Speaker 1: Ripped us need advice.
Speaker 2: We you don't have to.
Speaker 3: Come running, just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix's the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Now Tom Martino, Hello, Tom Martino, Here cappy to be alive, and thank you very much for joining us. We are solving problems as we do all the time, answering questions, taking complaints, making your life a little easier. This hour brought to you by plumb Line Services for plumbing, heating, cooling, electric and drains. And Bob Logan is with us. He's the chief bottle washer there in Denver and here to answer questions or just chime in on the show as he usually does, always dressed as if he came out of a GQ magazine. And then, of course we have Major Mark Major, my cohort in many, many plots. Let's just put it this way. If I was p Ditty on trial, he'd be right next to me anyway. Uh three O three seven one three eight two five five, Deputy Doc, I see is in the house a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm here with Deputy Bo so locked and loaded, yep.
Speaker 1: Yep, So let's talk. I'm going to bring up the picture for those streaming of the studio the studio guys, and I want to ask a very simple question today because it came to me when I was reading stories about all kinds of stuff. I just have a question. Trust. A lot of what we do in life has to do with trust. Sure, we can get things in writing, we can also do our research, but a lot comes right down to trust. We have to trust our employees. Employees have to trust their bosses. Consumers have to trust people they do business with. I mean, there's so much room for a lack of trust as well. I mean, you can breach someone's trust. And I want to know, if you had to pick a category of trust, what do you think it would be? Who do you trust implicitly and not an individual person, but categorically do you categorically trust a certain industry more than another? And then when it comes to individuals. Of course, because of my recent stuff I've been through, I really have I do trust healthcare workers. Now, there was a big deal when it went when we went through COVID, where there was a lack of trust and a lack of knowledge and a lack of I mean, there were so many theories and philosophies and all kinds of things going on that many of us started of doubting the medical profession and science. And again I think, I think personally, I don't think there was anyone on the healthcare level the providers that purposely did anything during COVID that they knew was wrong. Now I'm not talking about big pharma. I'm not talking about big places. I'm talking about individuals. I think the healthcare workers didn't know what the hell was going on, so when they were told to to, you know, do what they did, they did what they did. I mean, I think they did it out of good intention. But Bob Logan with plumb Line Services, Bob, I don't want to. I don't want to can response from Plumbline. I want your gut feeling. When it comes to trust, are there people that you tend to trust automatically? Do you have any Do you have any like like like police officers for example, or or whatever. Who do you trust when it comes to life? Who do you trust?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 5: That's a great question, you know, Yeah, you kind of uh set the stage for me. But I would say our first responders, because whether it's a police officer, firefighter, yeah, e MT. You know, there that's a that's a job, there's a calling, it's a sacrificial job, and they don't always see the financial rewards. So all of our first responders, that's the.
Speaker 2: Wrong first responder, she said, your wife.
Speaker 5: Well he was talking about in doc doctor.
Speaker 1: Do you think I people people trust healthcare workers.
Speaker 6: I don't think there's a big difference between the generalized healthcare workers that are in the bureaucracy of the government then your own personal physicians. So I trust the guys that I see on an individual basis, and I don't trust uh people like Fauci or you know RFK Jr.
Speaker 2: Who are policymakers.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, good point. So the actual healthcare providers you tend to trust, not necessarily the upper echelon. What about your deputy bow who do you trust?
Speaker 7: I trust people that are actually willing to listen to what I have to say, and that are able to give me true and honest feedback, whether it be negative or positive, like not bs the ISAE like, give me.
Speaker 1: An idea what you're talking Give me an idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: Well, if I ask for someone for advice on something like a family member, I want them to listen to really what my problem is and to give me a feedback like hey, bow.
Speaker 1: You Okay, But in general, right now, if you have to pick a category of people you deal with on a day to day, week to week, month to month, year to year, who do you normally trust? Like I trust law enforcement for the most part, is the anyone that you trust automatically.
Speaker 7: I recently put my trust and Waveight wealth Management.
Speaker 1: So, okay, I think it gets bad. That's really tough.
Speaker 2: It's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I am very skeptical when it comes to the financial industry. What about mortgage brokers.
Speaker 7: I tend to trust mortgage brokers. Now the health industry I don't trust. Okay, I mean or Mark Major, I'll pass. Look, come on, there must be people you trust implicitly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there is, I just haven't given it any thought.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about this. Are there people you absolutely do not trust most of the time? No, most of the time, I would say, I don't know. It's just weird. I think that trust is a big part of doing business, and if you don't have the trust, if someone does something to injure your trust, you can you tend to be skeptical of everyone. Sean welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martino. Three O three, seven to one to three. Talkers are number or three oh three Martino? What's going on? Sean?
Speaker 8: Hey, Tom, I just wanted to say the only one I trust is Jesus, and I'm so glad he helped you make it through what you went through, man, because I was pulling for you big time.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 1: I made Jews. I'm Tom, Sean. That means a lot to me, Sean. So Sean is bringing up faith and faith in Jesus. Now, faith for sure has very strong according to surveys, very strong trust and very strong distrust. That's what's amazing. The thing about faith is there are a number of people that absolutely do not trust people when they bring up faith. In fact, they think they're using it as a badge and don't trust them. Then there are many who use that as a as a badge of courage. They love it. But faith is the biggest controversy when it comes to trust, because you have people that are very sincere and you like, you know somebody who comes to mind. Frank Duran in the Real Estate Man, he bases his whole life on faith in a very good altruistic way. Then there are others I think that banter it about as a I don't know what would you say as a subterfuge or or a it's it's to cover up Sean. Yeah, kind of I don't want to lump them all together, but it's kind of right, uh, I mean, I I just always have a problem with that. Faith is very controversial now when it comes to home services. Bob Bob Logan with plumb my services.
Speaker 10: Do you feel.
Speaker 1: People when when when people when you go to the door, do you feel people automatically trust or automatically distrust or they're they're recording and figuring it out. What do you think in general?
Speaker 5: You know, in general, I think unfortunately that most people mistrust and uh, and it's because you know, there's so many unprofessional people in our industry. I'll even go to stay as far as crooks in our industry, people who are unqualified to be working in our industry, and so you hear all the horror stories. So I think for the most part, people initially have a hard time trusting, and we talk about that continually in our trainings, that.
Speaker 1: You have to earn their trust, you have to trust trust.
Speaker 5: And it starts from the time they open that door and look at you. If you look like you, you know, slept in your uniform or crawled out of a gutter or just came out of prison, you're gonna have hard time building that trust. First impressions make a huge, huge impact, and and then it has to be ongoing from there. It never stops from from the conversations you have with them.
Speaker 1: TuS a big deal, yeah, and and home services. To me, I I tend to trust because I know who I'm dealing with. But I think the big question people ask when they're dealing with anyone, with anyone, whether it's that kind gentleman who plugged my company Wave eight, or whether it's plumb line services, or whether it's a law enforcement Maybe it's not so much for law enforcement, but with the things, here's the first thing consumers ask to themselves what are they getting out of this or what's in it for them? Because normally, I mean, we've heard all the scams on this show Mark where people are trying to get you to buy something or invest in something or do something, and it's always the greatest thing in the world. And then you ask them, well are you invested? Do you have you know what are you doing? And so I think that trust is a big deal when it comes to people asking what's in it for you? Okay, real quick, now I want to go to the phones and take your calls. And right now. Mariam says she has a follow up. She was working with Dmitri. Do we have Dimitrio at all or to talk about this? Good?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Tell me what's going on, Miriam. I'm trying to find your call here?
Speaker 11: He suggests this.
Speaker 1: I haven't you know your iPhone sixteen? I remember it doesn't work? He verified that it was a little sketchy and what happened then?
Speaker 11: So I'm asking you, missus Martine, if you would be able to I'm sure you are to speak to T Mobile at Park Meadow at Park Medu. I ask him. I'll be happy to pay more if I can buy an iPhone sixteen pro. I would pay more money.
Speaker 1: But this, okay, but I thought phoned what what? What's the late? Just tell me what the latest is on this? Okay? For example, did you get another phone? Or did Dmitri verify that it was a problem?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: Where does it stand?
Speaker 11: On a conversation? And on Friday afternoon, early Friday afternoon finished. I was supposed to get a call from you guys, and I didn't. That's fine, And I waited over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Miriam, and we have to figure out, Mariam. We don't believe it's a phone problem.
Speaker 11: Sure, so what I think you should do in the past. I appreciate Mariam in the past. Please just please, I.
Speaker 1: Want you to trust me here. I want you to trust me here. Here's what we believe. There's no way. After a few phones, put her on hold. Please just put her on home and relate this. Relay this message to her. It's not her fault. We have a slight delay. We do not believe it's a phone problem. It is a service problem with T Mobile. It is not a phone problem. Dmitri feels the same way. This is because you don't just get two or three phones in a row and have the same exact It's not the phone. And if you think upgrading to an iPhone sixteen pro is going to be the difference, it's not. Okay. Now, I don't know what else to tell you. I if I were you in the areas you go or the things you do, and I know she's going to say, well, my friend st mobile and she doesn't have this problem. I am telling you, Mariam, and I want to get Deputy Dion to talk about this, but I truly believe you need to switch service. It's, first of all, it's almost impossible that two phones are going to be exactly screw up exactly the same way. I got to take this break, but let's try to get Deputy don I believe Mariam, you need to try that a different service. I'm not sure if that phone can be switched, but I do not believe it is. The phone. Okay, iPhone sixteen's are pretty much bulletproof. There haven't been many problems, and especially when you get a new one out of the box and it does exactly the same thing, it just doesn't make sense. We got more coming right up. Art wants to talk about Verizon, speaking of mobile phones. Mary wants to talk about air an issue with air air conditioning. I believe all of that coming up. THREEZHO three seven one three A two five five waterpros dot net the best drinking water at the kitchen fountain. The lowest price ever eleven ninety five will get you reverse osmosis system. You get a whole house system for forty nine to ninety five. That will uh, I mean, we'll do everything, whereas the thirty nine thirty nine it's it's everything. It's all of plastics, the forever chemicals, it softens it, conditions and drinking water. You don't do better for a lower price ever threeh three eight six y two five five five four waterpros dot net. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Frank around the real estate Man. We'll do a valuation of your home. A lot of people want to list their home, but they're not sure what will they make. Is it a good time or not, he'll do evaluation and it'll be free, really truly, no obligation. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Find out what you'll make, what you'll net, what you can buy. Three h three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank Drenda versus a Man dot Com. Okay, so I want to bring up Deputy Dmitri. Deputy D. He's been working on this iPhone issue and really she's had her replacement iPhone has the same exact problem. He talked around the phone, said the phone was sketchy, but or the service or whatever. Deputy D. She keeps thinking if she switches to the iPhone sixteen Pro, it's going to make a difference. I want to know what your gut feeling is on this.
Speaker 9: Well, Tom, I don't think that's going to make much difference. The odds of her getting two consecutive defective iPhones are pretty low. And as you may recall, on Friday, Dragon actually had a really good idea, which is that she did not correctly sync her phone with her Wi Fi network at home, and she has bad service coverage at home and that's why she has poor call quality. That we did verify that on Friday when I called her, and then you may recall that Friday, after the show, you Andite talked about referring her to iPhone Ted.
Speaker 12: And so this morning I actually spoke with Miriam before the show started and I said, hey, look, I told her what I just told you, and I said, we'd like to refer you to iPhone Ted and he makes house calls and his service is very reasonably priced and he can see if he can sink your phone with your with your network.
Speaker 9: And Miriam's response was, well, you know, if I.
Speaker 12: Have to pay for that service, I'll just go back to the Apple store. And that's how we left it. I said, you know, well, good luck.
Speaker 1: But did you talk to did you talk to I Ted?
Speaker 12: By the way, No, I wanted to make sure that Miriam is prepared, you know that for the fact that he perforced.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much he'll charge. He might just do the first visit gradus for us. Do we have Do we have eye Ted numbers somewhere Mark or suser? What's that we do?
Speaker 5: He doesn't do that stuff anymore.
Speaker 1: No, No, he doesn't do it professionally, but he might do us a favor. And check it out, is what I'm thinking. I don't know, maybe maybe not. We just need someone I really do not phone. I was convinced it's the phone, and unfortunately it's not, Miriam, and I'll bet on it. I think that your phone is not sinking to your WiFi, is trying to use poor cell coverage. But then she said the same thing happens when she's out and about Miriam. Do you have coorse?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Lemetri, go ahead? What should I say?
Speaker 11: All I want?
Speaker 1: Dmitri, mister, mister.
Speaker 11: Martino would call Tmobile in parkmental allow me to buy iPhone Pro sixteen.
Speaker 1: You don't need me for that.
Speaker 5: You don't need me for that.
Speaker 8: I already paid it to Miriam.
Speaker 1: You don't need me for that. I don't have to call them and tell them to sell you a more expensive phone. You go in there and say I'd like to trade this phone for the iPhone Pro and then the sixteen pro. They'll do it. You pay the difference, Yeah, they will. They'll they'll let you do it. If you pay them, they'll let you do it, you know, Dimitri, T.
Speaker 11: Mobile, Sir, they didn't I asked them.
Speaker 1: Believe me, you asked them if you could upgrade your phone and they refuse to take your money. Yes, Dimitri, yes, I think could you do me a favor, Just do me a favor. Sure, put Miriam on hold again. Please put her on hold again. Listen, Dimitri, could you call that store and ask them if they would upgrade her if she's willing to pay, she's saying they won't. That's first of all. And then, Miriam, once you upgrade, it will not work. Okay, it still will not work. But let's do this for you to prove it. Okay, let's just leave it there. If she thinks an upgraded phone is gonna work, work, it's not going to work. But she wants to do it, just call that store. I am anxious, or I am curious to find out why a store would say, oh, you have some extra money, you want to trade in that phone? You want to pay for a more expensive phone. No, we're not going to let you do it. I doubt that ever happened. I think you misunderstood the Miriam. If you want to pay more and pay the difference, I am sure you can get a better phone, all right, I'm sure you can. Three three seven one three eight two five five. Speaking of phones, Art has a problem with Verizon, I believe, and you've been working with Sus. What's going on, Art? What is your problem?
Speaker 14: Well, thankfully for everything you've done, we got it resolved. So I don't know if you remember, but I had a problem where I bought a phone and was supposed to unlock and didn't unlocked, and they wanted more money. But we got to figure it out. And so it's unlocked now and very happy. So thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Oh so soon. Sue's helped you get that done. Yes, yes, yes, and so right now you were calling to tell us it's resolved.
Speaker 14: It's resolved. Yes, thank you so much, jip hey.
Speaker 1: Art, thank you for hanging out to tell us that. And of course Sus gets the dinger today, the first use of the dinger on a Monday three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I love it and thank you really truly, Sus, Thank you very much. Let's now, what is Jurassic Air? Mary? What is Jurassic Air?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 9: Tom?
Speaker 16: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 16: Perfect. Jurassic Air is a ahbad company in North Denver, and I'm calling on behalf of my grandmother because she paid them five six sixteen dollars for a furnace gas valve replacement.
Speaker 3: And we one, wait.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, she paid fifty six hundred dollars just for the gas valve.
Speaker 16: Correct, not for the furnace itself.
Speaker 2: That's all rightensive And.
Speaker 1: Now, Bob Logan, what do you think of that? Seriously? Listen, Bob, you know what. We don't like talking prices because sometimes, I mean, there's a big variation of prices. But doesn't that sound a little steep for a gas valve?
Speaker 5: It sounds very steep. Yes, yes, very steep.
Speaker 11: I can speak to now.
Speaker 16: We evaluated the work for both parts and labor. There are three parts of place.
Speaker 11: The labor was two.
Speaker 16: Hours, and summing that total, we think I and my husband think it's five hundred and thirteen dollars in total for that work, which is very generous.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, Mary, I'm not going to go by that either. I'm not going to go by someone, you know, adding up parts and what they think they should pay. Labor wise. I many times there's a flat rate because people do it efficiently and quickly, and they get paid more than if you multiplied the time and they add the parts. I'm not looking at it that way, but I am looking at it as fifty six hundred dollars. What did they First of all, did they fix the problem?
Speaker 9: They did?
Speaker 1: Okay, So now are you calling simply because you found out what she paid and you thought it was outrageous?
Speaker 17: No, So they.
Speaker 16: My grandmother determined that it was overpriced, and so she called the owner, Ronnie Cordova, and Ronnie told her on the phone that he would be willing to give her back three thousand of that payment. And so she's been trying to get that money back from him, and he now doesn't return her phone calls. We can't contact them at their office listed on Google. They're just simply unresponsive. After they asserted that they would give three thousand of the fifty six hundred back.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, technically, technically she probably is not do a refund. Technically, I think that we got to figure out, we got to figure out something about We just got to figure out what they should do. They don't really have to do anything. Bob Logan, do you think do you think that they can fight this on any grounds if she approved the work before they did it.
Speaker 5: Well, you said it right there. If she approved all the works prior to and if you're working with a legitimate company, this give you options for repairs, replacement, whatever work you're doing. And then you should come to an agreement of the pricing upfront before any work is done. And so if they did that, and if she agreed to it, then unfortunately.
Speaker 16: I can speak to that a little bit, if you can, if you lift them up, all.
Speaker 1: Right, hold on, hold on, Mary, Mary, hold on. We'll come right back to your deputy.
Speaker 3: Bo.
Speaker 1: I want you to call this company, but first let's hear what else she has to say right after this, Okay, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll I think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Hi, Tom Martine here at three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. All right, now we have some follow ups. Deputy Dmitri, did you uh, did you call over to the store to see if they would upgrade that woman to an iPhone Pro, which she believes will solve her problem. We're convinced it will not solve her problem. What did they say?
Speaker 18: Well, I spoke with a.
Speaker 9: Very very helpful young lady named Sydney.
Speaker 12: At Timoviolet Park Meadows and she kind of gave me a hint of what I think is what she thinks is going.
Speaker 9: On this iPhone sixteen that Miriam.
Speaker 12: Has just came out in September. So Sydney said, it's probably still being financed on that twenty four month promotional deal that they have, so they'll.
Speaker 9: Be happy to sell her and I sixteen Pro, but she has to pay off the I sixteen and the balance is probably around sixteen probably around eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 12: That's kind of Sydney's guests.
Speaker 1: So but will that okay? But then will they give her trade in value for that phone?
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, absolutely, it's a very recent phone that's still in high demand. So Mariam needs to show up, and I'll I try to.
Speaker 9: Call Miriam, but it goes to voicemail or voicemail box is.
Speaker 12: Not set up, of course, So I'll keep trying to get her hold of her throughout the day. But if Mariam, here's where it's gonna get resolved. Mariam needs to go over there speak with Sydney who's familiar with this issue. Now, Sidney will collect Mariam's payment to pay off the iPhone sixteen and then Mariam can buy the iPhone sixteen Pro and she'll get some trade in credit for her current phone. But I think it's gonna okay Miriam's money because she just won't She's so convinced that the problem is with the phone itself that she just doesn't want to consider all these other solutions that we've been suggesting since PRIs. But that's right, is going to be very very helpful in this matter.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's relate that to her off the air so she can get that. Dmitri, thank you very much, appreciate it. Deputy Doc. Yeah, thank you, Deputy d Deputy Doc, you have a follow up? Does Deputy Doc have a follow up? He said, he did, Oh, yeah, yes, no, maybe I'm back on here, sir.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, just as Marie and if she has any grandkids, because they'll be able to sink the phone.
Speaker 2: But I spoke to Whyatt Darling called up.
Speaker 6: Dayling called up because he purchased a Subaru from Ordination.
Speaker 1: How long ago was this call? Last week on the fifteenth, okay, and what happened?
Speaker 6: Well, he had purchased a Subaru in December of twenty twenty four and he has not gotten the title yet. So we spoke to Wyatt and I asked if he wants to turn the car or what he would like to do. So apparently I left a message for them, for the service manager, and either they hurt us on the air or they got my message, and magically, on Friday, the title appeared, just like that, out of thin air. So he got the title and he's happy.
Speaker 1: Now, very good, very very good. Now my question is this, what was the hold up? I wonder I don't know. You know, the law says that they have to deliver title within a reasonable amount of time. Correct, But the law says they must have title, not meaning habit in possession, but they must have a clear interest in the car before they can sell it correct. Now they're allowed to collect. They're allowed to collect the payoff and use that payoff to get a clear title. But reasonable amount of time. We've always talked about this and asked the question. I know Mark says, what's a reasonable amount of time? And we would always question that, what is reasonable to get a title? I don't really know what it is, but they have to deliver title, and if they can't deliver title, they must undo the deal. That is, of course of your dealership. If you're an individual, of course, you should never ever buy a car from an individual without a clear title. But this is good news. He's got his title. So that is, as I said, the problem solved. This's the double dinger today. So so far I've used the dinger four times, two times for sues, two times for Deputy doc Hey Tom three zero three, Yes, sir, I would like to hear people's opinion on the sing with Joe Biden.
Speaker 6: I am confused at how we could have a metastatic prostake diagnosis.
Speaker 2: I mean, does.
Speaker 6: It doesn't his doctors do a p s A check. I mean, it's it seems to me inconceivable.
Speaker 1: Now now this is this is being questioned, and here's what they're at. Here's what they're asking. Did he really know or did his doctors know beforehand? And was the plan for him to be elected and then for his vice president to take over? Was that the plan? And then he just couldn't do it? So then she ran to begin with No one knows that, but I want to know this, is that against Is that unethical? Oh? I don't know the answer.
Speaker 6: If he had if he had a diagnosis of prostate cancer and they're gonna wait, what six seven months? That's that's such gross misconduct and meant negligence, they should lose their license and be you know, do.
Speaker 1: You remember they said he had a physical and he was in good shape. Well, is it possible Is it possible that they that the cancer just came up after that?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 2: If it's metastatic, Tom, I'd be really surprised.
Speaker 1: Metastatic meaning it has spread spread from his bones. Yeah, but metastatic in general means the cancer spreads right exactly. So the question is do people think, what do you think? What do you think?
Speaker 3: Doc?
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 6: I'm confused because I can't imagine on an eighty two year old man that they didn't do, you know PSA's.
Speaker 2: When he had his physical.
Speaker 1: So do you think they knew it and kept it quiet?
Speaker 2: Though? No, I mean he would have been treatment.
Speaker 6: He would have had some kind of treatment if he had, you know, aggressive posturid cancer.
Speaker 1: I think I can only think that they probably didn't know about it. I don't know, Mark, you think they knew about it? Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Sam has a comment on Biden. When they knew about it, they knew about it. It seems kind of difficult for me to believe that the metastatic cancer happened right after he got out of office and they just found out about it. But but I don't know, and politically, what would be the reason for covering it up? Do you believe the ultimate goal was to get Kamala Harris in there after he was diagnosed, he would quit or resign or he would die and she would take over. And then that plan was foiled by his lack of performance and he had to duck out earlier. Samuel, what do you think?
Speaker 19: So the bottom line is all of us are protected by the hippalo, all right, So the Office of the President will decide what type of information they want to put out for us to.
Speaker 1: Second, do you believe they knew Do you believe they knew about it before this?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm sureteing you about it.
Speaker 19: But what you also have to understand is that one of your deputy said that there's next just there. It's not because if you look at the US preventative.
Speaker 1: Services, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 20: You needed, That's who you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come run anxious as fast as we can.
Speaker 20: Shooter's gonna help Come.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 1: Hello, I'm Tom Martino along with Major, Mark Major and the gang here solving problems, answering questions, taking complace, making your life literally. Here in the studio, we have Bob Logan from plumb Line Services and that's plumbing, heating, cooling, electric and drains. And then we also have Deputy Doc Deputy Bo. We have a bunch of deputies in the studio helping us out here and or in the studio and elsewhere. And then we've been talking and I'm getting a lot of response.
Speaker 5: Here on my uh.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize we would, but a lot of response text wise. People are texting me and I'll tell you where they text me to come to my personal cell phone on any topic, you can do seven four seven fifty two eighty. The way you remember that is I love airplanes. Seven four seven is the big Mama. Nine nine nine is the closest you get to perfection because you can't do ten ten, ten, and then fifty two eighty for the mile high in four seven nine nine eighty. Also, you can text us at the I Heart short code five seven seven three nine. Just put Tom in there five seven seven thirty nine. Somebody said, I'm surprised Mark hasn't jumped on this because it's pretty clear Deputy Doc is correct. There is no way that they found out just recently that he had metasatic cancer. Presidents are examined all the time, especially when his when his health was being brought into By the way, I'm adding this this is not in the text, but he said all the time, and I say, especially when they're a president running for reelection. Somewhere along the line they found out probably he had cancer. But why did they keep it quiet or did they know? Do you think, Doc, do you think it's possible with a sitting president where they're always questioning his health. Do you think that they knew about it.
Speaker 6: I can't imagine if they didn't Tom, but I don't think that they well, I can't imagine if they didn't know about it.
Speaker 1: Let's just leave it at that, Okay, I, by the way, wish him the best. Listen. I'm I'm I'm going through cancer battle right now, right and thank.
Speaker 2: You God won the battle. You've won the war.
Speaker 1: Well, my prognosis, and it was none of my doing. I had a very rare diagnosis, very very rare diagnosis for pancretic cancer. My heart goes out to all these who are diagnosed with pancretic cancer. You know, some of the first people I told were Mark and SEUs in our kitchen, and I remember them and I know exactly what he thought when I told him right what they thought. I mean, it's like, you know, the end is near, know it. And I had a very rare diagnosis where it was totally isolated and operable. That usually doesn't happen. I mean, in fact, it only happens three percent of this.
Speaker 2: That was my first impression.
Speaker 6: I remember when you had us all in the conference room and told us yes, my heart went out and I didn't know what to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when I hear this about Joe Biden. It doesn't matter what we think politically, nobody wants to see anyone suffer like that or and and you know, prostate cancer I didn't realize was the number one killer for men as far as that's what I'm told. And then heart disease or something like that. But in any case, again, before the breakup, was asking Major, Mark Major, do you think they knew about it?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 5: I just don't know, man, I just don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I mean, a PSA test seems pretty simple. I get one each year, and you know, I don't know how they didn't, but it seems like an awful strange thing.
Speaker 5: To hide as well.
Speaker 4: And if they did find it before it was stage four got into the bones, he probably would have a much better prognosis. So, I mean, I can't imagine why they just didn't test and find it to begin with.
Speaker 5: That's the part that makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Doc Mark mentions a PSA test. How telling is a PSA test?
Speaker 6: It is a wonderful indicator of prostate instability or disease. Now, there's something called benign hypopleasia which can raise it a little bit, but usually if it's going up. A biopsy will immediately answer the question of what stage and grade it is.
Speaker 2: Now, there's two things.
Speaker 6: A grade is how aggressive the cancer is, and a staging is whether or not it's gown into a Jason Organs or fantastasized. So you have two things that you have to worry about. But usually a biopsy will tell you what the what the prognosis is.
Speaker 1: Now somebody says, here, you guys need to give it a rest. Stop bashing Biden. I'm not bashing Biden. I'm just wondering. And this text goes on to say, the man is almost dead. He lost the election. You want to get over it. This is ridiculous. You're talking about Biden? Is what what he could have done? It's over Hey, doc, who cares if he had prostate cancer before? Who cares? If he wanted to cheat and die and let Kamala Harris be his replacement, that's his choice. Who cares if the election was stolen? Get over it anyway. That way, I'm not bashing Biden. We're talking I'm actually not bashing Biden at all. I'm just wondering what what did they know and when did they know it? Because it does seem weird if truly, if a candidate has a fatal disease or what's thought to be fatal and they're running for reelection, is it a bit disingenuous? But then he again, he didn't run after all. This one says here, Hi, Tom, I'm ninety one days in ta chemo for thyroid and lung cancer. My cancer can't be cured, only contained. I am so glad to hear your treatment was successful. Listen, man, if you need any support through your stuff, let me know. I'll call you.
Speaker 2: Let me just say to that caller, the previous one.
Speaker 6: Neither you, nor I, nor anybody that's been on the air has said anything derogatory about Biden or about his politics. We're talking about him as a man and why his disease was allowed to spread. I don't see how that's bashing him.
Speaker 1: Okay, this Bob logan plumbline services. If running your AC is more expensive than running your furnace, how can a heat pump be efficient. Isn't it just your AC running backwards, Bob?
Speaker 5: It is. It is your air conditioner running backwards. Basically, so where an air conditioner will remove the heat from the house, it's not actually blowing cold air in the house. It's removing heat from the house. When it works in reverse, it's pulling heat out of the air outside and putting it into your house. So even during cold days to negative five degrees, there's heat somewhere outside. Now to answer the question, there's you know, because I struggle with this, especially in Colorado, with our gas prices being as cheap as they are in electricity not being as cheap. Do you truly see as savings? But study after study after study has been done with Excel and the distributors and the manufacturers, and they assure us that that you will see a savings and eventually everything is going to go to election.
Speaker 1: Are you saying you're not saying, Bob, do I hear you saying that a heat pump can be as efficient or more efficient than a furnace.
Speaker 5: It's definitely more efficient. Now, whether whether there's a cost savings is another story.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. I see like, for example, electric heat is one efficient, meaning the power in equals the power out where, but it doesn't mean it's cheaper.
Speaker 5: Correct, And I think that's what the what the color was asking about, or the person who who emails was asking is is it less expensive now because of the efficiencies we and and actually I just I just installed my systems last week in my house, and my mine's a dual fuel. So basically, uh, you you enter in your Excel bills gas and electrical electric prices and then the system determines uh most efficient.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, wait a minute. You actually have an app or a program that talks to your system and it analyzes the best way to go for price. Yep, are you kidding me? That's incredible. I'll bet you pretty soon they'll have them so you don't even have to enter anything just the.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Now, that's that's the other thing with with the rebates. Right now you can get up to nine thousand dollars through through Excel, and then there's federal rebases. Yeah, that's crazy between Excel and federal rebates. Heat pumps or on all of it heat pumps and uh, and there's with Excel now the federal rebate is limited. I think it's two thousand dollar in total. But with with Excel, if you have two systems, or three systems or four systems some of the bigger homes do, there's no limit as to the number of systems you can apply for.
Speaker 4: You said something that made my eyebrows go up. You said, the heat pump can suck warm air out down to negative five. So what does happen at negative ten? You simply have no heat. If you have a heat pump.
Speaker 5: Your furnace kicks on. Okay, got it? Your gas furnace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the maybe three four days a year that's possible can happen, you know, or if you're up in the mountains or something.
Speaker 1: Right, that's very good to know, really good. I love that idea of a dual fuel.
Speaker 4: You guys, remember the old carroteene heaters. I remember growing up my parents had a kerosene standalone unit that would sit in the I forget what room or TV room that thing looked like. I bet they caused a lot of fires over the years, you think, I think it's I remember in the middle of your room in a stink too.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, how are they exhausted? Did they have a flu vent going outside?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 5: No, man, it was just like a standalone deal.
Speaker 1: I don't think they Why wasn't that Why wasn't that poison? Why wasn't that poison to people?
Speaker 5: I think it was a little bit, but you could explain a little bit about Mark.
Speaker 1: Now people are saying here, I got a text that many reputable doctors are saying, there is no way this was just discovered, Absolutely no way, and they said there would have been earlier indications on his regular yearly physical and someone had to consciously elect to keep it a secret. Anyway, that I'm not tall, I'm not bashing this man, but I am wondering about it because it is you know, it is significant. So anyway, give us a call with problems, questions and complaints three ZHO three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I was asking in the beginning of the show, who do you trust and why? And what do you not trust? Usually people are saying that no matter how hard they try, they cannot trust car dealers. They just don't trust them. Even when car dealers have one price, they just don't trust them. And car dealers on a list of trust, they're way down at the bottom. With attorneys, people don't trust attorneys, which I find really odd because trust is a hallmark of the profession. You're going to have to trust attorneys when you hire them. I mean, you know, otherwise you don't hire them right now, by the way, I just found them. Somebody sent me an article that mini splits. These are basically heating and air units that go on an exterior wall, and they call it a split because the head is on the inside of the house, which blows your heat or hot or cool air into the house, and the compressor and the guts for the furnace in the air are on the outside of the house, so it's split. It's not one unit. I didn't know this, Bob, But many splits need to be maintained exactly, not exactly, but need to maintain just like furnaces and air you have to clean them and service them. I didn't know that. I didn't realize that they So what do you do? Do they have to be cleaned?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Yeah, every I mean really everything should be maintained in your home. Your plumbing system, your electrical system. There's yeah, those are things that are kind of out of side, out of mind people don't think about. But yes, many splits do have to you be maintained. And if you for those people who don't quite understand what a mini split is, if you've ever traveled to Europe, you see them a lot, but there it's basically it's typically a cartridge that's about three feet wide, maybe maybe eight or twelve inches tall, and it's it's usually a high up on the ceiling and then and then the outside. So the great thing about mini splits is you can you can put them in room by room. If you have a real hot or cold spot in your house that your furnace cannot keep up with, your air conditioner cannot keep up with, Yeah, it's a great option for that for that one room. People use them for additions. Yeah, there's there's a lot of great uses for mini splits.
Speaker 1: Thank you. We got to take a break. Three or three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. By the way, Compass Insurance will do insurance checkups to make sure you're not over insured, under insured, you're not paying too much, and they give you an honest assessment. The Insurancehealthcenter dot com three oh three nine nine six nine thousand Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: All right, welcome to this show.
Speaker 1: Tom Martino here along with Major Mark Major, and then our guests, say Bob Logan from online services plumbing, heat, including electric and drains. We have Deputy Bowdiputy dot Bill's got a comment. Go ahead, Bill, what's going on with you, sir?
Speaker 18: Real quick, Tom. If you go back to the beginning of Biden's administration, he was touting the fact that they would have a cure for cancer. And I'm wondering if at that point he already had prostate cancer, which we.
Speaker 1: Are no way of knowing, no way of knowing, but I have the majority of people texting you are saying there's no way, there is absolutely no way that they didn't know.
Speaker 18: Well, that's right, because if you're particularly the president of the United States, they're going to do a PSA test on him and at his age in addition to that. And you know, that's just as simple blood test as you know. And they would have known immediately if he was over four headed towards ten or what you know, any could have been anything above that, they would have had to do a biopsy of his prostate and confirming that he had prostate cancer. It's a no brainer.
Speaker 1: And I don't know the point of I don't know the point of delving into this except they are and I most let's let's face it, it's political. They're trying to show that they had this plan to get Kamala Harrison as president because they knew Biden couldn't do it. And then eventually he had to drop out altogether, not just because of the cancer, but because of his cognitive decline, you know. And then here's another thing. People are saying in the text messages that he truly wasn't running the country anyway, that really it was by committee. And here's another thing I want to know, and I'm asking this out of ignorance. Does anyone know how autopen actually works? I was told by my boyfriend. I looked it up and they say that autopen is literally an automatic signing mechanism that they do software controlled, but it sometimes is a mechanical device or a software device that gives the signature of the person who authorizes. Now, the controversy surrounding Biden is that they used his genuine autopen but did not get his consent on each in every document, and that they just snuck him through and he was so out of it he didn't even notice it. So, I mean, I didn't really know what autopen meant. I knew it was something like DocuSign or something electronic or something that was mechanical. But they're saying that his autopen many of those he absolutely has no idea that he did them, and that many of them can be reversed. Has anyone looked into the autopen part. That's another controversy onto itself.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well that's true. I just want to make a comment about this prostate thanks.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 18: He could function with prostate cancer as president.
Speaker 1: Thank you, so, Marker or doc or bo any comments on autopens? Have you looked into that? The more I looked into it, and I did it out of I did it because I didn't understand fully what is autopen, and it's exactly what it sounds like. It's where you affix your signature to something automatically, but what's not so he Legally, the president or anyone who uses autopen, they're obligated to know exactly where the signature is going, even and they just do it as a convenience, and so they might say, here's a parton so and so, here's a part for so and so, but they have to run it by and we I am being told by some of the research on AI that there is there's a real possibility that Biden had no idea what he was doing with auto pen and that there was a great potential for abuse. Again, I'm not trying to bash him. I'm just saying that maybe we should have an age limit on a presidency. I don't know, maybe we should we Yes, yeah.
Speaker 7: The auto pen, I looked it up. It's been used since the Eisenhower administration. But I think you know, you use it for certificates, honorable you know, discharges. But I think the president needs to have an idea what he's of course people you use the auto pen for. But I'm sure a president has to same thousands of documents today, so it is unnecessary evil, But I think in this case, you know, it's come out in the news that Biden's aide wouldn't give the cabinet members access to Biden because his health was failing so much. And that's just really a disservice to the American people when the AIDS don't allow the President of the United States to have contact with the cabinet members because of his declining mental health. So I believe he wasn't using not knowing who had access to his auto pen machine in my pin.
Speaker 1: So that and that's the allegation, of course. Okay, So we talked about somebody had a question about mini splits. They still don't fully understand it. Okay, I'm going to explain it this way. If you downstairs and look at your furnace, Okay, I say, downstairs, wherever your furnace is. It's a big unit with a blower. It takes in fresh air and it heats it or it brings in air to be cooled with the air conditioner, which is outside. But let's just take the furnace part. It brings in outside air. It burns gas to create heat, and then the air flows over that heat exchanger into the house to warm the inside air. Then return air comes back from the house and back mixes with the fresh air, and it does it again over and over and over, so it is heating the air. The air is moving over a heat exchanger, and a heat exchanger is like the heat's on the inside of the exchanger. The air flows over it or through it. But what a mini split does so it's all in one unit that is sent through the ductwork in your home the heated air. A mini split takes the burning part or the condensing part, there's really not a burner, and it puts it outside the house, and then it takes the business end that blows the air in on the wall inside your house. So it's split. It's one unit split into two sections. One section is on the inside wall of your house. The other section is outside on the ground. And what it is is really an air conditioning system. And then to get heat they reverse cycle it. So the condenser and the coil are outside and the blower part is on the wall, so it's controlled remotely and it's split. The benefit is this, if you have a room with an exterior wall, then you can put a mini split in it. You don't have to run any duct work at all installation is less expensive than a conventional furnace. Operation can be slightly higher for a mini split. But they're making newer mini splits now that are very efficient. Now, Bob, I'm being told here that mini splits are being opted for by many old instead of replacing furnaces. Is that right?
Speaker 5: You broke up slightly there, Tom, You said they're being opted for.
Speaker 1: A long Okay, I'm being told that many older homes when it comes to replacing a furnace, are choosing instead to go with one or two mini splits.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's several reasons for that, but especially in Colorado with the older homes, they were not designed for air conditioning systems, so the duct work does not support the airflow that a conventional air conditioning system needs. Therefore you have to completely remodel your home to get air conditioning, or the other option is going with a mini split.
Speaker 1: That makes sense because the mini split, because how much is a mini split for a furnace to run?
Speaker 5: You don't need You don't get the static pressure or the amount of airflow needed to run an air conditioning system. So in order to run an air conditioning system, you'd have to expand the duct work.
Speaker 1: I get it, because air conditioning requires much more airflow than heat, right rucked, Yes, Bob, because you're pushing out hot air. Yes, Bob made an excellent point.
Speaker 7: The greatest advantage of many splits is that there's no sheet metal duct work. The duct work on the job is there's probably eighty percent of it. And Bob's right. These homes in Colorado are just not designed to have the required square area for air conditioning. So with a mini split, since you don't need duct work, you can get a lot of airflow, and the price is so much cheaper because installing doc work is so expensive. In the advantage, the main advantage with the minis blood is no doc work is required for them to work.
Speaker 1: Now, let's talk about this, Bob. On a twenty five hundred square foot house, you have one furnace, how many mini splits would you need? Oh?
Speaker 5: Boy? That all depends on on the configuration of the house. You know, an open floor plan is opposed to a closed floor plan. I mean, there's there's there's I would I say it's a complex I guess.
Speaker 1: So let's say let's say you need two mini splits. How does that compare in price on a twenty five hundred square foot house medium or high efficiency just apples with apples. How would the price of two mini splits compare with one furnace?
Speaker 5: Well, you're not going to save You're not going to save money installing a mini split over over a furnace in air conditioning system. Again, it's more it's more dependent on the needs and desires of the homeowner and with the home will accommodate. So you're not going to say you're not going to save money on buying and installing a mini split over a traditional system.
Speaker 1: But you, okay, you certainly would though if you had a room. I mean, okay, I see what you're saying. You're saying apples to apples dollar for dollar. It's not the big savings. But sometimes you have to do it because you can't put in the duct work, and sometimes you have to do it because of the way the house is configured. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a Sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up, Free obligation comparison call Compass insurance, paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five to five.
Speaker 1: Tommy you there, Yes, sir, Yeah, I'm here, Thank you, Mark Mark Mark. Renew Home Innovations has the beautiful walking showers. I mean they're stunning with sheet porcelain, no maintenance whatsoever. And if you want to do it in your bathroom, you can do the whole bath renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four two thousand. What I love is that you can have it done in two or three days and have months to pay, sometimes years, depending on the plan. Renew Home Innovations dot Com. So Bob Logan is with us Tombline Services. We're talking about plumbing, heating, cooling, electric drains. We're also talking about, of course, your life, whatever's on your mind. I ask people who they trust. People say that not people. A couple have said, they're accountants. They totally trust their accountants because they hire them to do a job. They do a job and they trust them. They trust their bookkeepers. These are all high levels of trust. As I've said before, car dealers are very low on the trust poll. Home services, it's really mixed, a mixed bag. Some people say, yes, of course I trust people that come into my home to fix things. Others say, I don't like when they try to sell me something. And here's a very delicate question, Bob Logan with plumbline here, I have a question. Yes, at Bob, you can almost repair anything, and then of course you can replace it. I think the fine line is when to push someone, and I don't maybe the word pushes even wrong. But the fine line is when to recommend replacement over repair. How do you guys reconcile that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: We are all about first diagnosing the situation, figuring out what's wrong with you know, whether it's furnished water heater, electrical panel, whatever the case might be, and then giving you options both short term and long term, short term meaning of repair, and then there might be some additional things that go along with that, and then of course replacement. So that way, a homeowner has all the information they need to make an intelligent decision. Do they want to put okay, you know, fifteen dollars into a twenty year old furnace, or do they want to take that money and use it to put towards a newer, higher efficiency furnace. It's their home.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Here's what I think in general, Bob, Bob, help me out here. But I think, in general, in general, if you have a furnace right now, based on the current technology and everything, I think if you have a furnace twenty years old, you shouldn't do any repairs. That's my personal opinion. What do you think.
Speaker 5: I agree wholeheartedly even you know, ten to fifteen years, and a lot of that depends on how it's maintained. You know, if a furnest has been maintained every year, you know you should get a good twenty years out of it. But if it hasn't been maintained within ten or twelve years, you're going to start seeing these high repairs and it might make sense at that point to replace it. And so again, every situation is a little bit different, and I do want to touch on one thing as far as you know up selling, So you know a lot of a lot of homeowners. We want we want to make sure that that we want we want to benefit them when we before we leave the house. And so since we're talking about furnace and air conditioning systems, that's that's a good subject. In Colorado, we live in a very dry climate. A lot of people don't realize that you can add humidification to your home during the winter months, especially people have dry skin, they wake up with bloody noses, maybe allergies, and so we can we can offer products that most homeowners aren't even where exist. And so in addition right roundness, we might offer different options for humanification.
Speaker 1: I got to I gotta take this break, Bob hold on, I got to take this break. We have more commented at up go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose frame durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Archino, you know KH Home Solutions does window siding, doors and more. And I also have painting now KH Paint air Pros and that is at khwindows dot com. Hey, so Raise has a comment or a question about Audi. I believe Raise, go ahead, Yes, Tom.
Speaker 2: I was just wondering. I need your advice.
Speaker 17: I have to take my Audi to an auto repair shop, and I was wondering which one would you recommend me.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know of any particular Audi shops, but I knew I do know good shops in general. Tell me what kind of repairs are you talking about.
Speaker 17: I think it has to do something with the gas com because it's uh.
Speaker 18: I think there's a lot because I can smell.
Speaker 1: Jazz sharedan auto tech go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Rit News.
Speaker 9: You don't have.
Speaker 20: As can shoot is gonna help Come.
Speaker 5: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show three oh three seven one three Talk seven one three eight two five five, where he help you solve your problems any way we can do it or answer your questions. So welcome to the only show of its kind anywhere. We've been talking about, among other things in your calls, which you can get right in right now at three o three seven to one three Talk. We've been talking about trust and who you trust, who you don't trust. Many people say that they trust their healthcare providers. A lot of that has to do with the state. There are many many This is what's amazing. There are many many malpractice suits filed every single year depending on the number of cases, so, in other words, the rate of claims per physicians. So somebody calculated the number of malpractice claims per one thousand physicians, and they compared it to other specialty groups. And malpractice is a major problem in the medical business. However, what's really weird is that very few of them actually win. Deputy Doc, you were in a doctor for forty five years. You delivered babies. By the way, obgyn area is very high in malpractice claims, not necessarily wins or victories, but claims. When it comes to trust, what's really odd is people say they trust their obgyn more so than any other doctor. There are doctors they don't trust, rust, there are doctors they do trust. A couple of the doctors that are trusted, really trusted are orthopedic doctors and obg y N. But why are there so many malpractice claims in that field?
Speaker 6: Doc, I don't I'm surprised that that many claims. It's just that the claims, if they if they are agreed upon and perfected, the cost is so high.
Speaker 2: If you have a child that you.
Speaker 6: Were accused of negligence and the court agrees with you, think about it. The you and of the insurance company have to pay for that child's care for you know, for as long as it lives.
Speaker 1: If it's that severe, right right severe. Now the highest number of malpractice claims not just an obg by on, I mean for medicine. Where do you think? What do you think the number one state is for malpractice?
Speaker 2: Pennsylvania?
Speaker 1: Real, why would you say that? I'm just curious.
Speaker 6: You have Pittsburgh and Philadelphia is notorious for making claims. The malpractice. The insurance is incredibly high in Pennsylvania. So I just assume we have two big cities that might be uh that, I don't know what is it?
Speaker 1: Well, it is, By the way, Pennsylvania is number two for malpractice claims. For every thousand physicians, there are five hundred three claims. Five hundred three claims. Oh, that's just like a for every thousand. That's amazing, yeah, fifty yeah. Now in New York, for every thousand physicians there's six hundred and sixty claims. So New York and Pennsylvania are the highest in the entire country. And then coming in second or in third, you have New Mexico. I don't know why New Mexico and Florida are so high. I have no idea why.
Speaker 6: Because you have a high degree of elderly patients who may have you know, if things go wrong with an elderly patient, they're more likely to cause a suit rather than in a young person.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Colorado is pretty mild. For every thousand physicians, you have one hundred and thirty eight claims. That's not a lot. Now, these are claims, not victories. California is not that bad. California is two hundred and seventy seven claims per thousand physicians. Now, somebody said here, now, this is what's amazing. And I ask people. I texted back and I asked them if they were black or white only because they said they don't trust police. And the ones who did not trust police were black, and the ones who did trust police are white. Now, obviously I can't say one way or another when it comes to blacks. I don't know. But do you truly feel I know I have black listeners, of course, do you truly feel you can't trust police to the in this day and age right now? Are police truly do you still feel a bit threatened as a black man when it comes to police. I'd like to know that. I want to hear from you. Do you feel that there is some kind of built in, prejudiced prejudice against I should say, yeah, prejudice, prejudice, prejudice against black men. Another one. A number of employers say they cannot trust gen Z again this gen Z, My god, does gen Z get a beating? They can't trust job applications that they have found people lying on job apps and many of the gen Z people admit lying. Where do you think they lie the most when it comes to their job app Where would you say? What would you say they lie about? They lie about.
Speaker 2: Their duties on what the job requires.
Speaker 1: They lie about their experience. Many of them make up experience.
Speaker 4: Jesus how much they make up They were born between like ninety seven and twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: I know, but by the way, could you make up? I don't know, But man Mark, I swear to you. The employers say, overall, I mean, gen Z is getting a black eye in so many ways. And as Mark pointed out, the ages of a gen Zer is going to be eleven to twenty six, So we're talking basically eighteen to twenty six year olds. I mean, let's face it, for the job industry. But they're saying that this is the worst generation that they've come across when it comes to lying, laziness, entitlement. Now millennials are twenty seven to forty two years old. Millennials have now taken a back seat, and gen zs are the target of a lot of ire of employers, and they're saying they hate hiring anyone from eighteen to twenty six years old. They hate it because they say that they are lazy and entitled. Now I'm going to say someone who's not lazy ENTI I mean I know winners as because I know Mark's kids, and I mean his are exceptional. So Mark, your kids not only stand out for good generation, they stand out from gen Z's like one thousand percent. His daughter's one of the youngest attorneys ever practice. I mean she just got her license. I mean, just excuse me, god, her graduation over the weekend and going to go for the bar association. And then his son is managing Walmart, for God's sakes. I think Mark part of the reason. I'm not saying they don't stand out. They stand out by themselves, but compared to their peers, they stand out way more. Gen Z has a black eye basically, Now, Bob Logan, Yeah, but you're in the business of hire and now gen Z again, they're so young.
Speaker 5: I mean, think about that gen z at twelve.
Speaker 4: If you were born in twenty twelve, I mean, you might be fourteen right now.
Speaker 5: So it's yeah, well we're talking to go right. Well, I mean, Mark, I'm really talking about twenty they're twenty five years old or younger.
Speaker 18: Right.
Speaker 4: A lot of people don't get their pooh together until they're, you.
Speaker 5: Know, mid twenties, early thirteen.
Speaker 1: I hate to say, I hate to say, well in my day, but Mark, what were we doing at twenty two?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: We were reporting ourselves off. But you and I are a little different.
Speaker 2: Well, Tom, right, I mean I are the greatest generation.
Speaker 1: Remember that that that was what they were called, and we would be baby boomer.
Speaker 2: Well you boomer. I missed it by one year.
Speaker 1: You are too, Doc. Baby boomers go to seventy seven years.
Speaker 2: Old, right, so I'm always seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know that. Okay, I'm sorry, I didn't know that yet. But Doc, honest to god, I thought you were still I don't know, I thought you were in your late seventies somewhere in there. But in any case, you're doing really well as far as now cognitively, I'd put you up against Joe Biden. Thank you, and uh prostate wise, I put you up against them. I should make fun of it. I really shouldn't make fun of that. I'm so sorry, and I mean that. I'm sorry for that. By Tom in any case, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know you love these surveys. You half one?
Speaker 6: Here, what do you I will give one hundred dollars to our fund if you could tell me what country has the highest divorce rate.
Speaker 1: Wow, now you're not gonna let me look it up, so let me think right now. I say the US. I say the US.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of the pack.
Speaker 6: India has the lowest divorce rate and Portugal has the highest divorce rate.
Speaker 1: I wonder why do they give a reason in the article?
Speaker 2: Just a list, and I know your like to go through that.
Speaker 1: No, No, what I like is how they I like the commentary on society because I think it gives insights. Because, believe it or not, this is what I don't under stand eighteen to twenty six year olds. Again, it's eleven to twenty six gen Z. But gen Z also has some of the lowest complaint rates for consumer problems. Now, if they're so entitled, why would they not be more of a complainer. Now Dennis has a comment on police. Go ahead, Dennis, Yes.
Speaker 13: Uh, I'm not black or I'm not white. You know, it's not just black and white out there. But I'm a Mexican American and I okay, you know the black is only like why I need to say in Colorado? Yeah about black and white, there's other people out here.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, I was talking. I was talking about that on trust for police. What about you? What about do you trust police?
Speaker 11: Hell no, And.
Speaker 13: I'm seventy eight years old. Never happened, never will. But that's why I just say, uh, you know, we're always hearing about black and white, black and white, but there's a work were mere considered a minority?
Speaker 9: But what not?
Speaker 13: That's not see moron, And I'm talking to Mexican America.
Speaker 18: I'm not talking about the immigrants.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks, all right, well, thank you, yeah, you're right. I mean I didn't ask you know what when those people texted me.
Speaker 4: The black population in Colorado, at least according to this is just barely over four percent. And I think the Hispanic population, I know, he said, you know, Mexican, but Hispanic his n the number.
Speaker 5: I'm pulling up is higher than that, so that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again I didn't ask about trusting police among Mexican Americans. I asked the people who said they didn't trust out of curiosity.
Speaker 5: I think a lot as age too.
Speaker 4: I think if you asked how old was that person, like eighty or something seventy eight, I mean, think of the different things he's seen in his life life that someone that's fourteen hasn't seen.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's just the way that is.
Speaker 6: I would have loved to ask Dennis the question, when you have all these demonstrations against our immigration policy and deportation policies, why do they all waive Mexican flags if they want to stay in America. I would think if you're if you're protesting being sent back to Mexico, because without our laws, you would have America.
Speaker 2: You have, you know, our flag and our Mexican flags.
Speaker 4: You know, this is saying twenty two percent of the state's population identifies as Hispanic or Latino. That's almost a quarter of state. And then that's big, that is a big, dead thirty state. He really did have a good point on that. Everybody always is talking black and white, but wow, that's Uh, that's that's almost a quarter of the state right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got to take this break. And then one of the biggest areas of trust. The distrust came from, you know what politics. I mean that is a clear decisive people say they do not trust people of the other party, period, no matter what business they're in, and they use a business. Some people have actually stopped using a business because they heard about their political affiliation. I don't know of that if I would ever do that. We got more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, You're a troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Water pros dot at the best water system is the lowest prices at the kitchen sink for drinking water three oh three eight six two five, five five four. Now let's talk to Andrew as a comment on police and trusting police. Go ahead, Andrew.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I was just gonna say kind of in my lifetime, I'm fifty fifty seven and U yes, you know, like in the seventies and eighties and even into the nineties, I've seen some situations where some police were we're just looking to to thump somebody's skull.
Speaker 5: You know, and not all of them Rodney, Kay, there's a.
Speaker 17: Lot of good ones, yeah, exactly. And uh. And I think that, you know, when this the defund the police and everything came, it kind of shifted the pendulum from the police aside more to the public side. But I think it went a little bit too far on the other side.
Speaker 21: Likes yeah, yeah, I mean there's a lot of good police out there, but I've seen a lot of bad that were, you know, they were just using.
Speaker 17: Situations to either get out there or just just playing to thumb somebody, you know. And uh, and you know, nowadays, I just think that, you know, the police are kind of back on their heels, which is I don't think that's the best position for them to be in. But you know, they're being scrutinized for everything that they do now.
Speaker 2: And it's uh.
Speaker 17: Like I said, I just think the pendulum shifted quite a bit, but too far, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I get it, I get it. I think that the defund police was the stupidest thing I ever heard in my life. However, I do know the frustration that caused it, but I think the idea of defunding police is so stupid. Of course, we don't even hear that anymore. It's not obviously all police. I mean, you know, you had a couple of idiots on the force in Minneapolis, but to go through the country like that was crazy, just crazy. We need to support law enforcement, but there are some idiots. There are some idiot police officers. And I don't know what it is, but I've noticed it. There is this certain amount of officers. They don't They escalate everything too quickly, too much. I'll never forget. I swear to God that I saw a family in a van. It happened to be a Mexican family in a van that were coming to Denver to have medical procedures done from Pueblo. They were broken down on Santa Fe. I pulled up and saw them pulled over. I saw this woman out looking at the car, and I said, what's going on. She says, my van broke down. We're going to Children's hospital and I need help. And I said, I'll tell you what. I will have you tuck your van toad over to Pro Auto Care and I'll take care of whatever it is, or I'll try to find out what's wrong with it, and I'll get you guys a ride over to Children's so you can check in. And a police officer from Inglewood. And by the way, all of the negative experience I have ever had with police have been in Englewood. The guy from Inglewood, the police officer shows up and says what's going on? And she starts talking to him and I was there and he says, you leave, and I said, excuse me, I was here helping her. I want to have her van toad. He said, no, we'll take care of it. So what they are doing is he'd call a tow company. She'd have to pay full tilt. I was going to have it done, I said, officer I was going to have her toad free of ar and help her out. He said, if you do not leave, you're under arrest for interfering with police. And I said what, And he starts walking toward me with his hand on his gun. And this is the kind of stuff that makes people hate these But those are the kinds of things I think. I don't know police like either they're in a bad mood or they just want to take control of everything. I've seen so many people get into trouble for innocent things like that. But I don't think it's every police officer. I just think, like in every single occupation, you have idiots and you have good people. I mean, I think it goes for police too. I think you have police officers who are wonderful people, and you probably have police officers who are just jerks. But you know, I always go ahead.
Speaker 5: You said something that I think is true. In all all trades of life, you know, there's and it's usually the small percentage of bad apples that give a black eye to the entire industry, whether it's police officers, whether it's bad attorneys, whether it's bad tradesmen and plumbing, heating, cooling, or electrical, whether it's bad mechanics. I think the majority of people are good people. The majority of police officers, trades people, mechanics, they're good people, hard working people. They just want to do their job and serve their community. But then you get a few people with egos or cris or or whatever these might be, and unfortunately they that small percentage ends up representing the entire industry.
Speaker 1: I know, I know we tend it. That's right and so Bob. But while I have you here with your mic on, somebody wants to know if a mini split can handle sub zero weather.
Speaker 5: Yes, it can, depending on the manufacturer. I I don't want to give bad figures out, but yes, they can handle sub zero weather.
Speaker 1: Someone else said they saw an ad for mini splits that can be self installed because they're so simple. Is that that sounds complicated to me? I mean, doing a hole in your exterior wall and trying to put a mini split in?
Speaker 3: My God?
Speaker 1: But have you heard of self installation or do it yourselfers doing it?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 5: I mean, you can buy a furnace online if you want to. But well, of course, I mean, yeah, I'm I'm with you. That's you know, ninety percent of the calls we get from people who have repairs, Usually it's something they try to do themselves and then the repair ends up costing more because they exasperated the situation. But these are things that I would not as a unless you are a trained professional deal with.
Speaker 1: Hey, while we're on the topic of HVAC, Deputy Bow, did you ever call that company about the fifty six hundred guests fifty six hundred dollars gas valve?
Speaker 5: He stepped down, Thomas.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This one woman called in earlier in the show and paid like, oh, was it fifty eight hundred or something, some ridiculous amount for a gas fifty six hundred from Jurassic Air. I wonder if he made that call. I'm gonna ask him about that. Coming back three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five more right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Hell, you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got bob logan with us from plumb Line Services Plumbing, hitting, cooling, electric and drains. Plus. We've been talking about all kinds of problems, questions and complaints. Whatever's on your mind. Give us a call of the three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Do you know what ACR is? Does anyone? Do you know what that stands for?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: It's chilling, and it gives credibility to who I thought was overly paranoid, Deputy Dimitri. He's not here, but I thought he was overly paranoid. But there is actually something called ACR on every every smart TV. It is automatic content Recognition. It's surveillance technology on every TV that literally gathers information on what It gathers information on what you're watching, and it then stores it and sells the profile, and you're targeted with ads on other media as well. It's amazing to me on a given day how much our habits are recorded. Almost everything we do is recorded.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I heard you guys talking during the break in the studio about assuming that everything you do is on camera. Were you guys talking about that?
Speaker 5: We were, Yeah, you believe.
Speaker 10: I mean if you think.
Speaker 1: About somebody has a smartphone or there's a traffic cam or some kind of a camera, there's almost almost everywhere everything is recorded.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, now, Bob, you're seeing it in people's homes.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I have cameras in our house.
Speaker 4: Of course, we have them outside everywhere, but most people have cameras in their house now.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not only in their home, but in their cars out you know. Listen, here's the deal. Do you think there'll ever be a time? Well, dash cams are pretty damn common right now, right, I mean a lot of people have dash cams. Do you think there will ever be a time when we wear body cams as a matter of fact? That really, I know it would be weird, but it's quite possible. It really is quite possible. Look at I'm just going to give you an idea. I was looking online for a certain car, just browse. Okay, I'm on a page right now where I'm talking about automatic content content recognition, and to the right side are ads for these cars. You're always a mistake.
Speaker 4: You're always so blown away by that stuff. When you install all these apps, it says, do you mind if we listen to you, do you mind?
Speaker 5: If we see what you're browsing?
Speaker 21: Do you mind?
Speaker 5: Do you mind?
Speaker 4: And of course people install the free app and then that's it. And then with the TVs if you want to watch Hulu.
Speaker 5: Or Netflix, whatever the hub is.
Speaker 4: You've got to accept everything that hub does, which is collect information about you, but don't shocking sometimes. But wait, don't you find it better than like, all of a sudden you're getting commercials, you know, wherever on your laptop or wherever for feminine hygiene products compared to electronics you were looking for.
Speaker 5: I mean, aren't you glad they kind of do target you with stuff at least you're interested in, you know what.
Speaker 1: In a way, I really think you're right. I'd rather see things I've been looking at and now I've actually had that happen where I was looking for something searching. I didn't buy it, but later on, while I was browsing something else, it came up, and when it came up, I bought it, So it actually assisted me. So I don't think spying is altogether bad. Now Again, Dimitri's not here to defend himself, but he believes everything is spying on us, and he tries to be as disconnected as possible. I'm not so paranoid about the spying because I can't think of anything that I'd be doing that where it would hurt me. I mean, I really can't. I don't care if they know what I'm shopping for. I don't care if they know what I like and don't like. I guess the only time I would be upset is if they were not just spying, but kind of pirting my information that I don't.
Speaker 4: What you just talked about. They call it retargeting. It is incredible because you're out there or you're looking for something a blender. You could be on Amazon, you could be on Walmart, you could be anywhere. Then all of a sudden, the next day, someone hits you with that retarget and they know you're already interested in it. Maybe it's a few bucks less than it was the other day and then bam, you buy it. It's a very smart way of advertising.
Speaker 1: I think it is too and I think more and more people are being targeted now. There was a move Afloat and I'm not sure what's happening, where people could opt out of things, and what they would do is they would sell their information. In other words, the person themselves would opt into certain things for a certain amount of money per month. And for example, if if you volunteer to be tracked and you charge different services, like from a few pennies to a few dollars a month, and you could get hundreds of these sources that subscribe to you.
Speaker 4: That almost sounds like you listen in a way, except you know, it just listens to what you're listening to, right.
Speaker 1: But think about that if you had the choice of who you wanted to spy on you, and you allow them to. So let's say you get fifty cents a month from one, two dollars from another, you get twenty five dollars a year from another. This was a move and I don't know what happened to it, but it was a move to make people to give people complete control on who spies on them, because I would not mind people spying on me. So, for example, they may put out a call they want males who make between let's say, thirty and sixty thousand a year, or they might want women who do not work, or they may want older people seventy and older with higher income, and you fit the demographic. You volunteer, You literally sign up, and you are in control of your own spying of who is allowed to spy on you. In order to do that, though, you have to make sure people aren't getting your information free. And I don't remember, I don't recall what happened to this technology that they were trying to pioneer. But I think that would be the ultimate and the best use of spying apps, where you get to choose who you want to spy for you. If anybody has any links on that movement, let me know. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I think we're never going to stop spying ever, We're never going to stop now, Scott, real quick, what is your question? Will we'll ponder it during the break? What is your question?
Speaker 5: Scott?
Speaker 15: Thank you for taking my saw Tom. Tom, We're going back to the interaction you had with that, I think a Brighton police officer with that a Mexican American family. There was no no, it was on the road.
Speaker 1: It was it was inglewood, Inglewood.
Speaker 18: Yeah, thank you, Tom.
Speaker 15: So, Tom, you kind of left me hanging there. The last I heard was the officer confronted you and uh and then and then the story kind of stopped there. So a couple of questions, if I may, First, did you did you file a complaint with the with the police apartment with that with the officer's actions, No, I did not, Okay. Second, was there any way to follow up? Or did he explain why he was acting that way?
Speaker 1: Yes, he said, and I need you to move your car. I need you to leave and move your I need you to move your car and leave. And I said, I'd like to help these people out and he said, I told you to leave, blah blah blah. So I think I was pulled over behind them.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tom.
Speaker 15: A possible explanation, I agree that guy. The guy acted pretty aggressively towards you. A possible explanation one is that the guy's just a jerk. Another one is that maybe he wan Maybe he wan those plates and maybe there was something wrong with the plates. Uh, maybe there was a bulowout for a Mexican American family driving this kind of car.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, Scott, there could have been all kinds of things. I think what he wanted to do is is just take control of the situation. And he probably thought I was a pain in the ass.
Speaker 15: That's that's certainly, that's certainly a reasonable explanation.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Scott, I gotta take this break, but you're welcome to hang on. Will come more coming up? Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call help this insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three O three seven to one three talk. Okay, So I said I pulled over to help this family in a van.
Speaker 5: I remember this table, the flat tire.
Speaker 1: I know there was something else wrong with it, and I knew that, and I was on the phone with with pro Autocare and al Romas was going to send a tow truck. And then the police pulled up and I said, I have a tow truck coming. I'm going to help these people. He said, leave again. I don't have a chance. Member finished with the story.
Speaker 5: You were perturbed.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ripped off new who you don't have? Come run in as sass as we can show.
Speaker 20: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 11: Come man, this is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martinez, Welcome my friends to the only show of It's can. We're here to solve problems, answer your questions, take complaints.
Speaker 5: I'm shaking it and baking it. You've been ripped off? Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. We also have Bob Logan in with us. He, of course, is the owner of plumb Line Services. Great guy.
Speaker 4: I've known Bob now coming up on fifteen years and what a great company. Plumbline has personally helped me out of our house in Castle Rock and our house in Franktown. And any questions you have HVAC related, I got a few for Bob up there too. But if you've got a contractor that ripped you off, you got a Dennis that's got irritated, maybe a landlord. Anything you get the idea? Three zho three Martino. That number works on and off the air. Three zero three Martino. We got three lines open. Hey Scott, we were talking with you about when Tom got pulled.
Speaker 5: Over, and I remember that day. He was in a very bad mood.
Speaker 4: Here's what I think went down, and what we're talking about is years ago, probably twenty eighteen, maybe seventeen. Tom was driving down Santa Fe and basically there was a car off to the side, and for whatever reason, he decided he wanted to see if they needed some help. I think a young woman was outside of it. But Tom pulled over asked something was wrong with their car. I don't remember if it was a flat tire, something was basically disabled their car. So Tom's out talking to him. A police officer shows up and he's like, okay, I'm here now, you need to get back in your car and leave. And I have a feeling someone else probably called the police, and the police showed up to that car and it had to do its investigation and just didn't want anybody else there. But I do remember Tom talking about it on air for about three hours. So it was like that, Scott, are you a cop? I know, sir, all right, Well you had basically some point to make over that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, So Mark, I mean, there's there's a lot of possible situations that could have explained what was going on. Certainly one of the it's certainly that the cop was a jerk. I'm not saying that, but you know, as I told to Tom, I mean, the cop could run the plates.
Speaker 18: There could be some problem with the car.
Speaker 9: This could be some problem with the driver, something we don't know.
Speaker 5: Or simply didn't know and wanted to get to the bottom of it. That's the other thing.
Speaker 15: Well, and where if there were one of those other situations, the cop might not have had Todd more inclination to inform Tom of.
Speaker 18: What he was doing.
Speaker 15: But I'm not saying and I'm not saying Tom's wrong. He might be spot on with this thing. Yeah, I think there might be a what Tom went on to mention that I think it was the the Inglewood Was it Inglewood Inglewood?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 15: Then he goes on to say, well, you know the Inglewood gid. He seems to have a lot of complaints, so his conclusion might have might have been the result of a little confirmation bias there.
Speaker 5: No, I think so too.
Speaker 4: I actually remember that day, I'm not kidding, and I remember thinking, you know, the guy definitely kind of snapped at him, and Tom definitely was just trying to help these people, There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 5: And I get it he was a little upset. He was either going to give him a ride somewhere.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure it was a dang tire, and I think Tom was going to go buy him a tire because they didn't have a spare or something along that, and the cop was just like, you know, this is not your rodeo, brother, you got to get out of here.
Speaker 15: And I mean, now, well, that is certainly a possible explanation for the whole thing, but I think a larger point here, Mark, is that Tom did exactly the right thing when the cops said, hey, you gotta gotta leave Tom.
Speaker 12: Tom will pay the cop.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And that's that's really the that's really the takeaway from this is when a cop tells you to do something, your buddy will do it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I was coming down Santa Fe from Castle Rock to Highland's Ranch.
Speaker 5: I think it's Highland's Ranch Boulevard. And this is years ago.
Speaker 4: I had a brand new Mazda RX eight and I only had it for like four or five days. It was a Friday night and it was like past rush hour and I was heading towards Highland's Ranch. I lived in Castle Rock, and I got that car up to like over one hundred and I passed this SUV and I passed.
Speaker 5: It, just blow by it.
Speaker 4: And as I'm blowing by it, about two three seconds later damn lights are on.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I blew by an undercover cop car and an suv like one of those Ford whatever they are. So I'm like, oh, my goodness. So by the time I slowed down and pull over, what I didn't realize. I went from Douglas County into whatever that next county is over Adams or whatever it is. Is it a rappa hole? So those two were Douglas. They came out. I still had tempt tags on the car bomb. They had guns drawn. Their assumption, I think, was well I was a nut and maybe it was the stolen car, and they literally had guns drawn on me. I had both hands out the side and once they figured out it wasn't stolen, and I told him I just bought it.
Speaker 5: I was being really stupid.
Speaker 4: They said, well, good because we've got someone from the other county coming down because we can't give you a ticket here. They waited a half hour, no one ever showed, and they came up and said, it's your lucky day. We're not waiting anymore. We want to get home to our families for the weekend.
Speaker 5: And I and they let me go, but uh, that is your lucky day. That was my lucky day.
Speaker 4: Thanks shot, I appreciate your call. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So plumbline specials. First of all, it's not really a special when you do it all the time. But the ninety three and free is unbelievable. Ninety three are free. Yeah, that's an ongoing special we have. That's a ninety three or free drain clearing. If you have a drain in your house, especially a mainline that is not you know, that is backed up, it's ninety three dollars. If we cannot clear it, there's no charge. It's unbelievable, you guys. I've told this story on hundred times. You guys came out to my house. I wasn't sure what to expect. Our sink finally just backed up, just backed up over the years. I don't remember putting anything down there. Very calm and just builds up over time, just overtime. And that's exactly what that guy showed me. But he went down it was like brand new, and you guys laughed. Ninety three bucks. Total price was ninety three bucks. That includes the trip charge and everything else.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, how can you not go wrong? How about like tubs?
Speaker 4: I mean generally, I would think at some point, all the hair that goes down a shower drain or a tub drain does the same thing the grease and the food does. It's really bad, but it takes over time. Is there anything people should put in it in between times so it doesn't happen, Bob.
Speaker 5: You know there are there's a couple of products. There's one called bioclean, there's one called bio one. They're both great products or organic, they're not harmful to the environment. Don't use dreno and those things. Now those are like worst scenario. They're not good, and so use an organic product that but and then you know they make these they're almost like zipped that have teeth on them. And I've seen him. You put them down, Yeah, I mean you can buy him for like friends sit on the pipes and dissolve. Oh no, not those. This is actually a piece of plastic that it's just it's good for pulling hair out of those drains, because shower grains, tub drains get a lot of hair in them. And that'll that'll help you. That ninety three or free is crazy.
Speaker 4: So basically you have a slow drain, call these guys, you know, worst scenario for ninety three bucks literally total, they clean your drain. I mean that's like that's actually best scenario. Worst scenario, they don't charge you one nickel and tell you what's going on with it. I mean maybe a tree grew through, you know, your main sewer line or something, but you guys will tell them what the heck's going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if we can't clear it, then that means there's an issue, and a properly functioning drain line should not back up, So there's a there's a problem, and if we can't clear it, then we'll get a camera in there. It could be tree roots, it could be a break in the line, There could be a number of different things. Come up with another good special outside of the drain stuff over this break, Okay, something that'll blow people away, something that'll just like just blow them away.
Speaker 1: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: All right, three oh three seven one three eight.
Speaker 4: Two five five three oh three Martino, any questions you have you've been ripped off taking advantage of anything you got cooking, We'd love to hear from you. Bob Logan sitting next to me, Hey, Bob, I want to ask you a few things. One, plumb Lines got how many employees? I mean, I see your vans everywhere?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Currently just run two hundred and fifty. And how many when you started with plumb Lines So this would be before you owned it, right in two thousand and nine. When I started, we had thirty five employees. Thirty five to two hundred and fifty. Yes, and then vans. How man like service vans. We have about one hundred and sixty vans on the road.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: What was the biggest Looking back now that it's time behind you, what is the hardest part about going from thirty five? Not like you do it overnight. You don't go out and hire two hundred and fifteen people overnight. But what was the hardest part growing plumb line to that size? Is it finding the right people? Well, it's always going to be people. But what was the hardest part for you as as the owner once you became ownership?
Speaker 5: Sure, you know, once you hit fifty employees, then you everything changes, healthcare, everything, f MLA, right, mandatory stuff. So that was a learning experience.
Speaker 4: Well, now, honestly, in Colorado, isn't there something where if isn't there paternity leave now which is mandatory over fifty employees.
Speaker 5: It's mandatory, it doesn't so yes, it's up to twelve weeks. But yeah, it's even for guys too though, right, that is correct. It's not paid to leave though, Oh it's not. It's just your job's guaranteed. Your job's guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Okay, But they can the employee can actually chip in and buy some form of insurance for that as well. I think there's something in Colorado now where they can make some money.
Speaker 5: I believe that's the case. Yes, that is very hard.
Speaker 4: I never had over fifty employees with the five good years, I just always I had like forty eight forty nine. But health insurance was a big one because back then with Obamacare, when you went over fifty after that was first enacted, that's a whole change, man, a whole change. HU mandatory had to cover everybody. And of course everything that Obamacare had well in Affordable Care Act, and we've even prior to that, we.
Speaker 5: Had exceptional health insurance. I mean, that was one thing that the old owner and I agreed with. He said, I want everybody to make a good living. I wanted to have healthcare, and I want to have a savings plan. So we have a four to one kid as well. So those are things that we've carried on.
Speaker 4: You know, we both know a company and I've told you this story offline. It's another h VAC company and they're on the referral list. They're a great company, but there was a period of time pre COVID I'd get a lot of complaints from them, and it was basically about pricing in your industry. Pricing seems the biggest to be the biggest complaint out of the good companies, and especially the larger ones that do a lot of advertising and have a lot of vans on the road and have a lot of payroll et cetera. But he finally decided because this was his biggest call. Or a daughter whose parent who does not live with them ends up either getting a service call or ends up buying a furnace or a water heater or.
Speaker 5: Something, and then they google and they can see you.
Speaker 4: Can buy a furnace at home depot for a couple grand, and now they're really upset. And that was the number one call I got off this company. I'm not going to say who it was, number one call. And they would say, no, you never told them the price, They never did anything. And this guy would say, Mark, I promise you every one of our guys is trained. They know every single penny they're doing.
Speaker 5: So you know what he did.
Speaker 4: He switched over to where every single one of them and Tom was kind of talking about this today, had a little body cam on him.
Speaker 5: Every single sale they did had one.
Speaker 4: And I after they did that until this day, till this day, they still do that, and they've grown substantially. I have not had one complaint like that, and back then I bet I had, I bet I had ten in one year on them.
Speaker 5: What are your thoughts on your guys don't wear bodies, We don't we don't wear body cams and and it's a you know, we've explored the idea, but uh, personally, if I were having a contractor in my home, I wouldn't want them recording my weird the inside of my house like that.
Speaker 4: You might be thinking, hey, they're you know, they're trying to figure out where the jewelry is, the you never know the joining.
Speaker 5: Out, you know. I think there is a good purpose behind them. Obviously they protect the homeowner and and the and the technician and everything's recorded right, But to me it's a little bit of an invasion when you go into somebody's home.
Speaker 4: What's the biggest screw up? One of your employees who's done? Like, uh, you know you guys, I'm sure used to work on those coolers on the roof. Do you ever have one of those break and flooded house? I mean, give me an idea of like, what's cat? What is that phone call that you never wanted to get?
Speaker 5: And there it was? Oh boy, no, just one. Well, so I guess the biggest one is we were doing a repair and uh, and the plumber had cut out a section of drywall. And if you if you exceed a certain number of square feet. You have to get it tested for asbestos.
Speaker 9: And he was.
Speaker 5: He was a licensed plumber, had his master's license. But he didn't. He didn't he was new enough, he didn't he didn't know that or or I mean, it should should have been well known. I think it was probably building in the seventies. Okay, maybe sixties, but but anyway, oh my gosh. So we had to do a complete cleaning process through through that and like a restoration company, long and drawn out, put put them up in a hotel, and it's just you know, it was an honest mistake by this plumber, but I I never want to experience that again.
Speaker 4: But that's where you go back, and that's where you retrain everybody. I mean you, I mean, that's something that typically is not going to happen more than one.
Speaker 5: And unfortunately, that's where you know, hopefully, hopefully you can stay ahead of all these things before they happen. But all companies will say they they've pull your skirt up for me.
Speaker 4: These people, well please don't these people on the outside of Costco. When I leave Costco, there's the Costco water guy, There's the Costco roof guy, there's the Costco appliance guy. There's the Costco hvac guy. My understanding is companies like yours bid for this stuff. What who are these people at Costco? And do they change all the time or are they generally the same company? Have you guys ever teamed up with Costco plumb line we have.
Speaker 5: We actually sell water treatment systems through you right now and uh and we work with home depot on hvac and water treatment and electrical and plumbing. Are those considered like a wholesale account? No, so you don't. You don't bid for him, you actually go You have to apply for them and it's a very stringent process through background checks on myself personally as a company, you know, financial stability because they don't want to work with a contractor that's going to because ultimately Costco is going to do what's right exactly. They're gonna they're gonna stand behind everything that we do as a contractor and then they're gonna come back to us.
Speaker 4: And so right now, if I went through a Costco at least around here and bought a water system, what would that be like to Halo or whatever? Uh No, that's Eco water, Eco water. So if I bought one of those that's through you guys. Correct, How is that for Lee Generations? When you leave Costco? I mean, my god, if you look at it, there's it's crazy. I don't care when you go to Costco around Christmas you're insane. But I mean anytime you go to Costco at least by Park Meadows, it's got to be great. It's got to be so many people get to meet you right there.
Speaker 5: It is great. It's good for it's good for our business, it's good for their business. It's a great it's a great partnership. And and Costco Home Deepot. These are well known, you know, international brands, and people trust them and they know that they're going to stand behind you know. Hopefully they feel the same about Plumbline. That Plumbline is a legitimate company that's going to do good work and stand behind their products and services. But knowing that you have Costco or home Depot to back it up as well is fantastic.
Speaker 4: How much of a haircut does a company that's doing that with Costco take? I mean, in other words, you must have to pay them something.
Speaker 5: They get a little bit of a fee. Yeah, they have to.
Speaker 4: That's why would they do it, so you do take a little bit of a haircut, but you're hoping for the volume on that side.
Speaker 5: Correct. Have you tried it with the HVAC side, not just the water treatments. We're in talks about that all the time. Yeah, okay, so it's a constant. Yes, So that's good. That's a good How about Home Depot Partnership another good one. It's fantastic. Yeah, great company, great people to people.
Speaker 4: Are people surprised, like they go to home Depot they buy what a furnace, ac, a whole system whatever.
Speaker 5: Well, typically that's not why why you go to a home depot, right, You're want to buy a screwdriver or uh something for your garden or landscaping or something like that. So most people don't even know that these things are available through home Depot and uh and so we have people in the store that will introduce you like Costco, right, and I know they'll treat you, you know, you know, if you go in and you can typically see people that're looking around, they don't know what I'll to go to, so they'll help you just like an associate. They're there to assist.
Speaker 4: Are you allowed to Let's go back to Costco. Are you allowed to engage with people leaving?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: I'm sure you can say, oh, hi, how are you doing? Yeah, yeah, you're don't approach them, Yes, you can have a conversation high how's your day? Not like the cell phone people at Sam's Club? Correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it does AT and T phone and they trying to sell you an AT and T phone. Right, that's kind of cool, man. Do you like that form of business better? I mean, I don't remember you guys doing that a long time ago. I mean we met over ten years ago. I don't think you we weren't doing it back then. But it's a different type of business.
Speaker 5: Does Amazon do anything like that? Uh, not that I'm ware of.
Speaker 4: I know they attempted to do something strange like four or five years ago with home services, but it disappeared before I think it even took off.
Speaker 5: Right, And there's been so many companies that have tried that. Do you remember I used to do? Amazon can't accomplish it, probably, you know, I'm not going to say never, but yeah, Well, with their resources, they'd have to team up with locals like you guys were big. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: I remember doing advertising for a company it was called price Fixer, and it was years ago, over ten years ago, and it was a very interesting concept. You would go to I think pricefixer dot com and you would actually pick out a furnace. Most people know nothing about a furnace, so you would basically start off by going is it forest air or what is it? I mean, I don't remember the choices so you had to know that. Then the second choice was how many square feet? And then the third choice was like how many current registers? I mean, there was a lot of choices by the time you would get to something. And the problem ultimately was consumers have no idea what these things are sized for what they do.
Speaker 5: They just don't know if they don't know, and I was I remember price Fixer, and I actually went on their website and tried to do it for my own home, and it was difficult for me to get through the process even knowing.
Speaker 4: Even being part of the biggest complaint I'd have on them is people simply didn't understand. So what would happen is the only reason a thing like price Fixer would work. And the whole thing came down to you could get a furnace cheaper than anywhere else. And if you truly did know everything you were doing, and you were a DYI person, well the same would go.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can go out and buy a furnace wholesale somewhere and if you know to install it, well God bless you enjoy, But.
Speaker 5: You'll never get a permit for it.
Speaker 4: Well, no, you'll never That's right, you'll never get a permit. But my point is it was in order for a model like price Fixer to work or whatever Amazon was trying to do, the consumer has to be a lot more savvy and has to be more engaged in the entire thing, because soon as you throw in salespeople coming out, people that are sizing the system, people that will warranty the system. As soon as you turn it into a normal sales for a service company, you can't sell at that price and you'll go broke.
Speaker 5: And I've said it time and time again. You know a first and air conditioning system, it's it's not like a refrigerator that you buy and you bring it home and you plug it in. Yeah, you can buy the best equipment money we'll buy. If it's not installed properly, it will fail. It'll give you problems. It won't run efficiently. It could even be dangerous. So it's not like an appliance that you just play. Are you going to have a don't give it now? You can have a killer special on some force. I'll find out.
Speaker 4: All right, everybody, hold on, We're gonna we got three lines open. I've got a guy up with a problem with the freight company.
Speaker 1: F two.
Speaker 5: You're up next.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Three three seven.
Speaker 4: One three eight two five five three oh three Martino. By the way, this hour brought to you by Frank durand the Real Estate Man. How I love thee bob logan. You know Frank listed my house in Castle Rock and he came out and said, Hey, we're going to list it for fifty grand lesson what you think you can sell it for. And of course I just start arguing with them. Sometimes I think I know everything, And sure enough I have all the faith in Frank, and I let him list it for fifty grand lesson I know I can get for it. And sure enough he created such a bidding war that was on a Friday, come Monday. Not only did we have almost one hundred thousand people virtually walk through it with this three D matterhorn walkthrough thing from all over the country, we had thirty legit offers in the bidding war. By the time it was done, he ended up getting me forty grand more than my exact same model anywhere else in the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Wow. Incredible. No, And it just freaks you out though that initial You just got to you just got to give your your faith to him. Trust the experts, right.
Speaker 4: Us the expert in speaking of that, he's a man of faith. He kicks butt, man, he really does. Now help me out here five too, What is going on with this freight company? What were you shipping?
Speaker 22: I was shipping very unique African handbags by Lee, and the colors are very unique done in a proprietary manner by the Indie Unice people that nobody else knows how to make these colors except for those people.
Speaker 16: And we work together because they are my people.
Speaker 5: Did they lose it?
Speaker 22: So the fred company got the hand boxes of my handbags from Africa and it variety in Atlanta. So from Atlanta to Colorado, the guy said that he packed all ten boxes onto a U haul truck and while he was driving from his area to Derta's cargo that the view hold back threw open.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he lost Well didn't you have it insured? There must have been some form of insurance besides like sixty cents a pound or something absurd? Was there any insurance policy you took out?
Speaker 22: So I don't know if he's insured, But we don't take insurance on our side. Here, we pay him. We've been working together for nine years.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, So truly the good news is it truly was an accident. You don't think he was trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Let me ask you something. Your business insurance so helped me out with this. I mean back when I had companies, if someone broke in and stole computers, or stole tires, or stole any parts that I had. I had a policy that would step.
Speaker 5: In and pay for that. You don't have any kind of insurance like that.
Speaker 22: So I have an insurance, but I don't know if that insurance applies to the transportation of the product from Atlanta to Colorado.
Speaker 5: Did you own the product?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, if you owned it, I would call up your broker.
Speaker 4: Actually, we could get Brian Burns on hold on a second. I got a good idea here. What kind of policy do you have? Do you know what it's referred to? Because as far as going after the shipper, I assume you already tried this. You probably said, hey, that was what is the dollar amount? What would you say those bags were worth?
Speaker 16: So that is high.
Speaker 22: It's more than two hundred thousand, and oh my god, I don't trust it.
Speaker 3: Threat for what you?
Speaker 5: Wait a minute? Do you have a picture? Can you send us a picture of some of these bags?
Speaker 22: Absolutely? And I have it documented informationally if you if you don't mind, I could tell you this one the reason I don't trust him. He wanted me to work to collaborate with him. I said no, and then he wanted.
Speaker 5: On what collaborate with him, how.
Speaker 22: Like I would design handbags and he would sell.
Speaker 5: Handy to understood he wanted to be cut in on it.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 5: So do you think he just stole the bags? Yes, you really do. Hold on a second. A couple things.
Speaker 4: One, I want you to figure out what insurance you have, Kelly, I want to start tomorrow off with that. In Brian Burns, I really, And then I want Fa Tou to please send us a picture of some of these items she's talking about.
Speaker 5: Am I crazy?
Speaker 4: Or did she say ten purses and then she valued him around two hundred thousand dollars for all ten I mean that's that's twenty thousand bucks apiece. That's a that that makes Gucci, that makes Gucci and Paris Hilton look cheap. I mean, like really, that's crazy. I just want to make sure we have plenty of time with her tomorrow. Hey, Rick, what's your question on roofing.
Speaker 18: I was dealing with a roofer and they wanted payment with my bank account numbers not Yeah, they did say they'd take a credit card, but they wanted to charge me three and a quarter percent. I just wanted to know what your opinion was, given them my routing number and my bank account.
Speaker 4: Numbers, Well, you should just actually transfer to their bank account. You ask them for theirs. You should be able to log in and do an ach transfer and pay them that way or write them a check. I wouldn't give them my bank account number. I find that back ass backwards in your situation.
Speaker 18: Well, I guess that's apparently maybe that's what they're trying to do. They have a place for me to log into their stuff and put in my numbers, so I should be all right to go ahead and do that.
Speaker 5: No, No, Rick, here, here's what I'm saying. Who do you bank with? What bank is it?
Speaker 18: Or with Wells Firego? And this is with Golden Spiper Roofing.
Speaker 4: Well, Okay, first of all, I trust Golden Spike, so I've I've got I trust Spike. I have no problem there. But in general, when I pay somebody like that, I would log onto the Wells Fargo portal just like you would to look at your checking account, and then you just click on makeing ach payment and then you put in their information instead of the opposite. I don't like giving people. They're the ones that want to get paid. I don't know why you wouldn't simply get their account number and transfer it. Why do you have to give up the info you follow?
Speaker 5: But I'm not.
Speaker 4: But even after all that, I still I still trust the guys at Golden Spike. He's not going to rip you off by any means. They've been on our referral list forever. In a day, you got it, Rick, Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I just you know, I was like, I was kind of you know, I like to use my credit cards so I get my mileage for my flight stuff, and they're just telling me they're just don't do that unless.
Speaker 5: I got it, So I wouldn't pay that either.
Speaker 4: Man, I hate these companies that charge percentage, But I get why. I mean, it's not cheap to process a credit card.
Speaker 5: I get why.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for that call real quick, Bob Logan. You guys take credit cards or do you guys charge a percentage or what?
Speaker 5: We do take credit cards and we do not charge a percentage. Wow, that's unheard. I really understand why companies would because the fees are high to take a Oh.
Speaker 4: My goodness, are they high. I'm thinking of all the people that pay me monthly. In credit cards. I mean, it's ridiculous. Thousands upon thousands of dollars in fees and for you guys, I oh my, I assume you guys are close to one hundred million a year.
Speaker 5: Think of three and a half percent. It's not hard to it's not hard to jump. But you're the one that gets to see that line item. I'm sure that makes you nice and happy. It adds up quick. But yeah, we try to make it as convenient as we can for clients. So whether they use a credit card, we have financing options. Of course, take checks and we still do those like no intro things. Do you guys have finance companies you work? We do twelve months no interest. Sometimes the finance companies do a special like eighteen months twenty four months no interest.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure hould on one second, Hey, Kelly, make sure we get our z on first thing in the morning to go ahead.
Speaker 2: Doc, What do you do with all the points you accumulate? They go to your account?
Speaker 5: No, unfortunately they don't. It's we use a credit back to the company. Yeah, okay, you can do that. You can do that. I've got so many travel points just because you advertising. It's just ridiculous, but.
Speaker 2: I have a bunch of them because I was a sole proprietor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you just I mean it's very cool, but I if you add up the benefit of the two percent, say you get two percent cash back like on a Spark card or you know, something along those lines, but when you use the card, it still costs you about three percent to accept it. I mean it helps a little, but you know you're still losing money. What special did you come up with quickly?
Speaker 5: So for anybody, I would encourage them to go to a website first and look at our current offers plumb line service mon dot com. It shows all the current offers. But we're starting to get super busy for HVAC and plumbing with a with a spring and summer coming on. So I'm going to do an electrical one. We got right now because EV chargers are becoming so popular. Charger an EV charger kind of disco. Usually you get the the one ten that comes with the car, but it takes takes a month to charge it. Right, so these are fast changers. Put in a thirty amp of fifty amp whatever their boxer hundred and forty volt right yeah, so uh right, now we're doing a special of two hundred dollars off. That's it plumb Line Services dock at pump Plumbline Services dot Com. I will double that for four for Tom Martinez. Yeah, for twour hundred off today or tomorrow because people here, you know what, call this week and off four hundred off an EV charger.
Speaker 4: If you're one of these poor people out there that have been plugging into that one ten and waiting forever, you can get a thirty of forty of fifty am the two forty volt and it is so much quicker. We got one and four hundred dollars off right now, and that's a real deal. If you go to plumbline Services dot Com, they'll see the two hundred dollars specials if they mentioned the show double whammy Ye four, I love it. Plumb Line Services dot Com. Everybody hold tight,