Speaker 1: You're watching Chewing the Can with Mike, Benny and Rowe, and you have a Scott a water amounts a full of water, then it makes sense that kun quats. Oh hello, you're watching Chewing the Cud. You're lighthearted weekly look at the world for a pair of rainbow into glasses. I'm Mike ben in Row and with me today as a person who won't be persuaded or even cajoled. It's a Scott.
Speaker 2: It's been a while since anyone tried to cajole me to apparently so mean. Could you if you do it by yourself? Could you just be jowled? Is it co jold? Do you need two people to be cajoled?
Speaker 1: I think you needed two people to cajole you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean that'd be nice. That's oh, that's that's birthday.
Speaker 1: So what have you got for us this week?
Speaker 2: I am bringing you a story worry about a medical treatment that's taking the Internet by storm. And then we're going to play a game.
Speaker 1: And then River will be educating and informing us through lighthearted discourse in spotlight. But ontreen Now you can see our contact details. It's at the coud TV on social media and if you want to catch up with previous episodes. Why wouldn't you? You can always binge us on YouTube look for you in.
Speaker 2: The cud You can see the names of people who have reached out and touched our souls going along the bottom of your screen. But now it's time for Mike with the showbiz.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Doctor Who?
Speaker 2: Ooh, I mean that's a question that I that I could take a very long time to answer such a short version. All right, yes, all right, okay, that's.
Speaker 1: The wrong answer.
Speaker 2: Oh right, okay again, I like it?
Speaker 1: Well done?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So this is a story about Ali Alexander who's taking over from the shouting. Get Why the am I reading this story with a spoiler on it?
Speaker 2: And is all the Alexander actually taking over? Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: Let me read this? Oh no, okay? Oh, so all Alexander is taking over from the shooting gatwall right, but not in Doctor Who? Right, it's he's going to be Algeron in the reworking of Wild The importance of being ernest which the shooting? Get what is currently in there? They are?
Speaker 2: There? They are.
Speaker 1: I would like to be in the middle of those two.
Speaker 2: I mean that does yeah, one at a time and then both.
Speaker 1: At once, both at once, and then both at once, and.
Speaker 2: They can swap ends at halftime like football.
Speaker 1: No they can't. So yeah, Ali Alexander has said that he's very excited to be filling in the shooting gets shoes, just his shoes, and he said that as an actor, especially in The Doctor, has been inspired.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, I mean of course he's going to say that he's doing a job like you're not going to go, God this, I'm glad they're paying me. I wouldn't do it for free, Like that would be that would be the best SoundBite to hear of someone. Oh I'm very excited to be taking over. Oh it's such an inspirt. No, I'm doing it because it's money. This is why my acting career didn't take up all of this. But that's another story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ability, but yeah, so the spark added feel to the fire of rumors that might be the next doctor what.
Speaker 2: Because he's just slowly he follows shooting gat into every job that he.
Speaker 1: Does, every toilet Cuba, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every time. Every time, it's just like he's he's warming it up, He's he's getting it ready for him. Yeah, he's losing it for him and then Ali takes over. That's that's I mean.
Speaker 1: But back to your birthday, don't So, how do you feel about that news?
Speaker 2: I've I've been clips of Nashudi get were doing Oscar Wilde as it were, as it were, and it looks really fun and really I wish I could go see it. I wish I could afford to go see it, but I also wish I could actually go and watch him do it. So I think it'd be fantastic. And I mean I didn't watch It's a Sin because it's eighties, it's set in the eighties, and it's about gay people. We all know how that's going to end. And I was very well, yeah, I mean I didn't care, so I didn't watch it. I don't know how good of an actor Olie Alexander is.
Speaker 1: And you see I watched it sinn thinking, oh no, it's only it sings well, but is it going to be all acts? Very well?
Speaker 2: Okay? I mean sure, Uh. He just there's something about his face that just I want to slap. He's just a bit smug. I think he's got that skinny twin energy and he's always had that skinny twin energy, and it's worked for him, and I feel like.
Speaker 1: It's not bitterness that's happening at all here.
Speaker 2: Sure, I've not finished my rant, but yeah, I mean, all right, fine, yeah, I mean, a homosexual playing the lead in Oscar Wild play groundbreaking. I'm really interested to see what Olie Alexander will bring to the role. Is that what you want me to.
Speaker 1: Say for your fish? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I got to watch she's doing it because they put on cinema. So they put it on cinema showings up down the country. So I hope they'll do that again, or at.
Speaker 2: Least stream it, top it on Netflix. I'll watch it then.
Speaker 1: I think it was trying to get people into the cinemas and out of the streaming environment.
Speaker 2: But not into theaters.
Speaker 1: Well no, because they were doing it as a live cast from the theater.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, they did that with Doctor Who or something once one of.
Speaker 1: The anniversary episodes they live casting. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'd still stayed home and watched it for free on my TV where all my stuff is in my house.
Speaker 1: But you can do it in your pants. That's please put your trolls on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, And I mean seeing shooty gaps were when he first became the doctor and was running around in his pants. That was Watch the Delights a couple.
Speaker 1: Of times, yeah, blazoned in my brain. But moving on Pride season.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, bomb literally was going, oh pants, I forgot, but also just bomb hooray, bob yes, bumb.
Speaker 1: Bombs and penises and willis and vaginas and boobs and all the other.
Speaker 2: You've got you want to say, a doctor, if you've.
Speaker 1: Got a no, it's it's naturally clear. All but yeah, World Pride twenty twenty five. Right, Okay, this isn't the thing. It's happening in Madrid.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's not that saying it's happening in Spain.
Speaker 1: It's a thing that's happened in Spain. But the thing isn't about World Pride, right, It's about the lineup and what that has meant. Okay, So the lineup has got rita order Kylie Moneygue. You don't know who she is with Charlie Nogue all right, okay, spelt Moneygue, Charlie x c X and Troy Sevan.
Speaker 2: Okay, of course it is all the homosexuals and the ones that all the gays like exactly right.
Speaker 1: But Rita Aura has hinted very heavily that they will be working with Troy Savanna on.
Speaker 2: The track right there.
Speaker 1: She is not Kia, that's her sister.
Speaker 2: Very yeah, she's heiress to the the Aura Drinks, so she's working with with Choiceavan.
Speaker 1: Said that troyan has always been a big cheerleader, so when's doing stuff on stage, Troy was going, yes, queer, you can do it.
Speaker 2: Like all of the other gays in the world who'd never say things like that. He's very innovative in the area of shouting yas queen whatever.
Speaker 1: But no, no, because some artists can be very stand offish and go, yeah, you do your thing, I'll do my thing and that's it. But is very celebrating and joining in the getting everyone riled up, which.
Speaker 2: Well that's nice. I mean I would expect that from everyone, But then I'm just generally a nice person.
Speaker 1: Shut you know when you follow that was shut the it kind of proves my point without me having to say anything. So yeah, moving on very quickly. Are you aware of who Janade Ahmed is?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do you watch reality TV? Should you start watching reality Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I cherished my ignorance on the subject.
Speaker 1: Next question, that's all good to talk about it. So out twink, there we go? Right, all right, it's like say, walk to a dog, twink. Can I go? Now, let's go, let's go, let's go anyway, TOWI star jad Ahmed.
Speaker 2: And I'm flaccid again. Carry on?
Speaker 1: Who's been speaking out after receiving a massive wave of abuse for being an out gay Muslim?
Speaker 2: Right, all right, there is ah He's kind of cute.
Speaker 1: He is kind of cute. He's very sweet too. Yeah, yeah, he's basically he's been.
Speaker 2: Even if he wasn't cute, he shouldn't get hate for being an out gay Muslim.
Speaker 1: And because he is cute, you know. Interest in the story again a little bit. But he's been saying that even if he's get controlled online, he's refusing to be silenced. Right. He wants to say that both parts of his identity are valid, right, right, so he can be gaining, he can be a Muslim. He doesn't see them as mutually exclusive, right, And he won't apologize for exactly who he is.
Speaker 2: Okay, will he apologize for being on tawi?
Speaker 1: No? Well then, because that's how he's become money. Yeah, and carry on this and able to have platform.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: So he's saying that being gay Muslim is not contradiction, it's my truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, good for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's good for him because I think within the lgbt Q I A plus spectrum, there is a lot more to say about people of my other minorities, and we need to be a little bit more accepting, a lot more accepting of people because sadly some of the abuse has been getting has been from within our own community.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean people are awful just generally, that's it. Yeah, yeah, no, but yeah, definitely. I mean it's good that he's being visible and he's being out there and he's unapologetic and all of that kind of thing. And I'm pleased on all of those accounts. But then at the same time and this, yeah, he's on TWI, So it's like and also, he knew what he was getting into. It's not like he's been forced into the spotlight against his will or anything. He knew this was going to happen when he did this kind of thing, and I'm glad that he's like doing the right thing with it. He's like, yeah, no, I'm not gonna apologize I'm doing this, and he goes into it fully knowing the thing. So good for him.
Speaker 1: Exactly and him being a role model, especially for the LGBTQI plus and Muslim community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's nice that the that the queer Muslims can go look there's one and go yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should all be able to look on TV and or look there's one as well.
Speaker 2: I've got two.
Speaker 1: You are one. But that's all in the shows this week, Thanks Mike.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to say because I was just jiggling my boobs around at the end of a story about queer Muslims and that feels wrong. I just want to acknowledge that I regret that, but only a little bit. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you jiggle you boobs and you forget, We're gonna say you're welcome River, stay right there is come up. After this short break, we go all browser based as it's River in the buzz Welcome back and you're watching Chewing the Cud. This is the part of the show where we dust off the keyboard and get ready to be abased as it's River and the buzz.
Speaker 2: Buzz buzz Mine. Indeed, right up first I've been scouring the Internet, by which I mean scrolling through rubbish on my phone. But I can call it work, so it's fine. Yeah, dear. Anyway, did you know that some of those scientists that that are on TikTok claim that you can ease migraines using McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Inserted in your rectum as a suppository.
Speaker 2: You'd struggle with I was just that I would I would try to name a part of a McDonald's meal, and the only one that came to mind was chicken McNuggets, and I went to a very strange visual place. You wouldn't want the spicy sauce that oh burns like a demon. Anyway. Yeah, apparently sufferers swear as you would if you had a migraine, But these are parent swear by a salty snack during a brain explosion. Okay, which makes sense, But I mean, it doesn't have to make Donald's shureley. You could just you know, anything with salty. You could just let it with the I'm sorry, I've gone to another strange place.
Speaker 1: With me because that is salty.
Speaker 2: Apparently, migraines are linked to dehydration, blood sugars drops, and you get a kind of sensory overload, which I get anyway, to be honest, is if I'm just around people for a long time or yeah, just generally anyway, some people say it's more of a comfort food thing than anything specific to the to the saltiness. But either way, it seems like an excuse to eat whatever you want to eat. Like most people say, like when I was at university, like McDonald's cures are hangover, I'm like, no.
Speaker 1: It doesn't, it does. It's fat and sultan just I mean because again, alcohol dehydrates you so salty goodness, and you drink lots of fluids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I drink lots of fluids. But I never found McDonald's help tonny. But then, all right, anyway, should we have someone see if it works? Yes? All right?
Speaker 1: Then do you have some? Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you were getting some? Did you not bear with?
Speaker 1: I have I have a meal of pleasure?
Speaker 2: Excuse you?
Speaker 1: That's a happy meal? Smiles. Oh, it's a pokemon.
Speaker 2: Other rubbish food is available.
Speaker 1: But this is for science.
Speaker 2: So what scientific treats do you have in your little oh, dear, in your little box, I've got some pokemon? Oh yeah, used to good? Yeah, you used to get toys, little plastic things. Now you get a QR code to scan on your phone.
Speaker 1: No, this is apparently a toy. What is it that stickers?
Speaker 2: All right? I like stickers though, I'm alright with stickers.
Speaker 1: But is that it actual Pokemon card? Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought that was the lemony fresh white. Oh no, you only get those in KFC, don't you. Anyway?
Speaker 1: Anyway, such fun cheeseburgers are sort out migraine.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you have a migraine?
Speaker 1: I probably will do in a bit.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck everybody? And oh that good is it? Oh? Did you not get the gick or the girls? Who is there anyone out there that actually likes the girk that actively looks forward to the gurkin in a burger?
Speaker 1: Because we're getting a may from the gallery?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, this is why you're not allowed out. This is why you get to This is why you get to stay in the gallery. God hm, but it's hard. What is that? Oh it's supposed to be salad. I think it's mc green hanging on to the end of that.
Speaker 1: I don't have sid on mine.
Speaker 2: I don't have sad on mine. Apart from just there there's a weird little bit of something green sprouting out the side of my burger.
Speaker 1: Oh dear, I don't know what. I've not got migraine? Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So the.
Speaker 1: What's the next story? Bare with?
Speaker 2: Nope, that's empty, all right, I'm back comes with drink excellent, except I can't get the lid off and there's no straws.
Speaker 1: Straws here. But as the straws.
Speaker 2: Is this important in curing the migraine, You think that the sugary drink.
Speaker 1: I would have thought so because it else the rehydrate.
Speaker 2: It just makes me giddy, and then half an hour later I get a crack in head. They can have to lay down again, So I don't think that helps anyway. Crashing, Oh, it's a bit. It was a bit between my teeth crashing on. So from stories of junk food and I'm happy good crashing on from stories about junk food and fatty snacks, were onto a zen pic, which you'd have to be after this particular meal, I think, But never mind, So a zep Are you aware of a zen pic is a thing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm aware of people miss of abusing a side effect of a drug that's just had to deal with diabetes.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, it's not. But then you could say the same thing about viagra, which was designed for something to do with heart attacks, but because it's a vaso.
Speaker 1: Dilator and also Alzheimer's.
Speaker 2: But because it's a vaso dilator, it dilates your vasos and then everyone's feeling perky and firm in a particular area. Anyway, that's that's this, isn't that? A zepic is. Yeah, injection makes you thinner by making you stop wanting to eat, which I think McDonald's have managed to actually, Yeah, like, uh, you don't want to eat that, I am no longer hungry, Like I've had one bite of that and I'm good. Thanks. Anyway, results may vary, it's the same with a zempic. Anyway, a zempick has. Shockingly, there's a side effect which isn't a real side effect in a medical sense, but is a side effect in a I'm abusing this so I can get thin kind of way. Okay, it's called a zempic. But does it make you gappy? Pudd in?
Speaker 1: Does it make you gappy?
Speaker 2: Uh No, it's because you get thinner too quickly, and so your your body can't redo all the skin properly, you know, like when when really big people have a such Yeah, and then they just have some like wings or extra flaps that the body takes a while to kind of adjust to because it's just had a lot of.
Speaker 1: It's a very strong word for what I did with that gentleman. But someone while I was away on holiday and they came back to mine and as they were getting undressed, went just to forewarn you, I had a gastric bypass. I went okay, And then during the act they were above me and the skin was touching me and was a gap.
Speaker 2: Oh they weren't. They weren't even didn't even have the courtesy to lift it up for you, he says, eating match ships.
Speaker 1: All right, Anyway, my skin is formed around stretched around the fat. It's fine.
Speaker 2: So anyway, it turns out that this is a thing that happens if you use a drug for something that's not intended to happen for your bum gets all saggy and weird because all the fat that was in your buttox is no longer there, but the skin and or the flesh is still hanging off them nice. So, yeah, what you could do if you don't want a zempick bum is. You could tuck it into your socks, or you could not inject yourself with random drugs to get thin, but instead change to what you eat and go to the gym a bit. Maybe just a thought, I'll just be fat or just fat and happy, be happy to be fat. Yeah, I mean, well, what was your thought then? I was I was just gonna say, yeah, just surely it's better to just learn to be happy with what you are. But then I thought about the fact that I go to the gym for five times a week, so.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with people going to the gym. Well, as long as you're doing it for the right reasons.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it someone to have sex with attractive people.
Speaker 1: So if that's your right reason, that's your right reason. I said, this is my body. I'm very confident with my body. No wants to see it.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a girl out there who made millions farting on cakes. I'm sure that there are people who are out there who look at you and go, yes, please some.
Speaker 1: Of that yeah, and the dog goes rough.
Speaker 2: We all just have to make do with what we've got. We have to play the hand you've got.
Speaker 1: Everyone's a fetish.
Speaker 2: Anyway, from junk food to skinny injections to chasing cheese down a hill. Okay, hmm, it is at that time of the year. It is the annual cheese rolling event at Cooper's Hill in Gloucestershire.
Speaker 1: I thought about, say Cooper Beaty.
Speaker 2: No, that's in Austria. Yes, now, this is in Gloucestershire. There is a thing. There is a thing. I was going to call it a sport. It's not a sport.
Speaker 1: It is a sports sweat involved.
Speaker 2: Participants held themselves downhill chasing a wheel of cheese. This is this this there they go. Yeah, oh, that's an interesting spinal thing to explain to the nice people in the ambulance, isn't it. Your body's not meant to bend that way? I don't think. Yeah, lots of people get I mean, I've had several cheese related accidents, but they've never looked anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that what you're doing, double Gloster.
Speaker 2: All I'm going to say is fondu is not the way forward. That's all.
Speaker 1: What they mean by peanis cheese.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I went through a tuba savalon in a weekend. I'll tell you that Yeah, that's anyway. Someone died from this one year at least once, and yet people still do it.
Speaker 1: Were their laptose intolerant.
Speaker 2: I see what you did there. That was quite good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was all of for it.
Speaker 2: And that's the end of the buzz for this week, because why not don't go anywhere as coming up, we have a game for you to play along with in our game of the.
Speaker 1: Week, Welcome back to a Burpie chewing the cud with Mike Beying Roe and equally Burpie rivers. Now this is the part of the show where we're going to play a game and this is for the person who didn't realize that they signed a waiver, not a guest book. It's River, So off you pop.
Speaker 2: You'll be hearing from my lawyer.
Speaker 1: You've signed the wave. It's too late of the week. So we're going to play a game of queer or Near. So I'm going to have a factoid that River has to say whether it's queer or true or near not quite true? Are you ready River queer? Oh? As in you're ready? Yes? Okay, you're just being abusive.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I was getting into the mood of it.
Speaker 1: Your first question is is there an island in Greece known as gay Island.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's Lesbos, no zach Andthos Miconos.
Speaker 1: Yes yeah, Miconos is known as gay Island.
Speaker 2: Okay, So queer so queer, yes, yes, yes, sorry, yes I said yes, I'm so say queer. Sorry, I think I've got the rules of this game.
Speaker 1: Let's go okay, gladly so. Sweden was the first country to allow people to change their legal gender.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I saw that movie. It was called The Danish Girl. So I'm going to say, uh, near not Sweden.
Speaker 1: Okay, queer nineteen seventy two bomb Yeah, well Danish Girl famously played by transactor Ready Redmain.
Speaker 2: Ready Redmain, Ready Red Mae. He didn't get a glimpse of his willy though, so it did. But that's your idea of a good time.
Speaker 1: I mean he's attractive, lovely bone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all I have to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I wish it were okay. In Nepal, there is a legally recognized third gender.
Speaker 2: Oh uh, queer. I'm going to go queer on this one. Yes, I think so it is.
Speaker 1: Indeed, queer legally recognized their gender.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, what what's what can you tell me more?
Speaker 1: It's a country part of India.
Speaker 2: Ah cool? Thanks?
Speaker 1: Okay, Next question, who has a third gender that they legally recognize? Right? Next one? Little nas X, little nas X, little.
Speaker 2: Nas X, little little Naz kiss well, little lads with the kiss at the x O X so that that's Charlie x o x so, isn't it? Or was that gosp girl.
Speaker 1: Charlie x e X Little Naz right, came out on the last day.
Speaker 2: Not little nas, not little Naz, littl Naz, little naz X, little naz X, little Nax.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. You're just you're hearing it different because of my accent. Came out on the last day of Wide month. What he came out on the last day of Pride Month?
Speaker 2: Uh? What this year? No, can't have been It's been a while, uh Nia, I don't think that's true.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's true. He came out on the thirtieth of June twenty nineteen, oh last year before the pandemic.
Speaker 2: I mean he had a whole rainbow colored bit in his album title. Is that him coming out?
Speaker 1: Because it came out after that after twenty ninety Oh did it? Well? The way he gave birth to the album.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, I don't know it was. It was. It was before the pandemic, So as far as I'm concerned, it's it's ancient history. I can't remember anything from back then. That said, I can't really remember what I did last week.
Speaker 1: So all this morning, okay, next one, the village people were all straight.
Speaker 2: Uh I mean that that that sounds like it's probably true. But I bet one of them turned out to be a secret homecesul.
Speaker 1: That's what you're saying.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying near not queer.
Speaker 1: Okay, correct? Several were gay, including the originally singer shocking. I know right.
Speaker 2: To think that that song was made by wafters I know shouldn't be allowed.
Speaker 1: Where they could do whatever they feel down at the ymcam. Actually did I Will Survive Good for You by Gloria Again, it is considered a queer anthem.
Speaker 2: Queer?
Speaker 1: Correct? Indeed, did you know that I'm near no queer?
Speaker 2: Now you have if I knew, and I'm like, no, probably not.
Speaker 1: Did I know there was an interesting little factory that you shall never learn the answer to.
Speaker 2: I'm David, tell me.
Speaker 1: David Bowie once said he was a closet heterosexual. Is that queer or not queer? David Bowie okay, once said he was a closet heterosexual.
Speaker 2: No, no, near, I don't think that's a real one.
Speaker 1: He did after previously identifying as gay and buy he said he was a closet heterosexual.
Speaker 2: All right. It was the seventies.
Speaker 1: There were a hell of a drug apparently, so this one might get you a bit racheful. Hopefully it does. Heteronormativity was coined by legend.
Speaker 2: RuPaul near and not even near, far far away.
Speaker 1: Well, you'd be glad to know that is not quite true. It appears early in the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 2: Excellent. It's like when people say, oh, sis is a new thing, like, No, sis has been around to mean not trams since like the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 1: I think coming on that so cis gendered was used in the nineteen twenties, that's right, But sis has been around since what were they called? Oh yes, people were speaking Latin.
Speaker 2: Yes, because it's a it's a prefix. Sis is a prefix to mean yeah, okay, yeah, in the same way that homo just means same and hetero means different.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yes. Oscar Wilde Yes wrote a letter from prison titled deep Profundis.
Speaker 2: That's true, Yeah, queer, I knew that one.
Speaker 1: It is. Yes, I was saying it's great because he was sentenced to Wasson for sodomy. Yes, so you were sent to prison for being taken up anyway, it just doesn't sound like a punishment to me. There's a species of clownfish that can change sex.
Speaker 2: Yes, queer, it's the one that Nemo's dad, well, Nemo and his dad, I imagine, was because there was a thing about how if this was real life and Nemo's mum got eaten, Nemo's dad would become his mum and then they'd have kids together. Because fish aren't people, and that's how they roll.
Speaker 1: Indeed, they're sequential hermaphrodites cool plenty, good for them. That's a scientific word. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sequential. Nice, Well, you want it to be sequential, wouldn't it You wouldn't want it all at once? That I'd get very confusing.
Speaker 1: Would you be able to get yourself pregnant?
Speaker 2: They could try?
Speaker 1: I do next thing?
Speaker 2: Um.
Speaker 1: In ancient Rome, ancient role lesbianism was it legal, but male homosexually wasn't.
Speaker 2: Let's say near Because I feel like, I feel like the Romans and the Greeks were quite famous for all the bumming, and they not quite consensual sex with younger men. So I'm going to say that that one is near not quite true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rome had a complicated class based attitude. Well, it depends how ritual. I mean. I'm not going to say that still happens today, not at all. I'm not going to say anything about certain files and a certain president. Moving on, ball culture.
Speaker 2: If you've got if you've got culture on your balls, you need to get that scene too. Learned that one that hard way?
Speaker 1: Did you learn?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no no? Ball culture began in nineteen eighties Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Uh near. I think it was earlier than that, and I think it was in New York, but I don't know for sure.
Speaker 1: Nineteen twenties Harlem.
Speaker 2: In fact, there we go. That's New york Ish, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It is New York Yeah, because I think nineteen twenties they didn't have Vogue then what the magazine? No, so they wouldn't have been able to Vogue didn't.
Speaker 2: Didn't did the did the magazine name come first?
Speaker 1: I think yes, because the reason why voguing is called voguing is because they the original pose is to emulate what they were doing in vogue. So he had those pictures or that that very eighties stylized. Ireland's first openly gay prime minister was Leo Va Kada queer.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, actually a thing, yeah, actually a thing which is quite nice. Yeah, it was he. It was he the T shirt or whatever they call it or because I think it's like the their their leaders in Irish, the word is t shock, I believe, yes, yes, something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's enough for now. Coming up after this shortbreak, we prepare for our oural stimulation. That means Ears and River in Spotlight welcome back, and you're still watching Micro and River in chewing they could. Now we're going to experience what River is famous for and not on specialist websites. Well, it's Spotlight, so it's you're famous for podcasting amongst many things that's on speciality websit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you do need quite a special website for for YouTube for podcasting stuff. It's not YouTube, no, no, it is on YouTube, but there's quite a lot of bleeping, quite a lot.
Speaker 1: I quite like after a while, what kind of things do you talk about on your podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh, all sorts of queer stuff. Everything queer. I actually started. One of the reasons I started it back in the day was because there were lots of gay YouTube channels and gay content, but it was all kind of like nice and fluffy and hate kids. It's great to be gay, rather than huh kindibis, yeah it is, it is great being gay, deaf sias. But there was a lot of all the websites were like that's that was yeah, gayness, and there wasn't much about like the less family friendly side of things.
Speaker 1: Not to say that it's the you know, just sanitized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very very It's queer stuff for queer people, not worried about what the advertisers want us to talk about so that they can package it nicely to straight people and sell it for money, which is why I'm poor. If I were any good at business, i'd be doing the sanitized, happily clean and all of that. But it's not. I do. I talk about real stuff.
Speaker 1: So what kind of topics do you cover?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying to think now of ones that I can talk about in a in a nothing nothing particularly disgusting. But we've talked about there's been an episode about how bums are great, but they're not just for sex. Sometimes they're also and how it's best it's best not to get the two mixed up and how to stop that from happening and things like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so thinks that douche.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to say.
Speaker 1: That that most French for shower it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so having a French shower when you're expecting a gentleman caller and that kind of thing. Yeah, and all that, and talking about why my housemate owns a pair of noise canceling headphones things like that, because that's always fun to be the cause of the need for noise canceling headphones rather than having to be the one wearing them, And things like topping and bottoming and what that, and like how you're not at top or bottom, you're someone who enjoys two bottom because it's not who you are. It's one of the things what you enjoy and that can change over time. You know, everything's queer and fluid. There's a load of stuff about being trans and non binary because that was kind of part of my journey and so you know, there's some stuff about that. I make it funny and silly. I a few years ago I had a big birthday. I'm an undisclosed number of years old. Don't worry about it. Part of my part of my trauma response to being in my thirties was to owl's this podcast be quiet? How dare you using your maths at me?
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty episodes?
Speaker 2: Ish, it's about shagging twinks, all right, so stuff like that and body hair and all sorts of things. There's all sorts of episodes about all sorts of stuff, all of it from a queer perspective in a way that should be hopefully silly and fun and engaging, and talks about stuff in a way that isn't too sanitized and boring.
Speaker 1: So very important needed, but still lighthearted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bit of silly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, cool. So how do you approach a subject like douching from a silly angle? Do you put?
Speaker 2: You test the water first? You make sure it's a comfortable temperature, because that's that can be bracing. If it's too cold, you really, yeah, it wakes you up. It don't need to be too hot either, No, No, you'd struggle getting the Savlon right up there, wouldn't you dear again? So, yes, I personally, when it comes to stuff like douching, I think about, you know, my experience of it, what I've what I what I know of it. Sometimes I do a bit of research, by which I mean I have a flick through Instagram and TikTok, and then I try and think of some jokes and make it funny and silly. We'll still find out what my point was, And I'm like, what am I trying to say? And then I chuck some knob jokes in. It's not difficult. If it were, it wouldn't be me doing it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're talked about douching.
Speaker 2: Yes, you seem stuck on that one.
Speaker 1: Do you want to shouting?
Speaker 2: Shouting more just vocally enjoying your gentleman caller as it were, annoying the neighbors.
Speaker 1: Annoying the neighbors.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it's any good, you get to a yodel. Sometimes it's more of just a grunt and a squirt, but that's you know, well we all get through it, don't we do it? Okay?
Speaker 1: Cool? So what should be probably your biggest tip? Sorry? People enjoying sex. What's your biggest tip?
Speaker 2: Oh, my biggest tip for enjoying sex use your words, like, don't be afraid to ask for what you want. No one's a mind reader. It took me a while to kind of like a very boring sex where I'm lid there, just kind of thinking, I hope you've just done soon, and before I realized that that's not really what you should be doing. What you should be doing is kind of going, what are you doing? Please? Stop? You're doing it wrong. Stop moving your arms about so much? Why are you sweating? Neither of us are moving that much. Things like that, you know, getting getting into it, and actually kind of like correcting people because if you don't tell them, they're not going to know, and they'll think they did a good job. Yeah, stop faking it. I've faked a lot of orgasms, even as a top and even while topping, and it's.
Speaker 1: An orgasm you just grunt and.
Speaker 2: Twitch a bit. No one checks. They're all too busy doing their own thing anyway, always check, They never check anyway, and stuff like that, and you know, it's disappointing. Whereas if you have to stop faking your orgasms. I started booing, but that I went a bit farther the way. People don't like that so much, you know, and you should feel bad. That kind of thing doesn't work very well. Yeah, I know. But somewhere in the middle, you know, it's it's better to be like, okay, now let's try it like this, or oh yeah, that feels good, keep doing that, or oh no, don't, or just rearranging things as you go to make it more fun. And if they push back, that can be part of the fun. I like it when they struggle. But also you know, you're you're learning together and it helps. And you know, if you're if you're one of those people that like seeing people more than once you're weirdos, then you learn together.
Speaker 1: You have a particular parson for the younger gentleman caller.
Speaker 2: Nothing was ever proved and say illegal, All right, okay, I mean your.
Speaker 1: Age, it's not difficult.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, considering my age, most of the people but I could have sex with are already younger than me. You know that that number is only going to keep getting bigger. That the number of people getting older than me is is shrinking, The number of people younger is constantly increasing.
Speaker 1: Do you find you have to educate more.
Speaker 2: I mean it depends on I find it easier to filter for already know what they're doing. So if there's someone who's kind of hot but seems a bit kind of gorneless or a bit kind of like that. I found the really pretty ones tend to be useless in bed because they've never had to try. They just kind of like drift through and everything just happens for them. You know, you can really tell the ones who've always been hot because they just turn up and expect everything to go wonderfully for them. Yeah, and yeah, I had one guy actually, he came around. We were having a lovely time stripping each other off all of that gorgeous six pack. He was really hot. Even his dick had abs, that's how hot he was. And yeah, so I was I was down there doing my thing. I'm having a lovely time. And then afterwards he was great, Oh that was amazing. Did you come too? And I'm like, did I? Did I come from sucking your dick? Sure? Why not? Goodbye? And and yeah, So I've found unless they really seem to know what they're doing, I'm like, no, I'm going to finishing myself off I might as well just use your pictures and have the rest of the night to myself. Whereas if they if they know what they're doing, if they seem a lot more engaged and like they're actually listening to me rather than just having a really complicated wet wank, do you know what I mean? Like, sometimes you have sex with people and like, oh, you don't need me here, you just needed something to Sometimes you do get people or so I certainly have encountered people who aren't that bothered about the other person. They're just there for their own pleasure and that's that's that's a that's a no from me, thank you.
Speaker 1: When you're looking about sex and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: I think it communications to the deaf seas I very much agree. Use your words, communicate, make sure the other person knows, and if they're not listening or they're not receptive, get rid find a better one one.
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool. So if people wanted to hear some less TV friendly versions of that swears in it and everywheares and things, and where would we find it?
Speaker 2: Yes, anywhere on the internet. Just search probably true podcast or River Scott you'll probably find it with my name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: That's almost the end of the show now, but on screen you can see our contact details. It is at the cud tv on your social media's and if you want to catch up on previous episodes, you can always binges on the YouTube's just search Chewing the CUD.
Speaker 1: Thank you for watching and we will see you all soon. Bye.