Speaker 1: Good morning Meg.
Speaker 2: Coming to here from the beautiful I Heart Radio facilities in the shadow of the three sixty Bridge on Lake Austin. This is the semi popular JB and Sandy show. We'd love for you to be a part of the show. Our numbers eight four to four, three nine zero Cavett. Find us on social media at KVET FM on Instagram, Facebook ninety eight to one k Vett. My name is Sandy. This is my buddy. His name's JB. Hello, Tricia is here too.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 2: You don't mind me saying what JB is, right, you don't care. Jeffrey Benedict. But it's weird about that is that I've got two friends middle name.
Speaker 4: Benedict, both from Kansas, both from Kansas, both from the same hometown, same city, from Atchison, Kansas.
Speaker 1: Yep, it makes sense.
Speaker 4: It's not that random and middle name in Atchison because there's Benedictine College in Saint Benedict's Church and it's a small town.
Speaker 2: And my other buddy is cheeseburger Brock Brock Benedict unusual middle name.
Speaker 1: I don't have a middle name. Do you know should get one?
Speaker 3: People too?
Speaker 2: I wonder if I can get one on Amazon. I'm gonna take a look at that today, Chorica to get us started with the first thing that made you laugh today?
Speaker 1: What do you have y'all?
Speaker 5: Remember when we used to jump out of the swing's midair the knees was fresh out the box.
Speaker 3: I can't do that now. I hurt my knee standing up sometimes.
Speaker 1: Right jumping out of the swing. I wouldn't do that right.
Speaker 3: Now, trying to gauge just the right second.
Speaker 1: To take off to the far and you're floating for a.
Speaker 3: Second and you're anticipating that crash.
Speaker 1: How'd you do it today?
Speaker 3: I've done it not.
Speaker 5: Too long ago with our daughter on a playground when we're at a park one time.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: It hurt a little bit. Did you get some air? I did.
Speaker 5: I was a little conservative on my air, but I still got some good air.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking we should do this as a playground challenge. Oh so you can still jump out of a swing?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, there's like strategy and math involved with letting go at the right point.
Speaker 2: You're not going to be the good at it. And did you guys run out of the swing like at the bottom. You get real high, get to the bottom and just run right out of it.
Speaker 1: If you know when you're laying on your belly and you run on the swing, Wow, No, you're swinging right.
Speaker 2: You're back and forth when you when the when it comes down to the bottom, you just step out of the sound and just start running and you like exiting.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, you did that a couple of times. That's fun.
Speaker 2: It's part of the Swinging and Sandy's playground challenge.
Speaker 1: Tether ball, kickball, do it, man, do it? Monkey bar shoulders. I can't do that. I hurt myself.
Speaker 2: We'll mold that around in our post show meeting that we never have.
Speaker 1: It's Jamie and Sandy Show.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us, ninety eight one kve at your all time country favorites.
Speaker 1: Let's do care. Don't care, trist what you got?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: You guys? Care?
Speaker 5: I think to find out what gen Z's latest insult is.
Speaker 1: The last one you told this was LARPing.
Speaker 5: LARPing a live action role play. It's as somebody is a LARPer. Say you show up to one pilates class and you post a video and try and act like you're a fitness influencer.
Speaker 3: You're LARPing being a fitness influence.
Speaker 1: Do you care what the new one is? Jab if somebody I'm interested?
Speaker 5: Yeah, polyester. Somebody calls you polyester. That means you're low quality and cheap.
Speaker 1: Oh pase, low quality? And I know, but I love it.
Speaker 5: It's biting, it's cutting, it's clever. Get your point across one word.
Speaker 1: I dated some polyesters in the day.
Speaker 3: Is that why you dated him? Because they were cheap?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Do you guys care?
Speaker 5: Don't care to find out about Matthew McConaughey and his hints about his potential political aspiration.
Speaker 1: Of this again? It comes up every now and then. I don't care to hear.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't care.
Speaker 2: If you all care, look it up, grab your phone. It's right next to you can finally answer, it's.
Speaker 5: Right next to it, all right, finally care, don't care to find out what happened on a roller coaster at six Flags in Georgia, going over seventy miles an hour, what this guy managed to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I care? Love it?
Speaker 3: Not dirty, y'all?
Speaker 5: Sound like you think it might be dirty? Isn't that so the guy's going? You know, they have the cameras that follow the whole the whole trail track of the roller coaster. Somebody in front of him their shoe flew off at seventy miles an hour, and he reaches up and grabs it and holds on to it till the end. When he gets off in the station, he's like, somebody lose a shoe. And it was a group of girls freaked out and we're so excited and jumped on and hugged him.
Speaker 3: The thought they're gonna have to walk around one.
Speaker 5: Shoe the missing catlike rea cat like Ninja reflexes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was watching a.
Speaker 2: Video of somebody riding a roller coaster and it was one of those ones that you go backwards on.
Speaker 1: They're going backwards in the I threw up right on the person. Oh right, yeah, that would not be fun. You're not afraid of a roller coaster.
Speaker 4: I'd love a roller coaster, but I completely freak out on any of the rides that hang from cables.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, you're not interested in that? And have you?
Speaker 3: You don't get sick, they spin year round, you don't get naous.
Speaker 1: Just not too bad.
Speaker 4: There were I went to Fiesta, Texas about six months ago. With my daughter and the roller coasters. I love it because it's like a fast car. Yeah, but some were spinning and it was you were going backwards. I was like, eh, I just want to go forwards fast. A couple of loop to loops you're fine with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, upside down, I don't mind.
Speaker 4: But man, there's just like there's the thing where you hang in a chair off from a long cable and spinner.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I told her, I drew the line. I said, I'm not doing that. I will freak out.
Speaker 2: Is there a better feeling, Well, there's a better feeling in the world, But the feeling right when you're at the peak of the roller coaster and about to go down, I love it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's terrifying. I kind of want to cry sometimes when they really at that point. I just don't get on a minute.
Speaker 1: I forget on a roller coaster.
Speaker 5: Remember when you tricked me when we were in Cincinnati. I thought I was getting on one of the little kiddie roller coasters. It was just the launching pad to their new gigantic, biggest roller coaster ever in the park.
Speaker 1: At that time, it was the fastest roller coaster in the in the world. Yeah, I think it's passed up since then. That's Care to Oak Care Wake Up Boston with JB and Sandy Pund ninety eight one.
Speaker 3: Texas is getting a legit amusement park.
Speaker 5: On Tuesday, Circuit of the America's announced that Coda Land, their amusement park that they've been working on for a while now, is gearing up for its grand opening on September twenty sixth and twenty seventh of this year. You're going to have special guests. They're going to have a ribbon cutting ceremony. You can take all the rides. No problems on the rides, like no lines and stuff like that. They're moving everybody through fireworks celebration at the end. It's going to be big deal. I can see the track. That's what I want to go see, is the big giant track where they have like the Formula One races and the Grand Prix races.
Speaker 3: So it's happening the.
Speaker 1: Same thing, is it.
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: It's just funny you're talking about this track like it's been there like what twelve years?
Speaker 5: I know, but I believe you get more up close and personal to it because it's between like two tracks or something.
Speaker 3: Like that Formula one track in Grand Prix track are the same thing. Not the tracks. The race is the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, they run the Grand Prix. The Grand Prix is an F one race.
Speaker 5: Oh I thought there were two completely different types of cars and everything now and.
Speaker 1: This is legit, like Austin turisty things. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's a destination. People will come from all over the Dakota. It's called code Land Total Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, live entertainment, family experiences, you name it. They got at this place.
Speaker 2: It sounds cool. I saw a video on Instagram, I mean yesterday. It looks incredible, and all I could think of while watching it was like, finally Austin has grown up enough that we're doing things right, because everything, I mean everything in the late eighties, nineties, even the early two thousands was so half asked right. Everything was just like not funded well enough, and it was like, let's see if we can make it work. And here I've got a plan on a cocktail napkin that I wrote, you know, at some bar somewhere.
Speaker 4: One of the founders or potential founders ends up in jail, that's all.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of that going around yeah, but then this is like legit, legit yeah, but I mean I mean those like rides like made in Germany.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by not not just like some pop up like Natricia Sitt. Yeah, put in the suitcase and take to the next town.
Speaker 1: Like the one that used to be a Ben White and thirty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah it still come around, does it does?
Speaker 2: Only?
Speaker 3: But it's still there.
Speaker 1: Did you go there was a kid? I did. It's like a seat, it's a traveling one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't believe my mom put me on that thing, on any of those things.
Speaker 2: I don't think you have any worries riding the stuff at Coda Land though, No, I mean like ponds and fronds over in Bertland put that right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's legit.
Speaker 3: They have water rides in a Safari adventure and everything.
Speaker 5: It is a legit amusement parks, not just a couple of roller coasters here and there.
Speaker 1: It's so it's it really is weird.
Speaker 4: If you, if you go back twenty years or so, you and I would talk about it on the radio, how this isn't a touristy town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: The touristy things were Barton Springs, the Oasis, Yeah, and maybe like Antone's and Sixth Street and six dirty sixth Street. Yeah you didn't go like now you see double decker tour buses.
Speaker 2: There used to be I used to see it all the time. On three sixty. There used to be Austin in an hour tour yea for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah it was a giant, a tall van. Yes, yeah, what if that's still around? Is the duck boats still around?
Speaker 4: The duck boats are still I see them because they dropped in Lake Austin and they're packed all the time.
Speaker 2: Now. Yeah, it's become Austin is also I remember reading Austin and Nashville are like number one, number two interchangeably destinations for bachelorette parties.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I can see that. I can see that.
Speaker 4: So uh, I see it every weekend on the lake. It's another bachelorette party. It all seems like they're a year round. It used to just seem like it was a seasonal thing, like May June. Yeah, right that last weekend they're haven't it's the Wu girls, you know what I mean by that pink? Yeah, Like they're all meeting at a certain bar and there's four of them there and one another one walks in and they I'll.
Speaker 1: Go, Yeah, that's they're greeting.
Speaker 5: When does Codland open up Triusha September twenty sixth and twenty seven.
Speaker 3: That's the story we love.
Speaker 1: They love this Texas town so much. They still argue about where the real South Austin starts.
Speaker 2: You're up with Nighty one one, kvet your all time country favorite.
Speaker 1: It's the Jam and Sandy Show. Come up. In just a second.
Speaker 2: We kind of reveal our shopping trips to Costco and I think JB pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, but I think he is for that though.
Speaker 2: We had a chance to catch up with coach Mack Brown, the real head coach, the former head coach the University of Texas, and make sure you're with us tomorrow at exactly this time. If you want to hear our conversation with Coach Brown, here is a little bit of it.
Speaker 6: When Coach Royal got Olsheimer's and he went into a home. I would go see him about twice a week, and he didn't remember that the stadium was named after him. He didn't remember he won three national championships. He didn't remember the Arkansas game for the National championship in Little Rock or Infailable, but he remembered every ex player's name that walked in the room.
Speaker 2: If you love Coach Brown now, you will love him even more tomorrow when you hear our conversations.
Speaker 1: He has been a super fan of this guy. Could listen to him talk all day.
Speaker 2: Of course, he's got a podcast with Vinchion and CBS Austin's Bob Ballow. It's called The Stampede. It's a great podcast. You're getting stories from Bence Young and Coach Brown that I don't care. The biggest Longhorn fan in the world, your buddy Jason, he doesn't hasn't heard these stories, is it, Jason? You know what I'm talking about? The great lover of the Southwest. Ye, yes, a huge Longhorn fan. He's the walk on that never walked on. Just talked about it. So that's tomorrow morning at this time, Coach Mac Brown. So we've had an interesting ongoing conversation. Jbi's relatively a newbie to the world of the Costco.
Speaker 4: And Yeah, in fact, when I went there yesterday, my little app showed that I've been a member since twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Okay, when we went yesterday we had to pay the one hundred and thirty dollars renewal. When we went, oh, that's not fun, that's not a surprise you want, no, no, but it needed to be done as we use Costco a lot. But I don't remember how this came JB. I think I was telling you can get some good.
Speaker 4: I complimented you wearing a nice polo shirt at work, and.
Speaker 3: You're on Costco.
Speaker 1: Costco, Costco Cosco got it Costco.
Speaker 4: And then we all found out that Sandy, like, that's your apparel of choice shopping.
Speaker 2: That's where I get my clothes. This Costco because it's great deals, name brands stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so Sandy kind of threw a challenge at us, and you know, very directed at me because I was a doubter to uh to go to Costco and buy a whole outfits. We are all wearing Costco outfits today and we're gonna post our videos on social media later this morning.
Speaker 2: Who wants to go first? I want to I want to describe what you got and how much you paid for it. You want to go first, Sure, I'll go first. I have the receipt right here. I brought it in for for proof, but I have I'm I'm looking like I'm going to a nice cool beach. Yeah, you're vacation, very vacation.
Speaker 4: I'm rocking these tan quicksilver shorts right, very comfortable. This is like the kind of material that you know, you can you can wear dressy or in the like, doesn't matter. And then I have a very loose fitting almost a dry fip not too tight Ruca T shirt Ruka Costco.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I'm wearing this loose I don't know what this thing is made of, but it is super soft mole hair. It feels like a you know, like a soft little throat blanket. Yeah, it's like it's a gray hoodie with pockets.
Speaker 1: But kind of dressy. Yeah, but not yeah, okay, So what'd you pay for the shorts? Uh? Oh?
Speaker 4: And then I have shoes, the shoes, shoes. These shoes were Costco. These are hurly slipper please. Yeah, I mean you're ready for the beach for suret Okay. So the hoodie was sixteen dollars, sixteen ninety nine. The rook of t was nine ninety nine.
Speaker 1: I think I was excited.
Speaker 3: Like a chick right now.
Speaker 1: Maple kind the Quicksilver shorts twelve ninety seven.
Speaker 5: Oh ninety seven I found out, means that they are on their on Chrystal lowest place.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, and the Hurly Shoes shoes were twenty two ninety nine. That great all in plus tax sixty seven dollars and five cents.
Speaker 2: And you paid fifty bucks for along Horn baseball.
Speaker 4: That that's why you freaked out that I paid fifty bucks for a Bokos.
Speaker 2: Shorts, an undershirt, and a hoodie for seventeen dollars more than you paid for a hat.
Speaker 4: I know. And they did have some Longhorn gear there that looked happy that by the way, I had to I had to walk away.
Speaker 2: I was already at sixty seven dollars. So yeah, that's what I call bargain economics. Like when you get into places that have really good prices, you get tighter and like any one of those items at twenty two dollars for shoes, right at some point you're like, there's probably a better deal around here, somewhere twenty two dollars. It was the highest ticket item, yeah, by far, but you're happy I will wear all of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great costco isles.
Speaker 4: I even I put it on this morning and told my wife, I go, here's my costco outfit.
Speaker 1: And she was like, you look pretty cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean she goes, you look a little spacoli with it with you know what these are like? You know these are beach shoes. It's really easy for guys our age to dress too young.
Speaker 1: You're not doing that.
Speaker 2: I can't stand at a grown man that dresses a fifty five year old man that dresses like he's twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look ridiculous. I didn't do that.
Speaker 4: That's why I threw the hoodie on top to kind of looks good. Slightly dressy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of mature it up a little bit good.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty experienced with this. I'll go through mine fast. Okay, what I got? I got this Oakly Polar.
Speaker 1: He experienced, he's a costco expert, A fat and I won't drone on and on like JB did.
Speaker 2: I got this Oakley Polo, and I kind of got tricked because I would. I didn't know until I got home that it was twenty nine to ninety nine. I would have never spent twenty nine freak des grabbed it. I just I thought I saw a lower price.
Speaker 3: It was normally like eighty bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that's like a cool brand. Then I got these Eddie Bauer pants. I wasn't brave enough to buy pants without trying them on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of.
Speaker 2: Regret that because I got a pair of Banana Republic ones too that are too small.
Speaker 5: So that's the only thing. They don't have a dressing room they could put it like back by the cooler one where the veggies they.
Speaker 1: Want to people don't just change in the aisles. I got a shock it too a shack.
Speaker 3: He loves a shacket.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like a ves Oh this is definitely not for this time of year. Right, either is my Neither is my hoodie.
Speaker 4: It's like it's it's either a thick shirt or very very light, which is perfect for Austin.
Speaker 1: Texas.
Speaker 4: Twelve ninety nine. That looks pretty nice. I mean your collars all flipped under, but that looks nice color. I'm impressed. I'm impressed. Even girls. Yeah, okay, now they I did notice the women's to men's is like ten to one in Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, way more guys.
Speaker 5: No, there is way more to choose from from guys and girls at our hostage.
Speaker 1: At one it was like ten to one the amount of tables.
Speaker 5: No, not at our Sandy, there were like fourteen tables for dudes and like eight tables for girls, is what I noticed. But I got two pairs of pants, both Gap pants. I'm wearing like little kind of cropped, high waisted.
Speaker 1: Blue La pants.
Speaker 4: I figured it out. What mine's in Austin all at work Cedar Park.
Speaker 3: They're just hanging around on jeez, you solved it.
Speaker 5: So I got a pair of Gap pants seventeen ninety nine, and then I got a Lucky brand like light V neck sweater.
Speaker 3: It could be like a summer sweater for sixteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know it's cute.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 5: I got another pair of got pants too, also seventeen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Did you leave with any side pajama pants? No?
Speaker 5: I looked though. I can almost got some socks. It's part of the earth right part table of pajama pants. I had to make myself walk away.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, well, what do you think is your opinion about buying your clothes at Costo?
Speaker 1: Completely changed?
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't go to Costco all the time. I'm still adjusting. It's overwhelming.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: A little bit. I have to, you know, take a gummy before I go on there. Have to be sedated.
Speaker 4: I'm kidding, but I will when I go there, I will cruise through there because I forget what they had.
Speaker 1: Some of those puffy vests, which are those are the best. I don't remember what brand it was, didn't matter.
Speaker 4: I want wine for ninety nine and there long. They had some long worn gear. They look pretty decent. I need to freshen up my longhorn. Geary's best guy for sure, So yes, I will keep an eye on it.
Speaker 1: I was impressed very much.
Speaker 2: So I didn't get out of there because Trisia had to get her collagen and she had to get her trail mixed.
Speaker 1: And then I had two hot dogs, two.
Speaker 5: Hot dogs, and then somebody gave him free ice cream. He was like, this place is point