Speaker 1: I take a book. Hello, and welcome to the talson the Dark Podcast. I'm your host, Bob. You're my co host, Brittany.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, what's up Brittany.
Speaker 3: How's it going.
Speaker 2: It's going pretty good. How are you?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's going good. Another day in April, ready for the spring to actually kick in. But it's fine.
Speaker 2: You have a you have an eternal war with winter every single year.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's just the worst. It doesn't have to exist. I don't care what anyone says. It doesn't have to exist.
Speaker 2: Winter Wonderland has to be like your number one op.
Speaker 3: They got shooters. I heard too. That's that's the problem.
Speaker 1: So let's let me ask you a quick question. How you know because we had word on the show, and did you have you looked at any of his like like the artwork for Dark Collar. No, so the artwork is beautiful. Shout out to whoever did that. I know when we had him on the show a few weeks ago, he had mentioned like he kind of stole from the Ozarks the symbolism that he does for the episodes. But one really interesting thing about Dark Haller is he put high strangeness in low places.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of the hook on a lot of his.
Speaker 1: Like the the like artwork and stuff and what's been used, like the media push for Dark Hollar, And it kind of set me down a rabbit hole of Appalachia as a whole. But then also the Ohio River Valley, because the Ohio River Valley seme you know, very very similar and set up to a lot of the rivers that run through Appalachia. Well, there's not a lot of you know, big rivers in the areas, you know, that's that's bigger than the Ohio River that I'm familiar with, except for the Mississippi, which of course led me into the episode today, which the pass At Gula abduction. Have you heard of this before?
Speaker 2: I feel like I've heard about it in Passing, but I don't think I've ever actually researched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting because it has some crossover with the flat Woods Monster, which there's some debate over the flat Woods Monsters. The Flatwoods Alien or UFO or whatever the terminology used is very strange. But the Flatwoods Monster specifically was kind of mechanical in a way. Yeah, and that's sort of how they describe this, depending on which like which.
Speaker 2: Point of view?
Speaker 3: Yeah you read?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now what's really interesting to be about the pass At Gula abduction is is it was two guys that mainly had the encounter, but not too long ago more people started to speak out about this, like forty fifty years later.
Speaker 2: Don't you love how that works? I mean, they finally get the the gumption to bring it up, you know what I mean? Maybe that's what Maybe that's the case.
Speaker 1: Well, and what it where my mind always goes with this kind of stuff is you have to instantly be skeptical of new experience just coming out of the woodwork.
Speaker 2: This late in the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it also makes me wonder with all these things like you know, the UAP committee hearings and stuff that we're hearing about and all the big disclosure that's supposed to be happening, Like, is it is it far fetched that there's more people coming out of the woodwork that saw this, or is it less far fetched because people think it's okay to talk about now because it's in the mainstream so much more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's being accepted somewhat better than it has and late late years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it just makes me wonder, like I said, is is it should you continue the same skepticism with these new contact ees or like we've discussed a thousand times on the show, do we have to be equally sympathetic to all contact these of all sorts or it's it's a hard kind of line to draw between where healthy skepticisms healthy skepticism comes in and just like this is nonsense, I also have to care about your story at the same time. Okay, I don't know, it's hard to describe. It makes sense in my brain, but it's just it's hard as hard as a researcher to look at something forty to fifty years after the fact, is like equally as impactful as the as the original?
Speaker 2: No, and you're absolutely right, especially because there have been a lot of hoaxes that throughout the years have come to light from people trying to just do quick cash crabs or or what have you. So I mean it is normal to have that kind of skepticism with the story. But regardless, I think everyone deserves at least at least the chance to be examined, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone deserves the other voice heard yeah now rather or not now? It's just so hard because I have the same issue with like an Injured Cold encounter in twenty twenty four, Like it's it's very difficult for me to hear, you know, because there was a story about a month ago on Reddit about a supposed encounter with Injured Cold in West Virginia and it was like, I want to believe.
Speaker 3: You so bad?
Speaker 1: Does that make me blind to the fact that you know, injured's kind of a big thing right now.
Speaker 2: Again, I mean, I think the issue in your statement is what you started with that you want to believe. I mean that if you go back to John Keel, everyone to take a shot like the belief is the enemy, yeah, and that case. And so you just really do have to come in at any of these stories, especially any that you would have any kind of emotional connection with from a scientific point of view. But I will say that even with cases like notorious uh contact contactors like Indrick Cold coming into the limelight again, they were so impactful, like the original story was so impactful in the community, and you know, maybe the name itself became larger than life. I mean, you never really know, like it's not like they come up to you with a driver's license in some form of identification.
Speaker 1: So you're saying some UFOs could be some aliens here could be.
Speaker 2: Like impersonating, Yeah, absolutely, like.
Speaker 3: Stolen valor for the UFO community basically.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's there's no why Why would it all be on the contact tee to be making it up? You know what I mean. I mean we talk about the trickster like elements of these beings of this phenomenon constantly, So why wouldn't they trick you into thinking it's something it's not.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, Okay, So on here to the Pascagoula abduction. On the nine of October eleventh, nineteen seventy three, Charles Hickson and Calvin Parker were fishing together to an abandoned shipyard near the place that they work together.
Speaker 2: This is a sacred activity. How dare the how dare the aliens?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right now, I guess when I think of fishing stories being embellished, it's never about a UFO coming. It's just how big is that catfishing? I really got. As the story goes, a blue light emerged from the clouds above them, and the men watched a football shaped object descend and hover nearby, from which two unusual beings emerged. So I want to keep that in mind. The football shaped object, that's hyper specific.
Speaker 2: And somewhat unique. I mean, I'm sure there's been a couple of encounters with foreign objects, yeah, shaped that way, but yeah, that's not that's not the regular cigar or just disc shape that you hear typically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I would love to see it, and I'm sure someone smarter than me has already done this. But see a graph of not a graph, but like a I guess, like a timeline of UFO encounters versus UFO shapes, and see if during these window areas, these flaps that occur, is.
Speaker 2: There like a specific time period that has a specific shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there a commonality between these shapes? And do they disappear and then reappear at later flaps like forties to the sixties, sixties to the eighties, so on and so forth.
Speaker 2: I think the issue that we're also probably running into now is, while yes, we do have history for this phenomenon, we're not even we haven't even hit one hundred years yet, since like actual documented cases, I mean there's documented cases for thousands of years, but not to the extent that we have recent in recent history started documenting.
Speaker 1: The scientific approach of ufology, which that's an oxymoron in its own right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it had to turn into that because again we talked about objects in the sky pre blimps, like nothing should have been in the sky except for birds.
Speaker 1: It was way easier to be a fologists during like Egyptian times.
Speaker 3: Yeah all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Hickson and Parker were somehow forced onto the aircraft in which examinations were performed on them before they were released, again bewildered and badly frightened. I wonder if this is where like the probe Mantra came from.
Speaker 2: Bewildered and badly frightened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well no, like you've heard of like the whole uf alien probe thing, right, Yeah, I wonder if that's where it came from.
Speaker 2: As you said, this case.
Speaker 3: I don't know about this.
Speaker 1: Case, but these like onboard examinations that seemed to occasionally occur.
Speaker 2: I just being at a doctor's office isn't uncomfortable enough, Like we don't need the aliens to come and do the same kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just have to hope they have a neuralizer. So we just forget the whole thing happened.
Speaker 2: Poking men in black calmed down.
Speaker 3: The two men.
Speaker 1: Subsequent they went to a local authority and the press, at which time a secret recording was made by law enforcement of the two men privately discussing how terrified they were. Thus the world soon learned of what became known as the Pasca Gula incident. The details are astounding, indeed, whatever they might entail. I say this not with cynicism about the pairs retelling of the events per se, since the details of their story remained remarkably consistent over the years. However, despite generally a good case as far as the crazier UFO reports go, there were never any evidence that the men had conspired as attention seekers. For instance, there are some peculiarities with the Pascagoul incident that are worthy of mention. So I want to bring that to you. To it from a journalistic and scientific aspect. Do we put too much weight into human memory and into keeping stories straight over the years, because some people say, you know, it's hard to keep track of a lie over that long. You know, in the first person that comes of mine as Bob Blazar, like he can't possibly be lying because the story is stayed consistent. But I think back to like certain nursery rhyme, and it's hard to compare this to a nursery rhyme, but certain things from like my childhood, my youth that I have hard times remembering, you know, yesterday, let alone my youth, but I can recall these things with exact detail. Are we putting too much weight into the human's ability to remember things?
Speaker 2: In what context? What do you mean? Like? What do you mean about the weight of their memory? Are you trying to say that because they can still remember the incident years later, they're trying to add validity.
Speaker 1: To the yeah, because it's still fresh in their mind and they haven't changed their story.
Speaker 3: Does that we hear.
Speaker 1: That the Bobs are a lot that because he hasn't changed the story since the eighties and nineties, it must be true. And again, I'm a Bob supporter, like first and foremost don't get it twisted. I am very much a believer in his story. But do we put too much weight on that as a community?
Speaker 2: I would say no, because yes, okay, yes, and no. Let me ride the fence a little bit more here, But the reason why I would say that is because these events, which it sounds like it's going to be, can be very traumatic for the contact ease and whatever they may go through in this experience. But it's similar to trauma in just regular day to day that you can experience. Some people have retention of the memory. Some people refuse to actually remember the trauma and push it down and don't remember it till years later. But I mean, memory is a very fickle thing, and so to be able to recall details so late in life should give some kind of credence to the story in my opinion, because I mean memory goes out the window, yeah, years and years and years later, so to be able to recall the same thing, it kind of leans more towards yes, this happened, and yes this was traumatic.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, I just wanted your take on that. So again kind of going into the weird instances in this story for instance, as it must be admitted out right that Hickson and Parker story is quite unlike most other UFO reports. In fact, many aspects of the incident were completely unique and bore no common features with other popular UFO narratives. Chief among these have been the entities encounter during the experience. As skeptic, Joe Nichol is noted in the past quote three robotic like aliens exited the craft. Although they were gray humanoids just over five feet tall, they were otherwise of a type not reporter before or sense. Now as a potential skeptic believer, do you use that as evidence to it being nonsense because it was an unreported type of being.
Speaker 2: No, because I think I think we try to put stuff in the boxes way too early on in the in this kind of thing. Yeah, because I mean it goes back to what we just talked about about us not having us having less than one hundred years of documented like actual documented history of these events and a scientific approach of these events. So like us trying to put all these things in little boxes and categories. Well, yes, it seems natural to do from a scientific standpoint, does not fit the characteristics of the phenomenon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that loosely a basis for that comes from we're comparing them to other people, like like for the most part, like you know, skin tones of different body shapes, different height, that sort of thing. Yeah, But for the most part, if you see a person you can say that's a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But if we expand this to let's just say reptiles, there are reptiles are so diverse across the board. You can see, like, you know, the difference between a turtle and a salamander. It's still a reptile, but it's like I wouldn't say, look completely different. Yeah, I would never look at it at a salamon er. So, yep, that's a turtle for sure. That's a turtle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think it's one of those that if you are approaching it from the worldview of these are all human like entities, you might say, well, this sounds like nonsense, because that sounds like nothing we've heard before from the ufologists.
Speaker 2: That yeah, that's a very very good point. We might be trying to compare human like to human like, but in actuality it's a turtle to a salamander. That was a very good point. I never thought of it like that.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: The Clarion Ledgers recently reported that Parker, the younger of the two witnesses, has recently authored a book about his experience, in which he described I had the craft as it first appeared as them as follows A big light came through the clouds. Parker said it was a blinding light. Soul of the Sarus. Is this you or Paul as he's known in the New Testament. It was hard to tell with the lights so bright, but it looked like it was the shape of a football. I would say, just estimating it was around eighty foot. It made very little sound, and it was just a hissing noise. While the craft described by the witnesses it often likened to a blue colored football. It's important to know how Parker described it here and breaking his silence about the incident after all these years, so says the Ledger, at least he's actually discussed the incident several times, and he seemingly changed your updated aspects of his encounter over the years, many of which will discuss later. As Parker says, it was hard for he and his companion to tell precisely what the shape of the object was due to the lights it produced. Additionally, although Parker says the object made little in the way of a sound, he does describe a hissing noise more to the zipping noises described by the witnesses and previous interviews. It might seem like a stretch to propose that this could have been any kind of conditional aircraft. However, it might be worthwhile to compare it this part to the narrative of other famous UFO encounters from a few decades earlier, that of Brazilian farmer Antonio Villa Bowas, who, on October evening in nineteen fifty seven, was taken aboard an unusual aircraft and made to have sexual relations with a beautiful young woman with large eyes and other appealing assets.
Speaker 2: Wait what you heard me?
Speaker 1: This Brazilian farmer got lucky with some Venusians. Matthew Bird's upset.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Villa described the aircraft that appeared on the night in question as being oval shaped and having made little noise apart from a sort of whirring sound. See, yes, we're comparing the sounds a little bit here, but that's not that uncommon in these cases.
Speaker 2: It just feels like they pulled that out of left field. Yeah, it feels like they were really they just really wanted to talk about them having intercourse with an alien.
Speaker 1: So what he does continue on here, which it's it's worth noting we needed to dive deeper into Ufo Cortus coitus coitus.
Speaker 2: Yes, it just sounds like you just really want to talk about that, like you and this this author might have a that's.
Speaker 1: A Patreon episode for sure, so he continues in the article here, I recall talking to my friend and fellow Mysterious Universe writer Nick Redfern about the case a few years back, and remarking that Villa would have been able to identify the object had it merely been a helicopter. What Nick said in response is what surprised me. Well, hold on, he began. I could hear him ruffling through the papers and files over the phone as he for his notes about the actual wording used by Villa, rather than that of the later writings and rewritings about the incident in UFO literature, which simply described an oval or an egg shaped object. Sure as helen Villa's original description, he discussed there being something above the oval shaped or a craft that appeared to be spinning. In retrospect, that sounds like a helicopter. Someone put them on the helicopter and then had their way.
Speaker 3: With this guy.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. That's a crazy thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it sounds like a good bit that it could have involved some kind of helicopter, perhaps of military variety, that employs a variety of stealth technology that would lessen the sound of helicopter blades. Okay, we're now saying the military used a stealth helicopter to assault this man on a farm.
Speaker 3: With this in mind, if.
Speaker 1: We give further consideration to Parker's description of the object, where he says, quote it was hard to tell with the lights so bright, but it looked like it was shaped like a football, and that it made quote very little sound apart from a hissing NOI. Similarities do emerge between the two incidents, Granted, rather than being definitive details about the two leged crafts, what the similarity suggest is that neither man got a very good look at the actual shape of the object, and then at least one of the two cases, it sounded like a lot or it sounded a lot like a helicopter of some kind. What are your thoughts on that, Brittany, because I feel like you got a lot to say here.
Speaker 2: I really don't. I am baffled that the only reason why they're comparing these two cases is that they kind of look the same.
Speaker 1: And they made a similar hissing noise, and the military has a history of abducting people farmers, do they farmers and fishermen?
Speaker 2: Are you trying to tell us that they both start with f.
Speaker 1: Another interesting parallel between Parker's narrative and the Villa incident only came to light years later, when Parker began to express in interviews that he had apparently had additional encounters in the decades following Pascagoula. Parker also made this claim many years later his memories of the time you spent on board the aircraft in the original nineteen seventy three incident began to return, in which you recalled additional details that included a woman on board of the craft and that you subjected to some variety of sexual examination while there. It's not as far out as what Villa reported from his time with a woman on board of UFO, but the similarities here are notable regardless. But why did Parker only recall this so many years later, and why so often do these alleged abductions bear elements that involve sexuality in this way? I don't feel like we hear a lot of that in recent times, and it.
Speaker 2: Maybe they I don't. I don't know. That's that's just always a tough tough topic for me to even breach because it's like, but that that seems to be an attribute of the phenomenon in general. I mean, you know, talking to previous heuthologists in like Alan Greenfield, you know, and John Keel, they said that the phenomenon seems to follow and harass like teenagers who were going out to the park and doing some kissing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are there are those who think that the moth may only happen because you know of what was happening out there. Yeah, don't get me started on John Keel's cosmic Clap discussion. What if you guys have never read The Eighth Tower, I highly recommend there's. It's about midway through and it comes out of left field where he starts talking about like space syphilis that he calls the cosmic clap, what and how he just came down with it one day randomly, And it's like, sir, what were you doing?
Speaker 2: I think you got the actual clap?
Speaker 1: Sir? Were you with some Venusians of the night? Is that what was happening, sir? Let me get the cosmic clap is wild.
Speaker 2: That's a crazy thing to claim, but you know, well, it's it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I guess the weird thing is John Keell's on a farmer or a fisherman, So it wasn't the military, definitively.
Speaker 2: That's if your name starts with F you beare watch out.
Speaker 1: I'm very real cautious out there in the.
Speaker 2: Fields two poison a fields.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 1: Parker wasn't the only one who claimed to have had ongoing contact with his UFO beings. However, Hickson also claimed to have had numerous UFO sidings the following year, and further claimed that the beings on board the craft communicated to him that quote they were peaceful. Another lingering question involves why Hickson and Parker seemingly cooperated with the beings that attempted to bring them on board the aircraft. As Parker recently recounted for the Ledger, I think they injected us with something to calm us down. Parker said, I was kind of numb and went along with a program. Nick Redfern has also speculated recently about the possible role of mind altering drugs in some UFO cases, citing similar ideas proposed or researcher Rich Reynolds. He recently wrote about it here on MU saying, having known Rich for more than a few years, I should note that he's a deep interest in the possibility that at least some significant UFO incidents may have had a hallucinogen of some kind in their core. We're not, however, talking here about the use of LSD for recreational purposes. Instead, we're talking about situations which may have been utilized by military and intelligence services to an essence fake a UFO events.
Speaker 2: So now they're saying they're drugging the people in the air to incite a UFO event.
Speaker 1: So we I mean, we do know that this was happening, not not the UFO aspect, but the CIA was. It's not I don't think it's Operation Midnight Climax, but it might have been Operation Midnight Climax.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what is up with these names today? What is happening?
Speaker 1: I don't remember if it's if that's what it was, But basically what was happening was this this CIA group.
Speaker 2: Didn't they lace an entire like township's water with LSD at one point?
Speaker 1: No, So actually I think it was Operation Midnight climax because it was like a suboperation of MK Ultra. I'm gonna say it was very definitively here, and I might be wrong, but basically what was happening was there were these brothels set up out in California. I'm gonna say it's California, definitively. Probably was organ.
Speaker 2: It was probably Nevada.
Speaker 1: No, I'm pretty sure it's California. But anyway, there were these brothels set up and these Venusians of the Night. They weren't atually Venusians. There were ladies of the night would bring the johns to this location and instead of sleeping with them for money, they would give them LSD and then there would be a two way mirror and the agents would be on the other side watching the interactions that would occur. I think in some instances there was some like actual sexual contact that occurred, but for the most part, they were just like tripping balls and we were watching it happen.
Speaker 3: This is a real thing. I'm not making this up at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's like that's a controlled environ somewhat controlled environment. And yes, they were drugged without consents. It is definitely illegal and definitely, we should not have done that as a government. But you know, neither here nor there. These are two men on the bank of the Mississippi fishing. How are they gonna get drugged with LSD? Are they air dropping that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: First off, you've never been inside the Mississippi.
Speaker 3: You have no idea.
Speaker 1: It could all be LSD the whole thing.
Speaker 2: God, I would hate to see what those fish see. If that's the case.
Speaker 1: Well, well no, no, hear me out. Maybe they're watching. Maybe it's like they're watching us from other so the double sided mirror, and.
Speaker 2: That's you know, they pity our existence and the non LSD.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that this is the first time you're thinking about Operation Midnight Climax.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have heard about. I know they did some messed up things and experiments with LSD, but again, like this, that is a semi controllable environment.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think they chose the men for that because like they can't go home and tell their wives I was drugged at a brothel.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I almost guarantee that some of it was used for blackmail. Oh, I almost guarantee it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we got on this topic, but.
Speaker 2: We derailed completely.
Speaker 1: Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But if it's not Operation Midnight Climax, they really screwed the poochrol on that one, because that's the perfect name for an LSD brothel like CIA operation. Anyway, faithful devotees of the idea of an alien presence in relation to some of the more bizarre UFO events that have occurred over the years will dislike such speculations presented here. However, the idea should at least be given consideration, since they are of greater merits. The polarized views of hopeful ufologists have tossed all their chips and in on an extraterrestrial hypothesis or on another extreme they all are nothing skeptics who argue in every such instance that UFO experiencers are just liars, frauds, or publicity seekers. Neither of these extreme views present a truly objective assessment, something that will be required if we ever wish to understand the true circumstances behind some of these outstanding and long standing UFO cases. I don't know. I struggle with this whole thing because when you try and rationalize something.
Speaker 2: That is innately irrational.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the same. We're normalizing abnormalities.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's literally the normal versus the paranormal. Like this is my problem with eupology, and this is why I throw my hands up so frequently with these cases, because it's like, sure, I would love to you to the bottom of it, really would, But the most likely scenario is they're coming from here, and everyone and their sister that's done DMT or acid or whatever has accidentally stepped foot in that realm that they're coming from. That That is where I stand right now of what's going on. I don't think they're coming from Zeta reticul or Mars or Venus or wherever. I think they're coming from here. I think they've always been here and they're always going to be.
Speaker 2: Here, and their condition of our existence.
Speaker 1: Exactly because the phenomenon has existed as long as human beings have existed in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: They just have.
Speaker 2: It's just manifested differently, or it's not even manifested differently. We've interpreted it differently as we've grown as a species.
Speaker 1: There you go, that we've solved it. You're welcome, listeners, that's it. Okay, So this is kind of what I touched on at the top of the episode here with the more recent people, because again I could have gone into more detail, but a lot of it's a little too explicit for like radio regular podcasting, and there's not a whole lot about the case to me that stands out as like this has to be told to understand the story. If that makes sense. Yeah, you know, we could have gone into detail about the medical examinations, that sort of thing. I encourage everyone, if you're interested, look in the story a bit deeper. But what gets me is a the book writing so long after, because initially they were adamant. You know, it was very much at Kelly Hopkins'll situation of.
Speaker 2: We don't want to talk about it, we don't want to acknowledge it, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're ridiculed, we're ostracized from our community. We don't want this. And then a book comes out it's like, well, that's a little strange, but sure maybe, but okay, this is what I was talking about that in the beginning. Where so now we have more people coming out all out of the woodwork. Years later, in an interview with the Jackson Mississippi daily newspaper The Clearion Ledger, Joey Nelson, a mobile Alabama, describe what he and three friends allegedly saw on the night of October eleventh, nineteen seventy three, as they sped west through Mississippi on their way to New Orleans on US ninety. We've driven that road. That's a strange road, dude to drive at night. M. M. Nelson was a front seat passenger in the car and estimates they were between Pascagoula and Biloxi, Biloxi, Biloxi, Biloxie when he and says everyone in the car saw the ORB, which was hovering in front of the vehicle. They appeared to keep on driving when he claimed a smaller ORB dropped down from the larger one. That sounds a little eerily familiar to something you've experienced.
Speaker 2: Not quite, not quite, but well.
Speaker 1: I guess you didn't see the orbs separate.
Speaker 2: From one another, now, hmm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: It was about the size of a beach ball. I'd say, I don't know how far away it was, but it seemed like if that windshow wasn't there, I could have touched it. It started flashing and clicking and flashing and clicking. We could audibly hear it. I know it sounds crazy, but it seemed like they were taking pictures. It seemed like it was in front of me ten minutes or ten minutes or so.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We were just sort of mesmerized. Okay, if alien are still using like a Kodak camera, we can take them in like an intergalactic warfare for sure at that point. At that point, the Orbs flew away and the three continued to New Orleans, never telling anyone what they saw, depending on what they got into on Bourbon Street.
Speaker 3: This is not that unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Now, it's not because you can see some weirder things on Bourbon Street than like an intergalactic polaroid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can. That's that's no why.
Speaker 1: Nelson claims that recent articles about the incident prompted him to finally share a story forty six years later. Forty six years and he just now is like, oh, yeah, remember that crazy thing that happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, is there anything else? Was he abducted or anything like that?
Speaker 3: We'll continue.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, there's no corroborating testimony from the other two witnesses in the car.
Speaker 3: This is a quote.
Speaker 1: I saw a falling star. Then I realized it wasn't actually falling, It was moving across the sky. It was at two o'clock. It was at the two o'clock position, and when it got to the ten o'clock position, another light shot out of it. This is what Rossie Nail told the Clarion Ledger when she was in Bruce, Mississippi, when she allegedly had a similar experience that exact same night. Bruce is over three hundred miles north due of Pascagoula, almost on the Tennessee border. Nail's account on the two lights seems similar to Nelson's, although what she saw was not right next to her on a porch in Bruce, but far away in the distant sky. When other similarity, Nail waited forty six years to tell her story and finally came forward after reading other recent accounts. This is a quote. They're all coming out of the woodwork. It makes me feel pretty good that I'm not the only one who saw something. Most of these people are credible people. So we have two people not together. I would love to hear from the rest of the folks in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's not. Another side effect of the phenomenon can be memory loss. Yeah, and maybe it really was like a key that was unlocked because of recent stories. I mean, it might literally be exactly what they say it is and nothing nefarious. Is it a little sketch waiting that long? Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I mean, hell, we've been through phenomenon and forgot that it happened until you know, something else triggered the memory exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it continues on. Really, Calvin Parker, the survivor of the two actual Legendi abductees, is obviously glad people are finally agreeing with him. But our forty six year old accounts really credible. That may include Parker, who was a silent partner in this account, allowing as much older friend Charles Hickson to tell the story. As one might expect, the reason for the recent publicity about the alleged Pascagoula abduction is due to the long away to publication of Parker's account. Pascagoula the closest encounter. What should we make of an alleged eye witness account that's had forty six years to absorb intentionally or by osmosis details from a well publicized and much written about story before finally being told in an era of instant internet fame and hopes of a fortune. Do they reinforce the validity of the alleged incident or murky the water some more? One thing is certain, these won't be the last of the Pasca Goula witnesses. Does this qualify as a storming anyone for some Pasca Gula pale ale?
Speaker 2: I mean it does. It does make the information a little bit more difficult to weighe through, that is for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Does it take away from the validity of the witnesses, No, I don't think so, not necessarily, But it is something to keep in mind when researching this particular case and knowing what when the accounts came out, what details came from when.
Speaker 1: Well, and one thing just kind of came to mind. Just now we are approaching this skepticism skeptical aspect of these retellings, as if everyone is a ufologist and everyone has a shared interest in these things. Let me take a step back and present this as an alternative I guess bit of thought science here. What if they saw something weird, they knew roughly what year it was, let's say it's around their birthday, just for sake of the argument. I knew this happened around my birthday, knew it was nineteen seventy three weeks that's when I got the grand old jalobby. Whatever, if you're not a eufologist, you wouldn't think to go and tell your friends about this, because again, we got to remember the seventies bit different of times. It's not like it is now where you can just go on Twitter and just blast out in a hashtag UFO Twitter and get a bunch of retweets and people like believing your story. If you're someone from these small towns. Again, we've driven through Missus Sippy. We're very from over Tennessee. We understand the folks in this region and they aren't interested in these topics. They didn't share it. And then here is this book. Of course, publicides in a small town newspaper, especially in Pasca Gula, because that's where the case occurred. It might jog the memory of something that did happen in nineteen seventy three around your birthday when you got that old jalobby. Like, maybe that's the easier explanation, because again we're approaching this as if everyone's a ufologist, everyone has the same level of interest in the paranormal into high stranges as we do.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean the event, unless traumatizing, wouldn merit a lifetime obsession, you know what I mean. Yeah, Like, if you're if you have no you're right. If you have no interest in UFOs or the paranormal or high strangeness, there's no reason to think about it consistently, I mean, or even talk about it consistently, except maybe in passing about, Hey, this really weird thing happened. When do you think about it? But yeah, if you have no interest, I mean, there's no point in continuing the discussion unless there's reason to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of I went to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game I don't know, forever ago, and it was a really important game because like Joey Vodo, who I believe, I want to say, is the first baseman I think of the reds't I'm not a baseball fan. I got free tickets from somewhere. It was a super important game because Joey Vodo did something important to the Reds franchise. I think maybe might have been when he got his own cereal. I don't remember, but something happened. It was very important in that game. And recently I saw a post that was discussing that game and I was like, man, that like sounds very familiar. I was at the game. It means nothing to me, but it jogged that memory of Oh, I do remember when that thing happened because I was there at the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be, it could be.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that that's where we're gonna end the past at Google Abduction, and I'm gonna leave this kind of how we've left last couple episodes were you know, twenty twenty four is flying right by right now, It's gonna be twenty twenty five soon. What do you guys want to see from us? Do you want to see some noted strangeness? Do you want to see some for legal reasons? What do you want to see? Be sure to let us know. Join the Facebook group, emails at Tales from the Dark White at gmail dot com. Let us know because I'm not saying we're out of ideas, but we love your suggestions. And with that being said, miss Brittany, unless you have anything else you'd like to add, I do not I think we're gonna have to add this episode of the Pasca Goola abduction and the subsequent contact these afterwards.
Speaker 4: Two our never ending but are always growing tails from the dark, as
Speaker 2: Include