Speaker 1: Cassy around. This is the seventy seven WABC Mini.
Speaker 2: Cast Byron Donalds. Right, a Trump back congressman, will face David Jolly, a Republican turned Democrat and a strong critic of President Trump, in Florida's governor's race in November. I thought America was a racist country. Into a racist country. Always so much racism, So Hoddles Byron Donalds. An African American win the Republican nomination and for what the last thirty years, the Republican that wins in the primary goes on to be the governor of the great State of Florida. But there is some bad news and again the headline out of Florida good news, depending on if you want. Of these nutty socialists out of nowhere. A socialist has scored a Florida upset in the latest victory for progressives. Her name State Representative Angie Nixon, a progressive firebrand. She defeated Alex Vinman, who had outphraised her, and it wasn't even close.
Speaker 1: So also Corey Mills.
Speaker 2: Lost in Florida's seventh district, but missus Nix's Miss Nix's win that is over Vinman, he raised sixteen times as much money as she did, and this latest victory for her out of nowhere is part of this growing progressive movement that has been dividing the Democrat Party. Her win came as socialists and other left wing candidates have unseated incumbents and stunned the party establishment, winning House primaries in deep blue House districts like here in New York, Colorado, and Michigan. But again, Byron Donald's on track to become the first African American governor of the great State of Florida. And here was part of his victory speech tonight.
Speaker 3: There's a Lord Byron Donald speaking live in Florida right now, after clinching the Republican nomination for governor.
Speaker 1: Let's listen in.
Speaker 4: We've been criss crossing Florida. We've been knocking hundreds of thousands of doors, taking our message to all Floridians. And tonight, because of your sweat, because of your hard work, we have won a massive victory. Now we've just come through a hard fought primary. I got a call from Paul Renner and James fishback tonight and they hold on. I'm gonna tell you why in a moment, and they congratulated me and all of us on a hard fought victory, and my conversation with both of them is very simple. Congratulations. Let's go beat David Jolly in November. You see, because individual opinions and passionate supporters are the beauty of our conservative movement. But tonight, the primary is over. Tonight, we put aside our differences. Tonight we are one united Publican party.
Speaker 3: You see.
Speaker 4: I remember Erica and I were sitting around the fire pit last year with friends and we were talking about this campaign, and we were talking about the future of Florida. No matter the issue or the policy, the conversation always ended with us talking about the Florida dream. For us, it's personal. You know my story. I came to Florida thirty years ago on a Greyhound bus at seventeen years old with just a trunk full of clothes. I arrived in Tallahassee go Knowles, go Knowles.
Speaker 2: But again to show you how crazy and deranged these socialists are. In the Senate race in Florida, in the Senate race statewide election, you have a progressive, you have a socialist that is the Democrat nominee Angie Nixon. Greatly outspent as crazy as hell, and she's going to be the Democrat nominee for Senate. So to show you how this works and it's a good thing for Republicans. If you're David Jolly, who is a Republican turned Democrat, and you're running for governor against Byron Donald's, what do you think David Jolly is going to be asked about every day? Well, on your ticket for the United States Senate? Is this progressive by the name of Angie Nixon. You know, it's just not gonna work. It's not gonna work. What do you think is gonna happen in the state of Florida with this socialist running as the Democrat nominee for a Senate She goes on CNN tonight tonight, tonight, not a week ago, not two weeks ago, and she wants to do away with prisons.
Speaker 5: Some of the agenda includes things that have been controversial, things you did not name, by the way, in what is most important to you and the voters of Florida, including defunding police or abolishing prisons, because those are part of the platform. The DSA officially agenda has talked about do you support those or want to be distanced from those in people's consideration.
Speaker 6: So I want to be clear there are things that are a part of the Democratic clearly platform. Since Hakeem Jeffries and Chuck Schumer are not supportive of Medicare for all, which should be a right for folks to have access to quality health care. I want to abolish for profit prisons because I believe right now people aren't educating our children, and they're ushering them into the school to prison pipeline because they want to exploit labor. They're enhancing penalties because they want cheap labor. And so those are some of the things that I am supportive of.
Speaker 2: And so you listen carefully. She's splitting hairs. She wants to do away with four profit prisons. But at the end of the day, do you think she makes a difference. No, she wants to do away with prisons. That's her tonight, that's the Democrat nominee for Senate in the state of Florida. A socialists. I still don't get what is happening in America. But you know, making the rounds on television tonight happened to be Kevin McCarthy on Fox News and This is what he had to say about the situation with Byron Donald's which is great news, and also with this nut Angie Nixon, who is the Democrat nominee for Senate and the state of Florida.
Speaker 1: But the Democrats like Carville and others who.
Speaker 7: Are denying, Oh, this just happens in New York. No, no, it happens in Colorado, it happens in Michigan. And now for a state wide seat in Florida. How does that play? And the thing people have to understand when they won in New York that was in the hometown of Hakeem Jeffreyes, the highest elected Democrat, and they were beating his members of Congress.
Speaker 1: That's power.
Speaker 3: So you have two COMMI kind of people, one in Michigan running statewide, one in Florida running statewide. What does that do to the Democrat Party nationally?
Speaker 2: Does it hurt?
Speaker 1: Does it help? What's the dynamic? Look it hurts them.
Speaker 7: But one thing you have to see Andy Bursheer, who is a Democratic governor in a Republican state. He's not going on TV and saying you know what to win is the.
Speaker 1: Way I governed. He's sitting there saying we need to abolish the electoral college. He's moving further to the left.
Speaker 7: This is exactly what is on the platform of the Socialists.
Speaker 1: So it's bad for Democrats. Carville, I'm going to leave the party. Oh no, they're not so bad. Right back around, King Jeffries, Oh, we're all there.
Speaker 3: He is going to slowly drag the party further to the left. When you have these two big games staving slowly, it's happening quick. It's happening very quick, because think about it. First, Mandonie just got elected what a year ago. Now he won beat incumbent Democrats. Now they beat a thirty year incumbent Democrat. Now they won a swing state.
Speaker 7: Now they have the nominee there that how many smaller seats have won, how many city council seats, how many state rep seats did they win.
Speaker 3: We're now hearing that Corey Mills, incumbent Republican congressman, has lost. They're calling it for his opponent, so he will no longer be in the House of Representatives.
Speaker 1: What happened there?
Speaker 7: Look, that's a lot of ethic issues, and had he on that seat could have been in jeopardy for Republicans. So it's probably a good thing for the Republican Party to hold onto that seat.
Speaker 1: Now, it would have been harder to hold had he kept the majority. And Trump did not endorse Mills. He did, he just didn't go out and campaign hard. But Trump endorsed Byron Donald's, big time.
Speaker 7: Look, this is the Republican Party moving in the right direction.
Speaker 2: And you know what I thought, that we're so racist and that a black man doesn't have a shot in America. Right you here a rhetoric. Well, it looks like, if you go by history, a black man is about to become the governor for the first time ever in the great state of Florida. Byron Donald's, a Trump back Republican congressman will again face off against David Jolly, a Republican turned Democrats, strong critic of President Trump. That's not gonna play well in Florida. But also the big headline, the big headline is that you have a socialist that one for Senate is the Democrat nominee for Senate in the state of Florida. Now, you folks, tell me, how do you think that's going to exactly play? Angie Nixon, who's going to go around campaigning and I guess she's going to try and get away from her label as they as they all do, as they all do, the the the socialists, uh throughout the country. I guess she'll try and pull a mom Donnie