Speaker 1: Good morning, Kentucky A.
Speaker 2: It is eighth five here Kentucky, Ana's morning News on news radio eight to forty, whas Nick Coffee with you. So, the death toll is rising in regards to the flooding that took place in Texas. Just a tragic situation all the way around. There are now at least one hundred and four people that have been confirmed killed by the flooding that took place in the Guadalupe River, and there are more than forty that are still missing as they continue to search.
Speaker 1: So again we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about water that came down on Friday, rain I should say that got the water up twenty six feet in just forty five minutes. So just a tragic situation all the way around. And we'll get more on that situation coming up around eight thirty when we are joined by Roy O'Neal of NBC News. So a story that you're going to see today from our partners WKY is because it was an interview that they did last week that has gotten somebody in a little bit of trouble that was already in some trouble.
Speaker 1: And I am I'm fascinated.
Speaker 2: By those who just I guess have selective remorse because I don't think it's accountability if it only kicks in. I mean, it's not accountability if it only kicks in after the plea deal. So for those who haven't followed the Jamie Noel and again I guess the Noel family situation. He is a former Clark Ketty Sheriff, Jamie Noella is and he was sentenced to twelve years in prison for misusing taxpayer money, in fact millions of personal expenses that was coming from taxpayer funds. So he's already been found guilty. He pleaded guilty to twenty seven felonies and again he got twelve years in prison. Well, his estrange wife last week she pled guilty to five counts of theft and five counts of tax evasion for using New Chapel Ems funds for personal purchases. So her plea deal was accepted last week on July the third, and she was sentenced to eighteen months in prison in order to pay restitution of over six hundred and sixty thousand dollars to New Chapel Ems and roughly thirty thousand dollars to the Indiana Department of Revenue. So right after she was sentenced, she did an interview with Wie OK why and she I guess just felt like that was a good idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't speak for her, but my guess is that she still wanted to try to make it out that she didn't do anything wrong. She wanted to do I guess have the last word here, because yes, the news was that she had pled guilty and had been sentenced to eighteen months in prison, but she wanted to be on camera and say that she was you know, she was misled by her estranged husband into believing the nonprofit was his private business, not taxpayer funded.
Speaker 1: So you can't do that.
Speaker 2: And the judge Larry Medlock ruled yesterday that her statement suggested that she did not quote knowingly and intentionally commit theft, which undermines her plea deal. So he has ordered that you know, yeah says here that Medlock's order stated that a guilty plea cannot stand if the defendant maintains innocence, So he is scheduled a rule to show cause hearing to consider setting aside the plea and possibly proceeding to a trial, citing potential contempt of court for her contradictory statements in the interview and of course when.
Speaker 1: She actually pleaded guilty.
Speaker 2: So to me, this just screams a level of arrogance just to think that anybody would believe you that you don't think you did anything wrong, and if anything, you're just guilty of believing your husband and blaming it all on him. And certainly he is guilty. He pled guilty, he was sentenced to twelve years in prison. But I just to go on camera and want to act just the assumption that you could then convince people that you're not guilty and you did nothing wrong. And I don't know, there's arrogance, there's delusion, but again I think it's it's not real remorse. And you also have to keep in mind, like think of your audience. Did you think that anybody wanted to hear you on television doing an exclusive? And I don't know if it was an exclusive or not, but the Olky interview is the one that ended up airing the day I guess it was the day of four sentencings. So anyways, long story short, she had inconsistencies with the interview she did and when she actually was was pleading guilty, and that's going to potentially come back to bite her. But your audience when it comes to the news channel, it's likely going to be not filled. But there's probably plenty of people in Clark County that it was their tax money. It was you know, their taxpayers who their money was misused by you and your family for millions of dollars of personal expenses. I mean, to I don't know, just to me, it's I don't know. I guess it's karma. Now, maybe it ends up being nothing, But I guess there's a chance that she could end up going to trial and in the plea deal be removed, and at that point, I guess she could be looking at more than just an eighteen months an eighteen month sentence. I mean, I think sometimes, Look, I'm sure there are This is a sad reality. There are people who pled guilty and had to just lie in court and say they're guilty because they just are of the opinion that this is the best course of action because they're up against it, right, they don't have a great defense. Now there's also the Alford please, which will let you plead guilty but maintain innocence and claim that you are just acknowledging there's enough evidence to convict you, But I just I don't know the claiming you still are completely I mean, to me, that's somebody who's likely to commit a similar crime again because in their mind, like this is it. Let me give you an old George Costanza line, like it's not a lie if you believe it. Like I think that's what a lot of people do, Like they deep down know if they did or didn't do something, but they just convinced themselves internally mentally and live life as if like they didn't commit crimes and do awful things. So anyways, I know I'm going to be following to see what ends up happening here. But any of the Noel family has has faced charges and clearly, heart I mean I have a heart time thinking any of them were unaware.
Speaker 1: Of what they were doing. But that's just me. All right.
Speaker 2: We've got another update of traffick in weather coming your way. Also, we'll tell you which you need to know about the construction project going on on the Waters and Expressway which is going to lead to some potential traffic in the evening. So we'll get to that in a lot more. It's Kentucky. It's morning news right here on news Radio eight forty whas it is eight sixteen here at Kentucky. It is Morning News with Nick Coffee on news Radio eight forty whas John Alden alongside. And we are going to be seeing some traffic in the evening on Waterson on the Waterston Expressway moving forward, because last night is when the I guess construction began. This is going to widen and improve the Waterson Expressway, and it looks as if, yeah, last night there were lane closures that started from seven pm to five am this morning, and this is going to be nightly, so again keep in mind this won't be during the day, but that doesn't mean that despite even you know, despite this not being in your typical drive time when people are going to work or coming home from work, you know, if you've got lane closures, there still could obviously be some some traffic that you want to be aware of. So later this week there's going to be ramp closures from the Waterston too is seventy one north and South, and it doesn't say here as far as yeah, it doesn't look like they know what time that's going to take place, but obviously just be prepared. And I'm sure you know that's if you are somebody that is often taking this you're on Waterson often and you know you probably already know you probably you could probably see where they were starting to work if it was going to impact your commute, So just be prepared against. The good news is that it's not going to be, you know, twenty four seven, it's not going to be during the rush hour. But Bashir yesterday announced one hundred and thirty million dollar project to increase the capacity of I two, sixty four, I seventy one and US Highway forty two, which is of course known to a lot of people as Brownsboro Road. So again, just be mindful of that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So this situation in Philadelphia is fascinating to me, and it's a real reminder that we should probably appreciate certain workers that we at times just never think about. Because right now you have the entire I guess the entire I don't know if it's a union, but people who work in the sanitation department in Philadelphia, they work for the city. They are on strike, which has led to nobody being able to get their trash picked up. And it's becoming more than just an I mean, it's a nightmare in Philadelphia. I mean, I don't know if you guys have seen some of the coverage of this story, but these guys that are on strike, guys and gals, I should say, whatever they're asking for, I wouldn't be shocked if they get it, because this is not sustainable. And it's just a reminder that if in fact, the workers that do that here in this area, if if all of them just, you know, decided to go on strike and for a month or two months or whatever however long it lasted, we didn't have somebody coming to pick up our trash.
Speaker 1: I mean, that would be that'd be.
Speaker 2: A disaster, right, But there's other like there's other industries that I don't think we truly realize how much we need these people in these positions, because if they just randomly stopped doing what they were doing, I mean, it would it would. I don't want to say it would shut down the world, but it would. It would cause a major impact. I mean, let's just look at truck drivers, especially those that have the long haul over the road. I mean, if if there was a nationwide strike in some form or fashion, which I'm not even sure if that would be possible. I mean, think about grocery stores having shortages, fuel delays, I mean, medicine supply chain breakdowns. I mean obviously the power line workers they held keep lights on quite literally, So I think, you know, not only do we realize they're important, but just the thought of what life would look like if they were if they just decided they were going on strike. And I guess a lot of it depends upon how competitive a certain industry is, right, Like you know, for example, we have a few different options here in this area as far as who picks up your trash, but there's one that's dominant, meaning that has way more customers here in the region than most. And if their employees just decided to say, yep, we're we're not coming back to work until this is taken care of and we get what we feel like we deserve, I mean, that would be it'd be a nightmare for some people. So I don't know when they're going to get any relief in Philadelphia, but the trash is everywhere, and I imagine it's just I mean, again, it's a disaster.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We've got another update of traving on weather coming your way. Also, we'll get another update on sports with Scott Fitzgerald as Kentucky.
Speaker 1: It's morning news on news Ready to eight forty whas.
Speaker 2: Alright, it is a forty six here a Kentucky and it's morning news on News radio eight forty w h A s. We'll be handing it off soon to Tony and Dwight. Uh, Tony, is it as big of a deal as people are making it out that Axel Rose and Ozzy Ozzy Osbourne finally met and they've never met until recently.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay, you would know again your your roots are in rock radio, and I feel like this, I mean.
Speaker 3: They're the dichotomy of each other, like Axel.
Speaker 1: How how is Ozzy os One still love?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I got to tell you one of the best guys in rock ever, I mean just so accommodating, Uh you know, loved everybody, didn't treated the lowliest of low to the highest of guy the same way. And Axel Rose total opposite jerk jerk phase.
Speaker 2: Now, is that from your experiences that both are just what is what is a lot of Well believe that my experience is that's the reputation from both correct my yeah, my experience echoes what everyone else has said in that, so we'll probably admit that in those days he was he was you know, he was a jerk. And I don't know if he is now because I haven't interviewed him, but I've Ozzie could barely speak the times that I interviewed him. But then I watched him twenty minutes later walk on stage and perform to perfection, and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, how does that happen now? He also, this is twenty something years ago. He's incontinent, so he had a guy. They have somebody on stage on the side of the stage with a bucket of water, so if he goes to the bathroom on himself, they would run out and throw water on him, so it wouldn't it wouldn't look like he did that on himself. So you know, he has obviously some physical limitations. But that was twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I mean, I don't mean to he I don't how old is he?
Speaker 2: Like, he's seventies, mid to late seventies. Yeah, okay, so late seventies. I mean I would have assumed he was ninety just because my early like Ozzy Osbourne is just the name you know as a little kid.
Speaker 1: But if you remember, he was one of the first people Reality TV.
Speaker 3: Remember that show, and it made him look awesome. Yeah, oh yeah, it made him look awesome.
Speaker 4: But you got to understand at the beginning of his career, what was he famous John.
Speaker 3: Shannon, what one word answer? What was he famous for in the Alamo?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Bats?
Speaker 5: Well that too, he bats bats. He bit the head off of a bat he on stage.
Speaker 1: Technically again, how was he alive?
Speaker 3: He technically, he says.
Speaker 4: The story was he was with a bunch of record reps and there was something and he bit into the bat or something as right as a joke or something. He didn't bite at all, but he's been but that was what he was famous for. Didn't great for his career.
Speaker 5: See as a Texan, when you ask what he's famous for, it's for him taking a whiz in the early eighties on the side of the Alamo and being banned from performing in the state for a decade.
Speaker 1: That was just a rock stars, But that was what he did. Yeah, that's what you do, he said.
Speaker 5: I saw an interview with him the other day, though he said he's been able to live so long, get to seventy six like he is now because he's able to laugh at himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's true. No, he did.
Speaker 1: He did seem like Makable on that reality show.
Speaker 5: Him and Geene Simmons were like the first reality shows that put some stuff on the map for rock and roll.
Speaker 2: And why was acxul in this story because he Yeah, So here's what happened the Black Sabbath, Oh yeah, beginning farewell show over the weekend and Ozzie was there and shared a backstage picture on Instagram, and that was the first time those two had met. And I think a lot of people knew that because it's a random fact. But there's a lot of people like myself that are surprised here that just given the figures that those two guys are in your time when rock radio was rock radio, who was the biggest name that had a presence different than anybody else that would Evaleen?
Speaker 3: Okay, he was just different.
Speaker 4: He was the only one out of everybody I met and we interviewed everybody. For example, one Saturday afternoon, the hotline rings and it's my boss. He goes, Oh, I forgot you to tell you Foreigner and Doobie Brothers are coming in today. They're all going to play, and I was like, what, he goes they should be at the front door now, and I was like, what it was Saturday aftern They all come in, the Doobie Brothers, all guitars. They plug in a keyboard. Lou Graham from Foreigner backed up the Doobie Brothers on their three songs, taking it to the streets and China Growth. And then they backed up Foreigner with Lou Graham singing Cold as Ice and all that. And I'm sitting at the board interviewing all of them and they're singing that stuff happened every day. But Eddie was just different. Like when he walked in a room, it was like he floated, Yeah, a presence, Yeah he floated, He didn't walk, And it.
Speaker 3: Was just and that was when, I mean, they were making so much money.
Speaker 2: Well, did you at that time realize sort of? I mean, I'm sure there have been moments where you think, man, I wish I could go back to that. That was awesome, But did you know at the time, like.
Speaker 1: What you were, what you were as far as here we.
Speaker 2: Are, many many many years later, don't sound like a grandpa. But I mean those are still names that are legends generations later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they was it all a blur because rock radio was the rock island.
Speaker 3: The rock island got real small.
Speaker 4: That's why I went to seven ninety and did sports sho because the rock island got small because rock music was dying. Uh. I got in a huge argument with Dave Mustaine from Megadeath originally was in Metallica because I said, we're telling because I went after him and said, look why rock's dying. I was like, there are no bands coming up, and he and he disagreed and arguing argued who ended up right?
Speaker 1: What killed it? Uh?
Speaker 3: Kid rock?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Rap rock? Rap rock helped killed it.
Speaker 4: Plus Uh, the the moment we got grunge with which was great rock music, we called it alternative rock, and we split it up to two different stations, so we played classic rock. But we should have done is played Smashing Pumpkins next to the doors. We should have played Uh, we should have played them next to a c DC because it belonged, and it belonged to and uh, and we didn't. We split them up, and it was not alternative rock.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: It just got too fractured.
Speaker 4: I think yeah, but so yeah, so Rock uh pretty much and no one's gonna argue with me.
Speaker 3: Rock died r I P. It was what do you have?
Speaker 1: What do you have planned for tomorrow?
Speaker 3: We have.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have a really good hour in the TENA. It's the Cross Eye Bear Tomorrow at ten am. We're gonna have the captain of a Seal Team six for ten years. He's gonna break down the Middle East and tell us here's the bad guys, here's the good guys, and what you should see moving forward, and we'll take calls with him.
Speaker 3: So ten am tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Tony Dwight a coming next. That's it for us.