Speaker 1: Into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, October twelfth, twenty twenty four. We know it could be worse, he said. We are liamless. We could have been dickless again. I'm in our thoughts and prayers with Dick and his friend Ingrid going in the hospital this week. That was not encouraging news. So I know that we're all pulling praying for Dick. At six seven and some change, let's go ahead and I'm praying that. This is Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 2: Hello, Dave, scared Jeff, how are we doing?
Speaker 1: Oh my prayers were answered? Thank you. I don't know. I don't know how all of this works, but I just sat here in the control room. Apparently Liam is on his way, so we will have Liam at certain point this morning. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing, but uh so, how are you day doing?
Speaker 2: Doing fantastic fantastic of Mundo? What cause?
Speaker 1: I'm okay, I'm not I'm not fantastic Mundo or whatever the hell you said, but I'm doing okay. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Well, like you said, it could be worse. You know, it could be worse.
Speaker 1: It absolutely could always be worse. I could let you continue that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, when LT does get there, I'll bet it's still going to be the best day of his life so far.
Speaker 1: He always says that, Hey, why why, Dave, Dave, Why couldn't the toilet paper cross the road? It was it got stuck in a crack. It got stuck in a crack.
Speaker 2: Dave, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: What are the symptoms? What are the symptoms of Amish flu? We're you know, we're entering flu season. What are the symptoms of Amish flu? You get a little you get a little horse and buggy. That's from Dave fro Yeah. What do you got for me? Well, I was just on the topic of it could be worse.
Speaker 2: How did Benjamin Franklin feel about discovering electricity?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. Was he shocked?
Speaker 2: He was shocked, Garrett Jeff, he was shocked. How did Thomas Edison invent the light bulb?
Speaker 1: How did Thomas Edison invent I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, he got a bright idea, Yeah, yeah, and then one I told you six years ago?
Speaker 1: Or no, are you recycling bad dad jokes?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yes, Well, I mean I I appreciate from the standpoint of as an eco warrior that I know you are. All right? What's the joke, Dave?
Speaker 2: Some of these jokes are at least twenty five recycled. Okay, okay, what do you call a monster with a high IQ?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He didn't know six years ago either.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Frank E's Frank Frank Einstein. Frank Einstein, Frank Einstein.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dave, Liam's not here, so I don't have the disclaimer. So the best I can do is say, get off my phone. Rolling through a Saturday morning solo and blind Gary Jeff Walker with you on seven hundred W l W. Apparently the cavalry is on the way. I hope they brought donuts. At six fifteen on a Saturday morning, it's time for us to check in with our friend from Indianapolis area. I don't know how many years it has been that we've been doing these reception reports, but they have become interwoven in the fabric of our Saturday mornings. And I know you appreciate him too from all the response he gets at Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. Rick Washburn with a reception report, once again on a Saturday. Good morning, sir, Hey.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Jerry, Jeff, I hope Liam's okay.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, he's okay. Now he's on his way. Let's see how okay he is after he gets here.
Speaker 5: Fair enough?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, geez this two times this week?
Speaker 5: He yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Apparently there were some issues there. I'm sure that it's all easily explainable, and he will be not only apologetic, but ready to go the second he gets here. What kind of a joy? What kind of dream world am I living in? Jeez?
Speaker 5: The eternal Optimist?
Speaker 1: So what are or the infernal optimist? One or the other? So how are we coming in this morning? What are you listening on? And give us some details? Man?
Speaker 5: Well, the I honest fear has been been kind to us. You were coming in five by five A very loud, very clear reception on a nineteen twenty five David Grimes Incorporated five tube TRF receiver built on the Grimes inverse duplex principle, in which there is dual operation of the vacuum tubes. Sorry, jump ahead to the catalog.
Speaker 1: What did you just say?
Speaker 5: Nobody knows?
Speaker 1: Should I should I have? Should I have hit the dump button?
Speaker 6: You know that?
Speaker 5: Or the couch button? Neither one so okay. First of all, I just want to say in your work, in anybody's work, if you put your name on your product, it's because you're proud of it. By clock Kraisley, right, If you use your first and last name, it's because you're a narcissist. And I guess if you used your first, middle of last name, that makes you a serial killer. But David Grimes, I'm sure he was a bit of a narcissist. But he had his own radio company in the twenties and made a few different models. They work great. They are a little bit oddly designed, and there's nothing wrong with that, a little bit of forward thinking in the design. But in the nineteen thirties he became an engineer for Filco and he designed the floating sub chassis, which was used in many models throughout the nineteen thirties. And that's why David Grimes, to many of us who do restorations of these old radios from the nineteen thirties, treat the phrase David Grimes not as a name, but as either an expletive or pejorative. This floating chassis, I can't figure out the purpose of it, except that for one thing, it makes the band switch in the tuning control a little bit bouncy. And if you have to replace any of the three capacitors in these days, we have to replace all three of them. Getting to them in that sub chassis is equivalent to having to pull the engine and remove all the heads in order to get to the spark plugs.
Speaker 1: It's horrid.
Speaker 5: Anyway, back to the what is this called the Baby Grand Duplex five to two radio from nineteen twenty five, which a near fifty nine fifty or about eleven hundred bucks today. In the catalog it says here this innovation in radio reses. You know, you could have gone something a little bit more provocative. But the first thing it says, in referencing a different model is says, enclosed in a night excuse me, enclosed in a seventeenth century solid mahogany French cabinet with hand car figures. Wow, so they put it in a two hundred year old cabinet. I think they probably wanted to say replica, they're somewhere, but it gets right. You got to do some termits there. That's probably your radio. You've expected something new, something that would give real pleasure by all means here are these instruments.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's catchy.
Speaker 1: What kind of an ad is this? Is this for a radio or for something else?
Speaker 5: I have a feeling, David Crimes wrote wrote the copy himself as well.
Speaker 1: You know one one man's shop just gonna like me this morning, Rick, Uh.
Speaker 5: Fair enough, but I think you're a little bit better at your job.
Speaker 1: Maybe a lot time will tell. Listen. I got to move along. But it's always good to talk to you all. Was always a joy. I look forward to it every Saturday.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's it's seam for me, buddy.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. All right, you want to find out more, go to Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. So there that goes just real quickly. Major League Baseball playoffs. The Tigers and the Guardians go for a game series deciding game today at one eight. That series is tied at two too. The rest are all set for the the league Championships. The Padres and the Dodgers. Well, that went to LA three to two. The Dodgers move on to face the Mets and the Yankees and Royals New York. The penn Stripers beat Edge of City three to one, and so they move on to face either the Tigers or Guardians matchup, the Bengals still can try for two wins on the season tomorrow in the Meadowlands. All the coverage right here at the home of the best Bengals coverage, including kickoff around eight twenty tomorrow night on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Here's what's trending from the Iheartsports Network presented by Draft Kings Fantasy Sports.
Speaker 8: Despite the Bengals' recent success on the offensive side of the ball, why al Jamar Chase says the team had a better run when the team wins to the Super Bowl. Bloomber Cabs great Lebron James showed his love to the Ohio State football team ahead of their games to night against Oregon by gifting them new shoes and after borsting a winner Saint game by the Dodgers, are off to the NLCS after completing a shutout win over the bod race and set up a date against the New York Mats.
Speaker 1: I'm Gidi Hafren.
Speaker 9: Check out what DraftKings has to offer this season with Code Sports.
Speaker 1: Because life's more fun when you're in on the action draft all time to hit and we may meet through you never care me com play.
Speaker 10: Friends and no whiskey round land of beer.
Speaker 1: Jaess is my blue. It's good to have friends, even in how now Brown County Man. I gotta tell you I am so pumped this morning to welcome Doug Angie and god knows who else. And I don't know. I don't know if there are Brookies in Ripley or or at the wayside End in Russellville or in La Lower Aberdeen. Where are you this morning?
Speaker 11: We're at the home place today.
Speaker 1: Alright, Brickie Main Street, Ripley, Ohio. All right, very very well, So what's going on? If anything?
Speaker 12: Nothing, That's what I.
Speaker 1: Was afraid of.
Speaker 11: No bands this weekend, good food and then you gotta wait till Wednesday for the seven point thirty drawing for the Queen of Hearts, which will be probably well a little over seventy five thousand.
Speaker 1: Did you ever locate Buzz? Did he ever show up?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: He was the one that suggested the road trip last week and my surprise when you guys were at least his wayside end there and he didn't show up for that. And now has anybody gone up? Maybe do a welfare check on Buzz. I'm not kidding you you think I'm kidding. I'm not kidding. I mean, you know.
Speaker 11: We haven't seen him on the prayer list course, bugluyes, tell you you don't want to be on that list.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be on the car list.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 12: Yes, it's not a good place to be.
Speaker 1: Well, at least somebody cares. Rry what's going on there? How's how's the beaver? And how's the weather rock?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: The weather rock's good.
Speaker 12: Beaver's great.
Speaker 4: The weather has been wonderful.
Speaker 13: And I went down.
Speaker 6: There and checked the rock and it was a little bit.
Speaker 12: Polka dotted, So it's I have a spotty.
Speaker 1: Shower tomorrow the dotted.
Speaker 12: Yes, we gonna have spotty showers.
Speaker 1: I can't wait, Stripes, what you're having?
Speaker 14: What we're having?
Speaker 15: A memory check here?
Speaker 16: What was the second joke?
Speaker 12: He's old this morning?
Speaker 3: We can't remember?
Speaker 1: Well, that shows you how how important that joke was.
Speaker 4: Fun. It was really funny and I can't remember it.
Speaker 1: Hold honestly, Dave from Dayton sent me that for my conversation with Dave from Harrison and what's hold on here? What are the symptoms of an amish flu? You get a little horse and boat? What it was that's right, that's right. That was you made me say it twice.
Speaker 12: Now this is great watching it have the memory check here, watching.
Speaker 1: The ratings go down second by second. Listen, you guys, have a glorious day and enjoy it, all right, Thank you, and let me know if you find buzz. For God's sake, I'm worried about the boys, all right, little welfare check for Buzz and Ripley break seven. Here we go, forty five minutes, fifteen minutes mark six forty five. They still do the universal time check on the weekday mornings, still do that, initiated by the late great Jim Scott and carried on faithfully by Mike McConnell or whoever is sitting in this chair during the week. So anyway, I don't know if this is a nuclear clock time, but six forty five, twenty five, and now it's later, mister obvious. It's great to have you with us again, and it's great to have this guy on the line, ready to deliver as he always does. Steve from met In, Ohio with a pithy phone call and news of the week.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 12: The quote of the week.
Speaker 15: I heard this and got it warmed the cockles of my heart, if I may say that in mixed company.
Speaker 1: Already did you? Already did?
Speaker 15: Comes from the Conservative Party of Canada leader Pierre Pauliva, who got into a row with the Canadian Foreign minister, who finds nothing wrong with the Palestinian crazies operating on Canadian campuses. Pauly said, and I quote, if Israel were to stop that genocile, genocidal, theocratic, unstable government referring to Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon, it would be a gift by the Jewish state to humanity. Ooh, Thus he supports bombing Iranian nuclear sites and oil installations. Clear thinking comes from being moved by a higher personal standard That is so rare in American politics these days. The only conclusion you can draw from the Progressives in this presidential campaign is that the chaos that they encourage is intentional because they are Marxists at heart, bred by an educational system controlled by teachers and administrators also trained as Marxists. Our Canadian friend got me to thinking about two Jews who served in the US Senate who took that road less traveled. Joe Lieberman once said, I'm a loyal Democrat, but I have loyalties that are greater than my party. He proved it on numerous occasions, as in twenty eight when he, a Democrat, supported John McCain for president over Barack Obama. But Lieberman then turned around and supported Hillary in twenty sixteen and Biden in twenty twenty. Clearly, he called him as he saw him. Back in nineteen eighty eight, when Lieberman upset Republican Lowell Wiker for the US Senate seat in Connecticut, he was supported in that effort by Conservatives William F. Buckley of the National Review and brother James Buckley, a former Conservative Party US senator from New York. Lieberman, who died earlier this year, was an Orthodox Jew and a staunch supporter of Israel. And then there's Barry Morris Goldwater of Arizona, GOP senator and the Republican presidential candidate in nineteen sixty four, when he was defeated handily by Lyndon Johnson. Goldwater's father was Jewish and his mother Episcopalian. She was descended from famous theologian Roger Williams of Rhode Island. Barry would marry a Christian, Margaret Johnson of Munsey, Indiana. Goldwater was a lifelong Episcopalian, but he always referred to himself as Jewish. So how in the world did a jew wind up only carrying states in nineteen sixty four in the so called Solid South full of Rednecks and the KKK, especially when Goldwater denounced the ku Klux Klan and refused their support. The reason is Goldwater answered to a fundamental belief that the Constitution supports states' rights, which we hear so much about in the abortion debate and now Florida's response to hurricane relief efforts. Barry voted for numerous civil rights bills in the nineteen fifties and the sixties, but he did not vote for the famous sixty four law because he thought the states should ensure those rights, not Washington. But then he turned around in that same year and supported the twenty fourth Amendment to the Constitution, which bars the use of poll taxes and other taxes used to deny voting rights in federal elections. He was a lifelong member of the NAACP and fought for our military being open to gaye. By the way, his son, Barry Goldwater Junior, was gay and served in the US Congress. Fascinating, huh, it gets better. As a major general in the Air Force Reserves, Barry was nevertheless not hesitant to take on the Air Force at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. He wanted to see any documents, no laughing out their police related to the rumor that alien bodies in the nineteen forty seven Roswell plane crash were transported to Dayton. The Air Force Stonewallden Frankly, I think the aliens are in Springfield, but.
Speaker 5: That's just my opinion.
Speaker 4: Then thank you.
Speaker 15: Then he took on Ronald Reagan's CIA director Bill Casey when he found out that Casey was longing about mining a Nicaraguan harbors during the Sand and Eastern Rebellion. Mining harbor's is a violation of international law, Berry said, and he wanted it stopped. It was stopped. No peacenick this man, though Barry despised the United Nations said it should be moved out of New York City and given to Beijing or Moscow, all right. In nineteen sixty four, he said nukes should not be off the table in Vietnam, for which he was called a warmonger.
Speaker 5: But wait a minute.
Speaker 15: Eisenhower said the same thing about Korea in nineteen fifty three, and he got a truce in six months, So lessen there, folks. His most lasting comment was during the sixty four campaign, quoting a Roman philosopher, Extremism in the defense of liberty is novice. Moderation in the pursuit.
Speaker 4: Of justice is no virtue.
Speaker 15: Rip Joe and Barry marching to the tune of their own drummer. My favorite jew, Jesus Christ, who taught us it is not government that could save your sorry ass, it's the carpenter's kid.
Speaker 5: And on a lighter.
Speaker 15: Side, did you note Barry Jeff Kentucky playing bandy Today? Both of those teams come off huge upsets. Kentucky beat the number nine team in the country Missouri, and Vandy beat Alabama.
Speaker 5: Oh my, I want to watch that game.
Speaker 15: Hey, listen, take care of yourself, and hey, everybody, try something new, try voting. Huh would you okay?
Speaker 1: Bye bye Eh. That's the best part of the whole commentary right there, the encouragement to get out and let your voice be heard. YVADI important and yes, Kentucky Vandy tonight they Apparently they carried the goal posts from the west end of Nashville all the way down Broadway into downtown Nashville and tossed the gold posts in the river. After Vanderbilt's victory over Alabama, a breaking back seven hundred WLW it is six fifty four.
Speaker 10: Bonny seven college.
Speaker 1: Kids into another hour of the Saturday Morning ED issue for this Saturday, October the twelfth, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. Liam is back in the house for how long nobody knows, but he's back. He's back, and it's great to have him. Liam is everything okay? Can you can? You respond, sir, Well, everything is wonderful, okay, wonderful world. I mean, are you doing all right? Yeah?
Speaker 17: Man, I'm just tired, but everyone's tired, so I have no reason to really complain.
Speaker 1: All right, So what happened you? You pulled all the power chords out? And yeah, I mean I worked. I called Danville High School football. They fell to Leslie County twenty thirty six to three, and they moved to oh to seven on the year. Uh huh, But I yeah, I guess when I got back home at like one thirty and I plugged set my alarm. I plugged in my phone immediately when I fell asleep, knocked everything over the nightstand, and there there was something about you not wanting to call another girl's name out when your girlfriend's there with you.
Speaker 17: I'm an aggressive sleeper, you know, I guess she said, I said another girl's name, which I denied, denied, deny. Well you're asleep, Yeah, I'd be throwing hands in my sleep and having full conversations.
Speaker 1: I'm a very aggressive sleeper. Well I'm glad. I'm glad you made it in this morning. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Well, and I hope you don't miss anymore. The best reps the next rep. Thank you keep trying, my brother.
Speaker 3: I see true so green.
Speaker 1: Redroscist, I see them blue.
Speaker 18: Farming, and I think to myself idly, to us.
Speaker 1: What a wonderful and to discuss this wonderful, beautiful, big world in which we live. My friend environmental Engineer extraordinaire Steve Shulty joining us to talk about climate realism and the payola of climate propaganda, which, of course those people in who are getting that money wanted to continue. Of course, so why tell anyone the truth or the actual facts.
Speaker 2: Steve, Good morning, Good morning Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Great to talk to you. And we've got a quickie from climaterealism dot org on the two hurricanes that we've seen now last.
Speaker 19: Till you know, we've covered this so many times. So if people want the scientific education and not in doctrination regarding hurricanes, climate realism dot org it's got some great stuff on both Helene and Milton, So, I mean I could talk for hours about the reality of hurricanes and Florida. So so that's the quickie people want to go there. The other one caught my interest this week was the Heartland dot org. Yesterday on Friday the eleventh, there Climate Change Weekly number five twenty article titled climate Journalism increasingly bought and paid for. So people out there are wondering why they're always hearing about man made catastrophic climate change about everything that this article tells you why. And we've talked about it before, one of the I know I talked about it some number of months ago.
Speaker 20: Just for an example, the Associated Press took millions of dollars last year from left wing foundations specifically to cover man made catastrophic climate change. So you know, journalistic creed and ethics be damned in these media outlets, or they're getting paid off and suppressing voices of ascent. For example, and way back in even twenty thirteen, the Los Angeles Times publicly announced it would no longer allow climate descent on its pages. And then you have the practice of Paola published, paid for published coverage by pushed by book billionaires like Jeff Bezos and George Soros, who buy off media outlets to promote the elite's party line regarded man made climate change. And it's all about money, Gary, Jeff, sure, you know, it's always about money, and unfortunately some of the wealthiest people on this planet are pushing man made catastrophic climate here.
Speaker 4: Here's why.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 20: Sometimes I think that they just feel so guilty about what they have.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's about redistribution of wealth. The US has even been plain clear about that. That's you know what I got to run along, Steve. But that is the thing when you go to any kind of internet site and there'll be a headline, a banner headline, but it's really an ad. It said, this is an advertisement. Ap everything that associated press prints out now knowing this should say this is not News. This is an advertisement and that would make it okay. Thank you, my brother, have a blessed weekend. Your forecast as follows a mixed sun and clouds today. We'll get up to around eighty degrees tomorrow, some clouds breezy. There is a chance of rain late in the day, A slight chance of rain both the late tomorrow and early into Monday. Monday, we're going to be at fifty seven for a high temp.
Speaker 21: Men, if you're suffering from a rectile dysfunction or pe proactive Men's Medical Center, we'll get your sex life back in just one visit.
Speaker 1: They're painless Breakthrough r O C C O C A S T E L l A n O dot com, Rococostelano dot com. Rock is back this week. Rocco. It's it's good to talk to you. I'm glad you're alive and all that other stuff. Tell me about this order from this judge to the e p A about revising regulations on fluoride and water.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so the judge and this is from California, which is kind of is good and it's bad obviously because California is such a crazy place. But uh, they actually said after because there's been uh one major study, but a few studies now that have shown that fluoride in in a water now has over the over the course of of like a decade, has made uh especially in a low low income areas, that UH that the fluoride in a water actually has made a children's i Q go down. And so the judge in California has told the told of the e p A and basically ordered them too to revise their.
Speaker 1: Regulation the amount of fluoride you can have in water.
Speaker 12: Or no, they want to take it out. So there's right now fourteen fourteen cities and counties that have already made moves to take fluoride out of the water. And I've been saying this for nearly twenty years that fluoride shouldn't even be in the water because the type of fluoride that they put in water is basically waste. It's a waste product that comes from from a manufacturing waste and so they're just basically using that waste and they're trying to get rid of the poison.
Speaker 1: They're recycling through our drinking water. Okay, that's a great idea.
Speaker 12: And they've been doing it since the fifty well they started doing it in the forties, but in a New Jersey they started that, and then they and then they went from there and they decided that it was a good idea, very similar to what they said about the Kobe, you know, like they've been doing this, like the government and and and industry has been doing this to us for a really long time.
Speaker 1: Do you want to find out more? Check out Roco's work. He publishes all kinds of stuff. How many pages are you up to a week? How many papers are your writing a week? Roco?
Speaker 12: Well, I do about three on my blog dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right, And I tell you what We've We've got some time for you on the nightcap. Coming up to Roco this morning. It's seven eighteen at seven hundred w l W m oh yeah, let's do this. I call the Diary the Tom Davis Diaries, wild wacky stories from around the country and around the world.
Speaker 22: And our reporter Tom Davis standing, Good morning, Gary, Jeff. This week cherry flavored dirty feet. But first, police in Poles Bow, Washington got a call from a woman who says she was surrounded by one hundred angry raccoons. You see, she'd been feeding the raccoons for thirty five years without an issue. The woman went out to her regular feeding spot before the whole gang.
Speaker 1: Showed up to munch.
Speaker 23: She ran back to her house, but they followed her and started swarming the house from every direction. She called the cops, who helped her out of the house, but she had to find some place to live for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Animal control is now involved. Meanwhile, an Iranian.
Speaker 23: Couple recently sentenced to prison for keeping a pet cat in their home. Cats are considered unclean animals in Islam. The couple's lawyer, Babik Popnia, argued there is no legal for such a severe punishment. He said, I am my clients do not deserve these heavy sentences.
Speaker 1: It's a catastrophe.
Speaker 23: Fox News says that London nurse Sammy Myi recently suffered a concussion when a cauliflower fell on her head at a discount grocery store. She claims she was passing a rack when the vegetable rolled off the shelf and hit her right in the head. She says she's still experiencing concussion symptoms and is considering legal action against the supermarket chain and finally, the makers of Airheads Candy have come up with a limited edition scented foot spray for kids for Halloween.
Speaker 1: It smells like a cherry flavored airhead.
Speaker 23: The company says it's a fresh and exciting idea that addresses the very real problem of kids stinky feet. Okay, next week, Anti Ann's employee fired for kissing Doe on camera.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 24: Meanwhile, in the Intention for Reason, look out, Eddie and Rookie, there are three bears behind you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're big fans of our show. Oh where are you all, Heady, We're helping them out with a squatter. There's some blond chick eating their porse and sleeping in their beds.
Speaker 21: What can you do to get her out?
Speaker 1: Two words? Buddy, karaoke machine? Why MCA? It's fun to stay a fly.
Speaker 24: Heady and Rockie give you a day a fairy tale.
Speaker 1: Ending Monday afternoon at WLW.
Speaker 25: Just like your Bengals, team, Chevrolet has game changing talent at every position, with a lineup led by the legendary Chevy Silverado with four durable engines, including the Turbomax, that deliver the capability you rely on every day, plus with advanced camera tech It'll make your most difficult towing jobs a whole lot easier and your confidence even stronger. Check out the hardworking Silverado at your Tri State Chevy dealer today and take advantage of some great offers going on right now.
Speaker 13: I'll be honest, I'm really worried about my kids and grandkids.
Speaker 1: I never thought we'd be facing a national APROA and credit union on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage. Tony Pike, How you're doing.
Speaker 3: Sir, I'm good.
Speaker 26: How are you doing all right? One question on last week? Do you think the Bengals should have been more aggressive on the final drive that we want to call it that throw it instead of running it into a brick wall two three times?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, it is.
Speaker 6: It's remarkable still a week later to think how they handled over time, especially it was a little bit windy fifty three yard field goal that that's a lot of different variables that can go in. The variable that I like the most is Jamar Chase. And you know on that first down, Jamar Chase had a rookie cornerback with about eight yards of soft coverage and the other ten guys were in the box. So you know, it's just as good as a run. I trust Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase that can They can make a ten yard pitch and catch, and in all likelihood he probably makes a guy missing. The game's over at that point, So I thought it was conservative. I thought they took the ball out of their best player's hand. And you know, when you're at the time one in three, you can't do that. You've got to start playing to win games. You got to start stacking wins now for this team.
Speaker 26: Yeah, all right, so take a look at the upcoming game.
Speaker 1: Here we have Bengals right now.
Speaker 26: The last three weeks, nobody's scored more points per week, having thirty five points a game. The Giants are way down the bottom answer, I'm sorry, averaging about seventeen points a game. On the flip side, they've got a defense and less offense, the opposite of the Bengals when it comes to the two sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They use a stat now in football called havoc rate, and it's essentially a defensive amount of plays that are resulted in sacks, force fumbles, interceptions, tackles for a loss, or pass breakup to put things into perspective. The Bengals are dead last on the defensive side of the ball and have it great. The New York Giants are number one in all of football. So this is strength verst strength. In my opinion. It's not an elite New York Giants offense, but they did play a good game last week without Malik and Devin Singletary.
Speaker 4: They went to Seattle and beat Seattle.
Speaker 6: But this is a very good defense in New York versus an elite offense of the Cincinnati Bengals. Which of those two prevaila will go a long way in which teams can get a win.
Speaker 26: Yeah, and there's a telling stat right there. They had seven sacks against the Seahawks. The Bengals have had six x all season.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They just their inability to create any type of pass rush. They're actually better against the run than you would think. Bengals, according to Pro Football Focus, ring tenth in the NFL against the run. It's the pass rush, which is thirty first in the NFL, which then affects the coverage. If you can't get after the passer in the NFL, I don't care who you have at corner, you're not going to be able to cover long enough to be effective. They tried to blitz more last week. Louin Aromo blitz forty one times against the Baltimore Ravens because the front four just couldn't do anything. And when you blitz and you don't get home, you leave yourself on an island on the backside. And that's why Lamar Jackson was able to have the success he had is able to happen. Look, Daniel Jones is not Lamar Jackson, but he is mobile. He can make plays with his legs, and it will be another challenge for this defense, especially upfront.
Speaker 1: All right, we shall see and talk to you next week. Donny E. Pike, thanks so much. Thanks buy you, but.
Speaker 16: Visit Ralph's American Grill and indulge in a tender mix.
Speaker 7: Get ready for a warmer weekend. Temperatures This morning we'll start off in the fifties. We climb into the upper seventies by the afternoon under some high clouds later today, but tonight we remain quiet. Temperatures fall into the lower sixties, and tomorrow we'll see partly cloudy skies, Temperatures in the upper seventies once again, breezy conditions with partly cloudy skies and maybe a stray shower Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: Otherwise a dry day ahead.
Speaker 7: From your severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Erico Kulora News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: This the sunrises. We have a clear sky. It's forty eight degrees. Our next update is at eight thirty. I'm Sean Gallaghers Radio seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 21: News twenty four hours Your day. He was a radio seven hundred w l W into.
Speaker 1: Another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, October the twelve, twenty twenty four, the original Columbus Day, the day that Christopher Columbus first spotted and made ground at San Salvador the New World. Happy Birthday, Christopher Columbus Day, fourteen ninety two, and glad to welcome our friend science Mike Well the Science Mint it on his Saturday.
Speaker 27: Yes, as a nightly scientist, is it surprising of the l behinded me?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Michael, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? That's interesting you mentioned Columbus. It's not the topic, but they just verified that his has remained in Spain for DNA analysis. I guess for years they didn't know they some people thought he was buried in the Dominican Republic or removed his body.
Speaker 1: There, or it was his. I think what a second or third trip? Didn't he make three trips in all? Yeah, I a third trip he became very very ill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he is. It is him, and I think a civil Spain.
Speaker 1: I think that's all right where he's that.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is somewhat new topic of different topic health topic today. Gary Jeffer's kind of the good news that it seems that the world that it's the first that they have used what they call induced plurial potent stem cells. Now it's important to say induced because that means they're non embryonic stem cells. They have used an individual's stem cells and reprogrammed, uh, some of their tissue. And what they did with the tissue after they reprogrammed it, it made the program reprogrammed to make insulin. And they injected this young girl and China, who had type one diabetes.
Speaker 1: They took about one and a half million of these.
Speaker 3: Reprogrammed cells and injected them into her abdominal muscles, and two and a half months later she is she is producing her own insulin on her own and she's four months later, she is ninety eight percent recovered as far as not needed to monitor any blooded sugar levels.
Speaker 1: I mean, it could be a cure for diabetes, is what you're saying exactly. And it doesn't use it. It uses your own stem cells.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they they say take your take your tissue and they basically start over with it, reprogram it and take these stem cells and that it's it's general and their engineer to produce.
Speaker 1: Insulin and that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Put in your body and uh well injected and they and it's a it's a good use for her. I know, I know they're doing trials. It says they're doing trials here with similar things in this country. This was done in China and it was published in the journalists to call sell. So it's not a fly by night jo. So it's a popular.
Speaker 1: Well I mean that that that brings a lot of promise and a lot of hope to people around the world.
Speaker 3: And oh yeah yeah, I mean, jeez, yeah, it's one of those one of those Asian demographic type things sometimes.
Speaker 1: But there's been an explosion of diabetes in the last few years because we we eat like crap. And we eat a lot of crap. All right, Michael, thank you so much. Real quickly, doctor Dennis in Annapolis, Maryland, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 28: I just want to kind of echo what Steve for Mattin and Ray of Loveland, UH stated about voting, but I want to take it one step further. I want to strongly encourage people to not vote for Democrats because the Democratic Party is no longer democratic. In fact, I refer it to it now as just the Democrat Party. They're the biggest threat to this country. It's not Donald Trump that they're the biggest threat to democracy, and it's actually become the Marxist Party. They must get rid of the constitution. They want to get rid of the Electoral College. They want to undermine the voting system by getting rid of a voter ID. They want to pack the Supreme Court, and they want to throw.
Speaker 2: Out the fillibuster. And so I would encourage people to not vote for Democrats.
Speaker 1: And they want to eliminate your right to freedom of speech to say that too. That's exactly right, Doctor Dennis. Will talk to you soon. Thanks for the call. It's ten minutes after the hour.
Speaker 21: Oh boy, we've got an election.
Speaker 24: We are voting for a president, representative, senator, sheriffs, issues, levings, and a whole lot more. There's so much to vote for this time you might get up a finger a craft and we've done election news. How the squeaker listening for the latest election in the Copper Reach on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 29: My grandfather served in World War Two. Spending time with him were the best memories of my life. I became a physician at VA because of my grandfather, so I can help others like him. I can't imagine working with better doctors or a more dedicated staff. I'm fulfilling my life's mission with the help of my team, and thanks to these veterans. I'm proud to be a doctor at VA. I'm proud to honor my grandfather.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 29: Search VA Careers to find.
Speaker 11: Out more.
Speaker 1: Forecasts for today. It mix the sun, clouds and a little breezy this weekend to high around eighty degrees tomorrow. Same thing that's not a cat kind And let's go to Brother Rick Green from Spirit Works Cincinnati. So for yourselves, righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground for it is time to seek the Lord until he comes and shows and showers righteousness on you. That's from Josea ten to twelve. Brother Rick, how are you.
Speaker 18: Doing, hey man, Good morning, Gary Jeff. I'll walk up praying for you and your nurse, and I'm just like your wife, Gary Jeff. Every time I hear that phong, it makes me happy.
Speaker 1: Reunion of souls, let's go to love, good stuff. I hope that that's that more people are catching on to that because it is a fantastic.
Speaker 18: Oh, Jeff, we got a good one today. We're coming from second Thatsaloney. In chapter three, verse sixteen, it said, now may the Lord of Peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way, the Lord be with you, be with you all.
Speaker 3: Sorry here, I had a little heat there.
Speaker 1: That's okay. I think the message still cut through. Brother.
Speaker 12: Uh whatever.
Speaker 18: I look and all the words went together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That that happens quite often when I'm doing this. Believe me, I understand. So how is everybody in the family doing? Everybody good?
Speaker 18: We're doing awesome, Gary, Savannah over here for about three over last night. Anything process is long, but it's coming to the other Gary. The movie look great, it's just time consuming. No, in realize I never edited the movie.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean is coming together. This is your first time being a movie star.
Speaker 18: So I'm praising God very death. You know, I'm pretty guy. Help a brother sister, and I'm praise God gets the glory.
Speaker 1: All right. And by the way, put Ingrid that's all I know by her name. That's Ingrid. Who is our friend, Dick from Dayton's friend. She she's in the hospital, so we wanted to put her Ingrid on a prayer list that Ingrid gets better. Okay, God knows who she is and what she needs. All we got to do is just ask in petition, thank you, brother, have a blessed weekend, all right, brother Rick Green. On a Saturday morning, eight sixteen, at seven hundred WLW this morning, at.
Speaker 29: Nine, Mike Allen takes a stand and then eventually a seat once his legs get tired.
Speaker 1: On seven hundred WLW on Saturday morning. All right, Friday night lights on Saturday morning, he finally made it to work. Liam Tominson, what do you got first up? Brother, We'll talk a little Bengals. You can listen to that game right here. On seven hundred WLW Sunday Night football primetime slot. Pregame coverage begins at seven. All the action will begin at eight. Twenty eight twenty Okay, Let's run down some high school scores.
Speaker 17: Scott shut out by Cooper forty one to nothing, Carroll County falls to Walton, Verona twenty three to nothing, Holmes zero, Grant County forty seven, Beachwood forty two, Owen County nothing, Simon Kenton felt a great crossing forty five to thirty five. Purcell Marion outscores Norwood sixty to twenty. Reading edges out deer Park twenty one to sixteen. More shuts out Sating Nations forty four to nothing. Lawrenceburg tops Connersville fifty one to nothing, Rushville thirty, South Dearborn ten. East Central shutout Greensburg forty nine to nothing. Dayton, Christian dominates Gamble, Monosaur fifty six to six, Riverdale twenty eight, Elder twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Elder falls in a nail bider.
Speaker 17: Cincinnati Hills Christian thirty five, Roger Bacon fourteen, Saint x nine, Lesalle zero, Bellevue Kentucky forty two, Dayton, Kentucky zero, Newport Central Catholic tops Newport thirty five to seven. Lakota West dominates o'khills fifty two to seven. Indian Hill Tops Fennytown forty four to fourteen. Highland shoutout Boone County fifty five to nothing. Belmont zero, Mount Healthy forty two. Mason dominates Cole Raine thirty one to nothing. Bishop Brosser handles holy Cross thirty five to nothing. Lachland twenty seven. Miami Valley Christian Academy twelve. Connor High School beat Dixie thirty five to twenty one. Winton Woods pulls out a close one over West Claremont twelve to seven. Bishop Fenwick thirty five, McNicholas High School seven, Lebanon tops Turpin forty eight twenty eight. Taylor High School defeated Madeira thirty six to twelve. Princeton scores sixty two, fairfe Field thirty. Sycamore falls Lacta East fifty six to twelve. Franklin shuts out Ross twenty one to nothing. Harrison dominates Talawanda fifty six to fifteen. Ryle handles Campbell County forty two to fourteen. King shutout Milford forty two to nothing. Loveland forty two, Little Miami three, Baden thirteen, Archbishop Alter ten, Hamilton County. Excuse me, Hamilton High School dominates Middletown forty two to seven. Batavia shutout New Richmond thirty eight to nothing.
Speaker 1: Now you didn't find my Hendersonville High School commando's score from Hendersonville, Tennessee. Very very uh, I don't know, I know, I feel about it. Lots of college football rivalries today, including the Red River rivalry Oklahoma and Texas. Right yeah, that game will kick off at three thirty.
Speaker 17: That'll be the first edition of the SEC Red River Rivalry here in the year twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Got one heck of a football game up talking about with Mo number two versus number three, Ohio State and Oregon Bucks and Ducks.
Speaker 17: Yes, Oregon and Ohio State kickoff later this evening at seven thirty. We got LSU versus Ole miss That will also kick off at seven point thirty, Colorado Kansas State at ten fifteen tonight, Boise State Hawaii at eleven pm as well. And if I don't know, if you saw the running back from Boise State, he's in the Heisman Ashton genty Heisman Trophy candidate he has been a dominating force in the backfield.
Speaker 1: All right, you see and UCF again, we will tackle the Bearcats game with Moe Egger. Hendersonville had a buy. Hendersonville had a buy, so they needed They did not lose. They did not fantastic. Thank you, Liam, and thank you for showing up to work today. It's eight twenty four on seven hundred WLW Sarah Spain for Iheartwomen's Sports. It's presented by else Beauty.
Speaker 9: The FIFA Council has pledged recommendation to the International Olympic Committee to expand its Women's Olympic soccer competition to sixteen teams. The attorney currently has twelve teams, for fewer than the men. The women's tournament started in ninety six with eight teams, grew to ten and oh four and then twelve in eight. It's FIFA's hope that the switch to sixteen teams we made in time for the twenty twenty eight Olympics in LA. For more women's sports stories, subscribed A Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 21: It is the latest weather forecast from news Radio seven hundred WLA say.
Speaker 7: A warm weekend temperatures this morning. Starting off in the fifties, we climbed to the upper seventies this afternoon under mostly sunny skies, and tonight we remain quiet as we dip down into the lower sixties. Sunday, We're looking at partly cloudy skies, maybe an isolated shower in the morning, but it really does look dry now with high temperatures in the upper seventies, breezy conditions with westerly winds around fifteen miles per hour, potentially gusting up to thirty eight times.
Speaker 1: Fromer severe weather station.
Speaker 7: I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Erica Kolora News Radio seven one hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Sonny right now.
Speaker 16: Our current temperature fifty degrees are. An acceupdate is at nine o'clock. I'm Sean Galvagher's radio seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 21: News twenty four hours a day. He's a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Good morning kids, Time for gifts from Wally Higher Education. A young co ed comes to her young professor's office, stands at the doorway, glances up and down the hall, walks into his office, closes the door, and then she walks over to his desk and kneels and pleadingly says, I would do anything to pass this exam, Professor. She leans closer, flips her hair back, and gazes meaningfully into his.
Speaker 10: Eyes and says, I mean anything. He returns her gaze and he says, you do anything. She said anything. His voice softens, you mean anything as they get closer, and she said anything at all. His voice turns into a whisper, and he says, would you.
Speaker 13: Study seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: We all hear the radio ads about the irs. They tell you to be afraid to be scared, and they try to bar alrighty, back to football. Time to talk some Bearcats and the rest of the full spectrum of college football. Big games today, the playoffs, Maybe we'll get into the MLB playoffs, one series still yet to be set, and of course Bengals football for all of that, for that three hundred and sixty degree kind of look. See the one and only Moegar.
Speaker 12: Hey, mo, what's going on?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Saturday morning? Sitting here, got a producer that got a producer that was late, overslept. You know about that.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do, Okay.
Speaker 1: I tried to reassure him as he was insisting that this was his last day because he was going to be fired. I said, oh no, Moegger overslept on Jim Scott plenty of times.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'll follow.
Speaker 1: All right. So anyway, and this is the thing in our business. If you're late in our business, not only your boss knows, not only the people you work with know, but everyone who's listening knows. We make sure of that.
Speaker 3: Mo.
Speaker 1: That U see Bearcats taking on Florida and UCF in a game that I didn't know whether it was going to happen earlier in the week, And I text you and you said, no, that they can't cancel it or whatever, or or move it. But what are the conditions at UCF in the area.
Speaker 4: Based on what I've seen? Fine, you know, I uh, they're paying attention to some of the people who cover not just football here but but report on happenings in Orlando over the course of the week. Pretty minimal damage in this part of the state. The stadium itself was structurally okay. I think the question was always going to be were they going to have enough people to staff the game, and was the state going to tell them that we need your emergency recourses used elsewhere. Obviously that wasn't the case, and so they're playing. But yeah, you know, I had heard early in the week that maybe the game was going to be played a day later on Sunday. What they were never going to do was move the game to a different venue. They were not going to move the game to a different city unless this was unplayable.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, it's not very good. How do you see this game? Let's let's talk about the actual contest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty high scoring, you know, the Bearcats number one in the Big Twelve and offensive efficiency against the UCF team that over the last three games has really been exposed defensively, especially in the back end. They have only three sacks on the season, and so the Bearcats should be able to score today. The question is can they get stops. You know, against Texas Tech they scored forty one points, but unfortunately, you know, defensively, they were sort of helpless against an NFL caliber running back. Today they go up against the quarterback and kJ Jefferson, who has struggled throwing the football but is really good with his legs. It's really hard to bring down. I think the other question about UC. You know, college football is a little bit different than the NFL in this regard. In the NFL, they have injury reports, they have to disclose who practices, who's limited in practice, and who doesn't practice. Right, college football, there's no such requirements. So that game two weeks ago, you see his last game, a lot of guys got injured during that game. How many of those players are available today, That's going to be one of the storylines obviously early.
Speaker 12: In the game.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic. Let's go through a few more of these major college football games today, and there's a big slate of games. Alabama trying to recoup after getting beaten by my Vanderbilt Commodoor's moll. I haven't had a chance to talk to you about this, but I had not been more excited about a college football game's outcome than I was the Commodores upending the Crimson Tide last week in Nashville. You know, as someone who's been inside that stadium that used to be my playground, that used to be my playground, that town, and to know and to see the craziness that ensued in that you know, once in a lifetime victory was just amazing. Alabama bouncing back against South Carolina. What are the odds of Alabama dropping two in a row to sec that they're not supposed to lose to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, again, big favorites this week. I think that game, Alabama's loss was more about what Vanderbilt did with the quarterback Diego Pavea than anything that Alabama was deficient in. But I do think if you go back two weeks ago when they played Georgia, Alabama's defense was kind of exposed in the second half that continued against Vanderbilt. I think South Carolina is good enough to at least keep it clothes based on that.
Speaker 1: Yep, the Vanderbilt student section cheer wasn't necessary, which, of course, is that's all right, that's okay, You're going to work for us someday. Hey, criminal justice major meat neuroscientist Clemson. Clemson travels to Wake Forest. You know anything about that, Yeah.
Speaker 4: A little bit. Clemson's rebounded pretty nicely after getting hammered by Georgia earlier in the season. Delos Swingey has taken a lot of heat for the way he's kind of run his program. He doesn't take in trans first in an era where pretty much everybody takes on transfers. But they have a good team, a better team that I think people realize a lifetimeers.
Speaker 1: Red River Rivalry, first edition SEC version Texas and Oklahoma. Is this a shoe in for the Longhorns.
Speaker 12: I think it is.
Speaker 4: Oklahoma is not good enough offensively, Texas defense has come leaves and bounds from what it was earlier in the season. It's either them are Ohio State is the best team of college football. I don't think this game is necessarily close. I don't think it's a huge lopsided blowout, but Texas, in my opinion, is decidedly better in the sitters.
Speaker 1: Number four Penn State the Nitney Lyons going to the left coast to play USC.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Interesting Penn State team, right, I mean, sort of get lost in the shuffle of all the really good Big Ten teams. James Franklin's had a hard time winning games like this. I think he breaks through.
Speaker 1: Today tonight the Bucks against the Ducks two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's remarkable. You know, Oregon has Dylan Gabriel who used to be a quarterback at UCS. I think this is going to be a really interesting game from two different perspectives. Number one, is Ohio State's defense as good as it is statistically, this is their first real major test. And then I think from a from the standpoint of quarterback play, right, can can the Buckeyes in a game like this get the sort of quarterback play that the young man Howard wasn't able to provide Kansas State? I think there's still questions about that, but I think Ohio State's on a different level of the Oregon. I think they go on the road as three point favorites can win.
Speaker 1: Old Miss playing at thirteen LSU. That's a huge sc matchup too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, it definitely is Brian Kelly versus Lane Kiffen, two polarizing college football personalities. Expect a lot of points.
Speaker 1: K State at Colorado do the do the prime times come up with a victory at home?
Speaker 4: This is going to be a really really interesting game because I thought coming into the season Kansas State was the best team in the Big Twelve. Everybody felt like Colorado got exposed when they got housed by Nebraska. The offensive line was terrible, but they'd been much much better. They came to UCS and got a big road win, came back and beat Baylor. They have the most interesting and most entertaining player in college football in Travis Hunter.
Speaker 1: I like the Buffaloes and finally, my commodores in the Commonwealth of Kentucky to face the Wildcats. Can you handicap this SEC gig because I still think Pavia or Pavia the quarterback is the biggest news in the SEC this year. From what I've seen of them, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would agree. Kentucky's defense is terrific. You know, we saw what they did against Georgia, and we saw what they did in the win at Ole. Miss Mark Stoups is going to have that defense ready. But Vanderbilt has the best quarterback in this game life Commodoerce.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic. Let's turn our attention to a team that is desperately trying to get its second win of the year when we thought we might be looking at its fourth at this point, the Bengals on the road in the Meadowlands. Is there any end to our misery in Bengal Land?
Speaker 4: I think so. I think the Bengals are an interesting sort of by low candidate, if you will. The offense is simply too good and has played too efficiently to think that the losing is going to continue. Now, the ceiling for this team might be lower than we thought coming into the year because of their defensive deficiencies. But no, Burrow is having a season that statistically is better than two years ago when he was an MVP finalist. They're mostly healthy on all offense. He's getting sacked at a at a lower rate than at any point in his career. And so, you know, we could talk all day about how bad they are defensively, and they have all sorts of issues. I'm not sure without their top wide receiver Elaitue Neighbors that the Giants are going to be able to do to the Bengals offensively what the Washington Commanders and Baltimore Ravens did. They got to be better on third down, which means you got to be better on early downs. And then to think about the Bengals defensively, is they're bad on third down because typically on third down the other team has, you know, third and one or third and two. So that's got to change. But when I'm when I'm getting Joe Burrow, and when I'm getting a healthy offense, and when I'm getting an offense that is performing as well as this unit is number two in the NFL and offensive efficiency, I'm not betting against him. And so the schedule over the next four weeks. I know he said this at the beginning of the season. The schedule over the next four weeks is pretty forgiving to me. The goal is to get to that second ball more game on November the sixth or seventh, that Thursday after Election Day, get to that game at four and five, and then see if you could use that game as a jumping off point. I think they can do that, all.
Speaker 1: Right, fantastic One last question, Maeger, rooting for your Mets against the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess so. You know, the thirteen year old in me is is hoping the Mets can get back to the World Series and win for the first time since in nineteen eighty six. I'm just rooting for a good, long series though, right, And it's a bit of a callback. The Mets and Dodgers have played in the postseason a bunch of times eighty eight and the NLCS two thousand and six, twenty fifteen, and so I think it's going to be a really fun series. The Mets have been terrific since June first. The Dodgers have been terrific all season long, and it kind of felt like they were almost portrayed as underdogs in that series against San Diego. They win a bullpen game in Game four and then obviously went again home last night. It should be a fun series and should be a fun game today in Cleveland between the Guardians of Detroit Tigers.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I have a fantastic weekend. Enjoy the football game today. Mo egar with us on the on the verge of the u C u c F game this afternoon right here on the home of the Bearcats. Rams and Ransom in Ohio. Hello, Ransom, to what do we owe this?
Speaker 6: To?
Speaker 1: What do we owe this? Honor?
Speaker 14: Sir, Well, I listen to you guys on every Saturday, so God bless you. I had something, you know, I know you're a Christian guy, and I had something very unusual happened yesterday. I'm a courier all over the state of Ohio with my company, and so I'm driving along and never had called into the Sean Hennity Show before, and he you know, of course, Shawn's talking about the election and this and not whatever and I've been doing some studying about the Christian vote in this election, and to my calling, findings is that fifty percent of all people are claiming to be Christian in the country are.
Speaker 27: Planning on voting. So you got forty nine or one point or one hundred and four million Christians they're simply not going to vote and so and some of the statistics is that pastors are discouraging their people from voting, not getting involved in the political process, which is really appalling.
Speaker 1: Well, God gave us. God gave us the government we have, and he expects us to honor that gift by individually celebrating Him and the freedom he has given us to go cast our ballots. Ransom, Well, that's cool, you got on and I'm glad you got on with us this morning for a few minutes. I've got to run though, I'm way out of time.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, yeah, yeah, I just want to let you know that I'm actually going to be called back by the shawhand. It's called tomorrow between one and four, and if people could be praying, I'll be able to give a national call out to the church to vote this such election. So thank you for letting me be on today.
Speaker 1: Oh you bet you there's a national call out right there. Mike Allen, real quickly, what's on Saturday midday to day, sir?
Speaker 30: Hey on the rant, we're gonna be talking about CBS and the debacle of the sixty minutes interview of their girl Kamala and how they covered it up and made her look better than she really and ja truly is I mean the nerve of these people, well, I mean they get caught because they show a promo giving her one answer to the question and then the interview ears and it's a totally different answer.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what that tells me? They don't care.
Speaker 30: They're accountable to no one. They're gonna give us all the finger and say, you know we're gonna do this which finger? What else is on the show? Gonna talk to Russ Mock about local gop races at eleven o'clock and Janis Heisel at ten. We've got Janis for the hour. I'm gonna talk about what's going on in the Trump campaign. But Janie and the Epic Times did a deep dive into this nut case Ryan Ralph, the one that they caught uh at the at the golf courtse Yeah, This guy is nuts and boy a lot of people were warned about him.
Speaker 1: Really looking forward to that. You won't hear that anywhere else, all right, Mike Allen, Saturday midday, Just ahead next after the show, show at Huddles Cafe, big screens, cold beer. Come see us.
Speaker 13: Bags are us, We're terrible roofers Base