Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: What's going on, y'all? What's going on? Everybody? I'm not hearing myself. Oh oh okay, I did. Okay, If you guys hear me, then we're good. Just make sure I was just talking. We're gucci, I don't.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 2: We just restart. No, no, no, no, you should.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 4: Uh this fucking little thing down here. I wasn't paring with that.
Speaker 2: YO. What's going on? Everybody?
Speaker 4: Welcome to a new episode of My Canicis. I'm Candid Dave. On today's episode, we have two special guys joining us. We have Scotty you know Canada be Extra X, one of our partners, and then we got his good friend here Hatchwrise guy rapper bite from the from the Detroit area rapper, which I'm excited to get get talking about. But because you're sponsoring the Boonie Bash is his stage at the upcoming festival, let's dive into that a little bit. Actually, before we get that, how'd you guys meet? I might jump away ahead, but.
Speaker 2: How did you guys get to know each other? How do you guys become friends?
Speaker 5: Actually?
Speaker 6: I used to have a company called Maid and Detroit. You know, he's Hatch has been doing UH music for quite a few years. There was another mutual friend of ours, Keith Kalfus. His music name was Keith Michaels. That's actually how I originally.
Speaker 5: Met with him, and he.
Speaker 6: Actually was featured on the front cover of my maiden Detroit magazine shoot almost twenty years ago. And then we just kind of stayed, you know, stayed in contact and full circle. We're still working together, We're still friends with the mutual people were connected with, and he Hatch does a lot of things UH, you know, with and for Cannaby, and I support his music and his ventures as well. So it's just kind of a mutual agreement that we kind of scratch each other's backs and helped benefit each other and grow together.
Speaker 7: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 4: Us a little background information on you. What got you into like cannabis? Which got you in the rapping music?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: So aside from being an early appreciator off cannabis in my life, you know what I'm saying, Really it was, you know, my network of people.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm very selective about who I work with, and those people are selective about who they work with. So a friend of a friend is normally always a good sign, you know. And I had already knew Scotty a little bit from the music days when he was doing Made in Detroit, and we had kind of re met again all these years later at Keith's birthday party, Keith Calf's birthday party, so we saw each other and it was like, oh shit, what up? And he was like, yeah, I'm doing cannabis now and I was like word, I'm like, I've actually been working with a brand.
Speaker 7: And he was like, well, hey, if anything ever changes, you want.
Speaker 3: To do something, maybe we could talk so fast forward, you know, I ended up leaving that company and I hit him up and I was like, Yo, what can we do? So we've been working stuff out and you know, from events to concerts to you know, promote products, you name it.
Speaker 7: Man, We've been just rocking ever since.
Speaker 8: Since we met Scotty. We've heard your name.
Speaker 1: I've seen you on the Graham and shall a big fan of and in my whole life I saw you. I know music, I love Weeds. I'm like, God, meet this cat. So it's cool you're finally here man. And big shout out to like headlining Bony Batch because I just got a shout out to the homie shadow at Drew and Alley a couple shout them out, check them out. All that jazz. But there's a lot of cool artists. There's like from all different genres. Very grassroots festivals still really starting, but I love that type of stuff. That's where you get in for the cultures built, you know.
Speaker 7: What I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's why I'm excited. And the ups beautiful. Very So what are the dates again?
Speaker 6: Just Boonie Bash is the last weekend of July with the almost there.
Speaker 8: That's it what they do.
Speaker 3: So I'll be Saturday, which is the twenty six and yeah, man, it's gonna be It's gonna be live. We were there last year tearing it down, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, how was last year? Last year was a vibe. Man.
Speaker 3: It was their first year, you know what I mean. And uh so it's kind of cool. We almost felt like a little bit grandfathered in, you know.
Speaker 8: What I mean.
Speaker 3: We're like, Okay, we're like in the inner squad of the of the festival, you know what I mean. And Drew and Alley, who though the festival are always great man, Scottie, you know what I mean. Being involved, who was like, it's already good people, good vibes as is. And then my homie back Troy, who I actually knew like high school days.
Speaker 7: Fast forward all these years later he lives in New York. Now he got booked to also DJ. We had no idea. I seen his name on the fire.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 8: I called him like a song together. You know, he's nice that with artists.
Speaker 5: My birthday party weekend on top of the event.
Speaker 3: Crazy, yeah, man, we had a blast man.
Speaker 7: We had a blast man. You know, That's what I mean.
Speaker 8: We really have.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, a little little little little roma's in the air, a little fun guy and you know, I love it.
Speaker 8: But that's awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: I I I really, I really wish I could be there, and honestly, I'm hoping to be able to line up this schedule to play next year.
Speaker 7: So absolutely I love.
Speaker 8: Up there, and honestly, man, in respect, because it's not easy to throw.
Speaker 9: Events, you know what I mean, especially a festival, especially three day event, three day festival, all days, multiple events, multiple stages, like you know, it's a lot.
Speaker 7: Well, people don't. People never appreciate what goes into fucking anything. Bro, like even like so true.
Speaker 3: They think about like this festival three days, right, you got to have sound man, you gotta have people to build the stage and whatnot. You have security, you got to have people promoting. You got to have artists, keep everybody on the same accord, timeline, availability, communication, you got. I mean, bro, you gotta run ads. You have all the vendors, you gotta manage and this, I mean it's just a crazy thing. On top of dealing with the venue and if anything goes wrong, they're knocking on your door.
Speaker 7: You take all the risks, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's just like shout out to shout out to nine oh six can couple you know what I mean for taking this one else? Yeah, And you know, and they're and they're putting something on for not only the artists and the cannabis community, but just for people to have fun this summer and just enjoy themselves, man, and go do something dope that they're gonna remember ten years from now.
Speaker 6: Especially, I mean, the up is not an easy you know, uh spot, there's it's a it's a hefty travel you know. And for them to take this challenge, I really you know, im.
Speaker 8: Because honestly, we will talk about doing ship.
Speaker 7: You know, everybody, everybody of this.
Speaker 8: Man, if I threw a festival, I would do.
Speaker 2: This, Yeah, do that ship well you know, crying exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're trying, they're trying, they're trying in mad respect.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean I'm excited to see we did one day events and that was a lot of work and that's like nothing on the scale of so we just.
Speaker 8: Did like av Yeah. So like so you're you're promoting you actually have you are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm the I'm the maid stage sponsor and on the Sunday after party sponsor as well, and then obviously you know, uh hatches representing you know, Cannoby and obviously himself there as well. So Cannoby has multiple fastest layers bringing peasants, uh you know to the show and yeah.
Speaker 1: And honestly, man, it aligns with like you know, and as much as like some people out here and they'll throw money at events.
Speaker 8: Man, Scotty really loves festivals. Really about that life. Last time we saw Scotty was in the middle Electric Force.
Speaker 5: No actually Big Cloud to last year.
Speaker 1: It's about you know, ship, right, yeahs.
Speaker 8: Saying you're supporting the life you love. You know, you're not just throwing money and ship to make money. And look at me, you're literally like, I love this ship. I'm about this ship. I'm gonna be about the ship.
Speaker 7: One and at the end of the day, man, the goal is work hard, play hard. You know what I mean? Like like you got you can't you know what I'm say? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And I've tipped the scales the wrong way each way a few times in my life, you know what I mean. So you gotta really so you know, Scotty is doing it the right way.
Speaker 7: Taste good.
Speaker 8: You like the bangering too?
Speaker 7: This is pretty so I love it, bro. I love it, Bro. I feel like Peter paying Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're talking making a bunch of the hook ripper.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it right right. It's this is this is the cup winner. This is too tall back to back hash Basu ship.
Speaker 8: You know why not?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about going for that three pet next year.
Speaker 7: Three pet.
Speaker 2: That's the first.
Speaker 8: But no.
Speaker 1: The reason why I brought that up is because you see a bunch of people and people throwing money at events and like that's all like cool because you'll get a little brain recognition. But when you're really about the event, I think people will really feel your brand presence and different.
Speaker 8: That's why I agree.
Speaker 5: And I'm I'm there physically even friends and I'm showing up.
Speaker 4: I think that even brings more to you, you and your brand because it's like I'm literally the owner and I'm there doing doing the dabs, showing you the product, having fun with you. It's not like just some people down and like you're talking about the product. You're helping him learn, teacher.
Speaker 3: And he's going to be lace head to toe in a custom Canno be fit that you ain't never seen. You wish you could buy, that you can't even get because he's on that type of ship.
Speaker 8: You can't miss, jog, you can't miss.
Speaker 7: There's no doubt who's rocking with Cannoby.
Speaker 3: When you go to the festival and you see him, honey like, oh, that must be him, you might see that story.
Speaker 1: That's why I did it, big fan, I was like someone supporting that. I've seen the hats in the wild, but bro, you always have the yellow hoodie on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the hat boom I want to stand out.
Speaker 2: No, it's perfect, Bro, the yellow pops you're dart out popping.
Speaker 7: Don't that the right way?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: And just a little transition because you're wearing the best in grass hat. If you haven't got the best and grass bags, you might have missed them all. But the moon rocks are in there, right. Do you enter other categories as well?
Speaker 6: Four categories moonrock category, the solid concentrate category, the cart category and uh nonsin infused pre roles? Yeah, text text Absolutely.
Speaker 7: You take a couple of them things home last year. Yeah, yeah, their categories you.
Speaker 6: Got to take two. So I'm trying to defend my title this year. And obviously shout out to Joey and Mark Kazinkah. They're doing it amazing what they're putting putting together on the shout out to them.
Speaker 5: The awards show.
Speaker 6: I am not sure exactly the date on the award show, but I know it's at the Royal Wolk Music Cafe.
Speaker 2: Say it's October this year, not September.
Speaker 6: Yeah, see the October September. I'm not actually sure exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't real yeah, don't Canada and Scotti said, well, but.
Speaker 6: That's at the World Up Music, Uh, you know cafe and Donna Royal Loake and from my understanding there's gonna be some type of consumption this time, which.
Speaker 4: Is that'd be huge, especially Royal Oak at the amazing I love seeing this happen more and more at venues.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: We don't need the liquor, We don't need a beer.
Speaker 7: Just absolutely Yeah, what's called don't do?
Speaker 2: And he wants you to try his entry that he did in Uh yeah, I did bring the.
Speaker 6: Josh Jerry's entry live resume, you know, just because I know you.
Speaker 5: Guys end up getting to concentrate.
Speaker 6: Uh you know, kid, but you know, definitely wanted to bring it first flavor to try and.
Speaker 2: Then hatch what got you into music? Did we go into that?
Speaker 4: I think I mentioned it, but we didn't fully get into what isn't that?
Speaker 8: Did it just come to you?
Speaker 7: Yeah? You know what it is.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things I can't explain because there's some magic in music.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: I think everybody knows who gets involved in music. Once music's in your blood, it never leaves and you're gonna be eighty years old still trying to do some shit, even if it's just for you, you know what I mean, It's just it could be fucking your whole life up.
Speaker 7: You're still gonna go back because music is just one of the things.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things that I've told him so many times where it's like even for me, like I quit for many years. I didn't play the actually ten twelve years. I was like, I quit this shit. And then it's just like it's like a calling. You can't to go back to it. I'm like, I just it's almost like I needed to like have my voice right, it's you. It's actually a voice, but to me, it's like more of my instruments were my voice at first. I'm starting to actually write for the first time ever. But like I tell you, it's like a sort of calling. You can't help it. How many times I've wanted to quit and then it's like then I get another gig and then you're.
Speaker 7: Like, ah, so I'll tell you, yeah, no, I feel you bro.
Speaker 1: Down, but I feel I mean you you're a little bit more in the career obviously, but I mean I just speak about the struggle of trying to make it as an artist, pushing through that boundaries.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this though, the way I started a quick little story before I could even walk as like a baby, when music would come on, I would crawl to like the coffee table in the living room, find a way to climb up and grab the edge, and I would be just like, I don't send in like like dancing.
Speaker 7: And it's like, how do you explain that.
Speaker 3: Nobody came and sat and talked to me about music or rhythm, Like that's a natural that I can't explain, you know what I mean, That's some intangible thing. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, So so naturally, man, Like I was drawing the music. And then obviously when I get older, I'm watching Michael Jackson, you know what I'm watching early, you know, nineties hip hop and shit like that. And by the time before I was ten years.
Speaker 7: Old, I had to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was writing little. I didn't know there were raps, but I was making shit rhyme and writing it down.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We are you gonna who are some of your major influences?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Musically?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, So I consider myself a lyricist, man.
Speaker 3: So I really the people I really look up to, the like the goats of the craft. You know what, I'm saying like I'm looking up to people like Nas you know, of course, Eminem jay Z.
Speaker 7: There's so many.
Speaker 3: I mean, Lil Wayne, I'll throw in their big pun rest in Peace too, Biggie Park of course, even people like Jadkiss Fabulous. A lot of a lot of New York influence with me personally. That was kind of the mecca of hip hop. And I'm just all about the word play, the similes and the Ryan Patters and like the plays on words, little clever storytelling, you know what i mean. I'm trying to get more personal on my music too, man, Like this album I'm about to come out with Dirton Diamonds, there's a lot of personal shit, Like probably on every song you'll at least learn one.
Speaker 7: Thing about me, you know what i mean.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to really get in tap into that this time around. But yeah, man, music just came over me and this ain't let me the fuck go since. And I'm just lucky. I'm lucky enough to, you know, have met the right people and worked hard enough to be in certain positions and work with people like Scottie and Cannoby Extracts and things like that. Man, to live my dreams and help things come true even on a smaller level. You know, I'm not Drake, but at the end of the day, like ship, I can live off of this right now and do my thing. Yeah you know what I'm saying, and the people who appreciate me meaning the world to me.
Speaker 1: So it's jealousy in here. No, no, no, I was like waiting jealousy, and that's one jealousy. Jerry is jealousy in here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It almost gives me that cut, that jealousy taste that runs like jealousy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, burial most in there.
Speaker 7: That ship smelled amazing nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's uh, it's jealous Jerry's but there's actually an internal cross during the process to.
Speaker 5: Really enhance a lot of the flavor profiles.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, that's definitely. That's a very unique Uh, like a chef has a recipe that is Cannedy's recipe that cannot be replicated.
Speaker 7: I mean, let me say that.
Speaker 1: So impressive because there's like sauce in there and like well sugar, I don't know if you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's got a little little chirp layer, a little bit of like the diamondy sauce. That's why it's named it's got turp sauce in my in my book since two thousand and eight, since I've been doing this stuff, sauce is boss.
Speaker 1: In terms of the flavor, man, that top little layer is the flavor, man. Like, I mean, don't beet wrong. The other stuff looks me but like that ship just taste, man. And that's why I really even when I was looking at I mean you probably look back if you're listening to the podcast, but if you're not on the audio, go check out YouTube follow us. But it had like a sauce like half and half, so you really balance it out.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: Man, you stay having some bank ship people are putting me, I'll be like for real people. Yeah, but if you ever go, let me say this.
Speaker 3: The first time I went to the Cannoby Extracts lab, it was I was so impressed at how clean the facility was.
Speaker 7: You could eat off the floor. It's sparkling. Man, it looked incredible. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That that and to me, like living at details like that show me you know, for sure, I was impressed with that.
Speaker 1: Funny though, like actually doing Instagram video from us, it's like we're gonna eat off the ground and you're like.
Speaker 5: We come over for lunch and I'm serving the food right on the floor.
Speaker 3: I'll do it, I need, I trust you, Florentine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I enjoy that.
Speaker 11: This is the category you placed in first last year. Yes, that's the category.
Speaker 8: Oh you got that's right, I forgot you got first.
Speaker 2: You got a couple of yeah, right, So that I really hope.
Speaker 6: I hope this year that I at least take a place in the carts, because the carts is something that the.
Speaker 1: Tech is pretty I saw it effects. I mean, we can talk about this. I mean and you guys, everyone offline probably talks about this all time, but carts, the tech is a huge part of it. Like beating that like shitty burn flavor too soon and making you feel like you wasted your money as a consumer is like and for some reason they want to blame cannoby not. I think sometimes it's weird because, like you know, I want to see the two cards are the most expensive cards, but that's like five six bucks.
Speaker 6: Every seven seventh design and seventh different cart, seven different ones before we you know.
Speaker 5: It sucks, but you know that.
Speaker 6: That's that's what has evolved out of Now this is the way, the way the heating aspiratic of it. Uh, the way you're getting your flow tech. You got your dual flow low heat technology. It's uh, I mean.
Speaker 2: Right there.
Speaker 5: While you're writing hot, it doesn't get super hot. Word brings up in. She got that flavor through and through.
Speaker 2: No, it's really good, man, I enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I always felt like the pens are really smooth and I never had any issues with them.
Speaker 1: Clogging well, getting down to the end doesn't even are to taste bad. Like, I really enjoyed that because a lot of times you get them and they burn too quick. You're like halfway through and it's already like a dark.
Speaker 4: Brown and then the turps die out and you can get.
Speaker 2: That in some rosin ones to them only.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because a lot of.
Speaker 5: You you introduced a lot of heat to rosin. Man, it just it's done.
Speaker 7: I mean you guys.
Speaker 6: Had rosin where maybe you're like, oh, ship man, I've had this sitting on a show for two months and you get it and it's like, oh dried up.
Speaker 8: It just show up life. Why need the turn fridge? I mean, I have a little frider.
Speaker 4: Don't leave a rosin vape in your car in the summer either, no hemn personal experience.
Speaker 2: It just evaporated. What happened, that's happened.
Speaker 1: I really opened up a rosin card Ones. I'm not exactly thankfully, it was like a gift. I opened it two hits and it was done. I was like the fun I was like, oh, I left it in my car all day. But that's seriously just I mean, thankfully was free, but like, what the fuck?
Speaker 8: Yeah, garbage one. I would have paid for it. I've been whining. I guess.
Speaker 4: Goot yea. I think I think you got You have some great entries in there. I think that stands out against anybody in the in the Michigan market.
Speaker 5: They were entered with passion and love.
Speaker 6: That's at the end of the day, even if say I don't even take a place at the end of the day, I just hope that someone can appreciate what's truly coming and what is in these things because they're done with straight up love, passion and with internal spirit.
Speaker 7: And that's straight intentional, intentional.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, man, you're really about your product, you stand behind it and you show your face at these events. Like one of the points I forgot to make because we're you know, we're smoking and days bangering and be slapping.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: But like when I say, like, you come and you put your face behind that brand, that's huge because sometimes people go in these companies. You don't know who the hell any of these people are, but there's a reason behind it because they don't want you to know, you.
Speaker 8: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So the fact that you're putting yourself in front of people, it just shows that you're like, hey, I believe.
Speaker 2: My did to try that.
Speaker 7: Man, Man, I'm good on that right now. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 3: I know my limits and my times and spaces. I don't I gotta dab like that. I got a lot of ship going on today, respectfully, and I know it's good, but I want to be able to enjoy it.
Speaker 7: I don't want to be working, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: That's that's that's real. It's solid stuff.
Speaker 2: It is hybrid, so I like if.
Speaker 7: It was too and I'd rather do SA to be real.
Speaker 2: That's what we got that comes in definitely. It's like really good during the day.
Speaker 4: But I want to ask you, because you said you have an upcoming album coming, how many albums do you have? I already have multi EP's out and where can everyone get to listen to you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, honestly, man, I got I got a bunch of projects from back in the day. I have not released a full body of music in many years. I've been actually just thriving off of singles for a long time. So all my stuff is on Spotify, you know, Apple Music, anywhere you stream music under hatch wise Guy. That's my artists name. But the album coming out is Dirt and Diamonds. It'll be out soon, and I gotta like this is like my big kind of thing. I've been gearing up to it. I got a lot of like big guest features on it and big producers and stuff like that. It took me a while to bring it up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So, like I'm looking forward to it. All the singles have been good.
Speaker 3: I got a single dropping on the twenty ninth that's gonna be real big.
Speaker 7: I don't even want to say who's on it with.
Speaker 3: Me yet to be real, but yeah, it's got a big feature on it that that my genre three of hip hop will be really excited to see. So yeah, you know, oh yeah, oh yeah, it's kind of yeah, I'm trying to shoot. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I say within the next sixty days.
Speaker 3: I don't have the date yet because we're still going back and forth on the cover art.
Speaker 5: But six that's what we're working with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, easily, yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exciting, very cool.
Speaker 8: I like how it keeps you on track like that.
Speaker 6: I've been around music musicians and sometimes like soon and then soon could be soon could.
Speaker 1: I wrote a bunch of music and like I stopped for a year putting music out because I was like, I think it's all trash, and he's like, bro.
Speaker 8: It's not bad. Like I tell you, I get it.
Speaker 1: You know, it takes, especially when you're trying to find your sound. Like I'm still kind of in that era where I mean actually blessed with some of these gigs and stuff, but it's really just pure luck.
Speaker 8: I feel like, and I've heard.
Speaker 6: Some of his songs that's going to be on it. I mean hard, that's hard man.
Speaker 7: Excited man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate it. Yeah, man, you know, just I'm trying to make it well rounded. That's the most difficult challenge about doing an album for at least me, because I got to like tell my story a little bit. I gotta have like just bangers that are just like fun ship whatever, you know, and then have all the elements like and then have to a little bit a little bit you know, critics, and you know, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist. And I do you know, I do videos too, so I do on my own videos. So that's another thing that I got. You know, I got my hand in the engineering portion of it, the video portion.
Speaker 7: Really everything, really everything. Yeah, like this is.
Speaker 5: Like my piece of art for real, like else just rap video production.
Speaker 6: He actually does a lot of video production for Keith cal Fist, which is our mutual friend. And this gentleman has millions of views on YouTube and uh you know, Hatch works directly with him, helping him, uh you know, with him.
Speaker 7: Man stuff too.
Speaker 2: So the video agency words, yeah, absolutely absolutely. To bring that up Scotia.
Speaker 6: And too, he had to say, he's he's old school man.
Speaker 5: He's won some battles, the MTV raps, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, man.
Speaker 3: So like the first time I did a real studio session the right, right, right, So I'll tell you this. My first real studio session, real mic I was twelve and I was making my own beats, and shit because like basically when my mom met my stepdad, he was like a musician and he had this program called acid Pro on the computer that a lot of people familiar with. It's like beginners beat making shit. It's a lot of loops and shit, and he was showing me how to do it when I come to his house and I kind of got nice at it. I started writing shit. One day, I was just like, hey, can I try something? Me had like a mic in the corner. He had a little setup so that, but it was legit. He had clients and shit, you know what I mean. So I did my my session and he was pretty impressed that I took it that serious and it just grew, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So I've been taking as serious since I was twelve, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And really my big break, my big break, if you want to call it that. Like I did my high school talent show in ninth grade, so like I was a freshman, nobody knew who I was for real, one for me, and then I did the talent show and like overnight, the whole fucking school knew who I was, you know what I'm saying. So it was just like you know, the next day of school was like the rapper kid in the hall type shit. So it just grew from there. By the time I was eighteen, were already doing you know. I was on my first national tour because I won a competition you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: A band called Critical Bill and Ship like that. There was Ship signed a technology tech Yeah, tech Vision. That's my brother's man Tech. I'm a big tech.
Speaker 8: Vision age that one song the Beast whatever.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the song right now, being called out on it, but like in high school days, he's like I was bumping that.
Speaker 3: Oh man, yeah, text to Ship, but yeah, you know, so I'm like, really, I'm like a young veteran in this game and like I you know, from televisions.
Speaker 7: Oh that's what you were asking about. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I did a I was on a TV show called one O six in Park on b ET. It was like their number one show and Ship and they had a segment called Freestyle Fridays where it was rat battles and like that's what I came up on, like rap battling in high school, tearing kids up at in the street at the bar, Like that was my ship so I get on the show and I become the champion and I'm an All Star and all this other ship you know.
Speaker 7: So that's really been like a claim to fame for me. Even until now.
Speaker 3: I still get recognition off of that, which was super dope for me, you know what I mean, opened a lot of doors for me and ship like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, yeah, I mean you don't need to put.
Speaker 8: Them up on that clip.
Speaker 7: It was dope.
Speaker 3: Man's like you know, and I had like some of my heroes like judging the Battles too, so he's like.
Speaker 7: One of the park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, I appreciate who's your humble and I appreciate that, but I understand that.
Speaker 8: And but that's what's up.
Speaker 7: Man. This was up.
Speaker 8: They really got and it's really cool help kind of pave your way.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, man.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm forever grateful for the program directors and uh, you know, b e t as a platform for letting me up there and really just believe it than what I could do, you know, and let me thrive for real, Like you know, it was it was like the lowest amount of viewers on one episode, like when it first aired would be like one point one million. Then they have a rerun, and then there was commercials all week that I was on like this Friday, see hats tearing another motherfucker up.
Speaker 7: Devol with me and ship, you know what I'm saying. So it was just like I.
Speaker 3: Was like that dude for like a minute, you know, like here, like for a couple of months, like I was really the new hot dude in Detroit rapping that was on the come up, getting recognition type ship. So it was dope, you know, and it still helps to this day, to be honest, you know, Oh I'm grateful.
Speaker 12: But then then you do like a live freestyle with on the Sheade forty five, Oh yeah, a bunch of those yeah you did, I mean he did one that was specific that actually, I mean the credits that they the gentleman gave, I mean, it was it was fire.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sway if you if you know Sway from like Sway in the Morning or he used to be on TV. Yeah, man, I went up to his show and really had like a classic freestyle on his show, and once I got to do the theme song for the show too.
Speaker 7: I got to do the theme song, you know, So shout out to Sway man.
Speaker 8: He's always greener.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: They they've held me down for a long time.
Speaker 8: See, like I said, that's awesome, dude, Yeah you know, but you know what.
Speaker 3: It is as funny as like I could sit here and name like a zillions really things that sound really cool and it's.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, but like I was broke for like most of that, like like the game.
Speaker 8: Is crazy, bro Like, oh I hear you, man.
Speaker 1: You know I'm covering costs and get to gigs and get back again. I'm like covering costs. I'm grateful, right and make a little bread. But just that's what it is for most of the game, man, because until you get that, like you can get to that next level, it's tough, you know. And there's a lot of artists that are talented. But to get that talented, meet the right players, make the right songs, learn how to write catchy stuff, you know, because you know, there's.
Speaker 8: A lot of layers to music writing. And I so mad respect man, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta I gotta definitely, man, And I got a long way to go. Man.
Speaker 8: I feel like see the iceberg. They don't see the fus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of ups and downs, ups and that's not just straight up.
Speaker 3: Like I've been rapping forever and I feel like this album I'm about to drop is like my first album, even though it's not. It just feels like this is my real first step into this legitimacy of artistory.
Speaker 7: Thank you brother.
Speaker 2: Sixty ninety days.
Speaker 3: I want to hear some ship too, man, man, we might have to do something one days.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you if you open a.
Speaker 3: Ship like that, but like I always wanted somebody to take my vocals and just like I don't care use two phrases.
Speaker 2: Make sure, yeah, definitely do that.
Speaker 8: I'll you something.
Speaker 3: I'll show you the ship I do with figure two and that's like, yeah, we got four.
Speaker 8: Tracks, so tell you man, I all Halloween ship, dude, that's what we were doing. Bro, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm one of the albums this Yeah, yeah, I heard you probably did. We had a couple of like we had one of ours. The first song we did was pretty big. It was called twy light Zone and there's like hello remixes of it. Like I was freaking out. There's like dudes in Germany spinning my boy on a whole another beat I never heard before I'm like, I'm like.
Speaker 7: What am I going to get paved? What's going on with this? Like I don't know what it is, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: But they sell it they kind of yeah, like because that's what lot.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I have music that I don't even release. I just making here's an edit.
Speaker 7: Yeah. At the end of the day, it like whatever you're making music it is.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't take some other people's music and just sell it though, like yeah, that's the thing. As an idiom producer, you won't.
Speaker 2: But there's people that, well that's man.
Speaker 7: The music is musician.
Speaker 1: I'm not about trending music. I just like music, like the music of all genres. You know, a lot of people play I play the sacks.
Speaker 8: Who do I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of rap and metal like music games like the drug business.
Speaker 7: It really is. I mean you know what I do, man, I try to musically. I try to like cleanse my palate with like oldies. Do you ever do that?
Speaker 3: Like I listened like Motown for like a whole half a day or something or two days, just like I feel like it just like resets my ship. It's like it's like this is real music for sure, you know, like I can at least start here and keep going.
Speaker 7: Like in my next director.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's I think it's like frequency and vibrational and like even sometimes messages like I know EDM isn't like about that always. It's just more about like slapping ass beats, which is dope as fuck, don't get me wrong, But like for what I do, it's like there's a lot of people in my realm that just literally don't say anything good in any of their songs, like like now one jewel gem something you can learn from, not nothing positive, and it's like maybe that's your brand, but for me, I don't want my legacy when I'm gone and be like yeah, man two days gone.
Speaker 7: He used to wrap about his dick and bitches and getting money on yea.
Speaker 1: Those artists who do that though, all in that circle, that's all they got to say is like a bragging when you don't even have it yet half the time, you know, I get it one day if you're like rich and you're like you got it, but like like real are real music comes from the soul man, you know, Like so when you got something to say, which you know obviously you do, right. So that's when that's why it's cool to hear that with your album because I feel that now because I used to feel like I was writing trying to write music that people wanted to hear.
Speaker 2: Now write music that comes here, you know, And that's.
Speaker 8: Why your first well, I just got there.
Speaker 7: Period.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: People remember the people, they got something to say, and it comes from here.
Speaker 8: Man, Exactly what somebody said to me was improp just for me because it's just.
Speaker 2: Clicks.
Speaker 1: That's why I love Impropt because for me, it's just like right from the soul, and I tend to like shine there sometimes all overthink and second guess and then it's like I'm like, it's a ship song and I never.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, But but oh sh the average listeners kind of song.
Speaker 7: I think it's differently we hear. But I like that.
Speaker 8: Because its all about that. Yeah, I think, says Key and the lyricsist real rap.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to build a relationship with my supporters, you know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, it's this difference between living a song and loving an artist, you know what I mean? And like, I think we all have those at least I don't know, maybe the DM world might be different. I don't know because I'm not as in that. But I mean, like for rap anyway, there's people who I like their songs, but like I don't give a fun. I'm not like no album drops, I'm not excited, Like I don't give a shit. But if I come across, I'm cool, I'll be like that was cool, but I'm not gonna turn it on.
Speaker 8: I might just like it when I hear it or something similar.
Speaker 2: Man idea.
Speaker 1: Man, absolutely, sometimes there's those artists who like get it, you know, on a different level.
Speaker 7: That's why we like M and like right like there's.
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, there's others who just like surpassed their genre and that's.
Speaker 3: Man, that's a great way to put it. So who So, I don't know if you guys are I know you're a hip hop guy. I'm not sure if you are. What would you guys say your top five or ten? You know, like, what's your realm that that you guys like to enjoy, like music style?
Speaker 7: Yeah, like as far as hip hop?
Speaker 8: Yeah, like artists wise, sure, yeah, yeah, let you go first.
Speaker 7: I mean because some people like West Coast, some people down you know what I mean? It's all different.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of Southern spread out.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean so for me, like when I found like my first CD that I got for my buddy that was burnt off, like I forget it was pre Line Marks was like Naptury, and my buddy gave to me was crunk.
Speaker 8: Juice by a little Job. So for me, I fell in love with.
Speaker 1: Like crunk music that real, you know. So like like when I like, even when I was a kid, like I was listening to like a little scrappy and like you like Eve, I liked t I you know a lot of that, like Southern rap.
Speaker 7: I mean you know, yeah, a slim plug, all those bun.
Speaker 8: Be, all that ship. So I really love Southern rap.
Speaker 1: And then like you know, but also being from Michigan, I just uh, I loved eminem due my hair blinde.
Speaker 3: I was that.
Speaker 7: I didn't know.
Speaker 8: I was all of you know, you're gonna my dad says. I was like, I get it now, I'm joking, but no, yeah, you want.
Speaker 2: To go yeah something similar. But I like that a lot of AT.
Speaker 4: I like some Gucci t I uh that like Little Wade, I did love a lot of Gucci growing up, Like I have he Gucci geez.
Speaker 7: I like Dolf nice Dolf.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love me Dolf. Yeah, I mean m West Coast would probably be.
Speaker 8: I can't believe he hasn't said it yet. His Lord and Savior Mac Miller.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Like I don't even even make all that joke, but he's just like that Max song Daved.
Speaker 3: Is like, man, Mac was special bro like I unfortunately, and I can humbly admit like I was somebody who kind of appreciated.
Speaker 7: Him a little late, like right before he passed.
Speaker 3: I was like starting to be open minded to him because when he first came out, it wasn't for me.
Speaker 7: I felt like he was a kid though, you know what I mean. I just I didn't connect with it the way I was other people. So I was like whatever, you know. But then as he got older, I was like, Yo, this kid's got some ship.
Speaker 3: And he had passed and I really started digging his archives and I was like, yo, like I actually kind of slept on dude for like a minute.
Speaker 8: That's I literally didn't listen to young Doll for like any of his men.
Speaker 3: He died, and I was like, oh, ships, So yeah, respect to Mac, though I fuck with Mac bro, like so talented and he can rap too. That's what I like when you can fucking rap. I want to be inssed, like say something that impress me. I want to be like Wind that he.
Speaker 8: Could do a lot. You know, Mac was very like I said, he he felt it.
Speaker 7: He did.
Speaker 2: He didn't play any instrument too, like facts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's musically inclined due yeahah.
Speaker 2: Like his TINYSK performance hits my soul every time.
Speaker 8: That start with yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean there's just so rach yeah juice wrld wash yeah.
Speaker 7: Juice man.
Speaker 3: Juice was special too, and talking about who could really rap? That kid could go freeze off the head for like thirty minutes like cook.
Speaker 7: Really cool.
Speaker 8: On YouTube and like off and you and he'll be.
Speaker 3: Talking about what's in the room where you could throw him words and he's just and like consistent, clean, no funk ups for real.
Speaker 4: Like it's impressive, Bros watching those with JP.
Speaker 2: I remember watching the World stuff. We're watching those exactly.
Speaker 4: It's amazing how he does literally looks at a light and I can't start.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'm a freestyle guy too, and like I can tell you like he's good because.
Speaker 4: She gave him a beat we should get a free style. I don't know, that's what I like that question though? For us music wise? Yeah, man, you know, well too, what about you Scotty or since we all said you got a dive in hip hop?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I actually liked uh you know d MX know obviously Eminem you know.
Speaker 2: I I do like a lot of snoop stuff to.
Speaker 6: You know, back in the n W day eight a days where like I really like that music obviously the pop biggie.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, you know, he's my boy, and I think he's talented. You know, it's extremely talented. I just think that, you know, one thing about the music game. It's kind of you know, tough, you know, but he does get in doors where many can't. So he is surrounded by a good group of people. I just think, you know, there's just got He just wants to be in control of what his legacy is. And some artists they sell themselves out. There's one thing set Hatch. He doesn't sell himself out, you know, and he puts in that work and you know, goes after it and he's like, you know, fuck that, man, My soul needs more than me than any dollar can make me. So that's why why I I fucked with Hatch, because you know he's got morals and ethics, man, and you know he sees a vision that's not just about that paper.
Speaker 7: You know, I appreciate that that was I take that as a big compliment there, right.
Speaker 8: Because like you know, that's the big thing you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Like you know, I mean, I don't mean to throw a whole genre under the music or in the bus, because all music is, there's some good music in all music. But like the thing I didn't like about the auto tune rap was I felt like it was like you didn't really have anything to say with just clubs and drugs. Don't be wrong, I partying whatever, But like music, like you said, back in the day, they used to really touch your soul when talking about real shit.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean? He get the club songs. I like club songs. Three six Mafia, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love that shit, you know what I mean. I love that shit.
Speaker 1: But it's like even then that's like a catchy hook. It's just like a short banging song. It's fun, and honestly, you're really about that life. I feel like the whole New era of rap was like they're just trying to talk about it to be about the life, or they're just like rushing into things and just have nothing to say.
Speaker 3: Yet it's funny, I've just seen Tech nine talking about the same thing, and it's it's really there's like there's like new like everything's under this umbrella of hip hop and now there's all these little sub genres and ship and it's like there's been a lot of you know, it's like I haven't loved every era a rap, but I do know that if it doesn't evolve, it'll die like disco or some ship. Right, So like remember we had to Snap.
Speaker 7: Lean with It, Rock with That was a whole laughy taffy. All that ship was like a whole era.
Speaker 3: You had the crunk era, we had the gangster rap era in the nineties we have so it's all the ship. And now that auto tune thing is like that's a moment, But what never dies is traditional hip hop, hip hop right where the roots are right, That's what I'm doing, And it's like I finally feel like I found my place. Because you chase trends, they die and it's like, you know, it's just like be authentic to the to the art form and the right people.
Speaker 7: Will yourself gravitate the facts. That's why I'm at Manat.
Speaker 8: Was like, all right, do we end it now.
Speaker 2: About Scott? You got any cool collapse or anything up common?
Speaker 6: You got Freedom Green Firms collab that we're about to release, uh blue suede, shoddy lime octane.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, shoddy.
Speaker 5: Uh so those are about to be released.
Speaker 6: We're gonna be doing lime octane collaboration with Freedom Green Firms.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Drew, He's he's amazing.
Speaker 6: I love working with them guys, And yeah, we got that's something I think that we're real excited that's coming in and mixing. Obviously, I got a couple of new Frosted Firms cart collabs that I'm going to be doing. They keep sending me, you know, just tasters and stuff. And we put in uh frosted farm strawberry strawberry, frosted Strawbridge Gelatto in the condo.
Speaker 8: I tried that one.
Speaker 7: That was good.
Speaker 2: We had a forest yeah, oh yeah, yeah, let's see.
Speaker 7: That one there.
Speaker 6: You know, it's true cannabis added botanicals, which I'm serious market running.
Speaker 8: Not even hitting sandals whole.
Speaker 2: That means to me talking about them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, this is the problem.
Speaker 6: You know that even even the labeling aspect of things people can put on their live resin, but they're not really telling you that they're just lit. There's botanical turps in there. There's a little bit of cannon, but you know, there's that that's really the issue. And they're putting super flavors on these streams and the consumer doesn't realize that, I'm sorry, there's no cannabis out that it tastes like bubble gum regally spearmic gum, candy, skittles, these, It's like a.
Speaker 1: Whole sector of the industry that's like I don't know how to word it because I don't want to say like it just seems like a little bit more about the paper, less about the actual for sure, less about the quality, more about how much revenue I can make.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just hoping that I survive, like staying true to myself and not selling myself out because I shoot, I could have.
Speaker 8: That make it right, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: And we have good rods in like by smoky yes, like you know that's all actually on my table, or good flower like this kid you know what I mean, Like there's quality, there's love and do it man, and like you can get turps out without cutting corners, but people will cut corners. Probably shouldn't be an industry, but they just want to be. You know, they're like I want to say, like fakers, but I mean, at the end of the day, there's not that passion and soul buy in it.
Speaker 2: It's just like, can I make money?
Speaker 8: A lot of times they're the ones who get out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I understand that.
Speaker 5: You know, situation, you got big money with guys with big ass money in this.
Speaker 6: They don't care. They're sitting behind a desk. They just invest to the next best thing. They're gonna pull their money in and out.
Speaker 5: As they please.
Speaker 6: They want to make sure whatever investment they have they got the quickest return in the short period of time.
Speaker 5: So if that means selling flavored hot dog water, that's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 2: You know, the people do that consistently.
Speaker 5: It's world.
Speaker 1: It brings the whole market down because you're faking these players that the people who are truly there. But here's the thing that the one thing why I understand why they exist, and it does help get some people in, like some people who don't like weed and like who just spoke to vapes, they'll get into that crap. But it's like it's such a damaging part of the industry, you know, So it's like it's weird. It's like, I see why it began, right, you want to get those people in. But then everyone was like, let's put it on the flower, let's put it in the live resent, Like, man, keep that.
Speaker 10: Side pats everywhere everywhere, And that point is like, keep that in the carts because I get the cart people like bubblegum banana blast or whatever, right, because because they're used to that tobacco bubblegum banana blast, And.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're putting we don't taste like cotton candy.
Speaker 7: Sorry, how does it correct that far? It's just stupid.
Speaker 2: You find a strange that actually tastes like kind of candy without being dude, you got it.
Speaker 5: You gotta you hit a gold mine. You'll be like, oh my gosh, that profile is so perfect that it grew this way. It's like, no happens.
Speaker 2: Rarely, it doesn't. I agree with what Groovy is saying.
Speaker 4: I think it's good that in how quality you put out there you show, you showed in your product, and these brands, other brands that do the cutting or whatever you want to talk about. Eventually, hopefully in time they just get get out of the industry people. The more education, that's how we talk about it.
Speaker 8: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: It just kind of getting people to understand what they're You just gotta understand the difference is.
Speaker 4: I think eventually in time there will be some maybe there'll be some type of lost Cira comes up with its Hey, these aren't.
Speaker 1: Because some people think that's what good stuff is because look how strong the flavors and like, that's not true.
Speaker 8: Never smoked flower in your life, and it shows.
Speaker 2: Man, absolutely you had to.
Speaker 8: Pick up a dime bag and it shows you never gonna pick up some lea.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait a little bit, pick it up, that's for sure. Just like right, hatch, we have we have a question.
Speaker 4: We asked every guest of this episode because we're almost come up to time and anything else. If you want to bring up but see you you a flower smoker or a taber even ask you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I'll be honest mainly yeah, I'm a flower guy, but I do dabble in some Cannoby extracts when I'm on my dab game or of course my you know, when it's time to use a cartridge or a disposable rather, you know I do that. Not huge on the gummies, I've done them. Cannoby has delicious.
Speaker 2: Like the mango they do and ones are fire.
Speaker 7: But mainly flower. To be honest with you, that like this. I'm a big fan of this.
Speaker 13: Make sure you get a clip, like I said, we can right here, sparky spark We can allegedly attest that if if your windows are open to they stay burned, even like you've heard people feel like hits in the messaging and it's wild precision.
Speaker 8: Thank you for those people about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, the d m on that.
Speaker 2: We appreciate that glass tip. You want to spoke it, spark it up?
Speaker 7: Are we really you like to do the honors?
Speaker 2: You can spark it up?
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 13: I like about the end episode, like we're gonna smoke with Cander Gardens episode.
Speaker 8: Still should we wait?
Speaker 7: We can wait if you want were smoking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so imagine now you're just gridging up some weed, right, maybe knock out the grinder and a gangea genie pops out.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I don't know how I asked this because you don't work.
Speaker 5: This is interesting, this is actually be a good one.
Speaker 8: No, it's it's it's the same question people still care about.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm very far. I kind of want to cut this part out.
Speaker 2: What are You've got.
Speaker 5: A gaga genie?
Speaker 2: Not you not got your grinder?
Speaker 4: And a gone Genie pops out and he's like, okay, you one wish to change anything within the cannabis industry.
Speaker 8: Like what's wrong in cannabis that needs You've heard us.
Speaker 2: Go back and forth talking about a bar.
Speaker 3: For me, it's really simple, just from from a kind of somewhat of an outside of perspective as a businessman, bro.
Speaker 7: Just the fucking business be fucked up.
Speaker 3: People owe too much money, people fucking I mean, at least at least in our network of people.
Speaker 7: That's what I can say. Like like around here, I know too many owners of too much shit. I know too many stories. I've been to too many spots, and I hear the same story over and over and over, and and.
Speaker 3: To be frank, it's like, well, you know, it's what happening. You get a bunch of stoners trying to do corporate shit.
Speaker 7: Maybe I don't know. I don't know. I'm not trying to be stereotypical, but maybe I'm just.
Speaker 1: Saying, well, honestly, it's the people who aren't smoking the way and making shit regularly.
Speaker 7: Okay, maybe that's what it is, because I'm saying that out of ignorance.
Speaker 3: No, no, but I'm a bit so as a businessman, it's like, yeah, get the business right, make sure you're not putting the fucking bullshit in here.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Just just go to do shit proper right. I'm a businessman, bro. You can't go nowhere on earth and hear a story about me doing bad business anywhere. And I pride myself on that.
Speaker 3: Someone I hear this guy, Oh they put this chemical in there that fucked everybody up.
Speaker 7: It's like, the is wrong with you? Man?
Speaker 3: If you're gonna do it, do it right, man, more than and don't and don't fucking build bad karma trying to make a few dollars.
Speaker 2: No, exactly, you're building a lifelong brand here if you survived the mark.
Speaker 7: And hurting people in the process.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's some booth pushers out there, man.
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 2: Uh, I love that answer though, just because.
Speaker 8: They're not on the industry. I mean, they don't you know this boy, they never heard a story once.
Speaker 7: What was your guys answer if you had to, I don't know if you guys know if we have Let's let me.
Speaker 1: We did each other in the first episode, but now we're two hundred and some episodes deep, it's like.
Speaker 7: I don't. Oh yeah, they smooth, criminal.
Speaker 2: That should be a strain smooth.
Speaker 7: Let me let me.
Speaker 4: Honestly for me, I think, I mean I have a couple, so it'd be tough. It would be similar to what you said.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think it's kind of bullshiting. Brands can't pay their bills and they continue to continue to be able to.
Speaker 2: Push out smaller brands.
Speaker 4: So like that needs to change because we deal with a lot of small brands, uh being us smaller and I like to see them thrive.
Speaker 2: Because you can see the quality of the product. But when you have big.
Speaker 4: Brands, they're like, all right, I'm just not going to pay my bill and watch you suffer like that. I think that's bullshit. So that, like, I think there needs more more transparency from like the CIRA and their guidelines I think they need to be more attendant to what's really going on within the industry. And I think, like we were talking about these these what the fuck are they called the fake terms botanicals? Thank you, I think being als inhaling it. There's no education behind it right now, and then they're not even FDA approved, so like to make so mine's like three different things, but we haven't been asked that, so I couldn't a spot.
Speaker 2: That's kind of tough, I mean though.
Speaker 1: And I was trying to sit answer, but I was like, no, I'm just gonna speak from my head because at the day when I, like you said, when you start to think about it, there's so many things that are messed up.
Speaker 2: So it's like where do I begin.
Speaker 8: But to me, if I was to say, like funnel it from the top down, I just really hate all of the.
Speaker 1: The what would I call it judgment or hate behind the plant in general from the madness stuff, because I think if people stopped hating or judging people on weed, all the same banking crap would have not mattered people.
Speaker 2: They would have been a legitimate business, like people would have been.
Speaker 1: Regulated a little bit nice, and look at all the people who are the bad players in these like you know company, like dislike the CIRA or whoever making the the or the people making the the laws for the people, if they didn't dislike it or hate it to begin with, you know, hey, maybe maybe then the laws would have been written right without this prejudgment or hate. Like I honestly, my dad hated cannabis for years.
Speaker 8: He used to call it dope, dope, he just fucking dope. He hated me, called me a doper.
Speaker 1: Call me a druggy, all that shit. And it's like, now, guess what last year he did. He grew it just to see if he could.
Speaker 5: Ha.
Speaker 8: He's more open asking me for seeds and ship Oh and his buddy needs some weed.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 8: And it's like, what do you do with all this? Because it's because he's.
Speaker 1: Is You can't you can't blame because I think he lives still with a lot of people to know and generational. There's a lot of sheep out here, man, a lot of sheeople aren't thinking. And that's that's why I said, if I could just get rid of the hate behind people's like a judgment of the plant, it's all your.
Speaker 7: Dad, How old are you like.
Speaker 8: He's like fifteen sixties.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was in the sixties, so he was like right for man, oh yeah, but he likes she like.
Speaker 1: He agreed though, you know, I mean until eventually he was like I did this podcast and realized it's like, oh ship, you know, you start seeing that people aren't just like smoking, we don't do anything.
Speaker 8: He's stereotized.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: To add to what you said, man, I agree with what you said.
Speaker 3: I think anybody who looks down on we should spend like a day at a dispensary and see every fucking walk of life come in there that you would never.
Speaker 7: Even think of. Luda smokes. Well, you see, man, you see a dude.
Speaker 3: You see a dude in a fucking suit walk in looks like he owns a CEO type of ship.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. You're seeing an old lady in there with arthritis. I got mes, you know what I'm saying. Like, I won't lie. You see the stereotype motherfucker walk in too. But it ain't just him, it's.
Speaker 5: Everything that walk into a Myers walks into the Spencer.
Speaker 4: I love that they ruled that should be something should have a TV show on that like, honestly, that is probably.
Speaker 3: Pro propaganda so strong that everybody knows about weed now, but they still it still has this kind of stigma.
Speaker 7: That's rooted, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Even my dad right, like for example, because he's ad a cannabis for so long, it's almost become like instinct, like you'll still call it dope.
Speaker 8: It is, but you fuck and then I'm like, what is it? What do you talk about? Like it's just like it's but it's like eventually it'll come back to like, you know, not.
Speaker 7: As heroin and we got the same nickname.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: The category Yeah da da take it forever, suld say scheduled.
Speaker 8: Should be in prison for cannabis at all?
Speaker 7: Remember Joe Rogan said it was kind of cool a long time ago.
Speaker 3: He was like, he was like, if you put someone in jail for smoking a plant that made them happy, you to motherfucker.
Speaker 7: Once you be in jail, man, you're the criminal world, like you taking it's too many people.
Speaker 1: That didn't enjoy the plant making rules for the plant, It's like, and that's that's like the same thing for a lot of things. You know, there's too many people that don't look like that race representing that race or the repend in that gender. It's like there's a lot of that players and it's like it's such a messed up thing because in the industry that which it's in should be those people like.
Speaker 6: You know, people making the rules for the cannabis are the same people that used to bust people for.
Speaker 7: Right, there's one that that.
Speaker 11: It's like, is that really off, like a second half of regulation that's helping the industry really grows because at the end of the day, they're making money no matter what they're making.
Speaker 4: It's kind of messed up though that you do have that happening a lot because it's like did you just change your mind because of the money or did you actually really believe in the plant therapy and what it can actually?
Speaker 7: Yeah, is this too opportunity? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right it is and that's but yeah, but uh it's great, Yeah, absolutely, Yeah. Which ones anyway? Any yeah particular.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Peak Peak has on. They've got him twice and they sell out though fast. I don't know if they have any even burn.
Speaker 8: In the infused pre role or of any sort.
Speaker 1: Doughnuts, uh, Triangela's kndigars any infused one if you can get him to burn evenly, that's the key, because something about the resident or the concentrator that.
Speaker 2: Always gets always right.
Speaker 8: Sixty bucks and it doesn't smoke right.
Speaker 2: Oh you know how pissed I get. Oh, I get so reritated on that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you paint freaking thirty bucks for one of those you want to have an experience.
Speaker 3: This is high quality ship through you can tell like yeah, And I'm not saying that because I am biased, But I'm not saying that because I'm you know what I mean, Like, this is fucking nice.
Speaker 7: Anybody who touches it and as smoke straight.
Speaker 2: Up tell me, don't get you hut If you don't like it, Man, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I send you a T shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The glass trip for me is.
Speaker 2: I think that's prime in UH infused joints. The glass tip. I think I just love the glass tip in. It just hits cleaner, It brings it to a luxury product, like we're right away right, takes it from like the cardboard which I usually use. It's like outlets.
Speaker 1: Why don't want anyone last shout outs? Any shoutouts that helped you get here along the way?
Speaker 7: Man who is Hatch.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Yeah, first and foremost, shout out to you guys and can it be extracts, you know for let me be on this you know what I'm saying podcast and uh, working with you guys as well. But yeah, I want to shout out to bab Blue Bad Boys. They helped me get my start, man, they were managing me. Help me there, one of the reasons I got on be Et and whatnot back in the day. My step pops as well put me in the studio for the first time. I mean, we could really go down the list.
Speaker 7: My boy Astray Man, I work with him closely.
Speaker 3: Musically, man, him and I got a lot of music coming soon. Oh man, there's so much. There's so many people, man, I can shout out a hundred, you know. But yeah, basically I want to just say look out for that Dirt and Diamond album. Hit me on all social media platforms, Hatch wise guy, literally anywhere, check me out. Man.
Speaker 2: We'll share it. That our story.
Speaker 4: So if you fire hats right now, you'll see it when he poses the content for it. So I'll help you boost it out to our following that.
Speaker 7: Shout out to Boonie Bash too, man, pull up end of July.
Speaker 1: This episode will be out by then, So if you're listening to this, you get there, be there.
Speaker 2: Save it up to Scotti hopefully can run the hatch. Say it up the hat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, save it up to me.
Speaker 5: Thanks God for this opportunity, by the way, to it.
Speaker 7: Up to the most.
Speaker 11: It's got you wealth on the show anytime. Your family does absolutely appreciate you coming on. And Hatch is awesome to learn about. I just love talking music Master Growers and then Dave and so it's like three master grows. Yeah, nutrients, He's like, I killed care. I just say keywords living soil.
Speaker 4: You can tell you could tell you have the same sixty days you know they did. I felt that vibe just like energy. So I'm looking forward to a collab here in the future.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want to hear some ship as soon as as soon as we're done plays.
Speaker 2: Out, I think.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so's if you can't, do you have anything that you would like to say? Society, you know, thanks for always having a sign. Uh, you know, looking forward to Booty Bash next weekend. Uh, you know Canny will be there the whole weekend. You know, we'll have a v P area as well, uh that we're going to be inviting gifts and you know, giving some uh uh, you know, giving some personal gifts, giveaways and stuff like that. But yeah, other than that, just look out for cannedy and a store near you, and look forward to us.
Speaker 2: We'll be a part of the big fan look for a lot.
Speaker 5: Of stuff that Hatch and I will be doing in the future.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Can I make an exclusive right now? One little plug before we go? This isn't it? All right? This is an exclusive piece of confirmation information. Excuse me? That's that See that's that ship or smoking dammit, he's.
Speaker 14: Backgarten confirmation of shout out Cannoby for that that blogle responsib by cannedy Okay, no exclusive right here.
Speaker 3: July twenty ninth a song called Yikes I'm Dropping featuring thirty eight Special Boom, big fucking big ship popping. Man, this shit's gonna go crazy, bro. I cannot wait for this to come out. So it's a big deal in Hatch Wise thirty eight besh, yikes.
Speaker 7: You're like twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the little exclusive here.
Speaker 7: I app appreciate that.
Speaker 2: That's sucking all So that's.
Speaker 5: My birthday too, o ship have a happy early birthdays.
Speaker 2: Yet it does.
Speaker 8: Something you gotta celebrate.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, Well, Scotty, appreciate you coming on as always, Patch, thank you for coming on.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: This has been great to get you both back on, and I'm gonna give a shoutut to our partners that make this possible. First, okay, off the Lost Coast plant therapy. Then we'll jump down to old score organics. Use that code, Mike, get percent save your plants.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: And we got Scotty of Cannady extracts and then let's at least smoking tomatos aka dary do. Without them, we're not able to continue. So we appreciate all of them and uh look forward to our new stuff upcoming and as always, give you to advocate.
Speaker 8: Okay, educate it is.
Speaker 7: I'm fun up to what's going on. Geeze, we're all man