Speaker 1: Well, I know you're on to talk today and you may have to do a little explaining for the American audience, including the host of the fifty five KC Morning Show. Not everybody's really clue or clue into how politics works in Germany. You know, we've got two parties here sort of kind of we like to call it the Uni parties, since both the Republicans and Democrats do terrible things for our country. But at least you know which side of the ledger somebody's on. In Germany. There's the Christian Democrat Union, the alternative for Germany, the Social Democratic Party of Germany, the Greens, the Left, the Free Democratic Party, and each of them got a share of the vote, but apparently, to some surprise, the Christian Democratic Union came out on top. And I guess, can you explain to my listeners what ultimately that means, because I know that the head of the Christian Democratic Party, Friedrich Mergz, didn't have some real good things to say about the United States and is wanting to sort of separate the relationship or you know, divorce us or the Germany from the United States. I guess, at least along the lines of maybe economic lines or political lines. But that's why we have you, Oliver, so can you give us a little rundown.
Speaker 2: With pleasure?
Speaker 3: So indeed, as you say, in places like the United Kingdom and to the United States, we have a two party system, and that has real problems, doesn't it, because if they get too friendly, if a consensus really emerges.
Speaker 2: Not what are you left with?
Speaker 3: You're left with essentially unit parties. So there are advantages and disi answers to our system. As you say, on one hand, you know where people stand. It's a solid system, but you can be left with, as you say.
Speaker 2: The blob. Basically.
Speaker 3: The other option is what that you have lots and lots of parties, and that's the case in many European countries. So there are advantages to that, which is that voters are better served in terms of actually voting for what they want. It's not well, you know, and imagine how it was in the United States, say fifteen years ago. You might not really think very much of the Republican Party, look at them and think, well, these guys are Republicans in name only, but I've got to vote for them because we got to keep the Democrats out.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not necessarily like that. In Europe there's.
Speaker 3: Probably a small, niche party that really caters to your interests very well. This is the case in Germany. The problem is because there's a dozen parties or more in some countries, incredibly maybe fifteen parties in an election, all vying for votes. They come out in dribs and drabs, so that their guest party might get twenty five percent and some of the other parties might be there with members of parliament at four percent or eight percent. So how do you build a government out of that? And that's exactly what we're looking at in Germany now, where the Christian Democrats, who are the sort of you know, the soft right, they call themselves conservatives. You know, I don't think a political philosopher would use that word to describe them. Let's be as kind as we possibly can, a right, these guys, they're globalists, seno cons whatever. And they've come out with twenty eight point five so let's just round it up, let's say roughly thirty percent.
Speaker 2: So they're the biggest party.
Speaker 3: The building a government now is in their hands, but they've got to bring another party or maybe another two parties on board to get those numbers ups then get to fifty percent, so they can command parliament, build a government, pass laws. And they've really painted themselves into a corner because actually there are two parties in the bordersta Germany's parliament which could potentially do this job. On one hand, you have the AfD Alternative for Deutschland or Alternative for Germany for US English speakers. These guys are sovereigntist populists. They're right wingers. They believe in border control, they believe in sound money. On the other hand, you have the Social Democrats the SPD, that's like Germany's equivalent. I suppose the Democrats. They're left wingers, and what the Christian Democrats have done the soft right.
Speaker 2: They have looked to this situation. Their leader has said.
Speaker 3: We cannot possibly partner with a party that's to the right of us, because if you're to the right of us, if you're more right than we are, you are a Nazi, sir, you're a bad guy. So we're going to refuse to negotiate with them, and therefore we're left with only one party, only one choice. We're going to try and do a government with the left. This is what they call in Germany. A grand coalition and can you imagine that a Democrat Republican government in the US working together? That actually mean It means the voters get betrayed because there's been a clear vote in this election. The top two parties in Germany are both right wingers. The people want sound money, they want border control, but that's not what they're going to get, because how are you going to build a coalition like this? Let me tell you the CDU Friedrich Mergy said his name earlier. He's come into the negotiation. He says, I'm going to take away my own options because if you have two potential partners, you can play them off against each other, can't you. You can say when you're at the negotiated table, you can say, look, this is what I want and if you don't like it, I'm going to walk away. I'm going to go talk to the other guy. He's already ruled that out for even sat down. Let's be honest. This guy is not a Donald Trump level deal maker, is he? This is a bad move or you even get to the negotiating table. What else has he done? Before he even got to the negotiating table? He said, Germany is in a bad way. We have crises facing us. We have to get a deal done quickly because we need to be able to face these headwinds. We need a strong government. We can't just spend six months talking, which has happened in Germany before they've gone by the government for six months. So that again is handing over leverage, negotiation, leverage power to this small party, this left wing party, who could be the coalition partner, because when he comes to the table, they know he hasn't got choices and they know he's in a hurry.
Speaker 2: So any concessions.
Speaker 3: He's going to be making them, it's the right wing, which is actually the main power in Germany. Now it's the right wing who are going to be giving up in order to get concessions from the left just to form a government. So this guy, wow, what a piece of work. Germany is in serious trouble because he's the chancellor. Elects her to speak and we're going to see how that unfolds in the coming weeks. But I've got to tell you now, I think this is going to be a pretty left wing up well.
Speaker 1: The way you characterize it, and I got to applaud you for explaining a rather complex situation in such a short period of time, Oliver, wonderful job on that. I have been enlightened because I immediately figured that the Christian Democratic Union would pair up with the alternatives for Germany, because, like America, we woke up to the reality that we were being overrun by illegal immigrants and it was causing such peril to our social welfare safety net and the city schools and the cities. And then I think that's one of the main reasons Donald Trump got elected. We shut our border down. It's down to a trickle now, and they're starting to deport those that are here illegally. I thought that was kind of a pop I mean, obviously it's popular enough that the alternatives for Germany came out front, but I guess they have been labeled by the media as Nazis. Are they really are Nazis? Oliver? I mean they're not, are they.
Speaker 3: Well, what you have said is absolutely rational to a dispassionate outside that if you had never heard the thing about German politics, and you were looking in from the outside and you say, well, look the two biggest parties after his election in Germany, the biggest party is the center right. The second biggest party is the sovereigntist right. Between them, they have enough votes to make a government. Okay, they won't agree on everything, but they agree on most things. That seems rational, doesn't it. The very problem is in Germany you have this these years and years of rhetoric because the existence of the alternative for Germany is an existential crisis for Germany's traditional ruling class.
Speaker 2: The political elite.
Speaker 3: These guys are coming along with new ideas, with new ways of doing things. They want to change the constitution, they want to change what it means to be, you know, the modern German state, which is fundamentally a liberal, all open borders, most multi racial country. Now that's not what Germany actually is in reality, but legally that's what they've been pushing for for decades. So for AFT to come along and say they want to do something else, but as I say, it's an existential threat. So these guys have been slammed a mercilessly for years, as you know, as the big naughty word nazis. Now that has very specific meaning, and.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a historical term.
Speaker 3: And as I've said before, I think really the only thing you can possibly get the a f D on for being like like Nazis is that they're Germans, but.
Speaker 2: Nothing else really applies.
Speaker 3: But hey, guess what the SBD there Germans do. But the fact is, you know that we don't have the anti semitism, we don't have like the extreme like wild racism. They these these This party was created because of sound money, because they want the economy of Rum properly. It was years until the party, years after the party was founded. Even I've been thinking about mass migration, but it makes sense. How can you have a strong economy, How can you have sound money if you have a state with welfare entitlements and open borders exact because the number if a number of theoretical claimants is unlimited, then the cost of your welfare state is unlimited. So you know, these things go together hand in hand. Now, because of the emotional investment they have in the AfD being evil, it's going to take a leader with enormous character to be able to say, okay, actually maybe we're wrong. You know a fifth of all Germans actually back these guys. This is a democracy. Ergo, this must mean something. And I don't think Friedrich merges that guy. So he's going to look at it and say, well, look, if I partner with the a f D, the Alternative of deutsch.
Speaker 2: Land, this is going to impact me personally on a social level.
Speaker 3: I'm no longer going to get in there's nice dinner parties, there's no nice cocktail receptions.
Speaker 2: When I retire from.
Speaker 3: Politics, I'm not going to get on that affluent speaking circuit. I'm not going to make those millions because I'm not going to be in the cozy club any I'm going to be ostracized socially. So I think, honestly that's a big part of it, because it's social death in Germany to be something as Gausch and as unfashionable.
Speaker 2: As a supporter for the alternative Germany.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just so amazing in a completely alternative political setup that you just describe how many parallels you can draw between what's going on in Germany and what's here in the United States and the ultimately it comes down to narcissistic politicians who think more about themselves and their own best interests than the best interests of the people of the country.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: And this is the thing I always say about when I'm pitching the idea of caring about European politics to my American friends and colleagues, is that our civilizations, our cultures, are so closely into fined. Just having a little bit of distance, it gives you that crystal ball. You can gaze into it and you can see in some cases what's actually happened in your own country with more clarity because you have that distance and you can see things for how they truly are. And in other cases sometimes Europe is simply a head of America in bad stuff. So if you want to know what the radical left has planned for America in five, ten, fifteen years, help look at Germany, look at Spain, and you'll see it at HD Wow.
Speaker 1: And then you didn't have time. We haven't talked about energy policy. Germany shut down, it's nuclear plants, it doesn't have its own and factories aren't running. Right here, everything just real, real quickly. This coalition, this now left leaning or center left coalition that's being formed, where are they on energy policy? Are they going to continue chasing this green carbon free tail or are they going to wise up and realize that no, the world's not going to die because we decide we need nuclear power or we need some some of our own resources, like gas powered plants and things of that nature.
Speaker 3: Oliver, Yeah, Germany's a real mess when it comes to power. You remember as well as I do. Donald Trump, standing before the United Nations in twenty seventeen, was at twenty eighteen telling Germany that their reliance on Russian gas is going to cost them dearly, and the Germans laughed in his face. And he was right then, he was so right. And at a time where the global supply of gas is being constricted because of the Ukraine War, because of Russia's stupid decision to go to war with Europe via Ukraine, the Germans thought, this is the perfect time. There's never been a better opportunity when there's an energy shortage for us to shut down a fleet picular power stations. And I guess the reason that because this old coalition that's now just about to leave government it was between two left wing parties and the centrist party.
Speaker 2: And one of those left wing parties.
Speaker 3: Is the Green And I know, being green, it sounds so nice and fluffy, and how could anybody hate the environ The thing we've got to remember, when we hear green, we think left.
Speaker 2: These guides are the.
Speaker 3: Most radical revolutionary socialists on the planet, and they took the opportunity because they may never get into government again. I think the German people the way they voted, they punished this outgoing coalition, punished it, and the Greens were part of that.
Speaker 2: But they took the opportunity. You've got to give them credit for that.
Speaker 3: They know an opportunity when they see one, and they've wrecked the power situation in Germany. And as you say, Germany's industrial base is being decimated because the cost of industrial power is so high. Factories in Germany are spending millions, it's not billions of dollars extra on energy every year compared to say, their competitors in the United States, where you have bountiful clean fracking gas.
Speaker 2: So this is a real problem. How is it going to get fixed? We just don't know.
Speaker 3: We've got to see how it comes out in the negotiations in the coalition a group.
Speaker 2: But as I've said, I'm not what's a.
Speaker 1: Mistake lendivierchie Oliverlane, what an excellent, excellent explanation and breakdown for my listening audience. I truly appreciate you doing that today, spending time with my listeners, and keep up the great work at Breitbart. I'll look forward to having.
Speaker 2: You back on. Always a pleasure, until next time.
Speaker 1: Until next time, Eight to God, It's tererebral. Eight twenty three, fifty five KRC detalk station.
Speaker 2: Don't go away. This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: What wrong with German people,