Speaker 1: Welcome to the Wine and Wine Podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Kelsey and I'm Ellie.
Speaker 3: This is your dose of friendship, fun and figuring life out together.
Speaker 4: Let's be e besties because life is messy, wine helps.
Speaker 3: And whiny is optional. Hi, E Besties, Welcome back. Hey guys, We're back with a new segment.
Speaker 2: Bear's with Bros. Bears with Bross. Jada's just across there, just.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, He's like, I have no idea, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Today we have our first male guest. So excited yay for the Is.
Speaker 2: It the X or the Y chromosome? You know? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's the one that guys have that girls and then the one that girls have.
Speaker 5: That guys girls are double? Why?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: What are guys at X? Y? Okay, that's a stupid question. You ask a questions. You don't know.
Speaker 1: We're up to a hot start guy.
Speaker 3: But yes, we have Jade in here, and we're gonna talk all about d dating.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, though, we usually have wine.
Speaker 3: But since this is the Beers with Bros segment, beer, So do you want to talk about the beer?
Speaker 1: Sure? I can talk about it.
Speaker 4: So we have a you win to brewing Hazy nach I p a. This is a local Utah beer brood and salt Lake and fun fact, it's one of the ones my dad sells. Yeah yeah, he's a beer salesman. But yeah, this one's a solid beer. So we're gonna crack it open. Oh that's a good sound eft since we can't clink clink, we.
Speaker 2: Cheers some beers. Mm hmm. Yeah, that's solid, very good.
Speaker 3: I'm like a big, big fan of i Pas, but I'll give them a pass if they kind of have like a more of like a fruity ish vibe to them.
Speaker 1: I like hazy and juicies like juicy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, wait what's a juicy and what's a hazy?
Speaker 1: I don't know the science fine, Like I think.
Speaker 3: You guys are right though, Like juicy for me is like fruity right where you say juicy?
Speaker 2: Is that? And like I just don't.
Speaker 3: Like the hoppypier Yeah okay, see, Like because I know I pas are known for their hop.
Speaker 2: I can't get down with the hop too much. Hop is too much hop. I gotta go really, I gotta go low hop, high fruite. But this is a good I PA.
Speaker 5: This is good if it's solid.
Speaker 3: Okay, if it's too hoppy, no fruity out. But I feel like this is a good blend of hop and fruit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, are we going to start raiding beers now or do you want to?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do the same rating system, like, especially since this is an I P A and I'm not a big fan of I pas And this one's good. Four point five whoa, and it's out of five Jayden.
Speaker 5: Out of five, I'll give it a three nine. It's a local beer, damn you, it's delicious.
Speaker 1: I'll say we're going to give it a solid four.
Speaker 2: Okay, solid for Okay, let's all meet in the middle.
Speaker 4: I guess with the four. I say that partly because I'm a sour girly. Those are my favorite beers. So if we ever get a sour, those are delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is cider a beer?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I like I like Laggers, anybody, huh huh?
Speaker 2: Laggers? Right now?
Speaker 5: My favorite Adam's just just like a good old.
Speaker 2: Mexican logger.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, yeah, okay, no, I got scha.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Literally, when I go to like a brewery or like just like a I don't know, just like a bar, like restaurant bar, I'll just swoop over to loggers. So I don't like hang out at the IPAs. I don't hang out at the stouts. I do love me a good stout, but I go to.
Speaker 1: A skinness solid.
Speaker 2: I'm always my usual go to question.
Speaker 3: Sorry, this is a fucking tangent already, but it's like, can I get your local logger?
Speaker 1: Fun? That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, wow, whole conversation starter with the with the bartender.
Speaker 2: Only he's cute and single.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? Do you check like for the ring?
Speaker 2: I do. That's usually my go to is a ring thing. But then you have to But then I've noticed.
Speaker 3: Some guys don't fucking wear rings and it's annoying. Please tell me about that Jayden actually.
Speaker 5: Wearing the wedding ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't wear them, some of them.
Speaker 5: Oh that's because they're trying to get someone on the side.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, because I've seen people at church. I think it's also.
Speaker 4: I've heard it's also like if it's a blue collar guy too, just because of the dick love things, safety concerns, you gotta get like the silicon cone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe guys haven't yet bought the silicone ring, and they're just so used to not wearing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, there's like a lot of guys at my work that don't wear their rings, but it's because they work in a place that that could for sure actually happen.
Speaker 2: And they don't wear silicone rings either.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they care to, like spend the money on.
Speaker 5: It all twelve dollars, I know that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I feel like girls would be more willing to wear a silicon ring than guys, if that makes any sense. Guys are like, well, if I'm not gonna wear my wedding ring, I'm just not gonna wear it, versus like girls are like, because my friend Mike, and she wears a silicone wedding ring all the time just because whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if most of my friends wear silicon rings too, but they're also very active people, so it's just kind.
Speaker 2: Of your girlfriends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, guys don't freaking wear one at all.
Speaker 2: I mean that's annoying. Jayden talk talk on behalf of the men out there.
Speaker 5: You just got to ask him, don't. I don't know what to tell you tell you go get a tattoo. Get a tattoo of it.
Speaker 2: Or be a creeper. And I like, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I'll low ked be like, I'll ask the people we know and I'll be like, hey, is that guy single? And he's like no, he's taking And I'm like, why the heck is he not wearing a freaking ring?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta ask, you gotta ask around. See, girls are a bit easier, They're gonna wear the ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you do you? Are you? Now?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Do you see a glimpse of the struggle? I go through just a little baby glimpse.
Speaker 5: I've been seeing it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I just want It's been like, girl, you bitched me all the time.
Speaker 5: It's been a long fifteen years.
Speaker 3: We were literally just talking about this right before we started recording. I'll like go up to Jayden and tell him all about my dating woes and I'm like, okay, So then back in nineteen fifty nine, right when this all started, and.
Speaker 2: He's like how old are you.
Speaker 3: And he's like, yeah, no, I don't need any of that information. Just literally give me the cliff note version of it. And I'm like, wait, yeah, yeah, I though it like makes the whole story. Yeah, AnyWho, guys are different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whereas like with kelso like I'll just tell her like everything.
Speaker 3: And then I walked in and then this is what I was wearing. And then there was a random couple on the left that have nothing to do with the story, but they were sitting there and they ordered to stay.
Speaker 1: They're important to the story.
Speaker 2: For some odd reason, but they're never going to be mentioned again. She's got me hook line and yeah, yeah, I've been told I'm a good storyteller when.
Speaker 5: It are no great storyteller, but like the kind of storyteller that you're trying to like fill a word count on an English essay.
Speaker 2: She's trying to.
Speaker 4: Do a three pages, single spaced essay.
Speaker 2: Shot.
Speaker 3: You say all these like filler words just to put like one point to it.
Speaker 4: We did actually go on to tangent about filler words not that long ago because of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I can't change my ways, do you?
Speaker 2: Just but noted noted this is forever.
Speaker 3: All the girlies out there, if you have a guy friend, just spark note that ship because they don't care about all the filler words.
Speaker 2: Right, Jayden?
Speaker 5: Yeah, when did you meet? Okay, and when did you go out.
Speaker 2: That's all. That's all you want.
Speaker 5: You can you can like go into detail on the date. I don't need the I don't need the banter back and forth from your texts. You don't need no, Yeah, like where did you go? What did you do? How did it go?
Speaker 2: Noted? Noted?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, Well on that note, let's know that that was a ten minute tangent.
Speaker 1: I had no idea how we got here.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Jayden, how do we know each other? Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, Ellie, you were my youth leader.
Speaker 2: I was, and you were that young awkward.
Speaker 5: No, No, I was, No, I was not. I just season he never was, not at all awkward.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Jayden has always been the sweetest ever. And I'm only going to compliment you on the mic one time and one time only. Okay, Yes, Jayden was like the coolest, sweetest and has always been the coolest sweetest guy. I like know, like easy easy, top five guys, like coolest ever I've ever met.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I've met some people.
Speaker 1: She's met some people.
Speaker 5: You've met some people.
Speaker 2: I've met some people.
Speaker 3: It's what I'm saying, just kidding, But anywhoy, Yeah, so I've known Jayden for.
Speaker 2: Like ten years.
Speaker 3: I don't know any but yeah, but yeah, and now he's all grown up before my And wait, tell us about yourself because I'm not gonna Yeah.
Speaker 5: You're here, what do you want to know?
Speaker 2: Okay, just like a.
Speaker 3: Brief synopsis, spark notes, like where you're at and live?
Speaker 2: Like what have you been doing?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, school work.
Speaker 5: First?
Speaker 2: That kills someone.
Speaker 1: He's like, Okay, I'm ready, Ellie.
Speaker 2: Whenever you're start talking, I'm ready.
Speaker 5: I got it at the spark notes. Okay, I'm so sorry. All right, So let's see. Uh, just graduated college. Okay, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Five upset that you didn't invite me to your graduation.
Speaker 5: You could have come.
Speaker 2: Did you invite me?
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, I'm graduating on this day.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't. It's fine. That's another issue for another day.
Speaker 5: It's fine. We'll get we'll get through it. You were at the high school one I was?
Speaker 2: I was that was fun? Is that where I messed up my.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's where Ellie broke her knee playing basketball in the back of my parents yard. Yeah, that'll get you. That is a fun one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your accident, aren't you Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, just graduated, got a job working at a high school. I'm also a youth pastor, so that's so much fun. What else let's see for the kids? Man, for the kids. I hate the kids.
Speaker 1: Describe the job though, because it's really cool.
Speaker 5: Yes, which which job?
Speaker 2: The high school?
Speaker 5: Oh? The high school? Okay, So I took a job working as an ag teacher, which is agricultural science, and I am teaching a greenhouse management class and a floor culture class. So we'll put together arrangements, do things like bud vases, funerals, weddings, things like that.
Speaker 1: That is so cool. I didn't even know that was a thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's technically it's an art credit, so.
Speaker 1: That would make sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can we like slide on through and like get some lessons?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, come on, if you ever need an assistant on okay, perfect.
Speaker 3: If you ever need to get rid of flowers, I'll take them for just money.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'll sell them to you.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll just well you could just be a friend.
Speaker 5: I am a teacher, so I'm poor.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that's how that's how like the the system works here, right yeah in America?
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: That's such a noble job though. It's fun.
Speaker 5: It's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm excited for you.
Speaker 5: No, it's gonna be blast.
Speaker 2: I'm excited because didn't you do student teaching before this?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, just did. It was five months of unpaid student teaching labor at a high school. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or was that cool?
Speaker 5: No, it's so much fun except for the not getting paid.
Speaker 2: Oh that makes sense. How many hours did you have to put in.
Speaker 5: The day every day? Every day? So?
Speaker 2: Oh, like a full school day?
Speaker 5: Yeah, full school. So the teacher's hours are seven am, so forty five minutes before the kids show up, and then you're there till three thirty, about an hour after they leave.
Speaker 2: Monday through Friday, Monday Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, plus anything after school, so sports games, things like that.
Speaker 2: Did you do the same subject?
Speaker 5: I taught six different subjects. Oh dang, yeah, well versed, well well versed. Yeah, I touched. I taught some weird I taught some weird stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did not mean to make that like that was really weird.
Speaker 4: Face too, He's like, I'm well versed with the eyebrows.
Speaker 2: Did not mean any type of way at all.
Speaker 3: Okay, anyway, anyway, coming back to Jaden.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're a teacher.
Speaker 5: Now I'm a teacher.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, that's amazing. Tell us a bit about your dating life. Wow, we're just gonna going there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we were talking before. I've got the dating apps, Hinge, Tender, nothing else, the rest of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's.
Speaker 3: Talk about this, because we were talking about this before we recorded, and I was so interested because you have Tinder, but you don't have bumble and I have bumble. I don't have Tender, no, right, And I think we were talking about maybe it's the age.
Speaker 5: I think it's the age. There's not a whole You gotta bump the age up if you're on the bumble.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, can we can we tell everybody how old you are?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know how old you are.
Speaker 5: Twenty four.
Speaker 2: He's just a baby, isn't he Just I'm just the baby.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you're Yeah, you are like really young, dude, but it's because we're like.
Speaker 2: We're older than yeah, getting there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes you young, but like you would be considered old to like a twenty two year old.
Speaker 5: No, right, you know what I mean? No, I remember being twenty one, twenty two and just being like it's the end. Yeah, yeah, mid twenties.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, wow, that's true. He's considered it's like we're mid thirties.
Speaker 5: He's twenty. I think it's like twenty twenty four to like twenty six.
Speaker 1: That's my math too. Yeah, she doesn't agree.
Speaker 4: She thinks it's the five, but only because she doesn't want to be considered mid thirty.
Speaker 2: Considered mid thirties this year.
Speaker 3: I'm literally gonna be mid thirties this November. Disgusting, I know.
Speaker 2: That's already in Oh, you're just talking abot a couple of thirty year old hags out here. Yeah, what I mean, what do you do? What do you do?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're twenty four, twenty four, but you said that if you get on Bumble you have to like.
Speaker 5: You got to bump the age range up. Yeah. Yeah. Not a whole lot of eligible women on Bumble.
Speaker 3: And it's because you're thinking they don't use it as much as the other apps.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, I I don't think so. I'm jen Z. I guess what are you guys.
Speaker 1: Are we're millennials?
Speaker 5: But what is that?
Speaker 2: What is that is that gen? No, you're a Gen X, we're Gen Z no.
Speaker 5: YZ works forwards.
Speaker 2: Backwards, there's gonna be a lot of things I have to edit out. I feel like just kidding, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: No, no, gen Z. Women do not do like the whole first approach thing.
Speaker 3: Oh so like even if you were to be on Bumble, you feel like girls wouldn't really reach out.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, yeah, no they don't. They don't like to do the the initial piece.
Speaker 4: But again, like he was saying, I think that's an age maturity thing.
Speaker 1: That's why there is probably better.
Speaker 3: For Yeah, that makes sense because Okay, I'm sure maybe you do or don't know people out there. But with Bumble, the girl has to message to mesa. The guy can't do it, and if the girl doesn't do it, then then it goes away. You're never to be seen again. So it really has a woman initiated thing, and that's the way. That's the interesting thing too, is I enjoy Bumble because of that. I like like knowing I'm not gonna have some weirdo random guy reaching out to me, Like I'm reaching out to the guys that I want to reach out to.
Speaker 5: You have to match with them first. Well yeah, but wait, you know, on them, But.
Speaker 2: This is the example I'm giving Hinge.
Speaker 5: Right, you can just send to anybody.
Speaker 3: Yes, And that's why sometimes I'm like a little off put by Hinge. No diss though, because I'm still on hit Hinge. There's pros and cons to both. So with Hinge, y'all, anybody can message, but then you can choose to like match with them or not, whereas with Bumble you have to match first and then message the girl. The girl has message first, and that's what I like. Like, I know that sounds weird, but I like the control.
Speaker 5: She likes to me in charge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to be in charge, Like, hey, don't freaking message me unless I say so, unless I say sothing it. You know, is that horrible? I'm so old and sucking my way. That's too masculine. I feel like ross No, But okay, whoa going back to this? Yeah, Okay, so you're not on Bumble, you're on Tinder and you're on Hinge.
Speaker 2: On the both of them, Okay, pros and cons of both.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hinge, you're getting more of a it's a more complete person. Okay, get a little snapshot into their life, what they do. Those prompts, right, those prompts. Yeah, yeah, tender. It's great, very attractive people on Tinder, big hookup culture. Onder, that's all it is. That's all it is, so so hinges, hinges of the go to.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will give you a bright light though.
Speaker 3: My one of my friends and I won't name names just because I feel like I don't know if you would want to be named. But she actually met her now husband and they have some kiddos and married and all the things on Tinder.
Speaker 1: I have two friends that are the same thing. Yeah, they're married and have kids.
Speaker 3: So don't completely knock it out love story yeah yeah, yeah, don't completely because it does have that like what's the word reputation behind it? Yeah, is like very hooky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we know people but sometimes but sometimes and that's why I still have it, Okay, just the sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So how do you ever get exhausted by them? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'll be I'll delete them off my phone all the time. Yeah you can't. You got to keep it fresh.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of effort, it is.
Speaker 5: It's too much.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, I have a legit question. Do you snooze or do you delete?
Speaker 5: The apps? Awful on delete.
Speaker 2: Like don't full on delete your profile.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no way, Yeah, you just need a fresh start. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what I do is I snooze, y'all? Do you know what snoozing is? I feel like you don't you let it?
Speaker 5: You let it stay, you let it brew, right, no one can see you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one can see me, but I still have my whole profile ready to go once I unsnooze. So I snooze for bumble and then I don't know what the word is for hinge.
Speaker 2: I think it's just.
Speaker 5: Like break, take a break?
Speaker 2: Do you want to take a break? Are you sure? You just don't want to do it for three days and you're like no, and definitely you know, and then I'm back literally three days later. But no, that's that's what I do.
Speaker 3: And I know this sounds weird because I feel like, you delete, therefore you don't see any of your matches from like two years ago.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, you get rid of the matches.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I literally have matches on my bumble from like twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: WHOA is that horrible?
Speaker 5: I wasn't even legally allowed to be on dating apps in twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, that age the shit out of me first of all. But second off, yeah, because I just snooze, I don't delete, so I need to know.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm getting to all of this for the backstory. Yeah, and like the thought process of why guys delete versus snooze or like just whatever the other.
Speaker 5: No, you sometimes you need them to come back around, so they need to rematch with you so they see you again. They go, that was a misconnection. They're they're familiar.
Speaker 2: How do I and so you guys do it for the algorithm?
Speaker 5: Then well, yeah, it's definitely a piece of the algorithm for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, do you think do you think I've been doing it wrong this whole time? Because like, if you think about it, my profile is what X years old now at this point, like oh my gosh, like nine years old.
Speaker 5: What if I just deleted.
Speaker 2: And got back on and it was like a whole.
Speaker 5: New world, it might be it would be Yeah, wait.
Speaker 2: Am I doing this right now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I don't want to be the plot the plot. No, I don't want to hear We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 3: You just made me think of something though, because so it sounds like you just do that like either for the algorithm or also just like you're just done, so.
Speaker 5: You just want to call you break every once in a while. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Whereas me, I'm lazy, Like, let's be real, like I don't want to like because I put a lot of time. I feel like an effort into my profile, Like I get my cutest pics, I do a really good like bio, get some prompts in there. It would be so much work to like redo that and like find those pictures again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but are we honest? Are the guys reading these profiles?
Speaker 2: Do you guys read the profiles? Damn you?
Speaker 5: Okay, Like I don't know, no, no, no, no. So here's the thing, Yes, I read that, okay.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like most guys read them?
Speaker 5: Probably not? Well, I don't know how Like when I get together with my guys pastime is we screencast.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's fun. I've done that before.
Speaker 5: And you see we read the prompts then were really get like deep into.
Speaker 2: The Oh you guys do the whole shebang.
Speaker 3: Whereas if you weren't screencasting and you were just by yourself, you feel like more guys would just go based off picture.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah quick, and the first picture has got to be fire the best one. Yeah, and then you want a second look, and then you'll read the prompts.
Speaker 3: You know how to build your profile now though, Yeah, but here's the thing, Okay, I'm gonna roll off what you just said, because and I mean, at this point, I almost wonder if I should just like scream, like you know how you can screen record your phone. I'm gonna screen record my phone, y'all, and I will post my profile on our podcast into story do it?
Speaker 2: Okay? But AnyWho all that to say.
Speaker 3: Because there's this picture that's like, I'm not gonna lie. Your girl's a little sexy, you know what I mean, Like she has like a little sultry face to her, you know. And I had that as like my first picture, and I feel like I got a lot of traction with that one, right, But then I feel like it painted a different story, and I didn't want that story to be told about me, like I didn't like. I still liked that picture, but I didn't want that to be like the first impression I so I moved it down a bit more and then I put more of like a cool, cute, casual one as my first one, because I just yeah, right, just like smashing it on people's heads, you know. But uh yeah, So anyway, do you think guys like literally look at just like the one picture and so I yes or.
Speaker 5: No, oh no, no, we look through the pictures then read the prompts.
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 5: I you do?
Speaker 2: You feel like just men do that?
Speaker 5: Well? Because here's the thing. I can take a really great picture of myself or like, have one that's just I think I look fantastic. That's probably the best picture I've ever taken. You gotta you gotta look because the girls are doing the same thing. So that's like the best picture of themselves. And then like you got to look through the rest.
Speaker 2: Do they actually look like this?
Speaker 5: Or is this from.
Speaker 3: Because I've seen guys on there where I'm like, whoa, he's really good looking. And then I'll keep going I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, that was just me.
Speaker 3: It's just a really good picture. Speaking of though, I do want to talk about this is so random. I want to talk about filters. Do you see that a lot filters?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like girls not in ye, So if you bump up your age range, you're gonna start to see a lot more filters.
Speaker 4: You're probably still seeing filters they're just not those, they're ones way more natural.
Speaker 1: So you just don't notice.
Speaker 5: Do you think that's like like face tuning? Yes, yeah, could be okay, but not like outwardly apparent right No? No, not like do not the dog ears flower crowns?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that? You were probably like five?
Speaker 3: But anyway, Jesus, but no, you know this is horrible and maybe like you've done this before, but I'm going to totally call myself out on this. So I have a guy friend who's like dating too, and I'm like, can I see your profile? And I'll swipe for him? But really I want to just I know this sounds horrible. I want to see what's out there, Like I want to see how I, yes, how I rank, you know, And I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm like, damn, I think I do pretty well from but then also, but then also there's some really cute girls out there. But then also I see a lot of overly filtered pictures and I'm like, honeybee, this is getting you nowhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta get rid of the filters.
Speaker 1: Okay, but then back at you, are you a fish?
Speaker 2: Guy?
Speaker 5: I do not have a fish in my profile.
Speaker 4: I was like, that's like the girl the swap girls, these filters, guys.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, you know what, you know what's funny. This is like an unpopular opinion on the girl side of thing. I actually don't mind a fish pick.
Speaker 1: I don't mind like one.
Speaker 4: But if it's your whole profile and that's your whole personality, I agree with Kelsey.
Speaker 2: I don't mind one.
Speaker 4: But if it's like what you like to do, then short show that doesn't have to be every single that's true.
Speaker 2: Watch us look through Jayden's profile right now. He's just like.
Speaker 5: Get rid of the fish pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like everything is just like fish pick anyway.
Speaker 3: Wait, we want to know so much about the guy's perspective. So like besides the picture, like a girl's got to look good, right, Yeah, Like what else do you guys kind of like look for and like a profile.
Speaker 5: Big red flag on the dating profiles if you have an Instagram bio in there, Oh really not that I do.
Speaker 1: But you're probably just trying to get more followers.
Speaker 5: You want followers, Yeah, you're probably gotten only fans too.
Speaker 2: No, shut up.
Speaker 3: I remember first hot like second there, like like a month I put my Instagram No yet, but then I got weird like messages on Instagram from people I didn't even match with, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, people are going to go and actually do that? Are creepers?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly, So then I decided that was a bad call. But so that's a red flag, then.
Speaker 5: Big red flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think the like, do you think it's because they want followers? I don't know the mindset.
Speaker 1: They for sure want the attention.
Speaker 5: It's the attention. Yeah, it's a little ego boost to get that, to get that Instagram notification from just like a.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, So you say no to them?
Speaker 5: No? Yeah, absolutely?
Speaker 2: What if what if like Elie's like, I have it in my profile so you have to justify it.
Speaker 3: As he's talking, I'm like grabbing my phone like okay, so that but wait, what if she was like super cute everything you wanted and she had an Instagram app.
Speaker 5: For the streets?
Speaker 2: Really? Okay? OK? Good to know, noted noted.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of what else, Like, I want a guy's perspective on when it comes to dating. I know we're talking a lot about dating apps, so we can do dates too.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, I have one?
Speaker 3: Are you guys big on like first impressions, like meeting in person. Yeah yeah, okay, tell me about that, Tell me about that, get into.
Speaker 5: That all right. So we're talking like first dates.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like what happens when you first see her? Like what are you thinking? What are you looking like?
Speaker 2: What's the vibe there?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well they've got to be put to other. It's a two way street. Okay, I know that's what girls want. We like the girl who can dress nice. Okay, So actually tried a little bit. And then you're you're looking for just minimal like awkwardness, overly awkward, because you're gonna have that awkward first state moment. You're gonna have some awkward silences one hundred percent, just if you get into like the the three four range.
Speaker 2: You're like like three four range of moments of.
Speaker 5: Moments of awkwardness. Yeah yeah, yeah, I've had those. Yeah, who hasn't? Yeah? Can they stay off their phone? Too? Oh yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wait have you been on a date with a girl who's actively on her phone?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wait, even when you're talking to her, he's.
Speaker 5: Gen z Oh we're addicted?
Speaker 2: Yeah no way, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like I was gonna say something that's me responding to to these women being on the phone. Yeah, you kind of gotta like fight for their attention a little bit.
Speaker 2: No on a date some of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like the worst of the worst, okay.
Speaker 3: Because I I'll even like put my phone away like in my purse, so it's not even like up, Like it's not even like face down on the table.
Speaker 2: It's like completely away.
Speaker 5: Mmm. Is that smart?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I like that?
Speaker 2: But do most girls then just do the upside it's like.
Speaker 5: On the table, Yeah, face.
Speaker 2: Up or face down?
Speaker 5: Face down? Face down?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: First, keep it gone.
Speaker 2: Do you have yours on the table?
Speaker 5: No, that stays in my pocket.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: Respectful gentleman.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have a respectful gentleman here. But no, yeah, because I feel like that would give me like very off putty vibes. Like I've been on dates with guys who like have their phone on the table and then sometimes they'll like check a notification.
Speaker 2: It's like I get it if you have a kid.
Speaker 3: And maybe you have like emergency because I'm at that age right, like people have kids whatever, But like, no, no, put it away, put it away, use a watch.
Speaker 2: I like to like wear a watch, so I know kind of where my time is.
Speaker 3: I would have to like check my phone just for the time, especially in front of the guy, because then I feel like they think he thinks you want to go.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, one d percent that's what we're thinking.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, tell me more about like the first initialness of it all.
Speaker 2: So like the looks put together together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just a nice, nice greeting. You can have a non awkward greeting when you're first meeting someone, like even if you're feeling it, pull yourself together.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, all right, you gotta do you feel like can you feel like people's like awkwardness?
Speaker 5: Do you feel like oh yeah, yeah, I mean can you not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I can.
Speaker 3: But then I sometimes get in my head and I'm like, I don't know if that's just me or no.
Speaker 5: No, no, you just got to walk in just ready to rock and roll.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, okay, here's another one. I could literally go on forever, sorry, Kelsey, literally jump in, literally jump in. But like my other thing too, And I don't know if you're like with it or not, but like I want to go on a d Like if I match with somebody, I want to go on a date within like the week I'm not gonna lie because I hate like, oh yeah, having these conversations via like the app or text, then.
Speaker 1: You have nothing to talk about when you finally meet.
Speaker 5: No, exactly exactly, feel the same way. No, you have to set the data up within the first day or two.
Speaker 2: Are girls like down for that? Like, tell me about that?
Speaker 5: No, they're down? Yeah, okay, typically like I mean, it's a free meal.
Speaker 3: Heck yeah, getting leftovers too, blast it up.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, no, you have to. You have to set the data up pretty fast, right, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: We've got a solid guy here, I feel like, because like there's some guys out there that don't.
Speaker 5: And if you want the second one, you've got to set that up night of.
Speaker 2: Really before tell me more about that?
Speaker 5: Nope, yeah, say I'm free this day, this day.
Speaker 3: I feel like every guy needs to listen to this because I feel like my second dates have always been not actually planned that first date night.
Speaker 2: It's been always just spoken of, like, yeah, we should do this again.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, you've gotta If you actually see when you say we gotta do it again, you're not gonna do it again. You got to set a date.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's good man.
Speaker 5: Maybe hard date and time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Fun fact, I've never been on like a like a fourth date.
Speaker 2: It's always ended like on a third at least cry in the corner over here, look at But like, yeah, I don't even know what to say. I don't know what to say about.
Speaker 5: That's okay, you're just really nice.
Speaker 2: But no, that's true. I guess you just kind of have to. I don't know I do text. Okay, let's talk about like post.
Speaker 5: Date post date. Yeah, yes, the text when you get home classic and you need to say it like the guy says it right, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Like text me when you get home safely.
Speaker 5: And I will say when she reciprocates that makes you feel taken care of? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait when you say that, do you mean like when the girl says, like, text me when you get home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like after you say.
Speaker 5: It first, or she can say it first if she beats me to the punch.
Speaker 2: Is that like like gold star?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, that's a good that's a good mark. Yeah, that is cute.
Speaker 2: That is cute. I don't think we ever.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, I've talked about like text me when you get home. I forget who says I think the guy mostly says it first, So then I do. I said, I made it home safe, I had such a fun time tonight. Yeah, thanks so much for dinner. I look forward to doing this again with you or whatever. And then I kind of like leave the ball in their court for that, because again, most of mine don't get planned on a second date. It's kind of just like a we should do this a good some time.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, when you set it up day of, it makes that into the night text a little easier. You can leave it on a high like can't wait to see you on Saturday. Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay, And you know what, I.
Speaker 3: Love this so much because it gives such a like sense of security too, don't you think, yes.
Speaker 1: Then you're not just like stewing the next couple of days.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, Well, and here's the deal. People got jobs, Okay, they got work, they got lives. And you go on a first date and you don't set a second date, then really those like hours they're at work. You're like, oh my gosh. Yeah, I'm like, oh oh, but if you set it, you can go. She's at work, she's off with something doing something.
Speaker 3: Okay, follow up question, Now, what do you like after the first date for you and then say you Okay, it sounds like you set a second date.
Speaker 2: Great. Are you texting every day?
Speaker 5: Yoh?
Speaker 2: Or does it depend on your girl?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't. You don't force it. Yeah, yeah, you gotta you gotta feel it out, but you can let you can lay off a little bit after that first date, like it's less pressury, right yeah, no, Yeah, you've met each other, you've talked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I hear you. It's it's definitely one of those.
Speaker 5: If you vibe yeah, then you've you've already set that second date. You're good to go. You can just lay off a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, Okay, okay, nice, These are good things to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, do you have any other questions?
Speaker 1: Not in the way of that, because I'm not on any dating apps.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know. This was a lot about like, is it horrible that I've learned so much?
Speaker 1: Like I'm well, our best he's probably learned a lot too.
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel like it's probably I feel like we have more girl listeners than we do guys. But I'm hopeful for all the freaking guys out there that are listening and are single do what Jayden does.
Speaker 2: Second day after the.
Speaker 5: First set it up well, And here's the thing I forgot to mention this. This is this is during the first date, do you guys do like a check dance? Oh, like a like a reach for the No.
Speaker 2: No, the guy should pay.
Speaker 5: No he should. But I pretend no, absolutely, and thank you for your service, because that's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Wait, girls are supposed to pretend like I'm pulling.
Speaker 5: To like I let me be a hero and say put.
Speaker 1: That I still want to pay, Put that away?
Speaker 5: Put that away, let me say that.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 3: Really no, I literally sit there like I'm oblivious to it all because it's like it's kind of just I know this sounds a little prissy, maybe, but it's assumed that the guy will pay for the first date.
Speaker 5: No, he's still assumed he's paying. He's paying. But you do a little bit of a o O and then you go, thank you so much and let me yeah, let me feel like the superhero.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know this sounds horrible, but like I almost wonder if I don't do that, because what if I get the one percent?
Speaker 2: What if I'm stuck with this like crazy guy who's like okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: Cool, sweet thing you're not going on a second no second date. No second date.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, oh, okay, here's my just charge it to my credit card. I guess like what.
Speaker 4: No, if you get a guy that's like that, like just then that's when you just be like, oh, I know we're splitting it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, then you get at least you're just.
Speaker 1: Paying for just yours.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, interesting, okay, okay, Wow. Why why is it that I'm thirty three.
Speaker 2: At least mind is blown? Why is it that I'm thirty three and I'm learning from a twenty four year old? Oh this is not a good sign. Wait, this says a lot a lot.
Speaker 5: Of fourth, fifth, and sixth days. Still rude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just doesn't really get past that. But I'm quick to cut. And that's a whole nother story for a whole nother day.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I'm like, like, just yesterday, that's an issue.
Speaker 3: But like this guy texted me like hey, and I'm like, listen, I cut you off last week, my boy.
Speaker 2: You can't just.
Speaker 5: We've been done.
Speaker 4: They will cut a guy off for like the smallest minuscule thing, and I'll be like that wasn't even a problem.
Speaker 2: But She's like, no, we're done, We're done, We're done.
Speaker 4: But then there's this other guy that she was entertaining and he was just red flag, red flat, and.
Speaker 1: She just was like, no, I'm gonna keep and like make it make sense to therapy.
Speaker 5: Yeah and great, yeah, yeah, therapy and Jesus, that's both great.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know we've been yapping, and do you want to close it up.
Speaker 1: With some ques?
Speaker 4: So we have a couple burning questions for you. First of all, how comfortable are you with getting spicy or do you want to keep a little more tame mmm?
Speaker 5: Somewhere in yeah, yeah, somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 1: Let's see. This one's kind of more tame. Have you ever said I love you and didn't mean it?
Speaker 5: No? No, said that once and I meant.
Speaker 2: It such I know.
Speaker 1: Okay. Do you believe men and women can be just friends?
Speaker 5: Yeah, unless you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Hold on what?
Speaker 5: No? Yeah? Like if you're no, that's a you gotta be you gotta make some cuts when you get in relationships.
Speaker 3: You're saying guys and girls can't be friends even if one of them is in a relationship.
Speaker 5: Like are you hanging out? Are you I guess it's.
Speaker 2: A deeper question than that. There's a lot of new ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had an episode where we dove into it because we both have the same thoughts, but it came up because we got chewed apart in book club when the first topic first came.
Speaker 2: Up because I was curious. We think we can, but we have like boundaries.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, you need the boundaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what is your biggest dick.
Speaker 2: Question? After that?
Speaker 5: M talk talking about the talking about the.
Speaker 2: X on a first date or ever, or like when h like just repeatedly a lot brings it up a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like why.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's in the past. Can you unick an ick.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I think so if you acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of like.
Speaker 3: Your example, right, you're like, hey, like this kind of is like a little buggy that you keep bringing up your ax and then.
Speaker 5: They like and then they cut it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's funny, Okay, okay, nice okay.
Speaker 4: And then the last one is what's the most romantic thing you've ever done?
Speaker 5: That's that is a good question, like all the things like why do you think of just one everything? Let's see, I I this so this is for no one in particular. This is really exposing. Okay, so this is for no one in particular. Okay, this is for my future someone. But I have been creating a playlist, oh my god, since I was sixteen that I add to pretty frequently. It's it's on private.
Speaker 2: It's on private, like cute romantic songs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is labeled for future missus.
Speaker 2: Roberts, you're freaking lined.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so no one will see that until the day I get married.
Speaker 2: That's all right, ladies. You heard it here. First we got Jayden Roberts, twenty four years old, single, single, ready to mingle, but also very ridiculously eligible.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so yeah, I was like, yeah, I graduated college, I got some time for some dates.
Speaker 5: Got some time yeah, school teacher, I got the summers off.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so like maybe we'll yeah, what's your app red flag.
Speaker 1: DMUs and then we can do.
Speaker 5: Yeah I can, I can, I can say it. Okay, Yeah, I made it all right. First of all, I made it when I was like ten. When did Instagram come out.
Speaker 2: It's like he's like, it's your boy, Jaden.
Speaker 5: Your boy Jayden? No, yeah, J Bear j y b e A r oh cute. Zero five, zero.
Speaker 2: Four, that's cute. Is that your birthday?
Speaker 5: That is my birthday?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: May fourth go Star Wars birthday. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was so fun.
Speaker 1: This was way fun. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Do we have anything else? Are we going to? I think we're wrap it up. Good to wrap up, wrap up, wrap up with Bros. Beer's with Bross, hanging out with us, See you guys. Bye.
Speaker 3: All right e bessies, that's it for this episode of the Wine and Wine Podcast.
Speaker 4: Don't leave us, hang in like, subscribe and follow or else we'll drink all the wine without you.
Speaker 3: Kidding kind of And hey, tell a friend they need be besties too.
Speaker 2: Bye