Speaker 1: I want to talk about the New Creation, and specifically, I've got scriptures in there that talk about the ten trees, the ten trees of your heart garden. And this is kind of a new thing. I put it together for Africa when I went over there. And so these are scriptures about the ten trees of your heart garden. And the.
Speaker 2: Purpose of these scriptures.
Speaker 1: Is to get you thinking like Jesus, to get you processing life more like Jesus and seeing life from his perspective. I really wish, I really wish what happened. I wish that when we bring you up here to the baptismal tank, right, and then we throw you in the baptismal tank. How many of you got thrown in the baptismal tank. So I really wish, and here you are, and you are dead in the baptismal tank. I really wish right after that we could take you out to another room and hook you up to a IV that would fill your heart with the way God sees life. Right, and John seventeen right, the Father and I are one. We know that Jesus is the Word of God made flesh right. So but you know, how does he think? How does he process life. What's his perspective, And what we discover in scripture is that the more we see the he thinks, then the more we become like him by partnering with our faith. Everybody say faith. So this is so important, and I want to just I want to go back to where I left off at the end of the at the end of the service two weeks ago, we left off with tewod Corinthians ten three through five, and we can go there. And here it says, though we walk in the flesh, and that is walk in the earth suit, walk in the sense realm, welcome the natural. We don't war according to the flesh. Now he's alluding to this idea that we're we're up against we're up against adversity, and adversity is up against us. So and for us to be productive in life. And we all have a desire to be productive in life. And in this booklet of scriptures, I'm giving you the ten Trees of Life. We talk about it restored life. And that's kind of my focus in this booklet of scriptures, because I think every one of us are trying to be productive, and our productivity is often focused on these kinds of desires, and Father has a way for us to actualize those desires. Marriage and family, legacy, influence, vocation and purpose, sexuality. I've got ten of these trees listed in there that I think are the They're actually what many times we're focused on, and when we don't bear fruit in those areas and we're not seeing the goodness of God in those areas, if we don't know what to do scripturally, then we end up going into frustration. If our marriage is falling apart, if our finances are falling apart, if our purpose is not fulfilled, if we're not building or leaving a legacy, just any of those ten. Wherever there's hope deferred Proverbs thirteen twelve, hope deferred makes the heart sick. And so where there's a defermative hope, many times then as we might reflect on that area of our lives, we find that we're a little discouraged, maybe depressed, maybe self loathing, maybe embarrassed, may be ashamed. And God has given us this beautiful thing wherein as.
Speaker 2: We are raised up out of.
Speaker 1: Death to Adam and we come into the new creation life, then He partners with us for the fulfillment of the very desires he's placed in us. Did you know that he placed those desires in you? He placed all these the desires that he placed within you, as I've listed him here. These desires are not The desire is not unclean. The desire is not demonic. The desire is not fleshly or carnal. It's what gets attached to that desire. And either we attach the methodology and the plans and the promises of God, or we attach the methodology of the unclean realm. So here we are, and if we could just, you know, go back a little bit to our timeline. Here we are in Adam, and I'm just going to draw Adam here. This is Adam. And Adam has a grumbly face because he's in a bad mood because he just got kicked out of the garden. And so he's got a grumbly face and his hair isn't doing good either. His chin is sagging, and yeah, it's just it's a bad day for Adam. So but the problem is with Adam and grumblely Eve is that you were in his lineage. And here you are down here somewhere, and I'm gonna draw you down here, And here you are with your grumbly face. And here you are down here, and you were made in his image, you were made in his likeness. Johnny forty four says, this is the words of Jesus. That's pretty important. He says, you are of your father, the devil, and then he goes on to define the devil as a liar and a murderer. And then over here in Ephesians chapter two, Ephesians Chapter two, verses one and two, he says that we were all children deserving of the wrath of God because the spirit of disobedience was dwelling on the inside of us, moving us and motivating us. And so in Adam things were bad. And I'm just gonna put this in here so you don't forget. This is Adam, okay. And so this was a bad day. The fall about him was a bad day because these are his breeches. Nobody say bitches. So the Bible says, you were in his loins when he fell. That's somewhere in his breeches. You were in his loins when he fell. And so so Romans five seventeen says that through the sin of that one man, we were all given over to condemnation and death because we were in him when he fell. And so this negative way of thinking, it's like we had the IV. We were hooked up to the IV of negativity. This negativity was natural for us. It was natural. We didn't Profanity was natural. We didn't think anything of it, and cheating was natural, and deceiting was natural, and lying was natural, and hating was natural. And bitterness with our enemies are eukidding me? That was natural. We didn't think an We didn't have to have anybody train our mind. There was no renewing of the mind. We didn't have to learn any of these unclean tactics or techniques. We didn't have to learn any of them. They were downloaded into our nature sure, as a part of us. And the Bible says we were born in iniquity. Iniquity means that we were perverted. It means to pervert, to twist, to distort, and that's our nature. Our very nature was perverted, twisted and distorted from birth, from birth, and nobody had to train us the stuff like we could get angry when we were How old did you were you when you had your first temper tantrum? Right? Come on, somebody, you know if you've raised children, you know, you watch you watch them having a temper tantrum. Nobody had to train them how to have it. They didn't have to go to school to learn temper tantrum. There was no education with that. There was no special class for temper tantrum class. Right, So what because it was a part of it's a part of our nature. It's just the way we're already wired. So, but what happens is we're going to church. Here we are we come here, We're going to church as a part of our nature. And then we we learn along the way. We learn that this behavior has made us a child of wrath, the wrath of God is on us, and that we're separated from God. And we learn that we could be forgiven. And as we learn that this behavior is not of God, but it's a partnership with the demonic realm, because over here, over here, we told you that a moment ago, the Lord over Adam was Satan. So we're going along and we find out we can be forgiven. And so as we embrace John three three through five, and we're born of the spirit. As we embrace that and we're born in the spirit, then we discover something. We discover that we can have a relationship with God. We have peace with God, we have forgiveness, and we have eternal life. Shout yes, somebody, So something happens with us. But we continue down this trajectory and we continue to act like Adam even though we're forgiven. We're acting like Adam even though we're forgiven. Anybody ever have that problem, anybody in the room. So then we want to get over here into the trajectory of Christ, but we don't know how. So then we're instructed that way out of Adam is death. The only way out of Adam is death. Excuse me. Psychology is not the way out about him. Counseling is not the way out of aout him. No counseling can help, right. Counseling can lead us to death. But we essentially needed death. We need a death. I think, I'm okay. We essentially need a death. And so this is what the water of baptism is all about. We go into the baptismal tank and I'm gonna read you some scriptures on this in a minute. But in baptism, we embrace death, and we embraced the death of Jesus in baptism. So just as he came in the likeness of Adam but then sacrificed his life on the cross because of his perfection. When he did that, he was putting to death. The power of Satan over those who are in Adam. If those in Adam will join him in death, they have to join him. We have to join Jesus in death and declare that we are dead to who we were in Adam. Sounds crazy, does sound kind of crazy, but it works. This is a powerful thing. All of Heaven is watching this, The whole spirit realm is watching this. Everything in heaven is watching this. Like Baptism is a significant event that Satan and all of the demonic forces have to honor because we are identifying with the death of Christ and we are dying to who we were and coming up out of the waters of baptism. We are coming up out of the waters of baptism into resurrection. And Jesus is the founder, He's the beginner, He's the beginning, He's the fountain head of a brand new race of people. So you are no longer who you were. But once you've encountered death and resurrection, you come into the second atom, So Jesus is called the second atom. He's also called the last atom by scripture. So up here we have to be real careful because religion is telling us you're still gonna mess up. You're still gonna have bad thoughts, you're still gonna blow it. You're still gonna have timber tantrums. You're gonna have a lot of fear that keeps you from doing things. You're gonna have worthlessness, you're gonna have anger, you're gonna have bitterness, You're gonna have all of that. But the focus of religion is forgiveness. And so this is what religion is telling you. So as long as you memorize First John one nine, you're gonna be okay. You just need to memorize First John one nine. Become very familiar with First John one nine. Now, first John one nine says that if we sin right, we can confess our sins, and He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and the cleanses from all in righteousness. So that's a valid picture of the love of the Lord over our lives, and it's a valid picture of the power of his sacrifice to us and over us. But The problem is it's not worth where. It's not where we're supposed to camp. Have you ever camped at the wrong spot? You camped in a tent when you found out there was an RV waiting for you, and he had running water and a shallow and a toilet. It had a toilet. You didn't have to get up in the middle of the night and kind of meander to a bush somewhere or the backside of a state park, you know, latrine. Hello, somebody, But you camped at the wrong spot. And this is what believers are doing. This is what religion is leading us to do. To camp at forgiveness instead of camp at perfection, to camp at forgiveness instead of camp at restoration. And so we're told that this is where we camp, and so we continue with the mind of Adam. Now I'm talking about people to get baptized. We actually get baptized, and we celebrate baptism. We actually celebrate baptism and we get baptized. But when we spring up into the new life, we don't discover who He made us to be. Now that's why I'm handing out this stuff today because I want you to read this. I want you to read who he made you to be. I want you to read what he has for you in your marriage, what he has in sexuality, what he has in your purpose, what he has in your finances, what he has in rest and recreation. You know, rest and recreation is one of the things that actually you desire to be fulfilled in. And you're probably thinking, he doesn't want that for me. Wow, he never wants me to rest. What in the world God would celebrate my recreation? So let's look at the Bible, Let's look at scriptures. Let's find out what the mind of Christ is, because really, I can't come into the fullness of my restoration over here. And this is supposed to be resurrection life. Is it two rs or two s's what is it? Don't trust me on that one. So this is supposed to be resurrection life, right, I'm supposed to be living resurrection life. But if I don't know what that looks like. If I don't know, because resurrection life is the Christ life. Yeah, But because we don't have a renewing of the mind iv bag, we don't. We don't. We don't have that room. Now, maybe when we build on the church, we'll add that in but right now, right now, when you're baptized in the waters of baptism, we don't have a room where you take We take you in, hook you up to an IV of the mind of Christ and then we, you know, drain a couple of bags into your heart and next thing you know, you've got you walk out and you're like, you know yeah, and you're like a wonder working word machine. And we just say, how are you feeling today? And you say, I am blessed with every blessing in heaven. Okay, that's good. Tests number one okay, Uh, do you feel like you're sick today? No, I am an overcomer of sickness and disease by his stripes, I was healed. Okay. Question number two, that's good. Uh, you said si. And we ask you about ten of these questions you know about your ask you about your finances. Oh, my goodness, My God supplies all of my needs by his by his riches in Christ Jesus. Right, and you just know all these promises, you know, whatever the topic is, right, you know the well, we don't have that IV bag and that room in operation. So what happens is you have to be you have to be the one who renews your mind with the word of God, renews your mind with the life of Christ, with the essence of who he is. Because He is your life, he is your identity, He is the last atom. He is the fountain head of your new creation. And as I said maybe two weeks ago, I say it often if you're having a thought that isn't in agreement with God or Christ, it's not your thought. Doesn't mean you don't take doesn't take it, doesn't mean you don't take responsibility for the thought. But if I'm having an inappropriate thought about my money, if I'm having a depressing thought about my recreation, if I'm having a depressing thought about my sexuality, if I'm having a depressing thought about my purpose, if I'm having a negative thought, if I'm having a theft thought or a fear thought about one of these ten trees that God has placed the desires of within me, then it's not me having the thought. It's an influence from Adam. That is an unclean influence from Adam. And I don't need to come into agreement with it. Now.
Speaker 2: I do take responsibility over it. I take it captive.
Speaker 1: I take it captive and then I grab that thought and I bring it back into obedience to the fountain head of my life. Adam is the fountain head of my life. Second Adam, last, Adam, victorious, Adam, overcoming Adam. He is the fountain head of my life. Now over here, this stuff just was natural. It was just flowing, like something flowing in my veins. Right, it was just natural for me to have these yucky thoughts. So now that I've put those thoughts to death and the power of those thoughts, and I'm no longer listening to the demonic realm that was orchestrating those thoughts, what am I going to think about? What am I going to think about? This is why we're exhorted to read the word. This is why we're exhorted to look at the word. This is why we're exhorted to meditate on the word day and night, and do not let anything else come out of your mouth. What's what's Joshua one six through eight? Say? Meditate on my words day and night. Don't let anything else come out of your mouth? Is Joshua one six through eight? Then you will make your way prosperous and successful. Did you hear that? Oh? No? God's gonna make my way prosperous and successful. Yes, he will, in a partnership with you. It's a partnership with you. You will make your way prosperous and successful because you have come into agreement with the resurrected life that is yours. You and I have to come into agreement with his resurrected life that is ours. Okay, it's almost time to quit. Already, time is flying. Let's read some verses Romans chapter six eight through eleven. Half we died with Christ. You might die with Christ. This is baptism. Okay. If we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him. Now it's not talking about heaven. The topic is not heaven. Knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more death no longer has dominion over him. For the death that he died. He died to sin once for all. Sin is the master of Adam. Satan is the master of sin in the waters of baptism, that's put to death. Yes, he died to sin once for all, But the life that he lives, he lives to God. Likewise, you also consider reckon believe that you yourselves are dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus, our Lord. So you're not just dead, you're alive. You're alive Lord, but you're alive to Christ Jesus. You're alive in Christ. Jesus. Yes, Colossians two, verse nine. For in Christ, all the fullness of the deity lives in bodily form. And in Christ you've been brought into fullness. He is the head of every power and authority. In Him, you were circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self rule by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised with Him.
Speaker 2: Through your faith, through your what.
Speaker 1: Now, you can't have faith if you don't know the word. There's an assumption with Paul. He's assuming that you're learning the word. He's assuming you're learning the word. If you're not learning the word, you can't have faith. Faith is not based on air. Faith is not a thurial. Faith is not a cloud somewhere that you grab. Faith is not a happy thought. Faith is based on the Word of God. Romans ten seventeen. Faith cometh by and hearing the word of Christ. The word of Christ. Christ makes the word alive, and the word word in Romanston seventeen is rama. He makes the rama of the word alive to your heart. And you can't have that if you don't devour the logos. You have to devour the logos that Christ will then buy the Holy Spirit quicken it unto rama. You devour the logos, he turns it into rama. Holy Spirit turns logos written word into rama. As you devour the word, I'm cheating. You came early, she came early, Colossing three one. Since then you've been raised with Christ. Set your hearts on things above where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Now that doesn't mean set your heart on clouds. Set your heart on the way he thinks about money, the way he thinks about marriage, the way he thinks about recreation, the way he thinks about legacy, the way he thinks about influence, the way he thinks about ministry, the way he thinks about family. Set your mind on the way he thinks about these things.
Speaker 2: For you died, who died? Adam died.
Speaker 1: Your lineage in Adam has died, and your life is now hidden with Christ, the last atom in God, who's become the fountain head not just of your salvation or forgiveness, he's the fountain head of every thought, of every thought, of every thought, of every thought. The weapons of our warfare are mighty unto God. Taking every thought captive, how many thoughts, every thought captive, and bringing those thoughts into the obedience of Christ. Why Christ, it's not his last name. He's the anointed one, he's the Messiah, he's the Savior, he's the Redeemer. But he's also the fountain head of your being. He is the last atom, and your life now springs up out of the last atom, not the first. So we're learning in these scriptures how God thinks. We're learning how he thinks we're learning his thoughts over us. They're not just promises. But this little thing I handered out to you today is filled with promises. But it's more than promises. But it's the essence of how He thinks about all of these desires that stir you and move you, and that really you need. You need a word on them. You need a word on those desires. You need faith on those desires, and faith comes through His word when you partner with His word, that's partnering with faith. When you partner with faith, things begin to happen. Mountains begin to move, things begin to change, things begin to get transformed, and you begin to experience this resurrection life that we all desire. Hello, somebody one more if he's a four seventeen. So I tell you this and insist on it in the Lord that you must no longer live as the gentiles do in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to the hardening of their hearts, having lost all sensuality or sensitivity. I'm sorry, having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they're full of greed. That, however, is not the way of life that you learned when you heard about Christ and were taught in Him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. Wow, this is why we learn. We learn because only by learning about Him can we have a renewed mind. And only by having a renewed mind can we taste of the resurrection life He's ordained for us only only only by renewing our mind to the word of God and to the thinking of God over us. You were taught verse twenty two with regard to the fore our way of life, to put off the old self, which is being corrupted by deceitful desires, and to be made new in the attitude of your minds, and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. It's a work of faith, but the faith has to be activated by the word of God. And so we take these scriptures, we study these scriptures like I want to go to a ministry right now, So turn over to whatever page that is we've got. Page one is my health and well being. Page two my vocation and Purpose, Page three my sexual fulfillment. Page four my ministry and serving. Look at this one. Look at this one. This is amazing now that you've been recreated in the image of Christ. Did you know what You have a ministry. You're called to the ministry. You have a ministry. God wants to use you. As long as I stay up here, If I stay at the pup tent of forgiveness. If I linger at the pup tent of forgiveness and I think this is maturity for me as a Christian, and I'm running to the outhouse and I'm suffering, and I'm coming squirting tears all the time because I keep blowing it so much. Then I feel unworthy. I don't get involved in ministry. I don't see myself as a minister. I don't see that I have anything to give. I just see myself as I just never get it. I'm just I'm worm. I just don't have it. It's because I'm not moving on to the recreational vehicle, the RV of resurrection life. When I come over here and I realize, oh my goodness, I'm going to run after the mind of Christ, the thoughts of the Lord. I'm going to get a renewed mind. I'm going to soak in the word of God. He's called me to resurrection and heaven on earth. When I get over here, I realize I'm partnering with Him even in ministry. And so here's what the Word says. The Word says, I have a unique calling. Romans, Chapter twelve, verse four. I have a unique calling. Let's go there. On the screens.
Speaker 2: For just as each of us has a body.
Speaker 1: With many members, feet, hands, arms, ears, and those members don't have the same function. So in Christ, oh I'm in Christ. I'm no longer in Adom. I'm in Christ. So in Christ, the many form one big body. We all have different members, and the members belong to one another, and we have different gifts according to the grace given each of us, and so we exercise those gifts. That's part of what this is about this morning, is we're saying, hey, Church, we got thirty one ministries here in the church, not counting small groups, thirty one ministries. And you have a place in these, like you have a place serving at Nitro or Refine, or serving with Kingdom kids or serving with tribe youth. You have a place. You have a place in engagement and involvement. And all of these ministries need the various different functions of gifting. They all need administrative help, they all need prayer help, they all need prayer teams, they all need prophetic help. They all need serving gifts like help gifts every one of these ministries. And so we can find a place in these. And here's what we believe in New hoverizon. We believe a new horizon that you should serve the Lord with your primary calling, but you also should serve someone else in theirs, And maybe serving someone else in theirs is actually the door to the fulfillment in yours. Look sixteen nine through eleven says that if you're faithful with another man's calling, stuff, goods, talents, if you're faithful with another man's God will make you ruler over your own. So sometimes one of the most wonderful things we can do instead of just wondering, Okay, well, I don't know what I'm called to, so I'm not going to serve. One of the most wonderful things we can do in a house of lively stones like this, where God's building us up and strengthening us and making us a family together is just get involved somewhere. Okay, well, I'm just going to serve somebody else in their vision. Let me find another place where I can serve. And as I present myself to the Lord in another vision, then I know he's gonna activate mine. He's going to strengthen me and mine. Would you stand with me this morning, I'm gonna send the leaders to their tables. We've got all the department leaders around the room. I want to celebrate even before we dismiss I want to celebrate these department leaders. Every department leader is a partaker of grace, every partake.
Speaker 2: Every department leader is the partaker of.
Speaker 1: Grace through faith. Every department leader, something's happened with them, where there's awakening, where there's strength, where there's grace. And so they're partnering together with us as a church to care for the flock. Feed the flock, crow the flock, encourage the flock, equipped the flocks. This is a beautiful thing. We had a great revival in the nineties up at a church in Marysville. It was in the youth ministry. Benny Perez was the leader. About eight hundred young people were coming every Wednesday night to youth group. You knew who the ultra workers were, people with gray hair. You know, the greatest harvest is the greatest harvest is eighteen and under. And we can all serve. We can all serve that harvest. You're thinking, I'm not very hip. I don't have the coolest stuff. You got the coolest thing on the planet. You have love, You have the love of the Lord. You have the love of the Lord. You have a hug, you have friendship, you have kindness, you have maturity, you have a prophetic word in your mouth. Oh well, you could serve in any of these children's ministries. Any of these children's ministries needs you because of the love of the Lord that's in your life. So we just think about all these ministries here. I want you to run around and maybe visit three of them as you sign up today. You're not signing up under commitment, you're not committing, You're just saying I'm interested. And so maybe today there's two or three of these you're interested in, and you just sign up on the sheet and then let them know by doing so, then they'll reach out to you. And this is really just our way of getting you familiar with our teams, our leaders, our ministries. And it's not all thirty one represented here today, but there's a bunch of them here today, and we want you to say hi out front. Some of the ministries are serving you with food this morning while they tell you about the menu street. So we just said, you know what, what if we could do something fun where we feed the flock and make some lunch available and at the same time, just tell you about the ministries, so let's have fun together. Father, We thank you for this morning. We thank you for your grace on us. We thank you that you've led us not only to forgiveness in the Cross, but you've led us into the new creation. You've ordained a resurrected life for us. And we welcome right now your word to be imprinted and grafted sewn deeply into our hearts so that we can receive the renewed mind, so that we can receive the faith of Jesus, and so that we can partner with you in heavenizing the earth. We give you the thanks for it. We shot your blessing over these ministries and over this time together in Jesus' name. Amen, any man, Amen,