
Speaker 3: It is it's and then but the thing is you may not be able to see the build up, but then you get to see the build up on MLS wrap up.
Speaker 6: Right facts, So that wrap up is like a it's probably the show where you get to really talk about what you saw in a game, because we've seen them all on the Saturday and now we do the wrap up on Sunday night after Sunday Night soccer. So now I've seen all those goals. Now I've seen all those build ups. Now I've heard all the talks, what people think and what my opinions are. So wrap up you can really have conversations. That's why you see it's a more laid back ride. We're in the sofas you know, we're in the comfy seats, and we're talking and really dissecting these games and our thoughts on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Especially if you're sitting in a hard chair for six hours. As always, you are officially now golden ticket status. You have the garage door opener, you know where the spare key is, and so anytime you want to come in and crashing this hour of chaos as we get the weekend prepped, you know you can.
Speaker 6: I like that. Thank you for that invitation. I'll be taking you up on that.
Speaker 3: Golden ticket status is yours, Bradley Wright Phillips. Once again, Analyst MLS Countdown, Analyst MLS three sixty, Analyst MLS wrap Up, Analyst MLS Season passed, Analyst s d H A M there. I went ahead and said it at it in to the business card, BWP as always, thanks for dropping by, my friend. We'll see you soon.
Speaker 6: I appreciate Joe, you're doing a great job.
Speaker 3: But I keep out, all right, uh see, because I know you're gonna come down and kick my ass sick, all right, see now, And Jason, Jason's gonna come in here in a little bit and he's gonna look at that lid that BWP had and he's gonna go respect you know, the he's got the he's got the cap much like Jason does when Jason's not wearing the straight you know, the straight lid U, the SDH lid. He's got the he's got the schoolboy lid going wherever, you know, wherever b WP was. But no, it's it's great to have b WP on. And like I said, like I told him, I said, look, you've got the garage door opener. Man, anytime that you want to drop in you can, so there you go. So it's it's a very very cool to get BWP in, to get Kevin in, to get Tyler Terren's in. Tyler came in three times in a week. He was that jacked about dropping by, and so you know, anytime that any and this is what I want to do when we don't have a guest at ten o'clock on a Friday, like BWP or or anybody like that. First off, it was kind of cool to see the interplay between Michael Parkers and I'm Bradley Wright Phillips. But I want to have a lot of different opinions as this is the last hour of the week here as we get you ready for everything going on in Major League soccer, not just necessarily at Landy United going up against the Purple Team this week, but in and around Major League Soccer on the whole. So the hour of chaos. Let it be the hour of chaos. Tyler comes in. He wants to talk about his game. Great, great, fine cool. BWP wants to talk about the league. Great fine, cool. Parky wants to come on late. He wants to talk about everything going on with Atlanta night cool. Glenn Davis wants to come in. He can come in perfectly fine. Glenn Crooks wants to come in perfectly fine. When they all walk in the door for the first time, they get the garage door opener. Literally it's right there for them and with them. Jessica Charman wants to come in. She can talk anybody. Anybody that's got the keys, they can come in and crash. Mike Grammaho. If you missed that interview that we had, like it's a chance to catch up with Mike Gramajo and find out what's going on with everything down there with the Purple team and speaking of Fridays and having the garage door opener, we bring in Bart Keeler. So yeah, as I mentioned the garage door opener in the Hour Chaos, I'm like, yeah, there's Bart, So what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Well, I commit bringing breaking news.
Speaker 3: John, you've broken news.
Speaker 2: I have not, but I am reporting from a report that NWSL has submitted an application to US Soccer to launch a Division two league starting in twenty twenty six, which John, if you look at a calendar, is next year. Yeah, next year. So this is really cool and I felt like our people should hear about this because I'm sure this will then also spark conversation of why don't they have one in Atlanta, which I'm sure will be fun to listen to.
Speaker 3: Okay, so please, there you go. Now now it's officially official.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. So eight existing NWSL clubs will field affiliated team for its inaugural season, should the plans be approved by us Soccer. Obviously, again, as we're learning with USL on the men's side, you do have to submit plans, but given that they are tied to the NWSL club and stadium, all eight teams which are AFC Kansas City Current, North Carolina Courage, New York, New Jersey, Gotham, Orlando Pride, Raising Louisville and Seattle Rain, and the Washington Spirit, all eight of those teams meet a super seed. By the way, the Division two requirement on the women's side, which is simply have six teams in your first year and need to be at five hundred thousand plus metro area in a two thousand plus stadium where all those teams meet. That So John, this for everyone following along, this is essentially going to be INWSL next pro.
Speaker 3: Okay, go for it.
Speaker 2: The goal is to have all of the sixteen NWSL teams have an affiliated team in this league. They will do a double round robin the first time around with playoffs at the end. So this is I think a good step for NWSL. But I think this is also a great way to open up a second vision, a second tier of player development in this country. We've seen recently obviously with USL Super League trying to create another Division one league, and then WPSL bringing a professional league at the D two level as well. This is just an evolving landscape for women's soccer that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: According to the documents obtained by CBS Sports, the application was filed on April one. Yeah file that dataway and six page letters signed by NWSL Commissioner Jessica Berman submitted to US Soccer CEO and Secretary General J. T. Batson. In the letter, Berman likens the proposed Division two league to the minor league baseball system, writing that it is quote imperative that NWSL creates a robust pipeline for world class athletes to fuel the explosive growth, meaning the existing Division one explosive growth. D two once again described as a transitional space between the college game and the professional game, one where young players can experience the quote technical, tactical, and mental demands say, I was trying to think of a T word that would you would go right up public speaking one oh one, so technical, tactical, and thought provoking. Maybe top flight soccer demand. So once again you mentioned the eight and playoffs at the end of the fourteen game regular season. Number one, place four, two place three winners get into a championship. League confirmed the proposal in a following statement to CBS Sports several sentences long. But they want to look forward to building a strong foundation for future generations of players, officials, coaches, and sure the continued advancement of the women's game. And so you mentioned the capacities that are there. All Division one teams expected to form an affiliated second tier within the first four years, a point in which the NWSL will have at least sixteen expansion teams in Boston and Denver having their inaugural seasons next year. Teams unaffiliated with the NWSL also be welcome. And as you mentioned, so this would be NWSL Next Pro, where we have in MLS Next Pro, the Carolina Cores, you have the Chattanooga FC's, you have those, And that is what they encouraged from the beginning, is that MLS Next pro wanted to have in addition to the Major League Soccer franchises, they wanted to have the independent ownership groups to have franchises to the grid. And that's what you've gotten so far. So the NWSL following in those footsteps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, this makes a lot of sense for a couple of reasons, John, and I'll but then I'll explain why this doesn't make sense for another reason.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of sense other than the fact it's next year.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think that's the issue, John, when you look at the fact that this is these are existing teams with stadiums that exist. You know, we're not We're not building something really new. It's just about filling a roster. And as I have said plenty of times, there's a lot of women's professional soccer talent in this country.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: But so from that say, it makes sense, right, there's there are people out there who want a shot, a legitimate shot, and deserve a legitimate shot at proving they can be perfect level and nw with cel level quality players, if that makes sense. Second reason this makes a lot of sense is we have seen, especially this year, a lot of chatter and obviously this goes back to what three years ago with Olivia Multie with a lot of teenagers who are good enough to play professionally needing to come to NWSL because they have just outgrown where they are currently and John, we see this in MLS Next Pro where there are a lot of teenagers who are out of the academy level. You know what I'm saying, they are better than that, they're not truly MLS ready, and I think we're seeing that as well with NWSL, where a lot of these players are brought up because well, she's good enough to be a professional, but maybe not full time. And the other reason is, well, craft we need to bring up a player because we've got a lot of injuries, and this reserve team essentially does provide them that. We obviously have seen that a few times with Atlanta United this year. Where it doesn't make sense is that NWSL teams do not have the academy structure that MLS and a lot of other professional leagues do. So obviously in the Premier League you have you know, your professional Premier League clubs, and then they have the U twenty one league that you know acts basically as a reserve league, but also kind of the for lack of a better term, minor league where you send a recovering star on there to make a recovery start.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think this is a strategic move from NWSL to provide clubs with a great way to kind of build out their roster without having to build out their roster. They're just doing it on a whole separate place. But I'm curious what this means for the league and if this was truly a response to the WPSL pro move. I don't think it was one, because WPSL no offense to Cherokee. It's a perfectly acceptable county that's not a big market, if you will, for a soccer team, that's not even to the extent of Rome or Gainesville or any or even Peachtree City. Again, no offense tove Cherokee. I'm not I'm not telling y'all, y'all don't matter. But that's not the market that you would expect for a truly professional team. So for NWSL to be looking at just creating second teams for their existing markets, I guess it gives a little bit more legitimacy to the club that they're going to be running and Hopefully they think that that means they'll get more people come try out who and their minds are more worthy of a full professional contract.
Speaker 3: Right uh. WPSL for those that may not have recalled, not there is no Division two Women's League. WPSL pro announced the plans just last week to launch D two. They were initially going to be D three, but then there launching is D two. You have to have a seven figure commitment on the books when you present your proposal to the WFL, and Georgia Impact is doing exactly that up in Cherokee County and Cleveland, I believe Cleveland Soccer, Cleveland Soccer group they were chasing after an NWSL group. They did not get it the NWSL approval, and so then they went to the WPSL route. And so that's where they're trying to build their soccer specific stadium and come online as a league starting in twenty twenty six, awaiting sanctioning from US Soccer. Once again, they would be Division two if both get the all clear, and so you would have multiple you'd have multiple leagues with the same divisional layout. And so we'll see what happens here as everything starts to head toward twenty six.
Speaker 2: It's also somewhat of an understanding of the landscape. Or you look at the USL Super League, which I do not think is rivaling INWSL in any way right now, but they do also have the USL League, which is somewhat of their minor league. It's pre professional Division III level. The number one takeaway John love the fact that we are getting more division to women's soccer. Obviously we had zero coming into this year and now we've added quite a bit. And I think that alone is great for the women's soccer professional period pyramid here in this country, because that is something that I think when you're looking at building the health of your professional leagues, you need to have something below them where people can come and either just play because they want to play, or possibly prove that they belong in the first division.
Speaker 3: All right, So it is the last half hour, and so that means that we go into weekend, whip around pat and pending trademark coming sooner hopefully rather than later, and we run through all of the other matchups and as folks come in in the hour of chaos, we discuss what is on everybody's mind. Yes, we know Atlanta is taking on the Purple team. We traditionally try to save that one for the last all your.
Speaker 2: Favorite Orlando Purple Team moment.
Speaker 3: John got to ask you, I think it's got to be Bendi face, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I think I think it has to be. Oh, by the way, uh MLS assignments match day ten. Going back to our conversation that we had with UH with Mark Geiger and UH, once again, I can't thank our friends at PRO for dialing us up with that particular Q and A session. There was one question that I left on the table that I will ask them next time, so UH, and that question is when PRO is called to the principal's office, who is the principal? That's what I want to know. So if if there are issues that a higher power feels need to be addressed with PRO, who is the principle and the principal's office, That's what I want to know. Who are they accountable to going up? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: It's a great question because again that that breakdown is you have prs A. Yes, Sorry to make sure I got that acronym right, professional reference p s R A professional Soccer Referee Association.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 2: P R s A is Public Relation Society. Yes, uh, that's the that's the I know. Uh anyway, p s A R is the union, right and then PRO is the assigning body, and so they work together, but they're not the same function, right And yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 3: PSR is there to benefit the officials that are engaged in PRO and propctivities. So who is so like when people are mad at PRO, who's where do they go for the principal.
Speaker 2: I would imagine it's MLS owners, to be quite honest, at least, that would be what I would imagine is that that that's the reviewing processes. You know, maybe not owners specifically, but you know what I mean. The MLS is competition people.
Speaker 3: The alternate, the alternate governor or whoever gets uh doctor bust into sitting into the zoom call. Basically all right, So here's our ref assignments and we'll go through all of these here before we get into the matchups this weekend. FC Cincinnati Sporting Kansas City at TQL. Alan Chapman is the man in the middle. Logan Brown, Gianny Fichini Thomas Snyder are downstairs. Photos. Bazakas and Craig Lowry are upstairs. Toronto FC and NYC. See we can't call him n YCFC anymore if the branding according of Tyler Terrence's NYC at Bemo, Pierre Lo Glazier is the man in the middle. Gerard carderre lebuill oscar Mitchell, Carvallo and Mario al Ayas are your folks new stairs. Kevin Stotton, Tom Supple are upstairs for this one. Red Bulls and CF Montreal at SI Stadium. Torrey Penso is in the middle. Kyle Atkins, Brook Mayo, Luis Diego Arroyo or downstairs. Caroline Schnard and Jonathan Johnson are upstairs. Philadelphia and d C. Rubiol Vasquez is the man in the middle. Ian McKay, Megan Mullen, Lorenzo Hernandez are downstairs. At JC. Rivero Mike camp Miner are upstairs. Purple Team and Atlanta United. Marcus di' olivera is the man in the middle. Andrew Bigelow, Tyler, why Rostik, Matt Thompson or downstairs. Edvon Jurissevich and Joseph Batco are upstairs. Charlotte and the Revs Victor Revos is the man in the middle. Ryan Graves and Jason White, Sergei Boyko downstairs. Soren Steutschka and Mike camp Miner, who is doing the daily double, is upstairs. Crewe in San Jose, Guido Gonzalez Junior is the man in the middle. Jeffrey Greese and Justin Howard, Colin Rodisov are downstairs. Kevin Terry Junior and Craig Lowry are upstairs. San Diego rsl at snap Dragon. Ricardo Fieriro is the man in the middle. Michael Barwagon, Eduardo Jeff and Elvis Osmanovich are downstairs. Vin Yes, Kevin Stott and Jeff Muschik are upstairs, sir, Yes, No, sorry, oh, I thought I thought there was a there was a reaction to that particular crew, and I'm like, wait minute, Ricardo Fierro, You're like, eh, uh, well interested.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's one of the newer referees. So that's yes, that is that is true.
Speaker 3: And on those guys, Yes, Copatee Has Houston and Austin Chris Penso is the man in the middle. Corey Parker, Catherine nesbut Ottoai Munroy are downstairs. Unis Marocchi Jonathan Johnson are upstairs. Nashville and Chicago, Rossendo Mendoza Man in the middle, while Heatherly, Diego Blass, Nolbil Ben Salah are downstairs. Michael Radchuck and Tom Felice are upstairs. Colorado and Seattle, along with the Rabid Prairie Dogs in Commerce City, Colorado, Alexis da Silva is the man in the middle. Corey Richardson, Jose de Silva, John Matto are down are Upstairs are downstairs. Caroline Schernard, Fabio Tovar are downstairs. Sunday, Drew Fisher has Minnesota and Vancouver. Chris Elliott, Ben Pilgrim and Serge Demon Chuck are downstairs. Photos Bazakas Robert Schapper upstairs, Messy and Friends in FCD, Lucas Sapala Man in the Middle, Cameron Blanchard, Nick Yuranga, Sergi Boiko are downstairs. Armon be a Real, Craig Lowry are upstairs. Jayra Marufo has La and Saint Louis City. Sc Corey Rockill, Adam Garner and Joe Dickerson are downstairs. Daniel Radford, Fabio Tovar are upstairs. Lag and the Timbers, Philip Duyach is the man in the middle of Felicia Marisko, Chris Bawi, you're downstairs, AVENGERI Savitch, Robert shapp are upstairs. Any of those assignments stick out to you for imbalance or advantage?
Speaker 2: Uh, well, I will say I think giving Chris Penzo the Dynamo Austin match is a little bit interesting only because no offense to Chris. But I would have expected someone a little bit more navigable, yeah, to get a rivalry match like that. Uh huh So, honestly, like, I feel like duych would have been a good assignment for that one, just because he does call a lot of fouls and that's what you need in a game that's going to probably lead to people being very stupid, but we'll see. I mean, Penzil is obviously a very experienced referee, but yeah, a little bit interesting. I mean there are some there are some assignments that Rubio Vazquaz with Philly and then Weedo Gonzales Junior with Cruz San Jose. I know that probably make more sense maybe from standings, but I just feel like, you know, you got an actual rivalry match in Copetejas even put someone a little bit more navigable reading the room. Yeah, you having someone who can read the room not stuck in their ways.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jared's now joining us here as we go through weekend whip around and our juice boxes. Jarrett, your timing is impeccable. Okay, two thirty FC Cincinnati and Sporting FC Cincinnati is a minus one sixty one, Sporting a plus four h seven. Do I need to go any further?
Speaker 5: I don't know if you need to go further, But like Sporting has been getting the dead cat bounce out of this yeah, and played a drunk ass game last week, Cincinnati's just kind of still waiting for the engine to turn over offensively. But what they're doing differently than some clubs that we will not name is that they are keeping the ball out of the net consistently. Yes, which is ironic because when they played that club we will not talk about right now, they gave up two goals in the process. But they've been very good at keeping teams out of the net and keeping that big zero on the board, which, hey man, a lot of people got pissed when Frank the board wanted to play that way. Bet y'all missed that shit now, don't you.
Speaker 3: There's the E rating for the day out. A boy, he's in here for like three minutes, ready to go? All right, So bart de FC Cincinnati Sporting.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm just glad that Sporting continues to exist, and I'm proud of them for continuing that.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a truck on them for actually getting rid of their manager when a year and.
Speaker 5: A half ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think Sporting is I'm sad we don't have them on the schedule this year. Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 5: I'm jod nervous about it now.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's true. But since he since he's also one of those teams that, when you look at the league overall, somehow feel like they're underperforming but aren't, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that doesn't.
Speaker 2: Click at Charlotte's on top, and I didn't expect that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm still like, man, I've been I've been trying to I'm still trying to be careful about how I talk about Charlotte because I am impressed with them on one hand, and kind of like Minnesota, I don't know if it works in the playoffs, pet bl might be your front runner for MVP, and he deserves his flowers. They god forbid they go on the road though in the playoffs, because they've been horrendous on the road this year. They've been outstanding at home. Yeah, they've also played a lot of games where they have not looked like the better team except for like a ten minute stretch.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mmmm.
Speaker 3: So it's not wrong. Yeah, so you guys are saying, so Bart staring at the draw out of plus three oh nine, I think is what he's staring at.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Yes, but since these problems, I don't They just don't score enough slash create enough chances. That's been their biggest kind of issue. And so if you're playing a team like Sporting that is climbing out of a hole, if that's the way you want to put it, I don't know. I would put my money on sincey yes, I would put the I would put the whoppers Robin Eggs on since since we yes.
Speaker 5: Go through there you go you want, you want a player who would have been a fun pick up at the deadline for a team if if if Kansas City had stayed dead, they've kind of crawled. They've they've pushed the hand out of the grave. Now it's a matter they take themselves out and they get pushed back down. Daniel Shallowe would have been a very fun pick up for a lot of teams to clear in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Wow, Daniel to actually make a move that benefited the team. But yeah, not just Atlanta.
Speaker 5: A lot of teams could have used Daniel Shallowy. This isn't just like an Atlanta thing. This is like a Daniel Shallowie has just been like a steady little source of productivity on left wing for them.
Speaker 6: For a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, including their bad years, he's been pretty Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not putting up. He's not always gonna put up double digit goals and assists, but he just goes out there and produces. Speaking of fort of former Kansas City players, though Johnny Russell is going to RSL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd have taken him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you Perna the reason Johnny Russell's a bit of a ship kicker. I'd have taken it.
Speaker 3: Oh Man Uh Toronto hosting NYC. Toronto's a plus one fifty draws a plus two twenty seven barred NYC is a plus one to eighty one on.
Speaker 2: Them whatever you want, don't put your money on Toronto, draw or NYC. Don't put your money on Toronto ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a good look, Jared.
Speaker 5: Don't trust Toronto. I still don't know if Robin Fraser is a great manager. And again I've said this every week. I'll continue to say it. We won't know if he's a great manager because he managing Toronto or Toronto's kind of a mess.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's true.
Speaker 5: Apparently very apparently falls. I think he's I genuinely think he's going to fall into the Chris Armis category, which is I don't know that I've ever heard anyone have a crossroad to say about Chris Armis, Like he's very well thought of as a person. Yeah, no one really knew how good of a manager he was because when Toronto brought him in, that roster wasn't built to play style. And now he's flourishing in Colorado. God bless him. I'm in Fraser seems like a very good guy.
Speaker 6: I don't know how good he is.
Speaker 3: Red fuls Jared minus one twenty hosting CF Montreal to plus three fifty three.
Speaker 5: Redble hitting perfect by any means, like they've had some really dirty performances.
Speaker 3: Yes, they have dirt.
Speaker 2: I'd like to know the money line for Montreal to score.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, Well that would be I would take the.
Speaker 2: Over under a Montreal one a point five and go under even you know.
Speaker 3: All right, so your your your numbers.
Speaker 5: By the way, John can't pull this right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's it's I'm sitting here and looking at like match facts and things like that and head to head and all that kind of stuff. So you're total your total total. Basically this is over under total. So this is both teams to score. Here we go. Here's what you're hunting for both teams to score. Yes, is anywhere from a minus one ten to a minus one twenty eight. No, both teams to score anywhere from the same margin one oh eight to one twenty two. So uh, slightly less in the juice boxes for both teams to score, the answer being no, but you can get a I was gone down to one twenty eight and the highest number.
Speaker 2: I would say that New York. I know this isn't the point, but I would say, like to nothing New York, Okay, Like I would put more money on New York to score multiple goals in Montreal to score one.
Speaker 3: There you go, Uh Philadelphia Union d C United Jarrett Unions of minus one thirty seven. D C's a plus three thirty four.
Speaker 5: Oh it's the Union. DC is in a full motory build man, Like, there's a reason they gave you a tash click and or paying for him.
Speaker 2: That's that was and yet the same amount of points as us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's and that there in there in lives the problem or one of them for their how many for one of them? For there are many, but they're in. They're in a full motory build man, like they're Their philosophy right now is how do we get the ball to Christian man.
Speaker 3: Teke kind of like Charlotte with Zaha, Chris go run.
Speaker 5: Wait, why would you get to Saha right now?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, the the thing with Charlotte right now is get the ball to pet b l and let him do shit. The matter the how does that matter right now? Is a hostake and an average shot from outside the box, Like that's his average shooting distance. You have a bull moose for a striker. You have a inconsistent talented right winger in le Albata, who's a youth national team player for Israel.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Zaha gets fouled a lot and bitches about it constantly and seems to take himself out of the game. And the process is Charlotte runs through pet Bl. I could give a golden God day again about Wildah would not care less because no, it's not going through Wilfrid's a It's not. It's going through pet Bl. God blessing for it. He's been amazing. He's still on loan. They haven't even locked him down. God, you better lock him down, Charlotte, because you know somebody else will.
Speaker 3: Yes. And speaking of which they're minus one thirty three hosting the ReBs, he is.
Speaker 5: We're speaking, we're speaking ill of people who were tied on the table or above us or below us, because nobody's perfect. Everyone is prone in MLS, well, Jared is speaking ill and find themselves on the floor next to a decade.
Speaker 2: Jared is speaking ill of Wilfrid Zaha. You need to be very that's he's not saying. Charlotte is a damn good player, but he has not been correct but.
Speaker 5: On fire.
Speaker 3: Right. And we are speaking of DC because they because they're d C, because they.
Speaker 5: Punted on the season. Yeah, they got the same points as US. That's an US problem. That's not a d C problem, that's Money United problem.
Speaker 2: D C at nine points is the expected.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, So I'm still pissed off at a lot of people who decide who like wanted to go after Noah Cobb when he got skied last year in that hat trick game. Uh from Christian Bentech and is if Christian bent Teke did not lead the known universe and aerial duels won.
Speaker 3: Yes, this and every other planet in this solar system.
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: I mean name a center back who hasn't got mosta Yes, people were good.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I don't know if Noah Cobb's that guy you got beat by Benekey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Noah Coaba is not that guy to beat Beneke in an arial du correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know.
Speaker 5: Honestly what they did to really kind of put Teke under wraps and they go back and watch the League Cup gameracket they put no, they put fram Morales on him. Yeah, and fram Morales just basically beat him with a tire iron the entire time. Remember the goals you gave up in that game were freaking Galazzo by DC and then Josh Cohen rolling the ball to d C.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you match Spentech.
Speaker 5: Morales beat him with a tire iron for ninety minutes, which is how you have to play him. Yeah, you do, because he's such a physical presence with such an immense control and position.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And if Charlotte, if that Dean Smith doesn't want Patrick Godjimong, I know a lot of teams that would. Yeah, So yeah, I hope they want it.
Speaker 5: My whole thing I'm not. This isn't me dumping on Zaha. It's saying he's a bad player. He's a great player. This is me saying Charlotte has been doing all this called wolfrid. Zaha not really doing what I think they expected, what everyone expected of him, Like he scored that goal against Atlanta on like basically a putback and everyone at MLS Digital lost their ever loving minds and tried to like coordinate him that day. Hasn't really he's produced. I think he's been very good off the ball with his gravity and his movement. He's gonna draw fouls and get you in good positions, but he hasn't carried them. Honestly, It kind of makes them scary in that regard. I'm still a little nervous because I need them to go show me something on the road. But that's a me problem.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, So we got to get through nine other matches before we talk about Atlanta in the Purple team, Okay, Bart, crew in the earthquakes creuse a minus two awake quakes or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would San Jose's good. San Jose is fun, but crews, that's my money. I would put the Reces eggs.
Speaker 3: On the crew.
Speaker 5: I agree completely with what Bart said it San Jose it's fun. Yes, as Jason got pussy with me last week about you know, Saint Jose basically lead the league in all of the offensive categories that should lead to goals. But when we say, when I say that about Atlanta in the past, I get shouted down.
Speaker 2: But point seven expected goals for eighteen point what expected goals against? They're fun?
Speaker 7: You better have that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have.
Speaker 5: You have a Wrongo strike and you have Joseph coming off the bench in spots starting and you're not asking him to run twenty five miles anymore, which he seems to have adapted to, which God blessed Like, Yeah, they're fun, but also the crew are just the crew, and there's almost like there's something like, you know, galactic empire about them that is both fun but also kind of depressing. Right, Oh my god, the inevitability is just gonna crush me.
Speaker 3: Yep, so Jared San Diego FC hosting RSL to minus one thirty five Bart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and RSL was without Diego Luna, So why even watching them?
Speaker 8: Well, they were scinded the red Oh that's right, because Pro screwed up because it was incondubious that he got it in the beginning with I think he was again, both of those guys should have got a card, right, card was upheld because apparently couldn't find an angle that didn't show.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Still san Diego at home, Yeah, they've proven to be pretty good.
Speaker 3: Uh, Copete has Bart Houston a plus one ten hosting Austin at A plus two fifty.
Speaker 2: I weirdly am gonna take Austin. I would put my full money on Austin. Houston is still I don't like talk about it. Disappointed they Yeah, I'm gonna make this statement. I think Houston is way more disappointing this year than Atlanta. Because Houston had a good last year, like actually good, showed improvement, did things. Now, there are some transfers that they made or that happened that maybe dropped their floor a lot. But I think a lot of people are expecting Houston to be where Austin is in the table and they're not. So I'm putting I would put my full money on Austin.
Speaker 5: Jared, I don't believe in either one of these teams. I guess I believe in Austin a little.
Speaker 3: Bit more, believe in Houston a little bit less.
Speaker 2: I do believe in and Brad Stuver, and I do think that is one of those things where I think he he and there are a couple of goalkeepers in this league who actively make their team better, and Stuver is one of those. The only reason Charlotte is as good as they are is because Christian Collina the Atlanta in the first.
Speaker 5: Half, Christian Kalina consisted like the day Christian Klina starts to slip is the day it's dark and Charlotte real.
Speaker 2: Quick, listen, Charlotte, you'rreven goals against on the season, right, you know what they're expected goals against us thirteen point one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a stick the goal difference. Yeah, he's been a muted for years. Like that's just that's just what he's been.
Speaker 2: He has become the new Andre Blake. Not that Andrea Blake is bad, but Andre Blake was the dude who was the reason a lot of times Philly wasn't given up all the goals they probably should have been given up.
Speaker 5: Christian, we've taken that this and see what you're getting into.
Speaker 6: Bart is.
Speaker 5: One of my things that makes me nervous about Charlotte is that they play more defensive, They sit more and they'll play you on the.
Speaker 2: Counters m They still give them a lot of chances.
Speaker 5: Yes, that they play defensive, but they're still giving up chances. Now, you can talk whatever trash you want when you know Christian Cleana as you should is in my opinion, because if we had Christian Kleina, I would be letting everyone in their mother know. That's how I would introduce myself on the phone. Yeah, live in the city where Christian Kleina is saving everything under the sun. But if he's not saving everything under the sun, it gets weird. It's really weird. Brett Stuver is going to end up in basically whatever this soccer goalkeeper equivalent to PTSD treatment is. Though, Like you know those soldiers in World War One who were like at the Psalm or at Vert Dunn where they were just getting shelled for months on end, Like it's just the sound of shells hitting the ground for months on in and it was a constant day and night. That's gonna be Brad Steuver because he's been in a firing range since Austin started. Like he's like leading the known universe and saves every year. He has to, though, because they're going to get forward, and they can give them a chance of even when they don't get forward. Lesson for it. But like I want one day for Brad Stubt and not have to do something because I feel like he should be able to do the thanos and look out on the grateful universe.
Speaker 2: And rest mm hm, this might be a good year for it. Who knows Austin is doing things. So I again, my money's on Austin because I have more players there than I believe can be good.
Speaker 5: I'm with you that I'm disappointed with Houston'm disappointed with all of Texas. I thought Dallas would click better, and a lot of that as Peter Mussa being great and Lucho Costa is not really clicking yet. I thought Dallas would be better than they are too.
Speaker 3: Nashville and Chicago Jared Nashville to minus one eleven, Chicago north of plus three hundred.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 5: I believe in three g I believe once again that Greg Burrhalter might have been a good not great national team coach, like still stuck to thorn in Mexico's eye repeatedly, which is funny. Went to the World Cup and tried to play and did successfully at times. It wasn't perfect. There were plenty of issues. I think you've seen a lot more national team managers than Greg, and I think he's a much better club manager.
Speaker 6: And my.
Speaker 5: I still firmly hope that he wins a trophy this year. Don't know what trophy would be. I hope he wins a trophy this year with Chicago because it would burn down US Soccer Twitter and I want to see it.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the Burholter Derby. I mean, you've got Greg and you've got BJ. I am gonna go with the draw.
Speaker 3: Okay, draw is a plus two to fifty six. So bart Colorado hosting Seattle juice boxers threw a blanket over the whole thing. Basically, it's a plus one sixty five. Either side draws a plus two twenty nine, so they don't even know.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know either. Because Seattle is underperforming. I think it's fair to say Colorado is I think wants to be good, but haven't been good, have been above average. I would go with I'm gonna go with Colorado at.
Speaker 5: Home, Colorado at home, go look at go look at just about any Colorado home game, and you'll see you very You'll notice it in like the sixty fifth minute. Watch the watch the way the game shifts in like the sixty fifth minute, just because it gets to that point where you can't breathe anymoreocating.
Speaker 2: Literal sea level.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, so you've got that. Sunday Minnesota United Vancouver, Minnesota United, JAREDI minus one oh two, Vancouver a plus two seventy eight, coming off of their win last night, and I don't think they care.
Speaker 5: Give me Minnesota, I don't like. Okay, this is some of this is stylistic. Some of this is me being a little bitchy and stylistic about things and kind of in a mood. As it stands, Minnesota might set the record for lowest average possession MLS. I know that people are a possession of verse almost at this point because of the way Atlanta has played since what's check the notes of twenty twenty, where like we've talked about dominating possession, Minnesota has the ball, Like they played a game this year where they had the ball like twenty nine percent of the time.
Speaker 3: No care, I man, I.
Speaker 5: That ish will put me to sleep. Man, Yeah, I get you can play out on the counter. That's great. I'm still curious how Julian greslol fits out there. Just because you're a team that's being at you're gonna be asked to defend over sixty percent of the time. And he's not a defensive player.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: When he gets out on the counter, yeah, he's gonna he's gonna run, he's gonna hit early crosses, and that's gonna be incredibly dangerous asking him to defend sixty percent of the time. I don't know about that. I'm not one hundred percent solid on that because I've also watched two of the most reputable managers that have ever come through this league bench him in the playoffs when it mattered most mm hm. So you can call me a hater if you want to, But I also watch two of the best managers, two the more well regarded managers in this league bench him in the playoffs from more defensive security, and now he's going to a team that's gonna defend a lot. Still give me Minnesota in this because Vancouver played in the midweek and played an emotional game last night and just stuck Messi in the face with a skunk and it was great.
Speaker 3: And speaking of which, Messi and friends barn reminus one eighty two hosting FC Dallas at a plus four forty two. Is Messi mad?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm actually curious how this is going to set up, because yes, I think they're going to be mad, But I mean that travel from Vancouver midweek and a short midweek at that, yeah, man, you know, back to Miami. I'm interested to see how that plays for you know, the old guys. And that doesn't mean I think they'll lose. I'm just curious. I do think Miami is should be the favorite and will win, but I'm very curious how that works, because look, Miami had no business beating Columbus last week, no business whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Again, they got lucky, and.
Speaker 2: I'll give Columbus credit. They were They filled that stadium with a lot of Crew fans up and up and the city that has a repper that catches on fire. But sad baby, I will say this, I have enjoyed multiple trips to Cleveland. It is a very cute big city. Anyway, did not deserve to win that game. I'm wondering if karma was this midweek or if karma will stick with them for the Saturday or for the Sunday.
Speaker 3: That's my question, all right, Jared l a f C and All Caps. Lafc's minus one eighty nine Saint Louis.
Speaker 5: City All Caps LAFC still can't win.
Speaker 3: Plus four seventy five your draws a plus three twenty two las. I'm sorry, LAFC, I was thinking Galaxy, lay, I'm Carl, Yeah, LAFC. Sorry, I'm thinking Galaxy just because the Galaxy are like literally winning that. Oh my god, dude, Like to the point now where I'm like, I don't know if this is a precky poosh thing anymore, or if this is just a we need to get you, like in an MRI.
Speaker 5: Machine now kind of bad.
Speaker 3: Well give me give me l A C.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm not one hundred percent sold on l C. Yeah yeah, maybe maybe Olivia Cherue gets another goal. I I'm still absolutely floored that they were not made. He's not He was not slandered more by the Mothership for going this long without scoring a goal on MLS. I feel like any other team you bring in, like a known World Cup winning international striker and he goes this long without scoring, we would have been hearing about it every damn week on the wrap up show or on pregame or whatever, or on every podcast known to mankind that the league puts out. We never heard about it, while Olivia was just kind of strolling through the meadow whatever.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, I mean he is mister July on the calendar, I would imagine Lag a minus one oh five favored against Portland Timbers at a plus two forty two draws a plus two ninety two bart.
Speaker 2: False no Portland. That we just what Jared just said, copy paste sorry now Portland.
Speaker 3: So that gets us the matchup involving at Landy United in the Purple team, Purple teams of minus one thirty three draws A plus two seventy eight and at Landy United Jared plus three fifty five.
Speaker 6: I'm not like.
Speaker 5: This is kind of sound thefeatist and I don't want it to so whatever, take it for what it is. I'm not nearly as worried about the result this week as I am the fight. If you lose this to nil, but you come out, you throw some hips into people, you pick up a couple of cards, you get into a mass confrontation, you put shots on goal, and you have eleven.
Speaker 6: Guys who have each other's back.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to be happy, but I'm going to be less irate, if that makes sense, because, like I said Monday, the thing that bothers me right now and talked about this for Jason after the Tuesdame the other night, was how often it feels like they don't have each other's back when somebody makes a mistake. Like when Brookslynen dribbled into basically a giant bear trapped for the second goal, it didn't feel like anybody picked him up. It did not feel like whenever there's a mistake, they're picking each other up. Go watch the teams that are near the top of the table. When somebody makes a mistake, somebody else slides in to back them up, to pick them up, to carry each other. They work as a FAILINGX. Right now, it feels like it's not working as a FAILINGX. They're not picking each other up, they're not correcting each other's mistakes by being there to make sure that mistakes don't compound. I need to see that, need to see some togetherness in it. And like I said, you want to win in Orlando every damn time. It's a rivalry. Miss me with your non rivalry bullshit. However, However, right now, you're not in a position where it looks like you're gonna go get that. I would love to be wrong. Go show me fight, though, Go show me that you're going to play as a team. Go show me that you're gonna pick each other up, that you're gonna be fiery and under control, but also maybe stick a thorn in somebody's paul. Go show me that. Please, let's start with that and then work our way up. I'm not asking you to climb the mountain in one week, but I am asking you to put a foot on the mountain.
Speaker 2: Art Orlando is one of the most They are who we thought they are teams in the fact that they look three three wins, four draws, they marginally overperform both XG four and against, meaning they're gonna give you a very consistent performance and with a coach that's been there for what three four years now. My concern is Orlando is just a more stable soccer club right now than Atlanta United. And that is probably the greatest indictment of this team right now, is it. Orlando looks calm, cool and collected compared to Atlanta United. I'm with Jared though that I don't think we win. But you need to prove to me that all the things you keep telling us in the media are gonna come true. Because I sat here and listen to y'all last week. Tell me about how, oh this pre match press conference was great. Players were coming out and they were saying, they said all the right things, and what happened on Saturday night last Saturday night was shameful. So y'all need to stop talking and show the hell up. Prove to me you're ready to fight. Prove to me you're ready to battle for each other because y'all ain't done that yet this year, and it's it's very sad. As someone who pays a lot of money to watch this team week in and week out, that's all I'm asking for. Prove to me that I'm paying money for something worth watching.
Speaker 3: And that is another week here at SDH once again on Friday, the Hour of Chaos thanks to Bart who came in with breaking news. Bart came bearing breaking news on a Friday and so we had that to start things off here as well. And as always, it's great to catch up with Jarrett when Jarrett can come in and crash. Great to have Bradley Wright Phillips once again. Let me get the let me get the title description of the Multiple Business Card Analyst MLS Countdown Analyst MLS three sixty Analyst MLS wrap Up on MLS Season Pass. So we got to catch up with MLSBWP this morning and that was really cool. Oh yeah, I caught up with a BWP to start Hour number two. Had a little bit of a crossover with the BWP.
Speaker 6: I know you did that.
Speaker 5: Charlotte has news.
Speaker 3: Oh, Charlotte has news.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Charlotte has waived Ben Bender.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Ben Bender. Let me check our friends at MLS players and the salary guide, so we see what Ben Bender might have been bringing to the table here.
Speaker 5: So he was the number one pick a couple of years of their first year. But dude's been like a scrappy little sob since he got there.
Speaker 4: I've liked him.
Speaker 3: Yep. Central midfielder guaranteed compensation one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. So if anybody wishes to grab Ben Bender on a free I believe they can do so as long as he fits within their salary cap specifications and they don't have to wait for any time in the near future. So Ben Bender out the door. Obviously, that shows the thoughts that Dean Smith has about his midfield you know right now, and doesn't want the former number one pick out of Clemson. And so we will continue the Palace intrigue involving that Michael Parkhurst crossover with BWP or sorry Michael Parkers and a crossover with MLSBWP. Then it was Jared and it was Bart here on a Friday. So coming up to absolutely you did so top of the hour once again it is Soccer's in session. We catch up with Mike Pettett, the head coach at Callaway. On the boys and girls sides, We've got an interview with Chris Romano, the boys coach at I was about to say Orlando County. It was a Coney County girls team won last night on the air against Johnson Gainesville boys play today. We caught up with coach Romana before the matchup and we'll play that. We'll get your brackets ready, get you ready for day four of the high school playoffs. Here, soccer's in session. We're catching up with our friends at USC Upstate because they have a really interesting thing going on with their soccer program. That's going to be a tape piece that'll be out this weekend, in addition to everything else involving Atlanta United and Orlando City and the Purple Team that's going to be on ninety two nine in the Game of the Odyssey app at Lanta United two FC Cincinnati two that is on Sunday at two pregame show ahead of that here on the network as well for soccer down here at mixbore dot com and the mix Work app. Follow at Landy United and our coverage of the twos continues as well, and when we know where we're going to be in round number two. We will let you know for the GHSA playoffs, but that's going to come over the weekend in early next week. Any last thoughts on the week in the overall, we'll start with bart.
Speaker 2: Look, I think we have, as we the breaking news I brought in with, we have a very evolving in a good way. I think soccer landscape in this country. We owe it to our ourselves and to the sport to continue to support it and let's hope that we can continue to grow this game here as we head into twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty six, that's eight months. It's almost seven months away, Jared. Last thoughts on the week on the whole.
Speaker 5: For you, this is my once again my ann you'll reminder of you to go follow the Scottish Women's Professional League. The WPL just keeps throwing bangers every single year. Usually it's traditionally been a three horse race between Rangers, Celtic and Glasgow City. Last year Celtic won the title on the last day of the year in the last five minutes with the game winner. This season, as they do the split just like they do in the men's side, where they split the top. They split the twelve teams to a championship group and then a relegation group. With a couple of games left, Hibbs ear in a first place on sixty four points. Rangers are on sixty two, Glasgow City's on sixty one. The Celtic Hearts the Motherwell are just kind of down there, meandering. Celtic has not been good, which is kind of it's been weird, like a lot of what they did last year was really good with front Alonzo in charge. In front Alonzo leaves in the middle of the day, takes the job in Houston, doesn't stay with the Houston dash like just disappear years off the face of the earth. Still don't know what the actual blue hell happened in Houston. He's over in Spain now, I think. But they end up winning the league on the last day of the season. But they haven't been as good this year, sitting on fifty six points. But again, this league constantly produces insane end of the season situations. A couple of years ago. Two years ago, they went into decision day with Rangers, Glasgow City and Celtic all capable of winning it within two points of each other and Rangers won it in like the ninety third minute to seal the title. This year is Hiss on top, two point two points ahead and three teams separated by three points. Keep an eye on the SWPL. It's gonna get dumb and it's gonna be a lot of fun if you want to watch them.
Speaker 6: That's very likely.
Speaker 5: It's gonna come down to the last twenty minutes once again.
Speaker 3: Fran Alonzo, by the way, is Coachingliga Feminine Departiva la Caruna.
Speaker 5: That's where I have no idea what his damage was, but when he was in Houston, he took like a leave that they claimed was like medical and they were not very clear about it, and then he just never came back.
Speaker 3: Yep. Six months in hired three days before Christmas in twenty twenty three, left unspecified reasons June twenty second of twenty four on the first of October, parted ways November twenty five, Happy Thanksgiving, appointed manager of Lega F Club at Deportiva dela Caruno. So that's where fren Alonzo is right now. So that's your plans, that's your weekend. We've laid it all out for you. You know where you can go and watch things. You know where we're recommending you go watch things. Was a watch party for atlant United as well, so you can be a part of that as they take on the Purple Team this weekend. Everybody, please be safe as always, thanks for hanging out with us for another week here of SDHAM. And because it is Friday, it's time to put a bow on things, which means we get one message to you to wrap up the week. Mich of plot y'all played, say here's your message. We'll catch up with you soon.
Speaker 9: Oh the keys the typewriter had sharp points to keep sticking into our fingers. The dictating equipment started asking us questions and our papers sent electric shocks just threw our.
Speaker 1: Body like a candle brod out in the warehouse. The trucks kept banging into the docks, not even thinking about stopping. Our frail bodies were strapped.
Speaker 9: To the chairs and our chairs were chained to the desks. Our please for justice were ignored, and the.
Speaker 5: End seemed near.
Speaker 1: But we busted our slave drivers, little bitty balls we've charged high their breakft us the streets. Our hearsby guys Yetts from Day Heyday