Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome media.
Speaker 2: It's time now for our community connection right here on Kay one, the one you trust is eight thirty five, and by.
Speaker 1: Golly, we've got some fair weather. What do you like what I did there?
Speaker 2: And we're talking to the folks from the Washington County Free Fair today. We have Lucas Foster and we have Rebecca Moses and Hi you kids, how.
Speaker 1: Are we doing good?
Speaker 3: How are you Tom?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I tell you what I'm looking forward to this because every time we start talking about the Free Fair, every year's got it a little bit of a different theme. A lot of things stayed the same, but there's just a couple of extras that change in and out, and it's always exciting to hear what's coming up. So, Rebecca, we have a new theme this year.
Speaker 3: We do. We're having a blast at the Washington County Free Fair this year. So we're going to be rockets and outer space and all kinds of things that you will experience at the fair this year.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness sakes. Now, Lucas, you've got the children's barnyard. He's the chief of the bar yard. So what's going on in Chief about the same.
Speaker 4: I'm getting all our animals ready. We're moving the kiddy Corral north of the barn this year to make it a little cooler for the kids. Learned that we're going to try to have some new stuff to just have to come and see what it is.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, So we got some of the old favorites and a couple of new things that are.
Speaker 1: Kind of kind of cooking right now, right, yep, all right now.
Speaker 2: One thing I'm hearing this year is that we've tried to what hot dog eating contest? I think we tried donuts once, yes, And what do we have this year?
Speaker 3: So to follow with our theme, We're going to have a moon pie eating contest this year.
Speaker 2: You did having a blast rockets, we go to the moon moon eating pie. All right, I tied it. There you go, You're clever.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Thanks, we try.
Speaker 1: So what are we doing this?
Speaker 3: We're going to do this Friday, Friday evening. It's going to be a fun, feel packed evening. So Friday, I'm going to get my schedule open so I don't mistell you anything. So the moonpie Eating Contest is going to be Friday at five, same place, same time as always, five o'clock under the pavilion.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: So along with that that, we're gonna have the Classic Car Crews right outside the fence at the same time there on Friday evening. And actually we're gonna have our friends from next door, the Farm Bureau. They're going to be there and they're gonna be handing out free root beer floats to the first five hundred people that come by. So they're prepared to serve five hundred root beer floats.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna have some folks doing the moonpie eating contest and we're can watch and sharing them on We're having root beer floats.
Speaker 3: Absolutely sounds Lucas.
Speaker 1: We're there. We are so there. This is gonna be this is gonna be great. This is all on the Friday Night of the Free Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, one of the big things Friday Night we can't forget is the pedal pool. That's been a hit for the last few years and it's coming back and so our numbers grow every year. I think we had forty five participants last year, you know, riding those tractors and participating in the pedal pools. So it's a great time.
Speaker 2: Now, Lucas, I get a kick out of it. I mean you've seen some of these little guys. I mean you can't tell them no. They'll just keep going and going and going until their little legs can't.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, man, this is something else. And they're so cute doing it too. H what a lot of determination right now. Saturday, we're doing something completely different.
Speaker 3: Yes, Saturday, Saturday evening is going to be exciting. We're super excited to bring Boston James to you guys. He is a young man from Ulagau that graduated last year and he can flat out sing and we're gonna have a concert at the from six to nine Saturday night, and I'm so excited to have him. We're going our f FA local FFA chapters are gonna help welcome him and sponsor. They are going to be our sponsors for that event. Since he was an f FA alumni for Uligau. The Washington County f FAY chapters are going to welcome him and welcome our our crowd.
Speaker 1: Lucas, what are the dates of the free Fair.
Speaker 4: It's Thursday, September fourth through Saturday September sixth, so.
Speaker 2: We're getting a good jump on it here. We're going to get the roasting heat of August out of the way, and we're going to have some nice September weather. September fourth kicks it all off, and my goodness sakes, this just sounds like you're having a blast.
Speaker 1: Well, I hate to hate to coin that phrase, you having a blast? Now.
Speaker 2: A few other things going on out there at the Free Fair. You mentioned the cars. They just they the car people love this, don't they.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're actually getting some prizes for him this year. You know, we've we've enjoyed them coming out and this year we're gonna have you know, people's choice and we have it come up with all the categories, so if you have a clever category or a fun when we're all ears, but we've got some stuff for those people that bring their cars out and let everybody enjoy them.
Speaker 2: I want to get into the livestock a little bit. Lucas Free Fair is a lot of it is about the agricultural component of what goes on.
Speaker 1: In Washington County.
Speaker 2: We've been seeing an increase in participation, haven't we when it comes to the live.
Speaker 4: Song, Yes, we have just in the times and just getting out there more, getting more people involved. That's definitely got it more people and getting interested again.
Speaker 2: It's got that, it's got that feel because you know, it used to be I'd see a handful of kids, you know, five or six years ago, but now I mean it's popping. We got we got a lot of categories and just a pretty much an open, open deal, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one big change the horse show. We moved back Saturday one, two pm check in at one, so it won't be later in the evening. It'll still be more involved during the faired instead of more after.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. We got a lot of horses around here, that's for sure, very very good.
Speaker 2: So we've got everything from Moonpie eaton to root beer floats on the free but that's on the Friday night of the Free Fair next month, and then Boston James in concert six to nine on the Saturday, plus all kinds of judging going on too. You go into the main area there of the Washington County Fairgrounds, the indoor part, yes, and that gets more and more exhibits every year we have.
Speaker 3: We it's a good problem to have to try to logistically fit everything in there, but it works. We make it work. But we are so excited because we our numbers have been up in the last few years, so entury on that topic, Entry day is going to be September second, so bring your indoor entries in that day from noon to seven is when they'll be accepted, and then the next day it'll be judged, and then livestock entries come in on also on the third that evenings and then everything will be in place ready for viewing Thursday morning when the fair kicks off on the fourth.
Speaker 2: My goodness sake, besides the freebies, you know the free root beer floats, is it gonna be anything else for the folks can eat out there?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we yeah, we have. We've got our Cowboy kettle Corn fella is coming back again this year. He's got another different menu he's gonna be having available. But then we've also got our tried and true meal lineup that's always happening in the north room. That for we're gonna have the fair Board's gonna have the meal Thursday of the fair. We're gonna have roast sandwiches and the fixings, and then that evening the same evening as the cattle Women's Pie and Basket auction. The four h parent volunteer is having that meal. So then Friday, the Bartlesville f A they're new to the lineup, They're gonna have lunch on Friday, and then Dewey f f A is gonna have the evening meal Friday. Indian women are still Saturday at the noon meal, and then the Copanaggies have Saturday evening. So during the Boston James concert, you can also go in and get your gety. It's a one stop shop really just it. Just come and be entertained and have a meal and free dessert because the we are gonna have free floats on Friday, but what we're also gonna have a free ice cream Sundays like a Sunday bar Saturday evening, so a meal, more ice cream, a concert, horse you know, the horse show. I don't know, this is gonna be a great It's going to be a great time.
Speaker 1: Oh I know that kitchen get a workout every prefair. Okay, done.
Speaker 2: It's like they tag and the next the group comes in, you know, and starts all over again. But my goodness sake, this is going to be more fun then I can remember out there at the Free Fair.
Speaker 1: That's a Dewey and.
Speaker 2: Of course it's coming up on September fourth, and it runs through the weekend there, Yes, and it's going to be just packed full of fun activities, exhibits and that don't forget the livestock show and judging that goes on there too. So we've got just about something for everyone, we do. And I'm glad that we really take the little people into consideration with the with the barnyard and then also with a pedal pull, because with that it becomes part of their deal and as they grow up and become adults and have families, you know, it keeps that legacy, keeps that thing going on for generations.
Speaker 3: Right, speaking of legacy, Gary Deckard is going to be back again with this with the rope making and the corn shugging and all the cow milking. It's not the Free Fair without Gary and and his his contribution. I think if you haven't experienced that, it's a must all right.
Speaker 1: Once again again, Now, where can we get the book? So the Fair books?
Speaker 3: Okay, the Extension Office has hard copy Fair Books. You can find it also on County Courthouse dot org. For the south end of the county. There are some books out at Simple Simon's, the doughnuts shop and the bank there in Ramona. I believe does Jensen have.
Speaker 4: Some Tenson tractor and tractor supply both house good?
Speaker 3: Okay, So, and we we do want to give a shout out to our sponsors this year. I'm Jensen Tractor is on the back on the back page of our fair books. So and then Bill Camper and we want to Duncan over at Farm Bureau and are We've got a huge list of sponsors and so that we will as they keep coming in, publish them on our on our big banner.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good. And I look you're coming back on.
Speaker 3: The fourteenth, right, Yes, August fourteenth.
Speaker 2: We'll be back again, Okay, because I know that we just scratched the surface of this.
Speaker 1: Yes we did, Yes, we did.
Speaker 2: Hey, Lucas and also Rebecca, I want to thank you both for coming in.
Speaker 3: Today, thank you for having us all Right, Washington.
Speaker 2: County Free Fair coming up next month. It'll be on September fourth. Through the entire weekend, you've been watching and listening to our community.
Speaker 1: Can