Speaker 1: And this episode is called Space.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys, Welcome to season three, episode thirty five of Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Guys. If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: Before we jump into the business, I just want to say our one hundred and fiftieth episode is coming up very soon, and we would love it if you guys would share your favorite moments from the podcast over all the episodes we've done, and we can talk about them and listen to them and have a good time relive in some of your favorite moments, kind of like what we did with our one hundredth episode Extravaganza.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely, we would love to hear from you, guys, Yes we would.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our.
Speaker 5: Website zubblooepodcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Our email address.
Speaker 5: Blue Podcast at juail dot com.
Speaker 2: Links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for. And you'll also find a couple of links so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free. It's just one dollar a month. There's a link for Spotify, and there's a link for every other platform. And a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They sure are. Thank you so much, guys, we really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Henry. Speaking of people who are awesome, what should we do next?
Speaker 5: The hell out?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen up. Everyone has to clap and go whoa Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it, Alay, let's start on Spotify. We heard from Isabelle, who sent us a favorite moment for our one hundred and fiftieth episode that we can't wait to share with you when that comes up. We heard from Honica. Happy Birthday, Honica.
Speaker 4: Happy Birthday, Anika. We hope it was a great day.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: We heard from darsh Naomi, Emily, Sarah, Alex Kay and h Gideon Louise Grant. Our friend Daisy took second in Blue Trivia. How about that?
Speaker 4: Wow, great job, Daisy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We heard from Skippy Tractor Boy, Cooper, Eddie Draven, Libby, Alice Isaac, and someone whose user name is one hundred million cats Stella. Is that you no?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I think now I could ask Amanda, is that you.
Speaker 4: You busted me? It is me now, just kidding.
Speaker 2: That could be both your user names, though. We got some emails. We heard from Kaitlin. We heard from Brin, who gave us an excellent, excellent moment for our one hundred and fiftieth episode. We can't wait to share that with everyone.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: We got a voicemail from Matthew. Hi, Hi, I'm you know horse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a real podcast and my favorite part this time is in the blow you horse of you no horse for you're a horse. Yeah, I mean yeah, I'm actually master.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was just making you know his voice, so I just said my favorite part it was you know voice, and then it was when you know in the episode you know horse, and what it was when you the horse was like hey, hey, send a voicemail later, bye bye.
Speaker 2: I was confused for a minute after I first hit play. I thought that it said it was from Matthew, but I was sure that that was actually Unicorse. Did that sound like Unicorse to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it absolutely sounded like Unicorse. Great impression, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was quite good. And I do love Unicorse too. He is one of my all time favorites.
Speaker 5: I really like Unicorse two. He's one of my favorite characters.
Speaker 2: And we also got an email from Michael. Guys, thank you allso so much for the comments and the emails and the reviews. We read all of them and it means the world to us. We have the best fans ever, don't you guys think We sure do.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you guys are awesome. Thank you so much for reaching out to us and loving the show.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we just got done watching Space.
Speaker 5: Where are we going?
Speaker 6: We could go to mos Oh, we could go to a black Hot Let's go to moz It's Scott Aliens.
Speaker 2: No it doesn't, Stella. Could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 5: McKenzie, Rusty, and Jack were walking in the Grasshut school and they're going over to a boat to play Space. They were trying to figure out what roles they wanted to be. Rusty was the captain, Mackenzie was the chief scientist, and Jack was a navigator, and he happened to know a lot about space, and.
Speaker 2: He was telling us what a black hole is.
Speaker 5: What's a black hole?
Speaker 6: It's a son that got really small and makes a hole. I think, what happens if you go in it?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 1: Does it good?
Speaker 5: Aliens? I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Then we're going to Moss, Rusty, there's not.
Speaker 1: Aliens or Moss.
Speaker 2: They get set to play and we find out that Jack is actually a robot or something. Henry what is his name?
Speaker 5: Due to Tron?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved that so much, due to Tron. What a great name. What was one of the first things that happened when they were in their spaceship.
Speaker 5: They had just launched into space and they're going and then they him.
Speaker 2: Meteor But it wasn't a meteor. Jack told him what it really was and what was that?
Speaker 5: It really was an asteroid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good. Stella. Mackenzie got out on his space tether to take a look at the back and what was going on back there.
Speaker 5: He said that there was damage to something, but he couldn't think of the word and Jack told him that it was the boosters.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Jack, he knows a lot about spaceships, doesn't he, Yeah, he does. When they're out there, they're concerned that Mackenzie might get hurt by more not meteors, but asteroids, and due to Tron says there aren't any. But then what happens, Amanda.
Speaker 4: Well, Mackenzie is out there, he gets hit by another asteroid and it takes him flying out into space, and they try to get him back by pulling in his tether, but once they got the teather all pulled in, he wasn't on the other end of it. So then Russey decides that he's going to go out to rescue Mackenzie. So he puts the tether on and he goes out and Deudatron says that he saw him behind the satellite, which is actually the tree.
Speaker 2: Very good, and they get out there and rescue Mackenzie from behind the satellite. Henry, what do they do next?
Speaker 5: They land on the Moon so then they can repair the ship and Jack asks Mackenzie, how did your tether come unhooked? It's really strong? Did you unhook it? And then McKenzie says finished and doesn't answer the.
Speaker 2: Question, and he just walks away, doesn't Heah. They get ready to take off, but what do they see is going on? Stella?
Speaker 5: They see that Mackenzie is gone, so they go to find him and he is sitting down by himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he seems pretty sad, doesn't he? Yeah? He does, Amanda, what is going on with Mackenzie?
Speaker 4: When they ask Mackenzie what he's doing there, he tells them that they left him behind on purpose, and they said, no, we didn't. And we find out that he wants to pretend that they leave him behind and that he is all alone.
Speaker 6: McKenzie, your tenant didn't write Getting You Unhooked?
Speaker 2: It is that true?
Speaker 1: Gye Scientist.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want to pretend that you leave me behind and I'm all alone?
Speaker 5: Why? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not sure we can pretend that yet. To get to Mars, we need a chief scientist to put us into a hypeless sleep. Oh okay, are you sure we can't go to.
Speaker 5: The black Hole?
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't have aliens, neither does much.
Speaker 2: He's not sure why he wants to play that, and he had also admitted that he unhooked his teather on purpose, and Rusty can't make any sense of this. But Jack, I mean Doudatron says this is how he wants to play Henry. How do they end up getting Mackenzie back to the ship?
Speaker 5: Jack says that they need their chief scientists to prepare them for hyper sleep. So then Mackenzie decides to come back.
Speaker 2: To the ship because they need him, right, Yeah, And what do you think hyper sleep is?
Speaker 5: I think it's where you're sleep but everything else is going on around you. Actually, I don't know.
Speaker 2: A lot of times in space travel movies like this, they put you into a special sleep that lets you travel super long distances, but to you, it's like only a few hours have passed. And that's what they're doing here, because they're traveling through the vastness of space. But something happens while almost everyone is asleep, Stella, what is it?
Speaker 5: Mackenzie wakes up and he changes the course of directions to go to a.
Speaker 2: Black hole exactly. And what is the black hole?
Speaker 5: It's a tunnel.
Speaker 2: Mackenzie just stands there staring at it for a little while, and we're not sure what's going on about it, Amanda, what happens?
Speaker 4: Mackenzie explains that he wants to go to the black Hole. He's not sure why, and so Rusty and Jack try to talk him out of it, but then Rusty finally says it's just the way that he wants to play, So they let him go ahead and travel off to the black Hole. And he tells Rusty and Jack that they should go ahead and go on to Mars without him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he said it's his job as the chief scientist and that he'll go alone because he doesn't want anything to happen to them, Henry. When Mackenzie starts walking through the tunnel, what happens?
Speaker 5: A flashback happened to where Mackenzie was going downslide and he wondered where his mom was.
Speaker 2: He was a little kid, right, he was a little tiny boy in this memory. Yeah, and he is convinced that his mom left him behind, right Yeah. But who shows up to talk to him?
Speaker 5: Calypso are you okay remember me behind? She didn't.
Speaker 4: You just got mixed up in the slot.
Speaker 6: She's just over that.
Speaker 4: He a man, see this she is Mackenzie, you know what's he and l You don't need to keep coming.
Speaker 6: Back to this place, Okay, now, Ron McKenzie, come on, come on.
Speaker 2: Play Jesse, come on, we cut back to real time and the girls are over there playing stell what is happening?
Speaker 5: The girls were dressed up as butterflies or fairies for something like that, And once McKenzie went to the tunnel, they started trying to take him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the boys decided that those must be aliens. And what a wild escape they made. Amanda, what happens next?
Speaker 4: Rusty and Jack rescue McKenzie from the aliens, pull him back through the black hole in getting back to the spaceship.
Speaker 2: Henry, what was the last thing they did?
Speaker 5: They did crew check? Like roll call?
Speaker 6: Come on, we should have enough petro left to get in a moss.
Speaker 5: Dude a drunk?
Speaker 1: Can you do a crew check?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Jack, Captain here, navigate to here, Chief Scientists.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: And that was the episode, Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 5: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Amanda? Could you tell us what were we supposed to learn today?
Speaker 4: I think that we were supposed to learn that it's okay to face your fears. It may be kind of scary, but we always have friends there that can give us some good advice and help support us and we can work through those fears.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, very good. What about you, Stella? I'm not sure what about you, Henry.
Speaker 5: I agree with mom on this one here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amanda, you did a really good job. I think one of the things here is during the game, Mackenzie obviously has something on his mind. He's not really present in the moment, and something is nagging at him or gnawing at him, and he's not even sure what it is, and he's distracted by a memory. And what ends up happening is he remembers a moment when he was young where he was very scared and he felt like his mom had to abandon him, and for whatever reason, mentally, he keeps going back to that place, right and Calypso was there to tell him, you don't have to keep coming back here. You know that everything worked out. Okay, your mom was right there, remember, So you don't need to let this keep weighing you down and upsetting you. You need to let go of it, because that's what was happening, is he was holding on to something that had happened to him, and it was keeping him from being present in the moment. And that's why when they did that crew check. He said he was there. He was back in the moment and ready to put that past that scared him behind him and look forward. So it was about conquering your fears, like you said, and being present in the moment, not letting the past continue to haunt you.
Speaker 4: Gotcha. Yes, I agree, that is very well put.
Speaker 2: I love that Calypso was the one who came to talk to him. He has the most calm and reassuring tender yeah, but still very like a firm guiding hand. She is the perfect character for that. That is so sweet. Yeah, And admittedly this one's pretty heady. It's one of those things where you feel the emotion, but you have to really think about what is it about this that's impacting me so much?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And honestly, when you think about it, that's really what Mackenzie was going through. I don't know why this upsets me so bad, but it does. And I'm not sure what that's about, right, And just the doubt of it was what was holding him back. But anyway, Yeah, there we go. Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 5: Yes, Henry, I think this episode's a good one and I just like it.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 4: I loved their imagination playing on a space ship the whole Douda Tron and Mackenzie going out to do a spacewalk to check damage to the ship and everything. Their imagination is. It's so good, it's refreshing.
Speaker 5: I really liked this episode because I like being able to see the stories of the side characters, because most of the episodes are just about Blue and Bingo and their family, So it's nice to be able to see the side characters be the main character in an episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It really helps fill out the world, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amanda, when you said their imaginations, it reminded me when I was a puppy, I mean, a little boy. Yeah, and I would play space with my friends. Just how much that style of play was what my friends and I did. It was so so cute.
Speaker 4: I bet you're a really cute play in Space is a little boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe. Oh and I really really liked how concerned Mackenzie's friends were for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought that was super sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you could tell that they knew something was.
Speaker 2: Was wrong, but they didn't know how to help them, and they wanted to help them, even if it made it awkward for them, Like, well, he wants to play like this even though we don't understand, we should let him do it, yeah, and then help him. Yeah, And them pulling him back in I think really made him feel like loved And oh my gosh, it's just so sweet.
Speaker 4: My friends are here for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so sweet. I love seeing these stories about these kids having fun like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really cute when we see the episodes where their imaginations are just out there, so cute.
Speaker 2: Amanda was doing some hand signs that helped explain what she meant by big imagination. Yes, I wish you guys could have seen it.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 4: Bye guys, Bye bye