Speaker 1: Ripped of.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 1: You need it, that's who you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as you can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come MANX is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three Talk is the talk number in the studio. But there's another number I want you to know about. In fact, I want you to spread it far and wide. Three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four sixty six. And that number is good because if you don't get us live, you get voicemail. And unlike most voicemail in the world, this voicemail is actually monitored and we call you back so you can be on any show at any time by just calling.
Speaker 1: You don't have to wait. At that moment.
Speaker 2: You call and leave your message, you're in the queue and we will call you back. We listen to each and every message. Now, it's nice if you leave your phone number up front, so we don't have to go back and forth with that. Today we have John Fuller in the studio with us, as I see, and I affectionately refer.
Speaker 1: To him as the Bench, and.
Speaker 2: That's an affectionate term by the way, and it's really a valuable term.
Speaker 1: The bench.
Speaker 2: And when Mark and I can't do the show, our third string, our bench, and I mean that again in a good way. John fills in aptly and he knows the show inside out. He's been with me for so many years. Welcome John, Thank you for being here. Appreciated. Thank And this is a funny trivia. I don't know how it happened, but John was the very first one I communicated without out of surgery. I don't know how it happened, John, I don't know if I texted you or you texted me, but somehow we got into this long text message late at night.
Speaker 6: No, it was early in the morning. It was like five in the morning and I get a text and that's why, who the heck is texting me at five in the morning. And I was on an airplane at that time. So yeah, it was a probably for half an hour or so.
Speaker 2: And it was the first one, no, the first interaction I had. And it was like on and on and we were talking about all kinds of cool stuff. I was like sitting there, you know, and like you that's right, I say, late at night, but early in the morning. You know, it's all melts in together. So it was like no nowhere land, nobody was around. I'm in my bed all alone, and I'm out of the surgery feeling really good.
Speaker 1: Of course that had been after the.
Speaker 2: Recovery and all that, and I was in the room in the intensive care room, and somehow something came up where we started texting each other and it was not just texting about me, but I mean we were texting about like things, which was really cool.
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 2: People, when when when you wonder, what do you talk about or what do you do if you want to give somebody well wishes or tune in on them and see what they're doing.
Speaker 1: The answer is nothing special.
Speaker 2: They just want to be part of life, right, Okay, we all want to be part of life.
Speaker 1: Okay, so welcome John and John.
Speaker 2: Is there anything really new under the sun with personal injury? I mean personal injury is we're pounded over the head with it and we should be. I mean, people, you know what's really funny is time after time after time, we say do this, do this, do this, don't do this, don't do this, don't do this, And as soon as something happens to you, you wonder you wonder what should I do?
Speaker 1: The very first thing you say, what should I do? And I just.
Speaker 6: You know, the the bottom line is that nobody ever really plans to be in an act accident. Nobody sits back and says, you know, honey, what let's talk about what we're going to do if one of us ever gets in a car accident? And and why would you? I mean, that's just not a conversation that people have. So when it happens to them, it's all brand new, and people make the decisions that seem right at the time, and sometimes they are and sometimes they're not. My job, My business is like hurting cats. I mean, they don't all run in the same direction at the same time, and it's not always the same cat that gets out of line and runs in the wrong direction. And so, you know, if it's if it's one insurance company you know today that's that's come up with some really novel theory of how to screw people over. We you know, we adapt and we respond and we prevail or you know, whatever we can do to get on top of that. And then once that's run its course, then it's somebody else that comes up with some other new novel theory of how to screw people over and so you know, know, you never know where you're going to be in that cycle when when it happens to you. And so what we really bring to the table is just we are on the cutting edge of it. We do know the bad players, and we know who's acting, you know, acting out at this juncture, and we're able to jump in there and hopefully do some good and and you know, avoid mistakes being made.
Speaker 2: Okay, So one thing I said I wanted to do today for my show I was when I was laying around thinking what do I want to do? I want I wanted to do what I called a simple day. And that doesn't mean you can't call with any problem, question or a complaint. You can call we We've helped people out of all kinds of problems. But a simple day meaning questions you're almost afraid to ask.
Speaker 1: They're so simple.
Speaker 2: I mean, like just when it comes to personal injury, not just personal injury, but anything we talk about on the show. Sometimes things are just so basic you wonder did they think about that?
Speaker 1: Or are you afraid to ask?
Speaker 2: Have you ever been in a conversation where something is bantered about a topic, a phrase, a word, and you really, deep down inside you don't really have a full understanding of what it is, and you almost feel like it's too late to stop the conversation and go backwards.
Speaker 1: But how do you catch up? Now?
Speaker 2: I do a pretty good job of observing and backfilling and trying to catch up as I go, But there are some cases where I just wish I would stop and say, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll tell you what the last I mean. It happens all the.
Speaker 2: Time to me in a little ways, big ways, and it happens to all of us. But one of the things I can think about, and I don't recall exactly when it happened, but this idea of a blockchain. Okay, we've heard of blockchains, and they keep talking about blockchains when it comes to crypto, and we all have our idea of what blockchain is. Everyone does, I mean, But if you go into our official intelligence or something to ask for.
Speaker 1: A basic explanation, you'll get it.
Speaker 2: But even when things I don't know if this happens to you, When things are explained to you, sometimes they still don't make complete sense. And some people just assume you know certain things and therefore it'll all make sense to you. Does that happen to you, John, where things just don't necessarily make sense even when they.
Speaker 1: Try to explain it.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had concepts you find very very very difficult to comprehend.
Speaker 7: I have.
Speaker 1: I haven't, and I misunderstood I think what I was saying.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I mean certainly, I you know, you got to keep an open mind, and you got to learn all the time. You got to learn new stuff all the time. So I'm certainly not you know, I certainly haven't learned everything. There's always stuff that comes up that you have to say, what the heck is that?
Speaker 2: Now, when it comes to crypto, I am really really on the outside. Now I understand, I understand the gen and we've all dabbled in a little. But here's my general understanding. There's a finite number of let's say, bitcoins that after which can never be mined, a finite number. I don't know if we reach the number or not, but there's a finite number, so that I know that that gives it some value because they're not going to make anymore, or so we're told. And within that finite number, people have mined, people have traded, people have purchased. There's different ways to get it. And this is where I get confused. When you buy a bitcoin or a portion of a bitcoin, you're buying this commodity, this currency, and it is the way they prove it is not fraudulent and someone just didn't print it in their basement or make up a number, is through this series of calculations that go back in its hereditage. In its heritage. In other words, each coin has a heredity chain, like like a show horse. I mean, you go back to this coin came from here, which came from here, which came from here, which came from here, and and it literally has this now and again I'm guessing they have this blockchain of transactions that serve as a fingerprint for that crypto and and it marked.
Speaker 1: Is that how you understand it?
Speaker 8: I don't know, man, To be quite honest, I just don't get it. I honestly, I honestly just don't. I just don't get I'll tell you this. It's made a lot of people rich as hell though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Mark, I know it has and and you're like I am. We have an overall view of it. But getting down into the weeds. So oh if any And by the way, when we have our simple day today, and I like having a simple day, I invite any and all people to call with.
Speaker 1: Either questions or knowledge.
Speaker 2: For example, I would love someone to be able to call right now and give a very elementary view of crypto. We know it is a valuable coin and a limited commodity coin. We know it's currency, But how would I know looking at a blockchain? How would I know if somebody's selling me a real crypto coin or not.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how I would evaluate it. Again.
Speaker 2: You know, people might say, well, how do you evaluate stock? You know, some of it's just trust. You go to a stockhouse or to a you know, a stock exchange and you know that they're dealing in good stock. So a certain amount is trust. And that's true. By the way, we're not just talking simpletons today. We're talking any thing you want in your life.
Speaker 1: You know. That's what I love about this show.
Speaker 2: It's truly the only talk show where we're not pushing an agenda. Now, we're not going to let BS get by without at least challenging it, but we're not pushing anything. We're trying to discern as much information as possible on all kinds of topics. Plus, we're trying to help people directly where we actually get involved in cases and we actually solve them. If we can money, I can help people, all part of an effort I started more than fifty years ago. I was just a young kid, uh getting out of college and uh, of course forty five years of those in Denver three oh three seven to one three talk or call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check cup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: My God, is that loud?
Speaker 2: Three o three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. It should be loud that we're talking about water and waterpros dot net.
Speaker 1: Listen now they're saying in the fish.
Speaker 2: And in the fish and wildlife area, they're saying, if you're fishing out in mountain ponds, mountain ponds and lakes chatfields, they call it.
Speaker 1: More or or mark.
Speaker 2: Even up in the mountains they have found in the fish plastics. I mean, I don't understand how this happens. When you're up in a mountain, lake or stream or pond microplastics. Are they in the air or something, and then they get into the clouds, into the rain and then back into our fresh water. But all kitting aside water. If by bottled water, you're not necessarily getting safe water. The only way to do safe order is to process it in your home, process it right at the point of use, and no municipality can do that for homeowners. Homeowners, eventually, I think water systems in your home will be as common as a toilet.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we take for.
Speaker 2: Granted we have a toilet in our home, okay, and what else do we have a faucet?
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to have treatment for water.
Speaker 2: If we care about our health and especially with our children, you know the waterpros dot net.
Speaker 8: A lot of states already have that. I mean, I just got back from Nebraska. There's like not a hotel or a house or anything that doesn't have some form of at least a softener, if not something more.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: And those softeners scores do more than just soften. They now soften is very important. But what you want to get out. You want to get chlorine out, you want to get forever chemicals out, You want to get the hardness out, and then you want to put some good stuff in possibly or just have pure, wonderful water. And and you know Paul is doing this whole house system for forty I believe it's forty nine ninety four thirty nine ninety five. It's it's the most incredible price you've ever seen. No matter what, no matter what system he has, the price is going to be better than anywhere you can find three zero three eight six two five five five four If nothing more, get drinking water at the kitchen sink only twelve hundred bucks with triple filter reverse osmosis. I can't stress this enough, Okay, I really mean this. So I believe in life, and then look at me preaching you know here I have, I'm zapped with cancer, and I'm preaching about health and and you know, I believe it's truly important to supplement your diet with supplements of some kind. Our diets are never going to give us one hundred percent of what we need. Supplementation and good water, those are the two essentials going into your body. Of course, then you want good food, right, a good diet, and then after that you should move around a bit. And you know, exercise doesn't mean necessarily killing yourself. In the Blue Zone, that documentary they did about longevity, they found people who are just casually moving during the day, just casually walking or going upstairs, sitting down, standing up, getting in and out.
Speaker 1: Of vehicles, all of that.
Speaker 2: All of that was as good as vigorous exercising, which is pretty cool. Three three seven one three talk is our number seven one three eight two five five. So when we were talking about simple things are complicated things made simple today, I wanted to have a kind of dummy day to talk about things. And I'm asking people if you know about crypto and can explain it, not just know about it, but truly explain it. Because Deputy Dog told me he was going to explain it one day and he says, well, you got these coins that represent you know, oh, commodity, a denomination, and then their check through blockchains.
Speaker 1: That's what he said. That was his explanation.
Speaker 2: And then I asked them what a blockchain is, and how can you tie a certain pedigree to.
Speaker 1: A particular bitcoin?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean they may tell you this bitcoin is point zero zero zero zero one or whatever, you know, and then how do I know that's true. I'm just shocked there are not more ripoffs. I mean there are a lot of you. Mark, remember the one guy that said he'd been investing for ten years and one day he woke up.
Speaker 1: And there was zero in his wallet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you never know how true those stories are, but yes I do remember that call.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, you're right, you don't know how t stories are, but you do know that there are a lot of ways, well.
Speaker 8: Some people to be taken. It wasn't I think it was in New York. I think it was in New York last week. Some guy was like held and tortured for like seventeen days. Yeah, for like two or three weeks to get his uh authentication for his bitcoin, and somehow he escaped out the front door or something. I mean, it was a wild story story. I want to know this.
Speaker 1: How many.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many people have actually cashed out? I mean I hear about people buying and their their pockets growing and their wallets growing, But how many people have actually cashed out of their wallet? Is it a difficult thing to do? Is it easy? Can I get cash this afternoon?
Speaker 1: Or do I have to wait? Really?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I would love to talk to somebody truly, truly adept in crypto. And I don't know if we might my listener base our listener base mark may not have people who dabble in that. We may have more of a conventional investor. You know, crypto funds are pretty safe if you if you if you trust the ETF, the exchange traded fund, not the ETF, but the ETF administration, the people who have put together funds before like this, and they put together a crypto fund, I think you can assume that they have developed some kind of strategy to look into this and to see that at least this fund has some functionality and performance they can track and pay out on and again, whether they use it as the actual benchmark or do they actually use it as the investment.
Speaker 1: Two ways you can have funds.
Speaker 2: People keep this in mind, you're investing in the actual fund itself, and if it's like a bitcoin fund, they would own parts of bitcoins, or if it's a stock fund, they would own parts of stocks. But others are index funds where you're just tracking an index of something and it pays accordingly. So there are all kinds of ways to get into bitcoin. Again, it scares the hell out of me. It just absolutely does. And I think something that has always scared me and why I've become a jack of all trades when it came to consumerism is I don't like when I don't understand something, and I fully do not understand bitcoin and where it started. I read the the white paper that supposedly and if if you're tuning in and thinking, wow, I don't know about that, or you're rolling your eyes, roll your eyes with me, let's find out. I want some real dummy answers for my dummy questions. The very first bitcoin wasn't there this guy who said he launched he wrote this very long scholarly paper on currency, and he met bitcoin to be.
Speaker 1: A full fledged fiat currency.
Speaker 2: And do you think, I want to know something, do you think the US dollar.
Speaker 1: Will ever go away as the world's beacon of value? No matter how we look at it, the dollar is.
Speaker 4: Not in our life leap.
Speaker 8: So you think it's going to be the beacon of our It's going to be what energy is traded in oil?
Speaker 2: So so you're saying that oil sets the standard, not gold.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'd say energy sets it absolutely, But it already is not being traded in dollars very I mean maybe out of Iran or some other places, but in general, especially up until this thing with Putin, pretty much it was. But I agree with you some of it's not, but most of the free world it is.
Speaker 2: And you know, if you look at every major war, it was precipitated, or every major war over in that area of the world, it was precipitated by someone or some power trying to usurp the dollar on the oil bourst or the oil market.
Speaker 1: It was they tried to substitute it, and that happened.
Speaker 2: Isn't that what the you know, the weapons of mass destruction, except the weapons of mass destruction we went after were the weapons trying to destroy the oil market with US.
Speaker 1: But what people say that was the real.
Speaker 2: Reason we did the we did the invasion was to protect the dollar in the oil market.
Speaker 1: So John Fuller, you chimed in there.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that all oil markets or most of them are based on the US dollar?
Speaker 6: Well, most of them are, I mean quantitatively, most of them are. But I think the Saudi has agreed to start denominating the oil sales in Russian was it rubles or they were doing like last year about about a year ago, and yeah, and that's huge. I mean that's never before happened. And so when you've got multiple currencies that are selling the same product, it gives people the ability to you know, to hedge on on those different currencies and stuff. And I mean the problem with the dollar is we just keep printing it, you know, we just keep printing money, and the debt goes up and up and up, and we just keep on printing dollars. And so the argument about bitcoin is that there's a finite number of those deals and and so there's scarcity and stuff. I mean, I mean, there's some good things about about bitcoin as compared to traditional currencies, but in my mind, it's not a currency.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's it's just not a currency.
Speaker 1: And so in what way, John, in what way is it not a currency?
Speaker 6: A currency has the full credit and backing of some you know, sovereign entity that's that's backing it up. I mean a dollar or ruble or whatever. But but bitcoin does not. It has no central really central administration. I mean, it's like the Warren Buffett task. Can you drop it.
Speaker 4: On your foot? And you know, and you just can't.
Speaker 6: I mean there's there's some really really smart people that say not no, but never are we going to invest in bitcoin? And and you know, it's it's appealing as you see it go up and up, but there's just there's just nothing there.
Speaker 4: It's like it.
Speaker 6: And I mean it might yeah, at least with the stock. You know, it's it's it's partial ownership or the company. It's based on the earnings, it's based on the projections. You know, we we know what the price of a stock is based upon, but you can't really tell me what the the you know, what is the difference between a bitcoin at eighty thousand and a bitcoin at one hundred.
Speaker 4: Nothing? You know, there's no increase in earnings, no increase in here.
Speaker 2: Here's what I want to ask. This is something that always confused me. They say the US dollar is a fiat currency. Now, now, by the way, for those listening again, let's this is the dummy show. And I mean that affectionately. So what does fiat actually mean? Fiat means a fiat currency. I'm gonna make it really dumb. A fiat currency is a currency that has no value unto itself. Like a piece of gold. It is not considered valuable. It's a piece of paper, or it's a minted coin. And it is a currency that is given value by an entity.
Speaker 1: It does have. It has no intrinsic value. So are you. But here's what's weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, the value is maintained by by central banks, interest rates, money supply and all of that. But but John, this is and I say, John Mark Kenchimeman, of course, but John with the with how can we call our money fiat? And yet we also have Fort Knox. That's the part I don't understand. Are we value based or are we fiod?
Speaker 6: Tom Mark, go ahead, well, Tom, or not backed by the gold standard anymore?
Speaker 4: Fort Knox? And John's got a point.
Speaker 6: We just keep printing more and more of it, and our dollar becomes less even though it used to be the backbone of international trade after World War Two. I think that, you know, if you really do the research on it, I mean, we're not we're not backed with Fort Knox. I mean we haven't been in umpteen years, maybe my whole lifetime, and and so, but if you read you know, you read about currency wars, and you read about currency evaluation and stuff, and you you get into you know, how manipulated the currency markets are and and and how that plays into just global economics. It's frightening, you know, it's frightening how how one country that decides to devalue the currency can just send ripples through the rest of the globe. It's not it's not just you know how much gold is in Fort Knox anymore.
Speaker 4: That's why China is so hard to do.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what I want to know. Why do we have the Golden Fort? And what why do we have it?
Speaker 4: Many people don't think we do. There may have been go for it out, you know, Why do we have.
Speaker 6: A strategic oil reserve that I think may very well be empty right now? Yeah that got completed, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so, but these are quick.
Speaker 6: See here's back by the full faith and credit. It's back by a promise. It's a case, it's back by our military. Let's just face what it is. It's a promise, you know. That's that's all it is. Maybe that promise is policed by the by the military, but it's just a promise. It's not an asset based valuation.
Speaker 8: Think about what it is though, even like a Rembrandt or some who values something like that, who says, hey, that painting's worth ten million dollars, I mean, that's just insane.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, all right.
Speaker 2: By the way, speaking of value, if you want to compare your insurance rates to what you should be paying or could be paying, or maybe you're paying the best, it's a free insurance check up. It's totally on bias. I'm honest to god, truthful assessment. The Insurance Healthcenter dot com three oh three.
Speaker 1: Nine nine six nine thousand.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 1: Find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. John Fullers Today, John Fullers with us today personallyjusio dot com. He's orcall Fuller dot com. He's going to chime in on each and everything, not just personal injury. So give us a call.
Speaker 1: Todd.
Speaker 2: We've been talking about, by the way, crypto, but it just crypto is just a way of leading into other topics. By the way, So I wanted to tell people were open for everything. So Todd's talking about a public defender. Go ahead, Todd, tell us your story.
Speaker 7: Hi Tom, How are you doing John?
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 7: I live up here in Well County, Epan Greeley and was in an incident in yeah, November twelfth, And is sub a defender?
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 2: You got to you gotta do more. You got to do more than say an incident. So so you may as well tell us November twelfth.
Speaker 7: What happened? He came home and he has bipolar, ADHD, autism, all those spectrums. He got in a fight with my wife and she called the police. The police came to our house. Then he was subdued after about thirty minutes. I got home and the police would not tase him, even though I told him to many times, but they gave him ample warning. He hit a few officers. They finally brought him out. He was in flight fight mode because of his mental disabilities.
Speaker 9: They took him away.
Speaker 7: He sat in Well County Jail from November twelfth to just recently, and now he's being moved to a halfway house.
Speaker 9: Moved to a halfway house.
Speaker 7: His public defender, my son's been trying to reach him for three and a half weeks. I've been trying for three.
Speaker 1: How long it was not?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 1: You said, you said this thing had at twelve.
Speaker 2: Me. There's a lot of time that went in between there. November twelfth, December twelfth, January twelfth, February twelfth, March.
Speaker 1: Twelfth, Where are we right now? Why you go?
Speaker 2: From November twelfth that he was taken into custody till now what happened in between?
Speaker 7: So every month he would have a court date court and in those court dates the DA would he and hall round and his public offender would and so it would be moved to the next month, then the next month, then the next month. Well last month he finally had a court date and they found him guilty. He found him then of the six years at the halfway.
Speaker 1: House, at the half way what was he guilty of?
Speaker 7: Uh, disorderly conduct and battery of a police.
Speaker 9: Officer police officer.
Speaker 7: And then one of my things was he was so was.
Speaker 2: He charged, see sentenced to like a probation? Was it kind of like a probation?
Speaker 7: No, No, it'd be a halfway house where you can go and work and be released. We were hoping for probation, but that's what is public defender made us to believe that that's what we were going for.
Speaker 4: Are you trying to are you John Fuller? Are you John Fuller? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Are you describing concre Is that what he got sentenced to?
Speaker 7: It's a halfway house correction?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so he's John.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you something?
Speaker 2: Do they do they take into.
Speaker 1: Consideration mental health? Of course, when it comes to this kind yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is a horrible story, but yes, of course they do.
Speaker 10: Yes, And I would like to have someone look at that, because the judge was not he was not fully com He did not say I don't believe that. I don't believe that he is fully mentally disabled. And the first prosecute or the first public public defender, was trying to.
Speaker 2: Get go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven three two five five. Okay, so Todd, let's get right to it because we're going to continue this.
Speaker 1: Your son was arrested and convicted.
Speaker 2: Bottom line, he's he's sentenced to a halfway house.
Speaker 1: What is your.
Speaker 7: Issue, Well, my issue is the public defenders will not call him back or us back.
Speaker 9: And it's been.
Speaker 8: Okay, and what communicated, isn't it already over?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's good question, Mark, Yes, so yeah, he's going to the halfway house.
Speaker 7: But we don't know anything about that. And I would like to see if you can heal the case or not, because the judge really never took into consideration his mental health, nor did the public defender.
Speaker 10: And it seemed like the judge was he did call the cops some names.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 7: This is part of his problem. He has some disabilities, and he has some friends that are black.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes the disability, but sometimes the disability is being smooth.
Speaker 1: I'm not making fun of him.
Speaker 10: All.
Speaker 2: Let's let's exact exactly what you need so we don't schleft this under the rug. Let's do that right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Leave time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Ript News need so.
Speaker 8: You don't have.
Speaker 4: Come run anxiousness. As we can, Shooter's gonna help come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martine, Tom Martino here, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Forty five years going strong. Thank God for my health.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it all, and I want to solve your problems, answer your questions, take your complaints.
Speaker 1: I wanted to make a day where we could have people call in with dumb down questions.
Speaker 2: We don't have that many, but there are many days I have emails, and I should keep them to enter them because so many times I think we hear discussions online starts with maybe social media, and people start discussing things without knowing the bottom line, without knowing what they're doing. And I think one of the great examples today is crypto.
Speaker 1: I mean I talk to people that don't know they're asked.
Speaker 2: From a bump in the road and they you know, they're talking about investing in crypto and they don't even know what a certificate of to pause a savings deposit is. I mean, it's so crazy how we go ahea head and base our decisions on what we hear others say.
Speaker 1: Now, there's nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: With that, I guess, if you can trust those others. But can you imagine when you amass an income in life.
Speaker 1: Very seldom can you get rich off of that or build wealth from it, but you can have.
Speaker 2: A little extra money set aside that will grow and eventually at least be what's called a security blanket of some sort. Again, though you need to be really judicious and careful on what you do with it. One thing that I've hated about the investment industry in general, just hate it is the appropriateness of investments and where a person benefiting from you getting the investment places you in that investment when it's not the best for you. It might be a great investment, but not necessarily the best for you at.
Speaker 1: That time in your life. Now it's not necessarily going to.
Speaker 2: Do you any harm, but it's not the optimum investment for you at that time.
Speaker 1: And we have too much of that going around in general.
Speaker 2: In the financial business, what's called inappropriateness, where the investment advisor or the person selling you something is selling it to you and it really shouldn't.
Speaker 1: It's not the best thing in the world for you.
Speaker 2: Very little out now fraud, which is good news, very little out now fraud. They push you to something and in their opinion, it's the best thing.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing.
Speaker 2: I want you to ask yourself questions always when you invest.
Speaker 1: What are they getting in return? What do you get? And what are you missing out on?
Speaker 2: You see, there's a few kinds of costs you calculate with an investment. Even if you have a guaranteed investment, if that guaranteed investment puts limits on you, then you are limited to your upside potential.
Speaker 1: And really, for ninety eight percent of the.
Speaker 2: Investors that's not a bad idea because they don't know what they're doing anyway. So it's okay to limit your upside potential if you're pretty safe, and if you are really safe and secure. Again, safety and security, there's a lot to be said about that. A lot to be said about safety and security. Let's move on to another topic. Somebody asks about they wanted to know about being charged with a crime. John Fuller's dabbled in all.
Speaker 1: Kinds of law.
Speaker 2: He's a personal injury attorney. But John, somebody wants to know. And I'm going to go back to this public defender thing, but somebody wants to know.
Speaker 1: Is it a good theory. They've been looking at it on.
Speaker 2: YouTube and they were recently in a situation, and the overall theory or philosophy is, do not talk to police period. Now they're not talking about if you're guilty or if you're innocent. They're talking about in all cases, when you're at the scene of a crime.
Speaker 1: And police roll up, or you're caught.
Speaker 2: In some kind of a investigation of some kind. Now we're not talking guilt or innocence. We're talking about a situation. Never talk to police. Have you heard of that, John. It's all over social media and the internet on how you never talk to police because they will never ever, ever, ever ever.
Speaker 1: Look to clear you. That's not what they're doing.
Speaker 6: I you know, listen, the police have a job to do this, okay. The police are trying to investigate. The police are trying to get information, and some of that information may be used to prosecute you for a crime, you have a right to remain silent. It may very well be in your best interest to do that, but in fact it isn't your best interest to do that.
Speaker 4: However, I'm not going to say that.
Speaker 6: I think you should just be completely mute and not ever answer anything to anybody.
Speaker 4: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: I mean, I just I think that's very hard to come up with a blanket rule that says you shall never talk to a police officer. Ever, you know, if you're potentially fixing to get charged with something, you might think strongly about exercising your right to remain silent.
Speaker 1: Somebody gave an example where.
Speaker 2: Somebody gave an example where they asked him what time he got there, and he said it was somewhere around seven, and then later on it turned out that he had gotten there much earlier, and they used that to discredit him and to build other things around it. And that was one of the things they brought up immediately. And the way they put it in the report was he lied about the time he arrived.
Speaker 8: But if he was being accused of something, you hire an attorney.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: I understand this was before this was like in the very beginning, when.
Speaker 8: He was under any circumstance. If I thought an officer was questioning me because they thought I did something, I wouldn't say a word. I would hire an attorney.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Todd, let's go back to him. You know, look at Todd. I appreciate you advocating for your mentally ill son.
Speaker 1: But Todd, Tod, I just caution you.
Speaker 2: I don't know you from Adam, and I'm not saying this is happening to you, but many times people are using mental disability as a crutch and an excuse. Prior to this incident, was he diagnosed and is he in treatment or on medication?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's on five pills and he's been diagnosed since he was three because we had him. His fourth parents were both Mets heads and did cocaine, met marijuana, and basically he was really never supposed to walk, talk, or see. But yeah, he met his mouse later on in life, in you know, first second grade, that's where it all came out. And yeah, he's been on ips, he takes medication.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is the actual conviction right now?
Speaker 7: Attempt I won't ever talk to me, but.
Speaker 6: You don't have to talk to the PD to know what he was convicted of. That's public record, so was he. I mean, you can look that up on the DC website and see exactly what he was convicted of. You said it was attempted assault on a peace officer or something along those lines. That must have been the felony.
Speaker 7: It was assault on a police officer, and I warrant saying. There was the other thing they would not, you know, the Zoom meetings. They said he didn't show up to court one day, but I was at home with them. We sat for three and a half hours. They never called his name, and so that was he had a warrant out for his arrest on that one. Okay, so but the DA and his prosecutor or the public defender would never look into that. Yeah, I was at home.
Speaker 4: So and they're like nope, So.
Speaker 6: Todd, what are you? What are you trying to accomplish today? How can we help you? Where are you trying to go with this appealing the conviction or what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 7: That and I want to know, is there some way I can talk to these public defenders that never.
Speaker 1: See and this is this is what he keeps he brought this up.
Speaker 2: Now I counted, this is the sixteenth time, he said, the public defender will not talk to him. Todd, the public defender will not talk to you and does not have to talk to you, and has no relationship with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but even.
Speaker 7: Though Robert has given them their consent to talk to his dad or mom.
Speaker 2: But what are you going to talk about that's not in record.
Speaker 7: Well, I want to know why they didn't bring up his mental health. Why the judge said racism on Bradford when the I was like, well, I was a victim of racism way back in my day, so I don't tolerate that. So I'm going to also fight you with racism. So I want to know why.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what that means. Don't we don't have a charge that race that I doubt.
Speaker 2: I doubt there was a statement where the judge said I was a victim of racism, so I'm going to get you with racism. I, in fact, I will emphatically say that was never said.
Speaker 7: Well, the judge said he was a victim of racism way back when, and I was like, Bradford even my son that I don't think he can use that. I I think that is questionable there.
Speaker 6: Okay, So listen, let's kind of net this out. I mean, when your son is an adult, is that right? Or is he a minor?
Speaker 1: Yes, he's an adult.
Speaker 6: He's an adult, So that that kind of tells you exactly what's going on here. You know, the the attorney that represented your son is representing an adul and even if he consents, there's still limited stuff that he can talk about without breaking attorney client privilege. There's nothing that was done in this case. It didn't create a transcript as far as the trial and the sentencing and everything else goes. I promise you they did a pre sentenced investigation unless there was a plea and a stipulated sentence, And even then they would have done the PSI, which is when they would have gotten deeply into your son's mental health and what was going on his entire history, the whole nine yards, and the judge would have been informed of that at the time of sentencing by the pre sentence investigation. That will be part of the file. Now, he does have a right to appeal. Every defendant that's been convicted of a crime has a right to appeal. And I can tell you that in my years of doing criminal defense work, every single sentencing that I ever went through included the advisement by the judge of what those appeal rights were and how many days he had to file it, and generally that even if he was into gent and couldn't afford an attorney, that one would be appointed.
Speaker 4: On the appeal.
Speaker 6: And they usually give them the paperwork or tell them where to get it, and he's got to avail himself of that to have an appointed attorney look at his appeal options. Just because you have the right to appeal doesn't mean that you have the grounds to really appeal other than just a fresh look at the at the facts and circumstances it gave rise to the conviction in the first place. But it doesn't mean you just aren't real happy about a strategic decision that was made. But whether or not there are specific grounds to appeal.
Speaker 2: Now, one thing I want to mention Todd talked about talking to the public defender, and one of the reasons you wanted to talk to them, talk to him is to talk about strategy, why this didn't do this, and why you didn't do that. And I will tell you, Todd, that a public defender is not going to discuss strategy with you and is not going to go over and second guess what he did. And besides that, there is no meaning to it. It absolutely cannot change the thing. So really, I think you have the wrong impression of the public defender's responsibility to you. They have no responsibility to you. Now, they do have a responsibility to their client. And and but but what's water.
Speaker 1: Under the bridge right now?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's You can't go back and say they didn't consider my son's mental health.
Speaker 1: I mean, John, that's too late, right.
Speaker 4: I just doubt that it's factually correct. I mean that that's really where I'm coming at it.
Speaker 6: I just seriously doubt that it's It wasn't considered and evaluated and discussed in the pre trial investigation that was done about your son prior tocendency. I mean everything, that's just part of what they do, and they would have and they would ever just ignore it. No, they wouldn't just say, you know, he seems a little off, but let's just go forward and everything's fine. That's not how the things are done. And I mean, listen, generally, here's what I can say about public defenders.
Speaker 4: They are incredibly busy.
Speaker 6: They have more ugly cases with bad facts than any other group of attorneys in any jurisdiction, in any state. But they are, for all of their faults, some of the finest attorneys that you can find anywhere. They are dealt more bad facts than anybody else, and go to trial day in and day out, more than any other group of attorneys out there. So I get it. I understand why people don't want public defenders. But when push comes to shove, those guys are not pushovers. They're not in bed with the prosecutors. They're not just I mean, they are fierce advocates and they do a great job. And if there was an angle to be pursued for your son, I would venture to guess that they probably considered it and or tried to pursue it. So could be wrong, but that's what appeals are.
Speaker 1: For you, yea.
Speaker 2: And another thing Ty you can do, and I urge you to do this. If you got equity in your house, or you got money in the bank or a retirement plan, hire your son an attorney, or at least get an attorney to take a second look at the case.
Speaker 1: And give you an opinion. And I mean that sincerely.
Speaker 2: You know we are talking about a public defender right now. Okay, we're talking about someone you'rey.
Speaker 1: Too, not this, but it does, It absolutely does.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get better service with a private attorney, for sure, but you could hire a private attorney to give you a second opinion. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five speaking about second opinion. Get an opinion of what your house will sell for on the market with Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. Frank will look at all the factors, including interest rates, supply and demand, your house, your neighborhood and tell you what he thinks it will sell for. And he's pretty accurate. Three zero three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. It's totally free with no obligation. Frank durand the real estate Man dot com go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: By the way, Uh, glad you can join us.
Speaker 2: I see in the studio we got John Fuller Major, Mark Major in here. I have Deputy d to my right if we need anything. And who else is in there? Uh?
Speaker 1: Is that deputy?
Speaker 2: Who? What deputy we have in the studio with us today?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Is that Deputy bow in there?
Speaker 3: Bo?
Speaker 1: Deputy bo?
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's go back to the phones here, And Diana has a comment on Todd's case. Again, Todd is advocating for his son and and I don't blame parents for doing this. I mean, it's it's a it's a tough road to navigate, especially when you're in the young adulthood stage where you're kind of you're just thrust into adulthood kind of. And uh, you're an adult and your parents really can do very little for you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, what's going on, Diana?
Speaker 11: Good morning. I work as a psychiatric nurse practitioner, and I've sent a lot of my patients to the NAMI law Line in Denver and it's three oh three three two one three one oh four.
Speaker 1: And what do they do?
Speaker 11: N advocate, They will help out, they will listen. They have several attorneys that they will assign to your case and they will listen to what the concern is. And I've used them for several patients of mine and they've been very beneficial.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me the name of the law line again or the hot line? What do they call it?
Speaker 11: Yes, it's the It's called NAMI, the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. Okay, three to three three.
Speaker 1: Two one, Yeah, you gave me that number.
Speaker 9: Yah.
Speaker 11: And I was hearing the conversation earlier as I was driving into town, and I just wanted to offer this suggestion for you and for the family.
Speaker 2: Well, I really appreciate that. What do you do on a day to day basis, Diane?
Speaker 11: I see patients and we go over their mental health health, their meds and psychotherapy and.
Speaker 2: Are do you find a lot of mentally ill people in the criminal justice system And you think to yourself, if it wasn't for the mental disability, they wouldn't have ended up there.
Speaker 11: Possible. It's sometimes sometimes they have to take accountability for.
Speaker 4: What they do.
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, in addition, they do have setbacks and barriers because of their mental health.
Speaker 2: Exactly, that's true, right, I know, I understand that.
Speaker 1: Do you believe?
Speaker 2: And again, I'm not trying to look for trouble or toss stones, but I sometimes get the impression that the officers don't know what to do when they encounter someone mentally ill. I don't like, for example, when someone when they're trying to secure a crime scene or a not necessary a crime scene, but the scene they're very very strict on pedestrians getting to close or people doing this or doing that, and they get down right, I mean a lot of arrests happen not just from the incident itself, but from people just looking not knowing how to act properly, or not presenting ID when asked for, or giving lip to the officer and the officer perceives it as interference. There are a lot of peripheral arrests I've seen. I've seen mothers and fathers be arrested when they went up to inquire about their kid being.
Speaker 1: Detained. And it's just a mess.
Speaker 2: And I'm wondering, have you found police know how to encounter mental illness?
Speaker 11: That's a really good question. When I was working for with non Me, when I worked at the State Hospital, I worked at Pieblo. In Pieblo, we had crisis intervention training for our police officers and they were able to understand more about what happened with what you just explained mental illness family members and understanding that you have to pursue and address yourself in different ways when you're delivering information.
Speaker 2: Now, I understand police. You know, they're there to enforce the law, to protect us. And I'm sure there are people thinking, oh, Tom, you bleed in heart, what are you talking about? You know, if they're breaking the law, they're breaking the law. But I'm wondering if truly, many times all it would take is a kind word or touch or some kind of different kind of intervention. And how much police know about that? Again, I lawed police. I love police.
Speaker 8: I think they go on the foot shot where they come out and they try to talk to you or sometime, didn't Denver try something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Marthe, I don't know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they do have training. It's called crisis intervention training. And you teach them about how to listen because the voice class that you do with the officers, they're hearing people's voices, so they cannot even pay attention to what you're saying. And that's a lot what is what happens with patients when they're psychotic, is they're hearing voices in their head and they have no idea what you're saying to them. And that's part of the training.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's called I am sure there have been support team assisted response. It's a in Denver, it's called the Star Team.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: I am sure there have been many, many times that suspects have been shot to death because they did not know how to react properly and they were in an episode of some kind. And I'm not I'm not blaming anyone for this. I'm not blaming police. I'm just saying it's a shame. But I mean, God, that's asking a lot of police to roll up on a scene and try to figure out is this just some pissed off guy, is this an outlaw or is this just someone who wants to you know, who's truly having a mental ill a mentally ill crisis.
Speaker 12: Well, Tom, there's an especially tragic case that just happened in Clear Creek County A couple of years ago. This kid named Daniel Glass was murdered by Is that.
Speaker 1: The one in the driver's seat of his car.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he was stuck on some dirt road and.
Speaker 1: They broke the glass and shot him.
Speaker 12: Well, I don't know what they did before murdering him, but they just blasted this kid.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: And he had called them for help, he thought.
Speaker 4: Them for help.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And Queer Creek County deputies and maybe some police officers from surrounding transitions went on trial. They got charged, and it's still winding its way through the courts. But that was a I mean, there's a video of it available on them I know, I know on the internet. I think it didn't do anything to threaten the officer's life.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes police they issue an order, right, it might be get out of the car, okay, it might be that simple, or or let me see your idea, or get out of the car, and the person just says, officer, I called you for help, and or or they're just trying to talk, just talk, and the officer is one track.
Speaker 1: They don't want to hear anything he said.
Speaker 2: I said get out of the car, and they keep emphasizing that one thing over and over and over, and I think people don't know I've said.
Speaker 8: This, but they don't know what's going on in that car. They don't know if someone's reaching for a gun in that car.
Speaker 4: They all they.
Speaker 8: Following their instructions and they were called to the soul.
Speaker 2: I totally agree, but and there are cases where that person inside the same but officer, but officer, you know, I'm trying to say something, and all the officer cares about is get out of the car. And I'm just wondering if there is some way that that citizens, and I've often said this even in high school, kids should be taught. We should be taught how to react when police pull us over. You know, police are trained on how to on what to do. Police are trained, but pedestrians or I shouldn't say podition, but people, just regular citizens don't know how to act well.
Speaker 1: For example, this one.
Speaker 4: You follow.
Speaker 8: You follow what the cops say, and I mean, I disagree with you. If I'm getting pulled over and they're like, put your hands out of your car, that's pretty straightforward.
Speaker 4: My hands are going out of the car.
Speaker 12: But Mark we're talking about mentally ill people who don't they don't perceive those.
Speaker 8: In strustles or maybe be so. But look at the caller we at first hour, His mother called the police because he was threatening her life. How were they supposed to react when they show up?
Speaker 2: You know, it's look at there is no easy answer to this. There really isn't. But but Mark, as we were saying, if they would just comply to the request, like you know, let's see your hands, right, let's see your hands, very simple.
Speaker 8: Request, that's generally the biggest thing because they really don't know if you're going for a weapon or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And but what is it about people that want to explain themselves all the time? They say, but officer, but officer, and you know I didn't do anything wrong, or or I called you for help, or that's not why I called you, and and it gets into this show me id. You know, they pull them out of the car, they throw them to the ground, they put their knee in their back. I mean, it just gets escalated so quickly. I just wish there was a way that people understood how to act.
Speaker 1: And again, is it simple obedience?
Speaker 2: And a lot of people I think are confused about being mistreated or what they feel is mistreated or rough handled roughly like that, why are you handing me so roughly?
Speaker 4: Tom?
Speaker 6: There's always the other side of the coin, okay. And in fairness to our law enforcement listeners, there are some who don't exactly you know, keep things on a de escalated basis and are quick to take things up and and and you know, there's there's talk of things like driving while brown, and you enter race and you enter all these other factors into it, and you don't just have the nice officer saying put your hands out the car window. You know, there used to be you know, there used to be stories and I've heard them from clients as well, where you know, police dogs have been unleashed on people that haven't done a darn thing in the world wrong. So I mean, as you know, as much as you'd like to have a simple rule and have everybody go to a compliance class and learn how to just be a good little defendant when you're pulled over, the reality is it's a different experience with different police and different potential you know, people that are getting pulled over, and there's just simply no one way that everything goes down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: It would be nice if we had some kind of de escalation happening. I know, but I have noticed that so many times where you just think, my god, this whole thing just got so out of hand, so out of hand, and to me, in my opinion, now you get some smart ass defendants or smart ass people, but I'm talking about most of the time, it's an officer that's just a little too excited. They're just way, way, way too excited, and they start like barking these orders and assuming they're going to have a tough time, and they do the takedown, you know, from a normal sitting position. Hey, what's going on, officer? You know, I just asked this person blah blah blah, they said to me. I said to them, All of a sudden, this person has their face in the dust, and the officer saying, I told you blah blah blah. You know, It's just I don't know. It is police work changing. Are they getting more? Are they learning more?
Speaker 8: I think it'd be I honestly think it would be terrifying to be a cop. I would never want to be one. I love what they do and in very general terms, just protect the public. But I can't imagine pulling someone over on Santa fe at two thirty am with very low lights out and just not knowing who the hell is sitting in that car. That to me, that's just terrifying.
Speaker 1: I know, and where their hands are, What are they thinking? What are they going to do?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 8: We got a break, right, We're so late, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got more coming right up?
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roof Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three dogs seven one three eight two five five fix it twenty four to seven free second opinions. Remember this if you're told you need a replacement of any major component waterheater, furnace, air. They do free second opinions and they're doing a great job along with their thirty nine dollars Extreme Clean. If you want it, fixmihome dot com book now, fixmihome dot com book now. All right, John Fuller's in the studio with us, and we have a question about a dash cam, John, John, With a dash cam, do you leave it running all the time and how do you submit it as evidence?
Speaker 6: So most of them are set up to run all the time. I mean they turn off when the car is off, and they turn back on when you start it back up. And then some are even you know, motion activated or sound activated, so that if you got hit, like in a parking lot or something, it would instantly turn on and record that event.
Speaker 4: And then and then.
Speaker 6: Some of them are really cool, the ones that I've messed with, they they sense a crash and then they save a clip of so many seconds before and then you know, so long after the event, and then it's just like a movie that you would you know, download from your cell phone of you know, if you recorded a video or something. It's just a clip that you download and have little SD cards and you take them out, slap them right in your computer, and you're good to go.
Speaker 4: They're date stamped.
Speaker 2: Now I'm hold on, I got behind. I want to take this break and come back.
Speaker 1: And talk about how do you actually use them?
Speaker 2: Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino three O three seven one three talk having on three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: What's on your mind? And how can we help you?
Speaker 2: We've been talking about personal injury and talking about these uh dash cams? So how does dash cam become a dash cam? How does it become a file to a piece of evidence?
Speaker 4: John Fuller, Well, you know, most of the time, the.
Speaker 6: You know, the real value of a dash cam is in liability disputes where you've got each side saying it wasn't my fault, the other guy ran the red light, or you know whatever. I mean, it's always a denial of any responsibility.
Speaker 4: And then we've got this.
Speaker 6: Shirtful, four K color video of exactly what went down. And normally, at least in my practice, when we have a video, it just shuts down the liability dispute completely and we share it with the other side and all of a sudden they're like, uh, yeah, we accept liability and that's the end of that. And so for me, I've never actually had to take one to court where we have this video and they're still gonna deny it all the way to the point of going to trial. I've yet to see that, you know, color video.
Speaker 2: So you're saying it doesn't necessarily you're saying it doesn't necessarily ever have to be evidence. It's used before it becomes evidence. And do you do you like, do you like freely email it to them?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sometimes I mean we're going to uh to share that with him and and you know, but at the appropriate time, so yeah, thin get.
Speaker 2: It, okay, And sometimes he says it discourages the trial. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven one help. You'll think you're his only when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of news need ADVI so you don't have.
Speaker 9: Come run into Just.
Speaker 4: As fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 5: Six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Here to help you, and we will do what we can to help you.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is call.
Speaker 2: Three oh three Martino Works twenty four seven three oh three sixty two seven eight.
Speaker 1: Four sixty six and we do get back to you.
Speaker 2: We got John Fuller with us, a personal injury attorney but also a consumer Advocate extraordiny helping Mark and I through the through the years, and if you have any questions, this is a great day to have them answered. I do have a few text questions coming in and people asking about injury about dash cams as well. And one of the things about dash cams that somebody.
Speaker 1: Wanted to know is when you use it.
Speaker 2: The dash cam, does it have to be stamped or any special How do you know it hasn't been altered when someone.
Speaker 8: Presents you or even even go the next step. Like we hear about these deep fakes, it looks so real, it's crazy. I mean, have you come across anything like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm not good idea, any good question.
Speaker 6: Don't be coming up with these crazy ideas now or it'll be out there. I have not just not seen any fake dash cam videos, but everyone that I have seen has a date and time stamp on it, and some of them even have GPS and stuff so they know exactly where it was being recorded. So that gives you your authentication from a Dayton time standpoint.
Speaker 4: You know what's funny about it.
Speaker 8: We had one guy call up he the other person received the ticket for an accident, and then a third party dash can remember that ye showed up going the opposite direction. You couldn't even see it unless you know where to look, And sure enough everything got reversed because of a third party's dashcap.
Speaker 6: You sent that video to me. I saw it and called it and said that clearly was not yep, this guy's fault, or it was this guy's fault, whatever the case.
Speaker 8: Can you imagine you're in a position to like where the other person gets the ticket, it looks like the other insurance company's paying for all your stuff. Then the next thing you know, it shows up. Have you ever had a client John where the tables were turned that drastically?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: I mean we've had two or three cases where people have just pulled over, walked up to the cop and said, I have a dashcam and it cut the whole thing on video, and here's my SD card, it's on here, and so it does happen, and then you know the challenge for us is we have to get the video out of evidence and stuff in order to use it. But you know, listen, videos are almost indisputable. You know, when there's a video of the light turning red and you've got a nice long pause, and your client is starting to go across the intersection, and all of a sudden, just boom, this car comes out of nowhere. It's really difficult for them to stand up and say we think the other guy was at fault. You know it just that whole argument just goes away.
Speaker 8: Do you ever have accidents like it? Let's say it happens in a parking lot and it's a Walmart or a Kroger or something. Is it hard to get that footage? Is it like really pulling teeth? Or you generally walk into Walmart and walk.
Speaker 6: Out with You're not walking into Walmart and getting any video of anything. And the same is true for all these grocery stores and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 8: Why do you think there're so hardcore on it well that they're just not going to give it up without a subpoena.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're not gonna let you. They don't.
Speaker 6: They're not crazy about you knowing how broadly they video.
Speaker 4: Everything in there.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've had a case where a lady fell in a grocery store chain and we eventually got the video and that video linked to link to link to different cameras, to different different cameras followed her all the way out to the parking lot, into her car, out of the parking lot, onto the public.
Speaker 4: Street, and then down about another block.
Speaker 8: So she literally from the time she got there was on.
Speaker 6: Video about except for the like, you know, ten seconds of her fall that they tried to delete and not give us. We got every single frame of video that there was, and it was. It was amazing, I mean truly amazing. And we're not talking greeny, little crappy, you know, surveillance cameras. We're talking like really high end stuff with people that are super skilled at doing it, sitting there with a little mouse joystick following this poor lady around the store.
Speaker 4: And zooming in on her shoes.
Speaker 6: I mean, we had zoomed in on a pair of ugs that you could read the size on it.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: So they don't just know, John, are you saying, John, are you saying they individually tracked every shopper.
Speaker 4: No, but they get to pick who they are.
Speaker 6: There's people that sit up there with their little joysticks and can follow whoever they want. But if somebody falls and that gets captured on a particular video, you're liable to see them focus in on that person and then start following them for the rest of their time in the store because they want to see are they walking okay, are they still limping?
Speaker 4: Are they limping on the correct foot?
Speaker 9: They know?
Speaker 6: Did they call somebody? Are they on their phone? Did they you know? Did they take pictures of it? I mean later, if the person shows up with a bunch of photographs and they have a video that shows that she didn't take them, they can at least argue that it wasn't taking contemporaneous with the fall and stuff. I mean, they don't play fair at all. And so, you know, I tell people, if you fall in a large store like that, you need to know that you are likely on video and it's going to be super detailed video of everything that happens.
Speaker 4: You know, you need to know.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mark Mark speaking to Walmart.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 2: There's some youtubees where people tried to sabotage Walmart and make it look like they had a dangerous situation and then the person would then fall or they would They would set up the dangerous condition and then be victim to it. The world's es retailer with the world's deepest powers and Walmart captured all of it.
Speaker 10: Sure.
Speaker 1: What I don't understand is why.
Speaker 2: Why do these people feel anything is I'll bet you every square.
Speaker 1: Inch of a Walmart is covered in video.
Speaker 4: Would you say yep, yep?
Speaker 8: I would agree, And so I think they were spilling something in the aisle.
Speaker 4: All these bigger stores.
Speaker 8: I don't care if it's Target or Walmart or Kroger, King Snoopers, they all have lost prevention. I mean, it really depends on the area, whether you have one LP person or if you literally have an entire management team and ten employees. They might have that at the Dia store wherein Elizabeth they've got one one guy walking around acting like he's shopping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, here's what I will tell you.
Speaker 8: Well, hold on one other thing, though, Tom. When it does come to LP and all these things, what you'll learn is one of the biggest thing is inside theft. I mean people shoplifting. Sure, that's a big deal we hear about, but when you really talk about things disappearing out the back door, that's the big money.
Speaker 4: Right, So I am.
Speaker 2: So it's for policing their own employee as well, of course?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, LP, for sure, LP.
Speaker 1: What do you mean LP?
Speaker 4: Loss prevention.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they can zoom all in a register. I mean, like John was saying, if you can read the shoe size, I mean literally you can count the dimes in the till right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty amazing technology. Speaking go ahead, I was going to say, think about that.
Speaker 6: And and you know, one of the things that is challenging for us sometimes is that they don't just keep this video forever. I mean, if they if they know that you fail, and they might, they might sequester that.
Speaker 4: Video and hang on to it and stuff.
Speaker 6: But by and large, if you think about the average like Walmart or Kingsoopers or something, just how many square feet that story is and how many cameras it takes to you know, to give them broad enough coverage to say that they're really keeping an eye on everything. And then think about how much data that is to you know, to store and keep on servers. And they have huge, huge storage, many times offsite and in different locations. But I mean just the sheer volume of data that they have to deal with to do that is amazing. It's a tremendous investment. But John, get those systems.
Speaker 2: Somebody wants to know this and it and it goes to dash cams, store cams one one side or the other, right or wrong, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Here's what they want to know.
Speaker 2: What would be the harm if you want to get rid of the video for your own reason, maybe it shows that you were guilty of negligence, or maybe the store is that fault and the store says get rid of it.
Speaker 1: There is no law. Is there a law, or I should say there is.
Speaker 8: I want to ask you you must to preserve it far.
Speaker 4: And you would want them.
Speaker 2: Mark, I'm talking about Mark, I'm talking.
Speaker 1: About right away.
Speaker 2: Okay, is there any kind of a law that says you must preserve evidence?
Speaker 6: Well no, not not just on your own accord. But when we get involved early on, one of the very first things we do, like day one, is send these defendant corporations a letter saying you.
Speaker 1: Need that's smartness talking about, and.
Speaker 6: That's called there's a concept called spoilation. And we send them a letter saying you are hereby put on notice that you are to not destroy any and we have a whole laundry list video audio.
Speaker 1: You know how binding is that?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 1: How binding is that?
Speaker 6: Let me tell you. The rules of evidence are are pretty clear. If you have evidence and we put you on notice that you're to hang on to it and not destroy it.
Speaker 4: And you destroy it.
Speaker 6: It gives us the ability to get what's called a negative inference in front of a jury, and that means the judge will say to the jury, Hey, mister and missus, jury, there was video of this incident captured. Okay, however the defendant erased the video, and as a matter of law, you are entitled to assume that there must have been something really bad on that video.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, and you.
Speaker 6: Are to afford that all of the credibility that you might otherwise have done.
Speaker 8: Well, that's like you were saying about Dad grocery store. They had that woman literally pulling in the parking lot to when she left, but the thirty seconds what mattered was the only thing missing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's insane. That was tragic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. K and H Home Solutions now has painting available Knag Paintingproskwindows dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: That's okay, I got it.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. What is new in your life? And how can we help you? We've been talking about evidence and how to get evidence, how to preserve evidence, and John I wanted to know along with this texter. It's something I had brought up before and they just reminded me. Have you ever had a scene of an accident where you know there are traffic cams first and foremost? Traffic cams I need to know about, John. Does every municipality have a traffic cam of some kind somewhere or intersections camera?
Speaker 1: I mean what you mon came well.
Speaker 8: First if they do have one, or you alone to request right?
Speaker 1: You know, right?
Speaker 6: So there's different kinds of dash cam or different kinds of traffic cams or intersection cameras or whatever. Most of the cameras that you see on intersections, by and large are traffic control cameras. In other words, they don't record, they're just sensing whether or not there's a vehicle. So as an example, you could have a turn lane that if you had twenty five cars in it, it stays, you know, with a turn signal to let all twenty five. But if you only had two one time, it senses that there's no cars and the light turns a lot quicker. Those don't record, and therefore there's nothing for us to get I have only had, as I think back, over the course of my career, I've only had a couple cases where we actually had film from one of those municipal cameras that we were able to get our hands on.
Speaker 8: How about like the traffic ones, like these red light cameras, I mean, you would think they if they capture you barely missing a yellow light, yeah, they send you take they'd have it.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, if there's recording going on, and it truly is recording, then yeah we can get a copy of it. But I mean, it's just it's so rare that we don't even really worry about that unless it's really you know, a factor, and then we have to send out an investigator to go take a look, or I have to go by there and film the intersection or something.
Speaker 4: But you know.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm such a big believer in the dash cans is that you can control whether or not that accident is on video, and all you got to do is just put that camera in and.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can control whether or not anybody ever sees that video.
Speaker 4: That's true too, that.
Speaker 2: Out of curiosity, John, when you do look at the video, does it usually support your case?
Speaker 1: I'm just curious.
Speaker 6: Well yeah most of the time, but not always. I mean we've had we've had cases where it didn't support things. And it's not that I send it to the other side at that point, but they stop being my client.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, See that's good to know. I mean, like, like you said, you can only fight for people when they have been victims of something, right, And I mean I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no way I'm going to continue with the case and continue advocating when I've seen a video that proves that my client is not you know, is not telling the truth and and maybe not even intentionally. You know, reasonable people can have different opinions about what happened, but the video just clears that right up. And in one in particular I'm thinking of, he was adamant and I believed him that the light was green and that this other guy had run the light. That was one of those where a third party came up to the cop and said, hey, I've got a video right, here's the SD card. You know, have a good day, officer. And once we finally got that video out of the police lo and behold, our client was just dead wrong. And we showed it to him and we withdrew from the case, and that was that. I mean, we'll have no part of that.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 2: There are there times when it really could go either way, or there is truly some shared negligence or like like everyone did something a little wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, there are times where there's more than one person that shares some fault for an accident, particularly when you have like multiple vehicles involved and stuff like that. It almost always is going to involve a shared degree of negligence over two or three different people.
Speaker 8: But or like a parking lot, two people backing out at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I abhorror parking lot accidents. They're just terrible.
Speaker 6: But but yeah, I mean, you know, and there's a mechanism to deal with that. We have comparative negligence you know, rules, and the jury gets to assess that every you know, every party has some negligence in there. They get to decide what percentage they attribute to that person and then that's binding in terms of a you know, an adjustment of the verdict based on that percentage of compaired default.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's well said, because it is a little bit of your problem, a little bit of my problem, and therefore there's some kind of a portionment of blame or negligence. So when you have somebody this is a text a rear in collision, but there are three or four cars involved, is it always the last car that gets blamed for everything?
Speaker 1: Or is it a daisy chain?
Speaker 2: How do you sort through these when you have a car in the middle of the pack?
Speaker 6: John, Yeah, it's hard, and we frequently get down to really trying to figure out and even looking at some of the onboard you know, computer sensors and stuff to see how many impacts there were and stuff. I mean, you know that that's a difficult one. And sometimes people really don't know if they get hit once or twice or three times. But you know, it's pretty simple. If you have three cars sitting there and none of them had hit each other, and one car comes along and causes that chain reaction, they're on the hook for everything. If there was one collision followed by a second collision followed by a third one, then you're going to have to try to apportion that between all the different.
Speaker 4: People when you have what you just said.
Speaker 8: So let's say three cars and a truck comes up, you know, a bigger truck whatever hits the one in boom boom boom, daisy chains. And let's say all the vehicles are totalled and there's someone injured in each vehicle. But it's state minimum insurance. Is it simply divided by three? At that point? I mean, who determines who gets the money first come for service?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, we have to fight about that, and we do all the time. So you fight with the other attorneys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've got a case right now where five people got injured by somebody with minimal limits, and.
Speaker 8: Well, it's probably not even worth taking a case like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's um, there's other okay, you know, other stuff that we get to, but strictly from the at fault party, there's there's twenty five fifty, so there's fifty thousand dollars. It might get split up five ways. It might get split to where only the two badly injured people get the money and the other ones get nothing.
Speaker 8: I mean, how does it importance between you and let's say everybody's got an attorney, so you're dealing with somebody else's attorney.
Speaker 4: That's not a fault.
Speaker 8: How do you come up with a scenario to where, okay, they might have been injured more, but that doesn't mean my guy's not injured. I mean, how do you guys play fair? I mean, how does that generally work?
Speaker 6: We we don't always, you know, we do you think, Okay, my guy's got UM coverage, so we have that to go out maybe. I mean, I got paid for his UM, so why should he take less? Exact he was smart to have good insurance. So you know, frequently we go to mediation on those, and sometimes we go to court on those and let a judge decide it. But it's strictly a matter of negotiating, and but.
Speaker 8: If the judge had to decide it, what would the merits be?
Speaker 4: Who's hurt the worst?
Speaker 8: So that's typically words damaged the most.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of times we'll take those, you know, we'll take and and proportionately split it up. So if somebody's got twenty thousand of meds and somebody has ten of meds, and you know, we'll try to come up with these mathematical ways to split the money up so that it proportionally is distributed according to how bad the medicals are. But even that is not a pure science because you know, is it somebody that had good health insurance and they didn't take the ambulance and they didn't go to the er, but they went to their PCP and it turned out I mean, you know, so maybe their meds are lower, but they're not quite as or but they're still very seriously hurt. Or you know, is it somebody that's not really hurt that bad, that went to the er five times and went to Skyridge and had six cat scans done and they've got one hundred thousand of meds but not single broken bone. You know, does that person deserve more complicated? I would say no, but it's hard stuff and if you're the guy that's not represented, you're gonna probably come out last in that in that negotiation.
Speaker 2: So, okay, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here at three three seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five five. So, in speaking about accidents, personal injuries, negligence and all of that, there are many other other areas of damages other than traffic accidents. Of course, that's one of the areas, of course, in a major area, but there are other areas. But in general, when it comes to injuries and damages, there's always a question, or not a question, a comment we get when people call us John and I'm reading through the lines and I'm reading the code for it. When a person says I can't find an attorney to take my case, that that makes zero sense.
Speaker 1: So not to me, I always ask, yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, when they say no attorney will take my case. And by the way, this is not just personal injury, this is for all kinds of cases. Normally, when they say that, they mean contingency, because you can hire an attorney to take any case you pay them by the hour and say please do this now they don't see any merit in it.
Speaker 1: They may not do it, but.
Speaker 2: Most of the time, if you pay by the hour, they're going to go right up to the courthouse steps. So when someone says I can't find an attorney to take my case, the very first thing is they're talking about a free attorney or an attorney that works on contingency. And in many cases, you're right, you're not going to get an attorney to do all of the legwork and to do all of this hoping to share a prize with you, And a lot of consumers take it for granted, or they think they assume that attorneys work all attorneys work on contingency. Don't even when there are big awards to be won. Even if you could win an award of a quarter of a million dollars, there are some attorneys that would rather take that on a very on a fee simple basis, you just pay the fee. Others might do a contingency, some do a hybrid. They do a contingency, but you have to pay expenses, some of the expenses. So it's really when somebody says I can't find an attorney to take my.
Speaker 1: Case, what does that usually mean to you?
Speaker 6: John, there's a problem with the case. I mean either lifa ability, no damages, no coverage, no reasonable likelihood of recovery. I mean there's a problem. And you know, listen, people like me are in business to make a living as well. And just like you wouldn't go to work and not get paid or not make money, the attorneys are the same way. They're not going to you know, I don't just do the work. I invest money, I pay my staff. I have you know, quite an operation going that doesn't happen for free, I promise you. And so when I take on a case, I am making a promise to that client that we're going to dedicate those resources and our time and our efforts and my staff's time and efforts into getting a good outcome. I can't do that if there's no merit or no potential of recovery. It's just that simple, right.
Speaker 2: There has to be some way to recover that money. And so when they say I can't find an attorney to take my case, there is usually something wrong with the case and you have to really figure out what it is. Now in calculating damages, you said something John that I think so many people, so many people get wrong. And there could be the most outrageous, unbelievable, sympathetic case where a young father is killed, mowed down by a drunk driver who is like as wrong as wrong can get. And this father, let's say just pass the bar. And this father has three kids, and there are all kinds of potential jobs he turned down, and his career would have been worth millions. This is a case whereas if someone had fifty million in light in insurance, it's possible that this person could have cashed in on that fifty million. But when you only have fifty thousand. There's nothing you can do about it. And I cannot tell you, John how many people have called and said, but wait, it's it's not fair.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I could line people up around this building that have been in that situation where their damage is far exceed the availability of insurance proceeds.
Speaker 8: Or just the price of the car.
Speaker 6: Well, that happens all the time. I mean that that's just I mean, look, you're in a state that has fifteen thousand dollars property damage coverage limits.
Speaker 4: How do they do that?
Speaker 6: You know, the last time I remember buying a car for fifteen I think I was like sixteen years old.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm saying, how come the legislature, the legislature here does that.
Speaker 6: Well, because of the insurance industry. The insurance you know, lobby doesn't want to They don't want the legislature to force them to charge more to give greater coverage because the rates are going to go that much further up and people aren't going to have any coverage.
Speaker 8: Well, it's a lot of times it's like you don't have any coverage too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it is like you have no coverage.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm saying, that's a big proponent of uninsured motorist coverage. I mean, I've got a case right now where we have catastrophic losses. Catastrophic losses. I don't even want to tell you the full nature of the losses, but they're bad. And the guy that cost it appears, although I'm not convinced yet, but appears to only have like fifty thousand dollars of coverage. Well that's just not enough, you know. I always ask myself, would you trade places with the person you know for this amount of money? And it's almost always not even not no, but hell no. You know, it's just not enough. And that's just the nature of the business. But you can keep that from happening by buying enough uninsured motorist coverage. And I get it. You got to eat, on the one hand, and you know, do I eat? Do I pay insurance? Do I pay the kids?
Speaker 4: Whatever?
Speaker 6: Do I buy insurance? I get that. It's a trade off, and money doesn't grow on trees. However, the difference between having the minimal limits or God forbid, having liability only out there and not having any sort of um when you get hit by one of the two thirds of Colorado's that have either no insurance or only the state minimum of twenty five thousand. You're talking about your life potentially changing its course and you not potentially being able to do your job anymore and supply and support your family anymore for in exchange for twenty five grand.
Speaker 4: Well, people just not worth it.
Speaker 8: People will go out and they will purchase liability insurance to cover others, but they won't cover themselves.
Speaker 6: Or you hear this which all the time. They sit in my conference room and they're like, I got an umbrella. We got lots of insurance. I got an umbrella. And you're like, okay, here we go. We pull up the policy and look at it and lo and behold, it's just an umbrella which will yours the additional liability and not youm coverage and all that wonderful umbrella didn't do a damn thing. And they didn't have two nickels to rub together anyway. I mean, it's not like they truly were a liability target that needed an umbrella. They should have taken the money they spent on the umbrella and bought just a little bit more liability and then the same amount of um coverage. John family would have been that much better off.
Speaker 2: John, Is there such thing as an umbrella for uninsured or underinsured?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not exactly per se an umbrella for uninsured, But what it is is a writer on your umbrella that extends that same coverage to uninsured motorists. And I absolutely have it. Mark has it. I think Dimitri now has it on his. We've all talked about it. It's available if your carrier doesn't offer it, and not all of them do change carriers.
Speaker 8: That goes back to exactly what I said. People will go out get an umbrella to protect other people, but they won't get an umbrella to protect themselves.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, exactly right.
Speaker 8: And then how about medpay real we got like, that's pretty dirty, let's see it.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about Mark, Mark, we got, we gotta hold it. We'll take it right after this. Okay, talk about medpay. It's a very important coverage. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey tom Archino, here, we got John Fuller with US Fuller Law, talking about personal injury. But we'll take any and all calls on any and all problems. Mark left off talking about medpay and how important is we're talking about how underinsured and uninsured motorists is very important because if other people don't have the liability you need, and eighty five percent of the time they don't eighty five percent of the time they do not have adequate liability to pay your damages eighty five percent of the time, and you don't carry uninsured or underinsured, you're crazy. Now, let's talk about medpay. Mark, what were you asking? Well, it made me think of somethe you just said that. You know what I hate about medpay. It's great coverage, everybody should have it.
Speaker 4: It's cheap.
Speaker 8: But if you do go in after both accidents I've dealt with and John was actually our attorney the hospital wants to grab that medpay money so fast, John, It's like they try to move on that medpay money it to speed a light. And my assumption is the worst place to apply medpay would be at er. Is that true or not?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, in my opinion, I agree with you. But unfortunately it's kind of the early bird gets the worm. And whoever you know sends in those bills first generally is who.
Speaker 4: They pay out first.
Speaker 6: But we have had some changes in legislation that makes them have to build some health insurance stuff first, and so that's at least moving in the right direction.
Speaker 8: So yeah, so John negotiated our bills down. We'll talk about that more next hour because we're very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and some of the tricks with medpay coming up and more on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Excuse be all right?
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Lions three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Ripped up new need advice so you.
Speaker 7: Don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 8: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: The Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 5: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: We're here to help you.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: What you have to do is give us a call if you have a problem, question or complaint.
Speaker 1: We do have some texts I'm gonna get to.
Speaker 2: On issues and uh things to ask our attorney on for today. I happened to find this statistic that I found was unbelievable because someone actually took the took the stats put them all together. The website is a research website on cars. It's called ic cars, that's I see cars dot com. And they put together this based on leasing data and other data on cars that hold their value the most over a certain number of years, and they.
Speaker 1: Picked a five year depreciation period.
Speaker 2: Cars that hold their value the most. I was pretty surprised to see that on the top ten list we had one, two, three American cars in the top ten. But something I found very shocking there was one brand and it's more of an it's kind of borders on exotic to sport car model. It's not really an exotic, but it's it's not your run of the mill sports car. And that has three entries in the top ten. Three entries and that being Porsche. Okay, the number one car for holding its value over a five year period. Portion nine eleven the number one car for this. This has taken into consideration Lisa's purchases, resales, wholesale, They've done a massive data dump. So Portion nine eleven, no matter what you have to say about the car, I mean, it might be expensive in all of that, but it is absolutely the highest value holding car of all.
Speaker 1: For five years.
Speaker 2: Next, Porsche seven eighteen came in two Porschas one in two, number three. As you would expect, I would expect the Toyota on this list, Toyota Tacoma.
Speaker 1: The truck now it only now.
Speaker 2: For example, the Portion nine eleven, which is number one, only depreciates about twenty percent only twenty percent over that period of time. If you think about it, my Beamer went down more than fifty percent, more than fifty percent. But anyway, the portion nine eleven, Portion seven eighteen, then the Toyota Tacoma that depreciates about twenty six percent. You know what's number four on the list. This is pretty amazing to me. The Chevy Corvette holds its value. That's pretty nice to know because it's a nice car to begin with. The Chevy Corvette holds its value number four on the list of the top ten. Number fourppreciates about twenty seven percent. The Honda Civic, number five. But think about this, if you would ask someone what depreciates more, this Chevy Corvette or the Honda Civic, I'll bet you people would pick the Civic.
Speaker 1: But anyway, the Civic.
Speaker 2: Is right behind the Corvette, and then right behind that another American car, the Camaro, and all of these, if you think.
Speaker 1: About it, are within a percentage two or three.
Speaker 2: Like for example, from let's say the Porsche seven eighteen, which is number two on the list of ten, to the Camaro, there's only a spread of about seven percent. So they're all pretty damn good cars. After the Camaro. The Toyota Tundra holds its value, you know, Deputy D I wonder how your.
Speaker 1: Forerunner would do.
Speaker 2: And I mean, I'm asking you as an owner of the fore Runner, how does it do you know?
Speaker 4: I think it does really well. I haven't tried to sell mine, no.
Speaker 1: But you've probably looked around at him. I have.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'd love to upgrade to a newer one with a lot less miles, but they trade at such a tiny discount compared to.
Speaker 1: So they hold their value pretty well.
Speaker 12: And not only that, but a friend of mine actually bought a Tacoma about I don't know, four years ago, drove it for three years, and recently sold it for more than he paid for it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Next the Ford Mustang.
Speaker 2: The Ford Mustang is behind the Toyota Tundra, and then number nine, another Porsche. I mean, the Porscha has three vehicles on the list, three vehicles on the top ten, the seven eighteen Boxter, and then the Toyota Corolla. So Toyota kicks butt and Porscha kicks butt when it comes to depreciation. And then if you wanted to go into the top twenty, then you get into the Toyota rav four, the Toyota four Runner which you have, that's number thirteen in the top twenty Toyota Corolla. Look at how many Toyotas here, number fourteen. I mean, you know, Japanese cars in general make a hell of a car. They just took over. When it comes to depreciation, they do a really good job. Seom. I believe I'm saying it right, Siom. What's going on with your property?
Speaker 1: Seom?
Speaker 3: After remodeling? You know, before I have agreement with Colorado Living bas for remodeling my shower.
Speaker 1: But okay, after.
Speaker 3: You know that, you know, I don't know that's the damage my when I.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you.
Speaker 2: You hired you hired the company to remodel your shower?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And.
Speaker 1: What did they do wrong?
Speaker 3: The wrong is they not you know, not work it properly? Maybe?
Speaker 1: What did they do wrong? What did they do wrong?
Speaker 3: The wrong is?
Speaker 1: What did they do wrong?
Speaker 3: After the next the next day when I'm using you know, the the shower. Oh yeah, house is in by water damage in my and my wheat floor. In addition to my water, you know, dryer and laundry of everything. The damage after that.
Speaker 1: See see com let me see.
Speaker 2: Let me let me ask you a quick question. How much did this shower remodel cost you?
Speaker 3: Just the cost is let me let me check my receipt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just roughly.
Speaker 3: I paid eight eight thousand, it can.
Speaker 4: See five.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 8: Just a tub, the shower conversion, totally.
Speaker 3: Remodeling the shower, the agreement. I have agreements.
Speaker 1: I have paper for that.
Speaker 3: Totally. Let me check my receipt.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the companies? See, what's the name of the company?
Speaker 3: Colorado Living? Bad agreement, Colorado Living.
Speaker 1: Colorado Living. Yeah, what do they say? Do they say they will fix it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: They they when I talk to them, you know, minor ceiling, they try to fixing. But still my you know, my wood floor is damage. Every day I'm calling, I'm look, I'm calling.
Speaker 1: Not you know, uh.
Speaker 3: Just you know I'm calling. Still my wood floor is you know damage.
Speaker 7: In addition to will they.
Speaker 1: Are they are they willing to fix it for you?
Speaker 9: That will?
Speaker 1: Will they fix the floor for you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Ceiling?
Speaker 1: Will they fix your hardwood floor?
Speaker 9: What floor is?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 7: Is not?
Speaker 1: Still? Sixteen?
Speaker 8: Are they saying, Okay, They're gonna fix it though? Are they telling you, yes, we will fix it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they told me.
Speaker 8: Yes, you know, Kelly, let's try to give him a call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold on, bro Let's hold on and see if we can get this.
Speaker 2: Get somebody to talk about this. It sounds frustrating to me. He paid, you know, he paid eight grand. Sounds like a shower conversion mark that went bad. Gary's got a comment on depreciating cars.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Gary, what do you have to say?
Speaker 13: Okay, Tom, Yeah, carrys from Las Vegas. How about cars that are the most appreciated, that may have a lot of value to the owner the consumer.
Speaker 7: My nomination is a Prius. It's a Nissan Leaf. No, actually they plug it.
Speaker 2: Actually, the Prius has the Prius does not depreciate a lot until it gets up to about ten years, and then people fear the battery replacement.
Speaker 13: How about the Nissan Leaf, they'd appreciate humongous over the first three years.
Speaker 8: They were given those away for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah they're bad.
Speaker 13: Five years, they're bad.
Speaker 8: Teslaing Jo Gary isn't great either. I mean the Model X isn't bad, but most Tesla models depreciate it.
Speaker 4: Warp speed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, evs in general are bad.
Speaker 13: By it depreciated. I paid five thousand for my car. Ran it for five years, and it was a home run.
Speaker 7: And I'm thinking, what.
Speaker 9: A leaf.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you you might have hit it just in the right time. You lucked out, Gary, You lucked out. You probably found a buyer that really wanted an EV and couldn't afford a new one normally, normally that doesn't happen.
Speaker 13: Exactly. So I bought it for fifty five, they sold it for five, and I drove it for five years, and I think.
Speaker 1: I can get there.
Speaker 13: People they buy these electric cars, they don't want them after a year or two.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of great, Yeah, you know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Mark, Why do evs depreciate so much? Is it the.
Speaker 1: Battery the fear of the battery?
Speaker 8: Well, it's not all of them. They do, Like I said, the Model Less and especially the Model X don't depreciate nearly as quick.
Speaker 4: As the Model wire three.
Speaker 8: And then of course on the Nissan, I guess people go out and they buy one. I mean kind of the weird thing is like that Nissan. I mean, you gotta charge that thing all the time. It doesn't have a very long range, and it's probably not right for a lot of people, and they don't realize it till after they buy it. But listen to this, Man, I've never heard of Alpine Nissan, but these guys have. I mean, this is so absurd. I can't even tell you a twenty four month lease. And I'm sure there's a lot of you know, there's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: Going on in this.
Speaker 8: But a twenty twenty five Nissan Leaf SV for forty nine dollars down and nineteen dollars a month on a twenty four month lease.
Speaker 4: Think of that.
Speaker 13: Come on, that's stick free driving.
Speaker 8: That's basically free driving. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Man, Wait a minute, are you Mark? Are you kidding me? They really have those vehicles out there.
Speaker 8: Right now, I'm looking at this from Alpine Nissan. It is forty nine dollars down at lease. A new twenty twenty five Nissan Leaf SV for forty nine down and nineteen dollars per month on a twenty more twenty four month lease.
Speaker 1: Gary, that sounds like your next car.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's crazy, John. It's like eight miles a month of.
Speaker 8: Your total of two hundred miles for two years right now? Ten thousand?
Speaker 9: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, what is the mileage though, Mark, that is a good point. What's the mileage I'm looking man, Yeah, that would be good to know.
Speaker 13: The energy equivalent is like one fourth of a gas lenkosts and people don't want them because of range anxiety.
Speaker 7: They really range anxiety.
Speaker 8: So yeah, if you live like you said, you're in Vegas, you don't need range. I mean you're right there, man.
Speaker 4: Mark, I'm looking at the fine print.
Speaker 12: I'm looking at the fine print on that Nissan leaf from Alpine Nissan. Yeah, so they do allow their they do allow up to ten thousand miles per year. Otherwise it's twenty five cents a mile. But here's where I think a lot of this discount comes from. Where it includes sixty six hundred dollars Colorado EV credit must be a car resident and thirty four to seventy five four hundred and seventy five EV lease cash.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's still it still is going to come down to forty nine dollars down.
Speaker 4: But the dealer's making Yeah, the.
Speaker 8: Dealer's making the money. Yes, who cares? Are buying this leaf for somebody?
Speaker 12: Does not include d n age dealer and handling of six hundred and ninety bucks.
Speaker 4: It's still unbelievably cheap.
Speaker 12: It's still but it's ninety nine dollars a month. They offer two of these, a leaf and an area for forty nine down and nine nine dollars per month.
Speaker 8: I don't it says nineteen per month. Wow, I ain't paying over twenty dollars.
Speaker 4: Dang it.
Speaker 8: How much insurance do you put on this car? That's uh, that's incredible. That's my brain is spinning over this stupid offer. I mean, it's it's just insane.
Speaker 4: Tom.
Speaker 8: You're in the market.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, oh, I'm not actually in the market.
Speaker 2: I put myself in the market sometimes because I get bored. But you know, the more I think about it, my X seven, I'm gonna lose. I'm gonna lose so much money I may as well keep it. I only have thirty thousand.
Speaker 1: Miles on it. It's a nice car, but it's just way too big. Okay, we got to take a break.
Speaker 2: Three on three seven one three talks seven one three, eight, two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, You're in troubleshooter three all three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Dean, you have a comment on crypto? What is your comment? I was I was commenting I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: What do you know?
Speaker 9: Well? Last year I was at a wedding and I ended up my girlfriend and I sat down at the table they were seating us after the wedding, and we said these different tape for dinner, and that we were paired up with another couple. And I'm sitting there and you know, the usual chit chat. This guy that I'm sitting with he introduces himself as Charles, and I didn't know who Charles is. And he just says, I'm in heavy and mathematics, and okay, how about you and I said, well, I did the aviation this net. And his girlfriend says, hey, honey, show me your airplane. Okay, now here's where this goes.
Speaker 8: He shook.
Speaker 9: And I know a little bit about airplanes. You do too, check out November four five one Victor Keelo okay. And and I didn't know this except I'm looking at his cell phone and he shows me this thing. Okay, yeah, I just have you found it.
Speaker 1: I'm looking go ahead, all right.
Speaker 9: It's a black Hawk helicopter. Well not yeah, not too many people own those things. And right, what's going on here? You know? And he's chatting this and then the other thing. And then she says, honey, show them your other airplane. And I think that you don't know who you meet at these parties.
Speaker 1: So this guy's out of Longmont, Colorado.
Speaker 9: Yes, and that's where this wedding was, okay, but all I know about him is his name's Charles. And this is gonna go to this blox chain here in a minute. And his girlfriend says, honey, showing your other airplanes, check out this number no number one zero eight nine. Okay, what do you think about that one?
Speaker 1: Well, it's gonna take me more than us.
Speaker 8: Well, it's a bomb anyway, it's a Bombadier twenty two seats.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I'm sitting with this guy.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's a corporate jet and this guy owns these two and you just sit down with this guy, we'll come to find out.
Speaker 9: This guy's name is Charles Hot. Did you ever hear that name?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, he's one of the car He owns a company now called Cardano, but he was one of the founder he's the founder of Cardanel, but he was one of the founders of in Theorium to hear them.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know any of those. No, I don't.
Speaker 8: I think that's a crypto right in Theorium or whatever.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and that's what this is. This is all blockchain stuff. Well, car Dano, which is Charles's operation. He has a heck of a website if you want to learn about this, called the Cardano Academy. Uh, very very lengthy website of how you can learn about anything you want to know about blockchain.
Speaker 8: Oh, that's pretty cool. It says free. It's basically free education on blockchain.
Speaker 9: Yep, that's it. That guy.
Speaker 4: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Good, thank you, thank you for that.
Speaker 8: What is the u r L again, Mark, I just typed in car Dano blackchain and you'll find it. It came up as first one. It's a cardanofoundation dot org. Cardanofoundation dot org.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: And and so the guy basically just wants to educate people.
Speaker 8: I mean, they're doing it. It looks like there's you can get certified whatever the hell that means, and some other stuff. But yeah, there's some free stuff on here.
Speaker 1: And you just happen to run into him at a wedding.
Speaker 9: At a wedding of all things. And I didn't know who this guy was, but we had a mute the guy whose daughter got married. He said, hey, there was there was a couple hundred people at this party and we just got, you know, seated, and oh that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But do you know what I love?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I love more than anything in the world, I swear to God, it's getting fewer and far between. I love when I meet people who are interesting, I mean truly interesting, you know, not these boring god almighties, these people who think they're interesting. But I'm talking about like really interesting people who do stuff, you know, or who know stuff, and especially when they're smarter than me. The smarter they are, the more I seem to be enamored because I love learning. And as you get older, I'm not saying you know everything, but as you get older, it gets more and more difficult to learn, truly learn new things.
Speaker 9: This guy is like he was last year, or so he was. And since I've found out who this guy is, he's like thirty five thirty six years old. But when and I'm twice his age, and I'm listening to him, and you're right.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, because I want to hear about what you heard when you.
Speaker 1: Listen to him.
Speaker 2: I got to take this break. I'm Tom Martinez. Three h three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. Pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Dean's got a comment on crypto. He said he was at a place at dinner, basically a wedding, and he met a man and the man knew his way.
Speaker 1: Around crypto and a lot of other things. And uh, I think is he the father of this site? Cardano? Is that his name? Where is the name Dane come from?
Speaker 9: Well, that's that's an Italian name. It has something to do with mathematics, and that's what Charles is. He's he's a mathematic genius.
Speaker 2: His his okay, and what does he do? What?
Speaker 1: What does Carl?
Speaker 9: Do you mean Cardano?
Speaker 1: I mean Cardano?
Speaker 9: Sorry, Yeah, they're a cryptocurrency. They're they're one of the bit they're the fifth biggest bitcoin companies in the world, and they they have I'm not sure. I'm not a bitcoin expert other than you brought this thing up about people not understanding it. I'm the first guy that does not right but me. But see Tom, seeing what this guy's done and sitting with a guy like that for a couple of hours, and what he's talking about and what he's into and He wasn't bragging, but it was. It was hard to comprehend when he and I know what a Blackhawks is and you do too. Most people don't own those things. And and then he shows me this other airplane. I'm thinking, who is this cat? Well?
Speaker 2: You know? And I yeah, you know, listen, the thing that people own. I don't care what people own. Those are material things. What I care about is what people know. Because there are a lot of idiots with money. There are a lot of empty idiots with money that have scammed people out of money and have gotten money in.
Speaker 1: Ill gotten ways.
Speaker 2: So when somebody's got things, I don't give a damn about what they own or what they flash. What I care about is what they know. And this guy sounds like he knows. And I love that kind of stuff.
Speaker 9: You you you want to get an education. He gave some. He was at a congressional hearing because the SEC was trying to bring this box chain in crypto under FDC controls. Okay, and you know a little bit about the stock market. You're in that business now, and yes stocks right, and you have SEC and Fener and all that kind of stuff. Well, yeah, right, the SDC is trying to bring him and his crypto industry under it, and he goes back to Congress. He was given these senators as there. If he's hearing, you are to watch this. He's given the senators lessons on this crypto, what it is, and why it should not be regulated by the SEC. It's fascinating. I don't know how long he spent back in Washington, d C. But it was it's seal several hours of these congressional hearings and none of these senators could keep up with him.
Speaker 1: Now here's what what is his full name? The guy that you sat next to.
Speaker 12: So his name is Charles Hoskinson's Charles Hoskinson Hopkinson Houskinson and he's one of they don't h O s k I N s O n okay. He is one of the co founders of Erythrium. And then he also founded the second cryptocurrency which is the topic of today's discussion, which is Cardano. It's a currency, it's got nothing to do with bit.
Speaker 1: So this guy's a genius.
Speaker 12: So I think it's I think it's important to separate two distinct issues. One is how much money can you make by inventing cryptocurrency as this guy did. And then the second issue is how much money can people like you and I and Dean here make by speculating cryptocurrencies. So the founder definitely did really well, and he bagged a couple of jets out of it and everything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's worth almost a billion dollars, not quite a billion.
Speaker 12: But I wouldn't draw any inference from that regarding like what the rest of us can do with either, of course, not cardano or anything else.
Speaker 2: So this is pretty fascinating though, that you met the guy. Did he help you understand crypto better?
Speaker 9: No? No, he never brought it up. He just said he was in mathematics. I buy after he showed me those airplanes. So I thought this guy is worth taking a look at. And either he you know, this is you know, some BS story. He was telling me. You know that these parties people tell you this stuff. But he's telling me this, and he but he threw something else. He says, are you a hunter? And I said he I used to? He says, he says, well, he says, if you'd like to hunt, I've got a little little place up in Wyoming. I got eleven thousand acre ranch upster hunting around eleven thousand acres. Yeah, he says, I got vice on on us, and it's true, he's got this. And then I of all things. After that, a couple of weeks later, I meet a woman that's a cook at his ranch up in Wyoming. This eleven thousand acre right, well that's cool. Now you can't do.
Speaker 12: This, well, I think the moral huh, yeah, well, I think the moral of the story. I think the moral Sean, the moral of your story is that it pays really well to invent cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Well, or to invent it.
Speaker 4: That's what he did.
Speaker 1: Is Ethereum his his coin.
Speaker 12: He was one of the co founders of Erythrium, and he is the founder of Cardano, which is another cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Is Cardano in and of itself the currency?
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's a cryptocurrency. It's analogous to bid How many?
Speaker 1: How many are there going to be?
Speaker 2: I mean, truly, what's to prevent people from just inventing them?
Speaker 12: Again, there's nothing to prevent. But there are hundreds, if not thousands of cryptocurrencies.
Speaker 1: There are. Yeah, So that's where the weakness is going to come in.
Speaker 9: All right, Okay. I think his strong point though, and the Cardwano. You know, he invented it and he got me at in ethereum. His background in this software stuff was his company too that he invented was input Output. That's and that got it.
Speaker 1: Input output is that's his other company.
Speaker 9: That is the companies that owns the jet and the Blackhawks. But that's the Clocker company that I think this.
Speaker 2: Guy's obsessed with aircraft. You know, I don't give a damn about who owns what. I want to know about the accomplishment of the companies and all of that. Again, I see what you use as your meter for success, and that is material things. That's wonderful. I want to know more about this. This is, this is this guy is in Colorado. That's wonderful. I'd love to meet the guy. I would love to meet this guy. Okay, now we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. John Fuller, by the way, UH Personal Injuryco dot com.
Speaker 1: UH, John is our guest today.
Speaker 2: Call Fuller dot com is another UH is another way you can get a hold of them or three oh three, five nine seven forty five hundred.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's been with us the whole time. We got more coming right up.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call compassing insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. Okay, Well, thank you very much for being with Sean Fuller. As as we bring this, uh this show to a close here though, I think, honest to God, we have a message that you've been singing since I met you, and that is you cannot depend on the laws of minimum insurance.
Speaker 1: Coverage to take care of you.
Speaker 2: That there's more likely at chance than not, more likely than not that the person who hits you will not be insured to take care of you.
Speaker 1: John, did he leave to.
Speaker 2: He's gone to I'm the only one here but I'm going to tell.
Speaker 1: What he does.
Speaker 2: He preaches get underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage. It is mandatory.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 2: There's an eighty five percent chance eighty five percent that when someone hits you, they do not have.
Speaker 1: Adequate coverage to protect you.
Speaker 2: Not adequate coverage, which means you're going to hit the shortfall. Even though your case might be worth millions. If someone is not covered, you're never going to collect.
Speaker 1: The next thing to get is med pay.
Speaker 2: Those two coverages are the most important aspects of today's show I should leave you with. Meanwhile, don't forget three oh three Martino for your help, information and referrals.
Speaker 1: Save all your problems for me.