Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following program is sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content. Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders and targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's nutritional Science today right here, right now.
Speaker 3: Happy Saturday. Jerry Hicky here for Invite Health. If you don't know me, my background is very strong in pharmacy and nutrition. I'm a licensed pharmacist and I took the Certified Clinical Nutritionist course so decades ago. But that's only a start. Let me tell you any courses just to start other than pharmacy. In pharmacy, you really learn your stuff. You better you're coming out to spensing drugs in any event. I have a group of friends who are pharmacists. One of them is my LAMB partner, Chris from a Saint John's University. Great guy, real nice guy. And I met them down on the dock in Northport on Monday and we spent about three hours together chatting and we had a great time. And lo and behold, so many of these guys had back problems and neck problems, and it's so common, and I really don't address it often enough. So I want to start out in this first segment discussing nutrients that truly have a benefit. They're very relevant for back paint and neck paint, cervical spine. My wife has a friend who was doing this weird exercise course at a gym and she was lifting weights behind her neck, which I never recommend, foolishness on the court on the part of trainers to do that, and she wound up compressing and damaging her service spine in the neck, and now she has cervical migraines and it's just like horrible for her. It's just horrible. It's destroying her life, and there's not a lot of ways to help that. So we didn't touch on I only offer nutritional advice when people ask me. I don't push it on people. So these pharmacists who know their stuff, we're asking me about nutritional device advice because I know that stuff. And I spoke about collagen and there's a reason for that your spine, including in your neck and your lower spine, et cetera. You know where the sciatica comes out of and the second eliac syndromeno that comes out of that's the lower spot. It's made out of collagen. Collagen is the number two ingredient in the human body. The number one ingredient is water. Number two is collagen. About thirty five percent of you is collagen, up to thirty five percent depending on your weight. And the thing is that you make lets collagen every decade and eventually that comes back and really affects your health. That really bites you in the health aspects of your life. So your spine is made out of collagen. So let me tell you some of the parts of the body made out of collagen. Your hair. Your hair will look fuller as you grow older and it'll behave better. You know, your hear it gets kind of wiry and unruly. As you grow older, it'll look thicker and will if you take collagen because the collagen content and your hair has dropped about ten or fifteen percent, and it looks different. It looks like you have less hair. Your nails will grow. Your nails mostly collagen, and your skin will absolutely look better. In fact, the collagens we have, we have two different collagens, and I'll go into that. They've been used in so many skin studies for damaged skin, for burnt skin so severely demonskinted sun damaged skin, and just older skin, and it's been incredibly beneficial for the health of the skin because of course your skin is techning from the 's environment, right and for the luckier skin, I mean a tremendous drop in the incidence of wrinkles and discolorations, and you're retaining the moisture in your skin. It's hydrated better because the h auronic acid that's in your skin is held into place by collagen. So if you don't have collagen, you can't hold any moisture into your skin, and it gets that kind of rough look like that paper thins didn't look so hareskin announce collagen bone. When people come in and talk to me about, hey, I want to build bone, they're surprised when I tell them collagen because about thirty percent excuse me, thirty six percent of your bone is made out of collagen thirty six percent. And that's really important because that's where the minerals attached to so your your skin starts out as these really fine interwoven cables of collagen. And that's really good because collagen has this like triple helix stras sure, and it makes it bendable and it's able to absorb shocks. So that's an important point. One of the reasons why your bones get more fragile as you grow older is you have less collagen. They become kind of crispy or stiffer, and it's easier to snap them. So you need the collagen. So if you fall down and you hit your arm on the sidewalk, it absorbs the shock. It bends with the shock, just like a bridge has to sway the wind, and you don't break your arm or you don't chip a bone. So you need the collagen to help you even fracture it. But you also need collagen for a place for the minerals, especially calcium, to dock. Your bone is about thirty five percent calcium, it's about thirty six percent collagen. That thirty five percent calcium would have nowhere to go if you didn't have the collagen. So your bones are really dependent on collagen. So it's not just about drugs like Fosamax, which is a lindronate. It's not just about exercise. It's not just about coucimin and vitamin D. You need collagen to build a bone, and you need collagen the repair bone. And when does that become important? And women probably in their forties, but you know, you skin a look a lot better too. I mean it'll just look a lot younger and just nice. Your joints. Your joints. The cartilage in your joints. The cartilage protects the bone the end of the bones, like in your knee, So there's cartilage on the end of the bones and it's just really slippery stuff so that there's no friction. So you could be in your knee without it wearing down and shipping away. So when you have ostroborthritis and the knee the most common kind of arthritis by far, it's not just the cartilage has worn down. The bones are actually chipping together and the bones are broken down. There's shards of stuff in there and very painful. You feel like there's glass or sand in your bones and your joints. They should say, so the cartilage is mostly made up of collagen sixty seven percent and the glucosamine and chondroyten attached to the collagen. So it's interesting people, it's taking gluecusmon and kondruyten without taking collagen. It's like taking calcium without collagen. They have nowhere to go, so you need the collagen for that. But let's talk about the spine, because my friends spoke to me about their spines, and it's really important to address that. Your spine bone has to be separated. See, you could bend over and twist and turn, et cetera. So you have these separate bones called spinal vertebrae, and each one of them has to be held into place by joints. And the joints that hold your spinal bones in place are called facet joints. They're mostly made out of collagen. It's mostly collagen, and in the spinal bone itself, the spinal vertebrae is basically collagen and minerals. It's mostly collagen. And then there's disks in between them, kind of like little kind of fleshy balloons in between them that separate the discs so they're not mashing together. Otherwise you have because the discs will struck to mash onto the nerves going through the spine. All your nerves are going through the spine and it'll be very painful. While the disks are made out of collagen and water, I mean, that's what they're made out of. So when you take collagen, you're doing a tremendous amount for your body. And it's really important because by the time you're fifty, you've lost about I don't know, pretty high amount of collagen. Let me do the math real quick. By the time you're fifty, you've lost about thirty five percent of your collagen. It's a big deal because that's really going to affect your bulinge, your easy skin here and nails, and your spine. So collagen now invite has to collagens and they've been used in many human clinical trials by the University of Buffalo and the Mayo Clinic all over the place, all over Europe, Japan, Brazil. They did studies on our collagen in Brazil for skin health, you know, because the women want to look beautiful and all that and men want to look really strong. They've done studies in South Korea on skin health with our collagen. So our collegent has been studied in Germany and Italy and all over the place right, And it really does help make bone stronger. It really does help with joint pain, It really does help with the health of the spine and your skin hearing. There's no doubt about it. You know, even your brain is partially made out of collagen. When they gave all the people collagen, they were rebuilding key parts of the brain that were involved with intelligence and memory. Because if collagen is going down in your body, there's less collagen, and collagen is the number two ingredient in the human body. It just stands the reason that your brain's going to have a big collagen content. And when they gave people collagen and they were doing these functional MRIs, these powerful imaging studies of the brain, they saw that parts of the brain like the hypothalamus and the hippocampus were regrowing, and you were better able to control your hormones, and you were better able to think and remember all these really important aspects of memory and knowing where you are in all the on certain organs like the dentate iris and the in torontal cortex and the hippocampus, and they were just flourishing on the collagen. So collagen is a great deal. Now we have two collagens. The one that would be better for pain like the neck and the spine or your joints would be collagen HX. The one that would be better for rebuilding like your skin, hair and nails would be the collage x HA. So you can just ask on nutritionists we have nutritionness on here in seven days a week, which one is better for me? Now, don't get me wrong, they both rebuild and they're both good for pain. It's just that I think the invite collagen HX would be better for pain, more suitable for arthritis or spinal stiffness, et cetera, and the College x H by doctor Pressman is probably better for your skin here and nails. Okay, let's go to a break, and when we come back, I'm going to talk about something that I give to people all the time for neck pain and back pain and arthritis pain, but it's also amazing for your brain. Jerry Hicky Invite Health, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and health. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier for today's featured product specials. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Don't wait. Call now to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings. Don't wait. Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hun hundred and six three two zero five seven to two. Or go to invite health dot com.
Speaker 3: Oh, welcome back here, you're here you Invite Health. By the way, while I do this program, I sip on a cup of green tea, and there's a reason for that. Even though there are stimulant type substances in there, like caffeine related substances, green tea also has elthianine Althenine is this amino acid that works on its own that's very soothing and calming, and it helps you be focused and it helps you creativity. That's why a lot of these Buddhist monks sip green tea when they're doing deep meditation because it actually helps you focus. It's pretty cool, it tastes great, and you have powerful antioxidants in green tea that really seem to reduce the risk of certain cancers, more than likely colon cancer, because it reduces the risk of developing polyps, even in people with familial ad nomacious polypsosis. Those are families where people create polyps. Now I'm going off topic here, but you know what, I'm going to add the green tea capsules and the green tea liquid to today's specials because Hey, I'm sipping my green tea and I take a green tea capsule every day because it's equal to about three cups of green tea. You want the equivalent of about four cups of green tea every day to really help protect your heart and really help lower to risk of cancer. So it is evidence that at lowers the risk of colon cancer by helping prevent polyp production in families where people are problem to developing polyps. It helps lower the risk of breast cancer to a degree. It helps load the risk of prostate cancer. I really am convinced of those three cancers. It also helps reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack, according to Yale University Medical School at Harvard University Medical School. So you know, and I have some confidence in those people. Tell me at Green Tea HX and TX to my list here, we have very super high qualtity, green tea, super high quality. So every day I'm drinking to Green Tea, but I take a Green Tea capsule just to make my life easy. Yeah, I don't. I wind up not brewing green tea frequently enough, I'm drinking enough of it. So I just you know, I'll brew a cup and then I take a caps and it's like having four cups of green tea. Okay, let's get back to the spine. Bio Circumen five lox and are incredible for pain. Now. I use them in conjunction with a different supplement for nerve pain, and I use them alone for tendinitis, tendinopathies and UH problems with ligaments. And I used it. I used them. I use the product also all the time for arthritis, and it could be any kind of arthritis. There's like a hundred different types of arthritis. Some of them I haven't even heard of. But there's like ankulosing spondylitis in the spine, and rheumatoid arthritis which is very crippling and disfiguring of your joints. And then the most common one is osteoarthritis. You've probably heard of all of those. Well, anti arthritis, there's siatric arthritis, lupus arthritis, those are almost com forms of arthritis. Anti arthritis. You can add buier curcument five locks into your drugs safely and get better effect, better treatment, better value, better benefit. Or for a more minor arthritis like osteoarthritis, you could take the biocurricumin five lox in on its own and it's great for arthritis. I probably have one hundred testimonials of people who had arthritis that really got a great deal of pain reduction and a great benefit to their ability to use the joint to bend the joint from the bio curcumin five loxin. So I've had people come in who are on some powerful drugs, and the next layer of drugs is a little more risky with certain types of authritis. I say, well, before you go to that next drug, if your doctor fields you have time, try adding to bio curcumin five locks into your current treatment and see if that's enough for your arthritis. Because kirkuban five loxin are powerful anti pain herbs, natural herbs that are really clean and fresh, and they're powerful anti inflammatory agents. In fact, Toughts University and Johns Hopkins too have done reviews like Johns Hopkins reviewed our buyer kirkumen and the five loxin and I'll tell you what those stand for in a minute. They're trade names of two orbs, but the most powerful form of these twourbs and safe, very safe. And they found that these products work as well as drugs like Celebres, which is celaicoxib, the biggest selling arthritis drug in the world. They work as well as advil, they work as well as a leave. I mean, they really work incredibly well for arthritis kind of inflammatory pain. And generally I give people people with severe arthritis pain, I generally give them buy a curcument five lox and two capsules twice a day with food to get the pain under control. And then I tell them to try to drop into two capsules once a day with food once it's under control, and that generally works for people. Now I take to buy a curricument five locks in every day. I mean I could walk four or five miles without a problem. I could climb hills without a problem. I can ride my bike without a problem. I can bend my knees without a problem. In fact, I usually sit on a chair like on a on a bench in the lotus pose. I'm more comfortable like that than having my legs down that which is weird at the age of seventy. So in any event, but I used to buy a cirkanman five lox from my brain. Now there we know to buy a circument five long. Oh. Let first, let's say what they are. Biocurcumen is a well absorbed turmeric. Turmeric is a very valuable herb. It's the pigment in curry, it's the flavoring curry, it's the color and curry as a very valuable herb, but it's very poorly absorbed. So in the biocurcumen they reduce the particle size and you can absorb it and it works. A lot of it gets up to you. But it's not just that it's turmeric. It's very high in the principal ingredients and turmeric that are good for the brain and good for pain. So you can even use it for headaches, believe it or not. So it's a load of with curcumin and bis methoxy curcumen and aromatic turmeron and all those wonderful things that you find in the curry plant D D turmeric, And they get it from this big rut it's called a rhizome, and that's where they get this ingredient from. So the biocurcumen is absorbed. It's full of things like cercumen. It's like those ingredients and it and it really works. Now, the other ingredient is Frankinson's. It's Boswellia serrata and there's ingredients and Boswelia serrata calls Bozzwellns. And we took the most potent ones and we concentrate it down into something called five loxin, and five oxin represents the pathway that it inhibits. So if you look at biocurcumen, it inhibits mostly the cox two inflammatory pain pathway. And if you look at the five loxin, it inhibits mostly the five lapoxygenase inflammatory pathway. Now the fibal apocynase pathways involved with psoriasis and skin skin diseases. It's involved with cancer moving like metastasis or cancer. It's involved with asthma and lung inflammation, so I but it's also involved with arthritis pain. So when I give you these two nutrients, these two herbs, they're really deflating the pain and inflammation they see with arthritis. They're really coming at it from both sides. Drugs only come from one avenue, the cox two avenue. That's not enough. You'll have to also take care of a fivele opocionis pathway. And this really really really works for arthritis pain. It really works for authritis pain. But let's talk about the brain now, because both in both herbs are great for the brain. Both of them are good for your memory. Both of them reduce pain and inflammation in the brain. That's important. There's a there's a situation called inflam aging. As we grow older, key antioxidants decline and concentration and we become increasingly inflamed, which is bad because it breaks us down. It decays us. It kills our brain cells, It damages our heart, It damages our livering, kidneys and pancreas and everything else that ages our skin. So the inflammation is really bad and it's involved. It's a seed for all of these different diseases like cancer and heart disease, and strokes and heart attacks and Alzheimer's that you see in aging people and arthritis pain. So the biocurcumuin five oxen help replace these missing antioxidants all over your body, like in your pancreas and then your liver, and then your kidneys, and then your heart and in your brain because it's a very powerful antioxidant and it stops the inflammation that would others otherwise accelerate the aging process and really lead to things like fragility syndrome, frailty frailty syndrome, I should say fragility. So let's talk about the brain. Years ago, studies came out that the biocurcumen helps antidepressants work better. They looked at antidepressants like paxel and prozac, and they found out it didn't always work in older people, didn't always work in everybody. If they added the biocurcum in to the antidepressant. It was almost fool proof that it was going to really help depression. And a couple of studies have come out enforcing that finding since then. So when you duplicate findings, you prove something is real. Now, a new study came out in the past couple of weeks. It's in the journal Nutrients. That and overweight diabetics. Most diabetics are overweight, okay. In obese diabetics, caircumin lifts up their mood. It gets rid of depression, their proneum. Diabetics are prone to depression, and that's one reason why they even get heavier, because when you're depressed, you don't want to do anything, and you keep on eating. You eat all these comfort foods trying to raise your dopamine and serotonin levels in your brain. It just makes the diabetic board diabetes more dangerous. So they found out giving the biocurcumen to diabetics lifts their mood dramatically. It'll lift anybody's mood. There's been a number of studies that turmeric you probably know it as caircumen, lifts your memory for like the next six hours and help prevent your brain for getting fatigued when you're doing things like math, and it reduces brain inflammation. But I take it for a totally different reason. I don't have a problem with my memory, but I did have a problem with sleeping until recently. I started taking melotonin recently, and it's working like a charm. I take malotonin about a half an hour before I want to sleep, so I go to bed, I take the malotonin, I go to bed, and about twenty minutes later, a half an hour later, I fall into a deep, wonderful sleep for about six or seven hours. Otherwise I'm only sleeping four to five hours, So that's not good because sleep is a cycle. You go in and out of deep sleep and more moderate sleep, and different things are happening in the brain and to your bones and to your immune system. Oh, that's happening. You're repairing your digestive tract. You're building bone. You're moving your memories around, and your story and the memories anything you learned the day before is getting put away in files and kind of like drawers. When you're sleeping and then the future you can recall these events. That's called memory. But you're doing something else when you sleep. When you go into deep sleep it's called non rim sleep. You're releasing nerve growth factors that rebuild your brain, that actually create new brain cells. And it's very important for part of brain called the hippocampus where learning and memory. It's quite a learning and memory. So as we grow older, we release less and less of these nerve growth factors, like a well known one as brain derived neurotrophic factor. Young people splash out a lot of brain derived neurotrophic factor in their sleep and they can cre eight, believe it or not, six hundred new memory cells every night. So do the math. Between the age of zero and fifty, If you're building six hundred new memory cells every night, you basically replaced all of your original memory cells pretty much. The problem is it slows down in your forties, fifty sixties and beyond. When you do to biocurricumin five lox in five different human clinical trials, you generate more of these nerve growth factors, You release more of the brain derived neurotrophic factor. You're replacing more memory cells. Now this has an impact on your mood. See One of the ways that antidepressant drug works is to help replace the old depressed cells. It does that very very modestly, so the new cells that are born have never been tainted with depression. Now that's only a tiny bit of the way they work. They work mostly by releasing neurotransmitters like are aotonin and dopamine and are epinephrin. That's really how they work. But if the biocarcman works for depression by seating the brain to create a lot of new memory cells that have not been tainted by depression, and your mood clicks up. That's why it's good for mood. Your mood will improve, It'll click up many levels just taking biocurrictmind five loxin, even if you're taking it for your neck pain or your shoulder pain or your arthritis pain, because you can have a thritis in any joint. Now, the thing is, these new cells have also not been damaged by plaques, the plaques involved with dementia like Alzheimer's disease. So you're creating cognitive reserve. You're creating new memory cells that go on functioning even if you have some distressed brain that's clogged up with plaque that you see in Alzheimer's brains. You're creating new healthy memory cells that still function. So I take the Biocractmud five loxin by memory around just that's how we make a living. But there's something else about the Biocirriktman five blockxing. It is great for neck pain and back pain. It is incredible. So about half the people using Biocirricuman five locks are taking it for arthritis. The other half are pretty much taking it for neck and back pain. Okay, I have to go to a break. Cherry here can Invite Health. So far on special r our collagen products and our Biocircman five lotion. I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and health. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Don't wait, call now to get your buy one get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings. Don't wait, call right now today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail. Get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Or go to invitehealth dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, welcome back, Cherry heck you invite health. I have my wife taking krill oil. You know, my wife is an excellent person. And by the way, after this program, I'm going down to Main Street and East Northport. I want to buy my wife like either a like a sport jacket or address. I do that every couple of months. I'll love to treat my wife to a gift cause she's so good. I'm so I won the lottery when I met my wife. I want the lottery. But let's get back to this. I had my wife taking krill oil. I just had to keep on. I don't like to badger people about nutrition, I really don't, but it's my wife, and I said, you have to take fish oils, and finally she conceded and she's taking the krill oil and she loves it because they were easy to swallow, and she doesn't get fishburps. She didn't like fish fish oil capsules because most of them closed fishburps, right, and some of them are not so fresh you could smell that they kind of stale, they went ransid. So fish oil has a real effect on the heart. Now, my wife's father died when she was very young from a massive heart attack. And this is going back a long time ago, so we didn't know what caused heart attacks back then. They knew high blood person did, but they didn't know about all these other risk factors like cholesterol, etcetera back then, So who knows what triggered it. But we know the guy had essential hypertension. That we know, right, So I said to my wife, Listen, fish oils reduced the risk of sudden cardiac death. You don't need a second reason to take fish oil or krill oils because they're pretty much interchangeable. Krill oil is just a better experience of fish oil because it's it's fresher. Well, let's not say that, because if they treat the fish oils properly. They'll be fresh, but it's easy to swallow and you don't get fishburps. But there's other things in krill oil that are really important for your liver health, the function of the heart, the function of your muscles, and your brain and eyes. So we'll get into that a little bit. So sudden cardiac death, the heart stops beating and it doesn't resume, kills about three hundred and thirty thousand Americans every single year. There's no warning that we know of, it happens, and a minute later you're done. You're gone, unless you're sitting in a hospital with a bunch of cardiologists, or you're sitting in a and you're sitting in an ambulance. So that's not likely. Okay, So for the rest of us, like if we're on a train or we're taking a walk or something and we have our heart stops beating, we have heart seizure, we're done. It's not going to come back. So many dozens of studies show that eating fish or taking krill oil or taking fish oils protect you from sudden quadiac death. So literally there would be about one hundred and ten thousand fewer deaths in the United States each year from sudden quadiac death simply by taking fish oils. So to those one hundred and ten thousand people, that's a really important point. And that's just in one year, so over the course of a decade it saves over a million people. So here's a study that adds to that. It's data from over eighty five thousand people between the ages of forty to sixty nine. Not having enough fish oils increases your risk of dying from any cause, whether it's a digestive problem, suicide. It all makes sense. Believe me, if you don't how fishiols work. An accident, sure, a heart attack, to stroke, cancer increases diabetes. Not having enough fish wills increases your risk of dying from any cause that's called all cause mortality by twenty six percent. Increases your risk of dying from cancer by about fifteen percent. That's big because cancer is so common. But listen to this. Increases your risk of dying from something related to the heart by thirty one percent. Now, what drug lowers the amount officials in your body. Stanton drugs, So if you're on a Stanton drug, you actually need additional fishioils. To bring it back up to normal levels.
Speaker 2: So this is the.
Speaker 3: University of Georgia. It's the journal ELI. If it's a good journal, it's an electronic journal on the Internet. University of Georgia. Over eighty five thousand people between the age of forties and sixty nine. Not having enough fish wails increases your risk of die from any heart related disease by thirty one percent and from cancer by about fifteen percent. So you have to get your ficials. You need to balance your oils. Like there were Omega six, fatty acids that you get from vegetable oils like sybean oil or corn oil, but you also get it from nuts and seeds. You have to balance that with the fish oils. You need enough fish oils. And by the way, a test to see how much fishiols you have in a body is called the Omega three index. But fish wiles, so officials, are really important for the brain, but they're also exus me. Fish wills are really important for the heart. You also need to build bone. Believe it or not. You also need it for the breasts, You need it for the liver, and you need it for your eyes and your brain. Your eyes are an extension of brain. Out of all the senses hearing, sense of smell, sense of taste, vision gives the most input, obviously, because you could see so far away right, I mean, you can see a grizzly bear a mile away, right, if you're up in if you're up in Yellowstone. So in any event, so vision is really important. The cells in your eyes require fish woles so they're not damaged because in the eyes, fish wells make resolvings and rural protectings that protect the eye tissue, and in fact they help you see clearly. One of the reasons why you lose some color vision with age is there's less fish wills in the eyes, so you want to replace that. You want to get more fishials into your body. So even if you eat fish twice a week, you should take some fishiles or krill oil. My wife and I are taking krill oil. Now here's a couple of new studies on fisialism. I mean, it's gonna knock your sachop. This is the journal Translational Psychiatry. It's over six hundred thousand people from a number of different studies, and he found that fish we els protect our brain from the developing depression. There's a number of nutrients that are great for depression. Sammy Foley B twelve B six, alcohol with ala bier Kirkman five, lox, and officials. They're all great for depression. They're great for depression. You can treat a lot of depressions with just these nutrients, believe it or not, if the psychiatrist or the psychologist knows how to use them. So this is the Journal Translational Psychiatry, a great journal that fishels help protect you from developing major depressive disorder, something that becomes increasingly more common in people as we age, and also people who have recurry and bouts of depression. Now here's the last study I'm gonna read you. This is these are people who are prone to Alzheimer's disease. We have a gene involved with carrying fats, so it feeds the brain with fats. It's called the Apoe gene, and most people have the apple E three gene, which is normal. Some people have the apo E two gene, which is very efficient, and those people are protected from Alzheimer's. But also a certain amount of Americans have an apo E four gene. That gene greatly increases your risk of Alzheimer's disease. Now, what else protect you from that gene? Some green tea that's been proven, Eating well, sleeping well, exercising, correcting your vision and hearing. That's really important for you to keep your brain healthy and your memory functioning, and to protect yourself from dementia. If you have hearing wass you need to look into hearing aids, and if you have vision loss, you need to get glasses. Cut down in your alcohol, quit smoking, lose belly fat. All of those things help protect you from developing dementia. I think they say at this point forty five percent of wall cases of Alzheimer's could have been prevented. And of course, try to avoid air pollution. Air pollution kills millions of people every year. So if possible, try to avoid air pollution or take things that help reduce the risk of damage closed by air pollution. What's helps to protect you from air pollution? A supplement called nac and acelo system, vitamin C zinc. They help protect you from air pollution. There are other things too, now, oh, and B vitamins. B vitamins help protect you from air pollution. Okay, let's get back to what we're talking about fishals here. So this is JAMMA network open now. JAMMA normally publishes any crappy, terrible study if it's against nutrition, Okay, JAMA. Generally, the American Medical Association is generally very picky about the studies they let in unless it's against nutrition. Any third rate, creminently crappy study against nutrition, JAMA will publish. So why would a JAMA joeneral. The American Medical Association print good studies about fish oils because there are drugs available now that are fish oils. So jama's on board now because if you open General of the American Medical Association, the first ten pages or ads from drug companies. Okay, so here, maybe it's not ten pages. I don't know how many pages. I don't read the journal. I'll be honest with you because I feel it's a very biased journal. But let's get let's get going taking fish oils text people from genetically predisposed alzheimer So people with the appo epogene that you know, these are the people that develop Blzheimer's in their fifties. It's a three year long study. The fishaws were preventing the break down of brain cells. Now, why would fisholes or krill oil or eating fish all three of them are good. Why would they help with the brain. Well, first of all, they create three things that protect the brain, neuroprotectings, resolvins, and plasmolagins. These things shield the brain cells from damage, from inflammation, from dyeing, from destruction. But they also make prostaglandins that reduce inflammation in the brain and help you think clearly. Prostaglandins are kind of these froggy looking hormones. But the fisholes also create your cellular membrane. What is that? That's the house that your brain cell is encased in the cellular membrane. So krill goes a step further, and that's why I choose krill over fish oils. Now, Invite has an excellent fish oil if you want official, it's enterra coded to protect it from oxygen. It's really fresh, it's super high and the EPA DHA that ficials are noted for it. That's why you're taking it for the EPA DHA, and it's pharmaceutical grade. It's really clean. So you could take the Invite fish oil and not worry about mercury or plasticizers and everything. It's a really good product. But I take the invite krill. It's been used in many, many human clinical trials. The invite fishails and invite krill have both been used in in clinical trials. We know they're safe, we know they work because the krill has other things that rebuild the brain. That a good for cleansing the liver, that are good for the function of the heart, in your muscles, for your bones, for women's breasts, for arthritis, paint because krill helps with authritis pain, but especially for the brain. All of these things that make up the brain require the ingredients and krill oil. I'll tell you what's in there that makes the brain. You're not getting this in fissile You're getting phosphatytle coling, coaling, phosphatytle, ethanolamine, phosphatylinocetol, phosphatitle searing. You're not getting those in fiss oils. You need those to make the cellular membranes. You need those to protect a brain. You need those to make the plasmologins that protect your brain cells. It's like a bulletproof vest on your brain cell. That's really important. As you grow older, because certainly the things that used to protect your brain, like enzyme system atioxidants like superoxide type one on superoxide type three, they're missing in the brain in your sixties and seventies. By taking the krill, you're restoring protection of your brain. Your brain's going to work a lot better for a lot longer. It's as simple as that. Okay, let's go to a break here. Here can you Invite Health. Here's what's on special so far, the bio curricumin five loxin, the collagen both powders, the fish oils, and the kryll oil. I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and help. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Don't wait. Call now to get your buy one get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings.
Speaker 3: Don't wait.
Speaker 4: Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail. Get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two, or go to invite health dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, welcome back Jerry Hickey for Invite Health. I hope everybody's having a great day so far. It's pretty early. Um, it's the last second in the program. I put the multivitamins on special. Invite has these boxed multis and a powdered multi. So let's do the powdered multi first. Who should take the powdered Multi I would say people with diabetes. See certain nutrients really help you control your blood sugar and really help protect you when you're diabetic. So it's called Multi Energy Plus. It's a powder you take a scoop a day, and it's loaded with biotin, alphylopoeic acid, vanadium, carnatine, chromium, vitamin C, vitamin D and magnesium and zinc, and these are things diabetics need to protect themselves from the high blood sugar and the inflammation that you see in diabetes. But you also need these things to control your blood sugar and your immune system. It's a very good supplement for diabetics to Multi Energy Plus. But also anybody with a digestive system problem like iritable ballo syndrome or Crow's disease or celiac or anything like that where they might have trouble absorbing pills, take the Multi Energy Plus powder. It's a fantastic multi. I happen to use the Core Multi at this point. We have a men's Multi, we have a women's Multi, we have a Core Multi. They're all on special today. So what's so special about our multice Well, first of all, you absorb less lutine from your food as you grow older. Plus if you're on a statin drug, Statin's reduced the amount of lutine in your body. So we have a loutin called lootimax in our multese that has lutine, zia zanin and meso ziazantin. What do you need these for your eyes? If you don't, I don't have these in your eyes, you develop eye diseases. Your vision isn't as clear, you can't see as well in the night. So we have loutin in here and we have five milligrams. Most multi vitamins that add lutine only add a tiny speck of loutine because it's expensive stuff and the good quality loutine the natural lutine we use that's been used in human clinical trials at the University of Georgia and the University of Cork and Ireland where they do like the best research. The two best places for eye researcher the University of Georgia and the University of Cork in Ireland they do the best and the Retinal Eye Research Center over in Waterford, Ireland, they use this stuff in their research because it's the highest quality. It's the highest haired louting you can get. There's lycopene in there, that's the red stuff and tomatoes. What does lycopene do you get five milligrams? You'd have to have a bowl of tomatoes so as to get five milligrams of lycopene. The red stuff and tomatoes reduces the risk of breast cancer, a little bit, prostate cancer, a little bit colon cancer a little bit likely other cancers too. It's really good for your skin, but it's super protect your hearts. It helps protect plaque guy gunk from building up in the orders in your heart that lead to coordinary heart disease. And it's the biggest cluosit death in the planet. So there's plenty of lycopene in there. You have the active forms of B twelve and folid in there, so why is that important. Folate is named after foliage. It's ubiquitous in plants, but it's hard to absorb out of the plants and it's not active yet. And most multivitamins use folic acid, a synthetic form that most people can't use efficiently, especially older people. We lack the ability to convert that into the active form, which is methyl tetrahydro folding. Methyl Tetrahydrofolate is the active form of that B vitamin that helps protect you from cancer and helps protect you from Alzheimer's disease. It helps in inhibit the first two stages of cancer initiation and promotion. It attaches to your genes and acts like a shield on your genes so to protect them from things like viruses and radiation and cigarette smoke and pollue and chemicals, so it lowers the risk of damage to the genes, to your chromosomes that leads to cancer. So if you're getting irregular folic acid, it may not be able to protect you from cancer because you can't convert it to methyl tetrahydrofolate. We have methyl tetra hydrofolate right in our multivitamins cost us a little bit more, but that's the right way to do business. That's the right way to protect people. But it's also important for protecting you from dementia. There's a chemical we make in our body that the active form of folate reduces, and if you don't make that active form of folate, the chemical builds up and it's like a solvent killing our brain cells. It's like rust in the brain. It's called homocysteine. So if homocystine gets elevated in the brain, it leads to depression, anxiety, and Alzheimer's disease. So the methyl tetrahydro folate helps protect people from Alzheimer's and a house protect people from cancer. That's really important is also the active form of B twelve. It turns out increasing levels of research. There is an archive building up that all the people seem to have trouble converting the synthetic B twelve and most multi vitamins. The cyanide attest to coballement. It's called cianical balment. Now, the cyanide is not dangerous when it's a test to copallevance. So don't get that idea. That's not where I'm coming from. I want to be honest here, but some people can't take the cianicobalamin available in most multivitamins and convert it to methical balament. Methical balamin has then changed to all the other forms that be twelve, like cobamamite. We have the methical balomin and the invite multi. Why is that important nerve health protecting you from pollution brain function. If you lack B twelve, the active form called methical baalament in your brain, people will think you have Alzheimer's. That's the truth. Lacking B twelve in the brain. The active form, the active form of B twelve, okay, not the form that you get most Molti vitamins, but the form that we have in the invite multi called methical development. If you lack that in the brain, it mimics Alzheimer's disease, so we have that in our multie. So why would you take another multi when you're not getting that level of protection from cancer, from Alzheimer's disease, from physical fatigue, from heart disease, likely prostate and breast cancer, and colon cancer. I mean, you want to take these multis and you will feel the difference. This might be the first multi where you actually feel the difference because of the quality of the ingredients and the forms of the ingredients that are in there. So the Men's Multi obviously is more geared towards We have all these things in the Men's Multi, all the things I just mentioned, but there's more benefit like for the prostate and stamina and the heart. The women's Multi it also aims at stamina and breast health, and vaginal health and digestive tract health. So you're getting all the things are he spoke about in the core MULTI that I take and that my wife takes. But then there's extra things for men and the Men's Multi, and there's extra things for women and the Women's Multi plus. We have the Multi Energy plus pattern on special. So here's what's on special so far, the fish oil and the krill oil, the bio curcumin fible aux, both of our collagen powders, the multi vitamins that I just discussed, and also I added at the last minute because I started discussing them when I came back from a break, because I'm drinking green tea right now. The green Tea liquid drops and the green Tea capsules. They're very high quality, they're very clean. Now, the last thing I'm going to talk about is creatine monohydrate, and I only have a couple of minutes for that. Creatine model hydrate is the one thing that came out of the gym, the world of gym, the world of bodybuilding that is a fantastic, super great supplement, creatine monohydrate. And I'll tell you where this came from that I put creatine a monohydrate on special today. When I was with my friends down on the dock on Monday, we hung out for about three hours on the dock in Northport, had a great time. A couple of people asked me about energy non related people like people heard me talking about nutrition and go, oh, I'm so tired. I said, take creatine. Like one guy was older. I think it was seventy one. I said, take creatine monohydrate, and the guy said to me, I thought that was for muscle I go, yeah, it is, but it's also for brain energy. See, a lot of people are tired, not because the body's tired, it's because their brain is fatigued. So what does creatine do well. First of all, creatine came out of the world of body building because it gives you extra oomph. It gives you extra strength and stamina when you're doing repetitive exercise like running a long distance or lifting weights. So it's very good for that. But your brain needs more energy and you are muscles. It's a super high energy organ just like your heart. See, the creatine monohydrate is your heart energy, your muscles energy, and your brain energy. The creatine has chasing something called phosphocreatine. Now, when you eat food, this is a little complex. When you eat food, one of the things you want to accomplish is making the currency for energy called ATP and dennis and triphosphate. You burn through that energy very quickly. The creatine recycles it. It creates phospho creatine and this donates the molecular phosphorus to the ATP to keep it going. So your brain burns through energy like crazy. That's why your brain absorbs twenty percent of the energy from each meal. Even though your brain is dry weight only about two pounds, it takes twenty percent of the energy from each meal. Your brain loves creatine monohydrate. That's why I take it. I'm not taking it from my muscles, I'm taking it from my brain. Is it a problem for anybody? No, it doesn't cause kidney problems, It doesn't hurt your muscles, it doesn't cause liver problems. But it is expelled through the kidney, So if your kidneys don't work, you really shouldn't have it. People who have a kidney problem shouldn't take then things that are expelled through their kidneys unless they could keep track of it. Just like people who have a liver problem, if something is to expel through your liver, you can't take things willy nilly that are expelled through the liver if you have a liver problem, because they're going to build up in your body you live and can't get rid of them. So the only people who have to be careful with creating amounto hydrate are people who are really damaged with their kidneys because it's expelled through the kidney, so it'll back up in the body. I wouldn't use it during physical therapy. I would use it once the muscles are back after physical therapy. So creatine amounto hydrate a scoop a day, which really translates to a tea spoon or five thousand milligrams five grams roll the same thing a technically a tea spoon and is five grams. We have a scoop in our creatine monohydrate that's been used in human clinical trous It's a real thing and it's not from animal sources. They make it by a fermentation process out of vegetables, So our creatine, even if you're vegan, you can have it right. The creatine restores the intensity of stamina and energy to your muscles if you don't really fatigued. Type exercise helps nourish your heart if you have a weakened heart, like heart failure. It's good for the heart, but I would add de ribos to that comes out heart energy from both sides, and I would ed you bick one all to that, but that's another story. But it's great for brain energy, so I tell a lot of older people you're tired, get the creatine monohydrate. So I'm out of time. It's been a pleasure talking to you today. When I sign off, you could call Invite and say, hey, I want to speak to a nutritionist. All the things I spoke about today, they're fifty percent off suggested retail. You buy two balls a get fifty percent suggested retail. If you buy thirty five dollars or more, we pay for the shipping. And I got to get out of here. God bless you have a great day.
Speaker 4: Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and help. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Don't wait, call now to get your buy one get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings. Don't wait. Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail, get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two, or go to invitehealth dot com.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to Invite Health radio, and remember, seven days a week in all our beautiful stores, we have professionals available for your health and nutrition needs. You'll enjoy your visit to Invite Health because we'll make it better. And when you can't come in, just give us a quill at eight hundred sixty three to two zero five seven to two.
Speaker 2: The preceding program was sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed