Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Let's jump right into swamp Watch. Do do banana when I'm not kissing babies?
Speaker 3: I'm stealing that way. Thanks. Here we got.
Speaker 4: The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 1: The other side never quits.
Speaker 5: So what I'm not going anywhere so that you train the.
Speaker 2: SWAT I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 6: You know, amans have always been gone at President, They're not stupid.
Speaker 3: A political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 7: Have the people voted for you were not swamp Watch, they're all count of Well, let's go live to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickham in Hawaii, where Peak's Pete Hegsat, Secretary of Defense is speaking.
Speaker 8: Specific or Eric Carilla are general.
Speaker 4: In sitcom, they do attack plans and war plans, and thank god we have those leaders who do it and do it well, and our enemies know it. My job, as it said at top of that, everybody's seen it now, Team Update is to provide updates in real time, general updates in real time, keep everybody in form.
Speaker 3: That's what I did.
Speaker 4: That's my job.
Speaker 8: The warfighters will take the fight to the enemy and I love what they do. And with President Trump's leadership, our enemies are unnotice. We will have peace through strength, and we'll keep putting our troops first. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he is wearing a blue long sleeve dress shirt, but it's unbuttoned three buttons, so you see that the chest hair, the whole bit. He's wearing a ball cap. It is a military ball cap, camo hat with an American flag over the top of it. But here is somebody, Secretary of Defense, Pete hag Seth, who's got to come out and be credible and be the guy that you trust. After this conversation gets leaked and he looks like he's on spring break in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Which is kind of a funny thing. I mean, because the.
Speaker 1: Optics are odd and it was a choice, make no doubt about it. That was a choice that somebody made.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: But he's a very he's savvy, he's a TV guy. That's where he comes from. In fact, I mean most recently, that's his career.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's not tucked in.
Speaker 2: One of the things that you'll notice about when Pete Hegseth speaks to reporters, even in a gaggle like that, because this is at the bottom of the steps that lead up to his big airplane that he's on. Then they call that a gaggle when there's a handful of reporters that are standing around. He looked, I don't know if you caught it. At the very end there he's talking about, it's my job to be credible, and it's my job to help lead these men and women into the you know, into dangerous parts of the world. He's looking directly in the camera when he says that, not at the reporter. A lot of times you'll see the politicians or whatever, they'll defer and they'll make eye contact with the report TVs. He knows exactly what he's doing when he looks directly in the camera and says something like that.
Speaker 1: So President Trump, by the way, is holding a press conference today at one o'clock hour time, So make no doubt about it, he will address this. That's one thing with this president. There's never a question of will he address X.
Speaker 3: Y or Z either.
Speaker 2: Are they ever going to answer questions.
Speaker 1: I mean one, that's one concern you don't have.
Speaker 2: To have, Okay. So to follow up on this, this all the fallout from a journalist being included on this very high level text chain that involved battle plans for the bombing of the Hoothy rebels in Yemen that we perpetrated against them back on the fourteenth, fifteenth of March, and the result of that, the article that first came out yesterday said that there were some very specific and probably classified battle plans that were involved. What we've found out now is that there are different versions of what classified might actually mean to different agencies, and of course there are different heads of agencies that were in in that discussion. Pete Hegseth's defense has been listen. There were no locations, There were no specific targets like whether it was a person that was targeted or a building that was targeted. There was no specific there was no specific information in this text chain about where these airplanes were coming from. It's not a surprise that it was an F eighteen. It's not a surprise that there were MQ nine Reaper drones that were involved. That stuff is not a surprise. It's sensitive, but sensitive is not a classification when it comes to something like what can be shared and can't be shared. And I'm not making a defense for these people. This was an idiotic conversation to have over an app like signal, especially if you're not going to have the operational security of determining who's in the room. Remember the guy that was invited this, Jeffrey Goldberg, editor in chief of The Atlantic, was invited into the room, whether it was through a mistake oracle air for whatever reason, that was the thing that made this available to everybody in the world now, and that was the mistake. I don't think anybody's going to get in trouble for releasing classified information. Apparently this does not qualify as classified information that would get the Secretary of Defense in trouble or anybody else who may have been involved in the chat. But it is at very least sensitive, and the people responsible need to bear some sort of punishment as a result of it, not just I've learned my lesson.
Speaker 1: Well, what is the punishment if you're not fired? What's the punishment that I don't know? I agree, I mean almost I've never heard of such a thing. If you're not fired, there is no punishment.
Speaker 2: You could that could be the thing that the President says today at one o'clock, is Mike Waltz tender to.
Speaker 1: Think get video games? He doesn't get his iPad for for two.
Speaker 2: Weeks, possibly retired to the Sanata Colonel guy named Darren Bogg, former Blackhawk pilot, former battalion commander. He talked about the Obviously this is an important thing because it is sensitive at the very least, but they know how to use signal. They are all taught early on how to use an app like this.
Speaker 6: That needs to be part of the investigation and have that question asked clearly, that needs to be answered.
Speaker 2: That question, of course being who is ultimately responsible. Was it Mike Waltz or was it a staffer?
Speaker 6: And very clearly to the American people, I believe in accountability. It doesn't matter which party or which side of the platform people come from. So let's take a look at it and let's come to a very clear answer on it. We absolutely need to. The other thing, though, is that signal was authorized for use because of its encryption and because of certain things you could pass that may have been unclassified. But that doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to throw it out there in front of the world for everybody to see. That's also not a smart conclusion either. But my advice to the people when I was in command and using signal was very simple. Assume that someone can see this that you don't want to, and you'll always be careful in what you share.
Speaker 1: I don't know how signal works, but in a group text, for me, I can see who is on the group text. Now, sometimes a picture won't come up, or a name and that's number. It'll just be a number or somebody that I don't know who's in the group text, right. I'm also not sharing a national sensitive information if we can.
Speaker 2: Call it that.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about football or something like that. But it is up to everyone. I mean, I'm assuming if I was to be sharing sensitive information, I'd sure as hell look at the top of the screen to make sure who was in that group chat, just to make sure. You can't just take that for granted that the people who are in the chat are supposed to be there.
Speaker 2: Well, if you uh to make it super personal, well yes, you could ruin relationships though, I mean, think about longtime relationships. If you said something snotty about someone's husband or their kid or something like that, and the wrong people heard it, you could ruin a relationship. What we're talking We're not talking national party in those cases.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about like I'm in a well, okay, one group chat. It involves a couple girlfriends and husbands and a couple sisters or whatever, and it's primarily based off of like kids stuff or football or Bay area whatever. You know. I know theory. I know who's in that group chat based off the context of the group chat had I been, so I'm not looking for people that I would offend in that because I know pretty much who's in it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: These guys probably think, if this is the topic, that they know who the group who's in the group chat, right, or they know who should be or they know who should be and most importantly who shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Nobody went through and looked at zactly who's involved. Yeah, and that's the.
Speaker 1: Which is the problem with the group chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how it goes from this point on. I don't know if Mike Waltz joins that trip to Greenland. I don't know if he lays low for a while. I don't think he should be fired.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're all dumbasses for engaging in that and not double checking who was in the group chat.
Speaker 2: But I don't know what other punishment there would be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know enough.
Speaker 2: He's ridiculously embarrassed right now, you can tell Yeah, I don't know enough about him to know is but he's the one who sent the emojis.
Speaker 1: I mean he should be fired for that alone. The American flag with the with their fist and the fire come on the other Uh, just for a week emoji game.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about Governor hot Wheels? No?
Speaker 1: But did you no? Go on tell me we'll talk about that, Okay. I also have Dodgers political news, political news.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Justin Worsham, host of the Dad Podcast, will be joining us coming up in moments. We'll be talking about parenting like we do with Justin every week. Today. The conversation. We kind of touched on it last week but realized it was a much bigger conversation to be had. When to take your kid's side versus when to take the teacher side? What a delicate dance, that is.
Speaker 2: Jasmin Crockett is a congresswoman out of the state of Texas.
Speaker 1: You usually don't sigh like that.
Speaker 2: I know, and I don't mean to be dramatic. She represents the thirtieth Congressional district or, as they say in Texas. The fight in thirtieth covers parts of Dallas County and Arrant County. She the other day, Saturday, specifically here in southern California, referred to Texas Governor Greg Abbott as Governor hot wheels. Do you know what particular physical ailment Governor Greg Abbot has, no the paralysis from the waist down. It's so he's been in a wheelchair for many many I did not know in these hot ass Texas streets.
Speaker 3: Honey, y'all know we got governor high wheels down there.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, y'all know we got Governor high wheels down there. Come on, now, hot wheels.
Speaker 1: Has the governor ever referred to himself as that?
Speaker 2: No, he may, Now I would if I was him, I'd start making posters with that little guy in a wheelchair, Governor hot wheels. You kidding?
Speaker 1: I love hot wheels, he went on last night. I still give my brother hot wheels, hot wheels.
Speaker 2: Last night on TV, he said, it's another sad day, another disaster for Democrats. They have no vision, no policy, nothing to sell but hate, and Americans aren't buying it. She went on to say, I wasn't talking about the governor's condition. I was thinking about the planes, trains and automobiles he used to transfer migrants into communities led by black mayors. Keep that same energy for all people, not just your political adversaries, she says.
Speaker 1: The Los Angeles Dodgers will be going to the White House. I heard on a station this morning that wasn't ours, a reporter who does a very good job doing man on the street interviews of Dodger fans, asking what they think about this. I thought, how ridiculous, how ridiculous. You are playing into the decisive vibe in this country right now. How dumb.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm not the managing editor of that place, But anyway, the LA Dodgers will accept Trump's invitation to the White House to celebrate their twenty twenty four World Series title, as they should. It made me proud of the Dodgers to do this despite being in a blue state, a blue city where there's a lot of people who love the Dodgers that hate this administration. It's nice to see them rise above politics and go to the White House for what it is, which is a sign of America.
Speaker 2: It's a celebration of the team, the.
Speaker 1: Celebration of the team and putting politics aside. They'll visit April seventh, before opening a series at the Nationals. They will visit it. They will visit Capitol Hill on the eighth. Dave Roberts called it a huge honor that each champion gets to experience. He said deciding to go to the White House was not a formal conversation he and the players had.
Speaker 2: So twenty seventeen, twenty nineteen, when did the Red Sox win. When Mookie was on the Red Sox, he said he wasn't going to go to the White House when Trump was in office. Dave Roberts had also said they weren't going to go during COVID when they won in twenty twenty that half season that they played or third of a season, whatever it was, and he said he wasn't going to go. When he was asked about that, Hey, you said before you wouldn't go if Trump was in office, Dave Roberts coyly said, didn't I yeah, and then basically like, we got to stop doing that, We got to stop doing that. He wants to celebrate the team. It's not an endorsement of him going on exactly. There is a very sad story that we're following, and unfortunately we don't have a lot of details about it just yet. Four Army soldiers US Army soldiers went missing during a training exercise in Lithuania. NATO's Secretary General had come out and said that they died. That's all we know. Mark Rutti rout As, the NATO Secretary General, said, this is still early news. We do not know the details. Officials announced a search was underway for the service members. Earlier in the day. They were taking part in scheduled tactical training outside of the capital city of Vilnius, and they said that they were searching for a vehicle that had gone missing today or yesterday.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: The four soldiers and the vehicle were reported missing yesterday during an exercise in Pabrade, which is a town near the Belarussian border.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Belarus, of course is a ally of Russia and has a very bad relationship, right now with Lithuania lot via Estonian.
Speaker 2: As an accident. They said that they were there, there's swampy land in that area. They may have rolled over, become trapped, that kind of thing, but that all those details have yet to be yet to be made clear.
Speaker 1: So all right, Gary and Shannon will continue justin Worsham will join us. Have years Has your kid ever gone to a fight with the teacher where you're like, my kid's got a point, And then it's like, how do you teach your kid to respect authority but at the same time holding your ground? Do you go to back? Oh? My gosh, so many questions. We'll get into it when we come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI. AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, a series that came out on Netflix for episode series, each episode done in one shot. We made a big deal of how cool it was when the Bear finale one season was done in one shot and the intensity that brings. Well, this series is intense alone, you add the layer of just one shot and it becomes even more so intense. The subject matters very hard. It's a very difficult show to watch, but it's done extremely well. We'll be talking about adolescents coming up in the next hour.
Speaker 2: Somebody pointed out the Dodgers weren't going to go to the White House until they were invited to the White House. That's usually how the White House works. Just so everybody knows, you can't just go to the White House and knock on the door. Well you can, No, I can't. It's kind of funny. No one can.
Speaker 1: No. I mean, you can go take a tour of the White House, sure, but.
Speaker 2: You're not going to just anyway.
Speaker 1: You're not going to be a visitor with the President of the United States without an invitation.
Speaker 2: You can't call and say he could he could he squeeze me in for like ten or fifteen, just a quick ten.
Speaker 3: I love the idea of the Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Though, Elmer, give me that. There you go, No, try it again.
Speaker 3: What does it?
Speaker 2: Turn it up?
Speaker 6: Check?
Speaker 2: Check it is that even plugged in? Looks like it's plugged in.
Speaker 1: This I should be burned down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should seriously try that one.
Speaker 1: Turn the entire place to the floor.
Speaker 2: Lord, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Still it's not working, Elmer, what's happening here? Should we burnt Elmer, do you have a lighter? Do you have matches?
Speaker 3: This is not Over's fault. I know for a fact this is not Over's.
Speaker 2: Fault because they're both on Yeah, and I'm talking right up.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking for a fire starter from Elmer at this point.
Speaker 3: He's already got a fire in there. The poor guy. He's sitting there and maybe there's an engineer listening. He's running around like crazy. I don't know. Uh, you want me to stop talking.
Speaker 2: Senior technical advisor to the show, Jacob Gonzalez is now on it, and it appears that we are closer.
Speaker 3: Okay, at that nicely DoD Jacob for the Everyone can.
Speaker 2: Post it note over that button. Whatever it was, just so we know program four is what it was in my day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What I was going to say is that I love the idea of the La Dodgers showing up for just a White House tour like that would be.
Speaker 2: That's how they all got carrying the World Series trophy, just.
Speaker 3: Walking around, no appointment, no plans to meet the president. Just I'm just here to see.
Speaker 9: Some portraits, justin I wanted to talk to you about baseball, Yes you would, so we touched about this last week and realized it's a much longer conversation.
Speaker 1: Your kid gets in trouble with a teacher. Your teacher put your kid in trouble, and your kid comes home and tells you the story, and you're like, wait a minute, kid's got a point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I started going through a bunch of like, what I found is is that there's obviously not a lot of research on this. What I found is a lot of anecdotal experience from both the teacher side and like parent bloggers and stuff. So I've kind of like, I'm just gathering all this information and this is what I've kind of sussed it out to be. I think the first step you have to do if you have an issue with your teacher and your kid, or they have an issue with each other, whatever that is, you have to get to the bottom of it, right. You have to start asking questions. And I think what I've heard from my I'm very involved in both of the schools, so I know a lot of the admin, I know a lot of the teachers, the staff, And what seems to be a common thing that parents like to do is they go directly to the principal and if they don't like what the principal says, They go directly to the superintendent. Superintendent probably doesn't know your kid's name right exactly, but you know who does. And this is the other thing too, is like I had my son was having an issue with another student at his elementary school. They were in this like chess club after school because my son is super cool.
Speaker 1: And chess is actually very cool.
Speaker 3: Right now, my bad, this was ten years ago. Was it cool?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay cool?
Speaker 9: So I tried to just a big nerd then maybe I just accidentally was sarcastic.
Speaker 3: So anyway, the kid like hit him, literally hit him, and my son was like, he slapped me, and I was like, okay. So I went into the office and I said, there's this young man. I don't know his name because my son didn't know him, and they knew his first his last name at the front desk, right, so like they know the people have the school know the kids that are the problems. There's like five of them in reschool. So the way you go about doing that, like, so now you're going to talk to the teacher. I always go to get the teacher side of things. So I send an email directly to the teacher and say, hey, I just want to ask a question because this is what I'm seeing, and I try to put in there like, you know, I wanted to be a teacher when I was a kid. You know, you're sucking up. I think my son is awesome, but I know he's not an angel.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't want to. You don't want to come across as the biased, the biased parent. You don't want to become. You don't want to come across someone who's anti teacher because that will that will put I mean not just a teacher, but you don't want to put that person on the defensive.
Speaker 3: I call them pitchfork and torch bearers. They're a lot, especially here in their bank. There are lots of parents who led to gather their pitchforks and torches and head to a school board meeting and get justice.
Speaker 1: That's awful.
Speaker 3: It's awful. It's really not good, even if they're right. To be honest, it's not good.
Speaker 2: It's not good, especially when it conflicts with their HOA meetings.
Speaker 3: They don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Lemon yellow or canary yellow? What are we outlining?
Speaker 3: They they divide a cocker. You're going to go to ja, I got this board. So then after I get feedback from the teacher, then I go to my kid and I start asking my kid questions. I found that if you ask your kid five or six questions about what's going on with their teacher, that you can suss out how valid this is, because when they're they're kids, they're horrible at lying. I was gone this weekend, right, I helped chaperone a trip.
Speaker 1: For some sort of illness.
Speaker 3: No, I just lost my voice. Oh, actually from yelling and not yelling at scolding, but just projecting, projecting, projecting of course the vast massive.
Speaker 1: Are you in England?
Speaker 3: No, I just went there for a minute. I wanted to feel cool chess for a change. So anyway, there was a kid who I think he was messing around. That's my theory. If his parents are listening, I don't know. I'm just using this as an example because it came up. He got hurt, and he may or may not been like messing around in the gym at the hotel. Right, I just started asking him. I asked him three questions. After I asked him three questions, I kind of had an idea of what was going on, and as soon as I connected with his mother. His mother had an idea of what was going on. Do we have absolute hard evidence, No, we don't. Does it really matter? Not really, But my point is is that you, as a parent, you can feel it in your gut when your kid. Did you ever have a moment where your kids lied to you, Gary and you kind of knew it? Or did you not have that?
Speaker 2: We always knew, I shouldn't. I should say we always knew. We assumed that a lot of times what they were going to say was lies. Oh and we actually we talked about and it's just a natural thing. Like I lied as a kid to my parents, I assumed that my kids would lie to me about certain things. We said something very early on, and it worked a lot longer, and we thought it would. Whenever you lie, there's a little piece of your forehead that turns red. It was like a little spot on your forehead that would turn red and and we would we would call it your mommy dot. And whenever you started to tell a lie, it would get red. And the more lie you told, the brighter it would get.
Speaker 3: You gave them a Pavlovia tell like you said, you here's how it works.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like, if you pee in the pool, it turns out that.
Speaker 2: Was between two and four years old, something like that. For many years, they would when you'd ask questions about whatever, like who broke the lamp. I don't know if that ever happened in our house, but there was a lot of this. They would like literally lean into their try to cover their mommy dot when they were to answer the question.
Speaker 3: I love that their adults nout, so it doesn't matter that this information is out there and.
Speaker 1: It's not that far off though, because a physical response is turning red.
Speaker 2: Sure, and then I mean that was part of the reason why we did it, was to at least give them some pause when they were about to lie right Oh, they're going to find out, which was also another tell if they didn't answer the question right away, they're trying to figure out how can they get away with their you know, their mommy dot not showing.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. I love that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so if you want, we can talk more about what to do once you find out that your kid is lying, and what to do if you found out your kid is telling the truth.
Speaker 2: Paying attention to the clock, trying Gary will continue Justin Wrsham has joined us.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Not to say, if you're in LA, they don't even show up. Swatter come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a lot to go to.
Speaker 1: The suburbs for that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Justin Warsham has joined us. We're talking about the very sticky issue of let's say, hypothetically your kid gets in trouble with a teacher or has some sort of conflict with the teacher. How do you know which side to take in those instances?
Speaker 3: So we talked about getting to the bottom of what's going on by really, I think you first get your teacher's side, right, the kid's teacher side, and then you go back and you ask your kid questions.
Speaker 1: How do you say that? Though get your teacher's side, you can't say, like, now, what's your side of the story, missus Brown? You have to be like, so, what happened? Right?
Speaker 3: I always send an email and say, this guy, this is what I'm hearing. Right, I'm hearing this from my son. And I always end every email that I've ever sent to a teacher, which is honestly very few. I said, I go.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your service.
Speaker 3: You're a hero. Oh now I have offended teacher. Sorry, all right, listen, I'm gonna be honest, like not all of them, Mark probably.
Speaker 1: I got a Facebook message from a guy who my dad taught him in the early eighties. He sent me a Facebook message a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to let you know your dad was my all time favorite teacher. And that was in the early eight forty years ago.
Speaker 3: Most of us are lucky to have three, right, because it's like any job, there's a there's a small.
Speaker 1: Percentage there their their their impact live es of course.
Speaker 3: So every email I end was saying, you know, it is not lost on me that my child is not an angel. So I just want to feel free to get okay, Like because when I was young, I wanted to be a teacher, and so I got to hang out. When I was literally in third grade, I would hang out in the teacher's lounge. And after I did that for a few months, you become kind of wallpaper and you get to hear what they really say about parents and what they think, and that was very impactful.
Speaker 2: And you were invited into this c cha room. Yeah, yeah, I got to I hung out in the teacher's lounge too, because my mom was a teacher.
Speaker 3: No, no, I went to a year round school three months on, one month off, and I wanted to be an elementary school teacher. And I befriended for how much an eight year old can befriend a forty year old this teacher, and she would let me come in and help her class. They were like lower and I would like run errands. I would make I use the ditto machine. And during that time, my favorite part was I got to use the restroom in the teacher's lounge. She would let me. And it was funny because after I'd done it, I literally did this for like five years. I did it into middle school. I stopped in high school because a thing happened. What was it, girls, Yeah, that was yeah, all of a sudden that became way more interesting than hanging out. That was some elementary school kids. And so they were just they go, well, you could use the restruman here if you want. I'm like, no, I'd never have used the privilege when I was actually there as a student. It was only when I was there as a helper. But anyway, that gave me tons of I feel insight into what they go through, and so I always say, like, I don't want to be that parent, but I always add that thing like, I know my kid's not an angel. I just want to try to figure it out. And that has worked. Most of the time that I've emailed teachers, it's been my kid who's screwing up, but a couple of times it was the teacher and they're just being a jerk.
Speaker 2: I've had an experience like that, and it's many many years ago, and it was ten ten years ago now, but my son was in high school and was accused of doing something that I didn't think he did. He had put together a video that they thought was a big deal. I didn't think it was a big deal. They thought that he was going after some teachers or whatever making fun of him and all that sort of stuff othering them and the teachers themselves were not the ones that were the concern. It was administrators, and it was administrators who had things like they had degree ease in.
Speaker 3: Psycholocial socials.
Speaker 2: It's just the squishy ones, the squishy majors, the squishy degrees. And it became one of those issues where I said Listen, I don't condone what he did. He was making Joe. It was a series of jokes for his buddies, and he wanted to put it on YouTube and wanted to see how many views he could get, right, And one of the issues was that it had so many views on YouTube. It had one hundred and fifty or two hundred views on YouTube. And when you look into the statistics of how many of those views came from within my own house, which took a quarter of a second of research to figure out. A hold on a second, and I remember saying to the administrators, listen, you guys are afraid that this is something widespread. Out of one hundred and fifty views of this video, one hundred and forty seven of them originate from the IP address that is my house. Now, how in the world do you think this is widespread other than him clicking start on that video to get the number of views up to make it think you think that they was being viewed over and over again.
Speaker 1: Well, from my recollection of this incident from your life, it was also very la and very apropos of this topic because he was doing something for comedic value and it was very funny very funny. If he took that to late night writers, they would have been like that's good stuff. Yeah, fun But in Hollywood it would have been great, right, because that's the stuff. It's in your backyard, it's what you're exposed to. But under the microscope of the Public Policy Institute Majors or whatever, they were like, this is incendiary, you know, like this is a threat. And it was like, no, it's good natured comedy. It's comedy, and so like from that aspect as a parent, it's like, you know, your kid's creative, this borderline pretty genius for the age that this kid was. And they're telling you that the kid's a threat or something. It's like f and you like, I would have lot like That's why I kind of wanted to talk about it too, because how do you not lose it when it's just a difference of opinion. It's not like black or white, right or wrong. It's the way that you're looking at it versus the way they're looking at.
Speaker 3: Very few people in education, in my experience, are big fans of satire about education, right they do. They don't have that idea, And it's I don't know that I honestly have the answer.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that I've had incidences where the teacher got offended because of something that my kid did. And what I told the teacher is I go, this is a person like it was because he challenged her. He told her she was wrong and she was wrong, but he didn't lie. She didn't. And I said, here's what the thing. We can agree that the way he told you was wrong, you were wrong, was wrong. He did it disrespectfully by just yelling you're wrong, but that's what he did. Yeah, but he's a kindergartener when it happened, and I said, what he should have done is raise this and said you were wrong. Can we agree on that? This is what I told her.
Speaker 1: She's like it was weird, but he was like, you're wrong and you're a woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's why you're wrong. And my father told me, and my father.
Speaker 5: Knows best, but your point how to breast if.
Speaker 2: You remember, And I love him for it.
Speaker 3: And I will do the same for my incompetent wife.
Speaker 2: But like you said, you said that these administrators and teachers, they all they know, they know who the bad ones are. They know they they know the ones that are gonna have they're gonna have to keep their eyes on. That became an issue too because the teacher that was involved in this video or that was shown in the video, She's like, I just thought he was such a nice guy. I'm like, yeah, he is. He is a nice guy. He loved your class. Your immediate gut reaction is one percent correct. Stop listening to these people over here, get their feelings hurt by stuff and acknowledge of it. I mean, I don't even do you know do you know that silly meme where those I'm gonna sound like such a grandpa here, those old six little sunglasses, like you did something cool and they kind of fall down under your head and you did something cool. That's what he did to her, like like he loved her. And then he put the sunglasses that came down after she described some historical thing event from World War two.
Speaker 3: Like it was a mic drop, and she took it as he's making fun of.
Speaker 2: You know, she didn't she had no clue what it meant. She didn't know anything.
Speaker 3: She's like that, that's horrible.
Speaker 2: And then the administrator was trying to tell her like, oh, he's got it out for you.
Speaker 1: You know what, we should get our pitchforks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what completely changed my mind. You're getting a piece of my mind today, mister Newt.
Speaker 1: I can see being a pitchfork person is what I'm saying. Man, I get it.
Speaker 3: Have you Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you seen Adolescents on Netflix? Oh my god, you're going to want to listen twelve twenty. We're going to talk.
Speaker 3: About that show. It's fun.
Speaker 1: I told you, even though you don't remember, I told you know to watch it.
Speaker 3: Can I say one quick thing before you go that I think is very important. Don't try to get your kid out of the teacher's class right away. Be aware of what that says to your kid, because that's going to give them empowerment that you may not want them to have. Yes, that shouldn't be the first recourse, and that's a lot of parents first recourse. That's not a good movement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't remind kids.
Speaker 3: By dealing with an a hole that could teach you a lot.
Speaker 1: That's my whole problem. We hear everyone, stay what that was my problem with the me too movement? You can't remove all the a holes that are going to show you their penis to learn to deal with them.
Speaker 3: Somebody isolated, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I just I mean no, no, all right, you're missing the point.
Speaker 2: I'll show you the never mind. That's stop it, Gary Shannon, will you right after this? You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on kf I AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and any time on demand on the iHeartRadio app