Speaker 1: Thank you for choosing to download the Ham Radio two point zero audio podcast rip. This is the audio taken out of a video or a livestream I did recently. You can catch all my videos on YouTube Ham Radio two point zero and catch us live every Sunday night at seven pm Central Standard Time for a different topic each week. Thank you for the support, and thank you for being a member of the community.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's got me vertical here, even though I said it for horizontal.
Speaker 3: It's kind of weird on the app, the way the app works. So let's good morning guys, you know each other center. No great video quality, but it's vertical.
Speaker 4: Right out outside of okay, I brought from uh okay, yeah, fifty two people watching good morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: YouTube made a change. They didn't update to the app. I guess, and it is. When you set up the live stream, you choose vertical or horizontal.
Speaker 3: I chose horizontal.
Speaker 2: There's frank, and for whatever reason, it didn't it didn't accept that. When I went live at horizontal, it said your phone is locked.
Speaker 3: Rotated, So I rotated it vertical. So I guess we're gonna do a.
Speaker 2: Vertical live stream today, which is a stupid way to live stream on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Why that's even an option is dumb. But here we are. So this is Hamcom's eye on the first year.
Speaker 2: And they had these concession stands open yesterday. I assume they probably will be again today.
Speaker 3: So there's a guy that brought a repeater here. This is tight end to All Star.
Speaker 2: I had that tight end to my system yesterday, but it's not tight end at the moment. I might try to hit it later. And I've been hanging here at the Buddy Pole booth for the most of the day yesterday. Got the heck's beam set up here. What's up, Shane, My wife's in the chat.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: I saw Josh earlier. Yeah, so the crowd's a little light. They have a present they have in our dween open presentation going on right.
Speaker 3: Now in one of the rooms up front.
Speaker 2: When you first walk in the building over here, there's rooms over there to the to the right, there's two presentation rooms and the one at for the Arduino presentation is standing room only. It's chalk full of people right now. But I mean, this is not a huge show. I think they sold they said they told me yesterday they had five hundred and fifty ticket sales total. They had about seventy sixty seventy something people walk up and buy tickets at the show, and then everything other than that was pre sold.
Speaker 3: What's up, Mike n e yo.
Speaker 2: And so it's a small first year, a little bit smaller than what we are used to, but hopefully it has great growth potential from here. So I want to walk you guys around and show you everything. Wired Communications is here. They come to a couple of our shows in Texas. You guys have seen them at Hamplication him Vention.
Speaker 3: Ireland.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning John. It's probably afternoon there for you. I assume him here online is here with all of this potus stuff. Frank is Frank is sitting down already. The show has been going for an hour and Frank's already sitting.
Speaker 3: Long weekend. It actually has been a lot. It actually has been a long weekend. So all right, oh, forty five autos given you a what's up? Dude? Okay, so this is off grid gear to go.
Speaker 2: And I think he's a local guy because I'm not seeing this stuff before the store before, but kind of neat, come on, phone Gimble doesn't like it because it's it's got my microphone on it.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Nope, let's go this way. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, fix that, Shane. Looking forward to meeting up with you. I guess what when's your Thursday? I don't remember when you're coming in. I know we're meeting you over, I know roughly where we're meeting you, but Thursday, okay, cool, see you then. It should be a good show, be fun time, fun trip. Some gold zero stuff here, mountain house, freeze red food.
Speaker 3: That stuff's good. I like that stuff. Stuff there. Okay.
Speaker 2: An amateur radio club doesn't look like they're here yet this morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning. How are you a couple of club tables here? Open Research Institute?
Speaker 2: Say, want of guys, Ogden Amateur Radio Club. That's the closest club to this area, You guys are the closest one to this is This is the Ogden area, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is that a Is that a county or a city?
Speaker 2: Just it's a it's an it's an area. Okay, okay, nice, okay, good glad y'all are here. Thanks, oh good, thank you, thanks a lot. This is the swap area here. We got a few more items in here yesterday today than they did yesterday.
Speaker 3: No clubs in Cedar City, Utah.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure there's not a club being represented for Cedar City that I saw. I'm not sure we're all the time we're in. We're in St. George right now. I'm not sure we're all the towns around here. I don't know the area very well. Never been to Saint George before yesterday. I've been to Salt Lake area, but I've never been to Saint this part.
Speaker 3: Of Utah before. Uh.
Speaker 2: We actually got here Thursday evening, so I'm still kind of learning the area myself.
Speaker 3: On network. Cedar City is a bit north of St. George. There we go. Lots of balloon flying in Saint George. Oh no, nice, well.
Speaker 2: Good, Maybe that's how you should forget the truck change just fly your blue out here.
Speaker 3: Dixie Amateur Radio Club. St. George.
Speaker 2: It's the y L R L table. What is that big tent? I don't know. I don't know what they're doing in there.
Speaker 3: It's a good question. Let's go look. Hey, how are you.
Speaker 2: Uh, probably a presentation room. I want this at the deer least. Oh yeah, you see these things up here? Those are air vents, so you put an air conditioner right there at the bottom tied into that vent and then it pipes it through the room like that, or I guess a heater.
Speaker 3: Heater would work too. That's pretty slick.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's inflatable, No, I think it's uh. I think it's got some sort of you know what those are inflatable sides. This is not inflated, but this is this part right here is inflated. So yeah, that is slick. I would yeah, how about that at the Hunting Lease do field day in that Shane.
Speaker 3: It's that thing's huge too, that's tall with the ACAH. I've already got the Portobil air conditioner, so.
Speaker 2: Let's try it. I'd love to get something like that. All right, let's walk through the rest of the tables here, come down the other side of the road. Here again a minute. AREV Radio Network. Those guys are here. They've got a rally going on close by. Calvin there. Hey, so we went to their rally at Fredericksburg last fall.
Speaker 3: That was fun. I'm a member of their club. What's up? How are you so?
Speaker 2: Gigabarts is here kind of like as a placeholder because there will eventually be another Gigapart store in Vegas.
Speaker 3: That's the plan. So cool. Thanks glad you're here. Man.
Speaker 2: So they wanted to make an appearance because they don't want people to think that they've left the area, even though the store right now is not open. So signal stuff made it out here. They're not too far away. Their home base is not too far away from here.
Speaker 3: Richard had to leave for minutes. Oh did he he?
Speaker 2: He was over there talking to Chris at Buddy Poole a second ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you guys actually in Utah? Yeah, we're from county area, utech County, the Provo Okay, okay, I vaguely know where that is. Okay, cool. Thanks.
Speaker 2: So Ham Study is represented obviously, exam tools, all of the signal stick antennas, and we'll go down the other side here.
Speaker 3: This is the d X store dot com.
Speaker 2: Kind of stuff there, and Impulse Electronics is here. That's the first time I met these guys in person. Marvin right there in the blue shirt. He makes these battery boxes. I bought one of these and did a review on it last year sometime.
Speaker 3: I think it was got.
Speaker 2: My bio bioin oh twenty empower in my battery box at home, and he's got all these other options here. Hey, Joe Brutt biolental reseller. Obviously this is pretty slick right here. A hundred ampower, a hundred hour empower mini battery.
Speaker 3: Running that. What's up, Freddie Mac? What's up? Ed? Watched your video? Did you? Oh? Good?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I've got the uh I've got that small one right there. I think the second to largest one is the one I've got, so yeah, good good, I still use mine, all right, Utah VHF Society. These are the guys are responsible for repeater coordination morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, uh, let's see. So the INNERTI system, I'm just gonna look at the picture.
Speaker 2: Here is.
Speaker 3: What's it called.
Speaker 2: Again, the mountain innertie Inner mountain innertie okay. Map here shows the ones all in Utah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then we have another map here that shows the.
Speaker 3: Ones up in Idaho.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, Idaho's here okay, okay. And then we've got all the ones that are now knew that we had the last year.
Speaker 3: Down into Phoenix, all the way down to Phoenix, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Just talks all the way from Phoenix now all the way up to West Yellowstone and all the way over to Boise. Okay, well, we're going to Yellowstone next weekend, so I'm gonna try to use it goes all the way up through the Salt Lake and Salt Lake City area.
Speaker 3: Look up the.
Speaker 2: Repeater up there by the west Yellowstone called Saltel Peak.
Speaker 3: Okay, check in on that frequency. Talk all over, talk all over the system. Okay, awesome, that's great. I'm gonna look.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I keyed up the Saint George repeater yesterday. So I heard some people talking during well when we were driving to dinner last night.
Speaker 3: So thank you Internet connected remote receiver, free to use cover. Yeah, Shane, So look that up.
Speaker 2: And figure out what when you guys get close, figure out what repeaters.
Speaker 3: Closest to you.
Speaker 2: And uh, I'll be monitoring the Saint George repeater tonight and tomorrow and we're gonna leave out of here head Zion do activate Zion Natural Park tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh, Gordo's here, Gordo. How are you so far?
Speaker 2: So good?
Speaker 3: So far? So good? All right, man, good good to see you.
Speaker 1: Man, Good to see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looking forward to they. Uh did the banquet tonight? Right? Thanks man, he's a character. All right, so I com made it here. They've got their whole display right here, whole display right here.
Speaker 2: So that's their set up, the same setup they have it hand bitch and a handication and all that. Yeah, and John from Yazy is here, but yes is not here.
Speaker 3: And then the guys from two Power there.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Bill? Audio back? Quiet? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, I bet, I know, hold on, I think the mic got gone. Hold one, okay, okay, see if that's any better.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, since this gimbal, or since the stupid YouTube app wanted me to go into vertical mode, the microphone's on the bottom of the phone and it keeps bumping against the gimbal.
Speaker 3: Vertical mode for live streaming is stupid.
Speaker 2: So but for those of you who weren't here in the beginning, I set up the livest for horizontal, and when I went live, it said, nope.
Speaker 3: You have to go vertical.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, so I could turn it, but then you'd be watching me sideways right now.
Speaker 3: In fact, you know what, here's what it would look like. So right now, it's saying on my screen, orientation is locked. Rotate device back.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what you guys are seeing right now if it even keeps on streaming.
Speaker 4: All other.
Speaker 3: So that's it right there. Okay, that's pretty much everything. Not much. I just rotated the monitor. It was sideways.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. So YouTube did an update on their app. Used to be you could go into the settings and say go live vertical or go live horizontal. It defaulted to vertical, which I always thought was stupid because vertical live streams are dumb. So I would always change it, and I change this one man. For whatever reason, it didn't take. So I'll show you guys the four and a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I heard. I saw a comment a minute ago said where's all the people? There's a there's a three hour our Dueno talk going on right now, and I'm told that room is full.
Speaker 2: So we'll go look at that. Find out who makes that inflatable tent. Oh yeah, okay, Shane. I'll tell you what, Shane, I will find out who makes it, send you link and you can purchase that and bring it to the dear least next time you come out.
Speaker 3: How's that? Okay, we'll be real quiet.
Speaker 2: It's just one room here, and there's another form room that's going on in here, Hope. Oh yeah, it's because someone else makes up the business, like do you takes twenty d b W you need to work around and we will. They have tamniga. Finally, you two, you better have bigs of that there. Our people would do it that Washington. Okay, yup. A lot of people in that one there. I think I think that's the Arduino one.
Speaker 3: I think you grew out and doing if you in here.
Speaker 4: The.
Speaker 2: Disatination where your kids or you guys who grow out and make your own friends. So those are the form rooms. Three of those going on right now. You see that a lot of people are in there, and those larded well yeah, I think they started like twenty minutes ago, about the time I started the live stream.
Speaker 3: So that's where that is.
Speaker 2: Okay, Liberty K, good morning, Bill, I saw you in there. No, Bill, No, you don't have to be a paid member to use this system. It's opened to anybody. They do have memberships. Well, I mean it's a club. It's a club. It's the Entertise system is a club and they ask you to join, but no, they say it's opened to anybody.
Speaker 3: I was using it yesterday, h W eight CPT. This is the ham con Zion ham Fest in Saint.
Speaker 2: George, Utah. It was all day yesterday and today. Put your nose close to the camera. No, that's all right, It's okay like that.
Speaker 3: So this is it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think it's a good start. It's it's not big, but it's got potential. They could totally fill up that room with the vendors next year. I've seen some hemphas that started out the first year and then by the second or third year they've they have more than doubled or tripled in size, and I hope that this one goes that way as well. So we're gonna keep in contact with these guys throughout the year and see what see what kind of sorry, see what kind of priv for next year? For twenty five and go from there. So reading the chat here, JT says, I traveled from North Utah to Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Use the entertie. It was a rate repeater system. Okay, good.
Speaker 2: Do you ever get on the Texas DMR talk group? Which one the brandmeister one? No, the original one? Yes, let's see, I'm gonna connect. Yeah, so you guys on all Star connect to my system. I'm gonna connect this repeater to my system, I think, or if not, this is KK seven G k G and I think the node number, look up the node number. Yeah, they've got apiross going over there. The internet drop for a second, or yeah it's loud. Yeah he's got it loud going over there.
Speaker 3: Silence sis uh.
Speaker 2: Six zero zero seven ninety seven nine zero I think is the node number. Yeah, I was hoping those companies for this, for this repeater. Yeah, he's got it connected to some system right now. But anyway, I'll be on there. I'll be on my own all star thing. So thanks for watching, guys. That was pretty much everything, and go buy some Buddy Poll stuff because Chris.
Speaker 3: Would appreciate it. Oh there he is, what's up? I already walked around your table. Uh yeah, I know, I know. I was like, yeah, he rolled his chair over to Chris. Chris is table right now.
Speaker 2: So all right, guys seventy three and uh put put myself Frank, Kyle, Oh, Shane, if I have QBF, Shane, put us in your ham alert.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be PODA ing this week tomorrow. Starting tomorrow, we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Be doing PODA almost every day for the next week, so put us in similar sames.
Speaker 3: Thanks for watching,