Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray w Bzy constance video.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dan Watkins. I'm delighted to be joined the start of this hour at least maybe well into the hour. The candidate from Mayor. There is one candidate from mayor who chose not to get in the fight this week, Tom O'Brien, a Boston developer. However, the one candidate who is in the fight to challenge Boston Mayor Michelle who is Josh Craft. And Josh joins us here on Nightside. Josh Kraft, welcome back to Nightside. How are you, sir Bank?
Speaker 3: Thanks Dan, thank you for having me as always.
Speaker 2: Well you very welcome. Today your opponent, the Mayor, took a bit of a victory lap because the way apparently has been cleared for the demolition or the completion of the demolition of White Stadium and the construction of a new stadium in its place, a soccer stadium, which is going to cost some say two hundred million dollars, but at the end it might cost more than that, and Boston taxpayers are on the hook for at least half of that or maybe more. What's your reaction to this development. I'm sure you're you're not happy about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, Dan, regardless of legal decisions, made one hundred million dollars to a project that primarily benefits a private entity.
Speaker 3: It's just not fiscally responsible for the City of Boston to take on, especially when I know that there's a project through the Emerald Necklace Conservancy for a third of that price that build rebuilds the stadium, which needs to be done solely for the use of Boston public school kids as well as for the generations of people that have enjoyed the park. I said, for generations. In addition, that hundred million is going to go up, especially with the crazy tariff situation that Donald Trump is imposing in the trade war he's starting, and it's just going to make the costs go way up. And it's just not a fiscally sound thing to do.
Speaker 2: Well. The other thing which bothers me about it, and again I'm not a candidate for mayor. I just watch the conversation back and forth, and you certainly have made a lot of senses. I have watched you talk about this over the last few.
Speaker 5: Weeks, is that there was one of the reports that I saw today they sort of minimized They said that the soccer team would only use the stadium for twenty games and a practice only once a week.
Speaker 2: But my understanding is that once the soccer season starts, which is just right at the end of winter in late March, Boston school kids aren't going to have access to the refer the new constructed white stadium until sometime in November because the turf or you know, the playing surface could not for a soccer team, can't be affected by a high school football game. So therefore, high school football, which starts in September and October and is pretty much done by Thanksgiving, high school teams won't get in there until sometime in November, which seems to me they are really getting the short end of the stick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent, Dan, And that's you know, it's such a traditional place to play football. It's been that way again for generations of Boston school kid school kids and their families going to watch games, and they won't be able to play a football game there till November. And by that time that means probably one game per team because by the early November and as winding down.
Speaker 2: Uh if if that and and also there's a how many trees have been cut down there. These are trees that are eighty years, one hundred years old, as I under did it, great shade trees for people who who live in the community and and and are able to take advantage. And you know, there's a lot of folks who that is their oasis, that is their summer place, and it's been taken away from from a community that is underserved here in Boston.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we said, you know, I know generations of families that have lived in that area have enjoyed that park and believe it was one hundred and forty five trees that were taking down, taking taken down excuse me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, I mean cut cut down and it's it's you could you can plant some saplings, but it's going to be a couple of generations or more or before those trees are are replaced. The mayor today basically said this was a historic victory. It might have been an historic victory, but my question is a historic victory for whom?
Speaker 3: Right? I know that. You know what's interesting which doesn't come up much, is that the RFP that the woman's professional team responded to.
Speaker 2: By the way, what is it? RFP? You and I both know what but maybe some.
Speaker 3: People, Yeah, yeah, thank you, Dan. There were requests for proposals. So the folks that were awarded the contract or the ability to play in the stadium and get the benefit of the public dollars being invested in the stadium, they had to sign They created an application process and then they applied for it and where the soul, you know, and where the grand tease and they got the contract. And that tells me this was never about Boston Public school kids. This was always about getting a woman's professional team there. Because if it was about Boston Public school kids, there's a and we all know the stadium needed lots of work. There's a thirty million dollar proposal that that solely benefits BPS kids as well as the folks that want to use the park. And to me, that's a much more cost effective alternative as well as a usage alternative because it would be solely for the use of Boston Public school kids.
Speaker 2: My sense, and I haven't followed this nearly as closely as you, but my sense is that this has been on a fast track. How many other applicants were there for this this request for proposal, My understanding is there was just one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would I don't know, Dan, and if it was just one. Remember they were the ones that created the application to apply to So if I wanted to go to college and then the college said here, create the application, I would create an application that would be easy for me to do well on.
Speaker 2: Sure you'd be able to fit fit all of the guidelines, and you'd be the premier applicant. Josh, Let's let's take a quick break here. I'd like to talk to you a little bit about the race from mayor. We now have moved into the month of April, so we're five months away from the primary, uh and about seven months away from the final election. Love to know how it's going, and if there's a couple of other issues that you'd like to highlight. Let's see if folks would like to join the conversation as well. We'll take you a couple of phone calls six one seven thirty or six one seven nine three one ten thirty. My name is Dan Ray. This is Nightside. We're talking with Boston Merrill candidate Josh Kraft, who has spent most of his life or virtually all of his life, in the private sector and has worked with a lot of great charities. He has not been a member of the the football side of the Craft family. He's decided to chart his own territory and has done a lot of work with boys and girls clubs. That's when I first met him, many many years ago. And he is offering himself as a candidate for mayor and we'll see, we'll talk about some of the questions. If you have a question for him, like to offer a comment, you more than welcome. Six months seven two thirty six months seven ninety coming right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Way Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: My guess this is Boston merriw candidate Josh Kraft. We did extend an invitation onto the Mayor's office this afternoon, and as always we tend not to get quick responses and sometimes don't get a response. That was the case this afternoon. So let's go to phone calls for Josh Craft. John in Braintree, Johnny, start us off tonight. Go right ahead. You're on the line with Josh Craft. Go ahead, John. Okay, Why don't we put John on hold if he's not.
Speaker 6: Hello, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you now?
Speaker 7: John?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, ll Hey, hi Josh, hi Dan, thanks to taking my call.
Speaker 2: John. Did you have US on did you have US on mute or something? I'm a little confused.
Speaker 6: I don't think so. I looked at I looked down and it wasn't on mute. No, it was weird, Okay, I did okay? At anyway, Hey, I got an interesting question that I hope you guys can help me answer. And Josh, we do appreciate all the work you've been doing with the philanthropy, with the charitable work. How is it okay for the all the cities across the country to get money to build stadiums? And I'll use the NFL in particular, but it's a billion billion dollar, you know, charitable organization allegedly, you know, the football is And how is it okay that they we give them unbelievable amounts of money to build their stadiums and it's not okay for them to do it with the high school and women's soccer.
Speaker 2: Football teams are not charitable organizations, John, this is Dan. Let me make that clear. Foot football teams are owned by individuals. It's not how is it that they get those tacks right off?
Speaker 6: There's some there's some kind of very drastic thing about them that they're they're not. I wish I could speak better. Usually, don't I think you're missing something on the Dan Well.
Speaker 3: I do know this, and I can just talk for my own family, and I usually don't bring up the family business. I know to that stadium was one hundred percent privately financed. There was no public money used to build the stadium. And my issue is not the city money, not that the city is paying because White Stadium didn't need to be fixed up. But there's a proposal for a third of what the city is paying to make it exclusively for high school use and public use. And I think that's just a better path, a more cost efficient path, and a better one usage for Boston public school kids, which is better.
Speaker 2: John. I hope that answers your question. John. I'll tell you that in other sections of the country.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, different political leaders make decisions to uh to to help finance a construction of a stadium venue because they look at it as as sort of an investment which.
Speaker 6: Will revenue generating, right.
Speaker 2: So so you know, they're not giving the money even in the worst case Sceneio, they're not giving the money away. Uh, they're they're floating a bond. And as they say, in the case of Gillette Stadium, there was no public money involved.
Speaker 6: But there are there are other stadiums that And isn't this going to be a revenue generating thing with a with a bringing in you know, I saw women's soccer. I mean, think of all the hotels that are can be the people that are coming and people come to see them. Wouldn't Why wouldn't that pick up that area in that area. When I was in high school we used to played and played in the band there. You know, I loved it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: First of all, I think that I don't know what you know. Again, this is not a question for Joshua. I'll just tell you that I don't know that a women's professional soccer team is going to draw. I think the seating capacity of the stadium would probably be around six thousand, and I don't think that it would be on the same schedule on the same scale say, you know, the Red Sox or the Patriots, or the Bruins or the Celtics for that matter. But what Josh's point is, if you listen to him carefully, is that the kids from bar will not be able to use that stadium from from late March. And of course you're not going to use a football stadium high school football stadium in December, January, February, or the winter months until early November at the earliest. So that's I hope we get got some of your questions answered. Appreciate you call, John, Thank you, you appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Guys, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Let me go next to Matt in Boston. Matt, you're next to a nice side with Josh Kraft.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Matt, great, Thanks a lot, guys, really appreciate the topic. Josh, you are a busy man. I've been following you on Facebook. You've been everywhere. Yeah, you know, Matt.
Speaker 3: It's just trying to get out and meet as many people as possible.
Speaker 10: That's great. Well, it's obvious. I had a question for you. I'm curious in the next four years, your four years are going to sort of echo the national four years. I was curious how you thought you could navigate Boston, the city of Boston, with you know, the the Trump administration. What your thoughts are about that?
Speaker 3: Thank man. Look, I'm always going to fight for Boston, the people of Boston. That's kinda that has been my priority in the community work I've done, and it will be my priority as mayor. And if that means fighting the federal government, Washington, d C, the Trump administration to do what is right for the people of Boston, I will always do that because they're my priority. And that's how I navigate. I put the people first, and you know, fight for whatever we need here in the city of Boston against the federal government to make it happen.
Speaker 2: The other thing, Matt, that you might think about is that Boston has done pretty well with a lot of mayors, you know, Kevin White and Ray Flynn, Marty Walsh and of course the late great Tom Andnino uh And they have been mayors through Republican administrations and Democratic administrations. And I suspect that Boston will always prosper because it's it's such an important economic engine of New England and for that matter, intellectual and medical capital of the world. Boston's never going to get short changed no matter who's mayor is. I don't think, Matt appreciate you, Carl, thank you.
Speaker 10: Great, Thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling here. Next up, Vinnie from East Boston. Vinnie, you were next on nightside. Say hi to Josh Craft, candidate for mayor.
Speaker 11: George, thank you for running for mayor.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Janny.
Speaker 2: Josh.
Speaker 11: I put up your signed last night with my neighbor. We put it up on Falcon Street in East Boston, the first sign underneath the lights. We can see it even in the night. You need to have people run your doing. I mean, I don't really know. I contacted the guy who was putting up the sign. He was on Bennington's Stein and they're not too old. You probably know him. He said, he's ten years working on Tom Andino. Then he says he went to Washington, now Washington, Hollywood. You know guy, I'm talking from Dodgester. We don't give somebody was he was putting them up at night. He gave me the sign, he said, But I said, the girl told me not to help Josh because you're a millionaire. The kids said, he's not a maionnaire, he's a bionaire. Does that matter to Boston? The status as a rich guy or a poor guy doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Well, look, then I've spent I made a conscious decision thirty five years ago not to work in my family business, and instead I committed to doing community work in the neighborhoods in and around Boston, and I did that for thirty five years. And I've always believed the phrase that if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life. And to me doing those thirty five years at community work, I never worked today in my life. And that's why I want to run for the mayor of Boston because in those thirty five years, I not only learned to love the city of Boston, I came to love the people of Boston, who I've learned so much for. And that's why I'm running for mayor because I feel like the city I love is headed in the wrong direction, whether housing being unaffordable, parents pulling the kids out of the schools at record rates, a fiscal lack of fiscal discipline at city Hall, and these are just a few of the reasons. And I've feel like my campaign it's not about political ideology. It's about getting things done for the people of Boston through political will and getting results for the citizens of Boston through bringing people together.
Speaker 11: So the Michelle Will people, they says Michelle has hot, Do you have hot to a good heart. That's a point. You have a good I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I don't know if I can answer that question. I do know I've done That's committed my life to community work and I'll always put the people I've worked with first, and I've always done that, and I want to see all people do well because success for everyone is my priority. Success for the city of Boston and for every citizen in Boston would always be my priority.
Speaker 2: I think that it's one of those questions that that you ask, uh I. I think he has a record of service, and I think it's up for people like you to decide who has a bigger heart and who wants to serve Boston. That's all. How you bike lane's doing over there, Benny, by the way, in East Boston. He got a few of those over there.
Speaker 11: I wish I could. I can't say what I'd like to do the people on the scooters and the bikes.
Speaker 2: No, No, you don't want to hurt anybody. I'm just wondering if you want.
Speaker 11: The road, well, you may want.
Speaker 2: You may want to think about that one. Vinnie, I gotta run, Thank you very much, appreciate the call. This is Dan Ray that's not Josh, Josh, I got full lines. I'd like to keep you if you wouldn't mind, because I think it's always good for you to hear from.
Speaker 3: Questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, let's uh, let's let's keep going. I got to take a news break at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 12: Here.
Speaker 2: My guess is Josh Kraft. We're coming back on Night's Side right after this.
Speaker 1: I'm bes Boston's news radio Bike, as.
Speaker 2: Is Josh Craft, candidate for mayor or Boss. Let me go to Sandra in in Boston. Sandra, you were next time Nightside. Welcome.
Speaker 7: Hi Dan, Can you hear me?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can hear you? Fine? And so can Josh Craft. He's listening. Go right ahead, Sander. What's your comment question?
Speaker 7: Well, I think it would be really good to get the kids outside more, particularly in winter, and I wish we could use our resources in the city better. And one of my things is the hockey pond along Storrow Drive, You know, the hockey pond alongside the Charles River this winter.
Speaker 2: What hockey are you talking about? Are you there's a hockey rink out at the far end of Brighton Is that the one you're talking about?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, I'm talking about what we call the hockey pond right along the Charles River, right along Star Drive.
Speaker 2: And bon are you talking about.
Speaker 7: The Yeah, it's called the hockey pond.
Speaker 2: Well, it may be called the hockey pond. I used to live on Beacon Street and I looked at that and there were many winters when it never froze over.
Speaker 7: But there are winters when it doesn't freeze over. But it did freeze over this winter, and I've always thought I've literally skated on it, and I think it would be wonderful to use resources we have in the city like that a little better.
Speaker 2: Well, as I'm sure Joss, that's that is not Boston property. That's DCR, that's it. That's that is part of the the Charles River area. So that's DCR part property, not City of Boston property. But hey, you know, there's a little bit of problem getting people down there. There's no parking on Charles on Storo Drive, which would make it easy for people to get to. But but I.
Speaker 7: Understand, I guess, I guess. My point is just that one hundred million dollars, it won't be one hundred million dollars that we put into this project. They can't build a bus shelter in this town, you know for that. You know it'll be seventy or eighty percent over budget. You know it, and I know it.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let Josh address that. I think he might he might agree with you, Sandra. Let's let's get let's hear from Josh on that. Josh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Yeah, thank you, Sandra. Sorry Dan to cut you off. Yeah, no, I agree, especially with the current trade war and the tariff situation that's going on now with President Trump, the costs are just going to balloon and go up, and we're going to be on the hook for a lot of money, well over one hundred million dollars, I'm sure. And yeah, money could be deployed elsewhere to engage not just kids, but improve school create access to housing, which is a new number one in the city.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I'm also sorry that they cut down all those trees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred and forty five trees.
Speaker 7: And if you live in that part of town, what sort of environmental program is that?
Speaker 2: Josh?
Speaker 9: Your question go ahead, Oh work, Well, I don't know, you know, one hundred and forty five trees that you know.
Speaker 3: Generations of families have enjoyed at the park, Franklin Park. It's it's terrible that they needed to be cut or had to be cut down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it certainly changes the entire environment those of us who have been to Franklin Park, and I'm sure you've been there, Sandra. You take one hundred and forty five trees out, and all of a sudden it becomes much more of a desert sort of feeling as opposed to an area that that families can go and enjoy and have picnic and spend some time, uh you know, under foliage in the summertime and get some protection from the heat.
Speaker 7: It's well right, and the whole Olmsted idea was to make it the city healthier.
Speaker 3: With trees.
Speaker 7: That was the Olmstead wanted to make it healthier.
Speaker 2: Sandra. Thank you. I got a whole bunch of calls and I'm going to try to get as many of them in as I can appreciate. It's always thanks and good and you know I'm a big hockey guy. So wherever we can find another place for kids to play hockey, I'm with you all the way. Thanks Andrew. Byeye, let me go next to Leo and Boston Leo. Next on Nice with Josh Kraft.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Leo, Hey, Dan, Dick's taking my call, and Josh, I want to say one thing is your family is a very nice family. Whether you get a penny or a trillion, they always talk to you with respect the first time they meet you. They always make it feel very welcome.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 14: I met a couple of your brothers, but I had a couple of questions on you might I touched it is one of the these bike and bus lanes from a crash reconstruction side of it. You know, these buses are swerving into the opposite Lanta Travel because these they put them out twenty five percent into the roadway and people are having a hot times. I've seen on Northeak a street just pulling out of their driveways and everyone has to stop. I don't know how you feel about those. I've heard rumors that you're looking into maybe getting rid of some of these protection lanes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, ready ahead, Josh. I was just to make sure you heard the question. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, I definitely heard the question.
Speaker 12: Leo.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the question. Thanks for your kind words. At the beginning, look over the last three years, the mayor has hastily laid down bus and bike lanes around the city with little community impact and no data or no long term studies on how to best lay them down the most efficient way. Since I announced my candidacy where I said I wanted to put a pause on bike lanes, she has all of a sudden changed her tune and has talked about doing an audit of the bike lanes and halting halting any new bike lanes while she audits the current bike lanes. Basically, she's adopted a lot of our speaking points from our announcement speech and my thoughts on the bike lanes. So I don't think in an election year that a lot of people are going to buy her sudden change. But really what these bike and bus lanes are an example of her inability to listen and hear people and take community feedback, especially community feedback that might be an opposition to what she thinks. And in the end, my feeling on bike lanes is we need to pause bike lanes, do the research, collect data and figure out the best way to lay them down safest way, and also the lanes that have the least impact on pedestrians and small businesses right, you know, I.
Speaker 14: Understand, and make it safe and find the right spot for the right for the right lanes. You got the awesome Brighton exit for the mass Pike off of Cambridge Street. There used to be five lanes there. Now they narrow it down to one. So in the mornings everyone's going you know, it was going ninety east and it's one language and they took they made the bike lane, that protection lane three lanes wide, and now all the cars on Cambra Street are funneling into one lane. And now the west lane is wide open, but you can't get there because it's all bortled necked up.
Speaker 2: You Leo, if you get a chance to take it right over to West Roxbury and try to drive down Center Street, Waffle they have like double.
Speaker 3: And I know they don't even pay through the roof.
Speaker 8: They don't even pay, Leo.
Speaker 2: I just want to ask Josh your question. Have you had a chance, Josh to get over in Sena Street in West Roxbury.
Speaker 3: Yes, a few times, and I know at least one or two businesses. I assume more are down fifteen percent uh because of the bike lines and the impact. So we have to find a way, you know, do the data, do the studies that has the least amount of impacts, you know, for pedestrians trying to move around the city, and of course small businesses, which are the heartbeat of all the neighborhoods of the city.
Speaker 14: No question, no, right right, I mean, I know they put down those wires like you see them put down for the for they do the data for the for the vehicles, for commercial motive vehicles, for regular vehicles, and they count the cars and the speeds of the cars. They should maybe somehow do that for the bike to see how much is being used compared to the vehicles. And you know, hey we'll share the roadway.
Speaker 8: But I mean, they.
Speaker 14: Shouldn't have thirty three percent of the roadway because coys can't even park on the roadway anymore.
Speaker 2: You got it, Leo. Appreciate your call. I got to run here. Okay, thank you guys. Have a good night. All right, thank you, Josh. I got a whole bunch of calls here. I know I didn't tell you would do an hour, but if you can stay for three more calls, I promise I'll let you go at about five minutes to ten. Is that is that a deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah that yeah, that that's fine. Okay, great man, no problem, I okay, more.
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely well. We got Ashley, Frank and George coming up. You guys stay there. We get a chance to talk with Josh Craft, who is running for mayor of Boston. And at the end we'll give you an opportunity, Josh, to tell people how they can get in touch with you if they'd like to help your campaign. We'll take a quick break. It's nine five. Coming up right after this quick commercial break. Here on Nightside More with Meyrill candidate Josh Kraft.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We're talking with Josh Kraft, candidate from mayor and Austin. Let's get right back to the calls. George is in Westwood. Georgerew next on Nisiger. Right ahead, you're on with Josh Craft.
Speaker 8: Hey, Dan, Hey Josh, I have a question for Josh. Right ahead, Josh, and and you reply to a previous callege, you're sauldn't going to be fighting for the people of Boston. Ice is targeting convicted criminals who may be located in the city of Boston. Are you going to be fighting for them too.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 3: I believe in the Trust Act, which was creating twenty eighteen by Mayor Walsh, and that directs be Boston Police to work with ICE agents and federal agents to remove and deport all federal criminal criminals. That's what I believe in. At the same time, I'm against the mass deportation plan of President Trump Secretary Homan. I think it's scary that people that are in the house, you know, in a house warship or in school can be rounded up and removed even though they have no connection to violent crime.
Speaker 2: So to be clear your in favor, let me just George, I want to make sure I understand Josh's position is that criminal aliens who ICE picks up and who have committed crimes, you're okay with getting them out of the country. What about with like MS thirteen gang members and Trent Deagua gang members? Is violent crime out of Venezuela. I don't know how you feel.
Speaker 3: Again, Yeah, No, I support and believe in the Trust Act that Marty Walson acted in twenty eighteen. That mandate directs be Boston Police to work with federal agents to remove violent criminals. So as far as I know MS thirteen those are violent criminals, but I don't you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they are, they're they're they're one of the most dangerous groups of criminals. And the US attorney in Boston who's been in my show, Leah Foley, they are doing a great job trying to find the people who are who are who are literally killing and raping, uh, you know, innocent people in Boston. So, George, uh, I think I understand the purpose of your question. I tend to agree with you, George, and I think Josh is also pretty much on the same page as as as you and I am.
Speaker 8: And absolutely Dan, I totally agree with Josh. We cannot take people that we probably know personally that will probably work with be taken away from our society. I totally agree with Jush on that I got one more little thing to bring up. He brought up tariffs. I believe tariffs. What the President did yesterday is an investment in America, and basically that doesn't really give an example. We may pay six dollars for our lackey. I don't lattes, Dan, but we do for a latte in Starbucks. But do you know how much the coffee grinds cost for that latte, they cost fifteen cents. Yeah, not fifteen cents. It's gonna go up to eighteen cents. So I don't think Starbucks is gonna change their price on the alattes if they cost close up three cents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bas they might blame they might blame that on that. I'm a I'm a Duncan guy. I don't know about Josh.
Speaker 3: I was speaking in tariffs and reference to material raw building materials for White Stadium Rini project.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, Okay, I'm a Duncan guy. I don't know about Josh, but.
Speaker 6: You are.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well that's good. I mean, if you live in New England or live in Boston, you gotta love Duncan's, that's for sure. Seattle's okay for Starbucks, but it's dunk in his Boston.
Speaker 8: Hey, George, I'm a Duncan's guy too. I'm a Dunkist guy too. But I might Duncan at the supermarket and I make it at home.
Speaker 2: Too, That's exactly what I do. George. Okay, thank you, all right, thank you. Let's go to Ashley in Roxbury. Hi, Ashley, welcome. You're all with Josh.
Speaker 13: Kraft Hi, Dan, Hi, mister Kraft.
Speaker 14: How are you.
Speaker 2: We're doing great?
Speaker 12: Great?
Speaker 14: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 13: I was just calling a dear I've been on here a few times. Then my son Damien was murdered down on.
Speaker 3: Mass av Yes, I know you and.
Speaker 14: S thank you, thank you.
Speaker 13: So I've heard a lot about like I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but a dear friend of mine that I met through my grief down on mass As is a man named Domingos ter Rosa is. Yes, yes he is, and this is his fourth time running and he hasn't even I'm on this show. Have all the mayoral candidates been invited to be on your show like this?
Speaker 2: Eventually they will, Lastly, eventually they will. I think that you know Domingo or any candidates. It's easy to say you're a candidate, but we like to make sure that people have shown him so well the one that they're a candidate, and that they're going to be a serious candidate.
Speaker 14: If candidate, yeah, okay, we'll have him.
Speaker 2: Have him contact me. I've had him on my show several times, particularly when he was working with the kids in youth football and they had problems with hypodermic needles over in the football field, so I know Domingo very well. Have him give me a call. Thanks, Ashley, I'm glad you mentioned I done, But well, go ahead if you got a quick question.
Speaker 13: Just a question, So what specifically, if you become mayor, mister Kross, what are you going to do about the fact that there are people right now getting stabbed in a two block of our city?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 13: And and I don't understand why, you know, we're talking about ice as ands and stuff, but what about just regular cops being able to handle the level of violence down there? And what what you would do specifically about it?
Speaker 2: Good questions? Go ahead, Josh oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I would work with the police and take the lead on the police and the community folks to understand, you know, when is it the worst? You know what, what are the peak times? How can we best work together to solve the problem and make the area safe? And I'm a firm believer in the police, and without without high quality public safety, folks, we don't have a city at all. And I would take follow the police's lead on how how they both how they best think the problem could be solved, and I would support them to do their job.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you for that question as well. I would like to get one more in. Okay, thanks Ashley, Yeah, thank you, all right, good night, all right, last call for Josh Craft. Frank Is in Boston. Frank, you're next to a nice that with Josh Kraft. Go right ahead. You got about a minute and a half or so.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, Okay, here, let me the Craft. What what's your idea? Pretty good? What's your what's your idea on replacing the stadium down there at the White Stadium? And also, how do you what would you do about the proposed bus lane going down Blue the Avenue that a lot of people in that community oppose.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's take the stadium first. I think I know what Josh first is.
Speaker 3: Look, I think that one hundred million dollars spent on a project that primarily benefits a private entity when there's a proposal for a third that cost that would be one hundred percent for Boston public school kids and families to use the park is a better alternative. And I feel like one hundred million dollars committed to that project the benefits of private entity is just way too much money to be spending. And plus there's been pretty vocal and consistent, uh, community backlash against the project that has not really been heard.
Speaker 2: About.
Speaker 3: The other question about the busson, I'll have I would I would follow the community's lead on that. If it's something they were opposed to, then I wouldn't want it to then I would fight with them not to make so it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: All right, Josh, how can folks get in touch with your campaign? What is the website whatever?
Speaker 3: Josh for Boston, Thank you, Dan, Josh for Boston dot Com. And there's we'd love volunteers, we'd love support in any way shape or form. Get our signs out, and if you go to the website you can there's different ways to get involved. And of course, the momentum in response we've gotten throughout a bunch of neighborhoods, all the neighborhoods in the city has been great and we want to keep that up. And appreciate anyone's support of my campaign.
Speaker 2: All right, Josh, appreciate your time today, and I know that these days tend to be long days, and appreciate you taking the time talking to my listeners. Josh Josh from Boston dot COM's the website You're more than welcome. Josh. We'll talk again. Thank you so much, have you too, Bye bye. When we get back, we're going to talk about tariffs, and we're going to talk with a professor who teaches at the teacher professor who teaches at the Boston University School of Business. Back on Nightside. He's been a guest before. You'll enjoy him.