Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner Clerk.
Speaker 2: Get them dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 1: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot? We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot.
Speaker 4: Come and get it.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 4: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: I got it best overall, Miss Dan Klass.
Speaker 2: Padre's fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 3: Ring.
Speaker 2: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Tim kas Hi, everybody, and we'll welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful Thursday afternoon here in southern California. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers forty six and twenty nine as they sit all alone atop the NL West a four game lead over the San Francisco Giants, And get your fours up as the Dodgers go for the four game sweep over the San Diego Padres tonight in the series finale. Yoshinobu Yamamoto goes for the Dodgers first pitch from Dodgers Stadium. It's coming up at seven to ten, coming up over the next sixteen minutes. Before that, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from manager Dave Roberts. We're also gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup David Vasego's one on one with Justin Robleski. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. We'll hear from Dalton rushing it in just a few minutes. We check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out at the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well, last night, it was the law firm of Shehan and Robleski getting it done for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 6: Dodgers needed two pitchers last night to go the distance and a win over the Padres. Emmett Sheen Welcome back, young man. The twenty five year old miss the last fourteen months. Tommy John Surgery hadn't pitched a September of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Back on the mound last night.
Speaker 6: Four innings, one run, three hits, six strikeouts, sixty five pitches up, you can get an RBI single. In the second, Dodgers were down one nothing and it would rain that way until the bottom of the fifth inning. Andy Paz with a sack fly to center that scored Max mount See. The Dodgers a beautiful job of manufacturing a run that tied the game at won, and they weren't done. Later in the inning, up came Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 7: Dalton Rushing likes to command the strike zone. He hasn't done it enough at the major league level yet.
Speaker 1: Ahead three and one, the pitch swung on rip to.
Speaker 8: Right field, Well, get down headmen scores green light for Hessun Kim, but go ahead two run, BA said.
Speaker 1: For Dulton Rushing.
Speaker 9: He breaks through.
Speaker 6: He huge hit for Dalton Rushing drives and a pair in the fifth as the Dodgers take a.
Speaker 1: Three to one lead. It would remain that way.
Speaker 6: With Justin Robleski taking over in the fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth.
Speaker 1: He put up zeros in the ninth.
Speaker 6: It was still the Dodgers up three to one when the Padres would get a couple of runs across to tie the game at three. All right, So the bottom of the ninth the Dodgers went. Will Smith did not start the game for the Dodgers. Dalton Rushing got the start. Hayes on Kim Spot the lineup came up for the Dodgers in the bottom half of the ninth inning. Dave Roberts went to Will Smith to win.
Speaker 7: It allowed and long strike for Sorez. Now the O two pitch, Smith pushes a fly ball right center field.
Speaker 8: Tatis on their own at the warning track, hit the wall. Gone, It's gone and this game is over. Just got be all to reach it for no No Tatis Junior. Will Smith comes home. Then now we go home. They celebrate in front of the play oh walk up home run for Will Smith.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers win in.
Speaker 8: The ninth four to three.
Speaker 6: Lokoffs are so much fun. Will Smith with the home run to right center field. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. How about Will Smith in this season He's having get him to Atlanta for the All Star Game, hitting three thirty three and nine to sixty six ops eight home runs, now forty one runs batted in thirty six runs scored in fifty nine games for.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers this year.
Speaker 6: As the Dodgers beat the Padres again last night, the final four to three, Dodgers now forty six and twenty nine on this season, they've taken five or six already from the San Diego Padres. They go for the four game sweep tonight with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch at seven ten and with more out to the Galpu Motors broadcast booth, as we welcome in Steven Nelson, then Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, all right, thank you tom Rick Monday, and I'm back here at Dodgers Stadium for the series finale. The Dodgers and Padres game four of four, and the Dodgers have won the first three have a chance to finish off a sweep or aka a mop against the Padres and make it six consecutive wins. This team is on a roll right now. Despite everything that has gone on and all the roster turmoil in the injuries, they have found a way to not only just survive this twenty nine game stretch against teams with winning records, but.
Speaker 2: Thrive, yep to thrive, and I think that's part of the drive of good teams. You rise the occasion Dodgers did last night the walk off pinch hit home run by Will Smith, But that's the twenty seventh come from behind victory. There's five more than any other team in Major League Baseball, and I think that shows a couple of things. He very talented team, but also some depth for maneuvering with the roster of the position players there have been is like, what's my line? Well, the mystery guests signed in please as far as the pitching staff goes, and that's another edition we see today. Yeat Momoto is going to pitch and he needs to stretch it out rebound from his last outing. But I think overall, if you look at this Dodger record steven forty six wins and twenty nine losses, and with the home crowd here and boosting them along too, twenty eight and twelve is their home record.
Speaker 7: I think the biggest thing that has kind of come to the surface in these recent weeks is just the depth of the organization.
Speaker 1: Just even if you look.
Speaker 7: At this series from a smaller window, the top of the order last night, for example, the Dodgers didn't get anything from their big trio hardly right and Otani, Betts and Freeman. But the bottom of the order, you know Max Munsey, who's turned his season around over the last month, and you're getting contributions from rookies like Hessong Kim and Dalton Rushing. Obviously the guys on the mountain we mentioned she and Robleski. You know, it's not just looking to the big guns every single night to win.
Speaker 2: The ballgame, exactly. And you look at the pitching also, because the game one of the series show Hey Otani returns to the Dodgers as a starting pitcher, it was estimated he only go one inning. That's exactly what he did. Game two, Jack Dryer went two innings that was anticipated. The bullpen had to cover last night, emaged Sheian, his first start really since twenty twenty three. He comes on, goes four innings. That was expected and very much appreciated because he did not walk about him well, actually had one walk that was issued. But if you look at the bullpen, they have been day after day, night after night, the big, big hug that has helped his ball club stay in games and enabling the offense to come through and score.
Speaker 7: Yoshinova, Yamamoto, the Dodgers ace has a chance to pitch them to a four game series sweep. It's been a tough goal for Yamamoto and the Dodgers here in the month of June, which has been really a tough to fathom and comprehend given how excellent he was and has been for the majority of this season. It'll be Yama motive for the Dodgers, Bergert for the Padres. Game four four on the way shortly.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you Nelly, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal LNG at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming out here on Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna check in with David Vaza. We'll hear from Dalton rushing though where we come back. You're Tani rewinding as well. Here'ston wad. So we got so much to get to before first pitch, not out of Dodgers standium as a Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Go for the sweep of San Diego. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 6: Tim Kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on your home for.
Speaker 4: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Hits the Dodgers and the Padres. Final game of this four game Seiyoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount. Ryan Berger will go for San Diego. First pitch at seven ten. This is the Otani rewid shoe. Heotani last night oh for four with the strikeouts. You go back to Tuesday night where he was oh for four with four strikeouts. He is hitless in his last two games. He did go two for four, of course, with the double couple of ribbies on a walk on Monday night in the win over the Padres. Despite no hits in the last two games from Shoho Tani, the Dodgers still victorious in those games. They look for their six straight win overall in the sweep tonight over San Diego.
Speaker 4: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Karson now joins us from Dodgers Standing and brought to by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Britley Agent standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Well, the Dodgers and Padres finishing off this four game series, Garston Dodgers going for the suite. But leading up to tonight's game, a lot of fun happening on the field just a.
Speaker 1: Little while ago.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, there's so much that's happening at Dodger Stadium today. So first, like, so it's Juneteenth and Mookie Bets, it's Black Heritage Night here at Dodger Stadium and so on. Mooki Bets is hosting the first Celebrities Softball game, and I should tell you he is so excited about this. So he is going to be coaching one of the teams. We've got Matt Barnes who's coaching the other team. There are so many celebrities. It's the positive about you know, living in Los Angeles. They got Lil Wayne here. You know, there are just so many people that have showed up, of course to support Mookie Bets, to support the Dodgers and to take part of this. So he's hoping that it's going to be a yearly thing that we'll be seeing here at Dodger Stadium on Juneteenth, or at least on Black Heritage Night, So we'll see how it all comes together. But he is so excited the play here are so excited. I saw I ran into some people. I see James Loan, He's going to be a part of the game, and I was telling him. I was like, listen, just don't embarrass us, James, Okay, go out there. You are upsitting the Spectrum Sportsnet crew. You're representing the all of the radio on the TV side.
Speaker 4: Now, don't embarrass us.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 10: So hopefully you'll hit a home run for us and show that you know the broadcasters.
Speaker 11: We still got this.
Speaker 6: We still a lot of fun on the field, a lot of big names there at Dodger Stadium. Yoshi Nobu Yamamoto on the mound. Last time we saw him Friday night against the Giants. Pitched into the fifth inning but gave up five runs, six hits, walked five, gave up a pair of home runs and a loss. He's zero and two with an ERA north of five in the month of June. This is a get right game for Yoshi.
Speaker 10: Yeah, June has been a tough one for him and even like you mentioned those walks in his last outing and that was a career high for him. So it things just he just felt like he kind of hasn't had the stuff. Of course, the question has been asked about, you know, just because now he's on that five days rest rather than the sixth Dame that six days rest that he's started with to start this season, so that has been a big question. He said that he does not believe just kind of the lack of results or mechanics has led to that. We've talked about, you know, just the run support that he hasn't necessarily been having from the offense on his start dates, but for the last one, some definitely some uncharacteristic things coming from him. So the hope is today he can kind of just get back on track. And Dave Roberts was very adamant last night when he spoke to the media. He was just like, he's just due, he's due for a really strong outing. He's due to get back on track. So hopefully today with against the Padres, he'd be able to do just that, and then hopefully they'll be able to pick up the sweep and you know, with the excitement that's been going on, especially with all his pregame activities and the softball game and stuff. Hopefully he can just kind of carry that over into the game tonight.
Speaker 6: No doubt, it'd be nice to get the win for Yoshi and get the sweep of the San Diego Padres. Kear's gonna be appreciate it. What check in with you after the game?
Speaker 1: Still to come?
Speaker 6: Here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck, we dive deeper in to this pitching matchup. David Vat saying, goes, what all what with just Roblusky? How big was he last night teaming up with Imagan? But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from Dalton Rush he had a big hit last night for the Dodgers and the win over the Padres. As we lead you up the first pitch on this Thursday night, I'm Jim Kates. Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dep on your home for the blue all season loft.
Speaker 6: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you have the first pitch on this Thursday night is the Dodgers and Padres. Dodgers first place at times the division, going for the sweep over San Diego. They have dominated the first six games already of this series, took two of three at Petco Park last week, and they're off to a good start so far in this four game set, winning the first three games. Going into tonight, Morongo Casino Resort and Spot. It's a grand Slam for good times. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: It's the La Dodge injury report.
Speaker 6: Is it about UCLA healthy? Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony Gonsolin on the sixty day IL now with the right elbow sowordness. That is not good news. Tyler Glass now Blake Snell both working their way back. Luis Garcia threw a sim game earlier in the week, Blake trying it on the sixty day IL. He threw a bullpen session earlier in the week as well. Rookie Sasaki tried to work his way back from the right shoulder impingement well. Last night, the Dodgers with a four to three walk off win thanks to Dodger catcher Will Smith, but earlier in the game Dalton rushing the other Dodger catcher had a huge two runs single to give the Dodgers the lead three to one. And talk to David Vesse after we're.
Speaker 3: Here at Dalton Rushing, who had a big night behind the play, drove in two runs. What did you say about your counterpart?
Speaker 12: Well, thank you branding it early, Will, Nobody wanted to play extras. And there's one guy you trust going up there in that situation as well.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it was pretty full. You had a great view you were on deck. How did you see that at back going, especially after that fell ball down the left field? Lie? Not gonna Lie? I was.
Speaker 12: I was about just as confused.
Speaker 3: As Will was.
Speaker 12: We thought Tatis caught it. I also thought he caught it and then he just started walking. So yeah, it all worked out. I mean, Will, he's such a great player. It's fun to be able to see it at that close.
Speaker 3: You had a big part of tonight's game. Let's go back to the ninth inning. Freddie Freeman is able to have the field awareness to realize the runner at third Lockridge is breaking home. Were you surprised in that situation he was coming home?
Speaker 12: No, I mean they're they're pressing the envelope. They're gonna try to get a run across the board anyway possible. Guy like Freddy just fundamentally sounds with the best of him and obviously he's gonna make that play and take the out at home.
Speaker 3: What could you say about what Emmett and Robleski did tonight.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's massive being able to have those two guys come out here and just essentially just do their job.
Speaker 4: Do their job.
Speaker 12: They say, I have a bullpen and give us a chance to obviously go ahead and sweep the weekend, sweep the series tomorrow and moving into the weekend a better situation.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the way the Dodgers planned it, the one two combo behind the plate tonight. Rush again, Will Smith, thanks a lot for stopping.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, thank you so much.
Speaker 11: Yeah, what a great night for the Dodger catchers last night.
Speaker 6: Will Smith at the walk off home run Dalton rushing one for two with the two runs driven in also on base via a walk. Is the Dodgers have now won five in a row. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: We're gonna check in with David Vassay.
Speaker 4: You just heard from him.
Speaker 6: Lead jump the first bitch Dodgers and the Padres. Tim kas is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 5: As we were saying yes is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Padres is wearing off one more time in this four game series. They met seven times over the last eleven days. Yoshi Yoma Moto, Yoshihobu Yamamoto on the mount first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 5: Joining Tim kits On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 6: Right, DV show Hey, o Tani. We find out he is pitching on Sunday.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 9: Sunday is going to be the day against the Washington Nationals, and it'll be interesting to see how the Dodgers navigate that Sunday. The whole point of all this is for show Hey to get used to being a two way player again. So any thoughts of him not being the dh that day put them out of your mind, because he is going to do both when he does pitch. Now, it'll be interesting to see whether or not the Dodgers want to take it a little extra careful and not have him be in the starting lineup on Saturday night against the lesser opponent that has lost eleven games, including a couple to the Rockies before they come to town.
Speaker 3: So he is going to pitch on Sunday.
Speaker 9: He will probably go two to three innings, and you know he is pitch limit was at thirty in his first start.
Speaker 3: I could see it being moved.
Speaker 9: Up a little bit to fifty at the most, but I'm curious to see how they navigate the hitting part of it.
Speaker 6: The night before, David is driven by the twenty twenty five Ford f one to fifty from California's best selling truck. It's time to see Ford in a new light, take advantage of employee pricing. Through the end of June, David, you look at this Dodgers lineup, and we talk about the Big three, the Big four, the Big five.
Speaker 1: Depending on how the lineup is looking.
Speaker 6: But the seven eight to nine hitters in this series have been really good.
Speaker 3: And that's been the difference in the Dodgers winning the first three games and the Padres losing the first three games. You look at the.
Speaker 9: Dodgers seven eight nine hitters, they're batting a combined three forty three and thirty two at bats with three home runs, eight RBIs and nine runs scored. The Padres bottom third of the order is just six for thirty two at one eighty seven batting average. They've driven in only two runs and have only scored four runs. So, with Otani and Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman really not having a big impact in driving in runs, that part of the Dodger lineup has won these first three games offensively. And then you add in Max Munsey as the six hitter, it becomes a wider differential between the two teams.
Speaker 6: Team of the Dodgers made it a roster move, and the move is sending Ima Sheean down to add another arm. But Imma she and last night four and he's one run, three hits, six strikeouts, a lot of swing and misses, sixty five pitches.
Speaker 1: Did he do something wrong.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't.
Speaker 9: But he is still coming back from Tommy Johns surgery. He only had two three rehab assignments before the Dodgers called him up to make the start last night, and all three of those at Oklahoma City were not more than three in So the Dodgers realize they need image sheen for the rest of the year, and they understand he's coming back from elbow surgery, so they feel like it's prudent now with Otani starting to come back into the rotation to be able to cool him off a little bit, don't push him too hard on a major league game and get him into that ramp up situation in the minor leagues. And in case you're wondering what's going on in the back round, Tim, the Mookie Bets softball game just concluded. Matt Barnes, the former Bruin and Laker, won the game for Team Mook with a walk off home run.
Speaker 3: So there you go. Matt Barnes is the hero. Like Will Smith last night.
Speaker 6: Leave it to a Bruin to always come through when you need a victory, David, Isn't that for sure?
Speaker 1: So all right? Coming up here?
Speaker 9: Well okay, well that's exactly what we're all thinking right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe not all right?
Speaker 3: And Rodney Pete and Holly Robinson actually the mcs here. I feel like Rodney has warmed up as the game went along.
Speaker 6: Oh good for rod We'll see him tomorrow and hear him tomorrow. Back on five seventy.
Speaker 3: L a sports breaking news coming up here on.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear.
Speaker 6: From Justin Roblutsky. We're gonna dive deeper into this bitchy matchup. Yoshi Yamamoto look at a bounce back after a rough outing last time against the Giants.
Speaker 1: That's all coming up as we lead.
Speaker 6: You up to Dodgers and Padres and a chance to get the sweep over San Diego. First pitch of seven ten, I'm Tim kase is the.
Speaker 11: World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Hitch the Dodgers and the Padres. Final game of this scour game set as the homestand continues. Yoshi Yamamoto goes for the Dodgers. Ryan Berger on the mound for the Padres. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: Who wants a hot gun?
Speaker 4: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment.
Speaker 5: Hitch Magical presented by Hawfy hot Tis.
Speaker 6: We go back to June the third, David twenty thirteen, Dodgers taking on the Padres out of Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers that night would get home runs from Adrian Gonzalez in the first Scott Van Slike went deep in the second inning. That night though the major league debut of the young Cuban Yasio Puig, who went two for four at the plate in the leadoff spot and ended the game with a dramatic defensive play.
Speaker 13: To one one out in the ninth pitch, couplanks the runner goes fly ball right field when he gets back at the wall and he makes the catch. Now a throwback to first base and is in a double play in the game.
Speaker 14: Gay, Yes, it is an unbelievable way to end the game. Which flash to right Quig against the wall. The runner to Norfia was going and we throws up to Norfia at first base.
Speaker 3: But double play to end the game.
Speaker 6: Oh baby, just the old nine to three double play from Yasio Puig catching the ball and right and then doubling it up Christa Norfia at first to end the game. Dodgers win a two to one as Ya L. Puig, the young Cuban, makes his major league debut on that June the thi This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Hoffey hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Local and so greatly continue here Dodgers on dep we will check you out, Rick Monday, lean you up to first pitch, Dodgers Padres, Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Going for the sweep.
Speaker 11: I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 5: Now this is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. Who on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Padres, Yoshi Yamamotive on the Mount, Ryan Bergert, We'll go for the San Diego Padres for spitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers Baseball. We always got to have a game plan. This is your game plan, Dodgers fans. Starting your future to California Community College. Financial Aid's available to help you out for the tuition, for the books, sometimes even the rint yep. It's time to take that next big step in your life. Classes can film quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Massey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: All right, it's time for number sixteen. Rick Monday. How you doing, Rick.
Speaker 2: I'm doing well. You've got that big grin on your face. Let me tell you something. Let me head you off at the past, okay, because I know it's not the end of a box canyon you're going to. You're gonna bring up Will Smith's home run last night, right, that's right? Yeah, wearing the right number? Am I correct? That's right because I happened hearing you last night, and I mean an illegal change when I heard that, because I had no idea, and obviously somebody had to blow the dust off the archives and open up that book and be able to check it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's usually Sarah Lange's at Major League Baseball. She usually dusts off all the old books.
Speaker 3: But it's true.
Speaker 9: Will Smith's pinchhit, walk off home run broke the Dodger franchise record, which he was tied with another number sixteen. And that's you, Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had no idea that was the case. I'll tell you what. Will Smith is having the type of season that you look at. He's doing everything including coming up with big Bays hits. He's in there again tonight. At the pinch hit last night, I thought was amazing. A couple of different things. First of all, he comes off the bench and it's an two count and he hit the ball. I didn't think he really squared it up on the solid part of the bat. I thought it was out towards the end of the bat. And the reason I bring that up is that the amount of carrie that that ball had hitting it off the end of the bat is really amazing. And I do know that I've not seen him myself, but I hear that on the golf course, Will Smith can absolutely crush the golf ball off the te box.
Speaker 9: And I guess in the last two games where he got the two big hits, he was basically just putting the barrel on the bat, dropping it down on the baseball.
Speaker 2: The other part, too, is being able to make good contact. It doesn't matter where the ball is hit the home run was hit. I did not think that Tatis had a good route at all on the baseball. I don't know if it would have made a difference or not. I also made an illegal lean change when I heard you say you thought that he had some hop in him, but that didn't happen because he did not get And we're talking about Tatis did not get back to the defense early enough in order to really collect himself and make the leap up to maybe catch that ball, because I thought there was a chance, I was a chance that ball could have been caught.
Speaker 9: Well, going back to the clutch sixteen are clutch sixteen, Rick Monday, I'm going to give you a little trivia question. Do you remember your two pinch hit walk off home runs with the Dodgers?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: All right, Let's see if this rings about nineteen eighty against the Reds here at Dodgers Stadium against Doug Bear. Remember that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember him, a fastball, curve ball, and I think I maybe hit a curveball off of Doug Bear. Right ended pitcher, good pitcher, through hard.
Speaker 9: All right, here's your other one. Nineteen eighty one, a special year for you, Rick. It was May twentieth against the Phillies here at Dodgers Stadium, and you loved hitting against the Phillies. Your second walk off home run as a pinch hitter against Tug McGraw.
Speaker 2: Against Tug, I believe I also hit one off of Tug during.
Speaker 3: A game in Philadelphia in the NLCS.
Speaker 2: On was was coming into the game. It was not a walk off, but I remember that Tommy asked me to come on and pinch hit, even though Tug McGraw is on the mount in Monty Basca, who's the bench coastays well it's a lefty, and Tommy says, I don't care, it doesn't matter, and I wound up the hitting. Thanks for the trip back and the memory lane.
Speaker 9: I'm curious You've had a lot of great things happen in your baseball life. When you hear your name linked and a player breaking a record like that, and I mentioned those games, does is there anything in your mind's eye that can remember those things?
Speaker 2: Sometimes not all the time, not all the time at all. There are special moments, but I think more group moments. When you say nineteen eighty one, I think of the team, and you know, I wear this World Championship ring from nineteen eighty one every day. I don't have to be reminded as it. Oh, by the way, you happen to do that. I look at it from the big picture. You know, the twenty five players, the teammates. You look at Tom to the sort, you look at the coaching staff, you look at the front office, you look at the scouting and then the fans that were there for me. It's kind of a celebration of Memory Lane and going back in there. But I like celebrating with those that I was surrounded with and we accomplished something instead of standing on a podium and say, Okay, look at this, look at this medal, and what wish. There's nothing wrong with winning the medal, but I prefer team team victories.
Speaker 9: We actually talked about that the other day. Your Dodger teams were never individualized.
Speaker 3: It was always a group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And that's what you have to do the game of baseball. Teams win, you know. Tim Lasorda had this saying, individuals win awards, Teams win championships.
Speaker 9: Nineteen eighty one a special team championship.
Speaker 3: Rick, you're our number sixteen. Okay, we'll check back in with you a little bit late.
Speaker 2: Books back into the archives and then lock yeah, lock it up. I probably found him somewhere in a cave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we did. It was uh, it was BC when I founded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, written in stone.
Speaker 3: Well, set it back here in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tip, all right, thanks a lot, guys still to come here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: We'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Yoshi Yamamoto, look the bounce back after his last outing against the Giants. Stephen Nelson will be back with a rick. We'll get to those keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Justin rold Lusky. What a night he had last night of pitching out of the bullpen Dodgers and Andres on this Thursday night at First Pitching seven ten, I'm Tim Katsis the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tech on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers playing host the San Diego Padres looking for a sweep over there both to the south. Yoshi Yamamoto on the mount. First Pitching seven ten Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zenchi Sushi.
Speaker 1: It is so good, made.
Speaker 6: Fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion and a tradition. You can taste tuna rolls, spicy toun' rolls, salmon timpurra, shrimp rolls.
Speaker 11: They got the mango crunchy dragon roll. Colin and I love those.
Speaker 6: They got the poke bowls, they got all the different platters for all your space occasions. Find Zen She near the deli counter at Ralph's. Zen She sues, she always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 5: David, And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight.
Speaker 9: It was a win for the Dodgers last night in more ways than one. The Dodgers walk off thanks to Will Smith, but also did not have to dip into that bullpen thanks to Emit Sheen and our guest Justin Robleski. Thanks a lot for the time, Justin appreciate it. And there's Emmit Sheen right on.
Speaker 3: Cute thank you.
Speaker 15: David's up.
Speaker 9: Hey, how was that feeling last night? Just rewarding not only in winning the game, but also helping your bullpen out.
Speaker 15: Yeah, obviously it's you know, it's always great to help the bullpen. And you know, like I said before, going out there and saving the bullpen is kind of my job, regardless of where my role is right now. So that's kind of what I want to go out there and do every time.
Speaker 9: The last time we've seen you the last two times out, including last night, it just seems like you're pitching with a lot more conviction. Are we seeing that?
Speaker 15: Yeah? For sure. I think I'm just kind of dipping back into who I am as a pitcher and just kind of I think that comes with, you know, comfortability and being up here. So I think it's it's been great and I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: Who is that? Who are you as a pitcher?
Speaker 15: I think I'm just I'm the guy that's gonna go out there and fill the strike zone and then you know, let my stuff play and see where it takes me.
Speaker 3: What was working so well last night?
Speaker 15: I think we were doing a pretty decent job of getting ahead and counts. I think I still could have done a little bit better first pitch strikes, but I was doing a good job if I didn't get the first pitch strike, kind of getting back in the count, getting two of the first three in there, and you know, when you have guys on their heels, it's just tougher for them to hit. So I think that's what I was doing a good job of.
Speaker 9: I guess we could get into all the science of pitching, but it really does come down to making your job easier by getting ahead early.
Speaker 15: That's true. That's that's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 9: I know, right everybody wants to break down your pitching mechanics, but getting ahead in the count strike one is vital to anybody. I sometimes count how many pitches a pitcher will throw behind in the count, and you can see the difference how it works and how you get yourself into trouble when you don't throw strike.
Speaker 15: One, for sure. I think it's just, you know, guys up here are obviously very, very skilled, best hitters in the world, so when you get behind in the count, it kind of frees them out to take their their best swings, and that's where you get into trouble.
Speaker 9: Justin Robleski is our guest. I'm still amazed by how many of you young guys can adapt from being a starting pitcher to being a guy to come in in bulk innings or close out games. What is it about the culture in the minor leagues that allows you guys to be so nimble.
Speaker 15: I think it's just we have a lot of guys with with pretty high character and kind of are willing to do whatever it takes to win, and especially you know, we understand that when we come up here, like what our role is and where we fit in. I think you know, everybody understands that regardless of where you're at, the and the goals of what you're trying to do out there is the same, and no matter where you are, it's it's the same. You're just trying to get ahead and counts, you're trying to save the bullpen. You're just trying to go out there and do your thing. And I think you know, just focusing on the process more than you know necessarily what the results are or where you're pitching from.
Speaker 9: When the game is rolling on like it was last night, how do you treat the preparation? Are you trying to put your head where it would be at seven ten?
Speaker 15: I think for me it's just you know, treating it similar to a start. Obviously there's there's some things that you can't quite prepare for, but you know, for me, it's like I'm going to come in after che'sy and you know, whatever whatever we do like whenever that is like, just be ready for it. And you know you have an idea and Bartow and all them are very good about, you know, telling you you know kind of what the plan is going into the game, and then you just kind of roll and adap with it.
Speaker 3: Hey, I love that nickname, cheesy for image shean.
Speaker 15: Of course, of course you got to.
Speaker 3: Give him some spice. That's why he's the man.
Speaker 15: He's the man.
Speaker 3: How good was it to see him back out there?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, man, it's it's awesome. You know, I kind of I had had TJ as well, so I kind of know what it takes. And you know, especially you know, for him having it, you know, while being in the big leagues, I'm sure it was a little tougher and you know, really really awesome to see him do his thing last night. He's got electric stuff. He's a great dude, so it was super super happy for him.
Speaker 9: Justin Robleski is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Padres as the Dodgers looked for the four game sweep. Also another dynamic last night was your catcher Dalton Rushing. How comfortable were you seeing him behind the plate, even at this level.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's great. It's great to see Dalton back there. And obviously I've thrown him a bunch of the minor leagues. So just kind of having the chance to throw to him is great. You know, whether whether it's him or will, I trust both of them back there. So it was it was cool to throw to him and go to see him get that big hit last night.
Speaker 9: What fancy nickname does Dalton Rushing have in Oklahoma City?
Speaker 15: Just rush, just rush. Yeah, that's all that's all we got for him. But he doesn't need it. He doesn't need a crazy.
Speaker 3: One, all right about Robleski? Just Robo, just Robo.
Speaker 15: That's been it forever.
Speaker 3: All right, Stash is looking nice.
Speaker 15: I appreciate it. I appreciate I'm trying to maintain, trying to maintain.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for the time, great job last night and keep it going.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, thank you.
Speaker 3: There he is the man.
Speaker 9: Justin Robleski has been our guest and he'll receive a gift card to Travis S.
Speaker 3: Matthew. Travis S.
Speaker 9: Matthew Apparel. It is designed for confidence and comfort no matter where the day takes you. Whether you're a starter or you're a reliever, Travis S. Matthew has you covered. Visit Travismtthew dot com and receive twenty percent off your first order when you sign up for email Viva Paez Robleski Viva. All right, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks a lot, dv Thank you Robo. Dodgers Baseball brought you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor. No better time than writing out a pick up a pizza, taking home and joining Dodgers Baseball with us. It's the official pizza partner the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 1: When it's game night, it's group night, it's Shakys dot com or leading.
Speaker 6: You have to first fitch Dodgers and Padre's Dodgers going for the four game suite over saying diego of nextra down deeper than pitchy matchup, don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kase's world champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters on a dude game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Padres wrapping up this four game set. First pitch coming up.
Speaker 5: It's seven ten, and now before the Dodgers hit the dinet, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Presented by your son in California and Toyota dealers work hard and play hard at a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charged engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 1: Ryan Bergert on the mound one to know with a two.
Speaker 6: Thirty three ERA, twenty five year old rookie right hander, sixth round pick out of West Virginia in twenty twenty one. He fell in the draft because he didn't even pitch that year. In twenty twenty one at West Virginia. He was recovering from Tommy John surgery, so he fell in the draft. Fastball fifty percent of the time, followed by a slider and a sweeper. Making his fourth start, eight appearance, He's been inserted into the rotation after being out of the bullpen last three starts at least five innings in each. Last time out five innings, three runs, three hits, eight strikeouts in a no decision against the Diamondbacks. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers, six and five with a two to sixty four ERA, making this fourteen start, looking to bounce back after his last outing against the Giants on Friday, four and two, thirty five runs, six hits, five walks in a loss. This is his third regular season appearance against San Diego. Yoshinobu Yama Moto, Ryan Berger at the pitching matchup Dodgers Padres for fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 1: Key's in the game, our next, I'm Tim kase is.
Speaker 11: The world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. All you know where?
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 4: On deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Padres wrapping up this four game series. Dodgers going for the sweep. Everton won three straights. It took two to three in San Diego last week in this season series, first pitch coming up at seven to ten. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house, and they've done a great job of that here on this homestand the same applies to your home. Always have a plan and always follow fire safety tips. It's fireworks season, so make sure you're practicing fireworks safety. Use safe insane fireworks that display the California State Fire Marshall Seal. Always read the directions and the sure fireworks are only lit by adults. For more information these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CA dot GB. All right, Back out to the booth, Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys, All.
Speaker 7: Right TC hanging out with Rick Monday one more time as we prep for first pitch in the series finale, the Dodgers trying to knock the Padres back down to San Diego on a four game sweep. Yoshinobu Yamamoto will take the ball for LA in this one mo and the Dodgers have lost all three of his turns here in the month of June is era north of five and a half. So what do you make of this little June swoon for Yamamoto?
Speaker 2: Actually, going back and looking at some numbers, has actually been more than June. Back to April, the four starts batting average against was one p eighty one. If we look at the five starts in the month of May while he was three and one, the batting average actually went down only one forty six, but two ninety three so far in June in the three starts that he's had, even though overall just a one ninety five batting average against him I think consistency more than anything else, and that split finger fastball was not really dialed in particularly well his last outing.
Speaker 7: So what are some other things that you're keeping an eye out for tonight as the Dodgers try and finish off the.
Speaker 2: Sueek Well, I think how they're going to work to Ryan Berger at the right hander a six round pick by the pandres if you look back to twenty twenty one, but his reverse splits are really kind of eye opening because right handers have done pretty good job against him, but lefties only three hits in thirty two at bats against the right handed pitcher with no extra base hits. Now the question is going to be how does he work the lineup here and there? And for Burger, this is his four start, four relief appearances. But he's a guy that's had to be pushed into the starting rotation because of injuries in the starting staff for the Preas.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers are going to elevate last night's walk off hero, Will Smith to the three spot, just the latest clutch number sixteen to wear a Dodger uniform, following Andre Ether and oh gosh, what's his name?
Speaker 2: It's not Tuesday it's Monday. Don't leave out Paula Duca.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't dare leave out Paula Luduca.
Speaker 7: But the reason why not just because Smith is leading the National League in batting average TIM. It's because you look at left handed batters this year against Berger, they're just three for thirty two, no extra base hits. So after the LEFTI O tiny, it'll be a right righty in Betts, alrighty in Smith, and then Freddy Freeman will clean.
Speaker 8: Up Game four.
Speaker 4: Four.
Speaker 7: Can't wait for the start, it's coming up shortly.
Speaker 1: All right, first pitch his next Enjoy it.
Speaker 6: This is Membrogo Casino Dodgers on deck
Speaker 11: On the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio now