Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: What is the job at a.
Speaker 3: Chinese Oh, Jack Carlson, this is the manifest So good Jack Carlsol that are too has died I know, at age eighty two.
Speaker 4: Unknown for a long time when they put him. That video was recorded in nineteen ninety one. He was arrested. It was a case of mistaken identity. He was drunk, he admitted that, but they thought that he was like some international fraud store or something like that, and then it was posted to the internet. In two thousand and nine. We just recently found out who he was.
Speaker 1: He was a serial prison escaper, a small time crook. The arrest happened at a Chinese restaurant in Brisbane Fortitude Valley, And I mean, who doesn't want a succulent Chinese meal after hearing that, it's delightful.
Speaker 4: We are standing by for president. Former President Trump is expected to take questions at a news conference at mar A Lago. Excuse me, some of the campaign events that had been planned were canceled because of tropical storm Debbi making her way up through the Carolinas and into the northeast.
Speaker 5: So this is at least one of the reasons why he's doing this. We will.
Speaker 4: When he starts talking, we'll definitely bring that to you. But in the meantime, let's get ahead with swamp watch.
Speaker 5: Swamp is horrible. The government doesn't work.
Speaker 6: Man gonna make us like a reality TV show, A bad noos.
Speaker 5: Always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C. Hey Joe.
Speaker 6: A town hall too, clearly built on a swamp and in so many ways still a swamp.
Speaker 5: I have a watch of malarkey.
Speaker 2: Nobody said drained the swamp. I said, oh, that's so hope.
Speaker 4: Well, let's go ahead and go to mar our alogo former President Trump taking questions from the media.
Speaker 6: It's outside of our country in the form of other countries that are frankly very powerful. They're very powerful countries, and we don't know what we're doing. We have leadership that has no clue how to handle them, or how to handle any other situation.
Speaker 2: We have a we have a lot of bad things coming up.
Speaker 6: You could end up in a depression of the nineteen twenty nine variety, which would be a devastating thing took many years, took decades to recover from it, and we're very close to that, and we're very close to a world war.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, we're very close to a world war. We have people that don't know how to handle it. They're not respected all over the world.
Speaker 6: They are left at and we can't have that most dangerous period of time I've ever seen for our country. With that being said, we have somebody that hasn't received one vote for president and she's running, and that's fine with me. Seems like given Joe Biden and now we're given somebody else, and I think, frankly, I'd rather be running against to somebody else.
Speaker 2: But that was their choice.
Speaker 6: They decided to do that because Kamala's record is horrible. She's a radical left person at a level that nobody's seen. She picked a radical left man. That is, he's got things done that he has positions that are just not it's not even possible to believe that they exist. He's going for things that nobody's ever even heard of. Heavy into the transgender world, heavy into lots of different worlds having to do with safety. He doesn't want to have borders, he doesn't want to have walls. He doesn't want to have any form of safety for our country. He doesn't mind people coming in from prisons, and neither does she, I guess, because she's not.
Speaker 2: She couldn't care less.
Speaker 6: She's the borders are by the way, she was, the borders are one.
Speaker 2: And all of a.
Speaker 6: Sudden for the last few weeks, she's not. The boaters are anymore like nobody ever said it. And I just hope that the media becomes more diligent, more honest, frankly, because if they're not going to be honest, it's going to be much tougher to bring our country back.
Speaker 2: We have a very, very sick country right now. You saw the other day with.
Speaker 6: The stock market crash, and that was just the beginning. That was just the beginning. It's going to get worse. It's going to get a lot worse, in my opinion, and fortunately we've had some very good polls over the last fairly short period of time. Rasmussen came out today we're substantially leading, and others came out today that we're leading and in some cases substantially SMS, NBC came out or CNBC came out also with a pole that was US leading and leading fairly big in swing states. In some polls, I'm leading very big in swing states because they want safety. People want safety, they want security, they want respect all around them world for our country. They don't want this horrible culture that is developing a culture of no common sense. It's really a culture of no common sense, and it's not what anyone wants.
Speaker 2: We want to have a safe country.
Speaker 6: We want to have a strong military, we want low interest rates, and we want to be able to have the American dream. We want to be able to have our youth be able to buy homes, housing, get good jobs. And we're really just at the opposite right now. It's so sad to see.
Speaker 2: But as our.
Speaker 6: Borders are, she's been the worst borders are in history, in the world history. I think the number is twenty million, but whether it's fifteen or twenty, it's.
Speaker 2: Numbers that nobody's ever heard before.
Speaker 6: Twenty million people came over the border, and the last during the Biden Harris administration, twenty million people, and it could be very much higher than that. Nobody really knows what the number is. Nobody knows, nobody has a clue, and the godaways they call them the Gotaways. The Godaways are at numbers. Somebody was quizzing me on it the other day. No, no, I don't think so, sir. I don't think so. They have no idea what those numbers are, but they're much higher than you would think. Just like far more people were killed in the Ukraine Russia.
Speaker 2: War than you have a report.
Speaker 6: Just like the October seventh would have never happened. Russia would have never hit Ukraine had the election result been called differently. It was a very bad call, but Russia would not have attacked Ukraine. October seventh in Israel would have never happened. You wouldn't have inflation. A lot of great things would have happened. But now you have millions and millions of dead people, and you have people dying financially because they can't buy bacon, they can't buy food, they can't buy groceries, they can't do anything, and they're living horribly in our country right now.
Speaker 2: With all of that being said, I think it's very important to have debates.
Speaker 6: And we've agreed with Fox on a date of September fourth.
Speaker 2: We've agreed with NBC.
Speaker 6: Fairly full agreement, subject to them on September tenth, and we've agreed with ABC on September twenty fifth, so we have those three dates and those networks they're very anxiously awaiting that date and those dates. So we have September fourth, September tenth, and September twenty fifth. We have spoken to the heads of the network and it's all been confirmed, other than some fairly minor details audience, some location, which city would we put it into, But all things that will be settled very easily, very I think it will be very easy. The other side has to agree to the terms. They may or may not agree. I don't know if they're going to agree. She hasn't done an interview. She can't do an interview. She's barely competent, and she can't do an interview with oh according to the debates.
Speaker 2: Because I think we have to set the record straight.
Speaker 6: Why is it that millions of people were allowed to come into our country from prisons, from jails, from mental institutions, insane asylums. Even Insana said that's a uh, it's a mental institution on steroids.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. When you see the people.
Speaker 6: That are coming into her these are institutions that are being emptied out, not in South America. All over the world, including South America, all over the world, prisons are being emptied out into our country because we have a president that's the worst president in the history of our country. We have a vice president who is the least admired, least respected, and the worst vice president in the history of our country, the most unpopular vice president. And because of political reasons or because of being politically correct, even though she never received a vote, don't forget she was the first one defeated, as I remember it because I watched it very closely, but she was the first one. She never made it to Iowa, the first state. She never made it to Iowa. She was the first one that was defeated. She was the nastiest to him. She was nasty with the calling him a racist and the school bus and all of the different things. She was very nasty to Biden, and shockingly he appointed her, asked her to serve as vice president. Well, I don't know if he's happy about that decision right now. This was taken away, the presidency was taken away from Joe Biden. And I'm no Biden fan, but I'll tell you what from a constitutional standpoint, from any standpoint.
Speaker 2: You look at.
Speaker 6: They took the presidency away and people were saying he lost after the debate, he couldn't win. Well, I don't know that that's true necessarily, but whether he could win or he couldn't win, he had the right to run and they took it away. They said they're going to use the twenty fifth Amendment. They're going to hit you hard. Either we can do it the nice I heard. I know exactly because I know a lot of people on the other side, believe it or not. And they said we'll do it the nice way, we'll do it the hard way.
Speaker 2: And he said, that's pretty fascinating.
Speaker 1: So that to that there's a stream of consciousness that is running.
Speaker 6: Running against somebody else and we're leading, we're leading. So I'm not complaining. I'm saying it's a for a country with a constitution that we cherish, we cherish this constitution, to have done it this way is pretty severe, pretty horrible. You would have thought they would have gone out to a vote, they would have had a primary system, they would have done something.
Speaker 2: But to just take it away.
Speaker 6: From him like he was a child, and he's a very angry man.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 6: I can tell you that he's not happy with Obama, and he's not happy with Nancy Pelosi. Crazy Nancy, She is crazy too. She's not happy with any of the people that told him that you've got to leave. He's very unhappy, very angry, and I think he.
Speaker 2: Also blames her.
Speaker 6: He's trying to put up a good face, but it's a very bad thing in terms of a country when you do that. I'm not a fan of his, as you probably have noticed, and he had a rough debate, but that doesn't mean that you just take it away like that. You or you go out to a vote, you do something. You had fourteen million votes. She had no votes. She got no votes, and I think she's crashing. I think when people find out, and I think people are starting to find out what a bad job she did, what a bad job she did on the border. She's trying to say she had nothing to do with the border. She had everything. She was appointed to head the border, and then they said borders are Oh she loved that name.
Speaker 2: She loved that name, but she never went there.
Speaker 6: She went to a location once along the border, but that was a location.
Speaker 2: That you have dinner with your husband or whoever.
Speaker 5: Forty that was a five on the location that was.
Speaker 6: Not part of the problem, that was least started off. Essentially, she never went to the border. So and if you listened to Tom Holme and I listened to the great Border people, Brandon Johattie from the Border Patrol, if you listen to so many different all the time, and I did. When I was president, we had the best border in the history of our country.
Speaker 2: Now we have the worst border in the history of the world. Her be living in and our country cannot sustain. Our country is.
Speaker 6: Going down because of this, because of incompetent people. So I just look forward to these debates. I think it's very important that we have them. I hope she agrees to them September fourth, September tenth, September twenty fifth, and I think they'll be very revealing.
Speaker 2: I think they'll be very revealing.
Speaker 5: Do you have any questions, Liz oh right, it's hard to hear.
Speaker 4: We're listening by the way to strategy former President Trump.
Speaker 5: It's in a news conference from.
Speaker 2: Week on crime.
Speaker 6: She's I think she's worse than Biden because he got forced into the position. She was there long before she destroyed San Francisco. She destroyed California as the AG but as the DA she destroyed, said she San Francisco. Friend of mine, Bob Tisch, you know all know the Tristish family. He was in many cities with companies. He said, the greatest city in the country is San Francisco. That was about twenty years ago. And he passed away a while ago, and he would be looking down, said what happened. He thought it was the best city in the country. He had divisions there, lows, and he would be looking down in horror now when he sees she destroyed, no cash bail, weak on crime, terrible, and yet they weaponized the system against me.
Speaker 2: They have me.
Speaker 6: I got so many lawyers now they wanted delay cases. I won the big case in Florida. I won the big case. Nobody even wrote about it. The big case. The judge was a brilliant judge. And all they do is they play the ref with the judges. The judge was a fair but brilliant judge. And as you probably heard, the big documents case, I want it now. Biden lost it because he didn't have presidential immunity. He didn't have the Presidential Records Act.
Speaker 2: He lost it.
Speaker 6: But the special I call it prosecutor, special counsel, special prosecutor to me, he appointed by him and appointed by Garland. He said, the man's incompetent. He can't stand trial, but he can run for president. But we no longer have to worry about that because we have somebody that, in my opinion, is more incompetent. She couldn't pass her bar exam and lots of other things, and she should not be in a position because if she becomes president, our country.
Speaker 2: Is going to be a giant fail. It's going to fail.
Speaker 6: It's going to be a failure of the likes of which this world has never seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, how about you.
Speaker 4: It's hard to hear the question. Something about the strategy. The appeal to black voters is the question as part of the strategy before Biden stepped out of the campaign.
Speaker 7: It's a long winded question.
Speaker 2: Well, changes around a little bit.
Speaker 6: I'm getting other voters. Perhaps you know, I was doing very well with black voters, and I still am.
Speaker 2: I seem to be doing very well with black males.
Speaker 6: This is according to Paul's as you know, it's possible that I won't do as well with black women, but I do seem to be doing very well with other segments, extremely well with Hispanic.
Speaker 2: Jewish voters. Way up, White males, way up. White males have gone through the roof white males way up.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: All we're doing is giving you the stats that you have. It could be that I'll be affected somewhat with black females, where we're doing pretty well, and I think ultimately they'll like me better because I'm going to give them security, safety and jobs. I'm going to give them a good economy. We have a very bad economy right now. We could literally be on the throes of a depression, not recession, a depression. And they can't have that. They can't have that. So I think I'm going to do well with everybody, especially when the facts are out. Yeah, please in the back. Jos Shapiro, he's a terrible guy. He's not popular with anybody. I think that this, uh, this selection maybe is better than Joshapiro would have been. But I think other than Josh Shapiro, I think she had some good choices, but Josh Shapiro is not one of them. He's caused a lot of damage with a lot of people, and I don't think he would have been better. I think he would have been maybe the equivalent, maybe not as good. But they had some people that they were looking at that were good, far superior to her. They actually had a story where they had everybody including they had like ten people that she was looking at and her and they said she was the worst of all. In other words, she was the worst out of the ten people.
Speaker 2: Enter.
Speaker 6: I don't know how that's going to work out. We'd like to do three debates. We think we should do three debates. We think Fox and ABC, and we also have CBS is going to do the vice presidential debate, so CBS will do vice presidential. And I have to tell you jd Vance has really stepped up. He's doing a fantastic job.
Speaker 2: Say it.
Speaker 5: Question is about this size Harris's crowds.
Speaker 6: Listen, one hundred and seven thousand people years you didn't report it. I'm so glad you as what does she have yesterday? Two thousand people? If I ever had two thousand people, you'd say my campaign is finished.
Speaker 2: It's so dishonest the press. And here's a great.
Speaker 6: Example I had in Michigan recently twenty five thousand people and twenty five thousand people were just we just couldn't get him in. We had in Harrisburg twenty twenty five thousand people and twenty thousand people couldn't get in.
Speaker 2: We had so many.
Speaker 6: Nobody ever mentions that when she gets fifteen hundred people. And I saw it yesterday on ABC, they said, oh, the crowd was so big. I have ten times, twenty times, thirty times the crowd size, and no, they never say the crowd was big. That's why I'm always saying, turn around the cameras. I'm so glad you asked that. I think it's so terrible when you say, well, she has fifteen hundred people, a thousand people, and they talk about, oh, the enthusiasm. Let me tell you we have them the Republican Party and me as a candidate. But the Republican Party has the enthusiasm because people want to see crime stopped. They want to see a country that's respected.
Speaker 2: Think of it.
Speaker 6: If I were president, you wouldn't have Russia and Ukraine where it never happened, zero chance. You wouldn't have had October seventh of Israel. You wouldn't have the horrible withdrawal, and I don't mean to withdraw because the withdrawal was fine. I was ready to withdraw from Afghanistan, and we were going to do it with dignity and strength, and we were keeping our equipment. We weren't leaving eighty five billion dollars worth of equipment behind it. We wouldn't have had thirteen great soldiers. I know the families of those soldiers. Well, we wouldn't have had the soldiers killed. And we wouldn't have had forty five soldiers obliterated, no legs, no arms, the face, oh boy, none of that would have happened. And you wouldn't have had inflation. You wouldn't have had any inflation because inflation was caused by they're bad energy problems. Now they've gone back to the Trump thing because they need the votes. They I don't know if you know they're drilling now because they had to go back because a gasoline was going up to seven eight nine dollars a barrel, so they said we better do what Trump. But the day after the election, if they won, you're going to have fuel prices go through the roof. Everybody's going to be forced to buy an electric car, which they're not going to do because they don't want that. It's got a great market, it's got a market, it's really a submarket. People want gasoline propelled cars, they want hybrids, they want to have everything, and they want electric but they want everybody to have an electric car. We don't have enough electricity. We couldn't make enough electricity for that. And you know what else, the weight of a car, the weight of a truck. They want all trucks to be electric. Little things that a lot of people don't talk about. The weight of a truck is two and a half times two and a half times heavier. You would have to rebuild every bridge in this country if you were going to do this ridiculous policy. So, but on crowdsize, in history for any country, nobody's had crowds like I have.
Speaker 2: And you know that.
Speaker 6: And when she gets a thousand people and everybody starts jumping, you know that if I had a thousand people would say people would say, that's the end of his campaign.
Speaker 2: I have hundreds of thousands of people.
Speaker 6: In South Carolina had eighty eight thousand people. In Alabama, I had sixty eight thousand people. Nobody says about crowd size with me, but she has a thousand people or fifteen hundred people, and they say, oh, the enthusiasm's back.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: No, the enthusiasm is with me and the Republican Party because they want to stop crime. They want to stop people from pouring into our country from places unknown and from countries unknown, from countries that nobody ever heard of.
Speaker 2: That's where the enthusiasm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, questions how important is Pennsylvania and Georgia to the campaign.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I can or not. I got him elected. Without me, he wouldn't be governor. I got him elected. He was doing terribly. I got him elected. With that being said, I hope we can repair it. But if we don't, the people are still the people and they're going to vote. We're leading in Georgia by a lot. We're leading in Pennsylvania by a lot. But I don't know. Now in Pennsylvania have great relationships and Georgia I do too, but unfortunately not with the governor. I've never understood it. When you get somebody elected, they're supposed to like you. He's not exactly for some reason, and you'll have to ask him about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love to see it get repaired.
Speaker 6: I think that if we don't win Georgia, Georgia is a big win, is a big state. So I won Alabama buy a record, nobody's ever gotten that many votes.
Speaker 2: I won South Carolina by a record.
Speaker 6: You don't win Alabama and South Carolina by records and lose Georgia, it doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: And the people of Georgia understand that there was tremendous anxiety and problems in Georgia.
Speaker 6: A lot of people say, what happened, and we have to All we want is honest elections. If we have honest elections in Georgia, we have honest elections in Pennsylvania, We're gonna win him by a lot.
Speaker 5: The question is about Joe Biden's comments the.
Speaker 6: Two ways firstrected and he corrected himself.
Speaker 2: You know, if you watch him, he said it two ways.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I mean he said it two ways because he doesn't really know what he's saying. Why didn't he bring it up at the debate. You know, he had a chance for ninety minutes to bring it up at the debate. He could have talked about that at the debate, and he didn't do it. Everyone said, oh, he said this, and he said that he's just you know, they give him.
Speaker 2: Something to read off.
Speaker 6: He read it very badly because he actually said at the opposite. Then he had to go back and correct himself. He said the opposite. He should have brought this up.
Speaker 2: At the debate if he had a problem.
Speaker 6: Of course, there'll be a peaceful transfer, and there was last time, and there'll be a peaceful transfer. I just hope we're going to have honest elections. That's okay.
Speaker 4: Question about whether or not he's had public campaign events and why he hasn't the last week.
Speaker 2: Or so, what a stupid question.
Speaker 6: This Because I'm leading by a lot, and because I'm letting their convention go through, and I am companioning a lot. I'm doing tremendous amounts of taping here. We have commercials that are at a level I don't think that anybody's ever done before. Plus in certain cases, I see many of you in the room where I'm speaking to you on phones. I'm speaking to radio, I'm speaking to television. Television's coming over here. Excuse me, what are we doing right now? She's not doing any news conference. You know why she's not doing She can't do a news conference. She doesn't know how to do a news conference. She's not smart enough to do a news conference. And I'm sorry. We need smart people to lead this country because our country has never been in this danger before, both economically and from an outside from an outside perspective, Russia doesn't respect us anymore, China doesn't respect us anymore. North Korea. Kim Jong un liked me a lot. He doesn't like this group. We are in great danger. We're a great danger of being in World War three. That could happen. No, after their convention. Yeah, and I'm going out, Actually, I'm going out to certain places to help certain senators get elected, not even for me. I'm trying to help when I go out to Wyoming, or when I go out to Montana, or I'm going to different places to help people. And I don't have to go there because I'm leading those states, as you know, by thirty five forty fifty points.
Speaker 2: I'm leading by record numbers.
Speaker 6: I'm going because I want to help senators and congressmen get elected, congressmen and women get elected. Yeah, yes, please, yeah, go ahead, the upcoming what.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's something about an interview that he's got scheduled coming up.
Speaker 5: That's what the question is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Elon musks, so yeah, sure.
Speaker 6: So Elon called me, as you know, he endorsed me, full throated, great endorsement. I respect Elon a lot, he respects me, and not easy for him to endorse. To be honest with you, you know, it takes courage to endorse people. Many people have courage and many people don't. He does have courage, and Elon endorsed me. And he asked me whether or not I do a show on Monday. And I think it's going to be Monday night, and I believe he's the host of the show, so it'll be very interesting. A lot of people are talking about I look forward to it. That'll be done on Monday night. Well, you have a lot of misinformation spread about China, and you have a lot of misinformation spread about a lot of different places. I think I'm going to get along great with China. President She of China and I were very good friends. We met right here right in that except we had a beautiful sofa there as opposed to what we have right now right now we have you. But President She and I had a very good relationship until COVID, and I held him responsible for COVID.
Speaker 2: It broke up our relationship.
Speaker 6: But I think we're going to have a great relationship and I think it's.
Speaker 2: Going to be mutually beneficial.
Speaker 6: But we cannot have it where China is taking advantage of the United States, and that's what they were doing, as you very well know.
Speaker 2: Yes, please.
Speaker 4: Question again about the comment about peaceful transfer of power that President Biden made and whether there would be one.
Speaker 6: I think the people that if you look at January sixth, which a lot of people aren't talking about very much, I think those people were treated very harshly when you compare them to other things that took place in this country where a lot of people were killed. Nobody was killed on January sixth, but I think that the people of January sixth were treated very unfairly. And they were They were there to complain, not through me. They were there to complain about an election. And you know, it's very interesting. The biggest crowd I've ever spoken to, and I said peacefully and patriotically, which nobody wants to say, but I said, peacefully and patriotically, the biggest crowd I've ever spoken to.
Speaker 2: When you've seen Maggie.
Speaker 6: I was at the mall, I was at the Washington Monument, I was at the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I had crowds.
Speaker 6: I don't know who's ever had a bigger crowd than I have, but I had it many times. The biggest crowd I've ever spoken before was that day. And I'll tell you it's very hard to find a picture of that crowd. You see the picture of a small number of people relatively going going to the Capitol, but you never see the picture of the crowd, the biggest crowd I've ever spoken, I've spoken to the biggest crowds.
Speaker 2: Nobody's spoken to crowds bigger than me.
Speaker 6: If you look at Martin Luther King when he did his speech, his great speech, and you look at ours, same real estate, same everything, same number of people, if not we had more. And they said he had a million people, but I had twenty five thousand people. But when you look at the exact same picture and everything's the same, because it was the fountains, the whole thing, all the way back from Lincoln to Washington, and you look at it, and you look at the picture of his crowd, my prewer, we actually had more people They said I had twenty five thousand and he had a million people, And I'm okay with it because I liked doctor Martin Luther King.
Speaker 8: Yeah, please, yeah, sure.
Speaker 6: We have a constitution. It's a very important document and we live by it. She has no votes, and I'm very happy to run against her. I'm not complaining from that standpoint.
Speaker 5: That's a total gotcha question.
Speaker 2: But he did not want to leave.
Speaker 6: He wanted to question see if he could win. The question was they said, you're not going to win. After the debate, what's.
Speaker 5: Your what's your constitutional interpretation?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 2: And then you you know when you think about it.
Speaker 6: They said at first they were going to go out to another vote, they were going to go through a primary system, a quick primary system, which it would have to be, and then it all disappeared and they just picked a person that was the first out. She was the first loser. Okay, so we call her the first loser. She was the first loser when during the primary system, during the Democrat primary system, she was the first one to quit, and she quit. She had no votes, no support, and she was a bad debater, by the way, very bad debater.
Speaker 2: And that's not the thing.
Speaker 6: I'm looking forward to. But she was a bad debater. She did it obviously a bad job. She never made it to Iowa then for some reason, and I know he regrets it.
Speaker 2: You do too.
Speaker 6: He picked her and she turned on him too. She was working with the people that wanted him out. But the fact that you can be get no votes lose in the primary system, in other words, you had fourteen or fifteen people, she was the first one out, and that you can then be picked to run for a president, it seems to me actually unconstitutional.
Speaker 2: Perhaps it's not.
Speaker 4: Please, it's not in the constitution at all. The question is is Harris more challenging than Biden?
Speaker 6: So I've run against Hillary, Yeah, and I've run against various other people. I would say that in terms of intelligence, Hillary.
Speaker 2: Was far superior. I would say that Hillary was smart.
Speaker 6: She was her own worst enemy in many ways, but she was smart, very smart.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you asked me to compare them, please.
Speaker 10: It's a it's a question about abortion. I can only hear you repeat that question. Please, boy, do you have to speak up. It's a hard room because it's very big. If you don't, so this is worth eye.
Speaker 7: You know, it's the biggest room.
Speaker 4: God again, the question is about abortion and mother to leave it to states.
Speaker 5: What other Republicans think about it.
Speaker 6: I think the abortion issue has written very much tempered down, and I've answered I think very well in the debate, and it seems to be much less of an issue, especially for those where they have the exceptions.
Speaker 2: As you know.
Speaker 6: And I think it's when I looked for fifty two years, they wanted to bring abortion back to the States.
Speaker 2: They wanted to get rid of Roe v.
Speaker 6: Wade, and that's Democrats, Republicans and independents and everybody, liberals, conservatives, everybody wanted.
Speaker 2: It back in the States, and I did that.
Speaker 6: Now the states are voting, and frankly, some of the votes are much more if you could say liberal, then you would think Ohio.
Speaker 2: Turned out to be.
Speaker 6: They had a big vote and it turned out to be a much more liberal standing than people would have thought. Kansas is the same thing, and then you have Texas and you have other places where it may be different. But the issue has been brought back to the States now. And like Ronald Reagan, I believe in the exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother. I believe, you know, I believe strongly. I think that that's a very important thing. I think when you don't you have to follow your heart. But when you don't believe in the exceptions, I think it's much tougher.
Speaker 2: It's a much tougher issue.
Speaker 6: But about eighty two percent of Republicans do believe in exceptions.
Speaker 2: I think the and a lot of.
Speaker 6: Them are changing their mind and coming even further. I think that abortion has become much less of an issue. It's a very small I think it's actually going to be a very small issue.
Speaker 2: What I've done is I've.
Speaker 6: Done what every Democrat and every Republican wanted to have done, and we brought that issue back to the states. And now the states are voting on it, and frankly, some of the votes are a lot different than people would have thought.
Speaker 7: Democrats didn't vote on the state.
Speaker 6: And you know, when you think about the radical the Democrats are really the radical ones on this because they're allowed to do abortion on the eighth and ninth month and even after birth.
Speaker 2: If you look at your.
Speaker 6: New UH governor from Minnesota, he's talking about he's like the governor previous, the former governor. I don't want to get him mixed up because Lenn is doing a good job and he's leading our he's leading our whole campaign in Virginia, Glenn Youngkin.
Speaker 2: But previous to Glenn the governor, he said.
Speaker 6: The baby will be born, we will put the baby aside, and we will decide with the mother what we're going to do. In other words, whether or not we're going to kill the baby. The Minnesota gentleman, this guy agrees with that. He is the most liberal. Look between her and him, there's never been anything like this. There's never been a combination. So I'll use the word progressive. You know, they want to go progress. They don't like the word liberal. I like liberal better. I think it's more appropriate because nobody knows what progressive means.
Speaker 2: But they now like to use the word progressive.
Speaker 7: But all right, we're gonna pull away from this.
Speaker 1: Definitely monitor it and see if he does say tampon tam at some points.
Speaker 4: The big deal, and I think that was the reason they called this is he did announce that at least his campaign has come to agreement with networks Fox, NBC and ABC to do a series of three debates in September. We haven't heard from the networks or the Harris campaign yet, but.
Speaker 1: Fox September fourth, September tenth would be NBC September twenty fifth. They've come to an agreement with ABC. He started off very measured. Both sides are kind of in this doom strategy of if the other people win, you're going to get the depression, you're going to get a world war, you're going to have the country. It's going to be hell on Earth, right, And he started that way, and he was very measured, saying, you know, it's the most dangerous period of time ever, that he would rather run against the somebody else rather than Joe Biden, that the record is horrible for both of them. They're very heavy into the transgender world, no borders, no Walls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it was interesting he took half an hour before he even mentioned Tim Walls.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously the guy who was grabbing the headlines being the vice presidential nominee or sorry, vice presidential pick, but he only referred to him as the Minnesota gentleman.
Speaker 1: The way that he interacts with these reporters in the room is so valuable for him. It's his brand of making the people he's talking to feel like they're his friends. Feel like you'd be just having a conversation and this is a stream of consciousness, and I think this, and I think this, and you can tell he's very frank and what he believes to be true and honest. But you know, and then he deviates and he starts Get the name calling hasn't been too bad.
Speaker 4: That is a good point. I mean, he's kind of pulled back from that, it seems the.
Speaker 5: Lot in this instance.
Speaker 1: The line I think that he needs to run with is that the left right now is operating under a culture of no common sense.
Speaker 7: That was a great line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was early on. Yeah, I don't know if he can come back to that though. Again, it is going on. It's been going on for about forty minutes or so right now. My over was forty five minutes. No, my under over I said it was at least forty five minutes. So this thing will continue. We'll pay attention. If there's any more that comes out of it, definitely bring it to you. But again, the big deal is he says he has agreed with a couple networks. If he also said something I think it was during the break there we were listening to it where he referred to a helicopter crash that he was in.
Speaker 5: With Willie Brown.
Speaker 4: So I looked it up, and I only know of one her helicopter incident with Willy Brown that took place here in La. It was at least southern California. It's September of two thousand and four. He's traveling from Santa Barbara, some fundraiser in Santa Barbara to lax because he was on a red eye somewhere else the country, and the helicopter's riding in has a transmission problem. Just before nine o'clock, there's a football game being played at Malibu High School. The pilot using the Malibu High School lights on the football field as like a beacon, comes close to the high school because there's another empty field next to it happened to be an elementary school, I guess, and they was able to safely put the helicopter down there. But the people at the football game thought the helicopter was buzzing them, when in fact it was in the process of making an emergency landing. Wow, no reference to Trump being on that. Now, that's not to say that he wasn't.
Speaker 5: Don't we know that the.
Speaker 1: Seating chart for a private air travel is never really complete.
Speaker 4: It's probably true, and it wouldn't be out of the I mean, it was a fundraiser in Santa Barbara.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it would not be out of the realm.
Speaker 5: It's possible.
Speaker 1: These people all are cohorts, Democrat Republican.
Speaker 7: They all run in the same circle.
Speaker 4: And Trump has known Willie because Trump at least was trying to build in California and knew that he was going to have to get a guy like Willie Brown on his side to help get some of that stuff done.
Speaker 1: Willie Brown was a conduit between Trump and Kamala Harris when Trump donated five thousand dollars to her campaign for ag Yeah.
Speaker 4: So again, the other thing that he talked about was having these a series of three debates that he says his campaign has agreed to. And we haven't heard anything from the Harris campaign about whether or not they were even informed that this.
Speaker 2: Was going on.
Speaker 7: That's wild, that helicopter story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, there's a very sad passing that we had to tell you about.
Speaker 5: This is one of the guys that we met.
Speaker 4: I guess you could say we met during the during the COVID.
Speaker 1: Well, this was a video from nineteen ninety one, but didn't surface online until two thousand and nine, and it caught fire and it went viral, and it wasn't on our radar, was it. It was producer Nick that told us about it years later, and he was shocked that we hadn't seen it.
Speaker 7: And then as soon as we.
Speaker 1: Were exposed to this, our lives became a lot better, didn't they.
Speaker 4: Uh So this he's a petty criminal who Jack Carlson shot to fame in two thousand and nine after this clip was made public on the Internet, and it was from an arrest from nineteen ninety one outside of a Chinese restaurant in Brisbane, Australia.
Speaker 5: I'm just showing anything.
Speaker 9: I'm under watch, gentlemen, this is Debac Rouse Manifest. Have a look at the Headlockie, say that Chap got jar of pan. This is the bike who got me on the penish on the.
Speaker 8: Step?
Speaker 9: Why did you do this?
Speaker 7: But what's getting the cat?
Speaker 9: Here's the job at a schuculent Chinese mayo?
Speaker 5: He goes on.
Speaker 4: I mean it's just a classic internet early early internet video, so good. What's funny is they they were able to catch up with this guy again. Jack Carlson and interview him about Okay, so what what really was happening that day?
Speaker 9: We were enjoying as succulent ma oh with many glosses, the great juice, of course, the red grape.
Speaker 5: So he's drunk off his butt.
Speaker 9: There was a suspicious looking caddeck. There was a couple of tables away looking at us. And every time I put his head down and Papa didn't shim into his glob.
Speaker 5: I love that line. What is that dim sum into his gob?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 4: And then they were he was arrested. They actually thought and invited television cameras. That's why we have it on tape, is because the police invited TV cameras there because they thought they were arresting some international fugitive.
Speaker 9: Then I realized that I wasn't this international gangster. They didn't judge me with anything, so away I went. Ever since then, people have been putting this thing up there on the internet.
Speaker 4: Now, one of the guys, one of the officers that eventually arrested him, said, well, he was kind of a character.
Speaker 5: We figured out he was. He was an adult theater actor.
Speaker 11: I understand that he has pied small pots and he were saying with a theater groups, he seems to be just a prolific false pretender.
Speaker 1: He died surrounded by family six thirty last night. They said that he lived by his motto to the end to keep on laughing. Apparently the last few weeks of his life were in hospital. He had a few attempts to escape, pull his cords out a couple times, ask us many time to sneak in his pipe. He was battling multiple ailments. As a final send off, we gave the uncle a taste, a last taste of red wine through his drip just before it was.
Speaker 5: Removed the red wine.
Speaker 4: Speaking of this was one of the lines that made us crack up so much. Say yeah, that turned into a marketing line for a wine company.
Speaker 9: I was surprised, but it took me many years for someone to show me that it was up there on the internet, until someone approached me and said, can we put it up and sell bottles of wine with your wine? Incidentally, is called get your hand of My pen on Wah.
Speaker 1: Jack Carlson at eight two, Not to ruin the light story, but his boyhood, they say, was spent in institutions rife with sexual predators and bullies and that his varied stack.
Speaker 4: That was a nice story until you said that.
Speaker 1: It kind of gives you meaning to get your hands off by Penis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's saying, that's not the first time he said that.
Speaker 1: I feel like he works in an extra syllable in penis that doesn't exist there like penis.
Speaker 4: Alright, our twelve o'clock hours coming up on Gary, I'm gonna get in trouble for that. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.