Speaker 1: All right, one of our all time favorite guests is former Dallas Cowboy Travis Frederick. We're gonna do a long form sit down interview with him tomorrow night on our YouTube channel. It's gonna start at eight pm. To go to YouTube dot com slash Ben and Skin be sure to hit subscribe. We're gonna talk to Travis Fredick for about an hour. It's gonna be a lot of fun. And don't forget he's the guy who's gonna make the decision on who the Cowboys picking the second and third round this year. Yeah, it's up this totally his decision. I'm sure we'll talk to him about that. We've got a gen Z survey coming up next that's very interesting. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Third time. Today we go back to the well of the NBA on TNT.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because again a huge episode last night.
Speaker 4: I'm first going to play for you the clip that was going viral, and then I'm gonna play you added context.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the clip that was going viral last night.
Speaker 4: In DFW, Charles Barkley addressing MAVs GM Nico Harrison after yesterday's press conference.
Speaker 5: Listen, man, I consider you a friend of mine, Nico Harrison, I consider you a friend of mine. I wish you nothing but the best. I thought you did a good job last year with the MAVs, and obviously whatever happened this year didn't work out. Man, don't do no more press conferences. I don't even know what you're doing. I really don't like. I got sympathy and love for you, but I have zero idea what you're trying to do. This war is over, brother, you you go to take you take in the l I hope you keep your job. I hope that team get healthy. But man, don't do any more interviews.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you got that.
Speaker 6: That's pretty real because you could tell Charles is an anti Nico. He's not fire Nico, He's just an observer looking at this from afar, going this has got to stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I don't see the upside here. Man. I saw a list that the players vote thing. Did you see that I did? Yeah? For the Athletics.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 1: The Mavericks were a bottom five team in the league based on what players perceptions of the organizations are.
Speaker 4: Wait, that was in the Athletic The Athletic Anonymous players poll.
Speaker 2: Yes, small sample size.
Speaker 3: They didn't you know they had like one hundred and fifty players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I guess if you look a lot.
Speaker 1: If you look at the teams that are in that bottom five, you're like, wait, what just like the bulls, that's a tough It's it's a this is the this is the biggest one season self inflicted free fall I've ever witnessed in professional sports. It's I think that's probably accurate. Because you're in the finals. You're in the finals, and you're in the finals led by a twenty five year old global icon.
Speaker 3: You're like, man, we made it to the finals.
Speaker 1: We're going to be going to the finals pretty much for the next decade.
Speaker 3: And now this it's that.
Speaker 6: The other thing working against them is if it's like you're sitting there saying, and Charles just said it, I hope y'all get healthy. The problem is that some of your best players have a track record of not staying healthy and your most important play Okay, only with an ACL.
Speaker 2: But Charles said that he considers him a friend in speaking to him, sincerely, have you all seen the added context of this?
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna tell you that I do not know if this was before or after Charles did the one shot at the camera to address him.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know if it was before or after this.
Speaker 4: First you're gonna hear Shaq, who's a little off, I think, then you're gonna hear Charles.
Speaker 7: His problem is he wants to be liked when he should just be focusing on doing his job.
Speaker 2: I actually don't think Nico cares if he's liked or not.
Speaker 3: I don't either. I promise who he didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Shack's Shack's well, but Shack's always kind of wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I made a decision where it was his decisions.
Speaker 3: Okay, now time out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what he's saying there and in essence is right, and the reason why he's doing it somebody wants him to be liked, or they at least want to serve the fans. Yeah, they're not putting him out there for his own health. They're making him go out there and he's gonna take bullets. Yeah, he's not doing it because he wants everyone to like him. But he's trying to be nice to everyone, to try to play nice with the fans.
Speaker 6: And he said in the press conference, he was like, what we did last Tuesday. He didn't call it the disaster, but he kind of said as much. Hey, it went poorly, and that's why I'm back out here now.
Speaker 7: The importance of Luca. But he just wanted to be nice. He wanted to give the corporate answer. So my advice to your brother is just do your job and to just go up the flow. As long as the owner's got your back, you should be fine, and.
Speaker 5: The owner should have his back, because it clared the owners threw him unto the bus. I don't know Nico that well.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, hold on, Well he's not saying they're best friends, but he was making it clear he wasn't just one of the other people who's coming after him. I don't know, but dude, he was out there. That is ownership making him do that. Yeah, but Charles did.
Speaker 5: This man, I consider you a friend of mine, Nico Harrison, Right.
Speaker 4: Dude, there's no one that I don't know that well that I consider a friend of.
Speaker 1: Mine, really, because I do person I feel the same way about him.
Speaker 3: He's a friend of yours. Yeah, I have his number.
Speaker 1: I've had his number since what two thousand, two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys are friends.
Speaker 2: With Nico.
Speaker 3: So I've had his I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had his number since two thousand and six in my phone, but I don't know him that well.
Speaker 3: But I consider him a friend.
Speaker 1: Nico a friend, So yeah, it's like what, I totally understand what he's coming from. But he's not saying we're not best friends. I don't know his kids' names, I don't know his wife, I don't know any of that stuff. But we're certainly friendly. But there's a million people like that. I know why what Barkley's saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And and the other thing too, is like friend can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Right, hey man, we have we have a good relationship as acquaintances. Some people consider that a friend. It doesn't mean like you know, you're gonna go to the hospital when their child.
Speaker 4: I think I like this show because I rarely ever agree with anything that they say, but I still love watching it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love watching it.
Speaker 4: Kenny though, is like Nico's been to my house, Like Kenny comes in later, is like he's been to my house. Yeah, And Kenny's like, it's you know you shot the jumper yet to see if they goes in or not, Like Kenny's got the balance take on it.
Speaker 1: My last interaction with Nico was over basketball shoes, and he was going to give me a pair of Kobe's. So think about that. He knows Kobe that well, He's going to give me a pair of Kobe's. And then I saw him again. He goes, hey, I still got those Kobe's for you. Yeah, and I had a friend the other day I go, would you accept those Kobe's?
Speaker 3: Now, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm I'm I still consider Nico a friend in the same way I did two months ago, exactly. I mean, I'm not. If I don't agree with a person, you have to you have to like do something different than trade an athlete for me to like turn on you, right, you know. But I get people that are like that because we ask fans to be passionate.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 6: But I'm not going to turn on a person because they made a sports decision I disagree.
Speaker 1: So if I trade show Hey off my fantasy baseball team, You're not gonna suddenly you are dead to me in that friends, Yeah, okay, I won't do that.