Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And you may not know who Kendrick Lamar is. Some may you may not care. I'm just giving you a little insight. Kendrick Lamar is going to be the Super Bowl halftime show artist in February. That's the first thing. Second, he's from Los Angeles, he's all things LA. That's also important. And he just dropped an album yesterday out of nowhere, no promotion, no preview, no lead up, and it is the biggest thing out there.
Speaker 3: It is amazing.
Speaker 2: And I say that as someone who came from the music industry and the whole idea of you don't drop an album without adequate promotion. You know where you play a song on the radio for three four months and then you get people with their appetite. Then you say, now you can go buy the album. And the only way you can get this single is to buy the album. That's the conventional, traditional way to sell music, and then comes a person like Kendrick Lamar and other artists have done it to a much smaller degree, but there was no of advance warning that Kendrick Lamar was going to drop an album and it has turned the world upside down because he is so unconventional in the way that he goes about his career and his fans love him for that. He got into a wrap beef with Drake and absolutely slaughtered him. The biggest name in hip hop by far is Drake, and Kendrick took him on and just completely obliterated him. My takeaway is that the business of music and how we consume music has been forever changed. We will never walk into a store, of course, to buy music, but it's also changed where we really are not required to hear something on the radio in a musical sense to want to go get it. We don't even need to be told for weeks and weeks and weeks when such and such an album is going to be released to get everyone ready for it and to anticipate it.
Speaker 3: He just said, here's an album now.
Speaker 2: There was an artist who wanted to be like this in the past, and record companies back in the day would not allow him to And I was Prince. And I know this because I worked at Prince's label, Warner Brothers, while he was there at the very end of his Warner Brother's tenure and Prince wanted to be able to release music as often as he liked, whenever he liked. And part of it was he hated Warner Brothers to record company, and he wanted to get out of his deal, and he promised I think in the contract he had to give like maybe twelve albums something like that. So he could have given out twelve albums in a week because he had so much material in the vault. In fact, if you look it up, one of his last albums was Warner Brothers and I was there for this was called the Vault where he was just pulling songs out of his songwriter's vault and they were garbage, they were trash, but he was satisfying what Warner Brothers says asking for. Warner Brothers did not want Prince to release all this music at once. They wanted to adequately promote it, make sure people knew about it, and they could direct people to go to the store. So they wanted to have a single plate on the radio and say Prince has new music. Prince has new music, go buy it at Warehouse Records, Sam Goodie, you know, music Land, all those places, Ameba Records wherever. That's the way it used to be. That's what I was trained in in the music business. So when I see Kendrick Lamar just drop him the album out of Nowhere and the world goes wild, It's like, Wow, the whole business has changed. And this album out the Gate, a hip hop album, a purely rap album, right now is claiming the top seven spots on the Spotify streaming charts. Crazy top three, it's the top three singles from the album are claiming the top three positions on just all charts period. This guy has adequately followed up the smash success.
Speaker 4: Of the They Ain't Like Us. Yes, that was a single that everyone.
Speaker 2: Heard, don't even worry about it.
Speaker 4: It absolutely is. It is what actually landed him the spot at the super Bowl halftof game, because everyone wants to have that playing during Super Bowl. It's playing everywhere. Trump played it at a rally. Look, it's everywhere. He's huge, and everyone said, what is it going to come with next? He drops him album out of Nowhere and it is literally destroying everything out there. And he hasn't changed a bit.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: It's the exact same guy who put out all those other albums.
Speaker 3: He's just like, I'm this is my time.
Speaker 2: And he may be more successful, more famous than ever before, but as far as how he presents himself, it is exactly the same. He will wear his blue sweatsuit and that's about it, and some jeens. That's it. In his videos. It's all he does. He's not about the glamour. He's not about the glitz.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I did notice and one of the songs, Squabble Up, it's an homage to hip hop and specifically LA rappers and things which are happening in Los Angeles. So if you're a fan of hip hop Los Angeles, check out Squabble Up. And I know he's like, well, Kendrick Lamar on Carefight, Yes, that's what we do here. So it's one of those things where if you want to learn about LA's hip hop history, Kendrick Lamar is all about that, paying homage to those who came before him in a musical sense. It's I know it may not make sense right now now, but what he's doing is changing the music business as we know it. He's doing all the things that people probably told him. I'm quite sure someone said, hey, don't give it away for free, don't you know, give it away without adequately promoting it, and he's doing all of that and changing how music is produced, released and sold. It's incredible. It just truly is incredible. He created this market because he never was an artist who got a lot of radio airplay. He was just known some songs, yes, but not a lot of them. Not a lot of his songs got airplay. But I mean from that, he's won a Pula surprise, obviously won Grammys, and now he's becoming one of the biggest artists in the world and everybody will know his name.
Speaker 3: Comes Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Should I tell them now ITSWIA or should I make them way? Should I tell them now?
Speaker 3: I have to? Okay.
Speaker 2: We know that Pastathon is going to be on December third. We know that the whole station lineup from Ammy Kingy and Wakeup Call through Later with mo Kelly will be broadcasting live on December third. We know that there are some auction items which will be made available to you on KFI AM six forty dot COM's website and also the night of the event. They'll probably have a bidding sheet there. We're going to tell you that there will be an opportunity for one lucky bidder.
Speaker 3: I mean you just you have to want to be part of this. No one's gonna twist your arm.
Speaker 2: But one lucky bitter will win this once in a lifetime opportunity, and that is to get the weekend started later with mo Kelly style.
Speaker 3: One lucky Bidder will be co hosting.
Speaker 2: This show, specifically on a Friday night. Now, don't get me wrong, you're gonna get some expert coaching from me and Stefan and Mark Ronner and Swalla Sharp, but you're also going to be guiding the show. You're going to be co host, co producer, co announcer for name that movie called Classic. Yes, one Lucky Bitterer will be sitting in this very chair.
Speaker 3: Co hosting later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be you? Well, that's not up to me. I don't get to choose. Only thing I get to choose is making this available for one lucky better it might as well be you, And it is for a great charity, Katerina's Club, So your bids will help feed children in southern California. It can't be any easier than that. Now, when we had our Halloween show, we had a tour of the station. We took around I don't know, some sixty seventy people around the station. They got to come in the KFI studios. Some even sat in the host chair and posed next to the microphone. That's not the same as this. You will be heard by hundreds of thousands of people. I am not exaggerating, and you will have what they call an air check, something that you could take with you in perpetuity. If like, for example, let's say you're an aspiring radio host.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: Not many people can say, hey, I was heard on KFI AM six forty, the number one news talk station in America. Hey, I was heard on KFI, the number one stream station on iHeartRadio. This is this is a legit opportunity for you to be heard on KFI AM six forty, for you to co host a show on a Friday night on the number one news talk station in America.
Speaker 3: The whole show, the whole beyond from seven to ten. The whole show producing said, are you sure you want to just do an hour?
Speaker 2: I said no, YEP, I wanted to make sure that it is valuable and they're going to get their money's worth the whole show from seven pm to ten pm. Let's say you want to talk about movies. Let's say you want to talk about music. Let's say you even want to talk about politics and popular culture. Let's say you want to talk about something that's going on in the schools, on the metro, maybe something going on this just you want to get off your chest. You can do it right here. It is a legit co hosting job and you'll be co producing, so you will get all sorts of input that you can offer into what's going to be discussed on the show. Oh yeah, maybe you want to just talk about Mark Ronner and how annoying he is.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll give you space to do that.
Speaker 2: Maybe you want to be funny on the microphone and see if you can get Stefan to give you a rim shot.
Speaker 3: You'll have that opportunity to do that.
Speaker 2: Maybe you want to see if you can nerd out with Tawala and you could be keen Nerdificent for a day. You'll have a chance to do that. But you can only do that on this show, and you can only do that by being the lucky bidder who outbids everyone else for your chance to co host the entirety, the entirety of Later with Mo Kelly on a Friday night. And also you can well it depends on how it goes. Maybe you can just run the whole name that movie, cult classic game, pick the movies, Oh wow, talk the callers do it all.
Speaker 3: The more you do, the less I have to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, on Friday nights, we're gonna be ordering food and everything. We're gonna treat you like a king or queen. But it's all up to you. Look, all I know is many years ago before I could get behind the mic in this business, I was breaking my neck for opportunities just like this one to be heard. Now, for some people it might be just hey, it'd be cool to be on CAFI and that's okay. That for some people is enough. For others, it's like, look, you know I want to do this one day. I would like to be in talk radio. Well how better than to actually sit in a chair and actually do it for real. Now we're gonna be here with you, so we're not gonna let you fall, but it's gonna be for real. Is going to be a real show. You're going to be a real participant and a real producer and included in every aspect for the whole three hour show. And if you're just tuning interesting, like what is more talking about? Well, we're talking about how if you're the lucky bidder at Pastathon December third for the auction the lucky bidder, the highest bidder will be co host of Later with Mo Kelly and a future date on a Friday for the entirety of the show. I don't know if you can beat that with a baseball bat.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It beats calling in for the contest or calling in to leave a talk back. You are literally going to be on the mic. It is you and Moe Kelly Later on KFI. This is an amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity.
Speaker 2: And maybe you want to engage me in Dallas Like Mo, I was always wondering, why is it you believe this?
Speaker 3: So why does you believe that? I am open?
Speaker 2: If you want to have a discussion with me on air, by all means, let's do it. And this is something I talk about with the guys all the time when we do the game needing that movie called Classic. I've noticed that the guys who call in, generally on average, want to try to perform. They want to show how funny they are. They want to try to tell a joke, they want to tell a story. They want to see if they can match to it. Says, well, this might be your opportunity. Yeah, you know, you don't have to try to be funny on just calling in. You can try to be funny in the host chair for real and see if the jokes land or not. I'm out here to discourage you. I'm just saying it's not going to be easy, but it can be yours if the price is right. Come on down December third, Postathon Anaheim White House. You have your chance to put in your bid to become co host. Well, lucky better, we'll be co host of Later with Mo Kelly for the entirety of the show. They told us Mo, only make it one hour. I said, no, no, no. I told him in English.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I told him in Spanish. No.
Speaker 2: I told the bid what other languages? No, in I told him yet nine. Don't forget French.
Speaker 3: No no, no.
Speaker 2: I said, It's gonna be the entirety of the show, not just one, not just two, but three hours one two, three, one of those dress each youd song how a duel sec.
Speaker 3: I don't know any other languages, but that's three.
Speaker 5: Trace or us complete damente la programa, complet amente the toto the whole show.
Speaker 3: So now you have a heads up.
Speaker 2: It'll be up on the KFIM six to forty dot com website soon.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We just sent over the information to produce a Michelle, so I don't know what it's going to pop up. I'm just giving you an advanced notice, in advance warning. If you want to be down with this, be prepared to bid on this particular item of co hosting.
Speaker 3: You don't have to like me.
Speaker 2: You can come here and say, mom, I want to give you a piece of my mind.
Speaker 3: Well, this is your chance, this is your chance. This is your chance to put me in my place.
Speaker 4: We do have a dumb button, so if you try to come in to loose, we will just be bleeping the heck out of you.
Speaker 3: Just be clear. Well we still have FCC. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: But this is a great opportunity for any would be radio professional. It's a great opportunity for someone who just loves talk radio and would like to have a real, one hundred percent, real radio hosting experience. It would be great for someone who just wants to support Katerina's Club and Chef Bruno and KFI all those things. It'd be great to be able to show your friends and say, hey, tune in to me, I'm going to be hosting with mo Kelly on a certain day and have all your friends and family tune in. Obviously, you have the podcast you can use perpetuity, and it's something I can tell you this because I know firsthand it's a wonderful experience that not everyone gets to experience, and the mic is a powerful, powerful thing. You will really enjoy it. So I encourage you to be on the lookout for it. Your chance to become co host of Lady with mo Kelly for a day, the complete show, and it's gonna be an auction item for kfi's Pastathon coming up on December third.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: There are times in which I come across stories and I said, let me talk about this because I know it will drive Mark Ronnerd crazy. Or it will drive to walla sharp crazy true story, because I just know how they may respond to things.
Speaker 3: That's point number one. Point number two. When I was a.
Speaker 2: Kid, I actively thought about the idea that there will come a time in which the world would run out of music. What do you mean though, I mean that music, if you've ever studied it has a number of key signatures and number of time signatures. There are only so many notes and so many progressions, chord progressions and melodic interpolations that you can do that sound different because most music is in major keys in four or four time, and they usually have one four or five one chord progressions. If you're not a musician, that may not mean anything to you. I'm just saying that pop music usually falls within certain parameters, and that's part of the reason why it all sounds the same. It's not very creative. It's not much built upon creativity anymore. That's why it's easily duplicated, and you have a lot of producers. We'll talk about the formula of producing a hit song. Now, when you add a I into the equation, when you have computers mapping out that formula and using the things which are synonymous with hit songs, the chord progressions, the key signature, time signature, the type of melodic movements, bridges which are easy to duplicate. Then you can see how AI can impact the future of music and songwriting. But even I didn't know this was coming. In video shows an AI model that can modify voices and generate novel sounds, which means beyond creating the song, it can create singers voices not your voice, not my voice, not to allow's voice, but novel voices, completely new voices, not connected to any one, and it can modify existing ones.
Speaker 3: And we all know that in videos.
Speaker 2: The world's biggest supplier of and software used to create AI systems. It says it does not have immediate plans to publicly release this technology, and they call it FUGATO short for Foundational Generative Audio Transfer Transformer OPUS one. But it does join other technologies shown by startups such as Runway and larger players, such as meta platforms, that can generate audio or video from a text prompt. In other words, you give it a description and it will spit out some music. I'm sorry, it sounds like something out of Donnie Brasco. Fogatto I told youatto, I forget about it. I can't now when you when you say figato, I think it's a play on if you know music. Usually when when you're reading music, it will give you like instructions, like they like we say solo volce is usually in Italian like a soft voice, or it'll say a legro or something like that. On Dante, it will tell you about a speed and you know, I can't even think of the right word, but it's.
Speaker 3: Telling you how something is played.
Speaker 2: So when they name it fugato, to me, it is making a play on musical terminology.
Speaker 6: It also seems like there should be a hand gesture that goes with it, honestly, fugatto.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it probably is probably vulgar too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: In Vidia's version of this generates sound effects and music from just a text description, and it has novel sounds, such as making a trumpet bark like a dog. Now, I don't know how that has any real value or what type of ways it could be applied, but yeah, it takes me back to when I was a kid, and you realize after a while the world will run out of music and it will just be stuff that will be created by computers because we humans don't have any more creativity, or I think that we've also limited our creativity. I can go really down the rabbit hole of music and talk about how a basic major scale is one to one through eight. Dora mi fa sol la tito. That's a you know, a that's like a basic major scale and that goes one through eight.
Speaker 3: But if you go.
Speaker 2: Like two through nine, we go mix olidion mode or Aolian mode or where you I can't tell all these music terms, but I'm saying there are other ways that you can play songs in music which is not based on a basic major chord structure.
Speaker 6: Well, some of your musical terms sound like a dipping sauce aolian You just made that.
Speaker 3: Up, I did, Well, what about max olidion? Spicy? Spicy? What about dorian?
Speaker 6: It's painting in a closet, ages it ages, and you don't I see what you did there, I see what you did. Aolian mode is a real musical tone. If you say so, forget about it. Forgatto, it's forgotten. Oh well, will this or is this going to be the way that producers work nowadays?
Speaker 4: If you have all these producers at the house these up and coming producers who it costs way too much money to go into a studio to mix a master and create You can actually looking at this. You can create background vocals to a song that you may be singing on that's not your voice.
Speaker 2: Can create other background vocals. Say you're thinking way too small. You can create symphonies. You won't have to pay musicians. You won't have to pay a band, you won't have to pay a string section, you won't have to pay a choir. You can put that in the text prompt. And I can see logically where this is headed, where you would have the complement of a full orchestra or a choir, or a you know, a jazz band or a big band sound, all those kinds of things, because it would be able to generate that and you wouldn't have to pay any of them, and you could create something new and ostensibly copyright it.
Speaker 3: But that's the future of music creation. Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is I can see where this is headed, even though it may not be explicit. But when you start talking about modifying voices or you can generate sounds or music from a text prompt, well, I know what text prompts that I would be using let's just say yes, okay, give me full chorus SATB that's soprano, alto, tenor and baritone. Or if you want to have a four piece quartet where it might be three instruments in percussion. Yeah, I can see how that AI would be used to generate music in ways that could only be scratching the surface when you have a keyboard which gives electronic sounds or can approximate other instruments. No, this is this could just duplicate anything that we can think of. Oh damn, this is like a This is like a h an infinity stone.
Speaker 3: That's all I can describe it.
Speaker 6: When you put it that way, it sounds fun as opposed to insidious.
Speaker 3: Well, it can be both.
Speaker 2: It could be both. I'm saying you have the power of thought and creation almost at your fingertips, and you're not intentionally creating. You're just saying, like, create me a masterpiece, or create me something which is happy and a major key, and also I want it with a twelve piece orchestra with strings and some woodwinds.
Speaker 6: You remember a few years ago when people lost their minds about GMO foods and they demanded they insisted that everything be labeled if it had GMO stuff in it. Now I want that with AI. I want to know what's real and what isn't. I think we have a right to know for.
Speaker 2: The most part, well, for the most part, you are told that there are tags on it like they do cigarettes. You know, this product is known to cause cancer. They say this product has been created with AI. I just don't know if what you want mark and that is to push AI out altogether, whether that's even possible. Now you can have it marked, you can have it listed, you can have a warning label slapped on it.
Speaker 6: But it's not going anywhere. Oh that horse is out of the barn. But we do need to regulate it so that it doesn't only make rich people richer at the cost of putting everybody else.
Speaker 3: Out of work.
Speaker 2: We're talking about capitalism, So get over yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh you're right, I'll just I'll back off of that.
Speaker 2: Anything which can generate money is going to be used and abused to the detriment of those without power. Soil and greens coming next, Well, what was I thinking? Well, what is coming next? Is your horoscope?
Speaker 1: Listening too later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's time to get your horoscope on KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Aries. This week, you're encouraged to shift your focus. Your mind may be focused on limitations instead of all the expansive possibilities in your favor. Don't let mercury retrograde get you down. Allow the Sagittarius new moon to reinspire you through travel, learning new skills, or reconnecting with your faith based rituals. Taurus, this week requires emotional labor if you want soulful, deep love.
Speaker 3: We all come into relationships with baggage.
Speaker 2: Mercury retrograde pushes you to remove the barriers to your heart. The Sagittarius new moon affirms this healing, encouraging you to set clean fresh intentions with intimacy, transparency, and vulnerability. Jim and I mark I'm ready. Mercury retrograde hits your relationship sector. Sure to get a rise from you or your loved ones.
Speaker 6: It sounds like a little bit of good and a little bit of bad, a little from column A and column B.
Speaker 3: Take it however you want you take it.
Speaker 2: I don't think that wone you take it through miscommunications. Find a way to compromise rather than engage in a battle of pride and ego. The Sagittarius new moon invites you to reframe your perspective on partnership, allowing for healing and coming together.
Speaker 3: There's no room for pride and ego in a relationship. You're married.
Speaker 6: You know this.
Speaker 2: If I can only tell you some stuff off airbor I told Twala gotta tell you cancer. The universe asks you to look at where you're at in life through an uplifted lens. The harder you are on yourself, the more difficult it feels to be productive. Balance desires for a efficiency with room for human fault, error and emotional needs. The Sagittarius new moon affirms that perfection isn't real and that you should redefine success on your terms, not societies. Leo, this week brings romantic drama. Is there any other kind? Leo will feel mercury retrograde scrambling with their head and heart, bringing up valid questions or concerns take time to process. As the Sagittarius new moon emerges, your desires become undeniable. You'll need to reflect on where you're self sabotaging your chances at happiness. Hey, Rogos's eager to find new ways to connect with your home life this week. As mercury retrograde begins, it's time to make shifts to accommodate your personal life or loved one's needs. The Sagittarius new moon reaffirms your decision to take a new approach, realizing your mental health needs a break, rest and balance Libra. As mercury retrograde begins in Libris communication sector, they will surely have the typical mercury retro experience. What that means, I couldn't tell you. Opinions or thoughts must be articulated wisely and listening closely to others.
Speaker 3: It's a must.
Speaker 2: The Sagittarius new moon heightens the emotional urgency to hit the reset button.
Speaker 3: You're eager to.
Speaker 2: Give social life, friends, or community another chance. Twala, since it's your birthday week slash month. All right, Scorpios looking for security this week to self soothe self self soothed. Yes, their possessions, money, or other tangible resources may feel triggered. To find peace, they must look for the true root of their worries within the Sagittarius new moon heightens their feelings, pushing them to set intentions that align with their updated current emotional needs. And since I am a Sagittarius and this is my time, it's your time. Sagittarius is closely impacted. This week, Mercury retrograde begins in their sign or in this case, my sign, asking them to come back home to themselves. No longer can they Sagittarians deny where they need to put in the work to find the life path they crave to live out. A new moon, also in their sign, amplifies this desire. Self awareness allows them to overcome past mistakes. Capricorn feels withdrawn into themselves This week. Mercury retrograde shakes their subconscious sector, revealing repressed energy for them to sort through memories of the past. Pop up healing comes under Sagittarius new moon. Overcoming fears, Capricorn is eager to release self limiting habits.
Speaker 3: Aquarians.
Speaker 2: This week, you're encouraged to look at life through a positive lens. Mercury retrograde initially confuses y'all, leading you to redefine your future amims and goals. You may feel distant from friends or loved ones, However, the Secretarius new moon validates your experience. You'll feel empowered to embrace fresh starts knowing who's along for the ride in the long run. And lastly, Pisces, your career sector is hit by mercury retrograde, bringing on existential self questioning. This water sign must reevaluate decisions based on your integrity and the long term legacy you wish to fulfill. The Sacretarius new moon heightens the energy, urging pisc Ins like you to explore un charted territory in your vocational path and that whatever the hell it means, if you can deduce something or extract something from it is your horoscope for this week.
Speaker 3: Do you want to do anything special tomorrow? What are small tom Tomorrow's Tuesday. It's a special Tuesday. No, it isn't. It's tomorrow, very special Tuesday. It's to Tuesday before Thanks.
Speaker 4: One of the greatest people that I know turns a year older your.
Speaker 3: Mother's birthdays tomorrow. She's not a sagretary, And we got to get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 4: I only know one Sagittarius, one sagittary I.
Speaker 3: His name is mo. Well, I'll be damn there.
Speaker 4: Got to be more than mos got a special day of coming.
Speaker 7: He thought he was. He thought he was just gonna slip under the I was gonna try. There's no slipping under the radar. Good sir, Well, another trip around the sun. It can't be that special. I'm going to be here at work. I was here at work, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love being at work. I love being around y'all celebrating special moments. Yeah, I'll be here on Thanksgiving for work too. See look at that man. Yes, I'll be here working. I don't know how much I'll be doing, but I'll be doing work on Thanksgiving. So no need for celebration something. You don't have to decide that.
Speaker 3: Yes I do. No, no, no, yes I do. This is some bumpcake, some pizza.
Speaker 1: I know you.
Speaker 2: I know you can't say no this pizza. I can't say no to a lot of food items. That's my problem. Maybe a burger with.
Speaker 3: It if you if you came like a pizza burger or a burger.
Speaker 2: Pizza, I'll do whatever you want. This is more of a white Castle slider year. Can't I a six forty. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: What the hell is going on? Well, we're about to tell you a f I'm KOs T
Speaker 2: HD two Los Angeles, Orange County Love food everywhere on the radio.