Speaker 1: This segment is brought to you by her title Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. Our buddy Brandon Hurtado and their family spent on Mexicue Mexican barbecue, family recipes passed down from generations. They have locations in Mansfield, ARLINGCDN, and Fort Worth, two inside of Globelive Field, and now one in Dallas at the Farmers Market. So get down there and enjoy some of the best barbecue you've ever had in your entire life.
Speaker 2: But right now, stop for this, good listeners. Here comes kt fun Tweets with the round this.
Speaker 1: Now let's go around the sports. KT fuck Queints has.
Speaker 2: All the sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, lots of Rangers news, right, that's a that's where we're at right now. There's a lot of good things going on and a lot of bad things happening with their sports teams. But Ranger news coming out the wazoo. I don't at the wazoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, so been using this. No one ever says coming into the wazoo, that's true. I've never heard that. Yeah, I always pull out of the metaphor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we will be at opening day Thursday, that's the breaking news, not this Thursday, next Thursday, but on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we wouldn't be at Opening Day when it was an opening day. Yeah, we'll be at the one that's actually happening on Opening Day on a Thursday, the twenty seventh of March against the Red Sox, right Red Sox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we'll be on as the game's happening, which is kind of cool. Actually yeah, and uh yeah, so if you're going to open a day party on Way and party on Guarth.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, we're getting there early too, Like we're gonna be at Live by Low's starting at noon. Yeah, so come on out and hang out with this all day long, and then once we're off the air, we're gonna have like a postgame after party.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a great way to go take in Opening Day without having to buy tickets if you if you're not going to go to the actual game.
Speaker 2: Hang out with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drink beer with us, pregame, during game, and post game. We're just admitting that we're going to drink beer on the air that day.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I'm so. Here's what's going on. Can you guys name the Rangers starting rotation?
Speaker 2: Nope? De Gram. You have Aldi? Oh great, just got hurt. Oh somebody else got hurt too.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they don't know two of the five starters. I think they're well, I think we know now, okay.
Speaker 2: Oh is it lighter? No, they've done soccer today. Oh they signed a guy today. They signed a guy today. Is de Gros good to go?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: But he's he's easing into it. This is my favorite thing about de Gram. I may have ever seen the other day. He was doing a bullpen session and I was the Cubs or somebody they were playing.
Speaker 2: Their pitchers were all just standing around and watching him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Like that's the level of respect that like people in baseball think he's the best best pitcher in the entire game. We just haven't seen him in two years because he's been hurt the whole time.
Speaker 2: You know who I think he is. I think he's the Anthony Davis of baseball.
Speaker 1: Let's go it could be like, let's trade him for the baseball Who can we get?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: TONI so e of all these your opening day starter and then de Gram and then Tyler Molly.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's another he's been hurt. Huge upside, but he's been hurt. They got him last year and he basically missed the whole year.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, and last week John Gray took a line drive off the wrist and broke his wrist. So he will be back around juneish. Cody Bradford, who is going to be your fifth starter.
Speaker 2: He's hurt.
Speaker 3: He has had to be shut down, so like, okay, so we get these guests with jack lighters. He finally found it, so maybe it's going to be Jack Lder. Today they signed a guy and his his numbers are absolutely awful, but I love this signing. This is a signing that this team needs. His name is Patrick Corbin. Patrick Corbin has thrown the third most innings since twenty twelve for a left handed pitcher his era. The last four years. It's six five, six, let's go six like it's bad, let's go. But he thirty one starts, two starts, thirty one like he is.
Speaker 2: Like slot him in there. He's head, get drilled. But you don't have to do bullpen games. He's the A C. Green, He's AC Green. Let's do that.
Speaker 1: So thirty five starts in about six runs, so one eight, So we're we're going to we're going to give about two hundred and twenty runs when he starts.
Speaker 2: But it's okay, that's all.
Speaker 3: But you don't have to do bullpen games. Yeah, those guys out, those guys get hurt.
Speaker 1: They don't have to make a decision on a lighter yet or Rocker because Rocker.
Speaker 2: Just Hitatis Junior in the head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rocker's gonna need to go down to triple A right, which is because going into this camp, I would have thought it was the other way around.
Speaker 1: You would have thought that lighter, that Rocker was closer than lighter. But did they Lighters looked great, Lighters looked good. The lighter is throwing harder than he really ever has. I mean, he had to go out to college like he was before. Coming into spring training on it, it was like, okay, well he didn't throw hard anymore, and he did something and he can throw like ninety eight or ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: He also does not know where the plate is and that's a problem. Yeah, man, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: It's like angels in the outfield. He might he might have hurt his arm. Yeah, I know, Well that's a whole that's the worry.
Speaker 3: Like with all these guys like putting him in these positions that they're not ready to be in yet and talking about is he going to be a closer? Jeff Passing a ESPN is a reporter guy. He said, this is like a day before John Gray got hit in the wrist and Cody Bradford to be shut down. Like on the same day he said that Lighters should be closing for the Rangers by May. But that's not the case now. He is a starter and has to be a starter. You don't even though they don't have a closer. Yeah, but I don't want that. I don't want to use a first round pick as a closer. This is not anywhere near as valuable.
Speaker 1: What is the whole idea he's going to be closing by May because he's not good.
Speaker 3: As a starter yet and he hasn't proven to be good in then.
Speaker 2: I think I think so too.
Speaker 3: But I do think your last you know, ditch effort, effort at getting something out of him is bullpen And I think that's what they were thinking.
Speaker 2: But we're not.
Speaker 3: But he had a great camp, like a great camp.
Speaker 1: He's back in trench as a starter, but it could be it could be too. That is just temporary. I mean, that's what happened with CJ. CJ was fill farting round in the bullpen until he became a starter. The problem with him is he's never had like three straight minor league starts that are good in a row. Like he'll have like one or two and then he goes and walks.
Speaker 2: Seven guys and what happened? Dude?
Speaker 3: But looks like he's probably, which is exciting to me. If you're watching the team like he's in the rotation, that's wonderful. Huge MLB dot comers, the Rangers is the tenth best lineup in baseball, So that's good. Uh, Corey Seeger the tenth player best player in baseball?
Speaker 2: FI have ninth. So what was the tenth best player in the NBA? I mean, what's the rest of the team. I don't know. That means Jacob du Grom the twentieth best player in baseball.
Speaker 1: And people are just gonna put him wherever because no one knows if he can stay healthy. But if he's healthy, he might be top three player in the sport.
Speaker 3: Evan Carter listed as the number fifty seventh best player in baseball and the third best center.
Speaker 2: Fielder that's cool. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: He cannot hit a lefty, so he's a platoon guy right now to me.
Speaker 2: And he's a young guy with back problems. That's scary white lank for the number eight left fielder. I think he's dude. Breakout. Yeah, it's time breakout, you know.
Speaker 3: See how your guys the new guys Jake Berger and Jack Peterson are fun. Yep, Burger guy Burger better smarish. But I think Today's to me is I like it because it's like, Okay, well, we don't have a lot of money to spend. Who's a cheap guy that sucks but will get us through the first couple of months that are going to be hard on us. Like that is what winners do. That's absolutely good. Rangers Fan Optimism poll Rangers fans third highest in the MLB of all teams.
Speaker 2: What is that things are good? Well, how do you feel by your team? Whatever?
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah. Take the answers, get some type of percentage? Do you do this for all the teams?
Speaker 2: All right? And the Rangers are their best they have and I used to be dialed in on their young players and stuff. I'm not really that much anymore.
Speaker 1: But they have a shortstop who's like a top five player in the sport, and then they have a relief pitcher who's like insane.
Speaker 3: Also was a starter who, by the way, is going to be having Tommy Johns.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's pretty given right every Yeah, it's a ranger thing, man, get it knocked out.
Speaker 3: Sebastian Wallcott's the number two prospect in baseball or whatever. We don't know if he can hit yet. He's got to go play a double A. He'll be in first go I think cool? Which they have Rollertown at the ballpark. Yeah. Uh, Joey Gallo is going to be a picture now.
Speaker 2: Saw that. I did not see this, and I'm very intrigued.
Speaker 1: He you know, and I used to We had heard that he had once touched like ninety eight or something on a radar gun.
Speaker 2: The article I was reading yesterday said he got to ninety four. I thought he was higher than that.
Speaker 1: But that's a hard thing to do to just say, hey, I'm going to be a pitcher, but wish him the absolute best. Could that happen to the guy in the steak the Sizzler parking lot? Wouldn't you like an infielder and then became a pitcher after he got out of prison.
Speaker 2: And went to a steakhouse. It didn't work out well.
Speaker 1: If you're talking about Matt Matt Bush. Yeah, Matt Bush. I thought he was a badass infield. Process short he was just drafted number one overall. Joey Gallows story brover.
Speaker 2: That guy, Let's do it. I think he had another incident recently in Arlington.
Speaker 3: Let's get Let's get Gallo to a Sizzler parking lot. I think if Joe gout like, it's not that hard to me if you pitched as a kid and in high school, to pick it back up to me, that's not.
Speaker 1: Not that hard if you were a high school pitcher to get the most the gifted hitters in the world out.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I saw a couple of tweets a couple.
Speaker 1: About the logic of what he said, if you pitched in high school, it's not that hard to go get all the hardest hitters. I was a pretty good shooter in high school. I don't know why I can't go knock down some three in an NBA game.
Speaker 3: Contextually, I should add that saw a couple of tweets that were like it's gonna take her three years to turn him into a And he's like talking about his age and I'm like, no, they'll send him back to college.
Speaker 2: What else does he do for a living? He now pitches. That is his job.
Speaker 3: Now he will depend the miners in pitch. He works, it works, and.
Speaker 1: He would know the chess match and how to pitch to a batter. Obviously, the question is how much velocity does he have, how much movement, how many secondary pitches does he have?
Speaker 2: How much control does he have? I have no idea. What the inswer that would take three years. It's either you're out of the league or you it didn't take three Like this is.
Speaker 1: Quick thing, right or it's a it's a quick thing, unless they're like, hey, that's great. You can throw one pitch ninety five miles an hour. Do you have a curveball? Do you have a slider?
Speaker 2: We're gonna go spend a couple of years developing secondary pitch. I don't know. Don't ask Wash because he'd say it's incredibly hard. Incredibly hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, yes, if you want to do it at a high level. But he just got cut. When not cut, but he's basically having to decide that he's not a hitter for the White Sox, a team who lost the most games.
Speaker 2: Old, he's gotta be like thirty three, right, Well, that's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He was high school teammates with Bryce Harper, right, thirty one, Okay, he's thirty one. He's the Amari Cooper of baseball. It's wild a career batting average of one ninety four. That's good man, pretty good.
Speaker 3: But a couple of years ago, or well, a couple Ranger years where they were absolutely terrible, like top ten MVP type of guy. Yep, there you go. There's your Rangers update. The Mavericks play tomorrow night. Cowboys haven't done anything. They don't do anything. Ever. A lot of mock drafts have them taking the other running back who I've been telling you about, Hampton from North Carolina. Mel Kuiper's big hair was talking about that second. Yeah, he is a second best ringing back. No, no, second round, No at twelve what Noah, everyone's drunk right now. We're just making stuff up right now. This is a silly season for this. They would take him over genty or they're saying GENTI gent would go first and then Hampton would go. But Hampton is the clear. He might be better than gent Genty's a fumbler.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: But whatever. They're not taking running back at twelve. They're not doing that. They're not doing they need a wide receiver, though I think they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna do that. They need to trade back or trade back corner trade back.
Speaker 3: Because they did sign Ishmael Muakwamu to play the.
Speaker 2: Jordan Lewis role. Huge. Okay, it's not gonna happen. Yep, everything sucks all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, it's the only segment of the day that won't be podcasted.
Speaker 2: It's the Today game right here in the Eagle