Speaker 1: Sorry. One of my programs that I forgot to log into literally is I was just getting started now requires me to pop open the Outlook at Ross, is this for YouTube? Open the Outlook app, and then do a face thing with my phone.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that. That's not seeing that awful.
Speaker 1: That's awful. It worked, geez man. Yeah, because normally I'm straggling Ross and I are talking about whatever's going on off the air, and it's it's literally just one other thing and I can literally type it in while I'm talking. And just made me do that, So that's oh, you know what, It's probably a trap. Ross. You know that. You know the lady who emails us the traps all day and then we're like not supposed to click on anything, so they don't click on any That's.
Speaker 2: Their job to come up with traps to fool people.
Speaker 1: Just like cyber information vice president person and I how she has like the blueprint for your face and she's gonna make a mask in your face. Oh no, commit it's gonna stay on. My face will stay on.
Speaker 2: No, no, she's gonna wear the mask of your face.
Speaker 1: Oh, so my face will be off me and on her like face off. Oh no, oh, I just can't stand Oh man, this is why we needed a three day weekend to hide from dude. That is so what a random thing just to switch up, all right, But that might be me too, because my email has been acting so squirrely with the native iPhone app after the iOS update. You can ask Ross, I've had some negative things to say.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe that's because I then had to reload the Outlook app.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll find out. So coming up on the show today, Pete callen Er will join us for the last time. Maybe though, right Rosters just telling me something horrendous.
Speaker 2: I was gonna listen, I was gonna wait, I'm gonna drop the bomb on Pete Calendar. Oh no, I'm gonna drop the bomb is going to be dropped midday w b T.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is Pete. We chat every Friday. People seem to like him. He's not as weird as Jeff Bellinger, right, nobody thinks he's an alien, all right? So what what? What horrible skeleton is in this guy's called?
Speaker 2: Right, So I'm gonna drop the bomb? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm literally leaning against the wall and holding onto the bar.
Speaker 2: Pete Calendar go ahead. Pete Calendar has been banned from the Olive Garden.
Speaker 1: What that's it? That's the bomb? What? What? What is that? You can't trust him? You can't trust him? How do you? How does one do that? How does one come back from that? But how does one do that? Oh? Man?
Speaker 2: He went to the bathroom at the Olive Garden with the stall door open, and he was like, hey, I thought we were family here and they were like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get out here. The family does right, yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, your band? Oh man, that's the bomb. So now we have beef or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll have beef. Beef's good for ratings. Right. Do you think Kanye will come in and try to mediate this beef?
Speaker 2: I hope?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Ah, what is happening? What is happening? Now? Here's the deal. The media has never been so excited. They didn't even have to make They didn't have to make something up. I mean they're gonna make parts of it up, and they're gonna you know, motives and things like that, but like there's a there there. They didn't have to go a whole hog Russian kalue. Ah, what do we do? Let's say use a manchurin candidate. All right, get it, stat let's do it like they didn't have to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, Like, you know, the most powerful man on the planet and the richest on the planet having beef, that's a story.
Speaker 1: That is a story. Look if I got to listen to two OnlyFans hose or reality show hose have beef and then they report on it for years for reasons I don't understand. I don't even know who these people are. Still, Yeah, the richest man and the most powerful man having beef is probably a better storyline, probably not a good one, And just like it creates these weird scenarios. And I've noticed I have noticed a lot of our audience who are probably Trump and Musk fans, going, yah, I'll just sit this one out, or some combination of that, or Musk is just musket. Trump's just doing what he's doing. Must doesn't get it, but I think I don't know. Musk kind of gets stuffed too. So and then there's an argument over whether the CBO with the with maintaining the Trump tax cuts is doing their games, which I'm sure some of that is because that's what the CBO historically has done. And I don't know, but I just know that the media is so excited, they're so happy.
Speaker 2: And hand in hand with that, and you probably mean the same thing, but like the Democrats as well, because.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was my Yes, that's the other half of this where things are weird because all of you who are like, no, that's hitlor No, that's Hitler, No, that's Hitler, And you're like, ah, who's more Hitler Hitlary? Who's more Hitlary? And they're like they're both, They're the worst. Yeah, I hate them. Now you got a root for one? How do you feel about that? I mean it's one thing on the on the right where somebody has to look at two people that they probably really liked and now they may make a decision that they like one less. Although a lot of them are kind of just like whatever, we'll see where it goes. You were all in on there, both Satan and you, and like remember, like the attacks on Elon Musk were full scale. They were full scale. They wanted and Steve Bannon is a lunatic. Steve Bannon, uh over the New York Post. They got a big thing, but he was he was going off, man, Oh no, where is this on Trump to deport Elon Musk and seize SpaceX.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk is going to be a dude without a country now, like he's going to be on an island because like you said, they.
Speaker 1: Don't like evil genius. If you think he's evil, which I don't, by the way, but you don't want an evil genius with his own island and all the money. Have we not seen this play out?
Speaker 2: It is so dumb too from people on the right, specifically like Ungress, like to alienate somebody like you had your own George Soros that would be able to fund every campaign to the end of time and not even blink about its gonna and right now and now you made a super villain who's off at both sides.
Speaker 1: If he gets a hairless cat, you should all retire. You don't you know what what's coming? Man, it's a hairless cat, his own island, like Ross just talked about, Zuck got one. You think Musk couldn't find one. There's lots of islands for sale. You want to, like Johnny Depp seven, what if it's a work. Have you considered that.
Speaker 2: I am an individual who believes that the Montreal Screwjob was a work. So I'm willing to like look at things and look a little deeper or dumber than most people, depending on where your position is.
Speaker 1: Would you explain them Montreal screwed Job, Please, just real quick for people what you're talking about. It is not a brothel raid.
Speaker 2: No. It was a classic match between Shawn Michaels and Brett Hart. And Brett Hart was champion at the time of the WWF or they call it w WE whatever, and they were having this match believe it was what was it Survivor Series, I'm not sure, but it was they were. It was in Montreal and Brett was supposed to get Brett was supposed to give up the belt to Shawn Michaels because he was leaving, right he was going to leave, and Vince McMahon screwed him over by letting Shawn Michaels away right right, And it was like a big deal and people are like, oh, it was a real thing that happened, and Vince McMahon screwed him over and this is why he went to w c W and it started the Attitude era, and some people believe the entire thing was a work done by Brett Hart and Jim Cornett and I'm kind of there. Yeah, but recently I've sort of moved away. But what I'm saying is I can look at something and be like, maybe maybe it's a work. Maybe yes, this, I don't think so, Oh you don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think the Montreal screwjob is more has a chance of being a work more than this. Okay, yeah, and that's a streat.
Speaker 1: Bringing Kanye in to mediate though, I mean again, I can't reiterate how and now they didn't bring him in. He just popped in like a like a prairie dog.
Speaker 2: Just yeah. But he took a break from posting swastikause to be like, hey, you guys need to chill out.
Speaker 1: Did you not see where he took his Hitler song and he changed the to like Jesus or something? Oh?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 1: He but kept the song the same, It changed like two words. Why so it'll get airplay? I don't. I still don't think it's gonna work. I don't. I have no idea that maybe I I I have to look up what it was. But it was so weird. It was but it was last weekend and I didn't care. So what is going on. Man, Oh no, Taylor Swift unseated as world's youngest self made female billionaire. The hits keep coming. Yeah, but the Steve Bannon thing here? What what Steve Banner calls on Trump to deport Elon Musk and see SpaceX quote strong belief that he is an illegal alien? What are we doing here? This is not helpful. I And by the way, I'm fine. I The one thing that you'll not see reported in all of this is when was the last time you had two really high profile Democrats with a beef like this over over a big, big, big issue. When was the last time that happened?
Speaker 2: Anything that came close to maybe when Kamala took over the presidency of the campaign to you know, try to get elected and they kind of push Biden out, but that I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not but even that, not really But.
Speaker 2: There was this line, right, there wasn't this sort of like public bickering.
Speaker 1: So right, yeah, I mean you knew it was going on there, So I don't know. Old thing's a mess, all right? Coming up on the show, Like I said, we'll talk to Pete Calendar perhaps for the last time, because Ross has beef now maybe I don't know. Does Pete know you have beef?
Speaker 2: No, it has no idea.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he's gonna be blind sided. Oh it's gonna be great. So we'll do that at eight oh five. We got a bunch of other stuff to get into as well. But right now six nineteen, hang on back in a few so we we just renovated the studios in Raleigh. Greensboro was renovated because we moved to a new location, so I was a little more familiar with the layout from popping over to Greensboro to do broadcast. Ross had not seen the full new kitchen layout, the standardized iHeart radio layouts. What's your beefing?
Speaker 2: Is the microwave the same way in Greensboro? Yes, it's the dumbest.
Speaker 1: Man, It's so dumb. Ross Like Ross, he made a video of himself yelling at the floor in the microwave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said some videos and sent them to market this morning. Yeah, and I just I sent you the copy of it. Yeah, because the microwave.
Speaker 1: Is on the floor, it's not technically on the face like it's it's a cabinet set up, and the microwave is you know, built in but below counter.
Speaker 2: Microwave should be on the counter or above the counter, like like on like a shelf.
Speaker 1: But it's a specific type. It's a specific But you've got aesthetic and there's a style, guy, you've got to do I'm not making that up. There's a style.
Speaker 2: It's well, it's dumb. You've got to do a full squat all the way down, Yeah, to push the buttons put any food in.
Speaker 1: And it's very close. It's you're on the floor, so you're not on the you're not tactically on the floor. You what do you do before you work out?
Speaker 2: Listen, you're you're like six foot something. You're gonna throw out your back trying to use this microwave.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you're concerned.
Speaker 2: I know I'm being one thousand percent serious. Anybody listen.
Speaker 1: It's look, it's so dumb with you. It's dumb. I just don't use.
Speaker 2: I honestly thought of you this morning when I looked at it, because you're a tall dude, and I'm like, you're gonna have to go in there, and you're gonna it's gonna be impossible for you to make food in this. That's they don't want you to eat. That's the point. They want you to say, want me stretched?
Speaker 1: They want you to limber up and do the thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it didn't make any sense to me either when I first sat in Greensboro.
Speaker 2: Who's that morbidly obese country guy that won like like a jelly roll If you're like a jelly roll type guy and you roll in here and you're like, hey, I'm visiting the Ihrist, I'm gonna get some to eat maybe, and he goes in there.
Speaker 1: You're going to kill the man. I don't think he's I think he's doing the ozepic. Now, Oh is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw something whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, so he might be able to make the squad to heat up his hot pops.
Speaker 1: I get it. He might be able to pull it off. Yeah, did you not know microwaves on the ground, phones higher up and things not re expect them. So it's just and it's more than it's a conscious decision because it's a.
Speaker 2: Style guide, right, So it's in like all the building's nuts. Like if I rented an Airbnb and I went in the kitchen and the microwave was on the floor, I had to do a floor It is on the floor, No, it isn't you know it isn't It's much lower than it is, much lower than oven level. You need to do a full squad, yes, that is true, but he's on the floor. You need to do a full squat to use the microwave. I don't even use the microwave. It's just dumb. I'm looking at it like you might as well put the phones on the ceilings, same thing, you know, and it would be symbolic of you need you need to rise at the occasion to make the sale. It's like one of those the motivational motivational posters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the little frog hanging out the thing hang on, buddy, you got this, you can do this, or the jet one, or any of the stupid ones they put up there. I liked. I did like how those became so mockable that occasionally you'd roll into a hip place of work and you could because you could buy really funny parody ones of those. Did you ever see any of those? And then people would just they'd be like randomly put in there to see if anyone was paying attention. I saw one, and I remember it was one of our listeners. I think swapped it out at where they work. If they work somewhere down in Sandford. I just remember it was one of the funniest emails ever got. They swapped it out. They look like it, but it was a parody. And I don't know if it was the frog one, but of the motivational posters, and he just swapped it out one day and he said, nobody noticed time.
Speaker 2: How I said the video to Marquee before I sent it to you. So she wrote back and she goes, maybe there's a little person they're trying to accommodate Tampa.
Speaker 1: I told you about Tampa. You're talking about Schnitt. Yeah, so Schnitt. Todd Schnitt did a morning show in tama I guess he does it again now. But he did it for many many years under the moniker MJ MJ in the morning, very popular show, and they had one of the one of the team members. And it was not a talk show per se. It was a Zukru morning show. And one of his co hosts was a little person.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought, I thought you meant Schnitt was the little person.
Speaker 1: Now, now that's not fair. Joe PAGs is much shorter. Sean Hanley too, So what isn't as handedy a small person. Is he like, is he tiny dude?
Speaker 3: He is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, really he's fun size. Oh I had no idea, Yeah I did. I had no idea either until years and years and years ago during the RNC and Saint Paul's this would be well before I ever are broadcast in North Carolina. Fox News had a you know, they had an event as part of the RNC and they all their hosts are there. It was a dinner. So since we were the Fox News radio station, we got the invite over to the dinner thing. And Sean was there, and Glenn Beck was there and no Limbaugh. But yeah, and I will say this, he was incredibly Sean Henny was incredibly nice. But yeah, there's a lot of guys in the radio. They're a lot shorter than you think. So anyway, but back to back to Tampa. So one of Schnid's Zuokru morning show guys was a little person. So if you the first time I ever broadcast out of the Tampa iHeart facility, I'm walking around, I'm like, what was was What's going on with these doors man? Because you got every these heavy studio doors, they have the regular handle and then they would have a handle down on the floor basically, but like a ster already won because these doors are really heavy, the radio station doors, because you know, it's essentially soundproofing the room. And then they would have those and then you go in the bathroom and then they have like a little sink and paper towel thing and a super low urinalise.
Speaker 2: I mean that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, yeah, And I think it was part of a kind of a bit but a previous renovation they did on it, and I don't know if it still persists there that I haven't been back to the Tampa facility in quite a number of years. But yeah, man, they they went through the whole Rigama row there. But they also got slushy machines slushy machines there. So like those guys are living high on the hog down in Tampa, all right, a little distracted, they're apologize, which let me do this. Yeah, so I hate to ruin this very fun discussion about.
Speaker 2: What is this.
Speaker 1: I googled and it said Sean is six foot all right, then go with Google, sir, go with Google. How's that? Okay, that's it's not He's not a He's not a dwarf. I'm not. I'm just I don't know. It's just some people. Glenn Back's taller. Do you think he is?
Speaker 2: You know, you know, I would think the opposite. I would think, like right Back was small, and I would think Hannity is tall. So that's weird.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, it's it's nothing crazy. But I don't know. I just it was just the thing that popped in the head. I don't know you guys have met For those of you who met Ross and I had a listener event, you never met us before. I can't tell you the number of times people are like I just assumed you had three heads, or I thought you were a skinny person. Somebody said that to me once. That was nice, thank you. What's truth? So we said that a listener event, I thought you were skinny. I'm like, really, what gave you that impression? What would have conveyed that information.
Speaker 2: Jesse Kelly's like eight foot two. Did you know that he's like nine feet tall?
Speaker 1: What was he in this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was in the studio, but I didn't I didn't meet him, right.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, the dude is like eleven feet tall.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I think you're making stuff.
Speaker 2: The dude is like the Nephilom.
Speaker 1: He's like stuff stuff being speaking of making stuff up, you want to hear some stuff made up, because apparently that's what we do. So remember we told you that the the family of the Boulder, Colorado terrorist LEDs terrorists there. They're like, ah, you're getting insta deported. And and and again I pointed out I thought that they I knew they had different visas. I did not realize theirs was had expired as well. So and also I still don't know how they came to go ahead and to acquire those visas. So the big a lot of questions there. So anyway, they're like, well, this isn't working out, so we're gonna send you back to your country of origin in this case Egypt. And then a judge stepped in. It's like, no, you can't do that, because that's all the judges do now, just basically run the other branches of government. Well, a little bit of an issue, a little bit of an issue. Here, here we go those two. There's two things on this story. Why is this thing being a jerk? All right? Here we go. One the lawyer this guy hired, which I'll get to here in just a moment. But this right here after, USA Today wrote a glowing piece. Here's what it says, said boulders excuse to be bolder. Suspect's daughter dreamed of studying medicine. Now she faces deportation. Yep, I don't know if you know this. You can study medicine in Egypt. I actually had a doctor in the US who was originally from Egypt. He went there. I know he did medical school here too, but he was a doctor in Egypt. Then he came to the United States and did the doctor thing here. So like it can happen, probably isn't gonna happen for you, but you can go. You know, you can go in Egypt and be a doctor. They need doctors, I think, and I remember Egypt being like one of the highest rates of doctors in that part of the world too. For some weird reason. You know which country has the highest rate of doctors as per one hundred thousand It's really strange. Ross. Do you know what country has the most doctors per capita?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think the guests would probably be But you're saying it's not going to because it's some weird answer like Japan or India or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone would think that. No, not not even not even the right side of the world, Western Argentina. No, no, you got the language correct though. Cuba. Huh. Yeah, I don't know what kind of doctors they are, but I'm sure you know. Yeah, that was one of the Fidel's big things. He's like, ah, everything sucks, and if you don't do stuff, we'll seize your land. And we're throwing everyone who's gay or voted against me or doesn't like me in this prison over here to die. You know, we need a bunch of doctors. And so they literally just started churning out doctors. Man, so now they have the highest per capita number of doctors. And then he would use it to brag about his health health insurance there, and then Michael remember when Michael Moore fell for it, when he went down to Cuba and he's like, this is great, look at this, this is amazing. But they took over to the propaganda hospital. Yeah, that's what that was about. So yeah, Cuba's the answer. So you know, Egypt's probably better in Cuba, So there you go, all right, But then I saw this, and I always love when people who basically have no use for religion. Start making the religious argument, right, they'll ignore it all day. The policies they advocate for the beefs that they have the respect for the practice of it in the visible manner, they have no tolerance for any of that. But when they want to get trump man, they're all about the Bible. Here we go that.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Sachs, the writer is a college professor first, I think at Acadia.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's up in the Pacific Northwest with all those lunatics. He's just one example of several. But he went and posted the whole thing. He said, do not punish a child for the crimes of the parent. It's a concept so powerfully obvious that even God was forced to accept it. First of all, was God forced to accept it? That's that's a question. But there it is. Ross. You probably just got done reading this. It's in Deuteronomy. You have taught me as as you live. I am avoiding my words and fulfilling your words. As is stated, fathers shall not put to be put to death for children, and children shall not be put to death for fathers.
Speaker 2: Right, but they're not being put to death. They're being sent back home and they all broke the law right when they came.
Speaker 1: Here takes you know, the Bibles and allegory.
Speaker 2: But they came here like a visa, right they did, and then it was in a way it expired. Yeah, are you sent wild?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I mean put to death is an analogy for being sent back to Egypt? Oh it is? Okay, I guess I don't know. But also that person's.
Speaker 2: But also God didn't accept it. He gave the laws to Moses, so no.
Speaker 1: He accepted, he says, to learn the guy's tweet. Okay, God was forced to accept it. Yeah, probably gunpoint. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Kind of leverage do you have to have to pull that off.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Man, that's somebody with some sway. I'll tell you what. Yeah, yeah, I love it. I love it. When we start going through the the Hey, remember this, this this Bible thing I heard about one time. I have no use for in most of my life. Oh wait, hold on, hold on, second Kings, rass second Kings, Deuteronomy and second Kings. And the Lord commanded saying, father's will not be put to death for children, and children will not be put to death for fathers.
Speaker 2: Right, So we're not putting them to death. That's that's so.
Speaker 1: But we're not doing that. So I'm not a biblical scholar. I don't I I I don't know. So yeah. Also, that's a really good argument against reparations, now that you bring it up, sir, you know what I'm saying. That's a good point. Yeah, that is a great point. Oh wait, you brought it up twice. Oh I'm gonna have to memory hold that. Yeah. Right, so no, no reparations. Good, all right, I'm glad. I'm glad we agree on this. You absolute flaming lunatics. What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you? It says put to death in both instances, and you're not able to and what you're like wall like that. It could be any penalty doesn't mean anything. And by the way, they're not being they're not even being deported for their father's crimes. Their technically are here illegally.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what I had mentioned, right, So like.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, did bring that up.
Speaker 2: It's their individual crime. So because they have committed it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she's by the way that the girl uts go to medical is an adult, so that's a g Yes, she's eighteen. It might be nineteen. It's absurd. So that's that's an adult. That person can vote. Well, I mean they can't or they I hope they didn't. But if they were here legally and they were a citizen or you know, they could vote.
Speaker 2: You mentioned before they you know, she had the dreams of being a doctor. Now I have a question about now the people that were set on fire. Did they have dreams of being set on fire? Was that like their dream? What were their dreams? What aunt for the.
Speaker 1: One lady got set on fire? Her dreams was to sue the Trump administration over stopping asylum immigrants. I'm not making that up. One of the people got set on fire is part of a nonprofit that sued the Trump administration after they started halting asylum cases coming in from the Middle East. Think about that. I came in from Egypt. I'm pres can is the milon Ross? Would you see if Egypt is in the Middle East? Ross gonna look that up? Is checking checking? Is it near all that stuff?
Speaker 2: It's coming up here? It's a it's an Africa and they're all black.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right? Who because I thought it was, you know, basically a peninsula away from Israel. And right up in all this so okay, yeah, no, I suspect getting lit on fire was not their dreams there I do then the amount of insane announcis and this thing is just off the charts. What is what is it like the the l Salvador MS thirteen guy didn't work out for you? They're like, well, she's not at least she's not the terrorist in the family. And she's not then I know of, but also she's also not the person who has legal status to stay in the country like I I don't even I don't even know what the family was planning on doing. His work authorization ran up. That's weird. How would he work? Judging by a video floating around from Virginia, we may have some answers.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so this is this is the next martyrdom, This is the next hill that they're gonna die on. Is are you gonna are democrats going to go into the facility where they I don't even know where they are go sit around is? I'm sure CNN will run in there, want to do an interview, a big, weepy interview like they did with the the Columbia University protester's wife. He's like, I'm pregnant. Now what's what are we gonna do? And it's like, I don't know, maybe her husband should be running around like kill the Jews. You can't go to school because you're Jewish. We're blocking the door. And they did the big weepy interview. That's common, that's common. I remember. The video that is most in formative and most instructive on this is a video not from CNN, not for any of that, but rather from the father himself, who said point blank the jihad against the Zionists is more important than his mother and his wife and his family. Dude was committed. So that's you know, that video should be somewhat instructive when reviewing some of these things. Okay, all right, we'll something to chew on there. I mentioned the guy's lawyer. I only got about thirty seconds here, so let me do this. I will. I will come back and just give you the details there. That's I don't understand what's going on there. I would have assumed one of these moon bad organizations would have given him a super duper lawyer, but this guy who's his lawyer, I's just wait for it. We'll do that We've got Pete Calender coming up at eight oh five. Lots to get to it is the CaCO Day radio program. Hang on, coming up, We're gonna play some view audio. It's not because I hate you, but because it's that stupid I have to. I have to play the audio from the view of Whoopee Goldberg saying the things she's gonna say, well, a couple things she's gonna say, and then, uh, you know, I just want you to analyze it when you hear it. We'll do that here in just a little bit. I just saw this ross. Uh oh. The Oriental Massage spa in El Paso, Texas has been shut down temporarily after an investigation showed that the employees were not doing the regular massages, but rather the ones that Robert Kraft likes. You know, the owner of the Patriots was worth like millions of dollars and still goes to a sixty dollars little Robbie Tuggy thing here, So there you go. Yes, an investigation that was launched the beginning of the year culminated on Friday as a state judge in Texas temporarily shut down So what if they start giving regular massages. They're back in business. The location is five months long enough of an investigation. January, February, March, April May, I mean May thirtieth, was this day? Five months?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: You do you even have an idea? What's going on in there? Yeah? You got you gotta get this thing to a year, man, Like, maybe it was an accident each time your officer went in there over the last five months, and inadvertently that happened, right, Maybe it was just an inexperienced messuse. Nahta you gotta run that thing for minimum six months I think is the rule here on the show, but probably closer to a year, just to be sure. Well, maybe that's a temporary part. They just think they'll get back at it. You know, Ross's wife loves these places.
Speaker 2: I had forgotten all about this. Still you brought it up, dur and Break. What a great story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, I'm not just I'm not just harassing Ross. This is a great story.
Speaker 2: I think it was after Markie had Lincoln and she was visiting her mom or down there in Louisiana and her mom got a gift certificate for for her massage.
Speaker 1: New mom. What a great gift, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she comes back and her and her back is just black and blue, and she said it was the worst massage of her of her life, and it was like they were just punching her back like they were She's on the table, and yeah, she's on the table, and you got the you know, the Asian people that work there whatever, and they're just like like pounding on her back. She said it was super uncomfortable, but she didn't want to be rude and be like, you know, what the hell you guys doing, so she.
Speaker 1: Like, why do we try to break me? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, her back looked like she was attacked. And then the place was busted a few months later for you know, the sexual stuff that they were doing there. So you know, that remind me of the lobby and parking lot.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite part of the story.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 1: Oh there were a bunch of construction trucks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right, yes, yeah, yeah, So it's just a matter you know that. The theory is that, you know, Marky went in there for an actual massage. They didn't do you know, real massage. Yeah, so they just had to fake it until they made it, and they were just like pounding on her back like, is that good?
Speaker 1: That's what they like? Sweetish or something. Yeah, I just love the innocence of your mother in law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was super nice thing to do.
Speaker 1: What a nice gift for a mom, you know, ne mom, right, not a lot of sleep obviously, everything physical that goes along with having a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know she's still has PTSD from that massage experience. Well yeah, but now you're saving money on spas. I think they found a new place to go. Oh no, because they do like to go when she goes and visits. They do the mother daughter thing. And it's been too much that for five hours? Ladies, what is what is happening in there?
Speaker 1: I've had like I've had like girlfriends who are like, I'm gonna go to the get my haircut, Okay, I'll be back at eight. I'm like, it's ten in the morning.
Speaker 2: The haircuts are ridiculous. How long they last?
Speaker 1: Like you yes, yeah, I'm like, it's ten in the morning. We need to be back at eight. You're gonna go to a movie twice in the middle, What's how does that work? But no, they just go there the whole time. Craziness that not at this massage parlor in and out thirty minutes they're working on the clock. Man, So your wife just got a proper massage. They just bundled it into ten minutes to get into the hell out of there. I just love that they sell gift certificates too. That's that's really the funnies. That's the funniest part of the story. The fact that they have like one of the big, oversized looking piece of money with their name on it, like dah, here you go, one free handy, here you go. Like when when your mother in law went in there, like was that I had? Did you ask her if it was like a really awkward conversation with whoever was at the cash rise. Oh, I'd love to hear that or that lady's like yeah, yeah, we totally have gift certificates like nudge and her husband or whatever, like go go make something on the printer.
Speaker 2: Anyway, My point is five months is not enough a long enough time to really look into it, especially like you know, and like we've had past stories like this one obviously is where the joke comes from, and typically they take like two years or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Particulously Strip clubs and Sage Parlors Man there's a lot of people too. You got to get close to you know, it's the.
Speaker 2: South Park thing. Yeah, we need to more years to investigate the hookers.
Speaker 1: Very you want. You have crossed the t's and dot the eyes right. You don't want some you don't want some judge screwing up all your police work.
Speaker 6: Loop.
Speaker 1: So uh AnyWho? All right, that story's so dumb, but it reminded me of the story Ross told me about his wife, So I thought we had to do it. Uh, And I know you're excited. Ross. You're in a very good mood today. Is it because we're not here on Monday? Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've just had a good week. But you know, definitely it too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So for those who don't know, it had to take a day on Monday. So no show on Monday. It's fine. We're not fired. We didn't nobody silenced us. Ross got a tip that there's a map on the back of the Declaration of Independence and there's treasure to be found. I'm sorry, I shouldn't spilled the beans. So we're gonna look into that. Probably gonna have to steal it.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to kidnap the President.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted to visit Mount Vernon, Okay, looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: I've been there. It's very nice. And you've been to the catacombs. No, I did not know. I went to the grave. They have his grave there, which looks a little CATACOMBI but it's really just kind of like a carve out on the hill there. So but I'm sure the good stuff's behind it. You just got to push Washington's casket over and then it's probably where the door is. So maybe I'll try that next time anyway. Uh, And I'm assuming also it's because you're going to go down to the new playground today, right, Oh?
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 1: The Pulling Dix Park Complex.
Speaker 2: Very busy.
Speaker 1: You're not going to the Pulling Dick's playground.
Speaker 2: I was, you know, I'm very busy. This it opens today, calendar chuck full of me being busy.
Speaker 1: No wait, not just a playground at the Pulling Dicks Park Complex. It's a play plaza, the Pulling Dick's play Plaza. Actually, I think they're calling it like Gibson play Plaza, so it's got a separate name. But we're nostalgic here at the show, so we'll go with Pulling Dix. And for those of you that think I'm saying something dirty, I'm not. I'm just pointing out that the city of Raleigh decided to acquire the Dorothea Dix property known as the Dix Property, set it adjacent to Pulling Park, a long running, very popular spot in Raleigh if you're unaware, and they're right across the street from each other, and then in a series of community input sessions, talked about creating a land bridge between the two, thus combining them into one large scale park complex. And since both Pulling and Dix Dix are famous names and donated property within the city there who what do you do? This has long been a question here on the show. I've never really gotten a good answer. Is it Pulling Dix? Is it Dix Pulling? Is it DP that doesn't that's not any better? What do you do? And they're just trucking forward? That public input session was one of the greatest times too. They had people because people just show up who have no concept of money. They're the ones who vote for every bond roff front of them. They're like, what if we built a giant treehouse? These are by the way, I'm not making up these suggestions. What if we build a giant treehouse and put a library in there with the zip line to downtown Raleigh was a thing suggested and then it just got stupid from there. But they did had this playground which is pretty big. It also looks like something out of Mad Max. Is this the new thing with playgrounds now? They're super industrial looking ross. Did you see the picture on the Ril story?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't seen it. It's the first I've heard of it. I mean, the parks in wake Forest are like, you know, the playgrounds are super nice and child friendly. They just put one in near downtown and it's, oh man, it looks super cool. But like, yeah, so they're eighteen and a half acres now it's twenty twenty five. So they're also super COO certained about safety. So you don't have like the giant sort of slides of death you had when we were kids in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Do you have you have the gravel though that we landed on? Right?
Speaker 2: No gravel, it's this soft, weird turf stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like busted a bunch of busted up plastic. All right, hangout, I'm gonna send you this right now to show email super important stuff. Yeah, it looks it looks like how you would defend a water source in uh in a mad max environment, Which is fine. I think kids are gonna play on. They're probably gonna have a hell of a time. It's a giant park over at the Pulling Dicks Park comp excuse me, Pulling Dicks play Plaza. But today is the official grand opening, so it'll be just crawling with booger eaters.
Speaker 2: You remember how how super hot those slides of death in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why you gotta keep moving, bro.
Speaker 2: I had a horrible PTSD experience and one of the giant slides of death in the eighties. So I was at the playground. I had a camp we went to. The camp was called Macanchie's and it was in upstate New York. And so I'm on the giant slide of death. And these things were just like straight metal, right, and their reflective metals, so all the heats there right, and no safeguards and you could fall off the side. So somehow, and this this was traumatizing as a kid. You can imagine this, Okay, So I'm on top of the giant slide of death and I fall off the side of the top. Oh somehow, I don't remember how I fell, but I fell off to the left side of it. But there was a giant nail sticking out of the slide of Death in the top where you would sit.
Speaker 1: When playgrounds were better.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it caught my pants and it cut my pants, so my pants ripped and I was hanging there like a pinata, and the other kids are just pointing and laughing, and it was one of the most traumatizing experience. I'm like hanging on the slide naked.
Speaker 1: Do you understand how many pairs of pants as a kid by crotch was ruined? Because barbed wire is a thing? Oh I bett? Oh yeah, I can't tell you. My mom gets so mad because you know, we're we're just willing to get over the fence. So you push one arm down and then you try to sling yourself over and not catch it, and sometimes you catch yourself. I've hung off a fence before.
Speaker 2: I felt like it was embarrassing. I feel like Joe dirt being covered with the poopy where I'm just like hanging at the top of the slide, like, hey help, I'm naked.
Speaker 1: Here, just some predator going, it's my lucky day that one's not getting away, so awful to pick them off the shop.
Speaker 2: Hey, I've got to the point now where it can make fun of myself on the radio for it.
Speaker 1: So that's progress. Yeah, progress, Oh geezh. Anything like that at the polyN Dick's Park Playground, pot play Plaza, play Plaza, Yeah, yeah, I don't know if they have barbed wire and nils, I don't know. I just send you the story. Look at the look at it. That looks like and it's got a bunch of whirligigs, which I know we love those in North Carolina, so that's fine. But it is very industrial. But like if I was a kid, it also looks like I'd have a hell of time on this thing.
Speaker 2: It's it's super weird looking. It's quite the apparation. Yeah right, we'll tweet this out. At Casey on the rail it looks like something out of like American Ninja Warrior, but like you said, like industrialized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how to add is like the mad Max is the only thing I was thinking of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a Mad Max park. That's weird. That does not look safe either. Like that looks.
Speaker 1: Ay with a giant bane thing on his face. That looks like it's like that's the predator. It's the opposite of what they tend to produce now where they're like super safe and like there's no sharp edges. This looks like a giant knife. Oh it's super artsy, fartsy, that's what that's what's going on here. It's a giant knife. And I bet there's not a sharp thing to get you catch yourself on that. You can look like, look at the railings to the knobs are rounded like it's it's it's fake danger. Because you're right. They make the and there is a giant slide there. Look at that thing. It's a double slide. To look over on the far side of the far left side the picture. Doesn't that look like it goes around twice and then pops out. That's a dope.
Speaker 2: I say, bring back the slides, man, because this despite that experience I had on those slides back then were awesome. They had one that looked like like a rocket ship, like a like a space ship, and oh it's the coolest thing. Every kid wanted to be on that slide and it went way way up and way down, dude.
Speaker 1: They had one in the park below the high school, and just being dumb high school kick because we'd all go down because you can leave campus to go get food, and if it was Taco Tuesday, we'ld go to Taco John's, which, if you guys have never happened to a Taco John's, I'm so sorry. It's the greatest thing ever. It's a wyoming thing. But now they're all over and they have one in Tennessee. I've just never I'm not driving over there, but they, you know, they had Taco twos. And we go there and we go down to the park and I remember it was pouring rain one day, so of course we're like, it's a waterside now, and so we go on this thing and the first buddy goes down, he's kind of a fat dude, rolls his ankle because it's just it's rain in that her rolls his ankle and we're like, oh my gosh. And my other buddy, Matt Capcato, he goes down, rolls his ankle, and what do you think I did? I'm like, I'm gonna go down the slide. Didn't roll my ankle, but landing on my knee because you couldn't You couldn't orient yourself. There was so much water going down. So they can kill you in hot times. They can kill you in very wet times too. This one looks a little different. Although that guy who got Sue and Disney over the water slide ejecting him because he's a big, fatty dude. I probably shouldn't go in this slide, cau if you get stuck in there, no one can see you. Yeah, I'm trying to all right, here we go. Eighteen and a half acre playground opens today. The official time is not till four. Why would you open a playground but not till four? Normal hours though, will be eight to nine. I guess I'm stoking at the Yes, I had no idea this was going on. But that's a thing. But it'll probably be super overrun with kids for the first little bit, so plan accordingly. If you're heading over to the Pulling Dick's play Plaza Park complex thing, Okay, all right, we'll be right back. Hang on. But I got a text from a friend of mine. He's like, Hey, some of us are going to go to We're going to go and watch the game at this bar if you want to come by. Did not go. But yeah, so that was a thing. But Ross just all right, so explain this to me, like I'm like io.
Speaker 2: So they were interviewing Adam Silver this is a.
Speaker 1: Few days the League commission.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, and they were talking about, you know, do you think it's going to be a detriment to the finals that you have two small market teams?
Speaker 1: By the way, you have Oklahoma City and you have Indiana.
Speaker 2: Pacers, right, And he said, no, those are the teams he thought it would be a positive. And he gave an example. Ball He said, if it was another sport, the media would be saying it was a good thing. For instance, and this is these are his words. He said, for instance, if in the Super Bowl you had two small market teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers, right, people would probably say that was a good thing. So what's the difference. I don't know. Maybe those are two of the most storied teams in NFL history, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of them has the most super bowls, right or the most or tied for the most super bowls right with the Patriots, do they? Or no? Maybe the Patriots have more now what a travesty. But yeah, yeah, and the Packers are either one or two in total fan base outside of their market, right. I can't tell you the number of kids I grew up with who were Packers fans? Did you get to choose in Wyomi? But the Packers only behind the Dallas Cowboys have the largest fan base outside of Wiscon.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say they are two of the most popular teams in the league. Yes, Like, if you're just driving around, if you're rating and bumper stickers even here, you know in Raley in Wake Forest, I see a ton of Steeler bumper stickers as well as Green Banks. So what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: To do with the games that you're actually able to get glombed into North Carolina back in the day. That's why there's a lot of Redskins fans in North Carolina for that before the Panthers came along, people go Steelers, may maybe go Atlanta, but that's not working out this year. So yeah, man, I'm not lying.
Speaker 2: I'm not I didn't watch anybody, you know, I'm not lying when I say, and I mean this sincerely. I feel like Lebron James killed the league. I really feel that way, he's the reason it's not the league you and I grew up.
Speaker 1: No, not that anymore.
Speaker 2: He's been in the league for what thirty years or something, stupid, I know, it's like over two decades or I'm tired of him. His politics is flopping his white I'm tired. I'm very tired as somebody who watched both players play, and I know it's an argument that gets played out in social media, but I'm tired of the MJ. Lebron comparison. It is so dumb. Longevity doesn't mean you're better than somebody, especially when that person was in the league for a less amount of time and has more accolades, Like it makes no.
Speaker 1: Sense voluntarily left in the middle of this prime. Arguably so, but it's just a style of point. They always do stats arguments, but you don't have to.
Speaker 2: The vibe is just different, the NBA vibe of the of the Larry Bird Magic Johnson era the nineties. I mean, it's completely different. Yeah, it went all dark. In my opinion, it went down hell after Kobe. It went down hell after Kobe, and it's been it really went down hell even after you could you could argue after MJ.
Speaker 1: And it's not it's not just Ross and I be and haters look at their ratings. Yeah, they've they they've got a real problem there, and I don't know exactly what it is because they're there are very talented people playing that sport. Steph Curry is immensely talented. Tyler Halliburton's very talent. He's playing for the championship right now.
Speaker 2: No, Steph Curry is so I mean, he's a phenomenal. Yeah, he's an amazing player, so good that when it comes to like basketball video games, they had to change the sliders because the stats in real life made no sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that season he had a few years ago where he's like, see averaging fifty points in a sea in one of the playoff series or something. It's just stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm tired of the traveling and the carrying and it's just yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know what they did. And it's funny because and I know it's Friday, we can get into this stuff. It's weird to watch Sports League's transition and not for the better. And this might irritate some of you remember NASCAR in the nineties before they just before they I think I think it was a greed thing. I gotta be honest with you. I mean, there's the whole transition of abandoning some of the regional tracks, which obviously has impact in North Carolina, but like there felt like post Dealer and Heart, it just started to change. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree completely.
Speaker 1: And then then they started jerking with the rules and then the shootouts, the playoffs and you know, all the different things they're trying to fix it, and it's just like it's this thing where it's just the vibe of it. And I feel like the basketball is kind of like that right now. It's just the vibe of it. It doesn't mean I dislike or think that there's not talented people, but like any good sport, and I will say this, I'm gonna throw wrestling in here because of what I'm talking about. The storylines have to be there to grab you. You know what, maybe what Indiana needs to do is go up in the stands and beat up a fan, go back, pretend like they're back in Detroit again. The Malice at the Palace or whatever that thing was called.
Speaker 2: I remember watching like, you know, the NBA and the Weekends as a kid, and just like Michael Jordan battling the Knicks with the flu yeah, and all of the player like the John Starks, you know, going against m j and all this stuff. I mean, it's but I'm also tired of these arguments I see online where you have kids are like, oh, the defense sucked in the nineties because they see these highlight films of Michael Jordan. They're like, nobody's playing defense on him.
Speaker 1: They score one and fifty game.
Speaker 2: Now, Michael Jordan was so good that the good luck younger kids will watch videos of him now and assume that he's only good because everybody else was sucked playing defense. Tell that to the Detroit Pistons of the time, all right, tell that to the Nicks. That is the problem with Michael Jordan. And some of these kids don't understand it because they're like, wow, is he always so wide open? Well, first off, he's really good. And if you if you, if you get close to Michael, he's gonna run past you and dunk the ball. Right, But if you, if you hog up the lane so he can't dunk the ball, he's gonna shoot all over you.
Speaker 1: You're gonna fade away. Shoot, what are you gonna do yeah, yeah, and he's gonna make it. And Larry Bird will tell you where he's gonna shoot and then do it in your face.
Speaker 2: He's gonna do it in your coach's face.
Speaker 1: And then run by your bench going told you, told you, and God forbid you said anything to either of them this argument.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, well, the players in the nineties, besides Michael Jordan, they were all like plumbers or electricians.
Speaker 1: Was a man, I don't know if you know this. He was a mailman. Yeah, yeah, that's garbage man. So it's not to say that the play hasn't changed. I just how do you recapture the vibe because you still have talented people. You just I don't know how you recapture the vibe. That's a challenge anyway, all right, seven forty two that irritate nascarpeot. Oh wait, hold on, Jay wants to weigh in on the trump elon thing, which is that's a That's another one where you got to recapture a vibe. Pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Nobody could talk better than Bird.
Speaker 1: Jay' go right ahead, sir.
Speaker 4: Hey casey, Nobody could talk trash better than Larry Bird. He was a master at it, but I caught you treason. It's common about the Patriots. I'm from New England. Every time I opened my mouth down he either say where are you from? There's no getting away from it. But anyway, I want to talk about Elon Musk and Donald Trump. Elon Musk is he has his emotions on his sleeve. He's very transparent. And Donald Trump is a poker player, keeps his cards close to his vest and you never know what he's going to do. But the two of them forming an incredible tandem, and they need to get together. They need to patch their differences up because they terrorize the Democrats. And as they say, they need to patch their difference up because they're a formidable tandem together. But a part they've they've shown their weaknesses. Thanks case, they have a good weekend, all.
Speaker 1: Right, you too? Sorry about the being from Boston thing?
Speaker 2: Well, well, I mean some things he can't help you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: No, it's not his fault. No, it's the fault sir, your parents. I'm sorry, I'm getting it's a joke. Maybe they had no choice, the Trump Elon thing. Man, we're gonna talk. We'll talk to Pete a little about it too. I just you know what's crazy is then Elon did the Trump thing yesterday. Right, remember Trump when he was just burning through his sixteen primary opponents the first time around, He's like, you're fat, you're stupid, Your Jeb's your Jeb, your father helped kill Kennedy, right, just throwing that. That was what Elon was doing to Trump yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was very like weird because it's like that's how Trump does stuff.
Speaker 1: Just buwling a china shop. Man, I don't know what's going on there, all right, raced agent here to say those. So they're opening a giant, ten million dollar playground today.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like a mad Max fortress.
Speaker 5: Sounds like fun to me. What time we go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they sell alcohol next to it.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, no, that doesn't sound like trouble.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. Now, a brand new playground. It's ten million dollars. Thing looks amazing to suit. A bunch of slides, ie you go like water, there's some water features you can go get sprayed, and yeah, there's all the stuff kids won. If I was a kid, I'd be all over this thing. But yeah, and that's I don't know WINNI booze locally? Is that? What's that to be?
Speaker 5: Where is that locally?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's at the Pulling Dicks Park.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 1: You know you think I'm making that name up, don't you?
Speaker 5: No? I was trying to just go right past it.
Speaker 1: But no, no, that's the no, no, no, the name that is the family. Those are the family names of the two parks that are now. When they acquired the Dix properties spelled d I x uh, there was already Pulling Park and okay, are they are together? It's the Pulling Dicks Park complex.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: Because the family's names, you can't get rid of them. No order. It sounds just as dirty. So juvenile, aren't we? I am? Yes, welcome to different all right? So? Uh is it good Pulling Dicks Park? By bas of weather?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean this evening there could be a stray out there, a shower storm most of our day, dry, little cloud at times this morning seeing some reports of fog. The visibility aren't all that terrible. Mid upper eighties, close to ninety I think obviously the triangle usually a warmer spot has a better chance at ninety degrees and area south maybe like Fayettville with Triad and back into the mountains mid upper eighties. But I really think the rain chances, at least better chances of rounds of showers and thunderstorms will increase over the weekend at times maybe even some severe weather. Got a big area of slight risk tomorrow Tomorrow night, and then even on Sunday could be some stronger storms. And I do think there's hours of dry weather. And so my best advice is if you are going to be outdoors, have an indoor plan, Like you know, you hear thunders, thunder roars, get indoors. If you're on the lake in the pool, there's lightning. If you hear thunder, have a place to go. Swords may passing. You might be able to get back out. So take a look at your trusty radar and I'll see what's going on. But I do think at one part another by Monday, I think everybody's got at least a little bit of rain.
Speaker 1: So if you're at the Pulling Dick's Play Plaza Park later during the grand opening at four pms, begainst ter rain. Go directly to the shop that sells the booze right next to it, right and then go back to you and you can get under there, so right, and then you go back to right if it stops, you can then you don't have a few What are you going to do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, absolutely, man, what else are you going to do? Well, we'll talk in an hour. Maybe we'll come up with some ideas before then. Okay, all right, thank you sir, and we will be right back. But we'll be went on this weird tangent. And let's just say I don't I'm almost positive she probably didn't think this out before saying it. I would hope maybe she did. I don't know. We got a couple of cuts. Let's get into this. The first thing's crazy, the second thing's bonkers. Here we go. We'll be from the view, let's do this is about the Maryland governor, by the way, who is I guess will be likes him for president or so? I don't. I don't know. Anyway, Here we go. Well, I don't there's nothing. There's no name for what I am.
Speaker 7: Okay, because there are some things that fit what I want and some things that don't. And I'm the crazy person who said, you know, why don't we have a Democratic president and a Republican advice. Yeah, you said, I believe that the only way to get stuff done is to have both parties represented at.
Speaker 1: The same time.
Speaker 7: And people don't keep telling me I'm crazy, but I don't think I am.
Speaker 1: I think you are, And I think because what happens every time they send some conservative person in on the View or Norm McDonald for that matter, which is still one of the greatest View moments ever. If you guys are not familiar with the Norm McDonald where he talked about the Clintons being murderers, it's and Barbara Walters was still there. Oh, it's must must see TV. But yeah, I don't. I think it's probably that where every time, remember the the young he's a black guy, he's a young conservative. I don't think he's a conservative. He's uh, he's just one of these very intellectual guys. He went on there and like Sonny Houston tried to like eat him or something. It was crazy. She had a whole rant ready to go, but at least she kind of constructed hers first whoopee. Then when on a tangent and said this.
Speaker 7: You know, you have someone like Wes Moore who is a perfect and people are saying, well, he he you know, you can't elect a black man.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I'm just again.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, no, no, what do you see? I'm sorry you said we you wish Wes Moore is the Maryland governor, but we can't. And you're talking about the presidency, but we can't elect a black man.
Speaker 5: Ross.
Speaker 1: Would you run that through Ross Ai please and tell me if that's true. He's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, yeah, uh huh, all right, and what you got? Yeah, no, we did that twice.
Speaker 1: Okay, some would argue three times, yes, yeah, just covertly the last time. I don't know. Yeah, I don't know what's going on over there. Man, they broke Oh we have the norm thing. Let's just rubble in that show, we see, I don't.
Speaker 3: I think we should get the homicide out of the White House and get like a fresh because we don't want any more murderers.
Speaker 9: I think we should just go on to the next questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, murdered a guy.
Speaker 7: You accusations with that, that's.
Speaker 1: A little It's funny because now they recoil and this is the crap they accused Trump of like every day and then they have to come back in the next segment and go it does.
Speaker 7: Let's just let's just go on to the next Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is not my week.
Speaker 5: What can I tell you?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not mine either. I'm being very nice. Okay, here, good boy.
Speaker 2: No, we don't want to get out, and this is not the place to make those accusations.
Speaker 9: And you are supposed to be funny.
Speaker 3: Get there, you go.
Speaker 7: This is a live song, but you have been properly chestised by Barba was the next record? Okay, let me do this. Okay, I'll tell you what's the matter of record? You will not be invited back if you don't shut.
Speaker 3: Up a.
Speaker 1: Football all right, man, slaughter. We're gonna go to some strange places today. Our radio buddy to the South, Pete Calendar's with us. How you doing this morning, sir? What's up?
Speaker 3: I am good, I'm up. I'm awake, and so that's usually half the battle for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, okay, anything you know, just staring ahead at Friday, at the big weekend coming up. You know, if you don't get drowned in the rain, you know, there might be some productive stuff there. So you guys are losing your damn minds down there. I'm a little jealous though, right right.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't think that in the triangle or the triad we've ever had.
Speaker 1: And somebody correct me if we're wrong. And I talked to our buddy Mark out in Asheville. He had not seen this in his neck of the woods. Now, uh huh, and that is uh moonbats running in with a bunch of bugs and dumping them out in uh in in this case a county commissioners meeting.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm not saying it's a contest between you, Mark and me, but if it were a contest, I would be winning for crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh now yeah on hold on, And sheriff couldn't even spell sheriff.
Speaker 3: So I feel like we yes, but our sheriff just had an employee stab a colleague at the arrest processing No. But the sheriff then also put out a statement. Uh, and he said something to the effect of, uh, like, this is a good reminder we should all be on the lookout for warning signs. He like turns it on like like, hey, everybody, you.
Speaker 1: Need to make sure something.
Speaker 3: Like, well, how did that work out for you? Gary? Not my fault, McFadden.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys got beef Man. You're like Trump and Elon right now, Kanye is going to get this squared away and Steve Bannon's helping to I don't know how I'm not come back to the crickets. But what do you think of this? Because I've got a number of emails people are like, nah, it's all it's a it's a work like it's it's a wrestling storyline or something. I don't think it is. I don't think it is. It is.
Speaker 3: See, this is the thing. It's like people project onto these stories whatever truth they want to be true, you know, And that's why, like it's one thing to speculate, hypothesize the yourrise whatever, like that's it's fun. But in the grand scheme of things, it's not. It's not productive, you know, because whatever is the truth, they are going back and forth or they're you know, it's all just a put on or whatever. Like it doesn't really matter if these two guys don't get along anymore, because everybody predicted that it was gonna happen. Anyway, It usually happens with people who have big personalities and bigger wallets, you know, than Donald Trump. That's just you know, historically, like this was bound to happen, so I'm not surprised by it. I have not followed all of the details in the back and forth and all of this, but I do feel like I saw somebody refer to it as Elon Musker. He's a video gamer. He does these videos and stuff to every now and again.
Speaker 1: Number one Diablo hardcore player in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then there are there's accusations that he hires people to do that for him, to play under his name or something. So I don't know, and maybe look maybe so I don't know. I don't care. But he did seem to do a speed run, which is a gaming term.
Speaker 1: Russ will fill everybody experience of the.
Speaker 3: Republican experience right, Like he just got there a lot faster because he was doing it on a speed run. It's like, oh, look at me, I'm all involved. Oh we can make change. Oh I love what these guys are saying.
Speaker 1: I'm all in.
Speaker 3: I will campaign for you a few money. And it's like who whoa, whoa, what are you doing? Oh my gosh, you're no better, and then it's like burn it all down. So he just did it in a very compressed timeline, whereas it takes a lot of other conservatives and Republicans, not saying that Elon is a conservative, but it takes a lot of conservatives way longer to sort of arrive at the position that Elon has arrived at, which is, Oh, these guys really aren't that serious about dismantling the structural deficits and such. Now, look, I haven't gone into all the details on the big beautiful bill whatever, and I understand like there's a process they have to follow, and it's about the reconciliation and how many votes do you need and is it mandatory spending versus not? If then you would need sixty votes in the Senate. All of these rules, right, and for people who don't know how all of this stuff works and the rules about how to get bills through and everything, it is super frustrating. And I think that is what Musk has run up against. Just he did it in a very compressed time frame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't disagree there, but there is some weird stuff in there. But yes, it's also Look, there's the Buddy Waters of the CBO like Congressional Budget Office, who decides that maintaining tax cuts that currently exist somehow are a deficit spend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I mean. Yeah, the government accounting on all of this stuff is so stupid. Yeah, it's and you're trying to project out, you know, billions and hundreds of billions over ten years and all of this stuff, and really what it comes down to, and nobody wants to talk about it it is. It is social Security, Medicare, Medicaid. Right, these are the drivers of the spending and the debt. And unless anybody wants to go and touch the quote unquote third rail of politics, then the structural deficits will persist. And that's just the reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and you know a lot of leadership styles are are willing to go there. Remember a few years ago where the State of Illinois's entire budget was exactly the same as their pension obligations. It was the numbers were the same, So literally the previous year's budget was going to meet the pension obligations that the State of Illinois had, which means they had to go and start figuring out where they're going to get other money from, right, right, because they had this bohemous system there. Now it costs you an extra dollar fifty where it's going to every time you get a delivery in the state of Illinois, and that's just to fund the subway system in Chicago. Wow, oh yeah, this is where it is. Where you get with this stuff. You didn't see the show.
Speaker 3: Wait, so they're charging people for their trying, their charging drivers of cars.
Speaker 1: So delivery they're charging you if you order delivery on Uber Eats or one of the other.
Speaker 3: Right, But I'm talking about the mode of transportation. Is that I order something, somebody drives in a mar delivers the thing, and so they're charging me the consumer money because I used a car. Delivery is there, right, But.
Speaker 1: The bicycle or motorcycle deliveries in certain circumstances.
Speaker 3: And that state wide. That's not just in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what's crazy. So you could never you could live in you never go to Chicago and you're paying for the subway.
Speaker 3: Now I would be irate. Well, I don't get deliveries anyway, don't. I don't do the door dash stuff. Do you do that?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: No, I don't do that. What I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Trust understand how awesome deliveries got during COVID Pete. All right, No, what's the worst part about delivery. What's the worst part about a delivery?
Speaker 3: Well, where do I begin. Number one concern is that people are going to eat or sit in my food.
Speaker 1: They like they tape it up now anyway, so divorce that. Number two, no people having to interact with the person, right, because we're all such like. I don't know, but with with COVID, a wonderful thing happened where you can literally select the box and they will leave it at your front door, take a picture of it, and be gone by the time you go retrieve it, no human interaction required. It's amazing. Ross, you're a fan of to leave it at my door and get the hell off my property button? Oh he does, no, But to be fair, Ross did take advantage of the grocery store changes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's different. But the door dash, especially if you have a family, is so expensive.
Speaker 5: Like it.
Speaker 3: I will say that it is expensive, but no, I never I still went to the grocery store during the pandemic.
Speaker 6: You're never getting at home a grown man, but a perfectly good week night and watch the Charlotte Becklenberg the Mecklenberg County Commissioners meetings.
Speaker 1: So because I saw your tweets and I thought you were there. Uh, we only got into it a little.
Speaker 2: Let me just circle back, as the Sake says, on.
Speaker 1: This insanity right here.
Speaker 6: Everybody, Unfortunately, we're going out to take a ten minute recess to be able to clean up the bug situation that we've got working.
Speaker 1: Which which is crazy to me, because some poor janitor works over I don't know at this at this building right who doesn't want to be there anyway. Right, he's probably off cleaning offices because it's off hours. Now he's got to come and he's got to handle all the exerp. So that was the box that was being passed around up top.
Speaker 2: Right where you are at the top of the stairs, Officer, those five people in that section right over here passing around some level of box exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then they played crickets in is that's that's risky business.
Speaker 3: Wait, so there were there's questions about how they got the crickets, the box of crickets into the chambers. This is the Charlotte Mecklumber Government Centers. One big chamber you know, it holds you know, hundreds of people. They have the dias down below, uh stadium seating kind of thing and balconies up on the tops, and so city council meets, their county commission meets, their school board meets there, and so they have a metal detector and a security check on the way in, and so the question is, how did they get this stuff through? No, obviously the metal detector wouldn't pick up a cardboard box with crickets in it. But you know you're supposed to be checking bags, So how did they get this box of live crickets in? That's the first question. And when I was so, I was just watching it because they were voting on a two and a half billion dollar county budget.
Speaker 1: Watching the county commissioner. Mean, and you're not at work, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they make sport all all prep, dude, a BP.
Speaker 1: Prep, put the sports on and then be on the Twitter. You're fine anyway, So you're watching this, You're watching all this insanity unfold, right, and.
Speaker 3: There's no media there. Apparently there was no media there until I think people started seeing my tweets. And then by the time they got to the two and a half billion dollar budget vote, like an hour later, then a media person showed up, So I don't know if that yeah, and then we got actual pictures of the crickets. But in the meantime they had to call in environmental services, which I believe is basically janitorial custodial services, and they went up there and they vacuumed up the crickets.
Speaker 1: Oh, they murdered the crickets. Yeah. I was hoping you were there, because this is why I had ross ask you, because I got based on your tweets. It's it sounded very first person, and I'm like, is Pete at this? And if Pete is at this, is he going to get a cricket? So you didn't get us a cricket, That's what I'm not now.
Speaker 3: No, I did not get any crickets.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming they went over to like a bait store or a place where they buy stuff for snakes, cause you buy crickets for snakes, right, yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's what I assumed too, that they got live crickets from some animal at shop, you know, something like that or whatever, and then dumped the box and this is and so so why would they do this? Well, they they released these things after one of their speakers was told that they weren't speaking to the topic on the agenda. And the topic on the agenda was gun violence Awareness Month, right, a proclamation, and it's just a proclamation. You've seen these things that you know a million times where it's like, oh, we declare this is awareness month.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: And so they have some woman who's a teacher in Charlotte meckliberg. She comes down and she's like, uh, yeah, gun violence is terrible, especially the cop city thing that they're building outside of Charlotte and Pineville.
Speaker 1: It's parting audience because he gave me it reminded me of that Atlanta situation exactly. They turned really horrible down there. But yeah, go back for bid. People who think police are not trained well, have more training opportunities.
Speaker 3: Exactly. This is what I don't understand. Why aren't you the same crowd that was saying our cops are not trained enough to handle all of these situations that then prompt you to burn cities down, So like, why don't we get them better training? So build them a training facility, But no, we can't do that. And in fact, one of the one of the guys that got popped down in Atlanta is a trans son or yes, son to mail whatever, a child, but an adult of one of the big time movers and shakers in Charlotte. The Foundation for the Carolina's Marciacano is his name, and he retired out and I think he's actually affiliated with Duke University, maybe on the board or something. But his son was a big time Trantifa type and got arrested down there. So now I assume he's back in Charlotte that I don't know. I don't know if he was part of this crowd or not. But this is the same crowd of you know, anti fought eco terrorists that that rioted and firebomb law enforcement down in Atlanta, same same movement.
Speaker 1: And crickets are diabolical because if you don't get them all, that's now it's a problem. You know what I'm saying. You know, you'd be finding those for days. I would have went with bees. Did you see the truck that overturned with fourteen million bees on it?
Speaker 3: Nice? No? I did not. What kind of honey bees?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were calling him from pollinating some fields somewhere. You know, you can order bees if you're a farmer and you want to pollinate a field, they'll literally bees, do you. But yeah, so the truck trailer flipped over, and actually it flipped halfway over and it was fine, but when the tow truck was trying to pull it out of the ditch, it flipped all the way over and one of the road guys got stung on his ear drum because the bees were so many they were burrowing into his ears. But then hear me out, there's a there is a good side to this, the sunnyside.
Speaker 2: It's how if you're a drug if you want to start a drug operation truck of.
Speaker 1: Bees man, Yeah, you could put all the cocaine in there. Nobody's searching that.
Speaker 3: So I feel like you and Mark out in Ashville, you guys like now, I've talked to you today and Mark on Wednesday, and both times you guys have uh have tied these different stories to drug smuggling. No, so I'm kind of clear curio what's going on here?
Speaker 1: But I know, but you and Mark.
Speaker 3: Both found ways to tie drug smuggling into our topics, and I'm just wondering if there's something going on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're making we got a side hustle, what a.
Speaker 3: Right door dashing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely, man, dollar fifty extra in Illinois. But you're going to get the drugs. Couple of bees. Now, you don't want the drugs to open and the bees to get into the cocaine, right, that would be a rookie move on cocaine. And oh your your drums are the least your worries at that point. No, I was just saying, and you know what, we had listeners among them, law enforcement and whatnot, said that they've they've done like traffic drug interdiction, and there's no way in hell they're searching a truck full of bees. It's believe cover, perfect cover man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that was what they they proved in the documentary. What was it? Black sheet for Tommy Boy always get them confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look at that. You're the second person I've told my bee drug a business idea to who immediately went to a Tommy Boy reference. So there you go. Look at that full circle. All right, Well you have a good weekend, sir, you cook out for bees and crickets. Okay, we'll do we'll do corrupt sheriffs and police. All right, there you go. Pete Calendar here on the CaCO Day Radio program. Hang on, there was one other thing I really wanted to talk to Pete about and I didn't get to it, but I'm going to get to it with you, because it's it's not just the information, but it's also the reaction to people literally sometimes just posting the information, and this is like, this is a this should be easy, but we're just so like partisanly jacked at each other that nobody can have a honest conversation. So a new report from the state auditor Bullock, I'm actually surprised you didn't pitch us an interview on this because it's pretty juicy, reveals that a storm relief center in Swana Noah, Okay, we all know Swana Noah was hit very hard. Swanaoah also had some people that were grifters in my opinion, that were running around making up stories about a dead baby there or I guess nearby there, which turned out not to be true, and I there was just everything was just so crazy after the storm. But the one thing that we all recognized is that the tragedy that was unfolding in western North Carolina was overwhelming, and then it was frustrated by this, you know, seeing National Guard troops ready but not deployed for over a week, FEMA all the FEMA stuff, right, it just drove you crazy. So it was important that in the midst of all of that, and you know that there's going to be it's going to be complicated, nothing's going to be perfect when it's an overwhelming emergency. I understand that. But we had a lot of failures and the things that were set up that were supposed to happen, okay, and you could also but there was also positive stories, some amazing stories. Yeah, you had these guys that were coming up with their own helicopters rescuing people. Now granted they got grounded and had to split a family up. Well they didn't have to because they ignored it and didn't. But like you had those stories. You had the helicopter land at the food center there and like put all the supplies everywhere. That wasn't a good look. But you had the Amish show up. They're still building houses up there, and there's a ton of amazing stories. But you're allowed to go what could we do better? And the problem is apparently you're not allowed because according to the report, the storm relief center in Swanna, Noah, which was so the storm Relief center provided had meals, but it had what people really really want in that situation. It had those shower things. It was that big complex they set up there said all these you know, these trailers are just showers that they towed to wherever they need to have showers. And they're pretty nice, actually nice facilities, which is good because if you're home's blooted and you have it showered in a few days and you're having to deal with all of that, just a hot shower and the ability to wash your clothes. They have laundry facilities out. This is a welcome, absolute welcome relief. According to the report. Though it cost twenty seven four million just this one location in Swana, Nooah. It was open for one hundred and eighty nine days, which means the average daily cost is one hundred and forty five thousand dollars per day. That sounds like a lot. And I mentioned that, and I saw some other people post it too. Sometimes again they just posted the number and then it turns into this partisan crap. Are you saying that homeless people shouldn't have access to showers and laundry. No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying more should I just don't. I just don't understand how in a community the size of Swana Noah, even with people coming in from other areas, how it costs one hundred and forty five thousand dollars per day to run a laundry and shower facility. And I understand that there's food costs in there too, but I don't. I don't think they served extensive donations. I think that has done somewhere else. That's a lot, and and it's I think it's perfectly fair to go. It was that operating as efficiently as it could have. And again, I know nothing's going to be perfect in the face of an overwhelming disaster where you're just trying to do what you can. But that's a crazy number. And I want I I I And people attack you. They're like, oh, I can't believe you're attacking people who just needed First of all, you're most of the people who are making that argument are the same ones who who were like, no, no, Biden administration, everything was great. So I don't even want to hear from you. I don't even want to hear from you. Yeah, here we go. Yeah, Carolina Journal had a whole peace on this thing. Man, that's a problem. I don't know why it's a problem or the amount that that there's no way that tracks. So if you go through this piece in the Carolina Journal, one hundred forty five two hundred and seventeen dollars per day, twenty seven point four million, one hundred and eighty nine days of operation, according to the invoices, When you start drilling into this as they did over Carolina Journal, it's uh, here we go. Invoices including the report revealed that general workers at the facility were paid eighty seven dollars and thirty cents an hour, while managers earned one hundred and forty five fifty an hour and a two hundred and fifteen dollars per deum per day. That's I don't make that ross. Do you make that? Do you make that much? You make one hundred and forty five an hour plus a two hundred and fifty dollars per day for your food and lodging. Oh no, oh, we gotta do something about that. That's crazy. That's what it's okay to ask about this.
Speaker 2: And this is this goes to the bigger point with like all the cuts right where it's just like you don't I if you want to have a beef over how they went about him.
Speaker 1: From a Doge perspective, you thought it was too much. All it went as a perfectly reasonable discussion, and they've clearly they over or they overcut some places because they've had to backfill. Right. I'm not saying that that rollout has been perfect, but like, can't we agree, especially from a North Carolina perspective because we're a hurricane season now. Could be? Uh, could be you, could be me, could be anybody who finds themselves in the same situation that they did out in western North Carolina. You never know. Wouldn't you want the ability of more of your neighbor of whatever, whatever rescue plan or you know, in this case, just a center to provide you the really basics in life. Don't you want it to be run as efficiently as possible so that the most the money can go to the most people possible. That's it, That's all we're asking, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know.
Speaker 1: According to the audit, the center operated for one hundred and eighty nine days, provided approximately fourteen thousand showers and eighteen thousand loads of laundry. That, by the way, if you go just based on per event, so If you add up the number of showers that people took and the number of loads of laundry done, that is about eight hundred dollars per event, eight hundred dollars per shower, eight hundred dollars per load of laundry. I haven't been to a laundry matt in a while. I think it's cheaper than eight hundred bucks. Now, I understand that there's the inherent cost of moving these things out there. I don't know what their power solutions. I'm assuming they were probably chewing on Jenny's most of the time, right because you had the power stuff. But still I don't know how you get here. State Auditor staff visited the SADA April fourteenth and April twenty fourth. We're told by employees the daily usage range from forty to sixty individuals, so forty to sixty individuals per day. Peak usage like late October one hundred, so one hundred people a day. We'll just say it's one hundred. It costs one hundred and forty five thousand dollars per day to run this to serve one hundred people to take a shower and do a load of laundry. I mean the hits keep coming. Man. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Let me be fair here, hold on, let me break this down. So if you're removed, all right, I'll remove the staff costs on that front part there, so if you no, wait, hold on, I'm trying to see how he broke this down here. Okay, so actually all right, let me be fair. Let me be fair. It's two hundred and twenty dollars per load of laundry, not eight hundred if you remove the other stuff that was there. So that's that's perfectly ross. That's a lot cheaper, right, eight. It was going to cost you eight hundred to do a load of laundry. Now it's only gonna cost you two twenty. That's a deal, man, in this economy.
Speaker 2: Crazy, They could not identify costs per shower because sometimes people just showed up to go to the bathrooll that's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to go somewhere. Yeah, I saw pictures of the facilities.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's great for what it is, and I'm so glad that they were able to have that for him.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if that's the most efficient. I don't know if they maximize the efficiency of that particular red center. All right, raced agic from the weather, chilling standing by one of our one of our Hurricane Helene rescue centers that had showers and laundry for people. We just found out it cost one hundred and forty five thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 5: Wow, there's a lot of showers.
Speaker 1: Like sixty people, No, like sixty people on average would show up.
Speaker 5: It's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's more than interesting.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: Say, And people are like, why do you not want people's homes were destroyed to have shower. I'm like, no, I want more of them to have them. I don't understand how a cost of two hundred and twenty dollars per lot to la hundry makes sense? Doesn't fire for that man?
Speaker 5: Right right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So yeah, well so it goes right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Luckily we're not talking about hurricane stuff this week. But no, we're not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, jump there.
Speaker 8: We want briefly into the Atlantic, no development in the next seven days. The Eastern Pacific has couple of disturbances that may become tropical storms or hurricanes in the next seven to ten days. So right now, the East Packs where all the action's at luckily quiet in the Atlantic. Speaking of quiet right now, a little bit of a split clouds from around the triangle in points east and then more clear sky to the west, and that clearing's working east, so everybody should get into more sunshine than clouds today close to ninety mid up eighties triad near ninety or about ninety in the triangle, and later tonight a shower thundershower, and then we kind of reset and we get back into more rounds of showers and thunderstorms through Saturday, Saturday night, and Sunday, and at times there may be some severe weather. So the alert is for damageing winds and hail, maybe an isolated tornado. I think one batch later tomorrow to Tomorrow night. That could be the strongest round case. So gonna get a little busy if you're going to be outdoors this weekend. Thunder roars, get indoors, have a plan if you do get tornado warned, have a plan where you're going to be. Doesn't look like an outbreak or significant amount of tornadoes, but gusty winds also possible with a hail throw into some heavy range, so there might be some ponding of the water on the roadway. So travel safety for the weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, you have a good weekend, sir. We are not here Monday, okay, so I'll be here. Oh well, finally take a great show up for Yeah, how about that. We'll talk Tuesday. Good good, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 9: Well, morning case a and happy Friday. A. Job creation was stronger than expected last month. The Labor Department reports one hundred and thirty nine thousand workers were added to payrolls in May. The nation's unemployment rate held steady at four point two percent. So the job market is softening some. It has not fallen off a cliff. That's a relief to investors. Stock market futures improved after the report came out, and right now the Dow futures are up two hundred and eighty nine points. Tesla shares are higher in pre market trading. They're up about five percent now. The stock plunged more than fourteen percent yesterday after Elon Musk's disagreements with President Trump erupted into an all out war of word on social media. Musk has since indicated he will try to cool the tensions between himself and the president. A source says there is no plan yet for a white House musk call. The automakers claim they're holding the line on vehicle prices despite the trade war, but car buyers are paying more for new rides. Car companies are using stealth price hikes, quietly cutting rebates limiting cheap financing deals. This can add hundreds of dollars to a buyer's monthly payments. Edmunds dot com says several companies have boosted their delivery charges, in some cases by as much as four hundred dollars, and some dealers are charging more for cars that were on their lots before the tariffs hit because they know they'll have to pay more to replace them. Some good news about food prices, The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization reports overall global food prices declined last month, though meat and dairy prices did tick higher in May and Casey, the newest addition to McDonald's dessert lineup is a Hershey's S'mores Flurry. Milk chocolate bits, graham crackers, and marshmallows are blended into soft served ice cream. This new mcflurry will be available at all US restaurants on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Casey, no, it won't none of why is that because the machines don't work. It's a plot. So they tell you they're gonna have this thing that is whatever it is, and then it's not there because all the machines broke and nothing we can do, though they probably have to go around if you really want one. But all right, thank you, sir. Okay, Jeff, we're not here on Monday, so.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, yeah I will, I'll make note of that or if I don't, Okay, all right, all right, have a good extended weekend. I'll catch you on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good. Jeff Fello there from Bloomberg News, by the way, and Ross, you can't you can't turn on your out of office one for one day extra and two while the show's still on.
Speaker 2: Now, I turned it on a round eight.
Speaker 1: What insanti? Because we're still showing, right, the show's still We got a couple more minutes. The show's still going. I was going to tell people the greatest meltdown. If they need something to follow this weekend, just go to Twitter and type black panther and the word white. Oh it's getting a little crazy. So if you don't know what happened, apparently the new Black Panther is going to be white, and people are not dealing with that real. Well, yeah, in the comic books, which is weird because like a Little Mermaid Captain America Nick Fury played by Samuel L. Jackson. The most people didn't mind that until the cat thing. They even remember they made Thor in the comic books black a few years ago. But going the other way, that's that's causing some problems.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a joke at first, because that's been a meme for a long time. When it comes to all the the race swapping, right, people say, well, yeah, the photo of Ryan Gosling's head on Black Panther Like, people are like, how would you like this? Like it's always been like a meme sort of comeback, but now they're actually doing it and people are losing their minds. You can't do that. You can't. No, he's supposed to be black. You can't make what No. I thought it wasn't important.
Speaker 1: Is it doesn't matter? No, that's not the pri Here's the deal. Though, don't for a moment think that Marvel or whoever's doing this is doing it for that reason. I am convinced that the big reveal is this dude's going to be like colonizer, right.
Speaker 2: And that story like he's going to try to colonize Wakanda. Yeah, exactly,