Speaker 1: And this episode is cool. It's cool.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys? Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode nineteen, The Claw and talking about how we feel about it now, three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun.
Speaker 4: Yes, it will be.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out our show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 3: Thebluey Podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Our email address.
Speaker 3: Glue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: You guys sure are awesome. We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching the claw.
Speaker 1: Can we have a coin for the clothing?
Speaker 2: Stella? Could you ellis what was going on At the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: Louis, Bingo, Bandit, and Chili were all at a restaurant and Louis and Bingo were done eating, so they ran over to the section with a claw machine and they saw that it had chocolates in it, so they went back to ask Bandit for a coin so they could try to get the chocolates. And whenever they want to go and get those chocolates, they ended up not getting them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Claw machines are notoriously tough.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what music was the claw machine playing?
Speaker 4: I don't remember. I didn't notice a particular tune. You know.
Speaker 2: It was PoCA Bell's cannon indeed, but one thousand miles an hour, but no, no, no, no, yeah, the whole time, and it was all happy.
Speaker 4: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the whole time. I forgot to mention when Bingo comes running up, Bandit calls or something. Do you guys remember what he called her?
Speaker 3: Fun size?
Speaker 2: That's right, fun size, like a little candy bar. And do you remember what was Bingo doing? Amanda? What did Bandit tell her?
Speaker 4: He told her to use her big girl words.
Speaker 2: And he was prompting her to say please, and he basically had to get the entire word out. Yeah, I forgot to mention that. Anyway, they're heading home, Chili's driving, the kids are in the back seat, mad and I liked it. There were snacks all over the place on the seat.
Speaker 4: Typical typical parent vehicle there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we sure could relate to that. And Bandit's explaining to him that that's just how it goes. It wouldn't be exciting if you won every time.
Speaker 1: If it were.
Speaker 2: They get home, they're still grumbling and Chili has an idea. Amanda, what's her idea?
Speaker 4: She told the girls that she knew how to cheer them up, and so she told them to go get some toys and some chopsticks. They bring everything to her, and she decides that she is going to be a claw machine that the girls can play. The girls were super excited at the idea of playing claw machine and winning a prize. But after they both won something, Blue decided it wasn't the same thing as actually playing a real claw Machine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there wasn't enough challenge for I think it was just too easy. And I'm going to tell you something. Mclaw Machine coughing up two stuffed toys on the first drop. That is nearly unheard of, right nearly. Bingo put a special special stuffy in there, Amanda, who was it?
Speaker 4: She put a dolphin stuffed animal named Gray Dancer.
Speaker 2: It sure is a cute little guy. She's wanting that thing out of there. Blue doesn't want to play anymore, and Bandit says that's not how you do claw Machine, and he's gonna show everybody how it's done. They run into a problem first thing, though, Henry, what obstacle is in the way for the girls?
Speaker 3: They can't use imaginary coins. They need to get a job and get real coins.
Speaker 2: But they didn't want to earn one. They just wanted to get it, but Bandit told them no, I said, go get a job, Henry. What does Chili offer them?
Speaker 3: She says, if you make me in Dad's bed, I'll give you, guys twice.
Speaker 2: Cents twenty cents. I remember that being a subject of great debate when we talked about this the very first time, all those years ago, all those years ago, like it was in the Stone Age times. But you know what I mean. And yeah, there's a twenty cent coin in Australia that's pretty handy. So they get a twenty cent coin. Chili's not too sure. She trusts Bandit.
Speaker 4: I'm watching you, magic law Henry.
Speaker 2: How does their first claw drop go?
Speaker 3: They moved the claw around and then they pressed the bunch for it to go down and grab the toy. They aim for the dolphin and they start to pick it, starts pick it up, and it's pulling it up and then it drops it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the kids are devastated. But the first thing they think of is what, Stella.
Speaker 3: They decide that they will do more chores they can get more money.
Speaker 2: Chili's mad, but I was impressed that the kids went that route instead of just throwing a fit. Did that surprise you, Stella?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did. You're pretty industrious. Do you think you would have wanted to do more jobs?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: Bandit and Chili disagree about how things are going. This is great. They're learning a lesson and we get the house clean.
Speaker 4: Neither of those things are happening, Stella.
Speaker 2: Do you think little kids like that could do a good job clean in the house? No, Amanda, what do you think about that?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure about that. I think the kids would think that they were doing a good job, but you know, I would probably have to go behind him later and fix what they cleaned.
Speaker 2: You'd be happy that they were making an effort, though, I would be.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, The kids go at it again, Stella. What happens?
Speaker 3: They lose the Cla Machine game again, and they say that it's not fair.
Speaker 2: They're pretty upset, and I think they're trying to make band that feel guilty. And he has the best line ever.
Speaker 1: Dad isn't fair. I am not dead. I am magic Claw, Magic Law has no children.
Speaker 2: His days are free and easy. Bluie is determined that she is going to get Gray answer for Bingo. Amanda. What happens?
Speaker 4: She plays the Claw Machine again, and this time she won two prizes at the same time. It was Gray Dancer, which she immediately gave to Bingo, and she also won a ball and she was so excited that she won. She was ready to.
Speaker 2: Go again, but they didn't have any more money.
Speaker 4: They did not have any more money. No, so magic Claw came up with an idea. He pointed out to the girls that there was a special prize and it was a block and it said whoever won that could have unlimited ice cream. Well, who doesn't want that for a prize?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the holder gets a bottomless bowl of ice cream.
Speaker 4: You spelled holder wrong. I thought was funny when they said bottomless bowl. Did you see Bingo and she said bottomless? He kind of giggled to yourself. But anyway, Blowie wants to play again and they don't have any money this time. There are no more chores for them to do to earn money. So Magic Claw comes up with a plan. He will trade a coin for them to play again if he gets Gray Dancer back.
Speaker 2: That was pretty mean.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a little sneaky.
Speaker 2: I noticed that Blue was super keen to take Gray Dancer from Bengo. Oh yeah yeah. And Bingo didn't seem too happy about that, did she?
Speaker 3: Henry, She was not happy about it.
Speaker 2: Blue promised her that she would win the block and win Gray Dancer back. I'm not sure how she's planning on getting more money. In that whole period of time. But Henry, how does it go?
Speaker 3: Blue aims perfectly for the block, She presses the button, it goes down, it grabs it. Then the claw is stuck and then the magic claw machine says, sorry, valued customer, the block is too heavy for the.
Speaker 2: Claw and it shuts down, and the kids and Chili are furious, and Bandit says this, you see kids, the listen is they put the boots to Bandit medium style Stella, what happens?
Speaker 3: They started tickling him. They started attacking him and tickling him.
Speaker 2: But they were being pretty rough on him too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were bingo through a whole beanbag chair on him.
Speaker 2: It was about the friendliest fistfight you could ever imagine. Yeah, yeah, he was getting beat down by them. We cut to the end and they're in the kitchen. Stella, what's happening in here?
Speaker 3: They're in the kitchen at their table and Bluie and Bingo are eating a bunch of ice cream.
Speaker 2: And that's where Chili said this, So did we learn anything today? Which we'll get to that in just a little bit, Amanda, what did they learn?
Speaker 4: Bingo and Bluey didn't learn anything, but Bandits said yes, he did learn something that these kids are awesome.
Speaker 2: Aw and that was the episode. Henry, did we forget anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well. I know we just heard Chili say this, but you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Can anyone tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 3: What I learned to is that sometimes life can be unfair.
Speaker 4: Okay, I agree with Henry that sometimes life can be unfair, but hopefully we all have somebody on our side, like Chili was for the kids to help make us feel a little bit better.
Speaker 2: What about you, Staf?
Speaker 3: Even the winning sounds fun winning all the time, and just like having something to be really easy for you would just be really boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what led to them not wanting to have Chili play the claw game with him, right because it was too easy. If there's no challenge, the victory isn't as sweet. I agree like Henry. When we're playing video games, if the game is so easy that we beat it first try and it ends up taking no time at all, that's not very fun, is it.
Speaker 3: No, it's not that fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want it to be challenging. Of course, sometimes games are too challenging and they make me frustrated. But yeah, if it's too easy, the thrill of victory isn't really a thrill.
Speaker 4: Now, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Because if you think about your life and things you've learned, for example, that were really tough, like right a bike as an example, learning to ride the bike was hard, but once you did, you realize how awesome it was, right, Henry, Yeah, the effort is what made the prize, if you will, so great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're right, dad, Because whenever you have to put effort into something and it's more challenging, it becomes more fun as you keep on doing it. But if it's really easy and you don't have to put that much effort into it at all, and you're just always super good, it starts to not be as fun as it used to be.
Speaker 2: Right, very well put, It's like a little bit of competition makes a game more exciting too. One thing we probably could add is Chili made it too easy. But bandit was a little bit mean spirited too. He was a little bit he swung it too far the other way. Hey, Bingo, let's give up your precious toy that you wanted so badly in order to play again, and Bluuie was losing nothing in the thing. She had nothing at stake, right, She's like, yeah, sure, let me have great answer back. And Bingo was losing everything. Yes, that was a little bit mean a Bandit. I agree, because not only was he being mean, he lured Bluey. Yes. Yes, so it's just all the way around. So maybe Chili was right to have her eye on Magic Claw.
Speaker 4: I think so. Yes.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 3: I think this episode is probably one of my favorites. I find Bandit really funny in this episode, and I find funny whenever he said that his days are free and easy.
Speaker 2: That is pretty choice.
Speaker 4: Yes, this episode is still funny after doing it three years ago. It's probably I don't know. I would definitely have to say it's in my top ten of favorite Blue episodes because you know, it's been a while since we watched it, and watching it today, I think, Wow, this is so funny, and Bandit was hilarious even though he was being a little over the top with the girls, but it was very good. I love it.
Speaker 3: I just thought this episode was really funny. Honestly, I kind of forgot, like everything that happened in it, and so seen it now. I remembered how funny it was.
Speaker 2: It's pretty great band. It is a riot in this Chili's funny. Both of the kids are fun to watch, and you can see yourself a bit in each character. At least that was my experience. I could see myself in each one of them. I'd been there. I'd been there when Bluey's like, oh my gosh, I won, Let's go again. It's so exciting. I've been there when I have everything on the line, like bingo did I've been there where I'm thinking, all right, I just want to give my kids everything without them expending any effort. And then I've also been banned it where I'm like, okay, kid, it's best a luck to you.
Speaker 4: Go get a job.
Speaker 3: Yes, I already have a job podcasting.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, kids, something has your mom or Have I ever done something like that to you where we just made it so hard it wasn't fair?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably you mean your mom, right, not me.
Speaker 3: I mean both of you, Yeah, both of you.
Speaker 2: Have we ever made something too easy for you? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably sometimes? You know.
Speaker 2: Can you give me an example?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't sound like we have any real hard evidence here, but.
Speaker 3: Like, does it sound like something you guys would do?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: I mean probably when I was younger, but that was like forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, back in dinosaur.
Speaker 4: Times, right, yeah, you know it.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next? The howl outs, Okay, listen up. Everyone has to clap and go whoa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got Itay.
Speaker 2: We have the best fans in the world, and we are so thankful for you, guys. All of the five star reviews, the emails, the voice messages, the comments, we read all of them, even the mean ones. Luckily there's not too many of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I agree. We have the best fans, and we just appreciate you so so much, and we just can't thank you enough for loving the podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at the comments on Spotify. We heard from and it is Grant's birthday. Happy birthday, Grant, Happy birthday, Grant.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: We heard from Tala, whose favorite episode is Typewriter. We heard from our buddy Alex he is bringing it every week. In the comment section, you guys have got to go to the comments on Spotify and check it out. He tells us fun facts about the given episode, things you might have missed, little errors they make in them. It is really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you so much Alex for pointing that stuff out to us and sharing it with us.
Speaker 2: We heard from Vin, our awesome friend Daisy. We heard from Fiona, We heard from Shadow Lord, Hope and Ray. We got some emails. We heard from Freya and her dad Tim and they really enjoy our breakdowns of the show. Thank you guys so much for listening.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And we got a voice message from our friend Brandon.
Speaker 6: Greetings dinner with the Healers. This is your friend Brendan speaking to you once again. So before I proceed with another bluey moment to share with you, Amanda, I do appreciate your help in my previous voice message, I really do appreciate your help. Thank you so much. So at that said, I have another bluey moment to share with you from the episode Facey talk bye.
Speaker 1: You mind hiding behind a count what cow?
Speaker 4: A cow?
Speaker 1: We got lots of conch. Oh boy, so we did muffin yes time out.
Speaker 7: Okay, well that was certainly unexpected from Muffin to drop her dad's phone into the pool like that.
Speaker 1: Who we.
Speaker 6: All because Muffin wanted to have the facy talk all to herself, no doubt.
Speaker 5: Mm hm oh Muffin, muff and Muffin, What would we do without you? Well in that case, I will talk to you against him, all right, talk to it then bye bye.
Speaker 4: Brendon. Is so great to hear from you, and thank you for sharing another awesome moment from Bluie. What would we do without Muffin? That crazy girl? I tell you what.
Speaker 2: I love Muffin. I mean, she is a riot. I'm glad that she's on TV and not in this house. Yes, necessarily, but she's so fun. She's one of my all time favorites. And I thought it was cool that she did not try to resist when she knew she had really messed up and was going to be in trouble. Yeah, she just took her lumps because she knew she knew.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, I love Muffins. She's really funny. Yeah, Muffin's one of my favorite characters.
Speaker 4: Even though she gets sent to a little bit of trouble here and there and maybe even sometimes tries to get others in trouble. She is awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for that, Brendan. I was looking at the Apple podcast website for podcasters, and you know I've mentioned this you guys. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And it's a tough medium because if you guys are asking us questions, a lot of times we can't see the reviews, and it won't show all the reviews from all all the countries. It's very weird the way it shows it, and you just have to randomly hope that it's showing the most recent ones. But I did want to hit some of them that I saw. We got a review from Brooklyn who was saying that her friends say that blue is for babies and it's very frustrating. Well, listen, we are all definitely older than babies. Would you agree with that.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Yeah, we are.
Speaker 2: And we think Blue is awesome, don't we.
Speaker 4: We sure do. And there's lots of people out there that are older than babies as well that think Blue is awesome too. So you know, we all like what we like and keep liking Blue because if we all like the same thing all the time, we would be very boring. So just stick to yourself and like what you like.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of adults who have no kids who watch Blue. Yeah, because it's so funny. It's well written and it's funny, and it's fun. We got a review from Dark Gloves. Lego Queen the Moana six asked about doing an episode about Blue's big play. But we already did that, didn't we, Stella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but go back and listen to it. It is really good. We heard from Oakley Star Wars Fantastic Magician Girl Vivi Elsie Snowy Condor asks about a girl's only episode. Is that something you guys could do? Give Henry and me a week off?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could do that, but you would still have to edit it.
Speaker 2: No thanks. We heard from Bluey and Bingo with Socks, who asked who our favorite Blue character is? And people ask that of us quite a bit, and it's very difficult to pick. But does anybody have one that they can say is their favorite?
Speaker 3: My favorite creature's muffing.
Speaker 2: It's like looking in the mirror.
Speaker 4: Chili's my favorite. I mean, I love all of them, but I think as being a mom that I am, I connect with her because of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think band It's the best character.
Speaker 2: I love Bandit obviously. I relate to him very much. He and I are very similar in many ways. We grew up in approximately the same timeframe. We like the same stuff. We both have a wife who's super cool. But I mean, I love other side characters. I love Pat Lucky's dad, I love Muffin, I love Stripe, I love rad and it's very difficult to pick. I love Bluie. I think she's a riot. But yeah, it's tough. That's tough. We heard from Laurel, who gave us a review, and from her two kids. How awesome is that. We heard from kit Kat Kitty, who asked about doing episodes about the Bluey minisodes. But we did those whenever they came.
Speaker 4: Out, right, Yeah, we sure did.
Speaker 2: They aren't listed as one of the seasons of Bluey. When you look at how the episodes are listed, it might be called a bonus episode or something like that. I can't remember how they label them. We heard from CJ five six three Long Dog, Bluey, Crazy Girl, yaffa Ella the Ranger, someone whose user name is b dj x something something. We heard from someone whose use your name is n e Yo something something ends with a four to four skippy Jack. Someone who's used your name is a bunch of followed by some other stuff who said, how about a dude's only episode? Henry and I actually did one of those, didn't we What were we doing about?
Speaker 3: I think it might have been about the video game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, about Bluie the video game. That's right. We got a review from somebody whose usernames Puppies are Crazy, that is true. We heard from Rose so many zombies, someone who's user name is f HJ something something, Jam zero eight, Crystal Easton and Isaac Bear in Boise, Barcelona, Zuko, Frankie, Poco and Maggie and Kenzie and guys listen. We know there are tons of others. It is just very difficult for us to be able to view them. So if you would like a howl out or have question source, please email them to us. It's much easier for us to find them. We don't want to ignore your questions or miss anybody in the halouts, but it's very very difficult to catch them all.
Speaker 4: And we definitely want to hear from you, so give us an email.
Speaker 2: We very much appreciate the five star reviews, so it helps people find our podcast because you guys took the time to rate us so well and we can't thank you enough.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you guys are awesome. Thank you well, guys. Until next time, we are out of here. Bye guys, bye bye.
Speaker 6: Once again,