Speaker 1: Coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started at five o'clock hour here on a Friday afternoon, day two of the best two day stretch that you're gonna get in sports. And I do love that even those that will acknowledge how much they love the NFL or college football more than college basketball, Like you don't even have to be a college basketball super fan like us to realize what these two days are. And obviously yesterday sucked for Louisville being the first team eliminated. I mean, just you know, a real real gut punch. I did watch games last night, but I was still kind of down on the dumps. But today, as soon as the game started, I had some reflection and nothing you know changed as far as my feeling about the season, the future of that kind of stuff. But just I guess the sadness it kind of worn't off because despite it sucking being over and you being the first team out. I can't even if I wanted to be, even if I wanted to be like, you know, against the grain, shock jock kind of guy to be negative to get reaction, I couldn't. I'm not a good faker anyway, But like I wouldn't be able to do it because I still think this season overall, as I hoped would happen, no matter what the result was going to be in the tournament. I mean, I was in love with this team, you know, not in that way, but I don't know, maybe kind of because I've never felt I've never felt this way about a team before, and it's just because of unusual circumstance that you know, we never thought we'd run into, of course, But I hate the Louisville season ended, and that sucks overall, but I'm still enjoying the first two days of the tournament and what if. I mean, we haven't had a Cinderella just yet. I mean, I think the biggest upsets are McNee state, and I'm sure the casuals out there they look at that as big upset because five twelve is a big upset. But like if you know Will Wade and you know his roster and how he built it and you know Clemson, that that's not that big of an upset, Like I mean, I did, I didn't predict it, but it also isn't a bit Actually I did in my bracket, I did pick McNeice to win, but it was actually more so because I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I wasn't that impressed with Clemson, and I wanted to be able to believe that when Louisill be Clemson, they were really doing something. I never felt that at all. That's not to say that Clemson was bad, and certainly I'm not saying Louisville beating them means they're bad, because all you can do is control who you play. But Clemson losing yesterday, I mean they were down thirty one to thirteen. A McNeice ended up making it more competitive, but it was ugly. So I guess Missouri losing to Drake another one that the casuals are calling an upset, but it's not if you know, the circumstance still an upset, And I'm not saying that, like, you know, everybody should have expected it, but you also can't be There's a difference in like expecting something but also just not being surprised when something happens, right, Like, the expectation probably was for both Missouri and Clemson to win, But in the grand scheme of things, who's really that shocked. I would say the McNeese past win is honestly more of a non surprise based off of both factors, I think Missouri losing to Drake it's more of, I guess, a confirmation that Drake was for real and you know, they probably shouldn't have even been in eleventh seed, you know, if we're being honest. So again, final hour here before we get out of here, and when we come back on Monday, we will have the Sweet sixteen finalized. I think the biggest takeaway from yesterday is that we are gonna, in fact get the Rick Bettine overs John Caliperry second round matchup, and I really I want to take Rick, but I think calin Arkansas, it's really the Cali Perry component. It's not even that I'm not confident in Rick, because Rick, honestly overall has been a really good tournament coach his entire career. I mean, we're talking about somebody that objectively speaking, you could make the case that other than John wood and based off of John Wooden's insane amount of national championships, Rick Ptino's the best college basketball coach we've ever seen. I think him having Saint John's here in the round of thirty as a two seed in the tournament and then winning their first regular season and Big East Conference championship in forty years. It's just another I mean, Rick didn't even have to do that for you to make the case that the guy's phenomenal and he's one of the best ever. So I just think Cali Perry, what he has to work with that's always been his edge is young NBA talent, and that is made up at times for his lack of x's and o's. But I think another thing is Cal This is a week I'm gonna compliment him as much as he has seemingly underachieved based off of all the NBA players he's had and teams that have lost in the tournament at Kentucky that really had no business losing to the team they lost to. I do think no other coach has really had the same success as he's had with that with those type of teams, Right Like, even if he lost early in the time tournament, or choked in the Final four, choked in the Sweet sixteen or the Elite eight, he still got them to the point that I think other coaches just aren't really built to maximize like Cal is built to deal with those kind of teams. The issue now is that that's not really the way to do it anymore in college basketball because of the differences. Now you can go build old teams that will easily be able to at times, you know, make up for the fact that, yeah, this dude's eighteen going to be a top three pick in the NBA draft. This guy's twenty three, has a child and is a grown ass man like and also, by the way, a really good college basketball player. So it just builds up to where Cal can use the it's me against Rick Patino. He's my rival, and they're the two seed, were the ten, Let's go do something here, just like when he walked into Rupp Arena with a team that had one win in the SEC at that time, that had lost their best player, Boogie Fland injury. Kentucky clearly in every aspect better than better than Arkansas. But Cal had his guys performing and playing with an edge that you see from Caliperry coach teams in these moments. And that's why I just think Saint John's I wouldn't bet them to lose, but I think I think the line here, and we already had it mentioned earlier. I already forgot what it was. Let me pull it up here on the on the DraftKings sportsbook app. So yeah, I mean Arkansas plus six and a half. I'm sure I'll talk myself in and out of it over the next twenty four hours before we get there, but I do like Arkansas plus six and a half. It's gonna feel gross, right because any other time it's been Rick versus Cal, I'm a lunatic and like i'm you know, I'm not well, and I also think that to be fair, and this is different. It's not Kentucky, it's not Louisville, but Cali Perry had an impact on Rick during those games. I mean when Rick was coaching against Kentucky, when it was Tubby, when it was Billy. When you won, you were just better. When you lost, they were just better. And clearly of those two coaches, you know, the final era, if you will, of Tubby and then Billy. Obviously Cal was always putting better teams on the floor, but Rick was different about going up against Cal in Kentucky. And yes, both things were a factor. It's because it's his former employer who he probably regretted leaving, and his rival, a guy he hates, became the coach and became super successful there. So both things made it to where Rick was tight in those games. His players will tell you that too. By the way, Rick was always going to demand the absolute most. He was going to coach you hard as can be. But he became a lunatic leading up to those games, and it was because of what that game did to him. He was never comfortable and it rubbed off on his players at times. He's not coaching Kentucky, but there's still that element for both of these guys. For Cal, he would love nothing more than to have everybody making fun of him. I mean, think about this. For Cal, think about and what I'm doing here is I'm talking up a scenario that seemed unlikely that actually did play out when he went into rupt and beat their ass. That game really wasn't close in the second half. And again at the time Arkansas was one and seven in the league, Kentucky was, you know, top ten team. Well now where Cal really? You know, Cal can get complacent, Cal can get arrogant. Clearly he's stubborn. He doesn't make adjustments all that stuff. But he's been he like the last few years at Kentucky, embarrassing losses to Saint Peter's in Oakland. And also, you know what what started to happen for Cali Perry. It started to be not something you should brag about. Bro, you got all these dudes in the NBA, two top five picks, and you lost to Saint Peter's in Oakland. Like it became something you should just not put out there as much because it makes you look bad. Like Cal's Cal really got stale, and and you know not he was no he no longer had that factor. In fact, his arrogance became a joke because people wouldn't like, how could you be argan when you lose to these teams? And how could you be arrogant when you have all these NBA players and you went on a big draft to go to the final four, you only have one title. Well, now here he is at Arkansas, they get in as a ten seed. They were laughed at all year, and now he's got a chance to take out a two seed, a guy who he despises, who is now being viewed with what he's done at Saint John's as the best college basketball coach of the modern era, the best coach since John Wooden. You don't think Cal's gonna be ready to go tomorrow. I mean doesn't mean they're gonna win, but I just I think the way this lines up, it's gonna be a close game. And with that, I think that would mean that that that Arkansas would cover. All right, so far today, here are your results in day two of the of the NCAA tournament. We've got let's see which game. Yeah, the games that have already concluded. Duke had no trouble with Mount Saint Mary's. They won ninety three to forty nine. Colorado State the twelve seed, they win seventy eight to seventy over Memphis. I still believe Memphis was just happs. They just made a goof and swapped Memphis and Louisville. That's what happened. Iowa State, no trouble with Lipscomb. That was a real trendy upset pick or at least a cover. Iowa State covered the fourteen and a half and it was ugly. Eighty two to fifty five was the score. I'd say the biggest talking point up to right now is that Alabama needed that last segment of play to to to get past Robert Morris. Ninety to eighty one was the score. It was a one or two point game with about four minutes left. I never felt like Alabama was gonna lose. But Alabama, to me are the most. They are the best most, they're the best inconsistent team because I wouldn't be shocked if they beat anybody by a lot of points. I also can't say I'd be shocked if they lose in the round of thirty two, just because you just don't know what you're gonna get with them. Also, Baylor outlasted Mississippi State, so Baylor's gonna get Duke in the second round. I talked about it earlier. I'm not ready to predict Baylor to beat Duke, but I think Duke, I'm sorry. Baylor has some personnel, really just overall talent that is going to challenge Duke like they haven't been challenged since they played Auburn. And that says a lot about the ACC But it also says a lot about Baylor being a team that really has no business as a non seed because they have Nord Chadowmere, one of the best bigs in the country. He guy who's played the Final four at Miami Edgecombe is the best freshman that nobody talks about because Baylor wasn't that good, and he's at Baylor. Jeremy Roach the Duke transfer, a guy who can go off and hit five threes in any game. Duke's playing really well right now. Cooper flag returned, So they're still deservingly gonna be favorites in that one. But I'm anxious to see what kind of line we get there other games that are currently ongoing, We've got a tie. How about Saint Mary's Baby? How about Saint Mary's Baby? So Saint Mary's is now tied at forty three apiece. They trailed by as much as twelve. In fact, I think you might have got down to fourteen, but it's it's tied at forty three. Was seven and a half left, and I'm taking at Saint Mary's. I need him to cover because that's what my my parlay is. I've got Carolina ole Miss. I took ole Miss money line. Ole Miss was one and a half point underdogs in this one, and they're up forty four to twenty six at half. Carolina, we know who they were. They just got hot and played a team that you know, probably didn't like San Diego State. I think got benefited out of getting in because in a weird way in the playing games, the Mountain West got the benefit of doubt over some other teams. Like there's like one of the UC teams, like California, something might have been Irvine. It was down to like those two teams as far as the play in, and I mean San Diego State won enough games to where they weren't gonna put in I mean, I guess they could have put in West Virginia, but anyway, San Diego State was not a I mean San Diego State. That game was really an outlier, it seems at this point. And I'm sorry, I'm getting distracted because Vandy's crumbling and I'm loving it. Grand Canyon is up twenty six to twelve against I'm sorry, Grand Canyon's trailing Maryland twenty six to twelve. So the three legs I have here, I need Saint Mary's to win by four and a half and they're now down forty five to forty three. I also need Maryland to win by about what they're winning by now, and then I mean Ole Miss looks like that. That's a one that seems safe at this point, but a lot of ball to be played. The next game is going to up at six point fifty. That's Norfolk State versus Florida versus Florida, and then obviously Kentucky at seven to ten taking on Troy, and then New Mexico Marquette. You got any thoughts on New Mexico Marquette's that's early one of the like intriguing match I mean I say early, it's later, but like that's a game that I haven't really had on my radar. Yeah, but it should be great, and I think you can go either way as far as the spread. I mean, obviously Marquette is the deserving favorite, they have a better seed, but Richard in New Mexico have something that a lot of teams don't have to their advantage in a matchup like this. Richard's dad happens to be maybe the best coach of all time who's played the opponent that Richard's gonna play. He's played him three times. So like, Richard has some expertise here, not only because his dad's great, but his dad has played Marquette and beat him three times.
Speaker 3: Sure that's got to help.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's the line here? I'm looking here, Let's see what I got Marquette is four and a half point favorites. I think that's the perfect line. Makes me not want to touch it, but I probably will, you know, I cannot.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't fool yourself now.
Speaker 2: I mean, how many games do you feel like in the last few days you're like, yeah, that's a no play, But you know what, college basketball is gonna be over soon.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna play at least I'm gonna play my first parlay last yesterday. Did not want to play Louisville at all, but I still included a total And.
Speaker 2: There's something about that action. Baby, It just it's like a hit of something. It is, man, it's well amazing.
Speaker 4: We talked about liking New Mexico earlier on the season, and one of the things that you said is just like, obviously I wasn't too informed on the Big East, or just like not watching as much, but seeing how Creighton just absolutely dominated Louisville and seeing obviously how good Saint John's is. I don't know, I feel like a lot of people faded Marquette in this matchup too, but New Mexico not a lot of people watching them too, unless you're staying up till like eleven o'clock ten eleven o'clock game.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about the Mountain West. The only sign of the Mountain West is not a fraud is that Colorado State beat Memphis. But really, like that shouldn't be a humongous surprise because Memphis, I mean, they probably shouldn't have been a five seed. They have quad three losses and they won the American you know what I mean, So like that's not a huge upset to me. I think, honestly, we've had two five twelves, right, we had yesterday McNeice and Clemson, and then obviously Colorado State over over over Memphis. I just don't think those are that I mean. And it's weird because I do feel like any coverage I heard about the upset specials because the five and twelve is the most common upset that's happened when it comes to seeds, and really, I mean, it's also not surprising that it's that common because it's you know, it's the real big upsets are viewed from twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, and sixteen seeds. The one that happened the most between those by matchup is obviously five to twelve, right, that's the most that's the closest of the two opponents the rest of the way in that in that in that tier. But also it's just happened a lot more than you would you would typically expect. But I don't, you know, I think I didn't Colorado State to me, I didn't. I didn't. I wasn't impressive with him enough to trust him. But clearly I was wrong. I was I was wrong in a major way. All Right, what I want to do, Let's take a break. When we come back on the other side, a couple of things. Let's talk about Louis's roster for next year as far as what could potentially be in play, and also the expansion of the tournament is certainly gonna happen at some point, and I just you know, I'm gonna watch it. I'm gonna love it regardless. But college basketball is unique to where again, it doesn't reach a ton of people comparatively speaking, when you look at you know, the NFL, college football, NBA even at times, but the tournament is a monster. No matter if you follow college hoops year round or not, you love the tournament. I just think you need to worry about Yeah, you may put bigger. You know, you think, more games, more viewership. If a bracket is it ninety six teams like they're talking, I think that makes it. I mean, I think there's a chance that the people who just love it because of the bracket component, it may get too big to where they're like, yeah, I don't you know, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, these are way too many teams for me to even like think about. All right, quick break, keep locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety Now.
Speaker 1: Back to coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: All right, So, as far as guys we know that are coming in next year to play for Pat Kelcey, we know about MIKEL. Brown Junior, a five star freshman, and we also know about Sonny Freu, Big Sonny, who of course is a big man from is it is it?
Speaker 3: Germany?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I'm wrong either way, he's he was not a non name at all. Louisville lands him and then he gets evaluated and he's now a top twenty five overall player in the twenty twenty five class. So a couple of really good freshmen Nata Mint still out there Obviously he'd be a huge addition as a freshman, And it sounds as if Louisville is in good shape and at that point you would have three top twenty five freshman So if you're gonna go after freshman, obviously you'd be you'd be doing you'd be bringing in guys that everybody else wanted, So we know that. And then it's as far as guys that are just expected to be back because of you know, I don't know, I mean, can you really just say that you expect anybody to, like, I'm fine with still operating under the impression that anybody who's on the roster, who's you know, not going to the NBA, that's not a senior, you just assume they're back until they say that they're not. But I also, I mean, are we aren't we on the same page that anybody even at any point is really not a big surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we have to be. Yeah, it's hard to plan for. Yeah, can to continue as the years go by.
Speaker 2: So look look at it this way. I mean, right now, you've got these are guys who I think most would just expect to be back. We're talking about Javon Adley, Corin Johnson, Cason Pryor. Actually I would say nice little yawn as i'm as, I'm as I'm rolling along here makes it really makes me sound good of the audiences, I'm putting you to sleep.
Speaker 3: No, that's me you good, I'm straight. Yeah. The two copies that had coffees that I had earlier not work.
Speaker 2: You got enough coffee right here, baby, It's all you need.
Speaker 3: Right. That's a triple shot.
Speaker 2: So here, here's a look as far as like who people just assume and I assume as well, will be will be here next year. James Scott, can I Rus, Ali Khalifa, Kobe Rodgers, and then we know mckel brown and Sonny Threw. And then the question marks are nata meant if he commits, and then I mean, I guess in a way, James Scott and Canna Russ could easily just decide they want to go elsewhere, and anybody could be honest with you. But Javon Hadley has an extra year because of the Juco situation, where if you played in Juco and any of the if your eligibility is exhausting this year, in one of those years that is used against you to count towards your eligibility exhausting. If one of those years is JUCO, you get next year. So that's Javon casein same thing, Cason also is going to get a medical red shirt, so I believe Cason prior could actually get two years of college basketball. He wants Koran Johnson, He's just simply going to be a I think Koran would be a red shirt junior because he only played in two games, So he's somebody that is going to be korin. Johnson played at Washington for two years. He would have been a junior this year at Louisville, but he only played in two games, so he's going to get the medical too. So technically, you know, Koran could have two more years left starting next year. So again I don't have any reason to just assume they're gone. But let's start with with with Javon. I don't know what nil situation Javon had. Clearly it was a factor to get him here, one of the factors other than you know, opportunity, and you know not to say that money is the only thing that matters, but we all know it does matter, especially with guys that are grinding out their last couple of years trying to build up as much money as they can and you know, do the best for themselves once they start their life away from college basketball. So Javon, I think this year showed that he's worthy of more than probably what he was already making. You know, let's say his deal was entry level. I think Javon Hadley absolutely proved that he's a good enough player that that you you know, dare I say, should like expect him to get some to he he would be inclined to expect some level of a bump in anil and he may come back because you know, why not. But he also could hit the portal and evaluate his options and decide to go elsewhere. So there's so many components. Like Javon's decision could also be based off of who you bringing in, right, Like if you're gonna go out there and get a native mint, I should know this, But I'm pretty sure he's kind of like a I mean he's a I think he's kind of I mean, he's six eleven, but he's he's a four six' nine actions what they listen, him and so he's a four, man just Like. Javon so like if you Get nata. Mint Javon hadley may think to himself, Like, OKAY i, mean, yeah this is like great, player but, like clearly he's the prized, possession he's the number one power forward in the. Class him starting over me seems. LIKELY i may look to, Leave like these are things that you AND i know some people are, thinking why would we start an eighteen year old our twenty four year Old Jevon. Hadley i'm not saying you, would but, one there's a lot to. It there's also a lot we don't, know, Right, LIKE i wouldn't be shocked if some of these freshmen come in with an expectation of minutes in, roll because, again they can go wherever they.
Speaker 4: Want so do you not think That hadley can maybe fit somewhere in as like a small forward or is His oh.
Speaker 2: No he can Should, absolutely he absolutely. Can javon can absolutely be a UH i mean he could Play he could play three and four for, sure and he may actually be more of a natural. Three he had to play the four Because cason got, hurt, Right so you know that's something to keep in. Mind but, again it just comes down to players having all the, power and it's not powers not even the right word to. USE i feel like that's unfair to. Say it's not like they're they're you, know they're they're. Leveraging they just have, options and it makes total sense for these guys to consider their, options especially the older players who everyone knows IS i, mean who everybody knows, like they're not going to be a right like they're like, This they're they're gonna choose what makes the most sense for them as far as their future because after, this like the most Money Javon hadley is going to make in college or as a basketball player was this year and next year he'll play.
Speaker 3: Pro he's not going TO.
Speaker 2: NBA i mean he and, look he may play in a decent league. Abroad he'll probably make more money playing At louisville or wherever he if he decides to go. Elsewhere so it's just that it's so. Much it's such a different. World and here's what's wild THAT i hadn't really thought. About it's a different. World and this is the first time we've ever been in this, position coming off a good season to where we like now expect to be a good. Program right like in the early stages OF, nil the, portal we were, awful you know WHAT i, Mean so guys who are successful here that, like If cason decides to, leave could be the same. Thing he just, Realizes, okay there's gonna be a new flavor of the year with these. FRESHMEN i like LOUIS i can play, here but you, KNOW i could probably get the same money elsewhere Because, casey to be, HONEST i think what he did in his brief amount of time he spent on the, FLOOR i think he kind of proved that he was he was a really nice, piece, Right like he shot the ball terribly from, Three but other than, that he looked like a guy that was that was worthy of going after and. Prioritizing AND i don't think anything this year At louisville would make other schools feel like we shouldn't take the same we shouldn't make the same Decision louisville did and go after this. Guy so it's really just gonna come down to. Money BUT i think where it starts is figuring out what you're gonna do for the returning, players because you, know those guys have. OPTIONS i, mean CAN i RUSE i have no reason to think he won't come. BACK i think he loves playing for this, STAFF i really. DO i think he's a, really really good young. Guy is that embraces the you, know being coached, hard that kind of. Stuff so you, know you, KNOW i don't expect him to. Go but, Again i'm just GONNA i don't want. To it sounds Like i'm telling people to prepare for the, worst AND i. Don't Really that's not What i'm, doing AND i don't even want it to sound that. Way BUT i JUST i think as hard as it is for people to expect or to you, know just, understand anybody transferring should not be considered a real big surprise, anymore regardless of the situation and What i'm saying, now when it comes TO litis, basketball we're going to experience that three, years four years later than a lot of other good. Programs because anybody Leaving louisville at the end of the mac, era and at any point during The Kenny payne era made total. Sense you'd question the sanity of guys that wanted to stay and play For Kenny. Payne, well now you're, thinking who the hell you should be paying to play For Pat, kelsey because look at this. Guy he's. Phenomenal so you, know it's just it's just. Different it's just. Different So i'm worried about. This Saint mary's bandy, Ga.
Speaker 3: No it's you just hit these wild.
Speaker 2: Shots you're good, though because you got money, line, Right, YEAH i just took the money.
Speaker 3: Line, YEAH i uh but you never.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah we'll. SEE i, Mean vandy's down three with the ball under twenty seconds, left we'll see if they. Can they got to step back three missed, it missed it out of. Bounds they're going to go to the. Mall oh what have we got to jump?
Speaker 1: Ball?
Speaker 2: Here what the heck? HAPPENED i GUESS i guess he has the? Ball uh, oh three? Ball here we Go vandy?
Speaker 3: Miss is?
Speaker 2: It? St mary's? Rebound they didn't call? FOUL i? Lost oh?
Speaker 3: Wow you?
Speaker 2: ONE i? Lost?
Speaker 3: Wow you're you're like two seconds aad of?
Speaker 2: Me that.
Speaker 3: Hurts yat's. Brutal, yeah it's a.
Speaker 2: Brutal that last possession where they, well they should have been an intentional foul On. VANDY i don't know why they didn't call. That but another one goes down from THE. Sec now, again this was a seven to, ten so technically seed line it was.
Speaker 4: But you mean the ALMIGHTY. Sec the ALMIGHTY. Sec but they got the most teams ever in the.
Speaker 2: Tournament and you know what's wild about Like Saint mary's is a team that like not a lot of people are fighting for who should be a. Seven BUT i will say this when it comes to, Sorry i'm trying to keep THE tv from going. Off it's doing that. Thing are you still? Watching, Yes i'm still. Watching But Saint mary's really had no business getting a. Seven all they did was benefit from Beating gonzaga in leaked play, twice And gonzaga got the. Eight but Like gonzaga also went out and played a loaded, Schedule Saint mary's. Didn't SO i actually think in a weird, way that's a bigger AND i, mean, again seven to, ten the seven is expected to, win and that's what. Happened BUT i, think again WHAT i said, earlier the SEC's performance up to this point it if it's gonna impact your your feel as A kentucky, fan and it may not impact your feeling about. Anything, right you may just, say you, KNOW i don't care about the rest of the. LEAGUE i Trust Mark, pope, whatever YadA, YadA you, know do what you do what you. Do but if there is gonna be anything that you choose to take from so far what we have as far as results in this, TOURNAMENT i, mean it has to be that THE. Sec you, know going ten and eight in getting a three may not mean that you're really one of the top twelve teams in the, country you know WHAT i. Mean it just may be the fact that your resume was you, know he warranted that because of how good your league. Was but there were always big GAPS i feel like in the top of THE sec and the middle of THE sec and even the bottom that got in and the bottom that got in so far, yikes the MID i Mean missouri was WAS i Mean missouri finished at At. Kentucky they lost To. Drake arkansas winning is a different IS i guess an added, Bonus BUT i Think arkansas is also you have to look at them a little differently, too just because of you, Know Arkansas's Cali. Perry the way his teams are now. Built they're gonna be a real you, know oddity in college basketball because he's still going to prioritize using all the money he gets on top. Freshmen so and, AGAIN i Think kentucky was in the top tier of their league With, Tennessee auburn And florida In, alabama but they don't Have Jackson robinson. Anymore they got a one Armed Lamont, butler and they were never winning those games based off of just like pure. TALENT i think that's WHY i actually Think Mark pope's first season is actually more impressive than a lot of others would would view, it BECAUSE i don't Think kentucky is built with dudes that are just, like what are you gonna? Do you gotta play this? Guy? Now do you have a matchup problem with The Mary Williams AND i think that could be like if they make a, run like if they're in the sweet, sixteen maybe the elite eate's a better way to put, It BUT i don't. Know even in the sweet, SIXTEEN i think you could say that if they're, THERE i would imagine it's A Mary williams that was a big factor Like. Illinois If kentucky And illinois based in the second round In kentucky gets past, THEM i guess there's a lot of scenarios that could. Play you never know what's gonna, happen BUT i have a feeling that it'll Because illinois just doesn't have somebody to Counter Amari, williams who is a tough guy to stop from scoring in the, post a great, passer and that can give a lot of teams. Problems in, FACT i think early on this Year kentucky didn't realize what they had In Amari williams when they had to lean on him more because of the. Injuries that's when you, Realize, okay this GUY'S i mean at a triple double an sec Play all, right final, Break i'm gonna cry or punch something Because Saint Mary's gails.
Speaker 1: Bums now back To coffee And, company fueled By thornton's On Sports talk seven nine.
Speaker 2: Day it's, right we are wrapping up the show, today wrapping up the week Here coffee And, company Fielbu thornton's On Sports talk seven. Ninety before we do, that, though and get back into some vinyl thoughts on the rest of these tournament games today as well as some matchups, tomorrow let's talk about the Louisvill Men's clinn G Loible Men's. Clinic they've changed my. Life they can change yours. Too you, know for, me it was not realizing really what testosterone DOES i didn't even really know WHEN i heard LOW t what it, meant and it means low, testosterone AND i never assumed that would be somebody like, me because you, Know i'm Not i'm not, old But i'm also not really. Young i'm in that middle. Tier AND i heard about all the signs or symptoms that can mean you have low. Testosterone THEN i learned that you can be someone in your thirties and it, could it, could it could happen to, you AND i, thought, okay you, know maybe it's worth at least making a call and going to see our clients over there at The Little Men's. CLINIC i got a chance to meet Doctor wood and explain to him sort of you know WHY i thought MAYBE i could have low, testosterone and he educated me on the whole, thing and it made me even more confident that that's what could. Be they checked my levels and my levels were nowhere near where they should be for somebody my. Age so when you get your blood work done with your, physic your your you, know your normal, physician you know there's not gonna be anything on your testosterone that is going to be alarming to where like you're in poor health it's not something that like can can seriously harm you as far as like your overall, WELL i don't, KNOW i shouldn't be talking medical. TERMS i just know that there's so many things that could be impacting you based off of low, testosterone even like your mental. Health so ONCE i understood, that and there's ranges as far as like what your levels should be for somebody in your age, range mind levels weren't where they need to. Be and now THAT i have been doing testosterone treatment for the last, year but the low Of men's, clinic IT'S i, mean it's. One it's awesome to kind of feel, better get better results from the, gym lose belly, fat lose man boobs without even really having to do a whole. Lot and Really i'm doing nothing different as far as just my overall my. Routine you, KNOW i don't, Eat i'm not on some strict. DIET i do monitor WHAT i eat to an, extent AND i work out to stay healthy AS i can. Be and with, that just adding the testosteron having those levels where they need to, be it's it's changed me in a major. Way SO i there's many of you listening that probably just, think, oh he's just saying that it's it's what he's supposed to. SAY i bet What i'm describing, though you relate to Right, like you get a little little bit, older you're in your, thirties and your your. Lethargic at, times you just want you're exhausted after a day's. Work you're not getting the results that you get in the. GYM i, mean there's a not any look some of the some of the some of the symptoms may not may not, relate right, like there's certain things THAT i DIDN'T i didn't deal with. That also others that do have a low testosterone deal. With so now everybody's the. SAME i can just tell you they help, me AND i know they can help. You So Littleman's clinic Dot COM's the. Website fabo to four four four four thousand is the, number.
Speaker 3: All, Right SO.
Speaker 2: I don't want, to you, know walk back a. Pick i've been confident in all. Week but the CLOSER i get to, it and the MORE i look at just body of work between these two, Teams arizona And, AKRON i, mean what are we thinking Because akron is fourteen and a half point. Dogs i've really Liked akron a. Year But, arizona it's hard for me to look at them and say they won't win this game by, fifteen, Right.
Speaker 4: That's What i'm thinking. Too they what up and down here that they've, Had, dude from from where they started to where they were at the middle of the season then to how they finished. Out it's two completely different. Teams but this is a very it's very experienced. TEAM i feel like it's also this is also one of those those hot picks For akron to. WIN i guess if something, happened this will be the First, cinderella, right.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah oh, Absolutely Like Caleb love played in a national championship, game, RIGHT i mean He's and even At arizona last year they made it to at least the second. Weekend, yeah they lost it to That clemson. Team so that KID kJ lewis where's he didn't commit?
Speaker 3: There he's not a? Freshman is? He who lewis For?
Speaker 2: Arizona? Yeah, uh let me, See i'm not familiar only, Guy because, Again arizona is one of those teams that is they're now in The big, twelve not the not The pac. Twelve but, LIKE i, DON'T i NEVER i, never never even watched. THEM i just know they have Caleble love And Tommy lloyd's their, coach and they early on this year were really underwhelming as far as just you, know their. Performances but then the, teams they're a team that early on they lost to teams that nobody knew was that. Good, like they lost To, wisconsin that's not a bad. Loss, now they lost To oklahoma When oklahoma was playing really. Well they lost To, duke who you, know we know is, great lost To West virginia in double, overtime that's not a bad, loss lost TO ucla by. Three but then once they got Into Big, twelve that's when they really kind of got it. Rolling so The arizona outside of conference, play there's really nothing that would tell you to be that impressed with, them, Right but once you got into conference, play they were a really Good big twelve. TEAM i mean they HAVE i don't, KNOW i just to, Me arizona is a Tough it all comes down to how you viewed The Big twelve, here because again in non conference their losses weren't too bad, teams but they didn't they also didn't.
Speaker 4: Win Carter bryant is WHO i was thinking of almost got. In, yeah, yeah that's. Right he's, yeah he's a, freshman, right the freshman that was looking at.
Speaker 2: Sharpshooter so you, know their wins In big twelve, play even the ones that were, good Like Iowa State Iowa state one today and they look good doing, it but they also finished the season, terribly so that win didn't have the same value at the, END i, mean rounding out their, year they Beat, Baylor, utah And Arizona, state and they lost To Kansas, State HOUSTON, Byu Iowa, state And. Kansas but in The Big twelve tournament they Beat kansas who's now been, eliminated and they Beat Texas. Tech that's a great win for, them and they Played houston, competitively which ALSO i think is A i Mean HOUSTON i think is loaded Like houston should. BE i, Mean houston's a one seed in the, tournament, right, yes, okay because there were two seed in The big twelve. Tournament Unless i'm Unless i'm looking at something. Incorrectly let me see, Here houston's a one, right AM i? Crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah It's Houston, auburn and then who would have been the one seed in The big?
Speaker 2: Twelve, oh it might have Been. Texas, no they're on The big. Twelve, no that was finishing. Up oh, yeah, yeah oh, YES i got. You SO i think in The big, TWELVE i guess it would have Been Texas, tech who had a great, year by the, way and they Beat Texas tech in the, tournament Meaning arizona did in The big twelve. Tournament SO i don't, Know i'm kind OF i really don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Here and are you Going?
Speaker 4: Arizona, yes just BECAUSE i feel, LIKE i, Mean i've just heard a lot of the talk THAT i Think akron's not the sexy, pick but a lot of people, well.
Speaker 2: And akron also has won a lot of, games but they did not play great in the end of the. Year they needed an overtime winning their conference tournament to even get By so that that also kind of tells me, that you, know you may see them lose this game by, nineteen you know WHAT i, Mean that's What i'm.
Speaker 4: DOING i Think i'm gonna go with The. Cats cats are my, second the real Wild. Cats they're probably WHEN i Like louis Lude Olsen's. Wildcats baby, yeah they're Loude, Olsen Miles, Simon Mike, baby my, guy.
Speaker 2: Love Miles Simon, man what a. Team all, right we're out of tom have a good. Weekend everybody enjoyed the rest of the. Tournament first. Weekend we'll be back On monday and we'll have only sixteen teams left