Speaker 1: This is Pastor Rick's Daily Hope, the audio broadcast ministry of Pastor Rick Warren. Today we continue in a series called Better Together. In this series, Rick takes us through First Corinthians chapter thirteen and shows us how to cultivate deep, meaningful relationships with the people around us. In just a few moments, we're going to tell you how you can get a copy of Pastor Rick's book called God's Power to Change Your Life. In it, you'll discover how God provides the power you need to take you from where you are to where you want to be. Find out more by going to Pastorick dot com or by texting the word Daily to eight hundred, six hundred five thousand and four while you listen to today's message, that's Pastorick dot com or the word Daily to eight hundred, six hundred five thousand and four. Right now, here's Pastor Rick Warren with part three of a message called Why We Need each Other.
Speaker 2: You see in heaven when you get there, everybody's going to work, but we'll all each just have a little piece, so you'll never get tired. You're not gonna be overworked or overloaded in heaven because God will give you just a little piece to do, but everybody will do their part and it'll all get done. What happens here on earth, though, is you're worn out. You're exhausted, you're burnout. Some of you came to church exhausted. Why because you're trying to do it all, and you're trying to do it all by yourself, and that's why you're worn out. God never meant for you to go through life.
Speaker 3: Walking alone or working alone.
Speaker 2: You need to be in a relationship with others who help you get done what you need to do. Otherwise you're gonna be worn out and fatigued all the time. Now, God tells us in the Bible why we're supposed to work together.
Speaker 3: Look at the next verse.
Speaker 2: An Ecclesiastes, for two people are better than one because they get more done. Read it with you, would you by working together? They get more done by working together. Now everybody knows this. Show aways get more done as a team than you do as an individual. It's also a whole lot more fun. It's also less tiring, and you learn to cooperate together. There's all kinds of benefits to working together.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: In the last twelve days I was on a speaking tour on the East Coast, and I spoke in eleven different cities in twelve days, and it was up and down in a plane for the last twelve days. We started a week ago. On a week ago on Friday to Washington, d C. I flew to Washington, d C. Where I spoke at the Pentagon. Spoke twice there, once to a general's Bible study had sixty seven generals in it, and then another to the employees of the Pentagon. Then we left the Pentagon and we flew to Philadelphia, where we had meetings there.
Speaker 3: We went from.
Speaker 2: Philadelphia to West Point, where I spoke to the four thousand cadets at West Point, and then we went from West Point to New York City and a place after play well, I would have been worn out if I hadn't taken a team with me. We then went to Chattanooga, where one hundred and seventy churches in that one city did forty days of purpose altogether. And it was citywide and had fifty thousand people going through it. And they put up billboards all over town and said got purpose. And then we went to Nashville and I spoke about six thousand mothers of preschoolers there, and then Liberty University, and then I spoke at Annapolis, the Naval Academy, and stopped by Billy Graham's house at High and came home.
Speaker 3: Now I would have been worn out. I wouldn't have been here.
Speaker 2: This weekend if I had had it all depended on me. That's just overwhelming, that kind of a schedule. But I took a team with me, and every time that plane hit the ground, each of us knew what we had to do. Nobody is good at everything. Would you agree with that? Nobody's good at everything? And so we need each other. And so you put people around you compensate for your weaknesses, who are strong in areas you're not good at. And I came home from that, I wasn't tired. I went I went to bed, got up next morning at six thirty, and went back to work. Why because when you share together, it lightens the load. You know, when we were at West Point, they showed us a system that feeds four thousand cadets in fifteen minutes. Imagine that, and they do it three times a day, feed four thousand cadets in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: How in the world they do that. Everybody has a role with butter.
Speaker 2: Just seeing if you're listening, everybody has a role to play. Everybody has a part, and it's all like clockwork.
Speaker 3: Bam bam bam.
Speaker 2: Everybody has a part, and if you do little bits of piece, it can all get done. The reason why you're exhausted you're trying to do it all yourself. You know, some people fall for what I call them Mother Teresa syndrome, and that's the idea that the lone person goes out to change the world all by themselves. That doesn't even Mother Teresa didn't do that. She had an army of people helping her. You've heard me say before. Snowflakes are frail, but if enough of them stick together, they can stop traffic. Now, individually, I can't make that big a difference in the world, and individually you can't make that big difference in the world. But together, you know, in this church we got eighty two thousand snowflakes. That's a lot of snow, and that can make some significant difference. Together, we can make a difference if everybody does just a little.
Speaker 3: A little, would you write this down?
Speaker 2: Community is God's answer to fatigue.
Speaker 3: If you're tired.
Speaker 2: It's because you don't have the relationships built in to support you that you need in what God has called you to do. Have you ever watched on TV or maybe the movie Witness where Amish build a barn together. They do it in a day. It's amazing. I mean, just you know, the whole community shows up and where there was nothing, at the end of the day, there's a barn standing what. Everybody has a little part to play.
Speaker 3: Now. The Bible says this in Galatians six'.
Speaker 2: Ten every time we get the, chance let us work for the benefit of all. THAT i need others to work with, me starting with the people closest to us in the community of.
Speaker 3: Faith what's the community of? Faith it's our church.
Speaker 2: FAMILY i need people to walk with me through, life AND i need people to work with me through. Life BUT i also number, THREE i need others to watch.
Speaker 3: Out for me in life to watch out for.
Speaker 2: Them i'm talking about people who defend, me who'll stand up for, me who'll protect, me who will help you keep me staying on, Track who will you know watch my? Backside who'll warn? Me we all need this because we all have blind. Spots The bible says In filippians two, four look out for one another's, interests not just your. Own if you want a counterculture, verse that's. It because In, america the general idea is it's all about. Me it's all about my, needs my, interests my, wants my, desires my.
Speaker 3: Ambitions the rest of. You forget.
Speaker 2: YOU i live for, myself forget everybody. Else this one, says don't just look out for your own, interests look out for others. Too have you ever seen these neighborhood watch? Signs sometimes you see them out in an. Area that's a sign of. Community it says we watch out for each. Other, here we're looking out for each. Other my guess is if you went on vacation this summer and you were gone for a week or maybe two, weeks you probably told your neighbor you were going to be. Gone he, said you, Know i'm going to be gone for a couple of. Weeks would you kind of keep an eye out on my? House would you kind of watch out look out for my? Stuff because we all want our stuff looked out, for and that's a good thing to have your stuff looked, after watched out. For but my question is not is anybody watching out for your? Stuff is anybody watching out for your? Soul because your soul is a whole lot more important than your. Stuff is there anybody in your life who helps you stay on track? Spiritually is there anybody who loves you enough to, Say i'm not gonna let you get, Discouraged i'm not gonna let you drop. Out i'm not gonna let, you you, know get. Tired i'm here with. You let me support. You and who encourages you in your spiritual.
Speaker 3: Life if you don't have anybody like, that that's. Sad.
Speaker 2: See the fact is we all have blind, spots things we can't.
Speaker 3: See you. KNOW i grew this beard this.
Speaker 2: Summer and then my Wife kay, said you, know, honey if you're gonna have the, beard you gotta get rid of the flat hair. Thing, okay so she came up with this little spikey do, here you, know like you know the only problem IS i can't see the back and it sticks up straight on the. Back, Okay SO i don't know if it's sticking up or is it right?
Speaker 3: NOW i don't? Know, OKAY i.
Speaker 2: Mean So i'm not making this up last night before and again this Morning i'm getting ready to come to.
Speaker 3: Church i'm starting to walk out the. Door, okay go. STOP i, thought what DID i? Do she's fixing a little.
Speaker 2: You, know doing a little. THING i would have never known. That you, know you get you get a tail light, Out you're never gonna know. It somebody's got to look out for. You somebody's gotta say you got a tail light.
Speaker 3: Out.
Speaker 2: Now The bible says That hebrews thirteen to, one keep being concerned about each. Other as The lord's followers should we should care about each.
Speaker 3: Other we're, Family we're In god's, family and.
Speaker 2: As brothers and, SISTERS i should defend, you and you should defend. Me AND i help you stay on, track and you help me stay on. Track now it says keep being concerned.
Speaker 3: Circle the word keep that means not just once you're you're.
Speaker 2: Vigilant in a, war everybody has to take time on sentry duty while everybody else is. Sleeping somebody stays awake to make sure the enemy isn't crashing. In, now since nine to, eleven we've all been a whole lot more vigilant for each other with terrorism and things like. That but did you know that you have an enemy far more destructive than. Terrorists oh, yeah you have a personal enemy and he hates your guts and he wants to defeat. You his name Is, satan And satan wants to mess up your. Life satan wants to bring problems in your. Life satan wants to ruin your. Relationships he wants to hurt you as bad as he. Can, now why would he do that because he can't Hurt. God See, satan what he wants to do is he wants to Hurt, god but he. Can't when he can't hurt, somebody what do you?
Speaker 3: Do you go after their.
Speaker 2: Children if you couldn't get to, me you'd go after my wife or my. Kids satan can't Hurt, god so what does he. Do he tries to Hurt god's, children and he doesn't care what it'll, take how badly you get. Hurt he wants to mess you up. Anyway and the moment you wake up in the, morning he's already been plotting how to get you to waste that, day to blow it with anger or worry or fear or guilt or shame or depression or any other resentment or. Bitterness he'll just try to get you all messed. Up i've been reading this nine to eleven report from the. Commissions interesting, reading but AS i read, IT i, thought what are the parallels here between our, battle our spiritual battle Against?
Speaker 3: Satan now listen to. This listen to this. Parallel we learned about an.
Speaker 2: Enemy this is what the committee, reported who is, sophisticated, patient, disciplined and.
Speaker 3: Lethal that's exactly what the devil.
Speaker 1: Is you're listening To Pastor Rick's Daily. Hope rick will be back in just a moment with the rest of today's. Lesson if you've missed any part of today's, teaching you can listen online anytime at pastorick dot. Com that's pastorick dot.
Speaker 3: Com what does.
Speaker 4: It take to become more, loving live more, peacefully develop, patience have self? Control Pastor rick, Says throughout all the years he's been a, pastor the number one question he's been asked is why CAN'T i? Change people want to, change but they're. Stuck maybe you feel that way. Too in his Book God's power To Change Your, Life rick lays the groundwork for personal, transformation then offers biblical insights and simple steps for ten areas of growth that can take you from where you are to where you want to. Be this book connects you with the power to actually make the changes you long to. Make and as you apply the truth Of god's word by the power Of his, spirit your life will. Change you'll move out of your right and get on track With god's wonderful purposes for your. Life and, today when you give a gift To Daily hope to help take the hope Of jesus to people, everywhere we'll send you a copy Of God's power.
Speaker 3: To change your.
Speaker 4: Life just go To pastorrick dot com right now to get your, copy or you can call eight hundred at six hundred at five zero zero, four That's pastorick dot. Com or call eight hundred at six hundred five zero zero four and be sure to let us know which station you heard us. On thank you so much for your.
Speaker 5: Support now let's get back to today's lesson here On Pastor Rick's Daily.
Speaker 2: Hope, now The bible says In hebrews thirteen to, one keep being concerned about each, other as The lord's followers. Should we should care about each. Other we're, Family we're In god's, family and as brothers and, SISTERS i should defend you and you should defend, me AND i help you stay on, track and you help me stay on. Track now it says keep being concerned.
Speaker 3: Circle the word.
Speaker 2: Keep that means not just once you're you're. Vigilant in a, war everybody has to take time on sin duty while everybody else is. Sleeping somebody stays awake to make sure the enemy isn't crashing. In, now since nine to, eleven we've all been a whole lot more vigilant for each other with terrorism and things like. That but did you know that you have an enemy far more destructive than. Terrorists oh, yeah you have a personal. Enemy and he hates your guts and he wants to defeat. You his name Is, satan And satan wants to mess up your. Life satan wants to bring problems in your. Life satan wants to ruin your. Relationships he wants to hurt you as bad as he. Can, now why would he do that because he can't Hurt. God See, satan what he wants to do is he wants to Hurt, god but he. Can't when he can't hurt, somebody what do you? Do you go after their? Children if you couldn't get to, me you'd go after my wife or my. Kids satan can't Hurt, god so what does he. Do he tries to Hurt god's, children and he doesn't care what it'll, take how badly you. GET i heard he wants to mess you up, Anyway and the moment you wake up in the, morning he's already been plotting how to get you to waste that, day to blow it with anger or worry or fear or guilt or shame or depression or any other resentment or. Bitterness he'll just try to get you all messed. Up i've been reading this nine to eleven report from The. Commissions interesting, reading but AS i read, IT i, thought what are the parallels here between our, battle our spiritual battle Against. Satan now listen to, This listen to this. Parallel we learned about an. Enemy this is what the committee, reported who is, sophisticated, patient, disciplined and.
Speaker 3: Lethal that's exactly what the devil.
Speaker 2: Is the enemy rallies broad support by addressing political, grievance but it's hostility toward us and our values is, limitless And satan's hatred of you is.
Speaker 3: Limitless its purpose is to rid the world of religious.
Speaker 2: Pluralism it makes no distinction between military and civilian. Targets collateral damage is not in its. Lexicon satan doesn't care who gets. Hurt he just wants to. Hurt it, says we learned that we did not understand how grave this threat could, be and so we did not adjust our plans and practices to deter or defeat.
Speaker 3: It, well if that hadn't describe Most.
Speaker 2: Christians we don't realize the war we're, in and so we don't make any plans to handle, temptation.
Speaker 3: It. Says, now the test before us now is to sustain the unity of.
Speaker 2: PURPOSE i could have written this, Stuff, Okay the test before us is to sustain the unity of purpose and meet the challenges now confronting. Us we need to design a balanced strategy for the long haul to attack terrorists while at the same time protecting ourselves against future.
Speaker 3: Attack any about.
Speaker 2: That we not only have to protect, ourselves we have to go after. Them and that's what it says in The. Bible the gates Of hell will not prevail against. Us gates are, defensive he. Says you're going after the, devil not vice. Versa, now let me tell you. Something so When satan attacks, you he doesn't come in a little red costume with pointy things and a pitchfork and, say, boot how Does satan mess up your life through? Habits you can't break the hurts that you won't let go, of and you hold on to resentment through hang. Ups you can't change in your life through, problems through, circumstances through relationships that break your heart and hurt. You and he Uses he Never he always works around through. Others and most of The christians are. Defeated they live in. Defeat why because we try to fight him on our Own.
Speaker 3: And that's.
Speaker 2: Stupid you're never going to win against the devil on your. Own you need other people who will watch out for you and help. You look at this next, verse please Ask he's four. TWELVE a person standing alone can be attacked and, defeated but two can stand back to back and, conquer and three are even. Better for a triple braided cord is not easily. Broken that's a small, group he. Says you know you watch out for each. Other last, year about this, TIME i walked across a maximum security prison yard in Northern. California two thousand inmates in that, field in that, yard AND i walked across it with no guard protecting, me no, gun no, weapon no body, armor but just myself And i'm walking across AND i was not. Afraid why BECAUSE i had a group of other, inmates about three of them who Were, christians in front of, me behind, me and on either side of. Me and if anybody wanted to get at, me they were gonna have to get through these guys who have these tattoos that Said mom And, jesus you. Know and there's no WAY i felt worried because these guys were there to protect. Me now here's my. Question is there anybody watching your, backside anybody who's watching out for your spiritual? Welfare do you have anybody close like? That are you in a small group where that group of guys if you're a guy or, women if you're a, woman who are, saying you know, what we're there when you're going through the tough.
Speaker 3: Time we're not gonna let you do the. Scourage we're not gonna let you get.
Speaker 2: Depressed we're not gonna let you get, worried because we're gonna be here with.
Speaker 3: You if you don't have anybody like, THAT i pity. You you've got.
Speaker 2: A big bullseye on your back For. Satan say here's a. Loaner they're not, connected they're not in a.
Speaker 3: Group you. KNOW i know this is hard to, believe but WHEN i was a.
Speaker 2: Young YOUNG i was a lifeguard for three. Summers actually they fired me because every TIME i see a, hannicle YES i see that, Hand god bless, You, Yes god bless.
Speaker 3: You is there? Another? Oh, yes many are raising their, Hands god bless. You, yeah thank. YOU i made that part, up but it was a.
Speaker 2: Lifeguard and everybody. Knows you never go swimming by yourself in the. Ocean you might catch your. Ripties you never go by. Yourself did you read about this? Kid he is an experienced. Climber he's climbing a, mountain slipped and, fell fell into a ravine and got his arm, caught and he couldn't get, out and he would have died there because he was by. Himself he thought he knew enough to go it on his, own and the only way he broke free was he had to cut his own arm off.
Speaker 3: Or. Die even the pros need a.
Speaker 1: Buddy this Is Pastor rick's daily. Hope if you've missed any part of this, message or if you'd like to find out more About Pastor Rick warren and this, ministry just Visit pastororick dot com where you can listen online. Anytime That's Pastor rick with Two rs in The middle dot com and be sure to sign up For rick's free daily email devotional while you're. There rick will be back to close out our time. Today but, first what does it take to become more, loving live more, peacefully develop patients have self? Control in his Book God's power To Change Your, Life rick lays the groundwork for personal, transformation then offers biblical insights and simple steps for ten areas of growth that you can take from where you are to where you want to. Be Here's Pastor rick to tell you.
Speaker 2: More you, Know i've been a pastor for over three, decades And i've been teaching The word Of god for over four. Decades and in all of that, time the number one Question i've been asked by people is, this how CAN i?
Speaker 3: Change or why CAN'T i? Change i've talked.
Speaker 2: To literally thousands and thousands of people who want to change but are just stuck and they can't figure out how to get. Unstuck you, know the truth, is you can't change on your own because will power alone isn't enough to make permanent. Changes, sure you can force yourself to change for a month or two, months but pretty soon you're going to go back to your old. Ways pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps is not. Enough talking yourself into a change by positive thinking is not. Enough The bible, says true transformational change only comes through the power Of god inside. You so let me ask your personal, question how do you want to be different at the end of this? Year what changes would you like to make in your? Life what goals would you like to see accomplished in your? Life, well it is going to happen on your. Own you're going to Need god's, power AND i want you to understand how to plug in To god's. Power that's why this Month i'm sending Out God's power to change your life a book That i've. Written when you give a financial gift to Support Daily hope broadcast and, ministries you Know Daily hope is one hundred percent supported by. Listeners we have no other outside source of. Income it's supported by your. Gifts and when you give to support this ministry this, MONTH i want to give back to you this, Book God's power To Change Your.
Speaker 1: Life this book connects you with the power to actually make the changes you long to. Make and as you apply the truth Of god's word by the power Of His, spirit your life will. Change you'll move out of your right and get on track With god's wonderful purpose is for your. Life and, today when you give a gift To Daily hope to help take the hope Of jesus to people, Everywhere we'll send You Pastor rick's book Called God's power To Change Your life to say. Thanks just go To pastorick dot com right now to get your, copy or you can call eight hundred six hundred five thousand and four That's pastorick dot com or eight hundred six hundred five thousand and four and be sure to let us know which station you heard us. On thanks so much for your. Support be sure to join us again next time as we look Into god's word for our daily. Hope this program is sponsored By Daily Hope ministries and your generous financial.
Speaker 5: Support