Speaker 1: It's nice time with Dan Ray. I'm dully easy Boston video.
Speaker 2: Thank you Al Griffin. As we get to the Memorial Day weekend, you know, it's when you think about it, we have finally we have gone through January. Well, we've gone through the winter which started sometime in November. Weather is always well, it turns in October and then November can be a kind of a tough month, and of course Christmas gets us through December. January, we got the Super Bowl, and then you get to February and deep in winter March you feel maybe the clocks get turned back, and then it's April, and then by May you think to yourself, okay, we're out of it. Well as you can tell, maybe this is the last gasp of the bad weather. But it was cold the last couple of days here in New England, and of course in other parts of the country they've had even worse problems, horrific tornadoes and damage, and to our thoughts and our hearts go out to all those who have been impacted much worse than we are. But here it is Memorial Day weekend, it is the eve of well, we're into mondure Open, I mean Memorial Day weekend started theoretically at five o'clock today. For many of you, it might start at new time. So as you head wherever you're headed down the Cape, up north, going up to Maine in New Hampshire, Vermont, or out to the Berkshires or whatever, we will keep you company. I suspect that many of you was still on the road tonight. I'm sure that the traffic was tough, compounded by the rain. But we have one more hour left in the twentieth hour of the week, and I hope to finish strong. We've had a really, really good week, one of our best weeks I think in some time here. When we started Monday night, we were talking with Jonathan Gulliver of Mass Transportation Massachusetts Department of Transportation about the big problems that we're going to begin to see at the Newton Western Project Outbeat at one twenty eight and the mass Turnpike. So be advised the beginning on March thirtieth, which is next Friday, a week from tonight, it's going to be a nightmare that next weekend, so stay away. Plan accordingly, we talked about on Monday with a doctor Jay ram Es Raja about Joe Biden's prostate diagnosis. Sad that the president, former president, has to deal with that this early in his post career. You would think that he would have a few months at least, maybe even a few years to enjoy with his family. Dave Wattles talked with us about expanding the bear hunting season in Massachusetts and then we talked about the arduous task of renovating a parent's home. Talk with State Representative Richard Wells on Monday night about the Halo Act, and that is an act that I support which would provide a periphery perimeter around first responders so that people would not interfere with them. I talked on Monday night for a couple of hours about the political wins were blowing in favor of Donald Trump, and yes they were. He was coming back from a very successful trip in Asia, and here we are about one hundred hours later, and things maybe going in the other direction, in large proper because of his own making. Talk with Christopher Knight, formerly of the Brady Bunch, about a Journey Forward event that was held this week. Talked with Will Gilson about what it means to win a Michelin Star. Talk with Dan macgoon about Massachusetts fallen heroes and talked about colo rectal cancer and young people. Talk with Brian short Sleeve on Tuesday night, he's Republican candidate for governor. Former temporary head of the Interim Director of the Massachusetts baytrin the MBTA, mass Patrich in Pectation Authority. Talk with Attorney Greg Sullivan of the New England First Amendment Coalition who were posed to the Halo project. We continued for another hour with that, getting reaction from callers. Wednesday night, Talk with Major Kevin Palino of the Salvation Army out in the western suburbs of Milford about their fly the FAG Flight program. Talk with Becca fresshessa Fracasa. I should say have Comcast giving away money to one hundred small businesses. Be aware of that. Talk with doctor Shavani Kumar about Tamby, which treats aortic aneurysms. Talk with Brian Thompson about the weekend weather which his predictions were just spot on. We had. We've had a lot of rain up here. Talk with Massachusetts Order to Die into Zauglia about her report on the emergency Celtic crisis and the problems that the healthy administration failed to recognize early on, talk with Nicole Roberts of Brookline about coyotes in Brookline, and we spent the balance of the night on Wednesday talking about coyotes in our neighborhoods. And then last night I talked with Michelle McLain about a book called Abilities. Talk with Jackie Gindrich Cushman, the daughter of Newt Gingrich, about the possibility of a John Adams memorial in Washington. Talked with Bob Lawler Boston Harber Cruises, Talked with Rob Collings of the American Heritage Institute, Mike Kanneely, another Republican candidate for governor. The Republicans are going to have a pretty good primary, and I think they're going to have a candidate to challenge the incumbent, assuming that Amour Healey is the incumbent Democrat. Talked last night with Israeli Consul General Benny Shrony about the murder of the two Israelis down in d C members of the Israeli staff, young man and a young woman. Just horrific, and spent an hour reacting to that. And tonight talk with Bruce Persily personally, the head of the EMK Institute, talk with Chris Carroser about Hamburger Dreams, a new book that traces the beginnings of Hamburger's talk with Justin Green about Minis with the Mission, and talk with Marcus Dowing about the Grendel opry in Nashville, Tennessee. Talk with Frank Baker and at large Boston City Council candidate. And then last hour, I talked about Donald Trump's ongoing battle with Harvard, which I think is a waste of his political capital. But that's his decision, not mine. So now it is the twentieth hour of the week, I go over that at the beginning of twenty two hours. Just to tell you the amount of information if you do listen to Nightside every night, if you listen to it, those are the topics you would hear here on Nightside. I'm very proud of this program. It is also a program that I swear to you. I give you my word. I will always tell you what I think think, whether you agree with me or not. I will always be authentic, And if I have any success in my career, it is authenticity. I sometimes am with the majority opinion, sometimes I'm with the minority opinion, but I will tell you what my opinion is. So now twentieth hour, I would love to give you an opportunity to acknowledge someone in your family who served the country. This is Memorial Day weekend. I had a dad who served in the military two and a half years China Burman, India during World War Two. Not a nice place to be at that time. Learned a lot about World War Two from him at this they said at the kitchen table. So if you have someone you'd like to acknowledge this Memorial Day weekend. Again, Memorial Day is to commemorate and remember those who served and who gave everything. So if at the same time, I think it's also not inappropriate to acknowledge people who have served and came home and built lives and built families. So that's one option. The other option, which Marita mentioned today was Marita kind of did this on her own during the Nightside pregame today at four thirty on Facebook Nightside with Dan Ray on Facebook, which we do every week night at four thirty, and of course they do a postgame at midnight. Your first concert, the first concert that you went to that you sort of paid tickets for that you went a big concert. I'm not talking about like a little local concert. You know, we all went to some of those and they participated in them. Grammar school, you were at an elementary school concert. Now, the first time you went to a concert somewhere Great Woods, on your college campus, maybe your high school campus. Maybe Boston Garden, Boston Arena, the first concert. And then also I want to give I would be interested to see which of these three topics gets more play. Your biggest regret, you don't, don't make it personal, but your biggest regret maybe a job you didn't take. Maybe a city you chose not to to move to. Uh, maybe a college you didn't apply to. I don't know. Maybe a friend who you ended a relationship with too soon. So those are the three options. Acknowledge of acknowledge of veteran. The first concert you ever went to? Was it a Beach Boys concert? My first concert that I can remember as a real, legitimate, live concert, big time concert. You're gonna laugh at me, but that's okay. Glenn Campbell at Boston Garden. I've always loved country music. I think he's kind of in that genre. Didn't realize time Wichita Linemen and all of that sort of stuff. It was a good entertainer. That was my first concert. So I put my first concert out there. Do I have the biggest regret? I don't have regrets. I really don't. I've been very lucky in my life. I've lost friends and if I had a concert, if I had a regret with some friends, it would be I didn't make that final phone call. That's I can think of people who have passed on and I wish I had had one final breakfast or one final lunch with them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then, as I mentioned, my dad was in World War two two and a half years in China, Bourman, India. Not a good place to be, no doubt about that. A lot of malaria and a lot of Japanese soldiers, and those are that's my that's my contribution. I want yours six one, seven, two five four ten thirty. Normally we just give you one option. Tonight you're getting three first concert, remember event your biggest regret? Six seven four ten thirty or six month seven nine three one ten thirty. You know what happens on Friday night. We're slow to start and then you can't get into the end. Get it going early back on Nightside after.
Speaker 1: This, It's night Side with Dan Ray on Way Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, by the way, if you want to give me quick three, you can do that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: If you want to focus on just one, you can do that. A lot of flexibility here tonight. I was just saying to Rob the phone call intensity this week has been the best that it's been here in a while. So as you spend some time this weekend with your friends, whether you're at barbecues or parties, do me a favor and tell them about Nightside. So many people will come up to me and say, hey, Dan, what are you doing these days? And I'll say, well, for the last eighteen years, I'm doing a talk show. Really where So there are people out there who remember me from television but are unaware that I'm on the radio five nights a week from eight to midnight on WBS. Baffles me. Why, But that's okay. Back to the calls we go. Let's start with Lincoln in Ashburnham. Hello, Lincoln, how are you tonight?
Speaker 5: I'm doing well, Dan, yourself excellent.
Speaker 2: Love to hear people from different communities. I kind of remember having you as a caller, but welcome.
Speaker 5: So I'm calling to about a veteran.
Speaker 2: Sure, my father.
Speaker 5: My father is a veteran and he has passed away from World War Two. But in our town here in Ashburnham, we have a Memorial Day parade and our grand Marshall is a former staff sergeant Willard Pichtel. He's one hundred and two years old and he's going to be our grand Marshal on Monday morning. He's a great gentleman, a great citizen.
Speaker 6: From our town.
Speaker 5: He's lived in town and in the nineteen Wow.
Speaker 2: That that that is a great tribute. Last his first name is Willis and his last name is again give it to us slowly.
Speaker 5: His first name is Willard. They call him Billy Will's Is. His last name is Pictyl.
Speaker 4: He's n and two.
Speaker 5: He played golf all the time. He's Sharper's attack. He lived in our community, raised five children here. He's a grandfather, great grandfather and uh, he's just an all around gentleman.
Speaker 7: You have.
Speaker 2: You have a great school out there by the way, correct me if I'm wrong, Cushing Academy.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 5: And Master Pact mister lives just around the corner from Pushing and I used to own a house right across the street. I'm out, but it's not about me. I'm a re diire deputy chief of my expirement in that town. But mister Picchtel, his one of his sons was in school with me, and like I said, his parents and my I mean my parents and it uh Bill and his wife teen who passed away a few years back. We're all great friends in a small town about six thousand people. But you know, like I said, I just wanted a high.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank you. This is this your first time calling my show.
Speaker 5: It is the first time I do listen.
Speaker 2: Uh, we gotta give you a round of the clause from our digital studio audience.
Speaker 5: Here is like, uh, thank you, thank you. Like say uh, he is our community more than happy to honor him on Memorial Day. He's always kind of turned this down because he's very humble, but like I said, uh, he's one hundred ye sharp asttack, great gentleman, has some fine sons and a daughter that live in town. Still he's been very active im community, church and everything.
Speaker 2: Well, do us a favor, if you'd be so kind, you know, please extend our appreciation to him. Let him know that he was acknowledged on Night Side and if his family wants to listen to it, this will be posted. This is a lovely tribute that you gave him, uh and it will be posted at our web page, which is a podcast page, which is Nightside and Demand dot com.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I'll give you one last comment. When I see mister Victal and we talked, he'll be always cheery, and I will say to each l I say, well, mister Victo, I said, we're still We're still both walking on the side of the ground, and we're still getting American money at the bank.
Speaker 2: Let's hope that never changes. Thank you very much, Lincoln. Great call, and hope come on back, look forward to your next call. Good night, Thank you, Happy Memorial Day. Let's go to Vincent in Brockton. Vincent, You're next one night, so I go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Then, how are we doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Thanks very much for calling in again. We have three topics that people can pick and choose from a little bit of cafeteria opportunity tonight. Which of which of the three you could talk about all three if you'd like a right ahead?
Speaker 3: Oh fast met construct?
Speaker 2: Which one.
Speaker 3: The concert?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Jay Z two thousand and three, right after my gradation from Yomas jay Z.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. Where was that? Was that in Boston or elsewhere?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: He lowe at the hockey.
Speaker 2: Are Oh the song the song is Arena.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah you got it?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wow, that's a good one. That that's a good one. What else did you want to chat about? You have a regret you'd like to share with us or and you don't have to? Or would you like to salute a veteran?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: My regret one my cousin for a woman I used to live with pastaway in two thousand and seven. He called me and then that was that's one called I was my way to red Sos game. But I was that well, I was not. I was unable to help him out whatever you wanted. Yeah, I called it. His two brothers that was nearby to go or check on him, but he didn't make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what, that's the timing there was pretty bad. You should not feel a regret there because the timing there kind of worked against you. It's tough to in a situation like that when you're heading into Boston and someone calls I think you did it. I think you handled it as well as you could have. You called before your first time caller, Vincent.
Speaker 3: I've called it before. I went to you mas Dot Monk. Jimmy Tingle was a new show one night and I called, you know, Jimmy Tingle went to.
Speaker 2: Do all right? Well, Vincent, I appreciate you taking the time to call. I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend. You're doing anything.
Speaker 3: Special, Spend time with family and friends. You know, are drill in the backyard. That's about it.
Speaker 2: That's that's the best, the best Memorial Day you can have. Enjoy yourself and say how to your family for us. Okay, thanks Vincent, to you soon tonight I are going to get one more in here before the break. We're going to go to Judy in Boston. Hi, Judy, welcome to Night Side. How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm great?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just fine? Thanks so much for calling in. What would you like to talk about? You can salute a vet, talk about a regret, or go ahead and tell us what was your first concert you went to?
Speaker 9: None of that. I'd like to say the greatest Americans with vets and my father White E. O'Hara, who just passed away seven months ago, was in Korea in World War Two, and we were raised by him and all his friends and their families, and we hung around does for our whole life. And they made the childhood and amazing. And it didn't take money. It just took love and friendships.
Speaker 2: You know, something you to you right on the money. I understand exactly what you mean. And I think in view of what they saw both in World War Two and in Korea, they came home and they understood the value of family and the value of children and and you know, they were Little League coaches and Boy Scout leaders and they they they were the greatest generation. I don't think there's any I think Tom Broker had it right.
Speaker 9: I do too, And I think you know, if you needed a roof, they were all there to put the roof on it. The kids needed some food, they were there for that. And they taught us to be, you know, grateful to be an American, which I think is hard to find sometimes now.
Speaker 2: So unfortunately it is well your call and and hopefully your dad, Whitey O'Hara is was it Waddy O'Hair or whatdy.
Speaker 5: O'Hara Whitey O'Hara, Whitey O'Hara.
Speaker 2: We had an O'Hara family in the street that we grew up on in Reedville, so probably there's a little bit of a relation there. Thank you so much for calling in. Is this your first time or have you called before?
Speaker 9: I called last year for the same exact things.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks, you did last year.
Speaker 2: You can make a habit of it. And I'm sorry that your dad has passed on, but hopefully he's reunited with some of his buddies and they're they're having a beer somewhere tonight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think the whole the FW post is up there now.
Speaker 9: Oh, thanks very much, and thanks for pluting them.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Judy as well. We'll talk again.
Speaker 4: Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: All Right, we've had some good good gone. Let's keep rolling here. We'll get people in. Let's let me go. Oh, here's my pal Steve. I'm not sure if he's on his way to Chickapee, are coming home, but it's Steve the truck driver, Steve. Welcome. How are you, hey, Steve? Where you're headed?
Speaker 3: I'm here?
Speaker 5: I'm here, Yeah, No, I got you.
Speaker 2: Where are you headed back? Where you're headed?
Speaker 6: I am heading it. I am heading the chi Chickapee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but are you heading home or you're are you out on the heading out?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Friday is my meet with a guy from Baltimore co worker. Oh yeah, Oh, I drive the Chickapee and bring some freight to him. I have some freight right now. I got a fifty three footer, So I'm probably ten minutes from the terminal and Chickapee. So I go to Milltown, Connecticut. That's where other terminal is and that's where I meet him.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you got to go to Connecticut and then you can get back home.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Back to leister name.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nice? Nice? All right.
Speaker 6: So, so of the three topics, Dan, who am I going to speak? I love the guessing game. I'm gonna talk about my first concert, which was Halloween nineteen seventy nine, which was the Cars Old Yeah, the Portland Cumberland County Civic Center and Pautland, Maine. That was an awesome, awesome concert with the Cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that That Civic Center was where the American Hockey League the main team played all the time.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well it used to be the Portland let's see main Mariners when they won the Great Cups and it became the Portland Pirates, then it is now the main Mariners again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What a great friend of mine who was a hockey client of mine. Steve Baker was the goaltender on the Main Meritis when when they won the Cup in the in the early eighties. They played in the Rangers system and the Devil system. Steve even great guys, still doing very well in retirement. But he's he's got a program called three Ice. They're trying to get this this summer hockey league going where they'll play three on three with a goaltender. It'll be very much open hockey. And so Steve Steve, oh yeah you, oh yeah, I got a great picture that he that he that he took drinking out of the Calder Cup, which is the Cup Ahl And yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I said, the Great Cup. That's the Canadian football that's true.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, yeah, but that's okay, Old Cup. Steve Baker Baker and his wife Roe. Steve grew up in Braintreet, Massachusetts and went to Archbishop Williams. Played gold at Archbishop Williams and Union College.
Speaker 6: Great excellent. When I work construction in Hall, Massachusetts back in eighty five or eighty seven. Uh, doing laborer work. This guy was there and we got talking about the bean Pot. He said, yeah, I was the Stanton goalie in the nineteen eighty three bean Pot when Northeast won the championship. And I said, yea, who are you? He said, I was the goalie Tim Marshall.
Speaker 2: I remember the name.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Tim Marshall. I did construction with him down in the hall. So he was nice to meet him. He's a nice guy, you know. So I had to google him too and find out all about him and his jeep.
Speaker 2: Well, if you if you went to Maine Marinon games, there were a bunch of people up there. Pat Connecker played for them at the time. Stevie Tashura was a center iceman. It was from Canada, but he was a Canadian Japanese guy, really nice kid. And as they say, Steve Baker was the goaltender. And they were all people who I did some legal work for and some's that sort of stuff.
Speaker 6: So yeah, and just to answer you get to your other call. As my dad served in nineteen fifty to fifty four in the Air Force.
Speaker 2: So he was in there during Korea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was the only one in the family. His brother went to uh he was in the Navy, his older brother. So other than that, that was the only two in the extended family that went in the military. So anyways, nice.
Speaker 7: Talking to you.
Speaker 6: Enjoy you a long weekend.
Speaker 4: You too, did work with my wife and get.
Speaker 2: And get home, get home safely.
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, thank you Dan.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna find out eleven o'clock last night when you mentioned me, so I'll have to find that. We shout out to the truckers.
Speaker 2: And you got it.
Speaker 4: You got it, all right, Steve, take it easy day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk to you soon. Good one.
Speaker 11: All right bye, are you too.
Speaker 2: Gonna take a break. Let's get to more phone calls. The only line open is six one seven back after the news at the bottom of the air. We're a little bit late coming back on night.
Speaker 1: Side Night Side with Dan Ray you Besy Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling here. We're going to go to Chris is in Worcester. Chris your next nights. I appreciate you calling in. Welcome Hi.
Speaker 7: It's Wooster West Woosta. It sure is city of New England, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: And people don't realize that. They think Portland or Hartford or something, but it's Worcester.
Speaker 6: True.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 7: My first concert was Billy Joel in the Old Garden, maybe late seventy eight, maybe seventy nine. I'd love it if one of your callers would know the year, because it's a shame. What's happening to Billy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that tonight. It's I didn't. I I know that he had fallen in a concert, but I thought he just slipped and fell. But apparently it's it's a it's a medical issue that is affecting him, and I guess he's canceled all those conference concerts. I would to a Billy Joel concert at Fenway Park. It was probably two summers ago. It was the most beautiful night I can remember in my life. It was an absolutely spectacular night, and he was fabulous.
Speaker 7: I think my concert might have been his first appearance in.
Speaker 4: Boston, could have been, could have been.
Speaker 7: Secondly, I'd like to talk about my grandfather, myke Pepe, who came from French Canada to Massachusetts when he was a little boy, and ultimately he joined the US Army in the teens, so that means he was in World War One and he loved horses, so he was in the cavalry and he got sent to eastern France and he fought on his horse, and unfortunately his horse got hit and my grandfather got injured slightly and the horse did not survive. And he rehabbed in France, and they gave the men embroidery to do to keep their minds occupied. Ultimately, he came back to Massachusetts, stayed in the military, loved it, and then finally his wife said enough is enough, so he left Fort Devans and became a dad and a painter, and he still loved horses and still rode them wonderful. Always kept in touch, you know, with his army folks, but unfortunately he passed early. And the second one is my only female cousin, and she went into the US Air Force after high school and traveled the world and got her bachelor's on the Air Force. And at some point maybe you've done it, but at some point I think it would be great to have some female veterans on your talk show.
Speaker 2: Well somenight, maybe we'll just open that up and it allow people to call in, because I think it's the more people we have and the more people get an opportunity. I think that's a good suggestion. Maybe we'll do that some twentieth hour in the next few weeks. I will keep that in the back of my mind. Okay, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: Terrific.
Speaker 7: That's all I've got. So I have a great Memorial Day.
Speaker 2: Right back at you. And again, what a wonderful life your grandfather had. Did you get much time with him?
Speaker 7: Not at all?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 7: No, No, still got more research to do to the Massachusetts Veteran Active So yeah, that'll be done in the future.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you so much. Appreciate the call. Chris, We'll talk again.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I have a great night. Let's keep rolling here. I'm gonna go to We got Betty and Marlboro. Betty, you're next on nights. I had a lot of female callers tonight, which I love. Betty's in Marble. Hi, Betty, welcome.
Speaker 12: Hi, can't how you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm dude, just great? Tell us which of these three topics you can hit them all? Or hit one? Go right ahead, Why don't.
Speaker 12: You let's try and hit them all.
Speaker 3: I like to hear.
Speaker 1: I've never called it.
Speaker 13: I wat him get through.
Speaker 2: This waste is this your Is this your first time calling? Yeah, yes, well we got to give you a round and applause or magician. That's a bunch of first time callers tonight, go right ahead. We love it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and I'm coming from Worcester. I just hit the road and called me a wow. Not o for a while, so but I'd like to, uh yeah, just my cousin Alex.
Speaker 12: He was Vietnam.
Speaker 7: Okay, he came back.
Speaker 13: I'm anger, say god. He became a state message Cuba for for twenty five years. He got married and three children. Watch the boat the coats he went, Howie Giant went to Arizona, got on a planet Covid and died. After all that, oh, never got shot at, Never got shot at Yo shot the head and uh Covid took him out.
Speaker 2: Uh Covid took a lot of people out.
Speaker 12: And then my first content seventy three. Uh, I'm sorry. Just the fun used to be very Jake Oles and yeah, I think I know I was sparsh road.
Speaker 13: I jumped back. I remember jumped back to play the cow at the York and York in US.
Speaker 5: That was the seventies.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 13: Actually it was paddled the BNP.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll call it. We'll call it for Jay Giles. That's okay, go right ahead, Peter Wolf go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: Right, you got it.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 2: Thanks Betty. I appreciate you call. And uh, drive drive carefully. I can tell you drive and drive carefully. Okay. Well you thanks, thanks doctor. You soon have a great night. Okay. We're gonna try to get one more in here before the break and we're gonna go to Daryl in New Brunswick. Daryl, welcome back.
Speaker 3: How are you hey?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 4: Doing great?
Speaker 10: Hopefully you guys are dealing with the dampness as well. Reference to your color prior to Betty reference the cavalry World War One, Yep, A good movie to watch. It's called war Horse.
Speaker 2: Okay, Warhorse?
Speaker 10: You mentioned you mentioned the movie prior called The Judge with Robert Downey Jr. And I actually watched it and it's amazing. But going back to the veteran issue, we had a Aaron Gunder in the Health X Bombers from Northern Ontario, Sergeant Air Gunner Lloyd Hampton. His commander was actually from San Francisco. Lloyd did not I'll get his name. I wasn't prepared for this topic tonight, but I have the flight logs and I will get you his name so you can get proper dedication. But air Gunner Hampton, he was only not even twenty years old coming back from Berlin on his fifth bombing mission, and he didn't come back.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 10: So therefore this goes back to the aircraft commander from San Francisco. Ye, and all your veterans that actually sit by your rest stops and dedicate on Memorial Day, so the best I can do.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, Darrel, appreciate it. Very nice dedication. Thank you, sir. Take care, sir, have a great night, happy memorially. Okay, the only lines that are open right now, and we can get a couple more in six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty Back right after this break, I got James and Steve coming up.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray onn BZY, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling here. We're going to go next to James in Norfolk, Massachusetts. James, welcome to Night'side. How are you, sir? How are you doing I'm doing just great wrapping up the week.
Speaker 11: Here a time, Colin, probably.
Speaker 2: This is your third time. No applause for third time, but thank you for going.
Speaker 11: But I tried the other number. It was very frustrating because they looked it up online and it was the wrong number that Polk showed up. It was six one, seven thirty four and that did not go through.
Speaker 2: Said, where did you see that?
Speaker 4: It was on?
Speaker 11: I was having problems with the computer all day and that's what it pulled up WBZ Night Side.
Speaker 2: Oh, Rob, do me a favorite? Can you trouble shoot that place? Yeah, that's a problem.
Speaker 11: We'll get not a high tech guide. But I'm having like this is like my big beef with what's going on? Yeah, you know, I'm self employed and I always have I'm having cyber problems with everything and and being self employed. It's been difficult, you know. And I thought maybe it was from the weather or whatever, but that was weird.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: We had some problems today too, by the way, but we'll leave that. We'll let that go for now. Tell us talk to us and tell us about your whichever one of these topics you want to address.
Speaker 11: Okay, So well, first, well I would say I had. You know, I listened to the earlier show when people were complaining about the Harvard thing. I don't really I didn't know much about it, but I was a little bit horrified but finding out about the Columbia stuff when I just happened to see it on the paper. And I went to college, but I learned a lot more in vocational school than I did at a community college, and so I'm wondering, what are they teaching there? And I found that a lot of people that had worked for me had went to college but didn't have jobs. So I thought the voc I think the college thing was like overrated. Now I know you probably need it for some things from medical.
Speaker 2: No, I'm agreeing with that. I think that vote tech schools. You know, people come out of Vokee tech schools and they're eighteen nineteen years old and they're starting on jobs so they'll carry them for the rest of their lives and they'll never be unemployed. But I got to get you back because I got other people lined up.
Speaker 8: I've seen things like Tommy Dorsey and Glenn Miller who and I think those were at the the Western Memorial Auditorium.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, that's a great A great venue, great venue, Jeff. Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the.
Speaker 8: As far as well, of course, that's the older music. Yeah, yeah, you know I saw those when I was a kid, I mean like five six years old. My first actual so called rock concert that I went to was at Boston Garden. Uh somewhere around seventy five, seventy six. It was Chicago.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. They were big at the time, weren't they were? They were. They were the big sound, the big big horn sound. I remember them very well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and uh well, of course that was when you know, Terry cath was there, and oh I I remember that concert so distinctly, and they became my favorite. And here it is fifty you know, fifty years later.
Speaker 2: We had a chance to talk about it in the radio. Jeff, I got one more. I got to sneak in here. The one person hanging. So I'm gonna let you go for now, but continue to listen to this program and continue to participate as a caller. It was thanks tonight, have a good weekend. Thank you. Yep, good ac Larry. You went last up, but I got about thirty seconds for you. Let's hit it out of the park. Larry.
Speaker 4: Okay for the concert, yeah, cause they stills in Nash and eighty five with the garden.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And then for veterans. Uh, well, my family came over on the Mayflower, both of them.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: So we're thirteen, we're thirteenth generation. But anyway, Uh we lost George at the Battle of Bunker Hill. Whoa, and we had a.
Speaker 2: Larry, I hate to do this year. I wish you'd called early because I'd love to go through this lineage. But I'm flat out of time. I'm flat out of time, man. Happy Memorial Day to you and thank you for your family service. Okay, thank you, Larry. All Right, we're done for the week, done for the night. Rob Brooks, great job, Marie, a great job. Thanks to all the callers, Thanks to all the listeners. We had a great week. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's what all your pets are who we passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. I'll see you again on Monday night. Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Thank a veteran. Thanks everybody,