Speaker 1: Time for one more for the road, maybe three hours worth of one more for the road. It's the night pat On seven hundred WLW. I'm Gary Jeff Walker, and I come to you tonight with a heavy heart. And it's a heavy heart because I know that some people are not happy with me right now. And you ask, well, why, Gary Jeff? Why would anybody be unhappy with you? Is it because for the last three or four years you've called out a whole generation of woke, imbecilic people who are obviously either mental patients. We've driven the car of their life in their mind so far off the trail of common sense that they're in another galaxy right now, mentally, spiritually. Perhaps. No, it's not because of that, not because I called him out. Is it because I supported Donald Trump? AND's it'll do our forty seventh president of these United States? I voted for him now three times two out of three, ain't bad? Meat Loaf said that, No, it's not because I'm a Trump supporter, even though there are plenty of people walking around still with Trump derangement syndrome in our society.
Speaker 2: No, it's not because of that. What could it be?
Speaker 1: Is it because I questioned like many other people at the time, when we were just told to sit down and shut up and the science was settled that the COVID nineteen mRNA vaccine was both safe and effective. Nothing to worry about here, nothing to see here, but we know from Pfizer's own documents. And now today the CIA came out and said, with a low level of confidence, they now support the theory of a lab leak as to how the virus got out into the world, something that was called, well, the conspiracy theory just a couple of years ago that I and a lot of people without any kind of you know, firsthand knowledge, have been saying is a matter of common sense. They were doing the gain of function research. It was there at Wuhan. It leaked out of that lab carelessness perhaps, or maybe something more nefarious.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of the conspiracy theories have turned out to be like true in the last four or five years. We've all been watching an unfold. Are people mad at me for that?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: Some people are upset with me because I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan. You know, I moved to Cincinnati in nineteen ninety four. I followed the Bengals because they were the hometown team I didn't grow up with my whole life, but I adopted them as my NFL team in the city. Should support the local teams, right right well, after years of malaise and disappointment, I saw Patrick Mahomes play for the Kansas City Chiefs, just as he was beginning what has become a Hall of Fame career, and I said, you know what, I like that team. I like Andy Reid. And this is before they won the first of their Super Bowls, which there may be a third coming up just a week from next Sunday on February fifth. Now people are upset. The phone just absolutely blowing up. People very very unhappy.
Speaker 2: My friend.
Speaker 1: Rick Pisqually, for example, I just text him at about eleven minutes after ten last night, after the game had finished in Kansas City, had ensured the fact that they do have a shot, a real shot to three pete in the Super Bowl. I said, this is all I said, doing the Trump dance right now. He texts me back, happy for you, thumbs down. Not all in Ky, yelled at me. He is unhappy with me strictly based on the football team that I happened to be cheering for, and I just don't think that that is fair. No, I mean, seriously, I understand people are their strong allegiances to the Bengals, and if you grew up here and you're a lifelong Cincinnatian, I totally get it. There are plenty of people who grew up here a lifelong Cincinnatians who are not Bingals fans. They like the Stillers, which is just atroacious. Anybody who likes the Steelers. I know they won a lot of Super Bowls, a lot of supposed great teams over the course of time, the immaculate reception, you know, Terry Bradshaw, Ben Roethlisberger. I get it, I understand, But not in Cincinnati. You don't live in Pittsburgh. You live in Cincinnati. I know people that root for the Green Bay Packers. The pack is back all around the country. It never left. I saw I was driving down the road in Newport yesterday and a guy in this little Chevy spark That's another story, entirely little weenie car.
Speaker 2: But he was obviously a Packers.
Speaker 1: Fan, back the pack and Packers owner. He may own a share of the Green Bay Packers, which is really cool, unique that the fans actually have a real piece of the team, not just from a fans perspective, but as an owner's perspective. People who are Packers fans all over the country, not just in Cincinnati. There are people who like Dallas here who grew up in Cincinnati, Cincinnati all their life. Bengals. Now, give me the Cowboys. How about them boys? You want to talk about a franchise that has yielded disappointment after disappointment after disappointment over the last but almost thirty years, the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: But I saw the Chiefs play and I said, you know what. And this was before the Bengals had drafted Joe Burrow. I gave up on them too early, perhaps, But people are not. You may be listening to this just seething right now. I mean the blood vessels popping out in your eyes, your eyes bulging out, the creases on your brow. You probably have tuned out already if you're that mad at me. But you know, come on, it's just a game. And somebody else asked me because I predicted over the weekend wrongly by the way, that Washington was going to surprise, shock, upset, Philadelphia, and it was absolutely the other way around. Philadelphia didn't surprise anybody. They just rolled over the Commanders. But I also predicted the Chiefs would beat the Bills last night, and lo and behold, I was right. So again I'm batting about five hundred there. But I also predicted a Super Bowl in which the Washington Commanders, with the upstart rookie quarterback Jaden Daniels, would somehow surprise and upset the Kansas City Chiefs on their way to three Super Bowls in a row. I think that the Eagles have a very good chance to knock off the Chiefs, even if the Philadelphia mayor can't spell the name of their team, especially when it's on a banner behind her. So anyway, very excited for my Chiefs to go to the Super Bowl. And those of you who are tasting the bitterness of sour grapes this morning, just not that you were rooting for the Bills, but because the Chiefs won. Sorry, sorry about your luck. Have a good show tonight, and we will begin that with my friend Peter Bronson for a conversation that should stretch until about ten o'clock. Author and lawyer Rick Robinson, who is a DC animal will be. I mean, he was in Washington for a long time. He was in the corridors of power. He knows how it works, and that's why he's kind of leary of Donald Trump, like the rest of the Washington Swamp. He'll be with us after ten. We have Andy Furman coming up, maybe a chat with the wild Man aj Rice, who's a publicity guru for Publius pr and.
Speaker 2: Much more.
Speaker 1: Lee Shi La Mish will come back for a second visit to tell us a little bit more about what the Chinese Communist government is doing to the dance and performance members of the chen Yune Dance Troupe, which is currently in its annual tour through the United States, and a whole lot more so. It is the Nightcap. Don't be mad with me just because I happen to like the Red and Gold that plays their home football games at Arrowhead Stadium and will be heading to New Orleans to face off against the Philadelphia Eagles for Super Bowl fifty nine in just less than two weeks. Don't be mad at me, you know, don't hate the player, hate the game. Peter Bronson and the beginning of our conversation coming up next on the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW. Graciousness, we deliver Peter Bronson in this first hour of this nightcap tonight on seven hundred WLW and Pete all was great to talk to you, you know, both you and Rick Robinson, who's on later, we have just this great back and forth kind of chemistry. I always have a good time together and a good time and occasionally there's something that somebody should should hear before they die. But occasionally we'll see if tonight is one of those occasions.
Speaker 4: Well, it's good to be with you. I gotta tell you. I don't usually stay up this late, right.
Speaker 1: Well, I you know generally I don't. Either I've slept through three or four nightcaps. Well I probably will too.
Speaker 2: I mean I was still talking to my wife.
Speaker 1: Calls me out for that all the time. Sorry, did I say anything unintelligible? Hopefully right. So I do want to get into the first week of Trump sometime between now and ten o'clock, and just what a whirlwind, oh unbelievable of activity. Whether you agree with the agenda and the policies that he's pushing forward, or whether you disagree with everything that Trump does, you've got to marvel at the man and his energy.
Speaker 2: Just absolutely no, no kidding.
Speaker 4: Nobody knew government could move so fast. It reminds me of when I was a kid. I had one of those little dimestar turtles. You know, they're about the size of a fifty cent piece. Yeah, and I fired a cap gun next to one, and that that little bugger took off like lightning. And I was like, man, I didn't know turtles were that fast. And there's your government under Trump. It's like he fires the gun and now take off running. Who knew that our US government could within hours, within an hour of his inauguration, when he's wore to be to defend our borders. Within an hour, the US military was landing on the border. Who knew that could happen? This has always been the role of the US military. The fact that it was prevented from from happening shows you the willful intent of invading our country, a sovereign nation with foreigners strictly not for business purposes, not for the economy, but for voting purposes. Yeah, it tells you everything you need to know when the US the federal government's first job, according to the Constitution, is to provide for the common defense. Provide for the common defense of the country. That's first. Promote the general welfare is second, and people get those confused. Yeah, provide general Well, no, promote general welfare, which means maintaining your currency and stuff like that. But provide for the common defense. And meanwhile, as has been stated so superbly by Donald Trump and the others in the administration, it's time to stop defending other countries' borders and start defending our own.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: It also is exposing how for decades our federal leaders, leaders in air quotes, have been hiding behind all these rules and regulations to basically do nothing. So their answer to every problem is, well, we're going to get together and have a discussion about forming a committee that might consider the establishment of a task force to eventually get around to think about forming another committee.
Speaker 1: We're ten thousand people a day flowing freely, unvetted through our southern border with Mexico. Pete, I know, and may orcus, there's no crisis. Our board border is secure.
Speaker 4: Talk about oh my gosh, secure for sanity for insanity, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, insecure is what it was. Yeah, anyway, please continue, Well, you know, we're approaching.
Speaker 4: According to I was watching the weekend talk shows, Greg Abbott said, we're approaching deportations of a thousand a day and it's just going to keep growing and then you're going to see self deportation. But the main thing is the people that are being deported. It's it's a shock. I think most Americans are waking up to the idea what these people were here among us. We're talking about pedophiles, child rapists, murderers, people who have repeated recidibus criminals who have caused all kinds of mayhem in communities and terrorized people and killed people, and they've been allowed to just keep going back to do it.
Speaker 2: And finally they're on the planes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, finally they're on the planes going out instead of on the planes come in. That was crucial when Donald Trump one of his first executive orders was to end that CPB app. Yeah, the phone app that people were just getting on planes and being flown all over the country is so funny. We're all going to have to have a real ideed to fly after May and twenty twenty five in Kentucky and many other states around the country. But these illegals can fly anywhere they want to with no identification at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how what the hell does that work? And try and figure this one.
Speaker 4: It just is mind blowing that for all that garbage we went through with the COVID protocols where you couldn't fly unless you could prove that you'd taken the JAB, where you had to go through steps and layers of personalize identification. But let's just open the border to millions of people who don't have any vaccinations, not just.
Speaker 2: COVID, and then any vaccine.
Speaker 1: And then let's end Title forty two, which was a COVID era safeguard, right been put in place, isn't it just.
Speaker 4: The insanity has been breathtaking, and it's so refreshing to see a leader in the White House again, right. I mean, the contrast with Biden is a pretty low bar because he is basically not even there, taking naps all day. We don't know who was in charge, probably Obama and Jill, but.
Speaker 5: But he was.
Speaker 2: He was the president in name only.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, you heard a rhinos. He was a po oh, no kidding. But the contrast of Trump, even to all the presidents who came before. I think that's why we saw so much discomfort among people like GW. Bush at the inauguration, awkward body language, just said he was not happy to be there.
Speaker 2: He didn't like what he was hearing.
Speaker 4: But the contrast makes all these other leaders look like total slackers and incompetent.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, if you were, if you're a career warmonger just for the sake of the almighty dollar, Like someone could say, George W. Bush, you know, considering who his vice president was. Yeah, and is and and is still a thorn in the side of people who want us to concentrate on America first instead of all these foreign wars spending all this money. I don't know if you if you saw the and I didn't watch it at the time. I saw clips from it afterwards Face the Nation with JD.
Speaker 2: Vanchist.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, some clips, Yeah, really good. I mean, he is so fast on his feet, but he's so he's such a gentleman.
Speaker 2: About it, right, That's that's the key.
Speaker 4: He's never insulting her, hostile, or he just comes across very patient. But let me set you straight. For example, you quoted me, but you didn't offer the whole quote. You didn't include the part where I mentioned gray areas around pardons. I mean, it's really fun and refreshing to see that. And maybe, for the first time in many, many decades, I actually have hoped that maybe our traditional media is getting a wake up call and may make some changes to be more balanced and less totally lopsided for the left.
Speaker 2: I think you agree. I know you agree with me.
Speaker 1: I don't worship at the throne of Donald Trump, right, I worship at the throne of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Amen, brother, But don't put your faith in princes of this world. No, no, the kingdoms or principalities, because God is over all of that. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: However, it's a heck of a nice Like you said, what a refreshing change to have. And you know what he's doing exactly what he did the first time, the first term. He is trying to fulfill his campaign problems. After he's sworn in.
Speaker 2: He keeps his promises. Shock, how can you disagree with that.
Speaker 1: You may disagree with the agenda, but you can't disagree with his just his vibrance and the fact that he tells you something he means it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's what that's why he gets that's why he gets responses within a matter of hours or minutes from the President of concause they believe him when he says when he says he's going to do something, he darn well doesn't. And you know something, I think one of the things that really surprised me was when Mitch McConnell. This is big for our area because miss McConnell's been in the Senate forever and represented Kentucky, and we know him well in our region as being one of our local delegation to the Senate House. And when he voted against Pete Hegseth, I thought, you can you can almost imagine some of the nick names and comments Trump would come up with to respond to that. When he was asked, what do you think about Senator McConnell voting against the nomination of Pete Hegseth, And the old Trump would have been ready with a nickname, an in turtle or something. Yeah, And what do you say this time? He said, I don't have any comment on that. The important thing is to win, right.
Speaker 2: That was so cool. That is a new my presidential Donald Trump. My revenge will be success.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, Peter Bronson here for the next half hour, will take a little quick break and come back with more of our conversation on this nightcap on this Monday evening, the last of January, on seven hundred, WLW his thoughts on politics and immigration and many other things books, because he is a wonderful writer. His latest is called Promised Land, How the Midwest Was Won, which is a page turning history class on how this area was formed back in the late seventeen hundreds. Yes, thank you, how it was settled. And it was a pretty unsettling time to be settling. Something very frightening. Peter Bronson back with us, and Pete wanted to ask you maybe a couple more things about Trump and the nominations. Steve Bannon, and you know whether you have believed in the veracity of a Steve Banner or not. Reported on Rumble this morning that the mayor of Chicago, who has vowed in the face of his own citizens to ignore ice and their age to get illegal criminals out of his city, supposedly was releasing these illegals who had committed crimes and were in jail in Chicago, releasing them from the jails and letting them out on the streets. Some Ice can't find them. How he's obstructing. If that's true, I think that he is guilty of a federal felony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for aiding and betting and obstructing justice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ironically some of the same charges obstructing official business and obstructing justice.
Speaker 2: That's what they filed against the January sixth.
Speaker 4: Yes, somebody may need to be made an example of Homan is going to follow up on his promises that if you do that.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see it. I don't think they've got a single cell big enough for JB.
Speaker 4: Pritzker though, Yeah, he needs a double sell Well, yeah, I'm sure that you could do a lot with that. But you know, one of the things that Holman made, the iceman Tom Holman made very clear is that, look, you're doing everybody a favor if you let us into the jails, because it's safer for us, it's safer for the fugitive we're taking into custody, and it's pay for the community. Because if these guys are out in the community and they're surrounded by their friends and they decided to make a stand or to fight back, who's going to suffer stray.
Speaker 2: Bullets people in the community.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is so mentally backwards to do that kind of thing, to turn criminals onto the streets because you think they're better. Would they do that for you and I if the federal agencies were if we were fugitives. Let's say you're a January sixth protester and they had you in jail on a speeding ticket or to duy and the Feds say, hey, we know who that person is.
Speaker 2: We want to come pick them up.
Speaker 4: Would they turn that person loose because we don't agree with your federal policy?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean January sixth, there's been eighty two year old grandmothers right committed no violent acts on January sixth, twenty twenty one, and that are still in prison. That's just outrageous and the whole justice system on that.
Speaker 4: One of the things JD Events was referring to about the gray areas is how the prosecutors acted on ethically. They withheld exculpatory evidence. They railroaded these people with favorable judges who were willing to give them the most unbelievably harsh access to attorneys.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: They were denied the ability to defend themselves on one basic US right, self defense right. They were denied that, and they were denied the argument in court that they were there to exercise their First Amendment rights of protest. The judge wouldn't even let them resort to those basic rights that are promised in our Bill of Rights.
Speaker 1: Well, this is a reason why Washington, DC can never become a state of this country.
Speaker 4: Really, really, I'd rather have Greenland or Canada. Oh yeah, Canada would be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'd like to go skiing with that, having to use a passport, all kinds of things. Oh sure, sure.
Speaker 1: But I have talked to many J six ers on this program and have heard the detailed accounts of the obvious agents that were embedded in the crowd trying to gin.
Speaker 6: Stuff up, something like seventeen of them at least, and some of them went into the capitol, and some of the footage indicates that they were not only in there, but they were beckoning, saying come on in, encouraging these citizens to come in too.
Speaker 1: The only Capitol police that were injured, and they talk about hospitalized Capitol police, some for like scrapes and cuts or whatever. The only ones that were assaulted were assaulted by people trying to defend themselves that's right, from these strong arm, bootstrapped tactics.
Speaker 2: That's what I was hearing.
Speaker 4: I mean, one woman was beaten savagely, and the man who stepped in to protect her and took the blows from a female Capitol police officer was prosecuted assaulting.
Speaker 2: For assaulting, I talked to his wife. Isn't that incredible? And I hope he's out now thanks to Trump's EO. Yeah, I think most of them are.
Speaker 1: And God bless them, I mean, for everything that they've been through. Just it's a sad chapter in American history, it.
Speaker 4: Really is, and we're only beginning to see the beginning of it. I think the more is going to come, and it's going to be much worse than people expect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a lot worse than people know right now. Yeah, just because of the some of the inside stuff I've gotten from the people who have been to jail, the people who were on the ground that day.
Speaker 4: Oh, in so many areas, there's so much we're gonna we're going to be able to not learn. I mean, just look at what happened first day. John Ratcliffe releases the report that was hidden by Biden that said yes, the the lab leak in Wuhan in the cause of COVID. I know, and remember not that far back when you were not allowed to say that you're a conspiracy theorist, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and racist you were you know you ha yeah, all of China. You hated Chinese? Yes, yes, remember when Trump called it the Let's uh, let's make this very very clear.
Speaker 1: There are the Chinese people, and then there is the Communist Chinese Party who many members are Yes, absolutely Chinese people, but there is that's that's where the similarities end, you know, uh. And and you have to be a sheep in China or you were thrown in a gulag or worse.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: And the the work camps are horrific, the places where a lot of these products that we buy so cheaply at Walmart are made in work camps where political prisoners from Falluon Gong and other organizations, people who are daring enough to dare to go out on the street and hand out Muslims, people handed out Bibles, Christians thrown into these camps and work to death. And in many cases, the paper clips and the little toys and gadgets you get so cheap on Amazon they're all made in China.
Speaker 2: Those are coming from those work by slave labor. Yeah, yeah, and you know we're we're so you know, with our own history in this country. You know, slavery is such a touchy subject. Yes, but for conveniences, for convenience, if it's slavery and China will that's on the other side of the world and it's not anybody we know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, I want to buy a ballpoint pen for fifteen cents, so.
Speaker 5: Read.
Speaker 2: Don't bother me about that exactly.
Speaker 1: Peter Bronson is our guest for the balance of this half hour. I'll tell you what, Pete, I want to take a little break and we'll come back and finish.
Speaker 2: And since we've.
Speaker 1: Talked a little bit about books, we'll talk a little bit more about books as we continue. And they're really important books that everyone should read. In our humble opinions and in your humble opinion, it's The Nightcap on seven hundred WLW for Pete's sake, it's Pete Bronson also the title of one.
Speaker 7: Of Pete's books. Right, speaking of books, let's talk about an important book, an important book that we feel that everyone should read.
Speaker 1: And you know, if you can't get to it every day. Well that's a shame, but at least on a regular basis. The Bible the biggest selling book of all time by a long shot. So the New York Times has nothing to do with this. God has everything to do with it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It is the greatest story ever told, and it includes in our Christian Bibles the New Testament, the New Covenant with God through the people, through Jesus Christ, and his coming to earth as God's Son.
Speaker 2: I've been noticing, just because.
Speaker 1: I haven't spent I haven't dwelt a whole lot of time in Psalms in the old but my favorite, how beautiful Psalms is, and how comforting, how comforting, and also how important it is as instructions full of wisdom for how to live, full of life instructions.
Speaker 2: You ever heard that thing?
Speaker 4: Bible spells basic constructions before leaving Earth.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. I like that.
Speaker 1: But I read something this weekend and just Psalms one one, and it talks about out not sitting on a council of mockers, not yeah, you know, And I think about all of the things I have said over the years, and all of the people I've gone along attacking other people.
Speaker 2: For too.
Speaker 4: It's an editorial writer and columnists, believe me. Yes, I mean was like one of the major tools in my belt.
Speaker 2: Don't be a mocker.
Speaker 1: Uh, don't don't be defamatory towards other people. I mean that whole message. And here's here's a good message too. And it can get lost if you're not thinking about if you're not cognizant of.
Speaker 4: And here's the great message that so many people are missing. If they don't, they don't get into this wisdom is that, Yeah, I've mocked a lot of people, but I'm forgiven.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've made mistakes, but I'm forgiven in and over and over and over. Indeed, in the past, stuff that I did, I'm forgiven. Today, things that I do, I'm forgiven, and tomorrow it's Hey, could there be a better message?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: As a Christian, you're right. It's if you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and you repent for your sins and you attempt to follow him. And it's an attempt. I don't think that any one among.
Speaker 1: Us who are human beings, have ever been true every step of the way on the journey. Yes, many people have come close. Well, you know that's why we I guess we have saints and people like Sister Teresa and and you know, there are a few examples of that. But the path, very often, while it's a narrow, is never straight, and to walk it completely is not an easy thing to do, no matter how much you pray or read your Bible.
Speaker 4: Well I would go in this direction, though, which is okay. We started by talking about the Bible being the best selling book of all time. So what is the best selling book in the Bible. It's the Book of John. Look of John has been reprinted and circulated more than any other book in the Bible because it's the gospel of love.
Speaker 2: But it's also the gospel that is so accessible for people.
Speaker 4: Who are just kicking the tires and getting their toe wet. Sure the Bible, this is the one that is the most accessible in.
Speaker 1: That I mean that one verse. How many times has that been reprinted? John three sixteen exactly. Well, here's one of my favorites. In John one, it says, to all who believe in the name of the Son of God Jesus, he gave the right to be children of God. Well, that's pretty easy I mean, that's where's the fine print.
Speaker 4: There is no fine print, but it's awfully hard for a lot of us. And it was really hard for me for a long time to put my pride aside and get out of my own way so that I could surrender my control that I thought I had, which was just an illusion, and give that control up to Christ because he's in control anyway. But a lot of people, we all have that stumbling block, which is I'm in control, and unless I take care of it and do this, it's not going to come out. I trip over it all the time, Peter, We always do, and we keep reverting back to that. But let me circle back to all who believe the right.
Speaker 1: How about the verse from Second Corinthians. It's very simple, it's very short. Grace is sufficient for you.
Speaker 2: And there you go. Grace is sufficient.
Speaker 1: The grace of God is bigger than your sin. Just give it up, relinquished control in your everyday life, and it will be easier to walk that path we were talking about. Yes, as far as other books on your is there anything that you've read recently that has tripped to trigger.
Speaker 4: Or oh, I'm reading one right now by Eric Larson it's called The Splendid in the Vile and it's all about Churchill during the Blitz of London. Oh wow, and it's pretty good. One of the things I'm seeing is a really cool parallel between Churchill and Trump. Urill did when he became Prime minister. He was called a crude barbarian. He was such an outsider. He didn't fit with Neville Chamberlain and the appeasers who wanted to make a deal with Germany.
Speaker 2: He was too brash, he was all the things they said about Trump.
Speaker 4: In fact, one of his critics even compared him to some of the Nazis.
Speaker 3: So it was.
Speaker 1: Amazing when you're it's the last thing you are, they call you what what.
Speaker 2: They're actually supporting exactly.
Speaker 4: And what he did is put he put the government what we'd call now warp speed or overdrive. And they said it was suddenly not unusual to see these stuffy old men in their shirts and tails, the government officials running down the halls because Churchill had asked for a report and he wanted it now. And I just get that picture in my mind, and that's what I see in our government now, which is when these guys when his cabinet takes over, you're going to see a lot of stuffy people. If they're not out hitting the bricks, they're going to be running down the halls to get these things done, or they will be on the bricks exactly.
Speaker 2: He has a lot of experience firing people. Yeah, he's good at it, and he doesn't mind doing it on TV.
Speaker 4: No, no, yeah, you know when he says things that he says that are really much more mannerally and courteous than he used to be. When he talks to the mayor of Los Angeles, for example, or confronts Gavin Newsom, or talks directly to people in Congress who are his opponents, he is more courteous. But if you can see what he's doing right there on camera, can you only imagine what he says behind in his office.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And the people that are trying to resist this right now, they don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Their heads are spinning.
Speaker 4: He has flooded the zone, which is a lot like what Obama was doing, introduced a new thing every day and people can't catch up with it. And now you have the White House Press cort complaining that they're getting worn out and they're tired and exhausted.
Speaker 1: Well, they've had a cardboard cutout of a president the last four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, they're lazy. Yeah, absolutely, And now what it went about the federal employees who have to come back to the office to actually get paid. How about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got all these executive orders. Which one do I choose that's going to be the end of the world.
Speaker 2: Well, I think a good beginning is what we have seen.
Speaker 1: Yes, in the first really good Peter Bronson, Such a pleasure to have you be.
Speaker 4: My pleasure to be here, Gary, Jeff I as always, all right, thanks a lot much more of the nightcap, including Rick Robinson, my second favorite author.
Speaker 2: Hey, give me my regards.
Speaker 1: I will definitely come it up next to the term of forty seven President Donald John Trump.
Speaker 2: And there's been a lot going on. I figured, you know, it'd be nice to have a guy who I have a fairly decent kind of camaraderie and and we talk well together. There's good chemistry here. Who was in Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: For a long time, knows a lot of the players, or knew a lot of the players at his particular given time, but also knows how Washington works or doesn't, and so for many Donald J. Trump is a threat to how Washington works, the usual mechanisms of it. And for one man to take on this big machine, that's why he's got backup. That's why he's got people like Pete se Hegsath who's now been confirmed as a Defense secretary, and others that are following in his philosophical footsteps. And also they're committed to carrying out the agenda that he campaigned on. But again, official Washington still not jazzed about the changes that are proposed and the changes it may be coming. And to talk about that and much more. My friend and lawyer and the author of the book nineteen sixty eight, we've had him on many times and back again tonight for this hour.
Speaker 8: Rick Robinson, helly, Hey, Gary, Jeff, it is good to be with you here on the nightcap. How come on the nightcap. I don't get to bring him my own bourbon or like I can't make a Manhattan to sit here, and we can't get liquored up on the nightcap. No, feel like that should be a be a requisite that if you're going to come on there can drink liquered up It's.
Speaker 2: Just like any other bar. If you drink, you got to You've got to drink.
Speaker 1: You got to imbibe on what we're selling, and and so you get you can't. I mean I I bartend as well, right, I know that, but so you can you can't. You can't come to visit me at Huddles and bring your own bottle of bourbon just because it's something that you like that we may not have.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed to do that in the same way I thought you.
Speaker 8: I mean like it Huddles, you would you would bring a bottle for me. It just it just doesn't seem right.
Speaker 2: Garrett. I am I am first and foremost in that particular venture a businessman.
Speaker 1: I'm a bartender. I'm there to sell booze, not give it away. I allow you to bring in whatever you want to off the streets.
Speaker 8: That's what we need is a live show, then a Huddles. I think you know the first hour would.
Speaker 1: Be the producer would be hitting the dump button every five minutes.
Speaker 8: Well, the first hour would be okay, second and third hour get a little testy.
Speaker 1: Well, it all depends really on whether you're drinking brown liquor or white liquor.
Speaker 2: Generally, that is right. So tell me about what what.
Speaker 1: Are your observations of the first week hitting the ground running with Donald tr Hitting the.
Speaker 8: Ground running with Donald Trump. First off, they did a whole bunch of stuff. As you know, they went their order after order after order. I think a lot of it is substantive and some of it is ceremonial, substantive for the fact that you know they're want to start the deportation, substantive that they want to do. The deportations have already started, that's right, right, And so Columbia just ACQUI asked after they said they wouldn't take their people back, we're not going to take them back. Well, you're going to get that's the point we're going to ding you with. Are these tariffs really we promise.
Speaker 2: We will really?
Speaker 8: Okay, maybe then I will take them back all you know. Well, first off, Garrett, you have let's look at the dynamic of that particular instance, because that's one of the things that happened this week that I think is pretty interesting is that you had diplomacy via Twitter X. I'm sorry, I'm not with all the cool kids. It's it's we'll still call it Twitter people. You had an ex diplomacy, because what you had was you had the Columbia Prime Minister issuing a statement going not going, to Trump issuing a statement going twenty five percent seems put like a round number to me. In the Columbian president did I say no, No, What I really meant was you're welcome here. So we're seeing, in fact, what's happening with the teriff issue is that the threat of the tariff itself and the threat of using it is what Trump is using to get his way in many of these these instances, and it's going to continue to use it. I think what's happening there Will he actually impose one of these Well we'll have to wait and see, but that's what he's using as as bad. Now you know where the that they only are an export company our country. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean they used to be just cocaine. But well but it's one of the few countries we actually have a trade surplus with. Yeah, you know, so they want to make sure that, you know, if they suddenly got tariffs, that would actually be an economy that would probably just collapse.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So, well, of those of the language much like and it was pointed out much like Canada. Well, I'm all for Canada becoming a state, and you know why because I want Gedty Lee to be a United States Senator. So I mean, can you imagine my wife would be right there in your corner. She's the biggest Rush fan to this day. Yes, I know that, and she when I first brought this up with you, I could hear in the back ear I'm giggling because it does need to happen. I mean, we need Getty Lee in the United States Senate. For those who do not go Getty Lee, as ask your parents.
Speaker 2: But the front man of perhaps the most and this is this is what ZZ top in the mixt uh the most accomplished three piece band in rock and roll history, truthfully, And you know, until I saw him perform live one night, I didn't realize how great on the axe he was.
Speaker 1: Well, he's got the base, he's got the foot pedals, he's playing organ and stuff and he's singing. Yeah, I mean I can barely sing. Choose McConnell will be out, Getty Lee will be in. Who's at Lee?
Speaker 8: McConnell will be out after after this term, Getty Lee can come.
Speaker 2: In the membership. Are you gonna have him moved to Kentucky. Well, no, we're going to make Canada the fifty first state.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, McConnell will be out, but we we need we need something besides the turtle in Kentucky. Well, sorry, I I have never been really enamored. And people always say, well, he kept Garrit Merrick Garland from being a Supreme Court justice. He did that, and he helped with all these other judicial nominees in Trump's first term.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Mitch McConnell is a disgrace not to the Republican Party, but to the citizens of Kentucky, who overwhelmed voted for Trump and by Osmoses voted for his agenda and the people he picked his nominees to lead.
Speaker 8: Let's go right into that, because that's where the rest of the week leads. When you talked about Trump having a great first week, you talk about all the people going through the confirmation process. They put the easies up first, right, because you want a couple of victories before you go and see, you get Marco Rubio, you know, one hundred percent vote, you get everybody else going through, then you get gonna put Egsteth out there just to see where the roadblocks are.
Speaker 1: Well, heg Seth's hearing was actually before the vote on hag Seth. He was the first one that they they grilled. Well, but I mean onto the floor committee, right on committee, but into the floor. Yeah, so now you have what I think what that was a test for was coming up with uh with RFK because the Democrats don't trust Gabbard is going to be tough to the Republicans don't trust r Fkh. Tulsea Gabbard, I think is is You're right, is going to be be a problem, but it's going to have less of a questionable policy attitude.
Speaker 8: Okay, she went she you know, is she a Ruski? I don't think she is fine. Okay, that's going to be the question. I think she's hot when well, as long as we know that's a qualification for you to be to be a cabinet secretary, right, Well, at least if you're.
Speaker 2: Going to have people that are incompetent or not doing their job, you want them to at least look good.
Speaker 8: Well, so that means I can nominate if I'm president, I want to nominate me Acunas for any and every spot that I can who Miacunas, who's on the actress.
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with me Acunas. Who she she was on she was on the seventy show. Oh yeah, yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 8: You know when you know, I mean so I want her as as you know, as my point I was making the point is just aesthetically pleasing, Yes she is. But I think it's all last week was partially a setup to see where the landmines are for our FK, because again the Democrats don't trusting, Republicans don't trusting. They threw all of that out there, you know, when it comes to with all due respect in your and I don't necessarily disagree with your your your full opinion on on McConnell. But there's one word that is going to come up over and over again in this hearing, and that is the word polio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that has been debunked by Robert F. Kennedy Junior himself in discussions about polio vaccines. This is this is a trope that's being laid out there as as a part of the hindrance, as an obstacle because Big Pharma does not want our FK Junior, and Big AG and big Food does not want RFK Junior to be the head of HHS because he is simply trying to make America healthy again by changing their business model. Right now, their business model is promoted. Come up with something promoted.
Speaker 2: And I think that pharmaceutical companies should never be able to advertise on TV for prescription drugs the way they do, and I hope that they get rid of that, I really do. But but then he is, he.
Speaker 1: Has he has first and and and and when these questions have come up, he's always said he's not against the polio vaccine. He's been vaccinated for many things. He's not against measles or anything like that. He just wants full advice and consent to the American public about the side effects and the possible downfalls of conceal dooming these from patient to patient because many times they're glossed over. And as you know, pharmaceutical companies who developed these vaccines, like far Affiser, cannot be sued for the ill effects that their products bring to people, you know, alongside the supposed benefits.
Speaker 2: But he's all that, he's not, He's not that's going to vaccine.
Speaker 8: That's going to be the tough hurdle for Trump this coming week is to get and and I don't thin I don't think I think Telsea Gabbard will end up being confirmed. I don't think that's going to be an issue in the end. That makes me feel sick. I know that it makes you feel warm, and you'll feel warm and fuzzy inside. But uh, I actually think the problem is going to be, you know, well r f K and be confirmed. I think that as a yet to be seen that's the biggest hurdle. You know, they're thus far in all in all of this in the coming week.
Speaker 1: Talking to Rick Robinson on the night Cap about Trump's first week here in this half hour on seven hundred WLW, and I tell you I've got I've got problems with RFK Jr. On his stances on other things. You know, he's a Green New Deal nut. And and Tulsi Gabbard does not have many of the values of say the Freedom Caucus or the Conservative Caucus of the Republican Party in Congress. And she's going to face some opposition there because there are people, like you said, don't fully trust her on either side.
Speaker 2: And that's with both of them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, you have somebody that's flip flopped on parties on both sides there immediately. And here's for the other side, their own side as well as the other side.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem.
Speaker 1: In Tulci Gabbert and RFK Junior both said I didn't leave the Democratic Party. They they left me as far as freedom of speech and as far as the because all in all, and you've been in Washington. You were in Washington for how many years, Rick, twelve years total? Twelve years total, so and somewhere in politics ever are in between, right exactly. But my point is, you know as well as I do, in fact better than I do that in Washington, d C. It's all about this, It's all about about gets all about all about the Yale. So yeah, here's the here's the deal. I think that it's looking forward for Donald Trump and for the Republican Party when they when they look at all of these, is that the first vote on that we had last week on Pete was in fact a loyalty test.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: Okay, we know we have three that have gone the other way. Now they're saying in the White House, so who else? Who else do they have the potential to lose on these other two and what can they do to get them back? Well, threat is basically what you say. It's like, Okay, I'm going to primary you sure, come come the next time.
Speaker 2: McConnell's done. So.
Speaker 8: The one thing that I find interesting about all of this was that, see, I worked on Capitol Hill when Reagan and Bush were presidents during those two terms, but the Democrats controlled the House and the Senate, or at least one of they controlled the House. I was on the House side when when I worked up there, And what was funny was that during that time frame, the argument was of the Republican Party was damn it, Reagan and Bush don't care about what we say. We're the minority, and it was very hard to get the attention of the White House.
Speaker 2: My boss did a couple of times.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he brought a motion on the floor one time to cut off funding to Israel, which got the attention of Ronald Reagan real quick. When when actually the motion was granted UH and suddenly we got everybody's attention of going, oh, you want to discuss that other issue now, yeah, we just got off some funding funding for UH, for R and D credits Israel. Now, what would you like to talk about well, sure, we'll lift our objection. I think Trump trying to do stuff like that to get the president's attention.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: But Trump is playing this game himself right so now because because and it's Rick, I swear it's because of his first term, and he's exactly and seeing how how it goes. And he's a hardball business guy anyway, and actually we should talk to anybody.
Speaker 8: And actually sitting now, the year put him in our sitting now. The term put him in a better position to do what he's doing right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, I think because he's watching what's happening. He's watching what's going on. I think the most important thing that he's using right now is that he's using the vice president in the House and the Senate to try and with those arms to try and get those votes, you know, speaking of the vice president.
Speaker 1: And I said this to somebody the night that they announced on November fifth, the early morning hours of November sixth, that Trump was the winner. I said, thus begins the presidential race for twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: And jd.
Speaker 1: Vance is going to be very upfront and center, as opposed to most vice presidents or background they go to state events. You know they're there to support the president, but they're not in the limelight. And the fact that Trump maybe a bit of a narcissist will allow jd Vance to be out there and be forward because jd Vance is campaigning right now for the nomination in twenty eight don't you say.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, So many vice presidents are just sent to horrible places. I remember the jokes that were in the pipeline when Nixon was sent to Caracas in the middle of violence and riots in the in the country atil to American Samoa. The headline for Nixon was Nixon stoned and karakaff So not exactly what they expected to the tagline for a presidential campaign.
Speaker 1: I tell you what we're closing out on this half hour. Rick Robinson is our guest for another few minutes. Another segment, Rick, and what I wanted to address since we kind of turned to the vice president jd Vance, I want to talk a little bit about his appearance on Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan and him in many cases very politely putting her in her place when she tried to ask gotcha questions. It was a fun exchange, and we'll go through some of that when we come back. Rick Robinson, the author of nineteen sixty eight, he brought a copy in. I have my own copy at home. This one's for Peter Bronson, and we'll make sure he gets it. And if you want one, you can find it on Amazon. All right, nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 8: It was a full title of that nineteen sixty eight, A primer for understanding baby boomers. You got kids and wonder why you are the way you are. Get him a copy of this book. Maybe they'll figure it out. Okay, very very well.
Speaker 1: Rick Robinson returns with us after the break and the news on the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW. And in the last segment, I brought up Dan Quayle, who for many was a laughing stock. I don't think he was nearly.
Speaker 2: I think he was.
Speaker 8: He was a wonderful individual. He was a very sincere, heartfelt individual.
Speaker 1: Right had some problems public speaking from time to time.
Speaker 8: Had some well, the problems were not with public speaking. The problems ended up coming with Jim Baker, Okay, because Quayle picked his own vice president or Bush picked his own vice president, and from that point forward was submarine at every opportunity had by Jim Baker. Do you ever say the way named Jim Baker around Dan Quayle. You just watched the furrow and the brow come on.
Speaker 2: So tell me the story as best you can about how you almost killed Dan. I was almost.
Speaker 8: I was almost the person responsible for the death of the Vice president. This was actually post vice president, right after we were having a fundraiser for Jim butting up at a house in da Voo Park. We're coming back. It's the congressman, his wife, one of our staffers, myself, Quail, and his staffer. Quail and I are sitting in the front seat and we're coming through that section of d Voo Park where you go where the trees building is, right into where the houses are. And Quail, whenever he traveled, one of the things he always said when it came into some place was, can you take me someplace to dinner? Before we get back on the plane. Can you take me someplace that I want to try the local beers. Wherever he went, he loved to go someplace and just have a fish sandwich and whatever local brews were.
Speaker 2: A hootie or a hooty.
Speaker 8: Well, even the micro bruise at that time. Oldenburg was big. So we decided we'd take him down to the Greyhound Grill right because we knew they had a couple of differently local beers that were being served there, Oldenburg being one of them. He wanted to try the Oldenburg. So we're coming out of Davoo Park right as you get to the first hole on the right of the golf course, and in front of us is this big panel van. Now I am assuming that it was a panel van with a bunch of movers in it that was moving into a new house. And if you get up there, it's easy to get lost. They come to the stop sign, put it in park, and two guys come walking out of either side back towards our van. No Secret Service know anything else we have in the car. Jim and Mary are sitting in the back, Quail sitting in the front with me. I'm behind the wheel. Quail looks at me and see these guys come over, and his eyes are about big as wide two.
Speaker 2: Pee holes in the snow.
Speaker 8: He looks over me and goes, get us the darn place out of here, and I immediately just slam the gas and we go up onto the dirt back around the stone benches nearly flip it down onto the golf course back and we get back onto the road. First off, Jim Buddy looks around and Jim Buddy is like.
Speaker 2: What the hell are you doing? Richard?
Speaker 8: You knew you were in trouble when he called you Richard, and Quayle just looks around and goes, shut up, Jimmy's driving.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, I shut up, Jimmy's driving. That's not great.
Speaker 8: I just I just imagined these two guys were these two guys were moving somebody into a house and couldn't find the house and looking around going.
Speaker 2: That's wrong with that guy. That's funny, true story, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Uh So Rick, our current vice president J D Vance, who, as I mentioned, is you know, the campaign for twenty twenty eight is full on right now. It never and that election cycle never ends in Washington, DC, it doesn't now. It was on Face the Nation yesterday. Margaret Brennan. I don't know if you've noticed over the past few years, but CBS and Margaret Brennan and all of their lackeys Jan Schaeffer before him, have not been particularly fond of or fans of Donald Trump and giving them fair coverage. I think the Alphabet networks coverage of Donald Trump still to this day, up until this election, but to this day has been about ninety five percent negative and five percent positive. They never report anything good about Trump or anybody associated with it. But so this is a big moment for JD. Vance to face the fire of that evil Margaret Brennan, I face the nation and so both this is Margaret Brennantungan. So both defense secretaries from President Trump's last term were confirmed overwhelmingly ninety percent of the vote.
Speaker 2: Pete Hegseth.
Speaker 1: It was a tie bipartisan opposition, smallest margin since the job was created. You had to break that tie. If the nominee can't unite your party, how is it going to leave three million people? And again, the candidate united the party except for those three people. The vice president here's his answer. Well, look, I think Pete is a disruptor, a disruptor, and a lot of people don't like that disruption. But Margaret, that disruption is incredibly necessary. If you think about all those bipartisan massive votes, we have to ask ourselves what did they get us? They got us a country where we fought many wars over the last forty years, but haven't won a war about as long as I've been alive. They've got us a military with major recruitment crisis that is a fact, a procurement price crisis also a fact that's totally functional, where we buy airplanes for billions and billions of dollars, terrible cost overruns, the delivery dates are always delayed. So we need a big change.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Admittedly there are people who don't like that big change, but it is necessary and it's explicitly what Donald J. Trump ran on, and I think part of the reason why the American people elected him their forty seventh president. That's right off the butt, right off the top, and he goes down point by point.
Speaker 8: One of the best things that Donald J. Trump did was choose him as his vice president because he you, they're laughing. A couple of weeks ago, he explains maga better than MAGA. Yeah, I think you're right. He really adds a rationality to it. And it's funny because if you remember, at the at the very beginning, so many.
Speaker 2: People were aghast that it was Jadevans.
Speaker 8: But actually what he has been able to do, I think is put into common everyday language, what in fact it all is about. That is a perfect example. Yesterday I did not watch Face the nation. I don't watch face. I saw the transcript and I watch a bunch of them. You have to see what everybody saying. But I've quit watching that one years ago. But it I think it's a just shows you what a good choice it was to make jd Vance the vice president.
Speaker 2: Well usually.
Speaker 1: And this is not to demean dan Quayle or anyone that's been vice president.
Speaker 8: If you're going to de bean dan quay you have to get in line. Okay, that's true. There's a lot of people that want to hear to day. I lived through it myself. I remember the jokes and everything else.
Speaker 2: But to have a.
Speaker 1: President that well, jd Vance is not the lightning rod. Donald Trump is as a personality perfect, perfect, but he I don't think that to Kamala Harris was chosen because she was the most confident person to be Joe Biden's vice president. And if again you look at it from the level of communication and and you know, and and well and also if you take a look at the last election, I mean, I mean she did not pick Walls, was not was a horrible communicator.
Speaker 2: Horrible communicator.
Speaker 8: Everybody told me from up that way, some folks up in Minnesota, Oh, he's going to be the all shocks, you know, the Northwestern or you know, we're going to do the Midwestern thing, you know, every We're going to have the first price presidents ever say geez luise, you know, and and and drinking old fashion every night for dinner. You know. But I think he's just poisoned by their lootfisk. He just he just couldn't communicate. I mean, there was there was no there, there no But I guess what I'm saying is and you you said it right. Jd Vance explains MAGA better than MAGA. And it's a refreshing change in that position in that office because I I mean, if something had happened to Trump in the first term, as fraught with all the problems there were in his first term, I had no confidence in Mike Pence whatsoever. And this is long before January sixth, in the vote in the Senate on you know, certifying the election. I just never saw Mike Pence as maybe a nice guy, maybe nice guy, but is he presidential material?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 8: Most nice presidents aren't presidential material. That's why we've elected so few of them to become president.
Speaker 2: Right but JD.
Speaker 1: Vance I believe fills that bill. Don't you agree? I think it does.
Speaker 8: I think he I mean, clearly, he is the leading candidate going into the first month of the twenty twenty eight campaign for president, right right, just.
Speaker 1: The first month. Rick Robinson, thank you so much, my friend. It is always a pleasure to be here. Make sure if you're at home, listen to this. Everybody needs a copy of nineteen sixty eight. Everybody, everybody just and my kids need my grandkids need some new shoes, so no pick one up on Amazon today. Nineteen sixty eight, a primer for understanding baby boomers.
Speaker 2: All right, wonderful, sir, Thank you, good to see. I'm a friend.
Speaker 1: The nightcap continues, Lee Schi le Mish for a few minutes. Find out why Gary Jeff would say something like Lee Shai Lamish on the air. But he's coming up in just a few as we continue on seven hundred WLW A right to talk about Chinese culture, a specific kind of culture that is stretches well past and well before the China of today and the Chinese Communist Party that controls that nation and its residents, its citizens with the proverbial iron fist if they fall out of line with what the party wants, what the government wants, and the like. And he's uniquely qualified because for a good deal of time. And I'll let him remind me of how many years he has been MCing for the group shen Yun, which is a Chinese dance and cultural theater group that travels the country. They uniquely do something that I don't think there's anybody else quite like what they're doing around the country. And shen Yun, of course will be in this area, I believe as well, very very soon. Leshai Lemish is the man behind the mic, and he's the man on the other end of the telephone right now, Leshai.
Speaker 2: Good evening, Hi, how are you doing doing fine? How long have you been with Shenyun traveling around the country?
Speaker 9: Eighteen years? You know, old enough to vote? Yeah? The company since we started, Yeah, And you know, we were just one group of people, a lot of volunteers. It was just a bunch of former, you know, top artists from China who a lot of them fled persecution. Others felt like there was no outlet for their art for traditional Chinese art in China under the Chinese Communist Party, and they said, let's create our own company in New York, Upstate New York and revived this culture and also tell the untold stories of people facing persecution in China and their courage. And we just started from nothing and no government support, no corporate support, no big donors, you know, just a bunch of people. And from that it is you know, a school was established to train dances in classical Chinese dance called Satian Academy, and then a college a master's program, and they trained one generation after another of dancers and musicians and hired people from all over the world. And now we have eight groups that tour the world at the same time. And we're talking about seven hundreds similar performances, not as many performers, maybe seventy times daily, you know, five hundred plus performers and you know, perform in front of over a million people every year. Ten million people so far will be in Ohio mid.
Speaker 2: February, yeah, next month.
Speaker 9: And it's quite a phenomenous.
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you this, Lesha, that I was talking with someone else who doubted that Chinese app like TikTok could really be forcing propaganda on American citizens and collect obviously collecting all kinds of data for whatever the Communist Chinese Party wants. And he was just acting like that was all trumped up and it wasn't real, and that there was no problem with TikTok and why was it even questioned? And then I told him a little bit about our last conversation about Shan Yun and what the Chinese Communist Party reaches its tentacles across into our country and tries to do to disrupt your performances, because it's much like Mao and the Cultural Revolution in China, where they wanted to blot out every piece of history Chinese, real Chinese history, it goes back thousands of years, anything before the Communists took over and act like it never happened, and they're still trying to do it. They're still trying to do it with your group. When you perform in this country, what kind of things have you been able to I mean, can you rightfully accuse the CCP of doing in this country as you're trying to tour?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 9: Okay, So there's a whole range of things that we know for sure that they're doing, and there's things that we maybe can't prove it to them, but are happening the ones that we can accuse them of.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 9: We have copies of letters that Chinese embassies and conflicts have sent to the theaters where we perform, to our own elected officials, congressmen, mayors, telling them to try to cancel the performances, nullified contracts that we have for shows, even shows that were entirely sold out. This does not work in America. It does work a little bit in Eastern Europe and some parts of Asia where they're more suspect to CCP pressure, but in America at backfires. And then what we do know that they've tried to also pressure our sponsors, you know, media, advertisers, any sponsors that we have to try to cancel. That that sometimes works. They pressure Chinese student and scholar associations, which are present in every big university in the country, through Confucius Institutes, through their United Front organization to protest, to pressure the theaters to cancel shows, to tell people not to go through the show. And then there's a whole range of you know, gangster type attack that we face. We've had our bus Hire slash and they're slashed in such a way that they don't deflate right away. They would explode on the highway and they're cut just a little bit into the rubber. And this has happened multiple times and it's under inspection, police reports.
Speaker 2: The whole thing.
Speaker 9: We're getting bomb threats, and you know these are in Chinese, written in a very mainland China sort of a way, And of course we can't point dis directly to the ambassador to Cgping. But the other thing that we know is that we've had leaked documents coming out of China saying that Shanyin performing Arts is a major target of the Chinese Communist Party and a big threat, and that they want to take us down. It's like the endgame battle for them, and the way that they want to do it is through weaponizing our social media. It's going back to TikTok, and obviously not just TikTok, but x and YouTube and everything else, and to use that with their agents and with paying other people money, including YouTubers who were offered two hundred dollars or five hundred dollars in different cases to do videos attacking Hnyun and then get that narrative into mainstream American media like the New York Times, and we see copycat behavior from local papers trying to basically attack Shanyuan as being an abusive kind of performing arts company or attack China Force, and you know, the reality couldn't be any more different. And you talk to our performers. They love it here. Our retention rates are incredibly high. And this is you know, it's not performing arts is not an easy lifestyle. You're traveling a lot, that's physically exhausting. But people have very well taken care of top doctors, so all these claims that they have are very easily refuted. But they get out there so much that they're trying to create this narrative. But you know, we're still performing. A lot of shows are sold out, doing well and not going to stop.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: You remember, and you said that the performers love it here. They also have a deep, abiding love for their own culture as a people. Is it Chinese people that goes back thousands of years?
Speaker 2: Lisha.
Speaker 1: We saw this happen during really during twenty twenty after the George Floyd riots in this country. We saw it with people wanting to tear down statues of Civil War or great Americans like Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, even because of the sins of their past. But the problem with was you don't erase the sins of the past by completely forgetting and moth bawling everything that happened in the past, as the Communist Chinese Party has done. They're just like the Prohomasue protesters. They're just like any other They're like, isis that tore down monuments and antiquities in the Middle East because they said, no, that doesn't matter anymore. We're here in control now. And the Communist Chinese Party has been doing this now for decades, since they took over that wonderful country.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a certain arrogance in people today saying the past doesn't matter. All that matters is what we think and what we know now. And as we learn more and more about ancient history, including prehistoric civilizations and what existed a long time ago, we learn actually there are multiple paths that you can take to hav an advanced civilization. But what's in common is this traditional morality virtues, and that's what's coming out in our performance, and that's what traditional Chinese culture is really about its ideas like courage and integrity and compassion and and humility and a certain spirituality and humility in front of the design. And that is something that's held humanity together for thousands of years. And when we lose that, we lose those traditions. Just so when you have all this other stuff, and of course that's what Mouth set out to destroy. And the culture evolution, which you know was not that long ago, talking late sixties, early seventies. I know a lot of people who went through it. And so when we perform Shinu and we bring back these traditions and these virtues, they resonate with everybody. It's a Chinese cultural performance, but you see people from all walks of life, religions, races, countries, nationalities really moved to tears by an ancient Chinese story about sacrifice.
Speaker 2: You mention couraged Lisha.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that you're going to be in Ohio mid February, so we're not that far away from mid February. We're closing in. You know where their performance is and is it sold out already?
Speaker 9: We will be in Cincinnati not sold out fifteenth and sixteenth of FEBRUARYES, that's a good little value on time's day of.
Speaker 2: And what's the venue? Do you know the venue? Right off the top of your head. I believe what's called aeronoff Center.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, cool, aeronoff Center February fifteenth and sixteenth, shen ywn with just beautiful. I mean I've seen clips of some of the performances and it is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: And Lee Shat, thank you for spreading the word and letting people know that you're doing this out of love for the culture, and uh, you're also doing it flying in the face of what the communists are trying to achieve, which is the obliteration of that culture in the name of them being the new God.
Speaker 9: I guess yeah, Well, we appreciate the support. I think people will really enjoy the performance. We haven't even talked about the artistry involved, but the message is one of hope and people leave the show inspired and that's really what drives are performers.
Speaker 2: All right, Lisha, I will look for you. Thank you so much, thank you. All right.
Speaker 1: The Nightcap continues in mere moments on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: That's what we're done at.
Speaker 1: Goodnight and joining us now is the man who's the head of the Kublius Washington, DC Employment Agency and PR firm, the greatest PR firm in the world. Helps us get all these great guests you hear on my shows and all around the country promoting books and whatever. Also the author speaking of books of the White Privilege album and also the Woking Dead.
Speaker 2: Before that, the one and only A J. Rice. How are you doing good? Evening? Aj doing good? Great to be here, Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: The disruptors are arriving to work.
Speaker 10: The American people elected the great disruptor, and he is sending disruptors into each department they're elected twenty seven Yankees, murderers. Row is coming in here dropping moabs on these departments. They have to be totally got it.
Speaker 1: Well, you were talking about I was talking at the top about the Publius PR Employment Agency. Your clients, man, are lining the halls or will be soon lining.
Speaker 2: The halls of Trump's White House. As you text me.
Speaker 1: You said, clients who have found up so far in Trump's White House shopping cart includes Secretary of Defense mister Pete Hexv, HHS Secretary Robert F. Kennedy, Junior Treasury Secretary. You've got the whole list of them here, aj I do.
Speaker 10: I have many of them everyone except for like Rubio. Although you know, Monica Crowley's been nominated as the Assistant Secretary of State, so I will have her over at State Department sometime soon. And look, Michael Waltz, Congressman, I did a children's book with him.
Speaker 3: He's going to be National Security Advisor.
Speaker 10: He luckily doesn't have to sit there and deal with doesn't have to go through a confirmation here. But look, this is what the American people wanted. They wanted an overhaul of the establishment of the deep state, of the swamp. And I gotta tell you, I'm probably gonna see RFK Jr. This week, Tulsi and RFK Junior in particular. The Democrats are going to do everything they.
Speaker 3: Can to try to stop these two.
Speaker 10: Which is why everyone listening needs to call their senators and call their congressmen, because they cannot have these two Democrats escape the plantation.
Speaker 3: They cannot because others may follow.
Speaker 10: I'm looking at you, John Fetterman, I'm looking at you. I'm looking at John Ossoff in Georgia.
Speaker 3: They need to make it so painful for.
Speaker 10: RFK Junior and Tulsi that no one else will dare escape the bankrupt intellectual plantation of liberalism.
Speaker 1: Well has already proven aj that he could be flipped. I mean, he just talks common sense when you don't hear that out of that party any other time during a news cycle.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: But this was a huge deal this election.
Speaker 10: This was a somewhat of a realignment, and it was a reset. And the death rattles coming for wokeism, for liberalism, for cultural Marxism, and they are going to try to really lay some gloves on Tulsi and on RFK Jr. And I hate to say this, the audience needs to know this. There are some establishment Republican aligned organizations that are moving themselves into place to help the Democrats stop RFK Junior and Charlsea Gabbert well.
Speaker 1: Of course, because he is no friend to big pharma, to big food, to big ag because his whole pitch it challenges their business model, So.
Speaker 2: Of course it's try.
Speaker 10: It challenges the poisoning of the United States on behalf of our pocket book, It challenges all of that. And look, RFK Junior and you know Marco Rubio probably don't agree on a whole bunch of things.
Speaker 3: But RFK Junior is not being sent, you know.
Speaker 10: To run uh you know, some pro life group or the EPA or the State Department. He's going exactly to the place that needs the most disrupting and that is you know, the USDA and the National Institutes of Health and AHHS.
Speaker 3: He has to go in there. We were taken for a ride, ladies and gentlemen. Okay, I see now now that we.
Speaker 10: Run the CIA, I see that the lab leak theory, the lablak theory. Remember when we were all deplatformed and demonetize for the lab leak. Oh yeah, Well guess what the CIA is basically saying, you know, it probably escaped the lab. Now you know, take the next step. Who paid for the lab, who was running the lab, did it.
Speaker 3: Escape or purpose? So those are the next questions.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: It's like it's like Musk said when he bought Twitter now x he said, Look, most of the conspiracy theories people had about Twitter turned out to be true.
Speaker 1: Well, we who paid for the lab, who conducted the research? I think now we know why. Anthony Fauci was one of Joe Biden's last minute preemptive pardons for any crimeing MA have committed going back to back back ten years.
Speaker 3: Gonna go back ten years, just like Hunter with the blownose.
Speaker 10: You know, Hunter blownos got a ten year retroactive party.
Speaker 1: You know, see, people like you Aja need to be in the forefront more often because now that Trump's kind of a a kinder, gentler Trump, you know, we need somebody to tell, we need to we need to say, we need to see somebody come up with nicknames.
Speaker 2: You know Trump, Trump has kind of backed a some of the nicknames. So you know, blonos Is is definitely a great one to say.
Speaker 10: You know, I could probably go into the administration if I wanted to.
Speaker 3: I mean, half the White House are my clients.
Speaker 10: But I am much more valuable and can do much more damage work in communications from outside. There's certain rules that you know, once you're a government employee that you have to sort of abide by. So you know, think of me as the communications version of a pro bono lawyer that you know, I can, I can, I can, I can work my own social justice.
Speaker 3: I can work MAGA social justice and.
Speaker 10: Try to get as many of our people confirmed as possible.
Speaker 3: And it's not just the big names.
Speaker 10: It's four thousand people right that are going into you know, it's Sergio Gore who's running the PPO office Presidential Personnel Office. He's my client and I've known him for you know, twenty years, ladies and gentlemen. He was running Winning Team Publishing along with Donald Trump Junior for the last you know, five years. And that's not just the Trump Coffee table books that you see, I'm sure on on Fox it's he's done Charlie Kirk's book, Judge, Janine MTG, Carrie Lake, Peter Navarro. So so look that's who's in charge of the hiring and the firing. That is a stone cold killer. Sergio Gore is amazing. So it's not all the names that you know, it's some of the names that you're going to learn about as we proceed here.
Speaker 1: On a personal level, aj Rice, I wanted to ask you, as a relatively new father, is this part of the encouragement that you're getting from watching the first week of the Trump presidency for your offspring's future. I mean, that's that's something that a lot of people have been reticent and hesitant to do, is have children because they were so unsure of the future and the future is allways unsure, and you know that's that's a fact.
Speaker 3: That's only breaks some news for you. Here, break some news for you.
Speaker 10: But yeah, my son who was born on January sixth, he's an insurrection baby.
Speaker 3: He is doing great. We are always fighting.
Speaker 10: Like Reagan said, you know, we're only one generation away from losing it all. But we have to fight for not just our own children, but everyone else's and children yet unborn. You know, I might have another one on the way sometime soon, if I can hit the bullseye, you know, I mean, that's just it.
Speaker 3: Baron Trump is your future.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you know.
Speaker 10: And guess what he said it He said it best when he leaned in there on the on the uh reanimated corpse there at at the inauguration. It's on, and it is on, ladies and gentlemen, it is on. You have we have to fight for every one of these nominees. So get on the phone and uh you know, pretend that you're a call sit in India and start harassing your conference.
Speaker 1: You're on, and I appreciate you being on for me. Aj Rice Tonight on the Nightcap, as we continue on seven hundred W LW, it's been a long time coming this conversation, and we'll do as much as we can on the subject. But we have here from the Center for Immigration Studies CIS dot org, the one and only Todd Bensman, author of books like Overrun about our Southern Border.
Speaker 2: He has been on our southern border.
Speaker 1: He's been in the countries that are feeding the mass illegal invasion that has been occurring over the last for in earnest for a long time, but especially the last four years. And it's got to be refreshing to see the changes that Trump has brought already along with Tom Holman and Ice, Todd Bensman, how are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing great, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: No new piece you were just working on and I haven't seen it completely yet. I'm just looking at the headline pro Haamas anti Jewish college demonstrators here on visas are I notice that their US welcome is over? And that was something that was talked about before the election as well. While these protests were fomenting with people who were not even citizens, and in many cases weren't even students of the colleges where they were protesting, right.
Speaker 11: Right, And this is one of three pieces that I'm It's the first of three pieces that I'm writing about one of the more interesting of the Trump probably the most interesting of the Trump executive orders that he signed, having to do with national security vetting. We all remember extreme vetting right from Trump one point zero, where you know, he endeavored to make sure that you know, all visa applicants, especially from certain Muslim countries, were vetted thoroughly before they were approved for entry. And then of course they tried to put a program of that together and Biden administration eliminated all of it. And now the new executive order endeavors to really restore all of that and go much farther to include targeting for visa revocation. All of those pro terrorist Hamas demonstrators that we saw on campuses all across the country. They're still out there now, a lot of them hiding their faces, but those who can be identified, it looks like the administration is planning to hunt them down, take away their visas, and deport them if you read the language of this presidential order. This is a piece you can find at CIS dot org CIS dot org under my name Bensman. There's a couple more pieces coming about decoding this counter terrorism order at the border, one of which is that this is the one that will allow for the return of the so called travel ban. You probably know it as the quote unquote misnamed Muslim travel ban, although it's not that that's coming back too, and that will probably include many more than just the initial thirteen countries that were on that list. Nobody will get to come in from those countries. In fact, all refugee visas are suspended right now, yay, for the next four months. So things have really just as Kamala Harris used to say, turn the page.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it's one hundred and eighty degree difference, and we all knew it would be. It became almost that when Iden got into office in twenty twenty one and you took away remain in Mexico and all the other policies that President Trump had implemented, campaigned on and implemented. That's the thing that the guy follows and tries to fulfill his campaign promises. Donald Trump, he truly does, and he's been no stranger at that in this past week. Todd Bensman, But did you hear the story? And I've not been able to confirm this anywhere else but it doesn't surprise me or astound me at all that the Marxist school teacher turned mayor of Chicago was actually letting illegals who had committed crimes, who were actually in jail, out on the streets so Ice couldn't find them. Have you heard that? And does that sound like something that the anti American leaders in these places, these sanctuary states and cities would do.
Speaker 11: That's well established policy and practice in big blue democratic cities. They just did it. In Boston. We had ice raids there. Fox News was along on those raids and was able to interview and film the kind of people that they were picking up, all of whom had been released from Boston area jails just recently into the community. Instead of them just phoning ICE to come get them, we had to hunt them down.
Speaker 2: Ice had to.
Speaker 11: Hunt them down. And they were murderers and child molesters and rapists. And one of the guys was a gangbanger, you know, arrested seventeen times and kept getting released.
Speaker 5: And nobody would call it.
Speaker 2: Oh the guy from Haiti, Yeah, he's quoted saying thank you Joe Biden, thank you Obama, You've been great, and f Trump and they have, They have that on film and all of these thousands.
Speaker 11: There were supposedly seven hundred and fifty thousand criminal aids running around the country, a huge number of them in these blue cities whose leaders believe that it's somehow moral to not call ice. When bad guys are getting out of jail, they release them into the count, into the country to recommit against their own people. It's unbelievable that they think there's some political advantage in this, but they're not.
Speaker 2: Indeed. Uh are you are you? Where are you now? Geographically? I'm in Austin, Austin, Texas. Okay, are you making any plan trips to the border anytime soon?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I probably will go down pretty soon. I just it's it's definitely on my immediate horizon. Probably we'll go down there to see what's happening on the other side. All right, Well, I always but I will tell you this, Yeah, that the number but my sources are telling me that the numbers of crossers is down below five hundred an.
Speaker 2: Age order length. I saw that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's remarkable, because well, I don't think we've seen that in decades, even even at the best Trump order. I don't think we had numbers that low. I'm checking that out exactly what the history is on that, but we may and you know, my sources are telling me they expect the trajectory to go down to two hundred a day, which is just unbelievable. And the reason is because they just simply flip the switch on a couple of policies to twelve F go Google to twelve F of the i NA that has been available to the Biden administration the entire time.
Speaker 5: They could have done it at any time.
Speaker 11: They did not need a big Senate bill, bipartisan, comprehensive Senate nothing, They just needed to do to twelve F.
Speaker 5: That's what they're doing.
Speaker 11: They're pushing everybody back with no chance for asylum, and that is having an incredible impact on the other side among the migrants because they know that their money investments are not going to get them over the border. They're going to get shipped back to Mexico, and so they're staying home or going home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you planning on seeing a lot of self deportation, Tod.
Speaker 11: Well, I've heard about that. There's some of that. I don't know how well documented that is. That people in the United States that are here illegally. If we catch you and have to deport you, we're going to put a big ten year ban on you from ever coming in legally. So there's this idea, and that's on purpose to sort of induce people to just go home on their own and save us the trouble. And that way you could potentially apply to come in legally and do it the right way.
Speaker 5: But I don't know what the number.
Speaker 11: That's such a new phenomenon that's definitely worth.
Speaker 1: Watching, absolutely and I know that you'll be there watching it and reporting on it CIS dot org. The man's name is Todd Bensman, and I am so just so thankful you took a few minutes out to talk about the great turnaround of vetting people and really addressing for the first time in four years our illegal immigration problem in this country. And you've been there all along. I really appreciate it. Todd, Thank you anytime, anytime you got it. It's the nightcap on seven hundred WLW one more for the Road.
Speaker 2: Get the breathalyzers out.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk with the man behind the curtain at Mike's Music, the One and Only Mike Reader, about a special event that is coming up this coming Sunday next weekend. And see there's no football next Sunday, so you've got absolutely no excuse. It's the Sunday in between the playoffs and the Super Bowl. Mike Reader, good evening. Tell tell me what you've got planned.
Speaker 5: Uh, well, Gary, thanks for having having me on. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 12: So what we're doing is a show called Positively Mainstress, and it is a Dylan show where thirty artists and bands of the Tri State area are going to get together and play Dylan songs. Each band is going to play one to three songs, and we're all playing different tunes so there's no repeating in the songs. And all the funds are going to go to Children's Hospital giving Kids Hope, which is the cancer department there at Children's Hospital that my son went through.
Speaker 5: And it's just gonna be a great day.
Speaker 12: We're gonna have raffles, we're gonna have split the pot, and just all kinds of amazing bands are going to play these songs and it's gonna be all day long.
Speaker 2: Now are you divulging? Are you divulging? What you were playing? That's a Dylan tune.
Speaker 13: I can.
Speaker 12: Yeah, my band Chalk Eye, we're gonna do a big Girl now tangled up in blue and out of a thin man. And then I'm lucky enough they'd be setting in and playing.
Speaker 5: With a bunch of other people.
Speaker 12: So yeah, I'll be playing with Noell Witherspoon and uh, Brent James and a couple other people helping them out, and a bunch of friends are getting together. So it's it's going to be a great time. It's at the Village Theater in Mainstross, which is our theater in Mainstross. It's the Mike's Music and it's all day long area. It starts at noon and we're going to go into the night, probably nine ten hours.
Speaker 5: So it's going to be a great well.
Speaker 1: And the other thing to remember is that I don't believe next Sunday there are any pride parades or any other event going on that would take up all of the parking there in Kellington for the event.
Speaker 2: And you start again at one time.
Speaker 5: We're starting at noon. Bands start at noon.
Speaker 12: We're going to do doors at eleven thirty and the plan is to go to about nine.
Speaker 5: But you know, when you're dealing with thirty bands, you never know what's going to happen. Yeah, yeah, I mean, sure you come out.
Speaker 1: Keep keeping them all on time is this is the biggest thing. And then they're musicians, so hopefully they're awake by by Sunday afternoon for their set.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I talked to uh, to a guy named Brad Dansbury who has got a Brad is gonna come play, And he was telling me about this because I brought it up. Actually, I said, I'm going to talk to Mike Reader on Monday night at the bar this weekend. I told him and I said about the Fast. He said, yeah, I'm involved in that too, which is great. I'm like, you have thirty artists and it's so top of mind. It's so top of mind with a complete unknown in the theaters just getting rave reviews everywhere, the story of Bob Dylan and Joan Bias and Pete Seeger. I mean that's that had to play into your, uh, your envisioning of of the theme for.
Speaker 5: This for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 12: I'm good friends with Elliott Ruther, who was we were sort of semi partners at the Herzon Music thing downtown and we've been talking about doing this for years and It's just one of those things that it just seemed like the right time for sure.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 12: Some of the artists that we're gonna have is Sunny Mormon Band's gonna come.
Speaker 5: You know, a lot of Spring's gonna be there. Brent James is going to be there.
Speaker 12: This band called Highway sixty one, which is sort of like a doing cover band, do you.
Speaker 5: Think, Yeah, yeah, they're really really good.
Speaker 12: And some of the raffle items we're gonna have we have a recording package yet we're offering from Mike's music. My friend from Lester's Rock and Roll Shop is going to give this really cool skateboard away. And there is a.
Speaker 5: Poster that Miltoner's Meltoner's made.
Speaker 12: He's an artist locally and it's just a it's really beautiful and cool, super cool. That's gonna have those available. It's gonna go all day and it's gonna be a great time.
Speaker 5: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: You still have your you still get your vintage guitar shop on Mama Street in Newport?
Speaker 5: Do you know I do?
Speaker 12: He's still you still have stopped in to see me it Gary, Well, yeah, right up the street from you.
Speaker 1: The times that I have had free to come by. I was either well I wasn't free, I was working, or you hadn't opened yet.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, yeah, we're here at twelve to six a day.
Speaker 2: All right. You want to hear a little Dylan story, Yeah, give me a villain story.
Speaker 5: Sure, Okay.
Speaker 12: So I've actually I've been lucky enough to meet the guys in the band and sold Bob a guitar and stuff. But the most interesting one is he came to our Covington location. My friend Mark Raya was running at the time. I played in a band with the Mumpiyes with Mark ray Now and he was watching the store and Bob walked in and hung out. There were some people in there, and they were just kind of like, you know, they eventually realized it was Bob because he had like a hoodie on, and he walked around. He played a Woltz organ, and he asked about some of the guitars, and one of the things he asked about was the Mainstas sumilogy.
Speaker 5: He said it reminded him of, you know, the New.
Speaker 12: York village that he, you know, used to go to all the time. And I just think that's super cool that he came in the store where we're going to have the benefits, so so.
Speaker 1: He said, he said Mainstrass reminded him of the old East village where he came up, where it was discovered.
Speaker 2: Basically, that's right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so that's pretty cool that Bob's been there. We're going to do this show and his honor and.
Speaker 5: Raise the money for Children's Hospital.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic Again, that is this Sunday, not this Sunday next Sunday, rather from noon, doors open at eleven thirty, just seven. What's what's the donation of the cost to get in?
Speaker 12: Mike uh suggested ten dollars, but we'll take way more or.
Speaker 2: You'll take what you can get. I'm sure there.
Speaker 1: The more for Children's Hospital, the merrier for you and the music.
Speaker 5: He'll be your way and it'll be good. There'll be lots of cool things you could bid on and win and it's it's just gonna be a great time.
Speaker 2: Well, look forward to it.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll remind people again of this coming Saturday morning and maybe you can come up with maybe you can think of or make up another story to tell me.
Speaker 2: Then the.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic Mike Reader from Mike's Music and the Big benefit coming up on Sunday at the at the Village Theater. Thank you, sir, It is just about time for us to say goodbye. The wild Man chimes in last next on seven hundred WLW Sports Commando, the last gasp of this night cap. This is literally one more for the road and then we're hitting the bricks at midnight. But between now and then, let us talk to the sports Commando, the wild Man, Dennis Wildman Walker for a few moments of what is And I started the show tonight wild Man by saying that a lot of people are not happy with me right now, and it has nothing to do with political views.
Speaker 2: It has to do with the fact that.
Speaker 1: I'm a Kansas City Chief supporter and everybody has the taste of sour grapes in their mouth, and I just think they need to grow up.
Speaker 13: What do you say, Well, they're already throwing at the conspiracy things.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you're well aware of.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if you lose and you legitimately lose, and some people are saying that these teams that Kansas City have beaten, some of them haven't legitimately lost, so I understand. So maybe it's like a Trump thing in twenty twenty four or twenty twenty. But no, if you lose, you find reasons beyond yourself as to why you lost. And these people are doing that right now. And it's so fun for me to watch.
Speaker 5: Oh, I bet it is.
Speaker 13: That's not surprising. That's the way it usually is, especially at sports. They're always looking for a different angle instead of being like being out played. But we have our we have our Super Bowl participants, the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs. This time that they're made him what for the second time in three years?
Speaker 1: I believe, yes, in yeah, the cream, the cream always rises to the top, wild Man, And once again the best of the best have shown themselves to be just that leading into the big game number fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Now, there's a problem with all this three peat talk.
Speaker 1: You can't legitimately legally label it a three peat because pat Riley trademarked that with the with the Lakers, right you remember that?
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, and and I got something here, I got something.
Speaker 5: Here for you here.
Speaker 13: The three peat has already been, It was already accomplished three championships in a row.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 13: Won the NFL Championship in sixty five, then in the sixty six and sixty seven they won the Super Bowl. So there's three championships, but it wasn't three super Bowls.
Speaker 1: The Cleve the Cleveland Browns, the clean Cleveland Browns have won an NFL championship, but they've never won a super Bowl. Right, the champions champions different super Bowl right, exactly, exactly. They always point to the championship they won before they let the AFC Boys play with them in a super Bowl.
Speaker 13: You're talking about you're talking about pat Riley the three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that too.
Speaker 5: So somebody's gonna be something.
Speaker 2: That's what I said. He's gonna get paid.
Speaker 5: He's gonna get paid big bucks.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, And that's why I've been trying to come up with a different name so I can make my own money off the merch When the Chiefs prevail, and I'm thinking about, uh, I don't know it, uh a three chiefdom.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else?
Speaker 13: Uh I don't like that Kansas City.
Speaker 1: I want my back to back to back baby back ribs.
Speaker 2: I don't know, don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's got to be something that you can grab a hold of with three I mean and and and make some cash of it because you don't want to pay pat Riley.
Speaker 13: Right, Well, he's going to get paid. He's gonna get paid at least with this Super Bowl for sure. Well if they win. If they don't win, all bets are off, and we're just.
Speaker 2: Off. Bets are off.
Speaker 13: But I'm telling you right now, the Chiefs are not going to beat the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid.
Speaker 13: You see how they destroyed you, see how they destroyed Washington. You got to stop someone, Saguan Barkley. Good luck trying to stop that guy, Jalen Hurts. Why he is not Pat Mahomes. He gets the job done. Squan Barkley.
Speaker 2: Saquon Barkley on the first offensive play of the game, rolls sixty yards for a touchdown the first play from scrimmage. And then you go, okay, well that that does happen with Sequan from time to time, but surely he won't be that.
Speaker 1: They won't let him be that dominant the rest of the game. They had no choice, and you got to pick. You got to pick your poison, Jalen, Yeah, Sequon Barkley. Uh And and there are numerous other weapons that the Eagles have to bring to the battle list. I predicted I thought Washington was on a real roll wild man, Oh we all did, we all did, yes, And so I predicted Washington would beat the Eagles, and the Chiefs would prevail at home against the Bills again and it would be washed. I had Jaden Daniels actually being the first rookie quarterback to win a Super Bowl, not just start a super Bowl, but why I predicted they would beat the Chiefs. But now I got to rethink everything, and what I saw out of Philadelphia as a Chiefs fan scares the holy bejeebers out of me.
Speaker 13: Well that if all the Eagles got to do is go back and look at the second half of how Buffalo attacked them. They attacked them with the run while they're running game, is okay? It isn't, Sir Quon Barkley. And then I think they they'll see something on the film. Well, so wouldn't get Barkley. We'll get some holes up for Barkley here.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no question about it.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that surprised you in either game yesterday?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: Not really, not really.
Speaker 13: I mean, I knew it would be toe to toe with the with the Bills.
Speaker 5: I love to.
Speaker 13: Say the fourth and one UH calls by the UH by the Bills coach that they you know, he's willing to go for it now not eve percent of the time, and usually it's been successful. I find it ironic that the game, the game is put out of reach by a former Bengal who was in there for the first time all day.
Speaker 2: He catches a pass, rhyme, p Ryme, and.
Speaker 13: He getches the pass. They'll play was an all day and sales the victory for the Chiefs. I go, well, that's that's poetic right there, right there.
Speaker 1: Well, p Ryme was a multi, multi talented running back here in Cincinnati. They just didn't have money for him on the roster and so he had to go somewhere.
Speaker 5: The clure here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a good soldier and a good performer.
Speaker 1: But for me, it all comes down still to the magic of Mahomes and the things well here goes.
Speaker 13: So you had to mention that, and I got to tell you that Tony Romo's mad love for Mahomes is flat out sickening, sickening. Do we have to hear him anymore? Or are we done with that? Because Tony Romo's man love for him. And that's off the how.
Speaker 1: You mentioned no home on Wildman wild Man, you mentioned Tony Romo.
Speaker 2: H I much prefer.
Speaker 1: In one season, tom Brady has proven to me that he's a better color commentator than Tony Romo.
Speaker 5: He's excellent.
Speaker 2: He's very good, and he's breaking he's breaking down. He's breaking down.
Speaker 1: He's breaking down stuff on the offense that never gets talked about anywhere else on TV during games, and he does it not in a tutorial or boring way.
Speaker 2: It's it's very enlightening.
Speaker 1: He I mean, the guy knows it obviously, but he can is the difference between knowing something and being able to tell somebody about something, and he has both both of those as factors in his broadcast.
Speaker 13: And the average football fan appreciates that because he's not trying to you know, act so like he's like above everybody when he is explaining it. No, Tom Brady, tom Brady has done a great, great job.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I like him on the air.
Speaker 1: I mean, my wife the first time she heard Tony Romo, she's, God, what's he doing on there?
Speaker 2: I can't stand that guy?
Speaker 1: And you know he's only filling up half the space during the broadcast. The only thing I would tell Tom Brady it's it's TV. And all these announcers do this too much. You don't need to provide every second with audio of you because people have pictures, and why don't you like the ambience sounds?
Speaker 13: Well, why don't you pass that on to that loud mouth ask kissing John Sayda who does the red scams? Because that guy doesn't shut up, and he's going to tell you everything. And there's a piece of paper on the field. Oh, there's a piece of paper on the field. I mean, the guy just doesn't shut up, and he's the worst. And I hope he I hope he does not come back to broadcast red scam, but I think he will.
Speaker 2: But he's just horrible.
Speaker 13: So he's the worst, the worst TV reds announcer in history.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you know, and there's a difference between radio and TV. Radio you don't have pictures. You've got to paint pictures with your words, right, TV, it's all there.
Speaker 2: In front of you.
Speaker 1: All you need to do is augment those pictures with good time comments exactly.
Speaker 13: I mean, how many times you look at the TV go really really really really extra?
Speaker 2: Tell me that.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady business would know this, but Tom Brady was Tom Brady was just saying things that really only a quarterback, a season quarterback would know, or a seasoned offensive player would know.
Speaker 2: That wasn't the obvious, That's what I meant.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: By the way, you can hear all of the Reds games right here on the Home of the Reds seven hundred W l W. How how are people going to be able to watch those games?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 13: Well, they've got I think it's going to be hooked up through uh. I don't know fan do or whatnot, but you'll be able to get them.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 13: They haven't announced exactly how they're going to do it then exactly announced who the announcers are. But I have a feeling when I saw that slab Sadak on the Reds caravan that he'll be uh, that he'll be behind the microphone.
Speaker 5: He's the worst. He is the worst.
Speaker 13: And I guarantee you we took a pole, a real psychific poll.
Speaker 2: He'd be gone. He'd be gone.
Speaker 5: By Reds fan, he would.
Speaker 2: Be out of here. But they won't do that.
Speaker 1: I love it when you go off on somebody, and you always go off on somebody.
Speaker 2: Well, I speak once the power. I speak truth to power.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean truth to power or just a little bullying wild man nugget once again on.
Speaker 5: The night like it is.
Speaker 2: I call it like it is.
Speaker 5: I've always called it like it is.
Speaker 13: All right, So here's the problem to you know, I would love to this to LW when I watched Reds games. But you know, if you put your you put the mute button on. You know, the Reds are like ten seconds either ahead or behind. So it really drives you crazy trying to watch the ball.
Speaker 1: It's the digital delay of the broadcast can be no very disconcerting.
Speaker 2: There's no uh no, you gotta have you gotta have a delay.
Speaker 1: Many what if what if Tom Brenneman says something about Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, let's not go there.
Speaker 1: All right, wild Man, thanks a lot for your time. Well, have a good night and we will see what happens. Hopefully talk to you next Monday night.
Speaker 2: All right, yes, sir, all right, I'll talk to you that Gary, Jeff, you got it.
Speaker 1: As always, we close out the nightcap with our national anthem to honor America, as we do right now, our star spangled banner on seven hundred W l w