Speaker 1: Oh chili dot com.
Speaker 2: So here's the third and final segment for the night. And I took a lot longer with this than I thought I was gonna, but hey, what the hell, let's go deeper on these things.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I've gone into the thug you all, f U g U letter you oil okay.
Speaker 1: Section.
Speaker 2: I've gone through uh poll icy Okay, the poll icy.
Speaker 1: The foreign poll icy.
Speaker 2: I've gone through that sum and not covered at all because there's a lot of things going on deportation Nation, stay tuned, because we still don't know who shot JR. Who is threatening the new judge whatever his name is. Uh, he's doing some interesting stuff out there, and there's still stuff happening in the courts.
Speaker 1: I've covered that.
Speaker 2: I want some new writers to give me new, fresh perspectives and you could be part of the front page at o'chilli dot com. Who knows, maybe I'll just be able to read from that from now on. JFK document dumps, et cetera, et cetera. But here's something I want to bring you a bit of nostalgia, if you don't mind. But let's get to this other thing first. And I'm wondering if Bpete has taken notice of this because he always mentions the food banks and what's happening, because we could get into Doge and the cuts and all that, and that's, you know, part of the chaos that's ensuing. But nationwide funding cuts halts delivery of three hundred trucks, affecting local food bank supplies. This is according to a couple of Fox News outlets. But I've gone with Fox twenty six news. Where's it at of anyway, let's see blah blah blah blah blah. I'm trying to figure out where this place is actually from this Fox News but anyway, from a Fox News outlet and reported many other places. Here's the headline, Fresno, California. The Central California Food Bank says it is now waiting on thirteen truckloads of food that we're expected to be distributed to local food banks, a ripple effect from massive federal funding massive federal funding cuts to food assistance programs. The disruption comes after the Trump administration pulled one billion dollars in funding from the Commodity Credit Corporation, which oversees several national food bank assistance programs. According to the Food Bank officials the cuts were made without warning or explanation. Nationwide, roughly three hundred fully loaded trucks are now on hold, unable to deliver food to communities in need. Locally, the Central California Food Bank says it is preparing for even more cuts at the state level. Quote, we see an increased need due to inflation, said Kim Dilding, chief operating officer of the Central California Food Bank. The ever rising cost of groceries, medical care, and utilities are really pushing a lot of families into our lines and needing more services. So. Dildean says, one in four adults and one in three children in the Central Valley struggle with hunger. The food bank currently serves about three hundred thousand people, a number that's expected to rise in the coming months. The food Bank says the thirteen delayed trucks alone represent about five hundred thousand pounds of food valued at more than eight hundred thousand dollars, that was intended to feed local families from April through July. Central California Food Bank this is, in quotes, doesn't have the ability to raise those funds or bridge that gap in this quick time period.
Speaker 1: Tildean added.
Speaker 2: The cut stem from changes to the USDA's Commodity Credit Corporation, which not only supports food distribution to struggling families, but also provides an outlet for farmers to tell their produce to food banks. Pause from the article real quick. So the USDA, this is one of those cuts. This is in usaid. This is USDA anyway.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: Food banks are really struggling right now to try to figure out what to do and how to keep serving the communities that rely on them, said Becky Silva, a food security advocate. Further complicating the issue, Silva says state funding to the California Food Assistance Program is expected to plummet from sixty million to just eight million, a staggering ninety percent reduction. Okay, I'm gonna pull away from the article and tell you this. This valley area in California because of the dense population representatively, you can transfer this to the entire state of Georgia, where food banks which were able to give a weekly distribution of food to people, which consisted of effectively one box. And I've gone and collected one of thesexes myself, so I know consists of one box which usually contains either beans or rice in a dried bag, and a few cans, and a few other things which could be from local supermarkets, like nearly gone bad fruits, nearly gone bad breads, stuff like that. If you're lucky, a pox box of pasta comes with it, and something to represent.
Speaker 1: The the you know, the the.
Speaker 2: Dairy portion of the food pyramid, if you will, and perhaps some sort of packaged which is usually a can meat. And it doesn't even fill up this whole small square box which is about a cube actually of about two feet by two feet by two feet, and that cube is about half full. And they were doing that once a week if you signed up up, if you got there in time, and they did it for a couple of hours, like every Tuesday or Wednesday, I forget which, and that was that, and you had to be there at about seven in the morning to collect your food, and you had to be signed up in advance, although you could go there one week and sign up in the next week, you'd receive it. And that is what they would give you. If you had a family of three or four. If you had a family of I think it's starting at six, you get two boxes, and that's.
Speaker 1: All I know about it.
Speaker 2: Now. I didn't have a family of six, and I'm only got the three here at Ocelli house. But that's what we got about six items in the box. Now, I'm not complaining. I'm just telling you the reality of it. It's not as though we were filling a pantry or a refrigerator or even a full dinner table. Really with the products that came from food bank. Occasionally you could create, you know, a day's worth of meals out of it if you were lucky, but generally speaking, not so much. Oh and there might be a jar of peanut butter, which was usually acquired in one of these large cases that might have come through a program like what they're talking about in California. But that's the type of food assistance that people are getting. In case you're thinking that people are living lavishly for free, and hell, you can always go to a food bank and get something to eat. I'm telling you exactly what shows up in a Georgia food bank box.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: That you had to have a government ID to get it, and I don't think you could even be in illegal and get it here at the food bank that I know of. But I'm told that some food banks you could get around that possibly and as long as you proved that you lived in the town somehow and you were cool. But there's usually hurdles, and that's what you get for your hurdles. Now in California, my understanding is that they get they were getting much better amounts. They might have to cut back to Georgia levels of food bank assistance.
Speaker 1: I'm not making jokes here, by the way.
Speaker 2: I'm very seriously telling you about the realities of what it is they have with minimal support coming from the FEDS, and with minimal support coming from a community.
Speaker 1: See if a community in.
Speaker 2: General is already challenged food wise, etc. Well, they're food banks which collect from that same community. Usually don't reflect an abundance you know that's gonna address the need in that community. And cutting back on any of it not necessarily the best thing to do. When we're looking at at again, eggs and chicken being smuggled across the Canadian border just to try and bring the price down, I mean, that's an effort even being taken on to try and smuggle in some products so that you can feed people at a more reasonable price. So with the added expense of smuggling and everything, it's still cost effective to get Canadian eggs and chicken because of what's happening here. And meanwhile, I know that inflation is worldwide. I'm just trying to make a point in case you are so comfortable that you have no idea what I'm talking about, then I'm happy for you, and I'm glad you're blessed, but a lot of us are not. And I can't even get to the food bank really because hey, I don't have a lot of friends with transportation, and we don't currently own a car. We've been without a car for probably coming around to two years, and it's limited us for being able to go out and make a living or be able to go out and afford to buy a car. Anyway, I'm gonna give you guys a little trigger warning here because it's gonna get weird. And before I explain or read from the article that I'm gonna probably finish off this very unique O'Kelly effect news program tonight, I go to looking in words, looking and words, so looking n words and that is the title of the sub stack that I'm gonna read for from uh, and the guy's name is Ron ken Yetta. Ron is spelled like John but with an R instead of a J, so r O h N and then can ken YadA. I'm probably mispronouncing his name because I've only ever.
Speaker 1: Read it k E n y A T t A. And who knows.
Speaker 2: I might have some other clips to play too before I'm all completely finished here, But I wanted to play this portion of a song which a lot of you, especially if you're over the age.
Speaker 1: Of forty, definitely know, although you may have.
Speaker 2: Forgotten, they had lyrics and everything else, because the instrumental version of this was used for one of the most popular TV shows to ever air on broadcast television.
Speaker 1: And it'll become relevant shortly. Time willys our skins. It doesn't hurt it.
Speaker 2: Begin, but as it works it's way on to the pain grows stronger.
Speaker 1: Watch it now.
Speaker 2: You might not recognize the tune just yet, and lyrics like the sort of time will pierce our skins. It doesn't hurt when it begins, but as it works its way on ind the pain grows stronger.
Speaker 1: Watch it grin.
Speaker 2: Sounds probably, I don't know what would they call that nowadays? A bit emo like some teenage poetry from somebody that you thought was deep when you were fifteen, But it does have a significant meaning and came up in an ex post which I put out, and uh, most people that are usually happy to mock me or even celebrate me or whatever, didn't even want to touch this ex post when I talked about something after I encountered an article which I will mention in just a moment. But let's listen to a little more of this tune that you may or may not be familiar with again over the age of forty. You might be embarrassed that you didn't recognize it and couldn't name that tune right away if you missed it, But some of you I know have it already. Let's listen a little more before I get into the rest of the score. Suicide is thangless. It brings on many changes.
Speaker 1: And I can take.
Speaker 2: Okay, suicide is painless. It brings on many changes, and I can take or leave it if I please. Again, sounds kind of grim, sounds kind of down. And if I'm triggering you, my apologies, Maybe turn this off and go do something to make you feel good. In the meantime, the article that I referenced and put up on X and then put a personal note to had to do with this headline Vets Families of vets who die by suicide battle the VA for death Benefits. This is a constantly ongoing story, and a version of this hit CNN dot com. But people started talking about it online and I found the discussions of it holly ridiculous, but wanted to add my two cents and make a comment about it. And meanwhile, suicide is Painless is actually the name of this song that I'm playing clips from. It was written by Johnny man Dell and a little more of it, and then I'll give you the punchline, so to speak to why it is I'm playing it and what you should know it from. Street quested me to answer question.
Speaker 1: Is it to be or not to be? And I replied, oh me, okay.
Speaker 2: Brave Man once requested me to answer questions that are key is it to.
Speaker 1: Be or not to be? And I replied, oh why ask me change? Please? You can the same thing, please?
Speaker 2: Okay. So I fade that down just because it's appropriate to do so, and I gotta tell you the last line there, of course, once again repeating the refrained.
Speaker 1: Suicide is painless.
Speaker 2: It brings on many changes, and I can take it or leave it if I please, and you can do the same thing if you please.
Speaker 1: And that's the end of the.
Speaker 2: Song, and probably why they didn't want to include much of the lyrics in the comedic show Mash because that's what the theme song was, Suicide is Painless. And if you actually saw the movie, as opposed to the TV show, you might have heard the entire song. But anyway, it's not the Forbes story or the CNN story worry about vets struggling, having to fight over and over and their survivors continuously having to argue with the Veterans administration over benefits and all that that brings this.
Speaker 1: Up, not at all.
Speaker 2: In fact, it's just a reminder and based on that X post that I bring it all to your attention once again. So back to the substack, looking n words again, Ron Kennetta. Okay, And it begins with a picture of Heath Ledgers Joker, which I appreciate and I enjoyed that portrayal of the Joker. I think it's one of the best. All that kind of good stuff. Anybody who was kind.
Speaker 1: Of plugged in the pop culture.
Speaker 2: In the nineties, or is even old enough to have been plugged into the pop culture of the nineties, has pretty much, you know, gone into the Heath Ledger thing, and it's all part of legend, reality and pop culture anyway. The Joker, what happened question mark? Did your balls fall off? Question Mark? In one of my favorite movies, The Dark Knight, and in one of the greatest and most tragic performances by an actor in cinematic history, Heith Ledger plays the character of the Joker. During a scene where the Joker is taunting a group of criminals, mocking their fear and weakness, he famously says, what happened did your balls fall off? The Joker is a psychopathic, chaotic figure, and this statement is a typical example of his cruel and unpredictable nature. The Joker is trying to provoke a reaction from the criminals, showing them that he is not afraid to go to extreme lengths Now, I pause from ken Yetta's article here.
Speaker 1: To say, he's kind of got it half right.
Speaker 2: You know, he's taunting a group of criminals, mocking the fear of their weakness. Blah blah, typical example of his cruel and unpredictable nature. Actually, cruel may be correct, but unpredictable, not at all. It is predictable once you let go of common convention and you understand that not everybody is playing by the same rules as you. He walks into a you know, a meeting, a get together, a various criminal heads of Gotham, all sitting around a table in the kitchen of a restaurant. I think trying to come up with what the hell is going on? We're getting robbed of the money that we robbed from everybody else and putting our banks.
Speaker 1: Somebody's robbing our banks.
Speaker 2: Which I find to be an interesting part of that storyline, which is often ignored. The Joker has been robbing them, and he walks in to say, let's cut a deal. And when they say, hey, what's gonna stop us from just, you know, sending a couple of my boys to pull your head off your shoulders. First of all, the Joker dispatches with a guy of one of these tough guys being sent over to kill him with a pencil, drives that straight into his skull, end of him. And then when they really get ready to threaten him, and they're about ready to say, we'll screw it, We'll just send all of our tough guys on you. He pulls out a little string comically tied to guess what, a nice grenade under his coat, where it's like, hey, anybody touches me, I might mind up pulling this key out of this grenade.
Speaker 1: And this kitchen is not.
Speaker 2: Gonna pass its next health inspection. Now he doesn't say that, but that's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to Kenyetta's article and remember that scene in the dark Knight, because it is a dark knight for all of us at this point, and to me, this is the metaphoric punchline of the day.
Speaker 1: And should I play any more audio? Nah, I think we're good on that.
Speaker 2: You guys have gotten enough, although weenie dogs might make me have to do it if they're gonna keep making noise.
Speaker 1: We'll see anyway.
Speaker 2: The suffix side comes from the Latin word sieda, meaning killer, and sidim meaning the act of killing. The root itself is derived from the Latin verb okay sodair okay which I don't even recall that word, but anyway, which means to cut, kill.
Speaker 1: Or strike down.
Speaker 2: Over time, the suffix has been combined with various prefixes to form words that specify the target of the act. For example, infanticide is the act of killing babies. Matricide is the act of killing a mother, because obviously infantsa is the babies and matri is the prefix for motherly and while patricide, it says in here is the act of killing a father, patri being the suffix for father Soroicide, rarely used word, is the act of killing a sister, as fratricide is the act of killing wait for it, a brother brother. Cain will be a is the subtitle the next part of this article. Demo side refers to the murder of a government, encompassing genocide, politicide, and mass murder, and includes any killing of a government or its agents, whether international or through reckless indifference. Donald Smitty Trump has tapped into Daniel Caine to be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff following the dismissal of General Charles Q. Brown Junior, only the second black man in the United States to serve in that capacity. Cain is also known as what is called a venture capitalist. This means, like many in Smitty's cabinet, he will conduct himself in a manner of that enriches him point blank. Think about it, and then the next subtitle is I Smell a muskrat. In the next thirty six months, the US will experience things its population cannot imagine. It will see soldiers in the streets, and it will see the death of many of its citizens. For democrats to publicly fight among themselves and show discord is given the nature the nation's trajectory. Excuse me, political suicide. Suicide is defined as death caused by self directed injurious behavior with intent to die as a result of the behavior. Suicide is not painless janets parallel parable. Excuse me, suicide is not painless janets parable. The year my baby girl graduated from high school, some half dozen years ago, I received a phone call that will forever be emblazoned upon my mind and soul. The woman on the phone informed me that I was the beneficiary of five thousand dollars due to the death of a policyholder. Since I have few relatives other than my children, I was perplexed, while simultaneously ecstatic at such a windfall. Being a single parent, while homecoming dances, prom grad night, debate tournaments, yearbooks, and a lot of other expenses and stuff was transpiring. Confused as to how this occurred, I asked the woman who is the deceased. She told me it was my dear friend, Janet. I met Janet about a decade before her death, resultant from a local government quote mixer that required my compulsorily compulsory attendance given my business model.
Speaker 1: At the time.
Speaker 2: Janet was a high official in a famous southern California city and we were kindred spirits almost immediately. During that time, my baby girl was in second grade, and I divulged my challenges as a black man in the United States raising a female child alone. I was looking for a quote, nanny and quote, and Janet said I'd be honored to help if I can. And later Janet met my little girl and it was as though I was watching two children together. The bond they formed was real, it was organic. I felt I had been blessed, so to speak, especially considering Janet's off the scale intelligence. She was a bisexual, white female that possessed two master's degrees and a doctorate. The aforementioned city for which she was an official is nationally known for progressive policies, and she exuded what the city stood for in parentheses, not that I necessarily agree with its policies in entirety. Gradually, Janet became a unique and trusted part of my tiny family. We began a relationship that was not physical in any way. It was closer than that oxymoron. Notwithstanding, Janet was not my cup of tea from a physical standpoint. In fact, I found her incredibly unattractive in that limited sense. But her mind was a the most glorious beauty. We would sit up all night discussing politics and policy. Anyone that knows me knows that is the way to my heart is through my mind. If you can't critically think, you ain't got nothing coming zero. As I got to know Janet, I learned of terrible things that happened to her as a child.
Speaker 1: As I am well aware.
Speaker 2: That broken children make broken adults, Janet was repeatedly raped as a child by her older brother, his name was Quinn. This was exacerbated by the fact that her parents, particularly her mother, not only failed to protect her, they ridiculed her. The psychological damage to Janet was so severe that she elected to have ECT only known as well, also known as shock treatment. The drugs psychotropic and otherwise became ineffective, and she was desperate. Now it is important to note that Janet had a doctorate.
Speaker 1: In psycho.
Speaker 2: When she informed me of this decision, I was quite concerned, though I did not know how damaging such treatment can be. I'd find out late to goddamn late. My daughter and I had relocated about one hundred miles away when Janet started her ECT. My baby was in elementary school, and my plate was always beyond full of responsibility. After the treatments, Janet would often call me nauseous and disoriented, but she never asked for me to come get her. One day, she said it was right at the end of the school day, and I told Janet, Janet, I am one hundred miles away and school just let out. Given traffic, there is no way I can get there. She pleaded with me, and I denied her. She never called back. It would be eight years later when I got the call from the insurance investigator. The investigator went on to tell me Janet had died from suicide, an intentional overdose of the very drugs that she had wished to avoid. I had never had experience with suicide, and it shocked me to my very core. I remember telling my daughter and we both held each other and cried for a.
Speaker 1: Long long time.
Speaker 2: But we were crying for different reasons. My baby was crying because she loved Janet, and Janet was a trusted friend. Because, you see, my baby too new abuse at the hands of those who trusted to protect her, including government officials. I was crying because I should have gone to get Janet when she called me and needed me. I will spend the rest of my natural life regretting my selfishness and wondering had I done that simple thing, would you still be here today. Guilt is the baddest of mfs, and suicide is very, very painful. I will leave the rest of this article for you guys to read and understand something. As I look at the flippant way that people are responding to this idea that oh, shut up winding veterans family that committed suicide.
Speaker 1: He was weak. You took the easy way out all those things.
Speaker 2: That's fine and dandy for you to be able to do that from behind a keyboard, but when you got to live with it, or you got to live with the idea that you somehow didn't follow through on something or couldn't save somebody who destroyed themselves, either with an absolutely overt suicide or with something they've done to themselves that led to their death, that led to their demise, and you had an inkling of humanity left to you, and people weren't just targets of ridicule for you when you felt the need to lash out, and you know, event on somebody else when you get to that point, or you ever experience that, I hope none of you ever do, but if you do, whether you're like me at certain points in my life where indeed a suicide that occurred I was a four year old and couldn't have had any effect and was simply told to just go be a man to get by it afterwards that way, or if you watch somebody else destroy themselves from a distance because you didn't run to be close enough of a friend when they needed you, or if you've known somebody who actively and completely with sound mind made a decision to take their life because the pain was too much. Until you've tasted all those flavors at the baskin robins.
Speaker 1: Of destruction, you.
Speaker 2: Really don't have a right to piss on other people who you don't understand and claiming veterans benefits for your family, because you've lost somebody who was obviously, in some way or other, not necessarily directed directly, but in some way or another, their experience in giving up on certain parts of their humanity had to be done so that they could participate in the defense of this country. On your behalf and all that, keep your yellow ribbons and stick them wherever you want to, and tell me about how you honor and respect and thank the troops all you want, but remember there's a lot of prices to be paid. And some people leave their blood, their limbs and whatnot on battlefields, and sometimes their whole bodies. Other people leave parts of their soul. And I say, if you really want to have respect for those individuals, and you really want to show them some decency, you can do a hell of a lot better than you're doing. And definitely don't be one of these scumbags online who is flippantly telling somebody who was a survivor of the situation how they took the easy way out and how they shouldn't be whining to the Veterans Administration for something they are damned well entitled to. And by the way, I didn't receive anything from the Veterans Administration because they decided that my father's records didn't exist for a very long time.
Speaker 1: So I never had any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: And I'm not even saying it as somebody who collected, but I am saying it as somebody who has maybe not sampled every one of those destructive dynamics among people that I've loved or cared about in my life, but enough of them to say, I know what ice cream is. And I may not be the smartest, most experienced or anything man in the world world, but I know this much. You ought to keep the names out of your mouth to the people that you don't understand and don't know who are making a point about the rest of the cost for people that pay it while you sit in comment about it and think it's okay to leave it in the hands of a Fox TV show host to make decisions, because I could have talked about, you know how there was a reporter left in a chat in an unsecured line about you know, possible plans for bombing Yemen and all that, but you can go ahead and check it out. Just think about whose hands you're putting all those lives in. The true believers who sign up, Hey, sometimes they're actually foreign people that are trying to earn their citizenship, and sometimes there are people that were born here, but for some reason that I can't quite fathom, still one hundred percent believe in the American dream and believe that their service will contribute to preserving it. I don't agree, and I think they're often misused, misplaced, and absolutely abused by a system that uses them to benefit people that they wouldn't even.
Speaker 1: Spit on if they were on fire.
Speaker 2: But nonetheless, as an outsider, why don't you take the time to think about it before you start commenting on exactly what somebody should and should not have in their own personal circumstance and those who have to survive it after they collapse under the weight of their own personal experience when they've worn a uniform. So all that aside, I urge you to continue to support ocell dot com the effect and hopefully we'll continue to thrive, survive, and evolve. But the day that suicide is less painless than living here.
Speaker 1: Might be the day that you see a lot of people go away. Huh. Go to Shelly dot com. Support this if you care at all to hear so you don't