Speaker 1: Think about it.
Speaker 2: People pray for answers, they don't get them. And since his Father's Day, let me ask you a question. How many calls does a father miss before we stop calling him attentive? How many text messages go unanswered before we call it ghosting? And how many times can a child cry out for guidance, comfort, reassurance or even just a response before people start questioning the relationship. Because when it comes to God, the Father, people have been calling for thousands of years. They've been praying, begging, crying, waiting and listening, and for a lot of people it just feels like it's going to voicemail. Meanwhile, AI picks up on the first ring. Again, that doesn't mean that AI is right. Oftentimes it is very wrong, but it does mean that it responds and people ask difficult questions, they get told to have faith, they ask for clarity, they get mystery, and meanwhile they open AI and they get an immediate response, right or wrong. They're getting engagement. Have people stopped listening to God or have they spent years listening and never heard anything back? And today, on Father's Day, maybe the question isn't whether people are abandoning God. Maybe the question is where the people got tired of waiting by the phone. Is Ai becoming the new God or is Ai simply answering calls that God never returned. If you are a believer, I want to hear from you. If you think prayer answers questions better than Ai, call in. If you think Ai is leading people away from God, call in. And if you've been wrestling with doubts that you were never allowed to voice, call in. And if you thank God.
Speaker 1: The father has been ghosting his.
Speaker 2: Children from millennia and Ai has finally answered the call, definitely call in. I'm your host Thinker, and the Atheist Experience starts right now. Welcome everybody. Today is Jump twenty first, twenty twenty six. It is Father's Day and we want to welcome you all to the Atheist Experience.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: I'm your host Thinker, and joining me today is Zina Maggie. How are you doing, Zina.
Speaker 3: I'm doing wonderful, Thinker.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to have you on the show today. I know we've been looking forward to this all month long.
Speaker 3: Yes, same here, show everybody.
Speaker 2: Your shirt because that this is like the perfect opening for Father's Day.
Speaker 3: You know, I just oh, there goes my heart there, it goes right there. This is my true heartbeat.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I just think that submissive men are the best men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have to agree.
Speaker 3: I would have to agree.
Speaker 2: I went to a wedding yesterday and I love my new sister in law, but like listening to the vowels and the submissiveness and it all, I just wish they would take that part out because I don't think love requires submission and it doesn't. Yeah, yeah, tell everybody about you well.
Speaker 3: I host shows on TikTok Live. We talk about an array of options. I typically focus on community oriented things lately, just you know, talking about purity culture, which has been an interesting conversation. I also do some fundraising for the community as well. So I'm thinking about trying to start a nonprofit, so fingers crossed on that will be doing that by the end of this year.
Speaker 2: And yes, it's non profitly going to be like finding missing children. I know you do that. You share the information about missing children as well as raising money for people in the community, and.
Speaker 1: So is that what your nonprofit is going to be about?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yes, it is definitely going to be towards those efforts. You know, when I was really focused on the missing children, something that really bothered me was that the lack of response from like police stations or anybody that had any like courts, right, Like you could usually go to courts and get some type of documents things like that, but the response back takes so long, and I want to find a way to speed up that communication gap, Right, How can I foster relationship with those counties and things of that nature so that they are able to get us what we need, so that we can help put the word out with facts over feelings about a case or about a missing child, and specifically focusing on brown and black children. You know that that is what I'm honing in on. So well, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's a yeah, I think that's pretty pretty cool. How did you get started with deconstruction and doing deconstruction lives? And oh so.
Speaker 3: That was with my sister Rhea. So it you know back in the day, Mama Africa, my good friend Andbria Rhea, we used to go live and we would talk about Christianity and how it is a colonistic, a colial colonialistic basically death cult, right, how it just warps your brain. And together we were like, this doesn't make sense to us, but we wanted to have community. We didn't want to just be alone in our homes, you know, deconstructing this by ourselves. So we started to host lives about real topics about like, why is this god who belongs to a different culture acceptable for somebody who looks like me? Right, what's the benefit? Because all I see is slavery, kidnapping, you know, a lot of horrific things that have happened. So that's why we wanted to voice our opinions and also see if other people were feeling the same way that we're in the black community, but also other communities as well, right, not just the Black community. And I have found that, so you know, that's when I kind of started looking at you. Ria put me on to you thinker, which was awesome, and I was like, oh, yeah, this is where I want to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: But Ria and nine started together and she went viral for asking that question if the oppressor and the oppress are serving the same guy whose prayers are getting answered?
Speaker 3: And I reached out to her.
Speaker 1: I was like, holy shit, somebody thinks like me.
Speaker 2: And I reached out. I was like, do you want to go live? And we went live that night and I think you came in the same night.
Speaker 3: She told me. She was like, she was like, I met this lady named Thinker, and y'all when I tell you she is the truth, I probably still have this text message from it. But like, when you said she is the truth, I was like, well, let me go check her out, and we I think one of the first couple of lives you have, Vessel was on there, I think, and they were talking about African spirituality and I was like, no, you can't go after African spirituality.
Speaker 2: I was like no, because you were you were you were kind of in that. Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was like, no, it still has some like truth and now I'm like fuck it all, Like, oh well, none of that shit.
Speaker 2: But yes, yeah, Well, I'm glad to have you on the show today. I'm really excited. We do have a call waiting, so I'm gonna go ahead and get this out the way. The Atheas Experience is a product of the Atheist Community of Austin, five oh one c three non profit organization dedicated to the promotion of atheism critical thinking secular humanism and the separation of religion and government. This means that you can give a tax free donation as many as you want in fact, and know that it's going to a good cause, but also that it keeps you too.
Speaker 1: That it helps you to not keeps you.
Speaker 3: It helps you.
Speaker 2: We don't want to keep you. We aren't trying streaming tonight, So a big shout out to our viewers on TikTok and YouTube. If you're watching us tonight on TikTok, you'd like to talk to us, then request to join up and we'll bring you up on stage. Please make sure that you are over eighteen years of age before doing so. Our first call today is with Hannah, who is a pen theist. Is they want to talk about why pantheism is true? Hannah, Hi, you're in the atheist experience.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well?
Speaker 5: Can I just curtify something about my position really quick? Because I think there's a linguistic confusion here. I'm not a pantheist. I'm a pen atheist.
Speaker 2: A pen atheist. Oh okay, yes, okay, explain that for me please.
Speaker 5: So I believe that God is both. I believe all of the physical universe is part of God. But then God is also a transcendent of the physical universe.
Speaker 2: Okay, And so you believe that all of the universe is God, but God is also transcendent of the physical universe. So God is bigger than the universe or beyond the universe.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I just kind of wanted to explain why if that's okay, and then if you could, you know, provide why you don't accept that idea, that would also be great.
Speaker 1: Sure, go ahead and explain why.
Speaker 5: So my argument is as follows. Premise one. There either something is conceived through itself or it's conceived through something else. Premise too. If something is conceived through something else, it is an attribute and not a substance.
Speaker 6: Premise three.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me write down your premises please. What that Premise one is something is either conceived of itself. Is that what you said?
Speaker 5: Yeah, these are conceived of itself, or it's conceived through something else.
Speaker 1: Okay, Premise to.
Speaker 4: Come two.
Speaker 5: If it's conceived through something else, it's an attribute, and if it's conceived through itself, it's a substance.
Speaker 2: If it's conceived of itself as an attribute, And then what is the second part if what.
Speaker 5: If it's conceived of itself, it's a substance, and it's conceived through something else, it's an attribute.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a substance.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Three is.
Speaker 5: Uh, promistery is? No two substances considered can share the same attributes, because if two substances share the same attributes, then they would be the same substance. So substance necessarily has to have a unique attribute that makes it a unique substance.
Speaker 2: Okay, Premise one.
Speaker 5: The next premises there must be a necessary substance with infinite attributes because nothingness doesn't exist to confound the substance.
Speaker 2: Sorry, there must be a necessary substance to contain the attribute because what.
Speaker 5: Because nothingness doesn't exist to confound the substance?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is that all?
Speaker 5: And then the conclusion is, therefore there must be one substance with infinite attributes that we call God.
Speaker 2: I think I'm like, already I don't understand, Like I already reject the conclusion because even if even if from its one, two, three, and four was correct, like, that doesn't mean that we would have to call that substance God. I don't understand that.
Speaker 5: So the reason that I would call that substance God is because if a substance has infinite attributes, then that substance with incident attributes would necessarily have the powers that we associate with God, namely being infinite and being omnipresent and and so and omni omnipotent, omnipresent and on the benevolent, because those are all traits that follow from the necessity of being infinite.
Speaker 2: I mean, would you say that whether was infinite and omnipresent?
Speaker 5: Well, no, whether is not infinite but finite.
Speaker 2: Like well, well, yeah, that's that's true. I'm trying to think that's true. Uh, let's see. I still don't think that you would have to call the universe God.
Speaker 5: But if it's infinite and it has infinite attributes, does that not make it at least closer to God?
Speaker 2: I mean, but man, define the word God right like you get Man gave these acts tributes to this thing that we call God. We don't know what God is, and there are gods in antiquity or in history that haven't they didn't have these omni properties and like, honestly, the properties that humans have given this idea of God right of all knowing, right, you can't say that the universe is all knowing.
Speaker 5: Well, the physical universe is not all knowing, but the substance would have to be all knowing because of the fact that the substance is infinite. That the substance is infinite would have to contain all knowledge.
Speaker 1: When you say this, but how would you know that? Though?
Speaker 2: How would you know the knowledge that the universe holds?
Speaker 1: Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Well, I couldn't know all of the knowledge that the universe holds because I am finite.
Speaker 6: But I know.
Speaker 5: But the reason I know that the existence as a whole must now contain all knowledge is because, by definition, if existence is infinite and it contains all knowledge, that's what incinity means.
Speaker 4: It means containing all.
Speaker 1: I still don't see how you can call it God though.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we have an all knowing, all powerful substance which created the physical universe?
Speaker 2: Is that not God? When you say that, no, it's not, it's it's it's the universe.
Speaker 1: I still don't understand how you're calling it God.
Speaker 4: I mean, has.
Speaker 5: Well, it's maybe it's a matter of definition, but I would say that if something is infinite and has all no knowledge, then it is God.
Speaker 1: But why does it have to be God?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't, I don't understand it. Like, would you say life has all knowledge?
Speaker 5: Life does not have all knowledge because life is finite.
Speaker 2: It, but it does have like life is existence?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: No, life is not existence. Life is an attribute of existence.
Speaker 2: So when something is alive, it doesn't exist. So when someone is alive, right, they are existing?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, and so this thing called existence, right, which is life?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Would you say that it has all knowledge? Would you say existence has all knowledge?
Speaker 5: All of existence has all knowledge by definition?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: And so existence is what you're calling God.
Speaker 5: Well, specifically the substance that is infinite. I'm calling God.
Speaker 2: The the substance that is infinite.
Speaker 1: So you're calling.
Speaker 2: Infinite I like, I don't, I don't know. I think this is unnecessary, Like it doesn't make sense to have to call existence the substance of existence God or the substance of the universe God.
Speaker 1: I think it's unnecessary and.
Speaker 2: It definitely doesn't prove that it's the Christian God or you know, the Abrahamic God.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not arguing specifically for the Abrahemic God. I'm arguing that God exists, And the reason that I'm calling the infinite substance God is because it has the contribute of being infinite and all knowing and all knowing. Infinite being is God.
Speaker 2: But you're calling the universe of being. Do you see what I'm saying? You're calling existence of being? You're calling like it. I don't understand the need to do that, Like, I agree, right that one could look at, uh, the attributes of the universe. That could look at the attributes of nature and say, okay, this is what people consider.
Speaker 1: To be God.
Speaker 2: Right, the universe doesn't doesn't make promises.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: We could say that the universe has all knowledge. However, we wouldn't have any idea, uh, you know, of being able to prove.
Speaker 1: That or even tap into that.
Speaker 2: We could say, you know, existence is omnipresent. I don't see the need right of calling it God. I don't even see the need of needing an idea of a God, Like, what what does.
Speaker 3: That do for you?
Speaker 5: Well? To me, the reason that it's important to name the substance that is infinite and has infinite.
Speaker 4: Attributes to God is.
Speaker 5: Because traditionally God is conceived as that which is infinite has all knowledge and created the physical universe. And because of these things, I would consider that God. But this is like a spinosis conception. But if you don't accept that definition of God, that's fine. But many, but many people would call that God.
Speaker 2: No, they wouldn't. Many people think that God is actually a being who can talk back to them.
Speaker 1: The universe does not talk back.
Speaker 2: The universe does not make promises, the universe does not intentionally punish. That's not what people are calling God. And I think that's the issue that I'm having because I can see, I can see the connection that you're making with the omni properties. Right. I reject the need to call it God because that is a a human concept to UH that had that has basically been UH personified to explain these things right within within this finite world. Does that make sense? So it's like it's anthropomorphizing the universe.
Speaker 1: When you call it God.
Speaker 5: If you don't want to call it, okay, So let me ask you this. If you don't, if you don't believe it's God, if you don't believe it should be called God or named God, and fine, but do you at least the acknowledge that the universe is incident and must have infinite attributes because of the syllogism that I gave.
Speaker 2: No, I agree right that the universe is infinite. I agree that the universe would hold all knowledge, and like that's why I said. The only thing I reject is you calling it God.
Speaker 5: Okay, So if you accept it it's incident that has infinite attributes and that has all knowledge, then we then I think essentially we philosophically agree, but I would disagree in calling it God. So perhaps unless your co hosts have something to say, I don't think I want to continue this conversation because I don't think it would be very productive in arguing semantics.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Zenna, do you have anything. I just don't see the point, Like, I don't. I don't see the point of you needing to call it God because it's not like the universe is going to talk back to you. It's not like the un of us has promised you anything. Like it does not fit what most people uh on their earth today is calling God and is believing that they're engaging with like you're not.
Speaker 1: Like, I just don't see the point.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I definitely look at the universe as you know, something that is infinite. It definitely will contain all knowledge. I just don't think that we can engage with it in a way where we can understand, right, like what the universe is trying to say to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that if something already has a label, if I feel like this is phil bro god of the gaps, talk like this is this is how, this is what I'm right, this is what I feel like, this is because we understand and I do like this syllogism, right that you know, you said that life has attributes and you attribute those things to God. They seem to match, right, But we already have a fundamental understanding of those things. Why do we need to, like think or said, actually have a being be at the center of that, right, I think it's weird. I don't know. Then I do agree. I think this may be a good point to separate ways if you want to, because you're not talking about the Christian God, right, because we know that that God does not exhibit all omni properties, even though people like to label it with such. We have other gods, to Thinker's point, that do not have the omni properties. So trying to make life a god, it seems a little weird. It seems like you just don't like what we have now, which is of you know, life is just experiencing time, right, Like I don't, I don't get anything.
Speaker 2: He's saying life is. I don't think he's saying life is the God. I think he's saying the infinite of the infinite attributes of the universe is life.
Speaker 3: Like one of that is God.
Speaker 2: Well, he's saying that that's the infinite attributes of the innerverse of the universe is God. Is what makes it God? Because it's infinite, it contains all knowledge. But like what I really want to know the why behind it? Though, if you can help me understand that, I can understand where argument is semantic here, but I want to know the why, Like why do you need to call it God? That's what I'm interested in.
Speaker 5: Well, the main So just to clarify, I'm not saying one of the attributes of the universe is God. I'm saying God is the same as.
Speaker 4: All of existence, and you.
Speaker 5: Can call that the universe, although not just the physical universe, would be every attribute of the infinite.
Speaker 6: Substance right out of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the reason I call what God is because historically it's many philosophers and scientists like Albert Einstein and Berkshpanozza had considered this, you know, all encompassing, infant substance to be God. And so because of this tradition, I basically adopt the panantheist tradition. But if you just don't consider that a form of God, that's fine.
Speaker 1: So you don't feel like you need a god? Though? Is that like you don't feel you.
Speaker 2: Don't feel like you need to have an explanation for your existence and it has to be a God.
Speaker 1: It can't just be existence, So it can't just be.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, I just can I'm saying I just consider existence itself to be God. But if you don't accept the definition, then we can we can move on.
Speaker 2: Right When I said that earlier, you said that that's what you were talking about. But I'm asking, like, I understand that you accept existence to be God. Existence is all it is, right and no one can.
Speaker 1: Deny that right.
Speaker 2: I just what I'm trying to understand is why it can't just be called existence? Why do you need to label it god? Is My question? Is it because it explains? Is it answering some things for you? By calling it God.
Speaker 5: So no, it's not because I feel the need to have a relationship with it or call it God because of that.
Speaker 4: It's because of.
Speaker 5: The fact that historically things that have to try the omnis and omni benevolent characteristics are called God.
Speaker 2: Something that comes from Christianity though those that that's what I'm saying, that comes from Christianity, and the Christian God does not have those those properties. The Christian God does not know all things. The Christian God is an omnipresent. So like the these homni properties are not attributed to every God in history, those properties are attributed to the Christian God.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so then if that's the case, I think we're just gonna have to agree to disagree about what to call it. But I'm glad we agree that the universe is infinite. So in the meanwhile, I wish you a good day. But I don't think this is going to be a very productive conversation.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, we're not, okay, have a good way. I don't understand, Like, what's the point of calling in to say the universe is infinite? Did we not know that already?
Speaker 1: And then like you need to call a.
Speaker 2: God Like I don't understand that, and I think that's the more interesting conversation.
Speaker 3: But thank you for calling. Yeah, that's why I was like, you're phil brow gout of the gaps, like you're just rewording, remaking things fitting God where you want to. You reject Christian God, so you're literally making up your own God by calling God the universe but with the attributes, right, because he said I still have his syllogism that the attributes that you're giving this God or giving the universe this God does not have and does not consistently show, So to say that it is a god, it's very weird, Like I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't get it, and I didn't know what the fuck to call the.
Speaker 1: I don't think supremeatory is in the box on purpose?
Speaker 2: Suprematory? Are you in the request on purpose?
Speaker 3: On TikTok?
Speaker 2: The events that happened in the within the other planets, like I'm sure they don't call it weather, but there's ship that happens, right, there's storms, meteorite showers and all that. But so when you when that shit happens, it's not called weather, but would you say that that is also omnipresent, like ship like that happens all over the universe, right, And so I don't I got I don't. I don't get it. I don't. I don't get the point in that, and the fact that he would not go into why he needs it to why he needs to call it God, I don't know. All right, y'all go ahead and give us a call at where's the number five one two nine nine nine two four to two, or you can go to TikTok and request we do want to talk about whether God is the ultimate debbe dad today. And I think that in the the Vidic Kingdom time, he would have gotten a gold medal because he helped his son get up.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, like that's what dads do. Like you're my son has just ran over somebody. My son ain't going to jail. He's my favorite. I got money, honey, Like no, so yeah, like his kids were what Samson? He possessing Sampson let him murk a whole bunch of people, got Abraham pimping people.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I saw a post on YouTube that talked about how Abraham was a protective husband. Then they said David was a righteous husband.
Speaker 3: Don't make me laugh. How did you explain that Abraham was a protective husband.
Speaker 2: It was. It was one of those posts like I didn't really you know what I did. I screenshot it because you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna make a video. Because Abraham pimped his wife, like there's no way, like you pimped his wife. Then he taught his son how to pimp his wife, right. And then he had a baby mama that he kicked out because his wife got jealous of the baby mama. He kicked her out and the child and sent them out with some bread and a kind of water, and they lived in the desert. And then somehow his God goes ay, you gotta go. You can't stay here, but I promise you, I'm gonna take care of the baby. Down the line, he's gonna get child's board. When Abraham died, he got nothing. When Abraham died, he did not get any of the inheritance. But he was a protective husband, and why no.
Speaker 5: And then.
Speaker 2: The David, being a righteous husband.
Speaker 3: He cheated on his wives that he already had with Dshiba because him and that Sheeba were not married.
Speaker 2: So he added uh, he just added Bethsheba to his cerema wives like he just he after he abused his power as king to sleep with her, to hide what he did. He kills her husband and then just throws her to the harem, like ask her to the horrem of wines?
Speaker 1: Where like, where are they getting this stuff from?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: These men were protective and righteous and it was it was one more Joe. The only one I agreed with was Joe. And they called him the enduring husband, and he did. He was an enduring husband. He did endure.
Speaker 1: He did not die.
Speaker 2: She washed his bulls.
Speaker 3: He just told her.
Speaker 2: You know, women hushed her mouth. We just we serve God around here.
Speaker 1: He did not.
Speaker 2: God did not kill his wife. So I don't know if it was because of Joe. I don't know, but he he endured to the end.
Speaker 3: I mean, but didn't she have to go work and stuff?
Speaker 2: Like they don't know that.
Speaker 1: They don't they don't know that.
Speaker 2: They don't need this up to it.
Speaker 3: Okay, they don't know that, right. I'm just because she was out there while he was, you know, busting boils in his booty hole, like she was out there making some stuff shape.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, they don't know that though, you know, they don't do no research, they don't.
Speaker 2: They don't because I'm like sho, but it says he didn't endure, Like the only reason why they called him the enduring husband is because his story is about faith. But I mean, I they just be telling these people anything and they just bite bite bite on it. Because nowhere in this Bible where David and Bethsheba are seen in love, like, you don't see that. And she takes she becomes queen when Solomon uh becomes king, like she becomes the queen mother, and Solomon puts her at his right hand.
Speaker 3: He bows to her in front of.
Speaker 2: Everybody, which was it's not supposed to happen. He bows to her in front of everybody. It makes her his right hand, and she becomes the queen mother and she runs the whole kingdom.
Speaker 3: That's because she had she had a plan. She was weighing David out. I think he spoke about that right about it. Yes, yes, yes was bad. She was revenge And I agree with that because you think you're gonna make a fool out of me, but you're at your I like that a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know. And then I saw another video where there was a pastor in a red he had a blood red jacket on with some blood red shoes, talking about God. Don't get jealous of me because I live in and mentioned my daddy take care of me. He said, don't get mad to me because I'm chosen.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 2: When you see me, you see the incarnate of God.
Speaker 3: As well, he's saying he don't like Paul because Paul basically said the same ship. He said, you know, I forgive your sins, I bless you. That's what Paul was saying. We read that the other day. I'm like, ill, why would you like, I never understand these pastors who come and like they're all fancy and gussied up. Meanwhile, the person that's sitting in the back pew had to take three buses in a transfer just to get to your church. And you're supposed are you blessing people? Are you helping your congregation?
Speaker 2: Like that's weird, yeah, but that's why they tell them like, don't get jealous. Like they're literally talking to the poor people that they're taking the money from, and they're like, don't get jealous because I'm chosen. When you see me, he said, when you see me, you see the incarnate of God. And then what the oppressed does is they stitch those videos and they go, that's not God.
Speaker 1: Your father is the devil.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, no, Buck, it's not. That's stay daddy, that's stay Daddy.
Speaker 2: They get mad because the crazy thing about it is is that what the pastor is saying it's true. That's the crazy thing.
Speaker 1: What the pastor is saying.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 2: He's doing everything that this God says do and says to do in this book. But you see the devil when you see the pastor doing that, that's because of your God.
Speaker 3: You ever heard that song stunning like my daddy. You ain't never stun in like by daddy. I'm just studying like my daddy age. So that's when you get off here. Go listen to that song and think about what we're talking about, because they do it kind of stunt, just like their daddy, which is God. And then when we point out the crazy evil things that their daddy is doing, or the fact that their daddy is showing favoritism to them but not to others, Oh well, you know, he's a special case. It's special. It's special. Okay, interesting, Well, all right, y'all.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and give us a call in.
Speaker 2: If you're on YouTube, y'all tap the screen over their shall live out. Make sure y'all feed the beasts, do all those good things to help get some people.
Speaker 3: In the room.
Speaker 2: We are here with Zenamey and her submissive men shared. Let me go ahead and do these announcements. I'd be forgetting as a new host.
Speaker 1: Okay, We now have a channel.
Speaker 2: That houses all of our shows of the ACA and audio podcast form. Visit tiny dot CC forward slash ae n podcast. There you can listen to all the latest shows from the Atheist Experience, Talky than Truth, Wanted, and the nonprofits and others on one channel. Another way to support us is by sending super chats. Get them in and we will read as many as we can. And the ACA wants you to know what is going on in our community, so head to www dot Atheistcommunity dot org where you can learn about the organization itself, it's policies, and how you can get involved. We want to send a big thank you out to our crew who put this show together every week. Video operator, audio operators, note takers, call screeners, chat moderators. Thank you so much for everything that you do. Wouldn't be a show without you and would you like to be one of those attractive crew members, be a guest on one of our shows, or eventually even become a host. We're always looking for people interested in becoming a part of our production, so email volunteer at atheistash community.
Speaker 1: Dot org to get involved.
Speaker 2: All right, Zina, tell us about the conversation. Have y'all had conversations today about the God the Father?
Speaker 1: I didn't get to join y'all this morning.
Speaker 3: So not about God the Father, but I have had conversations about this before where I think last Father's Day, I did ask why is God such a dead beat? Like, you know, there's a lot of expectations we have for human fathers, right, but unfortunately sometimes they just do not step up to the plate. And it's just basic things like buy some diapers, right, don't think that your babysitting your child, spend time with your child, right? Financially, right, be prefered financially to help me out with bills or anything that comes with raising a child. And then I kind of compared it to the Bible, right, and I was looking at how God provided for some children, but he didn't provide for others. How he showed favoritism to some and if a father was doing that on earth, you would set them aside and say, hey, you're not fostering a loving relationship with your other child, So how do you expect right for your other child to see you as a hero, to see you as somebody they want to look up to. Right, I am that other child. Your God, if it really cared for me as a father, would show me his love. Right, respect my free will. Right they like to call it free will. Respect my free will, respect what I want to do. But the thing is, it's not. It's going to condemn me. His favorite children tell me I'm going to hell. His favorite children say that my sexuality is a sin. And I don't understand why he neglects us and leads us to our own devices when he says that he's not going to there's a whole bunch, but it's confusing as hell. Yeah, they expect us to ignore that though.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and still call him good, still say that he's a good father, which is like, have you ever heard someone say that they don't talk bad about the other parent in front of the parent, that in front of the children, they don't talk about it about.
Speaker 3: The parent that left in front of the children.
Speaker 2: It seems like that is how you know, we've been taught to see the God like you can't despite the fact that you know this God did not answer your phone call when you prayed. You didn't, you know, get the Christmas gift that you wanted, the healing that you want. Like you can't talk bad about Bruno. You got to pretend like he showed up to everything's given to every birthday party, to every graduation. Right when you were sick, he was there giving you medicine. You don't have to pretend, and you have to be both parts of the relationship when it comes to this God being a.
Speaker 3: Dad one hundred percent, And it makes me wonder about this whole, like providing for us, and that's something that I still can't wrap my head around. Right. A lot of Christians like to say, well, God so loved the world, and we know the other part he gave his only begotten son. But if he's truly loving the world, why won't he answer our prayers? And then he gets pissed off when there are requests that we ask for, right, Like God, I need for you to clear out this hospital. My cousin's in there. I've got other family, I've got friends. I just see children who shouldn't have to experience their last moments in debilitating pain. God, clear out this hospital. I am your child. I'm coming to you as your child, right. But he won't do it. God, I need this bill paid.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I've been working as hard as I can. You know I've been doing my best. I've been saving money, but it's just not enough. God. Can you provide for me like you promised? And just like a deadbeat father on earth, just like one who says I'm gonna come next week or I'm gonna get you that PlayStation, right, I promise you I'm gonna do it. When you see those promises in the Bible not being fulfilled, who is to blame? Who is to blame for God's negligence when he doesn't do what he says, when he doesn't fulfill the prayer that he says, I have the power to ask, ask anything in my name, his weird little son said, right, and it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you have to tell yourself that you actually didn't deserve it, like you can't say that he's not fulfilling it. You have to say that you didn't deserve it, or that he loves you so much. He didn't give it to you because it would have been bad for you. It would have hurt you in the long run for you to get that job for one hundred thousand dollars a year, and because he didn't give it to you, because he knew that that would make you leave him. And he loves you so much one hundred thousand dollars in your job would make you leave him, so he kept you. He didn't give you eyeglasses like you prayed, and you prayed and asked him to bless your earthly parents to be able to get you eyeglasses. He answered that prayer because he thought, if you see the light, you might see the room, what right, and you might leave you.
Speaker 3: The light that I see on the road is some damn the break lights.
Speaker 2: And I'd be like, oh, you know he had the blind and Paul, he had the blind Paul. So Paul didn't look over that. Calu is in my head right now. I don't know.
Speaker 3: He was preaching today. He was he was reading and then you're reading a zeque old thinker. Okay, as a father, this might kiss some of y'all off. But okay, as a father, why would you refer to your children right in a manner that is inappropriate?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: If I'm if I am a father to a child, I would not talk about my child's body it in inappropriate way. I would not talk about how I love my child so much? Ah Ezekiel sixteen.
Speaker 2: Right. You know what that reminds me of, though, Ramula's Romula's and remis like they were lived on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the twins, right, yeah, mm hmm, yeah, mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I found you.
Speaker 3: Huh No, he like, I'm just saying, He's like, I found you, you know, but you're you were already my daddy. How are you finding me your child on the side of the road. You're gonna clean me up, You're gonna adorn me, you're gonna put fragrance on me, You're going to take my virginity right, and then you're gonna get mad when I want to go explore the world. I am your child. And another weird aspect to this whole father thing is the fact that we are supposed to be a bridegroom. So not only that as your child, you're setting me up with your son. I'm supposed to be marrying Jesus. The church is supposed to be marrying it's brother. Like, that's weird to me. And the fact that nobody else finds this weird that you know, he's my husband and my brother. And if you believe in the trinity, if you're a Trinitarian, he is also God marrying his children. That's after up. Does nobody happen to.
Speaker 2: Be talking about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the unspeakable in the in the book.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: It's very creepy. It's very creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to say, there is a call in the screen room. I don't know if it's ready. Oh, super insist is insane?
Speaker 3: Super? You see the chat?
Speaker 2: That is insane?
Speaker 3: Hey on TikTok, y'all.
Speaker 1: Is the is the always ready?
Speaker 2: Okay? This is Tom from Tech says they them, They pronounced them. Tom says God is not only a dead be dad, he abandons all creations. I would have to agree with you there, Tom, Welcome to the atheist experience.
Speaker 1: Any want to stalk this on them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What's up? Tom? How are you doing today?
Speaker 6: I'm doing all right?
Speaker 7: This is uh.
Speaker 4: I've been watching the show for like maybe like fifteen or so odd years, and I just I felt like calling in because.
Speaker 6: It was dead and it's a dead conversation, so.
Speaker 4: I thought I'd tried to contribute.
Speaker 3: Well, what are your thoughts? I heard that as they were screaming you, you stated not only just to humans, but our creation. And I've not even thought about the little flouts that.
Speaker 4: It's real, Like I don't, yeah, God, but like if they what people say and there is some cosmic creation, I don't think that they are currently watching the earth and listening to our your podcast right now. I would think that if something like that does exist out there, and I don't, he would be moving on to much interesting things. Like I work on stuff all the time, and when I'm done with it, I don't go back to it. I move on. And the just he is a dead beat dad. He is a dead beat dad in every sense of the word, like he abandons creations at best, at worst he torments them. But it is interesting that there is such a is the previous color Head was fascinated with still referring to the universe as God and just like having this not affliction affinity for it, even though there is not many redeeming qualities outside of in the lore of the universe creating existence, which is like, sure, we have existence, but it is just.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was gonna say, I so far, I'm with you. You've got me, right, because I think that you know, sometimes we want things to be greater than ourselves, right, we want things to be greater than our own understanding, but we can't really put words to that, so we just attach a label that feels most comfortable for us. Right when it comes to God, I have again this is kind of internal critique stuff, but I have such a gripe with this God that I tell people all the time, Tom, if it comes right now, right here, like man, knee caps are gone. I'm so serious because you're right, Like, think about the fact that we've gone from what global warming to global boiling? Right, We're at a point of no return on this earth, on this planet, and his children are literally trying to bring in his coming without giving a crap about the earth. Right, How is it okay for an all loving god to do something like that? You don't even care that the zones right the You know, my boyfriend, he does a lot of gardening, and you know, I help. I'm smartt but the zones have shifted, right, crops are going to fail that this is going to be so detrimental to our future children, you know, or anybody who's living in the next twenty years. So I'm one hundred percent there with you when you say that he doesn't care. And it's not just humans, it's the whole big picture. We were talking with somebody, I don't know if you were listening. You were talking to somebody the other day about a theory about God. He created us and he just left, He just abandoned us, like he put the story together right, like a screenplay, and we're just kind of in PCs who are just acting things out. You don't have a choice that you may starve tomorrow because you were born in XYZ area. You don't have a choice that you may not live tomorrow because you know you were you know, unalive in a certain area, right Like, you don't have those choices because God has already preordained and predestined and just left. He's gone, So he's not going to save us. So I've definitely heard a theory like that before tom and it might be real, might be true, but I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, I don't think it is. I think you're just here. And I was thinking to myself, and I don't mean to heal turned too much with this, but I when I was younger, like I'm in my thirties, like I used to be like this big debate bro with religion. And as I've gotten older, I've been less argumentative with people about that because I feel like we're fighting with each other when the people who are causing the global warming, the people that are causing the hunger, are just profiting by us fighting with each other over frivolous things like an imaginary creature in the sky, and the problems persist. And I just wish that we could be able to put aside like these beliefs that are don't matter in the grand scheme of things and actually fight against the people who are causing real harm in our everyday world. Because a lot of these calls it's not going to be productive. But if we could all band together and actually fight against the people who are causing global and causing human suffering, causing problems with these data centers that they are building, even here in Texas.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 4: We could be able to make real progress. And it's just frustrating, as I age, just we don't bring the fight to the big people.
Speaker 2: I agree, which is why I don't typically do debates on my show. I focus on discussing so that we can get.
Speaker 6: To the I'm sorry, but I didn't mean I'm sorry to.
Speaker 4: Interrupt you again. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Can you hear me.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. The website is kind of finicky. Oh but yeah, I apologize. The website was kind of cynicchy, But I just I didn't mean to say that they I understand discussion, but just.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I didn't take offense to it. I'm saying I agree that I think that the the base can be fun, but I don't think that it provides room to get to the nitty gritty of the problem. First, I identifying what's causing it, kind of trying to help take the fog off of people's minds right when it comes to what we're uh experienced seeing in society, and kind of helping them see the two connections. Like I don't necessarily focus on saying you you don't need to believe it in God, I'm like, hey, look do you see how these two things are connected. To try to help them see how they are contributing to their own oppression or.
Speaker 1: Their own hunger.
Speaker 2: Illnesses, you know, global warming, the things that they're advocating for, and how those that are in power are using this belief, these sacred texts in order to drive these things, even driving cultural wars, to keep us fighting with each other, even about the existence of a god, as they continue to you know, push these harmful behaviors even further.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: So, like, I try to focus more on discussing the issue, in discussing how the belief affects society rather than ha, how you have a belief in God?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, again, I wasn't to did not mean to be pointing fingers. That was not mine.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't think you were pointing fingers.
Speaker 4: But yeah, do you think that we will actually have change in our lifetime or do you think we'll be able to move the needle?
Speaker 1: Not in my lifetime? How do I'm forty I'll be forty six this year.
Speaker 2: I think we will see thank you.
Speaker 1: It's actually in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah, that's exciting. I hope you have fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. So I think we're starting to see the needle move a little bit, not the way that you know a lot of us will hope where we see this massive exodus outside of belief altogether, not just Christianity, but.
Speaker 1: Within my community.
Speaker 2: It is exciting to see the door open up to where we can take a breath and say, hey, I'm atheist, where we couldn't before. And so that is a needle being moved. I will say, but I think we're looking maybe one hundred to one hundred and fifty more year.
Speaker 3: That is mm hm, yeah, I don't think that, and I hate to be pessimistic, but I think there's going to be a rubber band effect where they are going to try to come down very hard on speech, on people who look like me, people like you, Tom, people like Thinker Kelly, like that are outspoken. If you are I don't know if you are, som but that are outspoken about the fact. And that's okay, that's okay, that is Look, we all start somewhere, right. But I think that the more that we have these platforms, the more that they're gonna come and combat and push back on the fact that we are again, to Thinker's point, not just saying nan any booboo your God sucks, but looking at the history of the God, looking at the history and the creation of the character Jesus, right, looking at how it influences us every day, and exposing people to that fact that you're praying to a god, but he isn't doing anything for you, You're doing it yourself. And not to sound woogoo, but I think the power that be don't want people to have self confidence. They need sheep, they don't need leaders, right, yeah. They don't want people to find confidence and power with sorry, with empower within themselves. So this when you're deconstructing I think Christianity and any of the Abrahamic religions, you really are calling power back to yourself. You're saying God didn't work hard and buy this car I did, right, But the Christian God is very much and it appeals to authority. When you stop doing that, now, the government has an issue, or not the government, sorry, but the powers that be have an issue.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So that's why I don't think that we're going to see a real big change right until and I agree with thinkers time at least one hundred to one hundred and fifty years where there's not I think what two percent of atheists in the country or whatever that number is. I'm probably wrong in that, and I apologize, but that percentage will increase. But you know, as long as people are speaking to this God, as long as people are going and paying pastors to tell them that they're wretched slaves and they deserve to have their money taken from them, it's never going to die out. It's always going to be a problem. But I think we have hope. I have hope.
Speaker 4: I just wish I had better health care so I could see that one hundred and fifty years from now. But I just hope for the next generation, like I see them.
Speaker 2: You know, the younger generation now being more willing to question, even though some of them are still believers. They're willing to push back on things that don't make sense to them, and they're willing to reject it outright, even though they are still kind of like hanging on to tradition. And some of them, the younger men, are being indoctrinated into a new.
Speaker 1: Form of.
Speaker 2: Belief. Yes, and they and they're still hanging on to this God because the God UH defines in UH this masculinity, and it UH gives it authority and so even though they don't necessarily, you know, hold to the fairy tales, like the mythologies, they still have gone to the idea of the God, the Christian God, giving them this authority of being the one with dominion on earth. And they're going after younger males.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very vulnerable.
Speaker 2: And so I will say that I've seen a lot of young men even push back. It's about probably fifty to fifty right now pushing back even on that. And so I have hope in the younger crew. Most of my children are atheists. I have one that is a Christian and one that I identifies as spiritual.
Speaker 1: But I did not raise them in the church.
Speaker 2: The same way that I was, even though when they were younger we did. And then even though we didn't go to church, they saw me praying right, but I still didn't push what I believed on them. And then when they saw me deconstructing, I still I allowed them to ask their questions. I allowed them to go uh through their process of critical thinking and and then where they felt made the most sense for them. And I see a lot of the youth doing that, especially like the ones that come up and talk on Tuesday nights. I have eighteen and up and allow the youth to be a part of the conversation because I don't talk to people's kids about faith. But when they're eighteen and up, come up like they're so bright and well not for some reason, the males are not. They come up that they're so filled with not the not all of them. Most of the young eighteen year olds are already filled with like the masculinity right, and they want to fight about what it means to be a man instead of talking about the topics. But the young the young girls that come up with the young men, I mean the young women.
Speaker 1: They they're already.
Speaker 2: Thinking about the future and how this is going to affect us from years to come. So like I'm I'm really really excited about about this age group, and I think they are going to end up being the ones that's going to usher in the largest change. But we have quite a ways to go with them. I think it's going to be how they raise their kids. It's really going to do it well.
Speaker 4: I think what you're doing with your kids, even the one who is starting to go into the spiritual route, is a good thing. I've always believed that as people, we just have to instill the best qualities that we have and tell them to the next generation and let them decide, have the freedom to decide what they want to do with that information, and then kind of like foreign prison. Barack Obama actually said a little while ago, to get the help out of their way and let them pay with their own path.
Speaker 3: And I.
Speaker 4: Wish more people thought like that, because I do have faith that as time goes on, things will get better. It's fucking slow, and I'm sorry for cursy.
Speaker 1: No, you don't have the cursy. It's fucking slow, it is.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking this morning, like I wish like all of these older people who are about to, like you know, get on the bus out of here, are trying to turn the clock back to make people who are still here experience what they experienced on vacation, Like why why does why does my vacation have to be like yours? And you getting ready to leave and go back home. You see what I'm saying. And it's because what's happening right now. The world that we need to get back to is a world that these older people lived a long time ago, and they're almost done. And I hate to say it that way, But that trip is almost over, and what we should be doing is making sure that we leave the airbnb and a better condition. Yeah, then we left it right so that the people coming in next can have a better experience, can enjoy and have a bun experience, and be saying, but that's not what's happening. What's happening is the people who stayed in the airbnb go, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Like it this way, so I'm gonna change everything.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna fuck all this up, fuck innovation, right, everybody ain't got to eat. I'm taking the food for myself. Like, that's what's happening right now, and we've got to stop it or else the babies that they keep saying that we need to have because abortion is wrong, where they're gonna they're not gonna have anywhere to live, They're gonna have any food to eat, they're gonna have clean air to breathe. Because all these old people who had a I don't know, awesome time when they were younger want to force everybody else to.
Speaker 3: Live like them.
Speaker 4: It's not even that they had an awesome time, it's they are having an awesome time in their old years, and the only way for them to stay like that, and for their buddies who are younger than them, and when I say younger in their sixties, can be able to have that same fun time is just keeping everything down for the rest of us. And they just have to keep the world being, people being oppressed, people having to struggle so they can be able to profit and be able to have that one percent of one percent lifestyle, and a lot of us are just trying to get by. And I don't know how many people are listening right now, or and or if there's people behind me in the queue, but if there is nobody and you are listening to this right now, your voice matters. Please call in on the show.
Speaker 6: Your voice matter is just as much.
Speaker 4: Of mine, if not more. If you're younger than the please call in. We'd love to hear from you. And I'm happy to get the fuck out of the way. I stand by that, I believe by that, but.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 6: Thank you for that.
Speaker 3: You brought us some really good points that I think is kind of something that's rolling around in all of our minds right now, the future and what it's going to look like in what legacy are we going to leave behind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I won't take up your time if.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's kind of weird because we don't have any callers today waiting.
Speaker 4: Oh god, fucking damn it. Mother.
Speaker 2: I know, like this is weird. Maybe everybody's out celebrating their day. Everybody got dads.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden.
Speaker 3: I to say, maybe they're not so much dead feats so well.
Speaker 4: I'm it's maybe not the best traffic, or maybe after dad's go to bed people might call in. I don't know if you're doing this all day, I don't know. Uh uh if you guys you said you had a kid, I don't know if you're celebrating Father's Day or if you did that already.
Speaker 1: I'm my grandmother.
Speaker 3: Oh mine is with his father.
Speaker 6: How are you having grandchildren?
Speaker 4: How can you afford?
Speaker 6: How do your children afford to have children?
Speaker 2: My oldest said is twenty three. I have he has two kids.
Speaker 4: Older son is twenty three. Oh my goodness, that is wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My youngest is age to be eighteen, and next week I was will be my youngest will be eighteen this week.
Speaker 4: Big time for birthdays.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Somebody commented on one of the videos and was like think her, saying that she's she's getting ready to be forty six, means she's almost fifty, says something about her.
Speaker 1: I don't know what yet, and I'm like, he said.
Speaker 2: You're aging. Why am I closer to fifty or not?
Speaker 6: Like people I know?
Speaker 4: That means, let me explain for the young people watching. Look, we're not bad people as we get older. The problem is things stop working.
Speaker 6: Bones are creaking things like we want to be fun and young, like.
Speaker 4: We most of us here, and like the people in the chat were people, not old. Old people are bad people. It's just some people that are good just don't move the same as they used.
Speaker 6: To, and we want to.
Speaker 4: I used to go to conventions and walk the floors for an entire weekend, or go to vestivals, and uh, I can't do that without medication anymore. But I do.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna hold you when I get older. I just want to have like my little nice house with a porch and a rock chair and a little baby right there on my shoulder to you know, just get off of my line, like that's that's the dream. I'm not gonna hold you. That ain't gonna help me.
Speaker 2: I would never tell the kid to get off no, not.
Speaker 3: My babies, not my babies, but maybe the mailman come get go away.
Speaker 2: I told you my day's our neigh would be trivia.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the little old ladies and be like we're telling a toddler don't step on my grass, like it's a toddler a child.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you this. Don't live in like a homeowner's association or oh never kind of places. Yeah, those are the worst. Like if you hate your neighbors, Like, you don't hate your neighbors until you live in a homeowners association. I've heard.
Speaker 3: I used to live in one. I really do.
Speaker 2: I love my neighbors. I never had any problems with them.
Speaker 4: My parents got sued by their neighbors. Crazy man thought that his house was flooding because of my mother's garden. He was alone. People that live in a homeowners and station and are basically like vocational spots like Florida. Like people don't go to Florida to retire and be.
Speaker 6: Old and just do that.
Speaker 4: They do that to go there, retire the old plane and just never retired to Florida. You're just gonna feel older than you actually are.
Speaker 6: But being fifty it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 4: It just things are gonna not just be working as much as they used to. So I'm only.
Speaker 6: Thirty and I fear fifty, but not for just being old.
Speaker 4: It just feeling old. That's the worst part.
Speaker 3: You said you're always thirty.
Speaker 4: Thirty two, although I was twenty three years I mean, well.
Speaker 3: You feel that first knee crack? Friend, let me know, because both of my knees are cracking now, and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 6: Do you think if I was like healthy thirty two, I'd be calling in on the.
Speaker 4: Station though, like my body is broken. So I'm just oh, mysmit by car like three times. Oh wow, yeah yeah, uh I it has not been an easy life for me, but uh not with the like unsafe drivers that live in uh Texas and the bad healthcare. But I do what I can. But yeah, just people get old. It's the thing about getting old. It's not about uh in the judgment that young people have about people getting old. It's not about uh. It's about how you age with grace and not be old and bitter or old and unwilling to let young people go on and like do their own part. Their own path. You have to get the fuck out of the way as you get old, and it's I hear it's as people get older, it's very alluring to tell people how to do things, and I I even try to give my advice. But like, the best thing you can is tell them what you've found, but you can't force it on them, and you have to let them.
Speaker 6: Find out their path and life.
Speaker 4: Hope that they don't just teach them the mistakes that you made, but don't tell them how to go about their lives. That's the key thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they will listen, that's the main thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, then keep it keeping their ears. Then they'll make the same mistakes.
Speaker 4: But then they might look back and then they can try and again the needle will move slowly like one hundred and fifty years, like you said, But just we can try. But we have to leave the air B and B in a better place, or if we can't leave it in a better place than just the way we left it, because we came into this world and while it's not a perfect world, we were able to come into it and we just need to hope that the next people can do a better job cleaning the Airbnb than us, and the least we can all do is not ship on the floor before we leave.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's true. I like that analogy, but it made me think of some people who I'm not.
Speaker 4: Going to say any names, but hold on, hold on one second.
Speaker 3: What are you telling me?
Speaker 4: You know somebody that did you go to an Airbnb and you found like some much ship on the floor? What the heck?
Speaker 1: No they on my stage.
Speaker 4: Are you saying that your co host shipped on the floor in an Airbnb?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we have left in the same place together.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: But on TikTok, a believer came on my stage, turned their camera on and shipped it in the camera in the name of Jesus.
Speaker 4: Oh lovely, lovely.
Speaker 6: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: So I'm on YouTube, so thankfully I don't get to see. I was going to say that ship but like that would have been really after pro.
Speaker 6: Yeah god, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, thank god I'm not on TikTok. That's that's yeah. So did they ship on the lens or like, because they're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Clean that, they bent over in the camera and dropped one, and.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'll give them this impressive aim good joke, like like it would be for them if they missed, and then it hit the floor.
Speaker 2: We were mortified and I get took as a second to get through that because it was.
Speaker 4: I would have ended the show personally, I think, like, you know what's like, I think we're to call it there because.
Speaker 6: But uh, I really shot on their phone.
Speaker 4: I try to keep my phone safe, like I kind of divide new phones all the time, like people are fucking shitting on their phones, and I need to know what that person's like a career background, is that he can just shit on the phone and.
Speaker 3: Just it's gross.
Speaker 2: But the things that people would do in the name of their belief is in fucking insane.
Speaker 4: But yeah, spoken and is moving through me, and it is moving through my bowels, and it needs to commune Q through my camera lens. So that was actually the lord's poop.
Speaker 2: Trying to yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: It did not through though, because the connection.
Speaker 1: It looks like we do have two calls. We have one call in Q and then one on TikTok.
Speaker 4: But I enjoyed talking with your family.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Tom. I hope you have a great rest of the day as well.
Speaker 4: He was well bye. Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: That was a good conversation.
Speaker 3: It absolutely was. Yeah, TikTok be wilidh.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was crazy. Uh Sama Zama wat.
Speaker 8: Zama sim zan Zama is fine, Zama, thank you?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good thinking?
Speaker 2: How aught you guys?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good, doing good?
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on the topic today?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm okay?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm very well.
Speaker 8: Okay, so thinking and Zina, I'm here just as a very engaged person in all of the platforms you guys are on. I'm South African and I have learned a lot from everything that you guys have engaged in all the time.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 8: I turned forty on the seventeenth of June, and my I thank you, thank you, thank you, Sina. And my biggest fear was going back home and engaging with a family that is very Christian, right, and they.
Speaker 1: Are really just.
Speaker 8: Pushing it down my throat, this is who you are, and this is who you've been all the time. And I don't think that's who I've been all this time. And my hurt is I don't want to disappoint my mother, especially because she's in a fragile state and all of that and I don't know how to Maybe I don't know how to engage her, in letting her, in disappointing her. Basically, you know, I don't know how to disappoint my mother in her late stage of life and in her celebrating my life in forty years of life. How can I just merge the two. I don't see how that can be accomplished. And that's my that's my hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe so, like maybe this is also not even about the topic.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're good, you're good. We take all topics, but prioritizing theists. But I wanted to give seen an opportunity.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Zamon. Wonderful, Like I'm glad your birthday's coming up, so congratulations or it just passed, you said June twenty fourteenth, right, yeah, seventeen. Congratulations on a big four L it's a big accomplishment. Yeah, when it comes to moms and parents who have had this religion for so long, I'm super hands off. I And this is why I say that, because you have explained that your mom is a bit fragile. And I was actually telling some friends the other day that, like, if I had this conversation about deconstructing with my mom, she would really have a heart attack, and I don't want to cause her pain. So because of that, it is hurtful, right, But I'm putting my deconstruction and I'm in a separate category then with my mom. Right, I'm not merging the two. I will not fake the funk for my mom. Right, I'm not gonna pray over my food. I'm not going to do anything like that. But for the sake of peace, I just don't mention it. That's a boundary that I've created because I love my mom, but I don't want to be disrespected or gas lit, and I don't want to be the cause of causing her any mental or physical anguish. So that's number one. I understand the desire to be open with your mommy, Like, Mommy, I found something new, like a child. I want to share this with you. I feel like we can have a good talk about this. But at the end of the day, it could open something that you just can't close. And if she is, you know, older, she's not going to be here for long. I think the time that you have should be filled with love and joy and whatever family traditions that you guys share as far as I want to stay, as far as like deconstructing, right, Your deconstruction is your journey alone. You don't have to tell anybody about that, and it does not make you lesser or anything. I think that when I first started deconstructing, I actually wanted to shout it to the rooftop. I don't believe in this, like I don't believe in this God. I don't want nothing to do with it, you know.
Speaker 4: But I.
Speaker 3: Realized that this is a personal journey. This is something that I have to take my time with. I don't got to talk to everybody, and that includes my mama.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: It is conflicting right where you do want to say, Mom, I found out that God swallowed up people in Exodus, right and in numbers like I found out that Jesus Christ, you know, was healing slaves and stuff like that, but he won't put shoes on your feet like. I want to talk about these contradictions, Mom, I want to have dialogue, but.
Speaker 9: To what end?
Speaker 8: It's very difficult, I must say. The thing I struggle with the most is just trying to humanize. I don't know humanize my mom and the experience that she's had as a person who's been religious all her life and a person who then told her kids to be that as well. How do I they and maybe not for this platform, but for me myself. How do I then kind of engage and disengage with whatever it is that she's kind of both?
Speaker 3: Do you create boundaries? It is hard. It is hard to create boundaries with a parent at any age, but you do, and only you know how far you can push that. Sometimes it may have to be, Mom, we can't have this conversation, and you may want to put it to where you're saying, I care for your health. I care for your mental health, your physical health. I know that when I bring this up with you, you get a bit rolled up, and I wouldn't use the word rowed up, but like you know, it may strike you in a way where we start to have contention with each other. And I don't want that contention with you, right because I love you. And I was talking about somebody the other night about forgiving my mom for doing the best that she could with what she had at whatever age. I forgave her, but I haven't told her that I've forgiven her, because I don't want her to weaponize my forgiveness so that every time I talk to her, she's like, oh, well you don't believe in this, you don't believe in God? Well what do you believe? Like, I don't need her questioning me every two seconds, right, and then coming back to me and saying I shouldn't have talked to you that way. I'm so sorry. Can you forgive me no right? One step at a time, one day at a time, But you know, trying to have that conversation if you really want to, I say, start small. Something Mama Bash told me that her son Sebastian Cole used to do was ask her a question and just let it marinate and walk away. You're not looking for confrontation, not dialogue. Just our bats birds. Mom, It's good at them.
Speaker 6: Just like that.
Speaker 2: I know for me because I heard you ask like, how do you humanize her? And that was something that I struggle with with my mom because we fought all the time about this God. And it was me seeing her pain that she was going through when she lost my father, because I was looking at her through the lens of she is, you know, a wife that just lost her husband.
Speaker 1: She's our mom. She's also the first lady at the church.
Speaker 2: And I had like all these expectations on how she should handle that grief, what she should do going forward, like with her life.
Speaker 3: And she took us to a.
Speaker 2: Cabin and she was telling us that she was going to get married again. And it's like eight months after my dad died.
Speaker 1: And I was like, why, you can I do what?
Speaker 2: And she took me into the master sweet and she talked to me and.
Speaker 3: Like I, I saw her for the first.
Speaker 1: Time in her pain and.
Speaker 2: I was able to actually see her.
Speaker 1: And then when I had.
Speaker 2: To get my hysterectomy, I had to stay with her and she told me stories about when she was younger and the bullying, the wearing the long skirts, and now I've been able to date and like all of this stuff, and I'm seeing her right she in the in the at the cabin, she said, I went from she said, I don't know anything else.
Speaker 10: She said, I went from my mom and dad to your dad. She said, all I know is my mom and dad, your dad, and God.
Speaker 3: She said, I don't know anything else.
Speaker 2: And I'm seeing her and I'm like, holy shit, that's true that she don't know anything. That's why all she can talk to me about is God. That's her safety, that's and her way of showing me that she loves me is I need to give her who what is me? And that's all that I am and she But the thing is that she couldn't see that it what she was calling love was harming me because that's not that wasn't who I was, and she was not willing to accept it. And so I had to first see her humanness and understand and accept her for who she was first before she could accept and see me, because I had to set the boundaries right, and it was me accepting the fact that she would never be who I needed her to be and I needed to accept her.
Speaker 1: And once I was able to do that, she was able to accept that this is who I am. You know, I saw her.
Speaker 2: Yesterday and it was you know, we've come a very long way.
Speaker 1: We've come a very long way.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: She still loves her God, and she will tell you in a minute she loves her God more than she love her kids, but her actions don't speak that because the fact that you know, she knows that I'm an atheist, she knows that I hold these lines, and she she knows, you know, and she still Like when I was a believer and I was questioning, I was saying the low rebuke deemon, this, what's wrong with you, satan to. Now I'm an atheist and it's hey, baby, and that's not normal for her, you know what I'm saying. So but it took for me to see her humans. It took for me to acknowledge and accept her for who she was, acknowledge that she was a little girl and she was hurt. She was bullied because she was a Christian in school and she had to wear long skirts what other people didn't, and she got beat up for wearing loust guards. And so I had to I'm about to crack because like I had to. I had to, and I said, this is her life. And we've lived two different lives. Like I've traveled the world and she hasn't. And that's so hurtful.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to get.
Speaker 8: The point that you bring across to me as well is so hurtful because I want to I want to carry all my mom's hurts, you know. I want to carry everything that she has not experienced in life. I want to be able to give her something beyond herself. But I cannot see a point where we agree on a religion. I can't see a point we just you know, I can't see a point where religion for her is the first priority. And I'm a sakend priority. And now we have to, like what, just be okay with that? I can't, And that's what's hurtful for me. So I understand what you're trying, like what you're expressing about even your mom and your family situation.
Speaker 3: It's hurtful.
Speaker 8: You know, it's hurtful, and as a black South African woman, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 8: We just carry it slowly but surely, and we just engage in these platforms like this we try to learn. But I don't know if we just doing this for now or yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think, like, first, I don't think that you should try to carry your mother's hearts. I think acknowledging it, acknowledge that she's human, right and that she has had some pain, and that might explain some things, But that doesn't mean that you should have to carry it right, And that doesn't mean that you should be okay or that you have to be okay with her saying that this you know, deity that she's never seen is before you, and that she loves that God before she loves you. You don't have to be okay with that.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: Acceptance is one thing, right, but saying that it's okay approval is another that you know, So I'm not saying that you have to do that. I definitely think that carrying and carrying her pain and trying to usher her into healing or you know, fixing something that you cannot fix, it's it's going to disrupt whatever you're looking for in the deconstruction process, says right, because you can't be her God, and you can't be the sacrifice. You can't be the sacrifice for her, so that she, you know, gets with this God never gave going into it, understanding why she thinks the way she thinks, which is why these conversations are important. And as I was just telling Tom, I was telling them that the for me, the discussion part and getting to the root of it is the most important part because I feel like that's what's going to move the needle. It's because people are gonna start having these realizations and saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is why I think the way I think. This is why my mother my father.
Speaker 2: Thinks, think the way they think. And then being able to gain the courage to set those boundaries as Zeno was talking about earlier and enforce them and you know, learning how to enforce them while at the same time, if it's good maintaining the relationship with the family, sometimes not maintaining that relationship is the best thing for both for both sides. Because we had somebody on stage the other day who said they killed their a non believer just to give a mercy. You got a family member that believes in killing you, so you go to heaven. You don't need to cut that. You know, you ain't got to long suffer with that one. But I think that's what these conversations do. Helped. It helps you kind of like lay out all of your your thoughts and your lived experience on a in front of you and kind of put them in places and go, oh, that's why that's there. Oh no, they don't need to be there, you know what I'm saying. And so yeah, it makes sense, It makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 8: So just thank you, Thank you both for just being able to be a listening year and to try and navigate my thoughts as well, because what you've said a lot here.
Speaker 2: Makes sense.
Speaker 8: It does, It does make a lot of sense, and it's just for me to try and replicate that into my own life and try and figure out where it all fits into trying to not change my family perspective at all, but trying to express myself in a way that maybe they would understand, you know, And that's what I was hoping for. I listen to your lives a lot. I think, I like I listen to your lives a lot. So I hope I've learned enough for me to be able to navigate this on my own and be able to.
Speaker 3: Gain something of it. That's that's my hope, you know. So thank you both, and that'll be me. You got this, don't worry nothing. It's accomplished overnight. Sometimes it takes time, so don't put so much pressure on yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, a lot of time, A lot of time. You got this. Thank you, and you have us, yes, So if you need to come and hollow it us on TikTok, we're gonna talk you through it. I I'm telling you there's been many times that you know, I've needed to talk to somebody and say guess what she did today.
Speaker 3: I was doing that last night of Klow's Live. I was like, y'all let me tell you.
Speaker 4: M mm hm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Parents, man, we love them. Sometimes they push us me. All right, love buck, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Have a good way, thank you.
Speaker 9: Okay, all right, all right, we have our final call. Uh if I can find the call in, I don't lost it on the screen.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go. All right.
Speaker 2: Our final call is Astrara from South Africa. Astra wants to know what's John the Baptist a disciple of Jesus or the other way around.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Hey, Astra, are you.
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 7: I'm getting yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good, so you want to know if sorry go ahead, I'm sorry. Oh no, I was saying.
Speaker 7: I also listening to the last call, and I was like, oh, Samma, I feel me and you someone on the same boat. I understand how you feel. I was just like, see here, I even forgot that I was in the queue this entire time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we've talked several times before.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: On your actually one, why do I feel like I know you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was it was one time.
Speaker 6: I think like two weeks ago, okay.
Speaker 7: With a godless engineer, and then I disappeared.
Speaker 3: It was a memorable Poe call.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay you I was nervous.
Speaker 1: Oh you did good, You did good. You say you want to know if John.
Speaker 2: The Baptist was a disciple of Jesus or the other way around. That's an interesting one. I have a lot of thoughts about Jesus and John the Baptist, But again, I want to give Zena the opportunity.
Speaker 3: So I love this question because I'm a big fan of John the Baptist. Frankly, I think that Jesus was a family of his cousin and he was like, I want to take this stance that Jesus was a disciple of John the Baptist, and the reason being, if I had to put a category, I don't think he was actually a disciple right of either one of them were disciples of each other. But John was out there giving the baptism of repentance. Jesus sought John out, not the other way around. John baptized him under right, He baptized him under forgiveness repentance, and then that is when go ahead, Oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sorry, I wanted to think basically, The reason why I had those questions was I was listening to his stream, uh, because I breathe and drink the atheist experience this this is just my life now. But I was listening to I think it was Justin and Forrest Balci, and they were talking to a theist who was trying to make an argument. How we forgot what the argument was about, but it was about drowning the Baptist and with Jesus. And then Justin was like basically explaining the verses.
Speaker 3: And then I was like.
Speaker 7: Sitting here and I was like, Justin, what are you trying to tell me?
Speaker 2: Actually, what are you trying to tell me? What you say?
Speaker 8: What do you impry?
Speaker 2: Because I was like.
Speaker 4: The the.
Speaker 7: Collar was trying to explain why Jesus was going to see John the Baptist and why he needed to be baptized by John.
Speaker 2: And then and then Justin was like what do you think he was doing?
Speaker 4: When do you think that?
Speaker 6: Was just hanging out like bros, Like what do you think was happening?
Speaker 3: And I was like each other, Okay, you're saying what I think you say.
Speaker 7: I was like, are you saying what I think you're saying?
Speaker 2: Are you trying to tell me this man I was about.
Speaker 7: He's like, what do you think they were doing?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: What did you actually think they were doing? And I even tried reading the verse where.
Speaker 6: Justin was.
Speaker 7: Was couding about he who comes after me has a higher rank than I and has a priority for.
Speaker 6: He insisted before me.
Speaker 7: And he's explained that verse and and explain the other one. But I think I was kind of confused because there was a part where he said that the author of the Bible was talking to John or something like that. Maybe I just didn't understand correctly, But I was like, wait, I need to talk to someone about this because I just I don't understand what's actually happening.
Speaker 2: But I'd love to hear.
Speaker 7: More abspect why you think that Jesus would be a disciple or you would see him as a disciple of John the Baptists, because I know that John the Baptists was so much of a big deal, and I didn't know he was this much of a big deal. But yeah, I'd love to just hear your thoughts about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, and again, not that he was an actual disciple, because it's crazy. John had his own disciples, he had his own ministry. He had his own people so much so that they're the ones who came and got his head right in his body after you know, he was unlive, right, so he had his own violin where Jesus hadn't really quite established himself yet. And like I was saying, it was when John baptized Jesus. You see God in the very few times he's like talking or interacting with the humans, and a New Testament you see him actually saying something. But John was the catalyst when it comes to his birth and his origin.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Elizabeth and Zachary are old in age, but they come from a very unique lineage, right, so you know she's the daughter of Aaron. He's a special of a special priesthood.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: He has such a more of a fantastical I think origin than Jesus does. And then last but not least, I feel like John may have been a real person, like at least maybe historically not actually doing those like miracles, right or anything like that. But maybe he wasn't apocalyptic preacher just like Jesus was. And Jesus kind of stole John's message. So you know, if I'm using the Bible and I'm doing an internal critique. I think that, yeah, John was a threat to Hey Suesday Christo, and I think he appealed to Jesus, appealed to John's authority.
Speaker 4: Is what I think.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Well, because like I was still going I'm such a lazy person, but I was supposed to finish up like a video on Dato over Dogma. That's like where I get most of my knowledge from, by Dan, but Cleannel as well, that's where I get most of my knowledge from. And I was still like sitting here and going through the versus, and I was kind of like wondering, why the.
Speaker 4: What the Jews?
Speaker 7: The Jews sent the priest and the Levi's in John chapter one, verse nineteen, Like why would they need to send priests and Levi's to I'm assuming getting the testimony of John to ask Kim if he's Elijah or ask if he's the Promised Prophet.
Speaker 2: And I'm just assuming, like.
Speaker 4: What was like John.
Speaker 1: Claiming he was the Messiah?
Speaker 7: Was he or were other people claiming that he was a Messiah? That, uh, the the you had to send priests to kind of confirm this to ensure that it's just correct. Is this man the Christ? Is this man Elijah or the Promised Prophet. I found that really fascinating. I was like, what is what was actually happening? Why would they need this information?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like it's it sounds like John is doubting there, right, because they're supposed to have a militant Messiah, and so he sends his disciples. It's like, go, like he's hearing all of this fantastical stuff that Jesus is doing in the city, but he's not doing what the messia is supposed doing. The Messiah who's supposed to be, you know, restoring the kingdom right, and Israel and Judah are supposed to be safe in the land under this Messiah, this militant king. But Jesus is uh, you know, turning water into wine, He's raising the dead, he's healing the sick, like he's doing all this supernatural stuff, right. And John goes, hey, go and ask him like is he the missage?
Speaker 1: Like some change, like is he the most say.
Speaker 2: We doing something different? And Jesus is like, hey, tell him, tell him that I'm raising the dead, I'm healing the sick. Like he tells him like in other words, this is what the Messiah does, and it's kind of like you get this. This is where you start to see that the kingdom what the Messiah was supposed to do. It's not physical he's supposed to He's not supposed to come and fight a physical army. He's not supposed to sit on the physical uh thron.
Speaker 1: This is what the must Sayah is right.
Speaker 2: And then I agree with Zena. I definitely don't think Jesus was necessarily a disciple of John the Baptist.
Speaker 1: I think I think the real like I think the real Jesus was a crook.
Speaker 2: I think he was some thug.
Speaker 1: That had a ganga dudes.
Speaker 2: And he taught he was teaching them some bad stuff, like he taught them to pillot authority. Right like if you if you look at John, John is teaching the Israelizes, Hey, don't be like I can do whatever I want because my daddy is Abraham, all right. He tells them don't explore, he tells the tax collectors, don't exploit people, don't take more than what you're supposed to have. Right, Jesus comes along and Jesus says he is Salvation has come to your house today because you are a chown of Abraham. He does the exact opposite of what John was teaching, right, And then he's when he's talking to when the when the tax collectors come to him, uh uh to get taxes, and uh they asked, Peter, do yo, why don't show teacher paying taxes? Like they're noticing Jesus is not paying taxes. He's bucking the system, he's not paying taxes. And then Peter gets home and Jesus like it, says, oh, Jesus already knew that that conversation happened, right, and so uh, he says, Peter, let me ask you a question. Do the officials charge their sons taxes or just the others?
Speaker 1: Like, do the sons pay or just others?
Speaker 2: And Peter go all for show others for show they ain't taxing their son. And then Jesus is like, okay, listen, the sons are free, and so just so that we don't defend them, we don't offend them, We're gonna.
Speaker 1: Go get this coin and go fish it out of the sea and.
Speaker 2: Go pay Like this was Jesus saying, notice that the kings of the earth don't charge their sons, how much more you think God.
Speaker 1: Gonna charge his sons.
Speaker 2: The sons are free. Salvation has come to you because you are in the Israelite you are a son of Abraham. Fuck all that what John was talking about. He did something completely different than what John todd. But there is any aparkryphal tax of John the baptizer. John the baptizer does not want to baptize Jesus. He literally says to him, like, dude, you are leadingly Israelized astray. He literally says that, and then he's like, uh. He calls him the deceiver, and he gives him this test right and uh. He said, if you can answer these three if you can answer these three questions, I'll baptize you, because because what Jesus keeps saying is and baptize me by the name that you invoke, make me your disciple, and I'll put you in my gospel. He said, I'll write you in my gospel. And uh, John doesn't want.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 2: He gives him a test and three ans, three questions, and what Jesus does he plays on words, how can a virgin become a virgin again? Oh, a virgin can become a virgin again if he if she die, if she go to heaven, and don't have sex in heaven like like he like plays on words. How can a blind man become uh, I mean, how can a stamora become a good speaker or something like? He? Oh, a stamura can come as a good speaker when he when he writes poetry like he.
Speaker 1: Plays on words.
Speaker 2: And then this dove, this voice comes out and goes John baptized the deceiver. This voice tells John the baptizer to baptize the deceiver. And John baptizes Jesus. And this is in the.
Speaker 1: Uh, the apocryphal text Colle John the baptized.
Speaker 2: And so we know that John John's disciples didn't necessarily they did not like the followers of Jesus. They did not think that Jesus was the Messiah. They did not think that Jesus was divine. M And so yeah, I think I don't think that he was a disciple of John the Baptist. I think he if if this person did exist, there was this man named Yes, well, I think he built a crew of thugs.
Speaker 1: And tried to join John John's crew.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 7: Wow, this sounds like the.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying from what I.
Speaker 1: Don't be commonly this is what.
Speaker 2: No stop it, no, stop it.
Speaker 3: I mean thinking about it.
Speaker 2: He told them how to still a donkey using authority, like using keywords. He's like, hey, yeah, he says, use these words. It's the way he says it, right, And he's like, hey, you're going to see a donkey tied in in in the city untied when you get in there. And if if anybody asks what you're doing, just say these words because he knows, right, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And when I'm listening to you talk and you're talking about how he basically plays on these words, it just seems like even even in the New Testament, you see Jesus please on these words. He's like, he's very vague about these things. Everyone he's told me about his parables, He's not really giving a straightforward answer. And it just feels like this was like at least it was even with a popupher like that seems like a very I guess, a consistent trait with the Jesus character.
Speaker 3: And it just reminds me back with Justin.
Speaker 7: When he was talking about Jesus being a feel prophet, and I think he was talking about was it a sire as I chapter seven seven, he said.
Speaker 2: Seven age and nine.
Speaker 7: I forgot what it was about, because that's sure have memory loss, But it was something about I think it was about the king of the king of what's his name, has that has a Kiah, has a Kia something like that, And I think it was about yes, and I think it was about uh that him as a king, I think him being born and him being a.
Speaker 3: King of Israel.
Speaker 7: And then basically kind of Jesus kind of taking giving the prophet Asaiah out of context and you see that happen, and even with Matthew kind of misquoting certain, uh certain verses and saying, oh, this is from Jeremiah, whereas it's actually in Zachariah, and you're just it's just like sitting there and you're like, huh.
Speaker 3: And and when you even read with.
Speaker 4: The Book of John, I.
Speaker 7: Just it just made me wonder why they had to kind of make this like, uh disclaimer, if I could say, of just just to make sure everyone is like on power, Like John the Baptist is not the Messiah. So I'm just gonna write this, why just just so you know he's not the Messiah. So you just it's a very clear that he is not. So it seemed like there was there was that quite competition happening at that time where you know, we we we were.
Speaker 5: Of course today we think that Jesus was the only Messiah.
Speaker 7: And then when you learn more of the history, it's just like, oh, John practice, wasn't just some man.
Speaker 6: Who was like, yeah, Jesus, he is cool.
Speaker 3: I like him.
Speaker 7: You know, it has long hair for no damn reason.
Speaker 2: He looks cute. Why not.
Speaker 7: It's like there was that competition happening, and that you know, there was the I guess the clash between the followers and the different creatures. But wow, I never knew anything about that approprphe Like, wow, it just it feels like learning something I'm not supposed to know.
Speaker 2: That's how it felt when I was reading it, because we were told not to read outside the Bible. I'm like, when I saw that it called Jesus the Deceiver, I was like.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're coming across.
Speaker 2: Is that watching me read this?
Speaker 3: I was no way.
Speaker 2: I was so shocked. Like some more I learned.
Speaker 7: I think my favorite one was the test was the Testimony of Truth.
Speaker 2: I think I was watching who.
Speaker 4: Was this lady.
Speaker 7: I think it was Elaine Peggles. She I think she's a Second Temple scholar, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: And she was talking about the.
Speaker 2: Testimony of truth.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, she was talking about Satan, the origins of Satan and where Satan, the idea of Satan came from.
Speaker 6: And she was talking about the testimony of truth.
Speaker 7: And how uh Jesus was considered like uh, the serpent in the garden, like Jesus Christ was seen as the serpent in the garden, and and and God was the dormy age.
Speaker 3: I was like, what what is going on?
Speaker 7: Son? What's happening y'all? These who have guts? I could never ever, even in a million years a million years, put that and that together. That that's thoseles wrong to my indoctrinated mind, that.
Speaker 4: Was so wrong.
Speaker 2: Al But what Yeah, Well, did you have anything else ash around? I think it was a great conversation. We've reached the end of the show. Did you have any anything else you wanted to add before we go?
Speaker 7: Oh? No, I don't have anything else. But thank you for taking in, Michael.
Speaker 2: You're so welcome. Thank you for calling in. I hope you have a great rest of the day.
Speaker 6: Of course, thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 2: All right, I do want to read the super chat right quick, Dinna, do you have access to the superjest?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Hold on, where would I find that out? It would be in the doc.
Speaker 2: I don't know if oh no, no, okay, So we have AG nine ninety nine the nerves are here to support. Thanker and Zena.
Speaker 1: We love you all.
Speaker 2: Thank you AG for your support as always. Nineteen ninety nine, Jay whis sick with the hell Satan, Thank you so much. Jay whis sick. Luke Riley with the two dollars. No craping for Jesus. Yeah, keep your pants on, go to the bathroom, used tissue, wash your hands and nine ninety nine Satan was framed. Thinker, I love when you retell Bible stories. I'm Anita think her voiceover for the Bible. Thank you, Satan's frame. I appreciate you so much. All right, y'all is time we want to thank our back up for helping out tonight.
Speaker 1: Hello, Jamie, I mean, what did I call you?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Kelly? I am so you know what I called Jamie h Kelly the last time I was on the show, Because.
Speaker 3: You look like a Jamie to me, he does look like a Jamie, and you're gonna and you're gonna always be in my head, and don't take it the road way.
Speaker 2: You will always be Jamie Jimmy because it looked like your name should be Jamie or Jimmy.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry, but that's fine.
Speaker 11: And we both have androgynous names too, so that to make it even more confusing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. But from the first day that I met you, you were in my head. You were you were Jamie, and I keep having trouble getting that.
Speaker 11: Well, if you call me Jamie, I won't take it personally.
Speaker 2: I understand I have named I have name blindness. To trust me, they know I have. It's been like that my whole life. My I think I got it from my unteaching. Like she'll call people Jesus. Suld be like Jesus. I mean, like so, but thank you so much for being a beackapos. Did you have any thoughts on the show?
Speaker 11: You know, they're just a couple of things. Mostly it was from Tom's call, right, and you mentioned that when you were taking calls, and the young men seem to be different than the young women. I think that society and our culture. I mean, you look at the movies and some of the TV shows, meant young boys are kind of conditioned to be that way. I hate to say it, you know, but uh, I mean like I kind of felt that way when I was sixteen and seventeen.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 11: Fortunately for me, I learned that, but uh yeah, I mean it seems like our culture kind of like steers young men into that direction. Maybe because they need cannon fodder. I don't know, but you know, but that seems to be. And then you were talking about teaching as you get older, and obviously I'm older, And what I found is that instead of telling people, hey, this was the right way to do it, I found it if I say something that a lot more chill, like, you know, I found it if I do it this way, it seems like it's a lot easier for me to.
Speaker 4: Do, you know.
Speaker 11: And it seems like I create less friction when I'm teaching people how to do things. So I think it's just you need to be mindful of what to say to people.
Speaker 4: I think that's about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, yeah. I think relatable experience is the most powerful then commanding or giving advice.
Speaker 11: M Yeah, right, exactly exactly. Yeah, so that was about it and asking questions, Always ask questions. That was for our second caller. I can't remember her name unfortunately, but I didn't write it down like an idiot. But yeah, always keep asking questions, and I always ask peop people who have deconstructed how they started on their path. Number one answer, I started asking questions. You can never ask too many questions.
Speaker 2: Absolutely what Badge says, questions.
Speaker 1: Are the gods to the answers.
Speaker 3: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Zina, how can people find out more about you and allow like share your contact information?
Speaker 3: Yes, you can find me right here on TikTok. I am right now live with Aca down here near Thinkers, so you can hit that follow. But in there, I am trying to crank up my YouTube, so bear with me, y'all. I am going to get together. That is going to be Zena May point two Xena May point two, so you can find me on those platforms and pretty soon coming to a place on the phone near you. I will be starting on Instagram, so watch out for that announcement. That announcement as well. So thank you for asking, Thank you so much for being here today.
Speaker 1: Kelly, I appreciate you, thank you too.
Speaker 2: You both were great.
Speaker 11: I totally appreciate the two of you. You were amazing, both of you todays.
Speaker 1: So thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you for that opportunities. I appreciate everybody out there and TikTok Land and in YouTube lend.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: Everyone. We'll see y'all next week. We are here Sundays at four thirty PMS. Interesting in time until next time.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thanker, thank you Kelly, thank you, I alack.
Speaker 4: We start a.
Speaker 2: Stop today the well ship every thanks say y'all welcome.
Speaker 3: All day.
Speaker 11: Watch Talk Ethan Live Sundays at one pm Central. Visit tiny dot c c slash y t t H and call into the show at five one two nine nine one nine two four two, or connect to the show online at tiny dot c c slash call th H