Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to the nowe Jose podcast. Today, I'm joined by a patron of the show, Tiller, because I like talking to you guys. You guys have interesting things to say, and I always like when the content comes to me, So why not incentivize that. Today we will be talking about Marcianism, digging into that topic a little bit off the beaten path of what we typically cover. Although I think there's a lot of crossover, a lot of symbolism. I think it's worbly worthwhile taking the deep, taking the dive into this. So I'm interested into hearing more. We will see you in the show. Make sure to subscribe and hit that bell for notifications. We'll see you.
Speaker 2: Just no mother, be lovest. Grember will always be exploited. I'm falling, Dusty.
Speaker 1: Don't let.
Speaker 2: I'm staring at John drinking by st bad.
Speaker 1: Share the mother.
Speaker 2: See one list say that you for me.
Speaker 3: To fail the words I can't see don't dear.
Speaker 1: Versus big shout out to that the thin line one, two three, that's good. I've meant to give him a shadow at the jump, but a big shout to him. He's also the one who did the intro for already dead. That absolute banger. So I've been sitting on that one for a while. I'm glad to finally get in the chance to use it. But today we have Tiller with us. Pleasure to have you here. You look absolutely fabulous. We had a little bit of technical difficulties and we had to make do. So that's the caddiers. We're going the way Fuentes. Yeah, so glad to have you with me. Brother, you want to go in entreroduce yourself to the audience. I guess kind of give a whatever kind of summation you want to give people of you, uh and what you're about, uh and uh and the like. Maybe what kind of brought you in the sphere? I guess kind of.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You are a this is you are a support of the show, so I am kind of interested how you uh, how you fell into the show. Whether it was through the comedy angle, I don't know. I've been I've been on a different bunch of different platforms. It was always interesting to see how you came here, or maybe you came through Austin. We never know, who knows the Schizzer Bros. Path you came down?
Speaker 3: Great question, actually, I either I either found you specifically on Twitter and that and then your specific channel, or found probably Clint actually connects in that sort of way. I probably found Clint and then stumbled in the Tower Gang because he probably actually no, he very often would say like I also do Tower Gang, don't go watch them. That's how I found Tower Gang and the Twitter, and then I found out you do your own show. And I think that's probably the after the whole split, you probably do the the best and most frequent content out of the the five of you. I believe.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I appreciate the the up, so I guess you kind of more of the Tower gang sorder through Clint. Kind of weird is there's so many different avenues, so it is interesting to see how you got.
Speaker 3: The fact that I that I am a Tower Gang and enjoyer should not reflect upon the church in any way, shape or form, just just to just to distance the church. The church is a great place. I am a degenerate that has found Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yes I have not, but but I don't know. Yes, we're we are all a little bit degenderate in our own different ways, but I I don't think it's always necessarily that bad. It's okay to have a little bit of fun. But today we brought you on to talk about Martianism. You uh, you know kind of I know, I like to farm my people for content. I like to talk to you guys, and you seem to make an appeal for it. Now it strikes me from the little tiny bit I've dug into, the Martianism strikes me as basically gnocissism. Is there any sort of meaningful difference between it and Mossism or is it just some sect of it?
Speaker 3: Major difference for sure that that's actually one of the things that we we like to differentiate to say, it's it's we have certain things in common in the sense that a lot of Gnostic Christians are non Judeo. Marcian Knights are also non Judeo as well. But one of the key differences is like, uh, you know, and Gnostics are going to get mad right away five minutes in and I'm already gonna make some make some friends. But they seem to let Yahweh, the Juh Jewish God live rent free in their head for their entire lives. They just wake up and find reasons to be angry at yahweh, rather than waking up and finding reasons to appreciate Jesus.
Speaker 1: So that's that's the key difference is that they're moulding about and you guys aren't.
Speaker 3: Not a difference, but a lot of Gnostics will use like the Naghamadi highly recommended though like as a Marcia und I still read it and like I, you know, the Testamentum, you can only read through it so many, so many times. You got to, you know, get something new, fresh things to I'm a ponderer. I like I have a stack of a bunch of different bibles over to my right. I have a weird affinity of collecting old bibles. I just think they're neat and interesting. And the Nagamaditi Nagamadi is one that I want to actually put in my physical collection. But it's it's certainly interesting, especially if you like read the Book of Genesis and you're like, huh, there's got to be something more here. The Namadi is like, oh, there's more here, but that's not Marsianism. And I'd like to talk more about that than Hebrew nonsense, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And well, I guess just to say a little bit in the Hebrew nonsense is maybe an opening to kind of get into what it is. I guess this is more kind of in the realm of what makes it similar. And I think maybe I don't want to talk past our audience here because I know what like the kind of what I'm driving at, you know, and what we're talking about when you say they're non Judeo. But I guess kind of, I mean maybe kind of like maybe we should just spell it out for our audience, like kind of this key difference between like Judeo Christianity and like the is the Gnostics or the Marsianists or what what is that key difference?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: And if I guess I could pass it off to you to lay lay out, I mean, I know I can. It's obviously that uh and funny enough as me being someone who is an agnostic atheist, it's kind of an appealing argument in a sense because it is like if you do look at the full body of the Bible, you do see the Old Testament, New Testament, and you do see like it's always this like weird, confounded argument about some sort of Jesus did something in relation to law, and that's how it's somehow different than it was before or whatever the fuck, and so therefore, you know, it was okay that he was a dick and was like, you know, totally advocating genocide and like, you know, doing all this crazy like murder everyone except for the women that still have their hymens, like like just insane, like barbaric stuff. And then you're like, but then New Testament comes, You're like, we're chill now, something to do with the law or something, so we're cool. You know, depending on your interpretation, somehow it makes you you find a way to connect those two dots, whereas it seems like Gnocissism Marsianism is gone. Ah, no, your your instinct is correct. You got bamboozled, which leads to this inevitable Okay, well then there was a death cult and we might still be seeing that today. But I'll pass it off to you to kind of lay it out. I guess I kind of kind kind of revealed it there a little bit. But go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, no, you're not by no means you're stepping on any toes. It's uh, you're you're allowed to write It is pretty funny, isn't it. House You don't have to get any more than I think nine chapters into Genesis to go like, wait a minute, he's sent to angels down to a place to go get raped or something like that. Me sorry about YouTube, but you're not like live right now? Are you?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: You're good? You say whatever. I don't give a shit. Worst case scenario, I won't put it on YouTube, so I should.
Speaker 3: I should still church it up a little bit. But it is, you know. I mean to use the very very realistic term of what exactly was happening, you know, But I think it better to focus on what Marcianism is is. It's it stems from a guy called Marciano Sinape. He went and followed, uh or he didn't follow. He went to where Paul went and wrote and collected all of his writings. He is very we I have a whole timeline pulled up over here of everything that he did. I'm not going to read everything off to him, but he was born in seventy CE right there. And he goes off and he follows the path that Paul took and collects everything. I can get a little bit more into the timeline later, but he gathers up all the works and makes the first Christian Scripture and then hands it off to the churches of that time and said, here you go, I did all this work, and he was thanked by being excommunicated, exiled and all that. But to answer the root of your question, like the difference, because there are a few, but there are more than one sex of Christianity that kind of point out the hypocrisies in the Old Testament. The difference between Marcianism and all of those is, well, why are you still reading the Old Testament? Why do you why do you still give it the why do you still venerate it as holy texture, a texture scripture as holy texts, holy scripture? Same thing, and why do you still even use it? Why do you why do you even let your kids read this? You know at that point and more or less, uh, we just kind of simplified. Well, it's not simplified. He he has had the first right. That's another thing is many the claims that people say, ridiculous thing. Apparently Marcion was a celibate, but he had a sex cult. You know, there's a Again, I have a whole nother list of things that just don't make sense. Where they were trying to bash this guy in an extremely unfair way.
Speaker 1: To be fair, it could be like a semen retention cult. And so there's the there's the there's the you know what I mean, that's the thing these days.
Speaker 3: November ever just no nut ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a no nutting cult, which I guess in a certain sense is a sex cult. But it's the it's the lack thereof really but go on.
Speaker 3: As ridiculous as that sounds, but no getting getting a little bit back to the less silliness of it. It's just quite simply, it's the most rude removed from Judeo Christianity you could possibly be. You like it has I mean I have it right here actually at the Marcy Nite Church of Christ dot org. You can pick yourself up a nice copy of this. They have a hard copy of a soft soft copy. And it has not only it has the Evangelicon, which is just kind of Jesus' story in one book, not split into four gospels. And it has all I think all of Paul's works, with some of Paul's works weren't brought into the Holy Bible that is the current canon, as well as we have the first Psalm book that you actually can't find in the current Bible, as well as some of Marcion's own works. He has some really like like really metal stuff in here. Like you, I would I would recommend reading one book from here, and it would actually not be anything that's in the current Bible. I would read Marcian's Homily to Romans where he's talking that he's essentially he's in prison. This is when he came back and they have he's writing while he's bound, and he doesn't know what they're going to do with them because he's committed the crime of being a good scholar. And he's talking about how, you know, the beasts they have prepared for me. This guy thinks that he's gonna get eaten alive, and he's like, you know, don't don't you know feel bad for me. This is what you should be doing as a Christian. You are going to be, you know, you're not going to have an easy life. You are going to be you know, attacked by for what you believe because of the evil people that are in this world. And I'm doing exactly what Jesus is asking me to do.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, uh okay. To be clear, I guess I was kind of driving at So, to be very clear, the the idea here is, I guess there's the same exact thing with these two with Nacism and Marsianism, is that the the you guys see the the God of the Old Testament as not the same god as the New Testament or is there a different way of understanding it?
Speaker 3: Perhaps correct? Okay, more or less the difference between Marsianism and Gnostics. Gnostics still think that Yahweh and whatever name you use for the Jewish God is a legitimate god or deity or demiurge or whatever word you want to put on it. He is still a god, but he's a god of wrath. He's a god of war. Whereas Marcianites like you can still technically be a Marcianite and believe like you could be like a Marciankite pagan. That's not like, we're not going to tell you you can't be in our church and believe those things. But the the core belief of Marsianism is that Yahweh is either likely early man's first interactions with the devil, and if you were if you were to meet the devil, you would think that he's a god too, right, I mean, like think about what think about what power the devil has? Yeah, and if you were to meet him, like out of fear, one could definitely worship a devil, so that the idea is that he's either like a lesser, certainly not a god, or probably most likely just made up, you know, like why why did the thunder happen?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yahweh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so kind of a god of the gaps, but perhaps or maybe a little bit of an evil, more of an aggrigor than an actual entity. Really is a kind of is kind of what it's driving at, which I didn't even realize that the Nastics were actually believing that it was a legit god, like I guess, I guess I kind of assumed that they thought that, Like I guess it really to put too much though onto if they thought there was a legitimate god or I mean, I guess I would have thought to be a demon. Although even then, I guess with the Nastics they have they tend to have some weird I know, it gets some weird like Adam and then this they have a weird whole weird. I mean, use you guys as not to get tun into the weeds of the founding story?
Speaker 3: But is it? Is it very much?
Speaker 1: You kind of know what I'm driving at with some of the weird The oddness is a little. I mean, I say it's convoluted, but then again, so is Genesis or really any any you know creation story if you're not familiar with it. But I know the Nastics have kind of a slightly different take. Is Marsianism the same or is it somehow find a way to stay more in line with a more common on standing with Christianity's Genesis. You know, I guess to you know, pun intended somewhat.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't really we don't really abscribe to it. Like I brought up Genesis, but we don't really we don't have a creation story. Martianism lets you kind of like there there isn't a a set in stone like this is what happened at the beginning beginning of a time, and this is why you know, Adam and Eve were kicked out of heaven, and this is why this our scriptures starts in twenty nine CE, November twenty fourth. We know it was a Thursday. Jesus descended from heaven. And that's another distinction there is no virgin birth. Gnostics entertained the idea. I assume you know, every Gnostic is going to be different from person to person, but they entertained the virgin birth idea, and they all these other gnostic texts, and there were gnostics before Christ, and the Gnostics you know, took the story of Christ. Now I'm not saying they perverted it. They you know, like confirmation bias. Right if if you heard about like, oh man, this guy, this guy Jesus was healing people, and did you hear that last Friday they crucified him. He came back, you know, in this and that, you'd think, well, wow, you know, as as a Gnostic, they already I think were polygamous back then, don't quote me, so obviously you would take that as like, obviously this is proof of of divine something, you know, and they would just stick it in with what they already knew, and they would you know, it's it's not a perversion in a more of an adaptation.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I guess that makes sense, I think, But if you do think the Old Testament is is kind of you know, the product of either an imagine God or a demon or the devil or some sort of it would make sense to'd be like, well this is all nonsense, so like obviously I'm not going to miss any So yeah, I guess it would make sense to start from Jesus showed up there there From there we start, Uh, Okay, well, I guess now I think we've we probably start laying out what exactly Marsianism is. I guess, uh maybe we can maybe one place to good to start off with us?
Speaker 2: What do they?
Speaker 1: How do they? How does Marsianism typically view uh, Jesus. It sounds like it sounds like they're you kind of it almost seems like maybe marciems a semi open, but it sounds like there's, you know, pretty pretty varying definitions of what a Martian a Martianist is. It seems like perhaps, uh so, I guess I'm kind of curious what you How do you guys typically perceive the person of Christ.
Speaker 3: That that is one thing we are certainly more concrete. Is It's like we know what we know, and what we know is Jesus, fores ure was the son of God. There's no confusion there. He goes around telling people I am of my father. This is why I am able to do these great things is because I have the power of my Father with me. So there's there's no question there.
Speaker 1: And that's not like some anime lesson the powers within all of us and you're all kind of sons of God. It's not something like I know some people reconceptualize it with that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, he's not Goku. He doesn't go off the power of friendship. If anything, he you know, he makes a lot more enemies than he does friends in his lifetime. He is still alive, but you know what I mean, his human lifetime. But more or less, he is the son of the Father. There is still a holy spirit, there is still a trinity. We believe in a traditional trinity. But yeah, we don't think that like he was just some sort of aperation that people were too confused to think. No, he came down in flesh because he is the son of God. He can do such things. He came and performed miracles. We know that this happened, and we actually have like legal like I guess documents, he would say, and uh, interesting enough, the when you look at why Jesus was tried in the Roman documents, he was crucified for blasphemy and the Hebrew texts he was crucified for sorcery, and both of those things are punishable by crucifixion. So I think that's kind of it's not like, you know, someone had a camera phone back then, but it's about as good as evidence that we have that Jesus did in fact perform miracles enough to where the Hebrew people were like, no, he's performed in magic. He's got to go because of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess, you know, let's hone in on what this belief system is. What are probably some of the key the key beliefs belief systems within this because I kind of was driving out there. I mean, heck, even as we were saying with Jesus is kind of like you know, I mean a lot of times these different belief systems, it gets a little little airy fairy kind of oh, you know, we're all gods, you we all can you know, through the power of friendship or whatever, YadA YadA, find some way to make this weird universalistic type concept. Just I guess kind of one of the main beats what are the important things? I mean, Like, I know, I grew up Baptists, Like if I was going to give the main beats Jesus came died for our sins, you know, you you say, hey, uh, forgive me for all that stuff, and yuh. You know, there's also this weird Baptism Baptist thing where you're you're supposed to like regularly check in and be like, yoh it did some fucked up stuff like could you cover me for that one? And you're like, okay, cool, and then like but even with Baptists, you're like always covered theoretically, like technically, even though you would consider myself an atheist. Now, from my understanding of BAP Southern Baptists, I think technically, I mean, they'd find a weird way to be like, well you technically that must mean you never actually believed to begin with, you know, but like I can tell you right now, I did at that time when I used to do. But whatever.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But point B that's their beliefs, and they believe if you really believed it, you're covered by the blood of Christ forever. More so, theoretically, technically by the Baptist belief system, I'm so so go to heaven. Although if I told any of them that, they would say, well, you're an atheist, so clearly you never really truly believed. It's a little convoluted, but you get what I'm getting at. What are the what's the elevator pitch of the belief system for for Marx marx Marxism, Marsianism, the.
Speaker 3: Well, the core belief sism of Marxism is that you just don't eat and communism marks sometimes jokes aside your original question about the core belief system of Marsianism, you kind of already laid it out there. You you believe in Christ, and therefore you are saved. There's no real extra steps you there's you know, you should get baptized. But if you have a two month old and your two month old dies and wasn't baptized, your baby's not going to hell. We're not, you know, we're saying people, at least most of us. I can't you know, speak for everybody, but you know we're not gonna just you know, say that people are damned who are clearly and there's.
Speaker 1: Some sort of vague control or covered by the blood of Christ type of thing, you know, like that that one. I know, that's what they say in most denominations when it comes to questions of like unborn or young children or mentally infirmed. It's covered by the blood of Christ. I mean, I don't know. We don't have to get too much in the weeds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we don't have to get that far. But you did kind of already cover you believe in Christ, and then you're saved it. I think the biggest difference, if I think, to answer the question you didn't ask, is the biggest difference between Marcianism and the other denominations of Christianity is what we don't believe. We don't believe that you have to come to church every Sunday. You just have to be faithful. Ideally, you want to be as christ Like as possible. You want to follow his example, be decent people. That's really all you need to do. There there There is a lot more to it than that. I can't just sit here and read the Evangelicon to you in an under a half hour. I'm sorry, I'm not that great, you know, but you know, more or less, there there are we have our own holidays, holy days, we do have our own sort of way of going about things. But essentially, believe in Jesus, be as Jesus like as you possibly can fail. Sometimes, Oh well, you don't have to go tell a funny man in a hat and he says, I forgive you, even though it's only God who forgets you, you know what I mean? A little dig it Catholicism there, which it's weird you said Baptist. I didn't know Baptists did confessions. I'll forever be intrigued by the very many different are there of so many different?
Speaker 1: Were you implying that I said that? Or are you telling me that you knew of other Baptists that did that? Because I was saying I was meaning like, no, okay, now, I was meaning like you are, like my understanding of like the Baptist beliefism is, and you do your own like relationship with God, you're supposed to also regularly be asking for forgiveness for the things that you're doing. So it's a little bit convoluted. Yeah, no, no, yeah, yeah, because I was just trying to the salvation aspect. The main beats like you're supposed to get you pray for forgiveness from the you know, you recognize from your savior or whatever, YadA YadA YadA, and then you're covered and you're you're good that and you are supposed to. Well, technically it doesn't actually, from my understanding, it's not like it's gonna make it so you're therefore can't go to heaven or go to some sort of weird purgatory place or something, but you are still supposed to. I guess it's encouraged. I guess is the way to look at the regularly ask for forgiveness.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think that it's it's a regularly thing. This is we're gonna get into my personalion. But I think that if you make a mistake, it's probably far better to just on the spot be like, ooh man, that was me not being my best person. I'm sorry, Jesus. Or even sometimes me, I do it preemptively. I'll just be like, you know, Jesus, I'm sorry. This probably isn't the best person I could be, but the situation calls for it, and my emotions are a little too high that that's a common one for me. I get a little bit, you know, a little too ramped up, and I just I just let it fly. And then and then I later think like, okay, next time, maybe I just walk away. I wish I could walk away more frequently, but that's too personal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so were some other key takeaways you feel like people should get from Marcianism. Some other things that you are interesting that you would know that I wouldn't really know to pick at.
Speaker 3: Well, our Christmas is November twenty fourth. We already covered the non Abrahamic thing some other Let me actually pull up a list of certain misconceptions real quick. Of course, my phone is deciding to pardon me. Sorry for the dead space. You're fine, but there is a lot of misconceptions, like a lot of people. Actually I kind of sort of danced pretty close to this already. But another big thing is they'll be like, oh, Marcion, no the heretic, right, you follow the religion of that heretic, And like, okay, but who are you to call him a heretic? Though, like what evidence do you have? What cin did he commit? You know, supposedly they'll they'll say that he edited the Bible in a certain way, and for one, you don't know that you don't really have any evidence that you're going by what some person said nearly two thousand years ago, like saying that, how do you know that the person who you are reading from isn't lying? How do you know that he is the one that committed said I?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: And even so, like again, God is the one that is supposed to judge us. So if you think that he's a heretic, are you not? Why is my computer? You can still hear me? Right? Yeah? Okay, hold on, it's gotta just remind me later. Great time to ask me if I wanted to update. But as I was saying, a lot of people just think that he's heretical, Like they said, they like to make up that he was part of some sort of abstinence sex cull. They make up all sorts of very very silly things about him, but a couple interesting things. I kind of lost what the original question is. But something interesting is one thing that Marcy Knight's actually had in common with the first couple century Christians, is that a like the Holy Bible you read now is a peterine or petering. I don't know how you Petering sounds like something I don't really want to. I don't want to dirty this conversation anymore than I may have already had. But it's what the Holy Bible currently is, and it's the judaized version of the the Holy Bible of the Faith. Whereas Pauline or Pauline, how have you actually pronounced? That is actually what most early Christians were. They believed in a at least less judaized version of Christianity. It was it was far more common for them to believe in that sort of way of thinking. Yeah, the original, the original Bible, which is we have a we have a reconstruction of it, but the Testamentum didn't follow these petering It just sounds so silly. Ah, the original like Christian goals of of the Council of the name nice see yeah, yeah, nice seeing council.
Speaker 1: Nice scene or nice Sean. I don't know, No, I'm questioning myself.
Speaker 3: For all I know. It could be the Council of the neoncat. I don't know. I think I already covered everything in my list.
Speaker 1: Actually, well, one thing I was thinking about that we didn't really cover. Maybe we could Doug dig into a little bit more, what kind of uh we we we kind of tease that a little bit. You know, he's labeled the hairtic off the jump, so kind of what I guess, kind of the role that Martianism is hold held in antiquity. I guess from the start to now. I mean, obviously I don't know. I mean that probably could easily be like a three hour podcast, but kind of, uh, the kind of the beats, I guess the main beats are that you know of, or maybe anything of interest. I'd assume it probably resided in an interesting I don't know, an interesting place in the in the in the history of religion, because it is, like I don't know, I guess it kind of alluded to in the beginning of the show, how these things kind of tie in together. And this may not be as like a uh, you know, you know, separated from the sort of stuff I typically cover, as might think like hell even the intro like like as I alluded to, like a death cult, like that's what those you know, some of the bad stuff is there. But even then the symbolism, and which is something I usually think of when I think of gnoscissism, you do see once you start realizing gnoscissism, the concepts of inversion and stuff. We see this played out in conspiracies and the elite all the time. And sometimes it'll be Christian symbols. Sometimes it will be gnostic symbols. Sometimes it will be you know, it's kind of in let's be real in a certain sense, narcissism or even Marxianism in some sense, this is a little bit of an inversion of the typical Judaeo Christian understanding and vice versa. So these are these sort of symbols we see. So I think kind of looking at it from a historical perspective and maybe even how it fits in to that paradigm there, because especially if you're someone who thinks Marsianism is a correct way and maybe that something like something like a naism could be like maybe a little bit of a bastardization of your of some sort of semblance of your beliefs, that maybe you could start seeing for the symbolism some of the weirdness there. So I guess it's a little an open ended, kind of an ambiguous, vague question there. But I guess kind of the historical you know, you know, significance, I guess, you know, if you want to give some to a rundown, And I guess the secondary thing I was driving it there is like, uh, do you notice symbolism? Is there something that you pick up, you know, from your understanding of Martianism that maybe those who only only really know of things like narcissism or you know, or maybe you know, because even then naism is another layer once you learn about narcissism, because you know, we always people might just think of like, oh, Judaism and Christians and you kind of think of the big three, and then now you have to think naism. How do you incorporate that? It is all kind of confusing, And now you find about Martianism, which is kind of its own distinct thing from nascism as well. And if I was a believer of that, I very much would think that naism was a bastardization of my beliefs. But anyways, I'm I'm kind of dragging on there. I think you kind of get what I'm getting at.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think there was like two or three questions in there, So I think the first one was almost like like you were asking about like a timeline.
Speaker 1: Almost, yes, somewhat, yeah, some timeline maybe the interesting parts because I'm sure and although I think these things are kind of questions tied into each other, because I think knowing the historical significance may start to give you some context for symbolic significance, you know, and how it's used today for sure.
Speaker 3: So just to kind of really quickly touch on the history for you, because as soon as Jesus died, for the like next fifteen years, there was a sort of theological war fought between the Apostle Paul and against the Judaizers that were represented by the Apostle Peter and James. And they were just like right away immediately trying to staple the Hebrew Bible to Christianity, and it kinda around forty eight se it came to a head where the first Christians, including Peter, Paul, and James, agreed that the Hebrew Bible laws were antithetical to the teachings of Christ and that that I can I can go off of for a while. I have examples from the Old Testament and the Testamentum that are great proof that the Old Testament God is absolutely not the God that Jesus was talking about.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, if you want to provide one or two examples, go go right ahead, and I'd be eaten.
Speaker 3: So yeah, sure, just two seconds, Well there it is. So in Joshua ten twelve to fourteen, then spoke Joshua to the Lord, and the day when the Lord delivered up the Emirates before the children of his and he said, in the sight of Israel, sun stand thou still upon Gibeon, and thou moon in the valley of Ajelan. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. It is not written in the Book of Joshir. I'm not great with Hebrew names. So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven and hasted not to go down about the whole day. And there was no day like that before it or after it that the Lord hearkened under the voice of Man. For the Lord fought for Israel and Ladosians for four twenty six, which you would know Ladosians as Ephesians. It says, be ye angry and sin not, let not the sun go down upon your wrath. So that's just one example of how the old God was about, like, let this anger drive your actions, whereas you should instead, you know, be the be angry and not be you know, a degenerate about it. Maybe a better and less long winded example would possibly be in the Book of Psalms in the Holy Bible. He says he cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath and indignation and trouble by sending evil angels among them. However, contrast and Galatians. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Just more examples of how God clearly is a a good God, or at least the God spoken of Christ and who we believe is the true God, is a patient God. And how often what other examples I can just think about the top of my head is somewhere in somewhere in the Old Testament he says, for I am a jealous God. I think that's in like it's like super early, it's in Deuterotomy, or maybe even Genesis, and just so on and so forth. There's Exodus four, eye for an eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for a foot.
Speaker 1: But I think that's a couple chapters after the rules for slave owning. I think, if I recalled correctly, I think that's what nineteen I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if if anything, yeahweh was like, you know what, no shellfish but slavery. That's tight though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But in in the Evangelicon, Jesus directly contrasts, and Jesus often contrasts the especially Exodus and onto them smiteth the on one cheek, offer also the other. Which actually that also brings up a really good point that a lot of Christians in general are are targeted in such a way as like, oh, well, you're not doing the turning the other cheek thing. While you should be a pacifist, that doesn't mean that you should lack the spying either. You're you're not supposed to just you know, bend over and let people take all your stuff. Jesus, I'm gonna misquote this likely, but a man, a well armed man in a castle would will keep peace or something to that effect. Just off the top of my head. He's more or less saying, take the defensive route, be not offensive, don't go out and you know, push the Palestinians out to Egypt or whatever they're trying to do it. Don't antagonize, Yeah, don't antagonize. Don't don't de escalate that throws the first punch. Yeah, de escalate is even better, honestly, because if you can stop a fight without actually throwing any of your own punches, that's absolutely the best way I've I've done this before where so I finished a fight someone hit me in the face and I just kind of like, like I was genuinely confused. It was like is that like without saying anything, it was like, is this all this guy has? And then he threw a few more and I was like, bro, you I should paraphrase because people from the church will see this, but I was like, you kind of hit like a lady man. And he threw a few more at me and I was just like, I just I just left my hands by my side and I was like, I'll just I could do this all day, my guy. And that ended the fight and probably the best way. And I've I've been unfortunately in more than one fight, and that was probably the most proud of myself I've ever felt. It felt the best on the inside that I had done the right thing by not harming a person, even though this person had thrown a dozen swings at me and it's not like he didn't do any damage. I had a bloody lip and a little bit, but at the end of the day, I was like, I could probably take this for an hour. I should just let him make a fool of himself and truly, that ended up being the best result because I didn't get in any sort of trouble. I don't think he necessarily did either, but I'm sure he went away feeling a little bit less like a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as well he should, I mean, regardless of being a strong punch or not. I mean, it's kind of one of those things that people say things like, oh, there's fighting words or this or that, and you're like, no, are there really unless you're like giving like very very direct threats that I'm worried you might act upon there kind of aren't That.
Speaker 3: Really is a very christ Like question to ask, because is there really anything someone can say that should stir a physical reaction like that? And the older I get, the more I'm I'm quite convinced, Like if if someone you know started saying, you know, know, your mom this something outside of like a your yo mama joke, like a non serious thing, like it's not that you should just ignore it. Maybe ignoring it might be a good thing to do, but you you, you stand your ground. I guess this is always going to depend on the situation. But but don't be so quick to anger, you know what I mean, When it's only words, you know, meet them with words, if if, if there's a reaction necessary exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, back to Martianism, we kind of touch a little bit of the historical significance and I kind of want to know a little bit maybe kind of maybe symbolic and then uh maybe how that ties into kind of larger spooky concepts. But you feel like there's anything more in the historical side of things we should hone in on about, uh to what what what realm? The Marsians resigned in, you know, historically speaking, I.
Speaker 3: Mean historically, Martianism kind of I don't want to say died, but it went underground and likely didn't exist for a thousand years. I think like the second or third Pope eventually was like, you know what, let's forgive this Marcian guy. You know, about a couple hundred years after he died, but you know, we'll forgive him. We'll stop calling him a heretic. Not that that stopped anybody in the future, but more or less, like the Catholic Church kind of took things over from there. But I think it was with Debun he was one of the first or first that I know of, to actually pick this up and I think they found, like the recreation that we have now is actually we've found a bunch of people who were so mad at Marcion. And to that I only have to say, you know, in our book it's Galatians four fifteen. In the Holy Bible, it's four sixteen. You know, so I have told you the truth, and am I now your enemy? Well, he he must have told a whole lot of the truth because he made a whole lot of enemies and they he just lived rent free in their head for probably one hundred years after he died, you know. So they people were quite mad, you know, Jews, Jews in fact, very very mad, and they just wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote, and that's how we ended up compiling what we have today. It's almost like a living document because we're always going to you know, there's there's at least like if you if you dig, you can find maybe a dozen different reconstructions of it. Now, I recommend the Testamentum that I have, and I can tell you more about where to find it at the end of the show. But that's more of like because there's like the minimalist reconstruction that's like we know at least he said this much, but then that's not a complete story. And then there's people who kind of like, you know, overshoot it quite a bit. I think ours is kind of in that middle ground where it's like, this is what makes sense. This is this goes with the theology, and that's what we have with the testamentum. Plus we have the like I said, the Psalm Book and so much more works besides that as well. But I think it wasn't until like seventeen hundreds that people started being curious about Marcian's Gospel as they would call it. And now with you know, the war in Gaza, everyone's like, this non judaized Christianity is is something else. It hits the palette quite in a freshing way. I just I don't know why I remember the the cream taste or meme. Okay, let us sit on the palette a little bit.
Speaker 1: By the way, I looked up it's the first Council of Nicea, and I see a e a one of those weird words, so that for we're referring to that earlier. I had to look it up because it was bugging me. Uh So it was not neon kiddie, But we were close. Uh No, I think we were close though. Uh Okay, I guess you think you have a little bit of a heart out here. Uh but so I want to get you out of here. Uh but I guess this is kind of We're kind of right at the last question I have and kind of bringing this back full circle in the sort of stuff that I kind of like to cover, and I kind of you always see these themes of inversion, you know, inversionism when it comes like Satanism and stuff like that, and I was kind of getting into that. You we you see that, or or dialectics and how things play off each other, like for example, the Judeo Christian or the Judaic religion or whatever the big three you know, Islam, you know, Judaism and Christianity, and yeah, and how those things play off each other. And then and then later you you know, we discover things like narcissism that then you go, oh wow, this provides a new spin on it. And then now you know, in a certain sense you have another inversion with of that with Marsianism in a certain sense obviously keeping certain themes from things like narcissism, but obviously not buying into some of the other stuff. So I guess I'm just kind of curious because, as I've said, you start seeing these symbols play out these dialectics. Uh, and so I'm just kind of curious when it comes to symbolism, is this something that you see? Do you have a unique perspective, you know, coming from your where you're at, you know, because it is always like trying to read the symbolism. You say, symbolism, will it be their downfall? And so you're like, you know, obviously you think Marsianism is the thing. So you may have a different interpretation of all this different symbolism we see. And it's not it's not often, it's not uncommon we see agnostic themes and stuff. So but you might interpret that is Marxianism or an inversion of Marsianism, and so on and so forth.
Speaker 3: I would say Marcianism is is separate from it Marcianism. We don't really have a whole lot of symbols. We have this the Cairo as you would say, or Chiro. People pronounce it all sorts of different ways. I tried to latten it up a little bit, but the the that's the in Latin, the two the first two letters in Christ, right, the CH and the R sounds, And that is the only real symbol in Martianism. And even that's kind of like adapted. It's kind of like a Roman thing. It is on and it is dated to be on there from nearly two thousand years ago. It is on a Marsiannite church that I think still stands unless Israel's bombed it since I last checked. But for the most part, we don't really do a lot of symbology. We don't really get into that. On the other hand, me personally, I'm very intrigued by this symbology. I know, I even got into a little bit of numbrology. I personally read these gnostic texts, but I kind of read it in the sense of, like, Okay, what is it say in Satan's Bible? You know, why why is it that the Jewish people are sacrificing or read Heifer? But that doesn't have anything really to do with Marsians. It's it comes off as idolatry, right, yea, like all these weird symbols, you don't really like symbols are a material thing. God is a spiritual thing. You don't like anytime you go and use a symbol like that, to me, it feels like you're trying to control the spirit with a material thing, and that just doesn't really seem like a spiritual experience to me. It seems like witch graphics.
Speaker 1: Actually, all right, Tiller, I know we said we want to get you out of here around this time, so we'll do just that. I don't know if you have anything you want to promote, if there's anything you want to let people know on your way out, I mean, I guess maybe any final thoughts the Marsianism, the floor is yours. If anything promote or just findal words or whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, the only thing I really want to promote is the Marcianite Church of Christ dot org. If you want to find me personally, you can go there, and we have our own discord in our own telegram channel. You can find me under the alias Tiller and whatever m I use a name for those particular things are. And that's essentially it as far as final thoughts, just as cheesy as it sounds, just try to think more of what Jesus would actually do. And actually, one final point, what I should clarify, what Jesus would actually do, not what was then later interpolated into the text and added to make him seem more Jewish. Jesus was not a Jew, even if you think for some reason he was born of a virgin. That's a virgin, and God put supposedly the spirit into that virgin. So how is he then a Jew? That said, Marcy Unite Church of Christ dot com. Thanks for having me on. It's been a pleasure. Honestly, it's been a good laugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 3: Hopefully I've churched it up enough. I just actually realized about like ten minutes ago that I am wearing a death metal trick to talk about Jesus. But I feel like that just you know, it's what it.
Speaker 1: Is, death metal and caddiers. That's the way to roll. But for those who want to support my show what I'm doing over here, leave a like, share, subscribe, comment, leave five star review, and iTunes or Spotify. You can find the show on YouTube, Rumble all the major auto putcutchers find on Twitter at twer gang Jose And if you want to support the show, the best way you can you do that with money over at patron dot COM's just no Way Jose twenty twenty. You can see the QR code up here if you want to go that route. And at the low level of two bucks, you get a whole host of perks. You get access to early episodes. I do but one to two of those a week, just like this one right here, keep about four of those behind the paywalla given time. You also get access to ad for you RSS feed. You get access to Telegram and the pre show, the post show, and video calls from me in Austin's weekly live column show already whichs on Tuesdays at nine to thirty pm Eastern. Also, get a big shot at my sponsors. This is a big thank you for everything they do for their support. Big big show out to the Homie previous co in Target at Learner Toad, also at brigadis as the overr c k at Underscore, fan Zeal, Timtel Jolly and Kleebld Big Family Show Tour May at Wayne Taglas, want to hear a car for Kids, No for Lunch, Jack Mark Vaspbul and Jacob Winiingrad of the Biblical Narchy podcast. And with that, guys, we're gonna get out of here. We'll see you on the next one.
Speaker 3: Bye Bye,