Speaker 1: Stephanie writes in to start off the Minnesota Goodbye, she said, I've never heard a truer statement, And here we go. Forgetting garbage or recycling day is the adult version of forgetting your homework. Oh my, that's kind of true. Yeah. Yeah, Susan was gone to town last week and I forgot garbage day. So fortunately there's only two of us there, so the garbage wasn't overflowing. And that week there was actually only one of me there, so it wasn't bad. But I agree with that. It's like, ah, you forgot to put your bins out.
Speaker 2: We park our camper van in the back alley now and so the bins are behind the camper van, so we absolutely have to bring the bins out for them to get emptied. And we definitely forgot. And we ordered all of this shit for this last trip that we went on, and so we had a lot of Amazon boxes and are recycling. I've been slowly being able to put stuff in and like get rid of stuff, but it's all like sitting in the garage because we only have our recycling empty every other week.
Speaker 1: So okay, that sounds about right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if that's how everyone else is. I think you can probably pay more to have it emptied more frequently, but yeah, ours is every other week, and we have so many boxes that need to go away.
Speaker 1: That's the problem with Amazon boxes is like, and I'm still not clear on this one. I know that they should be recycled. Yeah, but if they're covered with a plastic thing that has the packing slip inside, they're covered with packing tape, they're covered with the different things, do you have to pull that off to recycle them? And I really don't know. But I am a big environmental warrior because of all the crap, all the diapers that we throw into a landfill, all the old cell phones, all the old furniture that just gets thrown into a landfill. And so I try to be very good about recycling. And we all get a few boxes at least a week from Amazon or whoever, and I do my best to put them in recycling and I try to fold them up and whatever. But sometimes I don't know whether they're going to take them or not.
Speaker 3: Right, No, I get that frustration for sure.
Speaker 1: Next one is regarding something we have talked about on the radio the last couple of days, and that is buying snacks at a movie theater versus bringing in your own snacks. And we had kind of a fun debate about this one, and Jenny's like, I don't buy fifteen dollars boxes of you know, junior mints. I'm not going to buy a nine dollar coke. I'm going to bring in my own coke, my own Junior Mints. And a lot of people, nearly everybody sides with Jenny. I don't because I've known a little bit about it, and I know that you know that the movie theaters, they don't make money off of tickets. They make it off of concessions. So I was telling a friend about a radio friend. He said, his family in another state owns a chain of theaters and they make one dollar for every fifteen dollars admission price. Most of that goes to the movie studio. That's why they're so rich. So they they depend on us to buy their concessions. So this one says, don't say my name. I heard the podcast and the topic of bringing your own snack to the movie theater makes my blood boil on vaunting Jenny's excuse on why they bring their own snacks. Jenny, movie theaters make most of the revenue through concessions. The studio usually takes eighty to one hundred percent of the ticket sales on the first two weeks of release, so the theater is banking on people buying their concessions. I could go on, but it would be boring, So please support your theater. I still love you, Jinny Infant. All right, dart Lick.
Speaker 2: Well, the good news about me is that I actually really don't like the movies very much, so I really don't do this almost ever. And to be fair, in the last couple of years, I mostly only ever want popcorn when I go to the movies, and I do get that at the movie theater. Yeah, but the last time I went and I saw how much Junior Mints were and I bought them for nine dollars, it just drove me crazy. And I get your guys's perspective. I understand that it's a business, and I understand where you're coming from, and I know that I am in the wrong here. But luckily I don't go to the movies that much, so I'm really hopefully not doing too much damage to the movie theater.
Speaker 3: I mean, a few times I do go, I've brought candy.
Speaker 4: Into the movies before too, but I usually don't even bring snacks. I just get popcorn when i'm there.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that it's if people thought it would. I mean, there's there's a lot, and we're gonna wrap this up because this is getting kind of tiresome, but I appreciate it. Candy at movies is expensive, so you're doing what you think is the best thing to do. You are saving money for yourself, but at the same time, you're utilizing a business that needs your money. And they're like, oh, big corporations that are making you know, the CEO gets a twenty five million dollar a year bonus. That might be true, but Amanda, who owns the theater, she needs the money too, and trust me, Amanda is not making a twenty five million dollar bonus. So anyway, let's move on from that one. Unless you've got any new perspectives. This one says it's Neil the window washer. Feel free to scream my name to the heavens because I have no shame in what I will say. Fuck the haters. Oh wow, Good morning to all four of you lovely souls. First off, congrats on being one of the best morning shows of all time. I'm thirty three years old and listening to Dave's bullshit for close to twenty of those years. Ah ha ha ha. All four of you do such a great job, and the two newest editions the show have really made it a very fun listening experience for all six or seven of us, even that vont bitch O bro. Nobody holds back and not afraid to speak their mind, which really makes things enjoyable. Second of all, people really suck. I feel extremely bad for the family of the seventeen year old that was killed on Highway seven and one on one on Sunday night in Minnetonka. I didn't know anything about this one, but I do know there is a traffic light out at that intersection, and I'm going to guess that's why I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard either.
Speaker 1: That is horrible. I live right up the road from there. But now that intersection has become an absolute nightmare. People need to slow the fuck down and relax. It's definitely worth a few extra seconds to get through that light rather than being in that much of a hurry that you cause another accident. It's not a normal four way stop. There are five lanes for each direction, counting the right lane, and people need to learn to be aware and really pay attention to whose turn it actually is. I'm especially worried for you, Dave know whing. You live in Chanhassen and travel through that intersection sometime every day, twice a day at least, be careful out there, all you guys, and thanks for doing such a wonderful job. Dart sniff. Then lick hm got to make sure that produce is fresh, all right.
Speaker 3: Down and also, yeah, well you are filthy, he is.
Speaker 1: Please, as staff writer, sticker would be lovely for the window of my truck. We're going to send you one. You're in the capable hands of Secretary Bri. I wish I knew more about that accident, but that is just so horrible that, you know, the seventeen year old got killed. Yeah, and somebody who wasn't paying attention or ran a red light or tried to gun it through a red light or a yellow light or whatever. Yeah I didn't.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: My stomach drops a little bit because I've driven through there the last couple of days since today's Wednesday, and it's been a four way stop because it's a stops sign rather than a working traffic light. Now I know why horribly sad. Thank you Neil for that. I appreciate the kind words. Hello, Dave, Jenny Bailey and Vant listened to the podcast from today, heard you talking about the fake band from Freaky Friday, Pink Slip, making an appearance in the sequel. Well, it's funny because I saw a TikToker who makes yearly concert lists of fake bands that are performing at Coachella. He called it Foechella, but then Fochella heard about it and mailed them a cease and desist. Oh, they have a trademark on words that end in Coachella, so I couldn't call this Dave Chella or Jencella.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some they were throwing something in the North Loop in the last couple of years, and Coachella sent them a season desist because it was like a play on Coachella too.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, In anyway, he's on TikTok. His username is at Alex Underscore Falcone f al co O n E. His twenty twenty three list included Pink Slip and twenty twenty two had power Line. Also your discussion about proposals and wedding engagement rings. I wanted to share that when my partner and I got engaged and married to the courthouse, I use the two wedding rings that my father gave me before he passed. One was the original wedding band that he wore when he and my mom got married, and the other was the upgraded ring. Both are similar, and since we didn't have any money at the time to buy our own, I was happy my father gave me these as a sign or blessing about my intentions with my partner. While they are not the kind of ring I would have selected for myself, they still have sentimental meaning for me and I wear mine proudly. Eventually we will upgrade, but not for now because they are perfect. Thank you for all of your continuous entertainment. I don't know what I do without your show and podcast. We don't know what we would do without you, Chris, So thank you very much from number four of your seven listeners. Lol Chris in Miami, ooh, Miami, next one. I'm not going to read that one because they are talking about a client, and I don't want to talk about a client on our show because they're not a big fan of the of this client. Additionally to the shopping cart situation, this has come up a couple of times putting your cart back in the cart corral. Do parents not realize the prime parking spot locations are closest to the cart corral when your children are small. You can use the side with the car corral to have more space to get your kids in and out, and you are within an arms length of your vehicle when returning the cart. Not returning your cart is lazy, and I judge heavily on the people who just put it in a parking spot or block the handicap accessible lane. Okay, I'm reading what they said about the client. Blah blah blah. I'll read that later because I don't want to. Like I said, I don't want to trash a client on the radio. Next one, I just listen to Monday's Minnesota Goodbye. I know you're looking for embarrassing sex stories. I probably have a dozen of them, but I'm in a dry spell years, so let's switch it up. But still embarrassing years A year's dry spell.
Speaker 3: Woy out there.
Speaker 1: My situation's unique. I'm divorced, live with my grown son and his fiance. It works well for all the parties. We all get along. When I travel and work, there's always somebody to watch my dogs. Downside, I don't really date since my options are pretty slim. Also, not having sex. This dry spell is killing me. I was just overseas for a week earlier this month and I went to a bath house, a very popular thing to do when I was visiting. While there, I got a massage from a younger male therapist. I was lying there trying to relax. But what kind of demented, horny, middle aged woman is crossing her fingers that he would initiate a happy ending? What the fuck? Like I need to be fucking touched or something. So anyway, she's at a bathhouse getting a massage from a young guy, and she's hoping that he's like gonna do a little something extra.
Speaker 2: Can you never explain to me as a naive person, I don't know what a bath house is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've heard of it, but it can vary.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a massage parlor or a brothel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also like a community pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have them in Japan, and you go in and you're naked in a hot tub with a bunch of other dudes. Yeah, and we never did it. It was just not our thing.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not an assumed like you're going to get a happy ending and say I heard bath house and I was like, Oh, she's going to get that specific kind of massage there.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess some are and some are not. Okay, I don't know for sure. Listen, I've had many massages. Never has this crossed my mind. I didn't do a thing. I laid their frozen and my horny thoughts, never really relaxing, finally leaving the room feeling guilty as hell. I'll get over it. But I came to realize with a recent move in September that we had that I'm not even pleasuring myself as much. Who wants to masturbate when they can hear their son working from home in the next room. It's like they never leave, someone is always around. I love how she is just spewing her thoughts. Yeah, I love them dearly and our situation works for the most part. Hoping this too, she'll pass way. I'm obviously sharing it with everybody now. Horny and Saint Paul, don't even make me think of dart licking, and that is from Shannon.
Speaker 4: See, I feel like you say you've said it twice in your email that things are going well, it's going well, but clearly it's not. So I feel like, what do you got to do in order to make this go well for you? Like I'm not saying you need to move out or that they need to move out, but maybe like can you send them away at some point.
Speaker 3: Like get out of here? So though, yeah, right, but I think that that's like up to her, but it's.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily she lives in their house. They all live in the same house together, so it's still her house too, Like I don't think they all Can.
Speaker 1: You say, son and daughter in law, I need you to leave because they need some private time to masturbab.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you wouldn't say it's private time to master baby. You could say I need some private time in this house that I also live in.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't have a solution for this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and throw out my first thought, and that is, can't a woman get sex pretty much anytime she wants to? I mean, a guy is like, you know, we got to work for it. We got to take you out and like fire a couple of burgers down your throat, take it to Red Lobster.
Speaker 4: She's still a woman involved in that though too, so she still has to do the same thing. She has to agree to go out noime.
Speaker 1: We did a bit one time, and it was years ago, where we had a woman on our show go into Cub. God am I imagining we did this or we actually do it and say, Hey, I've got an RV parked outside, I'd like to have sex. And now I think about it, I don't think we did because that sounds a little bit too outrageous. Yeah, but our bit was to have a woman, like an attractive woman, walk into Cub, find a guy in the produce island and say, hey, I know this is weird, but I've got an RV parked outside, I'd like to have sex, wondering how many guys would actually say yes. And now that I think about it, I'm certain we didn't do it because it would just been really a liability. Yeah, but I think that that Honestly, if Jenny or Bailey walked into Cub and said, I know this is weird, I'm really horny. I got an RV parked outside, Let's go have sex. Nine guys out of ten would leave their cart full of Captain Crunch and bananas there in the middle of the aisle and go outside and take you up on the offer.
Speaker 4: I feel like that wouldn't happen. I feel like that's something that happens in like movies imporn, but not in real life.
Speaker 1: But if it did happen now, it wouldn't work for me because I'd be like, okay, number one, I am not going to do that. That's weird and kind of gross, and you could be a psycho. Plus Susan would be pissed, right, So.
Speaker 3: I feel like the same way of other men. They would feel the same way.
Speaker 4: So I don't think it's as easy for women to get it wherever they want to as you're saying, I will.
Speaker 2: I will just back up one thing that Dave's saying. I agree, you can't just I don't think a woman could just walk in a cub and do that. I do, however, think if you're in a bar setting, a setting where a lot of people are out there horned up wanting to go home with someone, Yeah, a woman, yes, could easily walk up to a guy and be like, let's go home together in a bar setting. I don't think that that could happen just in any setting. Versus a guy walking up to any woman at a bar definitely probably not going to be reciprocated the same. Right.
Speaker 1: I was at a radio station event back when I was probably twenty five or so, and a woman came up to me and her name is Amy, and that's all I remember. I kind of remember what she looked like. And she's like, I want to go home with you, and I was like, don't, girl, Okay, So we did. We went right back to my apartment. I remember we played with my cat for a little bit, so we didn't immediately roll into the bedroom. Yeah, And then we did our thing and then she left and I never heard from her again. I mean, and we were both happy with it.
Speaker 2: I can't say I've ever done that personally, but I've definitely done the like bar close scramble where I'm like, hmmm, that guy looks kind of cute.
Speaker 3: There's only about ten we left. Maybe you'll see.
Speaker 2: But I do have a friend who just specifically would go up to guys and be like, yeah, I want to go home, Let's go home, What are we.
Speaker 1: And honestly, what guy is going to turn that down?
Speaker 3: So that's what she's got to do.
Speaker 1: I guess well, I don't think that she's probably at a point in her life. She's middle age where she'd feel gross going into a bar and meeting some guy and taking it back home. Plus you can't take him back home cause your kid is there with this why house? Go to his house?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Thoughts on that? Let me know what your thoughts are on that one? And the last one, Sarah here from Hudson right and ask if you're going to bring back slow Cooker Sunday. It was one of my favorite bits that Dave did, and I loved hearing about new recipes. Thanks for making our morning so much brighter. My friends and I have a katiewb group chat and we love chatting about the show. It makes makes each day a little bit better. Also, the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald was the best boss check I've ever heard. Have a great day from Sarah. Thank you, Sarah. I would love you for you to screenshot your group chat with your friends and send me a couple of screen screenshots because I'd love to see what you say.
Speaker 3: They just drag us all day. God's so stupid.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Sarah. And we probably will bring back slow Cooker Sunday. Probably not this week because I won't be here.
Speaker 4: I might.
Speaker 1: I might do it this weekend. Maybe I will. Maybe, well, maybe I will. Yeah, I think I might. Okay, that is it for the Minnesota Goodbye, all anchored to your emails. If something sparked a little creativity in you today, please write us and let us know what's on your mind.