Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray. I'm going easy Boston's new radio.
Speaker 2: I'll renumber three of Nightside without Dan Ray. I'm Morgan Morgan White Junior. Been a part of the WBZ landscape, oh my goodness, going back to nineteen ninety five, ninety six. And I've been lucky enough to fill in for Dan all this week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, last Night, Thursday, Tonight, Friday, and I have my own show on Saturday that begins tomorrow at ten o'clock for the last time, I am pushed to nine o'clock beginning the first show of the year, and as well, I'll be here next Monday and Tuesday for Dan. So I have a lot of time in front of this microphone. And I met this gentleman, No Goodree, fifteen sixteen years ago. He worked for the City of Newton. I always emphasize that Newton is a city, not a town, not a hamlet, not a community, a city and we're gosh, dar, I'm proud of that designation. And he was the head of the police department in the City of Newton, and periodically, even though he retired about two years ago, I still call upon him to come on the radio when there's a subject I feel he can address. So please welcome Lieutenant Bruce Apothecar Hi Bruce, Hi Morgan.
Speaker 3: How are you today?
Speaker 2: I am fine? And are you comfortable people still calling you lieutenant even though you retired a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: You know, it's interesting many people do call me that. Even when I was working in I was a lieutenant. I used to tell people just you know, if they were a suborder of mine, I would say, you know, just call me by my first name, Bruce, and some people, you know, I feel comfortable by that name lieutenant. Some people call me lt. But in the end, uh, I'm just a regular guy. Uh, a boy from Rushbury and Georgester to make it pretty good. But I want to wish everybody before we start. I wanted with everybody happy, uh, New Year, Merry Christmas, happy Hanukah and uh. I always like to start up by saying the real heroes up there are the ones in uniform, police, fire, first responders, truly doctor and you know even people who were the uniform, someone in the custodial staff. You know, people that are always helping others, and so I always say they're out there for us. And it's nice if we can always be there for them.
Speaker 2: You say LT for lieutenant. Uh, that was the way that a couple of the police under Lieutenant Van Buren on Lauren Order referred to her. And Benjamin Brett, his character, used to always call her LT. So maybe that's where they got it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's interesting, you know. I go back to like nineteen eighty three, and I can remember when I was first a rookie going into the station and the lieutenant who will be in charge of the ship, people are calling him Lou. So I thought that was his name, Lou. But you learned mighty quickly. And I know, I don't know if I'll fight it at Hotma Store, but I know some people in Newton will call their lieutenant Lootie. So just different variations. But in the end, it's all the same, and we all worked for the common goal of helping others.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad you mentioned nineteen eighty three. In nineteen eighty three, the bad guys, the criminals, the thieves out there had not thought of making a duplicate copy of your mortgage and making it look like on paper that you sold your house that wasn't on somebody's mind in nineteen eighty three that came along, and I'm thinking mid to late nineties to the beginning of the two thousands. But that's just another way that the bad guys trying to find a way to steal from you without putting a gun to your head. And one of the reasons I want you tonight, I want you to talk about some of the scams and con artists and circumstances where Joe and Jane Citizen have their property taken from them.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, someone's more likely than not to have the house broken that the taking property. When I first got on the job, chest at a mall, and I believe the Braintream all was the too highest areas of stolen cars, stolen vehicles, and I can remember there's probably maybe once a shift the chests in the mall. You take a report of a stolen car, and and you know, things evolved. Car alims. It's just you know, there's video out there and it's just a whole really of different things, but it's the same thing like with the mortgage scams and all that. Things were always evolving. I think what the legislature should do, and I'm surprised they haven't done it yet. Somehow try to work on the front end of that, and so someone just can't file a title without you know, maybe showing proper identification or certain things that would ward off anything like a title being stolen. But you know what, there's and we've talked about this on many occasions. Just when you think you've seen it all, there's always another scam out there, and we all remember it all seems sosided. You know, years ago, remember the Nigerian scams where a prince would email you and say, you know he needs money. You give him a ten thousand dollars, he'll he promised he's going to give you a millionaire return. So there's just something I can remember over the years, having so of the supermarkets and Newton would contact us and say that, you know, we have someone who's been here for less a couple of days. They an elderly person and they're requesting money orders, you know, ten thousand dollars, fifteen thousand dollars and they're going to send it to somebody. So we would work with them, and I can remember one particular woman that you know, we spoke to the family and they were aware that she was, you know, being scammed out and what did she do the next day She went back and she did another money order. So yeah, it's a it's a tough thing out there, but you know, very fortunate. I always said working in Middlesex County U D. A. Ryan Middlesex DA Ryan does a fantastic job. Goes around the different senior centers, goes around to different cities and towns within Middlesex County and makes a lot of people, a lot of seniors aware of these scams. And by working again on the front end the police and the prosecution, I won't have to deal with it on the back end.
Speaker 2: I have a break roughly about sixty seconds away, and I'm going to open up the phone line six four ten thirty eight eight eight nine to nineteen thirty. If you have been scammed, or even if you have heard of a scam, somebody in your office the old we've kidnapped your grandchild and unless we get X amount of dollars, you'll never see them again. Meanwhile, your grandchild's at home watching NFL football. If you want to speak to any of those scams, call in. I guarantee you the lieutenant will have heard of any scam you can mention, and by mentioning them, you're helping all the people listening to Nightside right now be more aware of what to look out for, what not to do, to just have their life go much more smoothly and simply. So give us a call. Six point seven two five four ten thirty eight eight eight nine two nineteen thirty. This is Nightside. I'm Morgan filling in for Dan Ray. I've got Lieutenant Pruss Apothecar, former lieutenant in the City of Newton, and he's here with me to help you at home. Time and temperature ten point fifteen thirty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Dan is off tonight. He'll be off Monday and Tuesday, returning on Wednesday. To this microphone here at Nightside. My name Morgan White Jr. Periodically they call me into filling for Dan when Dan is off, and I do the best I can. I have a huge drolodex of great guests. I try to repeat them every two or three months because they represent stories and comments to help you. Right now, I've got Lieutenant Bruce Hypotheca and Bruce, can you speak to the scam that I mentioned before where somebody will call you and say they've got your child or grandchild hostage, and a lot of people panic and do what this mysterious caller says, and they send thousands to wherever they're told to get the safety of the kid back.
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely, yeah. I actually had it happened to me one night. I was in my home and the phone ring and it said the uh, I forget we're in Georgia, but Georgia police apartment, and they said that my daughter was arrested and that I needed to send some money to help bail her out. And knowing that my daughter was in the next one sleeping, I uh, you know, I actually you know, I said to the guy, you get the wrong one, brother, But uh, in all honesty, that does happen. That was a common one, uh a few years ago where somebody would call up all of a sudden, a h A younger boye would get on the phone and say like grandma, grandpa and you know then whoever was was the grandmother and grandfather of someone. They would say like you know, Mary, is that you and then presson would get back on the phone, say yes, we have Mary. He's under arrest, and you know, we don't want it to be held in these conditions. So if you want to, you know, she arned five thousand, ten thousand dollars to bill them up. And I can remember one day there was a woman who got a phone call saying that her husband was involved in a crash and they had gone out of the car. You know, the people that she was talking to to exchange papers, and they put them in the trunk of the car and now they're driving around with them. Unless she gives them thousands of dollars, they were going to have them. So she called her husband's cell phone and he always answers the cell phone, but he didn't answer he that day, and she tried them through up the day, and finally she gave money to these people and then they called back saying they wanted more and lo and behold, her husband calls her on the other line is says, you know, honey, how are you know I got to uh turn my uh ringer on. So if you are want to these scammers and you send out thousands of phone calls a day, all it takes is one person for them to have hit the lottery, right, So you know, you never give any money.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Always contact the police department always.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And and you know something, there are a lot of people listening right now that have elderly parents. And this isn't you know, accrus with elderly people, but it seems like that's who they pray on. But you know, have these conversations with them. And I you know, I'll say it ten times and I've said it before. You gotta work on the front end. So whether it's an elderly parent that shouldn't be driving a vehicle, whether it's an elderly parent that may be starting to wane in the memory. Uh, and cognitively, you know, you just want to have these conversations with them and say, listen, you know, if you get these phone calls, don't do anything. If you get any emails, don't do anything. Never give out your information. If somebody says it with a bank and they need your bank social security and your bank number, you know, tell them to call you first, to call the police, just to verify it.
Speaker 2: Everybody panics when they hear these three letters I R S. The I R S does not call you. They communicate with paper correspondents. That's their first extension to you. So if someone's calling and saying, I'm with the I R S. My name is Agent Jones. You need to do X, Y and Z because you O A, B and C B scam Alert, you're being scammed. Yep.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, But again, when you phone thousands of people today, all they're hoping for is that one person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and it makes it worth.
Speaker 1: While, yep.
Speaker 3: And it's very difficult to track down a lot of the people. A lot of times they may be operating out of another country and you know, people sending money orders to doing other ways of getting them the funds that they're requesting. So never ever give it out. And that's why again I go back to d a Ryan and she's working on the front of this for many years, going to the senior set, is talking to different people, having people in the banking industry show up and talk at some of these seminars. But don't ever give anything. That's that's the rule. Don't ever give anything out, money, your information, any any sort of something that's private to you. And because again they'll, uh, they'll just take advantage of it and they'll run with it. And the next thing you know you're thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: Ninety Sure it's a ripoff. Let me go to West Roxbury. Take Catherine who was called in to speak to you, Lieutenant Bruce of Africa.
Speaker 5: Catherine, Hello, Hi, Hi'm Morgan. I really love your show. First of all, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: And you're describing what happened to me. This was probably at least four or five months ago, and a lawyer called and said that he had my grandson and that my grandson was involved in an auto accident with a pregnant woman and he was going to be kept overnight in jail unless I sent seven thousand dollars, and because I was not going to do that immediately, I knew not to, but it scared me half to death. And then they put the voice on, which all young people sound the same to me anyway, and he sounded just like my grandson. But I still didn't do anything. And then I and they said, oh, don't call Oh the young boy said, don't call my mother. Don't whatever you do, don't call her, which is what I was going to do my daughter. But finally when they hung up, I called my other grandson and he immediately said, it's a scam, don't do anything. And I didn't know who to call to tell that it had happened. Now that you said, call the police. If it ever happens again, which it hasn't, I will do that. But I did call back. The man gave me his phone number, the lawyer, and I called back and he answered, and I said, are you really lying? And he hung right up on me, and that was the end of it.
Speaker 3: Ruce, Well, consider yourself lucky, but that has happened. You know, you want the loan in that And I'm sure there are other people that that phone call was made that day that actually probably gave him some money.
Speaker 5: Oh two days I saw the same thing on the news in the evening and mine was seven thousand. On the news they it went up to nine thousand. I don't know if it was the same man, but it was the same scam, and the woman gave it to them. They came to it was a young girl. She came to her house and picked up the money and they got away with it. But I think they did catch the girl. But yeah, it was very frightening, and I'm so glad I called my other grandson. I had to do something. I just couldn't. I couldn't let it go. I wasn't no way was I going to give them seven thousand, I said, do you expect me to go with seven thousand dollars I pocketbook or my pocket.
Speaker 2: You should not give them seven cents. You should not get them again.
Speaker 5: Never you work hard for your money, That's right. No, no, I would now never fall for anything like that. But I should have had the rest number, and I should have called the police. At least they would have had his number, you know, and it was fresh enough so that he answered my phone call, so chances are he would have answered the police. So now that I know that, and I hope I never get another one, but if I do, it's good to know exactly what to do.
Speaker 2: Catherine, Thank you for sharing. Thank you for sharing that story.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Catherine. I'm glad that you never ended up by giving him any money.
Speaker 5: Happy New Year to you, Okay, Happy New Year to you too.
Speaker 4: Both Happy.
Speaker 2: And Bruce. Go back two four ten years. You're sitting at your desk and Catherine called you that this has happened. What do you, as the representative of the police in Newton, what do you do when she gives you the number. Who's someone that's trying to pull this scam.
Speaker 3: Well, what we would do is we would have an officer speak to her. We would have an officer look up that phone number. You can get any information on it. See most likely it's probably a throwaway phone. Sometimes they can go over the internet and they can put in any number they want. That's why when someone calls up, think with me, I saw you know what the George of police departments. They can make it look like it's anybody you can. You know how many times a day do we all get these stam phone calls? And they can be on thet they can put it in any phone number they want. There was a while a few years ago, I must have got three or four phone calls within an owl. It was my phone number calling me. I recognize that number. But yeah, again, just when you think that you can then you've seen them all as another one. But again, they could be a million different scams. But you never give out your information. You never give in any money never. So no matter how, no matter how do you scam changes by not giving out any personal information, I'll giving out any money. They're going to go on to the next call and that's what you want.
Speaker 2: You want them not to pester you, but go away and try someone else and hopefully they'll be smart enough not to fall for it. I've got a news hit to take and when we come back from the news, we have Maryland and Watertown. So Maryland, be patient. We'll get to you quite shortly. Here on Night Side. Well, the time is ten thirty thirty five degrees.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of exposing scams. I've got former Lieutenant Bruce apothecar Arm with me. He was a lieutenant in the city of Newton. He was there. Did you say eighteen years of service? Bruce?
Speaker 3: Uh, thirty nine thirty nine.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know where I get eighteen thirty nine years of service. And we're talking about some of the more often used scams, carns, hustles that are out there. And let's go to Watertown and speak to Maryland. Maryland, thank you for calling. Welcome to Night's Side.
Speaker 4: Hey, I don't have an exciting story to tell you, but I had to call because this is my two favorite people. So I had to call and I respected you as a lieutenant, but I you know, I know you was Bruce, and I don't know how many Maryland Jane Bruce, but this is Marylynd Potito de Vienni and I lot.
Speaker 6: I know you.
Speaker 4: I didn't know how many Maryland or knew. But anyway, I got a call a couple of years ago and it was a young man and it was a voice I would say probably about sixteen. But like you, Bruce, my phone number came up. I thought that was a little strange. And he said, he says, Grandma, I was, you know, I was, I was raised or anything in my car and I got stopped and and I'm at the police station, and I don't want my mother and father to know. Could just send me some money? And I said, uh gee, I don't think I would send it all the way to Long Island, New York. I said, thanks for the call. My grandson. My grandson was out of college at that time, and I knew, you know, it was a young boys, and you know, I knew it was a scam. But I have to tell you I didn't call a police because I didn't figure they could do anything. Is that isn't is that right?
Speaker 3: What could have been done?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: And all that's who auty. You know, if they attempted h then is the chances of finding someone's probably very slim. But you know, we do like to know though, because see what trends are going on out there, because then you can educate the public by notifying us, uh the police. Now I was there, but by notifying the police, they can put out, you know, a local advisories.
Speaker 4: So if yeah, yeah, that's that's that's what it is. I should have I should have done that. I should have done that. But anyway, but no, it's always a pleasure of seeing you at all the events and Newton and this is my favorite, one of my favorite programs. I wish you were on more ROF and I listened to you all the time.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Let me just say, Morgan Maryland is a true h a true local hero. She's a community uh activist. You see her everywhere and you might I don't know, Maryland, you want to say what you do for our work?
Speaker 4: Absolutely I had Morgan, I have to tell you. He brought it up. I wasn't going to say. I was an elected governors council of for thirty two towns and cities from AYR to Boston for twenty five years and I got defeated after twenty five years in September. Yeah, and you know, I didn't fight the lies. I took the high road. And you know when I saw those commercials with those governor candidates for New Hampshire, you know, each calling each other a liar, I couldn't do it. And so my friends are angry. I said, they said you should have bought those lives, and I said, I just couldn't do it. So that's the new politics today, and it's said, it's said, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it's not new in mudslinging and purposely lying about something in regards to your opponent is elections and elections and elections old. But let me ask you this. Are you is this a two year term or a four year term.
Speaker 4: It's a two year term. And I've been elected twenty five years and I've had twenty three opponents through the years. I have the most active from Brookline and Newton and you know all of them, and so there's always someone that's active and you know is going to run. And so I'm proud of the I made a lot of changes and I promised that. So I'm proud of that. But like I said, you know, my friends are angry because she ran on abortion, and we don't vote on abortion. We vote on people, you know, parole board, appel, a tax board. We vote on judges, clerk, magistrates. So you know, I took the high road and that's it. But Broce, you are so kind.
Speaker 3: To even think of me.
Speaker 4: But I see Bruce everywhere and I live in watter Town. But my rusa Newton. When my mother she was a Danucci and when she came from Italy, her family lived in Newton, and my cousin was Joe Denucci, the estate editor. So I have a special feeling. And my mother's oldest brother was one of the originators Bruce of the Saint Maria Common. And that's been going on what for eighty eight years or something, And you know, I'm there every July walking the streets and it's you know, we walk up the statue. It was a wonderful thing we have. They have a wonderful carnival. It's just isn't a Bruce. Isn't it great that the younger people have kept it up?
Speaker 3: You know, really, you know, it was King's the lot over the years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Maryland, I want you to register to run again in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Focus, you know, focus on your focus, on your highs, focus on your highs, and you'll get that job back again.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, you're very kind and Morgan. I wish you were on more often. Your your shows are so interesting and this is the first time I've got in, but I had to talk to both of you. And Bruce is the most loved in Newton. And yes he is still called lieutenant, but he let me call him Bruce, right, Bruce, absolutely, Marylyn.
Speaker 2: I'm in the middle of eight days of shows out of nine Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and I'm gonna I'm gonna be whipped to come next Tuesday, but I'm gonna make it to the finish line. I promise. I'm going to do the best.
Speaker 4: Great great, Well, I'm listening, okay, and stay healthy you and Bruce and Bruce. How wonderful that we celebrated Christmas in Honka the same day you said it wasn't that wonderful this year?
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. I think the last one was in the nineteen nineties, No, two thousand and five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I got to tell you. This was my twenty fifth Honka celebration in the state House and I went in with the governor and I was wanted to speak. It's a wonderful, wonderful celebration.
Speaker 2: Mary Maryland. No one I can vote for you living in Newton in twenty twenty six. You got my vote.
Speaker 4: Well I will see, but listen. I hope you have a healthy, happy new Year, both your families too. And I'm going to keep listening and I'll see you soon.
Speaker 1: And Bruce, I know.
Speaker 2: Maryland. Best yea to you for twenty twenty five. Bye bye, call Emily and Norwood. You're next here at night Side. Welcome You've got Lieutenant Bruce of Potter.
Speaker 6: I nice to talk to you. I I first called about the topic about the scams. I am unemployed currently, but I was working for the elderly. And I have to tell you I've worked from Needham, Newton, Chesna Hill, Westwood, Norwood, lots of different towns. But this is a very heartfelt and with all of our families. I'm currently I just turned my birthday was Christmas forty four. But thank you and uh, I have to say it's a very big, widespread issue with these scams and they get you coming, going up, down and sideways. And I just wanted to say, the more exposure about it and the more we talked about it, and exactly what was being said about anybody younger, you know, if you work for somebody, if you have a neighbor, if you have family members, just like email, phone calls, it's something that it can be very tricked about and trips up on. My mom has fell prey to it, a lot of family members, a lot of my ex clients that I used to work for. Emails is a big thing, phone calls. And also I wanted to introduct to Bruce that I have a married last name, but my former name with Downing, so Hugh Downing and Leo Downing, I know my uncle my father yep, yep. So I just wanted to stay hi and just reaching out and thank you for being an advocate for this topic. And that's kind of It's it's a very the more exposure even in the mail, like it came up about the I R s like they'll only reach out to you and the male, but like females and phone calls and especially the elderly or target like and it's just it's really upsetting to see people lose their life savings thinking somebody is being taken advantage of and or held hostage or in jail and they're losing everything.
Speaker 3: So very very set Also is that so many people, so many elderly and even you younger people, when they have been scammed, they don't tell anybody because they're embarrassed of what happened. And so the true statistics we can never get because of the people that will never even come forward and make that information known to us. But again, you know, you are an advocate. It's everybody's going to be an advocate for somebody else, especially you know, those who we know that a potential scam victim. We just got to talk to them. You talked about you know, like na, this time of year, there are a lot of people, you know, there's nothing worse than loneliness and someone and helplessness. And this time of year, you know, the holiday season, it's nice to reach out to someone. If you have an elderly neighbor, you might want to check in on them during a snowstorm. Just want to be able to have that sort of contact with them that they know that they're not alone. And that's the biggest thing of all because you know, we always talk about protecting our property, but first and foremost, we have to protect ourselves and each other. And if we don't protect others, you know, property is one thing again and scams one thing, but we got to make sure that we're staying connected to people that have no connection to others. And there's nothing more important than that. You know, many times they do statistics and a lot of people think that suicide rate this time of year is among the highest during the holidays. It's actually not. The University of Pennsylvania did a study a couple of years back and actually, uh, December is of all the months, it's the Uh it's the lowest month of suicides. They say Jules the first. But again, helplessness, loneliness, it's just, uh, it's just something that people need, that connection and if we can give it to them, and you know, part of it advising them about these scams, having them contact you, contact the police, that will go a long way and uh stemming uh the tide of all these scams.
Speaker 6: And I think that's a good point to be made. Is like you can live next door or across the street from somebody. But that's like the outreach. It's on you and it's on all of us.
Speaker 2: Is the like, Emily, are you still there? I don't know what is cutting out calls? That's a thing a time this has happened. Well, anyone else who wants to call in. I've got maybe eight minutes left with Lieutenant Bruce Apothecar here on night side and time in temperature ten forty eight thirty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Life Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Lieutenant Bruce Hypotheca is here, and he and I have done radio good Grief forever, and I honestly can't tell you if this is your fourteenth or twenty fourth appearance with me, Bruce. One of those numbers is close one of them.
Speaker 3: And let's just hope the uh, the numbers that I played tonight on the Mega Megas will be the winner. So me and you'll go on vacation.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no, I've got the winning numbers. I've got the I've got the winners, and then you and I will go on vacation and buy property for five hundred and fifty million dollars something as an island or a chunk of land would be for sale. You know, we'll be the Kings.
Speaker 3: I was selling the clerk tonight as I was playing my numbers. You know, it gives you a few minutes to dream. That's the you know, the chance of winning. We know what the chances are, but at least it gives you a few minutes to dream. And nothing better than that.
Speaker 2: I know they say you have one and three hundred and thirty million chants. No, I have a one on one chance me and luck.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: I always wondered, well they if somebody came in there to the lottery headquarters and gave them the three hundred and something million dollars to cover every number, would they take it? Or do as every number have to go through the machine.
Speaker 2: I'm sure somebody tried to play every number. I don't know how long it would take for that machine to spit out the ticket with one to one two three four five six one two three four five seven one two three four five eight whatever.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it could be done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think though.
Speaker 2: Every Tuesday and every Friday, Yeah, before before we go off down dream Land Lane, is there another scam that we haven't touched on just with the final three minutes of having it before go before I have to go to news.
Speaker 3: Well, you know there's always you know, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen. You'll have somebody knocking your door. They'll say there with the city water department, the city sore h with one of the utilities, and they need to check something in your basement and is you know, you go in and you take them down the basement. Meanwhile, someone else comes into the home. Off they were with two to begin with, one stays upstairs and then when they leave, next thing you know, you've had some property that was stolen. But again, let anybody in your house. Never comes to your house and comes to your door and they want to get in, has to see their identification. And then if they were the city water to pope, contact the city water, contact the police, debout and say there's someone here that is claimed to be a city worker. It won't take the Office of more than a couple of minutes to get there and can verify if the story is correct. And meanwhile, if you tell them they're gonna you're gonna contact the police before you open the door. And you look and you see them running down the streets. Good chances a scam.
Speaker 2: There's another scam that starts the same way. They pull up to your house and the signage on the truck says paving or or tree trimming service ever, and they claim they just did your neighbor's house around the corner. They've got extra material and they thought maybe with the look of your property, you might need some paving in your driveway. That is a scam. Don't fall for it. You call when you want the people to trim your bushes, you call when you want paving.
Speaker 3: Right because all they'll do is, oh, yeah, there's certain names are the people that go around and do that. But what happens, uh, you just say, you know, say they'll love extra you know, asphalt and all they really don't. They they're basically painting your driveway with the I can't remember the word now, the seiler. So they're just sealing your driveway and it's basically painting it. And you wrote five hundred thousand, two thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars right because they I'll give you a bonus deal right now because I'm here and I've got the stuff on my truck. Don't fall for that, but people do want people fall for that.
Speaker 3: What people need to do is everybody's pretty well educated now about going on the internet. You go on and you type in current scams, how I'm how, how am I going to be scammed? You do your own homework and there's a plethora of information out there that will help protect you and you won't be surprised by anything. And again, let your family, your neighbors, friends know. He goes, you know, you saw, you know, maybe you want to go on the incident. Let me just say about a new scam I saw out there, because eventually you'll get that phone call, and if you already know it's out there, you won't be surprised and you can just hang up on them.
Speaker 2: Bruce May twenty twenty five. I tell this to everybody I meet, be your best year ever. You deserve it.
Speaker 3: So to you, my friend and Trauba people are getting out there in uniform. God bless you make it home safe tonight, and good night everybody.
Speaker 2: Lieutenant Brusa Poskar, thanks for being here with me on night's side. One more hour ago, we're going to talk about breakfast cereals with Topherrellis. After these messages and news. Time and temperature ten fifty eight thirty five degrees