Speaker 1: One on one with Linchintaco, Orlando's Rock Station one oh one one w j r R. Before you get into idiotology, some information you might find useful. If you're in the market for trying to win Welcome to Rockville four day passes.
Speaker 2: You might be thinking, yeah, you totally you have them on the show all week.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 2: But also at our Instagram page if you're not following this on Instagram, it's at one O one one w j r R.
Speaker 1: Another Tuesday ticket takeover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four day passes. Just uh, you'll see Clanger up there giving you instructions what to do. It's super simple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do it?
Speaker 2: Do it? You just post hashtag jr R rocks and who you want to bring to Rockville with you lot four day passes. If you're selected, they and they choose multiple people.
Speaker 1: So it's at one O one one w jr R on art install You do that anytime today. Yeah, no pressure right now? All right, let's begin in lazy.
Speaker 2: I'd need some loise An.
Speaker 1: The assistant fire chief in Harvey, Louisiana, was arrested last week. This is slightly embarrassing.
Speaker 2: To do a lot.
Speaker 1: He was busted allegedly stealing Pokemon cards from Target. Seriously, come on now, it's even worse than it sounds on the surface. Thirty eight year old Justin Taylor booked on four counts of theft, computer fraud, and universal product code fraud. He is accused of making his own labels and placing them on the cards to make them cheaper, according to police.
Speaker 2: So that's where the computer fraud comes.
Speaker 1: In, yep, and the tampering with universal pricing code.
Speaker 2: And on top all those charges, you're pretty much gonna lose your job.
Speaker 1: Looks that you already didn't. Looks that way. You can't have a Pokemon card thief coming out to put the fire out.
Speaker 2: Nah, he's gonna be sitting there playing with this. Whatever you do with Pokemon card, get them all, he's gonna be at the fire at the scene of the fire pet searching around for a hidden Pokemon card.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I had to take my headphones off. I was getting too warm in here with the ac out. You're gonna be all right on. Elevators still not working. Just give you a heads up. We lost power overnight in the building.
Speaker 1: I arrived this morning, pulled in the lot to complete pitch like Hurricane level power outage. Uh huh, pitch black. And I found my way up to the fourth floor somehow.
Speaker 2: And then he got here at what time, at two thirty in the morning, and couldn't do anything, no computer, no nothing.
Speaker 1: The old power. The only power we had was running this soundboard sending a signal to our transmitter to keep us on the air. That was it. And I known I might have slept a little longer extra sleep. Well, daf, that's my biggest problem today. I think I'm doing all right.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent of me being a little warm right now is tough. Listen real quick. I did sleep a little longer and then pulled up like normal, you know, hit the elevator button. Went h No, I had to run four flights of stairs and I had so much stuff in my arms. It's like great at two two five, two six, uh cushking text in. I'm willing to bet he's a virgin.
Speaker 1: Assistant fire chief. Hey, real quick here, I want you all to think about this. I have the answer. What's your average attention span when you're watching, say a movie or a show, or maybe listening or watching a podcast or reading for that matter, how long can you go before you have to do something else and specifically grab your phone to check it. How long does the average American now make it the attention span while doing those activities.
Speaker 2: Sadly enough, I've found myself doing that more and more. I'm gonna say six minutes, four to six minutes.
Speaker 1: Actually right around fifteen minutes, okay, yeah, fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: I think I'm just gonna start putting my phone across the room if I'm watching the show, just so I can focus on the show or focus on whatever I'm doing. Just put this little sucker right here, look just like that all the way over there.
Speaker 1: Teenagers injured in an explosion during a party in Kodiak, Alaska, at White Sam's Beach. There's a beach fire or a beach party bonfire type deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alaska beach party just sounds old.
Speaker 1: About forty teens gathered drinking beer on the beach at one fifteen in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, though, beach and it's like they're they're.
Speaker 1: Rugged individuals there. It's not the dead, it's not the dead of winter yet. Yeah, okay, party on the Arctic Ocean anyway. One of the teenagers has now been arrested in the explosion that injured and hospitalized eighteens when he thought it'd be a good idea to put a fifty five gallon drum of fuel into the fire. Genius big.
Speaker 2: See, that's when they needed the assistant fire marshall.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: This would be a good idea. Didn't see the assistant fire chief. If he wasn't stealing Pokemon cards, he could have been there to save the day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five gallon trum of fuel under the beach bonfire.
Speaker 2: That's just throwing a little gas in a fire is a bad idea. We've all seen it done. Most of us have been there when somebody did it fifty five gallon drum.
Speaker 1: And then there's this more on this on our Facebook page. Generally, when you're on a commercial flight and you're approaching your destination the flight deck.
Speaker 3: Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. From a flight deck. This is your captain. We're making our final approach shows you I might act to you. Please return your seatbacks to their proper position, put on your seatbelnce, and prepare for arrival. Treit ambles as well, and our cabin crew will be making one last pass through to collect any trash or incidentals. Okay, so we've all been through that, right. And as you're making your approach to port A Prince in Haiti, hit the deck we got incoming gunfire.
Speaker 2: Oh is it barbecue and his boys down there?
Speaker 1: Gang? Gunfire? Hit a Spirit Airlines jet that was about the land in port A Prince yesterday.
Speaker 2: I heard cock cock, you know, three time.
Speaker 1: A couple of us and the plane.
Speaker 2: We recognized the noise at a gunshot. So speaking of barbecue and crew, was he saying pop pop pop?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Good? Does it sound like something else the U?
Speaker 1: I guess they installed some new leader in Haiti yesterday, a president or whatever they call their leader there. And it's they're just crazy in the streets again. And the gangs are, you know, resisting this, and all hell was breaking loose. The pilot ended up pulling up when he realized they were to gunfire and took off for the Dominican nearby Dominican Republic. I would shares the island with Haiti. Oh I know. I've been to d R.
Speaker 2: I was there a few about about a year ago. I would not be wanting to land in Haiti period.
Speaker 1: Later in the day, a jet Blue flight discovered bullet holes in its.
Speaker 2: Uh god exterior like the underbelly of Yes, think.
Speaker 1: About that and the things that those of you might be a little edgy about flying. It's not usually one of your concerns.
Speaker 2: Remember when they shut down flights and cruises to Haiti. I remember this because my friend and his family were going on a cruise and one of the stops was gonna be down in that area. I think it's time to maybe shut him down again, shut down the flights.
Speaker 1: I do realize there's portions of Haiti that are you know, touristy personally, a thought of going there for any purpose whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Huh uh immediately and they said, we're gonna have to with the gunshots that are pilot pat talked about this is co pilot Taco Bob. With those gunshots, we're gonna have to lay down in Dominican Republic, I'd be doing cartwheels down the aisle of going, Thank.
Speaker 1: The Lord, skipping off to the nearby whorehouse.
Speaker 2: No now for that not to be getting shot down by Haitians.
Speaker 1: Small there status sure, Yeah. Stake station is w j R R