Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Diet pepsi is better than I know.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard anybody asked for a pepsi and send the waitress person, usually female or male, say is diet coke?
Speaker 3: Okay? I have never heard that.
Speaker 5: Have you ever heard anybody say, wow, that was a good show, Bill.
Speaker 1: Amy, you're up and now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle, and.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. Bill Handle Here. November the once as we start the holiday seasons.
Speaker 4: Well, actually the holiday season started yesterday with Halloween, and then now we're.
Speaker 3: Looking at Thanksgiving and we're looking at Christmas.
Speaker 2: Holidays and guys, it's insane. Yeah, it just sliding to the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just it seemed yesterday was October thirty first.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just crazy how fast it goes.
Speaker 5: It seems like just yesterday we were all so excited. The little Kona was walking first time.
Speaker 3: That's true, that's true. Amy. Can you move the camera a little bit or you move over? Yeah? Much better. Oh and Amy is wearing oh wow, a Dodger's jersey.
Speaker 6: I get to wear one more time this year, and that's today for the celebration, okay, and then it goes to the back of the closet till next season.
Speaker 3: And wearing her padres jersey. Oh no, you're not. Pictures and Catchers Report in one hundred and two days.
Speaker 2: Is that some sort of euphemism?
Speaker 4: I think it is, And we wanted to go there anyway. Good morning to you, Hello, Hello, good morning.
Speaker 3: And good morning. Cono, good morning.
Speaker 4: We're in your usual outfit, yes, yes, good morning, yes, and.
Speaker 5: Neil good morning, good morning, good Morning's got his beginner's thug outfit on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does, he does.
Speaker 4: And then Neil and I were talking about the event coming up on November one at the Wild Fork Store in Guna Miguel, and he's going to be.
Speaker 3: Hosting, of course, he'll be broadcasting.
Speaker 4: The Fork Report from there to night to night November ninth, and I'm oh, that's coming up now a week from week tomorrow. Yeah, and I'm going to be there co hosting, but actually being sort of a guest with him all day. And we're gonna talk about Zelman's being out there and doing all kinds of fun stuff with us, and.
Speaker 2: We're going to try and get them out there and have a great time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm a huge fan of wild Fork. I mean I've got freeze. My frozen food is wild Fork.
Speaker 3: Actual.
Speaker 4: I have to move my will Fork meets aside where when I go for my frettatas and burritos.
Speaker 3: But still such a shame, such a shame. Yep.
Speaker 4: All right, Oh wow, A lot going on today, and it's going to be a little bit of election news coming up between now and of course Tuesday, where we're not going to hear very much on Tuesday other than the local races. As Neil pointed out earlier yesterday. As a matter of fact, the propositions will get some information on that, and of course we should do the commercials on the propositions.
Speaker 3: And because I was watching.
Speaker 4: A commercial last night and it's and this won't pay you a prop thirty five, I think, whatever it is and you want you it won't cost you one more dime in taxes kind of thing.
Speaker 3: So vote.
Speaker 4: Well, what it does is extend the tax indefinitely that was put up for a temporary tax to pay.
Speaker 3: For whatever somebody you know in terms of school.
Speaker 4: And so when the vote, when they tell you this won't charge you just a die more nothing. It misses the point completely, of course it does. What it says is there's no such thing as a temporary tax. You put it on the ballot, you pass it.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 3: It's there forever.
Speaker 2: Have we ever honored a couple of times?
Speaker 3: Very rarely we have honored it. Rarely have we honored and allowed a law to sunset? Very rarely. All right, guys, let's do it. It is time on this Friday morning, November one, my daughter getting married tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You should be happy, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I'm not as happy as I should be. Maybe because I'm paying for it all So what you think that has a little to do with it anyway?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, probably has a lot to do with it. All right, guys, let's do it. It's time for Handle on the news with Amy and Neil and me lead stories. Well. As Amy has said, today's the last day she gets to wear her Dodgers T shirt or her Dodgers jersey at least as it makes sense, and that is because the World Series parade goes on today.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers will be.
Speaker 4: Going down the streets of La Downtown and Double Decker buses, And here's the route if you're interested in going. It starts a city hall. It turns right at the burning trash cans. You then turn left at the bus that's been burnt out, and then on the street to all the looted stores. That's welcome to Los Angeles, or welcome to any city.
Speaker 3: They don't do this when someone wins the World Series lacrosse? Have you noticed that?
Speaker 7: Is there a World Series of lacrosse?
Speaker 3: I think it's all old white people that go there. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: You know, well, I don't think there's a professional lacrosse, but I do think there.
Speaker 3: Are certainly college lacrosse all white, you know, all rich white schools. Is lacrosse? Okay?
Speaker 6: Just saying Donald Trump protector of women. Donald Trump, on during a rally in Wisconsin, said he would protect women whether they like it or not, and of course, the Harris campaign jumped on that said, it's an issue of reproductive rights and gender roles, and Kamala Harris's Trump's comments on women are offensive to everybody I know.
Speaker 4: Was he talking in reference to reproductive rights or was it apples and oranges here?
Speaker 7: I think it's apples and oranges. On this one.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch the whole thing. Yeah, I don't think he was talking about reproductive rights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is something that he is. And they didn't know, The Conservatives didn't know there was this much vulnerability, there was this much pushback on the overturning of Roe v.
Speaker 2: Wade.
Speaker 3: They thought it was just a win.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a huge win. Donald Trump had put those three.
Speaker 4: Supreme Court justices on and said specifically to overturn Row and he did it, and he was proud of it. And of course the evangelicals love him, as they should because he did exactly what they wanted and it's part of his base. The problem is both he and the supporters weren't ready for the pushback, and so now he is, well, they are spinning because there are so many women and it's such a big, big issue.
Speaker 3: And frankly, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think the Republicans thought it was going to be this big an issue reproductive rights. So they because they thought that it would be a big issue, but not this because the economy and which has mainly disappeared other than just the false narrative that's going on, because the economy is doing fine. The immigration issue you know what, it's gotten under control far more than it did before. But you can't give the Democrats. I don't think you can give the Democrats credit for that because this was in response to the to.
Speaker 3: The enormous.
Speaker 4: Influence and the pressure that the Republicans put on. And then there are some issues there because Trump killed that bipartisan bill.
Speaker 3: So you get a little bit deeper.
Speaker 4: But it's it's immigration in the economy and inflation. Even though inflation is completely under control. Now that's not part of the Republican narrative at because it's baked in.
Speaker 3: You know, our prices are much much higher than they were.
Speaker 4: And Donald Trump and as conservatives are saying, let's look back then, don't look at it now.
Speaker 3: You know inflation is under control. Now ignore that. Just look how much.
Speaker 4: Paying for goods and services compared to when Trump was president. So Trump saying he vows to be the protector of women, I have no idea what he meant by that, Much like when he said and I couldn't believe it about this whole reproductive thing. Women won't think about abortion when I'm president. I'll make them happy. It won't be an issue for them. They're going to be happy campers. Really, they won't think about abortions. It's just insane. So anyways, he vows to be a protector of women, and I have no idea what he meant by that.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, as Bill said, everything's great with money. However, mortgage rates rose for a fifth strate week as pre election volatility continued to mess up the bond market. The average thirty year fixed rate mortgage now is six point seven two percent, and this is Freddy Mack data. This is up from six point five four percent. And the fifteen year mortgage rates also increased from five point ninety nine to five, from five point seven to one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's that's a problem.
Speaker 4: And this is really the only negative, the only negative thing we're really looking at the economy.
Speaker 3: Inflation totally under control now.
Speaker 4: The growth GDP, the growth of the economy doing just great, employment great, profits for corporations great. So it rates on a wages rising faster than inflation.
Speaker 2: You can't even get it out of your throat, No, I can't. That's how much crap it is.
Speaker 6: That's true, all right, Okay, Just like in the Wizard of Oz, McDonald's is saying nothing to see here. Nothing to see here. But while McDonald says that the E. Coli outbreak is contaminated, i'm not contaminated. Is contained. Sorry. The number of people infected is up to twenty seven hospitalized to have developed dangerous kidney complications that could cause kidney failure. One person in Colorado has died. Thirty three people are taking legal actions so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean, what's McDonald's going to say? No, you know that's going to settle. Those lawyers are scored, that's for sure. Obviously, the sicker someone is, the better off you are legally. You know, I get calls all the time on that or and I handle on the law and g bill. You know, I was injured far better. If you lost your leg, far far better, so far better. If you're the sicker you are, the better your case.
Speaker 5: They did take a pretty massive hit McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Just in terms of their stock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, not only the stock, but people stopped going in those states.
Speaker 3: Now that's going. You don't think that's going to be long lasting, do you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, we forget very quickly, and they seem to have identified the issue and they stop.
Speaker 4: Now you won't see any more because they pulled all those onions off. Yeah, and they're still now they're selling quarter pounders again from what I understand, but just no slivered onions.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah in those locations. Uh I'm not sure here in California if they brought them back yet or not.
Speaker 3: What's a slivered onion, by the way, it's little tiny strips of onion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 5: It's bigger than the dice onions you get on the small burger.
Speaker 3: There's the Fork Report for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm here to help.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So CNN says election officials are outmatched by what they call Elon Musk's mis misinformation machine. And uh, you know what's funny is they called it X formerly known as Twitter forever.
Speaker 2: Now it's just X.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it will be It's going to be there.
Speaker 5: And I'm kidding said that, you know at Musk, who's a huge supporter of Trump obviously. Now, uh, you know, how how can you trust a platform that has somebody so.
Speaker 2: A partisan?
Speaker 3: You want to know, how scary it is?
Speaker 4: More people trust that platform, I believe, than trust mainstream media.
Speaker 5: Well that's I don't know if that that's the scary part. So that's across the board.
Speaker 4: I think it certainly is to a huge extent. I mean, it is just crazy. Jeff Bezos uh said a few things. I'm going to talk about that at seven thirty because tu uh Chuck Todd, who is Meet the Press and what former White House correspondent, wrote an op ed piece in The Atlantic. Uh, and he talks about this and Jeff Bezos in the Washington Post and mainstream media. I have to tell you, I'm about I'm about to throw in the towel. I mean, it's it's just the exhaustion and the defense is so difficult for me that I'm about to just say, all right, you know, give it up.
Speaker 5: You know what is this CNN article doesn't say who's fact checking CNN? So the circle continues.
Speaker 4: To go they fact themselves because major news outlets do not publish facts usually unless that they're corroborated by one or another source.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be three sources.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, Amy, let me ask you news, what point does it become believable news when you're quoting Reuters or UPI or NBC. How much corroboration does it take to say this is a fact or report it as a fact.
Speaker 6: Well, when we're doing something like a breaking news story, we wait for three sources, okay, to go from it. But for general stuff, I mean, like we do fact check. We have to, and you look at what you find out, and then you.
Speaker 7: Call the sources and you follow up.
Speaker 6: That's what our editors are great about doing, because there is so much incorrect information out there, or you know, missing facts.
Speaker 3: Or miss Is it fair to say that when I see mainstream news outlets, broadcasts, network broadcasts, local broadcasts like ours, where we take our.
Speaker 4: News very seriously, is it fair to say that those are fact checked? And they are, I.
Speaker 3: Would say, more believable what a fact is issued. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 7: I think so, yes, and I will.
Speaker 6: But I will also say that I have noticed that even the sources that we get our news information from have skewed.
Speaker 7: They're skewed left. They used to be kind of down the middle, but now.
Speaker 3: Well, I've always thought mainstream was more liberal than conservative.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's become more so.
Speaker 3: It's well the editorializing. Like listen, I don't care about the editorializing. I don't care about that. I'm talking about resort to this article. This is I rewrote it. But the CNN article.
Speaker 5: The headline was election of thes are outmatched by Elon Musk's misinformation machine. That's a crap headline. That's an absolutely editorial.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think it is.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think it is. I think and it's not so much just on X it's the overwhelming conspiracy.
Speaker 5: Or those statements have a lot of questions to them. To what degree are they saying just Elon Musk's posts?
Speaker 2: Are they saying all?
Speaker 4: I think they're using Elon Musk as an example because you also have other conservative posts.
Speaker 5: And I tell you you can look at horrible with someone who used to be in management and is how to call. The news director on occasion said, hey, one of one of our.
Speaker 2: Acres just said this.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, all right, let's let's let's agree to the statement. You don't know what the f you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh boy, come maybe that means.
Speaker 7: Vett yeah, has some splining to do.
Speaker 6: The Associated Press says that White House press officials have altered the official transcript of the call between President Biden and an Hispanic organization. Uh, and the stenographers are ticked. They're not happy. They said, this is a breach of trust. The White House sustained we didn't do anything wrong. But so what we're referencing is Biden's comment that said, the only garbage I see floating out there is his supporters referring to Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's exactly that's exactly what he said, right, But the spin here drives me nuts. Just suck it up, say, yep, I said it, I misspoke. I didn't mean it that way, and you're done instead.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, it's everybody has to deflect, and this is both sides doing this drives me completely nice.
Speaker 3: Official Biden said that what official documents?
Speaker 2: Yeah, welling back.
Speaker 4: I just this is why I'm so so so oh it's gonna get worse though, and then afterwards, well, matter of fact, here's one Neil, take this one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So the Georgia's Secretary of State just yesterday said that the state has been targeted by election disinformation, pointing to a viral video of alleged voter fraud that he suggests could be the result of foreign meddling.
Speaker 2: You know, we've seen that before.
Speaker 5: The original video, which emerged on social media's platform x, had over half a million views.
Speaker 2: It's much more than that.
Speaker 5: Now but purportedly showed this Haitian immigrant claiming he voted several times for Vice President Kamala Harris in the presidential election.
Speaker 2: I saw the video. I don't know that it would sway me one way or the other.
Speaker 3: But it sways a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Raffensberger, Republican head of elections in Georgia, said, this is fake.
Speaker 3: This is why I'm so depressed. I'm so depressed.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, former President Trump was in Arizona, No New Mexico, and he's doing a rally and he said, I won New Mexico because the election was rigged. He lost by one hundred thousand votes in the last election, but it was rigged.
Speaker 3: That's why he.
Speaker 4: Lost, because he won it by a landslide. The lawsuits have already hit, and I am so depressed over this. I'm getting more and more depressed because, you know, I just thought that the phrase attack on democracy was merely a phrase that the Democrats were using to attack Trump, you know, just a political attack. Unfortunately, I believe now that there is a large group of Americans that do not believe that there can be a.
Speaker 3: Free election in the United States anymore. If a Democrat wins. I wonder it's that simple, and that's a fact. There can not be a free election if a Democrat wins. Done finish, there's the statement, you know, does that depress you? I mean, I'm just stunned by this.
Speaker 5: I still think we the people have the power, and we keep giving it over to people. There are idiots that are going to try and grab a ball from the glove of a player, and there's people that are going to do stupid things. But what freaks me out more is that someone like me in the center, who is reasonable, gets shut down every time you say one thing about this person or one thing when you take in case by case, if people don't want to listen.
Speaker 3: It's way beyond that, Neil, way beyond that.
Speaker 4: It is now the guardrails of democracy actually held the last time around, even though there was a massive move to argue the election was fixed, and the judges held it up and it was you know, we barely got by. This time around, state legislators have changed the election officials, where election officials now will have the power to simply not certify. It'll have to go all go to court. Keep in mind, so one hundred and thirty lawsuits have already been fouled. Some of them legitimate, by the way, and I'm going to point that out. I don't want to do a broad brush. Some are very legitimate lawsuits. One of them, for example, is there's a lawsuit if a ballot is incorrect in terms of the requirements to check off certain.
Speaker 3: Boxes, the law says it's no good.
Speaker 4: Well, there are a group that are saying that that is minor that law, that ballot should still be counted. Then the lawsuit on the other side says the law is real clear. It says it is an invalid suit. So that stuff is legitimate as far as I'm concerned to argue it one way or the other. But the wholesale it has been rigged is completely crazy. But it's just I am so depressed over this, truly, some of.
Speaker 2: The closest races. Ever.
Speaker 5: Is another problem because people aren't voting based on issues. They're voting on what they haven't already. But here, I'm not even going to split country.
Speaker 3: And I'm talking about the raw count right, fifty six thousand to fifty five thousand. If it is a Republican that gets fifty five thousand, it is rigged.
Speaker 4: It is cheating. It is rigged by definition. We don't have to look at the numbers. We don't even have to count the numbers. We know this election was stolen. That's where it's come to. And I am so depressed about this.
Speaker 3: Where we've come to is this country? I mean, I really am. Maybe it'll get better, maybe, you know, after the election.
Speaker 4: Amy points out, it's going to all be over and I'll just get we just go back to bad mouthing people, stabbing people in the back, making fun of people, abusing people on this show.
Speaker 3: That's just show.
Speaker 4: I'll go back to that and I'll feel better about life, all right, Amy take it.
Speaker 3: From here, please.
Speaker 6: Another celebrity hoping that Vice President Harris scores.
Speaker 7: It's Lebron James.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Lebron James has endorsed Kamala Harris for the election. He did a post on X yesterday, and between his X and his Instagram accounts, he shared the video and the endorsement to more than two hundred million followers.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm wondering how much influence you think a Lebron James has in terms of getting out the vote or getting people to vote for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Who knows either, not just guessing.
Speaker 2: I mean, how much.
Speaker 4: Influence would you guess if you had to, because I have no idea.
Speaker 3: You think it's substantial, No, I don't, okay.
Speaker 6: Just and only because from the twenty sixteen election, Hillary had all the stars out and Kamala Harris has all the stars up, so we don't know the outcome yet, but it.
Speaker 3: Didn't pu yeah, the way I think.
Speaker 4: I think if you look at Hillary's loss, there are a couple of factors that aren't existing here. One of them eleven days before with Komy saying we have to look at her server again because there are some issues, and that just didn't happen. There were no issues, but it came out also in her Hubris she didn't go to Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: And thought she didn't need to and she lost Wisconsin.
Speaker 7: And Harris isn't making that mistake.
Speaker 3: No, neither one of them are making that mistake. They are both going out at twenty hours a day.
Speaker 4: I mean they're hitting three four states per day, battleground states per day.
Speaker 3: So that's but you're right, she didn't get all the endorsements.
Speaker 5: What I have a theory that if they're neck and neck, that it's going to go to Trump because I think people are more willing to lie about voting for Trump.
Speaker 2: Because of perception.
Speaker 4: Oh interesting, now the Democrats are saying exactly the opposite that. The matter of fact, they even bought commercials, are saying, you've heard those. Hey, you don't have to tell anybody. I just got one in the mail. You don't have to tell anybody how you voted.
Speaker 3: Just see ballot. Go ahead and say that you're voting for Trump, but you don't have to. That's actually for women who are within a circle. So I don't know which way it's going to go. I don't know. And then people don't lie about it anyway.
Speaker 2: And here's the deal.
Speaker 5: If you, if you, if it takes someone famous to tell you how to vote, at least have them show their math. They say this is why I'm voting for this person. Then to me, that's more value, all right, New York or LA Times. It was a tradition. You know, when your team wins the World Series, you go out and get a souvenir the next day by getting the newspaper with the headline on it. However, you can't do that with the LA Times because they're news is old yeah, which had pressed Wednesday night before Game five dramatic conclusion.
Speaker 2: So there's no.
Speaker 7: What happened to stop the presses?
Speaker 2: It doesn't exist anymore too now.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, newspapers are becoming irrelevant anyway. I mean, if you've seen remember what the Sunday Times used to be that like I get, I still get the Times delivered at least on weekends. It used to be three inches thick. Now it's a pamphlet.
Speaker 7: That's so sad.
Speaker 3: It is sad, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's unfortunately great food section, though.
Speaker 6: Something is horribly wrong here of the football program at Santa Margarita Catholic High School is being investigated because at least nine players are saying that they were sexually assaulted by teammates.
Speaker 7: One student is suing.
Speaker 6: They're saying that fifteen to eighteen other players were in this sexual assault on him last month. The president of the high school has told families of those involved that they did an investigation with the OC Sheriff's Department and found no evidence of sexual assault.
Speaker 7: But that's not what the kids are saying.
Speaker 3: What a surprise Catholic High school?
Speaker 2: Right, Well, the kids though, but teammates.
Speaker 4: No, I understand, but in general, I'm just doing a rip. I just want to get people that are Catholic pissed off at me.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: You know, I told you we're going to go We're going to go back to pissing people off, humiliating them, abusing them, screaming at them, making all kinds of false accusations.
Speaker 3: We're going to go back to our regular show after this election.
Speaker 2: You should run for president statement hardly.
Speaker 4: I'm not born in the United States and I was a drug addict ticket.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I don't even think that's either of those things are problems anymore.
Speaker 3: You're right, actually, all right, one more and then we're bailing out.
Speaker 2: Open.
Speaker 7: Let's skip to the Russia finding Google.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because of the number.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, So Russia has fined Google an eye popping twenty undecillion undecillion rubles. That's two point five decillion.
Speaker 7: What's a decillion?
Speaker 2: These are fake numbers?
Speaker 6: Well, it's well, but they did the thing. It's is five trillion, trillion trillion, Oh dollars.
Speaker 4: I thought a decillion. Are those dances that you go to uh a kapillion?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, I got that wrong there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is basically them going, we're going to find who two inanity?
Speaker 3: How many zeros as that? Like, you know, fourteen fifteen, eighteen zillions? And what I really love about this is they have nine months to do this. Otherwise the fine doubles every day after that.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, that is gonna you know what, those fines are going to crush you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, based on profit, it's gonna take Google.
Speaker 3: These numbers are ridiculous. Thirty three point eight quintillion years to pay for it. There we go.
Speaker 4: That's the dances. The quintillion are those dances you go to in school. Okay, We're done, everybody finished, goodbye. Kf I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 4: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app