Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for community connection right here, Ron kay one, the one you trust, and we have in here's amazingly talented young people from Bartlesville High School. We have Carter Wells, we have Sylvie Hewitt, we have Blithe Murray. Young adults.
Speaker 2: Welcome, How you doing. We're doing great.
Speaker 1: It seems like I've known these young adults since they were children just a couple of years ago. Now you're all growing up and everything. We got Bruins on Broadway coming up in just a little bit. This is a nice variety type of show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: We would describe it as like a musical theater talent show. Basically, our students sing selections from musicals, and we do group numbers and they have individual songs, and it's just a wide selection of all of our student body getting to come together and sing for the audience.
Speaker 2: N Do you get to improvise a little bit? Do you get to pick your own act? You do?
Speaker 4: So each student who wants to participate in Ruins on Broadway auditions. You can audition for your own small act or a group number, and then you can audition for an opener or if we have the cheer squad participating, it's whatever you want as long as it's within the confines of Broadway.
Speaker 2: Well okay, Garter, I guess that kind of opens it up.
Speaker 1: But you have a lot of white variety of things, everything from comedy to share this stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so US three are going to be your hosts for the evening, well great, Yes, we also are performing.
Speaker 2: We have also spent a lot.
Speaker 5: Of time recently, specifically these two on our opening number. It is all student led, so we have opening number. We have multiple additional group acts that we have kind of constructed with some of the people who auditioned, and we put them in numbers.
Speaker 3: And both four choirs are doing numbers. So we have our mixed choir is singing Seasons of Love, and then our jazz choir is singing move on down the Road from the.
Speaker 2: Wiz Oh nice.
Speaker 3: Then our orchestra will hopefully be performing, yes, and then cheers performing. So we like to really get as many groups of people and as we can.
Speaker 1: That kind of scares me when you say the orchestra hopefully have.
Speaker 2: They been notified?
Speaker 1: They you know, okay, just just curious, you know, But either you have a wonderful facility there at the Fine Arts Center.
Speaker 5: And one group Children's Musical Theater of Martinville has allowed us to use their space for some of our rehearsals.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Rachel.
Speaker 1: Nice to have a little insight help there. Now, this is going to be a fantastic show. I've seen this four or five times. You know, we moved here about six years ago and always curious to see what the young people are up to as far as the talent and presenting that talent. And it never fails. It always comes off with that a hitch and you find some hidden or I shouldn't say hitten talent To the person who's performing, they knew they already had it, but it gets revealed to the audience. You say, I didn't know that young person couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we were watching these kids auditions and we've known them for like a long time, and we watched them and you get emotional because you're like, these are kids that I love and they're growing up and they're so amazingly talented, and you watch them, you're like, that was amazing. Where did that come from? Nowhere exactly? And it's just it's really a beautiful experience. I mean, we're not even that old, and we're seeing these kids that we've known for a really long time.
Speaker 1: And so when you see the freshmen and sophomores start to develop and blossom, that's got to really do something for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially the freshmen. There were we had a few freshmen that came in that I've known like forever since they were really little, and I'm like, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: You could do this.
Speaker 3: They were so incredibly talented.
Speaker 1: Now, isn't it kind of odd how they look up to you like you guys are like grown up people and it's only a couple of years different.
Speaker 5: There are a few people in the high school who look up to us and it's almost it's like a persistent they watch everything you've done since you were their age, and then they come in and they're like, oh, that's what I'm gonna do with my life. Now I'm going to follow their footsteps. And it's an interesting experience from the senior perspective watching because we all had those people coming in our freshman year or younger that we've looked up to, and it's just it's a weird feeling knowing that we're leaving.
Speaker 3: It's nice to pass that mentorship the felting down, because we really do have like a series of you look up to this person and now you get to show this younger person everything that you've learned throughout high.
Speaker 2: School and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Man, it is great. It's a great way to showcase the talent of a lot of people. And it's also a great opportunity for young people to kind of break away and all of a sudden say, look, I've add at a different level to my arsenal here.
Speaker 2: You might want to take not as big music. Have people used this as the springboard I.
Speaker 5: Did say so yeah. I think some people get it as a chance to rehearse their audition piece or make sure that that's like up to standards for the musical coming up.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's really a chance to show our directors for the musical or a choir directors that we're ready, We're ready to take on this role. I mean, I know that's how I felt coming into Bruins the Broadway, like tenth grade, eleventh grade, like I'm going to sing this big song because I want you to notice me. So I feel like that's always a good chance. As like a pre audition.
Speaker 2: Maybe it can be.
Speaker 4: A little difficult sometimes to really show them what you can do and acquire just because everyone's singing all once and the goal and acquires to blend with everybody. But this is an opportunity to people, for people to be.
Speaker 2: Themselves and stand out and it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Now, did all three of you participated down there the yet lighting of the Christmas tree? I recognize it.
Speaker 4: I wasn't it.
Speaker 2: You weren't able to go say, oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, great job, by the way, to do that in that kind of cold, good.
Speaker 2: Crazy Yeah. So whatever called to duty. B HS Fine Arts students are there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we do. We kind of tipped off on this a little bit. We got the big musical coming up. Lame miss, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Not just a little no, not that that's that's kind of wow.
Speaker 1: Everybody gets apart because you gotta do this. Yeah, so, uh, it's it's a it's a great show. It was a great book first, and then it became a movie, then a musical, and then a movie musical and now it's.
Speaker 2: Just all over the place everything. But how did we land this?
Speaker 5: Lots of work from miss Walker. Oh yes, yes, props to her.
Speaker 3: Thank you, miss Walker.
Speaker 2: We love you.
Speaker 4: I've been nagging since my freshman year.
Speaker 3: This is all I've wanted.
Speaker 2: So do you want to be Cashot? Is that what?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I want to be Ethaname or a fon team.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, very good. I just want to be in.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be you want to be the keeper in the end because he's funny. Sasha Cohen Barrett played that in the movie and I didn't recognize him.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was that good. Anyway, this is a huge thing. How do we get tickets for this?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Are they available?
Speaker 3: Musical tickets are not available yet, but Bruns on Broadway tickets are available and is our fundraiser for the musical. So you need to come see out first.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: First, you need to come see Bruins on Broadway first so that we can get the money to put on this fantastic show. So if you want to buy tickets, you can buy them pre sale for ten dollars or fifteen dollars at the door and pre sale you can ask a student, you can ask a choir teacher, or you can ask us.
Speaker 2: Russ there we have to go in order. I'm sorry I didn't keep my powder to try on that one. You'll be back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the musical, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You got to be able to come in here and talk about that. But Bruin's on Broadway is another one one of those things where if you think you're going to come in to see you're a run of the middle talent show, you're sadly mistaken. It's a show and there's a lot of talent, but you have no idea what's going to hit you.
Speaker 2: Everything is a surprise.
Speaker 1: And I like the way the hosts through years past have just kind of woven themselves into the and stitched themselves into the whole thing and and really made it work, and really made it.
Speaker 2: You guys can be pretty funny too, like to think so, well, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And the thing is is that some folks might think, well, you know, this is kind of a serious thing. Well, you know, it's the presenter. You got to be on your toes because you don't know what you're going to be called on to do, right so, and it's it's good to see that you're going to be wearing regular clothes instead of dressing up like a squid.
Speaker 2: Or a donk dis Yes, there's always talk there you go. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I saw Carter do squid word when he was in children's theater, and you knocked it out of the park. I mean, I gotta tell you were hilarious. But and you played a squirrel. I was Sandy and Cinderella right over here right, Okay, See I remember this not as all as I thought. But it's amazing how many different characters the three of you have played combined. And and it's not like you three have been typecast in any way, shape or form, I don't think, because although some may share some similarities, but each one of the characters that you've played, you three have been clearly defined and you've individualized that and that to your talent.
Speaker 2: So that's that's a recredit to directors.
Speaker 5: Definitely have like they throw curveballs at people effects. Yeah, but every single role that I think all of us have had has been a joy perform.
Speaker 2: What was it like being a squirrel? That's a great question, you know, kind of nutty.
Speaker 3: It was fun. It was fun, that's for sure. That was That's one of the roles I missed them most, for sure. It was such a great chance and just I miss that show.
Speaker 1: That such a fun show. Now, when we did the One Blink that you were in Cinderella, we had these big led type screens that was high tech. A lot of people don't understand that this was basically a wall of lights that change scenery ever so suddenly and kind of like a brushstroke. And all of the characters playing in that one that had to be awesome. And not every school, I don't think you guys know this. Not every school has what you guys have there in part.
Speaker 4: No, that was like Broadway level incredible thanks to Brad Gray, and we're very grateful for everything that. Like, we have a lot of alumni that come back and they want to help us because this is you know where they got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And speaking of that, I've never seen a show yet where some graduating seniors or people who have been a couple of years out have not come back and said how to to do the performers. Actually, it's it's it's customary. You guys gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Of course I will be there in the front road.
Speaker 2: So once again, when is the show?
Speaker 5: It is January twenty third, your next Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we got to be there at the Fine Arts Uh Center.
Speaker 2: There. I guess the doors open at six. Yeah, yeah, it starts at seven. Yeah. Mama likes to be there at six.
Speaker 1: So yes, it's only nine hundred front row seats, but we got to have the first rount.
Speaker 3: We are hoping to sell out.
Speaker 2: Oh you will.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of seats, so everyone better be there, Oh you will. We sell this the better the musical.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh gosh, yeah you gotta. Yeah, this is kind of the you know, some some insurance money, you know what I'm saying. Oh, insurance a little to put on. Yeah, make sure to check carrys. Okay, folks, all right, I want to thank you all for being here and putting up with me for today.
Speaker 2: In good luck, break a leg.
Speaker 1: It is Bruins on Broadway on the twenty third at the Bartlesville High School Fine Arts Center, seven pm.
Speaker 2: Get your ticket. It's how you're on.
Speaker 3: The spot tickets. You can ask our teachers, you can ask a student, or you can ask miss Russ. And it's ten dollars pre sale, fifteen dollars at the door.
Speaker 1: At the door. You can get it at the door. You get it paid through the notes. So hit up somebody you know all right, Thank you. Guys and gals appreciate it as always